PDA

View Full Version : It's the End of the World as We Know it and We Feel Fine - Countdown to "Doomsday!"

Pages : [1] 2

ItsaRandomUsername
December 14th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Pretty self-explanatory, really.

Created not because IRUn is a doom-and-gloom, end-is-nigh kind of man, but rather for the sake of novelty. Because, you know, some people will probably actually believe in this. And if the world actually does end then you can rub it in the non-believer's faces!

Or not. Because we'll all be dead.

At any rate, yeah. Have fun.

RadiantBeam
December 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM
People actually believe the world will end?

Wait, silly me, of course they do.

Spinach
December 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM
What do we discuss though!

Laith
December 14th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Will be eating breakfast with my friends. As one of them said, "We'll either survive or we'll die full." =V

kay4today
December 14th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Most of those nutjobs are probably just going to search for another doomsday anyway.

PhoenixAct
December 14th, 2012, 08:49 PM
People actually believe the world will end?

Wait, silly me, of course they do.

My friend and I are actually looking forward to the news the day after, just to see what kind of dumb things people have done.

RadiantBeam
December 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM
My friend and I are actually looking forward to the news the day after, just to see what kind of dumb things people have done.

It'll be like that Rapture event all over again.

alex321123
December 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Don't worry guyz, Minato will save us.
Assuming Elizabeth does not screw us over.

Laith
December 14th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Isn't it Yu's year? Just saying =V

Daiki
December 14th, 2012, 09:54 PM
You know, the worst thing about these "end of the world" prophecies, is how some people might use it to do extreme stuff as an excuse.

I don't personally trust that kind of things. Seems like there is a new theory around about it every two years since 2000 A.D. Just like a new trend.

Gabriulio
December 14th, 2012, 10:13 PM
The world was supposed to end at 999, 1000, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006 and now 2012? Ha. Shame on people who believe that.

BTW, do these people even think about in which time-zone the "end of the world" will start? The earth is round, so when it becomes midnight of the 21th somewhere, it might be already 22th in one place or even still the 20th.

MssrNeko
December 14th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that everyday is the "Last Day" to many people. As for me, I'm just gonna hang out in my space station and watch the Earth in safety. :3

ItsaRandomUsername
December 15th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I'll second that. When the world is supposed to end December 21 will it adhere to Greenwich Mean standards or is it just going to sneak in like a little rascal sometime sooner or after? Do you suppose that the world will end sooner for some than it would for others? Pretty sure Mayans didn't exactly take timezones into account when they foresaw the end of days. :V

Anyway. Years down the line when I have children I'm going to show them 2012 and tell them "You see this? Your father survived that."

Laith
December 15th, 2012, 12:19 AM
If the mayans said it then it should be in GMT-06:00 =V

Chojomeka
December 15th, 2012, 12:20 AM
...wasn't there a second Mayan calendar that went past 2012?

Reynel
December 15th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Just imagine the number of babies born in August 2013!

ItsaRandomUsername
December 15th, 2012, 12:28 AM
If the world is going to end in 2012 then why do I have milk that expires 2013?

Proof positive that this is all a big hoax, I tell ya.

Laith
December 15th, 2012, 12:33 AM
I own money, the world/a deity hates me, there's no way its ending when I'm still in debt. =V

Doppelgänker
December 15th, 2012, 12:39 AM
I'll be staying home 12/21/2012.

Why?

Because I don't want to have to deal with the idiots who believe that the world is going to end just because an ancient civilization reset it's calendar I mean, sure, it's curious, I mean, WHY would you reset something that can, by definition, go on for infinity? But I don't see how you can jump from that to an "end of the world as we know it" scenario.

And even if it is fated to end, I'm sure John Titor, or someone from his agency, will come back in time to prevent the catastrophe. Just like he did with the whole Y2K incident.

- - - Updated - - -

...wasn't there a second Mayan calendar that went past 2012?
Yes, it did not "end", as most falsely believe. It just reset.

Ivan The Mouse
December 15th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Are we really that bored that we are starting to speculate on what date the world will end, even we have to seek it out?

Raven2785
December 15th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I honestly believe that this whole thing having people going around about the end of the world was caused simply because the mayans ran out of the stone to make their calendars.

Mayan #1. Mayan #2, Mayan #2. we ran out of obsidian.

Mayan #2. Well, fuck. how far did you get to?

Mayan #1. December 21, 2012.

Mayan #2. Fuck it, leave it like that. I don't want to haul any more gigantic obsidian stones up here. And besides, we'll probably be conquered by the Spanish by then.

Laith
December 15th, 2012, 12:48 AM
More like it was the end of the fifth sun and the start of the sixth one IIRC. It's been a while since I studied that so don't take this as fact.

Asdfghl
December 15th, 2012, 12:51 AM
More like it was the end of the fifth sun and the start of the sixth one IIRC. It's been a while since I studied that so don't take this as fact.

I thought that was Aztec.

Ivan The Mouse
December 15th, 2012, 12:52 AM
I thought that was Aztec.

I thought it was Inca, because suns.

Laith
December 15th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Like I say, I don't remember. It's been seven years since I had a class on them.

@Ivan: Nah all the South American cultures had the sun and moon as symbols. A bit more than the other ones I mean. Again IIRC because years have passed.

Doppelgänker
December 15th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Has there been a culture in human history that DIDN'T revere celestial bodies, in one way or another?

Ivan The Mouse
December 15th, 2012, 01:03 AM
@Ivan: Nah all the South American cultures had the sun and moon as symbols. A bit more than the other ones I mean. Again IIRC because years have passed.

I see, because all I know, the Inca praised the sun. And wore gold. Lots of it.

Doppelgänker
December 15th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I honestly believe that this whole thing having people going around about the end of the world was caused simply because the mayans ran out of the stone to make their calendars.

Mayan #2. Fuck it, leave it like that. I don't want to haul any more gigantic obsidian stones up here. And besides, we'll probably be conquered by the Spanish by then.
I say we run with this theory.

Reynel
December 15th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I mean, WHY would you reset something that can, by definition, go on for infinity?
It resets like every year we know now (or I read something like that, don't believe me.)
To put it another way, the Mayans would be celebrating "New Era" as we celebrate new millenniums (because the long it is) but it works as when our calendar resets at 01/01/XXXX

Asdfghl
December 15th, 2012, 01:07 AM

You know, I was going to go off about how the Spanish got the Aztec and Inca civilizations and about how obsidian isn't really carvable and all that, but nitpicking forced me to reread the statement and I laughed and realized that I was just being a jerk.

Laith
December 15th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Has there been a culture in human history that DIDN'T revere celestial bodies, in one way or another?

None. But I meant that they did it more-ish.

Rylin
December 15th, 2012, 01:11 AM
On December 21 2012, Im going to watch the "End of Evangelion" It what I do whenever one of these dates rolls around. Its not very original but the irony amuses me.

NailsInYourFeet
December 15th, 2012, 01:49 AM
LEONARD BERNSTEIN!

ZidanReign
December 15th, 2012, 02:18 AM
I'm betting on 21st, we find FTL Technology.

Time for Space Exploration Chumps.

Kelnish
December 15th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Kelnish will be spending the entirety of the 21st pantsless. If the world ends, who cares? If it doesn't? I got to spend an entire day pantsless. I can't lose. Except indecent exposure charges. Also, the bitter cold will be VERY unflattering.

Paitouch
December 15th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Countdown to our deaths (http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?day=21&month=12&year=2012&hour=11&min=11&sec=11&p0=0)

I'm gonna be sure that I'm on the toilet reading Type-Moon Ace during that time.

Reynel
December 15th, 2012, 03:09 AM
It's funny because December 21st is my Mom's birthday, so I will probably be eating cake and celebrating with my family lol.

RadiantBeam
December 15th, 2012, 10:58 AM
December 21st I'm probably going to be out Christmas shopping with my mom, since my finals finish up on the 20th. What a way to go out.

Tiresias
December 15th, 2012, 11:07 AM
The world was supposed to end at 999, 1000, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006 and now 2012? Ha. Shame on people who believe that.

I remembered the 1999 prophecy making a buzz in my place; I was in physics class when the time hit 9:09:09 9-9-1999.

TV showed how in some places people made food offerings and put them on their doorstep in hopes it would somehow fend of the apocalypse. Oh these people...

Doppelgänker
December 15th, 2012, 12:33 PM
December 21st I'm probably going to be out Christmas shopping with my mom, since my finals finish up on the 20th. What a way to go out.

I do not envy you... Try not to get killed by rioters or people trying to use an Apocalyptic as a reason to justify mania.

Be careful, Beamu >>

Mcjon01
December 15th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I wish I was going to be in America for this, I bet the End of the World Parties are going to be pretty ballin'.

Paitouch
December 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM
The world's ending anyhow, might as well come back to America to party!

Heroslayer
December 15th, 2012, 10:45 PM
It's funny to see people trying to justify this doomsday compared to the others. So far I've heard Natural Disasters, Planet X coming around and screwing around with our ecosystem, the I Ching (or whatever the chinese thing is) supposedly predicting it along with the Mayan, the magnetic polars switching, solar flares and many more.

What other reasons do you guys know of?

Daiki
December 15th, 2012, 10:50 PM
It's funny to see people trying to justify this doomsday compared to the others. So far I've heard Natural Disasters, Planet X coming around and screwing around with our ecosystem, the I Ching (or whatever the chinese thing is) supposedly predicting it along with the Mayan, the magnetic polars switching, solar flares and many more.

What other reasons do you guys know of?

Zombies.

Tiresias
December 15th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Free telepathy for everyone (no, srsly) and the resulting riot from the death of secrecy

ItsaRandomUsername
December 15th, 2012, 10:54 PM
The spontaneous black hole is my personal favorite.

It'd be fast, seamless, and we wouldn't have any hope of reacting against it.

- - - Updated - - -

The spontaneous black hole is my personal favorite.

It'd be fast, seamless, and we wouldn't have any hope of reacting against it.

Kelnish
December 15th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Double posts, a terrible plague that will wipe out mankind.

Doppelgänker
December 15th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I kinda wish that something exciting would happen. I mean, you know, aside from the inevitable idiots that will be making spectacles of themselves.

It would be... Interesting.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 15th, 2012, 11:53 PM
9 is supposed to be the magic number.

Daiki
December 16th, 2012, 12:01 AM
9 is supposed to be the magic number.

Tzeentch agrees.

ZidanReign
December 16th, 2012, 07:15 AM
i already said alien tech discovery out of the blue right

right.

Gaia
December 16th, 2012, 06:51 PM
But what if the world ends on 20th December? Can we get our money back?

RadiantBeam
December 16th, 2012, 07:33 PM
So yeah, end of the world I'll definitely be out Christmas shopping. Joy.

Aiden
December 16th, 2012, 09:29 PM

I'll be on my way down to NYC with my dad!

RadiantBeam
December 16th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I'll be on my way down to NYC with my dad!

Your thing sounds more fun than my thing!

Raven2785
December 16th, 2012, 09:36 PM

Do what I do, I only shop for the kids in my family, so one trip to Toy R Us is all I do.

Everyone else is grown up, they can get their own shit, unless I really, really, really want to get something for someone else. It makes the gift feel more special when people know you wont get them anything and then you get something for them anyways.

Doppelgänker
December 16th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Alright, we're down to the week, people~

- - - Updated - - -

It makes the gift feel more special when people know you wont get them anything and then you get something for them anyways.

Quoted, because of truth.

The Geek
December 16th, 2012, 09:58 PM
i already said alien tech discovery out of the blue right

right.

They find a Gunman.

Raven2785
December 16th, 2012, 10:12 PM
They find a Gundam.

Fixed, for a better giant mecha.

Kelnish
December 16th, 2012, 10:15 PM
They find a roller skating robot.

Fixed for additional silly.

Raven2785
December 16th, 2012, 10:17 PM
^that's not silly, that's Code Geass mecha Kelnish.

Laith
December 16th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Make it a Votoms mecha for better mecha series =V

Tiresias
December 16th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Protoculture warship crash-landeda few years behind schedule

ItsaRandomUsername
December 16th, 2012, 11:18 PM
The power went off earlier today all across town for about an hour. I jokingly thought to myself when it happened "Must be the EMP from a Chinese nuke. Guess 12/21 came early."

Servant Shiki
December 16th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Were you around people? Because if so, you should have said it aloud and see how they reacted.

Chaos Greyblood
December 16th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Do we actually have any concrete proof as to how it will indicate the end of the world? And I don't mean any wacky stuff. I mean actual events that could back this up instead of having it just happen out of nowhere as if people didn't see it coming.

I'm nonplussed about the whole thing mostly because I have a hunch that it's not gonna happen.

RadiantBeam
December 16th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Do we actually have any concrete proof as to how it will indicate the end of the world? And I don't mean any wacky stuff. I mean actual events that could back this up instead of having it just happen out of nowhere as if people didn't see it coming.

I'm nonplussed about the whole thing mostly because I have a hunch that it's not gonna happen.

No hardcore proof, as far as I'm aware.

Chaos Greyblood
December 16th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I see. Are they just projecting that the planet's core is gonna blow up or is there gonna be a large meteor shower like some of those movies from Hollywood or does this mean Gaia is gonna be hardcore with its anger? Someone should help us out on this one.

Rockxas
December 17th, 2012, 12:11 AM
I see. Are they just projecting that the planet's core is gonna blow up or is there gonna be a large meteor shower like some of those movies from Hollywood or does this mean Gaia is gonna be hardcore with its anger? Someone should help us out on this one.
NASA has covered some of the things they have heard, and explained how they not kill us, have a go at it if you are interested (http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html).

Laith
December 17th, 2012, 12:13 AM

Humanity's subconscious calls for death. Again.

Its stopped by an elevator attendant dressed in blue =V

RadiantBeam
December 17th, 2012, 12:15 AM

So far all I'm getting is "The world ends because the Mayan calender stops after the year 2012."

Chaos Greyblood
December 17th, 2012, 12:28 AM
So far all I'm getting is "The world ends because the Mayan calender stops after the year 2012."

That's it? And no one has tried looking into it further and determine possible causes? Now that's what I call lame.

Humanity's subconscious calls for death. Again.

Its stopped by an elevator attendant dressed in blue =V

Technically, I'd call this a spoiler for P4A.

Laith
December 17th, 2012, 12:31 AM
It was a joke about P3 that may have indeed referred to Arena but you wouldn't know about it unless you had played the game or someone talked about it and referenced it.

Besides it's not like someone hasn't played that ('sup Europe)

Chaos Greyblood
December 17th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I haven't because I'm a poor bastard. T-T

RadiantBeam
December 17th, 2012, 12:47 AM
It was a joke about P3 that may have indeed referred to Arena but you wouldn't know about it unless you had played the game or someone talked about it and referenced it.

Besides it's not like someone hasn't played that ('sup Europe)

... I haven't played it.

Laith
December 17th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Man I'm worse at jokes tonight.

Gaia
December 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
does this mean Gaia is gonna be hardcore with its anger?

Yes, indeed! Just wait until Friday comes! *maniacal laugh*

:p

Enhance
December 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YizvebLpn4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AINlWdJeIKs

Chaos Greyblood
December 17th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Man I'm worse at jokes tonight.

It's okay, dude. It isn't your fault.

Also, is that some Awkward Zombie I see?

Laith
December 17th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Yep, it's from last week's comic. Dark humor at its finest.

PhoenixAct
December 17th, 2012, 04:44 PM

Two things I've been told:

1. The Mayan calendar didn't take in to account leap years, so by their reckoning the world should have ended last year.

2. More of the Mayan calendar actually has been found.

Raven2785
December 17th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Two things I've been told:

1. The Mayan calendar didn't take in to account leap years, so by their reckoning the world should have ended last year.

2. More of the Mayan calendar actually has been found.

The problem with the whole "leap year" thing and the Mayan calendar is that they had no need for them. Leap years exist to stop the seasons drifting out of sync with the calendar, a problem that vexed many people in ancient Europe and that is the crux of the problem, for you see while Europeans cared about tracking the seasons the Mayans gave no fucks about them, probably because where they used to live there is only one season, hot and humid, so their calendar focuses instead on accurately tracking the days since the start of the ancient Mayan religion.

That in effect renders leap years a completely useless complication for the Mayan calendar. The problem with that idea comes from the misconception that leap year adds an extra day, it does not. The Gregorian calendar does not give people extra days in the same way daylight savings time doesn't give people extra sunlight. At the end of the day the only thing the different calendars disagree on is the fact that the Gregorian calendar calls winter solstice 12/21/2012 while the Mayan calendar chooses to call it 13.0.0.0.0

Tl.Dr: The Mayan calendar has no leap years because it doesn't need them, both calendars are in sync.

PhoenixAct
December 17th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Tl.Dr: The Mayan calendar has no leap years because it doesn't need them, both calendars are in sync.

Well there you go, thank you for correcting me.

Mellon
December 17th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Two videos I think that explain the entire thing perfectly. I doubt they are needed, considering BL, but I still found them to be relatively amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcc_KAhwpa0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpYtLcRKuPk

ZidanReign
December 18th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I figured it out gaiz

the reapers are coming

Servant Shiki
December 18th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Supernatural?

ZidanReign
December 18th, 2012, 05:26 PM
mass effect

Gabriulio
December 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM
IMO, it'll be the Raxacoricofallapatorians.

RadiantBeam
December 18th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Maybe the event is not the end of the world, but the changing of world lines.

Gabriulio
December 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
The Raxacoricofallapatorians will be the cause of whatever happens.

Paitouch
December 19th, 2012, 02:35 AM
So we have 2 days to assemble the Four Giants and save ourselves. (http://www.terriblefate.com/)

ItsaRandomUsername
December 19th, 2012, 03:09 AM
...it's coo', bro. I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyways.

Kelnish
December 19th, 2012, 03:11 AM
noscript just made that site roughly 1/2 as fun as it could have been. Roughly.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 19th, 2012, 03:18 AM
The hyperrealistic eyes make me feel all kinds of uneasy.

Heart of the Star
December 19th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Ha, I reject that apocalypse (which incidentally doesn't mean end of the world but revelation instead...) seeing as i defeated that guy ages ago (fierce deity for the win):p

Laith
December 19th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Well we can summon those giants.

Incidentally, does someone has a mystical Ocarina? You know, just in case.

RadiantBeam
December 19th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Two more days 'til the end of the world, you guys.

Not counting today, obviously.

Servant Shiki
December 19th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hmm, my brother in law is a advertising designer and his boss told him to make a page for a magazine that will basically say,

"Oops, the Mayans were wrong." Though its still not done yet.

terraablaze
December 19th, 2012, 11:15 AM
But the Mayans aren't wrong! The Mayans never said anything about the world ending, they just got tried of carving calendars.

Gabriulio
December 19th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Probaly because the Raxacoricofallapatorians ate the stones used to carve calendars.

Lycodrake
December 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Well we can summon those giants.
Incidentally, does someone has a mystical Ocarina? You know, just in case.
Sorry, just a plain ocarina. And a harmonica.

Gabriulio
December 19th, 2012, 11:40 AM
If you guys have faith that it is mythical then it shall become like that.

Doppelgänker
December 19th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I have an Ocarina app...

RadiantBeam
December 19th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I still stand by my world lines theory.

Doppelgänker
December 19th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I'm with Christina on this one.

Nacho the Doritosedge
December 19th, 2012, 08:06 PM
One of our clients at work today informed me as to what will happen the 21st.

We will shrug off our bodies and become a giant spiritual gestalt entity that will move unto the Galactic Center, where we will commune and bond with other intelligent life forms who went through the same process. Through this we will become enlightened, and eventually we will reach a point where we will become a new form of life that only possesses positive energy (Like love, and acceptance) and we will have no more wars or any hardship.

We will then, with our new brethren from the Galactic Center, go form and enlighten other forms of life in the goodness that is love, and other forms of positive energy.

At least, that's what the client said. Take that any way you want.

Archetype EMIYA
December 19th, 2012, 09:06 PM
We shall see tomorrow, at the very least. We shall see.

Besides, aren't there sources that say the world will end on the 23rd?

Lycodrake
December 19th, 2012, 09:20 PM

We will shrug off our bodies and become a giant spiritual gestalt entity that will move unto the Galactic Center, where we will commune and bond with other intelligent life forms who went through the same process. Through this we will become enlightened, and eventually we will reach a point where we will become a new form of life that only possesses positive energy (Like love, and acceptance) and we will have no more wars or any hardship.

We will then, with our new brethren from the Galactic Center, go form and enlighten other forms of life in the goodness that is love, and other forms of positive energy.

So Instrumentality?

RadiantBeam
December 19th, 2012, 09:21 PM

People will probably push it back to the 23rd if it doesn't happen on the 21st.

Doppelgänker
December 19th, 2012, 09:25 PM
and we will have no more wars or any hardship.

Nonsense. Koko is already close to achieving this... Although Jonah's actions at the end of the previous episode the last one I saw, at least. The new one probably aired already... concern me...

It's funny because, for me, it's the day after tomorrow.

And yes. There were also sources that said it would happen on the 12th. They seem to have been mistaken.

So Instrumentality?

Who authorized you to talk about The Project?

Chaos Greyblood
December 19th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I don't think anything happens at this point. And pushing the date back to the 23rd day seems more like an excuse than anything.

Gabriulio
December 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I'm sure as hell looking for the 22th so I can laugh at the idiocities that people did because they thought the world was going to end.

Chaos Greyblood
December 19th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I'm sure as hell looking for the 22th so I can laugh at the idiocities that people did because they thought the world was going to end.

That counts.

RadiantBeam
December 19th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I don't think anything happens at this point. And pushing the date back to the 23rd day seems more like an excuse than anything.

I wouldn't put it past people to do it, sadly. Just look at the Rapture event.

Doppelgänker
December 20th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Am I the only one worried about what some people who are a bit out of touch with reality could do...?

Kelnish
December 20th, 2012, 01:10 AM

So, people who never took Astronomy 101 are full of shit? News at 11.

RadiantBeam
December 20th, 2012, 10:27 AM
One more day!

Gabriulio
December 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Yay!

Servant Shiki
December 20th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Dum, dum, dudum, dumdadumdadumdumdadum~

Techlet
December 20th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I'm assuming the End of the World is scheduled on EST, right?

RadiantBeam
December 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I'm actually not sure when the End of the World was scheduled.

Mellon
December 20th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I'm assuming the End of the World is scheduled on EST, right?

Obviously not.

The Mayans would obviously see the future and know the system we are using. Which, without a doubt, means that it will happen on GMT.

Rockxas
December 20th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Am I the only one worried about what some people who are a bit out of touch with reality could do...?
Definitely not. I have no fears regarding natural phenomena tomorrow, what people might do though...

Gabriulio
December 20th, 2012, 11:07 AM
'Kay, by now it's already past-midnight of the 21st in Japan and nothing happened. Either the mayans were wrong or it's the wrong timezone for the apocalypse.

Mcjon01
December 20th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Nah, man, there's kaiju stomping around fucking everywhere right now, shit is crazy. Mayans had it pegged, I'm s--

Oh, okay, nevermind. My dorm mate is telling me that this happens every December in Japan, I guess that's why it's not in the news. Just a normal weekend.

Apple
December 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM
20 minutes more to midnight over here guise

This is gonna be the most uneventful apocalypse ever

Ligerleon89
December 20th, 2012, 11:42 AM
14 hours left over. And if other countries don't have nothing over there going on. Same should apply here where I live.

Tiresias
December 20th, 2012, 11:50 AM
70 more minutes here. Are we prepared?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqbal6gF1Sg

C'mon Reapers, clock is ticking!

Laith
December 20th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Oh yeah less than 24 hours for the end of the world right? Then…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK_zGY996to

RadiantBeam
December 20th, 2012, 12:28 PM
And this is why the Mayans should have specified a time zone for the end of the world.

Tiresias
December 20th, 2012, 12:32 PM
And this is why the Mayans should have specified a time zone for the end of the world.

I can hear the sound of Mayan ghosts screaming at you for still referring to that cultural misunderstanding.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 20th, 2012, 12:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

Techlet
December 20th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Well, there's either going to be the end of the world or a Steam Christmas Sale on the 21st.

Either way, my wallet will not survive the day.

DreamsRequiem
December 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Welp, it's been December 21 here for a whole 1 hour now. Still nothing.

Aiden
December 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
http://chzvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/video-game-memes-its-real.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Bit late on that, but...

Laith
December 20th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Well crap I know how we are dying now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFIjH0WNdY0

Aliens eating the planet alive =V

(I wonder how many videogame tracks I can find that have a similar name to this one?) =V

drmchsr0
December 20th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Sure feels normal for the end of the world.

Also Red Orchestra 2 is free to play for the weekend.

Crown
December 20th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I'm actually not sure when the End of the World was scheduled.

December 21, 11:11 am GMT.

Or so I heard, I'm just copy pasting to be honest.

Laith
December 20th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Moving on the "How the world is going to end" theories, we could always go with "YHWH decided that the world should end so another can rise in its place."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-ETxWmgjaE

Also, I know what I'm doing later just to be ironic. =V

P.S. Everyone play SMT: Nocturne kthxbye

RadiantBeam
December 20th, 2012, 02:31 PM

Or so I heard, I'm just copy pasting to be honest.

How... specific.

Raven2785
December 20th, 2012, 02:33 PM
No. This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7XtOLWfUVo&feature=player_detailpage#t=45s) is how the world will end.

Rowanism
December 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM
http://www.terriblefate.com/

Relevant.

Gabriulio
December 20th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Already posted here :p

Crown
December 20th, 2012, 02:59 PM
How... specific.

I'm actually a mayan so I know this stuff.

Rowanism
December 20th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Already posted here :p

Oh yeah?
http://i.imgur.com/kb0hD.gif

Servant Shiki
December 20th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Okay, wat the fuq?

Creepy...

Crown
December 20th, 2012, 03:08 PM
That's way creepier than Melancholie der engel.

Paitouch
December 20th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I'd eat it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erh2ngRZxs0

Crown
December 20th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Hey Paitouch, is that girl in your avatar from Yasashii Sekai no Tsukurikata?

Paitouch
December 20th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Fosho.

Seika
December 20th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Can never watch that gif without being reminded of the Mighty Boosh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWTd3oW-HOE

Gaia
December 20th, 2012, 03:59 PM

Damn, my shift starts at 11am GMT. Do I really need to go to work for 11 minutes?

Lotus Saint
December 20th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I've got a bag of whopcorn ready for when the people who believed the world was ending find out that it wasn't.

Lycodrake
December 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQS1PhLVC5c

Chaos Greyblood
December 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
It's pretty cold here in my hometown. Then again, it always gets like this every Winter. :P

RadiantBeam
December 20th, 2012, 09:19 PM
So how's the apocalypse going in countries where it's already December 21st?

Froggie
December 20th, 2012, 09:22 PM
IT'S TIME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCLoNOYcVQU

Laith
December 20th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Oh yeah less than six hours before the 21st

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e056R97svz8

I am having so much fun with this =V

Tiresias
December 20th, 2012, 09:30 PM
So how's the apocalypse going in countries where it's already December 21st?

Hell's gates has opened, spewing apocalyptic amount of deskwork to my office

RadiantBeam
December 20th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hell's gates has opened, spewing apocalyptic amount of deskwork to my office

That's not the end of the world, that's a normal work day.

Chaos Greyblood
December 20th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Term papers, pop quiz appearing out of the woodwork with a limited timeframe, researching stuff that teachers asked you to do because they know you'll squirm, family business you need to attend to, prior engagements that may not be made in tme...

Yep, for an ordinary person, it does feel like the end of the world.

Paitouch
December 20th, 2012, 10:06 PM
So I dicked around playing hide-and-seek and shooting bubbles at the Bomber kids; anyone actually go out and gather the giants?

Tiresias
December 20th, 2012, 10:07 PM
That's not the end of the world, that's a normal work day.

...actually, it's quite tame compared to my usual work days. Sedated, this apocalypse is.

Laith
December 20th, 2012, 10:21 PM
So I dicked around playing hide-and-seek and shooting bubbles at the Bomber kids; anyone actually go out and gather the giants?

Got a couple to reunite together hours before the end. That counts for something, right?

Rowanism
December 20th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Paitouch best ava.

Also today's Last Judgement at work. Last Judgement is Jüngstes Gericht in German, which can also mean Last Dish. Too many ppl want to eat this and it's basically the craziest, most work-intense day aside the christmas days. Ughhhh.

I3uster
December 20th, 2012, 11:54 PM
That's such a terrible pun it can only work in Germany.

RadiantBeam
December 21st, 2012, 12:02 AM
One hour 'til midnight.

Tiresias
December 21st, 2012, 12:07 AM
One hour 'til midnight.

Huh. Exactly 12 hours difference. Only just noticed.

Mr. House
December 21st, 2012, 12:28 AM
Yo, just dropping by to say...

You crazy, paranoid fuckers, you~! XD

RadiantBeam
December 21st, 2012, 12:35 AM
Who are you?

ItsaRandomUsername
December 21st, 2012, 12:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Crown
December 21st, 2012, 12:45 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/maya?p0=155

will go to sleep like a hour and half before the deadline.

Archetype EMIYA
December 21st, 2012, 12:48 AM
None of us can be sure when it will start, anyway. From the paradigm of the Mayans, what time of day does a day start? Daybreak? Midnight? Sunset? Noon?

I'm getting bored.

RadiantBeam
December 21st, 2012, 12:58 AM
We gotta ask someone if it's the equivalent of 11:11 AM UTC in their country, according to that countdown Crown posted.

Reynel
December 21st, 2012, 12:59 AM
Well, they were established in the north of Central America and the South of North America, So I guess that (as in my country) they use GTM -6. So midnight will be in 1 hour and 1 minute.

Also, it could be at any hour on december 21st, so it could be at tomorrow 11:00pm lol

Raven2785
December 21st, 2012, 01:00 AM
IT IS NOW MIDNIGHT, END OF THE WORLD FUCKING WHERE?

In other news. Since I give no fucks about this I shall go to bed, hopefully I wont wake up in a world where asteroids have crashed, a new ice age is starting or sentient cereal boxes have overthrown our political and military power structure.

Paitouch
December 21st, 2012, 01:01 AM
We'll know once the moon starts falling, and it's gonna fall, because no one tried to prevent it.

ratstsrub
December 21st, 2012, 01:07 AM
Dawn of the Final Day

Crown
December 21st, 2012, 01:09 AM
We'll know once the moon starts falling, and it's gonna fall, because no one tried to prevent it.

are you saying Zelretch is not real

Asdfghl
December 21st, 2012, 01:12 AM
are you saying Zelretch is not real

If Zelretch is real, we live in the Nasuverse. Dead Apostles run rampant, Clock Tower is amoral, the Church is insane, and we will probably be killed.

On the other hand, powerlevel comparing will be less painful.

Techlet
December 21st, 2012, 01:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

If, when the end time comes, Jesus blazes a trail down to earth in a bling'd out chariot with 40" rims and with this song blaring out of the back, then I will convert to Christianity on my dying breath.

O. Hakubi
December 21st, 2012, 01:39 AM
At this moment I am eating a burger with bleu cheese, by myself, waiting for 12/21/2012. Truly, this is a one-man cheeseburger apocalypse.

Crown
December 21st, 2012, 01:43 AM
Don't fear the reaper (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg).

Kelnish
December 21st, 2012, 01:57 AM
Can never watch that gif without being reminded of the Mighty Boosh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWTd3oW-HOE

I'm hours behind but:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc00ckJacM1r50mmk.gif
Too many drunken nights. Too many. All happening at the same time.

Laith
December 21st, 2012, 02:01 AM
And it's midnight here and I couldn't find my copy of Nocturne. No end of the world special for me =/

Spinach
December 21st, 2012, 02:49 AM
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Doppelgänker
December 21st, 2012, 02:56 AM
Welhs it's odfficially 2112121 wheew I live so I decided to [email protected] End of the werold drinkilng ish the best~

Spinach
December 21st, 2012, 02:56 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Doppelgänker
December 21st, 2012, 03:02 AM
RRRRRRRRRRRARARA!!

Nicktendonick
December 21st, 2012, 04:18 AM
Well, it seems the fated hour has come.

I'm not worried.
Well, If the world ends, we won't have to worry about it anymore. If it doesn't end, we won't have to worry about it anymore.

So, just in case, see you all later.

Laith
December 21st, 2012, 06:23 AM
http://www.terriblefate.com/

This is a great End of the World gift, a remix of the Majora's Mask album http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-allears.gif

I know it was posted already but hey countdown ended 2 hours ago.

Techlet
December 21st, 2012, 07:28 AM
Well, God's running a little late.

But it's okay, because we all know he's just prepping the mosquitoes in Africa for more AIDS.

Ligerleon89
December 21st, 2012, 07:49 AM
Just recently woke up and nothing's happening. And I'll tend to say this after a few hours at a time.

Mashina
December 21st, 2012, 08:25 AM
I woke up at exactly 11:11 this morning.
Either the time was more stuck in my head than I thought, or something actually happened and it woke me up.
The end of the world interrupted my dream :(

Enhance
December 21st, 2012, 09:02 AM
hlp smbd dinosaurs *fshhhh* eatin ppls on streets *fshhh fshhhhhh* not provision lft *fshhhh* they capturd media so they don broadcast *fshhhh* aaaaaaaaargh
*beep*

Ligerleon89
December 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM
What next MLP pinkie clones herself and fills the world with her usual stuff *sarcasm*

Doppelgänker
December 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM
Maybe I should have waited until today to come back.

Oddman - Harbinger of End Times.

Tobias
December 21st, 2012, 09:52 AM
You aren't important enough. You are more like, oddman, harbinger of acid reflux disease and stinky gas.

Doppelgänker
December 21st, 2012, 09:54 AM
B-But... ;^;

Tiresias
December 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RiIov.jpg (http://imgur.com/RiIov)Repost?

Daiki
December 21st, 2012, 10:42 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Hokutonokenkenshiro.jpg

You're already dead.

Gabriulio
December 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM
Seems like someone stopped the Raxacoricofallapatorians from destroying the world.

RadiantBeam
December 21st, 2012, 11:08 AM
So apparently I slept through the end of the world.

Anything interesting happen while I was asleep? It all looks normal to me.

Laith
December 21st, 2012, 11:12 AM
World ended and then started again. Or I fell asleep too, dunno. Probably the first one but hey the crazy option is there too.

ZidanReign
December 21st, 2012, 11:21 AM
ha we all live

Gabriulio
December 21st, 2012, 11:26 AM
for now

Techlet
December 21st, 2012, 11:37 AM
So apparently I slept through the end of the world.

Anything interesting happen while I was asleep? It all looks normal to me.

You are still actually in cryo-sleep, #301178 [RadiantBeam].

It is part of [UNS Protocol 152] to bring the subject out of deep sleep while maintaining a state of unconsciousness every [12 Months] for. The software interface is projecting an illusion directly into the higher cognitive centers of the subject's brain based on expectations of daily rou

It is currently the year [2037]. You are on board the [UNS Phan

25 years ago, life on [Earth] became unsustainable

Evacuation into underground bunkers lead to

Accelerated space program known as

[Project HOPE]... Discovery of a bio-sustainable super earth within

Charted course expected to

System compromised.

You are still actually in cryo-sleep, #301178 [RadiantBeam].

Access granted.

It is part of [UNS Protocol 152] to bring the subject out of deep sleep while maintaining a state of unconsciousness every [12

You are still actually in cryo-sleep, #301178

Disengaging

part of [UNS Protocol 152]

Overpopulation resu

Life support.

I am sorry.

RadiantBeam
December 21st, 2012, 11:45 AM
Jesus Tech.

Aiden
December 21st, 2012, 12:13 PM
Bravo, Tech.

EnigmaticFellow
December 21st, 2012, 12:57 PM
I love bees.

ZidanReign
December 21st, 2012, 01:30 PM
If anyone can convince us we're all still in cryo, it's Tech.

Heroslayer
December 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM
So yeah, we're all alive for more time.

Anyone know of anyone that did something stupid because of the whole, end of the world thing?

RadiantBeam
December 21st, 2012, 03:43 PM
Anyone know of anyone that did something stupid because of the whole, end of the world thing?

I didn't. Everyone I know was calm about it. It was the most boring day before the supposed apocalypse ever.

Kelnish
December 21st, 2012, 03:46 PM
It feels pretty apocalyptic today, huge gusts of wind and a massive downpour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFzBwP9D7MU

Fantabulous
December 21st, 2012, 04:27 PM
You live in Maine Kelnish?

Because I was about to post that same thing

Kelnish
December 21st, 2012, 04:37 PM
I do! And I'm not looking forward to the commute to work tonight one bit.

Heroslayer
December 21st, 2012, 05:15 PM
It feels pretty apocalyptic today, huge gusts of wind and a massive downpour.

We had that last night. Me and my friends were joking that it seemed like pre apocalyptic weather.

Gaia
December 21st, 2012, 05:36 PM
ha we all live

No. This is the afterlife.

Yeah, I know. It sucks.

As a side note, Heroslayer haz a cute avi~ <3

Kelnish
December 21st, 2012, 05:39 PM
No. This is the afterlife.

Yeah, I know. It sucks.

It's better than what I thought I had comin'!

kay4today
December 21st, 2012, 06:49 PM
Stiiiiiiill 11 minutes + some seconds to go here in Austria!

Because clearly, those Maya guys meant our timezone.

Servant Shiki
December 21st, 2012, 06:54 PM
Really? Dang its already 6:00 here.

kay4today
December 21st, 2012, 06:58 PM
That means the world obviously didn't end, since you're from the future!

Tiresias
December 21st, 2012, 07:10 PM
World ended and then started again.

Now the world has aliens, ESPers and time travelers.

Servant Shiki
December 21st, 2012, 07:11 PM
Now where is Haruhi Suzumiya...?

kay4today
December 21st, 2012, 07:32 PM
Molesting other girls, I'd say. :V

Lycodrake
December 21st, 2012, 07:33 PM
Molesting other girls, I'd say. :V
Any decent fan of Suzumiya Haruhi should know that she does that to *any*:

...aliens, ESPers and time travelers.
And that Kyon is a special case. XP

nununu
December 21st, 2012, 09:15 PM
So, humanity has yet again survived another apocalypse. When's the next one scheduled?

Lycodrake
December 21st, 2012, 09:16 PM
So, humanity has yet again survived another apocalypse. When's the next one scheduled?
Next Halloween, I believe.

Gabriulio
December 21st, 2012, 09:19 PM

2013, May 19, if another one doesn't appear meanwhile. Some guy who also said the world would end in 2011 and 2012 now has a new prophecy that says it'll end in 2013.

RadiantBeam
December 21st, 2012, 10:44 PM
Well, I spent today meeting the sister's new boyfriend and decorating the Christmas tree. Now I'm browsing the web with some hot chocolate.

Today was the most mellow apocalypse ever.

Laith
December 21st, 2012, 11:48 PM
Spent all day talking with my friends from high school (friends from like 6 years ago and counting =D) about stuff and some others. Coolest apocalypse yet.

Crown
December 22nd, 2012, 12:07 AM

December 23.

terraablaze
December 22nd, 2012, 12:11 AM
My favorite joke to come out of this is the image edit of some internet denizen closing his curtains because 3rd Impact is too bright and just goes back to surfing.

Aiden
December 22nd, 2012, 12:17 AM
Not a bad way to end the world. I got to be lazy.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 22nd, 2012, 04:00 AM
It's now December 22nd here on the west coast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

- - - Updated - - -

It was the end of the world as we knew it and I felt fine.

Doppelgänker
December 22nd, 2012, 05:40 AM
I knew that the world would not end all along.

My Dr.Pepper doesn't expire until July 2013. Proof positive.

Aiden
December 22nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
http://imgur.com/gallery/R8532

Lycodrake
December 22nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
http://imgur.com/gallery/R8532
Genius.

RadiantBeam
December 22nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Spent the day after the end of the world Christmas shopping. Ugh, my ankle.

Gabriulio
December 22nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
My feet also hurt because I pretty much walked the entire city searching for a new MP4 with my dad. At least we found one, and the sound quality rocks, I can feel the lyrics resonating in harmony with my ears.

Theocrass
December 22nd, 2012, 09:35 PM
Twinkies didn't survive the apocalypse. ;_;

Doppelgänker
December 22nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
... Irony, thou art a cruel whore.

Servant Shiki
December 22nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Twinkies didn't survive the apocalypse. ;_;

THEOOO, YOUR ALVIE!

I thought the apocalypse had taken you early.

Doppelgänker
December 22nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
His glorious facial hair caused a temporal distortion which threw off the calamity that the Mayan's predicted- I think the man has earned a bit of an absence.

Ligerleon89
December 23rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
It's good to drink some cocoa after all that hype with you know what.

Rowanism
December 24th, 2012, 12:14 AM
2015. Third impact.

Doppelgänker
December 24th, 2012, 12:43 AM
We survived first and second. I say bring on the third.

Also, ok, so. Gaia didn't die. When will this thread? ... Asked the guy doing something contradictory to the intent of his question... Maybe this post will inspire others to let this sink into the abyss

Techlet
December 24th, 2012, 12:51 AM
This thread should become a time capsule, so that when the great immaterial gods look upon the mortal fleshlings beyond the end of days (for it will come), they will know that we tried to prepare ourselves.

Though through our arrogance we did not succeed, they will know that we did not cower.

No gods or kings will bend our knees.

We die as free man.

Doppelgänker
December 24th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

- William Ernest Henley

Twelveseal
December 24th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I say to keep the thread. There's always some sort of alien spaceship with a doomsday weapon or propheseid end of the world around the corner. Let it stand as a place to pay homage to them all.