PDA

View Full Version : gwynedd anicon

chunderninny
November 29th, 2013, 05:26 PM
i'll be shooting off to gwynedd next week for the anicon. frankly, this is gonna be my first one so i'm not entirely sure what to expect. what do you lot look out for when you do these things. will i be pottering along the whole tyme or should i stick to some kind of concryte schedule? as long as i can slam in some of that saber stuff i'll be all set. either way i'm sure it'll be a blast!

Rokudaime
November 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
A few tips: Look for, and acquire the stuff you want from all the booths and stalls first. Things can sell out quickly at conventions, especially the good stuff. And there WILL be good stuff! Conventions often have a lot of cool merchandise that might be challenging for you to find and procure on your own. If the convention you're going to goes on over more than one day, then you can usually avoid spending too much time on the stalls you already visited on day 1 if you were quick and thorough. Then again, some sellers bring out new stuff on the second or third days, and some don't even bring out the cool stuff until day two or three...That happened with me... ┐( ̄_ ̄)┌

Once you're done shopping, go look at all the other events and stuff that you're interested in, taking the time to observe all the awesome cosplayers while doing so. Take pictures if you want. Most of the time you can also ask people to take pictures of them in profile and in poses if you like, since most people there will enjoy the attention. They're not cosplaying to avoid being looked at and admired. Most importantly, if you're going to a big convention, DRINK WATER (or other kinds of beverages)! Lots of it! You won't believe how quickly you can get dehydrated from constantly walking around through huge crowds of people, usually in warm, sticky indoor air. If you do get dehydrated you'll not only lose energy, but you'll also quickly get yourself a nasty headache, which can really ruin the whole day for you, trust me. And of course, watch out for your wallet, phone etc. That's all I can think of. :-)

chunderninny
November 29th, 2013, 11:35 PM
aye, that'll be no problym. i always carry a bottle of water with me but would you suggest bringing a camelbak?

Rokudaime
November 30th, 2013, 10:23 PM
aye, that'll be no problym. i always carry a bottle of water with me but would you suggest bringing a camelbak?
Huh? Um...What? Also, what's with all the random "y's"?.......

Paitouch
November 30th, 2013, 10:32 PM
CV quality.

Rokudaime
November 30th, 2013, 10:36 PM
CV quality.

"CV"?
I can't understand anything that is being said in this topic... :-/

chunderninny
December 2nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
5 days!!! can't wait!!!