PDA

View Full Version : World of Evil - Defying the Fated End

Bloble
October 10th, 2012, 06:24 PM
"Give up, fools! No matter what you do, defying the Master's will is impossible!" The flamboyant man laughed as the group of teenagers before him collapsed to the ground, unable to move thanks to the suddenly tripled gravity. "This is just a taste of the power he has granted me!"

"Guh... this... isn't enough to keep me down!" A burly yet young man slowly rose to his feet against all odds. He used his large broadsword as support, pushing against the impossible weight of his own body. "Your Master's will... I don't give a crap about it!" He screamed, and raised a hand. In front of his fingers, the air was suddenly ablaze, burning with magical power. The boy screamed a single line in a language the flamboyant man couldn't hear, and the fireball flew towards him.

"You!" The man raised his golden cane and swatted away the burning projectile, but the momentary distraction was enough to deactivate his gravity spell. Now unencumbered by the weight of their bodies, the other two teens stood as well. "Meddling brats! You don't know what you're dealing with!"

"No... you don't know anything!" The smallest among them, a young girl in dark robes, chanted under her breath even as her eyes burned with resolve. The ground shook, and cracks appeared as her spell tore the earth apart. "This Master of yours... he may think he's powerful, but he doesn't know what true power is!"

"As if I'd let you!" The flamboyant man raised his cane and pointed, instantly, the air around it froze, suddenly becoming a gigantic blade made of ice. With a single word, the sword shot towards the girl, about to interrupt her spell.

Right before smashing into the arms of a young man with spiky brown hair. Blood ran down his hands, but he had blocked the ice with his own body. "You're weak!" He called out, even as the pain rushed through his body. The young man lowered his arms, and glared at the flamboyant man. "True power... comes from friendship!" He yelled.

At the same time, the little witch completed her chant. The ground cracked open even more, and a gigantic chasm opened up underneath the flamboyant man. His screams were cut short as he fell inside, and the chasm smashed shut with a might crack.

The group of teens fell to their knees, each one wounded and tired. But the boy who had stopped the ice stayed on his feet.

"This isn't the end." He whispered as he looked into the sky, staring at something he couldn't even see. "It'll take more than this to stop the power of friendship! Do you hear me, 'Master'? Wherever you are, whatever your plans may be, we'll stop you!" The boy finished with a yell, showing his resolve to the world. "Your dastardly plans won't"

"Cut it."

The video stopped as a shadowy hand clicked the stop button on his remote.

"Dammit, Leroy." A dark, evil voice grumbled. "One of my best men lost to a bunch of kids? And here you were saying this guy was reliable."

"B-but sir, this is a serious matter!" A snivelling man grovelled at the feet of the shadowy figure. "These aren't just any kids! There's this prophecy, see, and"

"Oh hell no." The evil dark shadowy Master of Darkness sighed, and brought his palm to his face. "Seriously? This is just ridiculous. I don't give a damn about your stupid prophecy. What I do give a damn about is having to hire someone to replace the 5th of my Seven Generals, along with quelling rebellion amongst my employees, who will no doubt be asking for extra hazard pay after what happened to Leroy, who should've just crushed these idiotic twerps instead of monologuing. I don't have time for some meddling kids."

"But sir, this prophecy concerns the fate of the world-"

"I don't give a damn about that either." The Master of Darkness sighed. "I just want to reach the Root in peace, and then some stupid do gooders come here and try to stop me just because they don't agree with my methods? What is this world coming to?"

"Milord, you are destined to-"

"Shut it." The evil Master rubbed the bridge of his nose with his infernal fingers. "Okay, here's what we'll do. Send all the remaining Generals on a three day vacation to Japan, and have them nip this little annoyance in the bud while they're there. After that, we can get back on track."

"Milord?" The snivelling man tilted his head. "But, that'll cost us, and we can't afford such a thing..."

The evil Master of Darkness grinned a devilish grin. "Take it out of their pay-checks."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are a Villain. A Dastardly, Fiendish, Cruel, Manipulative person. Your goals are not noble, you do not have any ambiguous alignment, and you most certainly don't have any time to waste in silly things like Saving the World.

You have a plan. And no amount of Superheroes, Police Officers, Rebellious High Schoolers, Hotblooded Delinquents, or Gruff But Kindhearted Detectives are going to stop it.

Normally, you'd be dead from fighting a bunch of stupid Heroes, but this is the Nasuverse, and the laws of Plot can go fuck themselves.

Welcome to the World of Evil.

------------------------------------------------------

Basically, the idea of this RP idea is that the player isn't a heroic character starting at level 1, or even an ambiguous person with equally mysterious goals. You're not an unfeeling robot searching for the Grail, or a yandere girl looking for some fighting.

Your alignment is firmly on the Evil side of the scale, along with your goals.

Your goal is to survive when the laws of the universe itself want you to fail. Although the world around you is one where the heroes will no doubt win, and all evil is extinguished (only to rise again later, of course), you might be the one to say 'screw that' and succeed.

You can be any kind of villain. You can be the head of an evil organization. You can be a wandering hermit simply trying to reach the Root with slightly unscrupulous methods. You can be someone driven insane by their own powers, an amoral assassin, a corrupt businessman, an ambitious magus, a bloodthirsty vampire, or even a crazy evil genius trying to build a giant laser beam to blow up the moon just because.

However, you will not be left alone. The dreaded enemy, the Protagonist, is hot on your heels. He may be weak and defenseless now, but the World itself is helping him grow, providing him with training, allies, character development, and enough new powers to completely fuck you over.

Despite this, it is your job to win where you must lose, and survive where the script calls for your death.

Gentlemen, are you bad enough dudes to fuck with the Narrative Casuality?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I've already got another RP to go, I'll make this simple.

There are three slots for players, max. You can design your character in any way and I only need a general stat sheet (no hard numbers needed), but you have to choose from several different character archetypes:

Evil Genius
You are dastardly, but cautious. You are evil, but intelligent. Your mind is swimming with magnificent ideas, but all of them are too evil for any sane person to wish to unleash. It's a good thing you're already crazy. You have a plan. Whether it is to control the world, destroy it, or blow a hole in the moon with a shiny laser beam, you know what needs to be done, and you've got the brains to build it. Now all you need are a few good henchmen...

Bonuses:
+Intelligent
+Skilled
-Weak
-No actual power

The Destroyer
You care not for the world. You care not for how many villages you must destroy to meet your objective. You are a destructive force to be reckoned with, and there is nothing in this world that can stop you. What you lack in manpower, you make up for with sheer strength. Undefeated, unstoppable, the world is your oyster, and you can blow up whatever you damn well please. If only those damn bounty hunters would leave you alone...

Bonuses:
+Powerful Fighter
+Starts off High Level
-Many enemies
-Little to no allies

The Enigma:
Who are you? No one knows. Where do you go? Where the wind blows. You are as mysterious as your objective, and that's the way you like it. There are no parents speaking in whispers of your name, and there are no bounty hunters trying to kill you daily. You are nothing for now, but it won't always be that way. Oh no, you've got a plan. An Evil Plan. And when you pull it off, the whole world will know your name. Just hope they know it only when you're ready...

Bonuses:
+Relatively unknown to enemies
+Has a head start over heroes
-Little actual influence over world
-Has to keep identity secret or risk being revealed

The King:
The world is yours. Or perhaps just a small part of it. Regardless, you are a ruler, whether by birth or (most likely) through foul play. You have ascended to the point where you can crush almost anyone just by ordering it. What you lack in magic or brains you make up with your shrewd instincts and large amounts of cash. And when that mind control device you commissioned that idiot to work on is done, you'll control everything! Except those upstart rebels...

Bonuses:
+Manpower
+Money
-A gigantic target
-Reliant on kingdom/henchmen

The Fallen:
You are familiar with heroism, more than any other can be. After all, you used to battle for the side of good yourself. You know how Heroes think, and you have seen first-hand the folly in their childish attempts to fight evil. You are enlightened, and have cast away the trappings of your once Good nature. Although you are Evil, you know and can take advantages of Heroes who fight for Good. Your name is known, and you are considered by many to fight for Good, having kept secret your true nature.

Bonuses:
+Considered good by many
+Insight into the thoughts of Protagonists
-You must keep your evil nature hidden
-Your past may catch up to you...
Slots:

1. Soldat The Destroyer
2. Ivan The King
3. llednaroth The Enigma
4. Enigmatic The Genius
5. Nanaya The Fallen

Soldat der Trauer
October 10th, 2012, 06:28 PM
YES. YESSSSSSSSS~

Destroyer seems suitable enough for the design I've had biding in my head.

Although, could you please elaborate on the Enigma? In what sense does the "head start" fall?

HitokiriNanaya
October 10th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hmmm looks interesting

EnigmaticFellow
October 10th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I'm so joining this. I'm a fan of unambiguous evil. Also, I will be picking Enigma to match my username.

Yun
October 10th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Sign me up for the King please.

mangafreak7793
October 10th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Interesting....not sure I can pull off an evil villain but I can try.

Sign me up

HitokiriNanaya
October 10th, 2012, 06:34 PM
I'll take The Destroyer

For Lulz and the Strong eat the weak!

Soldat der Trauer
October 10th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I'll take The Destroyer

For Lulz and the Strong eat the weak!

But what is your quest?!? What is your favorite color?!?

HitokiriNanaya
October 10th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I seek the truth! and Blue....no green! (is thrown off the bridge)

Soldat der Trauer
October 10th, 2012, 06:38 PM
...Well, that was easy enough.

*Dusts off hands.*

Bloble
October 10th, 2012, 06:39 PM
YES. YESSSSSSSSS~

Destroyer seems suitable enough for the design I've had biding in my head.

Although, could you please elaborate on the Enigma? In what sense does the "head start" fall?

Have you ever read JJBA? If you have, it's basically part 4's villain. Or a mysterious murderer in a detective novel. Instead of pure power, you've got the darkness on your side. You can't single handedly wipe out all the heroes without breaking a sweat like the Destroyer, but how's that a problem when no one even knows you exist?

Anyway, if two people go for the same archetype, they'll both have to submit a profile and I'll choose a better one. Soldat, since you asked I can assure you that you'll get a spot, so essentially you can have a freebie, while everyone else has to compete for a spot.

Also, just for the hell of it raising the limit to four players, one for each archetype.

Soldat der Trauer
October 10th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Soldat, since you asked I can assure you that you'll get a spot, so essentially you can have a freebie, while everyone else has to compete for a spot.

/jizzinmypantsexpression.jpeg

But I... I... I CAN'T DECIDE!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---!

No, yeah, Destroyer, please.

Bloble
October 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
/jizzinmypantsexpression.jpeg

But I... I... I CAN'T DECIDE!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---!

Destroyer, please.

Okay. PM me your ideas, and we'll discuss it. Despite the relative simplicity of the archetype it leaves tons of room to the imagination, so it'll likely end up pretty complex. There's no character sheets or numbers, so just give me a summary of who your character is (motivations, powers, backstory, etc.).

Sorry Nanaya, but you'll have to apply for a different archetype, since Destroyer's been taken.

HitokiriNanaya
October 10th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I'll try for Enigma then

EnigmaticFellow
October 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I'll try for Enigma then

Them sound like fighting words. Time to create a really good character concept. Either that or time for me to pick the Evil Genius.

Edit: In fact, I got a great idea for an Evil Genius. This is going to be fun.

Soldat der Trauer
October 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM
@HitokiriNanaya: My bad, man. BUT I MUST MAKE MY DESIGN REAL.

@Enigmatic: Fight-o, former Master! *Brofist.*

EnigmaticFellow
October 10th, 2012, 07:03 PM
@Enigmatic: Fight-o, former Master! *Brofist.*

*Returns Brofist *

Don't worry Soldat. I came up with a good idea for an evil genius, and even got a ridiculous name to go with it - Jerecht von Einzerschwiener.

Bloble
October 10th, 2012, 07:09 PM
manga, of course you can sign up. Just pick an archetype and send me a summary of your proposed character.

Soldat der Trauer
October 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
@Bloble: Since this RP is taking place in the Nasuverse, I really must ask: what sort of background timeline are we looking at here as it relates to the canon stories? Is this decades after Tsukihime and Fate, or what? Or do they just have no bearing on this at all?

HitokiriNanaya
October 10th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Character sheet sent.

EnigmaticFellow
October 10th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Sent my character sheet in.

mangafreak7793
October 10th, 2012, 07:35 PM
manga, of course you can sign up. Just pick an archetype and send me a summary of your proposed character.

I want intelligence, but I'm writing my history papaer that is due tomorrow. Wil ltry to send it within later tonight or tomorrow evening.

Bloble
October 10th, 2012, 07:42 PM
@Bloble: Since this RP is taking place in the Nasuverse, I really must ask: what sort of background timeline are we looking at here as it relates to the canon stories? Is this decades after Tsukihime and Fate, or what? Or do they just have no bearing on this at all?

It takes place about a year after FSN, although I will not say which route. Little to no canon characters will appear to get in your way or help you unless you specifically seek them out, however. Don't feel at all limited by history.

EDIT: Just so you know, all your stories are taking place in the Nasuverse, although the specific dimension is one with little to no dissimilarities from the ones we know and love. If you specifically wish to have your story take place in another universe, simply request it.

Verg Avesta
October 11th, 2012, 03:11 AM
If I sign up for this, can I be the type of bumbling villain who dreams big, but never gets anything done right? However, he can never be defeated either, as laws of cartoon bring him back every time.

Ivan The Mouse
October 11th, 2012, 06:23 AM
I want to join. Now.

Bloble
October 11th, 2012, 07:08 AM
If I sign up for this, can I be the type of bumbling villain who dreams big, but never gets anything done right? However, he can never be defeated either, as laws of cartoon bring him back every time.
Yes, yes you can.

I want to join. Now.
Pick an archetype (other than Destroyer) and send me your idea.

Snax
October 11th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I also have an idea, are we picking the funniest sheets? :V

Bloble
October 11th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I also have an idea, are we picking the funniest sheets? :V

We're picking whichever sheets I think would be the best. That means there's no criteria for quality other than my personal opinion.

So go ahead! Even if your villain is a joke character, as long as it's good, it'll go!

Ivan The Mouse
October 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Please reserve the King for me, please.

Snax
October 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I doubt there are any reservations.

Anyway, making Enigma sheet.

Ivan The Mouse
October 11th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Is there any template for a character sheet?

Snax
October 12th, 2012, 12:11 AM
I don't really see a template, which is why I'm making the most ridiculous Enigma ever based on one of my most favorite characters.

Bloble
October 12th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Is there any template for a character sheet?

Nope. You send me a brief summary of your character (abilities, backstory, Evil Goal) and I'll compare it to other entries in the Archetype, then choose the most interesting one. Since you picked The King, you get to compete with Yun for the spot, while llednaroth is competing with Nanaya for the Enigma.

Snax
October 12th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Well, sending in sheet. I'm almost done. :V

Soldat der Trauer
October 12th, 2012, 11:31 AM
EDIT: Just so you know, all your stories are taking place in the Nasuverse, although the specific dimension is one with little to no dissimilarities from the ones we know and love. If you specifically wish to have your story take place in another universe, simply request it.

C'mon guys, someone tag along w/ me into the Legacy of Kain or Devil May Cry so we can pwn some hunters.

Although I'll admit, I'm sorta tempted to tackle something mecha-based, too, like Zone of the Enders.
Or Big O... Ooh, or sentai!

Bloble
October 13th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Since I haven't received all the sheets yet, I'll put the deadline on Wednesday (the 17th). If I don't have all the sheets by then, I'll just start with what I have.

This also means the IC thread will be up next weekend instead of this one, so please be patient and it'll be up by then.

Ivan The Mouse
October 13th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Just wait, Bloble, I have a character on my mind, I just don't know how to do it.

Snax
October 17th, 2012, 06:29 AM
How goes the world of evil, my friends?
Plotting up enough evil plans?
Cooking up any insane acts?

Bloble
October 17th, 2012, 01:22 PM
The IC thread will be launched on Saturday or Sunday.

Announcements on which sheets have been accepted will be posted on Friday, just so I can let you guys squirm. :P

EnigmaticFellow
October 17th, 2012, 02:53 PM
The IC thread will be launched on Saturday or Sunday.

Announcements on which sheets have been accepted will be posted on Friday, just so I can let you guys squirm. :P

That's evil of you, Bloble.

HitokiriNanaya
October 17th, 2012, 03:53 PM
This is an evil RP

Ivan The Mouse
October 17th, 2012, 08:43 PM
So I shall write, the 14 Ministers of Altavoran Kingdom.

Bloble
October 17th, 2012, 10:38 PM
So I shall write, the 14 Ministers of Altavoran Kingdom.

You chose the King, bro. A king has to have servants. Of course, you only need a sentence or two per person, so no complaining.

mangafreak7793
October 17th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I'll have something by tommorow, I have a lot of HW.

Ivan The Mouse
October 18th, 2012, 12:12 AM
You chose the King, bro. A king has to have servants. Of course, you only need a sentence or two per person, so no complaining.

Ain't complaining, I'm just saying.

mangafreak7793
October 19th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Never mind, I don't think I'll be able to hand in a sheet. been very busy/

HitokiriNanaya
October 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
So who made the cut Bloble?

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Oh fine I suppose I can't keep putting it off forever.

Soldat is Destroyer as usual.
Ivan is King.
Enigmatic is Genius.
llednaroth is Enigma.

And you're The Fallen:
You are familiar with heroism, more than any other can be. After all, you used to battle for the side of good yourself. You know how Heroes think, and you have seen first-hand the folly in their childish attempts to fight evil. You are enlightened, and have cast away the trappings of your once Good nature. Although you are Evil, you know and can take advantages of Heroes who fight for Good. Your name is known, and you are considered by many to fight for Good, having kept secret your true nature.

Bonuses:
+Considered good by many

Congrats to those who got accepted. I'll be putting up the IC thread this weekend!

Ivan The Mouse
October 19th, 2012, 10:03 PM
And you're The Fallen:

Bonuses:
+Considered good by many

Congrats to those who got accepted. I'll be putting up the IC thread this weekend!

Whut's dis, Blobol?

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Whut's dis, Blobol?

Nanaya lost to lled for Enigma.

SO I MADE AN ENTIRELY NEW ARCHETYPE FOR HIM

Ivan The Mouse
October 19th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Yay!

Okay, just let me keep brainstorming regarding the Altavoran Cabinet.

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 11:47 PM
There. The IC thread is posted. I will be updating with individual introductions over the course of the weekend, and when everyone's finished finalising their profiles.

HitokiriNanaya
October 19th, 2012, 11:57 PM
And you're The Fallen:

Bonuses:
+Considered good by many

So I'm Kotomine?

Bloble
October 20th, 2012, 12:01 AM
So I'm Kotomine?

If you wish to be, then I suppose you are.

HitokiriNanaya
October 20th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Should have made a Kotomine Character, oh well~~~

Soldat der Trauer
October 20th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Oh cool, so the others will be starting soon--

And you're The Fallen:

Bonuses:
+Considered good by many

*FACE, MEET DESK. REPEATEDLY.*

.......Goddammit, now I have to rewrite my character's background. Again. Mind-readers, I swear.

DO YOU SO ENJOY MY SUFFERING, BLOBLE? SHOULD I FETCH YOU A GLASS OF MY TEARS?

Bloble
October 20th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Oh cool, so the others will be starting soon--

*FACE, MEET DESK. REPEATEDLY.*

.......Goddammit, now I have to rewrite my character's background. Again. Mind-readers, I swear.

DO YOU SO ENJOY MY SUFFERING, BLOBLE? SHOULD I FETCH YOU A GLASS OF MY TEARS?

Whoa, whoa. You're still the Destroyer, Soldat. It's just Nanaya who gets to be the Fallen.

Soldat der Trauer
October 20th, 2012, 02:02 AM
@Bloble: I know that.

Erlkonig
October 20th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Whoa, whoa. You're still the Destroyer, Soldat. It's just Nanaya who gets to be the Fallen.

I think he meant his background was Fallen-like

Bloble
October 20th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I think he meant his background was Fallen-like

*shrugs*

Anyway, updated for The Genius.

I won't be updating for those who haven't yet completed their sheets, so hurry up and send them in so I can write stuff!

Ivan The Mouse
October 20th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Wait, Blobol, I have the Cabinet's names already, I just need to brainstorm some moar.

Snax
October 20th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Which means mine should be up soon? :V

Bloble
October 20th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Which means mine should be up soon? :V

Of course. Soon.

SOON

HitokiriNanaya
October 20th, 2012, 03:14 PM
The assassin of BL needs to kill someone and make it look like someone else did it?

Oh Bloble you know my strengths so well~~

Soldat der Trauer
October 21st, 2012, 02:33 AM
I am so, so sorry, Bloble. But now you know.

TEXT WALLS. TEXT WALLS EVERYWHERE.

EnigmaticFellow
October 21st, 2012, 12:19 PM
Should be interesting to learn that NRVNQSR is likely to be dead.

Snax
October 21st, 2012, 09:21 PM
Time to play around with the kiddo, ihihi

EnigmaticFellow
October 21st, 2012, 10:48 PM
Out of curiosity, Bloble, are we players interacting in the same world?

Bloble
October 21st, 2012, 11:12 PM
Out of curiosity, Bloble, are we players interacting in the same world?

You could say that, I suppose. But unless you try to, you probably won't interact with the other players much.

EnigmaticFellow
October 22nd, 2012, 12:09 AM
You could say that, I suppose. But unless you try to, you probably won't interact with the other players much.

Irredeemably evil villains hardly make for good minions anyway. They always ruin your plans in some manner.

EnigmaticFellow
October 22nd, 2012, 12:49 AM
Well Bloble, you certainly know how to play hard ball. Still, I could potentially use this to my advantage, mainly in getting actual resources.

HitokiriNanaya
October 22nd, 2012, 11:27 PM
Will post tomorrow for sure.

Snax
October 24th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Posted, should go Corpse Partying soon. :V

Erlkonig
October 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Damn... snacks is good at this.

Ivan The Mouse
October 24th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Posted.

Soldat der Trauer
October 24th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Alas, poor Louvre. I hardly knew ye...

Bloble
October 24th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Whoa. How the hell did you do that?

EnigmaticFellow
October 24th, 2012, 06:36 PM
If Soldat's post goes by, I wonder how the White Wing Lord will take it? Either way, it should prove amusing.

Soldat der Trauer
October 24th, 2012, 06:40 PM
@Bloble: Earthbending.

Make a sinkhole to take the castle underground, form the dirt underground into "layers" corresponding to sections of the castle's layout, and then play shake-n-bake w/i it. As the castle is built of stone, and stone is a form of "earth", establish a link with it and construct "stalactites/stalagmites" within regions of the interior (not of the whole interior, just where there are enemies) to shish kebab anyone inside. Then once finished, just have everything pushed back onto the surface.

Voila. You're the one who said to just curbstomp the scene!

@Enigmatic: Considering he's the guy who had Louvre assigned as the new 10th, and given that others probably had their own candidates they'd sponsor for political reasons-- I kinda hope it makes him look incompetent.

Bloble
October 24th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Creative. I like it.

EnigmaticFellow
October 24th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Creative. I like it.

You probably like it just as much as Jerecht will like Ortenrosse's plight. No doubt his 'followers' such as Merem and Blackmore will share the same feeling as well.

Soldat der Trauer
October 24th, 2012, 06:54 PM
@Bloble: Thank you. Aside from the Avatar influences, I was influenced more by a Caroline scene from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and went w/ it.

Unlike the others' posts so far, I wanted my scenario to not have Mataza in the spotlight, only being directly introduced towards the end, and even then briefly. He may be the Destroyer, but he knows he's only part of the backdrop to the overall plot, if only for the time being; that was the intent, anyway, I have no idea how the writing came across.

@Enigmatic: Imagine Barthomeloi's reaction after she arrives to find a wrecked castle looking to have been in disrepair for a while, and she basically wasted her time working on outdated intelligence. Heads are gonna roll.

Erlkonig
October 24th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Bloble, when are you introducing the generic heroes.

Soldat der Trauer
October 24th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Oh yeah... Those guys.

EnigmaticFellow
October 24th, 2012, 07:04 PM
@Bloble: Thank you. Aside from the Avatar influences, I was influenced more by a Caroline scene from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and went w/ it.

Unlike the others' posts so far, I wanted my scenario to not have Mataza in the spotlight, only being directly introduced towards the end, and even then briefly. He may be the Destroyer, but he knows he's only part of the backdrop to the overall plot, if only for the time being; that was the intent, anyway, I have no idea how the writing came across.

@Enigmatic: Imagine Barthomeloi's reaction after she arrives to find a wrecked castle looking to have been in disrepair for a while, and she basically wasted her time working on outdated intelligence. Heads are gonna roll.

I don't have to imagine it, for it has already been described when Satsujinki done the same.

Soldat der Trauer
October 24th, 2012, 07:08 PM
@Enigmatic: IMAGINE IT ANYWAY, GOSH.

Am I really going to have to deal w/ "heroes"? I'm already gonna be dealing w/ the Association, the DAA, Madoka-esque Witches---I mean, never mind.

EnigmaticFellow
October 24th, 2012, 07:25 PM
@Enigmatic: IMAGINE IT ANYWAY, GOSH.

But I already imagined it when I first read it.

Bloble
October 24th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Of course you guys will be dealing with a lot. Plenty of things, like magi, vampires, and insane monsters.

But none of that will compare to the challenge that the heroes will represent. Make no mistakes. They are your true enemies. Anyone else is just a warm up.

EnigmaticFellow
October 24th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Of course you guys will be dealing with a lot. Plenty of things, like magi, vampires, and insane monsters.

But none of that will compare to the challenge that the heroes will represent. Make no mistakes. They are your true enemies. Anyone else is just a warm up.

Considering Jerecht's plan, would it be correct to assume that the term 'hero' is rather inclusive?

Soldat der Trauer
October 24th, 2012, 07:54 PM
@Enigmatic: I will facepalm so hard if we two end up having similar objectives.

EnigmaticFellow
October 24th, 2012, 07:59 PM
@Enigmatic: I will facepalm so hard if we two end up having similar objectives.

I'm not going to spoil my objectives any time soon. It would only make the face palm all the more epic when it occurs. Our secrets will be kept with Bloble.

Admittedly, stating that my character's goals are rather ambitious would be an understatement to say the least.

Snax
October 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Damn... snacks is good at this.

Thank you. :D

Also I'd like some comments on what you liked, so I may study those for future reference and improved posting skills. :3

Erlkonig
October 24th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Glorious manipulation.

Also boobs

Snax
October 24th, 2012, 08:47 PM
More sexual impact then. :3
Manipulation is fun, fun fun.

EnigmaticFellow
October 24th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Also boobs

This is a man whose sentiment I can agree with.

@Soldat
One of the IC posts hint at what Jerecht's plan leads up to.

Bloble
October 24th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Nanaya...

Do your research. *thumbs up*

EnigmaticFellow
October 24th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Nanaya...

Did he email blueprints to something widely available online?

Snax
October 24th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Lol. All i can say. xD

unless it was like secret documents of underground bases or etc it wouldn't be effective!

HitokiriNanaya
October 24th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Nanaya...

I have many backup plans, though talk about being screwed over by chickens

HitokiriNanaya
October 25th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Posted again. Hopefully my plan works this time.

Soldat der Trauer
October 25th, 2012, 12:26 AM
In before your heroic nemesis is actually the Secret Service. :P

But can you seriously get away w/ all that in one post? Mine got leeway b/c Bloble said it was gonna be a curbstomp anyway given my Archetype.

Snax
October 25th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Yeah, well, i guess Bloble will post up something about it if he finds something out of place.

That aside, I am preparing a glorious feast for the thief boy, time to bring out my true magic and warp reality. :3

Soldat der Trauer
October 25th, 2012, 12:35 AM
@Llednaroth: Sounds...scandalous~.

:3

HitokiriNanaya
October 25th, 2012, 01:09 AM
edited my post to be shorter cause bloble most likely will not let me get away with that long post.

Snax
October 25th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Well, compared to the mindfuckery I am preparing for the boy.....Kihihihi

Soldat der Trauer
October 25th, 2012, 01:43 PM
@Bloble: So going off the last PM you sent me, am I to assume I have free reign over my next post, or do you have something in store for me? Just so I know if I'm not supposed to be waiting on you yet.

Bloble
October 25th, 2012, 01:46 PM
No, no, I'll be posting for you. I'd be a pretty shitty GM if all I did was watch you curb-stomp things!

EnigmaticFellow
October 25th, 2012, 01:47 PM
No, no, I'll be posting for you. I'd be a pretty shitty GM if all I did was watch you curb-stomp things!

And I still can't wait to see Ortonrosse's response to all this. It will be priceless.

Snax
October 25th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Essentially, I don't know if Bloble will like this idea of mine, i can change it. But it's kinda hard to make for myself too. xD

It's basically a game of Mafia without the Mafia or special characters. A witch hunt with no end. Unless there is a special character or hero there, that is. The more people surviving till the end, the better for the survivors. They should move in groups if possible, because if a low number of people are ostracized, death. DIE THE DEATH :V

Each killing with psychologically torment the people, bringing delicious despair. :D

My goal? Spin a tale Urobuchi Gen would be proud of. Lololololol

EDIT: added detail about gun

Erlkonig
October 25th, 2012, 10:27 PM
God yes

We umineko now

Snax
October 25th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Le gasp

ERL SOLVED THE MYSTERY

i ded now
-----

Joking. :V

Bloble
October 25th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Bro, if you think you can pull off an Umineko/Higurashi level mystery, then go for it! I'll do my best to have the protagonists solve it and die trying!

EnigmaticFellow
October 25th, 2012, 10:51 PM
inb4 Snacks uses the golden witch as his character's face claim.

Snax
October 26th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Actually it already is

Ivan The Mouse
October 26th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Blobooooooooooooooooool! Wer is may apdeyt?

Bloble
October 26th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Blobooooooooooooooooool! Wer is may apdeyt?
Since I'm lazy I'm doing them one per day. :I
Yours is next though.

Ivan The Mouse
October 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Yay.

Soldat der Trauer
October 26th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Curses.

Fixed some of my previous grammar and descriptive language, though. Just a tad.

EnigmaticFellow
October 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM
*Jerecht and Ortenrosse look at the corpse of Louvre

"You are right in claiming that this ancestor is superior to Chaos," Jerecht stated to the White Wing Lord. "He did leave behind a body."

Soldat der Trauer
October 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM
O-hohoho~

Snax
October 27th, 2012, 01:11 AM
I shall clearly have to play party with DAAs and Heroes in the same room later on. :V
I feel lacking in power now. :3

Soldat der Trauer
October 27th, 2012, 01:31 AM
That depends. How long do you think Bloble can stretch your current game's duration?

In other news: Fuuuuck~, I'm so bored. There's nothing to do on this part of the forum, everything's slow.

Snax
October 27th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Same could be said here since I can't go to play games due to work.

Bloble
October 27th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Sorry I can't crank out updates very fast, guys. I assure you that if this was summer we'd be having a grand old time every day.

Bloble
October 28th, 2012, 01:35 AM
By the way Ivan, before you ask, yes your Magi informant is simply this guy (http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/William_Antonio_Zeppeli) with horrible fashion sense.

Ivan The Mouse
October 28th, 2012, 09:04 AM
By the way Ivan, before you ask, yes your Magi informant is simply this guy (http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/William_Antonio_Zeppeli) with horrible fashion sense.

So, is Surridge dead?

EnigmaticFellow
October 28th, 2012, 09:17 AM
So, is Surridge dead?

Looks more like she's hypnotized/incapacitated than anything else.

Ivan The Mouse
October 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I see.

EnigmaticFellow
October 28th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Guess I'm going to join the list of people who move castles.

So far, it consists of Van-Fem, Mataza, and Jerecht.

Soldat der Trauer
October 28th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Ah, but there is a difference b/t physically transporting the structure intact and teleporting it across continents and oceans. Interesting stretch of the term "moving" you've got there.

Bloble
October 28th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I love how you just assume I'm going to let you teleport something when it's one of those things that's infinitely close to impossible.

EnigmaticFellow
October 28th, 2012, 10:13 PM
I love how you just assume I'm going to let you teleport something when it's one of those things that's infinitely close to impossible.

So no moving moving castle through teleportation. Okay, I'll edit it out.

Bloble
October 28th, 2012, 10:22 PM
So no moving moving castle through teleportation. Okay, I'll edit it out.
I like you just assume I'm not going to let you teleport the castle even though it's close to impossible.

EnigmaticFellow
October 28th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I like you just assume I'm not going to let you teleport the castle even though it's close to impossible.

Very well then, I just won't do such assumptions then.

Soldat der Trauer
October 28th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Haha.

Well, even disregarding the Nasuverse's canonical examples of defiance against established thaumaturgical principles (ex. Emiya Shirou), the feat isn't technically impossible so long as we're willing to fiddle around w/ the mechanisms by which to accomplish it.

So perhaps 'teleportation' is not the most accurate term to use in this case...?

@Bloble: Two more things. One: am I next on the update list, or the Fallen?

Two: while more pertinent information may have to be asked for in PMs, I'd like to inquire right now as to the general qualities of Van Fem's Demon Castles. For example, how large are they, and what do they approximately look like in this RP?

Bloble
October 28th, 2012, 11:17 PM
You're next, Soldat. I'm generally trying to keep the pace at a different person per day, so you're the next one I'm updating for.

Any sorry, but I can't tell you about Van Fem's castles, since that's something Mataza has no way of knowing, unless he's canonically seen them before.

Soldat der Trauer
October 29th, 2012, 12:09 AM
...Damn, I should've included the previous version of the idea relating to the White Wing, then. Arrrgh~

Too late now, I'm guessing?

Bloble
October 29th, 2012, 12:24 AM
No backstory editing after the RP's already begun~

elric
October 29th, 2012, 12:26 AM
I don't see several particular archetypes that are fairly strong Evil types.
Where's the Sealed Dark God archetype? The Evil Troll archetype? The spreader of corruption archetype?

Don't mind me. Just being all nitpicky.

Bloble
October 29th, 2012, 12:58 AM
The archetypes are limited partly because they'd get too similar, and partly because I can only handle so much players at one time.

It's a shame, too. I never got to implement The God, The Rival or The Minion.

Soldat der Trauer
October 29th, 2012, 01:23 AM
.............Not as PCs, anyway.

*Wink wink, nudge nudge*

Snax
November 2nd, 2012, 11:44 PM
Bit late in noting this, but the Minion and the God would have been a lulz archetype. The Rival sounds cool though, especially with a Rival Hero or such.

That aside, the game proceeds. kekeke.

elric
November 2nd, 2012, 11:51 PM
The archetypes are limited partly because they'd get too similar, and partly because I can only handle so much players at one time.

It's a shame, too. I never got to implement The God, The Rival or The Minion.
Hmm. Can I at least have details on the minion or God's strengths and weaknesses? I want to try making one of them as exercise for character building.

Bloble
November 3rd, 2012, 12:07 AM
Hmm. Can I at least have details on the minion or God's strengths and weaknesses? I want to try making one of them as exercise for character building.

Sure.

The God is basically exactly what the description entails. A God. A diety beyond mortal comprehension, even more powerful than the Destroyer. In short, it's pretty much invincible.

However, where it differs from the Destroyer is in everything else. A God cannot act directly. It does not exist on the same level as humans, and thus cannot involve itself directly in their affairs. For example, it cannot teleport to the base of an enemy and instantly incinerate them even though it is well within its power to do so. Whether this is because the enemy has protective barriers, a long binding agreement made in the past, or even physical flaws, the God is notable for the amount of limits it has placed upon its nigh infinite power.

While the Destroyer enjoys power and freedom, freedom is the one thing the God lacks. Thus, whatever its goal may be, it must find ways to accomplish it using circuitous routes, as every direct method will invariably be blocked.

As an example, let's take an evil spirit that wishes to enter the human realm, but can only do so when a certain ritual is performed in a certain place in a certain time. It can use its powers to influence weak minded people to form a cult to it, then get them to complete the ritual and summon it. If its cultists are attacked by enemies, it may grant its followers a portion of its powers to fight them off or cause a natural disaster that may help or hinder them.

And that's basically the God in a nutshell.

elric
November 3rd, 2012, 01:53 AM
How invincible is "pretty much invincible"? Nasuverse has some horrific, horrific stuff in it at the upper levels. Would it be able to take something like Type-Mercury if fully manifested?
How much leeway would it have in origins? Because I have a great unconventional idea for an origin.

Bloble
November 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
There is no set limit. You could make it as strong as the Anti-Spiral or a being like Cthulu. But yeah, it would be top tier no matter what, and if you wish you could make it even stronger than the Types. Again, the point of the God is that it possesses almost limitless power which it cannot fully use. As long as you follow those restrictions you can do whatever you want.

HitokiriNanaya
November 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
small post is small cause can't god mode everything like the destroyer can

elric
November 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
There is no set limit. You could make it as strong as the Anti-Spiral or a being like Cthulu. But yeah, it would be top tier no matter what, and if you wish you could make it even stronger than the Types. Again, the point of the God is that it possesses almost limitless power which it cannot fully use. As long as you follow those restrictions you can do whatever you want.
Okay. My concept was a tech/internet focused God with a goal of spreading magitech everywhere. Currently, he is very "distant" from the world, and thus can mostly only subtly hand out knowledge like candy. He'd be very good at manipulating electronics when needed, giving subtle inspiration to people, etc. . . One nasty trick I am considering him having(and being able to grant) is inverse magecraft that starts off pathetic, but becomes better the more studied and well known it is. Students of this brand of magecraft bring him slightly closer to the world, and it also gives him a degree more influence over the people who study it.

That's stage one at least. As it gets closer and closer to the world, it's agenda would seem less and less benevolent. Not that many factions of the Moonlit world will like even the first stage of his plan.

Bloble
November 3rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
That's actually pretty good. A God that's like a Virus which takes over computers/people and grants them magical abilities, limited by his medium but almost all powerful within it.

Not bad. If all the slots weren't full I'd be sorely tempted to have you in the RP.

elric
November 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Indeed. I would be pulling stunts like computer viruses that rewrite people, etc. . .
A trick I am really proud of is on setting up stuff to get purged by enforcers in a manner that will "inspire" them to reach new heights with their own magecraft. Given that the MA response to sealing Designations is study them, well. . . My god loves it when people try to study stuff related to him. It saves him a ton of work, after all.

Simply put, you have to be very, very careful what info you take in when fighting this God. Studying him is often the worst thing you can do if you want to fight him. It's a great way to become a minion, though.