PDA

View Full Version : Type-Moon 10th Anniversary Phantasm

Rokudaime
April 21st, 2013, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know if there are scanlations available anywhere of the various smaller comics that are included in this artbook? If not, is there anyone willing to do so? I know there are translations of All-Around Type-Moon, and that April Fool's comic and everything, but it'd be nice to have translations of the other smaller comics as well.

Arashi_Leonhart
April 21st, 2013, 02:53 PM
There are scans, try places like e-hentai's non-adult selection, but linking would probably fit under "do not post copyrighted stuff links" rules and I am not ruining the spine of mine.

Kotonoha
April 21st, 2013, 03:00 PM
Which ones are you talking about, the mobile site 4komas?

I could do those, they're short.

Rokudaime
April 21st, 2013, 04:31 PM
There are scans, try places like e-hentai's non-adult selection, but linking would probably fit under "do not post copyrighted stuff links" rules and I am not ruining the spine of mine. E-hentai seems to only have Raws. I'm not looking for scans (I have a physial copy of the book), I need scanlations.

Rokudaime
April 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Which ones are you talking about, the mobile site 4komas?

I could do those, they're short.

Probably those, yeah. If you have the book, I mean from the comic where Sion Eltnam Atlasia is being interviewed, and onwards until the comic with the mobile phone characters (can't remember their names. One has green hair, one has orange hair). 6 pages of 4komas, each page being an individual comic. But also, further back, after the Sensha Otoko April Fool's comic, and before the AATMM strips, there are 7 pages with some other black-and-white comic strips as well. I'm interested in all of those 13 pages. :-)

Rokudaime
April 24th, 2013, 09:29 PM
So, Kotonoha, will you do it? :P

mewarmo990
June 21st, 2015, 09:23 PM
Wow someone was actually working on this. Hasn't been updated in a while but it's half done.

http://heavens-feel.com/type-moon_10_anniversary_phantasm_translation.html

Seika
June 21st, 2015, 09:35 PM
That's awesome!

Q: Were you really nervous?
A: In the end, my images of Takeuchi-san and Nasu-san were affected. I remember my impression of Takeuchi-san being the "Father" and Nasu-san the "Mother". Nasu-san had a kind feeling, and during recording he answered our questions with explanations that were easy to understand. There were many scripts in their booth, and I buried myself under some and had a light nap. (laugh) The entire thing had a very feminine feeling. There was such an aura of reassurance that I felt like I was in a house, not a recording studio. Though Takeuchi-san had a reticent and strict feel to him, when we were recording the radio show for Fate /stay night, he made illustrations of Rin on colored paper for me. That was very kind of him, and I knew he was dependable. That's probably why we gave off that impression earlier.
Awwww.

Riku Noctis
June 21st, 2015, 09:37 PM
Wow someone was actually working on this.

Yeah, even tough updates were very rare.

Off-topic: Did you release that groundbreaking translation about an interview or something that you talked about not so long ago?

Seika
June 21st, 2015, 09:39 PM
Q: Does that mean you could ask them questions without any reservations?
A: Yes, but after I'd ask them one question the answer would prompt me to ask about a hundred more!
Evidently even direct access to Nasu doesn't help this.

mewarmo990
June 21st, 2015, 09:40 PM
Off-topic: Did you release that groundbreaking translation about an interview or something that you talked about not so long ago?
if you want to continue this discussion you should do it in my thread. But no, it's not a current priority. Around 70% done last I checked.

Seika
June 21st, 2015, 09:41 PM
Q: In the original work, there's something called the 'Manly Route' (UBW). That's already been covered. The fans are waiting for the 'Sakura Route' to be turned into an anime. What do you think about that?

A: I want to do it! I really want to. Saber's route was turned into the TV anime, and the manly route became the Unlimited Blade Works movie. Perhaps the Sakura Route
can be OVAs? I mean, if you don't play the Sakura Route in the original game, you won't understand certain parts of the setting. I want them to make an anime of it. I do. I want it! (laughs)
Someone was leaking details. (Also "manly route" lol).

Sunny
June 21st, 2015, 10:24 PM
Nasu: Ah yes. Not only did you write in Neco-Arc's style, you were able to create a writing style for all of those derived characters. I even did some work on an episode where you'd help out with that. I was a little nervous at first when it came to making our stuff, but as our work continued it became easier - kind of like Darker than Black. Kato Emiri-san's voice acting of Pink in that was very good - enough to make us think she'd work well with us. Around that time she also voiced the part of Kyuubey in Mahou Shoujo Madoka. [Ah! It's all useless! Oh no!] is how we felt. No one can win against a small, cute animal like that. (lol)

Sunadori: I was the same way. I was sympathizing with it, and knew we'd found the person to play Shizuki Soujirou or Kuonji Arisu. Even the scenes of everyday life were infused with great feeling.

Interviewer: It'll be good to see her play the part. As for other roles to be filled, how about Aotsuki-san and Kiyobee-san?

Aotsuki: I'm very eager about Arisu, as she'll be played by Sawashiro Miyuki-san. They're not throwing away the otaku brains.

Kiyobe: This may come a little unexpected, but I really liked Kinomi Housuke. Maybe I ended up liking the characters more than the story. Mahoutsukai no Yoru is a game with a big cast of characters with many different personalities, and because of that, Housuke, a very ordinary person with ordinary dreams became a kind of window for us to look through and experience that world.

...? Were they officially flirting with voiced Mahoyo at some point, or am I misunderstanding the exchange? Comes up when discussing their respective favorite Mahoyo characters.

Mcjon01
June 21st, 2015, 10:35 PM
Arisu in wonderurando

hayate
June 21st, 2015, 11:08 PM
...? Were they officially flirting with voiced Mahoyo at some point, or am I misunderstanding the exchange? Comes up when discussing their respective favorite Mahoyo characters.

Welp, Kyuubey in Mahoyo...

I can imagine Katou doing certain rites before the voice - over of Mahoyo if that will ever happen. XD

I think they're trying to get them instead of flirting with them. They only discussed the possible voice actors for Mahoyo after all.

Arashi_Leonhart
June 22nd, 2015, 12:10 AM
Q: Which of the male characters from Fate do you fancy?
Kana Ueda: As a woman, I kind of wish an arrogant guy like Gilgamesh would take me away. But if it were my husband, I'd choose Lancer. He's reticent, but he'll become very talkative when he feels like it. He's also a little flexible. A big, bulky guy that makes you feel safe is nice. He'd point out and cover for my mistakes by saying "Hey, what are you doing?" in a nonchalant way. (lol)

sasuga rin

Actually the Fate seiyuu bits are funny like that.

Ayako: Gilgamesh.
Kana: Gilgamesh.
Noriko: Emiya. ...What?

Notice me senpai, I'm vouching for you when everyone else is going for the rich douchey foreigner.

You
June 22nd, 2015, 12:17 AM
Wow someone was actually working on this. Hasn't been updated in a while but it's half done.

He has a summary of the first drama cd of starlit marmalade as well.
It gets really horrible around the second page but the first one is readable.

Seika
June 22nd, 2015, 01:25 AM
Got MB drama CDs too. My Riesbyfe fix!

mewarmo990
June 22nd, 2015, 01:57 AM

Notice me senpai, I'm vouching for you when everyone else is going for the rich douchey foreigner.
In the end he just wants all these kids to get off his lawn. I think eventually everyone reaches a point where they can sympathize.

Hen_Ichi
June 22nd, 2015, 10:34 AM
Japanese women like dominant men stereotype.

But dammit! Another treasure trove cracked open whilst I'm at work.

Rokudaime
June 22nd, 2015, 01:24 PM

Wow, awesome! ^^

Q: Which of the male characters from Fate do you fancy?
Kana Ueda: As a woman, I kind of wish an arrogant guy like Gilgamesh would take me away. But if it were my husband, I'd choose Lancer. He's reticent, but he'll become very talkative when he feels like it. He's also a little flexible. A big, bulky guy that makes you feel safe is nice. He'd point out and cover for my mistakes by saying "Hey, what are you doing?" in a nonchalant way. (lol)

sasuga rin

So it's true, girls are attracted to jerks and douchebags (even though they often claim otherwise)... -_-

mewarmo990
June 22nd, 2015, 01:37 PM
Be more jelly, poor unwashed plebs

Tobias
June 22nd, 2015, 07:10 PM
I am afraid I would be hurt by shirou's kindness, thats why I think I would prefer the chauvinistic rapist

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/316/029/eeb.jpg

Kotonoha
June 23rd, 2015, 09:06 AM
Wow, awesome! ^^

So it's true, girls are attracted to jerks and douchebags (even though they often claim otherwise)... -_-
DANGER, DANGER, ENTERING FEDORA TERRITORY

Mcjon01
June 23rd, 2015, 09:16 AM
If girls like jerks so much then why don't they like me :(

Zenieth
June 23rd, 2015, 09:36 AM
you also have to be handsome/decent to look at and social.

Tobias
June 23rd, 2015, 10:06 AM
Or rich.

You
June 23rd, 2015, 04:48 PM
Just rich.

Zenieth
June 23rd, 2015, 10:49 PM
yeah, money's the great equalizer.

Rokudaime
June 24th, 2015, 08:07 PM
DANGER, DANGER, ENTERING FEDORA TERRITORY

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're trying to say/imply. I googled "fedora", and I understand it's a hat of some sort, but your post is still a complete mystery to me. :-/

Mcjon01
June 24th, 2015, 08:59 PM
You forgot to add "meme" to your Google search. You can't just search for "fedora" when what you're looking for is information on fedora memes.

Rokudaime
June 24th, 2015, 09:18 PM
You forgot to add "meme" to your Google search. You can't just search for "fedora" when what you're looking for is information on fedora memes.

Probably because I didn't realize it was a meme. Meme's tend to be like that. Very often if you don't already know the meme, you're not going to realize it's a meme unless someone tells you. But anyway, ok, I googled "fedora meme", and this is what I got:

"“Tips Fedora” is an online expression used in mocking response to a statement of opinion thought to be held by a young adult male who probably wears fedora (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fedora-shaming) as a fashion accessory. The phrase refers to the gesture of tipping one’s hat as an expression of recognition or acknowledgement between two persons."

I don't understand why Koto would mock my "statement of opinion", when it wasn't an opinion at all, but an observation+deduction based on the comments from those voice actors. I like to think that girls in general don't prefer douchebags, and it's what I've always believed, not really believing people who have told me otherwise, but then I saw those comments, and I was like "damn, maybe there's some truth to it after all", and commented as such. Ayako and Ueda were the ones that said they like arrogant guys like Gilgamesh. I didn't push those opinions on them. They made those statements themselves. I just observed those opinions, and said what they implied to me.

Paitouch
June 24th, 2015, 09:24 PM
You're being silly.

mewarmo990
June 25th, 2015, 03:12 AM
why is it that I've only ever heard this from people with virtually no social skills
*I mean IRL, not implying anything about you personally

The fedora meme is making fun of internet neckbeards... who are stereotyped as having poor fashion sense (including fedoras), actual neck-beards, overweight, socially awkward, misogynistic and/or chauvinistic, computer/video game nerds, 4chan anons, etc. I think you get the picture.

So when someone references "tips fedora" they are alluding that the comment in question is be something pathetic that a stereotypical neckbeard would say.

I3uster
June 25th, 2015, 03:14 AM
just go on reddit and take a look around in its natural home

mewarmo990
June 25th, 2015, 03:15 AM
Specifically /r/theredpill for their innermost lair

Rokudaime
June 25th, 2015, 04:44 AM
*Grumble*...All I did was comment on the fact that "damn, maybe there's some truth to this shit after all" if two of the three girls interviewed prefer douchebags like Gilgamesh...*grumble* It's not that outrageous. That's the impression those comments gave. It's not like I'm convinced and actually believe that anyway though. The sample size is tiny, and I can't be sure if they're joking or not anyway.

Arashi_Leonhart
June 25th, 2015, 12:50 PM
(psst, they're talking about liking fictional characters)

Rokudaime
June 25th, 2015, 06:56 PM
So? Fictional or real, I don't see how that really changes anything. Anyway, let's just drop it.

Arashi_Leonhart
June 25th, 2015, 07:10 PM
It's, uh, okay to like a fictional character that's a dick, because you don't actually have to worry in any sort of fashion about what that would mean to take them home with you? It's different to going up to some blonde foreigner that has a lot of money and rapes women as he pleases and going, "Imma take you home!"

Christemo
June 25th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah wow how can someone like a charismatic rich guy who is also really smart I really don't know wow

Kotonoha
June 25th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Yeah wow how can someone like a charismatic rich guy who is also really smart I really don't know wow
You act like this is a ridiculous question but people sincerely ask me this all the time. They phrase it as "why do you like Shinji" though.

Christemo
June 25th, 2015, 10:00 PM
The world is full of weird people

Arashi_Leonhart
June 25th, 2015, 10:00 PM
You act like this is a ridiculous question but people sincerely ask me this all the time. They phrase it as "why do you like Shinji" though.

"Who wouldn't fall in love with Kamiya's dulcet tones?"

aldeayeah
June 26th, 2015, 04:11 AM
...And is also a narcissistic psycho who'll tread on you?

I'd think that anyone who seeks people like that IRL has serious issues.

Christemo
June 26th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Maybe you just don't like, get it, man

Kotonoha
June 26th, 2015, 09:55 AM
...And is also a narcissistic psycho who'll tread on you?

I'd think that anyone who seeks people like that IRL has serious issues.
Fictional characters are real. We are all anime.

Mcjon01
June 26th, 2015, 10:26 AM
They feel real to me, all the proof I need.

Kotonoha
June 26th, 2015, 11:04 AM
It's time for Kotomine to be tried in real-life court for his crimes.

ItsaRandomUsername
June 26th, 2015, 11:39 AM
For having a mullet?

It's seriously a very serious crime.

Tobias
June 26th, 2015, 02:38 PM

For having a mullet?

No, because all the hot air he blows is the number one cause of global warming, zing!

Kelnish
June 26th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Kotomine did nothing wrong!

aldeayeah
June 29th, 2015, 08:14 AM

Don't be silly, dead people can't be tried.