PDA

View Full Version : RWBY RP

HitokiriNanaya
March 29th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Welcome to my first RP That I've GMed, crosseffect doesn't count shhhhh

Below is a guide to building your Character and what the RP is about and how it works.

RWBY 100 Years Before (title pending)

The Story

Remnant, 100 years before Ruby took her first breath, mankind discovered Dust, a natural, mineable resource. Before the discovery of dust humans used Mana to fight, grow crops, and live. History textbooks tell us that mankind used dust to fight against the Grimm, creatures of the dark that pushed mankind to extinction.

They only cover up the truth, when mankind found dust and made it into the source it is, nature became angry and made Grimm to fight back against the human’s quick expansion against nature. Many humans took advantage of this chaos to manipulate and backstab their way to power. After the fighting stopped three kingdoms stood on top, and is a flimsy power balance has settled, but rumors of a country to the east gaining power by using Grimm has spread, and high manufacturing of Dust coming from that area.

Two teams of four people calling themselves hunters/huntresses are recruited and are sent to discover if the rumors are true.

Will you believe the truth? What are you fighting for?

Character Creation

So you think you can take on the world? Well you’ll need more than guts to take down the Grimm. You’ll need strength, speed, and luck if you wish to find out the truth. Below is a character sheet to find out.

Your character sheet will look something like this:

Appearance

Name:
Race: (Faunus or Human)
Appearance:
Background:

Stats
Strength:
Coordination:
Response:
Aptitude
Poise:
Stamina/Mana:

Other
Weapons:
Choose Mana or Dust
And starting Kingdom

Your Appearance is simply enough; describe what your character looks like, if you wish to post a picture, then you may. What your character looks like will have effect on the game, if you look scary, people may be intimidated by you. Being Faunus will have a little effect how people respond to you, the racism is not as high compared to the RWBY show.

Your Stats are also as it says, and will rank from E to A. Strength is how strong your character is the stronger you are the more damage you do through attacks. Your Coordination is how well you wield your weapon, and how well you can move around the battle field, the higher this is the more tricks you can pull off, and increase’s damage form your weapon. You dodging skill is also based off Coordination. Response is how well you respond to sudden events, changes in the environment, or to attacks in a fight, the higher this stat is the faster you react and respond to a given action. Also you’ll being able to spot smaller actions that may turn the tide of battle into your favor.

Poise is how hard you can take a hit without being having your fighting stance broken and becoming vulnerable to a critical attack, the more poise, the harder it is to have your stance broken and become vulnerable. Aptitude is your ability to use mana and manipulate it to create spells such as fireballs, or as a aura for a weapon, or another person, for a buff. Stamina is a set amount that decreases ever time an action is taken and regenerates over time, spells also take stamina to use, so long as you have Stamina you can cast and buff. If you run out of stamina you must wait a turn, making you an easy target, next turn you will have full stamina.

Starting out you have 2 C ranks, 3 D ranks and 1 E rank, to choose put in your six stats.
Ranking
E – is normal for most humans. 100 units of Stamina

D – is for trained human, people who do work hard in that field (modern hunter/huntress levels in RWBY). 210 units of Stamina

C – is the level most hunters/huntress. 330 units of Stamina

B – is experienced hunters/huntress they have seen battle and lived though fights with large amount of Grimm. 440 units of Stamina

A – is veteran hunters/huntress those who can go to hell and back refining this stat. 510 units of Stamina

S – near godlike, those who are legends among men. 700 units of Stamina.

DUST VS MANA

Well duh I’ll just go for Dust right; I mean that’s what they use in the show. Whoa cowboy/cowgirl, yes Dust is what they use in the show but there is both pros and cons to each.

Below are the pros and cons to each, think carefully.

DUST

Pros
-Yes Dust is the resource they use in the show and it works against Grimm very effectively, taking down tougher Grimm with ease.

-Does not use up Stamina, so if you run out of Dust you still have your natural Stamina resource to fall back on.

-Dust is a rarity in this age so selling some will fetch you some very nice coins.

-Dust is a natural resource and can be found in the wild in raw form to be taken to smith to make power or crystals.

-Dust has no cast time and can be used instantly for buffs or spells.

Cons
-Dust is a rarity so if you run low or run out it will be hard to replace the lost Dust so you’ll have to use it very wisely.

-Dust is expensive, so paying for Dust will cost a lot of coin.

-Dust is natural but you need to take it to smith first before you can use it, using raw Dust can cause explosions and damage to your party.

-No matter how high you Int, if you use Dust your natural spells will cost more Stamina and hit less hard than a non-dust users.

-Only certain people can use Dust right without it blowing up in their faces.

Mana
Pros
-Mana is natural and refills over time, you never need to buy something to refill your Mana, only stuff to make it refill faster.

-Mana can be used by everyone, and takes little or no training to use a simple spell, such as fireball or a Fire buff on a sword.

-Those with high Int can hit just as hard as those using Dust.

-Very flexible with usage, not bogged down to a type or class.

Cons
-Mana, in raw spells, doesn’t hit as hard against Grimm as Dust does if you’re not a pure spell user.

-Using Mana can tire you out quickly if you’re not careful and decide to use it all at once.

-Using Mana spells has a casting time.

-Must put time and effort into using Mana to make varying spells, and become more fluid with it.

Posting

Posting is very simple in free mode, anytime your not in a fight, you can post freely, just don’t over post, give other people or the GM time to react to your posts.

Include, Date, Time, Location and to whom you are directing the post and/or action to, example:

3/24/14
2:30PM
In Kansas City

“Hey get the hell out of my chair butt wipe!” I move to push the guy out of my chair

[Tries to push Blah blah blah out of chair]

FIGHTING POSTS

In fighting posts, you must make an action and wait for a reaction for the enemy before you can post again. If you are using an item, you must wait to get a reaction from the enemy. If you are giving someone else an item, it is used as an action post and must wait for a reaction before posting again. If you are being handed an item you can still use the item then make an action post.

BOSS FIGHTING POSTS

In Boss fights, posts will go in an order, if you make an action post, you must wait until everyone on your team has posted and the enemy has reacted to your post. When an enemy has targeted you for an action, you may post for a reaction. Your whole team gets to post once before the boss makes an action. Bosses only get one action, not four actions.

LEVELING

As you fight you six stats will increase over time. Mostly after boss fights you’ll be able to increase a stat by +. After increasing by three + you go up a letter grade and your stat and skills increase in that area. You can change how you play through out the RP, but you can only increase stats. So if you start as a fighter, and want to become a spell caster, you’ll have to devote all your points into Aptitude.

Locations

You will visit many locations over your journey, make sure to stop by towns to restock on supply and sell any junk you find and/or don’t need.

Teams will start at different points on the map and may even cross paths at one time or another. How you get to your goal is up to you, but be careful, get too excited and head for the main boss too early and you’ll be in a grave all to soon. Explore towns and listen in on rumors on where to go next.

You will start in one of the three kingdoms and will be sent to discover places; you’ll receive new locations by air mail after you’ve cleared a boss or area.

Kingdom of Vesper: This is the oldest of the three kingdom has lots of power and influence, starting in this kingdom gives you extra starting gold and extra gold for completing areas and bosses. The most war like of the kingdoms, the royal family is looking for any excuse to go on warpath. [Far Left point]

Kingdom of Moon: The most advanced kingdom, they have wonders and marvels to behold here, starting at this kingdom gives your weapons a boost in power and you can get better upgrades while on your travels. [Top Middle Point]

Kingdom of Steel: The newest of the kingdoms, they are the new guys on the map and have access to a very large Dust mine. Starting here will grant you more starting Dust and you can request to get more dust if you run out, but it will take time for it to reach you. [Middle Point]

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/Nanaya00/1000px-WorldMap_zps4a7c2454.png

The kingdom you represent is not fixed, if you wish you may change kingdoms to get a different perk from them, but do not think your old kingdom will sit back and not do anything from you betraying them, you will have assassins after you, it’s up to your team members to help you out and make enemies of the kingdom or leave you to your fate.

Missions well be given by birds and normally will come two or three days after an area is cleared. You can free roam the area after clearing it out or head back to town if you wish, or even head right to the next area, there is no instant travel so it may take two to four days to get from on place to another.

Weapons

This is the world of RWBY so go crazy on your weapons, sure to include whether your are using Dust or Mana to buff them or being used as bullets. Bullets are very cheap compared to Dust; you may use normal, Dust, or Mana bullets. Normal bullets will have little to no effect on Grimm are better used against people or getting around on the battle field. Dust bullets are very limited and are better used putting Grimm in the ground while Mana bullets are a combination of both, they don’t do as much damage as Dust bullets nor do they get you around as quickly as normal bullets but you never have to restock on them. Bullet types can be swapped out on the fly, only between normal, mana, and dust. Pistol weapons must use pistol ammo such as shotgun weapons can only use shotgun ammo, so on and so forth. Normal bullets can be buffed to get around faster or being an annoyance to Grimm. Also creating Mana bullets take Stamina but not much, you could create 100's of bullets and have over half stamina left if your C rank.

You can have a long range weapon turn into a sword, or just have a sword or gun and go spell caster it’s up to you. You have Slots on your weapons that you can had certain kinds of dust to, this dust can not be used normally and is only used to upgrade weapons it never needs to be refilled and is a one time use. The effect is permanent, but cannot be removed. Weapons also can break if not taken care of or used too often, they can be repaired when you visit a smith.

This guide is subjected to changes, editing, or add-ons (which will be $15 on XBL and $10 on PSN); any cheaters or rule breakers will be kicked from the game, so please don’t. What the GM says goes.

Eight Slots are open
1.(Soldat-der-Trauer Place holder only)

Since soldat, helped me making my guide from "Super shitty" to "not as shitty but still shit" he gets a place holder if he doesn't want to Co-GM.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2014, 08:32 PM
I'm highly interested.
What does Aptitude do, though?

ILurkNoMoar
March 29th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Definitely going to make a sheet for this. I can finally use that RWBY weapon design I've been saving!

SeiKeo
March 29th, 2014, 08:38 PM
I watched literally 4 eps total of ruby, let's go.

HitokiriNanaya
March 29th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I'm highly interested.
What does Aptitude do, though?

Fixed it, Aptitude is how well you manipulate mana and bend it to your will to create spells or buffs

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Fixed it, Aptitude is how well you manipulate mana and bend it to your will to create spells or buffs
Understood it was related, but glad to know details from the GM - thanks!
Now to look back through my convos with Soldat.

ILurkNoMoar
March 29th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Can our weapons switch between the types of bullets they use, or are they fixed?

HitokiriNanaya
March 29th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Can our weapons switch between the types of bullets they use, or are they fixed?

You can switch, but you'll have to switch magazines. You can only swap between normal, mana, and dust.

ILurkNoMoar
March 29th, 2014, 09:19 PM
You can switch, but you'll have to switch magazines. You can only swap between normal, mana, and dust.
Okay, good to know. Here are some more questions.

1) How does using Dust/Mana to buff our weapons work? Are they like runes that give a permanent boost to your weapon or something else?
2) Are Dust bullets made of raw or refined Dust? Does the dust being in crystal or powered form make a difference?
3) Is raw Dust more powerful than refined, but is just more unstable?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Sheet sent!
actually not playing as a faunus young man out to touch fluffy tail, but a human young man out to touch fluffy tail

HitokiriNanaya
March 29th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Okay, good to know. Here are some more questions.

1) How does using Dust/Mana to buff our weapons work? Are they like runes that give a permanent boost to your weapon or something else?
2) Are Dust bullets made of raw or refined Dust? Does the dust being in crystal or powered form make a difference?
3) Is raw Dust more powerful than refined, but is just more unstable?

Buff are temp, you have slots on your weapons for permanent buffs, they can do just about anything aside from one-hitting. Make your blade sharper for extra damage, add fire for elemental damage, make your weapon stronger so it doesn't break when it's close to breakage.

They are Refined. No difference

Raw is unusable by normal standards, you try and use it, it will blow up, when raw it's in a crystal form, however it's not useless if your smart about it.

Katie
March 29th, 2014, 09:54 PM
I thought the magic RWBY power source was Aura, not mana?

Unless stuff changed.

HitokiriNanaya
March 29th, 2014, 09:56 PM
I thought the magic RWBY power source was Aura, not mana?

Unless stuff changed.

Names change over time. It's 100 years in the past, they have different names for stuff.

Soldat der Trauer
March 29th, 2014, 10:09 PM
@Hito: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

I was typing out a PM reply b/c I only just saw it now!

D:

HitokiriNanaya
March 29th, 2014, 10:12 PM
@Hito: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

I was typing out a PM reply b/c I only just saw it now!

D:

Nothing is in stone yet

Soldat der Trauer
March 29th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Nothing is in stone yet

>"There's no need to rush, you have plenty of time."

>"I didn't say you had to, just that I wanted to! D: "

>POST OOC THREAD W/O TELLING ME

>APPLICANT QUESTIONS. QUESTIONS EVERYWHERE.

D:

ILurkNoMoar
March 29th, 2014, 10:25 PM
BTW, when is the sheet submission deadline?

HitokiriNanaya
March 29th, 2014, 10:37 PM
>"There's no need to rush, you have plenty of time."

>"I didn't say you had to, just that I wanted to! D: "

>POST OOC THREAD W/O TELLING ME

>APPLICANT QUESTIONS. QUESTIONS EVERYWHERE.

D:

NOTHING IS IN STONE

I'll be fixing the guide and look at sheets as the thread moves on, I wanted to do it on my weekends when I don't work rather than on a week day when I get off at 12 at night.

BTW, when is the sheet submission deadline?

none ye, I'll post if I ever have a dead line

Arch-Magos Winter
March 29th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Wait, can you play a muscle wizard?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Put all your points into Strength, Aptitude, and Stamina/Mana, then specialize in magic steroids?

HitokiriNanaya
March 29th, 2014, 10:41 PM

Wait what?

umm if you want to have muscles and do wizard stuff sure, but you won't be physical attacking that hard

Arch-Magos Winter
March 29th, 2014, 10:43 PM
No no no

I use my magic. To make myself punch like a fucking truck. The only spell I cast is FIST.

SeiKeo
March 29th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Muscle wizard is a really bad tg meme that is about doing magic by having lots of muscles, it's really bad.

e: ninjad, see, like I said.

Arch-Magos Winter
March 29th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Muscle wizard is a really bad tg meme that is about doing magic by having lots of muscles, it's really bad.

e: ninjad, see, like I said.
It's actually more a joke about the Cancer Mage build but whatever.

HitokiriNanaya
March 29th, 2014, 10:45 PM
No no no

I use my magic. To make myself punch like a fucking truck. The only spell I cast is FIST.

Yeah you could

Arch-Magos Winter
March 29th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Yeah you could
Sweet, now to binge on RWBY.

ILurkNoMoar
March 29th, 2014, 10:48 PM
I'm gonna play a komodo dragon faunus, with a very foul mouth.

Spooky
March 29th, 2014, 11:12 PM
I haven't done one of these in forever but this is soooo tempting...

EDIT: A couple questions about the sheet. Do we post it up here, or do you want a PM? Also, you mention having to choose between dust and mana, but that's not on the sheet. Is that something that will happen in game?

HitokiriNanaya
March 30th, 2014, 12:54 AM
PM please

You can just put on your sheet somewhere which on you prefer

Spooky
March 30th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Right. I'll have something in a bit. Hopefully it will be what you want.

EDIT: Took longer than I thought (the background kept growing) but I finally sent in a sheet. Thank god that's done, I can finally go to sleep!

But before that, one more thing.
Sheet sent!
actually not playing as a faunus young man out to touch fluffy tail, but a human young man out to touch fluffy tail
Rejoice, your wish may come true.

YeOfLittleFaith
March 30th, 2014, 01:24 PM

I didn't know the thread for this was up already!
Whelp, now I need to think about a character.

SeiKeo
March 30th, 2014, 01:27 PM
sent or sumshi

ILurkNoMoar
April 1st, 2014, 03:30 PM
Sheet sent, now I wait.

Soldat der Trauer
April 1st, 2014, 04:42 PM
As do we all...

HitokiriNanaya
April 2nd, 2014, 01:12 AM
Well I have enough for one team now...

ILurkNoMoar
April 2nd, 2014, 01:56 AM
Well I have enough for one team now...
Four person teams?

HitokiriNanaya
April 2nd, 2014, 01:59 AM
yep, one out of two teams can be filled

ILurkNoMoar
April 2nd, 2014, 02:11 AM
yep, one out of two teams can be filled
Do tell, I'm curious as to who got in. Or are you just saying that you've gotten four sheets so far?

HitokiriNanaya
April 2nd, 2014, 02:23 AM
I've gotten four sheets so far

Spooky
April 2nd, 2014, 03:49 PM
Well, if you don't get any more we could always start out with two sets of partners who eventually become a team of 4. *desperately thinking of ways to save the game*

ILurkNoMoar
April 2nd, 2014, 03:57 PM
Well, if you don't get any more we could always start out with two sets of partners who eventually become a team of 4. *desperately thinking of ways to save the game*
We have enough players for a team so we could start as we are.

Soldat der Trauer
April 2nd, 2014, 03:59 PM
More of an issue that there's apparently no set deadline, and little to no "advertisement" on top of that. Both factors combined mean some people who are interested are also gonna become lazy and wait until they ARE GOOD AND READY THANK YOU, or until they feel they need to haul ass.

*shrug*

And then there's school/work, but that doesn't count~

I3uster
April 2nd, 2014, 04:05 PM
if you guys need one more i can probably do something but i dont want to join some half npc team

HitokiriNanaya
April 2nd, 2014, 04:17 PM

We can do this with just one team no problem, I'm just waiting to see if anyone else joins

ILurkNoMoar
April 2nd, 2014, 04:19 PM
We can do this with just one team no problem, I'm just waiting to see if anyone else joins
Set a deadline then, people won't feel motivated to make a sheet quickly if they feel they can turn one in whenever.

I3uster
April 2nd, 2014, 04:20 PM
People usually call slots asap here, deadlines only get people to make sheets faster, not new people to join. Just fyi

Soldat der Trauer
April 2nd, 2014, 04:42 PM
People usually call slots asap here, deadlines only get people to make sheets faster, not new people to join. Just fyi

*That* also has something to do w/ the SAME people usually being the 1st responders when a new RP opens up who can call dibs. Even when they're already in other RPs as it is.

I3uster
April 2nd, 2014, 04:45 PM
Yes people in the RP section like to RP which is why they will usually join multiple RPs.

Though calling dibs doesn't really work anymore since we switched to merit-based selection (with consideration for newbies) in most RPs.

SeiKeo
April 2nd, 2014, 04:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tjoUSkE.jpg

Soldat der Trauer
April 2nd, 2014, 04:54 PM
Yes people in the RP section like to RP which is why they will usually join multiple RPs.

Though calling dibs doesn't really work anymore since we switched to merit-based selection (with consideration for newbies) in most RPs.

Thing is, if there are some members participating in multiple RPs to begin w/ --and let's face it, BL's turnover rate sucks utter ass-- then it's not quite fair for them to seriously be considered for admission when there may be other members just as or more interested but who face difficulties getting into even one RP simply b/c they're up against "more experienced" applicants.

But let's agree to disagree on this issue, lest this thread end up being host to a slew of arguments where we'll all end up figuring out we don't all see eye to eye, anyways. That'd be too disrespectful.

I3uster
April 2nd, 2014, 05:07 PM
It's also not fair for a GM to pass over people that provide things that are more productive towards a healthier RP in ways of good character concepts, posting rate and experience for people that do not. I advocate giving newbies a chance (which is something that happens frequently around here now, which is great) but I don't see a reason to be obligated to take in veteran players just because they are in fewer RPs than others. That should be the last thing to consider since it means nothing.

But yeah let's switch topic. If you get me another 3 guys for this second team I am in.

Katie
April 2nd, 2014, 06:46 PM
buster i will be your teammate friend

Emiya Kurou
April 3rd, 2014, 01:03 AM
I am trying to make a profile now, I am just having some problems figuring out my weapon, and the ammunition that goes in it.

*Just finished Marathoning sixteen episodes*

ILurkNoMoar
April 3rd, 2014, 01:12 AM
I am trying to make a profile now, I am just having some problems figuring out my weapon, and the ammunition that goes in it.
*Just finished Marathoning sixteen episodes*
Weapons can use all three types of ammunition, but you have to swap magazines to switch between them. As for figuring out a weapon I recommend decided what kind of combat style you want your character to use, then work from there.

Arch-Magos Winter
April 3rd, 2014, 10:08 PM
Man, I kinda want to marathon RWBY and then make some crazy chaingun trident thing

SeiKeo
April 3rd, 2014, 10:08 PM
Don't watch RwbY.

ILurkNoMoar
April 3rd, 2014, 10:10 PM
Man, I kinda want to marathon RWBY and then make some crazy chaingun trident thing
Do it, you know you want to.

Arch-Magos Winter
April 4th, 2014, 12:23 AM
Do it, you know you want to.
I'm actually probably doing something else and more crazy.

YeOfLittleFaith
April 4th, 2014, 12:39 AM
So, question, what is the general tech level of Vytal during the time of the RP anyways?

HitokiriNanaya
April 4th, 2014, 01:07 AM
So, question, what is the general tech level of Vytal during the time of the RP anyways?

Well they have swords firing bullets and transforming

Soldat der Trauer
April 4th, 2014, 01:48 AM

Just imagine Vision of Escaflowne, except w/o the mecha. ...Which means EVERYTHING IS RUINED~ D:

Arch-Magos Winter
April 4th, 2014, 02:02 AM
Aw yeah, idea approved. Now to get the stats all sorted out.

Emiya Kurou
April 4th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Can't decide between human and faunus, are half breeds allowed?

HitokiriNanaya
April 4th, 2014, 03:54 PM

no such thing in RWBY

Soldat der Trauer
April 4th, 2014, 04:01 PM

no such thing in RWBY

tl;dr The GM does not care b/c unlike canon, Fauna's place in society is not a major setting element here, so simplicity is best.

ILurkNoMoar
April 4th, 2014, 04:02 PM
no such thing in RWBY
Come to think of it will we ever get an answer as to the origins of the Faunus in this RP or will you wait until we get a canon answer? Also is there any advantage to playing as a Faunus or Human beyond aesthetics?

Arch-Magos Winter
April 4th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Night vision. And prehensile tails.

Soldat der Trauer
April 4th, 2014, 04:11 PM
In this RP, Fauna play just like Humans. No significant gameplay differences, last I heard.

HitokiriNanaya
April 4th, 2014, 04:16 PM
In this RP, Fauna play just like Humans. No significant gameplay differences, last I heard.

This

YeOfLittleFaith
April 4th, 2014, 04:29 PM
> RWBY Volume 1
> The main advantage the Fauna had in winning the war was the inherent night vision most of them have

> GM
> Lol nope no difference between fauna and humans

Sure. Okay.

HitokiriNanaya
April 4th, 2014, 04:32 PM
> RWBY Volume 1
> The main advantage the Fauna had in winning the war was the inherent night vision most of them have

> GM

Sure. Okay.

Little differences but not much. Night vision wont make that big of difference in this RP

Manly I'm staying away from Human vs Faunus cause I didn't want to cope paste the show and rather we do our own thing.

Soldat der Trauer
April 4th, 2014, 04:34 PM
> RWBY Volume 1

> GM

Sure. Okay.

You begin, I think, to see why I haven't yet made up my mind about staying consultant/co-GM or being a player.

:/

Emiya Kurou
April 4th, 2014, 05:32 PM
OK, so this might be a weird question, but why do we have to choose between Dust and Mana?

Is there an in story reason for it or is it a mechanics issue?

And does picking one mean that we will be entirely unable to make use of the other?

Soldat der Trauer
April 4th, 2014, 07:33 PM
OK, so this might be a weird question, but why do we have to choose between Dust and Mana?

And does picking one mean that we will be entirely unable to make use of the other?

The issue of "specialization" here is one of emphasis; you may in fact utilize both forms, but stat-wise may wish to do so more one type than the other.

Functionally, Mana spells/etc are like you using a pistol; might be weak, but you can afford to utilize it way more often since it's less intensive, so it's good for dealing w/ mooks. Dust, on the other hand, is your hand cannon or grenade power-up, something you have in reserve for bosses or when the situation gets...tricky.

Or at least, that's how Hito put it, before.

HitokiriNanaya
April 5th, 2014, 12:18 AM

Story and mechanics

HitokiriNanaya
April 6th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Lycodrake, Spooky, ILurkNoMoar, Arch-Magos Winter, and Counter Preacher are the only ones to have sent in sheets

Arch-Magos Winter
April 6th, 2014, 01:35 AM
>Ash-Magos

I am not a Magos Biologios of the Kanto Region.

HitokiriNanaya
April 6th, 2014, 01:42 AM
>Ash-Magos

I am not a Magos Biologios of the Kanto Region.

You sure?

Emiya Kurou
April 7th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Last question, my sheet is almost done.

Will Semblance be included, and is it OK to put one on my sheet?

HitokiriNanaya
April 7th, 2014, 03:27 PM
No, there will be no Semblances. BECAUSE, in this time frame of the RWBY, Mana is so easily used and manipulated, that anyone using Mana can do anything with hard work put into it. Like if a mana user wanted to create copies of themselves they could with enough hard work and time put into it.

If I had to compare this the Nasuverse world, this is Age of the Gods, and the show RWBY is right around modern times. I apologize if this was not made clear in the guide and I will fix it so.

HitokiriNanaya
April 9th, 2014, 11:40 PM
This Sunday, Character sheets need to be finalized and turned in, Soldat you need to decide if your GMing, or playing, you'll have till Tuesday for a character sheet if your playing. And next Wednsday I'll try to get the IC thread up and started.

Wing
April 10th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Can I still give my characte sheet or is this a First come first serve?

Soldat der Trauer
April 10th, 2014, 12:24 PM
@Wing: Merit. So send in a sheet if you've written one.

Wing
April 11th, 2014, 05:40 AM
@Wing: Merit. So send in a sheet if you've written one.

I PM my sheet to Hito but should I send it to you too?

HitokiriNanaya
April 11th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I PM my sheet to Hito but should I send it to you too?

No, Soldat hasn't decided whether he's Co-GMing or playing yet.

Wing
April 11th, 2014, 09:09 PM
No, Soldat hasn't decided whether he's Co-GMing or playing yet.
Kay so did you get char sheet and how is it?

Soldat der Trauer
April 12th, 2014, 01:40 PM
@Hito: co-GM, it is.

HitokiriNanaya
April 13th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Alright time to work on opening post then

Emiya Kurou
April 13th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Yay! It's gonna start soon!

HitokiriNanaya
April 16th, 2014, 12:45 AM
going to have to change the start time from tomorrow to this weekend, with my dad moving in all it hard to post anything

ILurkNoMoar
April 16th, 2014, 02:16 AM
going to have to change the start time from tomorrow to this weekend, with my dad moving in all it hard to post anything
I assume everyone who sent in a sheet got in?

HitokiriNanaya
April 17th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Yep, only seven were sent in so all got in, I sent them to soldat to have them reviewed, I didn't see anything wrong with them but nice to have a second opinion

Soldat der Trauer
April 17th, 2014, 12:17 AM
And I am making notes!

:V

HitokiriNanaya
April 17th, 2014, 12:19 AM
And I am making notes!

And you have to make bosses

Soldat der Trauer
April 17th, 2014, 01:56 AM
And you have to make bosses

Soon as you hurry up and tell me a story.

XP

ILurkNoMoar
April 17th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Soon as you hurry up and tell me a story.
XP
We hunt Grimm. The End.

JK.

Soldat der Trauer
April 17th, 2014, 02:34 PM
This setting...

My goddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

*cries in the corner*

I cannot believe Tumbler is so, so much more coherent than this.

HitokiriNanaya
April 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM
This setting...

My goddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

*cries in the corner*

Well that's why you're here, to help make it coherent.

ILurkNoMoar
April 17th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Is it really that bad?

SeiKeo
April 17th, 2014, 03:03 PM
RWBY is a trainwreck anyways, roll it.

Soldat der Trauer
April 17th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Is it really that bad?

Actually, yes. Yes it is. I can actually enjoy the random quibble the fandom on Tumbler puts out.

This makes me want to curl up under a blanket and hide from the world.

HitokiriNanaya
April 17th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Actually, yes. Yes it is. I can actually enjoy the random quibble the fandom on Tumbler puts out.

This makes me want to curl up under a blanket and hide from the world.

Well, we have little backstory about the world, save for, "humans discovers dust and then fights Grimm and now onto the story!"

So I had to make up backstory

Soldat der Trauer
April 17th, 2014, 03:13 PM
^Except it makes very little sense and contradicts a number of things canon has told us.

SeiKeo
April 17th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Man, this seems uh, kinda... man, isn't this the kind of thing you talk about with the GM, you know, in private? What's your, uh, what's your deal here? Kinda rude to just complain all over his thread.

HitokiriNanaya
April 17th, 2014, 03:19 PM
^Except it makes very little sense and contradicts a number of things canon has told us.

Except I told you I was changing up the lore

HitokiriNanaya
April 18th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Welp either Soldat is typing out a really long reply or we'll have to post pone opening posts again which I really don't want to do

HitokiriNanaya
April 22nd, 2014, 03:29 PM
This is going on hold while I work out kinks in the story. To make it better and more flowing rather than shoving stuff down your guys throats.

SeiKeo
April 22nd, 2014, 10:25 PM
R I P

Phearo
April 25th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Are the slots full now?/Or are you still accepting?/I would like to join

Soldat der Trauer
April 25th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Are the slots full now?/Or are you still accepting?/I would like to join

Read two posts above yourself: the GM is putting this on hiatus.

And there *was* a spot remaining; if you're still so interested, PM your sheet to him.

Phearo
April 25th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Read two posts above yourself: the GM is putting this on hiatus.

And there *was* a spot remaining; if you're still so interested, PM your sheet to him.

I..was a bit confused/I thought it meant we can't join/Thanks for the help though