PDA

View Full Version : Mcjon01 Translates Things

Pages : [1] 2

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 08:41 PM
I decided to make this thread to consolidate my translations of things in one convenient spot, so that I don't have to search for brackets anymore to figure out what I have and haven't done. And because I figured I can't just tease that I'm going to do it forever and never do it. So let's do it.

Dictionaries
Encyclopedia of Type Moon (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHObWRvV2tDUllYTjQ/edit?usp=sharing)

Question and Answer
KnK DVD Q&A 02 A Study in Murder (Part 1) (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHOTjh2NEhRTnZGTEE/edit?usp=sharing)
KnK DVD Q&A 03 Remaining Sense of Pain (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHOZVFFTTB2bVZfZEU/edit?usp=sharing)
KnK DVD Q&A 04 The Hollow Shrine (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHORVhWNzl2b2dIUnM/edit?usp=sharing)
KnK DVD Q&A 05 Paradox Spiral (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHOLVNFc0FqVU9XRGc/edit?usp=sharing)
KnK DVD Q&A 06 Oblivion Recorder (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHOdHpQcV9qX0RVU0k/edit?usp=sharing)
KnK DVD Q&A 07 A Study in Murder (Part 2) (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHOUEhPWlBLbWdhLWc/edit?usp=sharing)

That's all for now! Expect further updates in the future.

Changelog
2014/06/21: Fate/Zero material entries completed.
2014/06/12: Fate/side material entries completed.
2014/04/15: First post. Completed encyclopedia entries for the Tsukihime Dictionaries in the Tsukihime Data Collection, Plus Period, and the Re-act instruction manual. Miscellaneous Tsukihime entries and Fate/side material currently in-progress. Uploaded PDF versions of Kara no Kyoukai DVD Q&A's, modified with formatting similar to original pamphlets. (Original text version here (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4464-Kara-no-Kyokai-Movie-Pamphlet-Q-A).)

By the way, if you like what I do or just think I'm an unbearably super-cool guy, feel free to send me your cash at [email protected], with PayPal or Google Wallet. I'll 100% use it to cover vital living expenses such as video games and booze, and it will help ease the pain of Type Moon Wiki stealing all of this without asking! It's not my main mail account though so don't try to talk to me there. :)

Megas
April 15th, 2014, 08:44 PM
.....might bribery be able to extend this to the Blazblue Library Mode?

And I've played way too much Borderlands 2 lately since I read this entire post in Claptrap's voice

terraablaze
April 15th, 2014, 08:51 PM
I don't think McJon01 does BlazBlue.

Zenieth
April 15th, 2014, 08:52 PM
I like how your Mahoyo patch aint there.

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 08:56 PM
I actually want to do that if I can figure out how to take PS3 screenshots, but my biggest priority is getting all the way through EXTRA material. (Dictionary-wise I mean.)

- - - Updated - - -

I like how your Mahoyo patch aint there.
I'm not letting that and a thread begging for money come within ten miles of each other brah.

Kotonoha
April 15th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Neato.

Oblivion
April 15th, 2014, 09:00 PM
I actually want to do that if I can figure out how to take PS3 screenshots
PS button + START button.

Also, are you still translating Mahoyo? Can I ask you if you solved the line break issue and how?
I still don't get how KiriKiri arranges things there...

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 09:12 PM
By the way, if you download the dictionary PDF it's set up so that each letter heading is a bookmark for easier navigation.

Leftovers
April 15th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Pushing hard for Best BL Member of 2013. That encyclopedia is really sexy though.

bahamut zero
April 15th, 2014, 09:17 PM
- - - Updated - - -

I'm not letting that and a thread begging for money come within ten miles of each other brah.
Well, that's too bad.... *flushes 50$ down the toilet*

terraablaze
April 15th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Consequently, for Berserker (Heracles), Enkidu was an

even more troublesome Noble Phantasm than Excalibur.

Wow

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Well, that's too bad.... *flushes 50$ down the toilet*

That's okay, all the toilet money finds its way to me in the end anyway.

Megas
April 15th, 2014, 09:36 PM

Yeah, but that's toilet money.

Siriel
April 15th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Wow

I guess that bad end where he just smacks it aside didn't require it being weakened then.

bahamut zero
April 15th, 2014, 09:47 PM
You really want to touch money that went through spinach's living room?

Megas
April 15th, 2014, 09:48 PM
So does that mean the whole thing where Shirou says Rin Saber wouldn't even lose to Berserker is bull?

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 09:55 PM
>70 pages of Tsukihime translations
>Everybody just cares about Berserker

Wow, so sad Tsukihime.

Siriel
April 15th, 2014, 09:57 PM
I admire the fact that you bothered to include every version of each entries, including those that are just shorter versions of others.

Petrikow
April 15th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Not gonna lie, that dictionary is pretty beautiful.

Your formatting is simple but effective.

I3uster
April 15th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Didn't know there was actually official art of Keiko Arima.

Milbunk
April 15th, 2014, 10:03 PM
So this is what you've been up to, I have to say I'm impressed.

Crown
April 15th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Sometimes if something good happens she'll give Shiki a present to commemorate it

is this why that IchikoxShiki doujin exists

Didn't know there was actually official art of Keiko Arima.

You are no longer cool.

Leftovers
April 15th, 2014, 10:07 PM
What's great is that now ye olde Tsukihime lore can be sourced more precisely than "Moonlit World" or "lolPlusPeriod". Seriously impressive job.

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 10:09 PM
I admire the fact that you bothered to include every version of each entries, including those that are just shorter versions of others.

I did make sure to include the slight changes in wording when they were there, but thankfully Nasu likes to copy and paste almost as much as I do so that was pretty rare. Unless it's one of the ones that are just shorter versions of others except for, like, the entire last half is a random-ass story in one of them.

Crown
April 15th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Oh right, thanks for the hard work. I have some papers to write but I think I will neglect my studies for this.

I3uster
April 15th, 2014, 10:17 PM
also what shirou was inside a deployed version of riders blindfold or...what...i...huh?

terraablaze
April 15th, 2014, 10:26 PM
^
I've thought we've known forever that people can get spirited away inside Breaker Gorgon, Rider just usually targets her eyes.

Maybe the Tsukihime Remake will feature Len more prominently if they meant for her to be a sub heroine.

Siriel
April 15th, 2014, 10:28 PM
"Even after inheriting the position of number thirteen among the Dead Apostle Ancestors, he yearned for still more power, and became the phenomenon 'Tatari'."

So Zepia was already an Ancestor beforehand. I always thought he only became an Ancestor after becoming Tatari for some reason.

...Now that I think about it, it doesn't make much sense for him to become an Ancestor when he can only exist one night every once in a while.

terraablaze
April 15th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Incidentally, the giant cave-in after the epilogue of the Sakura route took several years to recover from.
…Also, as it turns out the primary reason for the cavern's collapse was not the disappearance of Angra Mainyu, but rather Rin's overenthusiastic rampage.
Way to go, Issei. To instantly recognize Rin as an enemy of Buddhism, you truly are worthy of being Ryuudou Temple's successor.
Amazing

I3uster
April 15th, 2014, 10:31 PM
People just like to become something different when they become ancestors to impress their peers. Like curses, birds or forests.

terraablaze
April 15th, 2014, 10:32 PM
>70 pages of Tsukihime translations
>Everybody just cares about Berserker

Wow, so sad Tsukihime.
I know I personally skimmed the Tsukihime entries because of all the repeats cause my eyes to glaze over. Also, it's Berserker.

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 10:33 PM
I know I personally skimmed the Tsukihime entries because of all the repeats cause my eyes to glaze over. Also, it's Berserker.
Such is the price of obsessive-compulsive thoroughness.

Siriel
April 15th, 2014, 10:36 PM
(...)
It is Archer's sole defensive armament.
(...)

HahahahahahaHAHAHA.

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 10:37 PM
"Even after inheriting the position of number thirteen among the Dead Apostle Ancestors, he yearned for still more power, and became the phenomenon 'Tatari'."

So Zepia was already an Ancestor beforehand. I always thought he only became an Ancestor after becoming Tatari for some reason.

...Now that I think about it, it doesn't make much sense for him to become an Ancestor when he can only exist one night every once in a while.
For some reason I never realized that the Tatari in Transylvania was literally the first one, and that he actually went there to make the contract under the crimson moon.

terraablaze
April 15th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Reality Marble [Ability]
Source: Melty Blood Act Cadenza PS2 Manual (2006-08-10), p.056
Tsukihime Dictionary
Intrinsic Field. Originally referred to the alien common
sense possessed by the beings called devils, but now also includes the unique boundary fields possessed by many people.
2006, people. 3 years after Fate/Stay Night.

Edit: oh wait, just noticed the 2004 entry has that as well.

I3uster
April 15th, 2014, 10:39 PM
It's become such a signature Nasuverse thing that he's just rolling with it now.

Megas
April 15th, 2014, 10:40 PM

Wow, that's pretty hilarious. Who the heck came up with that only 8 or 9 people schtick then?

Kotonoha
April 15th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Mcjon, stop trying to make "Sympath" happen.

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Mcjon, stop trying to make "Sympath" happen.

It's so fucking fetch tho.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been in every single entry since the first one.

terraablaze
April 15th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Well the very first entry from 2000 mentions as an aside that "some advanced practitioners" could maybe use something similar. So maybe that's the version everyone stuck with since the later entries are all Melty Blood things (edit: oh wait and Plus Period). Fate/Stay Night and one more Reality Marble shows up and no one thinks anything is strange yet.

I3uster
April 15th, 2014, 11:00 PM
What's so bad about Synchronizer. I am afraid of change.

Laith
April 15th, 2014, 11:02 PM
…Well, it was also due to the scenario director's foolish
blunder.
He knew that "arc-en-ciel" meant "rainbow" in French,
but he mixed up which word meant what, hahaha.
He only noticed his mistake a little bit before the Half-
moon edition went on sale, when he was listening to a
song by a certain band.
The song was titled "ciel", and was about the sky.
Honestly, it was kind of irritating, but at that point the
scenario was already complete, and changing Ciel's name
so late into development didn't feel right. In the end, he
just tried to push through and finish without thinking
about it too much.

Haha, this is great, thank McJon.

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 11:15 PM
What's so bad about Synchronizer. I am afraid of change.
I don't really care what you call it, I just changed it because Nasu said it's not synchronizing, it's a one-sided additive process where the practitioner adds their own energy to the target. So it's like:

Sympathy: feeling "for" someone, one-sided flow
Empathy: feeling "with" someone, flow goes both ways

Rockxas
April 15th, 2014, 11:15 PM
This is so beautiful. Thank you Mcjon, thank you so much. ;_____;

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Basically, if I'm putting in the work I have the right to be hipster with terminology when the fancy strikes me.

Siriel
April 15th, 2014, 11:20 PM
But no "masters of their domain"?

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 11:30 PM
I abandoned that so I could make a Watchmen reference.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I think the entry for chaos is my favorite in terms of sheer wut out of nowhere.

Siriel
April 15th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Yeah, it stands out a lot.

Rafflesiac
April 15th, 2014, 11:49 PM
If you're wondering what an entry like this is doing in

this encyclopedia, it's because he got name-dropped in

one of the routes, during a conversation between

Arcueid and Ciel.
This happened? I missed that completely.

Mcjon01
April 15th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Ciel Route (True (Or Good? I forget. Double parentheses!)) after Ciel comes back from headquarters with the Black Barrel.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, definitely Good.

Lianru
April 16th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Oh hey those dictionary entries that I was going to translate.
Good thing I never actually started on them.

Thank you! 8D

Spinach
April 16th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Sion [Person]
Source: Tsukihime Dokuhon Plus Period (2004-10-22), p.180
Tsukihime Dictionary
Full name, Sion Eltnam Atlasia. An alchemist from the Atlas Institute, one of the three great branches of the Association. Melty Blood's guest heroine. Her trademarks are herpurple uniform and long braid, and her weapons are Etherlite (a nano-scale filament) and the Barrel Replica (an imitation of the "Black Barrel").

Melty Blood's guest heroine.

guest heroine

guest heroine

sup terra?

http://i.imgur.com/rkjoYNp.png

Rockxas
April 16th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Crimson Lord techniques huh... Guess if there's a Tsukihime 2 and Akiha appears we might see a new tier of her power...

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Kouma uses them.

Siriel
April 16th, 2014, 12:53 AM
They're called setting people on fire and punching them, aren't they?

Rockxas
April 16th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Kouma uses them.
Where is that mentioned? The games' stories, their move lists, or supplemental materials?

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Where is that mentioned? The games' stories, their move lists, or supplemental materials?

Move lists. Kouma's Another Arc Drive has the "Crimson Lord" tag instead of Dokkaku, and they also gave him two Crimson Lord moves on his fake move list in the third popularity poll.

- - - Updated - - -

They're called setting people on fire and punching them, aren't they?

...Yes.

Rockxas
April 16th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Hmm, I see. I still hope to see Akiha use a Crimson Lord tech at some point on a powerful enemy like one of the 27 DAA, perhaps even with an actual freezing effect. Once again, thank you for the translations Mcjon.

You
April 16th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Originally she was the girl offered up as a sacrifice during the creation of the Seventh Holy Scripture, but
after her death she merged with the holy beast used as
the scripture's foundation and ended up with her current
form.

Damn, so unicorn was a divine beast. I wonder how they killed it and also what it was doing outside the backside of the world a few hundreds years ago.

Sherrinford
April 16th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Kudos to Mcjon for his work, it really looks neat.

terraablaze
April 16th, 2014, 07:03 AM
sup terra?

He also claims that Tohno Shiki has a personality and that he isn't an asshole in Not Proto-Tsukihime. And that the Root has nothing to do with the story. And that there are no magi in Tsukihime.

Damn, so unicorn was a divine beast. I wonder how they killed it and also what it was doing outside the backside of the world a few hundreds years ago.
I thought I remember it dieing of some sort of mysterious natural cause. Not that I have any idea how that would work.

Kotonoha
April 16th, 2014, 07:40 AM
I like how some entries have an image and then they have the exact same image again but taken from a different scan.

Also want any help with this? (not money you can't have my money)

Nihilm
April 16th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Mcjon, you are a good man

terraablaze
April 16th, 2014, 08:34 AM
If I have a complaint, it's that McJon01 continues the terrible tradition of calling oni demons. I don't even know where mirror moon got that terrible idea. If you think people's heads are going to explode by learning about foreign folklore at least call them ogres like everyone has for the past century since they possess actual similarities with ogres.

Kotonoha
April 16th, 2014, 08:46 AM
The blood of Shrek runs through Akiha's veins.

(I agree with you though)

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I call oni oni. I call mixed bloods demon hybrids, because mixed blood started sounding pretty racist, but I'm not going to call them oni hybrids when they aren't all mixed with oni.

I also went with devil for akuma and demon for ma, just so there would be less examples of everything being demons.

Lianru
April 16th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Why leave only oni untranslated?

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Because we live in a magical era where people have played enough video games to know what an oni is.

Kelnish
April 16th, 2014, 09:04 AM
People also know what domo arigato means. Are you going to just not translate that too?

Kotonoha
April 16th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Eh, it's probably okay to leave oni as oni for the same reason we can say chupacabra instead of goatsucker or sasquatch instead of whatever sasquatch means.

��

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Mostly, if it has an English Wikipedia page it's fine how it is, unless I don't like it. That's my motto.

terraablaze
April 16th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I feel there still has to be a better word to use for half bloods than demon. Because no one is going to get there's a difference between demon and devil without having that explained to them.

Nihilm
April 16th, 2014, 09:26 AM
I feel there still has to be a better word to use for half bloods than demon. Because no one is going to get there's a difference between demon and devil without having that explained to them.

Well anyone who has ever played DnD is going to treat those two as different.

mAc Chaos
April 16th, 2014, 09:26 AM
a DUNPEAL

wait wrong series

The seeking seer
April 16th, 2014, 09:38 AM

Yeah I agree with that, as a avid gamer of D&D video games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale...
There's really a big difference between Devils and Demons, yeah they're both evil in a different level. Devils being lawful Evil and Demons are Chaotic Evil.

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 09:46 AM

I mean, it basically comes down to how you want to translate plain 魔, since Red Demon God makes it pretty clear that "mixed blood" is referring to people who have some kind of 魔 or another in their lineage. I was thinking monster for a bit but that didn't feel as nice. Demon is way more distortion in nature-y.

terraablaze
April 16th, 2014, 09:52 AM

Yeah I agree with that, as a avid gamer of D&D video games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale...
There's really a big difference between Devils and Demons, yeah they're both evil in a different level. Devils being lawful Evil and Demons are Chaotic Evil.
Except these two things aren't two sides of the same coin that wage eternal war for basic cosmological reasons. And for everyone who hasn't, demons and devils are the same thing (hence the terms being interchangeable in Digital Devil Saga).

SeiKeo
April 16th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Except these two things aren't two sides of the same coin that wage eternal war for basic cosmological reasons.

Funnily enough this is actually true in D&D.

terraablaze
April 16th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure I understand your statement so I'm just going to clarify that in Dungeons and Dragons demons and devils are both evil outsiders that fight each other because law and chaos oppose each other just as hard as good and evil and in Nasuland what McJon01 is calling demon hybrids are in no way related to what he is calling devils and they don't fight each other.

Vagrant
April 16th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Probably because it isn't D&D.

terraablaze
April 16th, 2014, 10:11 AM
That would be the point I'm trying to make.

Maybe magical hybrid would work?

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Plus demons and devils really are the same thing, so why shouldn't I use synonyms? Demon = any distortion in nature. The Church just has specific terms for them based on whether they're related to humans or not.

Vagrant
April 16th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Mixed breeds can be called Distortion-Fucker Offspring then, for all it matters.

terraablaze
April 16th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Plus demons and devils really are the same thing, so why shouldn't I use synonyms? Demon = any distortion in nature. The Church just has specific terms for them based on whether they're related to humans or not.

I don't think oni are actually distortions in nature so much as they just don't fit into the Church worldview at which point you may as well call vampires, magi, and Divine Spirits demons as well.

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I don't think oni are actually distortions in nature
Red Demon God says they are. Explicitly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if I were to put out a wild guess, I'd say that oni would be considered true devils under the Church's terminology. Maybe.

terraablaze
April 16th, 2014, 11:08 AM
But one is a Phantasmal race akin to elementals and the other is made up of hypothetical elements that might not even exist. I just don't really see how they're similar at all.

- - - Updated - - -

魔獣 - Majuu
A general term for those animals that do not belong to any normal species heirarchy. As is the case with creatures of fantasy in general, their bodies have to be at least possible in an organic sense.
The older they are, the stronger. Get past a certain age and they advance up in the ranks.
Broken down into four categories: monstrous beasts, mythical beasts, holy beasts, and divine beasts (both holy and divine may actually be the same). The only ones that can be used as familiars are the monstrous-type.
The majority of monsters are chimeras and while there are still monsters living in uncivilized lands, mythical beasts and those of higher rank have shifted outside of the (probably perceptual) world because of those very characteristics.
Mythical level creatures can't be harmed by the mere likes of common thaumaturgy. Even an Excalibur cloaked in an Invisible Air (from a weakened Saber) can't normally break through the dragon-level type of defense put up by Rider's pegasus.
Also includes oni and dragon types.

悪魔 - akuma
AKA, incarnated pandemonium or true demon.
NOT one of the phantasm races, but passive entities whose materialized forms are not biologically possible.

McJon01, please be explaining. Is arai just wrong here?

Lianru
April 16th, 2014, 11:37 AM
unless I don't like it
owob

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 11:38 AM
You did it. I said it was a wild guess but you took it seriously anyway. That was just based entirely on the hard to understand distinctions the Church is making between 悪魔 and 真性悪魔, and vaguely similar language about 鬼 being pure 魔 from the very start.

What I know for sure:
There are many different kinds of 魔.
鬼 are 魔.
鬼 are 魔獣 are 幻想種.
悪魔 seems like something used by the Church, or at least used mostly in reference to the Western conception of good/evil and angels/devils, while 魔 seems like a more general worldwide concept.

You
April 16th, 2014, 12:11 PM
I thought I remember it dieing of some sort of mysterious natural cause. Not that I have any idea how that would work.

Originally created by felling a miraculous beast said to consume souls, then using its horn as a key.
It fell.

mAc Chaos
April 16th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Clearly you should just use Majin and Akuma.

terraablaze
April 16th, 2014, 12:44 PM
It fell.

It's been so long since I read kagetsu tohya but I seem to remember her actually meeting the unicorn as it was dieing. Maybe Nasu unicorns are super orthodox and you can actually easily kill one using a pure maiden as bait.

Blastedspider
April 16th, 2014, 05:29 PM
You did it. I said it was a wild guess but you took it seriously anyway. That was just based entirely on the hard to understand distinctions the Church is making between 悪魔 and 真性悪魔, and vaguely similar language about 鬼 being pure 魔 from the very start.

What I know for sure:
There are many different kinds of 魔.
鬼 are 魔.
鬼 are 魔獣 are 幻想種.
悪魔 seems like something used by the Church, or at least used mostly in reference to the Western conception of good/evil and angels/devils, while 魔 seems like a more general worldwide concept.
This made me realise.
If Demons are truly alien beings from different world and Oni is a type of Demon... Does it mean that Hybrids are basically Nasu's equivalent to Deep Ones/Human hybrids from Lovercraftian role?

It's been so long since I read kagetsu tohya but I seem to remember her actually meeting the unicorn as it was dieing. Maybe Nasu unicorns are super orthodox and you can actually easily kill one using a pure maiden as bait.

Probably this. Also, are we positive that Holy Beast = Divine Beast?

Anyway, great work McJon.

Spinach
April 16th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Nasu isn't right about his own things

This is the BL fallback for when you lose an argument decisively. You're better than this my friend.

Tobias
April 16th, 2014, 05:42 PM
akiha's power probably exceeds even a rampaging arcueid.

good frikken LORD

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 05:52 PM
This is the BL fallback for when you lose an argument decisively. You're better than this my friend.
They weren't even particularly good points seeing as how the root being mentioned once or one character being a former magus that never used magic once in the story, doesn't mean that those things have nothing to do with Tsukihime, which is about vampires and oni, not magi and metaphysics.

- - - Updated - - -

And also they are literally just ads for KnK and FSN, so.

Rockxas
April 16th, 2014, 05:53 PM

good frikken LORD
Only if she inverts, and that's probably 30% (or weaker) Arc it's talking about.

Tobias
April 16th, 2014, 05:54 PM
...mcjon, am I somehow misreading this that akiha during kohaku's route was probably stronger then arcueid?

cause. um.

LJ3
April 16th, 2014, 05:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLr0R_54TBk @2:16

It died before Nanako was sacrificed to fuse with the nature spirit that the horn became. Doesn't say why or how it bought it. So, it could still be in line with what You posted.

Tobias
April 16th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Only if she inverts,

and IIRC she counts as having synchronized having attacked kohaku. the point stands.

and that's probably 30% (or weaker) Arc it's talking about.

so I assume, that still places current, not theoretically future level, current Akiha sympathed (sure, we can use that word, why not.) with kohaku as 4 frikken servants level power or thereabouts and I have to be misunderstanding this somehow cause wut.

Rockxas
April 16th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Eh, maybe Nasu was half asleep when he wrote that. Or maybe Inverted+Synchronized Red Lord Origami, which can engulf and plunder a whole school, is actually really powerful.

Nihilm
April 16th, 2014, 06:07 PM
so I assume, that still places current, not theoretically future level, current Akiha sympathed (sure, we can use that word, why not.) with kohaku as 4 frikken servants level power or thereabouts and I have to be misunderstanding this somehow cause wut.

That sounds awesome.

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Probably not actually stronger than Arcueid since Origami is supposed to be an instant kill and the most it can do is tie her down. But that version of Akiha is essentially Crimson Red Vermilion (Shiki notes the mirage-like haze at one point), and she's running on a combo of sympathy boosts, no life drain from SHIKI, and vampire traits/power from Roa. It's super broken. Probably at least Kouma-tier if not more.

- - - Updated - - -

So thank goodness it was dark I guess.

Tobias
April 16th, 2014, 06:15 PM
...huh.

well now that I think about it in AC IIRC red akiha's route kohaku decides she has had enough of arc's bullshit so she simpaths with akiha and trolls her into moving against arc. But I had just assumed that was lol fightan game stuff as opposed to something whih verged on the realm of the plausible.

...my gast is pretty well flabbered here.

Mcjon01
April 16th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Hey, there's a reason Arcueid and Akiha were the last two standing in the beach volleyball episode.

terraablaze
April 16th, 2014, 06:24 PM

Nasu has been wrong about genetics before, so I therefore purpose he can be wrong about what constitutes a main character. All the evidence you've put forth just decisively proves he thinks Tohno Shiki is the main character of Melty Blood because of his own bizarre standards.

Tobias
April 16th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Hey, there's a reason Arcueid and Akiha were the last two standing in the beach volleyball episode.

I just assumed that was because they were the sexiest there so stayed up the longest due to fanservice. On an unrelated note, people should be voting for you in the poll more

Mcjon for president.

Siriel
April 16th, 2014, 07:00 PM
I just assumed that was because they were the sexiest there so stayed up the longest due to fanservice. On an unrelated note, people should be voting for you in the poll more

Mcjon for president.

What poll?

Rockxas
April 16th, 2014, 07:06 PM
The Beast's Lair's 2014 member popularity Best BL Member of 2013 (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4874-BEST-BL-MEMBER-OF-2013-POLL) poll

Frostedflakes
April 16th, 2014, 07:32 PM
wow! i mean WOW! its so organized (and so much material)
*bows*
thank you for this bontiful translation harvest mcjon

hinode
April 16th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Bow [Nickname]

Source: Tsukihime Data Collection (2000-12-31), p.030

Tsukihime Dictionary

Ciel's alias within the Burial Agency.

The name comes from the fact that her Christian name

is Ciel, and she's the only person in the Burial Agency that

fights using firearms.

Are the words for bow and gun interchangable in Japanese, or does Nasu just have a really strange definition of what constitutes a "bow" (and for that matter, an "archer")?

During the development stage of Re-act, there were

actually two versions of Mecha Hisui: Real Type and

Super Type. The Super Type would have had stuff like a

rocket punch, a super radio wave tornado, and even an

erupting god finger. I really hate that we weren't able to

use it. Maybe next time!

Super-type Mecha Hisui in next Melty Blood please please please

Also interesting to learn that Kirishima didn't make up the Big O references himself in the manga. His taste is still perfect for actually working them into Act 2.

You
April 16th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Probably this. Also, are we positive that Holy Beast = Divine Beast?

I am Zero Animation Materials positive.

yuji--chan
April 17th, 2014, 02:38 AM
sup terra?

http://i.imgur.com/rkjoYNp.png

HAHAHAHAHHA Guest Heroine! That was funny.

aldeayeah
April 17th, 2014, 05:30 AM
\o/

Blastedspider
April 17th, 2014, 05:58 AM

Maybe it meant Berserk Arcueid?

Arcueid when she's rampaging around in a frenzy. You can catch a glimpse of this in the Ciel Route, though it seems she still had enough composure to recognize Shiki.

I am Zero Animation Materials positive.

What does it say exactly?

Siriel
April 17th, 2014, 06:08 AM
The Beast's Lair's 2014 member popularity Best BL Member of 2013 (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4874-BEST-BL-MEMBER-OF-2013-POLL) poll

Haha, Mcjon went from 18 votes to 27 in less than a day.

Daiki
April 17th, 2014, 06:21 AM
It's that period in your life when you're popular with neckbeards, jon.

The seeking seer
April 17th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Funnily enough this is actually true in D&D.

Yep, Devils and Demons had a hobby of waging wars among themselves, I kinda think they really enjoy this sort of stuff?!

You
April 17th, 2014, 11:53 AM
What does it say exactly?

Bulls that pull godius wheel are divine beasts. While in F/Z they are called Holy Beasts.

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Technically that doesn't mean they're the same thing, it just means those particular beasts are both. :p

terraablaze
April 17th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Maximum :nasu: achieved.

You
April 17th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Technically that doesn't mean they're the same thing, it just means those particular beasts are both. :p

Well if that is true.
Remember the whole CM3 spcheel?
If the interpunct was a comma, then it went Phantasmal Species (Millennium Class Phantasmal Beast, Holy Beast). However the Magical Beast hierarchy is Magical -> Phantasmal -> Divine. So then if Holy Beast is separate, it's a classification of a 1000 year old Phantasmal Species; however, it is not a Magical Beast.

If the interpunct was a definition, saying the definition of a 1000 year Phantasmal Beast is a Holy Beast, it'd be even worse because that'd mean Holy Beasts are Phantasmal Beasts. And God Bulls are not.

Also seriously, the line in F/Z weapons page and the one in animation materials is exactly the same other just that they switched holy beast to divine beast. So I'm inclined to believe they're the same thing.

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Also seriously, the line in F/Z weapons page and the one in animation materials is exactly the same other just that they switched holy beast to divine beast. So I'm inclined to believe they're the same thing.

Or maybe they were just correcting a mistake!

terraablaze
April 17th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Maximum :nasu: achieved.

repeating_bears.jpg

Lianru
April 17th, 2014, 02:24 PM
repeating_bears.jpg
tbh, it's the mindset that creates the least headache.

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Updated, all the Servants are done now.

Siriel
April 17th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks!

Though he lost due to obsession against Saber...
Though he lost due to pride against Shirou...
Though he lost due to carelessness against XXXXX...
...the fact of the matter is that if he gets serious, he is a Servant that cannot be rivaled

I like how Nasu predicts internet arguments in his notes.

Also, lol, it wasn't just the ashes. He just likes that particular coat that much.

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 10:34 PM
I couldn't decide if the blank was supposed to be a generic stand-in for whatever, or just Nasu censoring the shadow, because honestly he's pretty weird about what he is and isn't willing to say plainly in the super-spoiler "you were supposed to play the game first dummies" manual.

- - - Updated - - -

But mostly I'm almost completely sure it's the shadow.

Siriel
April 17th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I figure it's the shadow too.

But it's more amusing to think of it as a "whoever".

Tobias
April 17th, 2014, 10:47 PM
And there goes me thinking it was "Sakura"

You know, because spoiler.

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Sakura is the shadow.

Tobias
April 17th, 2014, 10:52 PM
That's just bollocks, Sakura is not the shadow, she is just a wonderful person who is being manipulated and nothing is her fault

Leftovers
April 17th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Erm, I think there's a clear distinction to make between Sakura and the shadow that is controlling her.

edit: Dammit Toby.

Tobias
April 17th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Hahahaha, that was a fun ride.

Rafflesiac
April 17th, 2014, 10:57 PM
This training was responsible for turning Shiki into a

transcendent killer every time he was backed into a

corner during Tsukihime… somehow.
AHAHAHAHAHA

Leftovers
April 17th, 2014, 10:57 PM
BTW McJon, CharaMat is sitting right there with brand new scans if you want to add anything else to the Encyclopedia. Just saying

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 11:01 PM
BTW McJon, CharaMat is sitting right there with brand new scans if you want to add anything else to the Encyclopedia. Just saying

I don't!

(The stretch goal is: finish side material --> zero material --> zero animation materials --> CCC secret garden --> extra material, ain't got room for no stinkin' not-dictionaries)

Tobias
April 17th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Skip the zero shit.

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Sorry, I'm looking forward to wiki diving through all the gun entries to make sure I don't make any mistakes, it will be a much needed change of pace from Tsukihime's BUDDHISM! fetish. (I'm looking at you, Kouma...)

terraablaze
April 17th, 2014, 11:04 PM
If the stage of this Holy Grail War were anywhere but

Japan, he would be a shining existence on par with

Heracles and King Arthur.
When haters act like there's no way Lancer could be that good.

Rafflesiac
April 17th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Don't skip the Zero stuff. Or anything, if possible.

LJ3
April 17th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Sorry, I'm looking forward to wiki diving through all the gun entries to make sure I don't make any mistakes, it will be a much needed change of pace from Tsukihime's BUDDHISM! fetish. (I'm looking at you, Kouma...)

How strong is the Buddhism with Kouma?

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Don't skip the Zero stuff. Or anything, if possible.

btw the CCC and Extra stuff will never happen, those entries are a billion miles long, I just put them there to give you false hope.

Rafflesiac
April 17th, 2014, 11:14 PM
btw the CCC and Extra stuff will never happen, those entries are a billion miles long, I just put them there to give you false hope.
0/10 Vote for best BL member rescinded.

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 11:15 PM
How strong is the Buddhism with Kouma?

Jambudvīpa Inferno [Technique]
Source: Melty Blood Act Cadenza PS2 Manual (2006-08-10), p.058
Tsukihime Dictionary

Kishima Kouma's Arc Drive.
Though it bears a striking resemblance to Tohno Akiha's Arc Drive, the nuance is completely different. In Akiha's case, the opponent is merely mistaking the feeling of having their heat stolen as a burning sensation, while in Kouma's case both they and the surrounding environment are actually being consumed by hellfire.
The name Jambudvīpa comes from Buddhism. It is the southernmost of the four island-continents surrounding Mount Sumeru in the Desire realm Kāmadhātu, and the place where humans live. Basically, another name for Sahā-lokadhātu, the endurance world.

So short, and yet literally half of it is a mini-lecture on Buddhist cosmology.

Rafflesiac
April 17th, 2014, 11:17 PM
…That said, you know the game is never getting made,

right?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Crown
April 17th, 2014, 11:29 PM
I don't!

(The stretch goal is: finish side material --> zero material --> zero animation materials --> CCC secret garden --> extra material, ain't got room for no stinkin' not-dictionaries)

I am with Tobias here, skip the Zero stuff.

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 11:33 PM
I am with Tobias here, skip the Zero stuff.

Fine, I'll just skip everything and translate the serious, non-joke entries from Chronophantasma instead:

Mr. Tartar
ターターさん

A highly intelligent insect.
Though some say that Mr. Tartar created human civilization, there is no scientific basis for this belief.
Everything about him is a mystery.

Tobias
April 17th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Eh, still a step up.

I mean, its always good to have random sources. In this case, this seems like a nice Tartar source.

Mcjon01
April 17th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Kagemaru
影丸

The name of the dog Bang used to own.
Bang thought of Kagemaru like a little brother, and Kagemaru adored Bang as a big brother in turn.

What happened to Bang's doge? :(

Tobias
April 17th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Nobody knows, though since its theorized he went out for a walk with his master, we at least know that poor dog

*puts on shades*

Went out with a Bang!

Siriel
April 17th, 2014, 11:40 PM
He died of sadness when he learned that Library Mode wouldn't get translated.

Lianru
April 17th, 2014, 11:51 PM
where

Frostedflakes
April 18th, 2014, 01:40 AM
where

(http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1675-The-Type-Moon-Miscellaneous-Thoughts-Thread?p=1496168&viewfull=1#post1496168)http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1675-The-Type-Moon-Miscellaneous-Thoughts-Thread?p=1496168&viewfull=1#post1496168
courtesy of paitouch :)

(someone please translate this tho i would love to know more from it)

Crown
April 18th, 2014, 02:34 AM
What do you want translated?

mAc Chaos
April 18th, 2014, 08:47 AM

We can only find out by seeing more translations.

Kotonoha
April 18th, 2014, 10:02 AM
I thought arai or someone translated character material stuff years ago, what's left?

terraablaze
April 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM
McJon01, don't listen to these people. I need more material to taunt Milbunk with and I don't think Tobias has even played Blazblue.

Mcjon01
April 18th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I thought arai or someone translated character material stuff years ago, what's left?
Teenage Miyako info? Comments about rough sketches? I dunno, what we have is kind of patchy iirc.

terraablaze
April 18th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Character Material was before arai did full translations regularly and just told people what was in it. McJon01 wants it all official like I imagine.

Leftovers
April 18th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Ya, arai did summaries. I was kinda curious to see the exact wording on some entries, but Zero stuff is fine too.

Kotonoha
April 18th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Could have sworn arai actually translated those things though.

If anyone has requests for something from CM I can do it because they're pretty short but retranslating something that's been done already would be a pain (thought nobody would have done Brainwasher Detective, looked it up, someone already did)

Tobias
April 18th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Mcjon did the dictionary one if that counts. Mcjon is doing it a whole lot better then dribbled through randomly in conversations as the situation warrents, though in arai's defense that's better then nothing.

Leftovers
April 18th, 2014, 11:58 AM
If anyone has requests for something from CM I can do it because they're pretty short but retranslating something that's been done already would be a pain (thought nobody would have done Brainwasher Detective, looked it up, someone already did)

I'd ask for Merem, but he has quite a bit of text. So, Arika/Kaie or Mr. Dawn pretty please?

Junky
April 18th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Mcjon will ascend to the Throne of Heroes upon his death.

Crown
April 18th, 2014, 12:28 PM
So, Arika/Kaie

There's nothing interesting on them, trust me.

Kotonoha
April 18th, 2014, 12:32 PM
^he's right

Ishizue Arika
A demon user [? I don't know shit about DDD] who is always listless, and self-tormenting, yet positive.
Has chronic memory defects. A protagonist who isn't in the centre of things. A weak being who can't live unless he's alone.
He'll approve of most things, but shows disapproval towards the act of dividing one thing into two.
After his arm was eaten, he lost the psychological reaction of "intimidation", so he goes wandering into situations that anyone could tell are dangerous.
Basically, he has the stereotypical protagonist disposition that causes him to wind up involved in trouble that he doesn't need to be concerned with.
In every chapter, he is the key to the beginning of the incidents.
After he's been used we're finished with him, so let's put him back in the pocket and forget about him-----

Source: DDD
Protagonist of DDD. Not the protagonist of every chapter.
Aiming for a pleasant sulkiness, he still lives day-to-day while spewing insults.
His basic concept is the same as Avenger, one of the main characters of Fate/hollow ataraxia, but they aim in completely opposite directions. If Angra is a person who aims outward, then Arika aims inward.
fascinating

(this is the problem with CM, if there's any interesting info it's already been extracted, what's left isn't very interesting)

Crown
April 18th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Yeah, that's why I asked but was blatantly ignored ;_;

KitsuneKo
April 18th, 2014, 12:51 PM
What is a Mcjon01 anyways?

Megas
April 18th, 2014, 12:53 PM
What is a Mcjon01 anyways?

He's a dood who reads Japanese stuff and can translate it into English.

In more commonplace terms, he is a rune reader.

KitsuneKo
April 18th, 2014, 12:56 PM
It's not some kind of rare animal species I figured it as? ;(

Leftovers
April 18th, 2014, 01:22 PM
There's nothing interesting on them, trust me.

^he's right

What if I told you new light has now been shed on my understanding of Arika's character?

aldeayeah
April 18th, 2014, 01:29 PM

a.f.a.i.k. the ORT/Notes entries never got full translations, and we totally need those because POWAHLVLZ.

Lianru
April 18th, 2014, 01:36 PM
I'll do it once school is out, maybe.

terraablaze
April 18th, 2014, 01:46 PM
This is a reminder Lianru, if I don't see the Canaan scenario translated come June I'm coming for ye womenfolk.

Lianru
April 18th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Canaan might actually take longer because I don't have my impure runes source to cross-check. Chara material is easier lol.

Crown
April 18th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I probably should try teenager Miyako's info, but I doubt someone cares about her. Could someone that has downloaded the scans post Miyako's page, please? Too lazy to get the whole thing.

Mcjon01
April 18th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Done with the Armament, Organization, and Sorcery subheadings. Now I just have to decide what I want to do first, the obnoxious number of "Other" entries, or the equally obnoxious number of "Person" entries!

Polly
April 19th, 2014, 06:10 AM
I wanted to read through it all first before commenting.
Well, this is amazing! While the repetition gets a bit tiresome sometimes, it's all still very neat, very easy to browse, and most of all - all that nice stuff is in one place.

Thanks so much McJon. :)

a.f.a.i.k. the ORT/Notes entries never got full translations, and we totally need those because POWAHLVLZ.

Well, the Notes page (http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/walachia/tmyougo/notes.html) is relatively short, and even the good ol' Google Translate does a decent job at translating the stuff.
But yeah, it'd be great if it got translated. Ado Edem and Witch Swift Umbrella are a go?

This is a reminder Lianru, if I don't see the Canaan scenario translated come June I'm coming for ye womenfolk.

Seconded.
I'll bring some pitchforks and other sharp objects with me.

aldeayeah
April 19th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Well, the Notes page (http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/walachia/tmyougo/notes.html) is relatively short, and even the good ol' Google Translate does a decent job at translating the stuff.

Well, most of that stuff isn't from Character Material, and most of the Notes stuff in Character Material isn't there.

Index of Character Material entries, by category:

Mahoyo/KnK
Aozaki Aoko: 8-9
Kuonji Alice: 10-11
Aozaki Touko: 24-25

Tsukihime (the dark six, DAAs)
Barthomeloi Lorelei: 16-17
Prelude I: 18-23 - already translated in Moonlit World (scenario) / foodworld (encyclopedia)
Mr. Dawn: 34-35
Prelude II: 36-39 - already translated in Moonlit World (scenario) / foodworld (encyclopedia)
Gransurg Blackmore: 54-55
Merem Solomon: 56-65
Prelude III: 66-69 - already translated in Moonlit World (scenario) / foodworld (encyclopedia)

Notes
V/V: 28
Godo: 29
Slash Emperor: 30
Ado Edem: 31

Fate
Lord El-Melloi II: 40-41
Mordred: 42-43
Saegusa Yukika: 46
Kanshou&Bakuya Overedge: 53
Rough (HA Sakura, Rin, Maid Saber, Bedivere, Bazett, Caren, Kid Shirou, Kid Sakura): 74-76

DDD
Ishizue Arika: 50
Karyou Kaie: 51-52

AU/joke stuff
Protosaber+Protogonist: 12-15
Brainwashing Detective: 26-27
Phantas-Moon: 32-33
Kaleido Ruby Schweinstein: 44
Illyasviel von Einzbern: 45
Sister/Chinese Honey (Miyako): page 47
Magical Amber 48-49
Arima Miyako: 72
Master Panda: 73

Misc
Designer commentary: 77

(many of the lore-heavy entries are paraphrased/summarized in fuyuki too, but no straight translations AFAIK)

aldeayeah
April 19th, 2014, 03:37 PM
I probably should try teenager Miyako's info, but I doubt someone cares about her. Could someone that has downloaded the scans post Miyako's page, please? Too lazy to get the whole thing.
k.

http://i.imgur.com/A3VApIV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/14Pp1bP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fn1qfsK.jpg

Nihilm
April 19th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Good job Mcjon with all the new additions

Polly
April 19th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Yeah, good job.

Now go translate Mahoyo!

:p

Mcjon01
April 19th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Yeah, good job.

Now go translate Mahoyo!

:p

I'm sure all this review of Nasuland mechanics has been very helpful toward understanding things happening in Mahoyo making it easier to translate or, uh, something. Yeah.

Riesbyfe
April 19th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Just go and translate it now.

Mcjon01
April 19th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Wow, rude.

TomPen94
April 19th, 2014, 07:25 PM
If we do a "Best BL Member Ever" poll, he might just do it.

koyuukekkai
April 19th, 2014, 07:53 PM
So Mcjon was a (very) good person after all?
Thanks a lot.

Crown
April 19th, 2014, 09:59 PM
k.

http://i.imgur.com/A3VApIV.jpg

Already translated this one ages ago.

SISTER&CHINESE HONEY
Cap Girl
Class: First-year, class B.
Affiliated to: Super Aikido Club, Unexplored Cuisine Research Society
Dislikes: Discussing about love, female seniors.
Favorite foods: Chinese dumplings, Bright-red Mapo that she ate somewhere, someday
Disliked foods: Supplements, Bright-red Sandwich that she ate somewhere, someday
Hobbies: Baseball, Soccer, Kung-fu (may I add for the sake of curiousity, that the reading [written in katakana] for Kung-fu here was in chinese)
Aspirations: Open a shop of delicious chinese food
Respected/worthy people for her: Master Panda
Blood type: O
Birthday: May 4.

Source: Spinning TM
??? (Nasu had the time to think of this persona but did not have the time to come up with a description for this)

Mcjon01
April 20th, 2014, 04:45 AM
Did I translate tonight? NO, I DRANK VODKA.

Nihilm
April 20th, 2014, 08:20 AM
That is the true way Mcjon

terraablaze
April 20th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Should have played video games instead, than you could have passed it off as getting into the Nasu mindset.

Mcjon01
April 20th, 2014, 09:29 AM
But Dark Souls 2 doesn't come out until next week?

Tobias
April 20th, 2014, 09:32 AM
oh god, is that true? there is a dark souls sequel being released?

...see, I told you tsukihime remake was a lie.

Kotonoha
April 20th, 2014, 09:36 AM
らっきょも終わったし、具体的には週五月姫・週二Fateぐらいの割合。ホントだって。
……ホロウの収録とかEXTRAまわりとかあるけど、そこはそれ、一週間を九日ぐらいに増やせればなんとか ……なる……さ……

◆
「そうは言うけどよキノコ! もしダークソウル2が出ちまったらどうするんんだい!?」

「その時は―――笑ってごまかすさぁ」 ばきゅーん。

Mcjon01
April 20th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Hey, Nasu already got it last month with all the other console guys, and he already said he was working overtime through the beginning of the year to make up for the loss from DkS2.

Tobias
April 20th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Rakkyo be done, and the proportion of about two Fate May princess, week, week in particular. Even really.
...... It is such as EXTRA around such as recording of Hollow, but there is ...... ...... to become ...... somehow if Fuyasere to about the 9th it, one week

"Why do not got to Dark N Seoul 2 When Chima~tsu out if mushroom! But I'll say so?"

The Bakyun "Now cheat laughing --- at that time."

Rakkyo be done, fool!

Mcjon01
April 20th, 2014, 09:53 AM
I like when Google makes avant garde poetry.

terraablaze
April 20th, 2014, 10:01 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5034430464/h8EABA20E/

Altima of the Gates
April 22nd, 2014, 02:05 PM
And there goes me thinking it was "Sakura"

You know, because spoiler.

Well that time it was, but the discrepancy still stands, since that was the first time she was actually present, and the other times were just a projection where she was seeing through her familiars eyes as it was walking around. You know, like it was shown she was able to do in the route itself. So technically, until that point, the two were separate entities, or she would have more cut up clothing, be totally drenched, or smashed to pieces at other points.

Its kind of why I raise my eyebrow when people say the Realta Nua voices spoiled things. Anyone could guess the connection, but the nature of the connection was what was important. It was to add to the mystery.

terraablaze
April 22nd, 2014, 02:29 PM
I guess if your familiar does it, you do it as far as Nasu is concerned.

Altima of the Gates
April 22nd, 2014, 02:36 PM
Pretty much, it is her familiars and magic whatever spin one wants to put on it. Familiars are essentially pieces of you.

Mcjon01
April 22nd, 2014, 03:31 PM
BTW I'm almost done with characters but my Sakura translation is as loose as the girl herself.

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2014, 08:20 AM
Also, though their personalities are similar, Tohno Shiki

is still a child compared to Mikiya.

Why don't you also throw him under a bus and back over him a few times for good measure?

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 08:24 AM
Well it's true, Mikiya is legally an adult you know and Shiki hasn't reached the age of majority even in Melty Blood.

aldeayeah
April 23rd, 2014, 08:33 AM
Hey, Shiki has a "all characters in this game are >18" disclaimer to prove his age. I don't think Mikiya ever got that treatment.

TomPen94
April 23rd, 2014, 08:52 AM
Hey, Shiki has a "all characters in this game are >18" disclaimer to prove his age. I don't think Mikiya ever got that treatment.

But lame excuse to justify teenager sex is lame...

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2014, 09:16 AM
Well it's true, Mikiya is legally an adult you know and Shiki hasn't reached the age of majority even in Melty Blood.

He's like, two years older. I suppose two years means a lot more at that age but that's still pretty harsh based on my knowledge of what most 19 year olds are like.

Edit: actually wait, I thought in Japan you legally became an adult at 21.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay it seems like it's 20, so Mikiya is still not an adult for most of the story unless I missed his 20th birthday.

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 09:19 AM
It's Nasu's whole "emotional strength > physical power" thing. Mikiya has no super powers so he compensates by being super mature.

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 09:22 AM
Well that's actually the answer, but I still feel like he must have turned 20 at some point over KnK's confusing timeline.

Polly
April 23rd, 2014, 09:36 AM
Well that's actually the answer, but I still feel like he must have turned 20 at some point over KnK's confusing timeline.

I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in either Overlooking View or Remaining Sense of Pain that he's 19, and his birthday is December 20th, so...

Tobias
April 23rd, 2014, 09:58 AM
oooh, characters are almost done, oh boy, lets check taiga.

nooooo

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 10:00 AM
Oh I haven't actually updated it yet because I hate the Matou family.
Wait, actually Shinji's is really easy to understand, I just hate Sakura nevermind.

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 10:03 AM
Why what's hard to understand in Sakura's.

Tobias
April 23rd, 2014, 10:03 AM
why she was made a heroine.

ZING!

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 10:07 AM
Why what's hard to understand in Sakura's.

I dunno, just, like, one sentence, I'm being melodramatic.

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 10:16 AM
why she was made a heroine.

ZING!
(☞゚∀゚)☞

Also Zouken's is like one sentence too mcjon, don't blame the entire family for Sakura's faults.

Jacktheinfinite101
April 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM
I dunno, just, like, one sentence, I'm being melodramatic.

Why not ask for help here or in the TL thread?

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM
I asked him if he wanted any help ages ago, he did not respond, Mcjon is a lone wolf.

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 10:49 AM
I asked him if he wanted any help ages ago, he did not respond, Mcjon is a lone wolf.

I didn't see it. :V

Anyway it's just the first part of the line that's all 皆さんご存知の通り、受け身に見えてやる時とことんやる、本編中もっとも色仕掛けの似合う女の 子 that's tripping me up. Well, that and I keep waffling on how to handle the Hariti comparison.

Tobias
April 23rd, 2014, 10:52 AM
oh come on, thats an easy one

As you know, do it thoroughly when I'm going to look to passive, the child of a woman to look good most of the Venus flytrap in this story

embrace the venus flytrap mcjon. thats something that passively waits for meat to come close to it, then traps it between two moist folds and squeezes the juices out of it for nutrition and also presumably pleasure.

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 10:53 AM
As everyone knows, she seems passive but when she does something she does it thoroughly, and is the most suited to using seduction to reach her goals out of all the girls in the story.
^ I guess?

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
Herpa derpa, thanks for shattering the mental block I had where I was trying to process 見えてやる as a compound verb now it's super obvious.

Also please don't make fun of me this kind of idiotic parsing error is chou-hazukasii orz wwww.

Altima of the Gates
April 23rd, 2014, 01:13 PM
All these barbs, grrr.

Anyway:

@McJon - People make mistakes, its not accepting and admitting that which hurts you more than failure ever could. Compound efforts are better overall.

bahamut zero
April 23rd, 2014, 01:21 PM
Hey guys, mcjon's stuff would look good on the beast's lair wiki :neco_arc:

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 01:31 PM
Herpa derpa, thanks for shattering the mental block I had where I was trying to process 見えてやる as a compound verb now it's super obvious.

Also please don't make fun of me this kind of idiotic parsing error is chou-hazukasii orz wwww.
Nah that sounds like an understandable mistake. I won't make fun of you unless your errors become truly ogre-like.

Hey guys, mcjon's stuff would look good on the beast's lair wiki :neco_arc:
At least it looks pretty good on the TM wiki :(

Paitouch
April 23rd, 2014, 01:35 PM
Ogre-like is now the BL thing to refer to translations that're... yeah.

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 01:58 PM
At least it looks pretty good on the TM wiki :(

I like how they just added what I've done to what food has already done, and used all the names provided by aldeayeah, despite the fact that literally the only reason I'm doing all this myself is for consistency.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, they find-replaced "sorcery" with magecraft, but left "sorceries" alone so far; it's a hot mess.

Nihilm
April 23rd, 2014, 02:08 PM
We really need our own wiki

You
April 23rd, 2014, 03:29 PM
Ogre-like is now the BL thing to refer to translations that're... yeah.
This is the greatest achievement of my life.

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 03:38 PM
By the way, I went ahead and updated the doc with the character entries I'm done with; I'll get around to Ayako, Issei, Luvia, and Justeaze later.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried my best to get across the fact that Shinji is actually just Arihiko with better hair.

Rockxas
April 23rd, 2014, 04:07 PM
Oh man, those Matou entries.

Shinji: He values rules (but he doesn't follow them himself), he hates injustice (if he's not the one responsible), and he is kind to women (excepting "his" women, of course). As you can see, he's clearly a pretty cool guy.

Zouken: A freaky old bug man. The end.

Rafflesiac
April 23rd, 2014, 04:13 PM
She can count on the fanatic vote, right?
Isn't it sad, Sakura~n?

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 04:18 PM
By the way, I went ahead and updated the doc with the character entries I'm done with; I'll get around to Ayako, Issei, Luvia, and Justeaze later.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried my best to get across the fact that Shinji is actually just Arihiko with better hair.

You're doing the lord's work, son.

Altima of the Gates
April 23rd, 2014, 05:43 PM
A devilish woman with a maternal instinct eh...
Hmm. What an odd way to describe someone.

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 05:48 PM
It's kind of similar to how he described Jinan now that I think about it. And I mean, what do you expect when he's drawing parallels to Hariti, a goddess/demon that raised up her children by eating everybody else's? :p

Altima of the Gates
April 23rd, 2014, 06:42 PM
It did get me to wiki stuff about Hariti (the stuff about Hariti's conversion to Buddhism possibly being anti-Zoroastrian propaganda gives some delicious insight to Nasu's frame of mind here), but after the connections you see from Urobuchi and Takeuchi with similarities to Aoi and Medusa's reasonings toward her loyalty, it didn't particularly surprise me. What was amusing was the pamper a man and then ruin him part. I chuckled at that, since she seemed the type to reel you in and then henpeck you to death. All in all, I can't disagree with it.

But thank you for this, I learned quite a lot.

Zenieth
April 23rd, 2014, 06:56 PM
question about the B. Arc entry.

Which is the complete lie? That she's the manifestation of Arc's Bloodlust? Or That she no longer needs blood?

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 06:57 PM
The latter.

Zenieth
April 23rd, 2014, 07:05 PM
Also did the Bloodsucker entry basically confirm chupacabras as things?

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
Maybe. Or maybe it just meant vampire bats, or Mosquitos lol. Fucking South America, man, everything drinks blood down there.

Tobias
April 23rd, 2014, 07:17 PM
you know its interesting inui arihiko is a womanizing bro but either in KT or tsuki (cant remember) he complains about shiki being really good with women when he isnt getting any play.

EDIT: Just as caster felt affection for Caster, so to did kuzuki find meaning in Caster. surprisingly d'awww

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 07:26 PM
It's funny because at the beginning of Tsukihime Arihiko was ribbing Shiki for never interacting with women so hard he thought he must be gay. I guess suddenly having supermodels tripping over themselves left and right to get at your dick is a major confidence booster.

Tobias
April 23rd, 2014, 07:30 PM
to be fair I might be misremembering the line slightly and it wasn't shiki was good with women as he is at being covered in them. On the other hand maybe not, rape mode aside, shiki can be surprisingly smooth at times.

more so with ciel and the maids though, with arc he is a total tsundere and his relations with akiha are a category of their own.

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2014, 07:58 PM
You claim to be Tobias, but you haven't commented on the Taiga entry yet. Reveal your identity to me, imposter!

Tobias
April 23rd, 2014, 08:02 PM
Still organizing my thoughts. Interesting that she was conceived as a proper onee-chan type. My joy in that she wasn't, thus giving us the unrivaled star of fate we got is tempered by the fact that I actually like onee-chan types and thus would have been interested to see what onee-taiga would have been like.

...maybe it's a case where it's impossible to lose? EX ranked luck indeed!

Laith
April 23rd, 2014, 09:03 PM
Perhaps Shirou appreciated Shinji's honesty despite his
foul mouth, because afterward they became friends.

Though Shinji often made fun of him, in the shadows
he socially assassinated anybody that took advantage of
Shirou, and frequently invited him over to his house to
hang out. It seems they really were close.

Shinji always sounds like a cool guy and it's a pity you never see that in F/SN

Riesbyfe
April 23rd, 2014, 09:14 PM
True bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Still organizing my thoughts. Interesting that she was conceived as a proper onee-chan type. My joy in that she wasn't, thus giving us the unrivaled star of fate we got is tempered by the fact that I actually like onee-chan types and thus would have been interested to see what onee-taiga would have been like.

...maybe it's a case where it's impossible to lose? EX ranked luck indeed!
Taiga's quiz in HA states her own opinion. You should consider them.

Tobias
April 23rd, 2014, 09:28 PM
Haven't seen the translated version of that, waiting on jack's partial.

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 09:28 PM

You get to see it in Hollow! (in like two scenes

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2014, 09:36 PM
Believe in the power of ufotable's extra scenes! A new age of Shinji respect will arrive!