PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Mono Generation Challenge

Artee
July 3rd, 2015, 11:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gLd2d79.png

You guys asked for it, so there it goes! A new Pokemon tournament is up!
This time I'm bringing you a Mono Generation Challenge.

- What's it?
It's pretty simple: Each participant will be able to have only Pokémon of one Generation in his/her team, from 1 to 6. The generations will be drawn for each player.
For example:
If player X got Generation 3, he/she can only have Pokémon of Generation 3 in the team during this whole tournament, and so on.

The list of Pokémon by Generation is here (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_numb er).

Participants confirmed

Prinz
Lancelot
Optimus
SINIB
KAIZA
Ghost132435
Mattias
Heart of the Star

Brackets

http://i.imgur.com/7oSUXq0.png

Generation Draw

http://i.imgur.com/WC5GZuy.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTES: Each number corresponds to their respectives gens, however, 7, 8 and 9 corresponds to 2, 5 and 6 respectively (I drew these three to show up twice)
Don't forget that the Megas you are going to use are going to be based on their base appearance. For example: If you got gen 1, you can use Mega Gyarados and so on.

Rules

They're basically the same as the other tournaments ran by me, which are:

Platform: 3DS, 3DSXL, New 3DS or New 3DSXL

Battle Mode: Double

Team Level: 50

Each participant will take 6 Pokemon, but will only use 4 of them in each battle

Each participant can have ONE uber in his/her team, except the three ones written below in the "Banned Pokémon" quote.
The list of ubers is here (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/uber/)

Banned Items

Soul Dew

Banned Pokémon

Mega Rayquaza, Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Such as:

A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.
Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.
OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
Pokémon may be up to level 50.

About the finals:
The winner will face the losers brackets' winner in a best of 3 games, but he will have an advantage of 1 game. If the winner of the losers brackets manages to defeat his opponent, there will be another best of 3 games match, but this time, none of them will have a head start nor advantages.
So, the matches losers won't be totally out until they lose at the losers brackets.

Dates

You may subscribe to this tournament until July 10th 2015, by sending me a PM or by replying to this thread, so I'll update the main post with the confirmed players and then use a randomizer to decide the confrontations + generation each player will play with.
The tournament should begin on August 15th 2015, so you'll have almost a month to breed your teams and do whatever else.

The winners of the first games will advance to the quarterfinals and the losers will play among each other in the losers bracket.

You may have three days to settle your battle for each stage of the tournament, and then send me the battle code via PM. I'll update the main post after watching it.

Prizes (Click the links for the pictures with their respective descriptions)

1st Place: Korean Event Rayquaza (http://i.imgur.com/vs1ZMYt.png) (Modest Nature);

2nd Place: Japanese Event Surfing Pikachu (http://i.imgur.com/U2b1e24.png) (Timid Nature with Hidden Power ICE);

3rd Place: Japanese Event Keldeo (http://i.imgur.com/rhiECGN.png) (Timid Nature).

Notes

These three days are for any unforeseen situations, commitments and similar things you may have, not to breed anything while you're making your opponent wait for your willingness to battle;
Don't forget to send me the battle code via PM instead of posting it here, or you'll be exposing strategies, both yours and your opponents'.
I'll be on a trip from July 4th to July 24th, so I may take awhile to reply to your PMs and to this thread during these days, but don't worry, I'll reply to you all as soon as I can!

Good Luck everyone!

Rafflesiac
July 3rd, 2015, 11:49 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SIGN ME UP

SIGN

ME

UP

Artee
July 3rd, 2015, 11:52 PM
Signing you up in the speed of liiiggghttt

Megas
July 4th, 2015, 12:13 AM
I'm in, I guess this is my que to start actually finishing the game ^_^

Optimus
July 4th, 2015, 12:14 AM
I'm in.

Artee
July 6th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Okay!
I need at least 6 to make it happen, guys, so, 3 more

Heart of the Star
July 7th, 2015, 12:20 PM
This sounds fun, albeit difficult. Anyone who gets gen 1 might be screwed. Also could you clarify how Mega evolution work in this, for example Gengar is Gen 1 but Mega Gengar is gen 7? (I don't keep track fully) And what about mewtwo does it count as 1 Uber or 2 if you mega it?

Anyway I'm in.

Mattias
July 7th, 2015, 03:28 PM
This sounds fun, albeit difficult. Anyone who gets gen 1 might be screwed. Also could you clarify how Mega evolution work in this, for example Gengar is Gen 1 but Mega Gengar is gen 7? (I don't keep track fully) And what about mewtwo does it count as 1 Uber or 2 if you mega it?

I think it would be the base Mon's appearence, especially as mega's are more like an item use anyways.

But yeah, Count me in. Hopefully I'll get one of the better Gen's (not 4).

Rafflesiac
July 7th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Hopefully I'll get one of the better Gen's (not 4).
I will find you, and I will crush you like a fattened tick between my fingers so that you drown in your own fluids and despair.

even if 3 and 5 are the strongest gens

Mattias
July 7th, 2015, 05:31 PM
The only poke from 4 that I enjoy is Lucario. All others can go hang. Oh and Glaceon.

Artee
July 7th, 2015, 05:44 PM
I think it would be the base Mon's appearence, especially as mega's are more like an item use anyways.
Yup, you got it right!

Rafflesiac
July 7th, 2015, 05:53 PM
The only poke from 4 that I enjoy is Lucario. All others can go hang. Oh and Glaceon.
For being a godless heathen, you have surprisingly good taste.

Megas
July 7th, 2015, 05:59 PM
I dun mind any gen.

Well, cept maybe gen 5. But that's because gen5 pkmn bored me.

I don't really actively hate any gen though

SINIB
July 8th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Oh sign me up

Lancelot
July 9th, 2015, 01:50 AM
I am in!

KAIZA
July 9th, 2015, 11:20 AM
I'll probably regret it due to inexperience (caused by lack of playing), plus I need to replay til I get the Mega Bracelet to have a fairer chance, but...eh, what the hell. Sign me up too.

GhostDIGIT
July 9th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Ah, what the hell? Sign me up!

Mattias
July 9th, 2015, 06:45 PM
I'll probably regret it due to inexperience (caused by lack of playing),

Don't worry about it, you'll probably do better than me. I always lose first round. But its the fun of making a new team for a specific purpose that I love about them.

Megas
July 10th, 2015, 11:22 AM
I've been playing PAD for the last while. So don't think that you're anywhere near the bottom in terms of experience.

I need to actually finish the game

GhostDIGIT
July 10th, 2015, 11:28 AM
If you have nothing planned you'll finish it in about six hours. I'm just training up random Pokemon out of boredom. Endlessly replaying trainers helps more with leveling then wild pokemon ever will.

Artee
July 10th, 2015, 01:36 PM
With 8 participants this is going to be more fun than ever!
The subscriptions end today, I'll be drawing the gens and updating the main post until tomorrow!

Artee
July 11th, 2015, 03:53 AM
You may take a look at the main post!

Heart of the Star
July 11th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Ooh, gen 6. I like.

Hmm, this will be tricky. I have 0 Gen 6 pokemon already and none of the good ones are catchable in AS... I am going to have to trade like mad.

Rafflesiac
July 11th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Gen 4!

Let's represent! To everyone who dissed Sinnoh, who said that Diamond and Pearl were terrible games - I'm taking you down now!

GhostDIGIT
July 11th, 2015, 10:33 AM
...I liked those games..

Heart of the Star
July 11th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know of a way for me to get my pokemon from X over to AS with only one DS?

GhostDIGIT
July 11th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Pokemon Bank.

Mattias
July 11th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Gen 5? This might be a tough one...

At least I'll have three already done.

GhostDIGIT
July 11th, 2015, 12:28 PM
I got lucky with my draw. I already have a lot of Hoenn Pokemon that are trained but I'll just train up a new team for this special occasion.

SINIB
July 11th, 2015, 12:37 PM
gen 5 huh

Megas
July 11th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Don't forget that the Megas you are going to use are going to be based on their base appearance. For example: If you got gen 1, you can use Mega Gyarados and so on.

This still makes things confusing even if I don't have that name currently.

Oh yeah, I guess Gen 6 it is.

Artee
July 11th, 2015, 08:17 PM
This still makes things confusing even if I don't have that name currently.

Oh yeah, I guess Gen 6 it is.

Lol , I thought the same xD

Mattias
July 12th, 2015, 05:44 PM
So, I know the title says Ruby and Sapphire, but can we use any Gen 6 game? All my mains are on my X version anyways, and it's easier for me to train the up there.

Rafflesiac
July 12th, 2015, 06:28 PM
So, I know the title says Ruby and Sapphire, but can we use any Gen 6 game? All my mains are on my X version anyways, and it's easier for me to train the up there.
Unfortunately no, since X/Y games don't acknowledge any OR/AS Mega Evolutions, and force players of those games not to use them.*

*This is called Kalos Rules by the games.

GhostDIGIT
July 12th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Don't forget the moves that were included in OR/AS.

Mattias
July 12th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Balls! Now I've got to trade everyone over to Ruby.

Megas
July 19th, 2015, 06:52 PM
So, is it possible to take pokemon from my XY profile and pull them into ORAS?

Cause elsewise I have approximately 0 gen 6 pokemon

GhostDIGIT
July 19th, 2015, 06:55 PM
....Want me to breed you a dragon?

Megas
July 19th, 2015, 06:56 PM
I feel like that would defeat the point

GhostDIGIT
July 19th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Well, good luck getting sixth gen pokemon. Try wonder trade it's completely random but you'll get one eventually.

Megas
July 19th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Like, I was just hoping I could trade my team over from XY, without buying another 3DS

GhostDIGIT
July 19th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Oh! Pokemon Bank is your friend..Well not really 'cause you have to pay for it.

Rafflesiac
July 19th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Like, I was just hoping I could trade my team over from XY, without buying another 3DS
Using Pokebank would be your best option, yes.

It even only costs $5.00 a year!

- - - Updated - - -

If you're truly skint, you can get a friend to trade your XY Pokemon to, and have them trade the Pokemon to your OR/AS game.

Megas
July 19th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Yeah.....

considering how much time I'm spending on PAD and how much money I'm willing to spend....

errrr....

Could someone just change me to gen 3 or something so I can compete? I may have to pull out elsewise, unless someone here is willing to do the whole trading thing raffles just mentioned with me.

GhostDIGIT
July 19th, 2015, 07:59 PM
...You, are you willing to help Me out?

- - - Updated - - -

I can see you lurking.

Rafflesiac
July 19th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Yeah.....

considering how much time I'm spending on PAD and how much money I'm willing to spend....

errrr....

Could someone just change me to gen 3 or something so I can compete? I may have to pull out elsewise, unless someone here is willing to do the whole trading thing raffles just mentioned with me.
Five dollars is too much? Wow, that's...

Sure, I can help you out. I'll need to make my team first though, so would August 1st be an acceptable trade date?

Megas
July 19th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Sure.

It's not really too much, but I don't play pokemon enough to justify the cost outside of this competition

SINIB
July 20th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Pokemon bank is your best friend and costs basically nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't mind doing trades with you tho, I can steal my bro's 3ds.

Artee
July 21st, 2015, 01:55 AM
Sure.

It's not really too much, but I don't play pokemon enough to justify the cost outside of this competition

Well, I can try helping you with this, but I can only do it on the 25th because I'm in Poland and I didn't bring my 3DS with me (the hotel's wifi is also shitty and last time I came my 3DS didn't connect anyway)

Megas
July 22nd, 2015, 09:24 AM
It's ok, Raffles said August 1st.

And I'm ok with that.

I really think that game freak should have just let me do it via the save data on my 3DS's memory card though.....

SINIB
July 24th, 2015, 08:52 AM
I hate gen V's pokemon.

Artee
July 25th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I hate gen V's pokemon.

Yeah, I don't like them either (just like a fewwww ones, but still), it's my least favorite gen, for Pokemon + Story.

SINIB
July 25th, 2015, 04:24 PM
I'm so screwed lol.

KAIZA
July 25th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Aaaaaaaaaand due to a variety of circumstances, I forgot about this (I did see which Gen I got when it was announced, though). *-*
I need to catch up fast!!

Mattias
July 30th, 2015, 12:37 AM
Shit, I just remembered that this is in a week and a half. I hope I can get those three up to snuff in time.

Megas
July 30th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Shit, I just remembered that this is in a week and a half. I hope I can get those three up to snuff in time.

I feel like I'm gonna lose no matter what, I got caught up in playing PAD.

.....Raff, you don't need to worry about it, Imma withdrawl here.

I have a lot of errands and general obligations over the next week involving cars changing hands within the family, so I know I'm not going to have the time to both move over and train up my team.

Artee
July 30th, 2015, 09:55 AM
I feel like I'm gonna lose no matter what, I got caught up in playing PAD.

.....Raff, you don't need to worry about it, Imma withdrawl here.

I have a lot of errands and general obligations over the next week involving cars changing hands within the family, so I know I'm not going to have the time to both move over and train up my team.
So, does it mean you're quitting?
I should know it before I post the brackets, and that would be around next Sunday/Monday.

Megas
July 30th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I am sitting this one out.

But thanks for setting up this tournament which actually got me to pick up omega ruby again and hopefully finish it.

Artee
August 1st, 2015, 04:40 PM
Attention guys, news about this tournament~!

I am going to postpone this tournament to one week later, therefore, it will now begin on Aug 15th instead of Aug 8th. Why? Because I'm nice, yes :p I've been noticing you guys are kinda late with the preparation of your teams, and I don't want you to avoid participating because of this. The main post has been edited with the new date! See you next week!

Rafflesiac
August 4th, 2015, 04:05 PM
I'll be traveling on the 15th and Grand Order's devouring my free time, so I'm bowing out of this.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the next one!

Artee
August 4th, 2015, 08:21 PM
.. omg Raffl, no.. wai

Now the two who had asked the most to have this are quitting ;_;

Thedoctor
August 5th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Hmm a pokemon tournament.

Artee
August 5th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Hmm a pokemon tournament.

If you're able to get a gen 4 or 6 team with one uber and is interested in participating, you can

Thedoctor
August 5th, 2015, 12:59 PM
If you're able to get a gen 4 or 6 team with one uber and is interested in participating, you can

I don't have either game sorry. I might have been able to if I found out earlier.

Lancelot
August 6th, 2015, 12:36 AM
I'll be traveling on the 15th and Grand Order's devouring my free time, so I'm bowing out of this.

Just train your team while F/GO is under maintenance, you will have plenty of time xDD
Srsly, don't quit please!! =/

Prinz
August 6th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Are you using casual or tryhard teams?

Artee
August 6th, 2015, 01:50 PM

Ok, you're going for a trip, that's more reasonable, because I changed the dates and all, it's not your fault. But the Fate GO thing bothers me. You're one of the two who asked to have this and if you didn't have to travel I'd be mad, because I spent more than an hour just to make the main post with the rules (even if I'm using a lot of the same ones from the last time), I had to run to try to find nice prizes for this, and I didn't want to announce them before I managed to get them; I was asked to make this tournament by the time I was about to leave for a 21 days trip, so I was really busy, plus, I had to strive to manage to connect and login here to update the post because I was only with my ipad and phone, which are quite shitty to post here + the wifis I was getting were crap. So yeah, this kinda bothers me.

I don't have either game sorry. I might have been able to if I found out earlier.
No worries, maybe if I make another one next time~

Are you using casual or tryhard teams?
What's exactly the "tryhard teams" do you mean?

Thedoctor
August 6th, 2015, 02:07 PM
I'll keep a closer eye on this section then Artee :)

Btw cool avatar.

Prinz
August 6th, 2015, 02:34 PM
What's exactly the "tryhard teams" do you mean?

I mean teams like you would see in tournaments, where people have serious thoughts about strategy

I just want to know on which "level" this tournament takes place (which determines how motivated I would be to jump in if needed)
since I actually only trained 2 competetive pokemon for battle frontier in all those years I played and mostly did playthroughs

I mean, this DV/EV stuff got quite easy by now, and I would maybe through the effort to train a team
but I just dont have a clue about real competetive playing, and just choosing mons of the highest tier would kinda kill the fun for me anyway

Lancelot
August 6th, 2015, 03:41 PM
I mean teams like you would see in tournaments, where people have serious thoughts about strategy

I just want to know on which "level" this tournament takes place (which determines how motivated I would be to jump in if needed)
since I actually only trained 2 competetive pokemon for battle frontier in all those years I played and mostly did playthroughs

I mean, this DV/EV stuff got quite easy by now, and I would maybe through the effort to train a team
but I just dont have a clue about real competetive playing, and just choosing mons of the highest tier would kinda kill the fun for me anyway

I will be casually trying hard :neco_arc:

Well, you could check our past matches from the last tournaments if you would like. You can say that we put strategy in our teams and obviously they are on a competitive level.

Artee
August 6th, 2015, 04:09 PM
I'll keep a closer eye on this section then Artee :)

Btw cool avatar.
Okay! and Thank you!

Oh, I see. People here usually have competitive pokes with nice strategies, so yeah, these competitions are usually nice for me to watch!

Prinz
August 6th, 2015, 04:28 PM
well if needed I can jump in for any gen

just tell me early enough and I just try my best

Artee
August 6th, 2015, 06:24 PM
well if needed I can jump in for any gen

just tell me early enough and I just try my best

Well, this one starts in a few days (on the 15th), but since we had two people who aren't going to participate anymore (they were taking the gen 4 and 6), I could let more people enter the tournament even if the subscription period has ended, but I guess there's too little time for you to build a team now, I guess.

Prinz
August 6th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Well, this one starts in a few days (on the 15th), but since we had two people who aren't going to participate anymore (they were taking the gen 4 and 6), I could let more people enter the tournament even if the subscription period has ended, but I guess there's too little time for you to build a team now, I guess.

the leveling could become problematic but I am basically free all day at the moment and pokemon doesn't require focus so I guess I could manage

well I was just offering myself in case someone is needed

Artee
August 6th, 2015, 08:44 PM
the leveling could become problematic but I am basically free all day at the moment and pokemon doesn't require focus so I guess I could manage

well I was just offering myself in case someone is needed
I could level them up for you with rare candies, this wouldn't be a problem. But leveling up from X/Y onwards got so easier that this wouldn't take much time as well

Prinz
August 6th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I could level them up for you with rare candies, this wouldn't be a problem. But leveling up from X/Y onwards got so easier that this wouldn't take much time as well

in that case, just tell me a Gen and I will start tomorrow

having a reason to play pokemon once in a while again might be quite entertaining

Lancelot
August 6th, 2015, 11:36 PM
in that case, just tell me a Gen and I will start tomorrow

having a reason to play pokemon once in a while again might be quite entertaining

You can choose either 4# or 6# gen, just write below so Artee knows which one you picked.

Artee
August 6th, 2015, 11:36 PM
You can choose either 4# or 6# gen, just write below so Artee knows which one you picked.

Yeah, this~

Prinz
August 7th, 2015, 02:43 AM
will go with gen 4 then

if only the sleep rule wasn't there

Artee
August 8th, 2015, 08:10 PM
Hhehe, challenge~~

gotcha~

Mattias
August 8th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Team is bred, and EV training is underway. There's a surprisingly good amount of Gen V Pokemon out there. Still going to get wrecked in the first round though.

Artee
August 12th, 2015, 11:23 AM
The brackets have been added to the main post. Make sure to check your opponent for the first battle, and good luck!~

Mattias
August 14th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Yay! I managed to make and train up a team in three days. Now to pray I didn't choose completely the wrong types for whatever I end up facing.

KAIZA
August 14th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Yay! I managed to make and train up a team in three days. Now to pray I didn't choose completely the wrong types for whatever I end up facing.
I just noticed you're up against me for the first round. Oh, don't worry, given my team (which, due to poor time management, I managed to screw up), I'm sure you'll do fine.

SINIB
August 14th, 2015, 07:30 PM
I don't know if I can do it my mom took away my 3DS, I'll try to steal it back but I can't promise I'll succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I know for certain I can't pull together a gen v team though.

Artee
August 16th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Hmm. Guys, don't forget you have until tomorrow to set the first round of your battles (you have up to three days to set each battle). And also don't forget to send me the video code via PM when you do so, do not post the codes in the thread as they will show the others your strategies.

Lancelot
August 16th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I am waiting for Heart of the Star, good luck everyone and enjoy the battles :neco_arc::neco_arc::neco_arc:

Mattias
August 17th, 2015, 07:35 PM
So KAIZA is saying he won't be able to battle, so I guess I win.

KAIZA
August 17th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Dammit, homework! :'(

Mattias
August 17th, 2015, 08:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvIISDoarU

I guess in this instance, Artee's the guy in the lab coat.

Optimus
August 17th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Activity post, since opponent hasn't shown up, responded to my VM nor made any attempt to contact me, I'd like to ask for the TO's intervention.

Artee
August 18th, 2015, 05:45 PM
I guess school and Fate/Grand Order are dragging people too much. Not sure if I postpone this even more or just end with it already.

Lancelot
August 19th, 2015, 01:42 AM
Guys at least say it if you're willing to play or not =/
I know some had complications, but you really want to play I think postpone is a viable option... So who still wants to play this Tourney?

GhostDIGIT
August 19th, 2015, 01:49 AM
I do, I'm waiting on Prinz who I PMd about two days back.

Mattias
August 19th, 2015, 10:11 AM
I say postpone, but We'll have the same issue for the next while too. GO isn't going anywhere and School wont be settled until the second week of September. So we either drop it or postpone for a month.

Lancelot
August 19th, 2015, 06:09 PM
F/G0y is really messing people up... I see some many on reddit saying that they spent more than 500$ already.

Hopefully next time at least people will be able to show up for the matches.

KAIZA
August 19th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Well, although I guess postponing is an option, but as has been mentioned, school will last at least for a month. So, I'm not sure if it's a viable option. :(

Optimus
August 20th, 2015, 03:43 PM
I'm willing to play anything Pokémon, but to be fair it doesn't sound like there's a huge following in BL. Dunno what can be done, maybe host something simpler next time, we could promote the vgc scene or host multis or something like that, maybe.

Prinz
August 21st, 2015, 12:39 PM
stuff came up so I didn't have as much free time as expected

+ we were having record temperatures here in Germany so I was even less motivated to grind pokemon