PDA

View Full Version : GO VOTE (Election night panic/joy)

Neir
November 6th, 2012, 12:54 PM
American citizens eighteen years and older, get out and fucking vote.

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Nah.

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
November 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Accidentally burned my mail-in ballot

Artee
November 6th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I already went.

..wait, wtf am I saying

Milbunk
November 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I prolly will after I get off work.

EnigmaticFellow
November 6th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Early voting is great so I can avoid the annoying lines. So yeah, I already voted.

Theocrass
November 6th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Vote for me for president!

Artee
November 6th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Voting in the middle of the week is something weird to me. The elections here are always on sundays.

Bittersweet
November 6th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I would love to vote an bear!

KENTA
November 6th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I think I would rather do almost literally anything else. I haven't been this apathetic in......ever.

Spinach
November 6th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Can't vote out of state

Bittersweet
November 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Vote 3rd party to make a political statement no one is listening to.

Artee
November 6th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Can't vote out of state
Then will you justify ?

Theocrass
November 6th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I would love to vote an bear!

Thank you!

Spinach
November 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Then will you justify ?

Huuuh?

Bittersweet
November 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Thank you!

But Mr. Bear, I was wondering about your stance on a few issues. For example, keeping trash bags in locked bins or on high tree limbs, away from campsites?

Theocrass
November 6th, 2012, 01:32 PM
But Mr. Bear, I was wondering about your stance on a few issues. For example, keeping trash bags in locked bins or on high tree limbs, away from campsites?

A difficult and controversial issue, to be sure.

Keeping trash bags away from bears deprives them of delicious human food. But on the other hand, it puts them into conflict with humans.

It just seems like no matter what we do, we can't make the bears and the people happy. Not the bears have much to be happy about.

Are you aware that bears still cannot purchase property in the United States of America? If I become your president, I will do everything I can to change that.

Bittersweet
November 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Hmm, I see.

Where do you stand on the bees/honey issue?

terraablaze
November 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I don't even know where I'm supposed to vote. If it's not in walking distance I won't be able to make it.

Aiden
November 6th, 2012, 01:47 PM
A difficult and controversial issue, to be sure.

Keeping trash bags away from bears deprives them of delicious human food. But on the other hand, it puts them into conflict with humans.

It just seems like no matter what we do, we can't make the bears and the people happy. Not the bears have much to be happy about.

Are you aware that bears still cannot purchase property in the United States of America? If I become your president, I will do everything I can to change that.

Where do you stand on the right to Bear Arms? Do you believe humans have a right to possess bear arms of their own?

Artee
November 6th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Huuuh?
I meant.. At least here when you're out of your city, you should justify your absence by filling out a form.

Heroslayer
November 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I'd vote if my state was a battle ground state. Not much point when you're in a sure fire state for one of the candidates.

Bittersweet
November 6th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Where do you stand on the right to Bear Arms? Do you believe humans have a right to possess bear arms of their own?

I personally believe that bear arms are too dangerous a weapon for anyone to be trusted with, including bears themselves. I would support a federal ban on all posession, calling for immediate confiscation of all bear arms and their subsequent destruction by burning.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd vote if my state was a battle ground state. Not much point when you're in a sure fire state for one of the candidates.

Vote third party so you can at least not feel like an apathetic slob.

Aiden
November 6th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I personally believe that bear arms are too dangerous a weapon for anyone to be trusted with, including bears themselves. I would support a federal ban on all posession, calling for immediate confiscation of all bear arms and their subsequent destruction by burning.

So you advocate for the amputation of the arms of bears?

She's a horrible fascist, people. Don't listen to her filth.

DreamsRequiem
November 6th, 2012, 02:00 PM
....just please don't vote for the one that'll cause the zombie apocalypse, or world war 3.

Heroslayer
November 6th, 2012, 02:01 PM
....just please don't vote for the one that'll cause the zombie apocalypse, or world war 3.

So... I have to vote third party?

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Uh, you have to not vote.

Bittersweet
November 6th, 2012, 02:02 PM
So you advocate for the amputation of the arms of bears?

She's a horrible fascist, people. Don't listen to her filth.

Not fascist, I just think that only the government and police agencies can be trusted with the responsibility of handling bear arms. If we ban them from ordinary people, the violent crime rate and bear maulings will obviously drop to zero!

For example, just look at most of Europe and Asia. They all have bans on bear arms, and as a result their violent crime rates/bear maulings are next to nonexistent. And of course, I absolutely trust all of their governments to keep the well being of their people in heart at all times.

KENTA
November 6th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Vote third party so you can at least not feel like an apathetic slob.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Aiden
November 6th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Not fascist, I just think that only the government and police agencies can be trusted with the responsibility of handling bear arms. If we ban them from ordinary people, the violent crime rate and bear maulings will obviously drop to zero!

You're advocating to remove the arms of bears. From bears.

It's pure discrimination!

Bittersweet
November 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
You're advocating to remove the arms of bears. From bears.

It's pure discrimination!

Not just bears, everyone except law enforcement. Race or species has nothing to do with it. If bears want to keep their arms, then they should become public servants or military.

lilithsama
..I refuse to vote cus 1 im in class/working on shit all day and 2 i would just right in what i have in my sig =_=

Theocrass
Hmm, I see.

Where do you stand on the bees/honey issue?
Bees all over the world are disappearing. And something needs to be done about this before all the bees and honey in the world disappear. If I become president, I'll take half the defense budget and put it towards the conservation of bees!

Now, obviously, we don't want to deprive good, hard-working bears of their own arms. But I believe possessing bear arms would be a fulfilling and enriching experience for many people. So I have already begun working on plans for an organization dedicated solely to producing prosthetic bear arms for any who may require them.

This is a controversial issue. But it's also not as big a problem as people think.

The statistics show that doctors kill more people than bear arms do every year. Should we ban doctors?

The fact that bear arms might kill some people every once in a while is not a reason to deprive bears of their arms.

DreamsRequiem
November 6th, 2012, 02:08 PM
...we're all doomed either way, so I guess you can just vote for the guy who can delay our doom for even just a little bit.

Aiden
November 6th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Bees all over the world are disappearing. And something needs to be done about this before all the bees and honey in the world disappear. If I become president, I'll take half the defense budget and put it towards the conservation of bees!

Now, obviously, we don't want to deprive good, hard-working bears of their own arms. But I believe possessing bear arms would be a fulfilling and enriching experience for many people. So I have already begun working on plans for an organization dedicated solely to producing prosthetic bear arms for any who may require them.

So what about health care? How do you plan to update our medical system to accommodate the influx of non-human citizens that would follow from your policies?

Kotonoha
November 6th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Wow, Stephen Colbert was right.

Bittersweet
November 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I bet Theo'll propose something like "Have bears eat the sick people to cut medicare costs".

Aiden
November 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM

Of course he was!

Theocrass
November 6th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Ha! I forgot about his bear thing. xD

I bet Theo'll propose something like "Have bears eat the sick people to cut medicare costs".
Of course not!

Then the poor bears would get sick!

So what about health care? How do you plan to update our medical system to accommodate the influx of non-human citizens that would follow from your policies?
Obviously, we'll be working closely with Veterinarians and experts in bear physiology, as they will already have the necessary experience to handle things. So we'll kick some money their way, or something.

Let's not talk about the issues I don't have answers for. That's no fun.

Let's talk about the issues I do have answers for.

Let's talk about how I'll outlaw Tex Mex across the country, because it deeply offends me as a Mexican American.

Kotonoha
November 6th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I went to a tex mex place when I was in the states recently and it was pretty tasty, not gonna lie

November 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM
But I love tex mex

Spinach
November 6th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I meant.. At least here when you're out of your city, you should justify your absence by filling out a form.

I'm not aware of any such equivalent here.

- - - Updated - - -

Also texmex >>>>>>> normal Mexican cuisine.

RadiantBeam
November 6th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Haha, no.

Both the main candidates who stand a chance at winning suck. It's really choosing the lesser of two evils, and they both look horrible.

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Haha, no.

Both the main candidates who stand a chance at winning suck. It's really choosing the lesser of two evils, and they both look horrible.

Do you wish to share this to the rest of the class?

Kotonoha
November 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I fucking hate you

KENTA
November 6th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Love you too Koto.

Lancelot
November 6th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Haha, no.

It was the same here, I went to vote cause I needed to ( danm Brazil..), but I didn't vote on them.

Artee
November 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I'm not aware of any such equivalent here.

Lucky ya, we're obliged to vote.

Kotonoha
November 6th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Love you too Koto.
nope nope nope

KENTA
November 6th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Koto is tsundere for apathetic people.

lilithsama
November 6th, 2012, 03:25 PM
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6185/voterapathyparty.jpg

Tobias
November 6th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I am not voting. If I lived in Ohio, or Florida, hell, I would have already voted, I'da had a sign outside, a bumper sticker, whole 9 yards, but I live in Texas, and I know how the electoral college works, so instead I'm just gonna watch the election unfold tonight and get drunk.

November 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Texas is supposed to become a major swing state in 3 election cycles so you should probably vote regardless

- - - Updated - - -

Texas is supposed to become a major swing state in 3 election cycles so you should probably vote regardless

Laith
November 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM

You are death to me Spinach. Nah, not really.

Tobias
November 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM

- - - Updated - - -

not quite, its theorized that Texas may become purple at some point, when depends on who you talk to, as a result of the Latino boom. however that day is not today, as evidenced by the polls. at the time where Texas becomes even remotely competitive, you can be assured I will certainly be at the polling place come election day

Lycodrake
November 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Already voted.

Spinach
November 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I'd vote but I can't get offa me Koto

- - - Updated - - -

You are death to me Spinach. Nah, not really.

Nou

Neir
November 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM
voooooooooooote

Five_X
November 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Silly Koto, we Canadians don't vote. We just tolerate a few more years of King Harper's regime.

Nicktendonick
November 6th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Tobias, you're from Texas? Cool. (Better then here in florida.)

Then what about you running? You know the saying, if you want something done do it yourself.

And I already voted. Absentee ballot, after freaking out on how'd I'd get it in and go to school (11-7, when polls close), my mom said she'd drop it off for me. Many sighs of relief were had. Was was bloody insane today, but at least I had a moment of relief.

-----

And like everyone else said, go vote!

Kotonoha
November 6th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Silly Koto, we Canadians don't vote. We just tolerate a few more years of King Harper's regime.
That's why Americans not voting is unacceptable to me! You guys have choices, choices that are not Harper ;_;

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Switch countries with the Republicans.

0SilverHawk0
November 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Why should I vote when I plan to take over the world anyways? Totalitarianism FTW.

KENTA
November 6th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah, choices like Roseanne Barr. I wish that was a joke.

lilithsama
November 6th, 2012, 05:30 PM
...i thought that was just a joke
then i gogoled it

http://i52.tinypic.com/2rhnzp2.gif

Vigilantia
November 6th, 2012, 05:46 PM

Yeah, its not like he didn't earn it fair and square. LOL Robocalls.

Techlet
November 6th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I fucking hate you

As a Chinese national, what is this "voting" everyone's been talking about?

Theocrass
November 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM

You're dead to me.

Vigilantia
November 6th, 2012, 06:02 PM
You're dead to me.

Was that comment too much to BEAR, Mr Presidential candidate?

Spinach
November 6th, 2012, 06:02 PM
You're dead to me.

Did you mean "death?"

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Oh BTW just treat this as the general election thread, everyone's already in here, easier this way.

Tobias
November 6th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I am from Texas, but I like proper Mexican, not tex mex

Spinach
November 6th, 2012, 06:06 PM
It all pales before fine country cookin' anyway.

Techlet
November 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Did you mean "death?"

You are become death, Spinach.

Theocrass
November 6th, 2012, 06:13 PM

Theo route unlocked!

Spinach
November 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM
That route is all dead ends.

KENTA
November 6th, 2012, 06:30 PM

Proper mexican is good. Tex Mex is slightly inferior.

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Oh BTW just treat this as the general election thread, everyone's already in here, easier this way.

And so both threads have been merged. Although starting tomorrow we'll make a different thread anyway because the elections will be over by then.

Proper mexican is good. Tex Mex is slightly inferior.

And we lots of that proper food right here in my hometown. We even have seafood. :3

Lancelot
November 6th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Btw, in how many days do you guys get the results?

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 06:42 PM
The real results come out in something like December when the Electoral College meets. If it's a clear victory we'll have news organizations giving us a winner by sometime tonight. If we get a 2000, yeeeeeah.

Mcjon01
November 6th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I like Taco Bell.

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 06:50 PM
I like Taco Bell.

mods?? please ban troll

Five_X
November 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM
no leo. you are the mods

Lycodrake
November 6th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Lived there 15+ years; have to agree with Tobias on this.

ItsaRandomUsername
November 6th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I like both good ol' fashioned Mexican and good quality fusion food. Heresy all up in this.

Can't vote. Doesn't fit in schedule.

RR121
November 6th, 2012, 07:25 PM
{Scrubbed}

Mcjon01
November 6th, 2012, 07:26 PM
mods?? please ban troll

You're saying you don't like Taco Bell? Not very American of you. Next you'll tell me you don't weigh 400 pounds and drive an SUV.

Tobias
November 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I actually don't really like Taco Bell, though ironically when I was slimming down I ate their alot because a loc cap taco or two was a decent <350 calorie meal

/cool story fatty

KENTA
November 6th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Still hard to believe tobias was fat. It's like me saying I was short. Just strange.

lilithsama
November 6th, 2012, 07:48 PM
i hate you =_=

KENTA
November 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Used to be the shortest in my group. Then lolHS.

lilithsama
November 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
HAET =3=

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Well, as it stands ATM, the Democrats are ahead 196-191 over the Republicans on USA Today's website. The Democrat Party has obtained a lot of votes in California, Illinois and New York with 55, 20 and 29, respectively; the Republican party has a good chunk of votes from Texas and Georgia with 38 and 16, respectively.

There's a dead heat (Meaning it's close) in Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Iowa, Wisconsin and Florida amongst others. The web site has a nifty vote tracker that lets you play out the scenario as you like and you can check how it plays out by determining which states shall provide the jump for either one of the parties.

http://www.usatoday.com/topic/5c6e1f38-dba8-4faf-ae15-2fe7161db766/elections-2012/

Just look for Electoral Vote Tracker among other stuff on the red square menu in the web site.

RadiantBeam
November 6th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Went off campus down to my area and voted. Don't think it'll make much of a difference, but my mother was thrilled since this was my first time voting in an election.

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 08:03 PM
The first time is always special.

Also, I checked the Tweeter Election Meter on the same website and Obama looks to be ahead 66-56.

Strife ❤️
November 6th, 2012, 08:20 PM
If you had to call it RIGHT NOW who do you think will win?

I think Obama seems to have it

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 08:24 PM
If I had to call it right now I wouldn't call it, since it all depends :V

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
If anyone else wants to check things on another website concerning the elections, I'm all for it so that we'll be able to compare how things stand.

lilithsama
November 6th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Batman

and Vice President Velociraptor

Strife ❤️
November 6th, 2012, 08:27 PM
If I had to call it right now I wouldn't call it, since it all depends :V

Well of course it does but we can still guess wildly!

Aiden
November 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Voted right after my last class.

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Word from the grapevine says that Obama is may actually be very close to getting Ohio. Actually, I think he's got it and I heard that no Republican president has a good chance of winning if he doesn't get Ohio, but I don't know if it's true or not.

EDIT: Okay, I've got an early update from Yahoo News. You can take a peek.

http://news.yahoo.com/early-voting-203217841--election.html

ratstsrub
November 6th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Florida is hilarious.

Lycodrake
November 6th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Why yes, we Floridians take great pride in being exceedingly humorous, after all, we have to keep up the monicker of the Sunshine State.
The rest of you poor saps wouldn't know what to do without us. =P

ratstsrub
November 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Well, how to count our votes, for one.

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Obama is ahead 201-191 for the moment, according to this site.

http://www.270towin.com/

ratstsrub
November 6th, 2012, 10:15 PM
So er...Michigan went Obama.

Kinda lol too. Not surprising, just lol.

EnigmaticFellow
November 6th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Why yes, we Floridians take great pride in being exceedingly humorous, after all, we have to keep up the monicker of the Sunshine State.
The rest of you poor saps wouldn't know what to do without us. =P

Why hello, my fellow Floridian.

Florida represent. We're the swing state that truly matters.

jwang
November 6th, 2012, 10:30 PM
FLORIDA FUCK YEAH! Obama is in the lead by the barest of margins, if he wins I don't think Mitt can win.

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Ohio is also close to being his too.

November 6th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Obama takes Pennsylvania, current score is O143 to R152
course it should be more like O198 to R158 counting utah and california

Spinach
November 6th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Why hello, my fellow Floridian.

Florida represent. We're the swing state that truly matters.

hahahahahahha you clowns.

RadiantBeam
November 6th, 2012, 10:40 PM
New Jersey needs more love.

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Obama takes Pennsylvania, current score is O143 to R152
course it should be more like O198 to R158 counting utah and california
I'd think Utah would go to Romney

I can never forgive you for Jersey Shore.

RadiantBeam
November 6th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I can never forgive you for Jersey Shore.

We hate it just as much as everyone else does, trust me.

Lycodrake
November 6th, 2012, 10:44 PM
We can trust people from Jersey?
That's like asking me to not want to dump blue and orange paint on everyone's heads here in TN.
XP

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 10:46 PM
There's a lot of divergence on who's leading that it almost feels like a mindscrew.

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Ah good.

RadiantBeam
November 6th, 2012, 10:47 PM
There's a lot of divergence on who's leading that it almost feels like a mindscrew.

Obama and Romney are in fact the same person. Somehow.

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Dems seem to be likely to keep control of the Senate. Republicans are keeping control of the House.

Expect a lot more stalemates, no matter who wins.

jwang
November 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM
You know what? Screw CNN, screw Yahoo, forget all network cable news outlets. I'm going to NPR for my info because it's a lot clearer.

November 6th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I'd think Utah would go to Romney
I added Utah to Romney

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 10:53 PM
I added Utah to Romney
Whoops. I cannot into math.

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 10:53 PM
CNN's Electoral Map: http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/ecalculator#?battleground

Digital Journal says they're tied at 154 apiece.

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Nah, we're done here. Big M needs FL, OH, VA, NC, and one of NV/IA. Anyone who sees that flying, tell me.

Strife ❤️
November 6th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Messing around on that I managed to get Obama 269, Romney 269, Unannounced 0.

What would happen!?

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Nah, we're done here. Big M needs FL, OH, VA, NC, and one of NV/IA. Anyone who sees that flying, tell me.
Doesn't look like he's going to get Florida without a hell of a fight. I can see him getting NC though.

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 11:00 PM

You mean flying pigs?

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 11:00 PM

What would happen!?
Romney total:

The Electoral College is weird like that. It comes down to the House of Representatives and the Senate putting in votes. So actually, Romney would win if neither somehow gets over 270, if I remember my Government classes right.

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 11:01 PM

What would happen!?

House elects president, Senate elects VP.

(Romney/Biden, literally best team of all time)

Seika
November 6th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Montana and Utah declared for Romney.

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Montana and Utah declared for Romney.
No surprise there.

- - - Updated - - -

House elects president, Senate elects VP.

(Romney/Biden, literally best team of all time)
You know, Biden visited my town. Didn't get to see him, but he did visit. (Fuck you High School)

Tobias
Florida is really looking obama now.

Kelnish
Oh hey, looks like Maine likes gays now. Took us long enough. Also independent senator is pretty neat even if I'm not the biggest fan of Mr. King.

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 11:05 PM
OH, and other interesting facts about the Electoral College:
You can win without a popular majority, though this hasn't happened very often.
It is possible to win the majority of states, but still lose.

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 11:06 PM
OH, and other interesting facts about the Electoral College:
You can win without a popular majority, though this hasn't happened very often.
It is possible to win the majority of states, but still lose.

ITT revelations from Mr. Chad.

Seika
November 6th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Florida remains a dead heat. Some 62% of the vote has been counted and Romney maintains a wafer-thin lead on 49.6%, with Obama at 49.5%. This could be heading for recount territory, automatically triggered if the race is decided by a margin of one half of 1%.

Heroslayer
November 6th, 2012, 11:10 PM

For all the TV sitcoms that are set in New York tells me to hate New Jersey (as well as the Jersey Shore) for some reason I can't help but believe that it actually a really pleasant place to live in.

Then again, I live in Illinois where we believe it odd to have a government that isn't corrupt and trying to screw us over.

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 11:17 PM
ITT revelations from Mr. Chad.
ITT All I can remember off the top of my head from Government class 2 years ago.

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 11:18 PM
National Post shows some stuff. http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/11/06/us-election-results-2012-whos-winning/

Now I add the BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20009195

Seika
November 6th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Todd Akin lost his race. Excellent, the fewer people who can say 'legitimate rape' with a straight face who have a say, the better.

- - - Updated - - -

New Mexico declared (Democrats).

- - - Updated - - -

Wisconsin declared Democrat.

- - - Updated - - -

The poor Republican on BBC News when he said losing Wisconsin was a disappointment: "Have you had anything which isn't a disappointment yet?"

"No."

Apparently, they also elected a lesbian as the Wisconsin senator. Historic.

BBC guy correcting one of their correspondents mixing up Akin and Mourdock's statements: "We have to deal with more than one of these lunatics!"

Chaos Greyblood
November 6th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Harry Jenten chimes in about the situation on The Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/06/obama-polls-victory-romney-death-knell

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Miami-Dade is the only county in Florida that isn't done. gg

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Miami-Dade is the only county in Florida that isn't done. gg
Hmm. Any other Floridians confirming this?

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Go look on the projection stuff.

e: also, by done I mean like 90% done.

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Go look on the projection stuff.

e: also, by done I mean like 90% done.
Ah.

Seika
November 6th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Arizona declared (R).

Arch-Magos Winter
November 6th, 2012, 11:59 PM
No surprise there.

Chaos Greyblood
November 7th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Fuck you, Jan Brewer. FUCK YOU.

Arch-Magos Winter
November 7th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Fuck you, Jan Brewer. FUCK YOU.
Hmmm?

Chaos Greyblood
November 7th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Hmmm?

Let's just say I have little love for her or her policies other than the desire of strangling her with her own intestines.

Seika
November 7th, 2012, 12:13 AM
BBC still not quite managing to keep their impartiality on. Main pundit talking about Akin and Mourdock calls their comments 'outrageous' and says 'they deserved to go'. Not that he's at all wrong ...

KooriRenchuu
November 7th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Obama is reelected. Fuck yes~

Chaos Greyblood
November 7th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I just heard that Ohio is in now. WOW.

Arch-Magos Winter
Fox FUCKING News is calling it for Obama.
Damn.

SeiKeo
Well fuck CNN, took you long enough.

DreamsRequiem
November 7th, 2012, 12:33 AM
...well, was there ever any doubt that Obama would win after all of Romney's flipflops?

Techlet
November 7th, 2012, 12:37 AM
You know, I almost want to hear the one speech Romney wrote.

jwang
November 7th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Whatever his speech was, it's now "N****r stole my votes!"

Lycodrake
November 7th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Whelp.

Kotonoha
November 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Woot.

mangafreak7793
November 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I'm glad he won but I did get worried during the early voting stages when it was 3 to 33

Seika
November 7th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Nah. It was pointed out that Obama had won by 11pm last time and (discounting all the premature concessions) was confirmed to have won after the Iowa/Ohio declarations at ~11:45 this time around. He didn't crush it, but he kept reasonably on target.