PDA

View Full Version : Rosie's Art Garden

Lilirosy
May 14th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to get better and define my art style. Thought that this would be a good place to post pictures seeing as I like to draw the fate stay/night cast. I work in pen, pencil and paint because I can't get a grasp on digital artwork. Any comments and criticisms are welcome. Suggestions are also welcome as sometimes I don't know what I want to draw and need a creative spark. :)

Look forward to being part of the community ^_^

VasilikiHaidee
May 14th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Starting with both pen and paint.. great job!

And for creative spark, hmm.. I do things I don't usually do, so saying maybe you could draw what you don't usually draw? I'm not sure but, it's worth trying out (if you haven't! XD)

Viz
May 15th, 2015, 03:08 AM
Not bad and welcome on BL, Rosie.
I don't see anything wrong with your drawings except for the hands that look a bit weird.
But that's the bane of all artists, since even expert artists seem to struggle with drawing hands sometimes.
Draw what you want, Rosie.
You decide and it doesn't always need to be Type-Moon Artwork here.

And hey, with drawing in Traditional is nothing wrong with.
I also work with pen, pencils, colorpencils and copic markers.

Lilirosy
May 15th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Hello :)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in the process of sorting out my art folder and organising my deviantart so I'll be posting some older artwork for a bit until that's all sorted out. If you are interested, by deviantart account is at:

http://sinfulrooster1993.deviantart.com/

Without further ado. Some of my favourite pieces :)

Viz
May 15th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Wow, I see you're pretty good with drawing.
I'm still learning, but I'm improving.

Renko
May 15th, 2015, 01:57 PM
THE NSFW one was the best.

Janx
May 15th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I really like the 2nd one.

Renko
May 15th, 2015, 03:30 PM
I think we should tell her to stop using the (useless) file attachment and use an image upload site (imgur) instead.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, second image is really pretty.

Lilirosy
May 18th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Hello. More practice and work :) I finally decided to get back around to the chibi series for one of my university groups. So that's been taking up the majority of my time.

The bottom picture is a present I'm working on for a friend. Hope she appreciates my pictures :')

Feel free to request things to draw. I'll see what I can do... I love new ideas for pictures!

VasilikiHaidee
May 19th, 2015, 01:06 AM
That bottom inks. :')

Are you fond of sketch-journals?

Sakuraba Haru
May 19th, 2015, 08:24 PM
That ink picture, that saber tapestry esque drawing...
Gr8

Another UK person is always welcome.

Oh and a side note, please, PLEASE do not let the community scare you off if you look into the other sections of the forums, if they seem especially offensive to you in anyway they're just kidding around or memes.

Lilirosy
May 19th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Sakuraba Haru- Thanks for the nice comment ^_^

To be honest, this account is a joint effort between my other half and myself. He keeps an eye on the thread and replies on my behalf, and I do all the drawing. This way, I can share my art without having to understand how all the different websites work (I get how deviantart works, but other sites such as here or reddit are a bit harder for me to grasp)

Quad
May 19th, 2015, 09:50 PM
you should sew that saber tapestry :o

RossC90
May 26th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Lots of nice work! I like that you're experimenting with styles very lightly.