PDA

View Full Version : Do you want a GO subforum?

Seika
August 31st, 2015, 06:39 PM
A positive vote doesn't guarantee anything: this is not a defining, admin-endorsed vote. But it will obviously help push the case as it continues to be examined.

Strife ❤️
August 31st, 2015, 06:45 PM
Trying to relegate us to some kind of ghetto? You will not succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Freedom for Grand Order!

Christemo
Its not necessary.

Polly
Why is there no 'banish all GO players off to another forum' option?

SeiKeo
August 31st, 2015, 06:47 PM
Don't validate it.

- - - Updated - - -

We appreciate a few of them.

Christemo
August 31st, 2015, 06:49 PM

why is there no "banish people who only post in 7th to another forum" option

Leftovers
August 31st, 2015, 06:49 PM
Would it change anything given BL's longstanding tendency for megathreads?

Strife ❤️
August 31st, 2015, 06:50 PM
We appreciate a few of them.

Thanks, Leo. You're a good friend.

Polly
August 31st, 2015, 06:51 PM
why is there no "banish people who only post in 7th to another forum" option

I dunno, but you're absolutely right.

SeiKeo
August 31st, 2015, 06:51 PM
Would it change anything given BL's longstanding tendency for megathreads?
You can take the threads out of the forum but you can't take the people out of the threads.

Lace
August 31st, 2015, 10:27 PM

#notallGO

mAc Chaos
September 1st, 2015, 04:33 AM
giving it a subforum isnt going to save the activity stream

Marmadillo
September 1st, 2015, 05:40 AM
Give it some time. People will eventually run out of money.

Spinach
September 1st, 2015, 05:53 AM
giving it a subforum isnt going to save the activity stream

This. Nothing changes at all.

Seika
September 1st, 2015, 10:49 AM
How's #notes? Overrun or not?

SeiKeo
September 1st, 2015, 10:55 AM
I think that most of the GO people don't even know about #notes but I could be wrong, I use skype.
It's a funny thing, that the problem you propose is already solved save lack of communication.

Kotonoha
September 1st, 2015, 10:59 AM
If you don't want to read posts about the newest Type-Moon release maybe you should not be on a Type-Moon forum.

Spinach
September 1st, 2015, 11:03 AM

Overrun isn't the word, but yes people there play the game and it's a frequently recurring topic.

Kelnish
September 1st, 2015, 11:05 AM
If you don't want to read posts about the newest Type-Moon release maybe you should not be on a Type-Moon forum.
But I'm exclusively a DDD fan and this isn't what I asked for at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we could do without the straw.
Strawmen are men too.

Kotonoha
September 1st, 2015, 11:06 AM
Maybe we could do without the straw.
I am trying very very hard to find a way to interpret the anti-GO-post backlash other than "I am not interested in this topic personally". I am failing.

Kotonoha
September 1st, 2015, 11:10 AM
I am uninterested in roleplay threads. They are off-topic and clutter up the activity stream. Why do they not roleplay in IRC instead?

Kelnish
September 1st, 2015, 11:11 AM
I am uninterested in roleplay threads. They are off-topic and clutter up the activity stream. Why do they not roleplay in IRC instead?
This but unironically.

Daiki
September 1st, 2015, 11:12 AM

Because Kyte would kill someone.

Kotonoha
September 1st, 2015, 11:16 AM
This but unironically.
I'm not even being ironic lol.

Except the activity stream part because it's already bad. If you go there you will see all of Break and LvL's VM conversations about little girls.

Kelnish
September 1st, 2015, 11:17 AM
I'm not even being ironic lol.

mods????

Mattias
September 1st, 2015, 11:25 AM
Except the activity stream part because it's already bad. If you go there you will see all of Break and LvL's VM conversations about little girls.

But that's also anytime a new Ilya chapter goes up.

RacingeR
September 1st, 2015, 11:30 AM
The activity stream should exclude VMs.

Seika
September 1st, 2015, 11:42 AM
It really should, and I'm mystified as to why the 'Forum' filter keeps them in. One would imagine they'd be categorised separately.

Kotonoha
September 1st, 2015, 11:49 AM
The long and short of it is that I have an interest in reading what my friends Strife and Christemo got in their last rolls (and even that in moderation) but I cannot say the same about dozens of new people that I haven't even seen outside of the FGO threads.

Also if you can't stand Break, Lvl, or whoever else, the ignore list is there for a reason and you'll see it cleaning your activity steam and then everyone wins.
It's almost like these two things could be connected in some way......

Also I don't really know who the new people are that you're talking about other than like, that Enkidu Trap guy. New things always bring new people who are primarily interested in the thing, it was the same with CCC and Apocrypha. It's a public forum, not a secret club for members only.

SeiKeo
September 1st, 2015, 11:49 AM
I'm not even going to touch your crusade against the RP forum, entertaining though that it might be.

I'll just note that I've already stated that the problem is not the topic, but the low quality and sizeable quantity of the posts. Add to it that the existing community has problems meshing with the people who came specifically for an untranslated mobage, which leaves some questions standing about their general commitment and interest for TM as a whole.
well they knew enough to pass the membership test

Kelnish
September 1st, 2015, 11:54 AM
well they knew enough to pass the membership test
There isn't a memebership test you're making that up.

Kotonoha
September 1st, 2015, 11:55 AM
Oh god I didn't even see the thing about "commitment to TM". This is why everyone outside of this forum thinks we're all super elitist.

Daiki
September 1st, 2015, 11:59 AM
This is why everyone outside of this forum thinks we're all super elitist.

We aren't?

Kotonoha
September 1st, 2015, 12:01 PM
We aren't?
I'm the 1%.

Vagrant
September 1st, 2015, 12:06 PM
I don't care either way literally but Vote or Die so I had to make a judgment call.

Daiki
September 1st, 2015, 12:12 PM
You know, besides insanity containment for some, I don't see a real justification to add a subforum that will cease to be relevant when the game has run its course.

And don't tell me you would remove the subforum afterwards. We all know how it ended up last time it happened.

Leftovers
September 1st, 2015, 12:14 PM
Not sure what the actual points currently being made are, but unless threads of the "r8 my team" or "new farming method for X!1!1!!" kind start popping up in AMGD, a dedicated subforum for like 5 threads is useless. And as much as I tune out GO talk (which is like 95% of current #notes, seriously people go there if you want a gatcha chatroom) it's ultimately discussion of a T-M product lol, you can't treat it as something to be quarantined.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if we get a GO subforum and not Actual Polls I'll just kill myself shake my head in disappointment.

Five_X
September 1st, 2015, 01:12 PM
Not even #regalia is safe.

GO doesn't need its own subforum; it needs its own, entirely separate forum. Something perhaps lacking in shades of purple.

Kotonoha
September 1st, 2015, 01:17 PM
Not even #regalia is safe.

GO doesn't need its own subforum; it needs its own, entirely separate forum. Something perhaps lacking in shades of purple.
Make a Regalia forum.

Spinach
September 1st, 2015, 01:23 PM
Why do you keep bringing up RP I don't get it

- - - Updated - - -

How is it comparable?

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind I actually don't have a problem with GO I just think these pokes at RP are baffling.

Kotonoha
September 1st, 2015, 01:32 PM
Why do you keep bringing up RP I don't get it

- - - Updated - - -

How is it comparable?

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind I actually don't have a problem with GO I just think these pokes at RP are baffling.
Because it is a worse thing that everyone nonetheless accepts and also Bridge gets really mad when I do it.

Spinach
September 1st, 2015, 01:38 PM
Nice but this isn't about acceptance in terms of "does it belong here" based on its quality because nobody is arguing GO doesn't belong here, it's just people who use activity stream religiously upset over how GO takes over the activity stream (even though activity stream sucks stop using it) and Bridge calling out the GO thread for being full of shitposts that are vaguely on topic enough to get a pass.

Which giving it its own subforum will fix neither problem.

I3uster
September 1st, 2015, 01:39 PM
Man I wish the RP forum had a frequency that's in any way comparable to the GO threads.

- - - Updated - - -

as for the people still using the activity stream despite it spoiling everything in every thread at once

do you know what "new posts" at the top left does

Kelnish
September 1st, 2015, 01:42 PM
Man I wish the RP forum had a frequency that's in any way comparable to the GO threads.

- - - Updated - - -

as for the people still using the activity stream despite it spoiling everything in every thread at once

do you know what "new posts" at the top left does

Yeah but with activity stream i can see if people are posting or shitposting at a glance without opening the thread buster-kun. Baka.

I3uster
September 1st, 2015, 01:44 PM
I mean I use it too but this problem is instantly taken care of as is weird bracket writing if people would just use that instead of demanding people to either double spoiler tag things for no reason or establish mobage ghettos.

Basically there's a solution already in place.

I3uster
September 1st, 2015, 01:56 PM
youre not even in RPs

Five_X
September 1st, 2015, 04:00 PM
Yeah that's pretty funny actually.

Maybe you should be in RPs.

Kirby
September 1st, 2015, 04:02 PM
rip tuitio

SeiKeo
September 1st, 2015, 04:07 PM
Maybe you should be in RPs.
Damn, maybe if only he learned how to RP probably they'd be smooth sailing ​for him

RacingeR
September 1st, 2015, 04:08 PM
Actually, I'm changing my vote. It did seem like GO needed its own subforum when a bunch of threads were created, but later that stopped, and if it is to house less than 5 active threads or so, then it is just superfluous.

Kotonoha
September 1st, 2015, 04:31 PM
XD
:3

Strife ❤️
September 1st, 2015, 04:37 PM

#notes more like #grandorder

Kirby
September 1st, 2015, 04:39 PM
ha ha

haaa....

SeiKeo
September 1st, 2015, 04:42 PM
save me

Kirby
September 1st, 2015, 04:44 PM
though in general i think regalia has less go talk than notes? from the looks of it. i think it's because some people have come on to notes just to talk about go

I3uster
September 1st, 2015, 04:44 PM
its either that or its dead

- - - Updated - - -

notes i mean not regalia

there were talks about evacuating GO talk from regalia

Five_X
September 1st, 2015, 05:58 PM
Damn, maybe if only he learned how to RP probably they'd be smooth sailing ​for him

Well put.

Cruor
September 1st, 2015, 06:18 PM
GO doesn't need a subforum it needs a wiki.

hinode
September 1st, 2015, 06:42 PM
Question: Would this proposed GO subforum be omitted from the activity stream somehow? If not, I suspect that a dedicated subforum would only encourage even more GO posts, and thus dominate the stream even further than it is right now.

Trubo
September 8th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Because Kyte would kill someone.

The best part of this post is how it also applies to F/GO.

mewarmo990
September 12th, 2015, 06:45 PM
I think the individual threads are fine.

Although I really didn't see why it was necessary to sticky Kyte's post. Should we also sticky every single resource out there?

I guess when you look at that then you might start asking this question.