PDA

View Full Version : What power would you want?

terraablaze
May 14th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Only options available in the modern setting allowed and only one power set (so no Dead Apostles with magecraft, Magi that turn themselves into Dead Apostles, or Half Bloods with ESP). Things like True Ancestors aren't included because we have only one out and about so that would be like asking which Servant you would be and making Gilgamesh an option. On that note, Heroic Spirits, Counter Guardians, and Servants aren't an option because they can have basically any powerset and are the best of the best of it so it really is to broad and means nothing.

If anything new has shown up in Mahoyo or Fate/Extra CCC it isn't here and you just have to deal with that.

Raven2785
May 14th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

That is all I want.

Cruor
May 14th, 2013, 10:46 PM
terra state your opinion plz

- - - Updated - - -

Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

That is all I want.

>>esp

BlackField
May 14th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Terrablaze, destroying GD one poll at a time.

Cruor
I should assist him in trying force dp to remake a polls section.

ChronoReverse
ESP is such a vague thing. It goes from simply seeing more colours all the way to mystic eyes of death perception does it not?

Cruor
May 14th, 2013, 10:48 PM
MEoDP is another form of reading the future. At least in Nasu's mind.

terraablaze
May 14th, 2013, 10:52 PM
I choose ESP because I am lazy and want the most power for the least amount of work but also no sun weakness or risk of inversion impluse. ESP powers tend to be the best of the best at what they do, or well they usually seem to be. I guess most people with Distortion can only bend spoons.

Magecraft is kind of vagues too (though I excluded Sea of Estray, witchcraft, and other things we know little about) since it includes things like doll making to mineralogy. I didn't want to list every single specific technique we've seen. The powers also come along with all the factional responsibilities they imply so keep that in mind. It's really more what type of character you want to be I guess. Should have included normal person as well.

Dartz
May 14th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Most of those have massive downsides that don't make them worth it, including ESP. Most ESPers end up killing themselves or or entering a vegetative state. Learning magecraft won't make you stand out if you don't have innate talent. I would pick something like martial arts but that wasn't an option, so the safest one is Atlas Alchemy, since to be an Alchemist of Atlas you're required to have an intelect beyond that of an average human and they delve into the study of the mind which is way more practical than something that might give you flashy powers but nasty side-effects that could end up killing you.

Cruor
May 14th, 2013, 11:04 PM
I'd prolly go with Half Blood. But yeah, ESP is my next, and honestly probably has more shit I'd rather want. So by all means ESP is my favorite but I just said Half Blood for some reason.

terraablaze
May 14th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Most of those have massive downsides that don't make them worth it, including ESP. Most ESPers end up killing themselves or or entering a vegetative state.

I don't remember this being definitively stated in such a way. Many of the ESPers who aren't crazy in some other way seem to get along fine with little risk like Seo, Azaka, and Mother Mifune. And of course even people like Shiki, Kuramitsu, and Asagami seem to end up fine despite the odds.

Dartz
May 14th, 2013, 11:17 PM
I guess it's a matter of luck and or talent, the ones that appear in the stories are always the minority. Most ESPers end up killing themselves by being unable to control their powers.

"You really have to thank the magus who gave you those glasses. Most psychics use their abilities without realizing how dangerous they are and end up disabling themselves.
...... Well, those kinds of people are often incompatible with society, so maybe that's just for the best."

BlackField
May 14th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Atlas seems the most interesting to me. Predicting the future+studying phenomena+creating super-weapons+being able to have more amusing conversations in my head=entertaining insanity.

Kotonoha
May 14th, 2013, 11:27 PM
If anything new has shown up in Mahoyo or Fate/Extra CCC it isn't here and you just have to deal with that.
Look if "power to stuff the planet earth up your hoo-ha" isn't available then this poll ain't shit.

Satehi
May 14th, 2013, 11:31 PM
I don't remember this being definitively stated in such a way. Many of the ESPers who aren't crazy in some other way seem to get along fine with little risk like Seo, Azaka, and Mother Mifune. And of course even people like Shiki, Kuramitsu, and Asagami seem to end up fine despite the odds.

"I don't know. Let's say channel 3 is a channel that receives the words of plants instead of people. Let's say that on channel 4, the brain waves making your body move actually move something else. It's amazing to have these kinds of channels. There, the common sense airing on channel 8 doesn't exist. Since the most popular channel shows the common sense needed to live in this current world, other channels do not show such a thing. At the very least, the morals of channel 8 are not shown."

"So you mean not having channel 8 would make you mentally abnormal?"
"Yup. Say there's someone that only has channel 3. That person can talk to plants, but in turn, cannot talk to people. As a result, society treats that person as mentally disabled and locks them up in a sanitarium. That's what it means for a person to have supernatural powers. It's a person who has had different channels compared to everyone else since the time the person was born. But, most people with supernatural powers have such channels as 4 and 8 at the same time and can switch between them. They're channels that you can switch between when you want to, right? When you watch channel 4, you can't watch channel 8. When you watch channel 8, you can't watch channel 4. People with supernatural powers in society live by using both of them, the usual self and the abnormal self."

ESPer life not so great.

Kelnish
May 14th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Tera where is my weaponized work stress? The lack of aneroxia enduced digestive skin is a real pain in the neck.

Crown
May 14th, 2013, 11:57 PM

Kuramitsu ended up at DDD.

mAc Chaos
May 14th, 2013, 11:59 PM
How do you disable yourself with ESP? Go crazy?

Kuradora
May 15th, 2013, 12:05 AM

Psychosomatic disability?

Gaterjhonz
May 15th, 2013, 04:07 AM

too much power abuse leading to brain fries?

Sanguine
May 15th, 2013, 04:24 AM
I picked Esper because every other power in Nasuland seems to be horrible. Magecraft causes intense pain you have to train for years to deal with and can easily kill you every time you use it. Origin Awakening can drive you crazy and completely alter your personality, plus you might get a shit origin like USELESSNESS, being a vampire... makes you a vampire, etc.

And then the whole thread ended up being about how shitty it is being an Esper. Bummer.

I guess I'd go with Half-blood. Hopefully some breed of that is less horrible and acursed than Half-Oni is.

Break
May 15th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Half-unicorn sounds less accursed i guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Personnaly i think the best would be Andersen's NP in which he writes a plot for you and following it you can become your "ideal form" which works basically as a mixture of Origin awakening and demonification. but since CCC things are excluded...

Theocrass
May 15th, 2013, 04:55 AM
The power to blow shit up.

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I guess it's a matter of luck and or talent, the ones that appear in the stories are always the minority. Most ESPers end up killing themselves by being unable to control their powers.

ESPer life not so great.
I would find it very strange if the guys bending spoons and guessing cards have this problem since those are supposed to be the people on TV. Talking to plants of course is going to have different results.
At the end of the day at least it's based on how much you use it and you can still go outside during the day. And no one is hunting you down. So much better.

Tera where is my weaponized work stress? The lack of aneroxia enduced digestive skin is a real pain in the neck.
I was actually going to include Agonist Disorder but totally forgot while double checking I had everything. It's not mainverse so I guess that kind of works. Maybe next time a bigger poll that also includes Wizards (as in the spirit hacker guys).

Daiki
May 15th, 2013, 09:23 AM
't was a tier between Magecraft and ESP. But since you can have artificial eyes, let's go with magecraft.

eddyak
May 15th, 2013, 10:17 AM
What do you mean by homunculi? Be one yourself? The power to create them?

Raven2785
May 15th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I picked Esper because every other power in Nasuland seems to be horrible. Magecraft causes intense pain you have to train for years to deal with and can easily kill you every time you use it. Origin Awakening can drive you crazy and completely alter your personality, plus you might get a shit origin like USELESSNESS, being a vampire... makes you a vampire, etc.

And then the whole thread ended up being about how shitty it is being an Esper. Bummer.

I guess I'd go with Half-blood. Hopefully some breed of that is less horrible and acursed than Half-Oni is.

Even the half-bloods aren't that good, at least if they follow the Nanaya way of reproduction, which is inbreeding. That would lead you to have all sorts of health problems, not just the whole genetic disorders thing, but that may also lead to stunted growth leaving you being smaller than you really would be as an adult, you end up most likely being infertile and if you somehow with a toss of the coin avoid that bullet your offspring has a much greater chance of dying in the womb and of infant mortality and finally, you also get a weaker immune system.

Have fun.

Kelnish
May 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
That's why Church is best. You get the wicked awesome church calisthenics routine that lets them run faster than cars. Why would you want anything else?

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
What do you mean by homunculi? Be one yourself? The power to create them?

Yes as in be one. Similar to how the half blood choice doesn't mean you you are a half blood breeder that keeps your kids and their future mates in kennels. Making homunculus would probably fall under magus. Magus probably has enough variety I could make just another thread about what type of magecraft you would want to inherit (since discovering it yourself is usually pretty lame).

^^
who was it that was a biology expert and explained why that actually isn't a problem, even before you include one half or more of your DNA being super phantasmal beast awesomness.

BlackField
May 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Is there any evidence that the half-bloods followed the same strident inbreeding code the Nanayas did? I'm sure they must have to a certain extent but Akiha was getting married off to someone of another clan, same with Kouma.

Daiki
May 15th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Is there any evidence that the half-bloods followed the same strident inbreeding code the Nanayas did? I'm sure they must have to a certain extent but Akiha was getting married off to someone of another clan, same with Kouma.

Someone from the branch clans. Both of them.

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 10:36 AM
As long as you are banging another half blood I think you are fine. Though apparently what they did with Kouma was normally forbidden so at some point they probably have sex with a pureblood human to keep themselves from going to crazy. It's not like some of the Demon Hunter clans where they really are just keeping it in one family the entire time.

BlackField
May 15th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Someone from the branch clans. Both of them.
Branch clans are still further genetically than what the Nanaya's were doing.

Raven2785
May 15th, 2013, 10:38 AM
who was it that was a biology expert and explained why that actually isn't a problem, even before you include one half or more of your DNA being super phantasmal beast awesomness.

Whoever it was, he's crazy (unless he means just it's just ok in the Nasuverse) there's are reason why as a society we don't encourage bumping uglies with your sister.

Not that I remember, but the Nanaya's were doing it pretty munch in the way we do livestock, which is trying to eliminate undesirable characteristics and trying to establish desirable traits in order to become better demon hunters, while the demon half-blood in the Tohno family is just something they have to live with, they are not trying to make themselves the strongest half-bloods.

Kelnish
May 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM

Normal sibling incest would still be further genetically than what the Nanayas were doing. I don't understand genetics.

DezoPenguin
May 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I'll go with the sacraments. The only down side there is that in exchange for teaching them to you the Church expects you to do something with them like go out and kill vampires and heretic mages and other people who would staple your insides to your nose as soon as look at you. But all the other powers come with that risk, too.

...Unless the misspelling in the poll means that the option is really about something else entirely.

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Whoever it was, he's crazy (unless he means just it's just ok in the Nasuverse) there's are reason why as a society we don't encourage bumping uglies with your sister.

Actually due to the widespread travel of people all over the world now instead of staying within the same 100 miles that your family has always lived in, most geneticists now think that it would actually be totally okay to have children with one of your siblings. Most people are genetically diverse once or twice really wouldn't be a problem. To get Habsburg level of problems you really do have to do it again and again and again. I think they inbreed close to something like double digit generations and didn't stop when their jaws became incapable of eating which probably should have been a sign.

Of course, due to social mores and some genetic anti incest measures people other then Appalachians probably aren't raring to jump in bed with family.

Raven2785
But all the other powers come with that risk, too..

Like... I don't know... Getting stamped out by one of the members of the sacraments?

BlackField
Not that I remember, but the Nanaya's were doing it pretty munch in the way we do livestock, which is trying to eliminate undesirable characteristics and trying to establish desirable traits in order to become better demon hunters, while the demon half-blood in the Tohno family is just something they have to live with, they are not trying to make themselves the strongest half-bloods.
IIRC Akiha was getting married to a member of a another clan mainly for political reasons rather than any blood purity reasons. They must care to a certain extent or else the Tohno's and the Kishima's wouldn't have their record for being powerful but it doesn't seem to be as big a deal these days.

Kelnish
May 15th, 2013, 10:50 AM
They should have had Akiha and Kouma make all the babies. All of them.

DezoPenguin
May 15th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Like... I don't know... Getting stamped out by one of the members of the sacraments?

Exactly. :) One thing about Nasuverse superpowers, if you've got 'em, someone else with 'em's going to try to murder you. As opposed to being a normal human, where it's only probable that someone with superpowers is going to try to use you for experimental fodder/Origin satiation/lunch. 'Cause there are a lot of humans and they kill each other off or die of natural causes faster than the supernaturals can get around to butchering 'em all 'cause that pesky Counter Force keeps getting in the way of really efficient slaughter.

...Actually, I'd prefer to live in a setting not the Nasuverse and just read about the poor suckers who had the bad luck to exist in that crapsack.

Daiki
May 15th, 2013, 10:52 AM
As long as you are banging another half blood I think you are fine. Though apparently what they did with Kouma was normally forbidden so at some point they probably have sex with a pureblood human to keep themselves from going to crazy. It's not like some of the Demon Hunter clans where they really are just keeping it in one family the entire time.

That's what we know of. According to the records of the Tohno, i highly suspects close inbreeding. Especially Mikihisa. Kouma isn't the only one who has too much oni blood. Look at Akiha and SHIKI. Pretty sure they do limit as much as possible to have people with pure human blood as they would end up like the Arima at some point. As the main clan, you can't have them showing weakness.

It's still inbreeding regardless. Having incest with your sister doesn't mean your child will be born with the exact same genes or a combination of the two. It raises the odds. Incest with your cousin or even further down the family path, might give the child the same results.

It's like when you have both parents with blue eyes but your child inherited a trait specific to your great grand-father and get brown eyes. Even if it branches later on down the genealogical tree, the gene might transmit.

BlackField
May 15th, 2013, 10:54 AM
That sounds painful. Poor Akiha. Oh wait a moment, I can't imagine Kouma would be any more enthusiastic than Shiki.

Raven2785
May 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
IIRC Akiha was getting married to a member of a another clan mainly for political reasons rather than any blood purity reasons. They must care to a certain extent or else the Tohno's and the Kishima's wouldn't have their record for being powerful but it doesn't seem to be as big a deal these days.

That was my point, the Tohno's are not trying to get their demon blood to be stronger, if anything they want it to be weaker kinda like the Arima's who for all intents and purposes will live normal lives.

The Nanaya's do it to (ideally) get specific traits and abilities passed down to their offspring in order to be better demon hunters.

BlackField
May 15th, 2013, 10:56 AM
That's what we know of. According to the records of the Tohno, i highly suspects close inbreeding. Especially Mikihisa. Kouma isn't the only one who has too much oni blood. Look at Akiha and SHIKI.

Akiha was noted as not having that much oni blood. Well, not until Shiki fucked it all up anyway.

@Raven I should have left in the part about how well you explained the Nanaya's and their...deviances. I know you said that I was just expounding.

Kelnish
May 15th, 2013, 10:56 AM
And that's why, like I vaguely remember someone sorta saying in Tsukihime, the Nanayas are bigger monsters than the things they hunt.

Sherrinford
May 15th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Eh, you pretty much convinced me of Atlas. But I'm not such a genius!

Second choice would be Church, or ESP, but just because I can't choose MEoDP.

no Dead Apostles with magecraft

Ergh, What kind of DA would you even be?

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 11:00 AM
The normal kind. As in everyone who isn't a Dead Apostle Ancestor with a special ability. Think White Wing, Enhance, or Sacchin before she gets her Reality Marble (oh maybe I should have made that a separate option, almost feels like it should even if it's usually something you get along with whatever else makes you special).
Maybe when I make my next poll I'll include an option for magi who specifically turned themselves into Dead Apostles.

Kelnish
May 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I would be like Nrvnsqr because I am special.

Wait, I can't remember. Did he go Magus --> Apostle ---> Chaos or Magus --> Chaos is why he's an Apostle

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Chaos is why he is a Dead Apostle Ancestor in the first place, because he did body modification as a Sea of Estray alchemist and didn't stop. No bite on the neck for Fabro.

Daiki
May 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Akiha was noted as not having that much oni blood. Well, not until Shiki fucked it all up anyway.

Look at it like a container. It's not how much you have overall, but how much you can hold in before going crazy/become a CRV. While Akiha did good so far by being able to control it, she has too much for her to keep it in check. She probably could live normally if she didn't have to share her life with Shiki. Without her maid, she would have ended up like in Kohaku's route.

Break
May 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
That sounds painful. Poor Akiha. Oh wait a moment, I can't imagine Kouma would be any more enthusiastic than Shiki.

Kouma is a Tarzan guy, so obviously he is an extremely gentle lover in balance with nature. When you fuck with Kouma, the birds and deers sing Barry White songs for him.

Kelnish
May 15th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Look at it like a container. It's not how much you have overall, but how much you can hold in before going crazy/become a CRV. While Akiha did good so far by being able to control it, she has too much for her to keep it in check. She probably could live normally if she didn't have to share her life with Shiki. Without her maid, she would have ended up like in Kohaku's route.

No. Look at it like alcohol. SHIKI is like a big bottle of Bailey's, a lot of oni blood but it's not all that potent. Akiha is like a shot of everclear not a lot but what is there is strong enough to make your hair curl. Kouma is like a big 'ole bottle of bourbon. Is how I would analogize it?

BlackField
May 15th, 2013, 11:13 AM
She probably could live normally if she didn't have to share her life with Shiki.
She could, Makihisa says so in one of his diary entries. And the rest of the stuff you said is wrongish. You go crazy when you have more than 50% demon blood, its a direct quantity thing. CRV isn't the same thing as the inversion impulse, its the same idea as a border collie is a dog but not all dogs are border collies.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Look at it like alcohol. SHIKI is like a big bottle of Bailey's, a lot of oni blood but it's not all that potent. Akiha is like a shot of everclear not a lot but what is there is strong enough to make your hair curl. Kouma is like a big 'ole bottle of bourbon. Is how I would analogize it?
That would be how it would be if Akiha wasn't keeping Shiki alive.

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I'm surprised so many people choose Atlas Alchemy. I think people forget how exceptional Sion is. Most people are just going to have two partitions and spend it on research. Which is certainly useful but not especially glamorous.

Kelnish
May 15th, 2013, 11:17 AM
You might as well say "the Shikis" instead of just Shiki. Since having to support three lives is what she's doing prior to turkey handle.

BlackField
May 15th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I'm surprised so many people choose Atlas Alchemy. I think people forget how exceptional Sion is. Most people are just going to have two partitions and spend it on research. Which is certainly useful but not especially glamorous.
Life expectancy. All the other options have very short life expectancies unless you are highly exceptional or choose to suck.

Sherrinford
May 15th, 2013, 11:23 AM
The normal kind. As in everyone who isn't a Dead Apostle Ancestor with a special ability.

Just being a blood-sucking vampire would be no fun, to put it in a way.

White Wing

Didn't he became a DAA through magecraft? And Enhance is technically a DAA.

Btw, if RM would be an option, I would most probably choose that one.

Mellon
May 15th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Life expectancy. All the other options have very short life expectancies unless you are highly exceptional or choose to suck.

Not really. Its not like most Magi have low life expectancies (e.g 200+ years and slow aging).

You don't really need to go out and be a Sealing Agent. Most Magi just sit in their basements/workshops and do research, before giving away their Crest.

Daiki
May 15th, 2013, 11:26 AM
She could, Makihisa says so in one of his diary entries. And the rest of the stuff you said is wrongish. You go crazy when you have more than 50% demon blood, its a direct quantity thing. CRV isn't the same thing as the inversion impulse, its the same idea as a border collie is a dog but not all dogs are border collies.

Which seems to vary since Akiha is able to keep a fair balance, barely avoiding to reach Ancestry Return status.
Where did i say that IP = AR ?

Break
May 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM
well as do the Atlas alchemists; but they do so in sunny Egypt! Plus Rani.

BlackField
May 15th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Not really. Its not like most Magi have low life expectancies (e.g 200+ years and slow aging).

You don't really need to go out and be a Sealing Agent. Most Magi just sit in their basements and do research.
The guys who live 200+years are all awesome and talented. Judging by the Tohsaka's most have averagish life expectancies.

If we accept that we are going to be average in this scenario and we want to become awesome we are going to need to sacrifice a bunch of humans and watch the MA and Church come after our sorry asses.

At least with Atlas you can become awesome without getting killed, or at least I don't think there's anything to suggest anything else.

Mellon
May 15th, 2013, 11:30 AM
well as do the Atlas alchemists; but they do so in sunny Egypt! Plus Rani.

You dont get the snazzy increased lifespan because most ATLAS people don't have actual Magic Circuits

If we accept that we are going to be average in this scenario and we want to become awesome we are going to need to sacrifice a bunch of humans and watch the MA and Church come after our sorry asses.

At least with Atlas you can become awesome without getting killed, or at least I don't think there's anything to suggest anything else.

Please. If you are an average member of the Association, nether the Church nor the Enforcers will be after your ass. And even mediocre number of Circuits boosts your lifespan to some degree.

And with ATLAS you really don't have the chance to become awesome. You are pretty much set in the amount of partitions and if you have a small number of them, be prepared to be a complete mook with no chance of progression.

BlackField
May 15th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Which seems to vary since Akiha is able to keep a fair balance, barely avoiding to reach Ancestry Return status.
Where did i say that IP = AR ?
Akiha is on a slow path to being overwhelmed through keeping 2 people alive. She is slowly forced to become more reliant on her oni blood and its slowly taking over.

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Just being a blood-sucking vampire would be no fun, to put it in a way.

Didn't he became a DAA through magecraft? And Enhance is technically a DAA.

Btw, if RM would be an option, I would most probably choose that one.

But Enhance has no special talents of his own and White Wing insists on being just a pure vampire for some reason. Basically I felt if I allowed vampire magi I would have to include ever combination available and then there would be people picking vampire half blood ESPer magi alchemists. I bet that's what Narbareck or the head of the Clock tower is.

BlackField
May 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Please. If you are an average member of the Association, nether the Church nor the Enforcers will be after your ass. And even mediocre number of Circuits boosts your lifespan.
Thats if you accept mediocrity. Where is your sense of going further Mellon? Sacrifice those children and go for greatness.

Mellon
May 15th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Thats if you accept mediocrity. Where is your sense of going further Mellon? Sacrifice those children and go for greatness.

As opposed to staying forever mediocre in ATLAS?

Because you cant really "increase" your partitions?

Kelnish
May 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
And even mediocre number of Circuits boosts your lifespan to some degree.

Citation please?

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 11:36 AM
What you don't hear about Atlas is the 100 students who die a year due to experimentation going wrong trying to develop world destroying weapons and human sacrifice to the Egyptain gods. I bet Atlas just looks the best in that regard because we know the least about them. I mean, you might still get loaned out for like a church mission like Sion.

BlackField
May 15th, 2013, 11:36 AM
As opposed to staying forever mediocre in ATLAS?

Because you cant really "increase" your partitions?
The advantage being you know you don't have the potential for greatness.

Daiki
May 15th, 2013, 11:38 AM
But Enhance has no special talents of his own and White Wing insists on being just a pure vampire for some reason. Basically I felt if I allowed vampire magi I would have to include ever combination available and then there would be people picking vampire half blood ESPer magi alchemists. I bet that's what Narbareck or the head of the Clock tower is.

What about Gazamy ?

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Gazamy will end up being a Djinn or something because Nasu has to make him substantially different from Imagine Breaker.

Rockxas
May 15th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Atlas alchemy, I'll be rich!

ZZ-3000
May 15th, 2013, 06:01 PM
ESP because in-breeding FTW because Mystic Eyes of Death Perception and the fact that ESP is the ability that has the most "human" origin, which gives it a cool edge, making it sound like we've evolved past the need of relying on magical beings to supply us power and have secured our own position on top of the Nasu-verse's food-chain (even though I know that it's not completely true). The rest have draw-backs, that make it not worth it (such as being constantly hunted by the Church/Clock-tower if you're a Dead Apostle) and have always found Magi to be a bunch of over-elitist, stuck-up douchebags. The only other possibility I'd pick would be Atlas Alchemy, but that sounds boring.

Kuradora
May 15th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Atlas Alchemy because knowing the future is always good. Also, awesome super-weapons.

ratstsrub
May 15th, 2013, 08:25 PM
You want to know the future?

Ok, here's the future.

You're all going to die in some catastrophe.

There.

Crown
May 15th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Why cannot I be an Agonist instead?

Kelnish
May 15th, 2013, 08:29 PM

Ok, here's the future.

There.

So... I'm not going to die alone?

You're a saint. Thank you. ;_;

---edit---

Way to be pages behind, crown.

terraablaze
May 15th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Why cannot I be an Agonist instead?

Because I forgot it in the process of remembering Church stuff.

Crown
May 15th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Oh, I didn't see it before.

Damn terra for discriminating me.

Kuradora
May 16th, 2013, 02:02 AM

Ok, here's the future.

There.

Man, I can't wait 'til Overcount 1999!

Cruor
May 16th, 2013, 02:03 AM

how does asakami end blind