PDA

View Full Version : Garden of Avalon

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kirby
March 21st, 2015, 09:06 PM
I don't know shit about this, other than it's a Saber short story that came with the BDs. I'm just posting so the other threads don't get clogged.

Translations by arai:

Kay's part (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5680-Garden-of-Avalon?p=1868928&viewfull=1#post1868928)
Lancelot's part (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5680-Garden-of-Avalon?p=1888770&viewfull=1#post1888770)
About Rhon (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5680-Garden-of-Avalon?p=1836974&viewfull=1#post1836974)
VS Vortigern (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5680-Garden-of-Avalon?p=1841686&viewfull=1#post1841686)

A smaller version of GoA (42 mb total):
http://g.e-hentai.org/g/914177/5c6277a9fd/?p=1

SeiKeo
March 21st, 2015, 09:06 PM
I don't like thing, and demand that TM stop milking Fate this instant instead of spending their time on new releases, such as Tsukihime Remake.

Christemo
March 21st, 2015, 09:07 PM
what Leo said

Leftovers
March 21st, 2015, 09:10 PM
:sader:

Kirby
March 21st, 2015, 09:11 PM
guys pls

I3uster
March 21st, 2015, 09:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2w1SDnD.jpg

belongs in here i guess

Christemo
March 21st, 2015, 09:12 PM
This isnt the Inuyasha thread

Arashi_Leonhart
March 21st, 2015, 09:13 PM
Oh, that's what I keep thinking of. Merlin's look reminds me of Shirou Hitsujikai in Ookami-san. Voiced by Suwabe. Who voices Merlin in Realta Nua. It all comes around.

SeiKeo
This isn't the Apocrypha thread

hinode
「……王は人の気持ちが分からない、だと?
トリスタン卿……いや、ブリテンの騎士はみな思い違いをしている。

The non-believer was Tristan.

[20:32] <Reiu> "King Arthur does not understand human feelings," they say?
[20:32] <Reiu> WELL THEY'RE WRONG
[20:32] <Reiu> is the gist of what I quoted from You.
[20:32] <Reiu> thanks for telling us what to think, Merlin

;w;
I only wanted to show the world the answer to the mystery of "who was that knight who told off Saber."

魔術世界では概念受胎と言うらしいな。竜を人にするのではなく、人に竜の機能を付けるものだと か。元が人間 であれ、中身におかしなものが混ざっているんだ。

Maybe this one is better?
How Dragon Factor works.

You get a human and get to function as a dragon. Later on it talks about dragon organs.

- - - Updated - - -

Read it for Kay, the true hero of Saber's story.

I think that's all the actual info originally posted in the the Badass Vs thread.

Tobias
March 21st, 2015, 09:14 PM
There aren't a lot of things I wouldn't do for money if I'm being perfectly honest.

hell, I kicked in some cash on the encyclopedia, I would kick in 20 bucks.

why not start a BL style kickstarter or something and trawl avalon if you really wanted to work something out

Seika
March 21st, 2015, 09:16 PM
hell, I kicked in some cash on the encyclopedia

I would kick in 20 bucks.
I don't see the logic.

I3uster
March 21st, 2015, 09:17 PM
One guy there already offered 200 bucks, lets go Mcjon.

Arashi_Leonhart
March 21st, 2015, 09:18 PM
what really

Reiu
It's all yours Mcjon.

Nihilm

why not start a BL style kickstarter or something and trawl avalon if you really wanted to work something out

I have to say I feel like a BL style kickstarted should be done for something better.

- - - Updated - - -

what really

Yea

Kirby
March 21st, 2015, 09:19 PM
Clocktower 2015 pls

- - - Updated - - -

Garden of Avalon is a light novel, correct? I dunno...I would probably have to do some actual research in terms of cost for similar projects. However, I can't imagine it costing that much...$100 or 200 at max probably, right?

Tobias
March 21st, 2015, 09:20 PM
I don't see the logic.
I actually dont know how to rephrase it.

lets see, I guess in its most elemental form, I told him he might try seeing if there was enough nerds with access to paypal and discretionary income to buy him off on a TL project.

Christemo
March 21st, 2015, 09:20 PM
http://gengo.com/pricing-languages/

peanuts
March 21st, 2015, 09:21 PM
$100 or 200 at max probably, right?

lolwhat

Siriel
March 21st, 2015, 09:22 PM

Considering that we aren't allowed to link to piracy and stuff is it actually allowed to encourage payment for an unauthorized translation of someone's work?

Arashi_Leonhart
Nobody tell them it's less than a hundred pages and that they're absolutely correct for a price range.

Mcjon01
One guy there already offered 200 bucks, lets go Mcjon.

At ten cents a character my off the cuff estimation of the price puts the actual cost around $5,000~7,000.

Siriel
March 21st, 2015, 09:23 PM
lolwhat

C'mon don't tell me 1$ per half an hour of work doesn't sound good.

I3uster
March 21st, 2015, 09:24 PM
At ten cents a character my off the cuff estimation of the price puts the actual cost around $5,000~7,000.

I assume you wanted to translate it anyway out of the goodness of your heart and had your unbound drive only slightly boosted by the promise of a grateful donation, not that you actually wanted to get paid like it was a real job.

Seika
March 21st, 2015, 09:24 PM
I actually dont know how to rephrase it.
You paid money for something that hasn't happened. Logically, this discourages you from paying money into similar things, not encourages you.

It's a joke.

Reiu
March 21st, 2015, 09:25 PM
Nobody tell them it's less than a hundred pages

???

http://i.imgur.com/h9XjE5N.jpg

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 09:26 PM
I assume you wanted to translate it anyway out of the goodness of your heart and had your unbound drive only slightly boosted by the promise of a grateful donation, not that you actually wanted to get paid like it was a real job.

Papa's got bills to pay

Tobias
March 21st, 2015, 09:27 PM
You paid money for something that hasn't happened. Logically, this discourages you from paying money into similar things, not encourages you.

It's a joke.

mcjon's encyclopedia/dictionary thing didnt happen? in that case he owes me 50 bucks.

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 09:28 PM
It's gone

- - - Updated - - -

The 50 bucks I mean.

Arashi_Leonhart
???

It starts on page 4.

Seika
It starts on P4, and counts two pages of illustration too. It is under 100.

Kirby
March 21st, 2015, 09:29 PM
What's the other illustration?

I3uster
March 21st, 2015, 09:29 PM
Papa's got bills to pay
If you rely on waifuists needing TL to pay your bills you're going to land on the street by the time that occulus + onahole combo goes mass market.

You
March 21st, 2015, 09:30 PM
The expedition Saber went on before the rebellion was actually to Rome.
Gawain died 1vs1-ing Mordred at the landing.
Arthur didn't show up until Kay died there.
Then it became a war of attrition. On the morning of the 7th day was Camlann.
Arthur pierced Mordred and Mordred cut her helmet open with Clarent. She got Mikiya'd and basically lost sight in one eye. That's why in the Zero stuff and everything you see her with blood on her face I guess.
Alaya actually responds to her, that's good to know.

地に落ちたまま天を睨む王の願いを聞き届けたものは、惑星ではなく人間だ。
惑星は文明の終わりを受け入れるが、
惑星の霊長となった人間は文明の終わりを拒み続ける。
それは人々の集合無意識が作り上げた 人の世界 の防衛装置。
それは人類史を継続させる為に多くの記録、多くの力を取りこみながら、人理の終わりまで在り続ける魂の貯蔵 庫。
ようは限度額のない高利貸しだ。

I guess this Nasu take on Arthurian myth is good.

Pillzman

Some kind of BL patreon for the moonies, maybe

Reiu
It starts on page 4.

w-what if you count the table of contents

Oh wait, forget it, I'm not translating it so I shouldn't be the one exaggerating the page count!

Seika
mcjon's encyclopedia/dictionary thing didnt happen? in that case he owes me 50 bucks.
Oh. Thought you meant BL wiki.

That's what I get for not paying attention for fifteen months.

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 09:31 PM
It starts on P4, and counts two pages of illustration too. It is under 100.

What kind of hack doesn't translate the table of contents and the publishing information?

Tobias
so just doing some number running

assuming 100 pages, at the standard rate of 200 ish words per page (I dunno if this is larger or smaller then what the internet says is average so I just plugged in the mediun)

would bill an extremely rough amount of 1000. so even assuming that 200 offer was genuine...which strikes me as questionable... there would still be quite a gap to go. though, not one im not 100% would be impossible

Reiu
What kind of hack doesn't translate the table of contents and the publishing information?

Good man, Mcjon.

Kirby
What's it say?

Seika
March 21st, 2015, 09:32 PM
What's the other illustration?
Literally some few trees. It's the forest near Camlann. You don't care.

It always is. Plus that was in Mordred's CM entry already, IIRC.

You
March 21st, 2015, 09:33 PM
What's it say?
Fuck yeah Humanity.

Arashi_Leonhart
Good man, Mcjon.

Equals taking away the two page splash of trees.

Okay, the trees have one line each on them, so it would count more than a hundred if you really count one entire page of one phrase as a page of work.

Reiu
Fuck yeah Humanity.

Yes, I agree, Humanity's a great source for TM info.

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 09:34 PM
so just doing some number running

assuming 100 pages, at the standard rate of 200 ish words per page (I dunno if this is larger or smaller then what the internet says is average so I just plugged in the mediun)

would bill an extremely rough amount of 1000. so even assuming that 200 offer was genuine...which strikes me as questionable... there would still be quite a gap to go. though, not one im not 100% would be impossible

Keep in mind that Gengo does not represent the industry standard even a little and that they're only able to charge their customers those rock-bottom prices by paying their translators slave wages and operating on a razor-thin margin.

peanuts
March 21st, 2015, 09:35 PM
I'm not even sure what the industry standard is anymore.

You
It always is. Plus that was in Mordred's CM entry already, IIRC.
Oh it is. Good consistency.

Tobias
Keep in mind that Gengo does not represent the industry standard even a little and that they're only able to charge their customers those rock-bottom prices by paying their translators slave wages and operating on a razor-thin margin.

so they treat thier translaters generally speaking better then most nerds on anime forums, is what you are telling me.

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 09:36 PM
I'm not even sure what the industry standard is anymore.
Well it has to be higher than Gengo, at least, or else every translator out there would have starved to death a long time ago.

You
March 21st, 2015, 09:36 PM
Yes, I agree, Humanity's a great source for TM info.
Oh I have to check his twitter. He said he's going back to anime japan today. Thanks for reminding me.

peanuts
March 21st, 2015, 09:38 PM
Well it has to be higher than Gengo, at least, or else every translator out there would have starved to death a long time ago.

Lots of outsourcing to India and so lately.

Broke
March 21st, 2015, 09:38 PM
Meanwhile, Garden of Avalon sits un-talked about.

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 09:39 PM
Meanwhile, Garden of Avalon sits un-talked about.

Toss a couple grand my way and I'll give you something to talk about.

Kirby
March 21st, 2015, 09:40 PM
Does fishie like Saber?

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 09:42 PM
Lots of outsourcing to India and so lately.

That's a little disappointing to hear. Though I guess not entirely unexpected. :(

SeiKeo
Does fishie like Saber?
Likes Magic cards more.

You
魔術の王ソロモンが没してから神秘の減少は加速していった。そして五百年前、ついに神代は完全 に終了した。
SOLOMON!

peanuts
March 21st, 2015, 09:50 PM
Other than poor rates, first thing to expect as a professional translator is an inconsistent salary and months of no income.

- - - Updated - - -

SOLOMON!

Solomon ruins things not only in Magi but in the Fate world too.

Arashi_Leonhart
March 21st, 2015, 09:52 PM
Other than poor rates, first thing to expect as a professional translator is an inconsistent salary and months of no income.

So like writing, only you're writing someone else's words and not your own.

I should've gone into IT.

SkitZoFrenic
March 21st, 2015, 10:11 PM
So after reading this thread..yeah, apparently I grossly underestimated the cost. Since I don't read LNs ever...I assumed this would be ~50 pages at max...because 100+ pages is anything but "light" lol. As far as the translation costs, I suppose I did say "find a translator"...but I should have clarified that. Find me a fan translator that is willing to do this...because there is literally no reason to have this professionally done (unless of course you people are planning on selling the translated copies or there are absolutely no other alternatives). If $1000 is literally the cheapest possible, I suppose I could fit the bill for roughly half or so.

So yeah, if anyone could find a fan translator that is willing to do it for cheaper, that would be for the best. However, is this is the only option...then...I guess this is the only option >.>

Arashi_Leonhart
March 21st, 2015, 10:16 PM
Actually 100 pages is pretty light for a light novel. Not that this is a standard light novel.

Paitouch
March 21st, 2015, 10:16 PM
I set my LN length standards using Horizon.

Tobias
March 21st, 2015, 10:18 PM
while I am impressed at your disposable income, as I noted earlier, wouldnt a more pragmatic idea be to see what you can raise as a group instead of trying to carry the whole thing? I got 20 quid I could kick in, as I notedm which while not nearly 500 dollars, would be another step in the right direction

Arashi_Leonhart
March 21st, 2015, 10:20 PM
Or to not be like illegal or anything you could always buy the translator the very FSN:UBW bd volume that this comes bundled with.

SkitZoFrenic
March 21st, 2015, 10:22 PM
while I am impressed at your disposable income, as I noted earlier, wouldnt a more pragmatic idea be to see what you can raise as a group instead of trying to carry the whole thing? I got 20 quid I could kick in, as I notedm which while not nearly 500 dollars, would be another step in the right direction

Oh I fully agree...crowdsourcing the funds would be ideal, but fuck it...I want this done quick! ><

Paitouch
March 21st, 2015, 10:24 PM
Give me all the money. I'll have it done as soon as I finish Fire Girl.

peanuts
March 21st, 2015, 10:26 PM
quick! ><

Not going to happen.

hinode
March 21st, 2015, 10:27 PM
Give me all the money. I'll have it done as soon as I finish Fire Girl.

All seven volumes, I presume?

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 10:32 PM
Oh I fully agree...crowdsourcing the funds would be ideal, but fuck it...I want this done quick! ><
Get Jack to chip in with his YouTube money, he must be loaded from all those LPs.

Reiu
March 21st, 2015, 10:32 PM
why won't someone pay to have Red Dragon translated

it's because we're already doing it voluntarily, aren't we

Arashi_Leonhart
March 21st, 2015, 10:33 PM
More than a dozen people would have to know what Red Dragon is to begin with.

You
March 21st, 2015, 10:33 PM
その結果がアレだ。王はカムランの丘に留まり、死の淵であらゆる時代に召喚され、幾度となく聖杯を求めてい る。
So the 4th War isn't her first tussle.
Maybe it's referring to GO?

Kirby
March 21st, 2015, 10:34 PM
why pay with money when you can pay in epeen?

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 10:34 PM
I don't think that's new information.

Pillzman
March 21st, 2015, 10:37 PM
why won't someone pay to have Red Dragon translated

it's because we're already doing it voluntarily, aren't we

I'd pay, do you take pesos? :p

Tobias
March 21st, 2015, 10:38 PM
i dont even know what red dragon is

Reiu
March 21st, 2015, 10:38 PM

You...you got me there.

I'd pay, do you take pesos? :p

I appreciate the thought, that's very kind of you.

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 10:39 PM
i dont even know what red dragon is
It's a hue-shifted blue dragon.

Megas
March 21st, 2015, 10:40 PM

I always figured paying for unofficial translations were kinda illegal-ish.

Also, I hate paypal and bitcoin, and have no idea of how else to wire the money.

- - - Updated - - -

Was prepared to pay McJon 200 bucks for the BBCP codex.

But that's probably too little.

Mcjon01
March 21st, 2015, 10:48 PM
I always figured paying for unofficial translations were kinda illegal-ish.

Also, I hate paypal and bitcoin, and have no idea of how else to wire the money.
I also accept cash by mail.

- - - Updated - - -

Was prepared to pay McJon 200 bucks for the BBCP codex.

But that's probably too little.
Hey, as long as you send it to me upfront so I can use it to buy the game; I deleted my copy to make room for more Ryu ga Gotoku. :p

There's a Vita version now, right?

Arashi_Leonhart
March 21st, 2015, 10:57 PM
I wonder if I translate the first page or so, then go off the rails and write some fanfiction, if anyone who doesn't moon will notice or care.

Then it won't be illegal to be getting money for a translation. I'll be getting money for a doujin.

LJ3
March 21st, 2015, 10:59 PM
Gawain died 1vs1-ing Mordred at the landing.
Arthur didn't show up until Kay died there.
Then it became a war of attrition. On the morning of the 7th day was Camlann.
Arthur pierced Mordred and Mordred cut her helmet open with Clarent. She got Mikiya'd and basically lost sight in one eye. That's why in the Zero stuff and everything you see her with blood on her face I guess.

I guess this Nasu take on Arthurian myth is good.

A little strange to me to place the Roman expedition concurrently with Mordred's rebellion instead of campaign against Lancelot. As with not returning immediately but what I assume was delegating command to Kay and/or Gawain.

Though it kinda makes sense with Type Moon version; I'm assuming she must have regarded Rome too serious a threat to just pack it up, so better to dispatch a trustworthy task force while handling the Romans herself.

And it sounds like she got mad after Kay bought it. Does it say anything more on their relationship?

Bemused at Mordred beating Gawain one on one, though there's the small comfort of him already being grievously injured by Lancelot.

SOLOMON!

Huh, so does this mean a more concrete definition on Age of Gods and magic decline ie. Solomon's reign around 970 to 931 BC?

ItsaRandomUsername
March 21st, 2015, 11:00 PM
I wonder if I translate the first page or so, then go off the rails and write some fanfiction, if anyone who doesn't moon will notice or care.

Then it won't be illegal to be getting money for a translation. I'll be getting money for a doujin.

Translate it into moon, go to Japan and sell it.

Paitouch
March 21st, 2015, 11:09 PM
All seven volumes, I presume?

S-Sure. Also I haven't read this yet, so I should probably start with that.

You
March 21st, 2015, 11:11 PM
And it sounds like she got mad after Kay bought it. Does it say anything more on their relationship?
Yes. They talk about what type of King Britain needs.

「マーリンとウーサー王の夢物語には付き合えない。目に見えない王の証より、今どれだけの手勢と金、力を持 っているかで測る方が人間的だ。強力な統率者はいらない。お互い利害目的で協力し合う方が気楽でいいし、打 算も働かせやすいし。なにより、いざとなれば責任の所在をウヤムヤにできる。誰だって "全てを救う神の代弁者" なんてもの、見たくもなければなりたくもなかったのさ」

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, so does this mean a more concrete definition on Age of Gods and magic decline ie. Solomon's reign around 970 to 931 BC?
Mystery decline sped up when Solomon kicked the bucket. 500 years before Saber's time AOG was finished. However there are still some traces of AOG in the world.

Reiu
March 21st, 2015, 11:14 PM
Yes. They talk about what type of King Britain needs.

「マーリンとウーサー王の夢物語には付き合えない。目に見えない王の証より、今どれだけの手勢と金、力を持 っているかで測る方が人間的だ。強力な統率者はいらない。お互い利害目的で協力し合う方が気楽でいいし、打 算も働かせやすいし。なにより、いざとなれば責任の所在をウヤムヤにできる。誰だって "全てを救う神の代弁者" なんてもの、見たくもなければなりたくもなかったのさ」

Okay, I might finish reading this for Kay.

No pun intended.

You
March 21st, 2015, 11:17 PM
Okay, I might finish reading this for Kay.

No pun intended.

Read it for Kay, the true hero of Saber's story.

Tobias
March 21st, 2015, 11:31 PM
do your best reiu, show off that kay'n do spirit

Inuhanyou
March 22nd, 2015, 05:50 AM
A lot of interesting information it seems...although it sucks that Gaiwan got offed with so little resistance....

Also, The AOG is dangerously close to Arturia's period, but that makes sense i guess considering her blood. I could never tell whether she was apart of the AOG or a long time afterward

Kat
March 22nd, 2015, 05:56 AM
If you count centuries apart as dangerously close, given that CCC written by Nasu stated that the end of the Age of Gods coincides with BCE/CE transition.

Inuhanyou
March 22nd, 2015, 06:09 AM
Hm...considering how long history goes back, a few hundred years seems like a drop in the bucket, especially if your counting the primordial period

Kat
March 22nd, 2015, 06:12 AM
The centuries between when AoG approximately ended according to CCC and when events of Arthuria's reign could happen are roughly 1/4 of Age of Man, so not that short.

Thedoctor
March 22nd, 2015, 06:32 AM
More than a dozen people would have to know what Red Dragon is to begin with.

I've been a TM fan for 3 years and I didn't know what Red Dragon was until 2 days ago.

Kat
March 22nd, 2015, 06:34 AM
I know what Red Dragon is, but haven't read any of translations because of RL time constraints.

black1blade
March 22nd, 2015, 06:38 AM
I am going to enjoy the anime I know that.

Thedoctor
March 22nd, 2015, 06:41 AM
When is it gonna air?

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 06:46 AM
July, so summer season.

black1blade
March 22nd, 2015, 06:49 AM
Summer I think

Vagrant
March 22nd, 2015, 08:05 AM
Let's talk about something else that isn't Garden of Avalon, hey?

Like, uh... how are those Waver Case Files going anyway?

Kat
March 22nd, 2015, 08:12 AM
I think only one person is unironically interested in Gray, so no wonder there is no push for translation.

Strife ❤️
March 22nd, 2015, 08:16 AM
Anime/Manga/Merchandise/Doujin > Garden of Avalon

JetKinen
March 22nd, 2015, 09:46 AM

Like, uh... how are those Waver Case Files going anyway?
Its a one per year deal with those

Mcjon01
March 22nd, 2015, 10:07 AM
Where do you think we are?

You
March 22nd, 2015, 01:12 PM
Hm...considering how long history goes back, a few hundred years seems like a drop in the bucket, especially if your counting the primordial period

The centuries between when AoG approximately ended according to CCC and when events of Arthuria's reign could happen are roughly 1/4 of Age of Man, so not that short.

They called Arthur's period the final "romance era," basically there were vestiges of AOG stuff around, fairies, giants, sacred areas etc.

聖剣は星の内部で生まれ、星の手で鍛え上げられた神造兵器 いわばこのか星が作り上げた、星を滅ぼす外敵を想定して作られたものだ。
I'm crying.

LeadDemon
March 22nd, 2015, 02:41 PM
They called Arthur's period the final "romance era," basically there were vestiges of AOG stuff around, fairies, giants, sacred areas etc.

Don't we still have some traces of that sort of thing around, like the

werewolf village Lugh fell into

Or is that a different thing entirely?

You
March 22nd, 2015, 02:43 PM
Yeah, there are things that were allowed to go to the backside of the world and things that weren't.
For example, Fairies and Dragon souls were, Giants were not. It has something to do with humanity's view of them or something. I'd have to recheck.
There is a ton of lore information in Gardens.

Kirby
March 22nd, 2015, 02:46 PM
Okay, now this interests me.

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 02:53 PM
I'm crying.

google TL gives me something about planet and holy sword, whats it say?

Seika
March 22nd, 2015, 03:00 PM
google TL gives me something about planet and holy sword, whats it say?
Excalibur was forged to fight enemies of the planet. Interpret that as humanity or TYPEs as you wish, I guess. :p

Rockxas
March 22nd, 2015, 03:02 PM
Excalibur was forged to fight enemies of the planet. Interpret that as humanity or TYPEs as you wish, I guess. :p
Saber can solo Types, GG everyone else. :neco_arc:

You
March 22nd, 2015, 03:04 PM
The holy sword was created inside the planet. The planet forged -- created -- this Divine Construct in regards to foreign enemies who seeked to destroy the planet.

Sniped. Damn that was hard to phrase.

But it goes onto to say that it won't display it's true power unless it's a planet threatening thing.
F/GO and anti-purge defense hype?

Kat
March 22nd, 2015, 03:04 PM
Gaia surely is not a good judge of people if she gave such sword to a provincial ruler.

Unless Saxons used to be bent on destroying the world.

Vagrant
March 22nd, 2015, 03:08 PM
Whooosh.

You
Gaia surely is not a good judge of people if she gave such sword to a provincial ruler.

Camelot was rebuilt by a lot by fairies. The round table served as the foundation stone while Excalibur powered the place.
Basically the round table was a Mystic Code.

Vagrant
Where do you think we are?

Whoosh

Tobias
So there is a full power mode we probably haven't seen yet. That's kinda badass

Vagrant
March 22nd, 2015, 03:10 PM
Excalibur vs Ea has a whole new era ahead of it.

Marmadillo
March 22nd, 2015, 03:11 PM

Yeah, but do we really need more Saberwanking?

SINIB
March 22nd, 2015, 03:12 PM
Clearly.

Cruor
March 22nd, 2015, 03:12 PM

I'm crying.

In Return of the King of Knights scene didn't they call Saber's era the Age of Legends or someshit

Sandstorm77
March 22nd, 2015, 03:14 PM

Saxons confirmed to be the envoys of the TYPEs.

Mcjon01
March 22nd, 2015, 03:15 PM
Whoosh
Right back atcha.

- - - Updated - - -

We saw it in Prototype. :neco_arc:

Kat
March 22nd, 2015, 03:17 PM
Camelot was rebuilt by a lot by fairies. The round table served as the foundation stone while Excalibur powered the place.

You are not rusing us?

Seika
March 22nd, 2015, 03:18 PM
伝説の時代、あらゆる戦場を制した騎士王が甦る。

From the Age of Legends, she who was victorious on every battlefield, the King of Knights is reborn.

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 03:18 PM
C H R I S T

Cruor
March 22nd, 2015, 03:19 PM
Saber summoned in England

does she get Camelot NP y/n

- - - Updated - - -

伝説の時代、あらゆる戦場を制した騎士王が甦る。

From the Age of Legends, she who was victorious on every battlefield, the King of Knights is reborn.

tyty Seika stronk

SINIB
March 22nd, 2015, 03:21 PM
伝説の時代、あらゆる戦場を制した騎士王が甦る。

what? What is this.

Strife ❤️
March 22nd, 2015, 03:22 PM
Welp I tried telling you guys Saber was the strongest servant.

Kat
Saber injuring Herakles in UBWanime was just a prelude to this wank.

Christemo
its wank

Seika
March 22nd, 2015, 03:24 PM
My ability to make sense out of GT and make non-commital paraphrases of it is faster than proper translations. Who knew?

what? What is this.

In Return of the King of Knights scene didn't they call Saber's era the Age of Legends or someshit

Cruor
March 22nd, 2015, 03:30 PM
what? What is this.

There's a scene called Return of the King of Knights in ataraxia. It happens when Saber gets a command spell to refill her entire Circuit (im assuming Dragon Reactor got nerfed for grail war lol). Then you get the line Seika posted before she does the 4 km step and kills Archer in a second.

So yeah, command spell restored her to life abilities.

mirakura
March 22nd, 2015, 03:30 PM

No, but monehh.

The new info is pretty cool too =3

Tobias
March 22nd, 2015, 03:31 PM

I could go for a little more.

its like asking for seconds. the first plate you get because you are hungry, the second one is because the food was good.

Viz
Saber the cash cow...
As long Takeuchi is there, it will never end.

Kelnish
Welp I tried telling you guys Saber was the strongest servant.
No. Bad.

You
March 22nd, 2015, 03:33 PM
You are not rusing us?

キャメロットには “円卓”と呼ばれる遺物がある。
文字通り円形テーブルで、これに座り、誓いを立てた騎士たちは身分の差に関係なく同等の仲間となる。もとは 英雄たちの証、絆を示す魔術礼装だったものをキャメロット用に作り直したものだ。
キャメロット城はこの円卓を礎にして現世にカタチを表している。
アーサー王の聖剣が城を維持するためのエネルギーなら、円卓は城を固定する柱のようなものだ。

「そうなのですか? では、日夜城の修繕に励んでいるのは……」「人間に化けた土妖精が半分、土妖精と知りながら気付かないフリ で仕事をこなす人間の職人が半分さ」
「なんと。妖精は地上から去り、妖精郷に去ったと聞いていました。島に残っているものは人を嫌い、憎む巨人 や魔獣たちだけだと」
「うん。妖精は世界の裏側に逃げこんだけど、まだ出入りは可能なんだ。その扉もじき消えるだろうけどね。巨 人たちが人間を憎んでいる、というのは偏見だ。彼らは物質的なくびきから解脱できない。妖精のように霊体に なっても生きられない。だから世界の裏側に移動できず、こうして地上に残るしかない。人間と文明に駆逐され ると怯えながら、細々と生きるしかないんだ」
「では竜は? ブリテンを守る竜も、この地のどこかにいるのですか?」
彼女は純粋な好奇心から訊ねてきた。
自分の親とも言える竜にシンパシーを感じているのではなく、純粋に偉大なものを見たい、という 童心からだ。
「竜は西暦になった時点でとっくに地下に潜ってる。眠りについてじき五百年だ。今ごろ は石になって、そのうち地層に染みこんでいくよ。ああ、竜の魂はとっくに裏側に移動している。 魂の抜け落ち た体が死後、油やら鉱石になるだけの話」」

A little bonus about dragons.
Btw cars run on dragon.

Cruor
March 22nd, 2015, 03:34 PM
Are there public scans where are you getting this.

SINIB
March 22nd, 2015, 03:36 PM
In the soundtrack download, I assume.

Mcjon01
March 22nd, 2015, 03:36 PM
Are there public scans
I mean, obviously.

Thedoctor
March 22nd, 2015, 03:37 PM
Oh God why?

Kat
March 22nd, 2015, 03:37 PM

its like asking for seconds. the first plate you get because you are hungry, the second one is because the food was good.

Avoid junk food.

You
March 22nd, 2015, 03:38 PM

この惑星における最後のロマンス時代と言ってもいい。島にはまだ神秘が残り、魔術や妖精、聖域が残っていた 黄昏の時間だ。
Here's the Romance Age line. Basically everything was on it's last legs but Britain was grasping.

Rockxas
March 22nd, 2015, 03:38 PM

That's because your drink to go with the food is the tears of those who don't like it. D:

I mean, I like Saber, but not quite enough to want her to be elevated to the strongest, most awesome, most important character in Type-Moon lore. Not that I mind either.

Cruor
March 22nd, 2015, 03:40 PM
That's because your drink to go with the food is the tears of those who don't like it. D:

I mean, I like Saber, but not quite enough to want her to be elevated to the strongest, most awesome, most important character in Type-Moon lore. Not that I mind either.

Hey Nasu had to fix the Power Creep he made with Gil and Apocrypha somehow!

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 03:42 PM

Could've done that by making some new dudes cool. Like vikings, or africans, or the persians or hittites.

Strife ❤️
No. Bad.

Saber injuring Herakles in UBWanime was just a prelude to this wank.

Saber literally one shot kills Berserker instantly with a single sword swing from a generic Rank A sword, destroying all his lives and totally overcoming God Hand.

In Fate/Stay Night. The Visual Novel.

Thedoctor

>->

Slamatee
A little bonus about dragons.
Btw cars run on dragon.

Explain pls. Google translate is giving gibberish.

orangetunes
March 22nd, 2015, 03:43 PM
It was only a matter of time.

LeadDemon
March 22nd, 2015, 03:44 PM
I should have run while I had the chance. Now none of us can escape the ride that is the Saber train. Set a course for Mercury, don't look back lest you shed tears.

Arashi_Leonhart
I feel conflicted. On the one hand, yeah, this only counters some of the power creep from elsewhere.

On the other hand, it feels like once again Strife gets to sit pretty like he's of a superior race or something.

Viz
>->
Even when Gil was at his max in CCC.

Kat
Saber literally one shot kills Berserker instantly with a single sword swing from a generic Rank A sword, destroying all his lives and totally overcoming God Hand.

In Fate/Stay Night. The Visual Novel.

I mean that she injured him in UBW anime using C rank NP.

Thedoctor
March 22nd, 2015, 03:45 PM

She also killed him.

Arashi_Leonhart
March 22nd, 2015, 03:45 PM

I actually think they were going more like she was at full power under Shirou instead of nerfed, so she just had A STR.

Since she also releases IA for jetting out of the way of Tsubame Gaeshi and then doesn't pass out like she does in Fate from all that mana release.

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 03:47 PM
I actually think they were going more like she was at full power under Shirou instead of nerfed, so she just had A STR.

which is still not consistent with Caladbolg going right into Herk's face and doing exactly nothing.

You
Explain pls. Google translate is giving gibberish.
Dragons went underground when Christian Era hit and fell asleep. There souls were long gone in the Backside of the World.
They're oil and minerals now and earth formations.

Kat

I wonder how they explain such BS if they go for it.

Sandstorm77
It was only a matter of time.

Takeuchi has been patiently bidding his time waiting for the power creep.

Slamatee
March 22nd, 2015, 03:48 PM
Dragons went underground when Christian Era hit and fell asleep. There souls were long gone in the Backside of the World.

hahahahahaha oh no

Thank you You

EDIT: Do all cars have C rank magic resist??????

Arashi_Leonhart
which is still not consistent with Caladbolg going right into Herk's face and doing exactly nothing.

Just cause it's A-rank doesn't mean it's gonna actually kill him. Just like how she was cutting him but he's all bitch please it's just a slash and a hole in my hand.

hinode

Lol wut

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 03:49 PM
Just cause it's A-rank doesn't mean it's gonna actually kill him.

Hello Rin gems that definitely arent as strong as Caladbolg?

Leftovers
March 22nd, 2015, 03:49 PM
What the actual hell.

hinode
March 22nd, 2015, 03:50 PM
Takeuchi has been patiently bidding his time waiting for the power creep.

Why do I get the feeling that he's going to strongarm ufotable into animating this after they're done with HF.

Kat
March 22nd, 2015, 03:50 PM
>Christian Era

Should we thank Jesus or Constantine The Great for the oil?

Arashi_Leonhart
March 22nd, 2015, 03:51 PM

Yeah let's do that we'll compare the route they didn't show from the visual novel that they're changing stuff up from anyway and use that.

mirakura
March 22nd, 2015, 03:51 PM

So they've been eating dragons this whole time?

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 03:53 PM
Yeah let's do that we'll compare the route they didn't show from the visual novel that they're changing stuff up from anyway and use that.

No just like tell me where you see the consistency.

Saber slashes hurt him, being possibly A-rank.

Caladbolg literally doesn't scratch him, being at least A rank.

Rin gems kill him, being A rank.

You
March 22nd, 2015, 03:53 PM
>Christian Era

Sorry, AD, CE. Jesus I guess.

Nihilm
March 22nd, 2015, 03:54 PM
This is some unbearable levels of saberwank, oh well whatever to keep the special snowflake of fate still special in this powercreep world of fate.

Cruor
March 22nd, 2015, 03:54 PM

Since she also releases IA for jetting out of the way of Tsubame Gaeshi and then doesn't pass out like she does in Fate from all that mana release.

Iunno I still think she BP'd IA but because IA is made by just asking the wind spirits to do there thing she can easily remake it unlike normal NPs.

Rockxas
March 22nd, 2015, 03:55 PM
Petroleum is dragons, cars actually mana burst but the governments lie about it! :neco_arc:

You say that, but do you know for sure? Those were five gems that she had put magical energy into for about 10 years each, it wouldn't be strange if they had been as powerful as Caladbolg or even stronger.

SeiKeo
This is some unbearable levels of saberwank, oh well whatever to keep the special snowflake of fate still special in this powercreep world of fate.
what happened?

Christemo
Sorry, AD, CE. Jesus I guess.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/050/0/6/jesus_christ_the_dragon_slayer_by_ryuondo-d39vebq.jpg

Strife ❤️
On the other hand, it feels like once again Strife gets to sit pretty like he's of a superior race or something.

I only try to lead people down the path of truth :(

Nihilm
March 22nd, 2015, 03:56 PM
Why do I get the feeling that he's going to strongarm ufotable into animating this after they're done with HF.

Is there actually anything to animate, so far from what I've gathered it's mostly just a lot of talking about how cool saber is?

Christemo

hello colony.

Rafflesiac
The holy sword was created inside the planet. The planet forged -- created -- this Divine Construct in regards to foreign enemies who seeked to destroy the planet.

But it goes onto to say that it won't display it's true power unless it's a planet threatening thing.
Do you think this will have an effect in Prisma, given that Illya's about to Excaliblast a horde of Unheroic Spirits and world-threatening mud?

Kelnish
March 22nd, 2015, 03:57 PM
But Gilgamesh.

See this works because Ea reveals the truth and Gilgamesh is the second cutest behind zouken and the best.

Cruor
March 22nd, 2015, 03:58 PM

He didn't tank it though. He attacked it.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/3-line4.pngThe "arrow" is released.
Archer's arrows have not had any effect so far.
The black giant ignores it, as if saying it is not worth blocking.
But at that moment…

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/9-UBW03-07a-018.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/10-UBW03-07a-019.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/11-UBW03-07a-020.jpg

The black giant turns his back to us and attacks the "arrow" coming at him with all his mighthttp://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/3-line4.png

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/12-UBW03-07a-022.jpg

Music: Stop

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/13-UBW03-07a-024.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/14-UBW03-07a-030.jpg

"……!"
I grit my teeth and endure it.
The blinding light must have only lasted for an instant.
I manage to survive the destruction.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/15-UBW03-07a-034.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/16-UBW03-07a-035.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/17-UBW03-07a-036.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/18-UBW03-07a-038.jpg

"Whahttp://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/3-line4.png"
Saber is staring in astonishment.
…I'm doing the same as well.
I don't know what happened.
Archer's "arrow" razed this cemetery in an instant.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/19-UBW03-07a-045.jpg

There is a crater at the center of the explosion.
Archer has created this destruction.
But the giant still exists in spite of such abolition.

"Berserker… He is unwounded even after taking a direct hit from a Rank-A Noble Phantasmhttp://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/3-line4.png"

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/20-UBW03-07a-048.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/21-UBW03-07a-049.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/22-UBW03-07a-050.jpg

Saber's voice is weak.
Sparks are flying through the night air.
The black giant is standing still in the fire, and everybody here watches this terrible spectacle without words.

The crackling of the flames is the only sound present.
Right when I start to think that this might turn into a big fire…
"Huh…?"
Something rolls towards me with a noise.

LJ3

[QUOTE=You;1835711]Yeah, there are things that were allowed to go to the backside of the world and things that weren't.
For example, Fairies and Dragon souls were, Giants were not. It has something to do with humanity's view of them or something. I'd have to recheck.
There is a ton of lore information in Gardens.

Big people are hated man, 's prejudice of that.

This changes my perception of said Backside; thought it was more like a zoo.

Man. Did we really need this

Now this is pretty cool.

Okay.

You

He intercepts Calabolg because he didn't want to lose more lives. It would have killed him.

Rafflesiac
what happened?
Excalibur is now anti-planetary threat.

Nihilm
what happened?

Kat
March 22nd, 2015, 03:59 PM
Jesus is now way cooler.

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 03:59 PM
He didn't tank it though. He attacked it.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/3-line4.pngThe "arrow" is released.
Archer's arrows have not had any effect so far.
The black giant ignores it, as if saying it is not worth blocking.
But at that moment…

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/9-UBW03-07a-018.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/10-UBW03-07a-019.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/11-UBW03-07a-020.jpg

The black giant turns his back to us and attacks the "arrow" coming at him with all his mighthttp://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/3-line4.png

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/12-UBW03-07a-022.jpg

Music: Stop

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/13-UBW03-07a-024.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/14-UBW03-07a-030.jpg

"……!"
I grit my teeth and endure it.
The blinding light must have only lasted for an instant.
I manage to survive the destruction.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/15-UBW03-07a-034.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/16-UBW03-07a-035.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/17-UBW03-07a-036.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/18-UBW03-07a-038.jpg

"Whahttp://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/3-line4.png"
Saber is staring in astonishment.
…I'm doing the same as well.
I don't know what happened.
Archer's "arrow" razed this cemetery in an instant.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/19-UBW03-07a-045.jpg

There is a crater at the center of the explosion.
Archer has created this destruction.
But the giant still exists in spite of such abolition.

"Berserker… He is unwounded even after taking a direct hit from a Rank-A Noble Phantasmhttp://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/3-line4.png"

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/20-UBW03-07a-048.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/21-UBW03-07a-049.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/22-UBW03-07a-050.jpg

Saber's voice is weak.
Sparks are flying through the night air.
The black giant is standing still in the fire, and everybody here watches this terrible spectacle without words.

The crackling of the flames is the only sound present.
Right when I start to think that this might turn into a big fire…
"Huh…?"
Something rolls towards me with a noise.

Ignoring that he still ate a nuke to the face, he doesn't intercept it in the anime.

Cruor
March 22nd, 2015, 04:00 PM
>Christian Era

DEUS VULT

SeiKeo
because that's so different from hopes and dreams of the entirety of youumanity

You
Do you think this will have an effect in Prisma, given that Illya's about to Excaliblast a horde of Unheroic Spirits and world-threatening mud?

「本当の力は、世界を救う戦い以外には使えない、というのでしょう。あなたに注意されるまでもありません。 選定の剣ならともかく、黄金の剣は力が強すぎる。異民族ごと大地を焼き焦がしては本末転倒だ」

Maybe?

Nihilm
March 22nd, 2015, 04:01 PM
Ignoring that he still ate a nuke to the face, he doesn't intercept it in the anime.

Please let's not go back to looking at individual frames to see whether Herk did or did not move slightly.

Cruor
Jesus is now way cooler.

I thought Nasu saying the Age of Gods thaumaturgy getting completely warped at 0 AD was wank enough already.

Rafflesiac
Also this is pretty cool. Does this mean every time Saber geared up for a big fight she ripped the battery out of the castle? And did she shove the sword into the Round Table while she wasn't using it to power the place?

Nihilm
March 22nd, 2015, 04:02 PM
because that's so different from hopes and dreams of the entirety of youumanity

Eh, the actual wanky part is that there is some super mode excalibur that we haven't seen yet, the rest is just flavour text.

Christemo
I thought Nasu saying the Age of Gods thaumaturgy getting completely warped at 0 AD was wank enough already.

Jesus telling everyone they're not hot shit is not wank though. Thats what he did. You didn't see a celtic warlord shooting anti-planetary threat lasers.

hinode

Takeuchi did, obviously.

SeiKeo
March 22nd, 2015, 04:03 PM
Eh, the actual wanky part is that there is some super mode excalibur that we haven't seen yet, the rest is just flavour text.
Until it actually happens ​it's literally nothing.

Cruor
March 22nd, 2015, 04:06 PM

Iunno, Excalibur was called a Final Phantasm and had a huge wank side description that Final Phantasms were supposed to be the strongest things ever but since we thought Excaliblast was weaksauce when compared to other doomsday NPs we just lol'd at the definition.

Nihilm
March 22nd, 2015, 04:07 PM
Until it actually happens ​it's literally nothing.

Nothing is the only thing we can get excited or mad about in this fandom anyway.

LJ3
March 22nd, 2015, 04:08 PM
Takeuchi did, obviously.

You didn't have to do this.

This is the kind of thing that either should have been there at the beginning or not all. Because wow, still crapped on by Ea while aping Enkidu.

Thedoctor
Final Phantasm

>->

black1blade
dragons=hydrocarbons :nasu:

LJ3
March 22nd, 2015, 04:09 PM
@Cruor: That's exactly what I mean.

The dissonance is too much between its description and what we actually saw in practice.

Retcons sure are harsh to swallow.

Kirby
March 22nd, 2015, 04:10 PM
Well, it's not like it's even been used, yet.

LeadDemon
March 22nd, 2015, 04:12 PM

The dissonance is too much between its description and what we actually saw in practice.

It's still a "sword that amplifies", so it makes sense that if there's not enough stuff to amplify it won't be strong enough, I guess.

Also if dragons are oil, does that mean the combustion that happens when you drive a car is just Mana Burst? :neco_arc:

please send help i can't take this

Rockxas
March 22nd, 2015, 04:12 PM
Final Phantasm

>->
Alternatively: Last Phantasm. But yeah, like Cruor said that's been a thing for a long time, I guess it's nice to have Excalibur living up to its title.

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 04:13 PM
Alternatively: Last Phantasm. But yeah, like Cruor said that's been a thing for a long time, I guess it's nice to have Excalibur living up to its title.

yeah wheres all the other mythical weapons that were actually doomsday devices at like the Brahmastra- oh wait thats just an A+ ahahahahahahah

Siriel
March 22nd, 2015, 04:14 PM
You didn't have to do this.

This is the kind of thing that either should have been there at the beginning or not all. Because wow, still crapped on by Ea while aping Enkidu.

You're thinking of it the wrong way.

Excalibur faced planetary threat, got super strong, got wrecked.

That doesn't mean Excalibur doesn't power up against super stuff. It just means Ea is that stronk so the power up wasn't worth mentioning.

Pillzman
March 22nd, 2015, 04:14 PM
It makes sense for Excalibur to be a defense against planetary threats really, since it was forged by the world and all that.

LeadDemon
March 22nd, 2015, 04:15 PM

That doesn't mean Excalibur doesn't power up against super stuff. It just means Ea is that stronk so the power up wasn't worth mentioning.

This is all a well-veiled move to set the stage for more Gilwank later in the future.

TM just becomes a Gil-Saber arms race, with Herk being Switzerland.

LJ3
March 22nd, 2015, 04:16 PM
I know that's what it's going to be now.

It just feels pointless when we got another example first of Enkidu's Enuma Elish that was able to tie with Ea.

Rockxas
March 22nd, 2015, 04:17 PM
Accept that Hindu mythology has been nerfed Christemo.
...Alternatively it might be that Karna can't display his true strength as well as his NP's under a Grail War system, because he doesn't have enough magical energy to do so?

Siriel
March 22nd, 2015, 04:17 PM
This is all a well-veiled move to set the stage for more Gilwank later in the future.

Wank = What (speaker) doesn't like?

That's the only meaning that makes sense in this context.

Thedoctor
March 22nd, 2015, 04:20 PM
What's the purpose of messing with already established powelevels?

Siriel
March 22nd, 2015, 04:21 PM
It doesn't change a goddamn thing, which is why I'm confused as to why people even care.

Excalibur is strong.

Wow, such a revolutionary concept.

It's like when people raised a ruckus because when Gil said everything he meant everything.

GDB

If the Takeuchi is not appeased, he shall reign down horrors untold.

Christemo
Accept that Hindu mythology has been nerfed Christemo.

Well no because Buddhism, a younger faith, is wanked to high heaven in Nasu, with Boddhisattvas literally being stronger than Gaia. Given the scale of Hinduism I expected something similar.

...Alternatively it might be that Karna can't display his true strength as well as his NP's under a Grail War system, because he doesn't have enough magical energy to do so?

Which did not cross out Excalibur's potential for being anti-planet-threat at all.

Kirby
March 22nd, 2015, 04:22 PM
Well, at least it makes that Excalibur/Ea comparison make more sense.

Siriel
March 22nd, 2015, 04:23 PM
Well no because Buddhism, a younger faith, is wanked to high heaven in Nasu, with Boddhisattva's literally being stronger than Gaia.

Saver isn't as a Servant.

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 04:24 PM
Saver isn't as a Servant.

he still had a laser cannon that literally rivaled the strength of the force of creation.

mirakura
March 22nd, 2015, 04:24 PM
What's the purpose of messing with already established powelevels?

I don't honestly think it changes much.

Okay, we know that Excalibur is stronger than we've been told. But it's not like we're actually gonna see it happen.

Siriel
March 22nd, 2015, 04:25 PM
he still had a laser cannon that literally rivaled the strength of the force of creation.

No, he had enlightenment lasers that, when used on humans, equaled the power of humanity's origin. Not the origin in general.

Kirby
None of Saber's enemies are planetary threats anyway so what does this even change

Siriel
Okay, we know that Excalibur is stronger than we've been told.

Not really? Am I the only one who actually remembers reading F/SN?

Thedoctor
Well, at least it makes that Excalibur/Ea comparison make more sense.

Ea flat out overpowered Excalibur so it didn't make sense.

Mcjon01
March 22nd, 2015, 04:26 PM
Well no because Buddhism, a younger faith, is wanked to high heaven in Nasu, with Boddhisattva's literally being stronger than Gaia. Given the scale of Hinduism I expected something similar.
The effect of belief on the strength of a culture's legends is linearly tied to GDP per capita.

Kirby
March 22nd, 2015, 04:26 PM
Ea flat out overpowered Excalibur so it didn't make sense.
How so? With this, you could easily explain that away as that not being full-power Excalibur, because of the planetary threat condition and everything.

JetKinen
March 22nd, 2015, 04:27 PM
Well no because Buddhism, a younger faith, is wanked to high heaven in Nasu, with Boddhisattvas literally being stronger than Gaia. Given the scale of Hinduism I expected something similar.

Face it Christemo.
Buddhism is just more right.
Other religions can't compare

Thedoctor
March 22nd, 2015, 04:27 PM
I don't honestly think it changes much.

Okay, we know that Excalibur is stronger than we've been told. But it's not like we're actually gonna see it happen.

It is lore breakingly strong.

mirakura
March 22nd, 2015, 04:29 PM
Not really? Am I the only one who actually remembers reading F/SN?
Sorry, than we've seen.

You
March 22nd, 2015, 04:30 PM

The exact wording was "a battle to save the world."
Sounds like GO.

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 04:31 PM
How so? With this, you could easily explain that away as that not being full-power Excalibur, because of the planetary threat condition and everything.

Please tell me how the super babylonian weapon that targets the entire planet is not a planetary threat?

- - - Updated - - -

Face it Christemo.
Buddhism is just more right.
Other religions can't compare

Unironically I'd agree but my inner karnafag says no.

Siriel
March 22nd, 2015, 04:32 PM
Please tell me how the super babylonian weapon that targets the entire planet is not a planetary threat?

Can't threaten something with the power to create, clearly.

(Also Ea isn't actually Babylonian, it's pre-humanity.)

Kirby
March 22nd, 2015, 04:32 PM
If I cared enough to explain, I'd go with something like "it only reverts the world to its primordial form, therefore it's not really a threat to the planet because hey it's just the planet when it was young" or something like that.

black1blade
March 22nd, 2015, 04:33 PM
Will anyone blame me if I exclude all this BS from my head cannon?

mAc Chaos
> Excalibur FULL POWAH
lol so Saber is even stronger. Amazing.

Leftovers
hey it's just the planet when it was young

b-but it's embarrassing

GDB
And clearly by the fact that Ea didn't destroy the planet when Excalibur failed to beat it, it wasn't outputting planetary threat levels of power.

Thedoctor
Can't threaten something with the power to create, clearly.

(Also Ea isn't actually Babylonian, it's pre-humanity.)

Before Creation comes destruction.

mirakura
March 22nd, 2015, 04:34 PM
Before Creation comes destruction.

Before Destruction comes Creation.

JetKinen
March 22nd, 2015, 04:35 PM
Ea is more like "destroying humanity"

We all know Gaia doesn't give a shit about Humanity so theres that

Strife ❤️
March 22nd, 2015, 04:35 PM
Avalon = Immovable Object
Excalibur = Unstoppable Force

Christemo
March 22nd, 2015, 04:36 PM

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2098/97-F14-06-167.jpg

Mcjon01
March 22nd, 2015, 04:36 PM
Because it obviously only triggers against anti-planet NPs, not anti-world NPs, duhmeister.

Siriel
March 22nd, 2015, 04:37 PM
Ea is more like "destroying humanity"

Ea is Genesis. It has nothing to do with humanity.

Leftovers
Avalon = Immovable Object

Wrong on both counts tho

Kelnish
So when Shirou excaliburred the grail why didn't the entire city explode?:neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::n eco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::n eco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::n eco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::n eco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::n eco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::n eco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::n eco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::n eco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::n eco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc::n eco_arc::neco_arc: