PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite Berserker?

Milbunk
October 9th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Same as the rest:

My favorite is prolly Lancelot or Frankenstein as a top second.

Knick
October 9th, 2013, 10:02 PM
omg, STOP WITH THE POLLS!

holy shit.

Gabriulio
October 9th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Arcueid >>>> shit >>>>>>>>>> the rest.

Kuradora
October 9th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Lancelot always felt the most angry to me.

Leftovers
October 9th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I wish there was a place to put all these TM-related polls.

oh wait

Mcjon01
October 9th, 2013, 10:09 PM
I wish there was a place to put all these TM-related polls.

oh wait
Poll forum deleted due to low traffic. Battle Moon Wars 2 forum still around despite the project being dead before it started. Meanwhile, GD burns.

There is no justice.

Milbunk
Well truth be told I felt the 7th dimension didn't quite fit all that well with this kinda topic, and since there wasn't really a poll's section this was the next best choice as it's not really fanfic material.

Raven2785
Lancelot, with Herc being a very close second.

Mcjon01
October 9th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Well truth be told I felt the 7th dimension didn't quite fit all that well with this kinda topic, and since there wasn't really a poll's section this was the next best choice as it's not really fanfic material.
It's not your fault, according to board rules this is correct. It's the world that is mistaken.

Leftovers
October 9th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Poll forum deleted due to low traffic. Battle Moon Wars 2 forum still around despite the project being dead before it started. Meanwhile, GD burns.

There is no justice.

McJon for most quotable

Nihilm
October 9th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Going to go with Lancelot, since he has a cool NP

Dartz
October 9th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Arc, no doubt about it.

sjtabler
October 10th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Sorry Hercules (and to some extent Illya), but my favorite is Arc.

Leftovers
October 10th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Shit-taste Neo TM peasants.

Hercules for Berserker with the most heart.

o7

Ossan99
October 10th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Arc. ショウジキナイワー (^^;.

mAc Chaos
October 10th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Herakles losing? What happened to BL.

BlackField
October 10th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Neo Type Moons, that's what.
Please take your neoTM nonsense back to /fate/. Sure Arc beating Herk is ridiculous but it is what it is.

Leftovers
October 10th, 2013, 02:38 AM
/fate/ he says.

Sanguine
October 10th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Two words.

Fighter. Jet.

Gaterjhonz
October 10th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Arc on top? Damn this place be crazy.

Kat
October 10th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Voting for Lancelot a.k.a GARserker.

Seika
October 10th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Banned users' votes still count. Intriguing.

Kat
October 10th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Is there something we could do about it?

Huitante
October 10th, 2013, 08:02 AM
I couldn't pick between Heracles and Lancelot, so I voted Spartacus because he has the best smile.

LoyaltL
October 10th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Yep, torn between Herakles and Lancelot. In the end, I went with Herakles after RNG.

Nihilm
October 10th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Is there something we could do about it?

we can discount them from the final count to determine the winner once the poll closes.

ChildOfMike
October 10th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Lu Bu, with the original berserker really up close on second, too much the three kingdoms i supposed

Strife ❤️
October 10th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Voting for Arcuied as Berserker...

Milbunk
October 10th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I guess more people like Lancelot then they do Herkules, that's kinda surprising.

raygirl
October 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I guess more people like Lancelot then they do Herkules, that's kinda surprising.

Why? Heracles kept getting consistently owned in each route of F/SN. Lancelot only died because of his shitty master.

Seika
October 10th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Why? Heracles kept getting consistently owned in each route of F/SN. Lancelot only died because of his shitty master.

You think the power they display is the biggest driving force behind people's preferences? Wouldn't have been my guess.

Nihilm
October 10th, 2013, 09:16 AM
I dislike Heracles' God Hand's mechanic. That's why I like Lancelot more.

raygirl
October 10th, 2013, 09:17 AM
You think the power they display is the biggest driving force behind people's preferences? Wouldn't have been my guess.

Not just the power display. Lancelot was also the bigger wild card. Every time he appeared in Zero, the insanity of the fight intensified ten fold.

Siriel
October 10th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Lu Bu has the best weapon, Arcueid the best eyes, Heracles is the best but his name is written wrong.

I only have one real option then.

"The fusion of all creation, the purity of the soul which descends beyond the horizon of qualia. Tincture Trismegistus...., primary form.... SHOOT!!"

Seika
October 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Heracles is the best but his name is written wrong.
I should be annoyed, but if I ragged on Milbunk for bad writing I would have to butt in every single time he posted. (Please learn what comma splices are and cut back on them. Please).

Milbunk
October 10th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Sorry sorry to tell you the truth I used to get yelled at for not using comma's I guess I took that to heart bit too much.

mAc Chaos
October 10th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Now Lancelot is winning. This is even worse.

OdaNobunaga
October 10th, 2013, 12:56 PM
IT'S... IT'S LU BU!!!! Though since he isn't voiced by Tetsu Inada in Fate, the title goes to Lancelot.

Seika
October 10th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Dropping the comma from a comma splice ... probably technically makes it no longer a comma splice, but doesn't actually improve it.

Kat
October 10th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Shouldn't it be Herakles, not Heracles? Please don't chew on me if the former is wrong.

Siriel
October 10th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Only if you try to poorly pretend to be Greek, in which case it should be Hēraklēs (Ἡρακλῆς if you try harder). Heracles is the right way to write it in English. Herkules sounds like some strange frankenstein abomination of the Roman Hercules.

Seika
October 10th, 2013, 02:25 PM
That post was made under an attribute licence. Using a substantive quantity of it requires that you provide a link to its original context and creator.

Kat
October 10th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Herakles is the version in Polish.

Siriel
October 10th, 2013, 02:28 PM
That post was made under an attribute licence. Using a substantive quantity of it requires that you provide a link to its original context and creator.

I don't think looking up how to write the name in Greek on wikipedia and then using my own knowledge from there requires me to provide extensive sources.

Or did I misunderstand what you meant?

mAc Chaos
October 10th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Herakles sounded weird at first but it's grown on me.

Kat
October 10th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Zeus is Dzeus in Polish. Is that weird?

Seika
October 10th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I don't think looking up how to write the name in Greek on wikipedia and then using my own knowledge from there requires me to provide extensive sources.

Hmmm.

Why does anyone use Heracles? If you're being Roman, say Hercules. If you're being Greek, say Ἡρακλῆς. If you're being Greek but want people to understand you, say Herakles.

We'll let you go with a warning this time.

Zeus is Dzeus in Polish. Is that weird?
Nope, it's perfectly correct. The Classical pronunciation of zeta was roughly 'dz'.

Kat
October 10th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Ah, so we got it right, then :D

Mcjon01
October 10th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I use the original mirror moon romanization from before the name was confirmed by Type Moon, Hera Cless.

CompositeGNFNR
October 10th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Sounds way too close to Hairy Chess

Siriel
October 10th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Hmmm.

We'll let you go with a warning this time.

This may surprise you, but I haven't actually read all the Badass Versus thread and committed it to memory so that I may then steal knowledge from posts made roughly half a year before I joined.

Seika
October 10th, 2013, 03:27 PM
What kind of casual are you?

Siriel
October 10th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I got about ten pages in and then realized that anything older than a month would probably be obsolete anyway due to Nasu writing new stuff and reinterpretation so I called it quit.

Seika
October 10th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Anyway, I reposted it in the month you joined too. So there's no excuse!

kay4today
October 10th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Lancelot. Pretty much every Berserker bores me, and at least he has awesome battle scenes to make up for it.

You
October 10th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Lancelot. Pretty much every Berserker bores me, and at least he has awesome battle scenes to make up for it.
Berserker in a tuxedo in Tiger Colosseum.

AmADo VII
October 10th, 2013, 07:25 PM
didn't (couldn't) play Extra so Lancelot.

The Geek
October 10th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Lancelot for making Saber piss herself.

ItsaRandomUsername
October 10th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Herk, by a long shot.

Napul
October 10th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Um, nice poll!
Um, nice poll! ... Again?
Once more?
Isn't this already a little much?
OMFG! Polls! Polls everywhere!
And one more time!

Ikamato
October 13th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Definetely Lancelot. He was angry, totally mad and just embodied the concept of a "good Berserker" pretty good. Besides that ... he's the only one capable of fighting a babylonic king on an ufo while piloting a F-15 with Artus, Diarmuid and Iskandar fighting against the Cthulu on the ground xD

Avalon206
October 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM
"Gilgamesh eventually grows bored and plans to finish him off, but Berserker surprises him by continuing to advance even after that simply through willpower."

"Though it should be impossible, Berserker resists even the binding force from the chains, and even Gilgamesh acknowledges that it will not be enough."

"After Ilya is blinded and stabbed through a lung, he summons his strength to break the chains as she continues to crawl towards him even in that state. Gilgamesh simply pierces his heart with Gae Bolg, and the attack truly kills him. Though he is out of power and should instantly fall, his remaining will allows him to comfort Ilya in her final moments. Fighting all the laws destroying him, he watches her call out for him, standing strong as if to say he must remain invincible for her until the very end."

And this is why I think he is the best Berserker.

Blacklyra
October 13th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Gotta go with the Greek hero on this one.
Even though he was an all around monster in terms of attitude thanks to his summoning, Herk's connection to Ilya and incredible determination to protect her is nothing short of heartbreaking. There is also something very intense about him being able to pull together whatever scraps of sanity he has left to tell Ilya to "Run" in Heaven's Feel.

The sad thing is that all of his most super-powered abilities are rendered unusable as a Berserker-class Servant. Were he summoned as anything else (save Caster and probably Assassin), Herk would have been able to use all the clever wit and skills he had during life. I like him a lot, though I probably would have liked him more as a different class.

Milbunk
October 23rd, 2013, 11:37 PM
Lancelot beating out Herc? Who knew?

Well at least they don't have Spatacus's smile, that alone was enough to drive him straight to the bottom.

Huitante
October 24th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Too bad, looks like I'm the only Spartacus aficionado out here. But I believe that he'll get more fans when Apocrypha gets an anime adaptation (still before Tsukihime anime).