PDA

View Full Version : Your Personal Video Game Achievements/CMoA

MssrNeko
May 18th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Pretty self-explanatory. If you don't know what CMoA means, two words: TV Tropes (tvtropes.org).

My first major one as a kid: Beat Ghouls n' Ghosts (fuck you lucifer, beezelbub, fire-wolf-thingy, that troll w/ two faces, etc. FUCK YOU ALL. And fuck you wizard who sent me back to the beginning for not having that stupid bracelet.)

Marth
May 18th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Achievement- Completing Magna Carta: Tears of Blood. Good LORD, that game was slooooow. -_-

CMoA- Beating Pokemon Silver. All of it, Kanto included. That was an awesome day, it was. Kanto alone was worth it, though.

Chaos Greyblood
May 18th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Achievement: Finishing Dragon Age: Origins 5 times, including a female character. And I'm gunning for a 6th time in Hard.

CMOA: Destroying all of the Metal Gear RAYs in Extreme for the first time in MGS2. Damn, that battle was painful, but worth it.

MssrNeko
May 18th, 2011, 01:21 AM
On that note, Marth:

CMoA: Pokemon Red. Caught every Pokemon (Gamesharked Mew, though).

Sucky Part: Expected some rare Pokemon, move, or item. Received a certificate for my troubles. D:>

Marth
May 18th, 2011, 01:22 AM
^ *snerk*

That'll teach you to overachieve. :p

ItsaRandomUsername
May 18th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Yoshi's Island.

Beat it like a boss when I was twelve years old.

FUCK YEAH.

Marth
May 18th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Yoshi's Island.

Beat it like a boss when I was twelve years old.

FUCK YEAH.

Try beating a real game and come back again.

;)

mewarmo990
May 18th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Achievement: Achieving all of the endings in Chrono Trigger! I think there's what, 13 of them?

Old CMoA: Encountering MISSINGNO in Pokemon Blue Version :) Infinite Master Balls! But slightly corrupted save file >:(

Recent CMoA: Tripled my previous Kill Streak high score in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood today, up to over 2000. Damn, playing that game always makes me feel like a badass :D

MssrNeko
May 18th, 2011, 01:35 AM
^ *snerk*

That'll teach you to overachieve. :p

Achievement: 100% completion on Disgaea 3. All main/side/DLC characters all level 9999. Every generic humanoid/monster has one character at level 9999 in each of its classes. Item list 100%. All legendary weapons/armor/etc. Yeah, you get it......

I love Nippon Ichi games, even if they drain my money and time away

Marth
May 18th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Achievement: 100% completion on Disgaea 3. All main/side/DLC characters all level 9999. Every generic humanoid/monster has one character at level 9999 in each of its classes. Item list 100%. All legendary weapons/armor/etc. Yeah, you get it......

I love Nippon Ichi games, even if they drain my money and time away

http://gamenight.4leafcoder.com/__oneclick_uploads/2008/03/overachiever.png

Don't let this happen to you, man.

Grant
May 18th, 2011, 01:41 AM
.Hack G.U vol 2. Fighting one of the last bosses with literally 12 HP left I finally managed to activate a rengeki and its last hit finished that green-haired stereotype off.

SMT Nocturne: Just beating Matador. After him no opponent save for Dante and Lucifer gave me even a fraction of the trouble.

ItsaRandomUsername
May 18th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Try beating a real game and come back again.

;)

100%ing Ocarina of Time.

NICE.

Marth
May 18th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Nice and easy, too. Fail again.

ItsaRandomUsername
May 18th, 2011, 01:51 AM
You're trampling all over my childhood, man. ;_;

Marth
May 18th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Cuz' your childhood is full of easy, not-worth-bragging-about games that most anyone can beat.

MssrNeko
May 18th, 2011, 01:55 AM
I'm a completionist. Sue me.

CMoA: Played a Wanted match in AC:B. Managed to win w/out dying.

Sucky Part: Went on a five game lose streak after that. D:>

ItsaRandomUsername
May 18th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Ninja Gaiden for the NES.

A straight playthough WITHOUT DYING ONCE.

Don't ask me to do that ever again.

Marth
May 18th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Anyone in here ever play Bucky O' Hare for the NES? That game was......different.

MssrNeko
May 18th, 2011, 01:59 AM
^^Seriously?

Major Brofist for that one Irun. *brofist*

Chaos Greyblood
May 18th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Hahahaha, what's wrong? The Ninja Gaiden Trilogy is fun. It's not the total suffering people make it out to be, but I agree it has its hard parts.

Achievement: Finishing Ninja Gaiden II in one sitting; and I was around 10 when I did this. I would do it again.
CMOA: Beating a high ranked Ken player in SFIV. He goofed on one of his jumps and culminated my comeback by beathing his brains out with Abel's Soulless UC. Also, 10-game winning streak in one day.

ItsaRandomUsername
May 18th, 2011, 02:04 AM
^^Seriously?

Major Brofist for that one Irun. *brofist*

I sweated like a marathon runner the entire time I was doing it, too.

My poor thumbs....

[accepts brofist]

Chaos Greyblood
May 18th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Motherfucking birds! =D

Five_X
May 18th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Here are a few pictures that sum up a pretty recent achievement:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6383/rometw2011051212214389.jpg

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7025/rometw2011051212220792.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2262/rometw2011051212215907.jpg

I'm a big fan of Rome: Total War, specifically the Europa Barbarorum mod, and I was amazed when I managed to win this victory. I was outmatched nearly 1:2 (taking into account my enemy's better equipped and trained army) and I had to fight not only an army of 1800 attacking from the front, but a force of almost 500 that surprised me from behind. Most of my phalanxes (roughly 300(!) men in total) were tied up fighting a losing battle against 1800 superior Egyptians, leaving me with pretty crap troops to repel three phalanxes, heavy infantry and some cavalry and spearmen. I just barely managed to defeat this stronger force, losing most of my phalanxes that weren't at the bridge, and sent the rest of my troops behind the bridge phalanxes, with me forgetting to rally the phalanxes at all. In the end very nearly every one of the 1800 enemy soldiers (one puny survivor) were destroyed by my three phalanxes, with one phalanx getting 800 kills, compared to 45 losses. It was an EPIC win. The pictures above truly show how badass it was.

I only wish I could've made a replay or something.

ItsaRandomUsername
May 18th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Motherfucking birds! =D

Little bastards.

Chaos Greyblood
May 18th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Fortunately, if you know how to get around them, they won't be that much of a bother. The birds' speed is their biggest asset and their weakness as well.

Achievement: Defeating Shin Bison in SFA3 in Hardest III. He was one nasty mofo, and his Psycho Crusher was total cheapness. Once I figured out how to be wary of it, though... >:3
CMOA: Beating my brother with Skullomania in SFEX + Alpha various times. I've always counted on Skullomania to get around my bro's Ryu and he consistently beat my ass in the past.

RoadBuster
May 18th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Achievement: Landing the Tomcat in Top Gun? lol

CMoA: Going over an hour straight of opponents in Marvel Vs. Capcom on a single credit. Also having the top score on MvC, MSHvsSF, and XMvsSF all at the same time.

Blue
May 18th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I recently pulled off a taunt kill in Team Fortress 2 with the Spy for achievement. That was pretty damn funny.

Getting Lionheart in Disc 1. I know this is easy, but hell is it tedious!

Beating Bloody Palace in Devil May Cry 4. Dear lord, it took 2 hours of nerves. Twice I had to just pause the game to get up and walk around for a bit to calm down. So exhausting. I was going "omigod omigod omigod" the entire Dante fight.

Getting the AaAaAaAa!!! secret level potato. That was pretty cool.

Last Arc-ing or Perfect-ing in Melty Blood Act Cadenza. I just enjoy doing well in that game a lot. Hell, even pulling off a Satsuki combo feels good.

Absorbing the cake in the secret Portal 2 level in The Wonderful End of the World.

Getting a Killing Spree in a DotA game using Panda with 2.5 second delay.

Also, the rush of pulling off Guy's grab ultra. I LOVE THAT ULTRA, but I hate double half circles.

Looking back on my gaming life, I've never been the hardcore type, but I've done some things that I can be proud of even if they don't impress other people.

Rue
May 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Beating those broken, cheating, #^@&#! A.I. Enemy ACs in any Armored Core games.

You know them, always knowing where you are with no radar, ungodly aiming and evading skills, Human Plus by default abilities, some even have their unique weapons that has "Yo' gonna' get screwed over if it even scratches you" written all over it, etc...victory over their cheap asses after a grueling beatdown after beatdown is ever oh so sweet. (Dropping the controller and raising both arms are optional, yet recommended for full glory).

Kratosirving
May 18th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Hmm, this is a bit of a toughy.

Old Achievement: Getting one of my HC Barbs to Level 99 before dying to a shitstorm of lag in a Meph run. :(

New Achievement: Completing every mission in the Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty Campaign on Brutal difficulty. God that was a piece of work. Love my human Kerrigan portrait though. ^_^

CMoA: Getting my ass handed to me in a 3 person FFA match between me and my friends on Warcraft 3, and when they thought I was good and dead they left me alone and started killing each other, and I up and used the Frost Wyrms I had successfully hid and wiped them both out when their armies were decimated. That was a fun day, I got so much cursing from it. :D

Yeah, I like Blizzard games, but so sue me.

Mcjon01
May 18th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Felt pretty awesome when I beat stage 4-6 in Disgaea 4. I was hilariously underleveled and forgot to refill my healing items before going in, so I had to spend about a half hour abusing warp tiles to pull hit and run tactics with Val. Everybody else was dead, and I had no SP and only 12 HP.

Blue
May 18th, 2011, 08:21 AM
New Achievement: Completing every mission in the Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty Campaign on Brutal difficulty. God that was a piece of work. Love my human Kerrigan portrait though. ^_^

ENVY!

Kratosirving
May 18th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Hehe, I made the half-assed Brutal Walkthrough that's up on GameFAQs right now actually.

Blue
May 18th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I've given up on SC2 for a while. The campaign was the only thing worth playing for me. Such a shame. And even then just Hard difficulty kicked my ass on some missions.

Kratosirving
May 18th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Some missions are just a pisser to do on the higher difficulties; Welcome to the Jungle and Supernova are the two that come to mind immediately.

Blue
May 18th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Zero Hour is still one of the most frustrating things I've done. Mostly because you know how easy it would be if you had more stuff. Well okay, maybe not 'easy' per se, but easier at least.

Kratosirving
May 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Meh, too easy that one is, even on Brutal. Just salvage the forward Bunkers and defend the ramp into your main base with about 5-6 Bunkers full of Marines (9 on Brutal) and ring the edges with Missile Turrets for the Mutalisks.

Blue
May 18th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I know I suck x.x Oh I remember now. I was trying to get the extra achievements for Hard diff on Brutal XD
HAHAHAHAHHA... yeah...

Ligerleon89
May 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Achievement: Completed Megaman Zero 1,2,3,and 4.
That's the only achievement I did so far this year.

Lotus Saint
May 18th, 2011, 10:12 AM
The only things noteworthy that I did was beating FF1 with only a single WM, and beating Metroid Prime on hard mode with only 2 energy tanks. ;_;

Ruca_Milda
May 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
CmoA's:Tales of Innocence, grinding enough on one of the first dungeons to a level where I can beat the boss.

With no EXP boosts or anything of the like, btw.

I think there are a few other CMoA's I did, but my memory is foggy as hell.

Oh! Wait, there is another one! Somehow dodged Nanaya's Another Arc-Drive that would kill me with Akiha's 214D while netplaying. That counts, right? >:

KENTA
May 18th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Most recent was playing Fight Night Round 3. Playing on Hard after not playing the game for a long time. Won the Welterweight Amateur Title in the 5th round with a cross counter. He went down, I did not.

Ligerleon89
May 18th, 2011, 02:08 PM
CmoA's:Tales of Innocence, grinding enough on one of the first dungeons to a level where I can beat the boss.

With no EXP boosts or anything of the like, btw.

I think there are a few other CMoA's I did, but my memory is foggy as hell.

Oh! Wait, there is another one! Somehow dodged Nanaya's Another Arc-Drive that would kill me with Akiha's 214D while netplaying. That counts, right? >:

Yeah kinda counts. At least you didn't have to put up with taking Megaman Zero series in all of a difficulty, especially hard mode which is insane than the original difficulty.

I have another achievement: Beat Sonic Colors, obtained the Seven chaos emeralds and Super Sonic.
Klonoa door to phantomile and empire of dreams beaten. So simple.
Beat Sin and Punishment 2 in Normal Mode, now have to beat Hard difficulty.....Oh crap.
Custom Robo Arena Beat the first part of the story now comes the Grand Battle part.

Tobias
May 18th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Anyone in here ever play Bucky O' Hare for the NES? That game was......different.

LIKE 10000 TIMES!!!!

also, I suppose my CMoA would have to be the multiplayer in black ops where I went full rambo to the point that all I could hear was people talking about was me on the voice system.

Com chatter, situation, score 800 to 400, every kill is mine, 0 deaths: holy god we already have a chopper?????
(note, this is like 20 seconds into the match)
more chatter: its this guy layoth, are you watching this? his is killing it!

Com chatter, situation, score 1900, enemy 700 0 deaths, 2 kills that werent mine: There is no way this guy isnt like a developer or something
more chatter: what guild is he in?
more chatter: he isnt in one!
more chatter: Oh dude, he just got shot into last stand, I wanna see if I can save his streak!
(note, actual perk called "second chance" but some people call it last stand, for some reason, also, I didnt want to be saved at this time because I had gone through all kill streak rewards and wanted a fresh set)
more chatter: damn, couldnt get there, now he is at 17....and 1

Com chatter, situation, score 3400, enemy 1900 2 deaths, (like) 6 kills that werent mine: He has a fucking HEINZ??
More chatter: Hey guys, i'm gonna make a soda or something, anyone want nachos? I dont think we are needed here

situation, end match result, 7500 enemy 4300, personal score, 3400, 4 deaths
*tobias opens PSN mail*
*deluge of friend requests*

actually had matches like that on other occasions, that was just the one where the impromptu fanclub was cool.

Lavender
May 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Completing I Wanna Be The Guy on Hard felt like quite an achievement at the time, but I think many people can complete it as long as they put their mind to.

Blue
May 18th, 2011, 07:29 PM
LIKE 10000 TIMES!!!!

also, I suppose my CMoA would have to be the multiplayer in black ops where I went full rambo to the point that all I could hear was people talking about was me on the voice system.

Com chatter, situation, score 800 to 400, every kill is mine, 0 deaths: holy god we already have a chopper?????
(note, this is like 20 seconds into the match)
more chatter: its this guy layoth, are you watching this? his is killing it!

Com chatter, situation, score 1900, enemy 700 0 deaths, 2 kills that werent mine: There is no way this guy isnt like a developer or something
more chatter: what guild is he in?
more chatter: he isnt in one!
more chatter: Oh dude, he just got shot into last stand, I wanna see if I can save his streak!
(note, actual perk called "second chance" but some people call it last stand, for some reason, also, I didnt want to be saved at this time because I had gone through all kill streak rewards and wanted a fresh set)
more chatter: damn, couldnt get there, now he is at 17....and 1

Com chatter, situation, score 3400, enemy 1900 2 deaths, (like) 6 kills that werent mine: He has a fucking HEINZ??
More chatter: Hey guys, i'm gonna make a soda or something, anyone want nachos? I dont think we are needed here

situation, end match result, 7500 enemy 4300, personal score, 3400, 4 deaths
*tobias opens PSN mail*
*deluge of friend requests*

actually had matches like that on other occasions, that was just the one where the impromptu fanclub was cool.

That... is awesome. Hahahahha XD

Once upon a time I was able to perfect Bride in Dream on Normal difficulty in O2 Jam. That's so pathetic in terms of O2 Jam skill though...

Erlkonig
May 18th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Completed Stage 1 in Battletoads.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UGqcuJO7b4w/TT3b64HilXI/AAAAAAAAAGs/2rmuEn6x-J0/s1600/Fuck-Yea.png

Mcjon01
May 18th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Completed Stage 1 in Battletoads.

The developers of that game could have saved a lot of time and money if they didn't bother programming anything after stage 3, because lord knows I'm never going to see it anyway.

Lotus Saint
May 18th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I made it through Battle Toads stage 2.

And although this isn't Vidya related, I managed to watch Battletoads the animation.

Alulim
May 18th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Achievement: Completing 100% of Okami, Stray Beads and all. Defeating the last Blockhead should count as one all by itself.

Currently working on the same for Okamiden.

mewarmo990
May 19th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Considered playing Super Meat Boy. Then I made a sandwich.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UGqcuJO7b4w/TT3b64HilXI/AAAAAAAAAGs/2rmuEn6x-J0/s1600/Fuck-Yea.png

Blue
May 19th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I should finish that some day. I'm up to Hell. Gotten all but 1 of the light world levels A+'d Unfortunately I haven't done many Dark Worlds yet. And Warp Zones still kick my ass.

Big fan of Brownie the boss.

Optimus
May 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I have some moments of Crowning Awesome/Achievements that I don't mind sharing.

I got a 90% of found items in Super Metroid. Then I completed all the 96 levels in Super Mario World. Later, thanks to a friend's help I completed the G/S Pokedex with all them Pokemanz, included Mew and Celebi. Oh, and I got all the 120 Stars of Super Mario 64. Clearing all the cups of Mario Kart 64 with gold, including the mirror ones (That was a pain in the ass), clearing the R-2 modes in Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2... Years later, I reached the 5th Stratum in EOI. I got all the star coins in 9-7 of New Super Mario Bros., and right now I'm busy trying to clear SMB: The Lost Levels.

Those are the ones that come to my head right now as really, really awesome.

Ligerleon89
May 19th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Achievement: Completing 100% of Okami, Stray Beads and all. Defeating the last Blockhead should count as one all by itself.

Currently working on the same for Okamiden.

Did the same as well.

Alulim
May 19th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Woot! Fellow Okami fan~

Ligerleon89
May 19th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Woot! Fellow Okami fan~

Thanks! the game is so much fun.

hbomb
May 19th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Got the the Big Boss Emblem in MGS4.
Got 2nd place in a Pokemon tournament.
Beat the final Boss in the SSBB on intense without taking damage and turning him into a trophy.
Put 700 hours into Pokemon Sapphire (do not ask what i was doing)

Mcjon01
May 19th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I felt pretty good about myself when I managed to get SS rank on every mission in Armored Core 4 during the week I had it rented. Never actually played any of the other games in the series, though, I'm kind of afraid I wouldn't be to enjoy them since they're supposed to be less arcade-y than 4 was.

Ligerleon89
May 21st, 2011, 09:51 PM
Beat Sin and Punishment 2 with co-op as Kachi. That game is gold. A must buy for all Treasure fans.

Marth
May 21st, 2011, 10:09 PM
Woot! Fellow Okami fan~

*is also a fan*

Alulim
May 21st, 2011, 10:17 PM
Hooray! Fans unite~

MZeroX
May 21st, 2011, 11:07 PM
All aboard the Okama chain bang Okami fan train?

Mcjon01
May 21st, 2011, 11:09 PM
I'm a fan. I'd wager that there's relatively few people who aren't, among the people that played it.

Though I guess that's just daring people to come out and reveal that they didn't enjoy it.

Tobias
May 21st, 2011, 11:30 PM
it was great on the ps2, and sucked on the wii.

....heh, sucked on the wii.

Ligerleon89
May 21st, 2011, 11:58 PM
it was great on the ps2, and sucked on the wii.

....heh, sucked on the wii.

I beat Okami on the Wii, it is fine.

Alulim
May 22nd, 2011, 02:10 AM
I have the PS2 version, the only problem with it that the wii lacks is the loading time.

Altima of the Gates
May 22nd, 2011, 11:08 PM
Just yesterday, I was playing Fallout:New Vegas, in this one firefight I got three guys with one frag grenade in V.A.T.S and the last two were headshots with the shotgun from across the room without V.A.T.S.

I am proud of it because I have bad eyesight and suck at shooters.

Kratosirving
May 22nd, 2011, 11:18 PM
Nice Altima. I'll post one for my friend since he just reminded me of it. Way back in the good ol' days of Counter-Strike he'd do this all the time: On maps where you have to run across long open distances completely set up for snipers like cs_siege, he'd have a field day no-scoping everyone, including the AWPwhores, with the Scout.

No real reward other than extreme jolly getter offers, but fucking awesome none the less. Unfortunately he kept getting kicked since ppl thought he hacked, but fuck em.

eddyak
May 24th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Nice Altima. I'll post one for my friend since he just reminded me of it. Way back in the good ol' days of Counter-Strike he'd do this all the time: On maps where you have to run across long open distances completely set up for snipers like cs_siege, he'd have a field day no-scoping everyone, including the AWPwhores, with the Scout.

No real reward other than extreme jolly getter offers, but fucking awesome none the less. Unfortunately he kept getting kicked since ppl thought he hacked, but fuck em.
Rofl, I don't tend to play those sniper games (mainly cos AWPfaggots and the fact that I get about 15fps on good days, meaning i'm about a millisecond behind the guy who shoots me in the face), but I got pretty much the same thing, only with budget guns. Everyone else grabs AK47s and M16s and Deagles, I hit the streets with a P90 or pump action shotgun and default terrorist pistol, get right in their faces, and get three kills a match.

mewarmo990
May 25th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Rofl, I don't tend to play those sniper games (mainly cos AWPfaggots and the fact that I get about 15fps on good days, meaning i'm about a millisecond behind the guy who shoots me in the face), but I got pretty much the same thing, only with budget guns. Everyone else grabs AK47s and M16s and Deagles, I hit the streets with a P90 or pump action shotgun and default terrorist pistol, get right in their faces, and get three kills a match.

SCOUTZKNIVEZ FOREVER

Ligerleon89
May 27th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Sonic Unleashed. Pulled off a S-rank in every day and night stages finally.
Klonoa (Wii) beat all stages, including stages in reversal mode, collected all medals in reverse mode, collected all dreamstones in every stage.
Custom Robo (Gamecube): Obtained all Robos and their parts, Beat the Grand Battle Story mode with all Gold Trophies. I did it before, And I did it again.

eddyak
May 27th, 2011, 02:26 PM
SCOUTZKNIVEZ FOREVER
de_dust2, cs_assault, $2000$ are awesome.

Ligerleon89
May 27th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Beat Thunder Force IV in Maniac mode (aka Very Hard Mode) Forget the score, it was bad enough I nearly got wiped out in the game.

Kratosirving
May 27th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Beat Thunder Force IV in Maniac mode (aka Very Hard Mode) Forget the score, it was bad enough I nearly got wiped out in the game.

Heheh, I can never resist climbing the roof, infiltrating the ducts, and tossing a Grenade out and hitting the hostages on accident :(

Ligerleon89
May 29th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Well I beat Cynthia, Pokemon Champion in Pearl. FINALLY YES WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :) :) :D

Alulim
May 30th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Beat that ages ago. I beat every pokemon game I ever played.

Ligerleon89
May 30th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Beat that ages ago. I beat every pokemon game I ever played.

As did I, it took me a bit long to finish Pearl though, I didn't play it as much for some reason. I am now just finishing up Black and White.

KENTA
May 31st, 2011, 07:20 AM
After squandering a metric fuckton of opportunities, I finally beat Mickie Ward in the 8th round with absolutely NO stamina, and according to the crappy commentary the ref was about to stop the fight due to my face turning into a menstruating vagina.

Ligerleon89
May 31st, 2011, 09:55 PM
Record of Agarest War. Defeated second dungeon boss without any of my party members killed. Nearly hit the 50 combo mark. I had the game saved onto another file rather than overwrite it so I could try again.

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
June 1st, 2011, 12:11 AM
Bad Company 2

killed 6 people by planting a shitton of C4 on an ATV, driving it into a flag area, and then detonating it

Ligerleon89
June 9th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Strike Gunner (S.T.G)

Beat the game in Hard mode with a friend, then I beat the game solo (by myself).

mewarmo990
June 9th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Bad Company 2

killed 6 people by planting a shitton of C4 on an ATV, driving it into a flag area, and then detonating it

I HATE you.

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
June 10th, 2011, 12:22 AM
I HATE you.
trolololololololololol

we should play sometime, I'm magnum9797 on EA

eddyak
June 10th, 2011, 08:22 AM
C&C Generals: My greatest win. Ever. 6 Hard armies against me and a friend, was barely surviving at the beginning, friend was almost wiped out, he hid a worker in my base and started to build inside my base, then I barely managed to scrape together some decent tanks and defences, destroyed the two beside me from behind where their defences were weakest and after they'd sent out attacks against others, and DOMINATED the rest of the round after I took their supplies and oil derricks. Ended the round with most of their dead bases literally covered with my rocket-soldier humvees and Commanches. Also carved shapes in their bases with multiple Particle Cannons. Was epic as fuck.

Tesculpture
June 10th, 2011, 05:11 PM
CMoA? So many. Let's see...

The best CMoA would be playing Gunblade NY at a local arcade...and discovering how much fun life can be when:
-EVERYTHING explodes, be it cars and crates you accidentally shoot, enemies you kill, or just every single bullet you fire as it impacts with something. And naturally, each boss dies with a massive nuclear mushroom cloud style explosion.
-You have an automatic weapon with unlimited ammo, no reloading, and no overheating. Holding the trigger down FTW!
-You are riding in a helicopter whose more notable aerobatics include flying through a hedge, through the ground level of a multistory carpark, and between the wires of a suspension bridge.

I hear you can get Gunblade NY on Wii now. Excellent, but it won't be the same without the the proper guns the arcade machine had.

Blue
June 10th, 2011, 11:41 PM
The kickback on that thing is pretty powerful as well XD Hard to emulate that.

Ligerleon89
June 18th, 2011, 12:38 AM
No kidding with Gunblade NY, that game is awesome.

Bargadiel
June 20th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Playing Demon's Souls when this guy joins my map as a Black Phantom and tries to kill me. I can hear him casting these really high level spells and he had a mess of different gear on too. I see him from above on a tall cliff looking down at my character, then he steps forward, falling of the cliff; killing himself.

Oh yeah, and I beat Demon's Souls. I know it's not much considering some people play it like 100000 times through but I felt pretty accomplished. On my newgame plus I beat the first boss then Immediately went to stage 5 and cleared it through, then killed Garl Vinland black phantom. Beautiful final boss fight.

KENTA
June 20th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I hate world 5. With a fiery passion.

Ligerleon89
June 21st, 2011, 07:23 PM
Multi Racing Championship. The only that I've acccomplished in that game is beating a mystery off-road vehicle in all 3 races, and unlocked it.

Mereo Flere
June 22nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
My brother and I used to play games together all of the time. Whenever there was a co-op, we'd both sit on the couch side by side and play, even if the co-op was something as silly as the "2 player" mode you would find in Final Fantasy 6. Even if it was a single player campaign, one of us would watch the other, taking turns on something that was difficult.

Tales of Vesperia was one of the last attempts at playing together, and it was pretty successful. I was on break, so I was visiting home, and we managed to get through most of the game before I realized I needed to head back to college early to take care of things. So, we did a speed run, missing out on a couple of sidequest things but still getting most of them - one thing we didn't skip, however, were the Fell Weapons.

So, there we were on the last day I could stay, with the final battle still waiting for us. We attempted it once, and managed to beat the first forms without any difficulty. Then we found out that we had unlocked a secret true end boss form and got utterly wrecked in about five minutes.

After that, we just sort of stared at the screen for about a minute before looking at the clock. Time was ticking.

Since this had been a speed run, we were already underlevelled to begin with for the regular boss fight. We also refused to change the difficulty back to normal, since we were too prideful to do something so lame. So, after a few minor preparations (filling up the OL gauge, changing equipment setups), we went back into battle. Once again, we beat the early forms. Then, we reached the battle where he completely curb stomped us before.

Yuri, Karol, Rita, and Estelle. That was our setup. I was Karol, playing the healer, while my brother was playing Yuri. Rita and Estelle were both on the "fuck his shit up with magic" setting, with their spells on shortcut for good measure.

It took us about an hour of straight fighting, using up nearly all of our recovery items in the process, but I left that day with no regrets. We beat him on our terms, and there has been no victory sweeter since.

Ruca_Milda
June 23rd, 2011, 12:38 PM
Couldn't you have used Repede and spammed Gale Dog or something? IIRC, it makes him invulnerable, but then again I never played Vesperia. :x

Mereo Flere
June 24th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Repede was underutilized by us to begin with, and probably wouldn't have the TP to defeat him even with all of the TP restoration items we had at the time. We could have used Estelle's invincibility magic until it became permanent, but that would just be boring.

Blue
June 24th, 2011, 04:39 AM
I vastly prefer the CMoA version. That sounded epic.