PDA

View Full Version : Shirou vs. Shiki - Who is the better Protagonist?

bahamut zero
November 1st, 2013, 10:21 PM
Based on things like character depth, behaviour,importance for the story, looks, powers, etc. whatever comes to mind.

Milbunk
November 1st, 2013, 11:21 PM
Careful now I know having a lot of polls is a good idea for a poll forum but if you spam them too much then you'll just burn all the ideas out and leave us with a barren wasteland. I recommend that you at least put it off to about one per day else you'll just run out of ideas fairly fast. (Tis why I keep a backlog of polls handy.)

Anyway as for the poll I'm going to go with Shirou at least until the remake comes out then I may change that answer.

eddyak
November 1st, 2013, 11:26 PM
Last I checked, the internet was an idea-capitalist nation. He most certainly can hoard ideas, not share them like those dirty internet idea-commies.

TypeWannabe
November 1st, 2013, 11:38 PM
Speaking of which, how's that Mahoyo patch comin' along you guys.

Tobias
November 1st, 2013, 11:57 PM
Careful now I know having a lot of polls is a good idea for a poll forum but if you spam them too much then you'll just burn all the ideas out and leave us with a barren wasteland. I recommend that you at least put it off to about one per day else you'll just run out of ideas fairly fast. (Tis why I keep a backlog of polls handy.)

Anyway as for the poll I'm going to go with Shirou at least until the remake comes out then I may change that answer.

whats really funny is the recent spamming hasnt done much to convince us that a poll forum is needed, but it does make a pretty good case for preventing any poll from being made not on the random polls sub forum. if that doesnt sound fun, you might want to rethink your strategy.

Neir
November 1st, 2013, 11:58 PM
toby please do that ban polls

Milbunk
November 2nd, 2013, 12:18 AM
I can only do so much myself, it's also up to the other BLer's if they really want a poll subforum.

That's why rather then bringing the next 7 polls I had on my list I decided to slow things down with only one a week. I'm also prepping for my next conversation with DP cause if there is anyone I should talk to, it's him.

Also my poll is showing that at least a majority of people want one, though I now need to gather more attention with it.

LJ3
November 2nd, 2013, 12:23 AM
whats really funny is the recent spamming hasnt done much to convince us that a poll forum is needed, but it does make a pretty good case for preventing any poll from being made not on the random polls sub forum. if that doesnt sound fun, you might want to rethink your strategy.

Is creating a poll subsection of GD too much work for the admins and mods?
And no, I don't support poll spamming.

Oblivion
November 2nd, 2013, 12:50 AM
Shiki, tough he doesn't seem that good to me. Mostly because I hate Shirou I think.

Arha
November 2nd, 2013, 12:53 AM
Shirou has a personality and a story to tell. Shiki doesn't have a story, he has events to wander through and only seems to actually be a real character around Arcueid or when murdering people. So I'm going with Shirou.

RacingeR
November 2nd, 2013, 01:30 AM
Shirou by far. He has a lot more personality than Shiki, and I find him more entertaining in at least 2 of the routes.

CompositeGNFNR
November 2nd, 2013, 01:54 AM
Shiki, because far side insanity.

Huitante
November 2nd, 2013, 03:08 AM
They are working on the installer right now, that's why the patch is at a halt.
Installer? Is it even necessary thing to do instead of a text file with instruction where to put the patch file? Installation of the game itself with non-japanese locale is already not the most trivial thing, so I can imagine those who managed it would have enough experience to perform such a difficult operation as copying a file into a folder.

However, it's good that at least something is getting done and the project is not completely stopped.

Siriel
November 2nd, 2013, 03:25 AM
"Working on the installer" is just a recurring joke.

Huitante
November 2nd, 2013, 03:38 AM
Ahaha, it's just too cruel. For a moment I actually thought that Saber-kun indeed could possibly be a Commie dev who arrived to reassure those who wait for Mahoyo translation. Strange, it's not yet time to be that desperate.

Daiki
November 2nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
Shiki.

For the T-shirt.

Nihilm
November 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Shiki had a more interesting personal story with the insanity and all, but I felt Shiki was too much of a blank slate personality wise, while Shirou actually had a distinct personality, even if Shirou's personality was annoying at times.

Break
November 2nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
What about Hakuno?

Orange
November 2nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Shiki any day of the week.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the fact that I prefer a blank personality to an irritating one.

Daiki
November 2nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
What about Hakuno?

They sure can appreciate feminine curves. That's about it though.

Dartz
November 2nd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Voted Shiki to break the tie.

Mcjon01
November 2nd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Don't lump Milbunk in with those other fakers. He doesn't have an agenda, merely a pure, burning love for polls.

Kat
November 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Shirou of course, that guy has actually a personality!

Nihilm
November 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
The one with the origin of polls has no ulterior motives to make them.

eddyak
November 2nd, 2013, 12:49 PM
It's annoying that, despite how Shiki runs around the city with Arihiko every night, making trouble, chatting with random serial killers and whatnot, Nasu doesn't even bother to show us any of that. We get Fate cooking scenes, why don't we get anything that even vaguely hints that Shiki lives an actual life outside of vampires and murderstabbing?

The guy's actually got about a thousand times the personality that Shirou does, but Nasu prefers to hint, rather than show.

LJ3
November 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Both protags are alright to me.

Fingolfin
November 2nd, 2013, 02:42 PM
Manga Shiki is better than both.

Dartz
November 2nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Manga Shiki is better than both.

Quoted for truth.

Crown
November 2nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
It's annoying that, despite how Shiki runs around the city with Arihiko every night, making trouble, chatting with random serial killers and whatnot, Nasu doesn't even bother to show us any of that. We get Fate cooking scenes, why don't we get anything that even vaguely hints that Shiki lives an actual life outside of vampires and murderstabbing?

The guy's actually got about a thousand times the personality that Shirou does, but Nasu prefers to hint, rather than show.

Shiki plays mahjong too, whereas Shirou doesn't -that's a big plus in the coolness scale for me.

Shiki is obviously best protagonist.

LJ3
November 2nd, 2013, 03:20 PM
Where does that come from?

Shiki is more easy going to me. Tries not to be stressed out but live a relaxed life.

Crown
November 2nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
I presume you refer to the mahjong part? It is in Kagetsu Tohya. He likes to make some cheap chiitoitsu.

deimos
November 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Where does that come from?
So you didn't read Kagetsu Tohya?

UPDATE:
Aahh too late, Crown already answered that question.

LJ3
November 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Thanks. I'm still in watching Tsukihime Far Side on youtube.

bahamut zero
November 2nd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks. I'm still in watching Tsukihime Far Side on youtube.
....why would you watch it on youtube?

Kuradora
November 2nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
Shiki's a more entertaining guy with a much more interesting backstory.

Mcjon01
November 2nd, 2013, 08:15 PM
I've never seen Shirou and Shiki in the same room at the same time in canon material. I think they're the same person. That big fire wasn't caused by the Grail, it was caused by Kouma going CRV.

Fingolfin
November 2nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Yeah, but Shirou never fucks any maids so they can't be the same character.

Unless amnesia made Shiki lose that fetish.

Kuradora
November 2nd, 2013, 08:30 PM

But they both have lolicon.

Break
November 2nd, 2013, 08:41 PM

Sella and Leysritt have a crsh on him though (well Leys probably just because she's influenced by Illya though), so he does have the possibility for it.

Rmor had it that at least Leysritt would have had an h-scene/been part of an h-scene if the Illya-route wouldve been made.

kay4today
November 2nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
I'm a Shiroufag and proud.

SeiKeo
November 2nd, 2013, 08:51 PM
How horrifying.

Huitante
November 2nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
What's horrifying in being Shirou aficionado? I'm the one as well.

Fingolfin
November 2nd, 2013, 09:42 PM
Ignore leo, the mod experience turned him into a stick in the mud.

LJ3
November 2nd, 2013, 10:35 PM
....why would you watch it on youtube?

Xerblade's channel. I found it more convenient to me than actually downloading it. I don't think I'm missing out.

Sella and Leysritt have a crsh on him though (well Leys probably just because she's influenced by Illya though), so he does have the possibility for it.

Rmor had it that at least Leysritt would have had an h-scene/been part of an h-scene if the Illya-route wouldve been made.

This sounds like fanon. I only know of one interaction in the VN that can be construed as shipping material and that was Leysritt not knowing how to shop.

Unless H/A had something else.

Arha
November 2nd, 2013, 10:40 PM
Sella and Leysritt do show up more in FHA, yeah. I don't remember anything about them having a crush on Shirou, but I've only seen read half of it.

Petrikow
November 2nd, 2013, 10:44 PM
Always assume that Break is wrong.

It will save you a lot of time.

deimos
November 2nd, 2013, 10:49 PM
Shirou is like a little kid in candy land and won't accept reality. Shiki is a realist, he lives life, knowing how things are, and he'll do what's right. Shirou will do what's wrong if it's more pleasing to him, but Shiki will do what's right even if it hurts him deeply. Shiki chooses the correct path. Shirou is blinded by his Virtue.

Daiki
November 2nd, 2013, 10:52 PM
I'm a Shiroufag and proud.

You acknowledge a macho as your husbando? Who would have thought?

Owain
November 2nd, 2013, 10:53 PM
You acknowledge a macho as your husbando? Who would have thought?

Shirou is Machoman Randy Savage? Oh yeah~

Renko
November 2nd, 2013, 10:57 PM
One cannot keep his swords up.

One just got his eyes blown up.

I say, Shinji is the BEST protagonist! :sakura:

RacingeR
November 3rd, 2013, 05:49 PM
That's what having a RM is: telling reality to suck it.
And I think you're kind of confusing them. Shirou willfully neglects the mere idea of having fun, because he feels it's disrespectful to those who died in the fire. Admittedly, it's a bit excessive, but after all he is kind of crazy.
Instead Shiki, especially in the Near Side, made constantly worry Akiha and the maids, and ignoring them too, just so that he could meet with Arc/Ciel. And it's not like it he was doing if because he felt obliged to kill vampires.

He did feel obligated to help Arc for a while though.

aldeayeah
November 3rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Yup, he reluctanctly admitted he was in her debt.

After cutting her into pieces.

Kuradora
November 3rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
True, but if you remember at the end he tells her that he was essentially deluding himself in thinking that he wanted to do that for some heroic reason, while the truth was that he just wanted to be with her.

Not that I have an actual problem with it, mind you. It just shows, though, that Shiki pretty much does what he likes. As opposed to Shirou, who feels guilty when he feels pleasure for not-heroic reasons.

What's wrong with enjoying life? Especially when one's life is so short?

Valdarez
November 4th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Fate Shirou frankly irks me due to him being a sexist UBW/HF Shirou is much better,that said i voted for Shiki as i find his laid back nature endearing