PDA

View Full Version : Blood Soaked Elysium Fields

Pages : [1] 2 3

EnigmaticFellow
October 19th, 2012, 05:56 PM
With many shouts of heretic from the masses, yet another witch was burned at the stake, the spoils of yet another successful witch hunt.

Dear Typewannabe, you are a Transfigurer.
A witch with an understanding of transformative thaumaturgies, you can use your powers to aid you and your sisters.

Once a night, you may PM EnigmaticFellow with a PM with the title being 'Turn [USER] into a black cat' with [USER] being a living player in the game. This action will prevent the transformed target from performing an action for the night.

You win if the Coven is the last faction standing.

That's another witch down, but the villagers knows that yet more need be put down in order to cleanse this town of heretics. After all, God has punished them for allowing such heretics into their town by unleashing a vampire amongst them. So in order to appease their all-mighty father, they must rid their village of all heretics, witches and vampires alike.

Meanwhile, the witches - a persecuted group of magi knowledgeable in the arts of witchcraft - must fight off the village which hunts them down as well as the dead apostle which prey upon all humans.

And of course, the dead apostle wishes to use this village to sate his unquenchable thirst.

Blood Soaked Elysium Fields

Here is BL's second mafia game. This time, this is not a lockdown game. You can all choose to communicate in whatever method you choose. Also, for those of you guys who did not get a role PM, you are a villager.

Rules:
1. Days will last for 48 hours or a player receives more votes than half the number of players still alive to get lynched
2. Nights will last for 24 hours. Roles which require PMing the GM have to do so by this time frame else they don't use their action. Should you have a role with an action you wish not to use, simply have "ABSTAIN" as the title for the PM.
3. Roles of people who die will be revealed.
4. Posting is allowed in the night as well as the day.
5. Once a player posts in this thread, that post cannot be edited or deleted.
6. Lynch votes should be in bold.
7. The player with the majority (one more than half the living players) get lynched and the day ends. Should the the day end before a majority is reached, the player with the most votes will get lynched. In the case that there is a tie in the most votes, the day will end with no lynched occurring.
8. Dead men tell no tales (no dead players can post in the game thread or talk about the knowledge they gained from playing the game)
9. The only PM you can quote on this thread are roles.

Player List:

1. Erlkonig (villager)
2. RR121 (dead Hypnotist)
3. Ace (Rogue)
4. Spinach (Knight)
5. Enhance (villager)
6. Satehi (villager)
7. Blacksword (Evoker)
8. Chaos Greyblood (villager)
9. Katie (Executor)
10. gesalt (dead Diviner)
11. Yun (Town Crier)
12. Bloble (Dead Apostle)
13. Raven2785 (villager)
14. Reynal (villager)
15. Mike1984 (villager)
16. Detective Blackstone (villager)
17. 2ndsly (Shield Maiden)

- - - Updated - - -

Night 0

Time to be sending in those actions guys.

Reynel
October 19th, 2012, 06:02 PM
9. The only PM you can quote on this thread are roles.
So the equivalent of cop can prove by PM quoting?

EnigmaticFellow
October 19th, 2012, 06:04 PM
So the equivalent of cop can prove by PM quoting?

That would be the case.

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah, that seems pretty odd....

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah, that seems pretty odd....
Not just odd. It completely changes the way the game's played. This basically means that anyone is capable of proving which role they've been given with absolute certainty. If someone claims, the other will be able to quote their Role PM and prove their role.

Basically, instead of having to take their word for it, we can now demand proof of a Role from someone.

Reynel
October 19th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I don't know if this is a pro, because now mafia can have access to important roles demanding proof too.

Spinach
October 19th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Or, if EF decides to not really enforce anything, some people can take advantage of that.

Spinach, you are the God, once a night you can do anything you please, and after seven days you can recreate the game and dethrone me as the GM.

Also you are the most handsome player.

RR121
October 19th, 2012, 06:15 PM
As curious as it is, should we be talking during the night? I don't know if we're allowed to chat at night in the public area, are we?

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I don't know if this is a pro, because now mafia can have access to important roles demanding proof too.

What?

There is never any reason for a member of the town to lie about their role (although they do sometimes have a reason to say nothng), so the inability to do so favours the town massively.

EnigmaticFellow
October 19th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Not just odd. It completely changes the way the game's played. This basically means that anyone is capable of proving which role they've been given with absolute certainty. If someone claims, the other will be able to quote their Role PM and prove their role.

Basically, instead of having to take their word for it, we can now demand proof of a Role from someone.

You do know that quoted PMs can be easily faked, right?

- - - Updated - - -

As curious as it is, should we be talking during the night? I don't know if we're allowed to chat at night in the public area, are we?

You can talk during the night. Still can't edit or delete posts, though.

Reynel
October 19th, 2012, 06:17 PM
So we can't proof anything anyway...?

RR121
October 19th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Ah, cool beans. Also, Mike, sometimes members of the town lie because saying nothing in a mass claim can result in suspicion being drawn to you, so a power role might just lie and say he's a villager or something.

Even so, you're right about it helping the village. Not going to complain about it though, really.

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Actually, I've had a thought. If we can find anyone who is provably town, then we can get that person to PM everyone and ask what their roles are. So, if anyone has a role they can reveal and prove, then that would be very helpful indeed.

Spinach
October 19th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Or, you could be with the witches, and trying to lure an enemy player with a power role into an easy death.

RR121
October 19th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Actually, I've had a thought. If we can find anyone who is provably town, then we can get that person to PM everyone and ask what their roles are. So, if anyone has a role they can reveal and prove, then that would be very helpful indeed.

Yes, that's what we call "sending claims to the clear".

Welcome to mafia :P

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Ah, cool beans. Also, Mike, sometimes members of the town lie because saying nothing in a mass claim can result in suspicion being drawn to you, so a power role might just lie and say he's a villager or something.

Even so, you're right about it helping the village. Not going to complain about it though, really.

Yes, that is occasionally true, but it's rather dangerous (in a mass-claim situation, you probably want all the power roles revealed to narrow things down and prevent the Mafia falsely claiming one) and, even in that situation, they would only claim villager and not anything more exotic, meaning the mafia gains little from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, you could be with the witches, and trying to lure an enemy player with a power role into an easy death.

That's why I said someone who was provably town, rather than me specifically.

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Bloble, you are the Fortune Teller. You are able to read people's minds (see all their PMs) and see the future (only in the game, though, so don't even think of abusing the stock market). Thus, everything you say will inevitably come to pass.

Also, who's awesome? You're awesome.

I forsee a vast increase in the number of hilariously faked Role sheets in the near future.

Reynel
October 19th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I foun it funny that spinach avatar is a vampire (or witch?).

Satehi
October 19th, 2012, 06:23 PM
So, how many of each role is there supposed to be?

Or is that a secret?

Reynel
October 19th, 2012, 06:24 PM
find*

EnigmaticFellow
October 19th, 2012, 06:24 PM

Or is that a secret?

There is no role list.

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I forsee a vast increase in the number of hilariously faked Role sheets in the near future.

Yes, but the point is that that is not at all convincing and, thus, were you claiming that for real, you'd have been lynched in five seconds flat.

- - - Updated - - -

Or is that a secret?

It's secret. We don't currently know how many mafia there are, or what roles exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, my avatar is two witches :p

Spinach
October 19th, 2012, 06:27 PM
That's why I said someone who was provably town, rather than me specifically.

Oh, derp. I misread. Well, that seems like a solid plan, so long as EF keeps the specific power roles and their names a secret. Since nobody knows the specific number of each role, or what name the roles like the cop and the doctor have in this iteration, then anyone claiming using the previous mafia game's terminology could reasonably be assumed to be lying.

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 06:27 PM

He's a human vampire cosplaying as a witch. Thus, he's on the Vampire side while simultaneously pretending to be a witch pretending to be human, but jokes on you he's also a human pretending to be a vampire to not get killed by the vampire, pretending to be a witch to not get killed by the witches, and pretending to be human so he doesn't get lynched.

Also, he's apparently God so someone better kill him off before day 7 or we'll all get turned into vampire lolis.

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Oh, derp. I misread. Well, that seems like a solid plan, so long as EF keeps the specific power roles and their names a secret. Since nobody knows the specific number of each role, or what name the roles like the cop and the doctor have in this iteration, then anyone claiming using the previous mafia game's terminology could reasonably be assumed to be lying.

Well, even if they're not, if we get several claims for similar roles under different names, one of them is most likely lying....

Spinach
October 19th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Well, I'm running off to get something to eat, so if me not posting looks suspicious, it's because I'm gorging. Also, I support Mike's plan for the time being.

gesalt
October 19th, 2012, 06:38 PM
i get home from work and see this! dont really need a role list of the town side i suppose but i wonder if the vamp will have the power to actually turn people in this murdergame. that might get...complicated since it means we wont be able to rely overly on cop checks.

Reynel
October 19th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I have to leave my laptop for... like 16 hours or so, If I have to vote now,I choose:

​No Lynch

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Well, I'm running off to get something to eat, so if me not posting looks suspicious, it's because I'm gorging. Also, I support Mike's plan for the time being.

I support it as well, although it'll be difficult to even confirm that someone's a Townie unless we get some role claiming going on. The only reason Mike's Mad Cop claim worked in the previous game is because we had proof (in Blackstone's dead body) that he wasn't lying, and even then he could've been a Mafia who sold out his Godfather to get himself in with the Townies (he wasn't but it would be an awesome strategy if he was).

In short, the only way we can reasonably prove someone's a townie is by getting a cop to identify a Witch/DA and then lynch them, proving his claim. And the problem with that is that he's also going to be making himself a target by doing so, and he could still be a double agent sacrificing an ally to infiltrate the Townie ranks.

RR121
October 19th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Or worse, he could be wanting the cop to counter-claim, sacrificing himself in order to kill the cop early.

Spinach
October 19th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Phone posting so maybe typos.

@bloble
If the game has a doctor equivalent then they can abstain from claiming and just protect the cop.

- - - Updated - - -

Rr has a good point.

Yun
October 19th, 2012, 06:53 PM
GREETINGS MY FELLOW VILLAGERS!

Actually, I've had a thought. If we can find anyone who is provably town, then we can get that person to PM everyone and ask what their roles are. So, if anyone has a role they can reveal and prove, then that would be very helpful indeed.SALUTATIONS MY FELLOW CITIZEN! I BELIEVE I'M THE MAN YOU'VE HIRED FOR THE TASK AT HAND!

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 06:54 PM
SALUTATIONS MY FELLOW CITIZEN! I BELIEVE I'M THE MAN YOU'VE HIRED FOR THE TASK AT HAND!

Well, prove that you're town and we'll see....

Yun
October 19th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Well, prove that you're town and we'll see....I BEG YOUR PARDON MY GOOD SIR IF THIS SOUNDS RUDE BUT DID NOT THE VILLAGE HIRE ME TO MAKE PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS? WHAT MORE PROOF IS NEEDED?

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 07:01 PM
GREETINGS MY FELLOW VILLAGERS!
SALUTATIONS MY FELLOW CITIZEN! I BELIEVE I'M THE MAN YOU'VE HIRED FOR THE TASK AT HAND!

I think this guy's legit. Let's trust him.

I see no possible way this can go wrong.

Chaos Greyblood
October 19th, 2012, 07:10 PM
So, how do we receive our roles? Or do we occupy similar positions in the aristocracy?

Yun
October 19th, 2012, 07:13 PM
IT APPEARS THAT I'VE CAUGHT A COLD WOULD THE DOCTOR PLEASE ATTEND TO ME ON THIS CLOUDY NIGHT!

I think this guy's legit. Let's trust him.

I see no possible way this can go wrong.I DO SAY MY GOOD SIR YOUR SARCASM IS A POOR ATTEMPT TO INHIBIT ME FROM PERFORMING THE DUTIES OF MY PROFESSION!

Enhance
October 19th, 2012, 07:21 PM
[Lynch Mike1986]

Because I've sworn to do that in previous game.

Yun
October 19th, 2012, 07:31 PM
MIKE?

So, how do we receive our roles? Or do we occupy similar positions in the aristocracy?...I'M TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER YOUR THE FOOL OR SOMEONE TRYING TO GET OTHER PLAYERS TO VIEW YOU AS A NEWB, THIS ALSO RAISES THE QUESTION WHY YOU'D WANT TO DO SO?

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 07:34 PM
[Lynch Mike1986]

Because I've sworn to do that in previous game.

Who's this "Mike1986" guy? I'd like to lynch him too, since he's obviously impersonating me :p

Enhance
October 19th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I was writing from memory, no wonder.
It's probably your long lost twin brother, born in an accident with contraception and time travel.

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 07:43 PM
In all seriousness, we're still in the night phase and thus can't lynch anyone until it's day.

Secondly, I'm not gonna vote to lynch our best player without some compelling evidence.

Also, Yun, Chaos was like that in the first game to. So he's legitimately a noob and probably not faking.

Anyway, to answer his question:

Also, for those of you guys who did not get a role PM, you are a villager.

So if you didn't get a PM, you're probably a villager.

Enhance
October 19th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Secondly, I'm not gonna vote to lynch our best player without some compelling evidence.
Well, I sure am. Though I have the feeling EF might be trolling us and there could be like no mafia at all.

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Well, I sure am. Though I have the feeling EF might be trolling us and there could be like no mafia at all.

That would defeat the point of the game....

Satehi
October 19th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Beginning to suspect that EF gave Yun some unorthodox role which involves typing in all caps.

Yun
October 19th, 2012, 08:09 PM
In all seriousness, we're still in the night phase and thus can't lynch anyone until it's day.

Also, Yun, Chaos was like that in the first game to. So he's legitimately a noob and probably not faking.THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE CONSIDERING HE WAS THE DOCTOR LAST GAME THEREFORE HE RECEIVED A PM GIVING HIM A SPECIAL ROLE LAST GAME IE HE WAS THE DOCTOR.

So if you didn't get a PM, you're probably a villager.THAT IS CORRECT.

Well, I sure am. Though I have the feeling EF might be trolling us and there could be like no mafia at all.ACCORDING THE OP THERE ARE THREE FACTIONS THE VILLAGE, THE DEAD APOSTLE, AND THE WITCHES

Beginning to suspect that EF gave Yun some unorthodox role which involves typing in all caps.YOU WOULD BE CORRECT.

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 08:11 PM
THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE CONSIDERING HE WAS THE DOCTOR LAST GAME THEREFORE HE RECEIVED A PM GIVING HIM A SPECIAL ROLE LAST GAME IE HE WAS THE DOCTOR.
Which means you might've been right after all. It's highly likely he's just faking ineptitude to make himself look less threatening.

I kinda feel stupid for falling for it, actually.

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 08:11 PM
THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE CONSIDERING HE WAS THE DOCTOR LAST GAME THEREFORE HE RECEIVED A PM GIVING HIM A SPECIAL ROLE LAST GAME IE HE WAS THE DOCTOR.

Which explains why he would wonder why he didn't get a PM this time. I nearly asked the same question, but I read the post first and noticed that he said a normal villager wouldn't get a PM.

YOU WOULD BE CORRECT.

What role would that be, then...?

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Wait.

Now I'm confused.

So he's either faking ineptitude or skipped over the bit that said villagers don't get PMs, right?

Mike1984
October 19th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Wait.

Now I'm confused.

So he's either faking ineptitude or skipped over the bit that said villagers don't get PMs, right?

Yeah, basically. I can believe the second, though.

Spinach
October 19th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah, basically. I can believe the second, though.

Yeah, I think it's the second. I don't think Chaos is clever enough to brew up such a scheme, unless another mafia player put him up to it.

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I think it's the second. I don't think Chaos is clever enough to brew up such a scheme, unless another mafia player put him up to it.

Normally I'd agree, but I think underestimating people is a mistake none of us want to be making, so I'll continue being super paranoid about everything. Besides, this is BL. Everyone here's pretty much a master of Obfuscating Stupidity and is secretly a genius.

Spinach
October 19th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Normally I'd agree, but I think underestimating people is a mistake none of us want to be making, so I'll continue being super paranoid about everything. Besides, this is BL. Everyone here's pretty much a master of Obfuscating Stupidity and is secretly a genius.

Truth is that Chaos has kept up this persona since the old days just in case a Mafia game popped up, so that the other players would underestimate his wit.

What a fool I've been...

Chaos Greyblood
October 19th, 2012, 08:30 PM
What persona of mine could you be referring to? :3

Spinach
October 19th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Your refusal to acknowledge the majesty of sarcasm.

Yun
October 19th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Which means you might've been right after all. It's highly likely he's just faking ineptitude to make himself look less threatening.

I kinda feel stupid for falling for it, actually.YOUR CHANGE IN POSITION HAS BEEN NOTED.

Which explains why he would wonder why he didn't get a PM this time. I nearly asked the same question, but I read the post first and noticed that he said a normal villager wouldn't get a PM.THE ISSUE WITH THIS IS IT'S BEEN ASKED BEFORE AND WAS IN BOTH OPS.

What role would that be, then...?ISN'T THAT REALLY OBVIOUS?

Wait.

Now I'm confused.

So he's either faking ineptitude or skipped over the bit that said villagers don't get PMs, right?1)HE IS THE FOOL WHOSE OBJECTIVE IS TO BE LYNCHED 2)HE IS A VILLAGER WHO IS TRYING TO HIDE BY ACTING LIKE A NEWB 3)HE IS A WITCH OR THE DA TRYING TO HIDE BY ACTING AS A NEWB.

Yeah, basically. I can believe the second, though.IT IS CERTAINLY A POSSIBILITY.

Yeah, I think it's the second. I don't think Chaos is clever enough to brew up such a scheme, unless another mafia player put him up to it.WHY ARE YOU ASSUMING THERE ARE ANY MAFIA IN A NASUVERSE THEMED MAFIA GAME?

Truth is that Chaos has kept up this persona since the old days just in case a Mafia game popped up, so that the other players would underestimate his wit.

What a fool I've been...YOUR ATTEMPTS TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF THE DISCUSSION HAVE BEEN NOTED.

Spinach
October 19th, 2012, 08:36 PM
WHY ARE YOU ASSUMING THERE ARE ANY MAFIA IN A NASUVERSE THEMED MAFIA GAME?

Never underestimate the mafia.

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I can just picture a bunch of sharply dressed dudes busting down a DA's door, pointing their tommy-guns at him, with the lead one smoking a cigarette.

Then the lead one says: "Imma make you an offer you can't refuse, vamp."

And awesome ensues.

Chaos Greyblood
October 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM
"Say hello to mah little friend!!" BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM.

For shame, guys. No one ever saw Scarface?

Black Sword
October 19th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Since it's Night 0, I guess all we can do is sit and wait, huh? Broble, Enhance, let us go to ye olde local pub and drink until dawn! Surely nothing bad will happen to us, since everyone knows drunks are lucky!

Bloble
October 19th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Since it's Night 0, I guess all we can do is sit and wait, huh? Broble, Enhance, let us go to ye olde local pub and drink until dawn! Surely nothing bad will happen to us, since everyone knows drunks are lucky!

They can't murder all of us if we're drinking together all night!

Yun
October 19th, 2012, 10:15 PM
FOR THOSE IN THE THIRD THIRD ROW!

THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WAS PAID FOR BY LISTENERS LIKE YOU!
THANK YOU!

GREETING MY FELLOW CITIZENS THIS IS AN ANNOUNCEMENT MADE AT THE BEHEST OF EVERY CITIZEN SOME REQUESTED IT PUBLICLY, OTHER IN PRIVATE, AND MANY MORE WERE TOO SCARED TO SPEAK UP ABOUT THE HERETICAL WITCHES WHOM LIVE AMONGST US OR THE MONSTROSITIES WHOM PLAGUE THE DIRT PATHS AND STRAW HUTS OF OUR GLORIOUS VILLAGE!

I BESEECH THOSE THE COURAGE TO HELP US FIGHT THE HERETICS AND MONSTROSITIES PLAGUING OUR GLORIOUS VILLAGE TO STEP FORWARD AND AID THE INNOCENT IN THEIR TIME OF GREAT PERIL!

- YOUR LOCAL ANNOUNCER.

Black Sword
October 19th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Exactly! Alcohol is the ultimate protection against witches and Dead Ancestors!

Yun
October 19th, 2012, 10:41 PM
CITIZEN I ANNOUNCE WITH GREAT JOY THAT ONE INDIVIDUAL HAS ALREADY PLACED THEIR TRUST IN THIS DILIGENT STEWARD OF NEWS! IS THERE ANYONE ELSE BRAVE ENOUGH TO STEP FORWARD FOR THE GLORY OF OUR GLORIOUS VILLAGE?!

Reynel
October 19th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I could come back before going to bed, so, the only role apart from villager is the local announcer huh? I think we could assume thet the DA might be just one person that doesn't kill, but turns people in gouls or vampires or something making them part of their group. That would mean that there are more villager that might be target, or that a villager known to be villager might turn into a vampire. Since I don't know anything, I think this speculation might hel in day 0, right?

- - - Updated - - -

With my first assumption I meant the only roles known*

Also, the local announcer seems legit, but it also may be an important enemy role disguising with a ridicolous role, so I wont judge now.

RR121
October 19th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I'm not sure if Yun really has a role or is just insane. Either way, its a little funny.

Yun
October 20th, 2012, 12:10 AM
I could come back before going to bed, so, the only role apart from villager is the local announcer huh? I think we could assume thet the DA might be just one person that doesn't kill, but turns people in gouls or vampires or something making them part of their group. That would mean that there are more villager that might be target, or that a villager known to be villager might turn into a vampire. Since I don't know anything, I think this speculation might hel in day 0, right?

- - - Updated - - -

With my first assumption I meant the only roles known*

Also, the local announcer seems legit, but it also may be an important enemy role disguising with a ridicolous role, so I wont judge now.THE ISSUE WITH THAT CITIZEN IS THE DILIGENT COP OR OTHER LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WILL IN THE NOT TO DISTANT FUTURE WILL SEARCH MY RESIDENCE FOR ANYTHING THAT WOULD INDICATE THAT I'M A HERETIC OR UNDEAD MONSTROSITY, SO UNLESS I'M A GODFATHER IN A GAME THAT IS UNLIKELY TO HAVE MAFIA MEMBERS I'LL BE DISCOVERED AND PROMPTLY SENT TO THE FIERY PITS OF HELL!

I'm not sure if Yun really has a role or is just insane. Either way, its a little funny.I MERELY FULFILL MY DUTY AS THE ANNOUNCER AND A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN!

Raven2785
October 20th, 2012, 12:12 AM

would you mind if I joined you in your night of debauchery and drunken indiscretions?

Also, didn't notice this was up yet, I thought EF was just gonna call it Mafia II, whatever.

Night 0, can't do anything yet, I'm going to catch some ZZZZZZ, will probably post something before going to work endlessly tomorrow ;_;

Black Sword
October 20th, 2012, 12:17 AM
would you mind if I joined you in your night of debauchery and drunken indiscretions?

Also, didn't notice this was up yet, I thought EF was just gonna call it Mafia II, whatever.

Night 0, can't do anything yet, I'm going to catch some ZZZZZZ, will probably post something before going to work endlessly tomorrow ;_;

Sure, come along! The more the merrier!

Reynel
October 20th, 2012, 12:21 AM
So, if we have cops (or the equivalent?), would it be worthwhile to search for the local announcer? I think that, just by the possibility to be researched in the first night, the local announcer is pulling a big bet, so I recommend that if there are cops (or the like) they should investigate someone else (unless this is what the "local announcer" might want us to think?).
Or, he (she?) might want to lure the cop so the enemy knows who he/she is and finish him/her in the first night.
Either way, I think it is better to not investigate the local announcer now, so we don't waste the chance of the cop (if he/she is a villager) nor we risk him/her to reveal his identity.

Ace
October 20th, 2012, 12:32 AM
I agree with Reynel, Yun is way too obvious of a target. Cop equivalent should investigate someone else this night.

Black Sword
October 20th, 2012, 12:51 AM
I don't think disregarding Yun is wise. Fortune favors the bold, so it's entirely possible he's exploiting the logic we're employing, namely that something so obvious and brazen cannot possibly be what we're looking for. It buys him at least a night or two of practical immunity. If that's your strategy, I salute you, Yun. It's audacious and brilliant.

Reynel
October 20th, 2012, 12:55 AM
If that's your strategy, I salute you, Yun. It's audacious and brilliant.
It is just too good. We can't waste the investigation (if he/she is villager) nor risk the identity of the cop equivalent (if he/she is not).
Altough it may be different for the other teams...

Yun
October 20th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I don't think disregarding Yun is wise. Fortune favors the bold, so it's entirely possible he's exploiting the logic we're employing, namely that something so obvious and brazen cannot possibly be what we're looking for. It buys him at least a night or two of practical immunity. If that's your strategy, I salute you, Yun. It's audacious and brilliant.THE ISSUE WITH THAT LOGIC IS IF I WAS THE DA A NIGHT OR TWO WOULDN'T BE SUFFICIENT TO WIN THE GAME, IF I WAS A WITCH IT WOULD DEPEND ON WHETHER THE VICTORY CONDITION IS ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS OR AS A TEAM IN ADDITION TO WHATEVER SPECIAL ABILITIES THEY HAVE, AND FINALLY TYPING IN CAPS LOCK SUCKS! THIS IS ASSUMING VIGILANTE/SERIAL KILLER OR WHOMEVER ELSE THAT CAN NIGHT KILL DOESN'T MURDER ME IN A MOST GRUESOME MANNER WHILE I STOCKILY CONTINUE MY REPORT OF THE MORNING ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Reynel
October 20th, 2012, 01:10 AM
That is a super cool role! You are nobody really important, everybody wants to target you, but no one can! (Assuming the role is real and it is only to make announcements and CAPSLOCK).

Well, I'll be off at least until 8-10 hours for now, since I have the biological need to sleep. Fortunately, tomorrow is SATURDAY!

SeiKeo
October 20th, 2012, 01:10 AM
What the fuck.

Chaos Greyblood
October 20th, 2012, 02:14 AM
I'm gonna be away for most of Saturday, so the best I can do is being able to do this later in the evening.

But yeah, I don't think it's a good idea to just kill off Yun. Try someone else who's more suspicious.

Spinach
October 20th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Is anyone even suspicious though?

Enhance
October 20th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Great idea, Black_Sword! Count me in for drinking.

Raven2785
October 20th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Yup, I agree with Chaos here, Yun is not suspicious enough to warrant a kill this early in the game, we'll see about later but now? not seeing any evidence of guilt.

Also since I'm gonna be of the computer for most of the day I shall leave my vote in case something is decided while I'm not here

I vote No Lynch

Enhance
October 20th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I stand by my vote to [Lynch Mike1984]

Satehi
October 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Guys, what are you doing, it's still the night phase. Can't lynch anyone yet.

Black Sword
October 20th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Look, Schtat, we been drinkin'. We can't be held respinsi... responso... liable for wha we do or shay 'til after we sober up.

RR121
October 20th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Would you like a pick-me-up? *holds out pepper spray threateningly*

Reynel
October 20th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Look, Schtat, we been drinkin'. We can't be held respinsi... responso... liable for wha we do or shay 'til after we sober up.

Would you like a pick-me-up? *holds out pepper spray threateningly*
I hate being the designated driver!

Chaos Greyblood
October 20th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Well, I'd better get to dry cleaning to get my brother's clothes and then I'll be gone for most of the day due to a convention. I'll think of something later.

Enhance
October 20th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Well, night's suppose... supposi... suppa... supe... probably gotta end in 3 hours eh?

Black Sword
October 20th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Yah, wha you said. s'all good, cuz the booze keeps us safe!

RR121
October 20th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Well, the booze party ends in 3 minutes or so, so sober up.

Mike1984
October 20th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Hmm, what's happened to this game?

RR121
October 20th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Enigmatic should have moved the game forward by now, Mike, I'm guessing he's late or something. I haven't seen him.

Mike1984
October 20th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I guess....

EnigmaticFellow
October 20th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah guys, shit happened. The update will occur shortly after I send in the PMs and get day 1 written up. Sorry for the delay.

Fingolfin
October 20th, 2012, 08:36 PM
THE ISSUE WITH THAT CITIZEN IS THE DILIGENT COP OR OTHER LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WILL IN THE NOT TO DISTANT FUTURE WILL SEARCH MY RESIDENCE FOR ANYTHING THAT WOULD INDICATE THAT I'M A HERETIC OR UNDEAD MONSTROSITY, SO UNLESS I'M A GODFATHER IN A GAME THAT IS UNLIKELY TO HAVE MAFIA MEMBERS I'LL BE DISCOVERED AND PROMPTLY SENT TO THE FIERY PITS OF HELL!
I MERELY FULFILL MY DUTY AS THE ANNOUNCER AND A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN!

I like this guy.

Yun for El Presidente. Yes or no?

Bloble
October 20th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I like this guy.

I'd vote for him.

The most Legit candidate.

EnigmaticFellow
October 20th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Day 1

After an exceptionally long night, you all wake up and head to the village square. Upon looking at your numbers, you notice that Spinach was killed by an unnatural blast which went through his armor.

Dear Spinach, you are the Knight.

A veteran of the crusades, you are an honor-bound knight who will protect the people from the threat that threatens your village.

Once a night, you may PM EnigmaticFellow with the title being 'Protect [USER]' with [USER] being a living player in the game. This action will protect the target from all murder attempts in that night. Since you are honor-bound, you cannot protect yourself.

You win if the Village is the last faction standing.

Well, that's not good. Those damn witches will pay for sure!

But before you guys had a chance to act upon anything else, the town crier has this to say.

GREETING CITIZEN THE TIME 12: 00 AND THIS IS YOUR NIGHTLY NEWS FOR THE FIRST OF MANY UNEVENTFUL NIGHTS! YES NOTHING WORTH ANNOUNCING HAS OCCURRED ON THIS UNEVENTFUL NIGHT! YET WE MUST BE EVER VIGILANT AGAINST THE HERETICAL WITCHES AND UNDEAD ABOMINATIONS!

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING AND WITH THAT I BID YOU FAREWELL AND GOODNIGHT!
THE ANNOUNCER IE YUN

WHY MUST YOU IGNORE MY QUESTIONS MIKE?

With the conclusion of the message, everyone starts discussing amongst themselves about who to lynch for today.

RR121
October 20th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hm....

Mike1984
October 20th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Well, crap, we lost the doctor....

Also, Yun, what questions? And, why did you ignore my question in the PM?

Bloble
October 20th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I'm wondering if losing the doctor is somehow worse than losing the cop.

On one hand, no protection. On the other, the doctor never successfully protected anyone last game so it might not really affect anything.

Satehi
October 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM
The cop is definitely more important than the doctor, IMO.

The doctor is only useful if he manages to choose the exact same target that the mafia chooses. The cop can actually find out who is confirmed village and who is scum.

Mike1984
October 20th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Well, losing the doctor means that the cop can't claim without dying. And, it also means that any other power role is unprotected.

- - - Updated - - -

Satehi is basically right, though, losing the cop is probably worse. It does depend on what roles we have, though.

Bloble
October 20th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I think it's safe to assume that the cop exists in some form if the doctor existed as a Knight.

The knight's description was kinda funny, actually. I was wondering if his 'no self protection' rule was really because of morals and not because Spin's just a masochist. :p

EnigmaticFellow
October 20th, 2012, 09:32 PM
The knight's description was kinda funny, actually. I was wondering if his 'no self protection' rule was really because of morals and not because Spin's just a masochist. :p

That's for you to decide.

Mike1984
October 20th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Well, anyway, we should consider what to do here.

I'm not at all convinced we should just no-lynch, we'll only end up losing more villagers, but we need to work out who would be worth lynching.

Chaos could potentially be a good bet, since we know that he's either Mafia or a villager (and, thus, we won't lose a power role), but I'm not sure enough to vote for him just yet.

Yun
October 20th, 2012, 09:38 PM
MY FELLOW CITIZEN WHAT COURSE OF ACTION SHALL WE UNDERTAKE TO ERADICATE THE HEATHENS AND UNDEAD ABOMINATION BESIEGING OUR GLORIOUS VILLAGE?!

I like this guy.

I'd vote for him.

The most Legit candidate.YOUR SARCASM IS NOTED MY FELLOW CITIZENS!

Day 1

After an exceptionally long night, you all wake up and head to the village square. Upon looking at your numbers, you notice that Spinach was killed by an unnatural blast which went through his armor.IT IS A RED DAWN INDEED!

Well, that's not good. Those damn witches will pay for sure!PURGE THE HEATHENS WITH FIRE!

Hm....

Well, crap, we lost the doctor....THE LOSS OF SUCH A POWERFUL ALLY IS AS YOU SAY A PIERCING BLOW TO ALL FREE PEOPLE!

Also, Yun, what questions? And, why did you ignore my question in the PM?HOW DO I PROVE THAT I AM ALIGNED INDEED THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE AND WHY YOU WISH DO KNOW OF THE SPECIFICS OF MY DUTIES?!

I'm wondering if losing the doctor is somehow worse than losing the cop.NAH MY GOOD CITIZEN BUT IT IS A GRIEVOUS BLOW NONETHELESS!

On one hand, no protection. On the other, the doctor never successfully protected anyone last game so it might not really affect anything.DO NOT FORGET THAT THERE MAY BE MORE SERVANTS OF OUR GLORIOUS VILLAGE WILLING TO PROTECT THE GOD FEARING CITIZENS OF OUR GLORIOUS VILLAGE!

Raven2785
October 20th, 2012, 09:41 PM

I'm not at all convinced we should just no-lynch, we'll only end up losing more villagers, but we need to work out who would be worth lynching.

Chaos could potentially be a good bet, since we know that he's either Mafia or a villager (and, thus, we won't lose a power role), but I'm not sure enough to vote for him just yet.

I agree, we need to start lynching but we need to do it smartly, now why would you want to start with Chaos, what is your rationale apart of "He's either Mafia or a villager" because while villagers are not power roles we don't want to give the witches or the DAA an advantage by simply killing our own villagers as well.

Mike1984
October 20th, 2012, 09:48 PM
HOW DO I PROVE THAT I AM ALIGNED INDEED THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE

Quote your role PM....

AND WHY YOU WISH DO KNOW OF THE SPECIFICS OF MY DUTIES?!

So I can tell if you're a villager. I wouldn't necessarily assume that the Magic Association is incapable of usurping the role of a town crier....

I agree, we need to start lynching but we need to do it smartly, now why would you want to start with Chaos, what is your rationale apart of "He's either Mafia or a villager" because while villagers are not power roles we don't want to give the witches or the DAA an advantage by simply killing our own villagers as well.

Because of the "or Mafia" bit, of course. Obviously, lynching a villager is not a good thing, but it's better than lynching (or forcing to reveal) a power role, and we know for certain that Chaos is not one of them.

Also, I didn't actually vote for him, because I'm not convinced he's mafia at all. I was just suggesting it as a first idea.

Bloble
October 20th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Actually, we do know at least something. If we assume the cop exists, we know the identity of at least one actual person.

Now, the trouble with the cop just saying who they investigated is, as Mike pointed out, that we can't have him reveal himself because doc bit the dust.

So I say we use Mike's original plan. Have the cop tell those he trusts as Townies the results of his decision, and that person will use or spread that info without revealing the cop's identity.

Of course I vote Yun for the trustworthy one, since as previously mentioned he is obviously the most LegitTM one.

Mike1984
October 20th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah, if I had to pick a trustworthy townie, I'd go for Yun, but we can't be 100% sure that it's not a trick. Honestly, I'd like him to reveal his role PM before we confirm that, or at least reveal it to some of us.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see what we really lose by having him do so, the Mafia already knows he's the "town crier", and I also suspect he has some sort of immunity to being killed, or something.

Yun
October 20th, 2012, 10:19 PM

I'm not at all convinced we should just no-lynch, we'll only end up losing more villagers, but we need to work out who would be worth lynching.THIS IS A REASONABLE ASSESSMENT CITIZEN!

Chaos could potentially be a good bet, since we know that he's either Mafia or a villager (and, thus, we won't lose a power role), but I'm not sure enough to vote for him just yet.WHAT ARE THESE "MAFIA" THAT YOU SPEAK OF? ARE THEY A COVEN OF WITCHES OR THE NICKNAME OF THE UNDEAD ABOMINATION ASSAILING OUR GLORIOUS VILLAGE? FURTHERMORE HOW CAN YOUR BE CERTAIN HE IS CONFINED TO THESE FACTIONS?

I agree, we need to start lynching but we need to do it smartly, now why would you want to start with Chaos, what is your rationale apart of "He's either Mafia or a villager" because while villagers are not power roles we don't want to give the witches or the DAA an advantage by simply killing our own villagers as well.THIS CITIZEN SPEAKS WISELY!

Yeah, if I had to pick a trustworthy townie, I'd go for Yun, but we can't be 100% sure that it's not a trick. Honestly, I'd like him to reveal his role PM before we confirm that, or at least reveal it to some of us.I THANK YOU FOR YOUR TRUST IN THIS HUMBLE BEARER OF GOOD FORTUNE AND BAD FORTUNE! ALAS THAT I MUST NOTE THAT FOR A SMALL FORTUNE THAT IT IS A SIMPLE MATTER TO FORGE OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see what we really lose by having him do so, the Mafia already knows he's the "town crier", and I also suspect he has some sort of immunity to being killed, or something.IF THE VILLAGE AS A WHOLE WISHES FOR ME TO REVEAL MY OFFICIAL RECORD I SHALL DO SO AT ONCE! BUT... NAH I'VE SAID ENOUGH ON THIS MATTER!

Mike1984
October 20th, 2012, 10:24 PM
FURTHERMORE HOW CAN YOUR BE CERTAIN HE IS CONFINED TO THESE FACTIONS?

Well, he asked why he didn't get a PM, which means he either didn't get one (in which case he's a villager), or he is lying (in which case he's almost certainly Mafia).

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR TRUST IN THIS HUMBLE BEARER OF GOOD FORTUNE AND BAD FORTUNE! ALAS THAT I MUST NOTE THAT FOR A SMALL FORTUNE THAT IT IS A SIMPLE MATTER TO FORGE OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS!

Well, yes, but we can detect forgeries, particularly in the case of those of us with power roles....

IF THE VILLAGE AS A WHOLE WISHES FOR ME TO REVEAL MY OFFICIAL RECORD I SHALL DO SO AT ONCE! BUT... NAH I'VE SAID ENOUGH ON THIS MATTER!

Well, OK. I would suggest that you do so before the cop hands you his identity and investigations, though....

Raven2785
October 20th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Well, he asked why he didn't get a PM, which means he either didn't get one (in which case he's a villager), or he is lying (in which case he's almost certainly Mafia)

Ok, now your suggestion makes more sense, this is what I meant by what is you rationale, that does mean we got a 50/50 chance with him and he has no power role if this is true.

But that's still not good enough of a reason to lynch him, we need to dig up more dirt, find something more incriminating.

Yun
October 20th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Well, he asked why he didn't get a PM, which means he either didn't get one (in which case he's a villager), or he is lying (in which case he's almost certainly Mafia).AH THAT FACT HAD SLIPPED FROM MY MEMORY THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME! WHAT SHALL WE DO ABOUT IT THEN?

Well, OK. I would suggest that you do so before the cop hands you his identity and investigations, though....THAT WOULD BE UP TO THE OFFICER OF THE LAW BUT I HAVE MY REASONS FOR NOT REVEALING MY LETTER OF APPOINTMENT!

Bloble
October 20th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Ok, now your suggestion makes more sense, this is what I meant by what is you rationale, that does mean we got a 50/50 chance with him and he has no power role if this is true.

But that's still not good enough of a reason to lynch him, we need to dig up more dirt, find something more incriminating.

That is truly not good enough reason, but the simple fact of the matter is that we have little to nothing at the moment. The cop can't say anything outright because they risk being killed in the night, and we don't have an insane cop who's useless after identifying the Godfather.

The only reason Mike wasn't killed first game is because he was essentially an ordinary villager after he identified Blackstone, and thus useless to the Mafia, whilst here the cop is always a threat to the Witches and the DA, all the time.

The Mafia will be going after power roles, so we can't afford to reveal them at all since the Knight's dead. Basically, we're at an impasse, and the cop should only reveal himself if he can identify multiple people as Witches or Vampires, as the two for one trade will benefit us even if when the cop gets killed in retaliation.

Thus, we're forced to act blind. At this point, we can either lynch Chaos, as he might be a mafia, or lynch no one. I'm personally leaning towards lynching him, but I'll wait to see if anyone's got a better idea before voting.

Black Sword
October 20th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I just want to point out that Bloble, Enhance, Raven2785 and I are all still alive. Our drunkard strategy clearly worked, so I say... BROS! LET US DRINK AGAIN TONIGHT!

Also, I do find something suspicious. Remember how a few pages back Yun posted this?

FOR THOSE IN THE THIRD THIRD ROW!

THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WAS PAID FOR BY LISTENERS LIKE YOU!
THANK YOU!

GREETING MY FELLOW CITIZENS THIS IS AN ANNOUNCEMENT MADE AT THE BEHEST OF EVERY CITIZEN SOME REQUESTED IT PUBLICLY, OTHER IN PRIVATE, AND MANY MORE WERE TOO SCARED TO SPEAK UP ABOUT THE HERETICAL WITCHES WHOM LIVE AMONGST US OR THE MONSTROSITIES WHOM PLAGUE THE DIRT PATHS AND STRAW HUTS OF OUR GLORIOUS VILLAGE!

I BESEECH THOSE THE COURAGE TO HELP US FIGHT THE HERETICS AND MONSTROSITIES PLAGUING OUR GLORIOUS VILLAGE TO STEP FORWARD AND AID THE INNOCENT IN THEIR TIME OF GREAT PERIL!

- YOUR LOCAL ANNOUNCER.

Then he posted this -

CITIZEN I ANNOUNCE WITH GREAT JOY THAT ONE INDIVIDUAL HAS ALREADY PLACED THEIR TRUST IN THIS DILIGENT STEWARD OF NEWS! IS THERE ANYONE ELSE BRAVE ENOUGH TO STEP FORWARD FOR THE GLORY OF OUR GLORIOUS VILLAGE?!

Could it really be coincidence that someone trusted their role to him on the first night, and then we all wake up to Spin's corpse? We should be very cautious, me thinks.

Enhance
October 20th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Alright, now that I've sobered up and it's daytime, [Lynch Mike1984] already. I have a gut feeling he's a mafia.

And if he's not it's still fun.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. To black sword: Fuck yeah for drinking strategy!

Raven2785
October 20th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I just want to point out that Bloble, Enhance, Raven2785 and I are all still alive. Our drunkard strategy clearly worked, so I say... BROS! LET US DRINK AGAIN TONIGHT!

Also, I do find something suspicious. Remember how a few pages back Yun posted this?

Then he posted this -

Could it really be coincidence that someone trusted their role to him on the first night, and then we all wake up to Spin's corpse? We should be very cautious, me thinks.

Let us drink and be merry then! YO, HO, HO, and a bottle of Rum!

Bloble
October 20th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Aye! This bottle of brew saved our lives tonight, men! Now let's drink to our continued survival, after which we'll drink to make sure we're safe for another night!

And we shall thus surely enter an endless recursion of beer!

and i refuse to believe that yun is suspicious

he is legit

legit i tell you

Chaos Greyblood
October 20th, 2012, 11:44 PM
That's true, isn't it? I wonder how will things will play out beyond Spinach's death with this vote of confidence given to Yun.

Black Sword
October 20th, 2012, 11:45 PM
An endless recursion of booze it is! To our continued survival! Bottoms up!

Chaos Greyblood
October 20th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Well, that's going to be a sweet deal, isn't it?

RR121
October 21st, 2012, 12:49 AM
An endless recursion of booze it is! To our continued survival! Bottoms up!

What kind of booze you got? I'd like in.

Black Sword
October 21st, 2012, 01:00 AM
We drink the finest rotgut at the local establishment! Loads of moonshine and local beer brews!

Reynel
October 21st, 2012, 01:10 AM
We drink the finest rotgut at the local establishment! Loads of moonshine and local beer brews!
Wait, we need to be sober at least during the day!

Well, let's see if I got this right, so chaos is a suspect for not noticing (yeah, sure...) the first post...?

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 09:19 AM
THAT WOULD BE UP TO THE OFFICER OF THE LAW BUT I HAVE MY REASONS FOR NOT REVEALING MY LETTER OF APPOINTMENT!

OK, fair enough. The question is whether those "reasons" involve firing gandr bolts or sucking blood....

That is truly not good enough reason, but the simple fact of the matter is that we have little to nothing at the moment. The cop can't say anything outright because they risk being killed in the night, and we don't have an insane cop who's useless after identifying the Godfather.

The only reason Mike wasn't killed first game is because he was essentially an ordinary villager after he identified Blackstone, and thus useless to the Mafia, whilst here the cop is always a threat to the Witches and the DA, all the time.

The Mafia will be going after power roles, so we can't afford to reveal them at all since the Knight's dead. Basically, we're at an impasse, and the cop should only reveal himself if he can identify multiple people as Witches or Vampires, as the two for one trade will benefit us even if when the cop gets killed in retaliation.

Thus, we're forced to act blind. At this point, we can either lynch Chaos, as he might be a mafia, or lynch no one. I'm personally leaning towards lynching him, but I'll wait to see if anyone's got a better idea before voting.

Yeah, this, basically. Sure, we don't know he is Mafia, but he's currently our best lead.

Wait, we need to be sober at least during the day!

Well, let's see if I got this right, so chaos is a suspect for not noticing (yeah, sure...) the first post...?

He's a suspect for claiming to not notice it, and therefore making an "accidental" claim to be a villager.

RR121
October 21st, 2012, 01:52 PM
Well, as I see it, we have two main options, either No-Lynching, or lynching someone we suspect. Now, granted, doing the latter has a high probability of hitting a villager rather than scum, but we have mislynches to spare, so as long as we don't hit a power role, we're fine. Normally, I'd tell Yun to lead, but it seems many people don't trust him yet, and given that the rules are....um....uncertain, we might be better off making our own decisions.

Honestly, we can spare villagers. We can't spare power roles though. The issue at hand is whether or not Chaos was "lying" with his "Didn't real the first post" thing, and if so, whether he was lying to hide a power role, or lying to hide being scum.

Chaos Greyblood
October 21st, 2012, 03:37 PM
What's this about me hiding something bad? You can't lose or you can't hide what you don't got.

Satehi
October 21st, 2012, 03:58 PM
I don't think Chaos was lying. It's quite possible that I'm wrong, but I can honestly believe that he didn't read the first post, judging by his actions in the last game where he similarly didn't read that the night had begun.

Reynel
October 21st, 2012, 04:01 PM
So, what do we do? we lynch Chaos, or we let this one go and start again from other approach?

Yun
October 21st, 2012, 04:06 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IT IS TIME TO DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES WHETHER YOU ARE WILLING TO TRUST ME OR NOT BECAUSE I'LL PROBABLY BE KILLED DURING NIGHT 1 AND UNABLE TO HELP US WIN THE GAME, ALTHOUGH ALL YOU HAVE IS MY WORD ON THIS I BEG EVERYONE TO HONESTLY REVEAL THEIR ROLES TO ME VIA PM SO THE VILLAGE FACTION CAN GET A WINNING STREAK GOING!

ADDITIONALLY THE SPECIAL ROLE WHOM I MENTIONED ON NIGHT 0 IS STILL ALIVE ERGO I'D LIKE TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE INDIVIDUAL IS TELLING THE TRUTH OR NOT.

OK, fair enough. The question is whether those "reasons" involve firing gandr bolts or sucking blood.......FUCK IT I WAS TRYING TO AVOID DOING THIS BUT I'LL REVEAL MY ROLE PM. ALSO IF ANYONE IS A BODYGUARD OR AN EQUIVALENT TO THAT ROLE PLEASE GUARD ME TONIGHT.

Dear Yun, you are the Town Crier.

A man with a job, you make declarations upon the happenings of the day.

Once a night, you may PM EnigmaticFellow with the title being 'Giving a message'. The body of the PM will be posted for all to see on the next day. Also, you must post in ALL CAPS else you will get fired and kicked out of the village - what amounts to a death sentence.

You win if the Village is the last faction standing.
MY VAGUENESS AND HESITANCE WAS AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE WITCHES AND DA HESITATE DUE TO THE UNKNOWN AFTER ALL WHAT IS MORE SCARY THAN UNCERTAINTY?

Yeah, this, basically. Sure, we don't know he is Mafia, but he's currently our best lead.ACTUALLY HE ISN'T OUR BEST LEAD IMO.

He's a suspect for claiming to not notice it, and therefore making an "accidental" claim to be a villager.TRUE ENOUGH.

Well, as I see it, we have two main options, either No-Lynching, or lynching someone we suspect. Now, granted, doing the latter has a high probability of hitting a villager rather than scum, but we have mislynches to spare, so as long as we don't hit a power role, we're fine. Normally, I'd tell Yun to lead, but it seems many people don't trust him yet, and given that the rules are....um....uncertain, we might be better off making our own decisions. SO IS THAT ENOUGH FOR PEOPLE TO TRUST ME WITH THEIR INFORMATION?

Honestly, we can spare villagers. We can't spare power roles though. The issue at hand is whether or not Chaos was "lying" with his "Didn't real the first post" thing, and if so, whether he was lying to hide a power role, or lying to hide being scum.GOING BY THAT LOGIC WE HAVE AN EVEN BETTER LEAD THAN CHAOS WHICH IS MIKE1984.

LET'S LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE.

1)HE WAS THE 2ND PERSON TO NOTE THAT GOING BY HIS AVATAR COULD BE CONSIDERED WITCHES.
2)HE HAS IMPLIED HIS ROLE IN THE FOLLOWING POST WITHOUT ACTUALLY STATING IT MEANING PLAYERS WILL UNCONSCIOUSLY ASSOCIATE HIM WITH THE VILLAGE FACTION WHETHER OR NOT THIS IS TRUE IS IRRELEVANT BECAUSE THE ROLE HE IS IMPLIED TO BE IS VILLAGER .

Which explains why he would wonder why he didn't get a PM this time. I nearly asked the same question, but I read the post first and noticed that he said a normal villager wouldn't get a PM.
3) BOTH HIM AND BLOBLE HAVE BEEN LEANING TOWARD LYNCHING CHAOS WITHOUT ACTUALLY INITIATING THE VOTE, PERHAPS IT'S TO AVOID THE SUSPICION THE COMES WITH BEING THE FIRST PERSON TO CAST THEIR VOTE ON AN INNOCENT LYNCH?
4)HE CHANGED HIS STANCE FROM BEING WILLING TO EXCUSE CHAOS'S ACTION TO AGREEING WITH THE CONSENSUS THAT CHAOS IS "SUSPICIONS" WITHOUT EVEN NOTING HIS PREVIOUS POSITION.
5)HE HAS BEEN CAUTIONING PLAYERS AGAINST REVEALING INFORMATION TO MYSELF UNTIL I REVEAL MY ROLE PM WHICH IS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE FAKED RELATIVELY EASILY. FURTHERMORE EVEN WHEN HE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT CAN BE FAKED HE CAUTIONS PLAYER TO NOT TRUST ME AS IF HE IS AFRAID OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN WERE THAT TO OCCUR.
6)I CAN LIST MORE IF YOU WISH ME TO DO SO.

THEREFORE I VOTE TO LYNCH MIKE1984

Chaos Greyblood
October 21st, 2012, 04:13 PM
At this time, I think I can trust Yun. Otherwise, who's gonna tell us all the annoucements and all that? Does everyone really want to start stabbing in the dark right now?

Satehi
October 21st, 2012, 04:16 PM
I'm... not sure how his avatar has anything to do with it?

It would also be nice if you could list more reasons.

Reynel
October 21st, 2012, 04:16 PM
IF ANYONE IS A BODYGUARD OR AN EQUIVALENT TO THAT ROLE PLEASE GUARD ME TONIGHT.
We had one, called "The Knight".

Enhance
October 21st, 2012, 04:22 PM
THEREFORE I VOTE TO LYNCH MIKE1984

Finally someone agrees! Lynch him yey!

Satehi
October 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM
There could be a second role similar to that one. Not very likely, given our amount of players, but there are two anti-village factions present in this game IIRC (witches + DA), so there might be one around.

Speaking of which, we didn't get any notice about what the DA did that night.

gesalt
October 21st, 2012, 04:30 PM
There could be a second role similar to that one. Not very likely, given our amount of players, but there are two anti-village factions present in this game IIRC (witches + DA), so there might be one around.

Speaking of which, we didn't get any notice about what the DA did that night.
Which makes me wonder if he either abstained or turned someone. As has been said, if the DA can turn people we're in for a hard time.

RR121
October 21st, 2012, 04:39 PM
Which makes me wonder if he either abstained or turned someone. As has been said, if the DA can turn people we're in for a hard time.

That would suck. A lot. We'll see next night, if we see a second death, we can be reasonably assured that the DA abstained or was blocked somehow.

Yun
October 21st, 2012, 04:44 PM
SOME OF THIS IS PURE SPECULATION BUT I MIGHT AS WELL THROUGH IT OUT THERE WHILE I'M ALIVE.

At this time, I think I can trust Yun. Otherwise, who's gonna tell us all the annoucements and all that? Does everyone really want to start stabbing in the dark right now?THE ROLEPLAYING WAS AN ATTEMPT FOR ME TO STAY ALIVE VIA THE WITCHES AND DA BEING AMUSED AT MY ANTICS. ALSO I COULD DO MUCH BETTER WITH SOME INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT PLAYERS ARE CLAIMING TO BE BECAUSE MY CURRENT LYNCH IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN EDUCATED GUESS.

I'm... not sure how his avatar has anything to do with it?

It would also be nice if you could list more reasons.IT ISN'T THE AVATAR ITSELF SO MUCH AS THE CONVERSATION AROUND IT WHICH TAKES PLACE BUT IT WOULD APPEAR THAT I WAS MISREMEMBERING THE EXACT CONVERSATION ERGO IT ACTUALLY MAKES REYNEL MORE SUSPICIOUS FROM IT THAN MIKE. SEVERAL OF THE OTHER REASONS I'M CURRENTLY REFRAINING DUE TO THEM HAVING CONSEQUENCES WHICH I DON'T CARE FOR.

HM DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GO AHEAD IN STATE THE SPECIAL ROLE WHICH SOMEONE CLAIMED TO BE?(OBVIOUSLY NOT WHO IT IS AND IF THE PERSON IN QUESTION DOES NOT WISH FOR ME TO REVEAL IT PM ME PLEASE)

We had one, called "The Knight".NO HE WAS LIKELY THE DOCTOR EQUIVALENT DUE TO HIM BEING ABLE TO PROTECT ONE PERSON FROM ALL MURDER ATTEMPTS NOT MERELY ONE WHICH IS HOW THE BODYGUARD USUALLY WORKS.

Finally someone agrees! Lynch him yey!MY SUPPORT OF LYNCHING HIM IS BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST AVAILABLE TARGET WHICH ISN'T A COMPLETE STAB IN THE DARK.

There could be a second role similar to that one. Not very likely, given our amount of players, but there are two anti-village factions present in this game IIRC (witches + DA), so there might be one around.THAT IS CORRECT.

Speaking of which, we didn't get any notice about what the DA did that night....HE IS PROBABLY A CULTIST LEADER TYPE ROLE WHO EITHER DOESN'T HAVE A KILL, CAN ONLY KILL AFTER DAY X, CAN ONLY KILL ON EVEN OR ODD DAYS, OR CAN ONLY HAVE HIS MINIONS VOTE FOR A KILL.

TypeWannabe
October 21st, 2012, 05:03 PM
That's a bullshit role. Why the fuck would EF make a role whose SOLE PURPOSE is to make messages, that, as people have already seen if they noticed it, aren't even guranteed to be true?

RR121
October 21st, 2012, 05:11 PM
That's a bullshit role. Why the fuck would EF make a role whose SOLE PURPOSE is to make messages, that, as people have already seen if they noticed it, aren't even guranteed to be true?

Hold a second. Are nonparticipants allowed to peanut gallery here?

TypeWannabe
October 21st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Probably not, no, even though Leopard Bear did it in the last thread but I don't think that guy cares much about anything, but the sheer uselessness of such a role made me quip up.

SeiKeo
October 21st, 2012, 05:18 PM
I never say anything of import, I doubt my comments made a difference.

Chaos Greyblood
October 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Okaaaaay, I think we have a bit of a mindscrew here. I wonder how things will turn out for the night.

Yun
October 21st, 2012, 06:04 PM
Probably not, no, even though Leopard Bear did it in the last thread but I don't think that guy cares much about anything, but the sheer uselessness of such a role made me quip up.WE MAY VERY WELL BE PLAYING A BASTARD MOD VERSION OF MAFIA CONSIDERING THE LIMITATION PLACED UPON MY ROLE MAKE IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT OTHER ROLES HAVE LIMITATIONS PLACED UPON THEM.

NOW FOR SOME SPECULATION ON WHAT THE OP POST MEANS WHICH I SHOULD HAVE DONE ON NIGHT 0.

With many shouts of heretic from the masses, yet another witch was burned at the stake, the spoils of yet another successful witch hunt.

Dear Typewannabe, you are a Transfigurer.
A witch with an understanding of transformative thaumaturgies, you can use your powers to aid you and your sisters.

Once a night, you may PM EnigmaticFellow with a PM with the title being 'Turn [USER] into a black cat' with [USER] being a living player in the game. This action will prevent the transformed target from performing an action for the night.

You win if the Coven is the last faction standing.THERE ARE TWO VERY IMPORTANT THINGS THAT CAN BE GLEENED FROM THIS SPECIAL ROLE DESCRIPTION OF HERETIC #1. THE FIRST OF WHICH IS THAT EACH WITCH HAS A INDIVIDUAL SPECIALTY MEANING IF WE BURN THE WITCH WHOM SPECIALIZES IN MURDER WE'LL BE IN A SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING. THE SECOND IS THAT IT'S HIGHLY UNLIKELY THAT THE COVEN POSSESS A BLOCKER DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY'VE ALREADY LOST ONE.

That's another witch down, but the villagers knows that yet more need be put down in order to cleanse this town of heretics. After all, God has punished them for allowing such heretics into their town by unleashing a vampire amongst them. So in order to appease their all-mighty father, they must rid their village of all heretics, witches and vampires alike.

Meanwhile, the witches - a persecuted group of magi knowledgeable in the arts of witchcraft - must fight off the village which hunts them down as well as the dead apostle which prey upon all humans.PERHAPS THE COVEN HAS A LOT OF REACTIONARY SPECIAL ABILITIES?

And of course, the dead apostle wishes to use this village to sate his unquenchable thirst.THE DA PROBABLY MUST ATTACK SOMEONE EVERY NIGHT BUT PERHAPS AS THE FIRST NIGHT DEMONSTRATED HE POSSESS A CHANCE TO TURN THE TARGET INSTEAD OF KILLING THEM? LIKE SAY A 50/50% OR 75/25%?

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 06:09 PM
Honestly, we can spare villagers. We can't spare power roles though. The issue at hand is whether or not Chaos was "lying" with his "Didn't real the first post" thing, and if so, whether he was lying to hide a power role, or lying to hide being scum.

I can't see why he would be lying to hide a power role. Surely it'd be better to just say nothing, and not draw any attention to himself.

I don't think Chaos was lying. It's quite possible that I'm wrong, but I can honestly believe that he didn't read the first post, judging by his actions in the last game where he similarly didn't read that the night had begun.

Honestly, I'm inclined to agree. However, we don't really have a more obvious option, and no-lynching is not necessarily a good strategy, particularly since the cop can likely only find one mafia before dying.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IT IS TIME TO DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES WHETHER YOU ARE WILLING TO TRUST ME OR NOT BECAUSE I'LL PROBABLY BE KILLED DURING NIGHT 1 AND UNABLE TO HELP US WIN THE GAME, ALTHOUGH ALL YOU HAVE IS MY WORD ON THIS I BEG EVERYONE TO HONESTLY REVEAL THEIR ROLES TO ME VIA PM SO THE VILLAGE FACTION CAN GET A WINNING STREAK GOING!

If you're going to die night 1, then what's the point?

MY VAGUENESS AND HESITANCE WAS AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE WITCHES AND DA HESITATE DUE TO THE UNKNOWN AFTER ALL WHAT IS MORE SCARY THAN UNCERTAINTY?

Well, as long as you don't reveal it to them....

ACTUALLY HE ISN'T OUR BEST LEAD IMO.

Well, given that you think I am the "best lead", and I know damn well that I'm not mafia, then he is my best lead....

1)HE WAS THE 2ND PERSON TO NOTE THAT GOING BY HIS AVATAR COULD BE CONSIDERED WITCHES.

What?

That's pretty obviously a joke.

2)HE HAS IMPLIED HIS ROLE IN THE FOLLOWING POST WITHOUT ACTUALLY STATING IT MEANING PLAYERS WILL UNCONSCIOUSLY ASSOCIATE HIM WITH THE VILLAGE FACTION WHETHER OR NOT THIS IS TRUE IS IRRELEVANT BECAUSE THE ROLE HE IS IMPLIED TO BE IS VILLAGER .

Yeah, I did make a mistake there. I thought "hey, let's imply my role", and then realised that all I was doing was giving out information to the Mafia, but by the time I did so it was too late to change it.

3) BOTH HIM AND BLOBLE HAVE BEEN LEANING TOWARD LYNCHING CHAOS WITHOUT ACTUALLY INITIATING THE VOTE, PERHAPS IT'S TO AVOID THE SUSPICION THE COMES WITH BEING THE FIRST PERSON TO CAST THEIR VOTE ON AN INNOCENT LYNCH?

Or, perhaps, it's because I don't want to lynch the wrong person....

4)HE CHANGED HIS STANCE FROM BEING WILLING TO EXCUSE CHAOS'S ACTION TO AGREEING WITH THE CONSENSUS THAT CHAOS IS "SUSPICIONS" WITHOUT EVEN NOTING HIS PREVIOUS POSITION.

No, I didn't. I merely pointed out that he was the best option given the limited knowledge that we possess.

5)HE HAS BEEN CAUTIONING PLAYERS AGAINST REVEALING INFORMATION TO MYSELF UNTIL I REVEAL MY ROLE PM WHICH IS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE FAKED RELATIVELY EASILY.

They can be faked, but not "relatively easily". Admittedly, I'm probably not the best-placed person to tell if you're lying, but revealing your role PM is still a useful thing to do.

FURTHERMORE EVEN WHEN HE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT CAN BE FAKED HE CAUTIONS PLAYER TO NOT TRUST ME AS IF HE IS AFRAID OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN WERE THAT TO OCCUR.

Yes, I'm afraid that the role that is seemingly obviously town will turn out not to be, and we'll hand all our power roles to the Mafia on a silver platter....

Yeah, exactly, I'm not at all convinced we can trust Yun here, particularly given that his response to my concerns was to vote to lynch me and get me out of the way.

Since I'm currently up for lynching, and I know I'm not Mafia, I vote Chaos to try to stall the bandwagon on me a bit.

EnigmaticFellow
October 21st, 2012, 06:29 PM
@Typewannabe
If you are complaining about mechanics of the game and are a non-player, the sign-up thread is the place to do it. Also, RR121 already listed the reason for why such a role would be useful should I have included it in the game.

Chaos Greyblood
October 21st, 2012, 07:03 PM
Well, this seems as though we're on a deadlock. I'll decide on a vote if it comes to that before the day is totally through.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 07:06 PM
Well, I don't particularly want to get lynched, since I'm pretty good at working things out, and I can't do that if I'm dead....

Chaos Greyblood
October 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
So why not hold off on the lynching for now? I am of no threat to you and I'm fishing for some stuff so that I work with it.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 07:45 PM
Well, if we hit the deadline and I'm in the majority, then I get lynched. Currently, there are two votes for me, so one more for you would mean I don't get lynched....

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, although, actually, a no-lynch would work just as well, I think, and I believe has more votes. So, I vote no lynch, for the moment.

Personally, I'm rather suspicious of Yun, but he's too potentially valuable to risk lynching right now. As much as I'd like to lynch Enhance for randomly going after me, he is probably just messing around. Although, honestly, he's the closest thing we have to a lead, so I'm tempted to go after him.

Chaos Greyblood
October 21st, 2012, 07:46 PM
...Dude, are you absolutely certain about pushing my button? Neither of us look forward to it and it'll be more trouble than it's worth if either of us go down. However, if you decide to keep pushing for that COA, you'll leave me little choice but to defend myself.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 07:47 PM
Well, aside from you, of course, but I'm not really at all convinced you're Mafia. I think it was almost certainly just a genuine mistake, not least because I was pretty close to making the same mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

And, no, I'm not, although you are still somewhat suspicious. We have to do something, though.

Chaos Greyblood
October 21st, 2012, 07:47 PM
Is there someone you want offed? Maybe I can vote my support for that.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 07:51 PM
You know, what, fuck it. Enhance hasn't given any reason to vote for me other than "for the lulz", and that in itself is suspicious enough to justify a lynching at this stage.

Lynch Enhance.

Bloble
October 21st, 2012, 07:55 PM
Okay, so now we've basically descended into trying to justify lynching people based on nothing more than sentences taken out of context, actions that aren't even remotely suspicious, and things that any sane man would recognize as jokes.

Yeah, I'm not gonna throw darts blind and hope to hit the bullseye.

No Lynch.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 08:05 PM
Well, yeah, unfortunately, if we don't do this, then we'll be in the exact same position tomorrow, only down one villager. That's not to say that a no-lynch is a terrible plan, but we certainly shouldn't rush it.

Also, does anyone know if Detective Blackstone is busy? Because he's been extremely quiet this time around, which makes me a little suspicious. In fact, we should look carefully at the lurkers, because last time around the Mafia were noticably quieter (Blackstone aside, who made a right mess of it).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, do we have any kind of masons or similar around? If we do, then it might be worth them considering revealing theirselves, or at very least PMing a couple of people they consider the least suspicious to let them know who the Masons are, so we can reveal them later.

It would be very useful if we knew for certain that we could trust Yun, although I'm not sure how to usefully achieve that.

Yun
October 21st, 2012, 08:06 PM
@MIKE WHAT IS WITH THE ITALICS IN YOUR SENTENCES ANYWAYS? ALSO WHAT IS WITH YOUR INSISTENCE OF USING THE VANILLA TERMINOLOGY IN REFERENCE TO ONE OF THE FACTIONS?

I can't see why he would be lying to hide a power role. Surely it'd be better to just say nothing, and not draw any attention to himself.SOMETIMES NOT DOING THE OBVIOUS IS AN EFFECTIVE METHOD OF HIDING.

Honestly, I'm inclined to agree. However, we don't really have a more obvious option, and no-lynching is not necessarily a good strategy, particularly since the cop can likely only find one mafia before dying.IS THERE ANY REASON WHY YOU BELIEVE THEIR TO BE A WEAK COP?

If you're going to die night 1, then what's the point?BECAUSE I'VE THAT PERIOD OF TIME TO USE THE PLAYERS OWN STATEMENTS SOME OF WHICH WILL CONTRADICT OTHER PLAYERS STATEMENTS TO REDUCE THE POOL OF WITCH/DA CANDIDATES FOR THE COP.

Well, as long as you don't reveal it to them....WELL IT'S TOO LATE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT NOW! FOR THE OFFICIAL RECORD I'VE NO REGRETS!

Well, given that you think I am the "best lead", and I know damn well that I'm not mafia, then he is my best lead....ONLY TIME SHALL TELL US WHOM IS TELLING THE TRUTH.

Or, perhaps, it's because I don't want to lynch the wrong person....ONE WOULD HOPE THAT IS THE CASE.

No, I didn't. I merely pointed out that he was the best option given the limited knowledge that we possess.FAIR ENOUGH.

Yes, I'm afraid that the role that is seemingly obviously town will turn out not to be, and we'll hand all our power roles to the Mafia on a silver platter....HEY THE PERSON WHO CLAIMED TO HAVE BEEN GIVEN A SPECIAL ROLE "X" IS STILL ALIVE AND PERFECTLY HEALTHY!

Yeah, exactly, I'm not at all convinced we can trust Yun here, particularly given that his response to my concerns was to vote to lynch me and get me out of the way.PLEASE DO NOT DISTORT THE FACTS! I WAS RESPONDING TO RR'S POST BY EXPLAINING WHY I THOUGHT IF WE WERE GOING TO USE HIS REASONING WHY IT WOULD BE A BETTER IDEA TO LYNCH YOU.

Since I'm currently up for lynching, and I know I'm not Mafia, I vote Chaos to try to stall the bandwagon on me a bit....OF COURSE YOUR NOT A MEMBER OF THEM CONSIDERING THEY AREN'T EVEN A FACTION IN THIS VARIANT.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 08:18 PM
@MIKE WHAT IS WITH THE ITALICS IN YOUR SENTENCES ANYWAYS? ALSO WHAT IS WITH YOUR INSISTENCE OF USING THE VANILLA TERMINOLOGY IN REFERENCE TO ONE OF THE FACTIONS?

I'm not, I'm using it to generally refer to both factions.

SOMETIMES NOT DOING THE OBVIOUS IS AN EFFECTIVE METHOD OF HIDING.

Yes, but it's also a good way to get yourself lynched....

IS THERE ANY REASON WHY YOU BELIEVE THEIR TO BE A WEAK COP?

What I mean is that, once the Cop finds and reveals one Mafia, they're obviously going to kill the cop.

BECAUSE I'VE THAT PERIOD OF TIME TO USE THE PLAYERS OWN STATEMENTS SOME OF WHICH WILL CONTRADICT OTHER PLAYERS STATEMENTS TO REDUCE THE POOL OF WITCH/DA CANDIDATES FOR THE COP.

Or, alternately, to hand them all to your Mafia buddies....

ONLY TIME SHALL TELL US WHOM IS TELLING THE TRUTH.

Honestly, the most likely situation is that we are both villagers. But, I know that I am, whereas I do not know that he is.

HEY THE PERSON WHO CLAIMED TO HAVE BEEN GIVEN A SPECIAL ROLE "X" IS STILL ALIVE AND PERFECTLY HEALTHY!

We don't actually know that, though. All we know is that you claim to have had one special role reveal himself to you, and one special role ended up dead. They may not have been the same person, but that isn't something we know for sure.

Anyway, I have an idea. Anyone who has informed Yun of their role should PM either me or someone else they consider trustworthy and tell us that they have done so (note, I don't mean to reveal your role, and you should do this even if you're a villager, provided you told him so). That way, if the cop dies tonight, we can find out if Yun knew he was the cop, and if he did then Yun is looking extremely suspicious.

PLEASE DO NOT DISTORT THE FACTS! I WAS RESPONDING TO RR'S POST BY EXPLAINING WHY I THOUGHT IF WE WERE GOING TO USE HIS REASONING WHY IT WOULD BE A BETTER IDEA TO LYNCH YOU.

And then you proceeded to vote to lynch me....

Chaos Greyblood
October 21st, 2012, 09:03 PM
I'm voting for Enhance as well. I'm not entirely sure I'd trust what he's thinking right now and he hasn't showed up much since.

gesalt
October 21st, 2012, 09:21 PM
so we have a tie between Mike and Enhance atm...

I'd rather not lose Mike so
[Lynch Enhance]

Raven2785
October 21st, 2012, 09:29 PM
Mike, not that Yun has anything against you but you can't deny you're beginning to look very suspicious.

I agree with you that Lynchings better be happening ASAP but you are trowing around a lot of accusations based simply on either posts blow out of proportion or "we might get one of the witches if we lynch X" and now you are proposing Lynching Enhance for the lulz? sure he's trying to lynch you for fun as well but he's on record having stated it before the game began that he was going to do so. This makes you look a lot like one of the Cloven trying to get the regular townsfolk to lynch an innocent in the hopes to thin our numbers, or even better, nail a power player for the cloven on the house.

Okay, so now we've basically descended into trying to justify lynching people based on nothing more than sentences taken out of context, actions that aren't even remotely suspicious, and things that any sane man would recognize as jokes.

Yeah, I'm not gonna throw darts blind and hope to hit the bullseye.

No Lynch.

I agree with Bobble on this one trying to get a hit while we have no info is dumb and will only lead to confusion and disarray amongst ourselves.

No Lynch.

Satehi
October 21st, 2012, 09:34 PM
Not sure if Enhance wants me to tell, but the reason he wants to lynch Mike is because in our previous mafia game, when it was pretty much determined that we (the mafia) were going to lose, Enhance proposed that in the next game we try to get Mike purposefully lynched, for the luls. I haven't been going with it because it's fully possible that Mike could be useful to us, but that's pretty much why he's doing this whole joke lynching.

Or, I think so. Besides, if he was mafia, it would be kind of silly to go suggest joke lynches, which would obviously put him in a suspicious spot.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 09:39 PM
Mike, not that Yun has anything against you but you can't deny you're beginning to look very suspicious.

I'm trying to drive the game on and get us information, so we can actually have a chance of hitting the witches or the DA.

I agree with you that Lynchings better be happening ASAP but you are trowing around a lot of accusations based simply on either posts blow out of proportion or "we might get one of the witches if we lynch X" and now you are proposing Lynching Enhance for the lulz?

Yeah, that's how the game works. If no-one makes accusations and the like, then we get nowhere.

sure he's trying to lynch you for fun as well but he's on record having stated it before the game began that he was going to do so. This makes you look a lot like one of the Cloven trying to get the regular townsfolk to lynch an innocent in the hopes to thin our numbers, or even better, nail a power player for the cloven on the house.

No, I'm voting to lynch Enhance on the grounds that he's decided to randomly lynch me for no real reason. Which means he's either Mafia, or a dick. And, honestly, either way we can do without him....

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if Enhance wants me to tell, but the reason he wants to lynch Mike is because in our previous mafia game, when it was pretty much determined that we (the mafia) were going to lose, Enhance proposed that in the next game we try to get Mike purposefully lynched, for the luls. I haven't been going with it because it's fully possible that Mike could be useful to us, but that's pretty much why he's doing this whole joke lynching.

Or, I think so. Besides, if he was mafia, it would be kind of silly to go suggest joke lynches, which would obviously put him in a suspicious spot.

Not really. If he's Mafia, then it makes perfect sense for him to suggest a joke lynch, because it gives him a cover story and allows him to get rid of a strong player.

Honestly, I am not at all sure that he is, but, equally, if we just no-lynch then we're going to be in the exact same position tomorrow, only with one less villager. Waiting around hoping for the cop to strike it lucky is not a winning strategy. We're better off taking a shot at hitting someone. Even if he turns out not to be Mafia, the voting patterns and discussion give us information.

Black Sword
October 21st, 2012, 09:43 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Enhance is acting like town to me. Plus, he's a bro of mine. I have no intention of leaving him in the lurch while Mike acts high and mighty and pretends he's worth more than Enhance. I vote Lynch Mike1984.

Bloble
October 21st, 2012, 09:48 PM
Could someone tally up the votes? I think there's two or three for No Lynch, three for Lynch Mike, and Two for Lynch Enhance, but I'm not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and maybe one or two for Lynch Chaos?

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 09:52 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Enhance is acting like town to me. Plus, he's a bro of mine. I have no intention of leaving him in the lurch while Mike acts high and mighty and pretends he's worth more than Enhance. I vote Lynch Mike1984.

Anyone whose reasoning for lynching someone is "for the lulz" is not exactly a helpful player. And, how is he "acting like town"? Lynching people "for the lulz" is exactly what the Mafia would do, because it is in their interests to get rid of townies. Villagers, on the other hand, are looking for the Mafia, and thus will not lynch people just for the hell of it (although, at this stage, it is generally necessary to lynch people on relatively weak grounds).

- - - Updated - - -

Could someone tally up the votes? I think there's two or three for No Lynch, three for Lynch Mike, and Two for Lynch Enhance, but I'm not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and maybe one or two for Lynch Chaos?

Enhance should have three votes also, I think. Me, Chaos and gesalt.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, honestly, Black Sword is sounding rather suspicious here. "He's a bro of mine" is not good reason to not lynch someone, since that has no bearing on whether he's Mafia. Certainly, if Enhance does turn out to be Mafia, I'd take a long look at him too....

Raven2785
October 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM
I'm trying to drive the game on and get us information, so we can actually have a chance of hitting the witches or the DA.

Yeah, that's how the game works. If no-one makes accusations and the like, then we get nowhere.

No, I'm voting to lynch Enhance on the grounds that he's decided to randomly lynch me for no real reason. Which means he's either Mafia, or a dick. And, honestly, either way we can do without him....

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. If he's Mafia, then it makes perfect sense for him to suggest a joke lynch, because it gives him a cover story and allows him to get rid of a strong player.

Honestly, I am not at all sure that he is, but, equally, if we just no-lynch then we're going to be in the exact same position tomorrow, only with one less villager. Waiting around hoping for the cop to strike it lucky is not a winning strategy. We're better off taking a shot at hitting someone. Even if he turns out not to be Mafia, the voting patterns and discussion give us information.

#1. I'm willing to give you that one, still tone it down a little bit or make a more convincing argument than "he posted X so let's lynch him"

#2. I know that is how the game works but we need to accuse people based on fact or good detective work, while we are numerous right now if we begin lynch people on the hopes we get lucky things are gonna head south mighty quick. sure we might get one of the cloven but we have a higher risk of getting a villager out of the game or even worse, a power player.

#3. Once again, Enhance said he wanted to lynch you before the game started and he did say he was simply gonna do it for the hell of it. No more, no less

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 10:00 PM
#1. I'm willing to give you that one, still tone it down a little bit or make a more convincing argument than "he posted X so let's lynch him"

At this point, we don't have more convincing arguments, because we lack any information. The only way to get information is to have discussions.

#2. I know that is how the game works but we need to accuse people based on fact or good detective work, while we are numerous right now if we begin lynch people on the hopes we get lucky things are gonna head south mighty quick. sure we might get one of the cloven but we have a higher risk of getting a villager out of the game or even worse, a power player.

And how, exactly, do you intend to uncover these facts or do this detective work if no-one dares post anything because they get assumed to be Mafia for making accusations and suggesting things?

#3. Once again, Enhance said he wanted to lynch you before the game started and he did say he was simply gonna do it for the hell of it. No more, no less

That's still a pretty fucking dumb move to make, and it is also still suspicious, because if he's Mafia it gives him the perfect excuse.

Black Sword
October 21st, 2012, 10:13 PM
Enhance hasn't done anything suspicious enough to merit you trying to get the lynch crowd going. He's been saying before the game even began and roles got assigned that he wanted to lynch you for the hell of it. Since he's in the Ukraine and sleeping (unlike you), he can't speak in his own defense, so I'm doing so. Sure, I might be making a mistake, but that's part of the risk you take in a game of blind suspicion.

Additionally, stop casting everyone who disagrees with you as probable Mafia/villain. It's a remarkably fascist thing to do, labeling all opposition as your enemy.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 10:20 PM
Enhance hasn't done anything suspicious enough to merit you trying to get the lynch crowd going. He's been saying before the game even began and roles got assigned that he wanted to lynch you for the hell of it.

Yes, but that does not mean he cannot be Mafia, and if he is Mafia it's a bloody convinient excuse for doing so. And, honestly, anyone who decides to lynch a townie "for the lulz" deserves lynching even if they're not Mafia, just because they're putting a personal vendetta over actually playing the game.

And, don't say "it's just a game, we're playing for fun", because I do not find the idea of me getting lynched "for the lulz" at all "fun".

ince he's in the Ukraine and sleeping (unlike you), he can't speak in his own defense, so I'm doing so.

Sure, but his actions are pretty indefensible. At best he's being a dick.

Sure, I might be making a mistake, but that's part of the risk you take in a game of blind suspicion.

Yes, and the same applies here. However, the difference is that I'm voting to lynch someone who is doing something obviously wrong, whereas you are voting to lynch me for defending myself.

Additionally, stop casting everyone who disagrees with you as probable Mafia/villain. It's a remarkably fascist thing to do, labeling all opposition as your enemy.

I'm not, I'm casting people who decide to lynch me on the basis that I object to Enhance being a dick and lynching me for the lulz and feel that it makes him at best a townie who is a rather big liability.

And, honestly, my opinion of you is that you are Mafia if and only if Enhance is also Mafia. Which makes me think that lynching him is an even better idea, because if he turns out to be Mafia, then we get two for one, and if he doesn't then I think you're likely clean.

Bloble
October 21st, 2012, 10:25 PM
Mike, what BS is saying here is that Enhance wanting to Lynch you has absolutely no bearing on his role in the game. He'd vote to lynch you just as much if he was a Cop or a Mafia or a villager. Thus, you can't really take that as evidence.

And no matter how much you may want to, you can't lynch someone just for being a dick.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 10:27 PM
Mike, what BS is saying here is that Enhance wanting to Lynch you has absolutely no bearing on his role in the game. He'd vote to lynch you just as much if he was a Cop or a Mafia or a villager. Thus, you can't really take that as evidence.

I am not at all convinced that is true, though. If he's Mafia, then what he said before the game is a perfect excuse to lynch me, whereas if he's not, then he might well decide not to do it. since it's detrimental to the town.

And no matter how much you may want to, you can't lynch someone just for being a dick.

Yes, you can. Getting someone who is not playing the game properly out of the way is definitely a good move, even if they do turn out to be town. Particularly since we have so little evidence to go on at this stage.

Bloble
October 21st, 2012, 10:33 PM
I am not at all convinced that is true, though. If he's Mafia, then what he said before the game is a perfect excuse to lynch me, whereas if he's not, then he might well decide not to do it. since it's detrimental to the town.

Yes, you can. Getting someone who is not playing the game properly out of the way is definitely a good move, even if they do turn out to be town. Particularly since we have so little evidence to go on at this stage.

The way I see it, if Enhance isn't playing the game properly, then he wouldn't care about lynching a fellow villager even if it's bad for his side, and thus his behaviour makes perfect sense. He doesn't care about winning or losing; he just cares about getting you lynched.

Black Sword
October 21st, 2012, 10:35 PM
In order -

1) I don't know if he's a villain or not, so I can only guess. It's true it would be a good cover and equally possible that he's innocent. My inclination is to believe the best of him and say he's not a villain, especially since it'd be too obvious a way to go about it. He hasn't accused you of being a villain, so it's pretty clear to me he doesn't genuinely think you are.

2) You're both dicks, you'll both live.

3) Mike, if you had left Enhance alone, there would have been ONE vote against you. Instead of coolly ignoring it, you escalated it, which resulted in more lynch Mike votes than would have happened otherwise.

4) I'm probably just below Alf on your BL hate list. Casting suspicion on me for speaking up for Enhance when Raven's been doing the same as me makes it clear you have your own agenda in this game.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 10:43 PM
In order -

1) I don't know if he's a villain or not, so I can only guess. It's true it would be a good cover and equally possible that he's innocent.

It's possible that he's innocent, yes, but of all the people in the game at the moment, he's probably the most likely to be mafia, and he's also probably the person we are going to lose the least by getting rid of, given that he doesn't seem to want to play the game properly.

My inclination is to believe the best of him and say he's not a villain, especially since it'd be too obvious a way to go about it.

Except that he gave himself the perfect excuse beforehand, and then proceeded to act on it. Sure, he is possibly and maybe even probably innocent, but at this stage we basically have to take a shot in the dark to some extent, and he's a pretty damn tempting target given that his current contribution to the game is negative even if he is a townie.

He hasn't accused you of being a villain, so it's pretty clear to me he doesn't genuinely think you are.

Which is only all the more reason to lynch him. He's voting to lynch someone who he does not believe is Mafia.

2) You're both dicks, you'll both live.

How am I being a dick here?

3) Mike, if you had left Enhance alone, there would have been ONE vote against you. Instead of coolly ignoring it, you escalated it, which resulted in more lynch Mike votes than would have happened otherwise.

Actually, there were two.

4) I'm probably just below Alf on your BL hate list. Casting suspicion on me for speaking up for Enhance when Raven's been doing the same as me makes it clear you have your own agenda in this game.

Raven didn't vote to lynch me, though, you did.

His actions fit pretty well with a townie who doesn't want to lynch a fellow townie, whereas yours fit with a mafia person defending his fellow mafiosi.

- - - Updated - - -

The way I see it, if Enhance isn't playing the game properly, then he wouldn't care about lynching a fellow villager even if it's bad for his side, and thus his behaviour makes perfect sense. He doesn't care about winning or losing; he just cares about getting you lynched.

Perhaps, but that in itself is good enough reason to lynch him, at least as long as we have no reason to believe that he's not Mafia.

Black Sword
October 21st, 2012, 10:51 PM
You of all people have to ask?

Moving on. It comes down to numbers, Mike. Enhance had 3 votes, you had 2. Voting for you makes it a draw, thereby enforcing the No Lynch I would have voted for otherwise. If you changed your vote to No Lynch, I would be honorbound to do the same. It doesn't make sense to me to lynch anybody yet since we have no strong leads. So produce stronger arguments than "Enhance is inconveniencing me" if you want people to lynch him.

Yun
October 21st, 2012, 10:57 PM
WAIT ON THE DAMM NO LYNCH PLEASE.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 10:58 PM
You of all people have to ask?

Moving on. It comes down to numbers, Mike. Enhance had 3 votes, you had 2. Voting for you makes it a draw, thereby enforcing the No Lynch I would have voted for otherwise. If you changed your vote to No Lynch, I would be honorbound to do the same. It doesn't make sense to me to lynch anybody yet since we have no strong leads. So produce stronger arguments than "Enhance is inconveniencing me" if you want people to lynch him.

OK, fair enough. I did actually notice that, which was one of the reasons I wasn't certain, but I didn't know if that was your reasoning or not, and it's better not to give you a ready-made explanation in case you are Mafia (plus, it's a lot more convincing if you come out with it yourself). My suspicion is still that your status is probably linked with Enhance's, though. If he's Mafia, then you're likely Mafia, if he's not then you're almost certainly not Mafia.

And, whilst I do see your point about lacking strong leads, in the end we will never have any "strong leads" if we keep sitting here voting "no lynch" every day. Further, Enhance is being a dick. If we don't get rid of him now, then he's just going to keep on voting to lynch me every day, which is of absolutely zero help to the town. Therefore, I see no reason not to lynch him, since he might be Mafia, and is not having a positive influence on the town as a whole.

Yun
October 21st, 2012, 11:02 PM
AS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO WALK ONTO THIS FINE STAGE A BRAVE CITIZEN CAME TO ME AND INFORMED ME THAT HE WAS HYPNOTIZED LAST NIGHT WHILE INSPECTING CITIZEN MIKE. DO TO THIS HIS INSPECTION OF CITIZEN MIKE WAS UNABLE TO DISCERN ANYTHING.

I'D QUOTE THE RELEVANT PORTION BUT APPARENTLY WE AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO THAT SO...

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 11:05 PM
AS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO WALK ONTO THIS FINE STAGE A BRAVE CITIZEN CAME TO ME AND INFORMED ME THAT HE WAS HYPNOTIZED LAST NIGHT WHILE INSPECTING CITIZEN MIKE. DO TO THIS HIS INSPECTION OF CITIZEN MIKE WAS UNABLE TO DISCERN ANYTHING.

I'D QUOTE THE RELEVANT PORTION BUT APPARENTLY WE AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO THAT SO...

OK, what?

Black Sword
October 21st, 2012, 11:05 PM
You're the one who nailed the godfather on the first day and now you're arguing that we'll never have strong leads?

EDIT: ok, I'm joining Mike on this. What?

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 11:08 PM
You're the one who nailed the godfather on the first day and now you're arguing that we'll never have strong leads?

Well, we got extremely lucky last time around. We aren't likely to get the same luck again, and even if we do, the cop needs to remain hidden or he'll be killed.

EDIT: ok, I'm joining Mike on this. What?

Well, I assume the cop tried to investigate me and got blocked doing so, but what I'm not sure about is why.

Either that or someone is lying to Yun/Yun is lying himself, anyway....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also, you're not supposed to edit or delete posts, just for future reference.

Black Sword
October 21st, 2012, 11:11 PM
Fair point. About the editing, I mean.

Well, crap. Is EF cunning enough that he'd deliberately make Mike a villain when Mike was a good guy last time so we wouldn't suspect him this time? Or is he counting on us thinking he wouldn't be so cunning to make sure we think Mike is still a good guy?

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 11:16 PM
Fair point. About the editing, I mean.

Well, crap. Is EF cunning enough that he'd deliberately make Mike a villain when Mike was a good guy last time so we wouldn't suspect him this time? Or is he counting on us thinking he wouldn't be so cunning to make sure we think Mike is still a good guy?

I'm pretty sure the roles are random. I don't possess any (known) ability that would make me impossible to investigate, though, so I assume the Coven must have blocked the investigation.

What we don't know is why that would happen. It could be that they have a general ability to choose someone to hypnotise (in which case, Yun has probably just got the cop killed tomorrow night...), it could be that they can target one person to not be investigatable (in which case I assume they're trying to set me up) or it could be that Yun is lying and trying to get me lynched....

Yun
October 21st, 2012, 11:16 PM
OK, what?LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN. AN INDIVIDUAL WHILE ATTEMPTING TO INVESTIGATE YOU LAST NIGHT HE WAS HYPNOTIZED. BECAUSE OF THAT HE WAS UNABLE TO DISCERN ANYTHING ABOUT HIS TARGET. HE HAS SPECULATED THAT YOU ARE NOT OF THIS VILLAGE.

Raven2785
October 21st, 2012, 11:18 PM
Ace, I see you lurking on the thread and you and Detective Blackstone have barely posted anything on this game.

Are you guys just gathering intel? on who to kill maybe? expecting for a power role to come forth?

I, Raven asks these questions to you Ace and to Detective Blackstone, now defend yourselves.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 11:19 PM
LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN. AN INDIVIDUAL WHILE ATTEMPTING TO INVESTIGATE YOU LAST NIGHT HE WAS HYPNOTIZED. BECAUSE OF THAT HE WAS UNABLE TO DISCERN ANYTHING ABOUT HIS TARGET. HE HAS SPECULATED THAT YOU ARE NOT OF THIS VILLAGE.

Yes, well, I know damn well that I am of the village, so....

Also, that does seem rather convinient. I presume either someone is trying to set me up (possibly even you, because I at least don't fully trust you yet) or, else, the Coven had the option to choose to hypnotise one person and happened to find the cop, which means you got him killed by revealing that....

Katie
October 21st, 2012, 11:20 PM
Lurkers gonna lurk, bro.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 11:23 PM
Lurkers gonna lurk, bro.

The thing is, lurking is very bad for the town, because it means we can't get any information on you. In particular, if the Mafia can get away with lurking, then they will, because it means they can't make any mistakes or give away their status through their votes.

Raven2785
October 21st, 2012, 11:25 PM
Lurkers gonna lurk, bro.

It does look rather suspicious when they are just watching us stew here, the point is even if they're not guilty of any accusation I bought up they should at least let us know what the hell they think.

Now that I think about it, you were awfully quick to come in their defense here and you've haven't even trown your hat in the ring yourself.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 11:30 PM
It does look rather suspicious when they are just watching us stew here, the point is even if they're not guilty of any accusation I bought up they should at least let us know what the hell they think.

Now that I think about it, you were awfully quick to come in their defense here and you've haven't even trown your hat in the ring yourself.

Well, in the last game I recall saying something about Lurkers being suspicious, and then Lianru immediately came out and started posting. Although, I think KT might have too.

It might be worth looking through his posts in the last game (where we know he was Mafia) and comparing the two.

Yun
October 21st, 2012, 11:33 PM
FOR THE RECORD HIS "SPECULATION" WAS PART OF THE NIGHT ACTION RESULT AND NOT SPECULATION DONE BY THE PLAYERS PART.

THE WAY I SEE IT IS THAT SEEING AS MIKE HAS CLAIMED TO BE A PERFECTLY NORMAL VILLAGER EVEN WITH THE POSSIBILITY THAT HE IS ACTUALLY INNOCENT WHO WAS PROTECTED BY THE WITCH TO MISLED US IT IS WORTH LYNCHING HIM.

MY REASONING FOR THIS IS THERE IS ALSO THE POSSIBILITY THAT HE IS A DA WHICH HAVE MYSTIC EYES WHICH ALLOW THEM TO MANIPULATE HUMANS MEANING THEY WOULD HAVE AN AUTO DEFENSE AGAINST INVESTIGATION.

THE NEXT POSSIBILITY IS WE'RE DEALING WITH A WITCH WITH AUTO DEFENSE OR WHO WAS PROTECTED FROM INVESTIGATION BY A FELLOW WITCH.

IN SUMMARY I SEE NO REASON NOT TO LYNCH MIKE DUE TO HIM BEING A NORMAL VILLAGER BY HIS OWN ADMISSION MEANING IT ISN'T WORTH THE RISK OF LETTING HIM LIVE IF HE ENDS UP BEING A WITCH(ONE OF THEM CAN KILL) OR THE DA(WHOM CAN PROBABLY CONVERT PEOPLE AND/OR KILL THEM).

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 11:37 PM
IN SUMMARY I SEE NO REASON NOT TO LYNCH MIKE DUE TO HIM BEING A NORMAL VILLAGER BY HIS OWN ADMISSION MEANING IT ISN'T WORTH THE RISK OF LETTING HIM LIVE IF HE ENDS UP BEING A WITCH(ONE OF THEM CAN KILL) OR THE DA(WHOM CAN PROBABLY CONVERT PEOPLE AND/OR KILL THEM).

Except that I am rather good at the game, as people stated last time, which means lynching me does damage the town rather significantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't trust you at all. Your role is just too damn convinient, and I have a very strong suspicion you're going to turn out to be a double-agent of some kind. Particularly since you don't seem willing to reveal the details of your role PM to anyone.

Black Sword
October 21st, 2012, 11:40 PM
Mike, you are pretty good at this game, but that's not a good defense by itself. I suspect you might be able to win just as well as a witch or DA as you would as a villager.

Raven2785
October 21st, 2012, 11:42 PM
Except that I am rather good at the game, as people stated last time, which means lynching me does damage the town rather significantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't trust you at all. Your role is just too damn convinient, and I have a very strong suspicion you're going to turn out to be a double-agent of some kind. Particularly since you don't seem willing to reveal the details of your role PM to anyone.

Mike, Yun did show his role PM here (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/2941-Blood-Soaked-Elysium-Fields?p=987940&viewfull=1#post987940)

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 11:45 PM
Mike, you are pretty good at this game, but that's not a good defense by itself. I suspect you might be able to win just as well as a witch or DA as you would as a villager.

It's not a good defence against accusations of being Mafia, but it is a good defence against Yun's reasoning, which is "well, even if he's not Mafia, he's just a normal villager, so killing him is fine".

Mike, Yun did show his role PM here (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/2941-Blood-Soaked-Elysium-Fields?p=987940&viewfull=1#post987940)

Oh, oops, I missed that....

Yun
October 21st, 2012, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the roles are random. I don't possess any (known) ability that would make me impossible to investigate, though, so I assume the Coven must have blocked the investigation.I SUPPOSE IF EF PUT A MILLER IN YOU WOULD COME UP AS GUILTY BUT CONSIDERING THAT YOU BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION HAVE SAID YOU LACK ANY SPECIAL ABILITY WHY SHOULD WE TAKE THE RISK THAT YOU ARE IN FACT LYING TO US AND ARE REALLY A WITCH OR THE DA?

What we don't know is why that would happen. It could be that they have a general ability to choose someone to hypnotise (in which case, Yun has probably just got the cop killed tomorrow night...), it could be that they can target one person to not be investigatable (in which case I assume they're trying to set me up) or it could be that Yun is lying and trying to get me lynched....EITHER THE INDIVIDUAL WHOM SENT ME THE PM IS LYING, YOUR LYING OR I'M LYING BUT CONSIDERING REVEALING YOURSELF AS THE COP EQUIVALENT IS RISKY AS HELL I'M WILLING TO TRUST HIM.

THIS IS BASICALLY THE EXACT SAME THING WHICH HAPPENED ON NIGHT 1 OF LAST GAME ERGO WHY SHOULD WE NOT LYNCH YOU?

Ace, I see you lurking on the thread and you and Detective Blackstone have barely posted anything on this game.

Are you guys just gathering intel? on who to kill maybe? expecting for a power role to come forth?

I, Raven asks these questions to you Ace and to Detective Blackstone, now defend yourselves.WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THE CURRENT DISCUSSION?

Yes, well, I know damn well that I am of the village, so....PLEASE STOP INSISTING THAT YOUR "CLAIMS" ARE IN FACT 100% TRUTHFUL.

Also, that does seem rather convinient. I presume either someone is trying to set me up (possibly even you, because I at least don't fully trust you yet) or, else, the Coven had the option to choose to hypnotise one person and happened to find the cop, which means you got him killed by revealing that....CONSIDERING THAT DEAD APOSTLES HAVE A NATURAL SET OF MYSTIC EYES I FIND THE POSSIBILITY THAT YOU ARE THE DA TO BE MORE LIKELY THAN THE WITCHES HAVING A 2ND BLOCKING ROLL CONSIDERING THE OP HAD THEM LOSING ONE.

Except that I am rather good at the game, as people stated last time, which means lynching me does damage the town rather significantly.IF IT TURNS OUT YOUR ARE INNOCENT THAN I APOLOGIZE BUT EVEN THEN WE WILL HAVE TO ADAPT TO THE SITUATION AS BEST WE CAN. IF NOTHING ELSE IT WILL BE A GOOD LEARNING EXPERIENCE.

Also, I don't trust you at all. Your role is just too damn convinient, and I have a very strong suspicion you're going to turn out to be a double-agent of some kind. Particularly since you don't seem willing to reveal the details of your role PM to anyone.I ALREADY REVEALED MY ROLE PM AND I FIND YOUR CONSTANT SWAP BETWEEN BEING SUSPICIOUS OF ME AND TRUSTING ME TO BE RATHER AMUSING.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a good defence against accusations of being Mafia, but it is a good defence against Yun's reasoning, which is "well, even if he's not Mafia, he's just a normal villager, so killing him is fine".PLEASE DO NOT STRAWMAN MY POSITION! MY REASONING IS THAT BECAUSE FAKE CLAIMING COP IS SUCH A RISKY THING TO DO IT'S UNLIKELY FOR SOMEONE TO DO SO.

ADDITIONALLY SINCE YOU'VE ADMITTED TO BEING A NORMAL VILLAGER YOUR AN ACCEPTABLE CASUALTY IF YOU REALLY ARE INNOCENT AND A GREAT LEAP FORWARD ON THE PATH TO VICTORY IF IT TURNS OUT THAT YOU ARE A WITCH OR THE DA.

Mike1984
October 21st, 2012, 11:59 PM
I SUPPOSE IF EF PUT A MILLER IN YOU WOULD COME UP AS GUILTY BUT CONSIDERING THAT YOU BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION HAVE SAID YOU LACK ANY SPECIAL ABILITY WHY SHOULD WE TAKE THE RISK THAT YOU ARE IN FACT LYING TO US AND ARE REALLY A WITCH OR THE DA?

Well, I assume that's what has happened, or something....

EITHER THE INDIVIDUAL WHOM SENT ME THE PM IS LYING, YOUR LYING OR I'M LYING BUT CONSIDERING REVEALING YOURSELF AS THE COP EQUIVALENT IS RISKY AS HELL I'M WILLING TO TRUST HIM.

THIS IS BASICALLY THE EXACT SAME THING WHICH HAPPENED ON NIGHT 1 OF LAST GAME ERGO WHY SHOULD WE NOT LYNCH YOU?

Not quite, you never got any kind of result saying I was guilty, you merely got a "we couldn't find out". It's merely an assumption that I am.

PLEASE STOP INSISTING THAT YOUR "CLAIMS" ARE IN FACT 100% TRUTHFUL.

I am insisting that because they are....

I understand that you have no way to verify that, but I know my own role. And, honestly, given how much time you spent basically demanding that we trust you without evidence, I don't think you can really complain about me making similar assertions....

CONSIDERING THAT DEAD APOSTLES HAVE A NATURAL SET OF MYSTIC EYES I FIND THE POSSIBILITY THAT YOU ARE THE DA TO BE MORE LIKELY THAN THE WITCHES HAVING A 2ND BLOCKING ROLL CONSIDERING THE OP HAD THEM LOSING ONE.

I don't think we can trust the OP at all, it was just supposed to give an example, not show what roles the witches might have.

IF IT TURNS OUT YOUR ARE INNOCENT THAN I APOLOGIZE BUT EVEN THEN WE WILL HAVE TO ADAPT TO THE SITUATION AS BEST WE CAN. IF NOTHING ELSE IT WILL BE A GOOD LEARNING EXPERIENCE.

Well, if you want to lynch your best player, then go ahead, but it's not going to help you....

I ALREADY REVEALED MY ROLE PM AND I FIND YOUR CONSTANT SWAP BETWEEN BEING SUSPICIOUS OF ME AND TRUSTING ME TO BE RATHER AMUSING.

Yeah, I missed that, sorry....

RR121
October 22nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
Hm...I'm sorry Mike. I was leaning towards Chaos or something, but a guilty verdict is kind of hard to ignore, even with the weird "hypnosis" thing that I don't quite follow. If its not you, we'll figure out what's going on.

[LYNCH MIKE1984]

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 12:03 AM
PLEASE DO NOT STRAWMAN MY POSITION! MY REASONING IS THAT BECAUSE FAKE CLAIMING COP IS SUCH A RISKY THING TO DO IT'S UNLIKELY FOR SOMEONE TO DO SO.

I never said he was fake-claiming. I said that you never actually got a positive result, and the witches could easily be tricking you.

ADDITIONALLY SINCE YOU'VE ADMITTED TO BEING A NORMAL VILLAGER YOUR AN ACCEPTABLE CASUALTY IF YOU REALLY ARE INNOCENT AND A GREAT LEAP FORWARD ON THE PATH TO VICTORY IF IT TURNS OUT THAT YOU ARE A WITCH OR THE DA.

Yes, and my point is that that doesn't work well when you're talking about someone who is very good at analysing the situation and working out who is mafia. I'm not really an "acceptable casualty" because I actually help the town out a lot when I'm alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm...I'm sorry Mike. I was leaning towards Chaos or something, but a guilty verdict is kind of hard to ignore, even with the weird "hypnosis" thing that I don't quite follow. If its not you, we'll figure out what's going on.

[LYNCH MIKE1984]

Well, I do understand your reasoning, but it's not a fucking "guilty verdict", it's a fucking blatant set-up that you're all apparently fucking moronic enough to fall for, and to lynch someone who was stated to be the best player in the last game.

Congratulations, geniuses, I fucking hope you lose the game for your idiocy. I'm going to bed, anyway.

Yun
October 22nd, 2012, 12:36 AM
Well, I assume that's what has happened, or something....IT IS CERTAINLY A POSSIBILITY BUT A QUICK CONTEMPLATION OF THE RISK VS REWARD VARIABLE OF THIS SITUATION MAKES ME GO WITH THE LESS RISKY OPTION IE LYNCHING YOU.

Not quite, you never got any kind of result saying I was guilty, you merely got a "we couldn't find out". It's merely an assumption that I am.IT'S AN ASSUMPTION GIVEN TO THE INDIVIDUAL IN QUESTION BY ALLEGEDLY BY THE GM, SO FOR THE MOMENT I'M WILLING TO BELIEVE IT.

I am insisting that because they are....I'M NOT WILLING TO RISK THE POSSIBILITY THAT YOU ARE IN FACT MISLEADING OR LYING TO US THEREFORE I SUPPORT THE LYNCH.

I understand that you have no way to verify that, but I know my own role. And, honestly, given how much time you spent basically demanding that we trust you without evidence, I don't think you can really complain about me making similar assertions....WHAT WOULD THAT ROLE BE? AS I SAID BEFORE I'VE ALREADY REVEALED THE PM EF SENT TO ME WHETHER YOU BELIEVE ME OR NOT IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU BUT PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MIND SOMETIME SOON WHICH OF THE TWO CHOICES IT IS.

I don't think we can trust the OP at all, it was just supposed to give an example, not show what roles the witches might have.SHRUG IT'S INFORMATION WHETHER YOU TRUST IT ENOUGH TO FACTOR IT INTO YOUR DECISION MAKING IS UP TO YOU.

Well, if you want to lynch your best player, then go ahead, but it's not going to help you....YOUR SELF PROCLAIMED STATUS AS THE BEST PLAYER IS IRRELEVANT WHAT MATTERS IS WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE ALIGNED WITH THE VILLAGE FACTION. CONSIDERING YOU CLAIMED TO BE A NORMAL VILLAGER I'M NOT WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK THAT YOU ARE IN FACT TELLING US HALF TRUTHS OR FLAT OUT LYING BUT IF YOU SERIOUSLY ARE INNOCENT THEN I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS.

Yeah, I missed that, sorry....NO PROBLEM.

I never said he was fake-claiming. I said that you never actually got a positive result, and the witches could easily be tricking you.THAT IS ONE WAY TO VIEW IT.

Yes, and my point is that that doesn't work well when you're talking about someone who is very good at analysing the situation and working out who is mafia. I'm not really an "acceptable casualty" because I actually help the town out a lot when I'm alive.I DISAGREE CONSIDERING LETTING YOU LIVE IS UNACCEPTABLE AFTER TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE ENTIRE PM WHICH WAS SENT TO ME.

Well, I do understand your reasoning, but it's not a fucking "guilty verdict", it's a fucking blatant set-up that you're all apparently fucking moronic enough to fall for, and to lynch someone who was stated to be the best player in the last game.IT IS MERELY A MATTER OF RISK VS REWARD WHICH WE HAPPEN TO DISAGREE ON.

Congratulations, geniuses, I fucking hope you lose the game for your idiocy. I'm going to bed, anyway.I'M SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY AND I BID YOU GOODNIGHT.

Reynel
October 22nd, 2012, 01:11 AM
Well, let's see. The reasoning to lynch Mike is really good. I'd vote for that, except I noticed something awfully convenient. If you notice, when the cop equivalent acuses someone, we can verify he is a cop (if the acused turns out to be mafia) or we discover that he lies and is mafia (if the acused turns out to be village). This time, however, we can notice that the person got an ambigual excuse to suspect: "he was hypnotized", wich means that if Mike turns out to be village, we can't tell if the cop equivalent was lying, since, suposely, he can't know if it was Mike who "hypnotized him" or a setter.
I would say that the best course of action would be to lynch that person, but since he may be telling the truth, it would be awful to loose a cop. So, I think lynching Mike or the person who contacted Yun is not the best course of action. We can in fact, take advantage if we No lynch, because, even if we loose a villager, we wouldn't be in the same square than today. I would post the reasoning, but, since DA or witches may take advantage of it, I'll post it when the situation occurs.
So, in summary, I vote:
No Lynch.​

Reynel
October 22nd, 2012, 01:37 AM
wait, now that I think about it, lurkers are a good start. Since they're not contributing, it's not like we loose much. Although they could be power roles, but I find that not likely, since they could help and do some intel with their own assupmtions, while they ​do not.

- - - Updated - - -

Although they could be power roles, but I find that not likely, since they could help and do some intel with their own assupmtions, while they ​do not.
and act accordingly.

Yun
October 22nd, 2012, 02:04 AM
HM IT WOULD APPEAR IT'S NECESSARY FOR ME TO NOTE THE FACT THAT THE COP VARIANT IN QUESTION ONLY RETURNS ROLE RESULTS FOR VILLAGE ALIGNED PLAYERS ERGO IT COULD'VE FAILED DUE TO THE PERSON IN QUESTION NOT BEING VILLAGE ALIGNED.

Well, let's see. The reasoning to lynch Mike is really good. I'd vote for that, except I noticed something awfully convenient. If you notice, when the cop equivalent acuses someone, we can verify he is a cop (if the acused turns out to be mafia) or we discover that he lies and is mafia (if the acused turns out to be village). ​THAT IS TRUE FOR A DECENT NUMBER OF COP VARIANTS.

This time, however, we can notice that the person got an ambigual excuse to suspect: "he was hypnotized", wich means that if Mike turns out to be village, we can't tell if the cop equivalent was lying, since, suposely, he can't know if it was Mike who "hypnotized him" or a setter. WE CAN DEDUCE THAT MIKE WAS EITHER A)SET UP BY A WITCH OR DA. B)ISN'T ALIGNED WITH THE VILLAGE.

I would say that the best course of action would be to lynch that person, but since he may be telling the truth, it would be awful to loose a cop. So, I think lynching Mike or the person who contacted Yun is not the best course of action. We can in fact,

take advantage if we No lynch, because, even if we loose a villager, we wouldn't be in the same square than today.

I would post the reasoning, but, since DA or witches may take advantage of it, I'll post it when the situation occurs.
So, in summary, I vote:
No Lynch.​SO YOUR BASICALLY ASKING US TO TRUST YOU THAT YOUR REASONING IS SOUND WITHOUT ACTUALLY STATING IT?

wait, now that I think about it, lurkers are a good start. Since they're not contributing, it's not like we loose much. Although they could be power roles, but I find that not likely, since they could help and do some intel with their own assupmtions, while they ​do not.

- - - Updated - - -

and act accordingly....SERIOUSLY? YOU ARE SAYING WE SHOULD TO TOSS DARTS(OR WORSE WAIT AS THE DA COVERTS(OR ASSUMING IT'S BASED ON A PROBABILITY KILLS INSTEAD) ANOTHER PLAYER IN THE DARK COMPARED TO DETERMINING WHETHER MIKE IS AN INNOCENT OR WITCH(ONE OF WHOM HAS THE ABILITY TO KILL ASSUMING THE WITCH BEING ASSIGNED A SPECIFIC ABILITY AS IN OP IS ANYTHING TO GO BY)/DA?

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 02:34 AM
Woooo, woke up to a shitstorm I've awoken.
---
BS gets more bro points!
--
Mike got actually suspicious aside from the part where I lynch him for lulz. Might not be completely correct because I'm allergic to very large or very large and capsed posts which all might as well have been stating nonsense since I didn't take the time to read them. But since Yun posted his role PM he's out of suspicion, while Mike isn't, and since he himself said that you can lynch people for being an annoyance.

Aside from that, there is another reason he gets crapload suspiciousness - dear villagers, remember what thing happened earlier this "day" with Yun and all of us.

My vote goes unchanged.

Reynel
October 22nd, 2012, 02:35 AM
WE CAN DEDUCE THAT MIKE WAS EITHER A)SET UP BY A WITCH OR DA. B)ISN'T ALIGNED WITH THE VILLAGE.

My point here is that if we lynch Mike, there are 2 possibilities: we succesfully lynch a mafia player equivalent, or we lynch an innocent villager.
In both cases, we would notice if the cop equivalent is telling the truth by the results, right? But this time, however, we have no way of proving him mafia equivalent even if Mike turns out to be a villager, and I find that too convenient.

SO YOUR BASICALLY ASKING US TO TRUST YOU THAT YOUR REASONING IS SOUND WITHOUT ACTUALLY STATING IT?
You are right that you people have no need to trust my reasoning if you don't know it. I'm okay with that, and accept that you take another course of action since you don't have any reason to believe me. If, however, we turn out to be in that situation, I will explain in that moment why I think that, and also the reason why it would be inconvenient to reveal it now.

...SERIOUSLY? YOU ARE SAYING WE SHOULD TO TOSS DARTS(OR WORSE WAIT AS THE DA COVERTS(OR ASSUMING IT'S BASED ON A PROBABILITY KILLS INSTEAD) ANOTHER PLAYER IN THE DARK COMPARED TO DETERMINING WHETHER MIKE IS AN INNOCENT OR WITCH(ONE OF WHOM HAS THE ABILITY TO KILL ASSUMING THE WITCH BEING ASSIGNED A SPECIFIC ABILITY AS IN OP IS ANYTHING TO GO BY)/DA?
I'm not implying that we should wait for everyone to be converted/killed. But we have no way to now if Mike is innocent or not unless we lynch him or the enemy kills him (if he is village). As stated before, lurkers are very likely to be enemies since they don't apport in the conversation (Although there may be exceptions, which, I, IMO, find not likely). Also, it may be no relevant, but I find likely since, in the last game, Blacstone messed up in the first day, he may want to say nothing in fear of messing up, but that has like 30% possibilities, wich I find a lot.

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 02:36 AM
*"while Mike isn't, and since he himself".

Reynel
October 22nd, 2012, 02:39 AM
Aside from that, there is another reason he gets crapload suspiciousness - dear villagers, remember what thing happened earlier this "day" with Yun and all of us.
I am oblivious to this, care to rephrase/explain?

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 02:41 AM
we lynch an innocent villager.
I can assure you it's not true. I'm 90% sure Mike has an active role, 55% that he's a mafia, 35% that he's some useful crap and maybe 10% or even less being a villager.

- - - Updated - - -

And no. I won't explain that part.

Reynel
October 22nd, 2012, 02:50 AM
I can assure you it's not true. I'm 90% sure Mike has an active role, 55% that he's a mafia, 35% that he's some useful crap and maybe 10% or even less being a villager.
90%+55%+35%+10%=lol wut?
Well, seriously speaking, how can you assure me if

My point is still up. Even if Mike is mafia equivalent, due to his supportive part last game, he is obligated to help in the conversation positively. Why? because if he does not, it will be clearly obvious that he is an enemy by not making sense.

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 02:55 AM
90% = active role, of which 55% is a mafia and 35% good crap.
Mafia and good crap are active roles.

You're clearly not reading into posts, are you by chance a mafia?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why would I go ahead assuring a mafia? I said "villagers".

Reynel
October 22nd, 2012, 03:04 AM
90% = active role, of which 55% is a mafia and 35% good crap.
Mafia and good crap are active roles.
That makes more sense now. I should go to sleep.

You're clearly not reading into posts, are you by chance a mafia?
I am not, but there is no reason why you would belive, apart for me trying to get conclusions.

Also, why would I go ahead assuring a mafia? I said "villagers".
What I meant is that ¿You can assure me that we are not lynching an innocent villager? You should read what you quoted.
Answer: you can't, unless you are a proven cop.
Also, it's 1:04 in my country, and tomorrow(I mean today) is Monday, so I should go to sleep. I'll check some more minutes and go to sleep.

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 04:07 AM
Okay, let's leave it at that. People who need to read this will get what I mean after reading it.

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 06:34 AM
So anyway, now that Mike is the one asleep, time to bash him for a change?

Ace
October 22nd, 2012, 07:39 AM

I, Raven asks these questions to you Ace and to Detective Blackstone, now defend yourselves.

I went to sleep which KT knows since I said I was on IRC.

Anyway, I'm inclined to trust Yun here. If he's wrong, well, we'll know who to lynch tomorrow. [LYNCH MIKE1984]

Yun
October 22nd, 2012, 11:38 AM
@EF ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE THE OP? ALSO WE MADE SURE TO BURN SPINACH'S BODY, CORRECT?

Anyway, I'm inclined to trust Yun here. If he's wrong, well, we'll know who to lynch tomorrow. [LYNCH MIKE1984]WHAT ADVANTAGE WOULD WE ACQUIRE BY LYNCHING THE TOWN CRIER?

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Alright, looks like I misunderstood something. After Milbunk clarified certain something for me (unwillingly), I take back villager thingy I said. Never happened. Let's go drink, Black.

Raven2785
October 22nd, 2012, 12:29 PM

Anyway, I'm inclined to trust Yun here. If he's wrong, well, we'll know who to lynch tomorrow. [LYNCH MIKE1984]

Lurkers turned out being mafia in the last game, if you're gonna be out might add well not lurk unless you want to face suspicion.

---
BS gets more bro points!
--
Mike got actually suspicious aside from the part where I lynch him for lulz. Might not be completely correct because I'm allergic to very large or very large and capsed posts which all might as well have been stating nonsense since I didn't take the time to read them. But since Yun posted his role PM he's out of suspicion, while Mike isn't, and since he himself said that you can lynch people for being an annoyance.

My vote goes unchanged.

Black Sword gets points for defending you but I don't? Remind me to come to your defense next time you are attacked while you sleep.

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
IT IS CERTAINLY A POSSIBILITY BUT A QUICK CONTEMPLATION OF THE RISK VS REWARD VARIABLE OF THIS SITUATION MAKES ME GO WITH THE LESS RISKY OPTION IE LYNCHING YOU.

The thing is, I am a generally useful player, so lynching me isn't really a great idea.

IT'S AN ASSUMPTION GIVEN TO THE INDIVIDUAL IN QUESTION BY ALLEGEDLY BY THE GM, SO FOR THE MOMENT I'M WILLING TO BELIEVE IT.

You see, to me, that's extremely suspicious. If the GM wanted to say "this guy is a witch", then he would have just said that outright. The fact that he's said "hey, you got no result, so he's probably a witch" suggests to me that either he's trolling, or your "cop" is lying to cover his back.

I'M NOT WILLING TO RISK THE POSSIBILITY THAT YOU ARE IN FACT MISLEADING OR LYING TO US THEREFORE I SUPPORT THE LYNCH.

What, exactly, are you "risking", though? It's not like having me around would make much difference even if I was Mafia, at this stage. We're not going to win by lynching one of them.

WHAT WOULD THAT ROLE BE?

I'm an ordinary villager, as I PM'd you quite a while ago. I didn't quote my role PM because I did not have a role PM.

AS I SAID BEFORE I'VE ALREADY REVEALED THE PM EF SENT TO ME WHETHER YOU BELIEVE ME OR NOT IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU BUT PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MIND SOMETIME SOON WHICH OF THE TWO CHOICES IT IS.

Well, having seen your role PM (I missed it the first time), I am now inclined to believe you. Although, if anyone else has a town role PM, it would be a good idea to check the wording of your win condition against Yun's, to see if they check out.

SHRUG IT'S INFORMATION WHETHER YOU TRUST IT ENOUGH TO FACTOR IT INTO YOUR DECISION MAKING IS UP TO YOU.

I'm pretty sure

YOUR SELF PROCLAIMED STATUS AS THE BEST PLAYER IS IRRELEVANT WHAT MATTERS IS WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE ALIGNED WITH THE VILLAGE FACTION. CONSIDERING YOU CLAIMED TO BE A NORMAL VILLAGER I'M NOT WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK THAT YOU ARE IN FACT TELLING US HALF TRUTHS OR FLAT OUT LYING BUT IF YOU SERIOUSLY ARE INNOCENT THEN I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS.

The thing is, even if I am Mafia, then at this stage we don't lose much. Sure, later in the game lynching me would make more sense, but right now it just makes working out the other Mafia members more difficult.

THAT IS ONE WAY TO VIEW IT.

It also happens to be the correct way, unless he's really Mafia and is conning us.

I DISAGREE CONSIDERING LETTING YOU LIVE IS UNACCEPTABLE AFTER TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE ENTIRE PM WHICH WAS SENT TO ME.

Right, so you're going to condemn me based on a private communication that only you have access to, that is from someone who isn't provably a villager. and which gives him an out even when I turn up as town?

Well, let's see. The reasoning to lynch Mike is really good. I'd vote for that, except I noticed something awfully convenient. If you notice, when the cop equivalent acuses someone, we can verify he is a cop (if the acused turns out to be mafia) or we discover that he lies and is mafia (if the acused turns out to be village). This time, however, we can notice that the person got an ambigual excuse to suspect: "he was hypnotized", wich means that if Mike turns out to be village, we can't tell if the cop equivalent was lying, since, suposely, he can't know if it was Mike who "hypnotized him" or a setter.
I would say that the best course of action would be to lynch that person, but since he may be telling the truth, it would be awful to loose a cop. So, I think lynching Mike or the person who contacted Yun is not the best course of action. We can in fact, take advantage if we No lynch, because, even if we loose a villager, we wouldn't be in the same square than today. I would post the reasoning, but, since DA or witches may take advantage of it, I'll post it when the situation occurs.
So, in summary, I vote:
No Lynch.​

Exactly. This is a perfect claim for the Mafia to make, because, even if I'm lynched and come up as a villager, the guy who made the claim can say "hey, it's not my fault", and no-one will dare lynch him because he might be a honest cop.

HM IT WOULD APPEAR IT'S NECESSARY FOR ME TO NOTE THE FACT THAT THE COP VARIANT IN QUESTION ONLY RETURNS ROLE RESULTS FOR VILLAGE ALIGNED PLAYERS ERGO IT COULD'VE FAILED DUE TO THE PERSON IN QUESTION NOT BEING VILLAGE ALIGNED.

But I am village aligned, so clearly something odd is going on....

WE CAN DEDUCE THAT MIKE WAS EITHER A)SET UP BY A WITCH OR DA. B)ISN'T ALIGNED WITH THE VILLAGE.

Or that I have some sort of "power" I don't know about that makes me turn up Mafia....

SO YOUR BASICALLY ASKING US TO TRUST YOU THAT YOUR REASONING IS SOUND WITHOUT ACTUALLY STATING IT?

Well, he could just PM it to you....

...SERIOUSLY? YOU ARE SAYING WE SHOULD TO TOSS DARTS(OR WORSE WAIT AS THE DA COVERTS(OR ASSUMING IT'S BASED ON A PROBABILITY KILLS INSTEAD) ANOTHER PLAYER IN THE DARK COMPARED TO DETERMINING WHETHER MIKE IS AN INNOCENT OR WITCH(ONE OF WHOM HAS THE ABILITY TO KILL ASSUMING THE WITCH BEING ASSIGNED A SPECIFIC ABILITY AS IN OP IS ANYTHING TO GO BY)/DA?

I'm actually a useful player, though, lurkers aren't. Indeed, all they do is act to camoflague the Mafia (if they are not Mafia theirselves).

---
BS gets more bro points!
--
Mike got actually suspicious aside from the part where I lynch him for lulz. Might not be completely correct because I'm allergic to very large or very large and capsed posts which all might as well have been stating nonsense since I didn't take the time to read them. But since Yun posted his role PM he's out of suspicion, while Mike isn't

I can't post my role PM because I don't have a role PM. Honestly, if I were mafia, then by now I'd have made up a role and posted it, because it would probably be safer than claiming to be a villager, and even if I did get lynched I'd have still forced a claim from someone.

and since he himself said that you can lynch people for being an annoyance.

No, I said you can lynch people for not playing the game properly, because "I'm dicking around" is often a very good excuse for the Mafia.

What?

At this time, I think I can trust Yun. Otherwise, who's gonna tell us all the annoucements and all that? Does everyone really want to start stabbing in the dark right now?

Yeah, I certainly am inclined to trust him at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fucking hell makes you think that, aside from "I'm a Mafia guy trying to get Mike lynched"?

- - - Updated - - -

Black Sword gets points for defending you but I don't? Remind me to come to your defense next time you are attacked while you sleep.

That's because Black Sword also went with his goal of "let's lynch Mike for the lulz", whereas you didn't.

Anyway, what is the current situation with regards to the votes? Because it might be worth anyone who supports me to switch to no lynch from lynching Enhance, since it's pretty clear that either no-lynch is going to win, or else the Mafia is going to successfully con you into lynching me and then our probably fake Cop is going to get away with it by saying "hey, I didn't realise that".

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Oh, and another thing I just realised. If, as we suspect, the Mafia decides to kill Yun tonight, then the identity of the "cop" who accused me goes to the grave with him. Which means that, not only does this fake cop have a ready-made excuse when his investigation turns out to be flawed, but he will most likely remain hidden completely, because Yun will die before he can tell anyone (and, telling someone else is rather risky, since they might be Mafia).

Honestly, whichever member of the Mafia thought up this plan I have to give them credit, because it's pretty good.

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Mike, you forgot to read that part:
"Alright, looks like I misunderstood something. After Milbunk clarified certain something for me (unwillingly), I take back villager thingy I said. Never happened. Let's go drink, Black."

Also, I still vote for lynching you.
Also,
I can't post my role PM because I don't have a role PM. Honestly, if I were mafia, then by now I'd have made up a role and posted it, because it would probably be safer than claiming to be a villager, and even if I did get lynched I'd have still forced a claim from someone. is a lie. You know why. And I didn't imply you should've posted your role pm; I just said that choosing between you and Yun is an obvious choice. Dunno and couldn't care less about Chaos.

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Mike, you forgot to read that part:
"Alright, looks like I misunderstood something. After Milbunk clarified certain something for me (unwillingly), I take back villager thingy I said. Never happened. Let's go drink, Black."

Right so, in other words, you're talking bollocks....

Also, I still vote for lynching you.

Yes, because you're a prick.

Also, is a lie. You know why.

How is it? If I claimed an important role, then you would be far less willing to just lynch me, and my previous distrust of Yun means that I would have an alibi for not telling him before.

And I didn't imply you should've posted your role pm; I just said that choosing between you and Yun is an obvious choice. Dunno and couldn't care less about Chaos.

Well, yes, but we're not voting to lynch Yun....

Bloble
October 22nd, 2012, 01:17 PM
How is it? If I claimed an important role, then you would be far less willing to just lynch me, and my previous distrust of Yun means that I would have an alibi for not telling him before.

If you claim a role, then the actual role can counter-claim, which will out you as Mafia since only a Mafia would claim such a thing in the first place. It's impossible to prove that someone's not a villager through counter-claims, thus it is easier to blend in if you claim such a thing.

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Mike running out of actual reasons and just acting like a hurt kitten and throwing insults implies I'm right.

Right now is obviously not the time mafia would claim some roles. Unless a bloody 40% of the village is mafia there's no reason to do so now.

- - - Updated - - -

And pretending to be a villager is always good for being mafia. You just say you can't post your PM because you don't have one, and no one can counterclaim you.

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Everyone remember, Mafia is a game.

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
^ I think he's the detective!

EnigmaticFellow
October 22nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Everyone remember, Mafia is a game.

Are you trying to ruin my chances of watching players getting butthurt?

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
If you claim a role, then the actual role can counter-claim, which will out you as Mafia since only a Mafia would claim such a thing in the first place. It's impossible to prove that someone's not a villager through counter-claims, thus it is easier to blend in if you claim such a thing.

That's only true if we assume that there is only one of each role, and also that the role exists at all. Sure, it is risky, but in the situation I'm in it would likely reduce my chances of being lynched, and even if it did not it would force one of the power roles to counter-claim and, thus, reveal theirselves.

Mike running out of actual reasons and just acting like a hurt kitten and throwing insults implies I'm right.

No, it implies that I'm right but know damn well I cannot prove it.

Right now is obviously not the time mafia would claim some roles. Unless a bloody 40% of the village is mafia there's no reason to do so now.

In an open game, no, but in this game we don't know for sure how many cops or doctors there are, or what other roles exist. So, even if someone does counter-claim as the cop, we can't be sure that one of them is lying.

And pretending to be a villager is always good for being mafia. You just say you can't post your PM because you don't have one, and no one can counterclaim you.

Yes, it is but, for that very reason, in a situation like this it doesn't work too well. Claiming a power role means that people are wary to lynch you.

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
I don't believe you. Lynch.

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Enigmatic Fellow, could we get a current vote count?

Yun
October 22nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Oh, and another thing I just realised. If, as we suspect, the Mafia decides to kill Yun tonight, then the identity of the "cop" who accused me goes to the grave with him. Which means that, not only does this fake cop have a ready-made excuse when his investigation turns out to be flawed, but he will most likely remain hidden completely, because Yun will die before he can tell anyone (and, telling someone else is rather risky, since they might be Mafia).SOMEONE ALREADY CONSIDERED SUCH A SITUATION BACK ON NIGHT 0 AND PREPARED FOR IT AS IS ONLY PRUDENT.

AND WITH THAT I'M DONE TALKING TO MIKE BECAUSE HE IS BASICALLY TRYING TO STOP PEOPLE FROM VOTING TO LYNCH HIM BY CHANGING THE SUBJECT, TRYING TO GET SPECIAL ROLES TO REVEAL THEMSELVES, AND BROAD ACCUSATIONS AGAINST "LURKERS" WHICH IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF THING SOMEONE WITH NOTHING TO LOSE WOULD DO IE THE DA WHOSE MINIONS DIE AFTER HE IS GONE OR THE WITCH WHOSE SPECIAL ABILITY IS A NIGHT KILL.

FOR THOSE VOTING IN FAVOR OF A NO LYNCH CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITY THAT EACH WITCH HAS A SPECIAL ABILITY MEANING THAT THEY DON'T HAVE A GROUP KILL MEANING IF WE TAKE OUT THE WITCH WHOSE ABILITY IS TO KILL PLAYERS WE WON'T BE LOSING VILLAGERS EVERY NIGHT. I'LL NOTE THIS IS PURELY SPECULATION BASED UPON THE ROLE IN THE OP.

ADDITIONALLY IF HE WAS REALLY A NORMAL VILLAGER HE WOULDN'T BE IN SUCH A PANIC OVER BEING LYNCHED BECAUSE THE LOSE OF A SINGLE VILLAGER WITH NO SPECIAL POWERS IS BETTER THAN RISKING HAVING A WITCH/DA INFLUENCING WHO WE LYNCH OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
SOMEONE ALREADY CONSIDERED SUCH A SITUATION BACK ON NIGHT 0 AND PREPARED FOR IT AS IS ONLY PRUDENT.

What?

AND WITH THAT I'M DONE TALKING TO MIKE BECAUSE HE IS BASICALLY TRYING TO STOP PEOPLE FROM VOTING TO LYNCH HIM BY CHANGING THE SUBJECT

When?

TRYING TO GET SPECIAL ROLES TO REVEAL THEMSELVES

When?

AND BROAD ACCUSATIONS AGAINST "LURKERS"

Entirely logical accusations against lurkers, you mean...?

WHICH IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF THING SOMEONE WITH NOTHING TO LOSE WOULD DO IE THE DA WHOSE MINIONS DIE AFTER HE IS GONE OR THE WITCH WHOSE SPECIAL ABILITY IS A NIGHT KILL.

Or, alternately, I know that I'm from the village and, thus, know that it's not in our interests to lynch me.

FOR THOSE VOTING IN FAVOR OF A NO LYNCH CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITY THAT EACH WITCH HAS A SPECIAL ABILITY MEANING THAT THEY DON'T HAVE A GROUP KILL MEANING IF WE TAKE OUT THE WITCH WHOSE ABILITY IS TO KILL PLAYERS WE WON'T BE LOSING VILLAGERS EVERY NIGHT. I'LL NOTE THIS IS PURELY SPECULATION BASED UPON THE ROLE IN THE OP.

I find that highly unlikely. It would make the game totally broken, since if the witches lose their killer they're basically fucked.

ADDITIONALLY IF HE WAS REALLY A NORMAL VILLAGER HE WOULDN'T BE IN SUCH A PANIC OVER BEING LYNCHED BECAUSE THE LOSE OF A SINGLE VILLAGER WITH NO SPECIAL POWERS IS BETTER THAN RISKING HAVING A WITCH/DA INFLUENCING WHO WE LYNCH OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

I wouldn't be except that I know I'm not Mafia, and I also know that my ability to work things out is rather helpful....

Yun
October 22nd, 2012, 02:46 PM
Enigmatic Fellow, could we get a current vote count?
NO LYNCH: MIKE, BLOBLE, RAVEN REYNEL.
LYNCH MIKE: ENHANCE, YUN, BS, ACE.
LYNCH ENHANCE: GESALT.

EnigmaticFellow
October 22nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
LYNCH MIKE: ENHANCE, YUN, BS, ACE.

That seems to match up with what I have.

Yun
October 22nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
SNIPYOU JUST PROVED MY POINT ABOUT BEING DESPERATE ENOUGH(ALTERNATIVELY YOU ARE FISHING FOR INFORMATION) TO USE ANYTHING TO GET OUT OF BEING LYNCHED LIKE ANSWERING A SUBJECTIVE STATEMENT WITH QUESTIONS AND YOUR OWN OPINION AS IF IT IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

RR121
October 22nd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Somehow you both missed me in there, but Mike, I'm willing to change my mind. Who would you suspect to a point where you consider them more suspicious than you are?

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT ABOUT BEING DESPERATE ENOUGH(ALTERNATIVELY YOU ARE FISHING FOR INFORMATION) TO USE ANYTHING TO GET OUT OF BEING LYNCHED

What?

Honestly, if you hadn't posted your role PM, I'd be almost certain that you were Mafia by now, given that you seem willing to outright make things up just to get me lynched.

If anyone has a village PM and the wording of their win condition disagrees with Yun's, it might be a good idea to PM me with it to confirm that, because he could easily have made that role PM up, but he couldn't get the exact wording right. And, before you say that I'm "fishing for information", I'd like to point out that, in the event that Yun is Mafia, I am almost certainly not, since he's gone a very long way to get me lynched.

LIKE ANSWERING A SUBJECTIVE STATEMENT WITH QUESTIONS

No, I was answering a bunch of baseless accusations with a question asking you to justify said accusations.

YOUR OWN OPINION AS IF IT IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

How is "I am not Mafia" an "opinion"? It is a statement of fact. I may potentially be lying, but I know full well whether or not I am Mafia.

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow you both missed me in there, but Mike, I'm willing to change my mind. Who would you suspect to a point where you consider them more suspicious than you are?

Honestly, Enhance does seem pretty suspicious, if only because he went after me for no real reason. And, for that matter, Yun is acting pretty suspiciously, but he's too valuable to lose at this point, and he seems pretty much confirmed.

Other than that, I dunno. Most likely one of the people who have posted very little, especially if they've been active elsewhere. I think Detective Blackstone is potentially suspicious, simply because he was extremely active last time, got caught out and is now saying very little. He might just be away, though.

Yun
October 22nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
LYNCH MIKE: ENHANCE, YUN, BS, RR, ACE.

Somehow you both missed me in there, but Mike, I'm willing to change my mind. Who would you suspect to a point where you consider them more suspicious than you are?MY APOLOGIES AND I'M CURIOUS WHO HE THINKS AS WELL BECAUSE IF NOTHING ELSE IT WOULD GIVE US POSSIBLE SUSPECTS TO LOOK AT IF HE IS LYNCHED AND TURNS UP INNOCENT.

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
MY APOLOGIES AND I'M CURIOUS WHO HE THINKS AS WELL BECAUSE IF NOTHING ELSE IT WOULD GIVE US POSSIBLE SUSPECTS TO LOOK AT IF HE IS LYNCHED AND TURNS UP INNOCENT.

Yeah, honestly, I can see your reasoning for lynching me, but I think it's a bad idea, if only because I'm very good at analysing the game and working stuff out.

Bloble
October 22nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah, honestly, I can see your reasoning for lynching me, but I think it's a bad idea, if only because I'm very good at analysing the game and working stuff out.

Uh, Mike, not to try to belittle you or anything, but from what I've seen you were only the best player in the previous game.

I think Yun's proven himself to be quite shrewd and cunning here, perhaps more so than even you. If we assume that he's already got at least one special role talking to him, and he's all but confirmed Townie, then he's a lot more useful than you are at the moment.

Still voting No Lynch, though.

Yun
October 22nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah, honestly, I can see your reasoning for lynching me, but I think it's a bad idea, if only because I'm very good at analysing the game and working stuff out.NO PLAYER IS AN UNACCEPTABLE CASUALTY FOR THE SAKE OF THE VILLAGE WINNING MYSELF INCLUDED.

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Uh, Mike, not to try to belittle you or anything, but from what I've seen you were only the best player in the previous game.

I think Yun's proven himself to be quite shrewd and cunning here, perhaps more so than even you. If we assume that he's already got at least one special role talking to him, and he's all but confirmed Townie, then he's a lot more useful than you are at the moment.

Still voting No Lynch, though.

Yeah, Yun probably is more useful than me at the moment, which is why I'm not voting to lynch him despite me still being a little suspicious of him. Doesn't mean that you should lynch me, though.

NO PLAYER IS AN UNACCEPTABLE CASUALTY FOR THE SAKE OF THE VILLAGE WINNING MYSELF INCLUDED.

Sure, but the question is whether lynching a guy who is good at finding the Mafia on day one is a good move....

Yun
October 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Sure, but the question is whether lynching a guy who is good at finding the Mafia on day one is a good move....I VIEW THE DANGERS OF LETTING YOU LIVE AS GREATER AND ALL OF THE OTHER TARGETS LOOK LESS SUSPICIOUS THAN YOU DUE TO SOMEONE CLAIMING A COP VARIANT ROLE.

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 03:51 PM
I VIEW THE DANGERS OF LETTING YOU LIVE AS GREATER AND ALL OF THE OTHER TARGETS LOOK LESS SUSPICIOUS THAN YOU DUE TO SOMEONE CLAIMING A COP VARIANT ROLE.

I don't see why letting me live is that dangerous at this stage, honestly.

Erlkonig
October 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
I can't read with all these textwalls.

Lynch Mike

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
I can't read with all these textwalls.

Lynch Mike

Nice to see some actual reasoning there....

Erlkonig
October 22nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
I've acquired much renown thanks to my great critical thinking skills.

- - - Updated - - -

oops.

I've acquired much reknown thanks to my great critical thinking skills.

Sorry, this was what was previously in

Enhance
October 22nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
I actually gave the same reasoning before. You even quoted it.

Just saying. Erl h5.

Chaos Greyblood
October 22nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Lynch Enhance. I think we're seriously threading on thin ice if we commit a mistake right here and I'm not about to commit such mistakes.

Mike1984
October 22nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
Lynch Enhance. I think we're seriously threading on thin ice if we commit a mistake right here and I'm not about to commit such mistakes.

Honestly, at this point, the best way to avoid lynching me is to no-lynch. We're not going to get enough people to support lynching Enhance.