PDA

View Full Version : Seeking any idle VN patchers!

Kam-Kun
July 1st, 2014, 01:15 AM
So I'm a (moderately) avid fan of Visual Novels, and I've read a fair number of them and would really like to spread the joy that they bring me to all my friends.

Now that being said, not all of my friends take too kindly to the idea of playing "Hentai games", despite all of the ones I've bothered finishing having amazing story lines regardless of the H-scenes.

There are some good ones with Nudity-free patches/15+ versions already released (some examples: Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, Kagetsu Tohya, G-Senjou no Maou) but I want to be able to share even more than these. I know that there is a slew of talented people on this forum, a fair number of which could easily produce a patch that lowers the age rating of these games to at least 16+.

If I knew how to code/edit VNs or whatever, trust me I'd do it myself (I can't imagine replacing HCGs with black screens to be all that difficult honestly) but alas I don't so I've turned to you guys. If any of you promising individuals want to let a brother share the joy brought by Grisaia no Kajitsu before its (99% likely) horrible anime adaptation comes, then I beg of you, lend me your strength! I know this is a selfish thing to ask someone to take time out of their life to do but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained right? And who knows maybe one of you can link me somewhere I can learn to do it myself.

Anyway this has gone on long enough. Here's Yumiko.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2lsk1es.jpg

Petrikow
July 1st, 2014, 04:36 PM
I'd recommend reaching out to gamecreater16.

Daiki
July 1st, 2014, 04:42 PM
You refuse mosaics? Are you crazy, it would be like seeing hentai pictures!!

I3uster
July 1st, 2014, 04:59 PM
Hacking difficulty changes a lot with VN engine, just ask the people that tried to insert translations into rGUP games.

Your best bet is trying to contact the original translators of the respective projects rather than hoping that somebody learns to dance with a strange new engine from the scratch.

Petrikow
July 1st, 2014, 05:23 PM
bluh bluh (http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Kirikiri2_for_Translators)

Kam-Kun
July 1st, 2014, 07:00 PM
Your best bet is trying to contact the original translators of the respective projects rather than hoping that somebody learns to dance with a strange new engine from the scratch.

That was my first attempt, sadly Koestl (The guy who was in charge of Grisaia no Kajitsu) got hired for official translations so he's a tad busy these days, but maybe I should see if any of the other team members can help.

Kam-Kun
July 1st, 2014, 07:16 PM
bluh bluh (http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Kirikiri2_for_Translators)

I don't think Kikiriki would work for Grisaia, as all the extensions in its archive files are .INT files, not xp3. Then again, I could be wrong.

*Update*
Yeah as i thought, I tried it and when i tried to open the image.int file it just gave me xp3 ja nai and whatnot.

Cruor
July 1st, 2014, 11:05 PM
I know Nagato answers a lot of questions on hacking (and has even done a lot of random things for other projects and made a lot of the hacking tools).

Mcjon01
July 1st, 2014, 11:09 PM
That was my first attempt, sadly Koestl (The guy who was in charge of Grisaia no Kajitsu) got hired for official translations so he's a tad busy these days, but maybe I should see if any of the other team members can help.

Looks like this Doddler (http://www.doddlercon.com/main/?p=171) guy was the one responsible for most of the engine hacking anyway. From a quick Google search, at least.

Kotonoha
July 1st, 2014, 11:13 PM
More importantly someone tell me how to hack Liarsoft's RScript. Uh, no reason.

SINIB
July 1st, 2014, 11:29 PM
More importantly someone tell me how to hack Liarsoft's RScript. Uh, no reason.
Get an axe

Petrikow
July 2nd, 2014, 09:22 AM
I have a bunch of decryption tools lying around in my VN folder.

susie32
xp3tools
CrassUI

I don't even remember what I used them for so I'm not sure what they work with, but maybe worth checking out.

Kam-Kun
July 2nd, 2014, 04:17 PM
I know Nagato answers a lot of questions on hacking (and has even done a lot of random things for other projects and made a lot of the hacking tools).

Who is this Nagato you speak of and where can I find him

Cruor
July 2nd, 2014, 11:17 PM
Head of Amaterasu Translations. He's the channel owner of #ammy where he usually is.