PDA

View Full Version : Ohayocon 2013

Elf
November 3rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Next year Roadbuster and I will once again be attending Ohayocon (http://www.ohayocon.org/) in Columbus, OH on the weekend of January 18-20th in 2013.

We had a bit of a BL meet and greet last year with Spinach and Link. We'd like to see if we can get a bigger BL meet and greet this year!

Last year Roadbuster and I did a Type-Moon Panel and I did a writing and a how to write Lemons panel. Hopefully we'll get to repeat the experience again this year! The Lemon panel was a blast and Roadbuster as my tech guy turned all sorts of colors while going through my slides.

So, we hope to see you guys there!

Spinach
November 3rd, 2012, 10:54 PM
I'm very much looking to go. I hope some more BLers show up. It was cool to meet RB and Link, if only briefly, and hanging out with Elf was fun. Also ill be sure to arrive early enough to sign up if there's another Melty tournament.

Bloble
November 4th, 2012, 12:06 AM
I... I might actually be able to go.

Maybe. If I can somehow convince my parents to drive me for 7 hours just so I can go to a con.

Spinach
November 4th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Do it. That's about as far as I drive to get there. We can both be the sillyheads driving in from hours away.

Airen
November 4th, 2012, 12:24 AM
...This actually wouldn't be too long of a drive for me.

...I'll think about it. Not that anyone outside the RP section really knows who I am lol

SeiKeo
November 4th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Literally right after my winter break ends, looooool.

Elf
November 4th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Just let me know, so I can plan a BL meet and greet. <3

Plus, Lemon Panel. Roadbuster changing colors. Ask Spin, he saw it.

Aiden
November 4th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Ah, fuck, that's like right at the tail end of my winter break I think.

Elf
November 4th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Ah, fuck, that's like right at the tail end of my winter break I think.

Try to come, pleassseeee!

You can go to the lemon panel!

Aiden
November 5th, 2012, 12:09 AM
447 miles across the equivalent of like two states by the end of my break. If it were earlier, maybe.

Elf
December 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM
So I got an email this morning approving my four panels: Writing Lemons: How to #[email protected]!, Writing, Beyond Fanfiction: Tips and Tricks for Genre Writing, Type-Moon: Prana Transfers and Power Levels, and Vampires Don't Sparkle.

I hope to see you guys there!

terraablaze
December 7th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Type-Moon: Prana Transfers and Power Levels,

I am confuzzled now.

Elf
December 9th, 2012, 12:31 AM
I am confuzzled now.

Its okay, we'll be mostly gentle.

Spinach
December 9th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Exciiiite

terraablaze
December 9th, 2012, 09:42 AM
But I can't get to Ohio. Someone should record those panels.

Lianru
December 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM
^

laaaiiiiiin plz

- - - Updated - - -

^

laaaiiiiiin plz

Elf
December 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM
So you gonna be there this year man?

The lemon panel will be even BETTER this year.

Spinach
December 9th, 2012, 03:30 PM
So you gonna be there this year man?

The lemon panel will be even BETTER this year.

I'm planning on it. I'll know for sure about a week or two ahead of time.

Elf
December 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I'm planning on it. I'll know for sure about a week or two ahead of time.

Whoo!

Plus the "Vampires that Don't Sparkle" is going to be fun as well.

terraablaze
December 9th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Wouldn't that be any vampires other then Twilight ones? What board topic matter.

RadiantBeam
December 9th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Goddammit why are the good cons so far away from New Jersey.

Elf
December 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM

Blame Snooki and her crew.

Do you think any otaku or nerd wants to be within 50 miles of those Guidos?

RadiantBeam
December 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Blame Snooki and her crew.

Do you think any otaku or nerd wants to be within 50 miles of those Guidos?

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/rage-classic.png

Elf
December 13th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Hey, give a Guido a box . . . they'll play with it.

In other words though, anyone else coming than Spinach?

Bloble
December 13th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Hey, give a Guido a box . . . they'll play with it.

In other words though, anyone else coming than Spinach?

I might be able to come if I pull off a miracle, but probably not.

Highwayman
December 13th, 2012, 12:54 AM
The airfare from Philadelphia is only about $200 round trip, and Columbus has some affordable hotels, too.

Elf, have the con organizers finalized the programming schedule yet? I'd hate to miss one of your panels by leaving early, but I don't know if I have the energy for a three day convention.

Elf
December 13th, 2012, 01:41 AM
They haven't gave any schedules yet, but I requested for Friday and Saturday. Nothing really happens on Sunday and that's when I'd be driving the 3 hour drive from Columbus back to where I currently live with Roadbuster.

Spinach
December 13th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Yeah, Sunday just had the closing ceremonies which was pretty uninteresting. Save for the part where this one chick who was up there talking made out with another chick. And another.

Lianru
December 13th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I might be able to come if I pull off a miracle, but probably not.
This.

I'll be in Ohio two weeks before that but unfortunately not for leisure and not for that long. :(

ratstsrub
December 13th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Depending on a couple of factors (including whether or not I'll be in Ohio anyways around then), I might swing by.

If I do, I'll be sure to make fun of you Elf. :D

Elf
December 14th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Depending on a couple of factors (including whether or not I'll be in Ohio anyways around then), I might swing by.

If I do, I'll be sure to make fun of you Elf. :D

Bring it, I can handle a heckler.

Raven2785
December 14th, 2012, 12:12 AM

I feel your pain Beam. I languish with the lack of good cons in NJ. On the plus side, we do get Comicon in NY every year.

The Geek
December 15th, 2012, 02:33 AM

Hah, try trying to get there from Oregon. Too 'spensive 4 me. Plus, that's my finals week I think.

Elf
December 19th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Well, I hope to meet at least someone there. :3

RoadBuster
December 19th, 2012, 03:18 AM
I'll also be running an Arcade Gaming at Home panel and possibly Co-hosting a Resident Evil panel that shows the differences between someone that started with the first RE (Me) and someone that started at 4 (My friend). This is in addition to the TM Panel with Elf and the other panels she's running.

Elf
December 21st, 2012, 03:50 PM
It will be glorious!

Seriously though he's not kidding about the "Arcade Gaming At Home". I know, I live there too.

Spinach
December 22nd, 2012, 01:44 AM
Sounds like you two have quite the schedule. All I've got planned is to idle in the dealer's room, roam from room to room*, and stare at cute girls.

* Includes your panels

Elf
December 22nd, 2012, 02:13 AM
Sounds like you two have quite the schedule. All I've got planned is to idle in the dealer's room, roam from room to room*, and stare at cute girls.

* Includes your panels

Are you ready for your anatomy lesson this year?

Spinach
December 22nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Of course. I need to learn more about proper lubing.

RadiantBeam
December 22nd, 2012, 11:55 PM
I expect stories for those of us who can't attend.

Lianru
December 23rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Or recordings. But then again, given the craziness, stories are probably enough.

RadiantBeam
December 23rd, 2012, 10:40 PM
Recorded stories.

Elf
December 24th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Honestly, I would be eternally happy if someone could video tape the lemon panel at least. :3

Spinach
December 24th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I'll... think about it.

Elf
December 24th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I'll... think about it.

It can be put on YouTube and shown to the WORLD.

Elf
January 10th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Got the tentative schedule for the panels!

My panels are scheduled on Friday night and Saturday afternoon and night!

Spinach
January 10th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Then this time I'll be able to find you on Friday! See you then.

Elf
January 13th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Then this time I'll be able to find you on Friday! See you then.

Yes, "Vampires Don't Sparkle" is the panel on Friday night, and after that Roadbuster is co-hosting a Resident Evil one in the same room.

TheMaster_Rahl
January 16th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Also ill be sure to arrive early enough to sign up if there's another Melty tournament.

If you can save and upload replays, I'd ilke to watch. I'm always interested in seeing Melty at any lvl of play, so long as it's against another person. (I wonder if Brandino is weeaboo enough to show up to events like this...)
I try to show up to the cons in Dallas every year, mostly A-Kon, and bring Melty.

Shame I can't travel out to this.
Good luck on panels!:neco_arc:

-TexasTim-

Spinach
January 16th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I can probably ask the guy there running it if he'd be cool with sending the replay files to me by email. He was pretty chill IIRC. That said, last year everyone playing was pretty much either A) new to the game entirely or B) had never played with stick (me!) so it was just flailing wildly.

Elf
January 16th, 2013, 11:39 PM
I can probably ask the guy there running it if he'd be cool with sending the replay files to me by email. He was pretty chill IIRC. That said, last year everyone playing was pretty much either A) new to the game entirely or B) had never played with stick (me!) so it was just flailing wildly.

Playing any fighting game with a fight stick when you're not familiar with one is like HOLY FUCKING CHRIST! Or in the case of Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Wolverine going over and over again, "Swiss Cheese!"

Roadbuster is also doing a panel on Arcade Gaming At Home as well. :)

But Friday, "Vampires Don't Sparkle". Hope to see you there. :)

Spinach
January 17th, 2013, 08:49 PM
And I just noticed there is no Melty tournament this year anyway. Wonderful.

Paitouch
January 21st, 2013, 01:43 PM
So is the TM panel D_S mentioned yours? (http://crymore.net/2013/01/21/ohayocon-2013-days-01/)

Elf
January 28th, 2013, 12:57 AM
So is the TM panel D_S mentioned yours? (http://crymore.net/2013/01/21/ohayocon-2013-days-01/)

Nope, ours was on Saturday and was general Type-Moon and not FSN. (And we would have gushed about UBW and not HF.)

hatori
January 28th, 2013, 10:51 PM
pictures.. Pictures... Peektures~!!!!

Elf
January 29th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Well, since Roadbuster and I weren't cosplaying, we didn't get any pictures of us. We do have some of other cosplayers though.

Owain
May 2nd, 2013, 12:37 AM
Wait, YOU guys hosted the Fate/Stay Night "Type-Moon: Prana Transfers and Power Levels" panel?...if only I joined this site sooner. I actually went to Ohayocon all weekend and was trying so damn hard to get to all the Fate/Stay Night oriented stuff. I was dressed up as Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4 so I'm not sure if anyone saw me (I had my natural hair color, and black head phones compared to the usual colored one)

I missed the panel AND the photo shoot because my friend signed me up for several of the freaking fighting game tournaments. On the bright side, I actually won the Blazblue one so I'll have free-admission for next year!

Welp, now I'm even more excited for next year.

Spinach
May 2nd, 2013, 12:49 AM
Were you there last year too?

Owain
May 2nd, 2013, 12:53 AM
...I thiiiiiink. Yeah, I'm sure. Because I remember wearing a hilariously awful Kyo Kusanagi cosplay! But I didn't know about Fate/Stay Night then, that's why this year I tried so hard to visit all the F/SN stuff (no luck, at all) least I ran into a really cool Shirou who was helpful.

Spinach
May 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM
I probably never ran into you then. Or maybe I did. Who knows!

Owain
May 2nd, 2013, 01:04 AM
Not to worry, it's so freaking crazy there it's hard to remember all the faces. I'll probably dress up as Yosuke again next year though for convenience though, want me to post a image of my cosplay? (I'll edit out my face cause I'm so annoyingly self conscious though)

Spinach
May 2nd, 2013, 01:48 AM
Sure.

Owain
May 2nd, 2013, 02:08 AM
It's not my best picture, but I'm happy that I didn't have to edit anything.

http://i.imgur.com/mIbEeqO.jpg

Elf
May 2nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Wait, YOU guys hosted the Fate/Stay Night "Type-Moon: Prana Transfers and Power Levels" panel?...if only I joined this site sooner. I actually went to Ohayocon all weekend and was trying so damn hard to get to all the Fate/Stay Night oriented stuff. I was dressed up as Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4 so I'm not sure if anyone saw me (I had my natural hair color, and black head phones compared to the usual colored one)

I missed the panel AND the photo shoot because my friend signed me up for several of the freaking fighting game tournaments. On the bright side, I actually won the Blazblue one so I'll have free-admission for next year!

Welp, now I'm even more excited for next year.

We do this panel pretty much every year, so hopefully we'll get to see you next year. :) Roadbuster and I pretty much do a couple of other panels as well.

Arch-Magos Winter
May 2nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Try being in flyover country. There are NO cons, except for outdoor shows.

ratstsrub
May 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
We do this panel pretty much every year, so hopefully we'll get to see you next year. :) Roadbuster and I pretty much do a couple of other panels as well.

I didn't catch you guys this year, the time didn't work out, but I'll see you guys next year.

Get ready for a guy to make fun of your stuff.

D:

Elf
May 2nd, 2013, 11:00 PM
I didn't catch you guys this year, the time didn't work out, but I'll see you guys next year.

Get ready for a guy to make fun of your stuff.

D:

Well, just be prepared for retaliation that's all.

RoadBuster
May 3rd, 2013, 01:40 AM
I took a picture of a Yosuke, but it was with a Kanji and Rise, and the outfit looked a bit different, so I don't think it was you.

Owain
May 3rd, 2013, 01:49 AM
Yeah, that wasn't me. Now that you mention it, I JUST realized I never actually posed with the Persona 4 cosplayers. I even missed the photo shoot for it and everything.

But alas, there is always next year and I plan to be a lot more social! (And not stay cramped in the game room entering into every single freaking video gaming tournament...)

RoadBuster
May 3rd, 2013, 03:31 AM
How... did you breathe with long term exposure to that room...?

ratstsrub
May 3rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Well, just be prepared for retaliation that's all.

Just bring food and drinks.

Oh wait are outside food and drinks banned?

Elf
May 11th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Just bring food and drinks.

Oh wait are outside food and drinks banned?

Considering there is a rather large food court in the convention center, I'd say yes.

Spinach
May 11th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Didn't stop me from walking around with a mountain dew that I purchased down the street.

fuck da poe-lease

Petrikow
May 11th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Didn't stop me from walking around with a mountain dew that I purchased down the street.

fuck da poe-lease

luk at dis gansta