PDA

View Full Version : Los Dos Shikis - A comparison

Chaos Greyblood
March 25th, 2011, 12:49 PM
So, what can you guys say about both Tohno and Ryougi? If there's any in-depth info you wish to toss around and discuss, this is the place to do it. And before you ask, you can also throw in some stuff from BMW and maybe Melty Blood.

Erlkonig
March 25th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Hombre, que buen tema que has creado.

...You started it.

Uberchoco
March 25th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Me gustan los dos.

But I think I like Ryougi better.

RedisSupreme
March 25th, 2011, 01:26 PM
One has a penis, the other a vagina

http://schmoesknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/1-arnold-schwarzenegger-kindergarten-cop.jpg

Dartz
March 25th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Can Shiki see lines on a Xenomorph?

Tobias
March 25th, 2011, 01:38 PM
they are both ugly?

Ergast
March 25th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Opino que la rubia mola más... digo Ryougi.

But only because she is a she.

Crown
March 25th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Que tal esto?

Ryougi should have a longer lifespan than Tohno.

Rockxas
March 25th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Opino que la rubia mola más... digo Ryougi.

But only because she is a she.
Pero Ryogi no es rubia...
Anyways, personally I like Nanaya way more than Ryogi and the usual Shiki Tohno.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 25th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Es la verdad!

My order of faves goes Nanaya (knife nuts are my bros~), Tohno, then Ryougi. Only because Nasu is godmoding her in recent projects. I liked her fine before she was becoming a canon-sue. -____-

HitokiriNanaya
March 25th, 2011, 03:11 PM
DAMMIT I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH! (RAGEQUIT)

My fav's are Nanaya(Duh), Ryougi, Tohno, then CAPSLOCK-kun. CAPSLOCK doesn't get enough scene time. I love Nanaya cause he's a smartass and he can back it up. He can also go one-on-one with some pretty badass characters and win. Or at least live long enough to kill them, but details details

DragoZERO
March 25th, 2011, 03:19 PM
One has an awesome anime and the other doesn't have any.

TypeWannabe
March 25th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Ha! I can actually speak Spanish, and so I understand what they said!

But yeah, Ryougi. As far as I know, she hasn't tried to rape Mikiya, and even if she did it'd be hot enough for me to put it to the wayside.

SeiKeo
March 25th, 2011, 04:56 PM
One has an awesome anime and the other doesn't have any.

Les deux Shikis. Mais, c'est la.

Mazyrian
March 25th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Mi favorito es Nanaya, aunque sea principalmente porque me gusta en el MB (aunque apenas habiendo jugado AA no tengo mucha opinión en este sentido al respecto de Ryougi)
I guess my order is Tohno>Ryougi, though I think it might be because I had much more exposure to the first one (Tsukihime game: longer than KnK films)

SeiKeo
March 25th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Je ne conprende pas espagnol. Tu parles en anglais, si vous plait?

Uberchoco
March 25th, 2011, 07:06 PM
The amount of Spanish speakers in here has increased quite a lot in the last couple of years...

Erlkonig
March 25th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Ahora me imagino a Ryougi y Shiki con bigote y ponchos matando magos y DA...

Oh god...

RacingeR
March 25th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Esa imagen mental me acompañara por el resto del dia hasta mis pesadillas mas profundas.

I haven't seen the knk movies, and only read part of the novels, so i'll have to say Tohno for now. However, Nanaya easily out-cools him IMO.

Ivan The Mouse
March 25th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Can't understand, but can't stop laughing.

agentzero
March 26th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Another guy who doesn't speak Spanish, sorry.

I like Ryougi better as a character, since she's got a much more fleshed out personality, but as a main character I really prefer Tohno, since he doesn't suffer from boring invincible hero syndrome.

I also find it interesting how they mirror each other while at the same time being each others' opposite. Ryougi convinces herself she's a killer and tries to act the part even though she's not really one at heart. While on the other hand Tohno clings to his normality and hides his power, denying his true nature as a killer. It's a shame these two will never meet long enough to get to know each other.

As for Nanaya and CAPSLOCK-KUN, they are both really awesome. Nothing else needs to be said about them.

Ergast
March 26th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Pero Ryogi no es rubia...
Anyways, personally I like Nanaya way more than Ryogi and the usual Shiki Tohno.

Ya bueno, he usado una expresión hecha jeje, por eso luego he dicho "digo Ryougi"

Nanaya is a bit too psycho for my tastes.

Ahora me imagino a Ryougi y Shiki con bigote y ponchos matando magos y DA...

Oh god...

Well, mexicans aren't the only ones who speak spanish. Actually I'll say spanish people speak spanish XDD C WUT I DID THAR?.

Dammit, Erlkonig, now I'm seeing Ryougi and Tohno dressing as bullfighters killing DA's (yeah, I used a spanish cliche being spanish, and now I'm hating myself U_U)

Keyne
March 26th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Well, mexicans aren't the only ones who speak spanish. Actually I'll say spanish people speak spanish
Not possible. '_' You lie.

Mazyrian
March 26th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Hm, que cliché argentino puedo usar... Tohno y Ryougi como gauchos, con... bigote y poncho?
Preparando un asado.

Kotonoha
March 26th, 2011, 10:37 AM
式<志貴<四季

日本語でおk

Ruca_Milda
March 26th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Este topico é uma merda,santo Deus!

Brazilian Portuguese is still the better language.

Kotonoha
March 26th, 2011, 10:44 AM
BR? BR? HUEHUEHUEHUEHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHUEHUHEUHUEHEUHUEHUE

(That is how you say "I like SHIKI best" in Brazil, right?)

eddyak
March 26th, 2011, 11:09 AM
ALLAH AKHBAR

I'm sorry, I don't know any spanish

Optimus
March 26th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Y yo que pensaba que los españoles hablábamos español. Interesante descubrimiento XD

Personally, I dislke bullfighting and I don't see any of the Shikis doing that... I leave that to the Track Team Girls, lol.

Mazyrian
March 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Lancer I can picture bullfighting

Optimus
March 26th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Lancer would be the awesomest picador ever. He wouldn't even need a horse. All he'd have to do would be going crazy and start killing bulls one by one. Too bad then he wouldn't be a picador at all, but you get the picture.

Erlkonig
March 26th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Wait... Lancer?

When did this turn into a Sirviente thread?

Ergast
March 26th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I still use Servant, even when I'm talking in spanish. If even in Japan it's servant, why I would use Sirviente? Or Maestro instead of Master, for that matter? I just translate anything that was at first in japanese, and then in english.

And I'm with you, Optimus, I don't like bullfighting too much. It bores me.

Y por supuesto que miento, Keyne-kun. Todo el mundo sabe que son los rusos los que hablan español ^^

(yep, I chose a random country to make them talk spanish. I'm that kind of guy :cool:)

Mazyrian
March 26th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I mostly say Servant and Master, though sometimes say Sirviente y Maestro. I do usually say Fantasma Noble though

(Welcome to the Spanish thread!)

RacingeR
March 26th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Well, i just say things in english, mostly because they sound better in that idiom. Fantasma Noble doesn't sound that bad actually.

Erlkonig
March 26th, 2011, 07:33 PM
It sounds more like the Servant than the weapon it wields, lol

Counterguardian
March 26th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I hereby declare this the most off-topic thread in Beast's Lair.

You guys have even derailed the language.

eddyak
March 26th, 2011, 08:22 PM
It's only a matter of wheher Mike bothers to read Tsukihime or not that determines the championship derailing.

Just you watch, he'll find some way to change a discussion on Akiha's cup size to the situation at the Matou house.

Ruca_Milda
March 26th, 2011, 08:27 PM
"Well,Akiha's pretty flat"
"Well at least the FSN heroines have okay sizes"
"SAKURA WAS RAPED AND TORTURED"

Counterguardian
March 26th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Idea: discuss Sakura in Spanish.

SeiKeo
March 26th, 2011, 08:50 PM
As much as Mike needs to read Tsukihime, it might be better for all of us that he only derails the Fate discussions.

TypeWannabe
March 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Why everyone forget he read Tsukihime, but not all of it?

Mcjon01
March 26th, 2011, 09:25 PM

Bah, part of Tsukihime isn't Tsukihime any more than one of my toes is me. He didn't read Tsukihime.

SeiKeo
March 26th, 2011, 09:30 PM

Because he didn't read the Dark Side paths that would turn him into a raging Hisui/Kohaku fan, and because the near side routes aren't as interesting, and because Mike never talks about Tsukihime.

Hyarion
March 26th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Pretty much, though I seem to remember him mentioning once that he didn't actually finish Ciel's route...?

But yeah, Far Side's where it's at.

SeiKeo
March 26th, 2011, 09:43 PM
God, really? You may as well have not read it if you only got through Arc's route.

RacingeR
March 26th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I think he only read Ciel's path, not Arc path, or something like that.

Numina
March 27th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Damnit! I can barley understand half of what they are saying!

Nanaya is probably one of my favorite characters of all of Nasuverse so yeah...

Tangerang
March 27th, 2011, 05:25 AM
"Well,Akiha's pretty flat"
"Well at least the FSN heroines have okay sizes"
"SAKURA WAS RAPED AND TORTURED"

"You're getting kind of off-topic there"
"I don't see how I'm getting off-topic"
"This is about Akiha."
"But she's part of the nasuverse, and FS/N is part of the nasuverse, and Sakura is an important part of FS/N, therefore this discussion is relevant here."
"okay...?"

Counterguardian
March 27th, 2011, 06:16 AM
"You're getting kind of off-topic there"
"I don't see how I'm getting off-topic"
"This is about Akiha."
"But she's part of the nasuverse, and FS/N is part of the nasuverse, and Sakura is an important part of FS/N, therefore this discussion is relevant here."
"okay...?"

*exasperated comments to calm the situation down*
*obvious attempt to move the topic away from Sakura by bringing up the thread topic or distorting it in a clearly trollish way*
"SHIKI CAN KILL SERVANTS! SHIKI CAN KILL SERVANTS! OH GOD PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT HER! SHIKI CAN KILL SERVANTS!"

*argument continues*
*everybody except the arguers vacate the thread until it dies down and forumites returns thread to normality*

Repeat. (Note step two is prone to backfiring which result in two arguments raping the thread simultaneously.)

Ergast
March 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Question time:

Can Shiki kill mike? And can he kill mike after mike finish Tsukihime?

Answer for both shikis, please.

BTW:

I mostly say Servant and Master, though sometimes say Sirviente y Maestro. I do usually say Fantasma Noble though

(Welcome to the Spanish thread!)

I also use from time to time Fantasma Noble, though I prefer Fantasmagoría Noble, instead of Fantasma Noble. I think is closer to the real meaning (an illusion is closer to what really is a NP than a ghost). Still, a bit too long.

eddyak
March 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Question time:

Tohno cannot kill the concept of "every discussion must inevitably reroute itself toward Sakura". Ryougi could if she'd seen it happen enough times.

agentzero
March 27th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Tohno cannot kill the concept of "every discussion must inevitably reroute itself toward Sakura". Ryougi could if she'd seen it happen enough times.

Neither Shiki could do that. Killing a phenomenon is impossible, it will just occur again given the right conditions.

eddyak
March 27th, 2011, 11:54 AM
But she can kill the current one, and wait for the next incarnation of Roa of TATARI.

Erlkonig
March 27th, 2011, 12:00 PM

But Mike is from our reality, which means he is beyond their reality, which means he's beyond Akasha. And I doubt they can kill the 4th wall.

HitokiriNanaya
March 27th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Question time:

Only if we ignore the overflow

Mazyrian
March 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Can Ryougi remake the reality so BL is inside the Universe? And so, will she be able to kill the thread derailing? (Like the one I'm doing just now?)
Or only if we ignore the overflow?

TekkZero
March 27th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Are you asking for Ryogi to get "MOD powers" along with the eyes?

SeiKeo
March 27th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Can Ryougi remake the reality so BL is inside the Universe? And so, will she be able to kill the thread derailing? (Like the one I'm doing just now?)
Or only if we ignore the overflow?

Ryougi already ignores the overflow.

MZeroX
April 1st, 2011, 10:20 PM
Mike is the Ryougi of our reality, and Sakura is Akasha.

Counterguardian
April 1st, 2011, 10:33 PM
So Mike's eyes are connected to Sakura.

Makes sense.

RacingeR
April 1st, 2011, 10:49 PM
Mystic Eyes of Sakura Perception?

Suddenly everything makes so much sense.

Hyarion
April 2nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
No... this can't be.

As I look at the Tsukihime thread, desperation slowly fills me.

The lines... there's no lines?!

This thread was something I had believed didn't exist... no, it couldn't exist. Straining my Mystic Eyes to their limits, I gaze harder into its depths...

There.

Behind a mention of Kohaku's situation, I see a faint line shimmering -- the lines that connect everything in existence to Sakura.

Die, you abomination. Your very existence is an insult to Sakura.

Raising my pen -- the very same that had brought many a thread to its knees -- I prepare to slash along the Line of Sakura...

Counterguardian
April 2nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad315/Counterguardian/General/archer.jpg

Counterguardian
April 2nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
No... this can't be.

This thread was something I had believed didn't exist... no, it couldn't exist. Straining my Mystic Eyes to their limits, I gaze harder into its depths...

There.

Behind a mention of Kohaku's situation, I see a faint line shimmering -- the lines that connect everything in existence to Sakura.

Raising my pen -- the very same that had brought many a thread to its knees -- I prepare to slash along the Line of Sakura...

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad315/Counterguardian/General/rinluvia.png

This is so epic it deserves a double post reaction.

terraablaze
April 2nd, 2011, 07:50 AM
No... this can't be.

There.

are you a poet?

food
April 2nd, 2011, 05:55 PM
No... this can't be.

There.

The Line is cut.

Yet rebuttals rain down like a hail of arrows.

This one is for Sakura----High Speed Divine Typing.

I reply to posts one after another, refuting their invalid arguments in the name of Sakura. It seems victory is at hand

Yet there's more. More, and more, and more posts flooding in.

Trolls... I... I... I am overwhelmed.... How can this be? Have I lost my ability to defend Sakura's honour?

No, I must not doubt myself. Sakura have suffered in silence long enough, and I must let the World know!!

I steeled myself.

I have been warned that this should not be done.

I have been told that this technique is forbidden in many realms.

I have witnessed the excruciating effect of this technique on many.

Should I use it?

No, it's not right, even to those who do not believe in Sakura.

But these are not the innocents. They are trolls.

With my resolve hardened, I firmly clicked on reply.

My keyboard creaks, my chair quivers, my desk quakes, and my wrist screams for oxygen.

It's done. Sakura, this is for you.

I breath in, and whispered-------Final Aria-Painful Wall of Text

Altima of the Gates
April 4th, 2011, 05:03 PM
*reads posts expecting talk about Shikis, or a Shiki with a sombrero*
*sees 3/4 of the talk about Mike*
You guys really love him, don't you? So tsundere! *pinches everyone's cheeks*