PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Men's World Ice Hockey Championship

Verg Avesta
May 15th, 2011, 04:44 PM
FUCK YEAH FINLAND

KENTA
May 15th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Ah, very well done lads! Wish I was paying enough attention to watch it, I'm a big hockey fan.

Chaos Greyblood
May 15th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Wow, really? Congrats for Finland. Gaia is going to be so thrilled! They haven't been this happy since Teemu Selanne won the Stanley Cup with the Anaheim Ducks.

On a related NHL note, Jaromir Jagr is still pretty healthy and played pretty well despite the Czech Republic having been out of the tournament without a finals. Word on the street is that the Pittsburgh Penguins are pretty interested in having him back. Hopefully that will happen.

Gaia
May 16th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Gaia is going to be so thrilled!

Wut? I am furious! My workmates don't seem to have any other topics today... And newspapers don't write anything else... Argh, give me a world without ice-hockey! :mad:

KENTA
May 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Wut? I am furious! My workmates don't seem to have any other topics today... And newspapers don't write anything else... Argh, give me a world without ice-hockey! :mad:

Sounds like hell to me.

Gaia
May 17th, 2011, 10:25 AM
A world without ice hockey? Or with? :confused:

KENTA
May 17th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Without.

Chaos Greyblood
May 17th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I was being sarcastic, Gaia. It wasn't exactly a secret when you said you wanted Finland to lose because of the ruckus. It's time to get back at seeing the NHL Playoffs.

KENTA
May 17th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Pulling for San Jose to win it all, but wouldn't mind a Bruins win either.

Chaos Greyblood
May 17th, 2011, 01:31 PM
They have a tall task against the Canucks, but I'm pulling for the Sharks to win. If they can get that high-powered offense live up to its name, they'd be hard to stop. They also have to cut down a few of the mistakes they make in the blueline.

I wonder how will the Bruins respond after losing 5-2.

Gaia
May 17th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I was being sarcastic, Gaia. It wasn't exactly a secret when you said you wanted Finland to lose because of the ruckus.

Good! Because I would die, if someone thought I like ice hockey! :p

And KENTA can have all the ice hockey in this world. Come and get it! Quick! :D

Verg Avesta
May 18th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Highly relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo729ThVB1o

Jase
May 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
So, what? 7-3 loss for San Jose?

That's rough. Even though I'm from Vancouver, I kind of like SJ because they are SHARKS. Canuck is a lame team name. SHARKS.

Chaos Greyblood
May 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I don't know what a Canuck is supposed to be. I've never quite figured that one out. I even know what a Nordique is, but a Canuck? Weirds the heck out of me.

But it seems inevitable that Vancouver will reach the Finals unless San Jose turns it around. It was a terrible game all-around last night, though. They were hooked, lined and sunk pretty bad.

Jase
May 19th, 2011, 05:19 PM
It's just slang for Canadian.

So they are literally the Vancouver Canadians. But obviously, they needed to be differentiated from the Montreal Canadiens.

Chaos Greyblood
May 19th, 2011, 10:54 PM
And then there's the whale or orca-like creature they use in their side logo.

Jase
May 20th, 2011, 02:28 AM
It's an Orca, I think, which is considered a symbol for British Columbia, to an extent.

But totally unrelated to a Canuck, strictly speaking.

Chaos Greyblood
May 20th, 2011, 12:16 PM
In related news, the Boston Bruins blanketed the Tampa Bay Lightning 2-0 and they're ahead 2-1 in their series. It's rather tight and it's rather tough for me to say who's gonna win.

And the Atlanta Thrashers (though you may not know a lot about them) have been sold to a Winnipeg group. Thus, there'll be hockey back in that region, though they won't be the Jets since the Coyotes still hold the name since moving to Phoenix in 1997.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/atlanta-thrashers-moving-to-winnipeg/article2029179/

Chaos Greyblood
May 21st, 2011, 03:53 PM
Boston is playing rather lulzly, and I don't mean it in a good way. Tampa Bay has turned it around and they're leading 4-3 right now.

Since there are actual hockey fans, I could make an NHL thread for next season.