PDA

View Full Version : Golden Sapphire, Eyes of the Devil: Kotomine Shirou Snippet Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ItsaRandomUsername
March 14th, 2011, 01:22 PM
So that there's a place for these kickass snippets to live once more.

I'll leave Theocrass to post his own, and I'll write some when I get the chance...

Keyne
March 14th, 2011, 01:28 PM
K Shirou/Saber flirt whar? >:U

ItsaRandomUsername
March 14th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I might write that after the Saber/Irisviel/shota-Shirou WAFFy oneshot.

Theocrass~, where are yooouuuuu? Your calling is right here...

Keyne
March 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I might write that after the Saber/Irisviel/shota-Shirou WAFFy oneshot.

Theocrass~, where are yooouuuuu? Your calling is right here...

You promised you'd do it. ;~;

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I'm back baby! You'll get it Keyne-san! I was right in the middle of writing it when the old site shut down. :'(

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Kotomine Shirou:

Snippets

et Spiritus Sancti - Solemn Worshipper Shirou

x-X-x-x-x-X-x

My sword is the key to my soul
A body of steel, forged in the fires of my faith
A glass heart, formed with the broken shards of my former self
A blessing or a curse, none can tell
Once dead and in darkness
Yet borne up on the wings of a devil with no heart
The Saint and the Sinner
A sword of the Divine
That was forged by the Damned
Conflict remains my eternal companion
So, as I pray, UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!

- In Nomine Patris - 1
“What do you think you're doing, dear sister?"

Eyes the color of golden sapphires peered at her through the darkness, the soft candle light adding a sinister shine to the amber orbs. Trapped as he was, with the Cloth of Magdala wrapped around his lithe form, there was little else he could do besides voice a question.

The white-haired beauty paused in her fumbling with his belt buckle to give him a sardonic smirk. "Playing coy sweet brother? It does not suit you."

The red blush staining her cheeks betrayed the image of cool confidence she was trying so hard to project.

"Coy? With you? I would never dream of it. What I want to know, is why you think you need to bind me?"

Caren froze as a hand caressed her cheek, sending shivers down her spine. Body numb with shock, she looked up to see her now free brother, his face twisted into the Kotomine approximation of a leer. The Cloth of Magdala lay discarded behind his suddenly imposing form, prompting Caren to gasp.

"But how-"

She never got to finish her question, as strong hands pulled her upwards into a loving embrace against a lightly muscled frame. Caren blushed as she felt her body meld with her brother's, his approval of her actions as obvious as the hard rod pressing against her stomach.

The same hands that pulled her up were now resting on her pert rump, and she looked up to see her brother's face nearing her own. Kotomine Shirou's lips met those of his sister, two pairs of golden eyes flashing with long-suppressed lust as he did his best to give his sister a tonsillectomy with his tongue.

He pulled away after a moment, leaving his sister breathless and more, before saying, "As always dear sister, you are forever the closest to my heart."

He paused before adding, "And that firm behind of yours always holds at least 25% of my attention. That certainly doesn't hurt your standing."

Caren smiled sweetly before headbutting her beloved brother. Hard.

================================================== ==

ItsaRandomUsername
March 14th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Yes, yes, YES!

POST THEM, DEAR THEO! BWAHAHAHAHAH!

Theocrass
- ET FILI - 1 - Part 1
"I'm going to kill you now."

Mind-numbing terror gripped Matou Shinji as he scrambled away from the twisted . . . thing that used to be his sister. She stalked forward sedately, the red hand mark from a minute or two ago still present on her cheek.

Crying and sniveling, begging for his life while he tried to hide the wet spot on his pants, Shinji's true colors revealed themselves in that dimly lit parking lot. With all the lies stripped away, Shinji Matou was nothing more than a scared and jealous child, pining for approval of something that could no longer be called human.

And now, he was to be hoisted by his own petard. He would be killed by an abomination he had a direct hand in creating. Ironically, at the moment he resembled nothing so much as the very creature that so critical the Makiri family's magecraft.

A worm.

The worst part of the horrible death that awaited him, he reflected, was the expression on Sakura's face.

Or rather, the lack of one. Face blank and eyes empty, Sakura's appearance brought to mind the image of a statue the color of flesh.

Gloating, hatred, despair, hysteria, delight. Any of these things would have been preferable to the emotionless silence he was confronted with. He would have taken any sort of validation of his meaning, negative or not, over this.

Some sort of acknowledgment that he finally broke her outer shell, some sign of the ambitious fiend he had long since convinced himself she was.

Instead, nothing. His death would mean nothing. He would be killed by nothing.

His pathetic attempt at escape finally ended when he backed against a crumbling cobblestone wall. Oh sure, he could try running. But even Shinji was not fool enough to believe he could outrun the blindfolded woman shadowing Sakura's every move.

His sister was almost upon him, still moving at that infuriatingly-slow, measured pace she had begun with.

In his last moments, Shinji Matou was forced to see everything that he really was, he was forced to acknowledge the monster he had become. And as his death approached, Shinji Matou felt shame-

"Rejoice Matou! Your salvation is at hand!" Kotomine Shirou announced as he landed between the two, with a woman Shinji assumed to be the priest's servant landing beside him.

-which quickly morphed into deranged glee as he assessed this new situation.

Kotomine Shirou; altruist, gullible moron, and all around doormat had been practically dropped into his lap! And with a servant, no less. He wasn't the least bit phased by the woman with the massive sword, as the son of the priest moderating the war, it was only natural that Shirou himself participate.

Sakura, for her part, merely tensed up while Rider assumed a defensive position in front of her master. Save for a slight narrowing of her eyes though, her expression remained empty.

"Shirou! You gotta help me! My sister's gone crazy! She's trying to kill me! Save me!" Shinji cried as he clutched the clergyman's pant leg, playing up the innocent victim bit to further motivate the do-gooder.

Amber eyes peered down at him through the darkness. Shirou's face had the same expression it always had, a polite and serene smile that spoke of a saintly disposition.

"No."

Shinji caught a flash of contempt in those golden sapphires before Shirou returned his gaze to Sakura.

"Wha-what?!" Shinji sputtered as he crab-walked back into the wall.

"I wasn't talking to you Shinji," the priest's son said before calmly ordering, "Saber, kindly eliminate the filth's ability to escape."

"Tch. You owe me two cheeseburgers for that attitude of yours master."

Shinji didn't even have time to scream when the petite blond woman appeared in front of him and planted her blade in his leg.

After that, well, he had time to scream quite a lot. And he did so. Very loudly.

Saber's lips twisted in displeasure and she pushed the blade deeper, sending the boy's screaming fit a few octaves higher.

"Cease your cries before you lose that leg," the former King of England commanded imperiously. The shrieks instantly became pained whimpers.

"Ahem. It would be nice if the interruptions stopped now," Shirou interjected, a hint of annoyance entering his voice. Saber growled but said nothing while Sakura and Rider remained silent.

Seeing that no interruptions were forthcoming Shirou took a step forward and swept his arms outward in a grand gesture, his coat whipping dramatically behind him as he declared, "Matou Sakura! Rejoice, for your salvation is at hand!"

Sakura took a moment to process this odd move before pointedly turning to Saber and asking, "Is something wrong with him?

Saber snorted as Shirou visibly deflated, "That's like asking if people die when they are killed."

"Insubordinate and rebellious servants aside, I'd like to speak with you Matou Sakura, about a great many things. The first, of course, being this: Would you like me to save you?"

Purple orbs glared at him balefully as the air itself seemed to thicken. Sakura's tone was positively frigid when she finally deigned to speak again, even as her face reverted back to that blank slate.

"Is this some kind of joke? You show up out of nowhere, cripple an already helpless enemy, offer to," she actually pauses to grimace before she speaks again, "save me, and expect me to fall into your arms?"

"I will point out that I never said anything about you falling into my arms," Shirou commented mildly.

If Sakura's tone was cold before, by now it was glacial, "Give me one good reason not to kill you."

Shirou's smile widened at that and he took another step forward but making no aggressive moves. Rider tensed at this, her body clearly projecting a message of "come no closer".

"My dear Matou, I shall do you one better than that!" Shirou declared boisterously, one hand on his heart and the other gesturing towards the heavens. If Sakura was amused by his antics, she gave no sign.

The boy's expression abruptly straightened as he said," First, I was not joking. I will save you."

It was not spoken with absolute conviction or strong self-belief. It was a statement spoken with factual indifference. It was already true as far as Shirou was concerned, and he had no need to prove a fact. The finality present within that statement was so powerful that Sakura's emotionless shell actually broke into an expression of surprise.

Erlkonig
Yes! I see potential in this thread!

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:40 PM
et Filii - 1 - Part 2
But it quickly became a bitter smile, devoid of any true humor. Sakura's voice was equally bitter when she spoke again, "Save me? What makes you think there's anything left to save, that there's anything worth saving?"

Shirou clapped his hands together and smiled at her, "Aaaaah, and that brings me to my second reason! You would not have been able to kill me even if you wanted to, and you certainly weren't going to kill Shinji."

Sakura's face twisted in rage. "What makes you so confident of that!? You don't know me! You don't know what I'm capable of! I could kill you in a second!"

Shirou's smile became a smirk as he snapped his fingers. Saber disappeared from her position beside Shinji and reappeared in front of Rider, driving the servant back with a heavy blow.

In the next moment, Shirou was in front of Sakura, with a long blade he seemingly produced from nowhere. Sakura made to move, but stopped when Shirou abruptly shoved the blade's handle into her hand and forced her to hold it against his throat.

"Show me what can you can do Sakura! Kill me! Strike me down with all of your hatred!" Excitement was building in his voice and, if he were any other person, the look on his face would be described as demented.

Face pale and hands trembling, Sakura could only look back and forth between the blade and Shirou's face.

"What are you waiting for?! DO IT!"

All those years of torment, the constant cycle of rape, the knowledge that her real family gave her away to monsters, all of it came to a head in that moment.

In that one moment, her entire world consisted of herself, the blade in her hand, and the boy in front of her. Nothing, not the Servants battling in the background, not the ground beneath their feet, and not Shinji trying to drag himself away, existed beyond those three things.

And suddenly, Shirou wasn't Shirou. He was Shinji, he was Zouken, he was Rin, he was Tokiomi, he was Aoi, he was everyone who'd ever hurt her.

In that single, solitary moment, Sakura made the only decision that her heart would abide. She dropped the blade.

And while the steel weapon did not break when it struck the ground, she fractured into a million pieces. She fell forward into a smiling Shirou's arms, sobbing as hard as she possibly could.

Shirou's emotional state could best be described as euphoric as he let the emotions she had kept hidden inside over the years wash over him like a wave of water. He took it all in. Her hope, her fear, her sorrow, her despair, and even her anger.

This was where he and his father differed. While Kotomine Kirei delighted in the suffering of others, his son was a different breed of beast altogether. Kotomine Shirou reveled in all emotions, good or bad. Above all he loved making people feel and, consequently, he loved people.

"Wh-why?" Sakura asked, her crying eyes meeting his own.

"Why?" Shirou parroted, his lips curling upwards into a grin. "Because I can."

The girl could think of no response to this statement beyond bringing herself closer to this person's warmth, snuggling into his embrace.

"Hey! Master! What do you want to do about him?" Saber gestured towards Shinji, who was slowly making his way out of the parking lot. The fight between the two Servants had long since ended, the fighting having ended when Shirou and Sakura embraced.

Shirou took a moment to consider the sniveling Wakame head. "He's a big boy. He can walk home."

Saber snorted at the response, while Rider continued to watch the pair of Masters uncertainly.

In the darkness of the poorly lit parking lot, Kotomine Shirou's golden eyes glowed.

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:41 PM
- Et Spiritus Sancti - 1
"It's not too late, my son. You can still make the right decision."

It was not surprising that he was being mugged. After all, one doesn't simply walk into the baddest part of Fuyuki alone and at night unless they've got a suicide wish. It was almost as though Kotomine Shirou wanted to be attacked.

Maybe he did.

"Spare me the 'my son' crap kid. I must be at least 10 years older than you."

20 years would probably be a more accurate number. His would-be attacker was haggard and thin-faced, dressed in tattered jeans and a filthy sweatshirt. Coarse stubble and grime covered a skeletal countenance. The man's pupils were heavily dilated, and the hand that was not holding the knife was gripping his arm. The hoodlum was breathing heavily and his legs were visibly shaking.

A junkie then. No, more than a junkie. Shirou could see it in his eyes. This man had killed before. He was willing to do so again.

Though, for the life of him he couldn't figure out how the pathetic wretch in front of him had ever managed to kill anything.

"Ah, and your are still but a lost child, pining for the father you've never known. Allow me to introduce you to him."

"I've seen your sermon and I'm not impressed. Now give me your wallet already priest!"

A poor choice on his part. It was always such a shame to see potential wasted, no matter how small or insignificant that potential may be.

Kotomine Shirou cast a flat glaze heavenward, saying, "My God, my God, why have you surrounded me with idiots?"

The man snarled at this, prompting Shirou to raise his hands in a gesture of peace. He patted down his coat and shirt pockets exaggeratedly before reaching for his pants.

The filthy criminal never saw it coming.

The hand that was moving towards his pocket suddenly snapped forward, striking a blow of the hooded man's temple and leaving him momentarily dazed.

After that, it was a simple matter to disarm him. The confused druggie instinctively lashed out in the priest boy's direction. Instead of avoiding the blind flailing, Shirou opted to catch the man by the wrist and twist his arm behind his back, sending the vermin to his knees.

The man of the cloth applied pressure to the captured wrist, forcing the man to drop the blade into Shirou's waiting hand.

A sharp blow to the back of the mugger's head with the knife handle dazed him further, making him unable to do anything when Shirou released his hand. The Kotomine boy yanked the man's head back, exposing his neck to him, while flipping the blade point down in his other hand.

The junkie's thin, haggard face was frozen into an expression of terror as he stared up at his death. Shirou took a moment to burn that face into his memory, not out of any sense of sentimentality, but because he would be responsible for this man's death.

"May you find mercy in the Lord, where you found none in me," Shirou intoned solemnly, before burying the blade in the man's throat with a wet squelch.

A red blossom sprouted from where the blade connected with the man's throat while his face contorted in pain and shock, bloodied lips flapping uselessly. The red-haired boy ripped the blade out to the side, finally killing the junkie but also getting blood on his face.

He sighed deeply as he pocketed the pilfered butterfly knife, this experience wasn't as rewarding as he'd thought it be. He splayed his hands outwards so he could stare at them. Save for a few red dots, there was no strikingly evident change he could discern with his eyes.

This was the first time he'd ever killed.

And he wasn't sure how to feel about it.

He couldn't really bring himself to feel anything about it. Not the guilt his religious dogma told him he should feel for taking a life, not the fear the little boy inside him wanted to feel, and certainly not the joy his father would be feeling right now.

In truth, he had come to the worst part of town wanting to be attacked. The Holy Grail War was just kicking into motion, and he had wanted to know what it was like to kill, to be prepared for true death. He wanted to feel another person's life spill over his hands as he sank a Black Key in their chest.

He killed a criminal, no one would miss the guy. Did that make it okay? Did he care if it did?

"Kotomine? Is that you?" Tohsaka Rin questioned from the alley entrance she'd appeared in. The tall figure, half-concealed by the shadows of the alley and half-revealed by the glow of the street lights, visibly stiffened.

She recognized her longtime friend even with his back to her, there were few priests in Fuyuki and fewer still had red hair. He was standing over some sort of lump, but she couldn't make it out from where she was standing.

When he turned around to look at her, she had to stop herself from taking a step backwards. Half shrouded in shadows with blood running his pale face, golden sapphire eyes shining with a sinister light, and an expression that was not quite a smile, Kotomine Shirou looked like nothing so much as a devil.

She could feel her annoying, smart-mouthed Servant shift in surprise behind her but she paid him no mind when she finally snapped out of her shock. "Shirou, what happened to you?!"

She was upon him with a few quick steps, already moving to clean his face with a cloth she pulled from nowhere. Before she could, Shirou caught her by the wrists and pulled her flush against his body.

Unprepared for the move and its intimacy, Tohsaka Rin could do little more than redden in embarrassment. She yanked herself away from him, about to demand an explanation when he spoke.

"I'm fine Rin. It's not my blood," Shirou said, the nightmarish expression he had on earlier thankfully gone.

Indignation and concern fueled her retort, "And that means you're okay with having it all over your face!?"

He yielded at this and let her wipe his face clean. She paused after finishing and looked at the motionless form lying behind him. It was a body. A dead body.

Shirou didn't need to look to know what she was staring at. "He tried to mug me," he explained preemptively.

Rin started at this, before her eyes narrowed in suspicion. "So you killed him? What kind of a priest are you? Why would you even do that?"

Subduing a mugger should have been child's play to someone like Kotomine Shirou. He wasn't telling her something.

"Even the righteous must wade through heresy and sin to reach salvation."

She felt her temper rise at this. It was a typical Kotomine tactic. Avoid answering directly by spouting some sage, religious platitude. Remembering that he wasn't always like this made her angrier still.

She spun on her heel, declaring frostily, "Fine! If you don't want answer me, I'll let you clean up your own mess! Come on Archer!"

She stalked away imperiously, her twin tails whipping behind her. Her Servant paused to match gazes with him. Molten gold and steely silver clashed momentarily before the white-haired man spoke.

"We will have words later, Kotomine Shirou," the man said, something that was not quite a threat present in his tone. Then, he too turned away and left the dark alley.

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Bonus Omake Snippet!

Caren felt a shit-eating grin grow on her face as she crept closer and closer to her brother's door. She took another step forward, when the sound of valve turning caught her attention. She turned her head and knew fear.

Her father, Kotomine Kirei, stood at the end of the hall with a blank expression and a very large hose in hands.

Before she could plead for mercy, a high pressure gout of water shot out of hose head and summarily knocked her on her ass.

"Don't worry daughter, even if you cannot protect yourself from your body's wanton urges, I can."

Sputtering and soaked, Caren Ortensia was quickly driven out of the cramped hallway. Kotomine Kirei slept like a baby that night.

In the morning, after slipping onto his ass, Kotomine Shirou would wonder where the massive puddle of water in front of his door came from.

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
- In Nominee Patris - 2
To say Bazett was surprised when the Church official she had been meeting with suddenly spun her into his lap and locked lips with her would be putting it mildly.

Fortunately (for Shirou at least), because she was a consummate professional in all things and had more than passable knowledge in the field of covert operations, she managed to refrain from taking the cheeky brat's tongue with her when she pulled away from their heated lip lock. Barely.

It certainly had nothing to do with the well muscled form she was intimately pressed against. Or the hands sliding up and down her curvy backside. Or the fact that it was her first kiss and it very, very good. Certainly not.

"What. Are. You. Doing?" She hissed, the heated exchange having left her a tad breathless.

The boy was equally short of breath when he responded, she noted with a bit of pride. "See. Those. Guys. In. Blue. Behind. Me?"

Without even waiting for her to respond, he immediately began nuzzling her neck, nipping the pale flesh whenever he could. Bazett barely managed to withhold a throaty moan. She was dimly aware of growing warmth between her legs.

The lovely Irishwoman forced herself to look forward and instantly spotted the rough-looking group of youths. A group of perhaps ten teenagers, all wearing clothes of the same blue shade, was prowling about on the other side of the park. The nearly uniform appearance and seemingly similar dispositions led her to conclude they were likely members of a small gang local to the city.

"GangstAaaaahnnnnnn~!" her question devolved into a sensual moan when the priest found her earlobe with his teeth.

Nevertheless, the teen managed to get the gist of her answer.

"Yea," he halted his worship of her porcelain skin to respond. "I've had . . . difficulties with this group in the past. I feel it prudent to avoid detection at this time."

"What?!" she snapped. "You're doing this because you can't handle a couple of schoolyard bullies?!"

He didn't respond, busy as he was with lavishing his attentions upon her neck. She moaned cutely when his questing tongue found a particularly sensitive area.

"Hauuuuuuuu~!"

She immediately slapped herself mentally. Growling low in her throat, she began grinding on the boy's lap. Two can play at this game!

When she felt him stiffen, in more ways than one, the grin on her face made you think she'd won the lottery or something. She choose not to acknowledge that her own body was getting hotter by the second.

He broke away from her neck to say, "I am quite capable of handling them. I simply prefer not to. Although, perhaps engaging the loveliest woman in the park in a face sucking contest was not the smartest solution."

She blushed, flattered by the compliment despite herself. The lovely redhead was therefore unprepared when the priest boy caught her bottom lip with his teeth. He nipped and sucked at it for a few seconds, when Bazett decided to turn it into a duel of tongues.

A poor move on her part. Her oral fumblings were no match for the boy's far more experienced appendage, and she soon found herself driven into a corner of her own mouth.

She moaned appreciatively, no longer mindful of their location, and buried her hands in his crimson locks. The magus woman began grinding harder into her companion's lap, and he in turn began gripping her firm buttocks.

After a minute or so passed, Bazett found herself being pulled up by her arms and mewled in disappointment when her lips left those of the golden-eyed youth. She opened her eyes to see the priest boy towering over her, looking every bit as impeccable and impassive as he had when their meeting had begun.

She very much doubted the same could be said for herself.

"Shall we continue this discussion elsewhere, Ms. McRemitz?" the teenager inquired calmly, gesturing towards a nearby hotel.

Her mouth was suddenly dry as she hurried to answer him, "Ah-Ye-yes! And please, call me Bazett."

The man's lips curled upwards into a parody of smile as he brought her hand to his lips.

"It would be my pleasure, Bazett. You may call me Shirou." He punctuated the statement by kissing her hand, making her redden even further.

He made to turn but stopped when she grabbed his sleeve. He looked back at her to see the woman with her head down and her cheeks red.

"Um, please be gentle. It's my first time," she informed him meekly.

She gasped when he appeared directly in front of her in a flash of black cloth. His golden eyes practically glowed with lust, "Worry yourself not child. As a priest, it is my duty to . . . train you against the temptations of the flesh. Preferably by helping you experience them all beforehand."

Bazett meeped.

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
- Et Spiritus Sancti - 2
"Would you really side with this girl over your own family!?" Gilgamesh demanded, disbelief etched onto his face.

Shirou took one look at the shaking girl that had attached herself to his coat. Her pale cheeks were streaked with grime, her eyes were shut tight, and tears streamed down her cherubic face as she cried into his side.

Whatever her age, it was clear that he had found an innocent soul tonight. He'd be a disgrace to the priesthood if he turned his back on her.

Did that mean he could turn his back on his family?

Shirou wasn't sure.

But he didn't need to be. All his life he had followed the word of God, using it as his guiding light. And there was only one decision that the teachings of the Church would abide.

He drew his hand back, three Black Keys clutched in its white-knuckled grip, as he announced, "I choose the side of the Lord!"

He snapped his arm forward, sending all three Black Keys hurtling towards Gilgamesh, before grabbing Illya by the waist and leaping backwards on reinforced legs.

"Assassin! Delay him!"

Cobalt blue eyes flashed with excitement. "Understood master."

The Black Keys had been thrown with masterful accuracy, each one aimed to corral Gilgamesh towards another. A regular human would have found himself thrice skewered.

Gilgamesh batted the first two away effortlessly with a hastily summoned Noble Phantasm, his eyes never leaving Shirou as the boy leapt onto the second floor. The last one was caught between his armored fingers and snapped like a twig.

While the weapons did little in the way of damaging or halting him, despite all appearances to the contrary they did momentarily distract him. He was forced to stop tracking the escaping Shirou when the Servant of the shadows appeared before him.

Two swords shrieked in unison as they met, and the brief kissing of blades ended with Gilgamesh's sword being wrenched from his hand. Assassin made to capitalize on the move with a downward strike-and found himself leaping away from his previous location, barely avoiding the three Noble Phantasms that had been fired at him.

As soon as he landed he was forced to duck under another two before he deflected seven more, redirecting each blade expertly with minimum fanfare.

It was a decision he would regret. He found himself caught under a barrage of Noble Phantasms, forcing him to stay on the defensive.

Ducking and weaving when his blade could not deflect or misdirect, Assassin was the poetry in motion. Not a single movement was wasted, nor was a single one ungraceful. Eventually, all that could be seen of his arms and his sword was a serpent of purple cloth and steel.

And even for all his efforts he knew it was ultimately futile. The King of Heroes could have killed him a hundred times over by now if he had been serious.

. . . Assassin found that more than a bit irritating.

When the barrage of legendary weapons abated, Gilgamesh planning to offer the other Servant the option to surrender, the Servant of the shadows made his move.

In the space of a few seconds he made it to the King of Heroes, who was busy shredding the indigo haori Assassin had used as a distraction. Surprise flashed on the fallen Servant's face, but he had no time to say anything.

Nor did he need to because, contrary to his predictions, Assassin simply ran past him, jumping to the second floor and breaking through a window.

-------------------

The black foliage of the forest surrounding the Einzbern castle passed in a blur as Shirou darted towards Fuyuki, his reinforced legs propelling him to speeds no normal human could hope to match.

Assassin reappeared beside them sans his haori but seemingly unharmed.

"You're still alive," Shirou noted noncommittally.

"How sweet of you to notice."

Illyasviel von Einzbern heard none of their banter as she pressed herself against her savior's chest, savoring the warmth he seemed to exude.

The homunculus' mind was hardly as calm, as she found herself in the center of a tumultuous maelstrom of emotions.

One part of her, a lonely girl who had just lost her only friend in the world, wanted to love the handsome priest with all her heart.

The other, an embittered young woman suspicious of the world, insisted that this one would leave her like all the others.

She looked up to catch her stoic hero glancing at her in concern. He quickly averted his eyes, though she was pleased to note that his cheeks had pinked slightly. A dry chuckle told her she wasn't the only one who caught the glance.

She would at least give him a chance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Brooding won't solve anything you know," Assassin commented mildly from where he was polishing his blade on the couch.

Shirou looked up from the living room floor where he was kneeling. He snorted and replied, "I'm a man of the cloth, I don't brood. I pray."

Assassin raised an elegant eyebrow in response. "And how is prayer time going for you, man of the cloth?"

Shirou glared at him in consternation before answering, "Poorly. Today I was forced to choose between my faith and my family. I am a bit disgusted to find that most of my prayers have involved me wallowing in self-pity."

"You regret your decision then?" Assassin asked, interested enough to actually look at Shirou to see his response.

Shirou's response was clipped and prompt, delivered without a moment's hesitation.

"No. Regret is for the weak of heart. The strong accept responsibility for their decisions, and whatever consequences those decisions entail."

"Hm. I hope you remember that in the days to come master. What are you going to do about the girl?"

Shirou rubbed his forehead tiredly as he said, "First we'll let her get some sleep. We'll probably take her to Ryuudou Temple in the morning. Saber's been waiting there."

The swordsman hummed in acknowledgment, before turning his head and saying, "You should probably go speak to her. She needs someone right now. I should know, I had a daughter once."

"Was it not you yourself who described me as having all the personality of a painted rock? What do you want me to do, make funny faces at her and hope that cheers her up?" Shirou questioned sarcastically.

The flat stare he received in return spoke volumes about Assassin's opinion of his weak attempts at humor. "You're a priest. Go tell her priestly things."

Shirou rose soundlessly, his lips slightly curled downwards slightly, and made his way to Illya's room without comment. He rapped his knuckles against the door, entering only when he heard a muffled cry of "Come in!"

He found the pixie-faced homunculus sprawled across the over-sized western bed, wearing the white shirt and sweatpants he loaned her. She shot up like a rocket when she saw him, beaming at the red-haired youth.

He privately wondered how it was possible for such over-sized clothes to reveal so much pale flesh.

"Illya, I came to check up on you," he stated flatly.

If Illya was bothered by his expressionless tone she gave no sign of it, her smile growing wider at his declaration.

"I'm fine!" she chirped. "Things are a bit different then I'm used to. Different, but not bad."

"Ah. I'm glad to hear that," Shirou said, the words sounding strange coming from his mouth.

The awkward silence that followed reminded Shirou of why he didn't hang around children.

"I guess I'll be going now?" He made to leave the room, and stopped abruptly when his ears caught Illya's whispered "Please stay."

"What was that?" he asked as he turned back to her.

"Will you stay here tonight? I-I don't want to be alone," Illya admitted, tiny fists rubbing furiously at her burning eyes. Her cheeks were stained with red and her bottom lip was trembling.

Kotomine Shirou felt something stir in him at the sight. A feeling. It was the same feeling he'd get whenever Caren scraped her knee or cut her finger or sprained her ankle-Damnit.

Now he wasn't going to be able to say no. He sighed heavily as he walked towards the bed, motioning for Illya to move to the side. She did so eagerly, pulling the covers up so they could climb under.

Shirou cradled her petite frame against his own and tried to settle in for bed. Illya sighed blissfully as she snuggled against her gallant rescuer's chest.

Both would sleep well that night.

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:45 PM
- Omake in Patris - 1
"Ladies, I implore you to think this through. Do you really want to do this?" Although he maintained his image of cool confidence on the outside, inside Kotomine Shirou was sweating bullets as Caren and Bazett casually discussed his impending castration.

He went completely ignored as they started talking about the best ways to minimize blood loss post castration.

He tried another tactic, "Think about this way, if you castrate me with a spoon then we won't be able to have sex anymore."

This actually got through to the pair of scorned women.

"He does make an excellent point," Bazett admitted reluctantly.

"It would be a shame for that to end," Caren agreed grudgingly.

Kotomine Kirei, who just happened to be passing by, decided to put his two cents in, "You know, with modern magecraft it would be child's play to regrow a portion of the body."

Both girls brightened considerably at this, immediately beginning a discussion about what tools they'd like to use. Kotomine Shirou struggled fiercely against his bonds, but being cocooned in rope and hanging upside down considerably hampered his progress.

"DAMN YOU FATHER!!!!"

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM
- Et Fili – 2
Saber was beginning to think she was going to develop a permanent twitch.

Her arrogant windbag of a Master had, for some reason known only to the loathsome priest, decided to sing a song to God on their way to the Matou mansion.

To say her master could not sing would be an understatement of the highest degree.

It was to her immense relief that he ceased his singing once they reached the Matou mansion.

Unfortunately, to her immense annoyance, he immediately began speaking.

"Saber my dear, my love, my sweet-"

Great. Another one of his . . . speeches.

"-while the great Lord in heaven above has gifted me with a number of amazing talents and qualities, the ability to level a building at a whim is not among them. But he has, in his all seeing wisdom, sought fit to bless me with the greatest warrior in all of history. Powerful and beautiful, an angel made flesh, a hero amongst heroes. It is little wonder that God gifted one of his most faithful with-"

"Get. To. The. Point." Saber managed to grit out, her teeth grinding audibly. She was in no mood for her Master's long-winded loquaciousness.

He twirled around to gesture dramatically at the Matou mansion.

"Kindly vent your aggressions upon yonder worm-infested manor. Preferably with your Noble Phantasm."

". . . You are not being serious." Saber's disbelief was written across her face.

Her only answer was a brilliant smile.

"Of course you're being serious, I should have known better by now. Stand aside, troublesome master."

He bowed out of her way with an exaggerated flair. She rolled her eyes at him as she readied her weapon.

The petite blond hefted her massive blade over her shoulder, and swung it down in an arc.

"EXCALIBUR!"

The blast consumed the middle section of the impressive mansion in a wall of light that extended outward into the distance.

So intense was the light from Excalibur's attack, that night briefly became day.

When it was over, the house was naught more than two walls crumbling into the deep trench Saber's attack had carved.

"That was a waste of my power. I feel like some common laborer tearing down a building."

"Now, now sweet Saber. Hold thy tongue, for all work done in the name of the Lord is to be exulted."

As they entered the crumbling ruin, Shirou could be heard saying, ""And lo, the servant of the Lord did descend into Hell, with an angel of death at his back and the Lord's justice in his heart!"

----------------

Dust and smoke lingered in the remains of the room, forming a cloud that obscured all from one's sight. Cut electric lines hissed and snapped, while water and more flowed from broken pipes above.

Zouken Makiri cursed the Kotomine line to Hell and back as he writhed under the pile of refuse and debris. Unpredictable, schizophrenic bastards, the lot of them.

The Makiri patriarch had not been expecting an attack this early in the game. In fact, he had been planning to sit this war out completely and wait for the next one.

He had also not been expecting Kotomine Kirei to sick his son on him like an attack dog.

Still, he had (initially) been unperturbed when his familiars had sensed the boy coming, literally stopping at his front doorstep. After all, even with his servant the boy would have to pass through a multi-layered magical defense system, that would either kill the boy or give Zouken sufficient time to escape.

He was in no way, shape, or form prepared for the boy's Servant to unleash her Noble Phantasm directly at the house. The attack carved a path right through the intricate defense system he had set up with the ease of a knife passing through butter.

Though, despite the admittedly impressive power of the attack, it was a wasted effort. If the boy had been aiming to kill Zouken, then his attempts were laughable at best.

Unfortunately for Zouken, Kotomine Shirou hadn't been aiming to kill him. Merely hold him up for a bit.

The ancient magus rose from the pile of rubble like a specter rising from the grave, dust and stone rolling off his dark form. His dramatic rise from the "grave" was ruined when three Black Keys burst through the already dissipating dust cloud, catching Zouken through the chest and pinning him to the craggy hill of broken stone behind him.

He made to move and quickly found it be a futile endeavor. This was a bit more troubling, but it was certainly nothing that could not be circumvented with time.

Shirou's voice arrived before he did, echoing through out the falling house. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."

The Kotomine boy strode out of the dust cloud like a man on a mission, hands clasped behind his back and priest's robe flapping behind him.

His Servant appeared next, the petite blonde women sauntering out of the mostly gone cloud with her very large sword balanced on her slim shoulder. She looked for all the world as if she'd rather be somewhere else.

The predatory glint in the boy's eyes grew with every step, as did the deranged grin on his face. Insanity danced in those golden orbs, the emotions that cycled through them so unfathomable and myriad that even Zouken found himself (momentarily) frightened by them.

When the odd pair finally reached the vile magus, the boy spoke again.

"I have come to free you from this life of sin and suffering foul creature. Do you wish to be absolved of your sins before you are sent to receive the Lord's judgment?"

Hands, covered in white cloth, seized the Makiri patriarch by the neck and wrenched his face upwards, forcing Zouken to lock gazes with him.

Zouken did not know what the boy saw in his eyes, but he could see nothing in that unreadable gaze. To make up for his inability to physically emote, he did his best to communicate his absolute hatred for the boy and his father with nothing but his eyes.

The boy got the message. Shirou released his grip on the Makiri patriarch, letting the creature's decrepit form hit the ground.

"I thought not. Very well. Are you ready to receive the true Lord, heretic?"

If Zouken could have, he would have sneered in contempt. The boy could do nothing to harm him, his false bravado was nothing more than an act.

"Yes, yes! I see it, I see it! I SEE IT IN YOUR EYES! They beg me to reunite you with the great father almighty! I will grant this last request of yours Zouken Matou!"

Or perhaps the boy was simply mad. Kirei couldn't have been the best of fathers, after all.

The boy raised both his arms in the air, as if to grip something, and a massive chainsaw appeared in his hands.

It glowed with an otherworldly light, the purple runes carved on it seemed to dance and flicker before your eyes. The chainsaw's body vibrated with power but, instead of the steady clacking of a normal chainsaw, it gave off a soft knell.

The Book of Solomon. A conceptual weapon, named for Solomon's decision to split a baby in two, so as to deduce the identity of its true mother. Once activated it could split or separate any two things, no matter what they may be.

As the boy raised the chainsaw over his head, Zouken felt the faintest stirrings of fear in his heart.

"BOOK OF SOLOMON!"

As soon the words left Shirou's lips, the weapon's teeth blurred into motion, whistling through the air at an insane speed.

The soft glow of the purple runes became a blinding light, illuminating their dark surroundings.

Before Zouken's very eyes, the blade seemed to lengthen and grow...

Finally, Shirou swung the chainsaw downward in a heavy-handed arc. It cut into the top Zouken's head first, showering the old magus with his own blood and flesh.

It continued, parting the Black Keys and the rest of Zouken with ease.

The Makiri worm could already tell the weapon was much more than he had thought it to be.

The weapon did not kill him, it separated him from his body and his familiars.

And so Zouken Matou was reduced to a fragment of a soul, able to do naught but scream his outrage to the void.

"This is why I love God!" Shirou declared after taking a moment to enjoy the destruction around him. "Let's go find Sakura!"

Saber Alter merely huffed haughtily.

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM
et Filii - 2 - Part 2:

Saber and Rider watched a distance as the two of their masters prepared for a ritual beneath the Church, the latter pacing about while the former lounged on a plush armchair. Rider's body was noticeably tense, like a jungle cat about to pounce.

"Are you ready, my lovely Matou?" Shirou wore a kind expression on his face, but there was an undercurrent of excitement in his tone.

Sakura nodded immediately, her posture strong but her voice soft as she said, "I'm ready. And please, don't call me M-Matou. I-I don't want to be one of . . . them anymore."

"Hm. Truly? We'll rectify that immediately after the ritual."

What did he mean by that? A name change perhaps? As she understood it, such things were . . . if not difficult, then lengthy processes. Still, she was warmed by the thought.

Maybe she could even be a Tohsaka again . . .

Shirou took a moment to enjoy the myriad number of emotions he saw crossing her face.

"Prepare thyself, Sakura! For today is the day you receive the Lord's grace!"

Shirou's rather unsual chainsaw flared with power, enveloping Sakura's form with purple light.

When it was over, Sakura was standing before Shirou while a writhing mass of worms and darkness writhed on the ground beside them.

Sakura felt a million things as she toppled forward into Shirou's arms. Dizzy. Nauseous. Weak. Tired. Elated. Clean. Happy.

"Congratulations." Sakura looked up to see Shirou smiling warmly. "You are no longer Matou Sakura. You have been remade. Mind, body, and spirit."

Shirou finished his declaration by capturing her lips in a kiss. He was gentler than his personality suggested.

Shirou found her confusion, shock, and tentative enjoyment absolutely delicious.

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:49 PM
-Et Spiritus Sancti - 3
His father was a monster, Kotomine Shirou knew that better than anyone.

And yet he was still his father, one of those few people he loved above all others in the world.

The ease with which he could acknowledge these facts was somewhat disturbing.

Ever since he was a boy, Kotomine Shirou had despised feelings of regret or remorse.

Once you had made a choice, there was no turning back.

So he found it infuriating that, even despite his earlier conversation with Assassin, his emotional state had not settled any since they arrived at Ryuudou Temple. Now they were at the Kotomine house, a property his father had acquired sometime after the 4th Grail War.

As if reading his thoughts, his enigmatic Servant effortlessly shimmied down from the rafters to prop himself on the very railing Shirou was leaning against.

The cool night breeze caressed Shirou's face as he turned to regard his Servant. To see his cool, calm, and collected Servant fiddling with a hand held gaming device (albeit without any changes in expression) managed to get a chuckle out of even the ever stoic priest boy.

Assassin simply quirked an eyebrow at the sight of his normally reserved master actually breaking into laughter. "Ho, am I possibly witnessing what your religion refers to as a miracle? You almost seemed human for a second."

Shirou snorted, his expression straightening as he retorted, "Hardly. And where does a materialized spirit get off teasing me about being human?"

Assassin kept both eyes on the game as he countered, "A materialized spirit is far more human than the animated statue I often mistake you for."

Both men shared a grin and a chuckle at that.

Playful bantering gave way to a comfortable silence as each of the odd duo returned their attention to whatever task they had assigned themselves, Shirou staring into the distance while whittling a block of wood and Assassin enjoying a game of Tetris.

"You had a daughter?"

It was something that had been bothering him for awhile now, the thought that his Servant (a good man, despite his claims to the contrary) was forced to return a world where his loved ones where no longer present.

He knew it wasn't his fault, but the thought was rather irksome nonetheless.

"I was a farmer, of course I had a daughter. A wife too, in case you were wondering."

"Truly? I would not have guessed, had you not told me. The perceptive abilities of you Servants continue to astound me."

"I aim to please, Master."

The conversation died off on that note. Shirou got the feeling Assassin wouldn't be too fond of sharing at the moment.

"Looks like you'll need some privacy," Assassin commented noncommittally before hopping off the railing and walking away.

"I'll be in my room if you need me."

He turned around to see Illya padding out the door, clad in naught but an over-sized white T-shirt and rubbing sleepily at her eyes.

He sat down on the ground, patting his lap. Illya half-walked, half-stumbled over to him, settling into his lap with a gentle plop.

She's very light.

He didn't ask her why she was up or why she was outside or even why Saber wasn't with her, he just wrapped the blanket he had been wearing around the both of them.

She snuggled against him, enjoying his warmth.

It was very strange, he wasn't usually so comfortable with other people. Perhaps he saw a kindred spirit in her?

"How's your contract with Saber?" He asked, even though he already knew there wouldn't be any problems.

"Fine," she answered sleepily, before breaking into a cute yawn. "It's certainly easier than providing Berserker with power."

"Do you miss him?" He questioned, still somewhat worried about her emotional state.

"A lot," she admitted.

"But it's okay," she continued. "Because now, I have Shirou. I don't need anyone else."

She beamed at him, an expression dripping with innocence and honest affection. He was left momentarily dazed by the trust she seemed to have for him.

It even managed to get a genuine smile of the world weary boy. Illya ducked her head, blushing furiously when she saw the affectionate smile that formed on her hero's face.

She 'eeped' when he scooped her up gently, carrying her inside and to her room. As was becoming their nightly custom, they shared a bed, as they had been doing since Shirou rescued her.

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 01:50 PM
There!

That's all of the completed snippets!

More on the way, with some blatant Keyne-chan pandering! What's not to love about that?

Also, I demand IRUn-dono, Keyne, and Mike continue their excellent adventure! >:O

Keyne
March 14th, 2011, 02:07 PM
There!

That's all of the completed snippets!

More on the way, with some blatant Keyne-chan pandering! What's not to love about that?

Also, I demand IRUn-dono, Keyne, and Mike continue their excellent adventure! >:O

We shall, but once March's over. In the beginning of April, the story starts anew.

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Yayzies! I love that thread.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 14th, 2011, 02:18 PM
There was a demand for our EXCELLENT!!! Adventure?!

I didn't save my posts from that.

FUUUUUUUUUUU----

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo!

ItsaRandomUsername
March 14th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Okay, using Google Cache I salvaged my old posts, so it's now good.

I'll post whenever Keyne's ready. *winks*

hbomb
March 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM
so when will the this become a full story

Theocrass
March 14th, 2011, 11:18 PM
When I finish the last snippet that's been posted in here (the above version is only a teaser). And it will be three stories. But so I don't melt down, they'll be one after another.

enthalpy
March 15th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I just realized that all of the snippets are part of different stories, based on the headers.

*facepalm*

ItsaRandomUsername
March 15th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Son I am disappoint

Hey Keyne, if you need your old posts, just PM me, and then we can resurrect our EXCELLENT!!! Adventure.

Theocrass
March 17th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I'm changing up the formatting, something you won't see again since the snippets will soon become full stories.

This snippet takes place some time after the previous one.

et Spiritus Sancti - 4
Christmas had come to Fuyuki and, Holy Grail War or not, Shirou could not be dissuaded from celebrating the holiday.

Neither, for that matter, could Illya.

The enthusiastic little homunculus had gleefully dragged out a recalcitrant pair of Servants, with Shirou following behind dutifully.

He did not care overmuch for the more commercial aspects of the Christmas holiday, but when Illyasviel turned those deep, soulful ruby eyes on him, he found himself unable to refuse her.

A nigh-fanatical zealot he may be, but even Kotomine Shirou was not immune to the weapons of the "weaker" sex.

Assassin put it best. "She's got you charmed."

Anyways, this was what had led to fearsome foursome's current predicament.

Well, it was only really a predicament for the male members of the quartet.

illya had decided that Shirou and Assassin needed new clothes. And she would not take no for an answer.

Which is why both were currently in the changing room, trying to work themselves into too tight shirts and even tighter pants.

"For the record, I blame you," Assassin grumbled as he helped himself into a pair of navy blue slacks.

"I enjoy this no more than you do."

"That does not relieve you of responsibility, Mister take responsibility for your choices."

Shirou, meanwhile, was stoically (and valiantly) trying to shimmy into a pair of jeans made for someone with a much smaller frame in mind.

He lost the battle and teetered into the side of the booth, rattling the frame.

" ... What was that?"

"N-Nothing."

A few minutes later, both exited the changing room.

Shirou was garbed in khaki cargo pants, with a long-sleeve black turtleneck and a white vest.

Assassin wore a black trench coat over a purple turtleneck, with navy blue slacks.

The simplicity of their outfits, and their overwhelming masculinity, lent both a certain appeal that was immediately noticed by all females present.

Illya's eyes had a glazed over looks, while her porcelain cheeks were stained with red. She was giggling too, much to the discomfort of both males present.

Saber was less ... obvious in her attraction, but if one were to look closely, they would see something approaching interest in her eyes as she examined Shirou.

"You guys look great!" Illya enthused, jumping up and clapping her hands in glee.

Saber merely nodded in agreement, though there was a delicate pink present in her expression.

The group made their purchases and left the store, Illya soon dragging Assassin after something that caught her eye.

That left Shirou and Saber alone together.

The pair strolled along the sidewalk in silence, since neither was much of a conversationalist.

They continued like this for some time, until a something in a nearby shop grabbed Saber's attention.

She was suddenly gone from Shirou's side, and Shirou found her staring through a store window at a plush lion in a toy shop.

He moved next to her, making to ask her the reasons for her actions, when he saw her face.

When he first summoned her, Shirou had been immensely relieved. In Saber, he saw a kindred spirit, someone bound by duty and honor like he. Saber was similarly fond of him, respecting his vows and his lawful inclinations.

However, he'd been able to figure out early on that Saber was just as emotive as he was. Which is to say, not much at all. He had figured her for someone with a hard life, someone who was used to making hard choices.

He had never seen such an expression of child-like wonder on her face.

He was not one for decisions made in haste, but he always had a soft spot for his friends.

She was getting that damned stuffed animal.

It only took a minute to get into the store, buy the animal, and get out.

By the time he got back, Saber had been snapped out of her daze and was staring at him in confusion.

"Shirou, what were you-"

He thrust the lion forward, suddenly feeling nervous for all sorts of reasons he couldn't fathom.

"I-I got you this."

Why was he blushing? Priests don't blush! Especially not him! There was nothing wrong with giving a friend a present, right?

She tentatively removed the toy from his grip, blushing heavily and looking for all the world like she didn't know what to do.

Then she hugged it against herself, nuzzling her cheek against its own, her expression one of childish bliss.

It was quite possibly the most adorable thing he'd ever seen, right next to Illya waking up.

Not that he found many things adorable.

Saber seemed to realize where she was, because she blushed and hid the animal behind her back as she made to explain her actions.

Shirou stopped her with an upraised hand.

"It's fine," he said with a warm smile that hadn't graced his face in years. "I want you to have it. It's okay to be a little indulgent every now and then."

Saber was silent for a long time, before she suddenly embraced him compulsively.

As her small frame melded against his larger one, she whispered, "Thank you."

She pulled away, leaving them both red in the face, and straightened her posture.

"Come Shirou, I'm sure Assassin and Illya are waiting for us."

--------------------

I don't like how I portrayed Saber or Shirou. I'll need to work on that.

eddyak
March 17th, 2011, 09:43 PM
They acted more like regular Saber and Shirou. I'd have expected more awkwardness on the part of Shirou rather than blushing, and (this is Saber alter, right?) More tsun on the part of Saber.

Theocrass
March 17th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Ah, actually this one is normal Saber. I was trying to get across Shirou doesn't have much experience with the opposite sex, but I can see that you're right. More awkwardness next time.

eddyak
March 17th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Cute scene if you changed that Shirou to a regular Shirou, though. Good writing.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 17th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Aside from there needing to be more awkwardness, this honestly wasn't too bad.

By the way, Theo, badass avatar.

Erlkonig
March 17th, 2011, 09:58 PM
It has a beary good design

Theocrass
March 17th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks guys. :D

GAH! PUNS! THEY BURNSES US!

My avatar is awesome, isn't it?

I'm probably going to rework that snippet a little, but that's still the end for the snippets themselves.

IT HAS BEGUN!
THE GREATEST THING TO EVER BE A THING
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti
Construction begins this weekend
Right after I construct more pylons

mangafreak7793
March 17th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Don't get Zerged rushed

Erlkonig
March 17th, 2011, 10:16 PM
What about the vespene gas?

Keyne
March 18th, 2011, 03:14 AM
And don't forget to spawn more Overlords.

edit: Not too shabby. :3

Fangstrike
March 20th, 2011, 12:27 PM
You're freakin awesome, Theocrass. This is how it should have gone. Shirou's a pimp and badass, yet still manages to cater to our other needs - particularly the cute way he interracts with Ilya.

Theocrass
March 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Fufufufufufufufu~

You flatter me, dear Fangu-kun.

I shall endeavor to continue to meet your expectations.

TheSpy
March 23rd, 2011, 04:57 AM
Just to check before I start writing anything, but, other people are allowed to submit snippets, right?

ItsaRandomUsername
March 23rd, 2011, 05:12 AM
Correct. Anyone can write their own. ^_^

TheSpy
March 23rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Awesome, I'll see what I can stir up then.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 23rd, 2011, 05:19 AM
I'l write one too, I just need to find my muse... :p

TheSpy
March 23rd, 2011, 05:53 AM
Might I recomend watching some anime with badass preachers?

Index, Hellsing or Needless, if you've heard of it.

Theocrass
March 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
I'm afraid, my friend, that for the most part, we're already well aware of those anime. Also, LOVE YOUR SIG!

Anyways, I'm working on a K Shirou project that will probably go up in a different thread.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 23rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
Different thread? SAY WUT

TheSpy
March 23rd, 2011, 10:58 AM
I thought the entire point of this thread was for K-Shirou snippets? Or are you writing out a full fic? If you are, which Shirou are you using?

Theocrass
March 23rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
That is the point of this thread my friend. But I'm also writing a full fic. The fic will cover all three Shirou's, who will be basically be three different "routes".

I'm just not sure if it's okay to use a thread for snippets to post my fic, irregardless of the fact that I myself started the snippets.

mangafreak7793
March 23rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
looking forward to the fic though

TheSpy
March 23rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000615529/polls_NotSureIfWant_2309_622491_answer_3_xlarge.jp eg

TheSpy
March 28th, 2011, 07:28 AM
“Well now, isn’t this a nice surprise.” Kotomine Shirou’s voice echoed around the halls of the church, even as his facial expression never shifted from its default friendly smile.

“You know damn well why I’m here!” Tohsaka Rin yelled at her teacher’s son, anger clouding her judgment, and situational awareness.

“Why, I’m sure we have no idea what you’re talking about, do we dear?” He asked, tracing his hands along the jaw line of the beautiful woman who lay next to him.

Saber, the once proud and mighty King Arthur, moaned audibly at his touch, her glassy eyes unfocusing ever more, as she leant into his invasive touch.

“O-of course not... My beloved master...” She responded leaning into him even further allowing his hands access to even more of her body.

“What did you do to her.” The Tohsaka heir growled out, red hot anger flooded her veins at the sight of the fallen knight.

The red haired youth merely chuckled at her expression, and accusations.

“Nothing she did not want, I assure. Isn’t that right, my pet?” He questioned, turning his eyes to the former king, even as his hands traversed her body, as if he owned it, which he did. Saber, for her part, had allowed what little clothing she had had on originally, to fall, leaving her bare to the world.

Not that she cared, for now, her master was her world.

“Of course not... My beloved Master.” She responded, her voice a perfect mix of submission and servitude.

“Archer!!!” Finally loosing what little grasp of control she had left, she called forth her servant, the crimson clad Archer wasted no time charging forward, blades already poised to eliminate the priest.

Except he never even got close, blades pierced through his chest, faster then he could react.

“Wha-!?” He never got to finish, as the final one pierced through his forehead, impaling his brain, causing him to disperse, as if a hundred Fireflies had been his body.

Rin took a step back, the expression on the young man’s face hadn’t changed, but still, it was no longer friendly, but a sinister expression worn by a man who saw people as mere toys to be played with, and discarded as he saw fit…

She had wandered straight into a trap, and she hadn’t even noticed.

“Wait here for a moment, my lovely, I must see our... Guest... Out, before we can move on to the real fun.” The sound of his voice caused Rin to stumble back, her mind finally catching up with her.

“Of course, Master.”

While I don't think I quite managed to get what was in my head down as well as I would have liked, I do quite like this piece.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 28th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Huh. I wonder what happened here to cause these events to turn out the way they did. Guess Rin somehow contracted Saber or something, and we have a rather villainous Kotomine Shirou in this interpretation.

Hmm...

TheSpy
March 29th, 2011, 12:20 AM
My Kotomine Shirou see's people as toys to play with until they break, and as with Saber, sometimes longer.

TheSpy
June 4th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Hmm, time for an injection of new inspiration me thinks...

http://i.imgur.com/wFwbt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JOZtd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RkUPV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GivOw.jpg

Theocrass
June 4th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Theo's Muse: *Cracks whip.* GET WORKING BIATCH!
Theo: ;~; Yes master.

Alulim
June 4th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Hooray, here's to hope that a chapter comes out~

TheSpy
June 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Theo's Muse: *Cracks whip.* GET WORKING BIATCH!
Theo: ;~; Yes master.

http://www.megaultrachicken.com/images/JustAsPlannedKitten.jpg

Alulim
June 4th, 2011, 06:39 PM
More inspiration, yes?
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/Cade300/19195433_p1.jpg

ItsaRandomUsername
June 4th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I demand Bro!Gilgamesh. And moar Illya.

Not in the same snippet, though. Gil deserves his own.

TheSpy
June 4th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I may take another crack at it, even if my last portrayal of Kotomine Shirou wasn't exactly well received...

Fangstrike
June 5th, 2011, 11:46 AM
It was an interesting take on Shirou, and somewhat expected given who raised him, though we're used to ones where Shirou stubbornly takes up the hero-wannabe mindset.

TheSpy
June 5th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Well, I wanted to try something different for a change, rather then stick to formula.

Fangstrike
June 5th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Different is good. So was your Evil/Pimp Shirou.

TheSpy
June 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM
You're probably the only one who thinks that, but thanks.

Mike1984
June 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM
It was an interesting take on Shirou, and somewhat expected given who raised him, though we're used to ones where Shirou stubbornly takes up the hero-wannabe mindset.

Well, the thing is, I don't think Shirou would turn out like that, even if he were raised by Kotomine. Whilst he definitely takes up Kiritsugu's ideal and runs with it, it's clear from his actions in HF etc. (where the ideal is left behind for his own true wishes) that, underneath that is a very kind and caring person, who would gladly sacrifice himself for others even without that ideal driving him. He might not have become a hero in the absense of that ideal, but he would certainly be inclined towards the side of good. Plus, Kotomine didn't choose to be "evil", he just happened to be born that way. I doubt he would raise Shirou to be evil just for the sake of it, he'd either raise him to be deeply conflicted (for trolling purposes) or, else, just let him grow up as he wished and see what became of him, just out of curiosity.

meevanhelot
June 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM
it's clear from his actions in HF etc. (where the ideal is left behind for his own true wishes) that, underneath that is a very kind and caring person, who would gladly sacrifice himself for others even without that ideal driving him.

Sacrifice himself for the one person who he threw it away for, not for anyone else. Without the ideal, he doesn't give a shit about stuff like good and evil.

Mike1984
June 5th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Sacrifice himself for the one person who he threw it away for, not for anyone else.

Doesn't matter. The point is that he's still being selfless, because he himself gains nothing from that action, other than the thought that he's making Sakura happy (which in itself is untrue, but that's because he also fails to realise his own importance). Plus, he spends most of the route trying to prevent the deaths of the innocent people in the town, for no reason other than because he wants to save people. Following Kiritsugu's ideal is a product of his upbringing, but his general wish to make others happy is not.

meevanhelot
June 5th, 2011, 12:26 PM
He got the wish to make other people happy from seeing Kiritsugu so happy about saving him. So yeah, it is a result of his upbringing (the first second of it, but still).

Fangstrike
June 5th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Well, it could be argued that he does what he does in HF because he loves Sakura, and then we'd get into a debate about whether his love is selfless or not, but he does admit that he's throwing away his ideal for her. As for how Shirou turns out raised by Kotomine, we'd could step into a long drawn out argument, that might involved nature vs. nurture. On one hand you could argue Shirou is a good person at the core, almost like an origin, or that his personality, after being broken by the fire, was molded by his experiences with Kiritsugu. It could even be both, but I'm not gonna argue either way. My earlier post was not ment to be taken as any sort of analysis of Shirou's personality, I was just noting the trend of his portrayals in fanfics.

Also, Mereo did write a fic where Shirou did grow up like you mentioned, Mike.

TheSpy
June 5th, 2011, 12:32 PM
He got the wish to make other people happy from seeing Kiritsugu so happy about saving him. So yeah, it is a result of his upbringing (the first second of it, but still).

Which means, seeing Kotomine happy about the suffering around him, would make Shioru enjoy the suffering around him, hence why he acted the way he did in my snippet.

Mike1984
June 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
He got the wish to make other people happy from seeing Kiritsugu so happy about saving him.

I'm not so sure about that.

But, anyway, my point is that I don't buy the idea that Shirou post-fire was a complete blank slate who could have been turned into anything, any more than Sakura is after Zouken's abuse. He may have lost much of his memory and have been highly impressionable, but he still had a personality of his own, that no amount of Kotomine trolling could get rid of entirely.

Which means, seeing Kotomine happy about the suffering around him, would make Shioru enjoy the suffering around him, hence why he acted the way he did in my snippet.

Well, I don't see it working like that. For one thing, at that point in time Kotomine himself never really recognised that he loved suffering, and secondly I don't think seeing someone enjoying suffering would make you also enjoy suffering, at least not exclusively. I could see that becoming a part of his nature, but not his sole nature.

eddyak
June 5th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Shirou only ever copied Kiritsugu's ideal because he saw Kiritsugu was elated when he finally managed to save someone. Shirou wanted to be that happy, so he copied the ideal. It probably wouldn't happen the same way with Kotomine.

TheSpy
June 5th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Shirou only ever copied Kiritsugu's ideal because he saw Kiritsugu was elated when he finally managed to save someone. Shirou wanted to be that happy, so he copied the ideal. It probably wouldn't happen the same way with Kotomine.

I can still seeing him taking after Kotomine in some ways, since children tend to emulate their parents.

Soldat der Trauer
June 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Well, I don't see it working like that. For one thing, at that point in time Kotomine himself never really recognized that he loved suffering...

"All the Servants have been eliminated; I am the only one left. Do you know what this mean? Kirei.”

"..."

Kirei, whose mind had still not completely sobered, looked intently into Gilgamesh’s red eyes.

"It is we who have obtained the Grail, so you only need to open your eyes wide and watch. If the Grail can really make the victor’s wish come true, then this scene before you — Kotomine Kirei, it is exactly what you desire.”

A crimson hell. The tortured screams that the wind carried to his ears. Dancing tongues of flame. Kirei stared blankly at this scene.

"This is… my wish?”

Exactly. If this thing that was filling the emptiness in his heart at this moment could be called ‘satisfaction’.

"Destruction and sighs… can make me happy?”

Exactly. If the emotion that roiled within his heart at this moment could be called ‘joy’.

At this moment, Kotomine Kirei finally understood the true form of his own soul.

The collapse of everything was so beautiful.

People who were tormented were so lovable.

Tortured screams by his ears were so satisfying.

Burnt corpses were so laughable.

"... Haha.”

Unable to control the emotion that had reached boiling point, Kirei laughed hopelessly.

What kind of sin was this? What a cruel demon he was.

A world like this, cast aside by God, could actually be filled with vivid joy.

"What am I? Hahaha, what am I?!”

Even the feeling of hopelessness that tugged at his heart was so sweet. Kirei’s body trembled from his manic laughter. He could feel everything from his fingertips to the top of his head, clearly and distinctly.

Ahah, now I am alive —

I truly exist, right here —

For the first time he was aware of, and for the first time he truly felt, the fetters between him and the world.

"Why so twisted? Why so filthy? Am I really the descendant of Kotomine Risei? Hahahaha, impossible! Impossible! What is this?! Could my father really have sired a dog?!”

From a place that was completely opposite to his own faith, Kirei had found the truth. This ironic end was actually so satisfying.

He had circled so many winding roads. Had he been dreaming all along?

He had praised the preciousness of kindness, sang hymns to the beauty of holiness. Kirei had wasted twenty-odd years of his life precisely because he believed utterly in this sort of truth. He had never realized that his nature was completely contrary to this sort of truth.

"—Satisfied? Kirei.”

The priest clutched his stomach, exhausted and breathing rapidly from his laughter; Gilgamesh asked in a calm voice.

"No, not enough. Just this is not enough.”

Kirei wiped away the tears from his maniacal laughter, and shook his head.

"True — I have finally found my answer in this life that is full of question marks. This is a very great improvement. However, this doesn’t solve any problems. I only bypassed the process and method of solving the question to arrive directly at the answer. Just like that, how will you have me acknowledge it, and even then what is there for me to acknowledge?”

If God is the Creator of All Things, then to all souls, ‘happiness’ is truth.

But now, there truly existed a soul that had turned its back on morality and yet obtained happiness. Kirei had also only just begun to believe that this soul was no one else but himself.
-Fate/Zero, vol. 4, ch. 16. Kirei's response to the Fuyuki Fire.

TheSpy
June 15th, 2011, 02:21 AM
I bring inspiration!

http://i.imgur.com/vuWO9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Vnc71.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oygAv.jpg

http://kagen.fool.jp/other5/kotoshi2.jpg

http://kagen.fool.jp/other5/kotoshi1.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3031/2679408448_ed26d6f121_o.jpg

Theocrass
June 15th, 2011, 02:22 AM
What glorious inspiration it is!

mangafreak7793
June 15th, 2011, 02:23 AM
^ now we need a story for it. *nudge**nudge*

TheSpy
June 15th, 2011, 02:24 AM
What glorious inspiration it is!

Did you expect any other kind?

Theocrass
June 15th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Not really! :D

Alulim
June 15th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Moar story time is hopefully imminent~

DreamsRequiem
June 15th, 2011, 02:34 AM
The first three pics don't appear because of hotlinks D:

Soldat der Trauer
June 15th, 2011, 02:39 AM
^This.

TheSpy
June 15th, 2011, 02:41 AM
The first three pics don't appear because of hotlinks D:

http://i.imgur.com/vuWO9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Vnc71.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oygAv.jpg

Soldat der Trauer
June 15th, 2011, 02:47 AM
@TheSpy: Thank you for fixing that, as well as posting these pics in the 1st place. The 3rd of this set is rather intriguing...

{In a sleepy tone.} Also, currently developing 1st ever fanfic, centered around Kotomine Shirou. May release prologue or stand-alone snippet before, though, w/i the next few weeks.

TheSpy
June 15th, 2011, 02:50 AM
{In a sleepy tone.} Also, currently developing 1st ever fanfic, centered around Kotomine Shirou. May release prologue or stand-alone snippet before, though, w/i the next few weeks.

You have piqued my interests, what kind of Kotomine Shirou have you selected to use?

I'm also interested in finding out if you've remembered the Butterfly effect.

Soldat der Trauer
June 15th, 2011, 03:09 AM
You have piqued my interests, what kind of Kotomine Shirou have you selected to use?

I'm also interested in finding out if you've remembered the Butterfly effect.

{Rubs tired eyes.} Um, at this point my interpretation of K!Shirou will largely take some influence from Theocrass-Sempai's 3rd variant, the 'solemn worshiper' type, in terms that he will be a relatively serious-minded person. Also much more "human", you could say, compared to even canon Shirou, though, and definitely more so than Theocrass' version seen thus far. Theocrass-sempai seems to have elected that each of his Shirous emphasize only one core deviation in personality from Emiya Shirou; mine is going to be a whole lot more conflicted due to me taking into account the argument of nature vs. nurture.

And yes, the Butterfly Effect/Nail concepts have been at the forefront of my mind while I've been drafting out the plot outlines. I've a bloody lot of consultation to do so I can be sure I've got my facts straight, still. One issue of all the changes I could see possibly happening concerns the choice of summoned Servants, particularly where Saber, Berserker, and Assassin are involved; specifically, who their Masters would be. Also, w/ the way I think (read: darker and edgier), I'm more inclined personally to integrate HF-route elements, though it shall by no means center around any one "heroine" right off the bat; School Days killed the whole harem vibe for me {Ba-dum tssh}. My choice as False Assassin, though, may not be Sasaki Koujiro; while I admittedly don't really want to create an OC on top of all the alterations to be made to canon, there is a merit to working w/ someone familiar. I've got an interesting solution, I think, which lends to my envisioned plot some of Erlkonig's Magical Vanguard Shirou tone of negative escalation.

On that note, another issue deals w/ the Matou faction: I honestly can make Shinji remain the same craven sack of shit he is in canon, I can make him worse (and more useful to Zouken), or I can make him somewhat more redeemable than even the one in Cooled Ambitions. Oh, and Zouken? He's going to be a far, far worse threat when it comes to influencing the flow of the War. I've noticed VelspertheCat peeking in here, and while I enjoyed greatly his conceptualization of how the Matou head could make things worse, I've already thought of more subtle ways that Zouken could up and screw over the others.

Oh, and could I please request getting a copy of that signature w/ the Dragon Zord, please? 34 yrs old, and my eldest brother still gets a kick out of seeing that thing. Lots of fun memories.

TheSpy
June 15th, 2011, 03:33 AM
{Rubs tired eyes.} Um, at this point my interpretation of K!Shirou will largely take some influence from Theocrass-Sempai's 3rd variant, the 'solemn worshiper' type, in terms that he will be a relatively serious-minded person. Also much more "human", you could say, compared to even canon Shirou, though, and definitely more so than Theocrass' version seen thus far. Theocrass-sempai seems to have elected that each of his Shirous emphasize only one core deviation in personality from Emiya Shirou; mine is going to be a whole lot more conflicted due to me taking into account the argument of nature vs. nurture.

I personally wasn't really a fan of that one of Theo's works, provided we're thinking of the same one, I could never remember which one was which...

That was the one that had Saber blow up the Matou house and kill Zouken and Shinji, right?

And yes, the Butterfly Effect/Nail concepts have been at the forefront of my mind while I've been drafting out the plot outlines. I've a bloody lot of consultation to do so I can be sure I've got my facts straight, still. One issue of all the changes I could see possibly happening concerns the choice of summoned Servants, particularly where Saber, Berserker, and Assassin are involved; specifically, who their Masters would be. Also, w/ the way I think (read: darker and edgier), I'm more inclined personally to integrate HF-route elements, though it shall by no means center around any one "heroine" right off the bat; School Days killed the whole harem vibe for me {Ba-dum tssh}. My choice as False Assassin, though, may not be Sasaki Koujiro; while I admittedly don't really want to create an OC on top of all the alterations to be made to canon, there is a merit to working w/ someone familiar. I've got an interesting solution, I think, which lends to my envisioned plot some of Erlkonig's Magical Vanguard Shirou tone of negative escalation.

The problem with altering Masters and Servants is, the Einzbern summoned Heracles without the help of the Grail, so it was done before the War was even close to beginning, so they really have no reason to summon anything different, unless Kiritsugu survived and interfered somehow...

Caster's in relatively the same boat, we don't know who her master was, but she killed him and stumbled upon Kuzuki, so that should be relatively unchanged as well, and if that's unchanged, Assassin would remain the same as well.

On the other hand, I rather intensely dislike HF, and I haven't read Magical Vanguard Shirou, but if it's anything like HF, then I have no doubts that I'll dislike it.

I wish you good luck, however I, for one, won't be reading this particular idea.

Oh, and could I please request getting a copy of that signature w/ the Dragon Zord, please? 34 yrs old, and my eldest brother still gets a kick out of seeing that thing. Lots of fun memories.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/219/d/9/Green_Ranger_Dragonzord_by_ShoguN86.png

Soldat der Trauer
June 15th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I personally wasn't really a fan of that one of Theo's works...

The problem with altering Masters and Servants is, the Einzbern summoned Heracles without the help of the Grail, so it was done before the War was even close to beginning.

And unless you've changed Caster's Master, or the situation with her, there isn't any reason why she wouldn't summon Sasaki.

And to top it off, HF is the only route from Fate/Stay Night I actively dislike, and I wasn't really a fan of Magical Vanguard Shirou, so I don't think I'll be reading your fic, but good luck though!

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/219/d/9/Green_Ranger_Dragonzord_by_ShoguN86.png

1) Meh, Theocrass' were okay, but his interpretation isn't my only source being utilized, just the most convenient at hand to give as an example.

2) Regarding Berserker, what I've in mind at the moment is akin to an In Spite of a Nail scenario. As for Caster, I'm tempted to either make two False Assassins (for a time, anyway), or stick w/ K!Shirou summoning his Servant before Medea can. Although I do have a concept in mind where K!Shirou is close to Kuzuki as opposed to E!Shirou and Taiga... Or something, I'm still refining all my options.

Hmm, I meant HF-route in that Zouken would be a competitor as well, in his fashion, but perhaps it may be more accurate that things will be kinda bleak and very much so conflicted, like a warped version of UBW-route that integrates the Fate-route and Verg Avesta's Faker. Of course, I'm really tired right now, so I'm sorry if I'm not really being cohesive as I'd like, considering I keep trying to correct and defend myself. There are a lot of other influences that factor in than just what I wrote before or now, rest assured on that much.

Unlike some of the other members who've written something on this forum, I've gone through most of the Nasuverse series except Kahgetsu Tohya and Angel Notes.Still, thank you for being polite enough to make your opinions known yet still wishing me some measure of success. This will be my 1st fic, so I'm pretty nervous that I'll screw it up horribly. Somehow.

3) Thanks for the pic, but I made the mistake of not being specific. I had actually meant the signature where the morpher(?) was on the left, Tommy suited up in the middle, and the Dragonzord is on the top right roaring and having glowing red hands outstretched. Oh, and sorry, but could I also request that other sig w/ the rear profile of the scantily-clad pink-haired maid w/ the frill headband and shackles on her wrists, please? Oh damn, and the Gold Ranger clutching his scepter, where the background shows his pyramid in a navy hue, too, please.

TheSpy
June 15th, 2011, 04:00 AM
1) Meh, Theocrass' were okay, but his interpretation isn't my only source being utilized, just the most convenient at hand to give as an example.

Still...

2) Regarding Berserker, what I've in mind at the moment is akin to an In Spite of a Nail scenario. As for Caster, I'm tempted to either make two False Assassins (for a time, anyway), or stick w/ K!Shirou summoning his Servant before Medea can. Although I do have a concept in mind where K!Shirou is close to Kuzuki as opposed to E!Shirou and Taiga... Or something, I'm still refining all my options. Hmm, I meant HF-route in that Zouken would be a competitor as well, in his fashion, but perhaps it may be more accurate that things will be kinda bleak and very much so conflicted, like a warped version of UBW-route that integrates the Fate-route and Verg Avesta's Faker. Of course, I'm really tired right now, so I'm sorry if I'm not really being cohesive as I'd like, considering I keep trying to correct and defend myself. There are a lot of other influences that factor in than just what I wrote before or now, rest assured on that much. Unlike some of the other members who've written something on this forum, I've gone through most of the Nasuverse series except Kahgetsu Tohya and Angel Notes.Still, thank you for being polite enough to make your opinions known yet still wishing me some measure of success. This will be my 1st fic, so I'm pretty nervous that I'll screw it up horribly. Somehow.

Could I get this in a form that isn't a brick wall of text?

3) Thanks for the pic, but I made the mistake of not being specific. I had actually meant the signature where the morpher(?) was on the left, Tommy suited up in the middle, and the Dragonzord is on the top right roaring and having glowing red hands outstretched. Oh, and sorry, but could I also request that other sig w/ the rear profile of the scantily-clad pink-haired maid w/ the frill headband and shackles on her wrists, please? Oh damn, and the Gold Ranger clutching his scepter, where the background shows his pyramid in a navy hue, too, please.

...How about you just PM me the list of images you want?

Theocrass
June 15th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I personally wasn't really a fan of that one of Theo's works, provided we're thinking of the same one, I could never remember which one was which...

That was the one that had Saber blow up the Matou house and kill Zouken and Shinji, right?

Shinji didn't die in any version.

And you're thinking of the second one.

TheSpy
June 15th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Shinji didn't die in any version.

And you're thinking of the second one.

I remember K!Shirou killing him... or giving him to Sakura to kill, one or the other.

Also, if that was the Second, what was the third again?

meevanhelot
June 15th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Third was the one where he's still essentially a good guy, but is conflicted due to his upbringing and his attempts to understand faith. The one where he killed the mugger and Rin got all "I am disappoint" on him.

I think.

TheSpy
June 15th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Third was the one where he's still essentially a good guy, but is conflicted due to his upbringing and his attempts to understand faith. The one where he killed the mugger and Rin got all "I am disappoint" on him.

I think.

Ah. That one only had the one snippet, didn't it?

meevanhelot
June 15th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Nah, I'm pretty sure it was the same story as the one where he's bro with Assassin.

EDIT: I was right, it was right below it in fact. et Spiritus Sancti. It's the one where he saves Illya too. Shit's awesome.

TheSpy
June 15th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Why couldn't they have more distinguishable names? I can never tell which one was which...

EnigmaticFellow
June 15th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Why couldn't they have more distinguishable names? I can never tell which one was which...

The names are the Father, Son, and Holy ghost in Latin. They're pretty easy to remember once you realize that.

Mike1984
June 15th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Hmm, I meant HF-route in that Zouken would be a competitor as well, in his fashion, but perhaps it may be more accurate that things will be kinda bleak and very much so conflicted, like a warped version of UBW-route that integrates the Fate-route and Verg Avesta's Faker.

Erm, you do know that there's absolutely nothing wrong with making a fic HF-like, right? Just because MoB doesn't like Sakura and wants her to be left to suffer, that doesn't mean you have to listen to him.

I remember K!Shirou killing him... or giving him to Sakura to kill, one or the other.

I think he gave Sakura the choice, and she refused (because she's Sakura). IIRC, it was an attempt to force her to choose between her dark side and her normal self, or something.

Soldat der Trauer
June 15th, 2011, 01:08 PM
@Mike1984:...You are correct, sir. Ah, may I ask if you'll be available for character consultation? Much as I like her, I'm afraid I have some difficulty anticipating how my changes will affect Matou Sakura, and she will play an important role whether or not I bother to feature shipping elements.

I'll also need to speak w/ others deeply familiar w/ the remaining heroines, particularly Illyasviel, Caren, Bazett, and Saber.

Mike1984
June 15th, 2011, 01:43 PM
@Mike1984:...You are correct, sir. Ah, may I ask if you'll be available for character consultation? Much as I like her, I'm afraid I have some difficulty anticipating how my changes will affect Matou Sakura, and she will play an important role whether or not I bother to feature shipping elements.

I'll also need to speak w/ others deeply familiar w/ the remaining heroines, particularly Illyasviel, Caren, Bazett, and Saber.

Yeah, I'd be willing to give you a hand in characterising her. And don't listen to MoB, I do know what I'm talking about, and I'm not as biased as I may sometimes come across, either.

TheSpy
June 15th, 2011, 03:29 PM
The names are the Father, Son, and Holy ghost in Latin. They're pretty easy to remember once you realize that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuEuY4BUMfM

mri
June 16th, 2011, 04:06 AM

I sympathise. While I can currently recall which one is which, a few more snippets and it will all run together in my head.

Meanwhile, GoogleSearch has afforded the following images:

lethum
June 16th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Not that they don't seem good, but...are they all so tiny?

TheSpy
June 16th, 2011, 10:19 AM

It's because the latest site update sucks, if you want to include images you have to do it manually now or you end up with tiny little images like those...

Here's the full sized version's by the way:

http://i.imgur.com/hMOYh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3gFMg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/u0DRG.jpg

lethum
June 16th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Thank you, Spy.

I successfully opened (and saved!) them in new tabs, but I can't see those images in BL.

TheSpy
June 16th, 2011, 10:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/h33kN.gif

http://i.imgur.com/lzR36.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oSU6W.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UE2is.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/009uu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q2IPE.jpg

Soldat der Trauer
June 17th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Awww, clingy Caren-san is so cute.

Theocrass
June 17th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Exceedingly.

mri
June 17th, 2011, 09:45 AM

It's because the latest site update sucks, if you want to include images you have to do it manually now or you end up with tiny little images like those...

I was wondering that myself when I posted. Thanks for reposting.

lethum
June 17th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I think there is some option in your settings where you can disable this, but I haven't tried it.

TheSpy
June 18th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Awww, clingy Caren-san is so cute.

I know, right? I could post more Koto!Shirou pics but... I'll do that after somebody posts a snippet, and how much I like it will determine how many I post.

Alulim
June 18th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Hmm...this makes me want to finish my reverse-Kotomine Shirou story. Where he is the genetic son of Kirei but was found by Kiritsugu...

TheSpy
June 18th, 2011, 04:01 PM
...And what would that change?

Aside from giving Kirei a more Darth Vader role.

Alulim
June 18th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Allot actually, especially Caren's role. She remembers that she has a brother.

Plus his trauma induced amnesia will slowly be peeled away, revealing that he is really Kotomine's son. In both attitude and other stuff...

TheSpy
June 19th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Remembering the past doesn't automatically make somebody the way the used to be, you know. Just remembering won't undo years of character, and personality growth especially if it's in the opposite direction.

Alulim
June 19th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I know, but he will have a Heroic BSoD knowing how he was initially raised.

I should have been clearer, it reveals how he used to act, a mini troll.

Plus he used to help tend to Gil's prana supply, that would make his current self cringe.

TheSpy
June 19th, 2011, 02:33 AM
If anything, that's just going to make him try to save people more.

Alulim
June 19th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Yep, an attempt at redemption...after he falls flat on his face a bit.

meevanhelot
June 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I look forward to this immensely.

mangafreak7793
June 19th, 2011, 11:54 AM
^ I can't imagine what Shirou went through supplying him with prana.

meevanhelot
June 19th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Well presumably he just sucked out his soul... wait. Part of his soul?

Look, Gil ate his mana like a good little boy and that's the end of it.

mangafreak7793
June 19th, 2011, 12:45 PM
^ So he didn't molest the poor boy?

meevanhelot
June 19th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Kogil isn't into molesting I think, just eating souls.

Alulim
June 19th, 2011, 01:55 PM
That leaves UBW quite incomplete.

ringlhach
June 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
It'd set up a big ol' hole for Avalon to occupy, though. Of course, it wouldn't be one that Gil had filled, but a hole's a hole.

meevanhelot
June 19th, 2011, 03:03 PM
He wouldn't logically be taking mana from Shirou anyway, since as I understood it Shirou would still be adopted by Kiritsugu after the fourth war and Gil never really needed mana before that. I was just joking about how Alulim said he helped replenish Gil's mana (implying MANA TIME), but the only time Gil does that he does it by omnoming the souls of little children.

Alulim
June 19th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Which Shirou assisted in gathering.

meevanhelot
June 19th, 2011, 03:35 PM
They got the orphans after the fire though.

Alulim
June 19th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I am rearranging the timeline somewhat to make Gil need a few children before the fire.

People may hate me for that though...

But the fic is still just a bunch of scattered ideas prone to change, nothing coherent at all...after all I am still working on a different one.

Mike1984
June 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM
What, you mean during the war?

Alulim
June 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I haven't read zero in a long time, I am just putting up random ideas. Whether they make it into the final product or not has yet to be seen.

shiningphoenix
June 20th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Didn't Gil have Tokiomi for mana during the war?

Alulim
June 20th, 2011, 12:52 AM
I know. Just messing around with ideas, and raping canon in the process.

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Okay, this is an announcement that I am officially committing to a full fic about Kotomine Shirou as my first work.

So, to start off the premise, I thought of two major changes from canon: that Shirou would be saved by Kotomine Kirei (and Gilgamesh, since he was accompanying him through the fire), and that Emiya Kiritsugu would hold onto Avalon while he prepared to return to Illyasviel von Einzbern in Germany.

lantzblades
June 29th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Okay, this is an announcement that I am officially committing to a full fic about Kotomine Shirou as my first work.

So, to start off the premise, I thought of two major changes from canon: that Shirou would be saved by Kotomine Kirei (and Gilgamesh, since he was accompanying him through the fire), and that Emiya Kiritsugu would hold onto Avalon while he prepared to return to Illyasviel von Einzbern in Germany.

I wish you luck sol although I can't really help any with details like others could as it seems that your premise is nothing like the one I thought up for such a fic. I presume that it'll be a dark fic. am i correct?

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 01:49 AM
@Lanzblades: Thanks for the encouragement. It's true I'm more inclined toward grim and gritty stories, but as serious-minded as I am personally, I'll be consulting several members who are more familiar w/ specific characters than i am so that I can more accurately portray the kind of setting I have in mind. Hopefully their influence will help to balance out the tone of the plot some so that it doesn't read like a complete downer. That's not what I'm aiming for.

lantzblades
June 29th, 2011, 02:50 PM
@Lanzblades: Thanks for the encouragement. It's true I'm more inclined toward grim and gritty stories, but as serious-minded as I am personally, I'll be consulting several members who are more familiar w/ specific characters than i am so that I can more accurately portray the kind of setting I have in mind. Hopefully their influence will help to balance out the tone of the plot some so that it doesn't read like a complete downer. That's not what I'm aiming for.

the three issues i can see are the whole fate issue of Shirou summoning saber, Kiritsugu's lack of softness toward people and Kirei's altruistic behavior in saving shirou here. all those elements clash together here kinda forcing the tone of the story to become dark and it also gives shirou shirou a lack of motivation towards Kirei here.

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 04:28 PM
@Lantzblades: {Raises a finger.} Ah, but that's just it: I didn't explicitly explain what I'll do to make my version so different from the others.

>First, when did say I was going to have Shirou summon Saber?

>Second, Kiritsugu is going to be stuck in his reluctantly-returned Magus Killer persona for a little while after failing to find someone from the fire to save. This means, in my plot, at least, that rather than merely mope about the futility of his life's quest and cease resisting Angra Mainyu's curse, he's going to re-prioritze his immediate situation. He left a semi-orphaned daughter back w/ his wife's douche bag amoral, aristocratic family, right? To do that alone, he'll need to retain his magic circuits in as close to optimum condition as possible; the most expedient way to accomplish that is something he still has w/ him from the 4th War. Avalon.

It's pretty much stated in canon that aside from being denied seeing his daughter due to his betrayal, Kiritsugu wasn't able to return to Illyasviel b/c he couldn't navigate through the Einzbern's boundary fields anymore; his magic circuits had been degraded and consumed too much by his curse since he implanted Saber's sheath into Emiya Shirou. And remember, penetrating even high-ranking boundary fields was Kiritsugu's specialty. Kiritsugu won't be able to regenerate w/o an existing contract to Saber, but as is Avalon is still capable enough to preserve his physical state; not only did it stabilize his medical condition enough that he could survive the journey to a hospital, but canon Shirou never became ill thanks to that property of Avalon.

>Third, you're correct, altruism just doesn't have much of a place in Kirei's or Gilgamesh's heart...normally. But, let's say seeing the boy struggle amused the priest enough to take an interest in the boy? In canon, Shirou impressed Kiritsugu w/ his determination and drive to push himself, though of course the latter could not have conceived the insane lengths his adopted son would go to. Also, another key theme that defines canon Shirou's relationship w/ Kiritsugu is misinterpretation; you see, Shirou never knew the kind of "superhero" his dad was before they met, he only went off an idealistic interpretation of Kiritsugu's words, and his father himself never corrected those misconceptions of his image.

So, seeing as how I'm such a fan of irony, why not put a twist in the meeting among the flames? Kirei says something that the semi-conscious Shirou misinterprets as a sort of "tough love" pep talk, which makes him try forcing his already grieviously-injured body to suffer even more. Perhaps Shirou even chants in a mutter to himself like he does in the UBW-route battle against Archer, and Kirei manages to not only hear the boy's words, but to figure out then and there how the boy must have viewed his own. This display of such force of will from someone so utterly hopeless and despairing, from such an empty child you could say was reborn through the destruction, would attract Kirei's similarly disposed interest to see how Shirou would endure a life-long search as fruitless as his own. A sadistic parallel, no?

Now, Kirei specializes in healing magecraft, so that could at least help stabilize Shirou's condition until he gets taken to a hospital. From F/HA we know tha Gilgamesh has potions stored in the Gate, so maybe he'll be amused enough as well to contribute a small healing draught; I can actually say this is possible b/c in F/Z Gil takes an interest in the same things Kirei does, so that shouldn't necessarily change. But if you think about it, there was a third person there w/ our Big Bad duo all along; I'll give a hint. Kirei and Gilgamesh had just been submerged in the Grail's mud, right...? And both of them were healed and given a boon from it (Kirei a new heart, Gil a physical body), right...?

I hope people can figure out where I'm going w/ this train of logic...

lethum
June 29th, 2011, 04:32 PM
That's no train of logic. That's a wall of thought.

EDIT: Still, it seems like you know how you want things to go. Go for it.

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 04:37 PM
@Lethum: Well, the phrase applies to the whole post, but I meant more towards the plot point of how Shirou would be "saved" by Kotomine. I mean, the corruption is called mud (hell, it even looks and behaves like a liquid), and both Kirei and Gilgamesh were submerged in that substance. Would it be so hard to conceive that some of it was still on their persons and could be used to heal the boy?

The next issue would seemingly be the Servants, but I see no need for a major swapping of teams. Berserker and Saber require some fine-tuning for me to pick from my current three options of how to solve their situation, but that's not too difficult. What does, or rather did, bug me is who Shirou's Servant would be. He has no Avalon, and I don't want to copy other members and use Saber Alter. So, there was a dilemma...until I thought of including Angra Mainyu as Shirou's other "rescuer". It's a taint housed w/i his body, right, in a concept similar to how Avalon is inside Emiya Shirou? So, why not make the taint a catalyst too?

Keyne
June 29th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Meh, I think the scenario of Gil "mercifully" ending the lil' guy's suffering is a lot more plausible.

mangafreak7793
June 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I wonder when's Theo gong to make this or is it dead?

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I wonder when's Theo gong to make this or is it dead?

Theocrass-sempai's is on life-support. It'll apparently be made after he's done w/ his idea of an All-Shirou Grail War. One x Seven, I think it was called, right?

Alulim
June 29th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Theo has a kohai now~

eddyak
June 29th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Meh, I think the scenario of Gil "mercifully" ending the lil' guy's suffering is a lot more plausible.
Not if he's actually struggling to live.

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 04:50 PM
@Alulim: I called everyone whose name I remembered from the old BL "sempai", but it has by now mainly stuck for Theocrass and Elf....-sempais(?).

@Eddyak: {Snaps a finger.} That's exactly it. Only the worthy are allowed in Gilgamesh's envisioned second coming, so how must a boy who's fate is already seemingly consigned to death, yet pushes himself clearly beyond any rational limits, affect his opinion?

Alulim
June 29th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Sounds good~

lantzblades
June 29th, 2011, 04:56 PM
{Raises a finger.}

I hope that's a language barrier thing...

>First, when did say I was going to have Shirou summon Saber?

you didn't but my point was that regardless of what happens to her it would seem summoning her is a requirement of the fifth war by shirou which you obviously can't do here.

>Second, Kiritsugu

the upkeep would fade after Saber disappears though so at best it would buy kiritsugu an extra ten minutes of life, unless you plan on it eradicating the curse entirely which is quite possible. as to his personality well. I honestly can't see Shirou being able to win in any logical manner against kiritsugu and without the relation between them kiritsugu won't hesitate so you have your work cut out for you to avoid wall banger moments.

as for kirei it would make more sense if he rescued shirou because it was funny to the priest like a whole "you want to die kid? whelp sorry but you're so going to live" kinda thing.

Shirou's relationships will be all over the place and I can't imagine Sakura being with Zouken if Kiritsugu is alive...

SeiKeo
June 29th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Shirou's relationships will be all over the place and I can't imagine Sakura being with Zouken if Kiritsugu is alive...

Wat. Kiritsugu never even knew that Tokiomi had given one of his kids to Big Z, let alone him actually giving a damn.

eddyak
June 29th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Kiritsugu might not even be turned away by the Einzberns if he decides to go back and see his daughter. He could pretend he was defeated by Gil & Kotomine, and they wouldn't be any the wiser.

Mike1984
June 29th, 2011, 05:04 PM

As much as I'd like to believe this, I can't honestly see why Kiritsugu being alive would automatically mean that Sakura would be saved from Zouken.

Kiritsugu might not even be turned away by the Einzberns if he decides to go back and see his daughter. He could pretend he was defeated by Gil & Kotomine, and they wouldn't be any the wiser.

So what? Even if he lost rather than refusing to use the Grail, he's still a failure. Why the hell would they want to reward him by letting him have access to his daughter (who they need, for a purpose he's highly unlikely to approve of)?

lethum
June 29th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Did Kiritsugu even meet Kariya, let alone any of the Matou's? <---has read Fate/Zero until the second Volume at page 52.

SeiKeo
June 29th, 2011, 05:07 PM
So what? Even if he lost rather than refusing to use the Grail, he's still a failure. Why the hell would they want to reward him by letting him have access to his daughter (who they need, for a purpose he's highly unlikely to approve of)?

Because then Ilya is more stable and they're gonna be like "well shit Tohsaka summoned Gilgamesh not his fault."

Keyne
June 29th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Not if he's actually struggling to live.
In canon, he was not. If Kiritsugu hadn't caught his hand, he'd would've been dead. [insert last name here] Shirou died in the fire.

eddyak
June 29th, 2011, 05:12 PM
In canon, he was not.
Yeah, he was. Ignoring all the prople crying out, avoiding the hands that tried to drag him in, he kept moving and tried to escape.

Keyne
June 29th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Then they must find him before he fell to the ground.

lantzblades
June 29th, 2011, 05:20 PM
my logic as to sakura being saved? well to be honest it's simply. Kiritsugu isn't a retard. he's already a rogue magi, that alone gives him reason enough to be aware of the details of any magi in close proximity of him. further Kirei knew what was going down at least partly and Kiritsugu is clearly the better of the two at information and planning so I can't see him not connecting the dots regarding Zouken. I don't think he would get the whole picture at first but it would be enough to motivate him to stop the old bastard.

the result would be Shinji and Sakura living with Kiritsugu at least possibly at any rate

SeiKeo
June 29th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Because when given the choice between Ilya and taking out Zouken he's going to pick Zouken.

eddyak
June 29th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Kiritsugu is clearly the better of the two at information and planning so I can't see him not connecting the dots regarding Zouken. I don't think he would get the whole picture at first but it would be enough to motivate him to stop the old bastard.
Nah, I don't think so. Look at Kiritsugu at the end of Zero- he's not a guy who still wants to save people then, he's a guy who wants to go home to his daughter and die quietly. If he'd never found someone to save in the fire, I'd say he'd go the same way as Archer pre-UBW, and just go "fuck it, I don't care who dies any more, I'm going home".

And there really aren't enough dots to connect. It's not as if he's gonna be looking for the kids of some random magus from the war.

Keyne
June 29th, 2011, 05:24 PM
^^ Because he wouldn't have to shoot Sakura to kill Zouken.

Mike1984
June 29th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Because then Ilya is more stable and they're gonna be like "well shit Tohsaka summoned Gilgamesh not his fault."

Since when do the Einsberns want Ilya to be "stable"? They want her to sacrifice her life to become a Grail, and having a nice happy home life isn't likely to make her enthusiastic about that idea.

my logic as to sakura being saved? well to be honest it's simply. Kiritsugu isn't a retard. he's already a rogue magi, that alone gives him reason enough to be aware of the details of any magi in close proximity of him.

Well, he's certaily know about the Tohsakas. The Matous are more dubious because they're basically a dead family, as far as everyone knows. But, then again, they did enter the fourth war, so Kiritsugu probably should know they exist, at least.

further Kirei knew what was going down at least partly and Kiritsugu is clearly the better of the two at information and planning so I can't see him not connecting the dots regarding Zouken.

Kotomine knows about Zouken because Tokiomi told him about Zouken (although that does beg the question of why he couldn't work out what a dick Zouken was...).

I don't think he would get the whole picture at first but it would be enough to motivate him to stop the old bastard.

Well, it depends on what he finds out. If he realises that people are disappearing randomly, he might look into it.

the result would be Shinji and Sakura living with Kiritsugu at least possibly at any rate

Well, I'd certainly like to see that, although it depends somewhat on what sort of mindset he's in. In particular, Sakura has Zouken's worms inside her, and getting rid of those is not easy.

Nah, I don't think so. Look at Kiritsugu at the end of Zero- he's not a guy who still wants to save people then, he's a guy who wants to go home to his daughter and die quietly. If he'd never found someone to save in the fire, I'd say he'd go the same way as Archer pre-UBW, and just go "fuck it, I don't care who dies any more, I'm going home".

And there really aren't enough dots to connect. It's not as if he's gonna be looking for the kids of some random magus from the war.

Well, he'd definitely go after Ilya, yes, but if he hadn't found Shirou and couldn't help Ilya he might well throw himself into saving the first person he could find. And, after all, Sakura fills the role of "person I saved" just as well as Shirou does....

SeiKeo
June 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Not gonna happen, I think.

eddyak
June 29th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Well, he'd definitely go after Ilya, yes, but if he hadn't found Shirou and couldn't help Ilya he might well throw himself into saving the first person he could find. And, after all, Sakura fills the role of "person I saved" just as well as Shirou does....
She's nowhere near the fire, and he's hardly gonna go off on a rampage against some random magus family. If he doesn't find someone in the fire, he's either gonna head straight to the Einzberns or just keep searching until the police/ambulances pick him up and realise he's carrying weapons.

Alulim
June 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Police: What are you planning to do with that large scabbard, it looks quite valuable. Did you steal it from a museum?

Kiritsugu: I plan to stick it into a little boy's body to save his life.

Police: Ah, a pedophile I see. You are coming with us.

lantzblades
June 29th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Nah, I don't think so. Look at Kiritsugu at the end of Zero- he's not a guy who still wants to save people then, he's a guy who wants to go home to his daughter and die quietly.

you underestimate the human spirit. While I agree Kiritsugu would want a quiet life he, like archer isn't the sort to just turn a blind eye despite any fatigue or bitterness. besides that think about for a moment the likelyhood of him being allowed to see illya hasn't changed and were that still the same he'd be making plans to go get her which I would imagine involve any advantage he can black mail...

Because when given the choice between Ilya and taking out Zouken he's going to pick Zouken.

nothing indicates a change that would cause him to get her from the einzberns leopard so that being equal I think kiritsugu would certainly would into the matou's for black mail at the least thus causing the truth to come to light.

eddyak
June 29th, 2011, 05:48 PM
you underestimate the human spirit. While I agree Kiritsugu would want a quiet life he, like archer isn't the sort to just turn a blind eye despite any fatigue or bitterness. besides that think about for a moment the likelyhood of him being allowed to see illya hasn't changed and were that still the same he'd be making plans to go get her which I would imagine involve any advantage he can black mail...
I think you're overestimating it. This is a guy who tried to save the world by killing people, killed his own dad from the very start, found a mother, then killed her to save people, finally found a family (which was about to be taken away from him anyway), tried to turn that into a good situation by using a wish-granter, only to find that that wish granter would just do what he'd been doing, and hating, all along.

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 07:03 PM
@Lantzblades: ... {Facepalms.} We're in the same RP, and you never wondered about my using {} before? Unless I say so otherwise beforehand, my posts are always in 1st-person, so I use {} like my own personal stage directions for the benefit of others "seeing" my expressions. Moving on...

Did you mean that w/o the need to summon Saber, Shirou has no reason to become involved as a Master? Pssh. {Dismissive wave, though not meant to be arrogant.} Emiya Shirou didn't even know about it or Avalon, and he still ended up participating. My version of Kotomine Shirou's Servant just won't be a Saber-class, that's all. Besides, while Avalon would serve as Arturia's catalyst, it's equally arguable that Emiya Shirou called her b/c their mentalities and life styles were so similar already; that's why Shirou's refusal of the Grail in the Fate-route so moved her, b/c she recognized that they were that alike. Notice how neither of them likes others to pick at and analyze their reasons for fighting, b/c they're each afraid of what the truth might mean, that it might stop them. In UBW-route Shirou fought on despite that, but that was b/c while he recognized he was trying to accomplish his interpretation of Kiritsugu's dream, he also accepted that he had grown to call it his own regardless of its origination.

And while, yes, Avalon doesn't have its full effects w/o Arturia being around, it still does something. All Kiritsugu really needs is time in order to put a plan into motion. And as I recall, its often quoted here on BL a line about how there are numerous ways a magi can lengthen his/her life. Kiritsugu is a pragmatist when it comes to his work, so... Avalon can be considered a stop-gap measure while other alternatives are brought up and considered. Besides, you can either have an injured but still functional Magus Killer involved in the 5th War, or you can have a disabled-badass version; for those of you who read the Trigun Maximum manga, I present the true "Chapel" as my example of the latter.

As for Sakura... Ye~ah, this is where I need to consult Mike1984 and probably someone else as to the Matou family. B/c no matter how much of a sincere Sakura fan I am, her domestic situation provides an (admittedly) sadly familiar environment for character-development drama. And who says that Kiritsugu needs to remain in Japan 24/7 after the 4th War, esp w/ his health hindering his desire to re-unite w/ Illyasviel? I just don't see Kiritsugu giving a damn about finding out; in F/Z vol 4, he was in the Matou mansion, he interrogated Matou Byakuya (Shinji's father and Kariya's brother), and for all the time spent w/i he didn't bother looking for anyone else. One could say that the pit was magically hidden, but Rin and Archer were able to sense it in the HF-route when they investigated the house, and the entrance to it was sealed then as well.

So, Sakura's development needs consultation; that's a given. Honestly, I'm torn on the issue of Shinji; as much as I hate the cowardly, {beep}-ing rapist scumbag, that's his canon variant. Mine, I could make him the same, worse, or actually redeemable. If the last of these 3 options, I'd have to manipulate childhood events just a little so that his sympathy for Sakura outweighed his jealousy and vengefulness. I mean, honestly, the piece of {beep} says in the VN that he spent his childhood in the family library, and he never heard of the Atlas alchemists, the Association branch made up of people who had little to no circuits? {Throws arms into the air in exasperation.} Fortunately, like the other points you guys have been discussing, I already thought of this and took it into account when thinking of solutions.

Keyne
June 29th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Besides, while Avalon would serve as Arturia's catalyst, it's equally arguable that Emiya Shirou called her b/c their mentalities and life styles were so similar already
Then he could call as his Servant anyone who wanted to become a hero and save people. The catalyst reduces the number of possible Servants to one. And in Shirou's case, the sheath wasn't the catalyst, not literally. Shirou was the catalyst, because he had the sheath in him, and he was standing more or less in the circle.

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 07:12 PM
@Keyne: Most proper Servant summonings have the Master in or at the edge of the circle, though, or at least that's how the narration in the VN and light novel reads (I won't bother w/ the animated versions as evidence). For my alternative, I planned to have the same concept as the implanted-catalyst, but the catalyst would itself be different. As well that in this AU, Shirou would actually know he had something unnatural w/i his body, even if he initially didn't care to seek the Grail. Just the knowledge about it would influence him enough for my purposes so that fate could run its course.

Alulim
June 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Very interesting~

lantzblades
June 29th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Did you mean that w/o the need to summon Saber, Shirou has no reason to become involved as a Master?

no i was referring to the idea that it's implied to be a fixed event on the kaleidoscope

the way it's looking as of now is that K shirou will have to be a huge asshole to make it out intact.

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I've also seen before in this thread but also in the Raised By thread that people argue on the point of nature vs nurture. That was something I took into account from the very beginning of trying to shape the plot. My perspective on how it will play into my fic is related to another key theme from canon, and that is the symbolic significance of mimicry. Emiya Shirou lives his life trying to carry out Kiritsugu's ideals, not b/c he fully wants to, but rather b/c he feels he must in order to bring peace to his father's memory. The same would be expected towards anyone who raised Shirou from the fire, as he's almost a blank slate then. But for all that, he's still an individual w/ his own core personality; it's why he's so damn nice while trying to be a superhero when his dad would have just blown someone's head off and been done w/ it.

W/ Kirei, Shirou will try imprinting, but there will be internal conflict of this sort, I guarantee it. This will be helped by the fact that though it's done via grudging tolerance, Tohsaka Rin is Kirei's legal ward and student. I doubt Kirei would pass up the chance to make the two uncomfortable, and all sorts of awkward and painful shenanigans are possible should the two children be taught/raised together. Esp. since Rin is such a stubborn little girl... But yeah, in UBW-route, Rin was trying to show Emiya that it was okay (and important) to be happy, and that the desire for it didn't necessarily have to be at the cost of his ideals (of course, she didn't know just how distorted he was at that point...); HF-route is this argument taken to an extreme yet natural conclusion (Shirou just changed what his ideal/priority was).

The gist of my argument in this post is that Shirou tries to live up to someone else; he is the imitation to their original. However, even if an imitation can surpass its model, it will never actually be the model; Archer is a Shirou who learned this the hard way w/ respect to Kiritsugu. Thus w/ Kirei, the same principle applies: Kotomine Shirou will never become Kotomine Kirei, there's just too much of a gap b/t them. That difference will be what saves or damns my Shirou; EMIYA is an example of the latter, by his words, as he did not accept that difference b/t him and Kiritsugu. Notice how even canon Shirou refers to Archer as Heroic Spirit EMIYA, not as Heroic Spirit Emiya Shirou. That itself is a clue that the Shirou who became Archer fell prey to this conundrum I'm going to specifically highlight in the fic.

Ah, the painful character development that awaits...

Mike1984
June 29th, 2011, 08:18 PM
As for Sakura... Ye~ah, this is where I need to consult Mike1984 and probably someone else as to the Matou family. B/c no matter how much of a sincere Sakura fan I am, her domestic situation provides an (admittedly) sadly familiar environment for character-development drama. And who says that Kiritsugu needs to remain in Japan 24/7 after the 4th War, esp w/ his health hindering his desire to re-unite w/ Illyasviel? I just don't see Kiritsugu giving a damn about finding out; in F/Z vol 4, he was in the Matou mansion, he interrogated Matou Byakuya (Shinji's father and Kariya's brother), and for all the time spent w/i he didn't bother looking for anyone else. One could say that the pit was magically hidden, but Rin and Archer were able to sense it in the HF-route when they investigated the house, and the entrance to it was sealed then as well.

Well, I'm not sure what exactly you need to ask me here. Are you talking about what would happen if Shirou were removed from her life, or are you talking about the possibility of her being rescued?

So, Sakura's development needs consultation; that's a given. Honestly, I'm torn on the issue of Shinji; as much as I hate the cowardly, {beep}-ing rapist scumbag, that's his canon variant. Mine, I could make him the same, worse, or actually redeemable. If the last of these 3 options, I'd have to manipulate childhood events just a little so that his sympathy for Sakura outweighed his jealousy and vengefulness. I mean, honestly, the piece of {beep} says in the VN that he spent his childhood in the family library, and he never heard of the Atlas alchemists, the Association branch made up of people who had little to no circuits? {Throws arms into the air in exasperation.} Fortunately, like the other points you guys have been discussing, I already thought of this and took it into account when thinking of solutions.

Well, I think it would be hard to make Shinji any different, honestly, because Sakura's situation would be much the same, and Shinji reacts to that.

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 09:07 PM
@Mike: Ah, but that's where it's easy to overgeneralize. You see, Shinji's canon reaction to Sakura progressed to the degree that it did b/c he felt completely and utterly cheated of his birthright, which was to succeed as the Matou heir. Let's say he could handle the knowledge, b/c his childhood proves he was studious; the thing that made Sakura more useful than he to the family was on the point of capability, as Shinji lacked circuits. W/o circuits, he could not perform magecraft, and w/o that, he was considered a failure by Zouken. But, let's say that things progressed differently during childhood and Shinji found out about Atlas. Even if he couldn't study there at his age (or rather, Zouken felt that there would be no point investing anything in such an endeavor where it concerned Shinji), Shinji would at least know that he could still have some sort of future in the moonlit world; that though it may not come about how he envisioned it, he could still be a magus.

And seeing as how the VN shows that Shinji acts independently w/o consultation (though it still fits into Zouken's goals), what if this Shinji actually tried learning Atlas-styled alchemy on his own over the years? Better, what if he actully made some progress, and Zouken knew it? Wouldn't the elder Matou re-evaluate his opinion of Shinji, and possibly grant him a (somewhat) better position in his plans than in canon? W/ such a propping up of his ego and sense of purpose, esp if done early enough, Shinji's reasons for his canonical treatment of Sakura would have to change, no?

That does beg the question of how Shinji finds out about Atlas. For that, I have an idea that ties back to Kotomine Shirou. See, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have Kirei train Rin and Shirou together in magecraft, he's the legal guardian of both. In canon, Rin regarded Shirou as a sort of rival, b/c of the feelings he induced in her since his way of life was different from her own. What if that sort of undercurrent was carried over into my plot? They would be rivals, and just as Rin wants to enroll in the Clocktower, why not have a young Kotomine Shirou express some interest in a less well-known branch by the name of Atlas? Shirou could have his childhood talk w/ Shinji, and, having already known that Matou was a family of fallen magi (from Kirei), he could let slip both that he knew and about Atlas.

eddyak
June 29th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Atlas is a place for those who lack circuits, and IIRC, you aren't accepted in if you can't at least parallel process at least two lines of thought. Sion can do seven, and she's meant to be a prodigy.

Soldat der Trauer
June 29th, 2011, 10:33 PM
@Eddyak: Yeah, but that's a teachable skill called Memory Partition. And you have to admit, canon Shinji is a pretty stubborn bastard once he's focused enough. If it involves a chance to possibly become a magus of any kind, esp soon after being made to think not by his family...

Elf
June 29th, 2011, 10:43 PM
You know, I'm damned interested in this story line.

I'd say go for it.

Alulim
June 29th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Same here.

lantzblades
June 29th, 2011, 10:52 PM
You know, I'm damned interested in this story line.

I'd say go for it.

contrary to my critical nature I agree with elf. go for it i'm interested in seeing your interpretation

Soldat der Trauer
June 30th, 2011, 12:07 AM
My thanks to the three of you, truly. Um, I'm going to be busy w/ schoolwork for a while, so I won't be able to start on it right away. That's fine, though, b/c it gives me a chance to write more development notes, esp since I'm in the Holy Grill War RP; I get to experiment w/ my writing style. That said, I posted here before that I was planning to do a stand-alone one-shot to help set the mood for the full fic proper...or that the snippet would be a prologue, I still haven't made up my mind.

Ah, one thing besides that I will need help on is Kotomine Shirou's Servant's stat sheet, since it won't be Saber Alter (b/c so many others use her!...and I don't know her well enough, anyways). I'll give a hint as to the class: aside from Saber and Berserker, I won't consider altering the other permanently established teams.

Oh, blast, another query: should I keep using this thread for discussion, or set up a separate one? B/c I posted the original announcement in the Ideas thread, and there hasn't been an answer so far like in here...

Alulim
June 30th, 2011, 12:10 AM
I am good at Servant sheets~

Mike1984
June 30th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Well, the Shinji idea does make a certain amount of sense but, honestly, I don't think that just "not being a dick" is really enough to fully absolve him. After all, he does know Sakura is being abused, and yet he's making no attempt to help her.

Alulim
June 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM
True, inaction is sometimes just as bad as actively helping.

But Shinji is still not known for being courageous though, Zouken would take his life if he tried to do something to help...so he could be living under the fear of that.

Komrade Kwestions
June 30th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Or even worse, he could still think of Sakura as an intruder and hate her. The only redeeming anything about him in this proposed scenario is that he puts his energy into alchemy, instead of abusing Sakura.

If you want to 'fix' Shinji, you'd have to rewrite him from when he first found out the truth of Sakura's adoption. My outlined scenario follows as such:
Shinji finds out, and runs away to Shirou's house, Shirou being his best/(maybe) only friend. Shirou takes him in, and shortly after, Shinji catches Shirou practicing magecraft. After a fist fight, some anger issues, and Shinji saying that Shirou's method of creating a circut like that should be impossible, they resolve to use the Matou books and Shirou's main character hax projection to create some kind of magic circuits for Shinji.

Nasuverse magic having power in sex, and me being a sadistic bastard, the only thing that I have thought of to explain how the system works is sex. In order for Shinji's system to work, Shirou has to have sex with Shinji; the phrase "It's not gay, it's magecraft!" would be shouted, and those scenes would be portrayed as awkward, uncomfortable for both of them, and make the UBW sex scene look serious and tender.

How the Grail War would play out would be beyond me, mainly because of Sakura. While Complete Material 3 says that HF happened because Shirou 'chose' Sakura, giving her hope, which in turned invited all kinds of negative emotions, hastening Angra Mayu, would he have been friends with her in this path? Furthermore, what would Shinji's interactions and thoughts towards Sakura be? Note: I'm pretty certain that the pole vaulting scene would still happen.

Alulim
June 30th, 2011, 02:42 PM
"It's not gay, it's magecraft!"
Indeed.

Komrade Kwestions
June 30th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I just got the foreboding feeling that someone is going to sig that...

Alulim
June 30th, 2011, 03:14 PM
If no one else, it will be me.

The deed is done.

Bloble
June 30th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Do it. Just do it.
Seriously. This has to happen.
For the good of character developement, we need... gay sex.
By the way, as much as writing this sickens me, Shinji would probably be on top.

And for lulz, have Sakura walk in on them. Que her trying to kill him in various ways over the years.

Ergast
June 30th, 2011, 03:22 PM
and make the UBW sex scene look serious and tender.

This is a challenge worth of Heracles' twelve jobs.

Keyne
June 30th, 2011, 03:24 PM
This is a challenge worth of Heracles' twelve jobs.
It won't be the same anymore. :|

Mike1984
June 30th, 2011, 03:27 PM
And for lulz, have Sakura walk in on them. Que her trying to kill him in various ways over the years.

Sakura wouldn't do that....

Bloble
June 30th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Maybe not Shirou, but Shinji...
"How could you nii-san? I trusted you... and you want to take Senpai away? I... can't let you do that, nii-san." Yandere modo, activate.
Cue a hilarious reversal of roles played for laughs as Shinji ends up scarred for life and unable to look her in the eyes. And every time he so much as touches Shirou she turns Yandere and threatens to kill. Hilarious!

Mike1984
June 30th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Nah, again, Sakura isn't that sort of person.

Soldat der Trauer
June 30th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I was about to answer Mike's 1st post when I read the one two posts down... {Removes glasses in order to massage brow.}

Damn my instantaneous mental imaging... Yeah~, damn it all... {Sighs in a slump, then decides to get over it.}

Okay, Mike-sempai, the way Sakura's domestic situation works out is that I didn't explicitly say how Shinji pursuing an alternative branch of magecraft studies would help her aside from Shinji not having a reason to hate Sakura for "usurping" his birthright. My previous idea was just the top of the hill, I'm not going to spoil how things snowball from there to affect the present by the 5th War. Esp. not when I'm such a sympathizer w/ Kariya's approach to saving her...

@Komrade Kwestions: If I was wearing a hat right now, and if I wasn't tempted to mimic Oddjob, I would take it off to you. So instead, I'll just tip my glasses to your idea. {Tips right lens of glasses w/ a finger tap.} Good game, man.

Ergast
June 30th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Nah, again, Sakura isn't that sort of person.

Well, is the rule of funny. Every female character pottentially interested in Shirou would go all Yandere in that situation. Sakura just happens to be related to both guys so she is the designed yandere here (keep in mind that both Saber and Rin would also kill both of them, but in that case the threatened one would be Shirou instead of Shinji)

ringlhach
June 30th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Alternatively, she can be very public about Shinji "turning Sempai gay" and trying to "win him over to better things." Please note the quotes. They, of course, would deny the whole thing- which might just confirm it in everyone else's eyes.

Taiga (over breakfast): Has Shinji already left? I don't mind him being here, but, oh, Shirou, did I not raise you right? To be attracted to- to Shinji-
Shirou: I'm not.
Taiga: It breaks your big sister's heart! And then you go and leave poor Sakura all alone-
Shirou: Why is Sakura involved? It's not like anyone is going anywhere...
Taiga: -to run off with your lover!
Shirou: I already told you, we're not like that!
Taiga: Oh, so tragic! Let us show you the fruit of womanhood! Sakura!
Sakura: Yes!
Shirou: Neither of you are listening, are you.

I'm having too much fun with this, I really am. And yes, I know, somewhat OOC. Also apologizing in advance to anybody who's actually had their family relations turn sour because of their orientation.

Komrade Kwestions
June 30th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Eh, I feel that's an overgeneralization about all of the girls would go Yandere on him. Saber would be dismayed, cold and distant with Shirou, Rin would be angry at first, but she'd soon mercilessly take hold of this new teasing/mocking material. And I also don't even think that Sakura's much of a yandere, if at all. If she was, then she wouldn't have taken Rin's remarks in Fate to "get out, I'll be taking care of him" lying down. She doesn't deliberately have Shirou's arm torn off in HF, she's just relieved that he can't fight anymore, and disturbed that she is relieved. Even Dark Sakura isn't Yandere to me, I see her actions to Shirou as a sadist who enjoys his existence, if not actually attached to him.

Bloble
June 30th, 2011, 04:49 PM
B-but think of the potential!

Mike1984
June 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM
And I also don't even think that Sakura's much of a yandere, if at all. If she was, then she wouldn't have taken Rin's remarks in Fate to "get out, I'll be taking care of him" lying down. She doesn't deliberately have Shirou's arm torn off in HF, she's just relieved that he can't fight anymore, and disturbed that she is relieved. Even Dark Sakura isn't Yandere to me, I see her actions to Shirou as a sadist who enjoys his existence, if not actually attached to him.

I think we've had this discussion on this forum about 100 times before.

You're entirely right, she is not a Yandere, even in her Dark form.

Bloble
June 30th, 2011, 04:53 PM
It's a shame. Sakura as a Yandere would've been so interesting too. But no, why don't we stick with a normal, well adjusted Sakura? There's no need for a crazy person, right?

Mike1984
June 30th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Well, Sakura isn't a Yandere, and she's perfectly interesting as a normal person.

If you want to do stupid OOC comedy stuff, then fine, but don't encourage other people to do it in any otherwise perfectly reasonable story.

Bloble
June 30th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Sorry if I offended you Mike. To be fair, it's not like I think Sakura is boring or anything, and honestly I think Kohaku is Yandere enough for most anyway. I suppose it's my fault for getting caught up in the idea.

Ergast
June 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Eh, I feel that's an overgeneralization about all of the girls would go Yandere on him. Saber would be dismayed, cold and distant with Shirou, Rin would be angry at first, but she'd soon mercilessly take hold of this new teasing/mocking material. And I also don't even think that Sakura's much of a yandere, if at all. If she was, then she wouldn't have taken Rin's remarks in Fate to "get out, I'll be taking care of him" lying down. She doesn't deliberately have Shirou's arm torn off in HF, she's just relieved that he can't fight anymore, and disturbed that she is relieved. Even Dark Sakura isn't Yandere to me, I see her actions to Shirou as a sadist who enjoys his existence, if not actually attached to him.

That's why I said rule of funny. If we go for the laughs, they (and with they I mean every posibly female character attracted by Shirou) would try to kill them in a funny way. Please, don't put words in my mouth. If even mike didn't react to my words as if I was saying that Sakura is a yandere (and she isn't) then I can be fairly sure that I made the point that I was joking very clear.

It's just a crack idea, where every character would be fairly OOC (for once, I doubt both Shirou and Shinji would be attracted to males in any situation, and when I said I doubt, I mean they won't)

Erlkonig
June 30th, 2011, 11:11 PM
In my mind DS is always yandere though.

mangafreak7793
June 30th, 2011, 11:41 PM
In my mind DS is always yandere though.

Does that mean Nintendo is a Tsundere? :neco_arc:

lethum
June 30th, 2011, 11:42 PM
No, it means that Advance is a Tsundere. One grew into the other, see?

mangafreak7793
June 30th, 2011, 11:43 PM
No, it means that Advance is a Tsundere. One grew into the other, see?

Ooooh, I see and what does that make the PSP, The Sacchin?

Alulim
June 30th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Indeed.

lethum
June 30th, 2011, 11:50 PM
^ agreed.

Bloble
June 30th, 2011, 11:56 PM
And the PS3 is Arcueid because of MEGA PROCESSING POWA?

mangafreak7793
June 30th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Does that make Xbox ciel?

Bloble
July 1st, 2011, 12:13 AM
How is the XboX Ciel?

mangafreak7793
July 1st, 2011, 12:14 AM
Some models have the BSoD.

Alulim
July 1st, 2011, 12:15 AM
I was going to make a pun, but then I heard Theo growl at me.

SeiKeo
July 1st, 2011, 12:15 AM
How is the XboX Ciel?

They're both gigantic.

​oh yes i went there.

Alulim
July 1st, 2011, 12:16 AM
What's wrong with that?

mangafreak7793
July 1st, 2011, 12:23 AM
Too many holes to plug in.

Alulim
July 1st, 2011, 12:24 AM
Ah, I see...

Altima of the Gates
July 1st, 2011, 01:36 AM
That's why I said rule of funny. If we go for the laughs, they (and with they I mean every posibly female character attracted by Shirou) would try to kill them in a funny way. Please, don't put words in my mouth. If even mike didn't react to my words as if I was saying that Sakura is a yandere (and she isn't) then I can be fairly sure that I made the point that I was joking very clear.

It's just a crack idea, where every character would be fairly OOC (for once, I doubt both Shirou and Shinji would be attracted to males in any situation, and when I said I doubt, I mean they won't)

Geez guys, if you want to do this with maximum lulz, it can seem like she is gonna get pissed at first, the get flustered, but then she quietly sits down, looks them in the eyes and takes out a sketchbook/sketchpad, then she says, "Continue."

shiningphoenix
July 1st, 2011, 01:40 AM
Geez guys, if you want to do this with maximum lulz, it can seem like she is gonna get pissed at first, the get flustered, but then she quietly sits down, looks them in the eyes and takes out a sketchbook/sketchpad, then she says, "Continue." And then Kirei comes in to express his satisfaction with Sakura's response, and it just gets more awkward from there. It ends with Archer mercy-killing Shirou.

Komrade Kwestions
July 1st, 2011, 02:33 AM
Honestly, it'd take me a while to figure out how events flow from the night of revelations to the Grail War, then figure out how much I can put in the prologue, time skip, and satisfactorily show instead of tell what had happened, but wouldn't fit in the prologue. But if I do have the story go down the route of Sakura being Shirou's friend, he would know about the lustfulness that the worms cause, and if I make Shinji's circuits fade quickly, Shirou would have to have weekly sex with both Shinji, and Sakura, (possibly at the same time for maximum awkwardness/ sharing the od drain between the two guys.)

Why yes, I do study at the Lois McMaster Bujold school of plotting.

Ergast
July 1st, 2011, 03:45 AM
Geez guys, if you want to do this with maximum lulz, it can seem like she is gonna get pissed at first, the get flustered, but then she quietly sits down, looks them in the eyes and takes out a sketchbook/sketchpad, then she says, "Continue."

That can work too. I propose to do two versions (though this would work only as oneshots). One with Yandere Sakura, and the other with Pervert Sakura.

Again, I would laught with both versions so...

Soldat der Trauer
July 6th, 2011, 08:47 PM
...I'm stuck! I (for once) don't have any ready ideas for my Kotomine Shirou fic where it regards his Origin. Apparently, having Avalon housed w/i his body for 10 years was what caused the original Origin to change into the canonical "Sword". Ok, that's fine.

In Velsper's fics, Urobuchi Shirou was raised w/ Gen and the Internet, so the influx of information turned his into "Word". But, in my plot, not only is there no Avalon, Shirou has a bit of Angra Mainyu inside now, too. What would that cause his Origin to begin shifting to?

Something geared towards cursing/weakening others? B/c if that's so, that would just make it a stronger emphasis on the parallel b/t he and Kirei, in that they are inclined to cause strife but personally specialize in strengthening and healing, respectively.

Your opinions?

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Have his Origin be Plague...or something. After all Angra Mainyu is a plague on the earth.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 6th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Regarding raw emotion and feeling, perhaps. Thaat's what Angry is, only turned up to 11 because humanity wanted something evil to blame their sins on, hence his birth.

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 08:49 PM
That works too.

Soldat der Trauer
July 6th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Alright, but how might that be expressed in terms of Shirou's abilities? Emiya's specialized primarily in weapons, Urobuchi apparently was geared toward the physical application of collected conceptual data.

Bloble
July 6th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I'd say make it faith. It allows him to accomplish things that are actually impossible as long as he believes he can succeed. Perfect for breaking limits and fighting da powa.

Soldat der Trauer
July 6th, 2011, 08:59 PM
@Bloble: ...I was tempted for a moment (literally) to shoot this idea down, but when one considers the context of Angra Mainyu's "creation", it makes a kind of sense. Warped and perversely ironic...I like the premise. But anything more specific to add?

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Warped and perversely ironic...The best kind of stuff.

Soldat der Trauer
July 6th, 2011, 09:05 PM
@Alulim: ...Wiggling...

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 09:06 PM
The best kind...most of the time.

Soldat der Trauer
July 6th, 2011, 09:12 PM
But no, seriously, any other ideas to throw out there for K!Shirou's abilities?

Bloble
July 6th, 2011, 09:16 PM
If faith doesn't work, how about loss? He will always lose whatever he gains, leading to a resistance against torture and magical damage. And the things he keeps are that much stronger for it.

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I do think he should still have some sort of a Reality Marble, we will need to have his origin figured out before we get into the exacts for that.

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 09:19 PM
If faith doesn't work, how about loss? He will always lose whatever he gains, leading to a resistance against torture and magical damage. And the things he keeps are that much stronger for it.

Lose whatever you gain?

Sounds like Sacchin to me.

Bloble
July 6th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Okay, here's a potential RM for an origin of Faith.

It looks like the site of the fire that Shirou experienced in all of his flashbacks. The flames are still going, and everything looks exactly the same as that time. Now, Shirou gains the power to direct those flames, and they can burn any living thing without fail, and are unblock able.
Now here's the trick. The flames aren't actually burning people, but the property of this RM is that whatever people believe will happen actually does, withing limits. For example, if Shirou uses it and is full of confidence in victory, he will somehow end up winning. But if his opponent is also confident, the stronger will defeats the weaker one. So the flames will only hurt someone if they believe they are being wounded. Thus, Faith.

Heroslayer
July 6th, 2011, 09:51 PM
That seems more like magecraft then a Reality Marble.

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Well that sucks against Gil, that's for sure.

Bloble
July 6th, 2011, 09:59 PM
But that's the beauty. Shirou has to make Gil believe for even a single second that he may lose, and the flames will burn. In fact, he won't even find out about the RM's true effects. And inside the RM, an effect only for Shirou: he becomes more powerful the more belief is concentrated in him. It doesn't matter where it comes from. So the more people believe in him the stronger he becomes. How 'bout that?

Heroslayer
July 6th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I dunno. It sounds fancy but it just doesn't sound like a Reality Marble to me. I mean, from what we know a Reality Marble is supposed to be close to True Magic. Unlimited Blade Works is basically a bastardized version of the First Magic that's focused on Swords. Innate Time Control is breaking the laws of time and space. Zero Rider's RM is almost resurrection of the dead. This just sounds like a powerful ritual or something along the lines of a Noble Phantasm then a Reality Marble.

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 10:06 PM
RMs are close to True Magic because they override the Supreme RM of the world, not because of the effects inside them. It just reflects your internal world.

Bloble
July 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Even if it can accomplish something that's impossible to do even with magecraft? I'm literally turning a small portion of the world into Shonen Anime! How is that not magic?

For example. Shirou is bleeding from a wound. He's losing to Gil. Then from the Sidelines Sakura and Rin shout: You can do it! Immediately his wounds heal and he comes back stronger than ever. That's literally turning thoughts into reality there.
It's changing the order of things from the body influencing the mind to the mind controlling the body.
Mind over matter. Like the Matrix.

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I'm literally turning a small portion of the world into Shonen Anime! How is that not magic?You have just won a large something.

Heroslayer
July 6th, 2011, 10:14 PM
When you hear encouragement you feel better that's natural. Enhancing that seems like something magecraft can do.

The bear is right though.

Nihilistic lurker
July 6th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Reality Marble: Redistribution of the soul?(All expended mana inside of the RM when activated can be piped to different places(people/things), plus all magical components that leaves the main source could be influenced by Shirou however he wants?)
The second part of the ability would be basically if any wounds caused by mana can be reflected on other people/things[magecraft/artifacts(NPs)?]
Plus for example if a noble phantasm was invoked, the point of contact with anypart of the RM or anyone inside the RM will have a little bit of it's abilities collected by Shirou?
EDIT: Not asking for clarification of a previous post.
EDIT2:Actually, Had Just Realized this is basically a combination of Velsper's idea plus Avenger's abilities. Hahah OOps?

EricDagger
July 7th, 2011, 12:58 AM
What about an ability that is tied with sacrafice? Shiro seeks repentence for living past the fire while others die. He attempts to attone by suffering for the sake of others happiness seeing that as the only way he can be absolved of his sin. This along with the nature of how angra manyu was created changes his nature to that of someting along the lines of martyr. This also makes a bond with Kotomine who is happy because Shiro suffers.

Bloble
July 7th, 2011, 01:04 AM
So Kotomine is happy because Shirou is unhappy. And Shirou is happy because Kotomine is happy. And Kotomine is unhappy because Shirou is happy. And Shirou is unhappy because Kotomine is unhappy. And Kotomine is happy because Shirou is unhappy. And Shirou is happy because Kotomine is happy. And Kotomine is unhappy because Shirou is happy. And Shirou is unhappy because Kotomine is unhappy. And Kotomine is happy because Shirou is unhappy. And Shirou is happy because Kotomine is happy. And Kotomine is unhappy because Shirou is happy. And Shirou is unhappy because Kotomine is unhappy. And Kotomine is happy because Shirou is unhappy. And Shirou is happy because Kotomine is happy. And Kotomine is unhappy because Shirou is happy. And Shirou is unhappy because Kotomine is unhappy. And Kotomine is happy because Shirou is unhappy.

IT NEVER ENDS!

Soldat der Trauer
July 7th, 2011, 01:06 AM
@EricDagger: Actually, this crossed my mind, too, except I got the idea from the concept of the Origin being "Plague". B/c it's like a disease, something that sickens and saps away strength and vitality. It would be like his past experiences would never leave him alone, that he would have to bear their weight constantly.

If something like "Plague" or "Sacrifice" was the Origin, the question arises as to how it affects Shirou's powers. Most other AU versions I've seen appear to have Shirou keep his proficiency in Structural Analysis, Reinforcement, and Projection; basically, he's still geared toward material transfiguration.

The Emiya variant is stuck to the memories and legends of swords, where as the Urobuchi variant seems to be geared toward the collecting and accessing of data in the form of any object w/ a story behind it; I think that's why the latter's RM is so much more complex in terms of functionality and layout, b/c it had to express somehow that his template's Origin was more generalized than the former's.

But how does something influenced by a cursed source translate ability-wise? B/c you can already tell that something will be different. What, does his body/mind have to receive more stress each time magecraft is used? Or does it somehow affect whatever he's targeting?

...Anybody?

VelspertheCat
July 7th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Let's see. Avalon was primarily used for healing, but Shirou got Sword out of it. You're giving him Angra Mainyu, which is a divine spirit at this point answering the wishes of man for evil. It's sort of a collection of curses at this point, though.

Curses in terms of Witchcraft modify the body in Nasuverse. There's also the True Assassin Noble Phantasm, which is a curse...so, maybe he gets a skill equalvalent to the Synchronizers? He ties himself into an enemy's life from the moment he activates it? Something like SHIKI's fusion skill? He can sap traits from the target and give it to himself in exchange for losing a bit of humanity/life? If too broken, he can steal prana/od or life from others. Or he can hurt himself to do damage on the enemy?

The last one is sort of a twist on Avenger's skills in HA.