PDA

View Full Version : Kaleidoscopic Spiral - Phantasm/Zero

Emiya Kurou
February 28th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Blurred vision, ringing ears, and a piercing headache; those are the first things that you notice as you regain consiousness.
The second is the fact that everything around you is stark white; The sky has no sense of depth, the ground has no give but still feels insubstantial, and the only landmarks are four pillars covered in markings that appear to have been drawn in blood. As the noise and ringing begin to subside you notice that you are not the only one here. There appear to be several others, just as confused as you. Then someone who was standing in between the pillars began to speak.

New second part pending.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's right the time has come.

This is a 4th HGW RP; With an original scenario occurring afterwards.

If you are terribly interested in the plot that led up to this point, read Kaleiodoscopic Spiral - The Beginning IC before questioning me about it.

(Don't give me that look, it's only four pages long.)

A round of applause for my new Co-GM HitokiriNanaya.

This time I have decided to limit things to six PC's, excluding GMPC's of course.

Profiles will be judged on merit.

Having as PC's are being taken from multiple parallel worlds, characters totally unrelated to nasuverse are allowed.

That being said, you can be as powerful as you like within reason, If you want to be able to beat Arc or Gil, you had better have a good explanation as to how.

Players from the previous game can import (Copy paste or make adjustments and resubmit) their profiles from there if they like, or make new ones.

Obviously, new players would also be appreciated.

Players will be in control of not only their PC but also the Servant and Master that they are allied with.

To clarify something important, this is not canon Nasuverse, it is an AU with parts from all Nasuverse media as well as elements of other franchises, there will be references all over the place.

The tone of things, while partly determined by the players, will fluctuate between Grimdark and Shounen. This is a reality much closer to the Origin than the Nasuverse you might be used to, so there is a wider range to what is possible. It is equally likely for all hope to be lost and tragedy to occur; as for all to be overcome by sheer force of will and hot blooded fighting spirit.

That being said there may be a few differences in the way things work here, and some characters may be a hair off from what you are used to. Some characters may be a bit stronger or weaker than in canon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

1. I AM THE RULES

2. See rule 1

1. You may have up to three Original And/Or Otherworld (To aru, naruto, haruhi, JJBA, Campione, Ect. ad infinitum) characters. That is to say you can make an OC that has a Stand, or something like that.
I leave this rule up but if you get three PC's approved now you will be responsible for at least nine characters, but if you think you can handle it...

2. Control of Canon Characters will be handled on an on request FCFS basis.
You control your team, you can recruit them permanently if you want (If they live.)

3. Your PC is the avatar of your will, temporary and recruited Characters must remain (for the most part) in character. Obviously.

4. One Character per post, If you are playing multiples, Use multiple posts; Handle the canon characters you control however you are comfortable.
This rule was ignored last time, and I see no reason to waste my time trying to enforce it this time either.

5. H-Scenes are allowed, but please label them and put them in spoiler tags; Also, as this is nasuverse, seafood metaphor is required.

6. Characters that are not active for longer than five days will be given an off screen reason why they are gone, after two weeks they die.

7. If you are planning to leave and not come back please inform us ahead of time so your character doesn't have to die in some anticlimactic way.
If you plan on quiting please have the courtesy of killing your PC before vanishing.

8. This is a story that is being written by everyone, be detailed, be creative, make it worthy of the mushroom.

9. Assuming the game doesn't tank, there will be sequels that you can import your character(s) into. If you want a to make a new character you can still get bonuses from your old ones.
Welcome to the Sequal.

10. If you aren't sure about what you are doing or want something to happen post it here for review, if the others like it/find it convincing, it will happen.

Character Profiles

Name:
Sex:
Type: Mage, vampire, esper, ect.
Alignment:

STATS (Same scale as servants, E=10, E-= Less than 10)
Str:
End:
Agi:
Mgi:
Lck:

If circuits or regression

Quantity:
Quality:
Composition:

Affinity:
Origin:

Bio: (This can just go wherever you feel like putting it.)

Skills

Skill1
description

skill2
description

ect.

Move list

Named techniques, spells, ect. Other than your special. Put in spoiler tags if there are a lot of them. Sort by type.

Move or spell 1
Description:

Weapons

sword shield mystic code + description.

Special

Esper power,
special weapon,
Noble Phantasm,

The ultimate expression(s) of your power, It's the (esper, vampire, ether liner) equivalent of a noble phantasm. It's a trump card, sorry if I did not phrase it well, let's say someone made a Fujino, her clairvoyance would be a skill as would normal pk, her MEoDis on the other hand is a unique special ability, a trump card no one could recreate.

My profile as an example:

Name: Ashur Kurogami Soren (Weissvene)
Sex: Male
Type: Magus/Phantasm User
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Affiliation: Kurogami Clan, Novum Mundi

Parameters

Str: C
End: C
Agi: C+
Mgi: A+
Lck: A-

Magus Aspects

Quantity: A (51) <Originally 67>
Quality: A+
Composition: Abnormal (Always Active)

Origin: "Reflection"
Elements: Ether, Wind <Originally All Five>
Crest: None (Willingly surrendered to younger sister)

Skills

Magecraft

Prana Burst
The user is able to inject an arbitrary vector into a movement by infusing one's weapons and body with magical energy and instantly expelling it.
The prana surrounding the user's body serves to increase defense several times over.

Ether Reinforcement
The technique to increase the attributes of an object using ether. Ether reinforcement is a technique that is unpopular among most association magi as the success rate is exceedingly low. If successful the results are generally 20 to 30 times greater than with conventional reinforcement. Though use on the human body is entirely avoided due to ether's toxicity.

High Speed Aria
A technique that halves the time needed to recite a spell.

Spell Analysis
The ability to gain understanding of a spell through observation of the spell and caster. Spells within the user's range of ability can be recreated, reversed, or nullified upon complete analysis. This ability does not extend beyond magecraft of the modern era unless the user already possesses the capacity to use such techniques. One of three conditions must be fulfilled to complete analysis.
1. The spell is witnessed in use at least ten times.
2. The full incantation of the spell is acquired.
3. Direct physical contact is made with the fully actualized spell.

Magus Traits

Frozen Lord (Ice Body)
The Sorcery trait gained from the mother, that causes all who possess it to have a body temperature that is much lower than normal. The bearer is Highly resistant to extreme temperatures, although due to the nature of the ability burns are more difficult to heal.

Origin "Reflection"
The nature of the origin allows for the use of several advanced techniques as single actions due to it containing the concepts of reversal, distortion, and revelation. It is the addition of this origin to magecraft that makes the use of RETURNER possible.

Other Abilities

Eye of the Mind (True)
Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Kurogami Shingen Ryu
A variant on an ancient martial art used by the Kurogami to control their varied and generally overwhelming power, and then releasing it all in their opponent's general direction, or so he says; In truth it is a deadly art that attacks using prana to strike the body, ignoring conventional means of defense.

GaryuKen (1h)
A one handed sword technique developed by observation and experience in combat, containing elements of seventeen different styles of swordsmanship; A number that seems to still be growing.

Equipment

Tokijin
A sword forged from an Oni fang, forged in an unusual style resembling a long hilt Indian Khanda. The stories say that the fang came from a certain famous oni, but the owner finds this dubious; With the level of performance however the validity of the claim seems irrelevant, boasting strength equivalent to a C rank phantasm. It is able to release destructive pressure based on the amount of prana put into the blade. The name was apparently chosen on a whim for the sake of humor.

Moves

Magecraft

Elemental Familiars
The element based enhancement spells he claims are his are actually performed by the low class elementals he houses in his body. As a cost of housing even low level elementals in his body however, he is rendered entirely unable to use magecraft associated with that element without the elementals' present.

Wind Booster (Level 2)
Less a spell and more a technique, based upon basic control taken to the limit. Wraps air currents around the body to nullify resistance and creates high pressure gusts to increase movement speed. Effect mediated by Sylph. Doubles AGI while active. Normal attacks will not miss if the target has lower than C rank AGI.

Earthen Defencer (Level 1)
A specialized combination spell utilizing reinforcement, alteration, and the infusion of the earth element. Converts the top layers of skin into a layer of lightweight and flexible carbon armor with durability comparable to a main battle tank. But without Gnome to provide the earth element and support the effect is reduced to simply lessening bleeding. Provides a slight boost to defense.

Water Flowing (Level 1)
A technique that combines martial arts with magecraft to allow the user to sense the flow of mana in the surroundings. By detecting disruptions in the flow, the movements and intentions of others nearby can be discerned. But without Undine to provide the water element and support the effect is nearly lost. Raises dodge rate slightly while active.

Blaze Edge (Level 1)
A simple technique that coats the user's weapon in high temperature flames. The lack of the fire element provided Salamander effectively prevents this technique from functioning.

RETURNER
A secret technique that captures, amplifies, and returns an enemy spell at double the original power. Can only be used against spells that have been fully analyzed.

Special

Seven Blessings

The Collective name for the ability gained by all Kurogami who have taken the Seven trials used as a rite of passage by the clan. A single blessing given by a single god from each of the seven pantheons that look over the Kurogami. In truth no one passes all the trials, so no one receives Seven blessings. The name is a catch all for the anywhere between one and seven that they may have. Due to a certain incident, all of the blessings are currently sealed.

Noble Phantasm

That Which Reflected the Sun

Yata Kagami

Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
Targets: 1
Range: 1-50

The legendary mirror which reflected the sun, and one of the three sacred treasures of Japan.

The effect of this mirror changes depending on the target.

If the target is an attack, an equivalent amount of force of opposite polarity will be released to nullify it, up to the rank of the mirror; If the attack is of higher rank the mirror will not activate.

If the target is an opponent, the users stats will be forcibly changed to match the targets, however the prana burden becomes significant if the target is superior by too great a degree. In addition, the user's skills are not changed by this effect.

If the target is the user of the mirror, it will reveal the user's true nature, thereby awakening the Origin of the user.

Post profiles on the thread please.

No time limit on submitting profiles yet, may change depending on how many get posted.

Op under Renovation.

OP version 2 activated.

Emiya Kurou
March 12th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Bump for new, better Opening.

Tsukage13
March 14th, 2014, 12:09 PM
......can I join?......I promise to be nice....some of the time....

Emiya Kurou
March 14th, 2014, 03:43 PM
There is no point in asking if you haven't posted a profile yet.

Soldat der Trauer
March 14th, 2014, 04:50 PM
@Kurou: It's been a relatively short period of time, but you still haven't received much in the way of a surge to join. That may or may not still change.

I'm thinking of joining, but I'd like to ask something: if things work out that you only get less than your target player number, would you still be willing to continue w/ the RP regardless? You may need to adjust your thinking and planning to accommodate such a course, but it could work better w/ a smaller number to worry about.

Emiya Kurou
March 14th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I am planning to go forward with less than the desired number of players if I need to. Having only Two or Three players would make things a bit more difficult, but the situation would still be workable. (It better be workable with two GMs)

That is to say, six players plus the two GMs was the ideal, but I was prepared from the beginning for as few as two players.

YeOfLittleFaith
March 14th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Kurou I'm sorry I have to mention this about Ashur's sheet above all else.

This. How does this.

You realize just activating your circuits raises body temperature and causes pain. And channelling power beyond what they can do can make your body overheat and cause severe damage to the person. And possibly fry them (and the person) from the inside out. You'd probably get similar results if you were always channelling power.

YOU MEAN ASHUR IS PERMANENTLY ON FIRE FROM THE INSIDE OUT? 8D

Okay, no, that was me hyperbolizing for comedy, but if his circuits are permanently active than at the very least he's always feverish and in great pain. Always.

I'll give you a freebie and assume that their particular constitution means they don't get damaged from being on all the time and that they don't just melt from overuse.

Emiya Kurou
March 14th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Ice body allowed him to survive due to the fact that body temp drops proportional to the amount of prana present in the body. The fact that the circuits have been on from birth causes him to not recognise the activity of his circuits as pain, but as another thing that has "always been there" like his heartbeat or breathing. The fact that he is partally a phantasmal being somewhat helps too.

Think of it like a normal magus is a computer with a single processor fan, Ashur is a computer with multiple fans and liquid cooling.

YeOfLittleFaith
March 14th, 2014, 10:27 PM
I don't think constant pain is something you can function with without even noticing it's there, but since you say he's part phantasmal being (that sounds iffy by the way, how is he so?), I'll let it it go.

Emiya Kurou
March 14th, 2014, 11:57 PM
I am somewhat surprised that nobody called me on this before. I mentioned it before, but the Kurogami are interbred with a lot of things, Ashur's maternal grandmother is a

Yuki-onna
Snow Fairy

It is all about point of reference, his circuits have never not been on, so he has no point of reference as to what not having them on feels like. If you like you could think of it as his brain registering the activity of his circuits in an abnormal fashion. A normal brain perceives circuit activity as abnormal, and because of this generates the sensation of pain. Ashur's brain cannot recognize the circuit activity as abnormal because as far as it can tell it isn't. If I had to I would say he perceives it as a sort of pressure under his skin, if that makes any sense. I wish I could explain it better.

There are other reasons too, but I can't get into those without giving major spoilers about the overarching plot of the series.

Bloble
March 15th, 2014, 12:00 AM
Did you literally just grab Luka's attacks from Monster Girl Quest and give them to the example character?

Bro. C'mon.

Emiya Kurou
March 15th, 2014, 12:11 AM
I made this character right after marathoning MGQ 1-3 AND Soul Nomad. I admit, there was alot of Luka (and Alice) in my head when I came up with it.

I still like it. I put a lot of work into it. OK? So I want to get some use out of it.

Plus it's my GMPC

YeOfLittleFaith
March 15th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Okay. I am 90% certain painful things don't hurt because they're perceived as "abnormal biological activity" by the brain. It's because they FUCKING HURT and damage your body, so the body sends out a signal to warn you of the danger. Just using Magic Circuits is inherently damaging and unnatural, and it has nothing to do with how the brain perceives it. Sure, maybe Ashur's body copes well with the very real damage his odd circuits cause and is used to the pain, but it doesn't stop being painful just because he's goddamned used to it.

Yeah, I figured it was that sort of youkai.

Also this just struck me. Ashur has better circuits than Rin (who is a natural genius who will reach the level of the top magi of the Association in all of its history), is an Average One, has a unique Sorcery Trait, has non-standard Circuit Constitution, and has an actual Noble Phantasm in his possession.

And if you haven't altered his backstory from the previous Kaleidoscopic Spiral, he has defeated a Dead Apostle Ancestor.

I don't want to sound accusatory, but just a single one (or at most two) of these things is already quite enough to make a character pretty unique as far as Nasuverse goes. Are you sure you're not trying to be a little too special snowflake with your GMPC? Hell I don't even know why he wanted help in the last RP, he seemed to know everything he needed to and be so up and confident about it, I'm sure he could've handled it himself.

Soldat der Trauer
March 15th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Plot impetus was definitely one of the former RP's weak spots.

Emiya Kurou
March 15th, 2014, 02:45 AM
In order

Found the term for what I was trying to describe (Badly and entirely incorrectly): Pain Asymbolia- Pain without suffering or discomfort, He recognizes that the sensation is pain but it does not bother him. Also, IIRC the main risks in using circuits is overheating and cooking your organs, and overloading and frying your nerves. The heat is a non issue. The nerves on the other hand are; In the period it took him to gain the basic control needed to not die, he suffered damage to his brain that affects both his ability to process pain and his ability to understand others emotionally. In addition to that, his body is actually massively dependent on prana to survive because of being saturated with it for so long. Removing all the prana from a part of his body would cause rapid necrosis of the affected area.

He has more (sort of?) but certainly not better, his max output is around 800 at best, more around 700 now. Based on her output I assumed Rin to have A++ quality and with the sub circuits thing she has that we know nothing about...

The prana accumulated in his body is actually detrimental to the use of magecraft, it is great for a lot of things but if he tries to use a normal spell, BOOM, blows up in his face. Every spell he wants to use has to be painstakingly modified for his use, a process that sometimes takes months.

The average one thing is not as great as it looks, If Rin scores a 100 affinity score in all of them, Ashur gets 60 in everything but Ether, in which he has 80. In other words, he can use all five, doesn't mean he is good at using all five.

The sorcery trait comes from the Weissvene, they believed that they could find the root in the state that matter would take at Extreme temperatures, the research and incest produced the Ice Body, that could survive the temperatures that they work in. Ashur's mother was a Weissvene.

The non standard circuits are bad, his life would be much better if he had been born with normal circuits.

That DAA was called Regenerator, He inherited his rank and was only useful in that he used accelerated (to the point of being nearly instant) natural healing instead of a curse of restoration, So black keys and low level sacraments were less useful against him. Plus Ashur did not actually kill him. His head still screams curses at anyone walking by Lorelei's office.

He will be getting alot more frustrated alot more quickly this time so;

Interestingly enough he has similar problems to Rin in terms of how his plans go.

Plus he is under equipt for fighting Last Genesis, who are somewhat terrifying now that I give them some thought.

I was planning to reveal these overtime as Ashur began to trust his companions (partly because I have no Idea where I would put all this in a character profile) But here you go, some of his deficiencies and weaknesses. Part of the point of him is the fact that you can't cram that much special into one character without suffering a few problems. He will be suffering more than a few problems. Or do you think I should make a new character from scratch?

Thanks for the criticism though, I am actually trying to improve so this is helpful. I Will be trying to make future characters less special snowflake cluttered sheet. I also have help this time, so that should make the game go a bit more smoothly in general.

YeOfLittleFaith
March 15th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Well that in no way contradicts what I said then. And that's actually a pretty terrible thing for battle. Not being able to sense any discomfort where you ordinarily should, even when your body is trying to tell you it's reached its limits is... bad.

And emotional damage huh. Hello, protagonist from Mahoka Koukou No Rettosei!
/joke

If Rin's circuits are A++ to you, where do you put Lorelei's? Touko's? Aoko's? And "sub-circuits" are probably the Crest, but it's better to just ignore that info if it will generate confusion.

That's not how being an Average One works. You have all five elemental affinities, end of story. Sure maybe he's more skilled at using some than others, but natural potential shouldn't be any different. The only example I can remember in which such is the case is with Sakura's weakened original element, and that was because her element was forcefully changed to the Matou one, Water.

Also, excuse my channer-channeling for a moment here.

> Lorelei
> Keeping a vampire's still speaking head in her office
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

True that we don't know much about her character, but that alone is completely ludicrous based on what we do know.

I'm not going to tell you to scrap your GMPC, because as with all things, it depends on how well you can actually write it and explain it. I was just pointing out that he already has a bit of a saturated amount of unique characteristics, something which usually doesn't speak very well of how much a character approaches the "overdone and mary sue" boundary. So yeah, from here on out it depends on how you actually use his character.

Going back to the Circuit Quality rank issue for a moment, listen to what I'm saying. This time, provide a comparable scale for magic circuit characteristics. I greatly encourage you to do so.

You're already said the character parameter scale is the same as the Servant scale. I don't necessarily think it's the best scale to use, but you've got that down this time, unlike in the first RP where there was a lot of confusion about the standards that should be taken into mind. So make sure there isn't the same confusion about the characteristics of magic circuits.

Emiya Kurou
March 15th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Ok so Touko has nearly blue blood level super EX quality circuits like I thought, Lorelei has a better EX obviously. But Touko has B+ Rank quantity with 20 circuits... How does that work out?

We need an effective scale so for quantity I will take some liberties in this case.

Let's assume the Average is 0-1

E-=1
E= 2
D= 4
C= 8
B= 16
B+= 20
A= 32
A+=64
and so on,
How does that work for quantity?

As for Quality, I really don't know, working off of outputs might not be the way to go as the only points of refference we have are shirou's apparently crappy 10 per circuit and Rin with (Ignoring sub circuits) an apparently great 25 per circuit limit. But there is no other way that I can think of to quantify the Quality. What would you suggest?

YeOfLittleFaith
March 15th, 2014, 03:25 PM
That scale is a very inflatable curve. It's ugly. Remember the average number of circuits is 20. Putting that at B seems odd.

Same goes for your scale as far as power is concerned. EX is supposed to be "off-chart". A is supposed to be "top of the scale". Why would you assign the scale so Rin is at A++, making it harder to pin a proper rank on those with even higher circuit quality than her?

Ratman
March 15th, 2014, 05:43 PM
THIS IS IMPORTANT
+ DOES NOT MEAN "SLIGHTLY MORE THAN", BUT "TWICE AS MUCH IN PROPER SITUATION"
WE DON'T KNOW WHAT - EVEN MEANS AND IT'S ALMOST NEVER USED IN ORIGINAL WORK TRY TO AVOID USING IT AT ALL
IF YOU WANT A MORE VARIED SCALE THAN YOU SHOULD USE A DIFFERENT SCALE BECAUSE THIS ONE IS HARD COUNTERS NOT POWERLEVELS
YOU ALSO SHOULD NOT USE A TM CHAR SCALE FOR NONTM CHARACTERS BECAUSE YOU WILL DIE OF THE HEADACHE
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL

Soldat der Trauer
March 15th, 2014, 05:56 PM
My complaint remains in terms of the "plot" for the RP. If the PCs are to change history in some fashion, as I believe was the case in the previous RP, then it makes little sense to have them each correspond to one of the canon teams who are, y'know, TRYING TO KILL ONE ANOTHER.

It'd make more sense if the PCs had to back up one or two specific canon pairs w/ similar goals/motivations, something along those lines. Otherwise, why have a "higher power" intervene w/ even more individuals who still have to ingratiate themselves w/ said pair in the 1st place? And even then, if there's some larger goal behind all of this, why not just get on w/ it?

Hell, even a few bad fanfics out there have gone w/ not only summoning a Servant outside the country, but not even giving a damn about the War and just keeping their Servant out of it in favor of more personal objectives. What's to stop PCs from attempting the same here? B/c no matter how much canon may use the term "rules", really what the War has is "traditions" that can't always be enforced.

YeOfLittleFaith
March 15th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Hi Ratman. 'Sup.

And I think Kurou said the Servant scale only applied to parameters.

That said, I've talked about this with several people lately and I do agree with the fact that letting the parameters dictate who will automatically be better at one thing or another is bad, since Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero barely pay the parameters themselves any attention and the fights are much more narratively driven than makeshift-RPG-mechanics-that-Nasu-made-up driven.

Also, I agree with Soldat here and I think you should listen to him because he brings up some very good points.

Emiya Kurou
March 15th, 2014, 07:24 PM
The wiki has Touko listed with B+ quantity and IIRC she was stated to have exactly 20 circuits, I sort of built around that.

I could come up with a new system but that would require me to entirely abandon canon numbers on that.

As for quality, That was more arbitrary and generalized, I never really intended to put numbers to them till you got me thinking.

Rin can fire mini excaliblasts, so yeah. Touko is EX Quality and I assume Bartomeloi to be even better. Rin is What I had as the glass ceiling for normal magi, you had to be super special noble or some kind of freak to beat her in terms of quality.

I am reconsidering but the circuit values were always meant to be more "This character is in this general area" rather than "This character has exactly this numeric value"

It is for storytelling not definitive rulings.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The fights are narrative driven.

As for the plot, well, at first I had a half formed idea that what if I managed to summon something worse than Last Genesis, well I can use the grail war to find the evil ones and weed out the weak ones, then I realized that I had deliberately made Last Genesis the worst thing ever barring an ORT Rampage.

Then the thought came, well what if the time travel was forced by Gaia? Ok, but why would Gaia need Ashur and group specifically? I decided on Avenger being the problem, that is to say that the time-space dislocation I caused performing the summoning caused the servants in the fourth war to change, rendering the outcome uncertain. Angra Mainyu kills everything it touches that isn't evil already so that is a problem for Gaia, Ashur (being partly an Elemental and thus able to receive data from Gaia) gets ordered to clean up the mess he made or she will send primate murder to do it instead. We kind of need Fuyuki later and mass death is bad so the choice to make in that is obvious.

As for why not attack last genesis now, even with the cast what it was before (One of them were waiving nukes around) a direct attack against last genesis would result in unconditional defeat. The things we are (and will be) doing are countering Their objectives, slowing down their attempt to rebuild the gate to akasha, and killing the members, one by one, at least one of them will appear in every part, so look for them.

YeOfLittleFaith
March 15th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Erm, my complaint wasn't about the ranks you gave for circuit quality/quantity being equal or different from the official ones. That's completely irrelevant, and we don't even have such official ranks for most magi characters in the Nasuverse anyways, so you might as well use a scale that is better distributed and makes more sense, is what I meant.

Also, Gaia couldn't care less if Angra Mainyu kills every last human being in the planet. The one who would is Alaya. If AM incarnated and started rampaging free in the word post a possible ending of Heaven's Feel, it would be Counter Guardians dispatched by the Counter Force of Alaya who would be sent to stop it, not Primate Murder.

Emiya Kurou
March 15th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Angra would kill all the humans, It would also kill everything else in the process. Or if you don't buy that Gaia knows that humanity would destroy the world trying to stop it.

Feh, I'll just make it so Ashur gets the request from Alaya instead.

Also thanks to everyone helping me, I think up alot of things but as you can see I don't think of everything; And the things I do think of don't always make sense when I get back to it later. So yeah, thanks for calling me on it.

Emiya Kurou
March 16th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Quantity Ranking - The Scale inflating past A indicates how special you have to be or old your family has to be to get that many.

E= 1-9
D= 10-19
C= 20-29
B= 30-39
A= 40-49
A+= 50-74
A++= 75-99
A+++= 100-199
EX= 200+

Pluses on ranks below A indicate a magic crest increasing your circuit number enough to qualify you for a higher rank. For example: If you have C rank Quantity- that is twenty circuits, and add a magic crest with twenty more, that would put your total in the range of A rank- that is two ranks up, so you would indicate that with two pluses, in other words Rank C++.

A minus indicates that a number of circuits are unusable, either due to a limit on the number that can be used at one time, or because some of them have been damaged to the point of being unusable. Procedure is the same- Total circuits, minus the number unusable. An A rank who fries twenty circuits drops into C range so becomes A--.

Quality- Based on max output with an average twenty circuits

E-= < 50
E= 50-99
D= 100-149
C= 150-199
B= 200-249
A= 250-299
A+= 300-499
A++= 500-699
A+++= 700-999
EX= 1000+

Pluses indicate a factor that can increase production past your normal limit. Minuses indicate reductions from your normal processing limit, such as some form of damage that does not destroy the circuit but does lower capacity. Number of pluses or minuses indicate the number of ranks your qualifications have risen or fallen.

YeOfLittleFaith
March 16th, 2014, 08:01 PM
*looks*

Hrm. Not bad! I like this way to handle the circuit quantity scale more.

Soldat der Trauer
March 16th, 2014, 08:08 PM
@Kurou: Please please please don't take this the wrong way, but very little of your premise makes a damn bloody lick of sense. God (and Yolf) know I'm all for fan-expansions of the Nasuverse and its possibilities; we can wait for Nasu to confirm or deny our speculations until we're blue in the face and we've chucked whole savings at the monitor, but our imaginings are all that we have got at this point.

But you, sir. I'm quite sad to opine that you are doing this wrong, sir.

First things 1st: I myself dunno about utterly scrapping your GMPC, but the sue man could use an overhaul. Part Elemental? So he's a Gaia Terminal as well as an Alayan one? Well shit, the respective Beasts of the World may as well be out of a job! No. Nonono, it'd make more sense if he'd been kidnapped to Arcadia by the Fae once upon a time, and that forever touched him, b/c otherwise we're dealing w/ a load of horse shit. Canon Mixed Bloods are partly non-human, does that make them any more responsive to Gaia's side of things? Hahahahaha...

Plus, what's his age... 17 YEARS OLD?!? And he somehow has acquired alllllllllllllllllllllllll this? Yeah, no. Not w/ that background.

2nd: There are so many, many ways to do a prevent-bad-end-future plot premise, and of all the options you chose...this? Making it reliant on the World going, "Oh hey, someone should really do something about this, whelp let's look at this outstanding young gent." And Ashur goes w/ sending not even a team to intervene and join up w/ canon 4th War factions that want to kill one another? I'm sorry, this is laughable. The time travel aspect alone could have been handled differently, especially when it concerns a threat based in Angra Mainyu.

3rd: The Grail War. My god, the Grail War; I don't know where to even begin.

I'm trying not to call on names here, but I have to wonder what your current co-GM has been doing if they couldn't warn you of this ahead of time.

Emiya Kurou
March 16th, 2014, 08:55 PM
My co-GM hasn't PMed me since Wednesday, so....

I will try to answer the concerns you have detailed in order.

Being a human makes you an Alaya terminal so there is no advantage at all in that unless you sell your soul.
Ashur is not really a proper Gaia terminal (because he is still part human), the only thing he can receives from the Snow Fairy grandparent is the sense for disruptions in nature, and the occasional conversation with a real fairy that happens pick up on him . (Which is not always a plus)
Low class elemental + human does not equal Planet Beast level powerhouse.
The canon mixed bloods as far as I know are Either A. Part Oni or B. Part Dragon, neither of which are planet terminals even when not mixed with human.

As for all the stuff Ashur has you will have to be a bit more specific if you want anything done to it. What specific skills/Items do you find to be so impossible to have and why?

I have actually been putting some thought into that, the point I am up to is: Upon arriving at the meeting at the end of the previous game, Ashur finds that most of the people who had previously agreed to help have packed up and left (The characters that don't get brought back). He along with the few that stayed (The characters that get brought back) get pulled back into the white room and watch as more people arrive (presumably due to the weirdness with time that the summoning caused, people are arriving in batches).

After this things get annoying for me but my newest Idea is:

Ashur is planning to take everyone to a certain powerful, and more importantly knowledgeable, youkai who owed his thrice great grandfather a favor in order to find out how to get back to the proper year. When he tries to pull everyone out of the white room, He screws up (what is the male equivalent of goof up girl?) the minus on his luck kicks in and he finds himself standing in a summoning circle next to a servant, and later (After some frantic acting to avoid death) finds that he can't go more than one hundred meters from said servant without both of them suffering greatly. The others are in a similar situation to varying degrees.

How is that? A bit better?

Bloble
March 16th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Let me say what Soldat is too polite to.

Your OC sucks. He's lantz-tier, and so far you've spent more posts talking about him than about the RP, which is also a painfully generic idea that's been done two dozen times and always failed before breaking twenty posts on the IC thread.

In short, it's bad, and you should feel bad.

Emiya Kurou
March 16th, 2014, 10:39 PM
^^ Answers to one and two, should cover three to some extent. Please keep helping, this game may be playable eventually.

^ Please be constructive, I am trying to fix the problems with this and have little time to waste simply being told how bad this is, I know how bad this is, otherwise I wouldn't be trying to fix it.

PS. OC being edited.

Bloble
March 16th, 2014, 10:44 PM
^^ Answers to one and two, should cover three to some extent. Please keep helping, this game may be playable eventually.

^ Please be constructive, I am trying to fix the problems with this and have little time to waste simply being told how bad this is, I know how bad this is, otherwise I wouldn't be trying to fix it.

Then here's some constructive criticism:

1. Abandon or heavily rework your OC. A GMPC is never supposed to take the limelight; they're usually there to help the PCs while staying in the background, or to help guide the plot. Your guy sounds more like the main character of a shitty fanfic.

2. Get rid of the generic Grail War idea. It's been done too many times, and most of the people on BL have lost interest in such things. You don't need to ape an existing concept to come up with an interesting idea for a roleplay.

3. Find something your RP can offer that others can't. As of this moment, you aren't bringing anything new to the table, and that's bad.

Emiya Kurou
March 17th, 2014, 12:05 AM
1. I am currently in the process of reworking it to some extent, but this is a game to pull out your overly contrived, over loaded, servant level+ OC for, so yeah. Also, It is functioning mostly as a normal PC for me, If I actually have to pull out FULL GM POWER it is gonna show.

2. Which is a great deal of the reason why I am having to, I want a grail war, is that seriously too much to ask?

3. I have no good response to this at the moment, sorry.

Edit:

This is the result of me typing responses after having not slept for two days. Forgive the sense of defensiveness.

Emiya Kurou
March 17th, 2014, 03:47 PM
First round of editing OC done, take a look if you are interested.

Name: Ashur Kurogami Soren (Weissvene)
Sex: Male
Type: Magus/Phantasm User
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Affiliation: Kurogami Clan, Novum Mundi

Parameters

Str: C
End: C
Agi: C+
Mgi: A+
Lck: A-

Magus Aspects

Quantity: A (51) <Originally 67>
Quality: A+

Origin: "Reflection"
Elements: Ether, Wind <Originally All Five>
Crest: None (Willingly surrendered to younger sister)

Skills

Magecraft

Prana Burst
The user is able to inject an arbitrary vector into a movement by infusing one's weapons and body with magical energy and instantly expelling it.
The prana surrounding the user's body serves to increase defense several times over.

Ether Reinforcement
The technique to increase the attributes of an object using ether. Ether reinforcement is a technique that is unpopular among most association magi as the success rate is exceedingly low. If successful the results are generally 20 to 30 times greater than with conventional reinforcement. Though use on the human body is entirely avoided due to ether's toxicity.

High Speed Aria
A technique that halves the time needed to recite a spell.

Spell Analysis
The ability to gain understanding of a spell through observation of the spell and caster. Spells within the user's range of ability can be recreated, reversed, or nullified upon complete analysis. This ability does not extend beyond magecraft of the modern era unless the user already possesses the capacity to use such techniques. One of three conditions must be fulfilled to complete analysis.
1. The spell is witnessed in use at least ten times.
2. The full incantation of the spell is acquired.
3. Direct physical contact is made with the fully actualized spell.

Magus Traits

Frozen Lord (Ice Body)
The Sorcery trait gained from the mother, that causes all who possess it to have a body temperature that is much lower than normal. The bearer is Highly resistant to extreme temperatures, although due to the nature of the ability burns are more difficult to heal.

Origin "Reflection"
The nature of the origin allows for the use of several advanced techniques as single actions due to it containing the concepts of reversal, distortion, and revelation. It is the addition of this origin to magecraft that makes the use of RETURNER possible.

Other Abilities

Eye of the Mind (True)
Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Kurogami Shingen Ryu
A variant on an ancient martial art used by the Kurogami to control their varied and generally overwhelming power, and then releasing it all in their opponent's general direction, or so he says; In truth it is a deadly art that attacks using prana to strike the body, ignoring conventional means of defense.

GaryuKen (1h)
A one handed sword technique developed by observation and experience in combat, containing elements of seventeen different styles of swordsmanship; A number that seems to still be growing.

Equipment

Tokijin
A sword forged from an Oni fang, forged in an unusual style resembling a long hilt Indian Khanda. The stories say that the fang came from a certain famous oni, but the owner finds this dubious; With the level of performance however the validity of the claim seems irrelevant, boasting strength equivalent to a C rank phantasm. It is able to release destructive pressure based on the amount of prana put into the blade. The name was apparently chosen on a whim for the sake of humor.

Moves

Magecraft

Elemental Familiars
The element based enhancement spells he claims are his are actually performed by the low class elementals he houses in his body. As a cost of housing even low level elementals in his body however, he is rendered entirely unable to use magecraft associated with that element without the elementals' present.

Wind Booster (Level 2)
Less a spell and more a technique, based upon basic control taken to the limit. Wraps air currents around the body to nullify resistance and creates high pressure gusts to increase movement speed. Effect mediated by Sylph. Doubles AGI while active. Normal attacks will not miss if the target has lower than C rank AGI.

Earthen Defencer (Level 1)
A specialized combination spell utilizing reinforcement, alteration, and the infusion of the earth element. Converts the top layers of skin into a layer of lightweight and flexible carbon armor with durability comparable to a main battle tank. But without Gnome to provide the earth element and support the effect is reduced to simply lessening bleeding. Provides a slight boost to defense.

Water Flowing (Level 1)
A technique that combines martial arts with magecraft to allow the user to sense the flow of mana in the surroundings. By detecting disruptions in the flow, the movements and intentions of others nearby can be discerned. But without Undine to provide the water element and support the effect is nearly lost. Raises dodge rate slightly while active.

Blaze Edge (Level 1)
A simple technique that coats the user's weapon in high temperature flames. The lack of the fire element provided Salamander effectively prevents this technique from functioning.

RETURNER
A secret technique that captures, amplifies, and returns an enemy spell at double the original power. Can only be used against spells that have been fully analyzed.

Special

Seven Blessings

The Collective name for the ability gained by all Kurogami who have taken the Seven trials used as a rite of passage by the clan. A single blessing given by a single god from each of the seven pantheons that look over the Kurogami. In truth no one passes all the trials, so no one receives Seven blessings. The name is a catch all for the anywhere between one and seven that they may have. Due to a certain incident, all of the blessings are currently sealed.

Noble Phantasm

That Which Reflected the Sun

Yata Kagami

Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
Targets: 1
Range: 1-50

The legendary mirror which reflected the sun, and one of the three sacred treasures of Japan.

The effect of this mirror changes depending on the target.

If the target is an attack, an equivalent amount of force of opposite polarity will be released to nullify it, up to the rank of the mirror; If the attack is of higher rank the mirror will not activate.

If the target is an opponent, the users stats will be forcibly changed to match the targets, however the prana burden becomes significant if the target is superior by too great a degree. In addition, the user's skills are not changed by this effect.

If the target is the user of the mirror, it will reveal the user's true nature, thereby awakening the Origin of the user.

Emiya Kurou
March 17th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Upon arriving at the meeting at the end of the previous game, Ashur finds that most of the people who had previously agreed to help have packed up and left (The characters that don't get brought back). He along with the few that stayed (The characters that get brought back) get pulled back into the white room and watch as more people arrive (presumably due to the weirdness with time that the summoning caused, people are arriving in batches).

Ashur is planning to take everyone to a certain powerful, and more importantly knowledgeable, youkai who owed his thrice great grandfather a favor in order to find out how to get back to the proper year. When he tries to pull everyone out of the white room, He screws up (what is the male equivalent of goof up girl?) the minus on his luck kicks in and he finds himself standing in a summoning circle next to a servant, and later (After some frantic acting to avoid death) finds that he can't go more than one hundred meters from said servant without both of them suffering greatly. The others are in a similar situation to varying degrees.

Does this work better than the last idea?

Emiya Kurou
March 18th, 2014, 03:50 PM
I have decided to shelve this in favor of more original ideas for now.
The reasons for this include the general lack of interest, and the fact that my co-gm appears to have abandoned me, as I have been unable to contact him.
If anyone reading this finds themselves interested in trying to help salvage this wreck, feel free to pm me about it, otherwise this game is on an indefinite hold.