PDA

View Full Version : If you had immortality...

Tohno
June 1st, 2011, 07:19 AM
What would you do with it?

MZeroX
June 1st, 2011, 07:23 AM
look for a way to kill myself.

Tohno
June 1st, 2011, 07:31 AM
WHAT A SENSELESS WASTE OF HUMAN LIFE /montypython

MZeroX
June 1st, 2011, 07:35 AM
immortality seems really fucking unattractive to me. /gets the joke but feels strongly about the subject of acceptance of death

Tohno
June 1st, 2011, 07:38 AM
Sure. I mean, I look forward to what cometh after death. But it's a fun little scenario, since you'd never face death.

Lemme rephrase it so it's more fun.
Alright, if you had immortality, eternal youth, and regeneration powers, what would you do with it?

MZeroX
June 1st, 2011, 07:39 AM
I believe there isn't anything after death. Life is what you get as it is. But accepting death as your ultimate end in and of itself is a good thing. Thus, it is purely against my moral aesthetic to desire immortality.

But to entertain the the "fun" portion... I'd look for ways to kill myself magnificently. After all, I'm not invulnerable, but I'll return to full health shortly thereafter, so might as well do everything in my power to exercise that ability. Moreover, you'd have so much time that after you've done everything to your fancy, you'd just end up bored. Sure you might have a blast for a long time depending on what you like to do, but eventually everything turns into tedium.

KENTA
June 1st, 2011, 07:50 AM
Fuck it.

Ivan The Mouse
June 1st, 2011, 07:59 AM
Be a wanderer.

Blue
June 1st, 2011, 08:02 AM
Begin a quest to meet everyone I've met online and have tea with them?

KENTA
June 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM
You can do that now.

Tohno
June 1st, 2011, 08:04 AM
Begin a quest to meet everyone I've met online and have tea with them?

You can. Also HAVING TEA WITH THEM IS THE MOST AWESOME USAGE OF IMMORTALITY I'VE SEEN SO FAR

Continue.

KENTA
June 1st, 2011, 08:08 AM
What, fucking it isn't good enough for you Tohno? I figured you'd be all over that.

anamesis
June 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM
...i would spend large portions of my time translating books into tolkein-elvish and the covert sneaking them a shelf at a time into public libraries all over canada.

because shit would be funny.

shut up, lots of free time doesnt amount to intelligent ideas

MZeroX
June 1st, 2011, 08:14 AM
i do wonder, does "regeneration powers" destroy or simply counteract things like viruses?

KENTA
June 1st, 2011, 08:14 AM
Kinda surprised you don't already do that.

anamesis
June 1st, 2011, 08:21 AM
it takes an assload of time for just one page, if i got bored more often and had access to publishing materials i would probably be in the newspaper by now as the elf-bastard

well, probably a better title than that :/

Marth
June 1st, 2011, 08:26 AM
http://sadpanda.us/images/509680-2I7IWAO.jpg

Mike1984
June 1st, 2011, 09:30 AM
Whatever the fuck I like, because there aren't any consequences (well, as long as you're careful about it, and make sure not to get captured). I'd do what I thought was right and screw what other people told me to do, and because I'm invincible I could deal with problems normal people wouldn't dare to take on.

Lotus Saint
June 1st, 2011, 09:42 AM
I'd go to a party, stuff my mouth full of confetti, blow my head off with a shotgun, and then dance as blood gushes from my neck while it rains bloody confetti.

Blue
June 1st, 2011, 10:24 AM
Whatever the fuck I like, because there aren't any consequences (well, as long as you're careful about it, and make sure not to get captured). I'd do what I thought was right and screw what other people told me to do, and because I'm invincible I could deal with problems normal people wouldn't dare to take on.
Yeah pretty much the only thing you have to worry about is being caught by some organization who dissects you over and over again to try and learn how you tick.

I'd go to a party, stuff my mouth full of confetti, blow my head off with a shotgun, and then dance as blood gushes from my neck while it rains bloody confetti.

Sounds like a ball. Lemme know when you're planning this shindig.

SeiKeo
June 1st, 2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah pretty much the only thing you have to worry about is being caught by some organization who dissects you over and over again to try and learn how you tick.

That actually sounds like a pretty big thing to worry about.

Mike1984
June 1st, 2011, 10:34 AM

Heh, lol.

Well, I was thinking of something like that, yeah. Or just locking me in a cage and throwing away the key....

Blue
June 1st, 2011, 10:46 AM
That actually sounds like a pretty big thing to worry about.

I guess the trick would be to lie low and not get caught ^_^ You'd still be capable of getting away with a lot of shit though I reckon.

Heh, lol.

Well, I was thinking of something like that, yeah. Or just locking me in a cage and throwing away the key....

You'd have to have done some pretty nasty stuff for them to force that on you. Though it also sounds like the part of a fantasy/sci-fi story. Fast forward a few hundred years. Global disaster. Imminent death. They come and dig you out to help save the world :)

SeiKeo
June 1st, 2011, 10:50 AM
I guess the trick would be to lie low and not get caught ^_^ You'd still be capable of getting away with a lot of shit though I reckon.

I imagine switching countries about every 40 years. US, UK, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Italy, repeat ad nauseam.

Kotonoha
June 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Outlive everyone I love, go mad.

Tobias
June 1st, 2011, 12:06 PM
go mad.

moreso?

ringlhach
June 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM
Maybe she'd go sane? I think I'd just end up living in a library, depending on whether or not I have to eat.

TypeWannabe
June 1st, 2011, 12:42 PM
Who wants to live forever?
Who dares to love forever...when love must die?
But...touch my tears, with your lips
Touch my world, with your fingertips
AND WE CAN HAVE FOREVAH
AND WE CAN LOVE FOREVAH
FOREVER IS OUR TODAY

But seriously (although you could make an argument that I was being serious above) living forever would be depressing. If it was the type of immortality that makes you stop growing, it'd be even more so, because everyone around you would grow older and perish while you would linger on. Plus, in the heat end of the world, you'd still be floating around. And I'm not sure I would like living on without my wife (lulz, don't have a wife now, but you know, if I did).

Ruca_Milda
June 1st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Form a harem of cats

Then watch them die, go emo and go mad ;_;

Theocrass
June 1st, 2011, 12:54 PM
Outlive everyone I love, go mad.

This.

You're all bonkers 'cept Koto. Well, Type and Zero aren't bonkers either, actually.

Marth
June 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM
This.

You're all bonkers 'cept Koto. Well, Type and Zero aren't bonkers either, actually.

*points to his previous post*

You clearly don't speak motivator-language.
Immortality is for the vain and the foolish. And I'm neither....usually. :p

Ivan The Mouse
June 1st, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hey, being a wanderer isn't a good thing. You are simply wandering because you have nothing to do anymore. And there it goes, you're bored, always bored to undeath.

Theocrass
June 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
*points to his previous post*

You clearly don't speak motivator-language.
Immortality is for the vain and the foolish. And I'm neither....usually. :p

Oops! Sorry, missed that!

Blue
June 1st, 2011, 01:07 PM
How grown up all of you. I'd give immortality a shot. Besides, I don't believe anything exists that can't be undone. Even immortals have death waiting for them eventually at some point.

Mike1984
June 1st, 2011, 01:55 PM
You'd have to have done some pretty nasty stuff for them to force that on you.

Or you could have just done good things but aimed at a horrible regime. Also, I was thinking them just trying to get you out of the way, rather than actually "punishing" you as such.

Even immortals have death waiting for them eventually at some point.

Yeah, physics tells us that.

Theocrass
June 1st, 2011, 02:53 PM
^^ What is that supposed to mean?

I'm just supposed to be happy that I can outlive my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren? Not to mention my little brother, younger cousins, nieces, and whatever children they have?

Also, I believe in an afterlife, and I'd like to get there eventually so I could see my grandfather again. Certainly, not for many decades. But waiting till the end of the world? No thank you.

Mike1984
June 1st, 2011, 03:06 PM
Well, if I'm immortal, why can't my family also be immortal?

I mean, yeah, outliving everyone you love would suck (I've pointed this out to Lantz with his version of the Nasuverse, actually, which has Sakura being essentially immortal, but her daughter (from what I can tell) isn't, and nor are Shirou or Rin), but then again dying also sucks if you don't believe in an afterlife. And, if you do, then you essentially are immortal, right?

DarkMAN
June 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM
What would I do?
Well, since I have GodMode, I would try to get AllWeapons and UnlimitedAmmo next.

TypeWannabe
June 1st, 2011, 05:33 PM
I love you.

DarkMAN
June 1st, 2011, 05:35 PM
I love you.

... U talking to me?

TypeWannabe
June 1st, 2011, 06:08 PM
I love you.

Alulim
June 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM
If I were immortal I'd eat cake.
Like a King

Blue
June 1st, 2011, 11:50 PM
^^ What is that supposed to mean?

I'm just supposed to be happy that I can outlive my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren? Not to mention my little brother, younger cousins, nieces, and whatever children they have?

Also, I believe in an afterlife, and I'd like to get there eventually so I could see my grandfather again. Certainly, not for many decades. But waiting till the end of the world? No thank you.

I fully and completely understand the logic of not wanting to outlive everyone you know. Hell I can even empathize with it slightly. But you see, the thing is... I'm not that mature. Right now, as I am, I honestly would give immortality a shot. Maybe one day 300 years from now I'll sit down in a corner and cry and wish I were dead. But right now, immortality sounds interesting.

Tohno
June 4th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Fuck it.

What, fucking it isn't good enough for you Tohno? I figured you'd be all over that.

.... But what is it that is being fucked? D:

Form a harem of cats

Then watch them die, go emo and go mad ;_;

It's Koto and Type and Zero who aren't sane because they aren't discussing it like the rest of us are! :D

MZeroX
June 5th, 2011, 12:51 AM
there isn't anything to discuss. unless multiple people you like are immortal as well, shit's going to be boring unless you just spend your time fucking with people or yourself. and if you fuck with people too much, you're just gonna end up in jail or prison without death as a means of escape. immortality by yourself sucks.

Just another guy
June 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I mean, yeah, outliving everyone you love would suck (I've pointed this out to Lantz with his version of the Nasuverse, actually, which has Sakura being essentially immortal, but her daughter (from what I can tell) isn't, and nor are Shirou or Rin), but then again dying also sucks if you don't believe in an afterlife. And, if you do, then you essentially are immortal, right?
Well, I think that if you do not believe in afterlife, the only problem would be how you would die, and not death itself.

Provided it is not a painful death, you should be alright, as you will not give a crap about your death after you have already died.

KENTA
June 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
.... But what is it that is being fucked? D:

It's Koto and Type and Zero who aren't sane because they aren't discussing it like the rest of us are! :D

I'm fucking my immortality.

eddyak
June 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM
World domination.

Seriously. You could easily set yourself up as the next jesus/buddha/whatever other deity you want, people would worship the hell out of you once you chopped off your own head and then got back up, you'd have most of the planet believing you're a freaking god.

Blue
June 8th, 2011, 11:33 AM
You'd need a very good plan to not just be abducted by some random secret society to study you though...

TypeWannabe
June 8th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Suddenly, Nazis.

eddyak
June 8th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Not a problem. You'd have the fanatics believing you, everyone else would think you were a stage magician, or something.

Blue
June 8th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Ah I see. Make it SEEM like it could be staged. Smoke and mirrors, beware the Eddy Troll.

Hoster
June 9th, 2011, 08:54 AM
If I was immortal, I'd make the most successful suicide bomber the world has ever seen.

Or more like the only successful suicide bomber...

I could also do work as a living crash dummy, giving valuable feedback like "ouch", "that hurt like a son of a bitch", and my personal favourite, "I didn't know a leg could turn that way".

Alulim
June 9th, 2011, 02:35 PM
^ You win.

Tohno
June 10th, 2011, 03:26 AM
If I was immortal, I'd make the most successful suicide bomber the world has ever seen.

Or more like the only successful suicide bomber...

Arguably, you'd be the least successful suicide bomber the world has ever seen.

I could also do work as a living crash dummy, giving valuable feedback like "ouch", "that hurt like a son of a bitch", and my personal favourite, "I didn't know a leg could turn that way".

^ You win.

^ Word.

Hoster
June 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Well, I guess you are right there... hard to kill yourself when you can't die.

Bomber-man.