PDA

View Full Version : Beast's Lair very own FATAL thread

Ratman
August 3rd, 2013, 06:40 PM
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1333/23/1333233618449.jpg

In response to resolution shown in this thread (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4037-On-Bittersweet-being-revealed-as-Crying-Vegeta?p=1261641#post1261641) and in order to turn the fail it contains into something slightly less shameless, though not by a lot, we will commence preparations for a game of FATAL.

WHAT IS FATAL
(http://1d4chan.org/wiki/FATAL)
FATAL character creator (http://www.4-shared.eu/download/68M8HznnTm0dSH3DIzWB8C/FATAL-Character-Generator.html)

The core rulebook is easily found. Everyone up for the game, let's pool together our intentions. Surely something can be worked out.

I3uster
August 3rd, 2013, 06:41 PM
I don't know if I should.

Neir
August 3rd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Good Job

Ratman
August 3rd, 2013, 06:43 PM
As for me, I'd rather not take the GM reins, also because I don't trust myself at all to be poetic enough in english, but will do it in case that nobody else volutneers for the position.

If something comes up from it, chances are there is going to be drawfagging and stuff somewhere long down by the line, so there's that hook too.

Should we use Skype? Or IRC? If neither, what do you have good experiences with? We obviously need a very good rolling system, which is why this forum most likely won't do.

Katie
August 3rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
i don't even know if its worth it

I3uster
Drawfagging for FATAL?

Are you...sure?

Break
Ill join in if i have the time.

Reynel
August 3rd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Well... I changed my mind.

Break
August 3rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
,,,or not.

Ratman
August 3rd, 2013, 06:51 PM
Drawfagging for FATAL?

Are you...sure?
No.
I am not sure at all.

Anyway, there is our chance to do this, until we wake up tomorrow and realize that this might not be such good idea after all. By that time, it would be good to be deep enough in, that we won't be able to backpedal out of it!

I3uster
August 3rd, 2013, 06:51 PM
I don't think you can make people actually get the character creation of this monstrosity.

Ratman
August 3rd, 2013, 06:53 PM
It indeed takes a unique mind. Speaks volumes of the special, extremely refined kind of a player that will go through with it.

(It's also REALLY important to mention that I intend to play it as as normal an RPG as possible. No raping unless the rules say so. Which they will, so if you are going to play, you really should buckle up and project nothing onto your character)

I3uster
August 3rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
How many players are you looking at exactly because I doubt you will even get 3.

Erlkonig
August 3rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
No.

Some things were not meant to be opened.

FATAL is one of them.

Saged, reported, hidden, called the cops, etc.

Hopeluvjoy
August 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
best thing about the FATAL character designer is it will cuss you out if you screw up.

Also bro you forgot the FATAL theme song in your OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLlbVW-VA0

Ratman
August 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM
I am looking at zero players, obviously.

It seems that people have thought this is a good idea, though they are now sobering up, so yeah.

I3uster
August 3rd, 2013, 06:57 PM
Nobody unironically thinks FATAL is ever a good idea.

Except maybe Neir.

Break
August 3rd, 2013, 06:59 PM
on a side note, that comic at the starting post is pretty funny. where from?

Ratman
August 3rd, 2013, 07:01 PM
^^I do. I genuinely want to see what is going to happen.

Well, this is exactly what I've expected. Sugarcoating isn't going to help, the thread is here to stay(unless it gets deleted which wouldn't be surprising) in case some insane people who are too curious for their own good show up and want to go there.

Oh, and the comic is from Gunshow. (http://gunshowcomic.com/733)

I3uster
August 3rd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Nothing gets deleted here, not even Lantz RPs.

Hopeluvjoy
August 3rd, 2013, 07:02 PM
What is funny is I've actually thought of running a game of FATAL before just for laughs. But I know if I do horrible things will happen so I have swore to never fall to this desire.

Satehi
August 3rd, 2013, 07:03 PM
So from peoples reactions this sounds like a Good Job RP, when does it start.

I3uster
August 3rd, 2013, 07:03 PM
See the problem isn't that it's weird ERP, I think even WoD had weird ERP shit at times. It's that it's a completely incomprehensible system on top of that.

Cruor
August 3rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
I don't know if I should.

Create Rance fgt

mangafreak7793
August 3rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
I'm lost....and slightly confused of what I'm looking at?

Ratman
August 3rd, 2013, 07:09 PM
^Follow the WHAT IS FATAL link in the first post.

See the problem isn't that it's weird ERP, I think even WoD had weird ERP shit at times. It's that it's a completely incomprehensible system on top of that.
It isn't impossible to play, however, and still allows for roleplay as long as it's just hack and slash. Though you aren't going to last long in hack and slash. Unless you have someone with magic that can heal your severed limbs, which obviously opens a brand new can of worms.

Tobias
August 3rd, 2013, 07:11 PM
What the fuck am I reading?!

mangafreak7793
August 3rd, 2013, 07:13 PM
^Follow the WHAT IS FATAL link in the first post.

It isn't impossible to play, however, and still allows for roleplay as long as it's just hack and slash. Though you aren't going to last long in hack and slash. Unless you have someone with magic that can heal your severed limbs, which obviously opens a brand new can of worms.

I did.....I'm just confused of why someone made this or rather partially wondering why anyone would rp this?

I3uster
August 3rd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Because self loathing.

Ratman
August 3rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
Because someone in the Bittersweet thread was like "Anyone up for a game of FATAL"
And I've realized that I surprisingly am up for a game of FATAL.

There are reports of people who had fun playing FATAL. The worst RPG ever, you see, is an extremity, which gives it a certain degree of worth on its own. A lot of gourments would like to taste the absolutely worst tasting food. This is a lot like that. You are led by your curiosity. How bad could it possibly be? What could go wrong? SOMETHING is going to go wrong, but what?
It can be wieved as an attempt to broaden your horizons. The deeper your depths, the higher your heights.

It is also of note, and completely understandable, how people kind of want to see this happen but don't want to actually be a part of it.

Hopeluvjoy
August 3rd, 2013, 07:29 PM
I'm lost....and slightly confused of what I'm looking at?

You don't want to know. No really run from this thread with your faith in humanity intact.

What the fuck am I reading?!

Quickly Tobias get the original book. 900+ pages of horrible middle age research, Mechanics that make no sense, Random Latin Phrases spread all over the place. The stupidest magic effects ever and it only gets worse the more pages you turn.

Because someone in the Bittersweet thread was like "Anyone up for a game of FATAL"
And I've realized that I surprisingly am up for a game of FATAL.

There are reports of people who had fun playing FATAL. The worst RPG ever, you see, is an extremity, which gives it a certain degree of worth on its own. A lot of gourments would like to taste the absolutely worst tasting food. This is a lot like that. You are led by your curiosity. How bad could it possibly be? What could go wrong? SOMETHING is going to go wrong, but what?
It can be wieved as an attempt to broaden your horizons. The deeper your depths, the higher your heights.

It is also of note, and completely understandable, how people kind of want to see this happen but don't want to actually be a part of it.

The reason to play FATAL would be better stated as staring into a black abyss and wondering "Is it truly a infinite fall? Is it really that horrible?" and then you take the plunge and scream as you realize yes it is the bloody horrible and hilarious.

Arch-Magos Winter
August 4th, 2013, 12:10 AM
I remember /tg/'s FATAL quest. Good times.

Hopeluvjoy
August 5th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I guess no one dares to enter Ratman's magical realm. ;_;

Ratman
August 6th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I was just trying to make history here.

but in the end it has to be this way