PDA

View Full Version : lords of fate discussion thread/signups

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lantzblades
June 2nd, 2011, 09:46 PM
Lords of fate: a tale of blood and hope in the hot midday sun

On a continent surrounded by islands away from the reach of ordinary men a battle has begun for control of the world. One kingdom now three have summoned from beyond time and space heroes to aid their goals. The Lion, the Lily or the Dragon, which will you support?

The Rules

1) I am the Game Master, what this means is I am the ultimate authority for the game. My rulings are law. To this end if you have issues with other players either in game or the discussion thread then you bring to me and if I am unable to get it resolved then I take it to the mods myself. Going over my head will result in you being booted from the game for defying the trust required for the game.

2) No godmoding, characters aren’t perfect

3) Characters can die, if you do don’t take it hard it’s a game and we’ll figure out something for you to if you would like to continue playing with the rest.

4) Keep your in character knowledge away from your out of character knowledge. You will be penalized I catch you using things you shouldn’t know in character

How it’ll work

The game will be done with a posting order (with me at the top) Players play a single character (either BL member or canon character) any canon characters not played by players with be incidental and only appear should they be sought out (except the Sabers) BL members are themselves with all there knowledge

Battle

Players state their intent and I role opposing twenty sided die and then post the result of the actions based on the result of the die.

Here’s the table

1= fumble, a fumble is something bad that will happen. This can be anything from dropping a weapon, tripping or having a spell fizzle

2-9= miss/fail. Your action misses it’s intended target or otherwise fails. It’s not a bad result simply not ideal

10-14= hit/success. The barest margin of success, you succeed at your intent be it attack or otherwise.

15-19=Solid hit/good success. As with 10-14 except the result is simply better

20=perfect strike /perfect success. The attack/task is performed exactly as intended and has a further chance at a critical success or failure

A critical success is achieved by rolling 15 or higher after rolling a 20 a critcal success improves a result by twice the intended result.

A critical failure is achieved by rolling a 1 after rolling a 20. It is a spectacular failure ruining a task completely or harming the character who failed

Instant kill/ultimate success. This is achieved by rolling a 20 then another 20 and then a successive 15. As the name implies it’s the best possible outcome for any action.

players signed up
-LeopardBear
-Milbunk
-Airen
-Kenta
-Lotus Saint
-Spooky
-mike1984
-Ace
taken characters
-Archerko=Spooky
-R. Shiki=Leopard bear
-Kojiro=Airen
-Caster(Medea)=Milbunk
-Shirou=Ace
any questions?

SeiKeo
June 2nd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Signing up like heck. If we choose to be ourselves, do we go in as your IRL selves or with any additional abilities?

Milbunk
June 2nd, 2011, 10:21 PM
I'm joining of course. I know I'm going to RP either Kuzuki, Caster, or Sasaki but I'm not sure which one.

Airen
June 2nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Joining.

If we choose to be ourselves, do we go in as your IRL selves or with any additional abilities?

I would like to know this as well.

KENTA
June 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM
I am so in.

lantzblades
June 2nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
If we choose to be ourselves, do we go in as your IRL selves or with any additional abilities?

you start as just yourselves but you can learn skills from the different characters or be awarded weapons and armour. as for using weapons your ability is a given. if you pick up Ea or such you can use it, maybe not well but you can.

SeiKeo
June 2nd, 2011, 10:44 PM
So, we're considered to be proficient in combat automatically?

lantzblades
June 2nd, 2011, 10:47 PM
So, we're considered to be proficient in combat automatically?

no I was referring to their magical properties not your combat skill

SeiKeo
June 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
So, no skills no nothing, just us, the skin on our back and the stuff we can do?

Lotus Saint
June 2nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Signing up.

So is there a limit to what we can learn and how fast we learn things?
And do we start out with petty weapons and then work our way up to the good stuff, or do we start with nothing and can get the good stuff at any point but it would be a giant pain in the ass?

lantzblades
June 2nd, 2011, 10:59 PM
So, no skills no nothing, just us, the skin on our back and the stuff we can do?

in the beginning yes but as i said you can learn skills and attain weapons and the like after that.

Signing up.

noted, remember to state if you're taking a canon character.

SeiKeo
June 2nd, 2011, 11:00 PM
Well, damn. I'd like to play myself but the only remotely applicable talent I have is that I'm half-partly competent at archery, and I'm not sure that's enough.

Lotus Saint
June 2nd, 2011, 11:02 PM
I'm more competent when I play myself.

And the only skills I really have are:
1. Spear-play
2. Extremely quick learning skills
3. pain tolerance
and 4. Very good hearing.

No, seriously.
I am good at using a spear in RL.
I can also use a sword with mediocre skills.

lantzblades
June 2nd, 2011, 11:03 PM
I'd like to play myself but the only remotely applicable talent I have is that I'm half-partly competent at archery, and I'm not sure that's enough.

I'm pretty well certain that most of the players are not suited for warfare out the gate Leopard so i think you're worrying needlessly

SeiKeo
June 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
I'm pretty well certain that most of the players are not suited for warfare out the gate Leopard so i think you're worrying needlessly

I'm not worrying about me vs other players, I'm worried about me vs NPCs. Plus, my plan works a lot less well when I'm not good with combat.

@ Lotus: Oh, so that's why you're Lancer.

Lotus Saint
June 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't last against an NPC either.
But it isn't gonna stop me from trying.

@ Lotus: Oh, so that's why you're Lancer.

It's also because I have always been obsessed with weapons when I was little.
While everyone else was playing Pokemanz I was looking up swords, spears, ect and their uses, strengths, and weaknesses.

lantzblades
June 2nd, 2011, 11:06 PM
well it's up to you leopard, pm me your plan btw

SeiKeo
June 2nd, 2011, 11:07 PM
Y'know, fuck it. Sign me up as myself.

Lotus Saint
June 2nd, 2011, 11:12 PM
So, would there be like a template or something?

lantzblades
June 2nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
So, would there be like a template or something?

no just a list of anything you've acquired during game, unless anyone signing up as them selves has a black belt or real weapons training there's no point in mentioning it as it's considered to be less then competent (competent being equal to the army's soldiers)

SeiKeo
June 2nd, 2011, 11:22 PM
Well, I've had a significant amount of practice with firearms, but I doubt that'd matter in this.

Lotus Saint
June 2nd, 2011, 11:23 PM
no just a list of anything you've acquired during game, unless anyone signing up as them selves has a black belt or real weapons training there's no point in mentioning it as it's considered to be less then competent (competent being equal to the army's soldiers)

I'm actually more tolerant to pain than most people in the Army.
And I have been trained in using a spear.

lantzblades
June 2nd, 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm actually more tolerant to pain than most people in the Army.

unless you have deadened nerves that won't make a difference

And I have been trained in using a spear.

years of formal training?

Well, I've had a significant amount of practice with firearms, but I doubt that'd matter in this.

not really no

Lotus Saint
June 2nd, 2011, 11:32 PM
unless you have deadened nerves that won't make a difference

I've shrugged off full body punches to the face, shrugged off crashing in a quad at full speed(and flying about 20 feet), and have shrugged off being stabbed in the foot.
Even then, that wouldn't matter?
Hell, I once burned my entire hand without even knowing it.

years of formal training?

About 2.
After that I stopped and practiced at home. I was still good enough to take down most of the kids who were there much longer than I was.

Although I guess I might go with a blank slate in the RP.
I like the idear of working from the ground up.
But can I get "Quick Learner" as a skill?

lantzblades
June 2nd, 2011, 11:50 PM
Even then, that wouldn't matter?

yeah it doesn't matter because remember that fsn rules state people were simply tougher back then so while you're tough you aren't as tough as the rest of the standard troops

About 2.
After that I stopped and practiced at home. I was still good enough to take down most of the kids who were there much longer than I was.

i'd call that enough to start out with the ability noted under your skills list but you won't be amazing or anything.

Lotus Saint
June 2nd, 2011, 11:51 PM
yeah it doesn't matter because remember that fsn rules state people were simply tougher back then so while you're tough you aren't as tough as the rest of the standard troops

i'd call that enough to start out with the ability noted under your skills list but you won't be amazing or anything.

Awww....

YAYZ~

lantzblades
June 2nd, 2011, 11:53 PM
now I want those signed up to answer (informally) who you plan to support

Lotus Saint
June 2nd, 2011, 11:54 PM
Lily.
Lily.
Lily.
Lily.
Saber with a ponytail.
Lily.
Lily.
Lily.
Lily.

SeiKeo
June 2nd, 2011, 11:58 PM
Told you already, but Lily.

Milbunk
June 2nd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Well I'm gonna wait, and then go with the person who has the least followers.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 12:01 AM
Ah, the "quiet man" way.

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 12:03 AM
Well I like to help out the underdog, but I'm starting to think I'll RP Kuzuki, that's not for sure though.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 12:16 AM
RPing Kuzuki eh?

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 12:16 AM
Bor~ing.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 12:18 AM
Would it be possible to learn Caster's Beamspam attack?

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 12:18 AM
Oh, you can't be content with being h4x in only one RP, eh?

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 12:21 AM
I said maybe, I might also be Sasaki or Caster.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 12:21 AM
Who I'm going to support....

I know I said normal Saber in the other thread but... I'll support Lily.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Would it be possible to learn Caster's Beamspam attack?

that's not very helpful, got a better descriptor then beamspam?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 12:27 AM
Let's see:
Being able to fire multiple high power lasers at a very high velocity that is comparable to a machine gun.

I plan on being a warmage.
Or at least a knight who knows buffing and debuffing spells.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 12:52 AM
Let's see:
Being able to fire multiple high power lasers at a very high velocity that is comparable to a machine gun.

the speed could be in that range after a bit of practice

as for the power i can't say you'd be able to put very much power into it each shot so the overall power would be decent but not mind breaking

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 01:05 AM
So I can have beamspam?
Excellent. I'll go over what I plan to learn and such after a bit.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 01:59 AM
So I can have beamspam?

yes although not as powerful

Excellent. I'll go over what I plan to learn and such after a bit.

pm me please

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 02:00 AM
Another time.
Another time.

Mike1984
June 3rd, 2011, 04:35 AM
I'll have a go at this, provided the canon characters are involved (and, please, don't make Sakura Dark, or if you do at least make it reasonably easy (as in, I would be likely to succeed in doing it, and could do so considerably before the end of the game) to save her, because I won't be happy about it one bit if the only form of her that shows up turns out to be the Dark form). Not sure who I'd support, though. Either Saber or Lily, almost certainly, depending on who is the least retardedly Lawful. But, given how I am as a person, I'm likely to flip between them somewhat (and maybe even support Alter on occasion) according to what I think is right and who my allies are working with (in particular, who Sakura is with), rather than supporting any one person consistently.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Wait, how can Lotus learn magic?

Spooky
June 3rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
Is there still room in this one? If there is, I'd like to sign up not as myself, but as Archerko. Also, since I see a distinct lack of supporters for her, I'll come down on the side of Alter. I'll make it my mission to mellow her out somewhat!

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 01:32 PM
Actually, if I can do this, change my character to Ryougi.

Mike1984
June 3rd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Hmm, Lantz, aren't the canon characters going to have a massive advantage over the non-canon ones here?

I mean, if I were to play Shirou, for instance, I get UBW and a bunch of other stuff, whereas if I play me I get to be an over-weight and unfit 26-year-old with no magical talent whatsoever and no practical ability.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
I'll have a go at this, provided the canon characters are involved

Mike the least you could do is read the opening post before making statements in the thread. it says clearly the canons will be involved. do pay attention to the information given in the future.

(and, please, don't make Sakura Dark, or if you do at least make it reasonably easy (as in, I would be likely to succeed in doing it, and could do so considerably before the end of the game) to save her, because I won't be happy about it one bit if the only form of her that shows up turns out to be the Dark form).

the NPC Canons are subject to the will of the players. I can't promise they won't try turn her dark or attempt to kill her the same way i cannot promise Archer won't succeed in killing Shirou. there's a direct element of chance and effect depending on what the players do or say to the canons

But, given how I am as a person, I'm likely to flip between them somewhat

I won't lie that'll leave you in a pretty terrible position

Wait, how can Lotus learn magic?

it's a story thing and al of the BL members have the same ability to learn magic.

Is there still room in this one? If there is, I'd like to sign up not as myself, but as Archerko. Also, since I see a distinct lack of supporters for her, I'll come down on the side of Alter. I'll make it my mission to mellow her out somewhat!

yes, there is and yes being Archerko is fine i'll not it momentarily on the list.

Actually, if I can do this, change my character to Ryougi.

Ryougi is particular Leop I need you to pm what you want out of playing her before I agree to it.

Hmm, Lantz, aren't the canon characters going to have a massive advantage over the non-canon ones here?

no, for one thing you know how to deal with the canon's they know nothing about you and you can learn magic and fighting skills in time to even out that combat gap.

Mike1984
June 3rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
Mike the least you could do is read the opening post before making statements in the thread. it says clearly the canons will be involved. do pay attention to the information given in the future.

Sorry, but I was somewhat rushing when I replied, since I needed to get to work, so I missed that bit.

the NPC Canons are subject to the will of the players. I can't promise they won't try turn her dark or attempt to kill her the same way i cannot promise Archer won't succeed in killing Shirou. there's a direct element of chance and effect depending on what the players do or say to the canons

Well, of course. I don't expect you to interfere in the actions of the other players. If they try anything like that, I'll just have to stop them (preferably in a highly fatal manner...).

All I was saying is that I don't want you to turn her Dark by default (for instance if you wanted an ally for Alter) or, if you really must, that you give me a decent shot at saving her.

I won't lie that'll leave you in a pretty terrible position

I see....

Well, I'm not going to make any choice right now, although Lily is the most likely because IIRC she's less Lawful Stupid than canon Saber. I'll decide based on what happens when I'm in the RP.

no, for one thing you know how to deal with the canon's they know nothing about you and you can learn magic and fighting skills in time to even out that combat gap.

Ah, OK.

I wasn't clear if we had our own knowledge. In that case, I'll definitely play myself, because it means I can justify going after Sakura....

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
Actually, Dark Sakura being the power behind Alter's throne sounds intriguing.

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
Here is a random question I just thought of. Lets say I am RPing Kuzuki and Caster is a NPC for a different side. Once Caster learned that she was fighting Kuzuki, would she switch sides?

Mike1984
June 3rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Actually, Dark Sakura being the power behind Alter's throne sounds intriguing.

It might sound intriguing to you, but to me it sounds like screwing over my favourite character for some small plot point.

Here is a random question I just thought of. Lets say I am RPing Kuzuki and Caster is a NPC for a different side. Once Caster learned that she was fighting Kuzuki, would she switch sides?

I'm not sure the NPCs are fighting for anyone, actually.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
I doubt that would be a small plot point myself, but it was just a random idea. I'm not going to make a push for me or anything.

Mike1984
June 3rd, 2011, 04:26 PM
I doubt that would be a small plot point myself, but it was just a random idea. I'm not going to make a push for me or anything.

Well, maybe not, but it would still suck, and I would not be happy to find Sakura being used in that way, especially since such a "power behind the throne" is inevitably going to either get knocked off by the true Big Bad midway through or, else, take over as the Big Bad herself, thus making it impossible to interact with her in her normal form at all.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 04:31 PM
All I was saying is that I don't want you to turn her Dark by default (for instance if you wanted an ally for Alter) or, if you really must, that you give me a decent shot at saving her.

i'm going to say if she gets into such a position a decent shot at saving her is solely on the players who attempt the rescue.

Lets say I am RPing Kuzuki and Caster is a NPC for a different side. Once Caster learned that she was fighting Kuzuki, would she switch sides?

in Caster's case no, given Kuzuki's personality i imagine he would be inclined to swap allies.

Mike1984
June 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
i'm going to say if she gets into such a position a decent shot at saving her is solely on the players who attempt the rescue.

Well, of course it's down to the players to succeed, but ultimately you are the one who decides the difficulty of doing so. And, like I said, I'd much rather it if you didn't make her Dark by default (although, of course, if the players act to make her like that, then that's their own fault...).

in Caster's case no, given Kuzuki's personality i imagine he would be inclined to swap allies.

Really? Caster wouldn't change sides for her Kuzuki?

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Really? Caster wouldn't change sides for her Kuzuki?

no, and like i said given Kuzuki's attitude and character he'd more then likely side with caster and that group anyways. Kojiro is another story mind you

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah if I remember correctly, Kuzuki chooses to fight for survival.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 06:23 PM
no, and like i said given Kuzuki's attitude and character he'd more then likely side with caster and that group anyways. Kojiro is another story mind you

Well all Kojiro really wants is a good fight, so he could end up siding with anyone. (Assuming that he isn't Caster's Servant in this, he would have no reason to go attack her like he did in UC.)

I seem to recall Milbunk calling dibs on RPing Kojiro, so I'll control him if Milbunk decides not to.

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Thats actually a pretty good question. Is Sasaki still connected to Caster?

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Thats actually a pretty good question. Is Sasaki still connected to Caster?

nope. for undisclosed reasons the servants don't have a need to be connected to a master, as such Kojiro isn't connected to Caster he can do as he wishes

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Alright I've made up my mind I'll RP Caster mainly because of what Lantz said. You can go ahead and RP Sasaki if you want.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Alright I've made up my mind I'll RP Caster mainly because of what Lantz said. You can go ahead and RP Sasaki if you want.

Excellent.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
I am contemplating if Blue Magic would be very OP or not.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 07:45 PM
I am contemplating if Blue Magic would be very OP or not.

you mean Aoko's true magic? you really expect to obtain that?

am I correct that you'll be playing Kojiro Airen?

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 07:46 PM
am I correct that you'll be playing Kojiro Airen?

Yes.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
you mean Aoko's true magic? you really expect to obtain that?

No, not Aoko's magic.
It's a type of magic that allows one to copy special skills and such and attacks and make it a permanent skill of theirs..
IE: I'm basically Archer only with Magic spells and attacks, not weapons.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
oh BLUE magic. yeah no, the only magical instance of such a phenomenon is Leysritt. and unless you're prepared to track down and kill her you won't be getting anything like blue magic.

Yes.

i'll update the front page shortly.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Kill....Leysritt?!!?!!?!?!!?
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How about Time Magic?

It's not like I'm going to spam haste on Heracles to the point were he's is always moving at godlike speeds or anything...

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Kill....Leysritt?!!?!!?!?!!?
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How about Time Magic?

It's not like I'm going to spam haste on Heracles to the point were he's is always moving at godlike speeds or anything...

If this^ is allowed you should cast haste on me, just so I could pull off a 'lol it's already hit you' Tsubame Gaeshi.

Double the HAX.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 08:09 PM
If this^ is allowed you should cast haste on me, just so I could pull off a 'lol it's already hit you' Tsubame Gaeshi.

You'd already preform about 400 in the amount of time for one.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
You'd already preformed about 400 in the amount of time for one.

So much HAX.... I like this plan.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
I would complain about Lotus being obscenely OP again, but I've lost my right to now. *sigh*

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
Chances are that Lantz won't allow it.

I am probably going to go with a buffer type of character.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
How about Time Magic?

minor only...if you can survive the training

you could, mind you, you'd be nearly dead if you tried.

Mike1984
June 3rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
OK, so, if I want to create my own character, what do I have to do?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Can we train ourselves and make new magics and such?
*contemplates a tsunami of lasers that petrify enemies*

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
OK, so, if I want to create my own character, what do I have to do?

if it's just you playing yourself give a description of what you look like and anything you might have on you at the point when you're teleported.

Can we train ourselves and make new magics and such?

you have to know the component spells that make up the effects of the new spell but yes it is possible to create new spells

*contemplates a tsunami of lasers that petrify enemies*

lazers that stone an enemy are fine but creating light in the manner of a rolling wave that can target individual people is impossible.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
you have to know the component spells that make up the effects of the new spell but yes it is possible to create new spells

UFUFUFUFUFUFUFU~

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
Watch as I cut your fancy spells into ribbons.

Mike1984
June 3rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
if it's just you playing yourself give a description of what you look like and anything you might have on you at the point when you're teleported.

Don't I need some kind of actual useful ability?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 08:41 PM

Watch as I drop a meteor onto the area.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 08:41 PM

You're a Ph.D, and I cannot imagine you're not familiar with a lot of other science. You could work wonders for the entire world if it's at a low tech level.

Watch as I dotstab it right out of existence before it hits me.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
UFUFUFUFUFUFUFU~

You're both on Lily's side apparently, so neither of you are going to be fighting each other, or me for that matter.

And if we did fight I'd just let Ryougi kill Lotus, then Tsubame Gaeshi her before she can process what's going on.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
And if we did fight I'd just let Ryougi kill Lotus, then Tsubame Gaeshi her before she can process what's going on.

Say hi to precognition.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
Great teamwork there Airen....

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Say hi to precognition.

Knowledge of Foremost Harmony

Great teamwork there Airen....

It's a hypothetical situation bro, if it comes down to it, I'd probably help you cut down Ryougi and her mystic eyes of hax perception. Besides we're all allies here, we should be planning how to kill Gil if he pops up.

KENTA
Late response, but I guess since everyone else is going Lily I'll support Normal Saber.

Mike1984
You're a Ph.D, and I cannot imagine you're not familiar with a lot of other science. You could work wonders for the entire world if it's at a low tech level.

Yeah, perhaps. It depends on what the situation is....

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Hmm, is it possible to learn spells that have status effects and such?

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 08:52 PM

anything other then knowledge can be gained after the start of the game and no one else would have particularly applicable skills

suicide seems to be a common theme with your plans lotus

very true

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 08:52 PM
Knowledge of Foremost Harmony

Sweet, I can't comprehend your sword techniques. I can still see the attacks coming before they happen, since I'm not relying on sword skills in this case.

Late response, but I guess since everyone else is going Lily I'll support Normal Saber.

Well, now that I'm not doing myself, I'll probably be supporting on a first come-first served basis.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
Sweet, I can't comprehend your sword techniques. I can still see the attacks coming before they happen, since I'm not relying on sword skills in this case.

Sure, you may be able to see the attacks coming, (in essence knowing that I'm going to attack) but as they are unreadable you won't know where they would land so it would be pretty pointless. You'd have to retreat or die in a straight out sword fight. (A sword which you apparently aren't using, so Ryougi would be even weaker.)

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
suicide seems to be a common theme with your plans lotus

It gets the job done.

And I could have gone with a Lightning Ball.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
Hmm, is it possible to learn spells that have status effects and such?

yes, again it would take awhile but it is possible

Sweet, I can't comprehend your sword techniques.

but you could still cut the thing in half...

It gets the job done.

And I could have gone with a Lightning Ball.

shocking attack are "more" "realistic" to the possible skill level

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
but you could still cut the thing in half...

If I was just standing still maybe, but since he's a Servant, Kojiro pretty much outclasses Ryougi in every way. (Though Void! Shiki could put up a defensive fight) And honestly, if you can't read someone's sword attacks, how are you supposed to cut the lines on them?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
It doesn't shock.
It explodes with the force of a H-bomb.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 09:08 PM
It doesn't shock.
It explodes with the force of a H-bomb.

...You'd kill yourself too.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
...You'd kill yourself too.

At least I'd take out Ryougi along with me.

But on a serious note:
What are the rules on bounded fields?

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 09:17 PM
At least I'd take out Ryougi along with me.

...She'd kill the explosion. /half-serious due to lolnasu

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
...She'd kill the explosion.

Then wouldn't I survive as well?

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 09:19 PM
Then wouldn't I survive as well?

Nah, she'd just kill the part of the explosion that would have killed her. /again, half-serious because of lol nasu.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Oh that nasu~

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
But on a serious note:
What are the rules on bounded fields?

what are you looking to do exactly?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
what are you looking to do exactly?

Oh, just increasing damage of a certain element and such.

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
I'm just curious, but do the canon characters get all of their abilities from the start?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
Chances are that they do.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Oh, just increasing damage of a certain element and such.

that's ok depending on the overall increase and which element

I'm just curious, but do the canon characters get all of their abilities from the start?

for the most part yes

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
that's ok depending on the overall increase and which element

It's more of a spell that creates a field that can increase the damage and effectiveness of one element while decreasing another.

Elements such as Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Metal, Wood, Light, and Dark.

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
To Lotus: What would happen if you your field were to cross my field? (I mean the field Caster can use that weakens the body and makes it seem heavier, it's strong enough to effect Berserker.)

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Basically our fields would either cancel each other out, or their effects will combine with eachother.
And another thing I wanted to learn was the ability to destroy bounded fields.

Ace
June 3rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
I'd like to sign up for this, still not sure if I should go OC or Canon....

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 09:36 PM
Actually that just reminded me of another important point. What would Rule Breaker do in this RP? Would it affect a Servant and force them to make a contract or would it do a different effect?

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
It's more of a spell that creates a field that can increase the damage and effectiveness of one element while decreasing another.

you would need multiple spells to do that

Elements such as Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Metal, Wood, Light, and Dark.

none of these elements that can be increased by a basic spell. you could craft a spell that makes fire burn hotter or makes water colder but changing their properties or quantities would require different spells.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
Hmmmm.

Only lasers have been OKed. ;A;

Looks like I'll just have to learn Elemental Spells as well then.
If that's allowed, of course.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 09:46 PM
If I was just standing still maybe, but since he's a Servant, Kojiro pretty much outclasses Ryougi in every way.

UBW. Shirou. Gil. What's this about Servants massively outclassing humans?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:47 PM
UBW. Shirou. Gil. What's this about Servants massively outclassing humans?

Shirou had an ability that allowed him to beat Gil.
He would have normally been slaughter by Gil.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 09:49 PM
Shirou had an ability that allowed him to beat Gil.
He would have normally been slaughter by Gil.

No, he beat Gil in straight up sword combat with the swordrain in the background. A normal, reasonably fit magi without any particular sword skills beat Gil, who had STR B and AGI C.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:52 PM
No, he beat Gil in straight up sword combat with the swordrain in the background. A normal, reasonably fit magi without any particular sword skills beat Gil, who had STR B and AGI C.

Yet in any other route he would have gotten creamed by him.
Plot Armor saved him and so did UBW.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
Yet in any other route he would have gotten creamed by him.
Plot Armor saved him and so did UBW.

Maybe it's plot armor, but it doesn't make it any less true that physical stats of Gil's level aren't enough to beat a 17 year old in combat, one that isn't skilled enough with weapons that we can chalk it up to that. Goofy canon is still canon.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
Really.
Gil can probably hold his own against Saber in a sword fight, yet lose to Shirou....
DAMMIT NASU!

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
I'd like to sign up for this, still not sure if I should go OC or Canon....

noted

Actually that just reminded me of another important point. What would Rule Breaker do in this RP?

breaks magic bindings and spells IE: if you stuck say lotus with it while he was casting or after while the spell was in effect it would cancel it, it also reverts any contacts to caster. this means that it functions the same way it does in FSN so you can nab a servant if they make a contract to empower themselves. of course there is a chance it can fail so don't go depending on it all the time.

Basically our fields would either cancel each other out, or their effects will combine with eachother.

no due to sheer power caster's would crush your field completely

If that's allowed, of course.

don't expect ridiculous effects from you're training.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
;_;

hero
June 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
In a sword fight... Maybe.

But in a physical fight...

"King Arthur, that's why your country destroyed you-!"

"Yes, that's right... But, King of Heroes, THAT'S WHY YOU DESTROYED YOUR COUNTRY-!"

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
How fast do we learn things?

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:03 PM

I second this question also, but for the canons.

Satehi
June 3rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Maybe it's plot armor, but it doesn't make it any less true that physical stats of Gil's level aren't enough to beat a 17 year old in combat, one that isn't skilled enough with weapons that we can chalk it up to that. Goofy canon is still canon.

IIRC, they were just bashing swords, and Shirou was on reinforcement.

lantzblades

Teacher + time spent for the most part and a variable of chance

I second this question also, but for the canons.

Canons need to learn things? XD

seriously though it's the same for either canon or OC

Lotus Saint
I feel like by the time I learn basic spells everyone else will be throwing RMs at eachother...

Ace
June 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Okay, I think I'm going to go for Shirou, do I get to choose between the Shirous?

Milbunk
Well this is merely a guess, but I'm pretty sure Caster would make for an excellent magic teacher. Of course she wouldn't be much help if you're trying to learn modern magecraft.

SeiKeo
IIRC, they were just bashing swords, and Shirou was on reinforcement.

So? A reinforced human is about at Ryougi's level, and that seems to be equal to B STR. My point is just that Servant's aren't as far above humans as we assume.

Canons need to learn things? XD

seriously though it's the same for either canon or OC

Oh, I'm going to need to learn plenty. How to fight in armor, just plain old getting better with my usual weapons, and learning to use backup weapons, at least.

Spooky
June 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
yes, there is and yes being Archerko is fine i'll not it momentarily on the list.

Woohoo~

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Well this is merely a guess, but I'm pretty sure Caster would make for an excellent magic teacher. Of course she wouldn't be much help if you're trying to learn modern magecraft.

Caster knows buffs!
AND LASERS!
That's all I need from her!

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
I feel like by the time I learn basic spells everyone else will be throwing RMs at eachother...

that's a rather heavy exaggeration lotus

Okay, I think I'm going to go for Shirou, do I get to choose between the Shirous?

no. it's fate shirou to avoid overlap with Archer an such.

this is a very good example of what i mean lotus it depends on what you're trying to learn.

Oh, I'm going to need to learn plenty. How to fight in armor, just plain old getting better with my usual weapons, and learning to use backup weapons, at least.

those are pretty mundane goals so they'll be decently easy to achieve

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Note to self.
Find Caster. ASAP.
1. Learn lasers
2. Learn to fly
3. Learn HSDV

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
those are pretty mundane goals so they'll be decently easy to achieve

Oh yeah, I also need to figure out how to get Void-chan to come out when I need her /actuallypartlysrs

Satehi
June 3rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
So? A reinforced human is about at Ryougi's level, and that seems to be equal to B STR. My point is just that Servant's aren't as far above humans as we assume.

No, it's at best, C, which is Archer after training a lifetime with reinforcement.

Plus theres that whole 3rd Royugi = defensive fight.

Ace
June 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
no. it's fate shirou to avoid overlap with Archer an such.

Okay, that's fine with me. Can I get a basic overview of his powers? Like what he can, and can't trace.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
No, it's at best, C, which is Archer after training a lifetime with reinforcement.

Okay, I think I used equal wrongly there. I meant it's good enough to counter B STR, not that it is B STR.

Plus theres that whole 3rd Royugi = defensive fight.

And then there was Nasu telling us that Ryougi is the second most powerful character he's written, right under Arc.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
Who ever said that Nasu doesn't make up stuff on the spot?

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM

Except they canonically are leagues above normal humans, Void!Shiki isn't even Servant level. (Unless we count lol extra)

Shirou's strength had little to do with his victory in UBW, he won simply because

1.) Gil is an idiot who feels the need to prove imitations are weaker.
2.) UBW is faster than GoB.
3.)The projected noble phantasms were close enough in strength to the original that since they were just being bashed together, both were destroyed.
4.) For some odd reason Gil felt the need to pull out Ea when Shirou was standing right in front of him.

For Shirou vs Gil it was a matter of luck/compatibility.

And then there was Nasu telling us that Ryougi is the second most powerful character he's written, right under Arc.

He excluded Servants from that list due to their "reality-warping abilities"

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Airen's right.
UBW was Shirou's key to beating Gil.
UBW alongside Gil's ENORMOUS ego allowed him to win.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:23 PM
Except they canonically are leagues above normal humans, Void!Shiki isn't even Servant level. (Unless we count lol extra)

Except in canon, we see that they aren't that far ahead.

Shirou's strength had little to do with his victory in UBW, he won simply because

1.) Gil is an idiot who feels the need to prove imitations are weaker.
2.) UBW is faster than GoB.
3.)The projected noble phantasms were close enough in strength to the original that since they were just being bashed together, both were destroyed.
4.) For some odd reason Gil felt the need to pull out Ea when Shirou was standing right in front of him.

And that ignores the fact that Shirou was engaging Gil hand to hand, and Gil wasn't overwhelming him like he should have been if Servants were that much stronger. Look, I'm not saying that UBW doesn't matter, just that Servants' physical abilities aren't that far ahead high level humans.

He excluded Servants from that list due to their "reality-warping abilities"

Hah. If he's ignoring reality warping abilities, his entire top three is invalid. Plus even if you say that, you still leave Ryougi above Demon Lords, and as I understand it they're pretty nuts.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:26 PM
E rank is about 10x stronger than the average human.
And Shirou is average without reinforcement.

lantzblades
Oh yeah, I also need to figure out how to get Void-chan to come out

short answer: you can't

long answer: she is a near death possibility she destroys her wounds then attacks full force to finish off the attacker

Okay, that's fine with me. Can I get a basic overview of his powers? Like what he can, and can't trace.

as I recall he did see the gate of Babylon so it's the same as ubw shirou he simply can't use his RM yet

Milbunk
To Lotus: You do realize that learning to fly as well as Caster, and the Divine Language would be very hard to learn.

A Question: If Caster could find a magus who specialized in summoning, would she be able to have him summon her Dragon using the Golden Fleece?

Ace
June 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
Can Shirou trace Caliburn and Avalon still?

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
E rank is about 10x stronger than the average human.
And Shirou is average without reinforcement.

Obviously not, because reinforcement doesn't grant that much of a boost and Shirou wasn't getting his arms broken when he blocked Gil's blows.

short answer: you can't

long answer: she is a near death possibility she destroys her wounds then attacks full force to finish off the attacker

So, she auto-activates on near-death?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
To Lotus: You do realize that learning to fly as well as Caster, and the Divine Language would be very hard to learn.

That they may, but with flying and HSDW I would have the advantage in most battles.

Obviously not, because reinforcement doesn't grant that much of a boost and Shirou wasn't getting his arms broken when he blocked Gil's blows.

I like to picture Gil as too shocked to fight properly.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
A Question: If Caster could find a magus who specialized in summoning, would she be able to have him summon her Dragon using the Golden Fleece?

she could do it herself if she knew the chant a human wouldn't help apart from giving her the words

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 10:29 PM
Interesting, that could be something that Caster could aim to learn in order to get stronger.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
I like to picture Gil as too shocked to fight properly.

He was shocked enough that he forgot how to swing a sword as hard as he can?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
He was shocked enough that he forgot how to swing a sword as hard as he can?

Let's see how you react when your priceless swords are being shattered by fakes.

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
To Lotus: Even if you wanted to, you would still need to have Caster willing to teach you.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
So, she auto-activates on near-death?

yes and then you rip around using void to wreck up the place

That they may, but with flying and HSDW I would have the advantage in most battles.

60 checks a piece and with flying you need to learn three spells prior so it's more around 100 for that.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
Except in canon, we see that they aren't that far ahead.

But they quite clearly are, for instance, no normal human is going to be able to pull off Tsubame Gaeshi. Or block attacks from HERCULES. Servant's are the absolute peak of humanity, don't underestimate them.

And that ignores the fact that Shirou was engaging Gil hand to hand, and Gil wasn't overwhelming him like he should have been if Servants were that much stronger. Look, I'm not saying that UBW doesn't matter, just that Servants' physical abilities aren't that far ahead high level humans.

Both Shirou and Gil are 'owners.' Most servants are wielders. Gil get's by on Ea and all of his Noble Phantasms, not through his actual skill, which the other servants use. Archer is a better swordsman than Gil, and most of the other servants put Archer's skill to shame, especially Assassin, who relies purely on skill. So due to UBW being faster, Shirou could overwhelm Gil with Archer's skill.

Hah. If he's ignoring reality warping abilities, his entire top three is invalid. Plus even if you say that, you still leave Ryougi above Demon Lords, and as I understand it they're pretty nuts.

I'm not saying that Ryougi Shiki isn't strong, she's just not Servant Level.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:33 PM
Let's see how you react when your priceless swords are being shattered by fakes.

Before that. If the scale did really work like that, the first blow should have sent Shirou's sword flying out of his hand.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
To Lotus: Even if you wanted to, you would still need to have Caster willing to teach you.

*opens a crate full of Souichirou porn*

60 checks a piece and with flying you need to learn three spells prior so it's more around 100 for that.

Wait, WHAT?!

Ace
June 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Can Shirou trace Caliburn and Avalon still?

Has my question been ignored? It's cool if Avalon is too HAX.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Before that. If the scale did really work like that, the first blow should have sent Shirou's sword flying out of his hand.

Since both their swords were breaking this wouldn't be the case. And I think the swords were breaking because they weren't being utilized as NP's so the difference in their power was negligible.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:38 PM
But they quite clearly are, for instance, no normal human is going to be able to pull off Tsubame Gaeshi. Or block attacks from HERCULES. Servant's are the absolute peak of humanity, don't underestimate them.

Uh, a normal human did pull off Tsubame Gaeshi. And Hercules wasn't really human.

Both Shirou and Gil are 'owners.' Most servants are wielders. Gil get's by on Ea and all of his Noble Phantasms, not through his actual skill, which the other servants use. Archer is a better swordsman than Gil, and most of the other servants put Archer's skill to shame, especially Assassin, who relies purely on skill.

Yes, and I'm telling you that if Servants are that far ahead, Gil's attacks should be breaking Shirou's wrists, which isn't happening.

I'm not saying that Ryougi Shiki isn't strong, she's just not Servant Level.

And Shirou is Servant level at his best (physical abilities only, I'm talking about), and I see no reason for his best to be that much better than Ryougi's.

Since both their swords were breaking this wouldn't be the case.

Even if the sword breaks, a good bit of the force of the blow is still going to transfer to your hand.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 10:41 PM
Airen, Leopard we'll get into that if it comes about for now drop it.

Has my question been ignored?

no i missed it. to answer the question yes he can trace those

Wait, WHAT?!

you thought becoming that strong was going to be easy?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:42 PM

Not that.
Checks?

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:42 PM

And the troll becomes the trolled.

EDIT: Dice rolls, Lotus.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
So dicerolls that somehow decide whether or not I learn magic?
Looks like my natural 20 spree will go on for a bit longer.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Checks?

that's what a dice roll is called lotus

Edit: i'm the one rolling lotus better hope i'm lucky...

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
So 60 checks for 1 spell?
Dear god.

i'm the one rolling lotus better hope i'm lucky...
I tend to get high numbers when others roll as well.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 10:45 PM
Uh, a normal human did pull off Tsubame Gaeshi. And Hercules wasn't really human.

Perhaps I phrased my previous statement wrong, no MODERN normal human would be able to pull of Tsubame Gaeshi. (And Assassin wasn't entirely normal himself due to his training-obsessed mindset.)

Yes, and I'm telling you that if Servants are that far ahead, Gil's attacks should be breaking Shirou's wrists, which isn't happening.

Gil was swinging wildly to keep up with UBW's faster output, his full strength probably wasn't behind the attacks.

And Shirou is Servant level at his best (physical abilities only, I'm talking about), and I see no reason for his best to be that much better than Ryougi's.

His best would be better because his Servant-Level power came from-

A.) Making a contract with the world.
B.) Using the arm of a future self who made a contract with the world.

(No he was not Servant level in UBW)

His body would just be better than Ryougi's due to having a modified body from his contract.

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
Well you are learning how to shoot an extremely strong laser, at a speed faster then a normal magus could even hope to defend themselves.

SeiKeo
Dear god.

Let's see, you have a... 0.046069799% chance of learning that one spell without at least one critical failure. Good luck.

His best would be better because his Servant-Level power came from-

A.) Making a contract with the world.
B.) Using the arm of a future self who made a contract with the world.

(No he was not Servant level in UBW)

His body would just be better than Ryougi's due to having a modified body from his contract.

Oh, my bad. I meant his best at the time, not his theoretical maximum. And per Lantz's request, I'm stopping.

lantzblades
Dear god.

divine words are 1 a different language and 2 spoken at such a speed that you could dislocate your jaw

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:49 PM
I know but, christ.

So how will the checks work for this?
Something that adds up to 60, or 60 individual rolls?

Airen
Oh, my bad. I meant his best at the time, not his theoretical maximum. And per Lantz's request, I'm stopping.

Alright, I'll stop as well. *extends hand* Truce?

SeiKeo
^^ Usually, it's 60 different rolls.

^ Truce accepted.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
60 different rolls.
Lantz you better click at 10 clicks per second.

Erlkonig
June 3rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
60 Checks

Dude, I don't know a lot 'bout D&D rolling, but I'm very sure 60 checks is an exaggeration- even for sorcery. 20 Hit dice is already divine-level life poins. 60 checks for a single spell is ridiculous.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Dude, I don't know a lot 'bout rolling, but I'm very sure 60 checks is an exaggeration- even for sorcery.

If Lantz is serious, that's a crazy amount of rolls, yeah. It basically makes whatever you're trying to do impossible (0.046069799% success).

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
I bet he's trolling, Erl.

Of course, I am trying to learn Lasers, Flying, and HSDW...

Erlkonig
June 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
I don't think trolls are that common, Lotus.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
I don't think trolls are that common, Lotus.

I don't know.
I tend to see a lot of them from time to time.

And can Ado Edem somehow appear in this?

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
So how will the checks work for this?
Something that adds up to 60, or 60 individual rolls?

60 successful rolls (that is 15 or higher) critical successes do count for 3 successes and a perfect success counts for 9 though

60 different rolls.
Lantz you better click at 10 clicks per second.

clicks? I use real dice

Dude, I don't know a lot 'bout rolling, but I'm very sure 60 checks is an exaggeration- even for sorcery.

not for what he's learning it isn't

a critical fail does not set you back to zero by the way although it does hinder you.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
Real Dice.....
*cough*LARPER*cough*

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
clicks? I use real dice

Holy fracking god, that's going to be a huge pain in the ass.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
LARPER

oh wow i can't begin to explain how many things are wrong with that statement

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
I hate LARPERs.

I've seen some that use dice.
It was hard to look at.

But seriously, having real dice will be somewhat of a problem as Leo said.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
But seriously, having real dice will be somewhat of a problem as Leo said.

why?

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
Because that will take you a bloody long time and be a huge pain in the ass for you.

Ace
June 3rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
Okay, you can officially put me down for Shirou.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 11:09 PM
Because that will take you a bloody long time and be a huge pain in the ass for you.

*snerk* pain in the ass? this is light weight work compared to a typical campaign I run

Okay, you can officially put me down for Shirou.

done.

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 11:09 PM
How much knowledge about FSN will Caster have?

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:10 PM
*snerk* pain in the ass? this is light weight work compared to a typical campaign I run

Well, more power to you if you want to roll the corners off your dice :p

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 11:12 PM

up to the point where she'd died in fate

Well, more power to you if you want to roll the corners off your dice

I have a lot of dice, plus this is the ultimate GM screen

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
So about that Ado Edem....

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 11:15 PM

So will Kojiro have memories of fate as well?

Ace
June 3rd, 2011, 11:15 PM
Since this is Fate!Shirou, I think it's gonna be more then a little awkward...

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 11:18 PM
Since this is Fate!Shirou, I think it's gonna be more then a little awkward...

How so?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 11:19 PM
3 Sabers.

Ans we need a Lancer.
Spear training and such.

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Well I hope Gilgamesh isn't in this RP then.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 11:20 PM
3 Sabers.

Ah yes, lol. That would be kinda awkward for Shirou. But it may lead to a possible Saber Harem so it's all cool.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 11:21 PM

*calls Erl*

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 11:24 PM
So will Kojiro have memories of fate as well?

yes he has memories up until his death as well

Ans we need a Lancer.
Spear training and such.

he's about

he is

Ah yes, lol. That would be kinda awkward for Shirou. But it may lead to a possible Saber Harem so it's all cool.

lets just say the awkward issue is mostly taken care of.

Erlkonig
June 3rd, 2011, 11:24 PM
oh wow i can't begin to explain how many things are wrong with that statement

Allow me.

-LARPers don't even use dice. It's rare for them to use so.
-Real dice are MAGNIFICENT, and they are used in actual tabletop. The rush you obtain when rolling die of any type, be it d12, d20, a mere d6, or the cursed and fabled d100, fills you with adrenaline.
-The ORIGINAL roleplayers are the ones who use REAL dice.

No for what he's learning, no

I've seen characters obtain better spells in less than half of those number of checks.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
he is

Oh man, if Gil didn't like Shirou destroying his swords, he's really gonna hate me.

the cursed and fabled d100

Fabled, eh? I own one.

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
Well then I imagine Caster is going to be very mad at him.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 11:26 PM
Oh man, if Gil didn't like Shirou destroying his swords, he's really gonna hate me.

^I can see this scene being hilarious. You should try to kill GoB itself, lock him away from his treasure.

Kojiro might be a bit mad at Gil as well... Just a bit.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 11:27 PM

INB4 Gil replys to caster with another sword spam.

Ace
So basically, the Canon characters we don't choose are still here, but 'dormant' until a character goes out to find them?

Erlkonig
Fabled, eh? I own one.

Kudos to you, then. But they are mostly cursed, at least with me. My d20s rarely score below 10, but I have yet to roll a natural 00.

SeiKeo
^I can see this scene being hilarious. You should try to kill GoB itself, lock him away from his treasure.

Oh man, if I can manage to kill his key-sword thing... Best thing ever.

Kudos to you, then. But they are mostly cursed, at least with me. My d20s rarely score below 10, but I have yet to roll a natural 00.

I rarely use it anyways. Something that's basically a golf ball doesn't usually stop in time for the edge of the table.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 11:28 PM
Oh man, if I can manage to kill his key-sword thing... Best thing ever.

Indeed.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 11:29 PM
I don't think cutting the lines of Gil's sword will end well.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:29 PM
I don't think cutting the lines of Gil's sword will end well.

For him.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
For him.

Agreed.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
Or you.

IIRC wan't there talk of Shiki cutting the lines of Shirou's NPs?

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
Or you.

IIRC wan't there talk of Shiki cutting the lines of Shirou's NPs?

Nasu says he can do it.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 11:32 PM
Nasu says he can do it.

Nasu says a lot of things.

Nasu said that Ryougi is the second strongest character he's made after Arc.
So by his words, Ryougi is stronger than Ado Edem.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:33 PM
Nasu says a lot of things.

We don't have a reason to think that he can't though.

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 11:33 PM
Or you.

I'll back Ryougi up, after all Gilgamesh doesn't wear a helmet... And Kojiro specializes in headshot techniques...

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:34 PM
I'll back Ryougi up, after all Gilgamesh doesn't wear a helmet...

Assassin-sensei, would you mind teaching me your magnificent swallow-killing move?

RacingeR

You called?

*Actually isn't going to enter the RP, just trollin*

Airen
We don't have a reason to think that he can't though.

^This. Though there may be a limit as to how MANY he can kill. Ryougi shouldn't have that limit though.

Assassin-sensei, would you mind teaching me your magnificent swallow-killing move?

...If you have the will to learn I shall be happy to teach you.

Ace
I'm sorry but Shirou gets dibs on Gil. Or do the Sabers...?

Lotus Saint
Dammit, I can't have you kill Gil before I learn how to grapple!

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:35 PM
^This. Though there may be a limit as to how MANY he can kill. Ryougi shouldn't have that limit though.

Yeah, Ryougi doesn't have the overflow problem that Tohno does.

I'm sorry but Shirou gets dibs on Gil. Or do the Sabers...?

First to see him gets dibs. Race ya.

lantzblades
June 3rd, 2011, 11:37 PM
I've seen characters obtain better spells in less than half of those number of checks.

yes when they are at least adventurers with one level in a magic using class. Lotus however is the equal of a townsperson. thus 100 total checks for flight or 60 for divine words is generous.

So basically, the Canon characters we don't choose are still here, but 'dormant' until a character goes out to find them?

the definition of FIND is somewhat liberal but in short yes.

Nasu says he can do it.

I say she can do it

RacingeR
June 3rd, 2011, 11:38 PM
Inb4 Gil gets a harem of the three sabers and Ryougi.

SeiKeo
Inb4 Gil gets a harem of the three sabers and Ryougi.

HELL NO, NOT ON MY WATCH

Ace
First to see him gets dibs. Race ya.

You're on.

Queen of Death, do you have enough speed?

HELL NO, NOT ON MY WATCH

Gil has to have the original everything, including the original Shiki.

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 11:39 PM
Al least wait till I can learn Grappling from Gil. And steal Enkidu while he isn't looking.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:40 PM
You're on.

Queen of Death, do you have enough speed?

Mach 1, at the least. Admittedly, you're probably faster than that, but will you find him first?

Lotus Saint
Mach 1, at the least. Admittedly, you're probably faster than that, but will you find him first?

Mach 1?
Not very impressive...

SeiKeo
Mach 1?
Not very impressive...

Good enough.

RacingeR
June 3rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
He has the Original Mach.

Your mind can't even fathom the meaning of that.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:42 PM

The Original Speed of Sound? There is no such thing (because there is not such thing as 'the speed of sound').

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 11:42 PM

*attempting to fathom meaning*

So he doesn't move at all... Real impressive.

RacingeR
June 3rd, 2011, 11:43 PM
That's why i said your mind can't fathom it :V.

Lotus Saint
Good enough.

I think being a Touhou fan has made any speed below Mach 70 seem very slow....

Ace

inb4 Lotus finds him first to troll us

RacingeR
June 3rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
And i am tempted to join as Gil just to troll everyone.

No need to contain myself in this RP, true? :V.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
I think being a Touhou fan has made any speed below Mach 70 seem very slow....

The heck with Touhou.

@ Ace: Fine by me, really. I don't nessessarily need to kill Gil, though it'd be sweet.

Spooky
June 3rd, 2011, 11:45 PM

In that case, how much knowledge would Archerko have?

Lotus Saint
June 3rd, 2011, 11:45 PM
inb4 Lotus finds him first to troll us

What could I do?

Airen
June 3rd, 2011, 11:46 PM
The heck with Touhou.

@ Ace: Fine by me, really. I don't nessessarily need to kill Gil, though it'd be sweet.

We can kill Gil AFTER I teach you Tsubame Gaeshi... And then make a better longer range version of it for myself

Ace
June 3rd, 2011, 11:47 PM
What could I do?

If Airen is gonna teach Leo how to use Tsubame Gaeshi then I must make Lotus even more GAR.

SeiKeo
June 3rd, 2011, 11:48 PM
We can kill Gil AFTER I teach you Tsubame Gaeshi...

Want Ryougi!TsubameGaeshi so badly right now. And if you want a longer version, get a longer sword (not like your's isn't long enough already though).

Erlkonig
June 3rd, 2011, 11:48 PM
yes when they are at least adventurers with one level in a magic using class. Lotus however is the equal of a townsperson. thus 100 total checks for flight or 60 for divine words is generous.

townsperson

learning sorcery, one of the greatest magic accomplishments from the Age of Gods

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Milbunk
June 3rd, 2011, 11:49 PM
Would it be possible for Caster to learn HSDW Tsubame Gaeshi?