PDA

View Full Version : Master and Commander (RP)

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Master and Commander
I: Severnaya Zemlya, 2078

http://i.imgur.com/1kY8i6p.png

Cadet,

We are pleased to inform you of your selection into the United Nations 21st Century Leader Initiative. While you wait for your personal profile to be uploaded, please review the basic information of the program you are entering.

PURPOSE: As set out in UNSC Resolution 2198, to educate modern minds for new challenges and leadership demands by way of simulated combat, in partnership with an advanced AI core.

AI CORE: A female representation of a historical ship or series of ships who will be your partner throughout the program and your main asset in the Fishtank.

FISHTANK: A hyper-advanced supercomputer that simulates environments at sea, providing a platform for cadets to hone their leadership abilities and critical skills.

CAMPUS: Located in Severnaya Zemlya, Russia. Buying warm clothes will be unnecessary: the facility is mostly underground and isolated from the elements.

SELECTION: This letter is often confusing to selectees. You have been chosen for the UN21CLI on the basis of: your academic ability, your aptitude for computer code, your demonstrated leadership ability, mental flexibility, determination, cunning, and trickery. Regardless of your current status or your previous future plans, your family will be cared for while you are at UN21CLI as compensation for your service.

TL;DR

Top Gun with ships and AI Ship Waifu, true love, TACTICAL combat on the high seas, I liked Arpeggio

stop 0x0005684f (2x9475^7, #fc0000000)

It appears that Fishtank has encountered an error. We will endeavor to fix this, but in the meantime we request that you manually re-enter the test results you received a month ago below.

PERSONAL INFORMATION:
NAME: __________
DATE OF BIRTH: ______
PLACE OF BIRTH: ______
FAMILY BACKGROUND:
LIFE HISTORY (SUMMATION):

TEST INFORMATION: (These metrics are normalized such that a student’s scores should add to 9)
OFFENSIVE HACKING ABILITY:
DEFENSIVE HACKING ABILTY:
INITATIVE AND ACTION:
FLEXIBILITY AND REACTION:

Fishtank also requests that at this time you submit your preferred choice of AI Core at this time. Fishtank simulation has completed modeling of a limited selection, which is listed below. Please keep in mind that your AI Core has only so much processing power, and a more potent Core component will leave less power for other simulation. Choose one or a group of three from the third line in each nation.

SIMULATIONS OF HIS MAJESTY’S NAVY (Choose one)
IRON DUKE (Moon+), WARSPITE, HOOD, PRINCE OF WALES (Morm+) (arranged in increasing power)
ILLUSTRIOUS (VT+)
SUSSEX/SHROPSHIRE/LONDON, AUSTRALIA/CANBERRA/KENT

SIMULATIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVY (Choose one)
TENNESSEE, COLORADO, SOUTH DAKOTA (AMW+), IOWA (Race+), MISSOURI (HYuy) (arranged in increasing power)
YORKTOWN (Kelnish+)
ATLANTA/JUNEAU/SAN DIEGO, ASTORIA/QUINCY/VINCENNES
ALASKA/HAWAII (Lurk+)

SIMULATIONS OF THE IMPERIAL GERMAN NAVY AND GERMAN WAR NAVY
KOENIG, BAYERN, SCHARNHORST, BISMARCK (Buster) (arranged in increasing power)
GRAF ZEPPELIN
PRINZ EUGEN/ADMIRAL HIPPER/BLUCHER, ADMIRAL GRAF SPEE/ADMIRAL SCHEER (Soldat+)

SIMULATIONS OF THE NAVY OF THE GREATER JAPANESE EMPIRE
KONGO (Zagrin+), HYUUGA, NAGATO (Tang+), YAMATO , (KT+) MUSASHI(Dranes) (arranged in increasing power)
HIRYU, (Kuro+), SHINANO (Sat+)
TAKAO/ATAGO/MAYA, TONE/CHIKUMA/SUZUYA

Please submit the above information. You will be collected from your current residence within 24 hours. Welcome to the program.

Srsly, wat?

Choose ship. Fight dudes. Romance your ship, or someone else's ship if you like that kind of thing. That's it.

AI Ship Waifu: You are encouraged to make them their own characters. The oldest ones will have been created a few months ago and been hanging out with the other AI Ship Waifus, the youngest, a few days before you show up.

2078: 2078 could be better, but it was all a matter of perspective. Contrary to science’s predictions, sea levels had held steady for the first part of the century, but it only turned out to be a brief respite. In the early 60s, the waters crept up again, and they’ve driven humanity’s problems for the last generation. The many legacies of humanity’s brushfire wars over the last sixty years were set aside for two loose alliances, with the developed nations hoarding their resources to support their own population, while the underdeveloped global south tries to claw back as much as they possibly can. Smoldering wars over water and elevated land are becoming common. The developed north is meanwhile surging into a new renaissance, with robotics beginning to dominate the economy. Impossible-looking buildings of twisted glass loom over the risen shorelines, some cities even built with the expectation that they’ll be drowned and left to stand in water like a new Venice. Apocalyptic religious movements and splinters are springing up worldwide, preaching - if not the end of the world - the passing of an age; from dominion of the land to dominion of the sea.

Do whatever you want for your char's home region if it doesn't conflict with anyone else. If you want guidance, ask me but you are perfectly allowed to do it on your own.

Tactical Combat: Fair warning - this has an actual, numbers-and-dice based combat system for ship battles. If you really don't want to deal with what's basically a pared-down wargame you might not want to bother.

PC Age : 15 to 21 or so, it's anime combat school.

Slots:

No slot limit, this scales fairly easily. Submit whatever and you're in.

BOATS https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhWO_2p0SmyEdHlrVGNBRXdSOEhET3YzYzJvbk5EW FE&usp=sharing

RULE https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SEqGThvICQHIfbUKK8CM1nL6v5_wiECxZbNFBaZNR0s/edit?usp=sharing

Katie
January 25th, 2014, 03:56 PM
i've already claimed the space battleship yamato

hands off fags

RacingeR
January 25th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I'm claiming the Iowa.

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I'm claiming the Iowa.

Random fact: I think the Iowa is the only ship on the list that still exists. It's a museum in LA.

Bloble
January 25th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Is this that ridiculous KanColle shit everyone's hype about for some reason?

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Somewhat inspired by, yes.

Neir
January 25th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Is this that ridiculous KanColle shit everyone's hype about for some reason?

cute battleships doing cute things, yes?

I3uster
January 25th, 2014, 04:52 PM
give me the bismarck

Katie
January 25th, 2014, 04:56 PM
>all the strongest battleships are taken

POWERLEVELS

I3uster
January 25th, 2014, 04:57 PM
realtalk i just scrolled down and looked if the bismarck was available or not

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 04:58 PM
SINK THE BISMARCK

Mormarth
January 25th, 2014, 05:03 PM
FOR KING AND COUNTRY

http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/emot-britain.gifhttp://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-respek.gifhttp://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-scotland.gif

Kelnish
January 25th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Which enterprise?

Katie
January 25th, 2014, 05:07 PM
presumably the WWII pacific carrier

since like

all these ships are WWI-WWII

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 05:08 PM
CV-6

Arch-Magos Winter
January 25th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Battleship X. Let's get this fucking thing on the way.

USS South Dakota motherfuckers

Kelnish
January 25th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Yorktown replaces enterprise, the greatest waifu.

Neir
January 25th, 2014, 05:31 PM
USS Quincy goddammit

ILurkNoMoar
January 25th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I take it that we have to pick from one of the listed ships and can't choose something else right?

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I take it that we have to pick from one of the listed ships and can't choose something else right?

Yes unless you give me a good (doesn't have to be that good) reason.

Kelnish
January 25th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Neo-Austrians are a thing. This is important.

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 06:09 PM
People have been asking for the combat system. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SEqGThvICQHIfbUKK8CM1nL6v5_wiECxZbNFBaZNR0s/edit?usp=sharing)

Katie
January 25th, 2014, 06:11 PM
welp powerlevels

uguu

ILurkNoMoar
January 25th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Yes unless you give me a good (doesn't have to be that good) reason.
Is "I happen to prefer the Alaska-class Battlecruiser because it's a sexy ship and is roughly comparable to some of the listed ships" a good enough reason?

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Is "I happen to prefer the Alaska-class Battlecruiser because it's a sexy ship and is roughly comparable to some of the listed ships" a good enough reason?

Alaska's are slightly less powered than the lowest battleships and slightly more powered than the best cruisers so let's go with... sure if you let me get back to you later after I hack together balancing for it?

ILurkNoMoar
January 25th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Alaska's are slightly less powered than the lowest battleships and slightly more powered than the best cruisers so let's go with... sure if you let me get back to you later after I hack together balancing for it?
That'll be fine, though you could just give me control of Alaska and Guam at the cost of a less circuits to play with.

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 06:29 PM
That'll be fine, though you could just give me control of Alaska and Guam at the cost of a less circuits to play with.

Provisional: Alaska, Guam, 30 circuit capacity.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 25th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Technically I'd say the South Dakota is part of the Interwar/Early War generation - her original designs date from 1920, and as treaties kicked in had to be both the design and the ship had to be scrapped and rewritten. She was then rebuilt again according to the new treaties, and finished before WWII started. She's easily one of the best of that era, if not the best - but you might be considering the retrofits she received to up her anti-air power during the war as why she's in the Late War period.

EDIT:

Hell, I'd throw her as Mid-war along with the North Carolina-Class. She couldn't have duked it out with the Yamamoto but she could certainly take on the Bismark and the Hood. She was part of the Task Force designed to say fuck you to the Tirpitz, though the two never fought as that ship pussied out on the prospect of facing the Washington and South Dakota at the same time. I'd give her an extra 5 circuits to represent this.

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 06:36 PM
The designs are interwar sure but the configuration is late-war so there you go

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Hell, I'd throw her as Mid-war along with the North Carolina-Class. She couldn't have duked it out with the Yamamoto but she could certainly take on the Bismark and the Hood. She was part of the Task Force designed to say fuck you to the Tirpitz, though the two never fought as that ship pussied out on the prospect of facing the Washington and South Dakota at the same time. I'd give her an extra 5 circuits to represent this.

no

Soldat der Trauer
January 25th, 2014, 07:13 PM
@HerrLeo:
ADMIRAL GRAF SPEE/ADMIRAL SCHEER/DEUTSCHLAND

I would like these, danke.

Springtime for Hitler and Germany~

:ciel:

Arch-Magos Winter
January 25th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Ok.

Tangerang
January 25th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Nagato

Mooncake
January 25th, 2014, 07:52 PM
>Arpeggio

Welp, let's do this. Claiming Hood Iron Duke.

Vritra
January 25th, 2014, 10:45 PM
I'll go with Illustrious then.

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2014, 01:18 PM
So in all fairness I should give out the stat sheet now because the differences can be important. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhWO_2p0SmyEdHlrVGNBRXdSOEhET3YzYzJvbk5EW FE&usp=sharing) Please note that these are not final and will be adjusted if needed throughout the game but they are not yet up for debate. If something is glaringly obviously staggeringly in need of correction and I've overlooked it tell me but otherwise I am not going to be doing minor adjustments now.

Katie
January 26th, 2014, 01:33 PM
goddamn Americans

Katie
January 26th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Kelnish you do realize you can't play offensive or defensive cards with 0s in Offense and Defense right?

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2014, 03:23 PM
9 Init, yolo

Kelnish
January 26th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Kelnish you do realize you can't play offensive or defensive cards with 0s in Offense and Defense right?

Thanks for telling me this when we were talking about my sheet, jerkface.

Katie
January 26th, 2014, 04:37 PM
I forgot about that rule >_>

mangafreak7793
January 26th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Well I'm interested, let me find a ship and i'll try to get something whipped up

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Oh yeah now that you have the fleet list compositions for the first fight would be appreciated.

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2014, 05:35 PM
SPEAKING OF WHICH

German players note that PT boat dodge chance has been reduced to a quarter, pending actual combat results.

ILurkNoMoar
January 26th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Oh yeah now that you have the fleet list compositions for the first fight would be appreciated.
Do you want us to PM you our fleet comps or what?

Also will we know who we're fighting in advance or is it a surprise until we're on the field?

Kuroyuki
January 26th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Slow Kuro is slow. Commander Kenshirou is reporting for duty for the Hiryu

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Do you want us to PM you our fleet comps or what?

Also will we know who we're fighting in advance or is it a surprise until we're on the field?

Sure, and it is a surprise.

Lycodrake
January 26th, 2014, 08:07 PM
I can't believe Spin hasn't claimed USS TN.

Katie
January 26th, 2014, 08:09 PM
He did and then he realized he wasn't interested.

Lycodrake
January 26th, 2014, 08:10 PM
He did and then he realized he wasn't interested.
Alas poor Tennessee, your home-borne hero dismisses you. :(

Satehi
January 26th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Sign me up for Shinano.

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Yes.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 26th, 2014, 10:03 PM
>Yamato and South Dakota on par at long range

This pleases the Rushmore State. SPIRIT AIN'T GOT SHIT ON FIRE CONTROL!

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Mount Rushmore is an awful place.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 26th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Mount Rushmore is an awful place.
Having been there I totally agree and really you should visit Crazy Horse instead for the Laser Lightshows they do every summer.

Katie
January 26th, 2014, 10:16 PM
I will kill you with the burning passion of my ancestors and the many men who have gladly given their lives to carve a path for TRUE YAMATO VICTORY

Arch-Magos Winter
January 26th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I can't hear your screams for mercy over the sound of my kinsmen slaughtering natives and japanese airmen.

Katie
January 26th, 2014, 10:23 PM
you're not winning the war this time, white trash

ILurkNoMoar
January 26th, 2014, 10:25 PM
you're not winning the war this time, white trash
I'm going to laugh if you get swarmed by bombers on your first sortie and sink.

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Task Force 58 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task_Force_58):
11 aircraft carriers
386 aircraft
6 battleships
11 cruisers
30+ destroyers
2nd Fleet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Fleet_(Imperial_Japanese_Navy)), Combined Fleet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Fleet):
1 battleship
1 light cruiser
8 destroyers
115 aircraft, mostlykamikaze (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamikaze)

Yamato strong, can take 11 aircraft carriers in the hull. What a slut.

ILurkNoMoar
January 26th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Yamato strong, can take 11 aircraft carriers in the hull. What a slut.
I'm more impressed that she could keep going with hundreds of aircraft constantly dropping their payloads all over her.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 26th, 2014, 10:38 PM
A true slut finds a way.

Katie
January 26th, 2014, 10:41 PM
At least the Yamato died an honorable death, all American battleships are left to rot away like the old-ass relics that they are, replaced by the new sexiness that's carriers.

Isn't it sad, watching your purpose slowly being destroyed as time flies by?

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2014, 10:42 PM
It's like Alzheimer's except you're a boat.

ILurkNoMoar
January 26th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Ha, the joke's on you Yamato. My purpose was already gone by the time I was launched! ...Wait a minute.

It's like Alzheimer's except you're a boat.
I don't really remember all that well, my memory is kind of rusty these days.

Lycodrake
January 26th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Tempted to join with Tennessee-tan just to be a shining example of an Appalachian citizen.

Kelnish
January 26th, 2014, 11:02 PM
At least the Yamato died an honorable death, all American battleships are left to rot away like the old-ass relics that they are, replaced by the new sexiness that's carriers.

Implying battleships weren't pretty cool in the first gulf war~

Zagrin
January 27th, 2014, 12:18 AM
I'll join and go with Kongo.

ILurkNoMoar
January 27th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Out of curiosity, do AI Cores with multiple ships have multiple avatars for each ship or just one for all of them?

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Whatever you find more fun.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 27th, 2014, 12:48 AM
>Imagining Loli AI cores for destroyers
...Yes. YES. YESSSS.

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Destroyers r mooks.

Katie
January 27th, 2014, 12:52 AM
...Yes. YES. YESSSS.

I bet you're one of those faggots who likes Shimakaze from KanColle, aren't you?

Arch-Magos Winter
January 27th, 2014, 01:05 AM
No I just find the mental image hilarious.

EDIT: Sort of like the Loli-SMG's from Uppote.

ILurkNoMoar
January 27th, 2014, 01:30 AM
...Yes. YES. YESSSS.
I was under the impression that unnamed ships didn't have avatars.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 27th, 2014, 01:57 AM
>Implying destroyers didn't have names

Kuroyuki
January 27th, 2014, 01:57 AM
Destroyers r mooks.

Mooks don't get special avatars. Well you can attempt to fight Leo for Chibis but I doubt that would work.

ILurkNoMoar
January 27th, 2014, 02:05 AM
>Implying destroyers didn't have names
Okay, it you're so adamant about it then one of your destroyers will be named the USS William D. Porter.

And the destroyers wouldn't be loli's, those are the carriers.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 27th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Okay, it you're so adamant about it then one of your destroyers will be named the USS William D. Porter.

And the destroyers wouldn't be loli's, those are the carriers.
...Challenge accepted.

Let's fucking do this Leo.

ILurkNoMoar
January 27th, 2014, 02:27 AM
...Challenge accepted.

Let's fucking do this Leo.
Hahahaha, you've got balls if you honestly know who you just accepted into your fleet. Read up on the Willy D. Porter (http://www.cracked.com/article_19637_the-5-craziest-war-stories-all-happened-same-ship.html) if you don't.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 27th, 2014, 02:35 AM
Hahahaha, you've got balls if you honestly know who you just accepted into your fleet. Read up on the Willy D. Porter (http://www.cracked.com/article_19637_the-5-craziest-war-stories-all-happened-same-ship.html) if you don't.
I know.

This is exactly why I accepted.

Katie
January 27th, 2014, 03:31 AM
it has come to my attention that due to three of the japanese players using kantai collection faceclaims for their appropriate ship that all japanese players should do this

except sat, poor shinano is not a kancolle

Arch-Magos Winter
January 27th, 2014, 03:55 AM
Are you using the exploded or normal Yamato KT?

Katie
January 27th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Are you using the normal South Dakota or the pile of scraps in a museum?

Arch-Magos Winter
January 27th, 2014, 10:55 AM
It's a memorial actually - and worth a visit if you're ever nearby.

And I was more referring to the KanColle CG's for your soon to be destroyed waste of metal and cannon

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2014, 12:19 PM
We are still needing Zagrin, Neir, Buster, and Soldat.

Spinach
January 27th, 2014, 12:52 PM
& me

Kelnish
January 27th, 2014, 01:00 PM
My face claim is the greatest.

Spinach
January 27th, 2014, 01:02 PM
mine's better though

Mormarth
January 27th, 2014, 01:29 PM
mine's the best you fools

ILurkNoMoar
January 27th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Where are these face claims anyway?

Kuroyuki
January 27th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Most of us just sent it to Leo or shared them over IRC. The GLORIOUS IJN ship AIs are easy to find since most of us are using Kantai.

Neir
January 27th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I just realized that this class is going to be taking a lot of my time. I'm out.

I'll probably read this rp, though.

ILurkNoMoar
January 27th, 2014, 02:13 PM
The GLORIOUS IJN ship AIs are easy to find since most of us are using Kantai.
Uh, you have no idea. I'll probably have to give up and go "fuck it, close enough" for mine because I have a specific way I want Alaska to look but my drawing skills suck. I mean how hard is it to find a picture of a hot girl dressed as a lumberjack while wielding a chainsaw on top of a grizzly bear?

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Breddy gud

Tangerang
January 27th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Could just start doin' battles with ppl who already finished

Arch-Magos Winter
January 27th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Uh, you have no idea. I'll probably have to give up and go "fuck it, close enough" for mine because I have a specific way I want Alaska to look but my drawing skills suck. I mean how hard is it to find a picture of a hot girl dressed as a lumberjack while wielding a chainsaw on top of a grizzly bear?
Welcome to the hell of trying to find a western looking girl not having basically no clothing on.

God dammit, I WILL HAVE MY REVOLVER WIELDING AI CORE.

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Could just start doin' battles with ppl who already finished

Someones eager.

Katie
January 27th, 2014, 02:58 PM
since all battles are 2v2 you'd have to get zag and hyuy to finish soon since buster and sold at are slow as shit

then you could feasibly ignore and start battles, idk

ILurkNoMoar
January 27th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the hell of trying to find a western looking girl not having basically no clothing on.Do you think all American battleships should be hilarious walking stereotypes of the states they represent? Because I do.
God dammit, I WILL HAVE MY REVOLVER WIELDING AI CORE.You have South Dakota right? I might have something for you then, just give me a few hours and I'll PM it to you.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 27th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Do you think all American battleships should be hilarious walking stereotypes of the states they represent? Because I do.You have South Dakota right? I might have something for you then, just give me a few hours and I'll PM it to you.
Thanks Lurk. And yes, we should go as stereotypical as possible.

Hence the Iowa should be bland as hell.

Neir
January 27th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Iowa is literally an ear of corn with guns on it

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2014, 03:07 PM
State fair

Tangerang
January 27th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Someones eager.

*wags tail?*

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Are you a furry

Tangerang
January 27th, 2014, 04:28 PM
*rolls around as an orange?*

RacingeR
January 27th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I am not aware of the USA stereotypes, so I went with something pretty different.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 27th, 2014, 04:45 PM
To give you an idea 'bout Iowa - no one gives a shit about Iowa outside of the voting season. Nothing much has ever happened in Iowa. The most famous thing about Iowa is that Iowa exists.

Be totally bland!

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2014, 04:47 PM
http://www.iowastatefair.org/fair-attractions/butter-cow/

- - - Updated - - -

This is a tradition in Iowa

- - - Updated - - -

Other competing foods include:

Fried Brownie On-a-stick, a chocolate brownie deep-fried and topped with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar, available at Fyfe Concessions.

ILurkNoMoar
January 27th, 2014, 04:51 PM
And yes, we should go as stereotypical as possible.

Had I not been able to get the Alaska's then I would have requested the California in place of the Tennessee and portrayed her as such. A heavily tanned, bottle blonde surfer chick with big tits and a surfer/valley girl accent.

Also, Leo I'd like to switch out Guam for the Hawaii. Because I don't know enough stereotypes about Guam to make a funny avatar for her.

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Also, Leo I'd like to switch out Guam for the Hawaii. Because I don't know enough stereotypes about Guam to make a funny avatar for her.

Yes.

Going to write OP since we only have 2 people waiting. First battlemap preview:

http://i.imgur.com/MVmbRfR.png

Yes, the x-axis is weird and goes in a zig-zag, such is hex. Team deployments are on row 1 and 15.

ILurkNoMoar
January 27th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Yes.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm going to put Hawaii in a grass skirt and coconut bra... but I totally am. She will also have an obsession with spam and pineapples.

RacingeR
January 27th, 2014, 05:00 PM
To give you an idea 'bout Iowa - no one gives a shit about Iowa outside of the voting season. Nothing much has ever happened in Iowa. The most famous thing about Iowa is that Iowa exists.

Be totally bland!

Nope.

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Note on rule changes: Simulation cards drawn at the beginning of the round no longer have to be played. You can either play one or discard both.

Initiative is calculated by adding initiative rolls for the team and comparing as a team value to reduce the number of mini phases.

Soldat der Trauer
January 28th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Awwww shit~

@Leo: For future reference, it's Saenz, you pronounce it like "signs".

ILurkNoMoar
January 28th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Are offensive and defensive hacks permanent unless removed or do they only last the turn they're played?

SeiKeo
January 28th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Depends on card but unless it specifies a time when it stops working it works for the whole match unless I made a mistake.

ILurkNoMoar
January 28th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Also, will I have control of my npc partners' cards or are you taking care of that?

EDIT: Same goes for my partners' fleet.

SeiKeo
January 28th, 2014, 01:35 AM
No and no.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 28th, 2014, 01:53 AM
Oh boy~ I just wiped nearly my entire hand, I'm hoping this works out well, considering my strategy. This should work somewhat well if I can pull this off.

Soldat der Trauer
January 28th, 2014, 02:33 AM
Wait, so I forward my moves to Leo, not post them directly?

Arch-Magos Winter
January 28th, 2014, 02:43 AM
I'm pretty sure, yes. Keeps it impartial that way.

SeiKeo
January 28th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Wait, so I forward my moves to Leo, not post them directly?

Doesn't actually matter but if you lose initiative you're going to be moving first in the open anyways.

ILurkNoMoar
January 28th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Doesn't actually matter but if you lose initiative you're going to be moving first in the open anyways.
How will we know if we won or lost initiative, will you tell us?

Soldat der Trauer
January 28th, 2014, 02:27 PM
@Leo: Think you made a typo; which of the three currently labeled are my actual sim cards?

SeiKeo
January 28th, 2014, 03:19 PM
How will we know if we won or lost initiative, will you tell us?

Next phase is gonna be initiative rolls ya.

@Leo: Think you made a typo; which of the three currently labeled are my actual sim cards?

This is not a typo, actually. The RNG managed to spit out simulation cards for all three of your flexibility rolls. The last two are the beginning ones that you have to play one or discard. Those three you can treat like normal.

e:

sink the Bismark

ILurkNoMoar
January 28th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Leo this isn't really relevant but I'm dying to know, if someone had picked Hyuuga would they have gotten her battlecarrier configuration?

SeiKeo
January 28th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Leo this isn't really relevant but I'm dying to know, if someone had picked Hyuuga would they have gotten her battlecarrier configuration?

If they had asked I would have said yes, but if you trade half your guns for a single-use dive bomber squadron I'm not really sure what you're doing.

ILurkNoMoar
January 28th, 2014, 04:45 PM
if you trade half your guns for a single-use dive bomber squadron I'm not really sure what you're doing.
Technically only would have been a third of your guns, but the single-use bomber squadron wouldn't be worth that. Unless you could use them to kamikaze your opponents for massive damage.

SeiKeo
January 28th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Match F Gold Team's triple draw of terrain-changing cards just kills me.

Mormarth
January 28th, 2014, 08:10 PM
maximum scotland

Arch-Magos Winter
January 28th, 2014, 08:21 PM
...Oh god we just fucking owned the center there. ONLY ONE WAY INTO THE SCORING ZONES MOTHERFUCKERS

Hey Soldat, how many freaking dice worth of torpedos can your side throw at mine!?!?!?

Katie
January 28th, 2014, 09:08 PM
amw direct linking with danbooru pictures never works

Arch-Magos Winter
January 28th, 2014, 09:14 PM
amw direct linking with danbooru pictures never works
Fuck.

SeiKeo
January 28th, 2014, 09:44 PM
AMW for the future can you like not do the tiger team malarkey, it's way harder for me to format into maps. Just list each ship, starting hex, and its movement.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually can you edit it for this post also

e: also indicate which moves are actually your ships and ones that are suggestions to partner

Arch-Magos Winter
January 28th, 2014, 09:52 PM
AMW for the future can you like not do the tiger team malarkey, it's way harder for me to format into maps. Just list each ship, starting hex, and its movement.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually can you edit it for this post also

e: also indicate which moves are actually your ships and ones that are suggestions to partner
Sorry, it's easier to keep track of it when I catagorize it into groups for me. I'll edit that shit up and out, gimmie five.

ILurkNoMoar
January 28th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Hey AMW, can you fix your face claim by hosting it from Imgur or just post it here? I want to see what you ended up going with.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 28th, 2014, 10:25 PM
I probably should have gone with the idea you sent. (http://imgur.com/Oeb10Ut)

ILurkNoMoar
January 28th, 2014, 10:32 PM
I probably should have gone with the idea you sent. (http://imgur.com/Oeb10Ut)
Well, she certainly seems peppy if nothing else, though she lacks the foul mouthed spirit found in my suggestion. In any case I wish you luck with your new partner.

Soldat der Trauer
January 29th, 2014, 12:03 AM

1st post had me w/ three in the discard pile, what happened w/ those? Can't I remove one sim card, or did that already happen (or would have happened if I did that now instead)?

SeiKeo
January 29th, 2014, 12:05 AM
discard... pile?

Kelnish
January 29th, 2014, 12:05 AM
discard... pile?

its where you put cards you discard baka nee-chan leo

Soldat der Trauer
January 29th, 2014, 12:11 AM
The size of a cadet’s hand is determined by his test parameters. When the game begins, each commander is dealt offensive cards equal to their offensive hack score, defensive cards equal to their defensive hack score, and a random selection of cards equal to their flexibility score. In addition, they are each dealt two simulation cards, of which they must discard one and may either play or discard the other. Each turn in combat, a cadet can use a number of offensive cards equal to their offensive hack score, and the same for defense. These cards can be played at any point in the turn. Cards can also be discarded to nullify other cards - either discarding two of your own cards to remove one enemy card, or discarding three to remove a simulation card. At the beginning of each turn, new cards are dealt to each cadet to fill their hand, and cards can be discarded at any time.

SeiKeo
January 29th, 2014, 12:13 AM
I'm not sure where the idea of a pile is coming from, discard and they just go away?

Soldat der Trauer
January 29th, 2014, 12:16 AM
TCG-speak, WHATEVER! Was/am I able to remove one of Gold Team's cards right now before I post again? That was the whole point I discarded anything beyond the one unused Sim in my previous post; I couldn't predict what he'd play, so I figured I'd err on the side of caution by ditching three.

The rulebook wasn't super specific on the manner of use.

SeiKeo
January 29th, 2014, 12:18 AM
There is no discard pile thing, 'cards' is kind of a metaphor and there's no graveyard, every card just has a number and I run an RNG to determine who draws what. You can't like prediscard to preemtively nullify other cards if that's what you mean?

Soldat der Trauer
January 29th, 2014, 12:19 AM
There is no discard pile thing, 'cards' is kind of a metaphor and there's no graveyard, every card just has a number and I run an RNG to determine who draws what. You can't like prediscard to preemtively nullify other cards if that's what you mean?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFPERSONA

Yeah, that's what I meant. Shitshitshitshitshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

Arch-Magos Winter
January 29th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Well fuck then I wasted 3 cards.

Soldat der Trauer
January 29th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Well fuck then I wasted 3 cards.

Hah, you?! Your team has the terrain advantage!!

But like I opined, the rulebook wasn't clear on how discard didn't work. So...

SeiKeo
January 29th, 2014, 12:27 AM
I... didn't write the rulebook to tell you what you couldn't ​do? I suppose so?

Soldat der Trauer
January 29th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Meh, is more an issue of clarity of intent. The rules didn't say you couldn't preemptively discard to neutralize an enemy card, and so the omission was understood to imply that you could. Now we know better.

Hmm, how to deal w/ the terrain fuck-up, though...

RacingeR
January 29th, 2014, 12:48 AM
Meh, is more an issue of clarity of intent. The rules didn't say you couldn't preemptively discard to neutralize an enemy card, and so the omission was understood to imply that you could. Now we know better.

Hmm, how to deal w/ the terrain fuck-up, though...

I think that's more you jumping on conclussions. Like, if the rulebook itself does not say it is there, then ask the GM before acting.

Katie
January 29th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Um, to be explicit Tang, I didn't play Barrel Roll. That was my actual hand so Leo could, um, keep track of shit easier.

So... yeah?

ILurkNoMoar
January 29th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Hey Leo, would you be willing to make Light Carriers a fleet option for the next battle?

Also, found a really good avatar for the GRAF ZEPPELIN.

http://i.imgur.com/JtVo6P7.jpg

SeiKeo
January 29th, 2014, 05:04 PM
That is a pretty good Graf Zepplin.

CVL is under consideration. I'm not convinced it would be useful for the points until I expand circuit caps but I'll look at it.

More stuff coming later this afternoon.

ILurkNoMoar
January 29th, 2014, 05:29 PM
BTW, is I3uster still in this because he's the only one who hasn't sent in a profile or posted on the IC thread?

SeiKeo
January 29th, 2014, 05:30 PM
I did end up getting a profile.

Kelnish
January 29th, 2014, 06:39 PM
His face claim is nowhere near as cute as mine~

ILurkNoMoar
January 29th, 2014, 06:56 PM
His face claim is nowhere near as cute as mine~
I3usters'?

Kelnish
January 29th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Literally everyone but yes Buster's specifically.

ILurkNoMoar
January 29th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Literally everyone but yes Buster's specifically.
You haven't even seen mine yet... actually not one has come to think of it, and that's totally not because I thought we'd be introduced to our AI Cores during a story post later on instead of introducing them ourselves. Funny thing though as they're are literally face claims, since the face is all they show... finding avatars I liked was hard.

Arch-Magos Winter
January 29th, 2014, 07:13 PM
I've got my movements in Leo, so does Soldat. Lets' get started.

SeiKeo
January 29th, 2014, 07:19 PM
​.

SeiKeo
January 29th, 2014, 07:51 PM
I need:

Buster
Moon
Sat
Race

To give the IC a little gift.

SeiKeo
January 30th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Tomorrow: D and E go go

Kelnish
January 30th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Buster too lazy =(

Katie
January 30th, 2014, 09:21 PM
busterrrrrrrrrr

ILurkNoMoar
January 31st, 2014, 12:06 PM
Hey Leo, can you get Buster to post or something? I'd like to start the battle sometime before everyone else finishes.

Katie
February 3rd, 2014, 07:11 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND RIGHTEOUS RANDOM NUMBER GODDESS, PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR BLESSING (http://imgur.com/1IOLpsJ)

SeiKeo
February 3rd, 2014, 07:49 PM
[18:49] <@Morm> the real ship waifus starts here

Arch-Magos Winter
February 3rd, 2014, 08:57 PM
Waitin' on Soldat.

ILurkNoMoar
February 3rd, 2014, 09:23 PM
We can move our ships and fire our guns during the same turn right?

Zagrin
February 3rd, 2014, 09:35 PM
Yes, yes you can.

SeiKeo
February 3rd, 2014, 09:36 PM
what

Kelnish
February 3rd, 2014, 09:37 PM
what

He's asking if he can pew pew while he zoom zooms

Lycodrake
February 3rd, 2014, 09:39 PM
He's asking if he can pew pew while he zoom zooms
Not a Mazda so he should be able to do both.