PDA

View Full Version : Nendoroid Generations (PSP)

Nerroth
April 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
There's an upcoming uber-crossover game (http://extrovertedotaku.blogspot.com/2011/04/nendoroid-generations-game.html) inbound; looks like at least three Nasuverse alumni will be along for the ride.

Also: d'aww (http://yoshii.nickyzai.com/images/2011/april/nendogen_18.jpg)...

ItsaRandomUsername
April 21st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Just looking at this is giving me DIABETUS

Kotonoha
April 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM
In before rage at which three Fate characters were chosen.

*hides*

Nerroth
April 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM
They could add more if the series is popular enough, I guess. (Maybe even a couple from Fate/Extra, too.)

Tangerang
April 21st, 2011, 11:31 AM
Which 3?
*can't check atm*
Its not just saber, rin, and sakura?

Tobias
April 21st, 2011, 11:32 AM
Which 3?
*can't check atm*

no......saber, rin....and rider.

Nerroth
April 21st, 2011, 11:33 AM
I wonder who they will get to voice BRS; Hanazawa Kana (from the OVA), Sakamoto Maaya (from the upcoming game), or someone else entirely.

ItsaRandomUsername
April 21st, 2011, 11:43 AM
no......saber, rin....and rider.

What's the problem, then?

[/Trollololol]

Ruca_Milda
April 21st, 2011, 11:54 AM
oh god
Mike is gonna rage so,SO much.

Principally since they have no excuse anymore....since they put Seiba on a high-school, and Sakura IS on high-school....And the fact Haruhi characters that can't fight(except for Yuki) are there too...

;_;

Tobias
April 21st, 2011, 11:55 AM
honestly....I kinda wouldnt blame him, for once.

Tangerang
April 21st, 2011, 11:57 AM
What ypu talking bout, haruhi knows kung-fu! Maybe. Wouldnnt be suprising.

Ruca_Milda
April 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM
What ypu talking bout, haruhi knows kung-fu! Maybe. Wouldnnt be suprising.

WELL,

WHAT ABOUT MIKURU? D<

then again Haruhi can just buff anyone, if she wishes for it.

Tangerang
April 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM
GIVE HER LASER EYES!

Tobias
April 21st, 2011, 12:03 PM
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

wonder if I should google/watch/read these?

Kotonoha
April 21st, 2011, 12:20 PM
Nanoha is pretty popular here, I think it has powerlevelz.

honestly....I kinda wouldnt blame him, for once.

Heh, yeah. If it were just Saber and Rin I wouldn't see any reason to complain, but the fact that they had room for another Fate character and went "okay, Rider it is"...

I'd actually be interested in a Sakura nendoroid (other than the puchis I mean).

RV29
April 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
This is relevant to my taste! Chibi Seiba & Chibi BRS FTW!
I am so playing this game :3 So moe~!

Ruca_Milda
April 21st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Nanoha in my opinion was bleh. And I even generally like Mahou Shoujo anime(...I'm not counting Madoka on this one, mind you).

Haruhi...I liked it, but just kinda "like"?Not "OMG THAT'S AWESOME", but still like.

Kotonoha
April 21st, 2011, 12:30 PM
Haruhi wasn't bad, though I only saw the first season. I heard everyone started hating it after they had this arc that involved some kind of time loop where they ran the same episode repeatedly with minor changes each time, or something.

I should have watched it in broadcast order, though. Last episode in broadcast order = THE EPIC(ish) CLIMAX, last episode in chronological order = Yuki reads a book for five minutes.

Satehi
April 21st, 2011, 12:31 PM
lol they reanimated each episode of the timeloop each time.

Tangerang
April 21st, 2011, 12:37 PM
I heard the movie was excellent though.

Tangerang
April 21st, 2011, 12:58 PM
I wonder what would cause more rage?

If Sakura doesn't make it in, or if only Dark Sakura makes it in?

Hen_Ichi
April 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM
Well, those are only some of the characters. But it's not inconceivable that those are all the characters from those series'

But damn! Another consumer product release in japan that want much but never be in English!!!! >_<

Haruhi's a frickin' Haruhi so most BORKEN character already. Mikuru should be in Battle Waitress form - Eyebeams, hypersonicvibrofilament, particle beams, a freaking spike launcher and more!

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

wonder if I should google/watch/read these?Two main routes, either the anime or the novels. I think the novels are quite good - so far, but the author went to do other things for awhile. The previews of the latest book is kinda.... meh..

The anime first season is definitely an above average anime, and I think one of the best around its time. The infamous endless eight in season two shall be villified for all time. Otherwise the season two is rather average. There are also a number of shorts based on two doujin Haruhi series'.

The movie - was perfection. I think the best anime adaptation of something ever - and definitely the best adaptation I know of. This means it does share the same flaw as the novel it adapts - You'll need to have seen the two series' or read the preceding novels to really get the story.

Tangerang
April 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
Ironically enough, the reason that the endless eight arc in the second season was so bad was apparently so they could have more material to work with for the movie, which was apparently really good.

You're own judgement on whether it's worth it or not.

Mike1984
April 21st, 2011, 06:35 PM
In before rage at which three Fate characters were chosen.

*hides*

Yeah, what a fucking shock, they can't be arsed to include Sakura....

I would rage, but honestly I'm used to Nasu being an asshole sell-out who treats Sakura like shit (due to her being "less popular") by now, so there's no point.

Which 3?
*can't check atm*

What do you fucking think...?

oh god
Mike is gonna rage so,SO much.

Principally since they have no excuse anymore....since they put Seiba on a high-school, and Sakura IS on high-school....And the fact Haruhi characters that can't fight(except for Yuki) are there too...

;_;

Well, exactly. They have fuck all excuse other than "Rider is more popular", and honestly I'm fucking sick of it.

It's not like they can't add one extra character, either. It can't take that much effort.

Heh, yeah. If it were just Saber and Rin I wouldn't see any reason to complain, but the fact that they had room for another Fate character and went "okay, Rider it is"...

Well, I'd still be pretty pissed even if they went for just Saber and Rin, but the fact that they picked Rider over Sakura is just fucking ridiculous. I mean, it's not like Sakura isn't cute or moe, either.

Fighting games I can sort-of understand leaving her out of (even if it pisses me off), but this they have no excuse for.

I wonder what would cause more rage?

If Sakura doesn't make it in, or if only Dark Sakura makes it in?

Hmm, good question....

Probably Dark Sakura being in, in this case, because it would imply that they think she's the "more important" version, and it's not like they have any "but she can fight" excuse to fall back on in a game like this.

Well, those are only some of the characters. But it's not inconceivable that those are all the characters from those series'

Well, that's true, and if they're only advertising some of the characters it would indeed make sense to advertise the more "popular" ones.

But, I wouldn't count on it. I've seen Sakura get fucked over enough times not to be shocked if they don't include her.

Kotonoha
April 21st, 2011, 06:47 PM
I would rage, but honestly I'm used to Nasu being an asshole sell-out who treats Sakura like shit (due to her being "less popular") by now, so there's no point.

This is a game about merchandise, somehow I don't think Nasu had much creative input :P

Although Rin and Rider haven't really had Nendoroids. (Well they have, but they didn't have the "Nendoroid style" this game seems to be using for them.)

The Saber in this looks just like the Saber nendo that came out a while ago though. Pretty cute.

Mike1984
April 21st, 2011, 06:54 PM
This is a game about merchandise, somehow I don't think Nasu had much creative input :P

He must have licensed it, though.

I'm just kind of pissed off at how little he seems to care about Sakura in general.

Although Rin and Rider haven't really had Nendoroids. (Well they have, but they didn't have the "Nendoroid style" this game seems to be using for them.)

Sakura does, right?

Kotonoha
April 21st, 2011, 07:10 PM
There's Saber, Rin, Sakura and Rider, but they were some of the earliest Nendoroids and there wasn't really a "Nendoroid style" at that point so they looked more like the chibi versions you see in the Tiger Dojos and stuff (pics (http://www.nendoroid.org/series.php?s=5)).

There are petit Nendoroids (http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/2782/Nendoroid+Petite+Fate+stay+night.html) though. Which also includes Sakura.

mewarmo990
April 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM
He must have licensed it, though.

I'm just kind of pissed off at how little he seems to care about Sakura in general.
Actually, Type-Moon is a company, not a person.

Without meaning to get into route arguments again, I'll just say that I actually thought he put a good amount of effort into Sakura's route.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much because this game is probably going to be blah like Tiger Colosseum was. More franchise milking.

Ruca_Milda
April 21st, 2011, 07:46 PM
There's Saber, Rin, Sakura and Rider, but they were some of the earliest Nendoroids and there wasn't really a "Nendoroid style" at that point so they looked more like the chibi versions you see in the Tiger Dojos and stuff (pics (http://www.nendoroid.org/series.php?s=5)).

There are petit Nendoroids (http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/2782/Nendoroid+Petite+Fate+stay+night.html) though. Which also includes Sakura.

I want to buy those Nendo petits. So bad. And I even have someone to buy them from. Just don't have the ways to pay the person, I EVEN HAVE THE MONEY D:

And this is just my fanboy inside screaming, but I think they're gonna add Sakura, just haven't really worked on her yet. They probably wanted to add the images of her models since she's a heroine, but couldn't since they haven't figured out how to do her yet...? AGH, HELL IF I KNOW, MY MIND IS DERPY FROM COMING OUT OF THE SHOWER JUST NOW ;_:

Mike1984
April 21st, 2011, 08:01 PM
Actually, Type-Moon is a company, not a person.

Yes, but Nasu is the main writer, and presumably also the main owner.

Without meaning to get into route arguments again, I'll just say that I actually thought he put a good amount of effort into Sakura's route.

I'm sure he did, and indeed I think he does like Sakura to some extent. It's just that she's not popular amongst the fandom (in Japan, especially), and he's more interested in the money than in artistic integrity or not fucking her over.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much because this game is probably going to be blah like Tiger Colosseum was. More franchise milking.

Well, yeah, but it's still fucking annoying.

And this is just my fanboy inside screaming, but I think they're gonna add Sakura, just haven't really worked on her yet.

Well, it's possible, yes. It could just be that they didn't feel the need to include her in the marketing stuff.

Ruca_Milda
April 21st, 2011, 08:05 PM
IMO,They just didn't get any images to show on Sakura. Notice how Rider also has no images.

They probably just forgot to mention her? Again, hopeful fanboy.

ItsaRandomUsername
April 21st, 2011, 08:09 PM
Reason Sakura wasn't mentioned:

SHE GETS A BIG DAMN HEROES MOMENT WHICH INTRODUCES HER

Hey, since Nasu isn't the one coming up with the plot, she has a chance to be awesome!
...I can dream, can't I?

willyvereb
April 21st, 2011, 08:15 PM
...I can troll, can't I?
Fix'd
Y-Yes, you can. And your previous comment was totally not about making fun of Sakura.:p

squall06
April 21st, 2011, 08:15 PM
Sakura is Nasu's waifu, he want to keep her for himself

Ruca_Milda
April 21st, 2011, 08:24 PM
So, on UC, Sakura got ANGREY since she'd been doing nothing but having sex with Nasu, paralyzed him, turned dark and went to UC so she could vent her anger at some servants?

Kotonoha
April 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM

Awww, don't hate on Tiger Colosseum.

Sure the gameplay kind of sucked, but the stories were fun.

Sakura is Nasu's waifu, he want to keep her for himself

Sakura isn't Aoko/Rider!

IMO,They just didn't get any images to show on Sakura. Notice how Rider also has no images.

They probably just forgot to mention her? Again, hopeful fanboy.

There's a list of known characters, and Rider's on it, but Sakura's not, so I don't think that has to do with images.

artistic integrity

o_O

Ruca_Milda
April 21st, 2011, 09:02 PM
TC's stories were fun. Though I bet Koto loved it more because of Shinji and Shinji teaming up with Neko-arc. :P

Kotonoha
April 21st, 2011, 09:04 PM
That was Tiger Colosseum Upper :P

But yes, I enjoyed that route, lol.

mewarmo990
April 21st, 2011, 09:19 PM
Oh no, I was talking about Tiger Colosseum's gameplay. Took all of 5 minutes to get bored of it.

But I got a kick out of the stories. They're goofy funny :)

Kotonoha
April 21st, 2011, 09:30 PM
How to win at Tiger Colosseum:

>L
>Square
>Square
>Square
>Square

mewarmo990
April 21st, 2011, 09:31 PM
How to win at Tiger Colosseum:

>L
>Square
>Square
>Square
>Square
Yep.

Ergast
April 22nd, 2011, 07:50 AM
Hey, at least it has more gameplay than Dragon Ball the Movie for PSP. In that game you just have to push X since you switch on the game till the end. You don't need to push any other button.

Nerroth
April 23rd, 2011, 12:34 AM
Official site (http://nengene.channel.or.jp/) is up.

terraablaze
April 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Not much there, also those Nendroids at the top look wrong for some reason.
So what is this like Toy Story: Japan verison?
Don't tell me they are only using the Nendroid style to sell the game and that the "plot" will have no relation to them being Nendroids.
So basically it is a cross over with emphasis on cutesy moe.

Nerroth
May 12th, 2011, 11:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTWUKjwVL8&feature=player_embedded#at=13

Kotonoha
September 5th, 2011, 08:59 AM
So, preorders are open for this if anyone cares. (probably not me)

Also:

http://i51.tinypic.com/1zwl1rm.jpg

Look Mike! There was nothing to be mad about after all :)

TypeWannabe
September 5th, 2011, 10:49 AM
IS THAT RACHEL ALUCARD?!

Kotonoha
September 5th, 2011, 10:52 AM
NO IT'S FATE TESTAROSSA

TypeWannabe
September 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Oh. Well then, I still don't care about this game.

Kotonoha
September 5th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I probably won't buy it.

Might "acquire" it because I see delicious Mayuri though.

TypeWannabe
September 5th, 2011, 10:59 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I also see Black Rock Shooter in the second picture to the right, blocked by the status screen.

Kotonoha
September 5th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Yep.

nununu
September 5th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Not much there, also those Nendroids at the top look wrong for some reason.
So what is this like Toy Story: Japan verison?
Don't tell me they are only using the Nendroid style to sell the game and that the "plot" will have no relation to them being Nendroids.
So basically it is a cross over with emphasis on cutesy moe.

It's a massive crossover of anime/manga/game characters in Nendoroid style. It'll prolly have as much plot as SRW without the original characters(read: not much). And I don't think the plot was the main motivation to playing SRW as opposed to seeing Voltes V and Combatler V teaming up to ruin somebody's day. This should be in the same vein.

terraablaze
September 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM
They could have done the crossover without the Nendroids though, if they throw in Nendroids I would like them to capitalize on that somehow.
Like how Little Big Planet could just be a platformer that focuses on player created content that also happens to have a homemade sock dolls as avatars but they made them being made of thread and buttons to the logical extreme and made the whole game look hand made by an arts and crafts maniac (get it? because the levels are homemade by people all around the world!)

I suppose that kind of creativity is a bit too much to ask from a quick cash in crossover.

Ruca_Milda
September 5th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hey, Steins;Gate girls! And Sakura! Might as well give it a try when it comes out.

nununu
September 5th, 2011, 01:05 PM
They could have done the crossover without the Nendroids though, if they throw in Nendroids I would like them to capitalize on that somehow.
Like how Little Big Planet could just be a platformer that focuses on player created content that also happens to have a homemade sock dolls as avatars but they made them being made of thread and buttons to the logical extreme and made the whole game look hand made by an arts and crafts maniac (get it? because the levels are homemade by people all around the world!)

I suppose that kind of creativity is a bit too much to ask from a quick cash in crossover.

They're using GSC's Nendoroid licenses for the characters though so why shouldn't they(model them after their nendo designs)? Banpresto uses SD models for SRW and it works.

Wonder if this game's gonna have combination attacks though...

Nerroth
November 15th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Update (http://andriasang.com/comyyb/).

Kotollama
November 15th, 2011, 05:48 PM
hope we can slash characters in half.

I3uster
November 15th, 2011, 05:50 PM
It would be hillarious. The whole game is absolutely cute and fluffy but includes MK-level fatalities.
Just once I want to see a company trolling like that.

ItsaRandomUsername
November 15th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Drill Rin.

Now it's up to you whether I'm describing her, or making a command~

Kotollama
November 15th, 2011, 05:54 PM
smash haruhi's face FOREVER.

ItsaRandomUsername
November 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
ILLYASVIEL VON EINZBERN DLC FUKKAN WHAR

:3

terraablaze
November 15th, 2011, 08:00 PM
smash haruhi's face FOREVER.

*disapproving look of shame*

Nerroth
December 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=LuUEfsIDcQI#!

Yden
December 6th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Daww

I3uster
December 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM
This video gave me diabetes.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 7th, 2011, 12:28 AM
1:07 - 1:11

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ON A SHIT SANDWICH ZOMFG Wifhdoehoiusgwyoqnhzuzs7wQHrbEXAEIUYii

Hen_Ichi
December 7th, 2011, 02:02 PM
ClariS are everywhere these days '_'

S-seiba-sensei!?!?

REJOICE. It's a Sakura.

Yden
December 7th, 2011, 03:05 PM
1:07 - 1:11

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ON A SHIT SANDWICH ZOMFG Wifhdoehoiusgwyoqnhzuzs7wQHrbEXAEIUYii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g6TKvzAOks

Kotonoha
December 7th, 2011, 03:07 PM
MAYUSHII! :3

mewarmo990
December 7th, 2011, 03:20 PM
This video gave me nausea.

I'll probably play it.

Nerroth
February 9th, 2012, 01:06 PM
More stuff (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/09/from-nendoroids-to-psp-game-nendoroid-generation/). (Only a few weeks to go before the game's launch...)

Nerroth
July 6th, 2012, 02:22 PM
So, has anyone here actually played this game?

There are a few gameplay videos over on YouTube; such as this one, showing off the various special attacks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSEiJAEn9Ck&amp;feature=related

(The Type-Moon ones start at about 8:07.)

Laith
July 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
So, has anyone here actually played this game?

Pretty standard JRPG turn based game. Not really that good but then again I'm not really the target audience.