PDA

View Full Version : Kara no Kyoukai manga

giodan
May 31st, 2011, 08:20 AM
http://www.mangareader.net/kara-no-kyoukai-the-garden-of-sinners

what do you think of it? i haven't start reding it so:

for you guys is better the movies, the manga or the novel?

Hen_Ichi
May 31st, 2011, 08:45 AM
Difficult to say without having read all the novels, but it seems to be a combination of elements from the novels and the movies.

Crown
May 31st, 2011, 11:06 AM
Old news, I've read it and is alright, maybe it doesn't impress me because I've already read the novels and watched the movies.
Is a good manga, I like Kirie's design there. I'm wondering how they will adapt Spiral Paradox.

Lol that timing, today was released the chapter 8, gettin' raws.

terraablaze
November 10th, 2011, 08:42 AM
http://sai-zen-sen.jp/comics/karanokyoukai/

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what it is but I don't care.

terraablaze
November 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM
That confuses me, how can it be old if it is in the news section of the Type-Moon website. Some reprinting I guess?

Kotonoha
November 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Why are you talking to yourself, Terra?

terraablaze
November 10th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Now I wish I had quoted you, because I can only assume you deleted your comment because you were wrong on the internet.

So yeah what is it? Something about an illustration. A poster?

Kotonoha
November 10th, 2011, 09:18 AM
On closer inspection, you're not talking about the manga, but Mirai Fukuin.

So

OOOOOLLLLDDDDDDDD

terraablaze
November 10th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I was talking about the manga as well.

Crown
November 10th, 2011, 11:09 AM
On closer inspection, you're not talking about the manga, but Mirai Fukuin.

So

OOOOOLLLLDDDDDDDD
Either way both are really old.

terraablaze
November 10th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Japanese people should stop confusing me then.

Lianru
November 10th, 2011, 04:30 PM
They should make a page with all of the release dates for everything Type-Moon.

TSUKIHIME REMAKE WHERE ARE YOU

whosaidthat
November 25th, 2011, 09:27 AM
They should make a page with all of the release dates for everything Type-Moon.

TSUKIHIME REMAKE WHERE ARE YOU

Development hell, algonside the live action castlevania movie.

celsius
November 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM
... Well, originally, it was supposed to start development immediately after MahoYoru was finished. So you can see where the problem lies, there.

Lianru
November 25th, 2011, 03:53 PM
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAH
FEEL MY RAGE, NASU

ItsaRandomUsername
April 21st, 2014, 11:49 PM
Bumped for reasons seen in the Mirai Fukuin thread.

Mcjon01
April 22nd, 2014, 12:00 AM
Oh my a thread that hasn't been posted in since before Mahoyo was released, TIIIIIIIME MACHIIIIIIINE

Paitouch
April 22nd, 2014, 12:02 AM
I wasn't even a member at that time.

- - - Updated - - -

And man, I thought this thread was being bumped once in a while, but I guess I was just confusing it with other KnK threads where the manga's pages were posted.

Ossan99
April 22nd, 2014, 11:00 AM
@Pai
今泥酔中で判らないけど漫画化ってこと?

terraablaze
April 22nd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Now we can talk about how sexy Touko is proper like.

Ossan99
April 22nd, 2014, 11:47 AM
@All
I got tenkyu Sphere’s manga, that is no plobrem at my side.

Frostedflakes
April 22nd, 2014, 11:39 PM
i read the chapters that were translated i really like the art. wish someone would pick this back up again. orz

Crown
April 23rd, 2014, 12:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1jATOpC.png
This page is actually pretty cool. I kinda got the urge to eat some sausage after seeing it.

I3uster
April 23rd, 2014, 12:51 AM
I guess that's a more accurate depiction of how horrifying it is to see death everywhere compared to wilting flowers, red scrabbles and cut fingers.

Crown
April 23rd, 2014, 01:04 AM
They are still there http://i.imgur.com/Mw1IZgw.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/AjZB80O.png

http://i.imgur.com/rbX3PHx.png

Also, who could this mysterious doppelganger be? Next chapter Shiki killz sum zombiez

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2014, 07:36 AM
I guess that's a more accurate depiction of how horrifying it is to see death everywhere compared to wilting flowers, red scrabbles and cut fingers.

I still miss the novel descriptions where she would just see someone burst into flames. That person is in for a bad time when they die.

Hen_Ichi
April 23rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
^ ooh nice. But then I didn't think it was practically seeing their future CoD :/

While it's a bit gory, the breaks along lines are a lot messier than described in originals.

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2014, 10:15 AM
That's basically the way it's explained, in that sort of half way connect the dots way. People are destined at birth to die one way in Nasuland no matter how much they try to avoid it and it seems to be built into their origin.

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 10:18 AM
Huh, really? I figured it was more like, the way they will eventually die is already recorded in Akasha.

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2014, 11:09 AM
It's recorded in Akasha as well because Akasha is outside time and space. I haven't found the exact passage but the idea that how you die is unchangeable comes up with Araya's apartment. No matter what other variables were changed everyone always died the same way. For some reason Akasha is really concerned about how you die. But while I was searching I found this gem:

It was fine for him to be happy about capturing a Redcap alive, but he didn't know how to dissect it properly so it eventually rotted
I don't know how I've never noticed this before, WTF!?!

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 11:22 AM
It's recorded in Akasha as well because Akasha is outside time and space. I haven't found the exact passage but the idea that how you die is unchangeable comes up with Araya's apartment. No matter what other variables were changed everyone always died the same way. For some reason Akasha is really concerned about how you die.
B-but Dead Ends!

I don't know how I've never noticed this before, WTF!?!
Alba is moe.

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2014, 11:37 AM
I was wondering the same thing actually.
Since Heroic Spirits are those that overturned fate, it's only natural that if one gets to close your time on this Earth might be cut short!
:nasu:

The real answer is that people dieing of only one thing would be extremely boring but yeah that's probably something he simply forgot because he never planned on making multiple choice stories.
And we'll never figure out what makes Redcaps special in Nasuland. Sob sob

Frostedflakes
April 23rd, 2014, 03:04 PM
quite the gory manga :rin:

LJ3
April 23rd, 2014, 04:13 PM
I was wondering the same thing actually.
Since Heroic Spirits are those that overturned fate, it's only natural that if one gets to close your time on this Earth might be cut short!
:nasu:

The real answer is that people dieing of only one thing would be extremely boring but yeah that's probably something he simply forgot because he never planned on making multiple choice stories.
And we'll never figure out what makes Redcaps special in Nasuland. Sob sob

Alba nabbed a Faerie? Maybe that's why it gets him cred.

Mcjon01
April 23rd, 2014, 04:15 PM
What if... what if Alba's red hat is a red cap's red cap?

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2014, 04:20 PM
If you don the red cap's red cap, do you become the red cap?

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2014, 05:48 PM
A Red Cap or Redcap, also known as a powrie or dunter, is a type of malevolent murderous goblin, elf, or faerie found in British Folklore. They inhabit ruined castles found along the border between England and Scotland. Redcaps are said to murder travelers who stray into their homes and dye their hats with their victims' blood (from which they get their name). Indeed, redcaps must kill regularly, for if the blood staining their hats dries out, they die. Redcaps are very fast in spite of the heavy iron pikes they wield and the iron-shod boots they wear. Outrunning the buck-toothed little demons is quite impossible; the only way to escape one is to quote a passage from the Bible. They lose a tooth on hearing it, which they leave behind.

If that actually is a Redcap's redcap, he must be killing a lot of people during Paradox Spiral.

Hen_Ichi
April 23rd, 2014, 07:36 PM
quite the gory manga :rin:

rly? Perhaps Fate/Zero manga is more to your taste.

Frostedflakes
April 24th, 2014, 06:04 PM
well i dont mind things being gorry i was just saying that it was :nasu:

- - - Updated - - -

wish fz manga was being translated too tho actually

Crown
April 24th, 2014, 11:40 PM
The Fate/Zero manga is terrible though.

Frostedflakes
April 25th, 2014, 12:18 AM
meh different opinions i guess
i quite enjoy what i have read

Crown
June 20th, 2014, 05:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Jh6u8xn.png
Seeing Shiki like this again made me remember that we will never see Satsujinki.

Rokudaime
June 20th, 2014, 06:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Jh6u8xn.png
Seeing Shiki like this again made me remember that we will never see Satsujinki.

Who's Satsujinki? Doesn't ring a bell to me.

IhaxlikeNoob
June 20th, 2014, 06:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TcVEu7X.jpg

Guy on the left.

Rokudaime
June 20th, 2014, 06:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TcVEu7X.jpg

Guy on the left.

So who is he, and where does he show up? He looks like some kind of Tohno Shiki/Nanaya Shiki clone.

IhaxlikeNoob
June 20th, 2014, 06:22 PM
... Umn, that's cause he IS Shiki. I thought being next to Arcueid, having a knife in hand, and having the viewer's attention mostly on the eye-area would be enough of a hint.

He's a version of Tohno whose Death Eyes became too powerful for his glasses and had to wear blindfold wrapping to compensate.

- - - Updated - - -

Picture's from Melty Blood manga.

Rokudaime
June 20th, 2014, 07:08 PM
... Umn, that's cause he IS Shiki. I thought being next to Arcueid, having a knife in hand, and having the viewer's attention mostly on the eye-area would be enough of a hint.

He's a version of Tohno whose Death Eyes became too powerful for his glasses and had to wear blindfold wrapping to compensate.

- - - Updated - - -

Picture's from Melty Blood manga.

It was obvious enough, but I hadn't heard about a THIRD version of Shiki until now, so I could do nothing but ask who he was. But thanks for the reply and info. So he's a version of Shiki that only appears in Melty Blood? Is that considered canon then, even though it doesn't happen in Tsukihime or Kagetsu Tohya?

Inuhanyou
June 20th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Satsujinki does show up at the end of the Tsukihime manga....and as for the KnK manga, i really really want to see the rest translated. its a different feel from the ufotable movies but still good all the same

Dullahan
June 20th, 2014, 07:50 PM
I agree. The style Tenkuu Sphere uses for the manga is really nice for some scenes. I especially like the way he draws MSP1 Shiki.

SeiKeo
June 20th, 2014, 08:03 PM
I could have done with her keeping long hair for a full volume.

terraablaze
June 20th, 2014, 08:11 PM
I agree. The style Tenkuu Sphere uses for the manga is really nice for some scenes. I especially like the way he draws MSP1 Shiki.
I looked up MSP1 on Google and all I got was stuff about malaria and cell division.

Then she would look like another Rin clone.

Shiki has longer hair than Rin when she has long hair. Also straight and messy. Completely different character.

terraablaze
June 20th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Azaka is the Rin clone anyway. You should know that. Or rather, they're both Aoko type characters.

Inuhanyou
June 20th, 2014, 08:23 PM
azaka is an akiha expy i'd say, not rin...

fire based, brocons, annoying...check check check

terraablaze
June 20th, 2014, 08:24 PM
You mean Akiha is an expiy of Azaka.

Inuhanyou
June 20th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Yeah, that's what i meant

Rokudaime
June 21st, 2014, 03:23 PM
Satsujinki does show up at the end of the Tsukihime manga....and as for the KnK manga, i really really want to see the rest translated. its a different feel from the ufotable movies but still good all the same

When I say Tsukihime, I'm refering to the VN.

Inuhanyou
June 22nd, 2014, 02:40 AM
Well..a lot of things don't happen in the original VN that were brought up in proceeding material. Its pretty old after all

BK201
June 22nd, 2014, 10:19 AM
This has beautiful art.

Skenn
June 23rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Well..a lot of things don't happen in the original VN that were brought up in proceeding material. Its pretty old after all

Well the Tsukihime manga epilogue is just some fanservice addition to make the manga worth it for someone who already played the VN and wants a bit more, or at least that's how it looks to me. Kinda like the Evangelion manga epilogue.

As for the other things that don't happen in the original VN, IIRC it's basicly allusions to the other routes and Kagetsu Tohya (except the Ciel vs Akiha fight).

Frostyvale
June 23rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
I looked up MSP1 on Google and all I got was stuff about malaria and cell division.
Murder Speculation.

Though I suppose you would have already found out by now.

terraablaze
June 23rd, 2014, 01:05 PM
The typical translation of that story's title is "A Study in Murder Part 1" and you usually don't abbreviate words like 'part' because the number is usually sufficient.

You
June 23rd, 2014, 02:34 PM
can we just call it ...and nothing heart?

Frostedflakes
June 23rd, 2014, 03:22 PM
Still make me sad that no one is translating this anymore....

terraablaze
June 24th, 2014, 11:54 AM
inb4 Paitouch posts a single translated page he did himself in order to spur false hope.

Crown
June 24th, 2014, 12:37 PM
This isn't even hard to translate. Moreover, you have the novels to serve as guide.

terraablaze
June 24th, 2014, 01:03 PM
What happens when we reach half way through Paradox Spiral?

Dullahan
June 24th, 2014, 01:54 PM

Why, then you've still got the novels to serve as a guide, don't you?

http://i.imgur.com/Ab280lo.png

:P

In all seriousness, though, Tenkuu Sphere is taking his sweet time getting through Part 4, so the question of how Paradox Spiral will turn out in the manga is really rather academic at this point.

Hen_Ichi
June 24th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Suddenly. Like it's on coke crack

terraablaze
June 24th, 2014, 02:00 PM
You didn't actually have to cross coke out because coke is another name for cocaine.

Hen_Ichi
June 24th, 2014, 02:05 PM
on crack tis the usual way of saying it.

Haven't expression on coke in such a way :/

Dullahan
June 24th, 2014, 02:06 PM
It's truly a shame how many great lines were lost in the Cokeification. This isn't even one of the standouts; it's just from that page above.

人知をこえた殺戮《さつりく》を見たいのなら戦場へ行け。理不尽なまでの死途を見たいのなら飢餓の国に行け ばいい。こんなモノは地獄でもなんでもない。ただの煉獄《れんごく》だよ、これは

And if you want to see the slaughter and wailing and gnashing of teeth that you love so much, I suggest you make a quick stop in Kosovo or the Congo. Your pitiful operation is nothing compared to that.

If you want to see murder on a scale that the human mind cannot comprehend, go to a battlefield. If you wish to see humans dying on a scale you could never believe, just go to any starving nation. Something like this isn't hell. It's merely purgatory, this.

Crown
June 24th, 2014, 02:14 PM

We use the movies!

terraablaze
June 24th, 2014, 02:17 PM
inb4 people bitching about Oblivion Recorder being the worst ufotable Kara no Kyoukai film

Hen_Ichi
June 24th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Story totally different. Use movie script anyway XD

Crown
June 24th, 2014, 02:26 PM
inb4 people bitching about Oblivion Recorder being the worst ufotable Kara no Kyoukai film

But Oblivion Recorder is the best movie. Best soundtrack. Best imouto. Best flower-thing. Best everything.

Dullahan
June 24th, 2014, 02:31 PM
But Oblivion Recorder is the best movie. Best soundtrack. Best imouto. Best flower-thing. Best everything.

No.

Crown
June 24th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Better than Paradox Spiral.

Kotonoha
June 24th, 2014, 03:28 PM
it hurts

terraablaze
June 24th, 2014, 03:39 PM
I will unironically say Oblivion Recorder is better than Overlooking View.

Crown
June 24th, 2014, 04:14 PM
it hurts

This is just my unpopular opinion.

6>7>5>3>2>1>4

Inuhanyou
June 25th, 2014, 01:51 AM
That certainly is unpopular....

terraablaze
June 25th, 2014, 07:52 AM
But where do the epilogue and Gospel of the Future fit in there?

Crown
June 25th, 2014, 12:11 PM
6>7>5>3=MF>2>1>epilogue>4

The epilogue was a better read than watch.

Mine: 7>5>3>2>1>4>MF>Epilogue>6
6 is the only one I didn't really like all that much to be honest.
It's you so I expected no more.

Rokudaime
June 25th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Mine: 7>5>3>2>1>4>MF>Epilogue>6
6 is the only one I didn't really like all that much to be honest. And MF was disappointing, since it wasn't what I expected (I have not read the manga and/or novels, so I didn't know as much about what to expect). Epilogue was fine for what it was, but it was basically one big chat after all. :p My only gripe with 4 was that it wasn't as eventful as the others, since it had a more limited setting. It has one of my favourite soundtracks from the movie series though. The others were all really good. 7 and 5 were amazing.

Reiu
June 25th, 2014, 04:06 PM
MF was a perfectly good adaption of the source material, to be honest. It has problems only if you start assuming that it should compare to the others, when it was just some added, nice fanservice.

...I think you're referring to Extra Chorus, which was originally a manga by Takeuchi. When ufotable adapted it they slapped it together with the adaptation of Mirai Fukuin, the novella written by Nasu.

Though to be fair they were treated as two separate movies, with separate directors and everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Mirai Fukuin was personally my favorite, but I'm probably biased because the MF novella was definitely my favorite KnK. (Helps that Nasu had improved quite a bit on his writing in between the rest of KnK and Mirai Fukuin)

Dunno about Extra Chorus because I still haven't gotten around to watching it.

Reiu
June 25th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Okay, let me guess. The English translation of Mirai Fukuin is cokesakto'ed?

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me that's the case here.

terraablaze
June 25th, 2014, 05:10 PM
It was Canonrap who translated it, so no.
He's probably referring to how it has Mama Shiki and her moe precocious child, as well as the only other time you see the male personality.

Reiu
June 25th, 2014, 05:12 PM
It was Canonrap who translated it, so no.
He's probably referring to how it has Mama Shiki and her moe precocious child, as well as the only other time you see the male personality.

B-but that's like...five pages out of the entire novella.

Skenn
June 25th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Well MF is kinda unnecessary and don't add anything to the Kara no Kyoukai plot. It's basicly more Shiki bad-ass scenes, more Mikiya being Mikiya, more SHIKI, etc... Obviously it mostly appeals to Kara no Kyoukai fans. I guess that's what he is referring to.

Extra Chorus is 100% fan service tho (but I don't care, good fan service is good).

terraablaze
June 25th, 2014, 05:39 PM
What did Overlooking View, Remaining Sense of Pain, and 75% of Oblivion Recorder add to the overarching plot of Kara no Kyoukai?

It does tell us that despite the fact that Mikiya knew he was going to die hanging out with Shiki, he did so anyway. Also confirmed Shiki had precog intuition though that's a more minor detail.

Reiu
June 25th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Well MF is kinda unnecessary and don't add anything to the Kara no Kyoukai plot. It's basicly more Shiki bad-ass scenes, more Mikiya being Mikiya, more SHIKI, etc...

Aren't you forgetting someone? Two someones? Two someones whom, you know, the plot of Mirai Fukuin revolves around?

That said, Nasu said his goal for writing Mirai Fukuin was to write something that ufotable can't make an adaptation out of. Seems a bit anti-fanservice of him to me. :P

Even if he did ultimately fail in that regard.

Strife ❤️
June 25th, 2014, 05:52 PM
I will unironically say Oblivion Recorder is better than Overlooking View.

I think Overlooking View is one of, if not the best. That and remaining sense of pain.

Inuhanyou
June 25th, 2014, 05:54 PM
extra chorus would have been perfect if we had seen mikiya....as it stand, we saw mama bear and cub, along with some douche nobody cared about cause he was introduced in that chapter to begin with

Kotonoha
June 25th, 2014, 06:01 PM
What did Overlooking View, Remaining Sense of Pain, and 75% of Oblivion Recorder add to the overarching plot of Kara no Kyoukai?
waifus

Strife ❤️
June 25th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I'll probably be some sort of outcast for saying this but the ones that are all about the overarching plot are the worst ones.

Skenn
June 25th, 2014, 06:30 PM

It does tell us that despite the fact that Mikiya knew he was going to die hanging out with Shiki, he did so anyway. Also confirmed Shiki had precog intuition though that's a more minor detail.
Overlooking View is the starting point of the story, everything is new.
Remaining Sense of Pain tell us about the clan thing and how Shiki lost her arm.
Oblivion Recorder develops a bit Mikiya's past IIRC and how Shiki regained her memories from her encounter with Araya during the second movie.
But yeah overall they don't add much to the general story, and the same goes for Mirai Fukuin.

Aren't you forgetting someone? Two someones? Two someones whom, you know, the plot of Mirai Fukuin revolves around?

That said, Nasu said his goal for writing Mirai Fukuin was to write something that ufotable can't make an adaptation out of. Seems a bit anti-fanservice of him to me. :P

Even if he did ultimately fail in that regard.
Mitsuru and Shizune are unattached to the rest of the Kara no Kyoukai story and they don't serve any purpose outside of Mirai Fukuin.

Not sure how this is anti-fanservice, can't a LN have fanservice ? ^^'

Anyway I was just trying to explain how can Mirai Fukuin be considered as "fan service", and it's basicly because it appeals mostly to fans I guess.
That's not exactly my opinion on the movie tho, but it looks like it's Bridgeburner's.

Kelnish
June 25th, 2014, 06:42 PM
I'll probably be some sort of outcast for saying this but the ones that are all about the overarching plot are the worst ones.

We used to be friends. Paradox Spiral is my favorite. It makes me happy.

Also Purple girl is not a virgin so horrible waifu.

terraablaze
June 25th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Overlooking View does nothing that starting with another chapter couldn't accomplish and Shiki losing an arm is only relevant for Overlooking View.

And Seo is Azaka's roommate.

Mcjon01
June 25th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Is there anybody in the multiverse whose waifu is Kirie?
Rudolph?

Kelnish
June 25th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Overlooking View does nothing that starting with another chapter couldn't accomplish and Shiki losing an arm is only relevant for Overlooking View.

And Seo is Azaka's roommate.

Remaining sense of pain does nothing that another chapter couldn't accomplish and Shiki losing an arm is only relevant for Overlooking view.

Crown
June 25th, 2014, 07:31 PM
I think Overlooking View is one of, if not the best. That and remaining sense of pain.

And here I thought I was the hipster.

Daiki
June 25th, 2014, 07:44 PM
6>7>5>3=MF>2>1>epilogue>4

Why is Oblivion Recorder so high?

I think Overlooking View is one of, if not the best.

I am not surprised that the dollfie lover would enjoy some creepy puppets. No sir.

terraablaze
June 25th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Remaining sense of pain does nothing that another chapter couldn't accomplish and Shiki losing an arm is only relevant for Overlooking view.

It's like I listed Remaining Sense of Pain amongst the stories that didn't advance the over arching plot much. I specifically mentioned Overlooking View because "it was the intro ergo it's important" isn't a very strong argument because really the way it's set up you could make almost any of the stories the intro story.

Crown
June 25th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Why is Oblivion Recorder so high?

Because it was the move I enjoyed watching the most, even if it wasn't as important as the rest; it sent a smile to my face. I honestly believe it had the most compelling ost as well (M02+M03, M12, M14, M15+16+17 oh god). And because I like Azaka. The reasons are quite shallow/simple.

Fuck the plot, give me Azaka.

terraablaze
June 25th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I have faith, surely Nasu will deliver Touko and Azaka meeting each other.

Dullahan
June 26th, 2014, 12:27 AM
I have faith, surely Nasu will deliver Touko and Azaka meeting each other.

"Heeeeeey. I was in the middle of some other stuff and I noticed you have the ability to burn things with your mind! I'm bored and you're hot, so want to learn how to not be a n00b with it?"
"Will it help me fuck my brother?"
"Uh....yeah, sure, whatever. Anyway, first part of your training, take off your clothes."

/backstory

terraablaze
June 26th, 2014, 07:48 AM
That doesn't sound like what he described at all.

Kirby
June 26th, 2014, 08:01 AM
How did he describe it?

terraablaze
June 26th, 2014, 08:12 AM
When did Azaka become Touko's apprentice?

Nasu: Since she formally became Touko's apprentice after Shiki woke up, that would be sometime around June or July of 1998. But, Touko and Azaka had already met before then. While Azaka was still living at her relatives' house, a series of strange incidents occurred, and Touko was the one that got to the bottom of it. As the daughter of the house, Azaka got dragged cooperating with the investigation. Though at that stage, probably neither of them would have guessed that they would eventually become master and apprentice! By the way, when Kokutou first came to Touko's office, she had no idea he was Azaka's older brother. As for why, it's because——

Takeuchi: Hey, hey, is it really okay if you go and spoil things like that?

Nasu: I-Is that bad? It's bad, isn't it? Then, someday when you least expect it I'll go ahead and blab it out…

Takeuchi: You're being irresponsible again…

I think there was another place where he describes it but I can't remember where. I know it gets a brief mention in the 10th anniversary but no details were given.

Hen_Ichi
June 26th, 2014, 02:18 PM

Overlooking view begins to elucidate Shiki's character and nature, less so Touko and Kokuto. Fujyou vaguely mentions someone facilitating her out of body experience.
Remaining Sense of Pain, again mostly character thing. What the Garan no Dou threesome actually do, exploring their characters more. That the story lasts beyond the meeting at Annenerbe shows that a great deal revolves around exploring what this self professed killer's relationship with killing actually is.
Oblivion recorder - Of course by now, that Kurogiri was asked by Araya to troll Shiki. This part explores how Shiki is actually adapting somewhat to her current state. Then Kurogiri. Thus leading onto the finale.

Polly
June 26th, 2014, 03:04 PM
It's almost as if there were more to KnK than just nasu-lore.

SeiKeo
June 26th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Aaaag plot. Who cares. Next you'll tell me that a famous work of film, literature, or otherwise, should have not included a famous scene because it doesn't move the plot.

terraablaze
June 26th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Overlooking view begins to elucidate Shiki's character and nature, less so Touko and Kokuto. Fujyou vaguely mentions someone facilitating her out of body experience.
Remaining Sense of Pain, again mostly character thing. What the Garan no Dou threesome actually do, exploring their characters more. That the story lasts beyond the meeting at Annenerbe shows that a great deal revolves around exploring what this self professed killer's relationship with killing actually is.
Oblivion recorder - Of course by now, that Kurogiri was asked by Araya to troll Shiki. This part explores how Shiki is actually adapting somewhat to her current state. Then Kurogiri. Thus leading onto the finale.
Character development really isn't the same as plot.

But the complaint was specifically about Gospel of the Future being fanservice because "no plot", which I was addressing by pointing out that Rakkyo doesn't really have the most consistent plot velocity.

Rokudaime
June 27th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I wish UTW would hurry up and sub Extra Chorus already, so I can watch it...

terraablaze
June 27th, 2014, 09:37 AM
I wish UTW would hurry up and sub Extra Chorus already, so I can watch it...

You can't depend on Unlimited Translation Works for anything these days (what are they even subbing at the moment?). Just watch what's available.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't speak for others, but I never implied that was the reason I consider it fanservice.

That's what Skeen said and than other people got involved somehow. Just for the record, why do you consider it fanservice?

Rokudaime
June 27th, 2014, 10:11 AM
You can't depend on Unlimited Translation Works for anything these days (what are they even subbing at the moment?). Just watch what's available.

Except there hardly is anything available...The only other group I could find that has translated Extra Chorus into English at all is some small-time no-name group called "KoyuuKekkai", and Extra Chorus is the ONLY thing they've done so far, and they don't have an English website...Hardly sounds worth the risk...I need my KnK fix in good video quality with good subs, otherwise it's not worth watching. And yeah, true, UTW doesn't really have time to do much subbing at all these days because some of the members (including the leader) is super-busy or something, so the only new thing they're subbing is Puchimas...Lol...

EDIT: So I just discovered that KoyuuKekkai is actually a member on this site (so he's a one-man team when it comes to subbing Extra Chorus then I guess). Interesting...Maybe I'll give his release a go.

Hen_Ichi
June 27th, 2014, 11:38 AM
I consider Shiki the main plot around which it all revolves.

Araya and his little friends just trolling her :V
But even in that sense it's part of Araya's campaign to provoke Shiki.

It's a heartwarming gurl meets puppy story of puppy love :V

Kat
June 28th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Except there hardly is anything available...The only other group I could find that has translated Extra Chorus into English at all is some small-time no-name group called "KoyuuKekkai", and Extra Chorus is the ONLY thing they've done so far, and they don't have an English website...Hardly sounds worth the risk...I need my KnK fix in good video quality with good subs, otherwise it's not worth watching. And yeah, true, UTW doesn't really have time to do much subbing at all these days because some of the members (including the leader) is super-busy or something, so the only new thing they're subbing is Puchimas...Lol...

Nobody should complain at subs if they are not actually buying legal copies.

Kelnish
June 29th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I'll continue to complain about things like this. Like why doesn't Japan has US military discounts on their websites? Huh? I would buy stuff if they did that.

Rokudaime
June 29th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Nobody should complain at subs if they are not actually buying legal copies.

As far as I know those legal copies don't come with English subs for some reason, even though the boxset with the other movies did come with English subs (though I don't know how good they are). I prefer to buy things I can actually use. That said, it doesn't matter to me anymore anyway. I just watched KoyuuKekkai's release, and it was fine.

BamBam75320
May 15th, 2018, 11:25 AM
HOW THE HELL DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS MANGA?! I read the novels upwards of 7 times and seen all the movies about 12. Well, i guess i have something to do this summer.

Rokudaime
May 17th, 2018, 12:54 PM
It's still ongoing (7 volumes so far) despite having started in 2010, and has not been licensed in English, and the last chapter that was scanlated online was chapter 21, by JS Scans, and that was over 4 years ago...Yeah, I don't think I'll ever be reading this one. That's fine though. The anime movies are more than good enough on their own for me anyway.