PDA

View Full Version : ZnT/Type-MOON Crossovers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 03:09 AM
As you know, I've worked on a few of Zero no Tsukaima (Familiar of Zero) / Nasuverse stories in the past, and I think that Nasuverse characters could do rather interestingly in a series practically designed for crossovers.

So a few questions:

Who would you be interested in seeing as a familiar in the ZnTverse?

And would anyone like to help write a story with such characters?

mangafreak7793
April 23rd, 2011, 04:17 AM
But can you handle another story, it seems your hands are full. If you can handle that's fine but I'm wondering when notes, EGm, and echoes are going to come out?

as for characters, I'm either thinking of Avenger or Bazett either during her near death state or when avenger finally ends the cycle.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 04:21 AM
That's why I'm asking if someone else would like to help write it, or write it. I'm concentrating on my own things at the moment, but I wouldn't mind other people giving it a shot!

Grant
April 23rd, 2011, 04:30 AM
If it's a serious fic I'd say not using any definitely overpowered characters or characters likely to get the dreaded omniscient morality license, so Herakles, EMIYA, Arturia, Arc and maybe Ryougi should probably be avoided. Shirou after the War (but well before any major increases in power) Cu Culhainn*, Medusa, Tohno Shiki and Azaka seem more viable. If you do use an 'overpowered' one maybe someone almost never used like Touko.
As for writing I'm not that great but I can try to beta if we don't kill each other.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 04:39 AM
Herakles is already making an appearance in the Illya in ZnT fic I'm collaborating on, so I don't plan to use him. I am also currently writing stories with Mana and Fujino, so probably no Ryougi. The others do seem viable though.

Fangstrike
April 23rd, 2011, 04:41 AM
If we're being non-serious, I'd go for ORT-tan. I'll be upfront, I couldn't do ORT. Spiders scare me. I'm freaked out by the spider monsters in Dragon Age 2.

Guiche: And what's your name?
Guiche: Hiiiii!

On a serious note, maybe Akiha. She's my favorite Tsukihime character and she's not overpowered, though I'm having trouble seeing how she'd mesh with Louise. They're both nobles and stubborn. However, whereas Akiha's a sort of success and confident, Louise is the exact opposite. So while they could have a mutual respect for each other, Akiha probably wouldn't take kindly to Louise treating her like a slave.

DreamsRequiem
April 23rd, 2011, 04:54 AM
I'd think that Rin would be perfect for the ZnT world, though undoubtedly she'd clash with Louise because of their similar personality.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 04:54 AM
Akiha, eh? Duel of the nobles, eh?

And Rin...ah, Tsundere vs Tsundere...

Either one would be fairly interesting, though Rin might or might not be detected as a mage immediately. Akiha though, with her demon-hybrid status...hmm...

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 05:01 AM
The thing about Gandalfr is that anyone can do it. Shinji can get beat around... by Guiche... or Taiga can show them how it's done. Ayako or Kaede can demonstrate girl power.

Of course some are more overwhelming... Iskandar can conquer the world. Ah... if we're going there, might as well bring in Gilgamesh. He kills Louis the moment they meet or something, lol.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 05:10 AM
If you're bringing in Iskander, might as well change over all the Void familiars. Or just Sacchin, whose Reality marble would give the mages fits...

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hmm, interesting. I'd offer to collaborate, but I'm still too busy at the moment, so that'll have to wait.

I do remember having considered if it might be possible to use Kohaku for this scenario. Since she deserves more stories, and would be an interesting contrast to the other characters previously summoned. It would probably work best with a Near-Side Kohaku, to keep her broken as of the start of the fic, and allow for interesting character development.

Going with this, Gandalfr could work, but I'm not sure how appropriate it would be. There is also the question of how to write Kohaku appropriately manipulative, while also emphasising the loss of purpose and the need to deal with a number of rather immediate and physical threats.

Still, food for thought.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Canonically, each of the Four Royal Families have an assigned void familiar:

Tristain - Gandalfr (mastery of any weapon)
Romalia - Vindalfr (mastery of any beast)
Gallia - Mind of God (mastery of any magical artifact)
Albion - Heart of God (nearly unlimited prana)

DreamsRequiem
April 23rd, 2011, 05:29 AM
^Eh, if that was the case, then does that mean that Third Magic decided to diverge from canon to better suit Illya's insertion into ZnT? Since she's the Myoztherirn instead of Gandalfr.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 05:35 AM
Yes. I usually try to stick to canon when possible, but sometimes, subtle shifts work for the best.

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
I was thinking Iskander for someone who would drive Louis insane and mess up the entire system rather than power levels. He has conquer the world syndrome, and would literally start an empire beginning with the magic academy not really caring he's no longer on Earth.

edit: I especially like the kohaku idea.

DreamsRequiem
April 23rd, 2011, 05:50 AM
I want to suggest Ayako so freaking bad. But I know she's got nothing to contribute other than being a female familiar...

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 05:50 AM
Hmm...Iskander as one of them? Kohaku as another...perhaps under Tiffania? Kohaku x Iskander team up to conquer the world?

I want to suggest Ayako so freaking bad. But I know she's got nothing to contribute other than being a female familiar...

Ayako has martial art skills...

DreamsRequiem
April 23rd, 2011, 06:17 AM
Would Gandalfr modify that? Because if it didn't then she's still be a sitting duck without her bow and arrows...

Certis Baliano
April 23rd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Seeing Shinji there would be quite amusing.

Even though he'd get slapped around, he'd probably be ecstatic once he finds out that he's actually useful thanks to the power of Gandalfr.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Would Gandalfr modify that? Because if it didn't then she's still be a sitting duck without her bow and arrows...

She actually is skilled with a Naginata. And Gandalfr lets you use anything as a weapon with utmost proficiency. Yes, even a teacup.

Seeing Shinji there would be quite amusing.

Even though he'd get slapped around, he'd probably be ecstatic once he finds out that he's actually useful thanks to the power of Gandalfr.

That or he'd rape the maids...and Louise to keep her quiet...

Certis Baliano
April 23rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
That or he'd rape the maids...and Louise to keep her quiet...

Shinji will become Guiche's rival, making a bet with him about who can get the largest harem.

But yeah... there's no way Shinji wouldn't do something to Louise after getting beaten & rejected so bad.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 06:41 AM
Shinji will become Guiche's rival, making a bet with him about who can get the largest harem.

But yeah... there's no way Shinji wouldn't do something to Louise after getting beaten & rejected so bad.

Worst part about raping Louise is that she'd probably convince herself that she loves him, since someone actually wants her...

Grant
April 23rd, 2011, 06:46 AM
Pre-War Kiritsugu? Post-final battle Gun God Godo*? I'd suggest the protagonist from DDD but I know virtually nothing about him.

On another note some of the Nitro+ worlds like Phantom or Kikokugai might work.

But yeah...Shinji's probably not the best idea. Much as I'd like to find something redeeming about him the best you can say is that you might be able to feel a bit of pity along with disgust.

*Godo's actually a pretty cool guy in my opinion. I'd like to see him get expanded.

Kieran
April 23rd, 2011, 07:09 AM
I'd actually like to help - reading your stuff has given me a taste for the subgenre (I actually read "Hill of Swords" just because) - but my knowledge of ZnT is fairly limited. You'd basically have to give me a fair amount of data for me to be of any use . . .

I'd actually like to see Saber or Rider, now that I think about it. Rider doesn't get enough use, and Saber is . . . Well, even if Gandalfr is kind of redundant for her, there are so many ways that could be amusing, it's almost demanding to be written. Ren might be interesting, too - if she went cat before the smoke cleared, she'd be exactly what everyone expected as a familiar. Much less fuss . . . Initially.

If you're interested, I also have a few Type-Moon OCs gathering dust (Saber and Rin's kids spring to mind). They were fairly popular in their own right.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 07:11 AM
That's fine - I'd be open to the idea. You certainly write quite quickly too, so that's a plus. Ren or White Ren then perhaps? Having a cat as a familiar would seem normal enough. And then odd dreams begin, and odd things happen with ice...

Kieran
April 23rd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Both have their advantages - Ren is less likely to try and kill her new master, but White Ren can talk. Using the classic Ren would require most of the story be written from Louise's (or someone else's) perspective, because Ren's responses would typically be ". . ."

It wouldn't be impossible, just tricky. Might actually be a fun challenge, really.

Froggie
April 23rd, 2011, 08:25 AM
I think it'd be interesting to see Saber summoned into the world of ZnT. Why? Because she's royalty, has the poise and temperament of a monarch, but, for the society of ZnT, she'd perhaps be nothing more than an uppity commoner, if not an outright rebellious commoner.

I think it'd be plenty interesting to see how both sides handle that.

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Except she has magic resistance A... which means magic is nothing to her. Like the elephants, touching dissolves any and all magic... considering anything other than void magic is pretty short and then there's her mana burst.

Froggie
April 23rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
But magic resistance has nothing to do with the capability to cast spells, which is the criteria used to determine nobility in the ZnT verse.

And, is the magic resistance something granted by the servant system of the grail war or something innate of Arturias? Finally, if these sorts of beings were being summoned, how would they be classified? Would the be summoned as servants or directly as heroic spirits?

That being said, the main point of interest in seeing Arturia summoned, as I said before, is not whatever mechanics she comes tied with, but rather how would ZnT handle a commoner with the poise and presence of a KING, magical sword not withstanding.

ringlhach
April 23rd, 2011, 08:43 AM
Pretty sure Saber'd kill Guiche, just as an example, and something similar's already happening in another of Alfheim's fics.

Hermitfold
April 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
I'd be interested in doing this, since I'm a fan of ZnT

If you want to get really wild, you could go with someone like Avenger, maybe.

And it would be interesting if you went with Nasuverse magic getting involved in the ZnT world, as well, along with the modern tech.

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
I think it's a bit of both. Or rather, Arturia represents a greater concept/mystery than normal magic and thus magic below her is trumped by her mere presence. Kind of like Elephants. Living in an age where magic was almost common, Saber developed high MDEF, whereas Archer has bad MDEF as a crappy magus living in modern times.

DreamsRequiem
April 23rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Just to unleash all kinds of insanity, I'd go for Zouken. When he was still young.

ringlhach
April 23rd, 2011, 09:01 AM
I think it's a bit of both. Or rather, Arturia represents a greater concept/mystery than normal magic and thus magic below her is trumped by her mere presence. Kind of like Elephants. Living in an age where magic was almost common, Saber developed high MDEF, whereas Archer has bad MDEF as a crappy magus living in modern times.

Okay, I'm confused. What the hell does that have to do with elephants?

Hermitfold
April 23rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Okay, I'm confused. What the hell does that have to do with elephants?

It's a BL joke.

We were having a discussion on Berserker on the old site, and someone mentioned that he couldn't rip apart an elephant. The joke started from there.

Grant
April 23rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Pretty sure Saber'd kill Guiche, just as an example, and something similar's already happening in another of Alfheim's fics.

Nope. I've got some issues with that other fic but I can definitely say Arturia wouldn't kill Guiche. She's got a firm sense of honor and right and wrong. Sure she'll conscript all the young men in a village to go die in a war but she isn't going to kill some young punk just for being a jerk playboy. Beat him, embarrass him, lecture him and leave mental scars maybe but she won't kill someone if it isn't necessary.

Interesting thought occurred to me. How would Arturia treat Henrietta? On the one hand Henrietta nearly ruined a political alliance because of a letter and then ran away from her duties, going so far as to actually use her powers to protect someone she knew was dead. On the other hand a post-Shirou Arturia might acknowledge the pain of ruling and not being with the one you love.

Certis Baliano
April 23rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Just to unleash all kinds of insanity, I'd go for Zouken. When he was still young.

I support this idea!

Ace
April 23rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'd think that Rin would be perfect for the ZnT world, though undoubtedly she'd clash with Louise because of their similar personality.

I second this idea.

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Just summon the entire Grail War, all masters and servants included.

Ergast
April 23rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
It's a BL joke.

We were having a discussion on Berserker on the old site, and someone mentioned that he couldn't rip apart an elephant. The joke started from there.

Nowadays, we had proved that the elephants are the most powerful beings in the nasuverse, being Type Elephant (or BABAR) the strongest being, bar none. And only the turtles can withstand their attacks and manage a draw, because they have shells

About a ZnT/FSN... I agree that Saber would be funny. Her MR is pretty high as Arturia, and maybe it was boosted even further as a Saber. And she has a ton of magical energy. She just is unable, or very bad and left for imposible, to learn how to use magic except for the prana burst.

I doubt she would kill Guiche... but she would "kill" Guiche. Or at least lil'Guiche. With a prana bursted knee. To the bullseye.

But for Saber, I would make her the mind of god, instead of the left hand of god. She is already that good with weapons, so the Gandalfr would be just redundant. Now, the skill to manipulate any magical object... Now that would be useful for her

Grant
April 23rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
Just summon the entire Grail War, all masters and servants included.

They'd overshadow the ZnT cast too much (as often happens in large crossovers).

Nowadays, we had proved that the elephants are the most powerful beings in the nasuverse, being Type Elephant (or BABAR) the strongest being, bar none. And only the turtles can withstand their attacks and manage a draw, because they have shells

This must be written. Mostly because I loved those Babar books as a kid but also because a battle between Type Elephant and ORT would be epic.

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
You're not wrong but it all depends on the execution. If you focus on combat, the ZnT cast are only good for artillery unless you mess around a bit with canon.

Froggie
April 23rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
So, for a dash of silliness, would Prisma Illya count? The implications of a "magical girl" in the world of ZnT are amusing. While she has magical potential she is, for all intents and purposes, a commoner who can perform magic thanks to the aid of several magical artifacts.

And also, she's very cute!

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Hmm, Ayako, Issei, Makidera, Yukiko... pretty much any of the "normals" would probably do better than Saito, due to being, well... competent, and not hormonal idiots. At least if I remember descriptions of Saito correctly. Their individual personalities would twist the setting quite well on their own. At a guess, Ayako and Issei would probably do best. Seo Akira from Tsukihime would also have potential.

Most of the servants would wade through canon ZnT in their sleep, so there would have to be made... adjustments. Be they in narrative focus, or in general power.

Arcuied could be funny, in a sort of "can't stop watching the crash" sort of funny. The same of Altrouge or any of the Dead Apostles.

I might expand more on Kohaku in a little while.

For some reason, I want to see someone do this with Kotomine.

Personally, I think Ayako could work very well as a sort of alternative to Saito and a more "canon" ZnT, while any of the powerhouses would break the setting, necessitating a different approach. And Kotomine would just be hilarious.

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
What you said made me think this: rip Tohno Shiki away from whoever he is with and isolate him with Akira Seo. It's subheroine promotion.

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 10:02 AM
You want to submit poor sweet Akira-chan to Shiki's... questionable fetishes?

Well, it would be amusing. Especially how Akiha would deal with it, but my focus tends to be on non-romance stuff. I'd like to read it though.

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 10:05 AM
Shiki has fetishes? o.O Besides food, killing and vampires... I can't really think of any... he goes after all types of women doesn't he?

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Well, I was mostly looking for a charitable way to describe how he acts in bed. I suppose we could just call it liking it rough. Or something.

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Hmm... true that. Though in his defense, Vampires and Demons like it rough.

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
They do? I was under the impression most of them found it rather unpleasant. I don't think there really is a lot to say in his defence here other than... well, he's a nice guy the rest of the time.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Louise summons Kuzuki. Hilarity ensues.

Erlkonig
April 23rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Louise summons Kuzuki. Hilarity ensues.

"Do you want it rough or gentle?"

DreamsRequiem
April 23rd, 2011, 10:56 AM
He can do both. AT THE SAME TIME!

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 10:58 AM
He's not Sasaki.

OOH

OOH

Sasaki Kojiro is summoned as Louise's familiar. And he gets another life in which he has a chance to develop yet another fuckawesome technique.

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Stop killing the bird!

DreamsRequiem
April 23rd, 2011, 11:01 AM
THE BIRD IS A MURDERER! IT MUST PAY!

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
And because he's just that awesome, he beds all the female ZnT cast.

At the same time.

DreamsRequiem
April 23rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
.....Even the Red-Clay lady?

ItsaRandomUsername
April 23rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
For the LULZ/Bad End, I'd give Louise post-4th War Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh + Gandalfr = God-Tier OP so hard it's not even funny.

Halkegina is SO BONED. >=)

mangafreak7793
April 23rd, 2011, 11:22 AM
How about Kotomine?

What about my post Axteria, Bazett or Avenger idea?

Neir
April 23rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Fuck and shit. I had a whole big post about how Shinji would be able to overcome his inferiority complex when he realized that someone depended on him and it might work, but stupid phone lost it. Basically, once he realizes he's not a worthless sack of shit and thats people actually depend on him, he'll start to change back to the person he used to be. But he would have to meet Siesta later to avoid temptation.

Eveonder
April 23rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
He'd rape the maid before he realizes though barring intervention and a healthy dose of fear (i.e. he witnesses some commoner get beheaded).

Neir
April 23rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
He doesn't rape EVERYONE. Just Sakura (which I'm okay with [not really, Mike]), and one attempt on Rin. He's more like Guiche, buy I think that as Louise begins to rely on him (since he has the Gandalfr) he'll start to favor her and shape up.

But yeah, that's why I said he'd have to meet Siesta much later.

EnigmaticFellow
April 23rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
For the LULZ/Bad End, I'd give Louise post-4th War Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh + Gandalfr = God-Tier OP so hard it's not even funny.

Halkegina is SO BONED. >=)

I too would find this to be an amusing crack fic. Better yet, have someone else also summon Alexander. Gilgamesh would single-handily take over Halkegina while Alexander would be conquering Germania. Then, the two would decide to declare war on each other to stave off their boredom.

ItsaRandomUsername
April 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
I too would find this to be an amusing crack fic. Better yet, have someone else also summon Alexander. Gilgamesh would single-handily take over Halkegina while Alexander would be conquering Germania. Then, the two would decide to declare war on each other to stave off their boredom.

THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING! o___0

Scary...

EnigmaticFellow
April 23rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
i canz readz yous mindz.

But on a serious note,
I WOULD FUND THAT SHIT HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such bro-ness between two epic kings must be seen in written form.

Iucif3r
April 23rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
Wanna try a Gilgamesh with memory loss? Cos, I remember reading a manga where Rin manage to summon Gil without his memory. It would be nice to see Gil with memory loss being summon and be nice to somebody(Or at least trying to be nice).

Ergast
April 23rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
He doesn't rape EVERYONE. Just Sakura (which I'm okay with [not really, Mike]), and one attempt on Rin. He's more like Guiche, buy I think that as Louise begins to rely on him (since he has the Gandalfr) he'll start to favor her and shape up.

But yeah, that's why I said he'd have to meet Siesta much later.

Then there is the suspicion that he also raped Ayako. At the very least, Rider in HA is very... pasionate about Ayako, and if Rider was involved, almost sure Shinji also was.

About the characters... any character as strong or stronger, in combat, than Sakura (normal) would fuck pretty hard the setting when it comes to battles. If Sakura can use her magic more freely, having the Gandalfr would make her a monstruous magic fighter. Rin would be even worse for her enemies. Shirou we have seen in Hill of Swords (curbstomping everything while holding himself up). Shiki (both) would be the freaking god/dess of death with whatever they had in their hands, from a toothstick to a freaking magic sword, or even rocket launchers (what would do a rocket shooted at a point of death?), and I refuse to talk about Ciel tier or above. That break the setting so hard it isn't even funny if it isn't a crack fic.

About Gil vs Alexander after conquering Halkeginia and Germania respectively... FUND! THAT! SHIT! HARD!

ItsaRandomUsername
April 23rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Alexander also has Waver with him. For more manly broness.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 12:23 PM
How about Kotomine?
Dear god. Kotomine, given Gandalfr runes, equal to or above Command Spell boosts, set free to troll and shatter the ZnTverse.

Best thing is, he wouldn't be on Louise's side- he would completely wreck ZnT canon, turn Wales and Henrietta into sobbing wrecks, troll Kirche into becoming a celibate nun, teach Guiche the worst way to pick up women and tell him if it doesn't work, he's not trying hard enough, take over the kingdoms, install new laws that frustrate and annoy people, and at the very end, he'd probably be the final antagonist. It'd be the ultimate plot twist!

DreamsRequiem
April 23rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Dear god. Kotomine, given Gandalfr runes, equal to or above Command Spell boosts, set free to troll and shatter the ZnTverse.

Best thing is, he wouldn't be on Louise's side- he would completely wreck ZnT canon, turn Wales and Henrietta into sobbing wrecks, troll Kirche into becoming a celibate nun, teach Guiche the worst way to pick up women and tell him if it doesn't work, he's not trying hard enough, take over the kingdoms, install new laws that frustrate and annoy people, and at the very end, he'd probably be the final antagonist. It'd be the ultimate plot twist!

Dooo EEEEEETTTTTT. You know you want to, BL.

EnigmaticFellow
April 23rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Alexander also has Waver with him. For more manly broness.

If Waver is joining in on this, then so must Kotomine. He would take over Romalia and would serve as the third-party that goes out of the way to troll everyone. Oh yeah, he's still trying to get someone else to summon Angra Manyuu for the lulz.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
I'd write it myself, but I have absolutely no idea how.

Kotomine does Kirche better than she's ever been done, makes her orgasm half a dozen times, then refuses to do her every again, and feasts on her anguish as she practically begs him.

Now I've gotta see it done. KOTOMINE IDEA, UP FOR ADOPTION.

Gundam Meister
April 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
One few thing i hate about ZnT/Type-MOON Crossovers is that people remove Saito from the story one my ideas for a crossover is that during the familiar summoning Louise summons both Saito and Post Fate route Shirou

DreamsRequiem
April 23rd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Eh, not a bad idea. but you'd have to ignore/ rewrite so many magical systems with that...

Ergast
April 23rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Saito and Shirou at same time? A bit broken, isn't it?

bakapervert
April 23rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
I don't think it's a good idea for Saito to still get summoned when doing crossover like this.

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
The reason Saito doesn't get summoned in this type of fic (aside from a lot of people not really liking him) is that it's the easiest vehicle to carry the crossover. And Saito is apparently considered an acceptable casualty for that purpose.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Saito's a moron, the anime and source material are both lacking in character development, and putting someone with an actual personality in the story makes it a little bit better.

Honestly, the story of ZnT would've been better if they'd completely removed the fanservice, the harem hijinks and the idiot main characters.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
I'd say a Sasaki one would be nice.

MY MONEY, TAKE ALL OF IT!

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 01:59 PM
I'd do the Sasaki one too, but Derf = not an oversized katana, and his own weapon's pretty crappy for taking down golems, and generally fighting.

Amnesiac Gil is a pretty good idea, too. Regular Gil would slaughter, tear apart armies, gather harems and rule the world- which, whilst both awesome and fun, would get a bit tiring in terms of fight scenes, and there'd be practically no character development, cos anybody who could develop would be deader than dead.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 02:02 PM
Amnesiac gil would work, I think.

But it's a shame that Sasaki doesn't have a stupidly OP weapon like everyone else.

but Derf = not an oversized katana
I think the word your looking for is Nodachi.

Froggie
April 23rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Kogil?

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
NO.

Froggie
April 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Ok ;__;

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
Female Gil would work. Less overbearing, less arrogant, but no less awesome.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
WE NEED MANLY GIL.

Froggie
April 23rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Female Gil would work. Less overbearing, less arrogant, but no less awesome.

Was actually thinking of Shota Gil when I said that.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
I know, I took your idea and made it better.

Even better still if she goes ahead with the harem thing.

*Strokes imaginary beard*

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
How about Lancelot?

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
Other than fight scenes, insanely boring. He's a knight, the epitome of goodness, noble and blah-inducing.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
How about BESERKER!Lancelot?
The plane scene of ZnT would become much more awesome.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
Far more awesome, though he'd get crushed by the golems.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
I don't think he'd have a problem against golems.

ItsaRandomUsername
April 23rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
I demand that anmesiac Gilgamesh wrestle with Slyphid, only it then ends up with him complimenting Tabitha by saying "You must be truly powerful if you are able to bind such a noble creature to your will."

Gil: These nobles go around thinking they own the place. What fools, clearly everything belongs to me!

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
How about Gil and Enkidu?

Certis Baliano
April 23rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
I demand that anmesiac Gilgamesh wrestle with Slyphid, only it then ends up with him complimenting Tabitha by saying "You must be truly powerful if you are able to bind such a noble creature to your will."

Gil: These nobles go around thinking they own the place. What fools, clearly everything belongs to me!

And then Gil sticks Slyphid into GoB.

ItsaRandomUsername
April 23rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Dragon Accquired!

And the reason he WRASSLES with Slyphid is because he wrestled Enkidu, so it stands to reason that Gil would know a thing or two about strangleholds.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 02:32 PM
How about we make a ZnT crossover............WITH THE CGI DRAGON!

Fangstrike
April 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
He's not Sasaki.

OOH

OOH

Sasaki Kojiro is summoned as Louise's familiar. And he gets another life in which he has a chance to develop yet another fuckawesome technique.

I woke up and read through the thread. These two are the ones that stood out to me.

Poor Sasaki is an underutilized character. For some reason I really like him. Maybe its the fact he was badass enough to reach the level of Noble Phantasm through sheer skill in swordsmanship alone. Love to see him get even more badass by training his techniques and getting a new one. What the hell else is this guy gonna do in his spare time besides become more badass. Let's just assume it didn't take his whole life to master Tsubame Gaeshi.

And Kotomine. Damn, who wouldn't want the evil villain to be their loyal servant once? Key word being loyal. If Kotomine couldn't be loyal to Louise then I see this ending poorly.

Berserk Lancelot would scare the crap out of everyone when he is summoned. Even though he looks humanoid, they'll probably think he's some kind of demon swordsman or wraith upon initial meeting. I'd like to see somebody spout crap to Louise in this case.

meevanhelot
April 23rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Obviously vampire Shirou would be the ideal choice.

Goddamn it Certis now I can't look at your avatar without laughing.

Certis Baliano
April 23rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
Obviously vampire Shirou would be the ideal choice.

Goddamn it Certis now I can't look at your avatar without laughing.

I would love to see everyone's reactions after she summons Vamp!Shirou.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
Seeing one with Archer would be worth reading if it was done by Alf or Elf.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 03:06 PM
Poor Sasaki is an underutilized character. For some reason I really like him. Maybe its the fact he was badass enough to reach the level of Noble Phantasm through sheer skill in swordsmanship alone. Love to see him get even more badass by training his techniques and getting a new one. What the hell else is this guy gonna do in his spare time besides become more badass. Let's just assume it didn't take his whole life to master Tsubame Gaeshi.
Worst part is, he's gonna spend pretty much all his time just watching flowers, staring at the moon and practising swordplay. Actually... Hell, if he found a loophole in the universe that allows him to pretty much break reality, what's to stop him from finding another one that lets him pull off something even more insanely hax? Cutting several meters beyond the reach of his sword? Being able to use an ability similar to MEoDP, only not with his eyes? The ultimate blade that could cut through anything?

And Kotomine. Damn, who wouldn't want the evil villain to be their loyal servant once? Key word being loyal. If Kotomine couldn't be loyal to Louise then I see this ending poorly.Actually, I thought him not being the good guy would be a great twist to put on the story. Near the very end, Kotomine does the big reveal, and Louise realises she's summoned, quite possibly, the very worst villain, and then given him superhuman power. Even more than he had already.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Why not just give Sasaki an attack that would allow him to ignore Avalon while you're at it?

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Unless there's a bird in Avalon, you don't need to worry about that.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
I just realized something.
Sasaki wouldn't fair well against that giant.
You know, the black one that dwarfs mountains.

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Kotomine... I don't think Kotomine would become the villain. Rather, he would empower Louise herself to become the villain, and then at the very end reveal what she has become, to her utter horror.

Because that's way more Kotomine's style.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
I don't see how Kotomine would get past most of the battles though.

Erlkonig
April 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Kotomine... I don't think Kotomine would become the villain. Rather, he would empower Louise herself to become the villain, and then at the very end reveal what she has become, to her utter horror.

Because that's way more Kotomine's style.

He'd turn Louise into Angra Mainyu?

I don't see how Kotomine would get past most of the battles though.

Kotomine > Saito

Why wouldn't he?

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
He'd turn Louise into Angra Mainyu?

Except instead of all of the world's evil, it'd be all of the world's TSUN!

Kotomine > Saito

Why wouldn't he?

I just don't see him fighting without kung-fu or black-keys.
And most of the things Saito fought were Golems, undead, and some other things.
While I can see Kotomine kicking zombie ass, I don't see how he'd take down a golem.

mangafreak7793
April 23rd, 2011, 03:41 PM
^ via trolling

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
He doesn't need Derf, except to absorb spells and cut up golems- and even then, he could always dodge the spells and take out the golems' creators.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
If they were those small bronze golems then that's plausible
But if they're those giant ones, unless he runs up the fucking golem like a ninja, I don't see it happening.

Certis Baliano
April 23rd, 2011, 03:51 PM
Gandalfr gives him power as long as he has things that are meant to be used as weapons, right?

But for Kotomine, his fists are his weapons.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
If that's true then Saito's rune would always be glowing.

Certis Baliano
April 23rd, 2011, 03:54 PM

No, no. Saito doesn't know anything about fistfighting. But Kotomine's fists are strong weapons.

Erlkonig
April 23rd, 2011, 03:54 PM

Kotomine, not Saito. Remember that Kotomine's fists are like cars hitting you.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 03:57 PM
Kotomine beat body of swords Shirou into a pulp. I think he's perfectly all right to have his hands (and legs) classified as weapons.

But maybe they only glow when he's actually getting ready for battle.

And yeah, he probably could climb the golems- regular Kotomine hits 50km/h without breaking a sweat. Galdalfr Kotomine should be jumping small buildings pretty easily.

Certis Baliano
April 23rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
Now I imagine Shadow of the Colossus... only with Kotomine.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Talking about Kotomine has made me really want to see how it would actually play out.
From the trolling to the badassery.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
That would be awesome. Imagine him taking on that Jormugand thing, climbing up it and repeatedly stabbing it in the face till it dies.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 04:05 PM
I'd prefer him kicking him to death.
Not unlike his very annoying kick from Fate/Unlimited codes.

YOU ARE KNOW IMAGINING HIM JUGGLING MOST OF HIS ENEMIES WITH NONSTOP KICKS WHILE HE PUTS ON HIS COOL FACE.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 04:06 PM
It turns out that Derflinger can change shape to practically any weapon.

Kotomine gains a pair of fucking awesome gauntlets and steel boots and permanent Command Spell boost.

THE WORLD IS FUCKED.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
It turns out that Derflinger can change shape to practically any weapon.

Kotomine gains a pair of fucking awesome gauntlets and steel boots and permanent Command Spell boost.

THE WORLD IS FUCKED.

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/Aelita59/Random%20Has%20Hell/trolltomine.gif

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
I'll photoshop Saber's gauntlets onto him once I get back.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
You deserve all of my money.

ItsaRandomUsername
April 23rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
Not Type-MOON, but I would be greatly amused if Louise summoned Ciaphas Cain and his assitant Jurgen as a Gandalfr duo. And instead of an airplane it's a BANEBLADE (logic behind this would be that the ZnT-setting is actually a feudal world that has not been in contact with the rest of the Imperium for eons.)

[/carry on as you were]

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Fascinating. So who is actually interested in writing some of these?

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 07:25 PM
I don't think any will be written.
I'd do the Kotomine one if I had any skill and if I knew his personality and could emulate it to a T.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
You're welcome to give it a shot. I'm available for assistance, if need be

Usandru
Well, like I mentioned earlier, I'd be interested, but unfortunately, I have no time until in about two months. I might try something then, be it a collaboration or something on my own. Depends on what fic I think I can write to a finish the easiest.

The Kohaku thing appeals to me a lot. Ayako would be a close second.

Lotus Saint
Ah, nono.
I have absolutely no skill in writing fanfics. ;A;
I can come up with a base, but that's all I can do.

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
You don't learn without doing.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
I'm not in a position to take another project fully on myself at this time. I can work a collab, possibly, or act as a reference, but...at one point, I have to know my limits.

Ace
April 23rd, 2011, 07:31 PM
Ah, nono.
I have absolutely no skill in writing fanfics. ;A;
I can come up with a base, but that's all I can do.

You don't need skill to write fanfiction! /self deprecation

Lotus Saint
You don't learn without doing.

It's also a little bit of fear.
And the fact that I can only think of oneshots 9/10 of the time.

Erlkonig
I won't be able to write one, since after writing MVS I think I'm going to want to write a Ranceverse crossover...

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Well, Alfheim mentioned he wouldn't mind looking it over, and I'm willing to bounce ideas as well, and can do basic criticism. If you feel up to it, there really isn't anything to do but give it a try and know that you have a good support network to help you out when it gets rough. Or just never write anything ever, of course, but that isn't near as much fun.

eddyak
April 23rd, 2011, 07:35 PM
*Is tempted to start up a sort of storytelling/Roleplay-type fic, with half a dozen people working on it*

Seriously, who wouldn't wanna see Archer in one corner, Gil in another, Kotomine in yet another, and... who else? Rider? Medea? Hell, bring the Holy Grail War into the ZnTverse, and we'll see if we can't make an awesome fic.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
I'd attempt this if I had more experience.
I do have a lot of free time on my hands though.
But if you need ideas I can be of some help.

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Well, right there is the catch-22 of writing. You gain experience of writing, by writing difficult things. Better to throw yourself into a difficult project, shared perhaps initially with only a few proofreaders and collaborators, and grow better, than to postpone the whole thing for some indeterminable "later". The choice is entirely yours of course, but if you want to write, don't let constraints like that hinder you.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
I prefer working my way up.
I never really liked doing the other way.

Usandru
April 23rd, 2011, 07:53 PM
Again, I don't see how you can work your way up to writing good things without trying to write good things and ending up with crappy things first, but you know yourself best. Pity, because I'd have liked to see it done, especially given I don't have the time to do it myself.

Lotus Saint
April 23rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Even if I was gonna attempt it, it would take a grand while before I actually started it.
I would need to know EVERYONE'S personality and character to a T.
I'd need to figure out every scenario and how it'd work out.
And I'd need to do it while trying not to get sidetracked.

I thank you for your encouragement though.

And the Gilgamesh one would be somewhat easier to write as his personality and character are easier to understand for me.
He's a dick, he's powerful, and he's arrogant.

alfheimwanderer
April 23rd, 2011, 11:57 PM
Well, if you'd like, then write the Gilgamesh one :cool:

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I will think about it.
Of course, it'd be my first fic so I will probably mess up a lot.

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Gilgamesh will be all LOLMongrels when he sees that just because they can use magic and pretty shit they were born with makes the Nobles think they are superior to the peasants.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Gilgamesh will be all LOLMongrels when he sees that just because they can use magic and pretty shit they were born with makes the Nobles think they are superior to the peasants.

Question is, what will make Gil want to serve Luise?
Bordem?
For shits and giggles?
Because he wants to prove that he's better than any other familiar EVER?!

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Question is, what will make Gil want to serve Luise?
Bordem?
For shits and giggles?
Because he wants to prove that he's better than any other familiar EVER?!

Because everyone laughed at Louise, and since Gilgamesh probably has something on his vault which allows him to know every language, he's going to get miffed at how they're underestimating him and prove how the ORIGINAL Servant is much better than those other 'familiars'. Also, Guiche's valkyries will be absolutely CRUSHED by GoB.

eddyak
April 24th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Who said he'd have to serve her? You don't really have to follow ZnT canon.

I'd say they all recognise him to be nobility, or royalty of some kind, he realises he's in a strange land (which, btw, he wouldn't think is naturally his because it's not Earth), hear about the nobles trying to overthrow royalty and cap sum niggas.

"Mongrels, to think you'd try to overthrow royalty... Your arrogance knows no bounds!" *swordrain*

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Guiche: FEAR MY BEAUTIFUL BRONZE GOLEMS!
Gil:*GoB*
*9/10 of the school is destroyed in the resulting explosions*
*gil pulls a slushy out of his GoB and takes a sip*
Gil: Today was a good day.

alfheimwanderer
April 24th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Or you could have Gil "working for" Joseph, gaining a mastery of all magical artifacts and trying to conquer the world. And what are NPs, but magical artifacts?

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Or you could have Gil "working for" Joseph, gaining a mastery of all magical artifacts and trying to conquer the world. And what are NPs, but magical artifacts?
They're also weapons.
with the exception of his airship.

So he could go either way.

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Nah, that bastard Joseph is way too megalomaniacal. He doesn't have any redeeming qualities, unlike Gilgamesh.

eddyak
April 24th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Guiche: FEAR MY BEAUTIFUL BRONZE GOLEMS!
*Gil looks bored, and suddenly a massive gold golem walks out of thin air behind him, grabs one golem and uses it to smash the others into the ground*
Gil: Problem?

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Gilgamesh's slushy cup is made of solid gold.
And it's in the shape of himself, while flexing his muscles.

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Gilgamesh's slushy cup is made of solid gold.
And it's in the shape of himself, while flexing his muscles.
You know what? He doesn't even need GoB or gold golems to beat Guiche's golems. He'd just use the slushy cup to beat them into submission.

Eveonder
April 24th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Why did this become a Gil thread? Even his fanclub doesn't love him that much.

eddyak
April 24th, 2011, 12:17 AM
He'd surely defeat them with the power of sheer awesome.

He'd just stand there and pose at them, his golden armour shining with FABULOUSness, and they'd all be vaporised.

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Why did this become a Gil thread? Even his fanclub doesn't love him that much.

You bastard! Take that back!

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Well, if I actually did write it, I would have to face the biggest problem of all.
Would I make this serious, or not?

alfheimwanderer
April 24th, 2011, 12:21 AM
That's for you to decide

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Hmmm.
Do something serious, make Gil badass as fuck?
Or make him do crazy shenanigans, like a boss?

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Well, if I actually did write it, I would have to face the biggest problem of all.
Would I make this serious, or not?

If you make it serious, then Gilgamesh would have to be severely nerfed. You can't write Gilgamesh and expect no comedy. Because it'd just be pure curbstomping!

mangafreak7793
April 24th, 2011, 12:23 AM
All these gill posts is making me want to write a poem about it.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:23 AM
All these gill posts is making me want to write a poem about it.

OHOHOHO~

eddyak
April 24th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Not too grimdark-serious, but if you went with regular gil, expect him to have to sentence a main character to death for daring to dirty his pride every few days.

Amnesiac Gil would be a little better, cos whilst he'd have pride and such, he wouldn't be all "lol mongrels", and wouldn't immediately solve every problem with twelve hundred bits of steel flying at Mach 1. Also, he wouldn't have knowledge of Vimana or Ea, which easily ruin anyone's day.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Not too grimdark-serious, but if you went with regular gil, expect him to have to sentence a main character to death for daring to dirty his pride every few days.

Amnesiac Gil would be a little better, cos whilst he'd have pride and such, he wouldn't be all "lol mongrels", and wouldn't immediately solve every problem with twelve hundred bits of steel flying at Mach 1. Also, he wouldn't have knowledge of Vimana or Ea, which would easily ruin anyone's day.

GIL: Behold, my true power!
*Vimana flies out of GoB and transforms into a colossal gundam*

Eveonder
April 24th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Vimana with its ancient atomic bombs could level all of ZnTverse.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Other than fight scenes, insanely boring. He's a knight, the epitome of goodness, noble and blah-inducing.

You are dead to me.

Lancelot is a flawed character, or do you not remember Guin? I think he'd have a redemption thing going on, looking at Louise as a new "king" to serve, but only if she can prove herself worth serving.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Or Lancelot can go on a blood orgy while singing christmas carols.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 12:35 AM
You mean as Zerker?

But that wouldn't be his class. And now that I think about it, Lancelot is a black knight wielding a demonic sword. He's going to be fucking scary anyway you look at him.

He's also pretty damn big. Does anyone have any idea how tall he is?

Also, I'd like to fund the Iskander, Sasaki, and Kuzuki ideas.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:36 AM
You mean as Zerker?

But that wouldn't be his class. And now that I think about it, Lancelot is a black knight wielding a demonic sword. He's going to be fucking scary anyway you look at him.

He's also pretty damn big. Does anyone have any idea how tall he is?

Also, I'd like to fund the Iskander, Sasaki, and Kuzuki ideas.

Exactly the point.
Who would laugh at the girl who's name escapes me at the moment?

And I'd guess he's 6'4"?

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Exactly the point.
Who would laugh at the girl who's name escapes me at the moment?

And I'd guess he's 6'4"?

Lol.

Lousie: *Summons*
*There is a flash of light, and Lancelot falls on one knee to the ground with a thud, standing up mightily in his full armoured glory and with Arondight crackling with power on his right hand*
Lancelot: I ASK OF THOU, ART THOU MINE MASTER?
Everyone else: *Too shocked to reply*

mangafreak7793
April 24th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Just made a poem about Gil. It's pretty bad.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 12:41 AM
I'd go a bit higher than that, but I've never seen him side-by-side with another character.

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 12:42 AM
I was sold the moment you talked about him buying cake. Weird thing is, it sort of fits with him. The guy is practically swimming in cash, why won't he buy you a damn cake?

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:42 AM
He's apparently 191 cm.
I AM TALLER THAN LANCELOT AND HIS 6'3".

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Lol.

Lousie: *Summons*
*There is a flash of light, and Lancelot falls on one knee to the ground with a thud, standing up mightily in his full armoured glory and with Arondight crackling with power on his right hand*
Lancelot: I ASK OF THOU, ART THOU MINE MASTER?
Everyone else: *Too shocked to reply*

@ Erl: I love you. Be mine?

http://www.ilovethesmokymountains.com/images/marry_me_now_000.jpg

@ Lotus: Thank ye! :3

mangafreak7793
April 24th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I was sold the moment you talked about him buying cake. Weird thing is, it sort of fits with him. The guy is practically swimming in cash, why won't he buy you a damn cake?

Thanks for your response.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:45 AM
The poem made me chuckle.

mangafreak7793
April 24th, 2011, 12:46 AM
The poem made me chuckle.

With the material you gave me. I find it hard not it to be.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 12:48 AM
What? Manga-kun, those lessons get closer and closer every time we have a conversation.

mangafreak7793
April 24th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I'm sorry.

It was the spur of the moment.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 12:50 AM
But you are improving! :D

You're using punctuation and capitalization now!

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Speaking of Lancelot, what is his sword's power?
All I know is that it's equal to Excalibur and that it has a slayer effect against dragons.

mangafreak7793
April 24th, 2011, 12:51 AM
But you are improving! :D

You're using punctuation and capitalization now!

Thank you.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Thank you.

Bah! I didn't do anything! It's enough to see your improvements, it warms my big bear heart.

@ Lotus: There have been pages and pages of argument over that. The best I can give you is to leave it up to the author.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Bah! I didn't do anything! It's enough to see your improvements, it warms my big bear heart.

@ Lotus: There have been pages and pages of argument over that. The best I can give you is to leave it up to the author.

His sword turns into a guitar and Lancelot rapes his enemies, with the power of ROCK.

mangafreak7793
April 24th, 2011, 01:00 AM

No, the fact you haven't used your big bear claws on me by now is what I should be thankful for.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:01 AM
His sword turns into a guitar and Lancelot rapes his enemies, with the power of ROCK.

YES! FUND IT HARD!

Except, make it a trumpet while he plays a Louis Armstrong song. ;D

@ Manga: You never have to worry about that! ;3

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:01 AM
No, the fact you haven't used your big bear claws on me by now is what I should be thankful for.

Theo was declawed by the government.

YES! FUND IT HARD!

Except, make it an trumpet while he plays a Louis Armstrong song. ;D

I don't know, I want Lancelot to play a guitar solo so badass that he preforms the second magic through sheer GARness.

mangafreak7793
April 24th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Theo was declawed by the government..

Screw the government he's a bear.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Screw the government he's a bear.

Being a bear didn't protect him from the evil known as PROBOARDS.

You see,
LOOOOOOOOOOONG AGO IN A DISTANT FORUM
THEO, THE AWESOME MASTER OF BEARS UNLEASHED SHEER AWESOMENESS
BUT AN EVIL KNOWN AS PROBOARDS STEPPED FORWARD TO OPPOSE HIM
BEFORE PROBOARDS STRUCK THE FINAL BLOW, HE CAME UP WITH AN IDEA
FOLLOWING THAT IDEA, HE RIPPED OUT THEO'S CLAWS AND LEFT HIM IN AN UNBEARABLE STATE.
NOW THEO SEEKS TO RETURN THE FAVOR, AND UNDO THE EVIL THAT IS PROBOARDS!

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Okay, that does sound pretty awesome.

AND NO, I WAS NOT! >:0

PROBOARDS CAN'T HANDLE THIS BEAR!

mangafreak7793
April 24th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Okay, that does sound pretty awesome.

AND NO, I WAS NOT! >:0

PROBOARDS CAN'T HANDLE THIS BEAR!

Neither can the government.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:08 AM
You see,
LOOOOOOOOOOONG AGO IN A DISTANT FORUM
THEO, THE AWESOME MASTER OF BEARS UNLEADHED SHEER AWESOMENESS
BUT AN EVIL KNOWN AS PROBOARDS STEPPED FORWARD TO OPPOSE HIM

lulz

You have redeemed yourself.

Damn right, Manga-kun!

ItsaRandomUsername
April 24th, 2011, 01:08 AM
What if Louise summoned Mr. Proboards?

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:10 AM
What if Louise summoned Mr. Proboards?

Then we'd make it where his life is worse than Shinji's.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:10 AM
He'd keep her locked up in bubble wrap 'cuz he's no fun. And he'd hiss menacingly at Kirche whenever she got near him.

This would come out of his mouth: ADULT CONTENT BAAD! D:<

mangafreak7793
April 24th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Or Lio for that matter.

For some reason I find him way more irritating then Shinji.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2hdmu03.jpg

I think this would happen.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:16 AM
*gil pulled out enkidu and made it trap PROBOARDS*
Gil: you know what's going to happen now.
PB: Heh, like I'm scarred of you.
Gil: Oh, it isn't me that you should be afraid of. It's him.
*gil backed off a bit and berserker suddenly sprang into existence with a POMF*
PB:*defecates pants*

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Hm ....

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:21 AM
How the rest goes is up to your imagination.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:24 AM
He dies horribly?

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:25 AM
He dies horribly?

Not exactly.
Gil force feeds him a limited immortality elixir.
PB suffers a fate worse than being Shinji.
and an anal prolapse of ungodly proportions

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:36 AM
lulz

ItsaRandomUsername
What if Louise summoned Rin....on stilts?

Lotus Saint
And it isn't cause by Berserker's penis.
It's cause by his Ax-club.

She'd have a new way of crossing lakes.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:37 AM

She'd be unstoppable!

@ Lotus: Ouch.

Eveonder
April 24th, 2011, 01:37 AM
I don't need those details, it's disturbing enough as is. Berserker is soiled D=

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:38 AM
I don't need those details, it's disturbing enough as is. Berserker is soiled D=

No, his ax-club is.
And the thing is, PB can't die.
So he feels every single bit of pain.
He can't even go unconscious because of the elixir.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:44 AM
That's pretty wrong. I love it!

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:45 AM
That's pretty wrong. I love it!

Of course you'd love it!
After all, he did rip your claws out with pliers.
At least you still got your fangs.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:46 AM
WHAT?! HE DID NOT! D:

I still had you guys fooled with my disguise on PB!

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:48 AM
WHAT?! HE DID NOT! D:

I still had you guys fooled with my disguise on PB!

Then who's claws did he rip out?
WHO WAS BEAR?!

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I-I dunno!

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:54 AM
THERE WAS A STRAY BEAR AND YOU DIDN'T KNOW!?

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Am I the bear's keeper!?

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:56 AM
No, but as a Bear Bishop, you have an ability that allows you to detect other bears.
Or did you get the Summon Bear skill instead, like an idiot?

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 02:08 AM
? Why would I need the summon bear skill? I am a bear! Yeah, I can detect them, but my range isn't infinite!

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 02:10 AM
? Why would I need the summon bear skill? I am a bear! Yeah, I can detect them, but my range isn't infinite!

Then you went with the right skill tree.
Summoning is just horrible.
And in the tree you're in you'll get to maul people with fiery bear claws.

Neir
April 24th, 2011, 02:12 AM
I like where this is going.

eddyak
April 24th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Speaking of Lancelot, what is his sword's power?
All I know is that it's equal to Excalibur and that it has a slayer effect against dragons.
+1 rank to all stats.

Hermitfold
April 24th, 2011, 08:22 AM
And an increase in saving throws too, right?

meevanhelot
April 24th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Plus dragons is a surprisingly broad category.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Why am I picturing Lancelot as a LARPer now?

ItsaRandomUsername
April 24th, 2011, 11:10 AM
What if Louise summoned a LARPer?

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 11:12 AM
LARPer: SAVING THROW! SAVING THROW! NATURAL 20!
it'd be worse if the Larper she summoned was Red Mage.

ringlhach
April 24th, 2011, 11:19 AM
... I'm imagining MindofGod!RM now. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 11:26 AM
... I'm imagining MindofGod!RM now. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

It's a good thing.
For now he has a new class to tinker with.

Neir
April 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!

Alternatively:

"I ask of you, are you my DM?"

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Little late to make that comment Neir.

Neir
April 24th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Shush, you. I get here when I get here.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I think RM would be OP, TBH.
He is capable of beating anyone.

ringlhach
April 24th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Only if he actually can change his stats; I dont' remember it working in 8BT. If he can't, then he's just extremely annoying, and may eventually find his way to occasional competence.

ItsaRandomUsername
April 24th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Everyone bullshits their way through life in 8bit-theater. Whether or not his stats were false or not matters not.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Louise and the gang: Where are we?
RM: Inside of my A-hole!

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 03:08 PM
What if Louise summoned a few fakers! Assassin, Archer, and Shirou!

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Tsubame Gaeshi would overwhelm every swordsman ever. Also, Assassin as a wraith cannot move away from Louise. Hilarity ensues.

eddyak
April 24th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Tsubame Gaeshi would overwhelm every swordsman ever.
Unless they had two swords.

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Unless they had two swords.

Three, you mean. Remember that the full Tsubame Gaeshi is made up of three slashes, not two.

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 03:44 PM
But Erl-kun didn't say anything about the other two!!!

Erlkonig
April 24th, 2011, 03:46 PM
But Erl-kun didn't say anything about the other two!!!

Archer would continuously try to kill the enemies of Louise, while Shirou would keep GARblocking him.

eddyak
April 24th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Three, you mean. Remember that the full Tsubame Gaeshi is made up of three slashes, not two.
If both swords are long enough, you can just cross them over your head and block all three.

Froggie
April 24th, 2011, 06:29 PM
This is my first time attempting to write anything resembling fanfiction. This was written on a whim, and has not been spell checked. Furthermore, english is not my native language, it is my second, so there are quite likely some odd turns of phrase and grammatical errors, particularly where punctuation and contractions are concerned.

That being said, this was a fun exercise. I have not written anything since highschool, well over a decade ago.

Finally, this will NOT be continued. The idea would not leave me alone and I needed to write something, but I do not have the time, motivation nor the knowledge of the related fandoms to write more than this snippet.

That being said, here we go:

"Just you wait and see!" she had shouted hotly at them, "I will summon the greatest familiar of all! A being sacred, beautiful, strong and peerless to be my servant!"

Lying in her bed the previous night, she had regretted those words. She had regretted them dearly as she tossed and turned in bed, haunted by the nightmares of her constant failures and the further humiliation that her empty boast would no doubt heap upon her. Every spell she had ever cast had ended in failure. Why should this time be any different? What happens to a mage that cannot summon a familiar? She did not know and the thought made it so she could do nothing but tremble in her sheets and sob against her pillow.

"They'll laugh at me," she tought morosely, "They'll mock me worse than ever before, belittle me, and maybe even expel me." Her thoughts had continued their dark path, robbing her of her sleep and rest until she could stand them no longer. It was at this point, when she was on the verge of tears that she had jerked upright, and clambered out of bed, her decision made.

"I'll go to the library," Louise had decided, "I'll review the spell. I'll commit every word, every nuance, and every flick of the wand to memory. I cannot afford to fail, not again."

She had dressed herself in her uniform and cape, lit a candle, and silently traversed the empty stone hallways of the castle into the desolate library. She had poured over the books on familiar and summoning lore until she had found one book that she had not seen before, tucked in the back of a shelf, fallen behind two other tomes. Curiously she had pulled it free from its spot and read through its pages. It detailed a summoning spell, not the traditional one, but a summoning spell none the less. And here her eyes had widened at what she read.

"This... this is it!" she crowed happily to herself as she ran through the hallways back to her room, tome clutched tightly against her chest. She had spent the rest of the night studying the tome fervently and so we arrive at our current situation.

The Spring-time Familiar Summoning Ritual.

Standing outside the castle proper, on the empty fields leading up to the school, the rest of the second year class had already summoned their familiar spirit, their inseparable life servants. The other students had an array of animals both mundane and occasionally fantastic. Owls and cats and dogs and parrots and a bugbear, an unicorn, a cockatrice, a salamander and a dragon. All had summoned, except for one. Louise Francaise La Blanc de La Valliere had nervously tittered on the edge of the crowd without attempting her spell until she was called out by her eternal nemesis, Kirche.

"Well," the germanian noble had taunted haughtily as she crooned over her familiar, "think you can summon something greater than this boy?" She patted her salamander on its back and the reptile croaked happily, the flame at the tip of its tail burning brighter for a moment.

"Easily," she had replied with a confidence she did not really feel. She knew the spell by memory now, but would it work at all? It was not the traditional summoning, she knew, but would this unusual spell really be enough to help her gain even a shred of respect her from her peers? She shook her head, banishing these thoughts, and stepped forward, without deigning to give the other girl a look. She schooled her face into a cold mask. She took a deep breath. Then she kneeled and, with the tip of her wand, began to draw on the ground. The crowd of students and the overseeing professor, Mr. Colbert, stared at her dumbfounded.

"Uh... Miss Valliere," the professor had been the first one to unsettle the uneasy silence that had overcome the crowd by posing the question in everybodies mind, "what, pray tell, are you doing?"

"Summoning," she had replied without lifting her eyes from her task. Satisfied with her circle and runes, she had clasped her hands in prayer, her wand held tightly between her hands, and spoke in a voice too low for others to hear. Her incantation completed, she raised her wand high above her kneeling body and then lowered it one swift motion.

And the world exploded.

This was a common occurance when Lousie attempted to cast any spell, but this time the explosion was enough to dwarf all her previous ones. Rocks and dust flew every where, pelting the other students as they cried out it equal measures annoyance and fear. A thick black smoke hung low at the site of detonation, lazily dispersing itself into the air. And of the summon circle that Louise had inscribed only a charred looking crater remained.

An empty crater.

Louise felt like she could die. If she hadn't already been knocked flat on her rump from the explosion, she would've no doubt fallen to her knees in despair at her failure. "Holy Founder," she thought dejectedly, "strike me down so as not live with this humiliation."

Lightning struck, much to Lousie's terror. A bolt of lightning, from the clear skies, struck the place where her circle used to be blinding everyone. The resulting crack of thunder that followed startled everyone as they sought to protect their ears. Another bolt of lightning, and another. Louise had no doubt in her mind that if she could see her own face she would find that her eyes would be wide with abject horror. After five strikes, the lightning stopped and the last resounding clap of thunder was quickly fading from everyones ears. It was silent again, as if none dared to breath. Quickly the vision of the crowd began to adjust and in this silence they heard the crunch of earth being displaced as something moved in the uneven soil of the crater.

Their vision finally cleared, and the last of the smoke dissipated, they all saw just what Louise had called forth with her unusual spell.

She had summoned a human.

The person stood there immobile, her gauntlet wearing hands resting on the pommel of a sword stuck in the uneven soil of the crater. Were others were covered in dark soot and dust, she stood pristine and immaculate, untouched by the spells devastation. She was of slight stature, perhaps an inch or two taller than Louise herself, perhaps not. The swordswoman was wearing armor consisting of a breastplate, gauntlets, greaves and plates attached to a billowing skirt of a deep blue. The armour gleamed like silver in the light of the sun, and all could easily see that it was intricately embossed with several deep blue runes on the breastplate. The sword shone with a golden sheen and it too was intricately enameled and runed. Her hair was the color of gold and it framed her beautiful alabaster face prettily, tied up in an elaborate braided bun at the back of her head. The girls, no, the knights, eyes were a bright green that shone like emeralds. All of these characteristics were striking and imposing. Such elegance and perfection was like watching a legend of the Founders time standing amongst them; a heroine from an age gone six thousand years.

But the most amazing thing about the short girl was not her beauty, nor her armor, nor her sword, nor her deep blue dress, nor her cold yet beautiful eyes.

It was the power of her pressence, her very bearing. Though all those gathered for the summoning ritual were nobles, none of the young students had mastered the art of command, the capacity to rule. They were, afterall, school children who did not yet have to deal with the intricacies of their inherited title and power. Their parents ran the family estates, afterall. It would be decades still before any of them could actually enforce their claim to nobility. However, they all could tell from the way the stranger held herself: here was someone who bore the mantle of nobility like a second skin. Someone used to giving orders and being obeyed, sometimes with nothing more than a cold glance or a single word. Struggling to define this characteristic, more than one young mind arrived at the same word to describe the stranger: regal.

They were standing in the presence of royalty.

Louise had summoned a warrior queen from out of legend.

The queens cold emerald eyes slowly ran over those assembled before her, taking in their features, their dress and, most importantly in the thoughts of some, their unkempt state. With a startled squack, more than one student fell to one knee as her eyes locked with theirs while others attempted to dust themselves off in an attempt to regain a measure of dignity in the presence of royalty. Many lowered their heads, unable to meet that piercing emerald gaze.

Finally, her eyes locked with Louise and she felt herself freeze, transfixed by the cold green eyes. She felt herself naked in the presence of that penetrating gaze. Sweat was pouring down her brow and her breathing was ragged. She wanted to do nothing more than look away and hide in shame, but the queens gaze would not let her move. She was paralized, she realized, by her sheer force of presence. Her thoughts, however, were racing frantically.

"I am going to be executed," she thought desperately, "My stupid spell summoned a queen and I'm going to get killed for overstepping my bounds."

After what seemed like an eternity of being frozen in place by the queens unrelenting eyes, the spell was finally broken as she nodded her head. She seemed to have to arrived at a decision. It was time to pass sentence and Louise despaired at the thought. The queen did not seem to notice the young noble girls increasing distress as she spoke, in a voice that somehow managed to be both melodic and dispassionate, and said:

"Upon your summoning, I have come forth. I ask of you: are you my Master?"

Louise blinked. Her mind tried to process what she had just heard and failed. She tried again and achieved better results the second time. This warrior, this queen, was agreeing to become her familiar? She was asking for her to acknowledge her as her master? The crowd arrived at this same conclusion and more than one person gaped openly at this development as Louise froze again and did not reply. This seemed to displease the warrior queen as her exquisite features reflected a small measure of annoyance. Again, she repeated the same words:

"Upon your summoning, I have come forth. I ask of you: are you my Master?"

Louise fainted.

hbomb
April 24th, 2011, 06:34 PM
awesome and it is a good idea not to continue this

Theocrass
April 24th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Archer would continuously try to kill the enemies of Louise, while Shirou would keep GARblocking him.

lulz

@ Froggie: You're awesome bra.

Lotus Saint
April 24th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Quite well done, froggie.