PDA

View Full Version : [FF] (Touhou) Silent Rage

Ivan The Mouse
April 11th, 2011, 10:20 AM
(Well, it's me again. This is my first fanfiction set in Gensokyo and because I'm a secondary fan, expect something rage-inducing and NSFW. I shouldn't be saying this, but read, relax and enjoy.

Here we go again.)

0--------------------------------------------------------------------------------0

[Disclaimer and Warning: I don’t own any of the characters, settings and elements presented in this fanfiction; this work is a tribute to ZUN, creator of Touhou, and therefore not to be used for profit.

This fanfiction may contain violence, strong language and some themes that may offend or stress some sensibilities. Please exercise an open-mind when reading this fanwork. This is, as given in any fanwork, not connected to canon.]

Silent Rage

Chapter 1: Solving Everything

Before I tell you my story, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Yukio Sanada, and I’ve been living in Gensokyo for about half a year now. Specifically I’m not much of a productive person back in the outside world, and for some goddamned clichéd reason or trope I’ve been transported here by some kind mysterious power or stuff. I remember the day I was transported here, I was playing Imperishable Night during that time in the front of my computer, when I got tired and when I woke up, and I was already lying down in the middle of a dirt road of nowhere. Yeah, I’m a fucking Touhou player, not much of a good one. Talking about breaking the fourth wall and living an otaku dream, huh?

So then the nearest house I could find was the Marisa’s, and I could stay as long as I want providing I help her out in her magical pursuits. And yeah, I’ve seen her go Master Spark on some little youkai’s ass in one of her journeys. She’s a violent prick, that’s why I like her so much. But because all I did back home was to play video games, surf the Internet and generally be a useless fuck to my parents, I can’t even get a chance to score on her. I don’t mind her domming with all of those useless demands she had, as long as I get to see her every day.

But one time, I woke up and all of a sudden she’s already got a high fever, and even though she feels weak and shit, she still goes around with her witchy shit, which made her condition grow worse. She grew weaker and weaker until she can’t even stand up from her futon, so she became more demanding during those days, yelling at me to go fetch her some kind of weird mushroom and mix it in a cauldron full of boiling frog broth. She’s still a fucking witch until her death, huh?

And then the winter came, and her condition grew worse. She can’t even open her eyelids anymore and she’s almost unconscious, and her temperature? Forty-three degrees Celsius. That’s beyond fucking normal. I owe my life to this violent prick of a mistress and I love her, so I can’t just let her like that.

And that’s where my story starts.

I tried gathering snow outside to put in her head to try to lower her temperature, so basically I thought normal snow isn’t enough anymore, and I need something that stays cold and doesn’t melt. That’s right; I need Cirno with this now. But the problem is I don’t know where to find her even though it’s obviously fucking winter.

But since I can’t just sit around here and be a useless prick again, I tried putting some jacket on and start my walk outside when the blizzard’s not blowing that hard. Reminds me of Perfect Cherry Blossom, first stage, in the mountains, and it’s fucking snowing.

After long hours of walking to the mountains and generally getting shit-faced against the blizzard, I found something interesting. From a far, it looks like a little girl sitting frog-style and when I came close to it, it was really a little girl, dressed in light blue with icicle wings. That’s right, it’s fucking Cirno. I can’t believe she’s really freezing frogs for fun in this time of the year, just like in fanon.

Since I know that I’m just an ordinary guy with no ability to shoot danmaku or whatsoever, I try the way I know to deal with this kind of threat. So while she’s distracted back there, freezing frogs as a pastime of sorts, I try to sneak and find something that’s really useful. And guess what? I found a tree branch, something as long as a bat and as heavy as it too. Yeah, that’s right. So you know the next few scenes. I carefully approach her from behind with my tree branch on hand, hoping this shit will work because might be underestimating Cirno. And when the time is right, bam! I homerun Cirno’s head. With one. Fucking. Strike. I seriously overestimated her when I saw that she was holding her right temple, sobbing and writhing in pain on the ground with one strike, but also I seriously underestimated her when she remained conscious with that headshot.

Yukio Sanada, home-fucking-run!

So then I holler in joy with that one strike and ask her, “Come on, bitch! Who’s the man, huh?” I then swing my tree branch once again to hit her back before saying, “Where’s your Icicle Fall now?! Your fucking Perfect Freeze, where is it?! Huh?!” I then strike her once more before I scream to her, “I can’t hear you! Answer, bitch!!!” Fucking strongest in Gensokyo, huh? Yeah, back home she’s a bloody easy enemy, but it still feels good to swing a bat on her ass.

I then proceeded to swing more strikes on her before she sobbed and screamed “Stop!!! What do you want from me?!?!?!” Oh yeah, my purpose here.

I then went nearer to her, tugged her head up by pulling her hair and asked “Come on, you can make an icicle that can never melt, huh?” I then tugged her head nearer to my face and whispered in angry voice, “I want one. NOW!” then forcefully let go of her hair. And she did produce an icicle out of cold air, all while sobbing and writhing in pain because of my strikes. I guess your spiritual capabilities aren’t affected by some physical beating, huh? After she traced me the icicle I need, I quickly grab hold of it, put it in my jacket and tug her hair again. I then whispered to her once more, “Let’s have a deal. I know you have awful lot of friends, and I know you hate this, right?” My voice became angrier and my hold on her hair became tighter when I continued to say, “If any of these things spill out to your friends, I’LL FUCKING HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU. Understand?” And she nodded, without looking at me the whole time, just like that.

After she nodded, I let go of her hair, went a step back, and proceeded to beat the shit out of her, until she was unconscious. Then I walked away and left, just like that, throwing away the tree branch I used.

To be honest with you guys, the threat I made during that time to Cirno was to prevent from shit on hitting the fan. In short, it was empty. Yeah, you think you could handle more youkai, all of them firing bullets at you? I might not be as lucky as now, yeah, and sometimes I ask myself why I did that, but I just hope Cirno will keep her mouth shut. Else, I’m fucked.

So yeah, while I was walking back to Marisa’s house now that I have the icicle in me, I saw another figure in the snow. I hope this doesn’t have to do with what I did with Cirno, but then again, when I take a closer look at this silhouette in the blizzard; I see it’s maybe another youkai, and it is slowly approaching me. When the details became clearer, I see a woman with lavender hair and blue dress. No doubt, it’s Letty Whiterock. Her brooch is enough for me to recognize her, aside from the fact that it has gotten colder.

Because I was so fucking tired from beating the shit out of Cirno, I proceeded to turn around and walk away, but then a voice said “Um, please let’s have a talk for a while.” And then I stopped walking.

Shit.

To try to bail myself out, I then opted to talk by chattering, “Alright, I know you might need something from me, but please I’m tired and my wife is sick back home and she needs to be attended. Now allow me to leave. Thank you.” Huh, talking about daydreaming. Maybe that will do it.

She then said to me in a stern voice, “Human, I saw what you did with Cirno. Don’t deny it.” With her arms crossed in front of her chest.

Fucking shit. I knew it, I knew it!

After that revelation, all I could do was to plant my face on my palms and laugh silently. Looks like there will be witnesses after all, huh? I then turned around to face her and say “So what are you going to do now, huh? Tell the whole village that I beat the shit out of an ice fairy? Do you think they’ll listen to you? Do you think they’ll believe you? Especially you?!” Here I am again, trying to bail myself out, with all bravado.

There were a few moments of silence from her as she shook her head disapprovingly. “Don’t worry, human.” She said. “I won’t do that, I promise you…But I can do this.” She then, at the wave of her hand, expelled a tide of cold air against me, which knocked me off my feet and threw me back by a few meters, sending me rolling against the cold snow. She then walked closer towards me while saying, “You’re underestimating the power of a yuki-onna, human.”

“Heh.” I then raised myself up from the snow, saying “I see what you’re trying to say, Letty.” And in one fluid motion, I picked up a hidden stone from the snow and threw it towards her, aiming for the head. The good news is I almost hit her square on the face. The bad news is she just countered it with a flying icicle.

But the fact that she was distracted by the flying stone was enough for me to gain time to run away from her, since it looks like I can’t win against her at this point. I make a run towards the forested area, since I think I could lure her in there and strike her. I just can’t match her in an open field. I should also strike fast and hard, since I can’t take chances and she might hand my ass to me if I keep myself exposed.

So there I was, being a fucking coward and watching the surroundings carefully. But I’m pretty fucking sure that I could best her shit at this forested area. You see, if she tries to fly overhead the forest, the snow on the trees could provide an excellent camouflage for me to keep running away but since I think she really wants to kill me because of what I did with Cirno, she will be forced to come down on the forested area, where I could go Jason Voorhees up her ass.

All the time while she is searching for me, I was hiding behind a tree. Before I could do anything to her, I must find something that I could use. And since it was nothing but trees, all I could find are branches. In short, I found a wooden stake. We’re like playing hide and seek over here, so I’ll say it out loud.

Green. Class. Weapon.

After a few minutes of waiting behind the trees, I then finally felt that the temperatures around me had started to drop, which mean this could be my chance and my only chance to deal with her. I take a small peek from behind the tree I’m hiding in and there she was, standing, still looking for me with that ever serious expression on her face. Why so serious, Letty, why so serious? And yeah, she should come closer.

Before I could do anything, I noticed that she stood firmly on one spot of the ground and closed her eyes. Apparently she’s mediating, but why the fuck would she do that in the middle of a hunt? So I ready myself and my stake as I prepare to hit her, right on target. Never thought this would be easy, huh?

As I step out from behind the tree, Letty began to hover a few inches from the ground. And then, lines of mist began to encircle her. Goddamn it, I know this, I still know this! It’s her spell card, Flower Wither Away! And she knows I’m here! She lured me out! But screw that, I must strike before the petals come out! So there I was, making a run towards her with the wooden stake on my hand and right when the lines of mist are about to complete their flower pattern, I jump towards her and plant the stake, right on her heart.

That’s right. Yukio, one; Yuki-onna, zero. I win this match with a fatality, as it sent her falling down to the ground, unconscious. That’s it, Letty. We’re fucking done professionally.

Surprisingly or maybe not, I saw that there was no blood coming out of her chest when I drove that wooden branch stake on her heart. Maybe it had not killed her yet, but at least it will keep her away for now and teach her a lesson never to mess with me. Maybe she’ll appear next winter, and I must keep myself prepared just in case she goes fucking nuts on me again.

As for now, I must not keep Marisa waiting. She’s almost dead sick and needs to be treated immediately, but all I can do now is this, get her a non-melting icicle, in which I have to beat the shit out of an ice fairy and maybe kill a yuki-onna just to get one. Not to mention scaring the shit out of Cirno too.

And yeah, it still does remind of Perfect Cherry Blossom, stage one. Heh.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Quite violent.
But good.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I kinda don't like where this is going to be honest.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I don't mind that.
But if my waifu is hit or abused I'm gonna do stuff to you that would make Koto's and Mike's worst nightmares look like something from a preschool book.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Oh, I'm not talking about mah waifus, though I like Cirno even though she's not my Touhou waifu (I don't have loli waifus in general for obvious reasons), that was a very mean way to treat a kid.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM
She's not even a kid, she's at least 60.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Her mentality is of a 10-year-old, she looks like a 10-year-old, but in reality is over 60. Still a kid to me.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Does that make Remilia 9?
She looks and acts like one.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Nah, Remilia is ~500. She's just very selfish. Typical Ojou-sama.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 11:45 AM
She acts like a 9-year old though.
Spoiled and Selfish.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Spoiled and Selfish.

= a kid :3

Anyway, Ivan, I know bashfics are a good way to relieve one of the pent-up stress. However, don't overdo it. Your character practically scarred a kid for a long time and killed the Youkai od Winter. Youkai are not fairies, they die when killed. <.< I wrote that...

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 11:51 AM
=_=

anyway, I think Ivan has a deep rooted hate for Letty.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 11:52 AM
=_=

anyway, I think Ivan has a deep rooted hate for Letty.

I'd say that for Cirno. She had it way worse even though she still lives.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Ah, she'll shrug it off.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Ah, she'll shrug it off.

I don't think so. She faced immense physical pain and maybe internal injuries, humiliation and intimidation. Furthermore, she can't tell anyone about it. Also, this was from a complete stranger. With a thick branch.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
She's a fairy, she won't die even if you kill her.

Ivan The Mouse
April 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
To be honest, I don't even hate Letty. Or Cirno. It just came to my mind. Just like that.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Really?
From some of your old comment, I thought otherwise.

Keyne
She's a fairy, she won't die even if you kill her.

She will die when the nature forces supporting her die. Fairies are nature spirits after all.

To be honest, I don't even hate Letty. Or Cirno. It just came to my mind. Just like that.
Actually, I felt a lot of emotions from those words.

Ivan The Mouse
Oh, about that comment.

It could have been Marisa herself.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Ok... casualty list:

- Cirno (2nd boss EotSD, 1st mid-boss PCB, one of the protags in PoFV and Hisoutensokou, main hero of the Fairy Wars that even Marisa acknowledged)
- Letty Whitelock (1st boss PCB)

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM
"Even if they suffer large injuries so that their bodies are in pieces, they heal immediately.
In a stricter sense fairies can't die.
Therefore they take reckless action, without fearing death.
Since their concept of death differs from that of humans it may look so, it is also said that they simply are stupid."
Well. They'll shrug off even decapitation.

also,
"concept of death differs"
I'm reminded of Notes for some reason.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Even though, the mental effects pain has leave a lingering fear of it, and Cirno wasn't handled especially nicely. Plus, there are the mental effects of intimidation. She will not want him near unless she will willingly want to return the favour. I know she is hot-blooded, but she's also a kid. Plus, she never faced such direct punishment, being only a danmaku player.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM
True.
She's extremely resilient, but extremely dumb.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM
True.
She's extremely resilient, but extremely dumb.

Aaaw... don't call her "extremely dumb". Call her "silly". :(

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
She'd probably fall for the box trap.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 12:22 PM
She'd probably fall for the box trap.

Cirno GET! ^^

Pata Hikari
April 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah no.

Not interested in your violent self-insert.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Stop being so TSUN.

Ivan The Mouse
April 11th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah no.

Not interested in your violent self-insert.

For the last time, just because I wrote it in first-person doesn't mean it's my self-insert. And please, I have nothing against any Touhou character.

Pata Hikari
April 11th, 2011, 01:04 PM
No.

"HOLY CRAP OUTSIDE WORLD DUDE FALLING INTO GENSYOKO"

That's what makes it your violent self insert. The very core premise of this story is flawed and stupid.

Therefore, I will be avoided it like the plague.

Edit: I mean, did you honestly think that it was your usage of first person that made me think your story was retarded?

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Whatever man, your choice.

Ivan The Mouse
April 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
No.

"HOLY CRAP OUTSIDE WORLD DUDE FALLING INTO GENSYOKO"

That's what makes it your violent self insert. The very core premise of this story is flawed and stupid.

Therefore, I will be avoided it like the plague.

Well, I have to agree with you that the very core is flawed and stupid. It's supposed to be. That's what its supposed to be, violent and mindless.

But you can't just call it a self-insert just because some outside-world dude fell down to a world of bullet-spraying little girls.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 01:21 PM
He mixed up a self-insert with an OC. This fic is an OC fic (even though it's in first person). A self-insert is you yourself in the fic, with all of your characteristics.

Ivan The Mouse
April 11th, 2011, 01:24 PM
But yeah, I can't blame him. It's always been an otaku dream to go into Gensokyo, a nerd's dream. And yes, this fic's like listening to metal or watching Cannibal Holocaust. It's mindless and violent.

Pata Hikari
April 11th, 2011, 01:26 PM
No I didn't.

An OC is a character that, while created by the author, still fits within the setting and could be introduced in a new installment of the work without issue.

This character fails at that.

A self-insert is some lame power fantasy the author can insert so he can feel awesome.

This character fits that pretty well.

Keyne
But yeah, I can't blame him. It's always been an otaku dream to go into Gensokyo, a nerd's dream. But yeah, this fic's like listening to metal or watching Cannibal Holocaust. It's mindless and violent.
You should tone it down. When I read what he did to Cirno, I wanted to smash a branch into his face myself and see if he liked it.

@Pata Hikari: My (for now suspended) fic with Irun is what you'd call a self-insert fic, even though my character is gender-flipped. They have abilities, but they're still us in character. A self insert falls under the category of OC.

Lotus Saint
It's not that hard to go to Gensokyo.
All you need is one of these.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/xx1jk1xx/baretta.jpg
(/jk)

Possibility that Pata is trolling 47%.

Ivan The Mouse
April 11th, 2011, 01:34 PM
A self-insert is some lame power fantasy the author can insert so he can feel awesome.

This character fits that pretty well.

The question is, does he look awesome to you?

And seriously, I should repost "Shinji Matou's Guide to Murder". Same writing style. Less violent, though. You'll see.

You should tone it down. When I read what he did to Cirno, I wanted to smash a branch into his face myself and see if he liked it.

Keep your anger, Keyne. This won't be long. If I gave Sakura Matou a happy ending in "All Nightmare Long", so could I with Cirno.

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 01:36 PM
But seriously.
Why do you still post in this thread, Pata?
I mean, you did say you'd avoid this like the plague.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Keep your anger, Keyne. This won't be long. If I gave Sakura Matou a happy ending in "All Nightmare Long", so could I with Cirno.
I'm just worried about the rest of the population of Gensokyou...

Lotus Saint
April 11th, 2011, 01:57 PM
The rest of the population is rather tough.

Ivan The Mouse
April 11th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Indeed.

And I'm working on the next chapter. This time, it's Rinnosuke's point of view.

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Suddenly, I got the feeling Reimu and Marisa are going to stop being virgins soon. [/notsrspffhahah]

qno2
April 11th, 2011, 03:10 PM
It's like Higurashi (DEEN-Style) meets Touhou. With a wooden branch that shall pierce the fucking fourth wall, FUCK!

"concept of death differs"
I'm reminded of Notes for some reason.

...so... can Shiki kill servants fairies?!

Spoiled and Selfish.= a kid :3

What makes you a loli? Is it just the looks or the behavior? Or the fact that you are indeed a young girl? Even big-breasted gradeschool-anime-girls are considered loli. Even "mature" gradeschool-anime-girls are considered loli. Even 500-year old vampires are considered to be loli. When do you cease to be a loli? What is the meaning of life? 42? Is that age the one and only point in your life you cease to be a loli? Is that the question to the answer?

Serious questions indeed that shall occupy our finest heads for a long time... though really can Shiki kill fairies now?

Keyne
April 11th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Keep Mr. Glasses away from Touhou.

qno2
April 11th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Or maybe we should keep Touhou from him. The gland could turn into a curse.

Ivan The Mouse
April 12th, 2011, 06:00 AM
(Alright. Breather episode. As I said, this is to be written from Rinnosuke's point of view. Read, relax and enjoy.)

Chapter 2: Other Point of View

Good afternoon to all of you, my name is Rinnosuke Morichika, and I’m the appraiser and shop owner of Kourindou, Gensokyo’s source of all things coming from the outside world. You name it, I have it. And oh, before I tell my sides of the story, I would like to inform you that I have new items in my inventory. Please visit sometime.

So basically, about half a year ago, there was this guy from the outside world who, according to him, was dropped here by some unknown mysterious force, maybe by the same force that brings in Gensokyo everything that the outside world has forgotten. But since this was a living person and not an inanimate object, such case is not likely.

His name is Yukio Sanada, and he claims to be from the prefecture or province of Kanagawa. He appears to be in his mid-twenties, has a long messy black hair, wearing a fading gray shirt and denim shorts and he is rather…an interesting personality, but not in a good way. He often visits me and my shop, and would usually talk to me about the outside world.

One of those visits is right now, in a winter day.

So I briefly went outside to eat ramen from the local shop, when I got back and there he was, sitting relaxed on a crate and examining my inventory items again, apparently trying to make it work. This time, it was a Gameboy, along with my battery collection. What he basically was doing with the said item was he kept inserting a couple of batteries on some compartment on the back, flipping a switch somewhere on its sides and taking them out, maybe because he was finding the right batteries for the Gameboy, to make it work. He kept doing that to the said item for a couple of times before he looked at the door and caught a glimpse of me, in which he greeted me with an open-palmed gesture and a word, “Hey.”

I then approached him and greeted him back. “Good afternoon, Sanada-san. I suppose your making that item work, right?” I asked, as he resumed putting in and taking out batteries on the Gameboy.

He did the battery-swapping one more time, before he took another short look at me and said, “Yes. I remember when I was a kid, when they first released this on the stores, and I was asking my mother to buy one for me.” He then stopped dealing with the Gameboy and then proceeded to tell me more. “Back then, we used four batteries to make it work and play. This one’s a newer model, a Gameboy Pocket, that’s why it needed fewer batteries. And yeah, I remember first laying my hands on a new Gameboy like this. I was so...excited; I was a kid back then and was crying and saying to myself that I want to play more like this.”

“I’m surprised that you have your fond memories with that item, Sanada-san.” I said to him. “I supposed that’s the reason why you were trying to make it work. Would you like to buy it?”

He then snickered at me, put the Gameboy back on the shelf and said “Nah. I’m just curious, you know? I’m just missing the outside world, man.”

“You say that you’re missing the outside world, yet you said that it was a great opportunity for you to be brought here one time, didn’t you?” I asked him.

“Yeah, what of it?” He asked me back.

“Clearly, Gensokyo is still in the Meiji Era and the outside world is already beyond that. You have all these familiars to do all the work for you, and you people seem to have a deeper understanding of things that we here have yet to tackle.” I point out to him.

“You’re right, you’re right.” He then starts cleaning his ear with his little finger. “But did you know that we also have the technology to allow you to meet different kinds of people from all… the corners of the world without ever leaving your house?”

“Hmn, that’s curious. That means you could be a very popular person without ever going outside. So what are you trying to say?”

He then takes out his little finger and looks at its tip. “What I’m trying to say is that technology allowed people to become lazy from going out of their houses. From talking with people, buying things they want, looking for information…they basically became so lazy that some of them don’t even talk to actually people anymore, even to the people inside their houses. I’m a heavy user of those technologies, you know?”

I then widen my eyes at this revelation of his, but I still gave an indifferent answer to him. “And?”

He then looked directly at me. “Yeah, man…I’m a prisoner of those technologies, but I have my own reasons why I allowed myself to get stuck with it. And those reasons, they’re the same reasons I have why I am so blessed that I found my way here.”

“I see, so what are you saying is you miss that…imprisonment you experienced back in the outside world, but you want it here because you’re free from that imprisonment, is that it? In that case, your situation here is clearly better than what you have in the outside world.” I clarify his points, as I take a seat on the crate beside him.

He then nodded approvingly and said, “Also, I have a lot of freedom here. Back there, there are so many rules that you need to follow, yet they were so vague that it drives you angry and crazy. Not like here, you have your own ways of doing things. If your antique shop was back there in the outside world, you’ll go crazy because the costumers are so demanding. Here, you could just bum around and relax.”

“To be honest, I’d rather have a lot to demanding customers than have an empty place where all you do is sit around and wait for them.” I said to him.

“Well, I can’t blame you, you’re a businessman.” He replied to me, laughing silently.

“No offense, Sanada-san, but you sound like a kid with your statements.” I break to him.

“Yeah, maybe I am a kid. My parents think so anyway.” He answered with a shrug and frown.

I then stand up from my seating on the crate and walk towards the table where the customers would usually do transactions, a rare thing to happen in this shop. Upon taking a much more comfortable seat behind the table, I then tell him. “I know that whenever you go here at Kourindou, you need something. Go on and say it.”

“I need an ice bag.” He quickly answered.

I then point to one cardboard box on the left shelf, as I am lazy to get one from him. I usually would stand up from here to get an item for my customers, but I always make him an exception. “I know there are ice bags on that box over there.”

“Yeah, thanks.” He quickly heads towards that box, puts his left hand inside it and grabs the item in an instant. He then gets back to sitting to the same crate where he was a while ago, maybe to examine the ice bag, maybe to stay for a while. It seems that he wouldn’t leave just yet.

After a few seconds of silence between the two of us, I then opted to question Marisa’s condition. “So how is she right now?”

“There, still showing no signs of recovery. I’m still giving her sponge baths from that icicle I’ve got- I mean from the snow I’ve gathered outside.” He mindlessly said.

I then tip my glasses back. It seems that his tongue slipped, and I pretend that I didn’t catch it up. “I see. Why not try going to Eientei? Eirin might help you if ask her kindly.”

“I’m seriously considering that, although knowing her, I might have a hard time convincing her to get some medicines.” He said, while toying with the ice bag.

“If you could get on Kaguya-san’s good side, maybe she might as well as order Eirin to go to Marisa herself and give a proper diagnosis.” I suggested.

He then stopped toying with the ice bag for a while and looked at me, as if he was surprised by my advice. After that short pause, he then said “Well, if I could do that, then I could also court Marisa properly. But given that I’m not much of a good speaker or listener…” He paused then shrugged negatively. He then quickly changed the subject and asked me, “Yeah, how about between you and Reimu, man?”

“Huh?” His question raised my eyebrow. Here he goes again.

“Come on. Don’t tell me you still don’t like her.”

“I like her, as a person. But in the sense you are talking about, I am in no way-”

He then interrupts me. “I know you’re always alone here, Rinnosuke. You don’t have to hide that you’re always lonely, man.”

I then sigh and tell him, “I still do have other people visiting here, okay?! It’s not what you think it is!” I raised my voice quite a bit when I said that. There was an awkward silence between the two of us, before I said “You think I placed this shop over here because I don’t want to deal with people?”

“Well, I always thought you were shy, man.” He then breaks it to me, as he stands up from the crate. “So, I won’t let Marisa wait any longer anymore, okay?”

“You shouldn’t.”

“Alright, man. Later.” He then starts walking towards the door out of this shop. As soon as he disappeared on sight, I took a deep breath and rest my back on the chair. I guess that ends my day with him right now, as I don’t really like dealing with him. He sort of reminds me of Marisa herself, although she was much more a pleasant person. I still remember one time when we almost got into a fight because he keeps suggesting that I start courting Reimu. Until this day, he’s still forcing me to do so, and it does annoy me when he does that.

But at least, he’s gone for now. I’ll just hope that, despite his deficiencies as a person, he’ll take care of Marisa and do nothing bad here in Gensokyo.

Lotus Saint
April 12th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Going good so far.