Lancelot x Rafflesiac (Rafflesiac)
DRMW-WWWW-WWWA-BECF

Finals (2)
Lancelot x Rafflesiac (Lancelot)
NKVG-WWWW-WWWA-BEYF

Losers Bracket

Mattias x FlameStrike (Mattias)
FlameStrike forfeited

Meh x Heart of the Star (Heart of the Star)
Meh forfeited

Round 2
Rafflesiac x Mattias (Rafflesiac)
BC5W-WWWW-WWWA-7W8D

Kaiza x Heart of the Star (Kaiza)
XTYW-WWWW-WWWA-6TQH

Round 3
Rafflesiac x Kaiza (Rafflesiac)
F8NG-WWWW-WWWA-7DXS

Semifinals
Ferio x Rafflesiac (Rafflesiac)
Ferio forfeited
Colors List

http://i.imgur.com/Tu3gyxY.png

http://i.imgur.com/2kJYrVZ.png

Let's go to the Rules:

Basically, you can only use Pokémon that are the same base color. For Pokemon that seem to have more than one dominant color, refer to this list of Pokémon by color (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color) to clear things up.
The actual color of the Pokemon will count, not the shiny. For example: If your color is Red, you can use Charizard or Shiny Charizard. However, if you're going to use its mega form, you won't be able to use Mega Charizard X, since it's Black, only Mega Charizard Y.

Platform: 3DS

Battle Mode: Double

Each participant may take 6 Pokemon, but will only be able to use 4 of them

Banned Items:

Soul Dew

Banned Pokémon:

Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-N, Dialga, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom.

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Such as:

A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.
Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.
OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
Pokémon may be up to level 50.

About the finals:
The winner will face the losers brackets' winner in a best of 3 games, but he will have an advantage of 1 game. If the winner of the losers brackets manages to defeat his opponent, there will be another best of 3 games match, but this time, none of them will have a head start nor advantages.
So, the matches losers won't be totally out until they lose at the losers brackets.

Dates:

You may subscribe to this tournament until August 27th 2014, by sending me a PM or by replying to this thread, so I'll update the main post with the confirmed players and then use a randomizer to decide the confrontations + color for each player.
The tournament should begin on October 10th 2014, so you'll have more than a month to breed your teams and whatever else.

*Due to some problems with a few participants, the begin date has been postponed so other participant could join and have time to build a team, and shall begin on Oct 10th instead of Sept 27th.

The winners of the first games will advance to the quarterfinals and the losers will play among each other in the losers bracket.

You may have three days to settle your battle for each stage of the tournament, and then send me the battle code via PM. I'll update the main post after watching it.

Notes:

These three days are for any unforeseen situations, commitments and similar things you may have, not to breed anything while you're making your opponent wait for your willingness to battle;
Don't forget to send me the battle code via PM instead of posting it here, or you'll be exposing strategies, both yours and your opponents'.

Prizes (Click the Links for Pictures):

1st Place: Event Shiny Jirachi (http://i.imgur.com/ZEnlGrC.jpg) from Kalos - Modest Nature, 6IV.

2nd Place: Xerneas (http://i.imgur.com/qUNn4FF.jpg) from Kalos (obviously) - Timid Nature, 5IV -Attack.

3rd Place: Since new megas were presented: Shiny Audino (http://i.imgur.com/UvkS8qP.jpg) from Kalos - Impish Nature, 5IV -Special Attack.

Congrats for the winners and thanks for participating, guys!

Rafflesiac
August 18th, 2014, 11:23 PM
I'd like to join!

Megas
August 18th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Tempted, if I had my new job tied down I'd join, but things are still a little up in the air for now.

I might join later on if I get a firm job offer before the deadline.

Rafflesiac
August 18th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Bulbapedia doesn't mention the colors of Megas in the provided link.

Can we decide on their colorations here and now for reference?

Artee
August 18th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Can we decide on their colorations here and now for reference?

Yep, however, only Charizard X really changes color.

Mattias
August 18th, 2014, 11:48 PM
I joined the last one, so I'll join this one too.

Lancelot
August 18th, 2014, 11:50 PM
It really doesn't matter for the megas I guess, since you need to first use them without being a mega, so technically you need to be able to use the mon.
I think I might join.

Artee
August 19th, 2014, 12:01 AM
It really doesn't matter for the megas I guess, since you need to first use them without being a mega, so technically you need to be able to use the mon.

Only in Charizard X's case, yes, it matters.

Lycodrake
August 19th, 2014, 07:52 AM
I'm definitely interested!
[edit]
Though I hope I get Black, since I already have 3 near-competitive Pokemon of that color.

Heart of the Star
August 19th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I'm in. I am a total noob but even so! Come at me bros. :p

Artee
August 19th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Yay~

Welcome.

Heart of the Star
August 20th, 2014, 07:42 AM
I have a question though. In the rules you mentioned that the max level was 50 does the game mode automatically set the levels down to 50 if they are above or is it a stop training them at 50 thing? I have not done much online play at all.

Artee
August 20th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I have a question though. In the rules you mentioned that the max level was 50 does the game mode automatically set the levels down to 50 if they are above or is it a stop training them at 50 thing? I have not done much online play at all.
Don't worry if your Pokemon levels are higher, the game automatically sets them down to 50!

Heart of the Star
August 20th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Excellent. That helps with stuff. How's the organising going anyway? Or are you being hindered by a lack of confirmed participants?

Artee
August 20th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I actually gave a bit more than a week for participants to subscribe to this challenge, and some of the users who would probably join still didn't see it's up. In the previous challenge I had like 9 participants and it was very good! So, if I have at least 9 people, it'll be good

Megas
August 20th, 2014, 12:42 PM
It's not that I don't want to, like I said, it's mostly related to my job hunt not leaving a lot of certainty about the next month or so.

Artee
August 20th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Sure, don't worry about that, TheMegas, I'll organize more tournaments in the future!

Meh
August 20th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Can I join?

Artee
August 20th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Sure, why not? And welcome~

Meh
August 20th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Thanks. Do we get a new colour every match or do we stick with one through the entire thing?

Artee
August 20th, 2014, 05:47 PM
It'll be the same color for the entire thing, however you can change your team if you have other Pokemon to battle

Meh
August 21st, 2014, 09:47 AM
BTW, on weekdays I'm only available to play from 5-10 AM GMT -5.

Rafflesiac
August 21st, 2014, 10:30 AM
Ah, we still have Sleep Clause here.

Smogon Doubles instead of VGC Doubles, then?

Artee
August 21st, 2014, 11:43 AM
There are Smogon rules, even if I don't like Smogon. Because it's stupid when someone tries to put every pokemon of the other team to sleep. Sleep Clause is the rule I support the most.

Heart of the Star
August 21st, 2014, 11:46 AM
That would be annoying. But to be honest I find confusion causing moves and attract far more of a pain. that said though I think the rules you've put up are good and make sense so no complaints here.

Artee
August 21st, 2014, 11:50 AM
Well, unless you use a move like Confuse Ray, that the only purpose is to leave others confused, we have some moves like Dynamic Punch, Confusion and other things that MAY leave the foe confused besides the damage, so if your Pokemon hurts itself in all the 5 turns it's under confusion.. I'd call this bad luck haha

Rafflesiac
August 21st, 2014, 11:50 AM
I'm fine with that.

In case I get green, I know what not to do.

Artee
August 21st, 2014, 11:54 AM
Yeah, don't Spam Spore or Sleep Powder~
There's Taunt to avoid being put to Sleep by those moves, but even though, I'd not be happy at all if my opponent put all my team to sleep while he spams Swords Dance/Quiver Dance/Bulk Up/Dragon Dance and such, so I'm avoiding the stress here.
However, I don't mind losing after a good battle with my opponent

Heart of the Star
August 21st, 2014, 11:55 AM
I don't mind moves that have a chance of causing confusion like dynamic punch, if that gets me fair enough my luck ran out. But I really don't like it when someone just spams confuse ray at you and you can never hit them enough to kill them.

its a legit strategy and I'm not saying it should be banned or anything but it still makes me rage whenever it happens to me.

Artee
August 21st, 2014, 12:04 PM
This is annoying, indeed, but at least it's better than inducing your whole team to sleep. You may hurt yourself or not during the confusion period, so at least you have a good chance to make a move, however, in the case of the sleep condition, everytime you wake up you'll be put again to sleep. I really don't think this is a strategy of someone who knows how to play. Stall teams are also annoying, but it's still a strategy (even if the foe uses Recover/Roost/Softboiled/whatever until you faint by being Poisoned).
Actually, back then in Platinum I had an Umbreon just for that. It had Toxic/Confuse Ray/Moonlight/Protect or Payback with Leftovers. However, if I faced a Steel type I was doomed if I had only this Umbreon left, since they still had resistance against Dark type moves.

Heart of the Star
August 21st, 2014, 12:18 PM
You have a point there and I can see it but I haven't ever been on the receiving end of such a stratagem so I don't quite get the rage involved.

only I wouldn't have thought it would be that bad, don't all sleep causing moves have like 70% accuracy?

Rafflesiac
August 21st, 2014, 12:24 PM
Ugh, I hated Umbreon.

That little fox/weasel/cat/whatever took so many Focus Blasts to the face.

- - - Updated - - -

You have a point there and I can see it but I haven't ever been on the receiving end of such a stratagem so I don't quite get the rage involved.

only I wouldn't have thought it would be that bad, don't all sleep causing moves have like 70% accuracy?
Spore is 100%, Sleep Powder is 75%.

Heart of the Star
August 21st, 2014, 12:29 PM
Spore is 100%, Sleep Powder is 75%.
Ouch, that is rather OP I can see why that needed a rule made about it.

Rafflesiac
August 21st, 2014, 12:39 PM
There's a reason that the only Pokemon with Spore are mushrooms and Smeargle.

Lycodrake
August 21st, 2014, 12:51 PM
On the subject of confusion: Teeter Dance.

Artee
August 21st, 2014, 01:55 PM

I do, when someone uses Darkrai and spams Dark Void all the way while the other bulks itself.

Sleep Powder is 75%.
Compound Eyes makes it 100%.

On the subject of confusion: Teeter Dance.
People who use this kind of move usually have a Pokemon with Oblivious by its side.
I like to use Teeter Dance having Lilligant together, or using Petal Dance with her after a Quiver Dance, most of the times.

Rafflesiac
August 21st, 2014, 02:06 PM
Compound Eyes makes it 100%.
No wonder my Vivillon was so reliable.

Artee
August 21st, 2014, 02:08 PM
It is. Especially spamming Quiver Dance after using Sleep Powder.
But well, Vivillon is one of my two favorite Bug types, the other is Scyther. I'm not fond of 99% of the other Bug types

Rafflesiac
August 21st, 2014, 02:20 PM
Heracross and Volcarona weep.

Masquerain too. How many other Bug/Flying types get ​HYDRO PUMP?

Megas
August 21st, 2014, 02:47 PM
It is. Especially spamming Quiver Dance after using Sleep Powder.
But well, Vivillon is one of my two favorite Bug types, the other is Scyther. I'm not fond of 99% of the other Bug types

Butterfree for life. First pokemon I ever trained to 100.

Lycodrake
August 21st, 2014, 02:52 PM
BUG-TYPE TALK YAY.
Compound-eyes Galvantula. Thunder. Bug Buzz. Giga Drain/Energy Ball. [insert fourth move]. Focus Sash. Profit. yaaay

Artee
August 21st, 2014, 06:38 PM
Heracross and Volcarona weep.

Masquerain too. How many other Bug/Flying types get ​HYDRO PUMP?
This is completely insane. Masquerain is a small insect that can learn a strong move like Hydro Pump. Even by learning Scald it seems stupid.

And so Scyther continues to be deprived to learn Fly, and Garchomp to learn Dragon Dance. The Pokemon world is really hard to explain.

Rafflesiac
August 21st, 2014, 06:41 PM
Dragon Dance Garchomp would be an utter terror.

And if Jolteon can use Iron Tail, then Masquerain can use Hydro Pump.

Artee
August 21st, 2014, 07:18 PM
As I said:

The Pokemon world is really hard to explain.

There are thousands of examples. Wooper doesn't have arms and can use Ice Punch.

The pokemon X being able to use the move Y, doesn't mean it can't be stupid.

Mattias
August 21st, 2014, 09:45 PM
Yeah, don't Spam Spore or Sleep Powder~
There's Taunt to avoid being put to Sleep by those moves, but even though, I'd not be happy at all if my opponent put all my team to sleep while he spams Swords Dance/Quiver Dance/Bulk Up/Dragon Dance and such, so I'm avoiding the stress here.

What if a pokemon has Effect Spore as an ability and that ends up casuing the sleep? Would that DQ them, or would it be chalked up to bad luck?

Rafflesiac
August 21st, 2014, 10:07 PM
What if a pokemon has Effect Spore as an ability and that ends up casuing the sleep? Would that DQ them, or would it be chalked up to bad luck?
Bad luck.

Same with moves like Relic Song.

Artee
August 22nd, 2014, 09:28 AM
BUG-TYPE TALK YAY.
Compound-eyes Galvantula. Thunder. Bug Buzz. Giga Drain/Energy Ball. [insert fourth move]. Focus Sash. Profit. yaaay
Forgot to mention about Joltik and Galvantula, they're very nice. Joltik is cute <3

Well, abilities that induce the foe or moves that induce yourself to sleep don't count, though. I'd call bad luck also.

Heart of the Star
August 23rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
This is completely insane. Masquerain is a small insect that can learn a strong move like Hydro Pump. Even by learning Scald it seems stupid.

And so Scyther continues to be deprived to learn Fly, and Garchomp to learn Dragon Dance. The Pokemon world is really hard to explain.
I was disappointed that Talonflame couldn't learn whirlwind. It would have been a bit unfair though when combined with Gale Wings.

Artee
August 23rd, 2014, 09:08 AM
Haha I totally agree. Though it'd be too OP, like Garchomp learning Dragon Dance

Rafflesiac
August 23rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
Whirlwind Talonflame would be -4 or -5 instead of -5 or -6, though.

Meh
August 23rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
Whirlwind Talonflame would be -4 or -5 instead of -5 or -6, though.
What?

Rafflesiac
August 23rd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Gale Wings only boosts the priority of moves by one level.

So for moves like Whirlwind, which have a naturally low priority, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Heart of the Star
August 23rd, 2014, 10:31 AM
According to bulbapedia whirlwind is only -1 so it would be normal priority.
no wait, ignore this I misread it totally. It was a complete failure on my part, it is indeed -6.

Rafflesiac
August 23rd, 2014, 10:33 AM
According to bulbapedia whirlwind is only -1 so it would be normal priority.
Nooo...it's priority -6.

It was priority -1 in Gen 2.

KAIZA
August 23rd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Given what happened last tournament...oh, what the hell, I'll give this one a try too (though hopefully, it won't clash with exams coming soon)
I bet I'll get screwed by the random color choice.

Heart of the Star
August 23rd, 2014, 05:32 PM
Yaaay~ and with you that makes 8. I will enjoy crushing your team into dust. :p

Rafflesiac
August 23rd, 2014, 05:37 PM
Yaaay~ and with you that makes 8. I will enjoy crushing your team into dust. :p
An ego...I like this.

It will be all the more pleasurable to grind to pieces under my heel.

Artee
August 23rd, 2014, 07:59 PM
Given what happened last tournament...oh, what the hell, I'll give this one a try too (though hopefully, it won't clash with exams coming soon)

You'll do supergood :<

Rafflesiac
August 23rd, 2014, 08:01 PM
You've learned from your mistakes, too, so I'll have a much harder time against you.

Have some confidence!

Artee
August 23rd, 2014, 08:04 PM
Well, yeah, Kaiza. I liked your teams and strategies. I actually can't remember about any huge mistakes you have made with them.

KAIZA
August 23rd, 2014, 08:04 PM
Posting my video. :neco_arc:

FlameStrike
August 23rd, 2014, 08:40 PM
Sign me up! The last tourny was a blast, I have no doubt this one will be too.

Artee
August 23rd, 2014, 09:24 PM
I was waiting for you Flame haha
And you still didn't get your shiny prize :3

Artee
August 26th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Well guys, tomorrow will be the last day to subscribe to this challenge.

I'll be drawing the colors for the participants sometime on Thursday.

Lycodrake
August 26th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Works for me!

Artee
August 28th, 2014, 12:13 AM
The colors have been drawn and the main post has been updated with the pictures.

Rafflesiac
August 28th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I see a list of colors and a broken imgur link.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, you're good.

White, huh?

Interesting. Time to train!

Artee
August 28th, 2014, 12:23 AM
It's updated. Had to upload again

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, you're good.

White, huh?

Interesting. Time to train!
Yes you got White. I personally like the Pokemon within the White list <3

Rafflesiac
August 28th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Whoa, I get Pachirisu!

Okay guys, you're all done for.

I'm sorry, but there isn't even a point in me facing you.

Artee
August 28th, 2014, 12:28 AM
It's time..
http://i.imgur.com/7ZZ7s5h.jpg

This thing survives after Salamence's Draco Meteor!
http://i.imgur.com/ZpyDOG7.jpg

Meh
August 28th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Brown. Good enough, was hoping for Blue or Red though. But Brown still has some 'mons that work with what I usually do.

Mattias
August 28th, 2014, 01:20 AM
Blue, huh...

Time to research...

Heart of the Star
August 28th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Purple eh? That's a long list of pokemon I don't yet have, time to get trading.

Lycodrake
August 28th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Gray for me, hm? Time to use my free time to prepare - though I think I have a Gray Pokemon already trained for competitive.

Artee
August 28th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Good luck guys :)

Heart of the Star
August 28th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Oh yeah as this is a 3DS thing we should probably add each other at some point so that our teams of highly trained fighting monsters can kill each other for our entertainment.

In other words add me so I can crush you. :p

My Code 0920 - 1907 - 7593

Artee
August 28th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Hehe xD Mine is 4167 4654 3112 :)
I'll add you on Saturday, since I won't be able to get my 3DS until the weekend

KAIZA
August 28th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Huh...I'm pretty sure I had white there for a sec...oh, well. Better start working on Red Team.

Artee
August 28th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Huh...I'm pretty sure I had white there for a sec...oh, well. Better start working on Red Team.
I posted the link first, but then it was broken I have no idea why. It's the same image as before, 'cause I didn't close the randomizer after making sure it was properly posted and working fine

Megas
August 28th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Oh well, I'll be looking on from the sidelines this time.

Hopefully I'll have my job by October 1st and I'll be able to participate next time.

Rafflesiac
August 29th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Ughhh...

My primary strategy doesn't actually work... ;_; It would've been so beautiful, too... TAT

Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Meh
August 29th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Just came up with a hogh risk strategy and I have yet to test if it yields results. Hope it does.

Lycodrake
August 29th, 2014, 07:49 AM
I'm training up the Gray Pokemon I already have - 4 - and then going from there, haha.
May not be a winning team, but it's one I'm going to like.

Meh
August 29th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Oh yeah as this is a 3DS thing we should probably add each other at some point so that our teams of highly trained fighting monsters can kill each other for our entertainment.

In other words add me so I can crush you. :p

1161 0567 9108

'll add people when i have time

FlameStrike
August 29th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Green huh, a nice color. I actually don't have a single competitive green Pokemon, so I'll be interesting to research and breed from scratch. Basdfsdf I wish I could use my Shiny Scizor though, he's CLEARLY GREEN! Hahahahaha

Heart of the Star
August 29th, 2014, 05:52 PM
I'm just pissed because everyone on GTS is a greedy moron. All I want is a Pineco that's it. But no they have to ask fro freaking Arceus in exchange. Goddammit.

Kirby
August 29th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Just breed a bunch of decent stuff, and put those up for a Pinceco.

Rafflesiac
August 29th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I'm just pissed because everyone on GTS is a greedy moron. All I want is a Pineco that's it. But no they have to ask fro freaking Arceus in exchange. Goddammit.
Try Forretress and see how your luck goes.

If you're lucky they'll only ask for a Kingdra.

- - - Updated - - -

Just breed a bunch of decent stuff, and put those up for a Pineco.
Or this.

This is a much better idea.

On an entirely unrelated note: NEW STRATEGY GET!

Heart of the Star
August 29th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Just breed a bunch of decent stuff, and put those up for a Pinceco.
That's my current plan. It's being delayed by recharging though.

Meh
September 5th, 2014, 11:38 AM
My 3DS is going wonky right now. Not sure when I'll have time to get it checked out or if I'll have time to breed after fixing it. Might end up forfeiting.

Artee
September 5th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Well.. Let me know if you'll be able to participate as soon as you find it out, therefore I may try to find someone to substitute.

Megas
September 10th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Woohoo! I got a job! Sorry I had to miss out on this competition, but I'm looking forward to the next one!

Artee
September 10th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Yay, congrats~ And it was for a good reason :)

Heart of the Star
September 10th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Having some some testing and research I'm slightly peeved that it's only a 4 vs 4 tournament. 4 pokemon just isn't enough to make a proper strategy work.

Rafflesiac
September 10th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Having some some testing and research I'm slightly peeved that it's only a 4 vs 4 tournament. 4 pokemon just isn't enough to make a proper strategy work.
It worked in the World Championships.

Lancelot
September 17th, 2014, 02:45 PM

Actually it adds even more strategy since you will need to predict yours opponent picks before the fight, and 4 is pretty enough.

Rafflesiac
September 21st, 2014, 06:54 PM
Team complete!

Now to get some practice in and sacrifice some livestock to the RNG.
Nobody saw anything else...

Lycodrake
September 24th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Going to have to drop out. Sorry. :(

Artee
September 24th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Aw Lyco u.u Meh is probably going to drop out too 'cause he's too busy.. I'll probably give people more time in order to try to call other people to participate because of the number of players.

Megas
September 24th, 2014, 02:49 PM
I potentially can, but I have no team, so I'd probably just get punked super early

Artee
September 24th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I can give sometime for you to build your team, I will postpone the beginning date a little..
A friend has entered and will take the Gray color instead of Lyco, since he gave up. You would be able to choose between Pink or Black.

KAIZA
September 25th, 2014, 01:24 PM
A bit curious about the start date: will it be postponed due to recent events, or does it still stand? Wondering now, since I'm flash-building my team as quickly as possible to make up for exam time.

Artee
September 25th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I'll postpone it for two more weeks, therefore, it should begin on Oct 10th. I've got a new participant and he's rushing with his team, so I guess in two weeks he'll have it ready

Mattias
September 25th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Sounds good. Gives me time to raise up another bencher.

KAIZA
September 26th, 2014, 02:33 AM
My desperation for good movesets was enough for me to speedrun Pokemon Sapphire in about 4-5 hours...

Glad to know we have a little bit more time. orz

Artee
September 26th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Well, good then, hope you get your teams in time now.

FlameStrike
September 30th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Oh man this is good news for me. x.x I forgo- er was super busy so I didn't have time to make a proper team. I was about to reluctantly turn in my resignation, but it turns out I have more time! SDfasdfsdf time to get my ass in gear and start breeding.

Rafflesiac
September 30th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Oh man this is good news for me. x.x I forgo- er was super busy so I didn't have time to make a proper team. I was about to reluctantly turn in my resignation, but it turns out I have more time! SDfasdfsdf time to get my ass in gear and start breeding.
Good man!

I need to get my vengeance, after all.

Artee
September 30th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Don't give up Flame~ You still have 10 days, you can do eet~

Lycodrake
September 30th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Sorry about needing to drop out. Had schoolwork and MtG take over my life after a few weeks of slacking on training more gray Pokemon.

Meh
September 30th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Finals Week starts at OCtober 13 and I still have a few papers to do.

If I miss the first match and lose by default, to I go to the loser's bracket?

Artee
September 30th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Np Lyco.. Actually, a friend of mine took the Gray color and is making his team to participate.

- - - Updated - - -

Finals Week starts at OCtober 13 and I still have a few papers to do.

If I miss the first match and lose by default, to I go to the loser's bracket?
Yep.

Meh
September 30th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Np Lyco.. Actually, a friend of mine took the Gray color and is making his team to participate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.
When does the second set of matches start?

Lycodrake
September 30th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Just wanted to be sure to let you know after things settled down (aka Lyco stopped being SUPER HYPED FOR MtG KHANS RELEASE because Lyco got the intro deck Lyco wanted).

Artee
September 30th, 2014, 10:11 PM
When does the second set of matches start?

2-3 days after

- - - Updated - - -

However, if most of the participants still don't have teams or time to participate, I can postpone it more, after the test period, because it seems most of people's tests happen at the same time

KAIZA
October 1st, 2014, 03:41 PM
Well, Red Team is almost complete...although I goofed up on one of my Pokemon's ability and now will have to look around and trade for one with the right one. Plus, I might need to improvise with a few of the movesets, because every single moveset recommendation I find involves moves I can't get in Gen VI (f&[email protected] Move Tutors). Unless I can find and trade with someone who has them. orz

Lancelot
October 1st, 2014, 09:20 PM
Is it gen V? I might help you with that ( I can capture a random poke, teach the tutor moves and transfer it through pokebank, but I can't do anything about the IVs because I don't have a card to use pokesav and you can't pass Move ataks through breed)
You could try a trading group on facebook or something, that's what I am trying to do at least since I am lacking the time to breed in Gen V (which is a pain).

Mattias
October 1st, 2014, 09:59 PM
So, I think Ive got most of my group hammered out. Just got to choose some 4th moves, and trade them over to my main (read: unfinished) game. And maybe think of a sixth Blue to make up in the next 10 days...

Lancelot
October 2nd, 2014, 08:51 PM
Oooii Kaiza~
I will try to get your pokes rdy.

KAIZA
October 2nd, 2014, 09:00 PM
OK! :neco_arc:

Artee
October 7th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Are you guys ready?!

It begins on Friday! I'll be updating the main post with the brackets until Thursday!

Heart of the Star
October 7th, 2014, 02:00 PM
I am sort of ready. Well enough to give a decent fight at any rate whether or not my half-assed efforts will be enough to defeat anyone remains to be seen.

Rafflesiac
October 7th, 2014, 02:00 PM
This might be a welcome respite from schoolwork. I'm glad I finished my team early.

Artee
October 8th, 2014, 11:15 PM
K guys, the main post is now updated with the brackets

Rafflesiac
October 8th, 2014, 11:19 PM
A bracket full of unknowns for me, huh?

Fascinating. :ciel:

Artee
October 8th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Challenge :neco_arc:

Lancelot
October 8th, 2014, 11:36 PM

A whole new world~
A new fantastic point of view~
:neco_arc:

Mattias
October 9th, 2014, 12:17 AM
I've finally got my team all tricked out to level 50. Too bad i'd need to put 20 more levels on to get the last moves I need, but I don't really feel like grinding that out. Blue team is a go.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130109031248/halo/images/d/d2/USER_Blue_team_3.jpeg

Meh
October 9th, 2014, 12:45 AM

I'm up against you first? :(

I am both screwed and sad I won't be able to battle you. So many deadlines to meet, finals next week, team not ready, 3DS still in unsure state, etc.

Sorry.

Rafflesiac
October 9th, 2014, 12:50 AM
I'm up against you first? :(

I am both screwed and sad I won't be able to battle you. So many deadlines to meet, finals next week, team not ready, 3DS still in unsure state, etc.

Sorry.
It's alright, though that's a pity.

Heart of the Star
October 9th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Alright Ferio lets get this on! (From tomorrow) I'll keep my DS online pretty much all the time so I don't really have a problem with finding a spare hour or so for the match.

we just need to make sure that we've added each other and that we're on at the same time.

KAIZA
October 9th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Well, I see I'm up against people I have probably low chances, or in one case no chance at all, of winning. Oh wells.

Already managed to fix up a breeding goof-up in one of my Pokemon, so I guess Red Team is now complete! I'll try to work out what items to give my Pokemon as well as see if I can create any last minute addition just in case.

Rafflesiac
October 9th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Well, I see I'm up against people I have probably low chances, or in one case no chance at all, of winning. Oh wells.

Already managed to fix up a breeding goof-up in one of my Pokemon, so I guess Red Team is now complete! I'll try to work out what items to give my Pokemon as well as see if I can create any last minute addition just in case.
Assuming I know anything about you, at least one thing you own will be a pain in the behind.

KAIZA
October 9th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Assuming I know anything about you, at least one thing you own will be a pain in the behind.
Says the guy who analyzed my team, then proceeded to kick my ass. And that's even assuming I make it to a fight with you in the first place.:neco_arc:

Rafflesiac
October 9th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Says the guy who analyzed my team, then proceeded to kick my ass. And that's even assuming I make it to a fight with you in the first place.:neco_arc:
Thanks to the new rules and you no longer posting your battle videos (you totally won't do this, totally), I can't go full shonen villain on you like I did last time.

Ferio
October 9th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Alright Ferio lets get this on! (From tomorrow) I'll keep my DS online pretty much all the time so I don't really have a problem with finding a spare hour or so for the match.

we just need to make sure that we've added each other and that we're on at the same time.

My friend code is 5300-9295-9976
Tell me yours so i can add you and we'll play soon. I had some unexpected situations and my team is not ready yet, but is already in level up phase, the faster part. Level up 2 pokémons to level 50 is an easy task in Pokémon Y so, i can find time to make them ready soon.

Heart of the Star
October 9th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Tell me yours so i can add you and we'll play soon. I had some unexpected situations and my team is not ready yet, but is already in level up phase, the faster part. Level up 2 pokémons to level 50 is an easy task in Pokémon Y so, i can find time to make them ready soon.
I will be ready

Lancelot
October 9th, 2014, 08:36 PM

Last minute training = best training

Mattias, I think I already have you added, just check up for a Nero on your friend list and we may have our battle... probably by the morning or when I arrive at night from work.

KAIZA
October 9th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Hmm...not sure if I have FlameStrike added, especially since I never fought him in the last tournament and my memory's bad, but, anyways, here's my code:

4339-2727-9146

Mattias
October 9th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Last minute training = best training

Mattias, I think I already have you added, just check up for a Nero on your friend list and we may have our battle... probably by the morning or when I arrive at night from work.

Yeah, I think we got paired off last time too. Only thing is you'll have to be the one to save the battle video, I don't have a VS recorder in my main game right now.

I'll be available most of the day to battle so just toss me a PM when you want to start.

FlameStrike
October 9th, 2014, 11:32 PM
>< Well shit I have some bad news. Things happened and I didn't manage to finish my team in the end. Also my family has a vacation thing planned so I won't have acess to Wi-fi for awhile. Blargh I'm going to withdraw after all. Sorry guys.

KAIZA
October 9th, 2014, 11:35 PM
0_o
I don't know whether to take this as yet another lucky coincidence, or as fate laughing in my face.

Artee
October 10th, 2014, 08:19 AM
So, Kaiza, don't forget to avoid doing this again, and send the code over pm :3

Well, with FlameStrike withdrawal, this leaves us with 6 participants *sighs*

KAIZA
October 10th, 2014, 01:24 PM
So, Kaiza, don't forget to avoid doing this again, and send the code over pm :3

Well, with FlameStrike withdrawal, this leaves us with 6 participants *sighs*
Nah, I won't fall for that twice. <_<

Still, with FlameStrike out, that means...I win by default, I guess? Yay?

Mattias
October 10th, 2014, 01:25 PM
You could alwasy throw your own hat into the ring Artee.

Artee
October 10th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I don't have a team ready.. Besides, I want you to have the prizes xD (ok, this doesn't mean I'd get to the 3rd, 2nd or 1st places anyway)

Rafflesiac
October 10th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I recall you saying you had too much stuff going to battle me Meh, so just VM me if anything changes.

Mattias
October 11th, 2014, 10:24 PM
GG Lance. That Swagger really messed me up. Blizzard for days otherwise. And damned U-turn.

So, now that I'm in the loser bracket and was supposed to face flamestrike, do I get a by? Or is he able to join up for that bit?

Lancelot
October 11th, 2014, 10:32 PM
GG, It was a bet that move, It was there by mistake hahahah

KAIZA
October 11th, 2014, 10:33 PM
So, that means...oh, f#$% me, I'm against Lancelot again.

Welp, might as well start looking forward to the loser's bracket.

Lancelot
October 11th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Welp :neco_arc:
But I might lose, I not playing very well...

Mattias
October 11th, 2014, 10:40 PM
So, that means...oh, f#$% me, I'm against Lancelot again.

Welp, might as well start looking forward to the loser's bracket.

Don't worry, the loser brackets kinda like hell. All the interesting people go there.

Artee
October 12th, 2014, 10:41 PM
@Heart of the Star

Hey hey, what happened to you? Ferio tried contact with you but had no response.. I'll check the thread tomorrow morning.. If there's no response from you you'll automatically lose the battle and go to the loser brackets :(

Heart of the Star
October 13th, 2014, 07:29 AM
he did? I'm literally just waiting for him to come online. I don't really have anything to do today (except for that bit of maths at 2) so I've been waiting. If he tried to contact me then I missed it somehow.

Artee
October 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM
he did? I'm literally just waiting for him to come online. I don't really have anything to do today (except for that bit of maths at 2) so I've been waiting. If he tried to contact me then I missed it somehow.

He said he had sent you a pm..

Ferio
October 13th, 2014, 11:35 AM
I sent you an inbox but you didn't awnsered. I'm online right now on pokémon if you want to battle.

Heart of the Star
October 13th, 2014, 11:38 AM
That explains it. I have never had a PM before this so I'm not in the habit of checking them. The fact that there's no pop-up either meant I had no idea that he'd sent anything.

Same here, i'm ready for the match.

Heart of the Star
October 13th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Well that was over quickly. I lost badly.

Artee
October 13th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Your team is good, Heart of the Star! You just should check some Pokemon types you said you don't know, and you'll do way better :)

KAIZA
October 13th, 2014, 05:00 PM
So, I'm assuming new brackets pretty soon?

Artee
October 13th, 2014, 07:33 PM
So, I'm assuming new brackets pretty soon?

Yep~ When I get back home, I'm using my phone now

KAIZA
October 13th, 2014, 07:51 PM
I'm again getting the temptation of adding just one more member to my team...which, even though I already have several options trained and ready, I have no idea who to chose for my next match. orz

Ferio
October 14th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Can we change team from match to match?

Heart of the Star
October 14th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I'm pretty sure we can.

Artee
October 14th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Yep, you can change teams.

Also, the brackets have been updated. You have 3 days from now to set your battles. Sorry for the delay and good luck!

KAIZA
October 14th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Very well, might as well get the fight over with...after I'm done with lunch in a couple of hours. That, and when Lancelot gets online.

Lancelot
October 14th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Sure... I am having a hard day, so much things to do.. but I will try when I arrive Kaiza... that shall be about 4~5 hours from now ;_;
Then we will get over with it, I am kinda losing my hype for the tourney though.

Heart of the Star
October 14th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Okay I've just finished bringing up another 2 mon to sub into my team after my strat was revealed to be worthless. It took a while but I'm done and as such I am ready for our battle whenever you are Meh!

I've already added you on my DS but I don't think you have yet. Here's my code again just to be sure.
I'll try to be on as much as possible. For tomorrow I am around just about all the time except for 2 hours between 10:30 and 12:30.

Lancelot
October 14th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Kaiza, are you ready?? Give me like 30 min to rest a bit and I will battle you.

KAIZA
October 14th, 2014, 09:40 PM
OK, that gives me time to get my team ready.

KAIZA
October 14th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Well, that went as well as expected...

Lancelot
October 14th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Good game though, I could have lost easily because the last pokemon I brought couldn't really do much.

Rafflesiac
October 16th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Well, I got my shit kicked in.

Ferio, you have the winner's honor of sending the video.

Really brought to bear the critical flaw of my team, but there's nothing I can do about it but play smarter.

Ferio
October 16th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Well, I got my shit kicked in.

Ferio, you have the winner's honor of sending the video.

Really brought to bear the critical flaw of my team, but there's nothing I can do about it but play smarter.

I already sent the video code to Artee.
Well played Rafflesiac, i just think you used something that i already knew and had the weapons to counter. New strategies are better them famous ones.

Artee
October 16th, 2014, 05:32 PM
I've just watched the video. It was the nicest battle I watched so far hehe
Congrats for both, you did well

Heart of the Star
October 16th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Unfortunately it seems that Meh is unable to make it for our battle :( Damn it. It's not cool that he gets knocked out by default.

Mattias
October 16th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Hey, Flamestrike, do you have a team together yet? Because I'm good to battle anytime for the next 5 hours and then most of tomorrow as well.

Artee
October 16th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Unfortunately it seems that Meh is unable to make it for our battle :( Damn it. It's not cool that he gets knocked out by default.
Yeah.. I gave a lot of time for people to prepare themselves and tell me if they have to decline but in the end, 2 declined by the time it started :( Lyco had given up too, but I could ask a friend to participate and he's now in. Guess the other two had unexpected things happening

Hey, Flamestrike, do you have a team together yet? Because I'm good to battle anytime for the next 5 hours and then most of tomorrow as well.
FlameStrike won't probably participate :/

Artee
October 18th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Brackets have been updated!

Heart of the Star
October 18th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Alright then! So KAIZA, when do you want to do this?

KAIZA
October 19th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Welp, since tomorrow's my last vacation day, let's end it with a bang. How appropriate. = =;

I'll send you a VM when I get online tomorrow.

Heart of the Star
October 20th, 2014, 02:57 PM
aaand that's game Kaiza beat me but it was close and I'm happy with that.

KAIZA
October 20th, 2014, 03:01 PM
So, based on the brackets, that means next round I'm against either...defeat, or certain defeat. orz

Artee
October 20th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I'm just waiting for Rafflesiac and Mattias battle to update the brackets, because the loser's brackets part is 1 turn delayed.

- - - Updated - - -

aaand that's game Kaiza beat me but it was close and I'm happy with that.

Very good nevertheless! I'm looking forward to your participation in the upcoming tournaments! You'll be welcome.

Rafflesiac
October 20th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Friday was inconvenient and I ended up being busy on Saturday, so we were both open on Sunday around now onward.

I VMd him, so I'm on standby.

Heart of the Star
October 20th, 2014, 06:20 PM
I'm just waiting for Rafflesiac and Mattias battle to update the brackets, because the loser's brackets part is 1 turn delayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Very good nevertheless! I'm looking forward to your participation in the upcoming tournaments! You'll be welcome.
Yeah I made some silly mistakes that I wouldn't repeat if I was to do it again. My only other problem was KAIZA's goddamn speedmachine. That thing was too fast it was beating out my speed based things while I had a Tailwind up.

Rafflesiac
October 20th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Red speedmachine?

That doesn't bode well, assuming I win. I'd hate to get a taste of my own medicine.

KAIZA
October 20th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Red speedmachine?

That doesn't bode well, assuming I win. I'd hate to get a taste of my own medicine.
Why do I get the feeling him having even this bit of knowledge is a death sentence for me?

Artee
October 20th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Ouch Kaiza, you're being so negative. You talk as if you were a complete noob :p

Heart of the Star
October 20th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Whoops? And there i was trying to be ambiguous as I could be while still having something to complain about.

KAIZA
October 20th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Nah, it's OK. It's just my experience with Raffles from the last tournament. XD
Never gonna live that down...

Lancelot
October 20th, 2014, 06:57 PM
You should do that via pm Star xD
But it wasn't as funny as last tourney where some matches were posted directly on the thread.
:neco_arc: heh

KAIZA
October 20th, 2014, 06:58 PM
See? Never gonna live that down...

Rafflesiac
October 20th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Victory!

I'll PM the video shortly.

Mattias
October 20th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I got fucking stomped. Goddamn Sleep. The only hit I got was because of Poison point.

KAIZA
October 20th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Well, that's reassuring.

Rafflesiac
October 20th, 2014, 07:52 PM
That switch was pretty lucky for me, and I'm happy that some of my Pokemon performed.

I've got a better idea of how to use my team, that's for certain.

Heart of the Star
October 20th, 2014, 08:12 PM
I got fucking stomped. Goddamn Sleep. The only hit I got was because of Poison point.
Hah, that's what happened to me in my first match. Except my only hit was me having my last mon use explosion.

Artee
October 20th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Well, now the brackets are right. Updated guys!

Rafflesiac
October 21st, 2014, 09:35 PM
Good match, KAIZA; you pressured me near the end there.

- - - Updated - - -

My fears of a certain speed demon were unfounded, it seems.

KAIZA
October 21st, 2014, 09:36 PM
I was going to Punch you...the game cut me off. >o<

Rafflesiac
October 21st, 2014, 09:39 PM
I was going to Punch you...the game cut me off. >o<
You may have won if you had. It was a good battle.

KAIZA
October 21st, 2014, 09:41 PM
I might as well just give up with these tournaments...I always end up losing the same way. (Lancelot kicks me out of the original bracket, then Raffles kicks me out of the loser's bracket). I'm just not cut for competitive.

Artee
October 22nd, 2014, 08:24 AM
Kaiza, stahp. You're good, you just get too nervous while battling and this may be the reason. I know that feel, it happens to me often.

Heart of the Star
October 22nd, 2014, 08:27 AM
I might as well just give up with these tournaments...I always end up losing the same way. (Lancelot kicks me out of the original bracket, then Raffles kicks me out of the loser's bracket). I'm just not cut for competitive.
You did better than me. I won a grand total of zero matches :D

KAIZA
October 22nd, 2014, 09:27 AM
Nah, it's OK. I tend to screw up often due to anxiety in battle; though this time I blame the game timing out on me. :)

Mattias
October 22nd, 2014, 11:08 AM

The same thing happened to me. Only I didn't win a single match.

Meh
October 22nd, 2014, 03:23 PM
You did better than me. I won a grand total of zero matches :D
If it makes you feel any better, you likely would've stomped me if we got to battle. My planned team was supposed to Mega Kangashkan, Choice Scarf Alakazam, Dragonite, and Slaking. Never got a Kangashkan(wouldn't spawn, no one was willing to have a reasonable trade) and anything from the Slaking line, and my Abra breeding never produced anything good.

I have no idea how my strategy would've worked out but I'm sure it had a high chance of failing.

Rafflesiac
October 22nd, 2014, 03:49 PM
If it makes you feel any better, you likely would've stomped me if we got to battle. My planned team was supposed to Mega Kangashkan, Choice Scarf Alakazam, Dragonite, and Slaking. Never got a Kangashkan(wouldn't spawn, no one was willing to have a reasonable trade) and anything from the Slaking line, and my Abra breeding never produced anything good.

I have no idea how my strategy would've worked out but I'm sure it had a high chance of failing.
Role Play, perhaps?

Mattias
October 22nd, 2014, 09:13 PM
Never got a Kangashkan(wouldn't spawn, no one was willing to have a reasonable trade)

You should have asked. I've got one in my box, I could breed you out one in a like an hour, as long as you didn't care about iv's.

KAIZA
October 22nd, 2014, 09:21 PM
Same here. In fact, I started breeding some Kangashkans for the Battle Maison today; already got one with the IVs I wanted, and I think I have a spare one with 5 IVs (missing Speed).

Speaking of, anybody have a female Gligar with its Hidden Ability to spare?

Meh
October 23rd, 2014, 12:28 AM
You should have asked. I've got one in my box, I could breed you out one in a like an hour, as long as you didn't care about iv's.
Wouldn't have really cared for ivs, would have just gotten one and kept breeding.

Meh, what's done is done. Artee, are we having another one for OR/AS? I'll try to actually participate if we do.

Lancelot
October 23rd, 2014, 10:48 AM
Same here. In fact, I started breeding some Kangashkans for the Battle Maison today; already got one with the IVs I wanted, and I think I have a spare one with 5 IVs (missing Speed).

Speaking of, anybody have a female Gligar with its Hidden Ability to spare?

I think I have one, so you can I can give you later.

Heart of the Star
October 23rd, 2014, 10:54 AM
Breeding has been slow and painful for me as I lack a Ditto with more than 2 IV's I don't think a single mon in my team had more than 2 IV's. I know my Gengar had 0. My best mon is a 5 IV Tyranitar I got off a mystery trade as a Larvitar.

Meh
October 23rd, 2014, 11:02 AM
Breeding has been slow and painful for me as I lack a Ditto with more than 2 IV's I don't think a single mon in my team had more than 2 IV's. I know my Gengar had 0. My best mon is a 5 IV Tyranitar I got off a mystery trade as a Larvitar.
My best mons are my dozen or so 5IV Lucarios and a few 4IV Gabites(never got around to leveling them up to Garchomps). I had bred them months ago.

KAIZA
October 23rd, 2014, 09:10 PM
I think I have one, so you can I can give you later.
Well, I already managed to catch one myself and started breeding it. ^^;
Thanks though. :neco_arc:

Also, remind me to return the Defog Scizor to you.

Lancelot
October 23rd, 2014, 10:49 PM
Ok, no prob. We can do that Saturday

Rafflesiac
October 24th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Err...did Lancelot and Ferio battle already?

Lancelot
October 25th, 2014, 09:52 AM
We're going to set this today Raff, our schedule didn''t help (He works at night and I work and study during the whole day).

Rafflesiac
October 25th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Ahh, I see.

Lancelot
October 25th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Great match Ferio, be careful with Raff so we can have a rematch :neco_arc:

Rafflesiac
October 25th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Great match Ferio, be careful with Raff so we can have a rematch :neco_arc:
Ferio lost?

I suppose that's the best possible outcome; there's no way my team can beat his twice. Then again, even once will be a pain...

Artee
October 27th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Omg sorry guys, I've been so busy lately.. But finally, the main post has been updated with the brackets!

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Ferio wasn't up for battling, so I guess I'm facing Lancelot.

Two byes? Man, I feel awkward.

Artee
October 30th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Oh, sighs..

Very well, good luck, both of you.

Lancelot
October 30th, 2014, 06:56 PM
*Stares at Raff awkwardly*
Swell... If you are up to it, we may play when I arrive from work in 2 hours.

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I'm alright with that.

Lancelot
October 30th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Ok, I've just arrived, if you are able to play send me a msg. I will be on in 20 min.

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Lost on the last match on my last Pokemon.

Well played, Lancelot. Well played.

Lancelot
October 30th, 2014, 10:22 PM
IT'S WAS AWESOME! Thanks Raff, I've finally enjoyed a match in a long time! Too much Hype.

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 10:23 PM
You're very welcome.

Jesus, that Outrage/Protect combo killed me.

Artee
October 30th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Okay, I'm gonna watch both battles and then I'll give you your prizes, guys. Will you stay online for the next hour?

Heart of the Star
October 30th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Well congratulations. Slightly disappointing that we had so many people drop out and all, but hey ho what can you do. Hey Artee now that it's all done will you post all the match video links?

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Alright then.

Artee
October 30th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Well congratulations. Slightly disappointing that we had so many people drop out and all, but hey ho what can you do.
Indeed, it was a bad timing, even if most of the people wanted to participate but couldn't.

Hey Artee now that it's all done will you post all the match video links?
Yep~ I'm gonna update the main post with the battle codes as soon as I finish watching the last two battles from now

Lancelot
October 30th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Overall it was a great Tournament guys, I enjoyed quite a lot, mainly this last battle. Hopefully the next one will be in a good time for everyone to play together!! Hype for the next one!!! (Multi-battle plz :neco_arc:)
Thanks for the battles!
Also, don't dare to stop playing Kaiza :<

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 10:42 PM
I had a lot of fun as well.

Multi Battles...my God would that be a pain to coordinate. 150% worth, though; without a doubt. Monotype battles would be interesting too.

KAIZA
October 30th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Overall it was a great Tournament guys, I enjoyed quite a lot, mainly this last battle. Hopefully the next one will be in a good time for everyone to play together!! Hype for the next one!!! (Multi-battle plz :neco_arc:)
Thanks for the battles!
Also, don't dare to stop playing Kaiza :<
But I will only end up losing to you two again! :(
I don't know how to competitive! (What was Multi-Battle again? In pairs?)

Artee
October 30th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Multi Battle is quite nice, it's my favorite type of battle, but, I'd need more players to do it..

Also, congrats for all you guys, especially for Lancelot, Rafflesiac and Ferio for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
Rafflesiac, please, if you can go online to receive your Xerneas.. I'm ready! And then I'll update the main post with all battle codes.

Thank you again for participating, I also had a lot of fun!

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Online and ready.

Artee
October 30th, 2014, 10:51 PM
(What was Multi-Battle again? In pairs?)

Yep! You + someone else battle together against another pair of people

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 10:52 PM
But I will only end up losing to you two again! :(
I don't know how to competitive! (What was Multi-Battle again? In pairs?)
Multi Battles are pair doubles, two people to a side.

And all you need is practice, KAIZA! If you nearly had me this time, then you could beat me next tourney!

But don't think I'll make it easy on you.

KAIZA
October 30th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Hmm...that does sound interesting, and depending on who I team up with, I can increase my chances of survival...we'll see.

Artee
October 30th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Ok, the battle codes are in the main post!

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Time to watch some battles!

Artee
October 30th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Your battle with Ferio is still my favorite, haha

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Your battle with Ferio still is my favorite, haha
Oof, that was the battle that taught me to bring three attackers to my one defender instead of two and two.

Rafflesiac
October 30th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Lancelot v. Mattias: That's the first time I've seen V-Create in action in X/Y.
Ferio v. Heart of the Star: Heart, you don't want to use entry hazards in Doubles because of the faster pace Doubles has in comparison to Singles.
KAIZA v. Lancelot: KAIZA, using Draco Meteor when you don't have a Pokemon in reserve (since Medicham was reserved for Scolipede boosts) to swap out for it is risky, especially that early in the battle.
KAIZA v. Heart of the Star: Sucker Punch eats Gengar for breakfast, especially from a powerhouse like Bisharp. You'll want to debilitate a Sucker Punching Pokemon with sleep or burns before attacking.

Well, that concludes my expert analysis.

KAIZA
October 31st, 2014, 12:27 AM
KAIZA v. Lancelot: KAIZA, using Draco Meteor when you don't have a Pokemon in reserve (since Medicham was reserved for Scolipede boosts) to swap out for it is risky, especially that early in the battle.
KAIZA v. Heart of the Star: Sucker Punch eats Gengar for breakfast, especially from a powerhouse like Bisharp. You'll want to debilitate a Sucker Punching Pokemon with sleep or burns before attacking.

Well, that concludes my expert analysis.
I did tell you I messed up the strats and didn't know how to use my Pokemon correctly in my fight with Lancelot.

Heart of the Star
October 31st, 2014, 12:28 PM
I had a lot of fun as well.

Multi Battles...my God would that be a pain to coordinate. 150% worth, though; without a doubt. Monotype battles would be interesting too.
I would totally be up for a monotype multi battle tournament. That would be really cool.