PDA

View Full Version : Pimp My OST - Your Personal Tsukihime Soundtrack

ItsaRandomUsername
April 8th, 2011, 02:44 AM
The topic of this thread is Tsukihime's soundtrack.

In it's original incarnation, it's pretty meh. Thank goodness for Ever After and the revamps it carried with it.

BUT THAT'S BORING! Due to the system that the VN uses for it's music, that makes it highly user friendly for song customization.

So come, share with us all: What does YOUR Tsukihime soundtrack's playlist look like? Give song names with respective track #.

===================================

IRUn's Personal:
I've only just begun experimenting so far, and I'm using "Fairytale" by Kalafina for track09, and BOY does it sound smexy so far.

I3uster
April 8th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I disable sound while playing and look for fitting vocalless dnbtracks in youtube while playing.
I played through Ciel and Arc routes with the original Soundtrack but that was terrible and I switched, maybe I am spoiled because of the awesome F/SN soundtrack.

Counterguardian
April 8th, 2011, 04:20 AM
EMIYA during H-scenes.

/thread.

Erlkonig
April 8th, 2011, 06:23 AM
EMIYA during H-scenes.

/thread.

Light and Darkness whenever Hisui cooks.

Your move.

Counterguardian
April 8th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Yakety Sax whenever SHIKI appears.

SeiKeo
April 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Light and Darkness whenever Hisui cooks.

Your move.

All the Evils in the World for the same. Hisui's cooking is not GAR enough for Light and Darkness.

Mcjon01
April 8th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Due to the system that the VN uses for it's music, that makes it highly user friendly for song customization.

Ugh. I made a pact with myself that I would never re-read Tsukihime until I could do it in Japanese, sort of an "always striving for improvement" sort of goal. Unfortunately there's no way to make the Japanese version do anything but stream the music off the disc. You have no idea how many times I've ragequit the whole endeavor after hearing the same cruddy BGM looped for the billionth time.

Kotonoha
April 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Damn that original version of the game for not making you jump through hoops to get the music to play!

...Lol.

Anyway yeah I just use the original music.

terraablaze
April 8th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Damn that original version of the game for not making you jump through hoops to get the music to play!

...Lol.

Anyway yeah I just use the original music.

The original music is fine, but then again I have a high threshold for discomfort I am willing to endure.

I still like Under the Moon and the Credits Theme, everything else is kind of weak. Who here hopes they do what they did with Tsukihime music and have Fate music play when a television is on in Witch on a Holy Night.

Edit: derp
You guys can read my mind right

willyvereb
April 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I listened to whatever was my favorite band at the time while playing Tsukihime. Too lazy to just choose specific tracks for the scenes. All in all I treated it as a novel with pictures as bonus.

Optimus
April 8th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I remember playing once "I'll face myself" from Persona 4 after Shirou's battle aganist Berserker.

Oh, and I played "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" in HF's Normal Ending. Lol.

Mazyrian
April 8th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I actually never minded Tsukihime's music, and a couple of the themes I even liked (not the ending, though, which I found very out of place). Then again, it was the first VN I played, so I didn't knew any better

Optimus
April 8th, 2011, 06:33 PM
You know, it's partially because of threads like these that I don't get my lazy arse to play Tsukihime. Basically, all I hear is "lol, its ost is crapopy and its cgs are bad" so I end up not wanting to touch it a while. And after I've dealt with it, I try to get myself to play it again and repeat the process...

GARcher
April 9th, 2011, 02:40 AM
I think the Ever After soundtracks are nice. Especially the ones that play when Shiki is in a dangerous situation... Like the first time he sees Nvrnqsr.

Gilgamesh
April 9th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I think most of the Tsukihime music is a bit weak, with the exception of a few songs. I'd never bring myself to put other music in it's place, though.

If I am not mistaken, Ever After was a sort of "remix" type thing, right? I think what I did (this was LONG ago, of course, like, whole years ago!) was listen to both versions of the song (original and "remix thingy") and decide which one I liked better, and added that to the actual music folder. The result was MOSTLY the original soundtrack, with like two or three versions replaced with remix versions.

Five_X
April 9th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I like the Tsukihime music. :3

Plus I have the original (I think) ending theme, which is all piano-y and isn't so Guilty Gear.

Sobzob
April 9th, 2011, 02:14 PM
It's not music but, during the h-scenes I turn on another eroge in the background and make it auto-play a h-scene while I play the one for Tsukihime. I did the same for Fate/stay night. The dialogue becomes a bit confusing though, oh well!

terraablaze
April 9th, 2011, 03:35 PM
It's not music but, during the h-scenes I turn on another eroge in the background and make it auto-play a h-scene while I play the one for Tsukihime. I did the same for Fate/stay night. The dialogue becomes a bit confusing though, oh well!

Eh?
What does that accomplish? You mean games that have dialog during the ero? That might work if you did not understand Japanese but I am pretty sure you do.

Certis Baliano
April 9th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I use the Ever After soundtrack, save for one song.

The first time I got to a scene where track 4 played, I couldn't help but to burst out laughing. It completely destroyed the dark mood it was supposed to have. After putting the old one back, I could actually play through the game normally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnje9l8sMME

Gilgamesh
April 9th, 2011, 04:13 PM
oh God I forgot about that version of that one. Yeah, that makes me laugh too.

Eh?
What does that accomplish? You mean games that have dialog during the ero? That might work if you did not understand Japanese but I am pretty sure you do.

Maybe for the sound effects?

Sobzob
April 9th, 2011, 05:41 PM
What does that accomplish?

Maybe for the sound effects?

What goldie said.

terraablaze
April 9th, 2011, 05:49 PM
What goldie said.

Sound effects?

????????????????????????????????

http://www.lurkmore.com/w/images/0/09/Youlostme.png

Sobzob
April 9th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Sound effects?

So that the mollusk that's moaning in Tsukihime gets a voice to moan with.

King Rorthur
April 10th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I just use the OSTs from the non-existent animu of Tsukihime.

Bargadiel
April 13th, 2011, 03:13 AM
EMIYA during H-scenes.

/thread.

Gah I was going to troll on in here saying I listen to EMIYA throughout the entire VN but I was beaten to the cut.

Certis Baliano
April 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Emiya during bad ends.

Now even dying is epic.

aldeayeah
October 22nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
I was going to create a thread, but since there's already a perfectly serviceable 2.5 year old thread... True Resurrection!

The first time, I played the game with the original soundtrack. It was OK.

Then I heard the Ever After/Tsukibako OST. It was hate at first sight.

Then I started translating Tsukihime as a hobby. For the sake of my sanity, I changed the OST to an unholy alliance of remixes, Key sob music, and Guilty Gear songs.

It was awesome.

01. Unforgettable (Fate/another score) [neutral daily life theme/evening]
02. 夏影 (AIR)
03. 風雅 (GGXX The Midnight Carnival) [fast daily life theme/school]
04. The Midnight Carnival (GGXX The Midnight Carnival) [nanaya theme/badass scenes]
05. [s]Yakety Sax 訣別 (CROW'S CLAW/JOYH-TV) [ero scenes]
06. Feel a Fear (GGXX The Midnight Carnival) [nrvnqsr theme/spooky scenes]
07. 銀色 (AIR) [flashbacks and sad scenes]
08. Spiral Ladder (Fate/sound remixes 'Fragments') [story climax/shit gets real theme]
09. Awe of She (GGX Hard Rock Tracks) [story climax/shit gets real theme]
10. Liquor Bar and Drunkard (GGXX The Midnight Carnival) [credit roll]

Polly
October 22nd, 2013, 07:24 AM
I just play tracks from the Kara no Kyoukai movies and maybe a track or two from the Tsukihime anime OST ( like that one with the organ ).

An ufotable anime adaptation of the Tsuki manga with a soundtrack by Yuki K. when?

Servant Shiki
October 22nd, 2013, 07:40 AM
An ufotable anime adaptation of the Tsuki manga with a soundtrack by Yuki K. when?
Everyday in my dreams.

Kat
October 22nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
I didn't even bother to change original OST because I'm lazy.

Nihilm
October 22nd, 2013, 07:58 AM
I played through the whole thing with the OST, it was pretty bad because of the repeating, but not that bad

Altina
October 22nd, 2013, 08:47 AM
Just realised the copy of Tsukihime that I played used the Ever After soundtrack........
I used the whole VN soundtrack. I like the Tsukihime Ever After OST as a whole, as I felt that it largely suited the tone that the VN set. But my favourite are the Title Screen and the H-Scene. For some reason, the H-Scene stood out as the most technically impressive, though the feeling of melancholy it exhibits was slightly inappropriate.

Huitante
October 22nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
I just played it with Ever After OST. It was pretty decent by itself, but the tiny number of tracks was quite a flaw. By the end of the game I got sick of school and h scene tracks.
Under the Moon is still among my all-time favorite OST tracks.