PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Fallout: New Vegas



Nanao-kun
August 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Fallout New Vegas


War. War never changes.


When atomic fire consumed the earth, those who survived did so in great, underground vaults.


When they opened, their inhabitants set out across ruins of the old world to build new societies, establish new villages, form new tribes.


As decades passed, what had been the American southwest united beneath the flag of the New California Republic, dedicated to old-world values of democracy and the rule of law.


As the Republic grew, so did its needs. Scouts spread east, seeking territory and wealth, in the dry and merciless expanse of the Mojave Desert.


They returned with tales of a city untouched by the warheads that had scorched the rest of the world, and a great wall spanning the Colorado River.


The NCR mobilized its army and set it east to occupy the Hoover Dam, and restore it to working condition.


But across the Colorado, another society had arisen under a different flag. A vast army of slaves, forged in the conquest of 86 tribes: Caesar's Legion.


Four years have passed since the Republic held the Dam - just barely - against the Legion's onslaught.


The Legion did not retreat. Across the river, they gathered strength.


Campfires burned, training drums beat.


Through it all, the New Vegas Strip has stayed open for business under the control of its mysterious overseer, Mr. House, and his army of rehabilitated Tribals and police robots.


You are a courier, hired by the Mojave Express... wait a minute.


That's not right.


You're most definitely not a courier.


In fact... Just who are you?


Oh, I see.


He sent you here, didn't he?


...Well whatever.


Ahem.


Now then.


Welcome to the Mojave Wasteland.


You may be confused.


Maybe even a little upset.


And overall, this might seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck.


But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start.


...



Vahan

You awaken to the sight of a very bright horizon. You reflexively close your eyes in pain. Rolling over, you try to face away from the bright light... and face first into a wooden wall of sorts. Opening your eyes, you notice it's not a wall, but a door. To the right side of the door, is a sign.

'Broc Flower Cave'

Under those words is another line of text, written, no, scribbled onto it.

'Beware of rats!'

Sitting up, you look about the area your in. You seem to be one some kind of rocky hill, next to a door to a cave. From where you're facing, you see a whole lot of yellow. Turning back to the cave, you find something that most certainly wasn't there before. A large backpack, of a design typically used by soldiers in the military. There's a bedroll strapped to the top of it, alongside some weapons. There's nothing else of interest around you.

Virzi

You awaken. Slowly, your eyes open as light begins to enter your eyes. Rather than be blinded by sunlight, your greeted with the sight of a wooden ceiling. It's broken in various places, allowing light inside, making it possible to see without a light source. You manage to sit up, your body feeling a bit stiff from laying on a hard wooden floor. Looking around, you see you are a in a barn of sorts, judging by the haystacks sitting around. There's a few tool cabinets and miscellaneous objects laying around the floor. There's also a set of stairs that leads above.

Suncofold

As you begin to stir, the feeling of bright light hitting your eyelids irritates you and you roll over. Onto the floor. You seem to have rolled off a bed, inside some kind of building, perhaps? Looking around, you realize that you are indeed in some kind of building, likely a house. The room your in appears to be a bedroom, with various toys laid around on the floor. A child's room. Looking back to where you previously lay, you realize it had been a bunk bed. And on top of the bunk is a large military style backpack. There's a bedroll strapped to the top of it, along with some weapons on it's side. There's nothing else of interest in the room.

Liquid Alter

"Well how about that."

You open your eyes and turn to the source of the voice. It's an old man with a kindly, grandfatherly expression on his face. He seems relieved to see you awake. Sitting up, you realize you're a bit fatigued and fall back onto the bed.

"Woah, easy there, easy... try not to move too much."

He shakes his head.

"When I found you collapsed on my doorstep, I didn't know what to think. Now, I hope you don't mind, but I had to do a few blood tests while you were asleep to see if you were sick or anything, considering how out of it you were."

He points to a corner of the room where some test tubes and a vial of blood is placed, right by a working computer.

"From what I can tell, you're in perfect health. Well, besides the fact that I found you sleepin' on my doorstep.

virzi
August 11th, 2012, 05:59 AM
You awaken. Slowly, your eyes open as light begins to enter your eyes. Rather than be blinded by sunlight, your greeted with the sight of a wooden ceiling. It's broken in various places, allowing light inside, making it possible to see without a light source. You manage to sit up, your body feeling a bit stiff from laying on a hard wooden floor. Looking around, you see you are a in a barn of sorts, judging by the haystacks sitting around. There's a few tool cabinets and miscellaneous objects laying around the floor. There's also a set of stairs that leads above.


I… Where am I?

As in a daze, Jesús walks around the room, its rotten wood creaking loudly with every step he takes. Beads of sweat roll down his face; to this moment, he still hasn’t decided whether the cause of it is the hellish heat surrounding him, or the fact that his current situation has shaken him much more than he’d like to admit…

It’s not like that’s strange though, right? I mean, who the hell wouldn’t be creeped out if they woke up in the middle of fucking nowhere?!

A quick peek outside reveals a vast desert, seemingly going for miles and miles into the horizon. The barn itself doesn’t have any particularly interesting features, aside from a few piles of hay and some items scattered on the floor.

The floor continues to creak with his every move, and yet there is another sound that overshadows it in Jesús’ ears. Rather, it is the lack of sound that takes precedence in his mind. No birds chirping. No kids playing on the streets. No TV speakers booming away. Of course, it is perfectly natural for there to be a lack of all these things in a desert area, but even so there is something more to it.

The silence was a lot of things. It was strange and eerie. It was lifeless and perturbing. But most of all, it radiated a sense of hostility the likes of which he had never seen before, as if dangers beyond his understanding could claim his life at any second.

Perhaps it was the silence that scared him most of all.

Getting tired of rambling about, Jesús decides to sit down against one of the barn’s walls. Gathering some of his wits, he attempts to remember the events that led him here.

Let’s see… I remember arriving late from work last night. I was so tired, I don’t think I even bothered to take off my suit before going to bed.

Yes, he had definitely gone straight to bed. There was no way he had traveled any sort of distance in the state he was in, much less traveled to another country altogether, seeing as Panama had no deserts of which to speak of. That meant that there was only one option left.

Someone had taken him against his will.

Could it be that he had been kidnapped? That could have been plausible, except for the fact that there is absolutely no one guarding him. Furthermore, Jesús cannot see any electric appliances, with the only exception being a strange device attached to his wrist. He'd definitely have to take a look at it later.

…Anyways, I should probably get moving. Mere speculation won’t be of much help if it doesn’t get me out of this hellhole, after all.

Deciding to get a better view of the landscape, Jesús begins to climb the stairs that he saw a while back.

Liquid Alter
August 11th, 2012, 02:40 PM
"Well how about that." You open your eyes and turn to the source of the voice. It's an old man with a kindly, grandfatherly expression on his face. He seems relieved to see you awake. Sitting up, you realize you're a bit fatigued and fall back onto the bed. "Woah, easy there, easy... try not to move too much."

He shakes his head. "When I found you collapsed on my doorstep, I didn't know what to think. Now, I hope you don't mind, but I had to do a few blood tests while you were asleep to see if you were sick or anything, considering how out of it you were."

He points to a corner of the room where some test tubes and a vial of blood is placed, right by a working computer.

"From what I can tell, you're in perfect health. Well, besides the fact that I found you sleepin' on my doorstep."

"No, I don't mind at all." Lucas looked around, being relieved to see that he still had all his clothes on. He could tell right away that this wasn't London, and it made him uneasy. The fact that he couldn't remember ever getting to the house of this man, hopefully a doctor, and collapsing. In fact, he shouldn't even be here.

Having to put a lot of effort into not crumpling like paper, the 15-year-old sat up slowly and then got off the bed. He looked around the room. Refusing the man's offer to help him walk, he staggered down the hallway and opened the door, not expecting the sun to hit him full in the face. Recoiling away, he shut the door immediately and headed back in, one hand covering his eyes.

There was a couch in the next room, and he eased himself down onto it before sighing. He had a question for the old man and didn't hesitate asking. "Hey. I may sound a bit of an idiot, but where exactly am I?"

Nanao-kun
August 11th, 2012, 11:48 PM
…Anyways, I should probably get moving. Mere speculation won’t be of much help if it doesn’t get me out of this hellhole, after all.

Deciding to get a better view of the landscape, Jesús begins to climb the stairs that he saw a while back.
Slowly standing up, you steady yourself as a flash of heat hits you, causing you to recoil in surprise. The fact that it had managed to reach you from even inside the building unnerves you. Shaking your head, you proceed to climb the wooden steps. It's a testament to how old this building is that every step creaks, as though it would fall apart any moment. The railing itself is covered in a combination of dust and sand, making it a rather unpleasant sensation. Finally, you reach the second floor of the building, and realize that you had really only climbed about ten feet or so.

The heat must be getting to you.

The second floor is mostly similar to the first, except for the sight of a worn out bed and a large, military style backpack leaning against it. There's a bedroll strapped on top of it, along with a Hunting Rifle and a .22 Silenced Pistol.


There was a couch in the next room, and he eased himself down onto it before sighing. He had a question for the old man and didn't hesitate asking. "Hey. I may sound a bit of an idiot, but where exactly am I?"
He gives you a perplexed look that seems to state 'Are you crazy?'. Despite that first impression, he shakes it off before responding to your question.

"Well, you're in Goodsprings."

He looks thoughtful for a moment for before continuing.

"By the way, do you remember your name? Or where you came from? I'd like to check that your not amnesiac."

Suncofold
August 12th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Alan Yee
Child’s Bedroom

Urgh, too bright. Why’s my window open—

Thump.

Ouch.

Groaning in pain, Alan yawns and blearily opens his eyes. He smacks his lips a few times – retainers were disgusting – before truly taking in the scene around him.

He’s on his feet within five seconds. Where the hell am I? Alan takes a step backwards, and narrowly avoids tripping and killing himself on a small toy. To his left is a rather tall bunk bed, with a large military backpack resting on the top. In all, it looks to be a bedroom for a small child or two.

Definitely not where Alan had gone to sleep.

He doesn’t recognize the bed; he slept on a queen and, hell, he hated bunk beds. He doesn’t have toys in his room, and he has a lot less space, and so much was wrong with this room.

“Aw, fuck,” Alan mutters aloud, coming to the conclusion that he is in the middle of fucking nowhere, as far as he is concerned, and he has no kind of hint or explanation as to why he was in a different room, wearing yesterday’s clothes when he clearly remembers changing into sleeping-wear. “This is like some kind of bad book or game.”

The only interesting thing around is the backpack, so Alan climbs on top of the bunk bed and paws through the bag, finding all sorts of little goodies that would be very helpful.

If he went camping.

Alan hated camping.

“Well, that’s wonderful,” he mutters. His eyes alight on the shotgun strapped to the bag, and he takes it in hand, avoiding the trigger – it was common sense, after all. Alan hefts the gun, feeling its weight. Real metal. Real wood. And he suspects that there is real ammunition too.

“Dammit, what the hell is going on?”

Nanao-kun
August 12th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Alan Yee
Child’s Bedroom

“Dammit, what the hell is going on?”

Giving the room one last glance, you spot a magazine on a shelf. It's titled "Milsurp Review". Flipping through it, you find it's packed with information about guns and how to use them. An odd find, considering you're in what appears to be the room of a child.

Leaving the room, you step into a small hallway of sorts. At the end of the short hall is a bathroom, with a working toilet. A really dirty toilet that is. You doubt you'll be using it anytime soon. Not to mention that the bathtub has mushrooms growing in it. Exiting the bathroom, you investigate the third room, which turns out to be the... living room? Either way, the door that leads outside is here, along with another doorway that leads to a kitchen. Back in the living room, you find a workbench and a tool cabinet.

You also hear a commotion from outside.

What do you do?

Liquid Alter
August 12th, 2012, 04:52 AM
He gives you a perplexed look that seems to state 'Are you crazy?'. Despite that first impression, he shakes it off before responding to your question.

"Well, you're in Goodsprings."

He looks thoughtful for a moment for before continuing.

"By the way, do you remember your name? Or where you came from? I'd like to check that you're not amnesiac."

"Oh, I remember perfectly, but what I do not know or have the mental capacity to figure out just yet is how exactly I am in Goodsprings, or ever came to be here." Lucas looked around the room and subconsciously made the connection that he should be more cautious about exactly what he said to other people, wherever the hell he was. Unless he wasn't the only one who was currently in this situation.

"Did I have anything with me when you found me outside?" He left out the mention of weapons because at the time it wasn't the thoughts that were foremost in his mind. A backpack would be helpful, but with his luck it was unlikely that there would be one.

And also sunglasses. His eyes did not like the sun outside, and neither did he. Then he thought about the possibility of weapons and a small smile came to Lucas' face almost as a reflex.

Those, he could understand, and use.

Nanao-kun
August 12th, 2012, 03:29 PM
"Oh, I remember perfectly, but what I do not know or have the mental capacity to figure out just yet is how exactly I am in Goodsprings, or ever came to be here." Lucas looked around the room and subconsciously made the connection that he should be more cautious about exactly what he said to other people, wherever the hell he was. Unless he wasn't the only one who was currently in this situation.

"Did I have anything with me when you found me outside?" He left out the mention of weapons because at the time it wasn't the thoughts that were foremost in his mind. A backpack would be helpful, but with his luck it was unlikely that there would be one.

And also sunglasses. His eyes did not like the sun outside, and neither did he. Then he thought about the possibility of weapons and a small smile came to Lucas' face almost as a reflex.

Those, he could understand, and use.

"Well, I don't know how you ended up in Goodsprings either, so I guess that makes two of us. As for what you were carrying... follow me."

He walks off to another part of the house. Following him, you take several glances around you as walk. You spot various medical tools, food... syringes with gauges attacked to them, filled with an odd, slightly glowing red lqiuid; a bottle tagged with the name 'rad-x', an intravenous solution with the words RadAway written on it, and oddly, ammuntion cases.

He leads you to the living room, where you spot a small shelf filled with books, a couch, a chair, and a small table with a large backpack on i, with weapons and a bedroll strapped to it. He points to the backpack.

"You had this laying next to you when I found you. I assumed it was yours."

Liquid Alter
August 12th, 2012, 03:50 PM
"Well, I don't know how you ended up in Goodsprings either, so I guess that makes two of us. As for what you were carrying... follow me."

He walks off to another part of the house. Following him, you take several glances around you as walk. You spot various medical tools, food... syringes with gauges attacked to them, filled with an odd, slightly glowing red lqiuid; a bottle tagged with the name 'rad-x', an intravenous solution with the words RadAway written on it, and oddly, ammuntion cases.

He leads you to the living room, where you spot a small shelf filled with books, a couch, a chair, and a small table with a large backpack on i, with weapons and a bedroll strapped to it. He points to the backpack.

"You had this laying next to you when I found you. I assumed it was yours."

Lucas walked over to the weapons and loaded the revolver, then the rifle. He noticed the rechambering from .30-06 to .308 but said nothing of it. "Yes, I remember having something like this with me." Re-attaching the rifle and machete to the backpack, Lucas picked it up and found that the whole thing was the same weight as both of the weights he lifted together in one hand. With that, he pointed the revolver barrel to the floor and then looked around.

"Am I alright to make my way out?" Even as he spoke, the teenager was rifling through the backpack. He felt a round object and pulled it out. Upon discovering that it was a frag grenade, that went into one pocket. There was also a combat knife, so Malley held that in his weaker right hand. Finding a poncho made his day but he chose not to put it on yet. Sealing the backpack again, Lucas slipped it on.

Nanao-kun
August 12th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Lucas walked over to the weapons and loaded the revolver, then the rifle. He noticed the rechambering from .30-06 to .308 but said nothing of it. "Yes, I remember having something like this with me." Re-attaching the rifle and machete to the backpack, Lucas picked it up and found that the whole thing was the same weight as both of the weights he lifted together in one hand. With that, he pointed the revolver barrel to the floor and then looked around.

"Am I alright to make my way out?" Even as he spoke, the teenager was rifling through the backpack. He felt a round object and pulled it out. Upon discovering that it was a frag grenade, that went into one pocket. There was also a combat knife, so Malley held that in his weaker right hand. Finding a poncho made his day but he chose not to put it on yet. Sealing the backpack again, Lucas slipped it on.

He looks up at you, deciding if you were well enough to head out into a desert wasteland. Sighing, he made his decision.

"Yeah, go ahead. I suppose I've taken enough of your time. But just in case you get injured... hold on a sec."

He walks off to the room you woke up in. A few minutes later, he comes back, holding a magazine and a Doctor's Bag.

"Here, the magazine will give you a decent overview on emergency medical techniques and the bag has everything you need to stitch yourself up once or twice. Good luck out there boy, you're gonna need it."

Liquid Alter
August 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM
He looks up at you, deciding if you were well enough to head out into a desert wasteland. Sighing, he made his decision.

"Yeah, go ahead. I suppose I've taken enough of your time. But just in case you get injured... hold on a sec."

He walks off to the room you woke up in. A few minutes later, he comes back, holding a magazine and a Doctor's Bag.

"Here, the magazine will give you a decent overview on emergency medical techniques and the bag has everything you need to stitch yourself up once or twice. Good luck out there boy, you're gonna need it."

Slipping the magazine and surgical bag into his backpack after a second of awkward fumbling, Lucas inclined his head slightly in a gesture of thanks. Rummaging in one of the pockets, he managed to find a pair of sunglasses which he somehow recognized as his own. Putting them on, he opened the door leading out of the house and walked into the actual town of Goodsprings.

There was a slight darkened tint over everything and the glare from the sunlight bouncing off many different things was severely reduced. Walking up to the building with a sign that implied it being a bar of some kind. He walked in and the first thing he saw was a woman in leather armor with a dog growling at him. Without breaking stride Lucas was very quickly out of the saloon. He didn't really want to shoot a woman or a dog in front of a group in broad daylight, likely with most people there having pistols of some kind. And he loved dogs anyway, unless they tried to attack him.

Going to the next store and opening the door, he saw a man standing behind a counter with a battered cash register and mechanical parts everywhere. Taking a cursory glance around, Lucas sighed upon realising he had absolutely nothing except his clothes, backpack and guns. Robbing a store wasn't an option for him either.

Walking out of there as well Malley headed back into the saloon again and made a conscious effort not to pay attention to the dog, instead looking at the woman with the rifle, which he somehow didn't notice the first time.

Nanao-kun
August 12th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Slipping the magazine and surgical bag into his backpack after a second of awkward fumbling, Lucas inclined his head slightly in a gesture of thanks. Rummaging in one of the pockets, he managed to find a pair of sunglasses which he somehow recognized as his own. Putting them on, he opened the door leading out of the house and walked into the actual town of Goodsprings.

There was a slight darkened tint over everything and the glare from the sunlight bouncing off many different things was severely reduced. Walking up to the building with a sign that implied it being a bar of some kind. He walked in and the first thing he saw was a woman in leather armor with a dog growling at him. Without breaking stride Lucas was very quickly out of the saloon. He didn't really want to shoot a woman or a dog in front of a group in broad daylight, likely with most people there having pistols of some kind. And he loved dogs anyway, unless they tried to attack him.

Going to the next store and opening the door, he saw a man standing behind a counter with a battered cash register and mechanical parts everywhere. Taking a cursory glance around, Lucas sighed upon realising he had absolutely nothing except his clothes, backpack and guns. Robbing a store wasn't an option for him either.

Walking out of there as well Malley headed back into the saloon again and made a conscious effort not to pay attention to the dog, instead looking at the woman with the rifle, which he somehow didn't notice the first time.

Upon noticing you, the bog began to bark before the woman beside it spoke.

"Cheyenne, stay. Sorry about that, I hope she didn't give you that much of a scare."

At the woman's command, the dog immediately calmed down. Seeing this, you feel a sense of relief, although a bit of fear still lingers in your body. Either way, there's no sign that the dog will attack you or anything. For the moment.

"The name's Sunny Smiles. Don't ask about the name though, or I just might set Cheyenne here on you."

At that, the dog gives an almost playful bark.

"Anyway, what are you here for? You are the one Doc Mitchell found collapsed on his doorstep, right?"

virzi
August 12th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Slowly standing up, you steady yourself as a flash of heat hits you, causing you to recoil in surprise. The fact that it had managed to reach you from even inside the building unnerves you. Shaking your head, you proceed to climb the wooden steps. It's a testament to how old this building is that every step creaks, as though it would fall apart any moment. The railing itself is covered in a combination of dust and sand, making it a rather unpleasant sensation. Finally, you reach the second floor of the building, and realize that you had really only climbed about ten feet or so.

The heat must be getting to you.

The second floor is mostly similar to the first, except for the sight of a worn out bed and a large, military style backpack leaning against it. There's a bedroll strapped on top of it, along with a Hunting Rifle and a .22 Silenced Pistol.

Jesús stares intently at the new-looking equipment, which stands in contrast to the rest of the decrepit building.

There’s no doubt that someone’s been here recently. Someone other than me…

It’s apparent to him that the same person who kidnapped him was the one that left all these supplies lying around. If so, there was no harm in taking a look, right? Jesús walks towards and then opens the large backpack. There are multiple items inside of it: lockpicks, water bottles, a flashlight, some medical supplies, and…

Radaway? What the hell is this thing?

Deciding to ignore this strange item for now, Jesús proceeds to put some of the items to use. He grabs one of the water bottles, and after deeming it to be clean enough, drinks it up to quench his thirst. Then he takes a look at the poncho; right now it is too hot outside to wear it, but once the night falls, it will provide warmth from the cold winds of the desert. Finally, he takes a good look at a knife he finds, and realizes that it is meant for combat. Thinking of the dangerous animals that reside in desert areas, Jesús clasps it on his belt, in case something happens.

After that, he stares at the guns that were strapped on top of the backpack. Some sort of rifle and a small pistol; there are also several magazines for each weapon to use.

The rifle feels alien to Jesús’ hands as he picks it up; unfortunately, he doesn’t have much experience with guns outside of a shooting range he frequented some time ago. At the very least, he knows the correct stance for using both weapons, as well as how to reload them. Upon closer inspection, he notices that the pistol has a silencer attached to it.

Why would they bother to attach one of these to the pistol? The knife and the rifle are useful for killing animals, but a suppressor… Are they expecting me to kill people with this?!

No way. No way he was gonna do that! Maybe he wasn’t the ideal human being, but he certainly wasn’t a killer…

…But what if someone else tries to blow my brains out instead? I don’t wanna think about that, but with all the crazy stuff that’s happened since I woke up, it’s best to be prepared for everything.

Now that he’s checked the guns, Jesús turns his attention towards the strange device that is strapped to his wrist. Suspecting that it may be some sort of tracking device, he attempts to take it out, but to no avail. He begins to fumble with the device, and is amazed at what he finds. The machine, called a Pip-Boy, is somehow capable of displaying information about the health of his body. It also has many other functions: it can display his aptitude in various skills, a list of his current belongings; it evens comes with a Geiger Counter, which confuses Jesús as he doesn’t see any practical need for it.

However, as incredible as this machine is, it lacks the two things that Jesús believes he needs the most right now.

It doesn’t work as a telephone.

It also seems incapable of connecting to the internet.

Damnit, how come this piece of crap doesn’t even have web access?! I can’t contact anyone with it… Maybe the guys that kidnapped me did this on purpose? Of course, it could also be that I have really shitty luck!

As he examines the device, he discovers that he is indeed right; luck is the lowest out of all his so-called “S.P.E.C.I.A.L” stats. However, there are other things that interest him: a map, and a radio. The map displays his current location, but it doesn’t do much for him since it doesn’t display any other places.

Jesús tunes the radio at a random station, only to be surprised when a deep voice talks through the speakers of the Pip-Boy.

"If you like news, then you're gonna love our next segment! NCR officials at Camp McCarran were relieved when technical difficulties with its monorail line to the New Vegas Strip proved easy to fix. One anonymous official told us a serious mechanical failure would have been a disaster because of the age of the train and the scarcity of the replacement parts."

Camp McCarran? New Vegas Strip? The only “Vegas” I know is in the U.S. Heh, looks like I really am in another country!

Even though he’s never actually been in Las Vegas before, hearing a familiar name brings Jesús a much needed sense of comfort. With a renewed determination, he puts all of his items back in his bag, then goes down the stairs and exits the barn.

Hmm… It seems that the Pip-Boy map also comes with a compass. Since I don’t know the location of any other place, I’ll just head north and take my chances…

Nanao-kun
August 12th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hmm… It seems that the Pip-Boy map also comes with a compass. Since I don’t know the location of any other place, I’ll just head north and take my chances…

Packing up, you head back down the stairs down to the first floor. Heading out of the building, you're temporarily blinded by the harshness of the sun. Shaking it off, you circle around the barn and head north. As you do so, a noise catches your attention. Turning around, you suddenly come face to face with a monster of a man. Well over six feet tall, the blue skinned man towers over you with a menacing look on his face.

"You buy wind brahmin. Cheap!"

virzi
August 13th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Packing up, you head back down the stairs down to the first floor. Heading out of the building, you're temporarily blinded by the harshness of the sun. Shaking it off, you circle around the barn and head north. As you do so, a noise catches your attention. Turning around, you suddenly come face to face with a monster of a man. Well over six feet tall, the blue skinned man towers over you with a menacing look on his face.

"You buy wind brahmin. Cheap!"

6487

Jesús runs. He runs as fast as he can. In fact, he hasn’t run this fast in his entire life. But then again, it’s not every day that Jesús meets a hideous blue monster of death-

OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD.

-that is selling him wind brahmin. At this moment, Jesús isn’t thinking about the strange situation he’s in. He isn’t thinking about the impossibility of the blue monster’s existence. He isn’t thinking about his lack of money. And he’s most certainly not thinking about whatever the fuck a wind brahmin is supposed to be. Right now, the only thing Jesús is thinking about is that he absolutely must-

-GET BACK TO THE BARN!!! I HAVE TO GET BACK TO THE BARN RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!

Even in his deranged mental state, Jesús manages to open the Pip-Boy’s map. Using its compass, he travels south once again. And if that blue thing actually follows him all the way to the barn, Jesús will just have to fill his head with bullets. Dozens and dozens of bullets.

Nanao-kun
August 13th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Even in his deranged mental state, Jesús manages to open the Pip-Boy’s map. Using its compass, he travels south once again. And if that blue thing actually follows him all the way to the barn, Jesús will just have to fill his head with bullets. Dozens and dozens of bullets.

Success!

The giant blue monster man didn't follow you all the way back to the barn. Breathing a sigh of relief, you take one last glance at your pipboy's compass before heading south. As you do so, you spot an obscenely tall building in the distance. It reminds you of one of those roulettes you see at casinos. Either way, you decide you might as well make a decision.

Do you head south in the direction of the buildings, or do you take another route?

virzi
August 13th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Success!

The giant blue monster man didn't follow you all the way back to the barn. Breathing a sigh of relief, you take one last glance at your pipboy's compass before heading south. As you do so, you spot an obscenely tall building in the distance. It reminds you of one of those roulettes you see at casinos. Either way, you decide you might as well make a decision.



Do you head south in the direction of the buildings, or do you take another route?

This isn’t right. This place isn’t right. That… thing isn’t right. Dear God, just where the hell have I ended up?!

For Jesús, that last encounter drove home something very important: he needs to change his mindset if he wants to have any chance of surviving. For all he knows, the entire area covered in his map could be full of more giant freaks, and he needed to be ready when the time came to face them once again.

Common sense is useless around here. I need to talk to other people… Find out what’s going on, and then get back home.

That is when Jesús spots it; a massive tower, reaching towards the sky, and shining like a burning star. There is no doubt in his mind: if people are anywhere in this wasteland, it will be there. With his determination renewed once again, Jesús carries on towards the south, and towards the building in the distance.

Liquid Alter
August 13th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Upon noticing you, the dog began to bark before the woman beside it spoke.

"Cheyenne, stay. Sorry about that, I hope she didn't give you that much of a scare."

At the woman's command, the dog immediately calmed down. Seeing this, you feel a sense of relief, although a bit of fear still lingers in your body. Either way, there's no sign that the dog will attack you or anything. For the moment.

"The name's Sunny Smiles. Don't ask about the name though, or I just might set Cheyenne here on you."

At that, the dog gives an almost playful bark.

"Anyway, what are you here for? You are the one Doc Mitchell found collapsed on his doorstep, right?"

"Yeah, that's me; guns, machete and all going by what he said." Lucas smiled. He then asked the first question that came to mind. "Is there any way for me to get some money around here, though? Somehow I get the feeling that if I'm heading that way," he pointed in the direction of Nipton, "I am going to need a bit more protection than these."

He'd seen the woman behind the bar but did not make any attempt to talk to her just yet. Figuring out just where the fuck he was right now took top priority. Looking at Cheyenne for a few seconds, he was reminded of his own for a second and his face went blank again. "Where exactly did you get her from?"

Nanao-kun
August 13th, 2012, 02:11 PM
With his determination renewed once again, Jesús carries on towards the south, and towards the building in the distance.
Heading south, you soon reach an actual road that seems to lead in the direction of the tower. Brimming with determination, you follow the road.

An hour has passed.

You can feel the heat of the sun draining the life out of you every so slowly. You're overcome with the need to cool down and drink to your hearts content. In the distance, you see the remains of what appears to be a caravan of some sort. Slightly off the road, you spot a barn. Perhaps it can provide you with some form of shade?

He'd seen the woman behind the bar but did not make any attempt to talk to her just yet. Figuring out just where the fuck he was right now took top priority. Looking at Cheyenne for a few seconds, he was reminded of his own for a second and his face went blank again. "Where exactly did you get her from?"

She gives you an odd look before deciding to answer.

"Well, I found her as a pup surrounded by the corpses of her parents one day and I decided to take her in. Raised her myself. Why do you ask?"

Liquid Alter
August 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
"I had one just like her. Didn't find him in that particular way though. He died a year ago after having several fits, but that time is past," Lucas sighed and went to the couch behind Sunny before sitting down, "and I would appreciate very much if you didn't ask me any questions about it." It was times like this that Lucas just wanted to be on his own, but walking out would just make him look that much stranger to the people here, and then he'd have to leave and carry on looking for somewhere to get some protection.

He was reminded of a show he watched once about a normal looking town where the people were actually all killers and one of his hands, both of which were clasped behind his back, twitched toward the revolver for a second before returning to their original position. That finally drew Lucas' attention to the odd-looking thing on his wrist. Bringing it up to eye level and tilting his forearm so as to try and find out more about it, he found a button on the side with what he understood was the sign that indicated that being the power button.

Pressing it, he waited a few seconds and flicked the screen when nothing showed on the display. That got it working and Lucas took a cursory look at each different display before seeing the map. "Something tells me getting from place to place will take some time."

virzi
August 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Heading south, you soon reach an actual road that seems to lead in the direction of the tower. Brimming with determination, you follow the road.

An hour has passed.

You can feel the heat of the sun draining the life out of you every so slowly. You're overcome with the need to cool down and drink to your hearts content. In the distance, you see the remains of what appears to be a caravan of some sort. Slightly off the road, you spot a barn. Perhaps it can provide you with some form of shade?

The heat is starting to get to Jesús again. He has underestimated the dangers of the desert sun, and he is now in need of resting beneath a cool shade. He can see yet another barn nearby; that should do the trick, he decides. But first…

I should probably try to scavenge for supplies. How convenient then that someone left all of their stuff lying over there. Was that supposed to be, some sort of caravan or something? Anyways, I’m sure I’ll find something useful…

Nanao-kun
August 13th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Pressing it, he waited a few seconds and flicked the screen when nothing showed on the display. That got it working and Lucas took a cursory look at each different display before seeing the map. "Something tells me getting from place to place will take some time."
Indeed, it seemed that getting from place to place with the desert sun bearing down on you would be quite the challenge. Either way, sitting around wasn't going to solve anything.

Perhaps you should ask about the area around here?

I should probably try to scavenge for supplies. How convenient then that someone left all of their stuff lying over there. Was that supposed to be, some sort of caravan or something? Anyways, I’m sure I’ll find something useful…

Ignoring the desert sun for now, you walk on over to the ruins of a caravan. Upon reaching it, you realize...

Success!

...that there's still a number of supplies you can scavenge. Looking through the packs attached to the odd, two headed cow-thing, you find a number of wares, ranging from water to ammunition.


x2 Purified Water (Size 1)
x2 Cram (Size 1)
x24 5mm rounds
x1 Assault Carbine (COND 2)

Besides that, there seems to be nothing else except a few piles of ash.

Liquid Alter
August 13th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Lucas looked up from the screen and back around. "Any chance that someone can tell me where the nearest town is? A blank screen isn't going to help me out very much." The... thing was actually quite interesting. At first inspection, there was some bio-medical data, a map, a radio (no idea if it was working or not) and some sort of evaluation. He felt like bursting into laughter at the sight of his luck rating and how under-par it was.

Yeah, that was about right.

Nanao-kun
August 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Lucas looked up from the screen and back around. "Any chance that someone can tell me where the nearest town is? A blank screen isn't going to help me out very much." The... thing was actually quite interesting. At first inspection, there was some bio-medical data, a map, a radio (no idea if it was working or not) and some sort of evaluation. He felt like bursting into laughter at the sight of his luck rating and how under-par it was.

Yeah, that was about right.

Hearing your words, Sunny speaks up. It seems she doesn't really have anything better to do besides hang out in the saloon and talk to whoever visits.

"You looking or the nearest towns? The nearest towns from here are Sloan and Primm, but I don't suggest going either way. Sloan's having problems with Deathclaws, and Primm's been taken over by a bunch of convicts from the NCR Prison. But if you had to choose, Primm's your best bet, what with NCR watching the convicts' movements."

She pauses for a bit before continuing on a different line of thought.

"By the way, do you know how to use that?"

She's pointing at your battle rifle.

Suncofold
August 13th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Alan Yee
Living Room

What the hell happened? Alan sits against the wall in the living room after scouting out the house. He can’t remember anything past going to bed. Was he kidnapped? Stolen away in the night? But then why is he in a house, with no one inside and a pack of belongings right beside him?

Speaking of belongings, Alan unclips the shotgun from the pack and examines it. He hasn’t held a real gun in his life. But here it is, the gun’s weight making it undeniable that it is real. Setting it down, he is about to crack open the “Milsurp Review” when he hears a commotion outside.

Alan is only barely able to contain a gasp and muffles it with two hands. Not wanting to be caught flat-footed, he quickly slings the backpack on and straps the shotgun back onto the backpack – it’s not like he’d have to use it, right?

Shoving the magazine into his back pocket, Alan creeps over to a window, taking pains to keep silent. Slowly, he peers through, heart pounding and trembling from nerves.

virzi
August 14th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Ignoring the desert sun for now, you walk on over to the ruins of a caravan. Upon reaching it, you realize...

Success!

...that there's still a number of supplies you can scavenge. Looking through the packs attached to the odd, two headed cow-thing, you find a number of wares, ranging from water to ammunition.


x2 Purified Water (Size 1)
x2 Cram (Size 1)
x24 5mm rounds
x1 Assault Carbine (COND 2)

Besides that, there seems to be nothing else except a few piles of ash.

Jesús stares at his newfound supplies in deep thought. While he is ecstatic to have found more food and water, he is loath to add the weight of another gun to his backpack, not to mention it isn’t exactly in top condition. However, thoughts of the blue giant force him to reconsider…

I can’t leave anything to chance. Not when there are blue monsters and two-headed cows waiting at every corner. If something has the potential to be useful, it should be put to good use, even if carrying this fucking backpack around is already making my back ache…

He takes everything and is about to leave, when he notices a peculiar pile of ash lying on the ground. No, there are in fact several piles of them. Jesús stares at them for a few moments only to find himself being slightly creeped out.

There’s a two-headed cow right in front of me, but I’m getting the chills over some random ashes? What the fuck is wrong with me?... No, there is definitely something weird about them. They kinda remind me of…humans? Damn, the heat is really getting to me now!

With this, Jesús walks over to the barn, where he helps himself to one of his water bottles. After some much needed rest, he continues to make his way towards the huge building in the distance.

Liquid Alter
August 14th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Hearing your words, Sunny speaks up. It seems she doesn't really have anything better to do besides hang out in the saloon and talk to whoever visits."You looking or the nearest towns? The nearest towns from here are Sloan and Primm, but I don't suggest going either way. Sloan's having problems with Deathclaws, and Primm's been taken over by a bunch of convicts from the NCR Prison. But if you had to choose, Primm's your best bet, what with NCR watching the convicts' movements."She pauses for a bit before continuing on a different line of thought."By the way, do you know how to use that?"She's pointing at your battle rifle."Yeah. I know how to use this, the grenade, the machete and the revolver." Lucas didn't say anything about the combat knife because he doubted that using it on anything would be necessary for a while. "One question, though; what the hell are Deathclaws?" The name was already causing warning signs to go off in his head, but actually knowing what to run away from was always good information.Well, considering that the M1 he was using had been called the deadliest rifle in the world, he felt that there was at least a chance at killing it. Technology did and clearly had moved on judging by what he saw in the doctor's house, so maybe the things trying to kill people had advanced as well.

Nanao-kun
August 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Alan Yee
Living Room

Alan is only barely able to contain a gasp and muffles it with two hands. Not wanting to be caught flat-footed, he quickly slings the backpack on and straps the shotgun back onto the backpack – it’s not like he’d have to use it, right?

Shoving the magazine into his back pocket, Alan creeps over to a window, taking pains to keep silent. Slowly, he peers through, heart pounding and trembling from nerves.
You look through the cracked and mostly boarded over window. What you see shocks you. People hanging from crosses, people being burned alive, people being executed in a fire line. Completely shocked by what's happening, you're unable to move and can do nothing but watch as this happens. As your brain slowly catches up to what you're seeing, it counts at least seven similarly dressed people committing these atrocious acts, armed with guns and machetes. Finally, you stumble backwards, unable to come to terms with what the hell is happening out there. All you can tell is that some kind of massacre is happening outside.

With this, Jesús walks over to the barn, where he helps himself to one of his water bottles. After some much needed rest, he continues to make his way towards the huge building in the distance.
OBSTRUCTION

As you walk over to the barn, something whizzes past your face. Immediately, something primal escapes from within your body, forcing your legs to run to the backside of a large boulder stuck in the dirt. Just as you get behind it, several more whizzes hit the dirt near the boulder. Moments later, you understand what's happening.

Someone, somewhere, is trying to shoot you. Trying to hurt you. Trying to kill you.

"Yeah. I know how to use this, the grenade, the machete and the revolver." Lucas didn't say anything about the combat knife because he doubted that using it on anything would be necessary for a while. "One question, though; what the hell are Deathclaws?" The name was already causing warning signs to go off in his head, but actually knowing what to run away from was always good information.Well, considering that the M1 he was using had been called the deadliest rifle in the world, he felt that there was at least a chance at killing it. Technology did and clearly had moved on judging by what he saw in the doctor's house, so maybe the things trying to kill people had advanced as well.
She looks at you as though you were asking if you could marry her mother.

"How can you have never heard of a Deathclaw!?"

When she sees your confused expression, she realizes you're telling the truth.

"You're not kidding are you? Ugh, hold on, I think I have a copy of the Wasteland Survival Guide somewhere."

She reaches into her pack and pulls out a somewhat think book. Opening it, she flips a few pages before handing it to you. You look it over.

「Deathclaws have a hunchbacked, humanoid build and stand roughly nine to ten feet tall, with a thick and resilient hide, powerful muscles, and twelve-inch-long, razor-sharp claws that can kill allmost any other creature in only a few swipes; hence their name. They have an excellent sense of smell and hearing, though their eyesight is poor. Their build gives them incredible speed, resilience and strength in close combat, making them an extreme threat at all times.」

virzi
August 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
OBSTRUCTION

As you walk over to the barn, something whizzes past your face. Immediately, something primal escapes from within your body, forcing your legs to run to the backside of a large boulder stuck in the dirt. Just as you get behind it, several more whizzes hit the dirt near the boulder. Moments later, you understand what's happening.

Someone, somewhere, is trying to shoot you. Trying to hurt you. Trying to kill you.

6499

Jesús takes a moment to catch his breath. Right now, he doesn't have the luxury of complaining about his situation. He has to act, and he has to do it now.
The hunting rifle seems like the logical choice, so Jesús pulls it out and immediately removes the safety.

Just before he peeks out, he has second thoughts about his strategy, and remembers about the grenade in his backpack.

Peeking could get me shot in the head; I need a diversion, and this grenade should do just fine. Best case scenario, the bastard who shot me will be filled with shrapnel, and even if it misses, the explosion will distract him long enough for me to shoot him with the rifle.

Preparing himself, Jesús releases the grenade's safety, then throws it in the direction from which the shots came.

Nanao-kun
August 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Preparing himself, Jesús releases the grenade's safety, then throws it in the direction from which the shots came.

You are winner! (100)

The aggressors never knew what hit them. One moment they were shooting at some fool who approached their territory, the next there was an explosion, killing two of them while wounding the rest. With your hunting rifle at the ready, you lean out of cover to acquire your targets. You spot two newly minted corpses, and three wounded men and women. Although it pains you to do such a thing, you line up the sights and fire.

Continued Winner Roll

The first shot tears through closes man's windpipe, leaving him to die of suffocation and drown as blood enters his lungs. The second takes a bullet through the eye, easily piercing whatever feeble resistance a gelatinous ball can offer. The third goes down with a bullet to the temple.

Guns +3
Exp +5

There. The deed is done. You have survived.

Liquid Alter
August 15th, 2012, 07:37 PM
She looks at you as though you were asking if you could marry her mother.

"How can you have never heard of a Deathclaw!?"

When she sees your confused expression, she realizes you're telling the truth.

"You're not kidding are you? Ugh, hold on, I think I have a copy of the Wasteland Survival Guide somewhere."

She reaches into her pack and pulls out a somewhat think book. Opening it, she flips a few pages before handing it to you. You look it over.

'Deathclaws have a hunchbacked, humanoid build and stand roughly nine to ten feet tall, with a thick and resilient hide, powerful muscles, and twelve-inch-long, razor-sharp claws that can kill allmost any other creature in only a few swipes; hence their name. They have an excellent sense of smell and hearing, though their eyesight is poor. Their build gives them incredible speed, resilience and strength in close combat, making them an extreme threat at all times.'

"Well, now I know what to stay away from." Lucas sighed and handed the book back to Sunny. "I'll find the rest out myself." He turned around and went to leave the saloon. "No offence meant by it, but I just want to get back home right now. If there's anything you can do to help me out a little, I really would appreciate it." Pushing the doors open, he took a seat next to the old man with a grey beard and decided just to wait a little while and see if Sunny could help him out at all.

He could see a crucifix memorial in the distance, and sighed.

virzi
August 16th, 2012, 02:59 AM
As Jesús stares at the fresh corpses, he wonders what drove those men to shoot him. Had he wronged them somehow? No, he was certain that they had never met before. Had they considered him to be some sort of threat? Could be, but it’s not like Jesús was planning to kill them; in retrospect, if they hadn’t shot first, their lives wouldn’t have been lost in such a senseless firefight.

Either way, the hopes that Jesús had of receiving help from his fellow humans were all but crushed. This place, he realizes, is nothing more than a battlefield where people shoot first, and ask questions later. In fact, Jesús is now considering the adoption of said policy for himself.

I didn’t do anything wrong… I didn’t! Those bastards tried to fuck me over, so I fucked them instead! They got what was coming to them… I made sure of that myself.

Heh, now I really am a killer…

Pulling himself back together, Jesús searches the bodies for any useful items before going to the nearby barn, where he can finally drink one of his water bottles. After that, he continues to make his way towards the giant building.

Nanao-kun
August 16th, 2012, 06:22 PM
He could see a crucifix memorial in the distance, and sighed.
A minute of waiting later, you hear the door to the Saloon open. It's Sunny. She glances around for a bit before catching sight of you. Smiling, she hands you a book.

It's the Wasteland Survival Guide.

Obtained Skill Book! Skill books are one of a kind items that can be found spread out across the Mojave Wasteland! They provide a flat +15 Bonus to their respective Skill as long as you hold onto them!

"Here, I've practically memorized it, so I'll let you keep it. It should help you survive out there."

Pulling himself back together, Jesús searches the bodies for any useful items before going to the nearby barn, where he can finally drink one of his water bottles. After that, he continues to make his way towards the giant building.
Shakily, you walk over to the corpses. Examining them one by one, you search for anything that could be considered useful. Chems,food, ammo, weapons, money... You manage to scavenge...



x2 Fiend Painspike Armour (COND 2)
x3 Fiend Badlands Armour (COND 2)
x2 .357 Magnum Revolvers (COND 2)
x2 9mm Pistols (COND 2)
x1 Hunting Rifle (COND 3)
x14 .357 rounds
x23 9mm rounds
x7 .308 rounds
x3 Purified Water (Size 1)
x3 Cram (Size 1)
x3 Psycho (Size 1)
x37 Bottle Caps

Suncofold
August 16th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Alan Yee
Living Room

Oh fuck. Alan stumbles back from the window. Fuck! Wh-what the hell is going on?

Without even thinking, Alan turns and heads towards the back door, which opens out away from the… the…

He squeezes his eyes shut and puts a hand on the doorknob. For an instant, he thinks about trying to save the people suffering – charging in guns blazing and saving the day, like he’s always fantasized.

But Alan realizes that there is no hope in him succeeding; hell, he doesn’t even know how to properly hold a gun. He’s just a normal student; he won’t stand a chance.

Slipping out the door, Alan shoves all doubt and guilt away and heads away from the stink of burning flesh and the echoing gunshots. What else is there to do? If he can’t fight, then all he can to is flee.

Liquid Alter
August 16th, 2012, 06:50 PM
A minute of waiting later, you hear the door to the Saloon open. It's Sunny. She glances around for a bit before catching sight of you. Smiling, she hands you a book.

It's the Wasteland Survival Guide.

Obtained Skill Book! Skill books are one of a kind items that can be found spread out across the Mojave Wasteland! They provide a flat +15 Bonus to their respective Skill as long as you hold onto them!

"Here, I've practically memorized it, so I'll let you keep it. It should help you survive out there."

"Oh. Thank you." Lucas slipped the book into his backpack. Getting up from the seat, Lucas walked away from the saloon and onto the broken road, away from Goodsprings and toward Primm. Holding the .357, he could see some things ahead. They weren't high off the ground, either. Pulling back the hammer on the revolver, Lucas continued walking and hoped that they would simply leave him in peace.

If they didn't... Well, he was not defenseless, and though it disheartened him the pragmatic side understood it to simply be the way of the world.

virzi
August 17th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Shakily, you walk over to the corpses. Examining them one by one, you search for anything that could be considered useful. Chems,food, ammo, weapons, money... You manage to scavenge...



x2 Fiend Painspike Armour (COND 2)
x3 Fiend Badlands Armour (COND 2)
x2 .357 Magnum Revolvers (COND 2)
x2 9mm Pistols (COND 2)
x1 Hunting Rifle (COND 3)
x14 .357 rounds
x23 9mm rounds
x7 .308 rounds
x3 Purified Water (Size 1)
x3 Cram (Size 1)
x3 Psycho (Size 1)
x37 Bottle Caps



Once he gets to the barn, Jesús stares at the equipment that he just obtained from his would-be killers. There are a bunch of guns, some sets of what would appear to be armour, and other miscellaneous items; seeing as how he can’t fit all of it in his backpack, he has decisions to make about what should be taken, and what should be left behind.

Damn, these guns really look like they’ve seen better days. Same goes for the protective gear they were using to cover their bodies… Now that I think about it, could I fix some of these up using parts from the duplicates that I found? I would be risking fucking them up even more, but even so it’s worth a shot…

With his mind made up, Jesús starts to work on fixing his equipment. It’s not easy, but eventually he gets the job done. To his surprise, the things he tinkered with actually look better off than when he got them!

However, there are still two items that hold his attention:

The first is a small bag chock full of bottle caps, of all things.

Strange, I would have never pegged those assholes as collectors, much less of useless junk like bottle caps; could there be something more to them? What the hell, it’s not like they’ll take up much space, so I’ll take them.

The second is a medical needle strapped together to other tubes with a soft leather fabric. Clearly, his assailants were lugging around some sort of illegal drug. Deciding that this is the worst possible time to get high, Jesús doesn’t bother to put it in his backpack.

Well, it’s time to get moving again. Hopefully I won’t run into more lunatics on my way to the giant tower!

Oh, who am I kidding…

Loot taken:


x3 Fiend Badlands Armour (COND 2)
x2 .357 Magnum Revolvers (COND 2)
x2 9mm Pistols (COND 2)
x14 .357 rounds
x23 9mm rounds
x7 .308 rounds
x3 Purified Water (Size 1)
x3 Cram (Size 1)
x37 Bottle Caps


Items repaired:


x1 Fiend Badlands Armour (using two other copies)
x1 .357 Magnum Revolver (using one other copy)
x1 9mm Pistol (using one other copy)

Nanao-kun
August 17th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Alan Yee
Living Room

Slipping out the door, Alan shoves all doubt and guilt away and heads away from the stink of burning flesh and the echoing gunshots. What else is there to do? If he can’t fight, then all he can to is flee.
With little chance of surviving an encounter with mass murderers, you run. With the backpack on your back, you attempt to get away from the absurdity behind you. Heading west, but not realizing it, you run for over fifteen minutes before you grow tired and out of breath. Slowing down, you take a moment to catch your breath. You're standing in front of what appears to be a small canyon, with rocky hills on both side of the road.

"Oh. Thank you." Lucas slipped the book into his backpack. Getting up from the seat, Lucas walked away from the saloon and onto the broken road, away from Goodsprings and toward Primm. Holding the .357, he could see some things ahead. They weren't high off the ground, either. Pulling back the hammer on the revolver, Lucas continued walking and hoped that they would simply leave him in peace.

If they didn't... Well, he was not defenseless, and though it disheartened him, the pragmatic side understood it to simply be the way of the world.
As you walk the broken road to Primm, you spot what appear to be geckos, except larger, and walking on their hind legs. They stare at you, but seem to make no aggressive action towards you. You breathe a sigh of relief at that. Continuing onwards, you walk for well over half an hour when you hear it. A low, grumbling sound, as though the earth was being torn asunder. You can feel the shaking though your bones, as though you body was becoming one with the concept of thunder. Wait what, that doesn't make any sense.

You are now hungry.

Well, it’s time to get moving again. Hopefully I won’t run into more lunatics on my way to the giant tower!

Oh, who am I kidding…

You spend about half an hour doing repairs.


x3 Fiend Badlands Armour (COND 2) -> x1 Fiend Badland Armour (COND 4)
x2 .357 Magnum Revolvers (COND 2) -> x1 .357 Magnum Revolver (COND 3)
x2 9mm Pistols (COND 2) -> x1 9mm Pistol (COND 3)

+3 Repair
+1 Exp

Moving on, you continue your trek to the barn after a satisfying drink of purified water. You travel for an hour before you begin traveling among run down buildings, rather than dirt and sand. Finally, you see people. They not only see you, but don't shoot at you on sight. They seem to be dressed in a variety of outfits, with no clear pattern.

virzi
August 17th, 2012, 04:51 PM
You spend about half an hour doing repairs.


x3 Fiend Badlands Armour (COND 2) -> x1 Fiend Badland Armour (COND 4)
x2 .357 Magnum Revolvers (COND 2) -> x1 .357 Magnum Revolver (COND 3)
x2 9mm Pistols (COND 2) -> x1 9mm Pistol (COND 3)

+3 Repair
+1 Exp

Moving on, you continue your trek to the barn after a satisfying drink of purified water. You travel for an hour before you begin traveling among run down buildings, rather than dirt and sand. Finally, you see people. They not only see you, but don't shoot at you on sight. They seem to be dressed in a variety of outfits, with no clear pattern.

He's done it. He's finally done it.

Jesús has found living beings that don't want to kill, maim, extort, or burden him in any possible way.

Well, at least for now.

I have to be very careful about the questions I ask; subtlety is key here, so I'll start with something simple and low-key. After all, the last thing I need is to look like some sort of weirdo...

Jesús then walks up to the person nearest to him, and starts a conversation.

"Excuse me, but would you happen to know where the nearest internet source might be located? Preferably some sort of internet café or something? I'd use my phone, but it seems to have been misplaced, not to mention that my service provider wouldn't have coverage all the way over here..."

Liquid Alter
August 18th, 2012, 08:07 AM
As you walk the broken road to Primm, you spot what appear to be geckos, except larger, and walking on their hind legs. They stare at you, but seem to make no aggressive action towards you. You breathe a sigh of relief at that. Continuing onwards, you walk for well over half an hour when you hear it. A low, grumbling sound, as though the earth was being torn asunder. You can feel the shaking though your bones, as though you body was becoming one with the concept of thunder. Wait what, that doesn't make any sense.

You are now hungry.

Lucas looked around and then sat with his back against a rock. Taking off the backpack, he rifled through the contents quickly and eventually found something that looked like an MRE, from what little he knew of their appearance. Opening it, he started eating.

After he had finished, he carried on heading in the direction of the town that he could just about see on the horizon. He could see something that looked like... A giant fly? What the fuck?! Lucas made sure to stay away from that as much as he could without running into the geckos.

Nanao-kun
August 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM
"Excuse me, but would you happen to know where the nearest internet source might be located? Preferably some sort of internet café or something? I'd use my phone, but it seems to have been misplaced, not to mention that my service provider wouldn't have coverage all the way over here..."
As you speak to them, you notice that something seems off about them... particularly the fact that they're all armed. And that everything around seems run down. They stare at you as though you've grown a second head right in front of them.

One of the men speaks up. He's wearing what appears to be some form of combat armour, green and tan in color.

"A what? Man, I have no idea what you're talking about."

Lucas looked around and then sat with his back against a rock. Taking off the backpack, he rifled through the contents quickly and eventually found something that looked like an MRE, from what little he knew of their appearance. Opening it, he started eating.

After he had finished, he carried on heading in the direction of the town that he could just about see on the horizon. He could see something that looked like... A giant fly? What the fuck?! Lucas made sure to stay away from that as much as he could without running into the geckos.

You are no longer hungry.

Spotting the fly, you make a roundabout route around it, hoping it doesn't spot you.

Success

It fails to detect you. Sighing in relief, you continue onwards. Some time later, you realize it's been another fifteen minuets before you find yourself not too far away from an area of broken down buildings. You've reached Primm. Looking around, you spot what appear to be soldiers in tan colored armour. One of them spots you and runs on over. He gets within speaking distance before stopping.

"Hey, Primm is off limits to civilians right now."

virzi
August 18th, 2012, 11:54 PM
As you speak to them, you notice that something seems off about them... particularly the fact that they're all armed. And that everything around seems run down. They stare at you as though you've grown a second head right in front of them.

One of the men speaks up. He's wearing what appears to be some form of combat armour, green and tan in color.

"A what? Man, I have no idea what you're talking about."

6520

Obviously, Jesús’ approach to the situation was not being as effective as he had hoped for. It was hard to believe that these people didn’t know what the internet was, but on the other hand they didn’t appear to be a bunch of idiots.

Either this was all a very elaborate ruse, or they genuinely didn’t know what he was talking about.

Jesús decided to go with the latter.

I had the feeling it wouldn’t be as easy as that. Perhaps it would be best to ask more basic questions; besides, I’m getting tired of that guy staring at me like I have a third eye growing out of my forehead…

“Uh… How about we start from scratch? I seem to have hit myself really hard in the head, and some of my memories are a bit hazy, so would you mind telling me where we are, and what date it is? Also, judging by your uniforms I assume that you guys belong to some sort of organization. Mind telling me what it is as well?

Nanao-kun
August 20th, 2012, 02:39 PM
“Uh… How about we start from scratch? I seem to have hit myself really hard in the head, and some of my memories are a bit hazy, so would you mind telling me where we are, and what date it is? Also, judging by your uniforms I assume that you guys belong to some sort of organization. Mind telling me what it is as well?"

"Right... well, your at the west entrance to Westside. You from California or something? You don't seem like you're from around here. As for the time and date, why don't you just check that pipboy of yours?"

Liquid Alter
August 21st, 2012, 05:46 AM
You are no longer hungry.

Spotting the fly, you make a roundabout route around it, hoping it doesn't spot you.

Success.

It fails to detect you. Sighing in relief, you continue onwards. Some time later, you realize it's been another fifteen minuets before you find yourself not too far away from an area of broken down buildings. You've reached Primm. Looking around, you spot what appear to be soldiers in tan colored armour. One of them spots you and runs on over. He gets within speaking distance before stopping.

"Hey, Primm is off limits to civilians right now."

"And the revolver, rifle and machete really make me look like a civilian, don't they?" The cold sarcasm was almost visible in the air. Lucas had a headache from the sun, the first signs of his legs beginning to hurt were appearing and most of all, he just wanted to be home, all the way back in London.

People like the guy in what was quite obviously a military uniform were the ones that he didn't want to deal with; underestimating others over things like height or age when the other man could be very trigger-happy and quicker to draw, which usually ended up getting them killed. Curiosity made him ask, though, "Hey, where's the armor from?" There wasn't any emblem to identify the man that Lucas could see at all, and that wasn't usual for any army.

Then he saw a flag waving in the distance. A two-headed bear and what looked like a five-point star above and to the left of it. What the fuck is that...?

Nanao-kun
August 23rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
"And the revolver, rifle and machete really make me look like a civilian, don't they?" The cold sarcasm was almost visible in the air. Lucas had a headache from the sun, the first signs of his legs beginning to hurt were appearing and most of all, he just wanted to be home, all the way back in London.

People like the guy in what was quite obviously a military uniform were the ones that he didn't want to deal with; underestimating others over things like height or age when the other man could be very trigger-happy and quicker to draw, which usually ended up getting them killed. Curiosity made him ask, though, "Hey, where's the armor from?" There wasn't any emblem to identify the man that Lucas could see at all, and that wasn't usual for any army.

Then he saw a flag waving in the distance. A two-headed bear and what looked like a five-point star above and to the left of it. What the fuck is that...?

The man crosses his arms. He ignores your previous sarcasm.

"This armor is standard for all NCR personnel. Did you crawl out from under a rock or something? Anyway, if you really need to get into Primm, we won't stop you. We won't provide any support if you get shot at either."

Liquid Alter
August 23rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
The man crosses his arms. He ignores your previous sarcasm.

"This armor is standard for all NCR personnel. Did you crawl out from under a rock or something? Anyway, if you really need to get into Primm, we won't stop you. We won't provide any support if you get shot at either."

"I'm used to that kind of situation." It looked like he would need to be using the rifle for this one. Checking that it was ready to be fired, he walked past the man and headed to the bridge, looking at his gun for a second; the original M-16 wasn't the best choice of weapon in Lucas' opinion.

As he got close to the bridge, there was a slight beeping noise. The landmines were clearly visible on the ground thanks to the red lights flashing on the top of each one. "Wonderful." Dropping to a crawl, Lucas very slowly made his way toward the nearest one. Hopefully he would be able to disarm them and not get his arms blown off in the process.

Suncofold
August 27th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Alan Yee
Small Canyon

Alan pants and gasps, bending over in an attempt to catch his breath. It seems as though he’s gotten away without attracting attention, but he doesn’t know where he is at all. All around him is a wasteland, a far cry from the urban civilization that he’s used to. Part of him wonders if he’s even on Earth anymore. It’s possible, after all.

In front of him is a small canyon, surrounded by rocky hills. With a weary sigh, Alan heads towards it, figuring that he has nothing better to do than wander aimlessly. After all, he has no knowledge of where he is, nor the circumstances of the barren world he now finds himself in.

All he can do is keep walking and pray.

Nanao-kun
August 27th, 2012, 06:03 PM
As he got close to the bridge, there was a slight beeping noise. The landmines were clearly visible on the ground thanks to the red lights flashing on the top of each one. "Wonderful." Dropping to a crawl, Lucas very slowly made his way toward the nearest one. Hopefully he would be able to disarm them and not get his arms blown off in the process.
Slowly making your way across the ground, you inch your way over to the active mine. You...

Success!

...manage to disarm the mine without triggering it. You do the same with the next two mines in the way, careful not to let them explode.


x3 Frag Mines (Size 1)

+2 Explosives

Sighing in relief, you stand up and take a look around. Through the iron bar fence, you can spot a couple of people wearing blue shirts wandering around.

Those must be the convicts. Spotting a run down car, you move ahead and crouch besides it, hiding yourself from their view. In the direction your taking cover from, are two convicts. There may be more hidden near the run down buildings.

Alan Yee
Small Canyon

Alan pants and gasps, bending over in an attempt to catch his breath. It seems as though he’s gotten away without attracting attention, but he doesn’t know where he is at all. All around him is a wasteland, a far cry from the urban civilization that he’s used to. Part of him wonders if he’s even on Earth anymore. It’s possible, after all.

In front of him is a small canyon, surrounded by rocky hills. With a weary sigh, Alan heads towards it, figuring that he has nothing better to do than wander aimlessly. After all, he has no knowledge of where he is, nor the circumstances of the barren world he now finds himself in.

All he can do is keep walking and pray.
As you walk along the road through the small canyon, you spot a run down truck that is in no way operable, along with a traffic cone sitting on top of a... flat, cylindrical object. It's a yellow tan color. It seems as if the cone was put there rather hastily, but didn't cover up the object completely.