PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Waifu: I hope sempai notices my operating skills!

Jemnite
September 24th, 2015, 07:51 PM
http://safebooru.org//images/83/dae1be07bb70269740b3c748a63bf921d53017ef.jpg?82648

Highschool! It's the springtime of youth! Full of cute girls, trendy clothing, and FIM-92 Stingers!

You are students at FORT BRAGG HIGHSCHOOL, where you spend your days starting out the classroom window, practicing your marksmanship on the range, doing exercises on how to conduct 12 point infiltrations, writing each other secret letters in class, and conducting breech and clear operations on the CQC field. Your lives are full of fun, adventure, operating, and of course, the most important part of any high school girl's life....

Romance!

That's right, you're all in love with the class sweetheart of the class, your beloved Sempai! (He's so dreamy!) Sometimes this causes conflict between your close knit group of friends, but most of the time you all are more caught up worried about defending Sempai from other people, because he can get in a lot of trouble sometimes!

Not only are you after sempai, but others are too! From terrorists, to crime syndicates, and even to other spec op groups, Sempai is a valuable commodity and is under threat all the time. Sometimes you all wish that he wasn't the son of the president of the United States, the foremost special operative of the CIA SAD SOG, an investigative journalist who has exposed some of the most major human rights abuses in history, and the richest man in the world at the same time, but you can't choose your love, and you can't choose your sempais.

Character Creation

Just like any RP, for your character creation, you have to have a name, faceclaim, and bio. Your operator can come from tier one and tier two spec ops groups, excluding the US Rangers. You're recommended to adopt a standard harem anime archetype like tsundere, kuudere, dojikko or yamato nadeshiko. Your stats are measured by the MOE METER.

The MOE METER is a scale from 1 to 6. You pick a number on the moe meter as a Moe Number. If you want to be Moe and Waifu, roll a 1d6. If you roll above your Moe Number, you succeed. If you want to Operate and be Tactical roll below your Moe Number. You get dice based on the situation, if you're suppressing the enemy, you get an extra dice. If you've got an extra TACTICOOL weapon, you get a dice. If you're wearing your outfit which makes you look ultra cute, you get a dice. If your bio says your specialty is sniping, and it's sniping, you get a dice. If someone is helping you, you get a dice. And so on and so forth. The GM tells you how many dice you get to roll.

This game uses a degree of success system. If you have zero successes, you failed. Things get worse. If you have one success, you succeed, but there's always something else. If you get two successes, you succeeded. Yay! If you get three successes, you were KAWAII AS FUCK and get to ask the GM any question and get a real for certain answer about it.

Sempai Creation

Of course sempai isn't just a stock character! Then he wouldn't be your sempai. Pick two positive character traits that he is the absolute best at:

[ ] Charming
[ ] Well Dressed
[ ] Athletic
[ ] Cultured
[ ] Mysterious
[ ] Operator as Fuck

Well, sometimes sempai has little flaws. You can't help but forgive him for that. After all, how would you ever hold anything against Sempai?

[ ] Clumsy
[ ] Absent Minded
[ ] Pacifist
[ ] Oblivious or gay????

Players

Ideally 4-6 players. Just dump the sempai votes in the thread. Even if you don't submit a character sheet, feel free to send in a sempai vote.

Credits

Tactical Waifu is a game made by Derek Chappell. It in turn is a hack of a game called Lasers and Feelings by John Harper. You can find Tactical Waifu up on DriveThroughRPG for free.

Rafflesiac
September 24th, 2015, 07:58 PM
[X] Charming
[X] Operator as Fuck

[X] Absent Minded

SeiKeo
Sorry.

Too straight.

Leftovers
(He's so dreamy!)

interest, gone

Tobias
September 24th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Random advice, you might have more luck if you gender flipped senpai. Just a thought

Jemnite
September 24th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Random advice, you might have more luck if you gender flipped senpai. Just a thought
But then I can't capture the true harem anime moe moe feel if I don't have a boneheaded anime protagonist who has every girl falling for him, but is somehow too much of an idiot to do anything about it!

Who will the anime watchers self insert into if there's no male Sempai?????

mangafreak7793
September 24th, 2015, 08:08 PM
[ ] Mysterious
[ ] Operator as Fuck

Absent Minded.

SeiKeo
September 24th, 2015, 08:13 PM
But then I can't capture the true harem anime moe moe feel if I don't have a boneheaded anime protagonist who has every girl falling for him, but is somehow too much of an idiot to do anything about it!

I mean, I post in jest, but I do legitimately shrug and decline despite my interest otherwise if the character has to be built around being a hopeless crusher.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they self insert into female sempai.

Erlkonig
September 24th, 2015, 08:23 PM
[X] Operator as Fuck
[X] Athletic

[X] Pacifist

[Vietnam flashbacks intensify]

Janx
September 24th, 2015, 08:32 PM
[X] Charming
[X] Operator as Fuck

[X]Gay, lol.

Leftovers
September 24th, 2015, 08:33 PM
bee tee dubs, have a more appropriate header

http://i.imgur.com/R32OzsE.jpg

EnigmaticFellow
September 24th, 2015, 08:49 PM
[X] Operator as Fuck
[X] Athletic

[X] Pacifist

The 'nam flashbacks will allow my waifu to ease the poor protagonist's soul. Also, when will the character sheets be due?

Jemnite
September 24th, 2015, 08:53 PM
[X] Operator as Fuck
[X] Athletic

[X] Pacifist

The 'nam flashbacks will allow my waifu to ease the poor protagonist's soul. Also, when will the character sheets be due?
Either when I get ten sheets or whenever someone pesters me into starting once I have enough players. Whichever one comes first.

Bobin
September 24th, 2015, 09:11 PM
[X] Athletic
[X] Operator as Fuck

[X] Gay(sempai will never notice you)

Kuroyuki
September 24th, 2015, 09:22 PM
[X] Operator as FUCK
[X] Athletic

[X] Pacifist

brb making Meryll/etc.

ILurkNoMoar
September 24th, 2015, 10:45 PM
[X] Charming
[X] Cultured
[X] Pacifist
[?] In loving, commited relationship with shank who's obviously not good enough for Sempai. WILL NOT CHEAT, his dedication to his principles is so dreamy~

Rafflesiac
September 24th, 2015, 11:25 PM
With a shank?

Beef, Pork, or Venison?

ILurkNoMoar
September 25th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Fish, like the smell between her legs.

Lace
September 25th, 2015, 01:17 AM

U could put in the option to chose whether Senpai is female or male and see for urself who the majority want

Janx
September 25th, 2015, 01:19 AM
U could put in the option to chose whether Senpai is female or male and see for urself who the majority want

It's BL. I think we know that answer.

arkturus
September 25th, 2015, 01:38 AM
[X] Operator as Fuck
[X] Athletic

[X] Pacifist
[X] Gay

All these cute girls tripping all over his dick to show off their martial prowess when he just came to this school to get with a hot guy.

EnigmaticFellow
September 25th, 2015, 02:16 AM
[X] Operator as Fuck
[X] Athletic

[X] Pacifist
[X] Gay

All these cute girls tripping all over his dick to show off their martial prowess when he just came to this school to get with a hot guy.

You're only allowed to pick one flaw.

Mormarth
September 25th, 2015, 03:11 AM
[X] Operator as Fuck
[X] Athletic

[X] Pacifist

I-I'm definitely not attracted to you because of your stoic professionalism and refusal to take lives even if it would be easier!

B-baka.

Thedoctor
September 25th, 2015, 04:44 AM

Admiral wins.

Strife ❤️
September 25th, 2015, 06:21 AM
I would join this but it wouldn't be a roleplay because I am a Tactical Waifu irl.

Snow
September 25th, 2015, 06:31 AM
[X] Charming
[X] Cultured

[X] Sempai is ghey

- - - Updated - - -

Do we write a character sheet and send it to the op? I've never done this before ;_;

Fel
September 25th, 2015, 06:57 AM
[x] Mysterious
[x] Operator as Fuck

[x] Gay

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, are we allowed to play a trap or a futa?

Jemnite
September 25th, 2015, 01:07 PM
[x] Mysterious
[x] Operator as Fuck

[x] Gay

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, are we allowed to play a trap or a futa?
Futas aren't real but I will allow feminine dicks.

arkturus
September 25th, 2015, 01:37 PM
What is this an ERP? I thought it was about being moe and shit.

The fight to be the lewdest begins.

Janx
September 25th, 2015, 01:45 PM
[X] Charming
[X] Cultured

[X] Sempai is ghey

- - - Updated - - -

Do we write a character sheet and send it to the op? I've never done this before ;_;

Yes, normally you make it a google doc.

arkturus
September 25th, 2015, 01:47 PM
[X] Charming
[X] Cultured

[X] Sempai is ghey

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, normally you make it a google doc.

It has to be double-spaced, in 12 point font, and at least 10 pages long!

Janx
September 25th, 2015, 01:54 PM
And make sure to find a cute picture!

Jemnite
September 25th, 2015, 03:34 PM
And make sure to find a cute picture!
This is mandatory. If you do not include a cute picture I will mercilessly bully you.

Kuroyuki
September 25th, 2015, 03:55 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_m4VvpRQCeM/hqdefault.jpg

Janx
September 25th, 2015, 03:59 PM
It's actually sorta hard to find tactical-looking girls for the more...lively anime stereotypes. They're all like serious, maybe-tsuns, kuudares, or dandares.

There's like 2 yans i've found, but I figure Erl's got that covered.

Kuroyuki
September 25th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Wait no one is going for the adorable rookie type with insane luck?

arkturus
September 25th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Kuu sniper here.

Janx
September 25th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Wait no one is going for the adorable rookie type with insane luck?

I meant pictures. I've only heard snippets of what people actually are.

And i'm just assuming Erl is yan.

EnigmaticFellow
September 25th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Bottle fairy SAD operative reporting for duty.

mangafreak7793
September 25th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Futas aren't real but I will allow feminine dicks.

What is that?

Snow
September 25th, 2015, 07:18 PM
I think I'll be a naughty Nun With GunTM

- - - Updated - - -

Stoic and on a mission from God to protect heavenly Sempai from infidels.

arkturus
September 25th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Prepare the holy hand grenade.

Janx
September 25th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Wouldn't using that require you to roll exactly 3?

palad1n
September 29th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Welp, I'm quite interested in this... Will send a sheet later (if it's still open). Anyway...

[X]Charming
[X]Operator as Fuck

[X]Pacifist

Janx
September 30th, 2015, 02:05 AM
I hope Sempai notices my sheet submission!

EnigmaticFellow
September 30th, 2015, 02:20 AM
I hope Sempai tells me the status of this RP.

Janx
September 30th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Last I heard he only had 3 sheets (at least 4 now). So we at least at min party size now.

Jemnite
September 30th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Last I heard he only had 3 sheets (at least 4 now). So we at least at min party size now.
Yuppers.

Sakuraba Haru
September 30th, 2015, 08:42 AM
How to make character sheets

EnigmaticFellow
September 30th, 2015, 09:20 AM
How to make character sheets

Go to DriveThroughRPG and download the rulebook. It will explain how you create a character.

arkturus
September 30th, 2015, 12:50 PM
This system isn't even that mechanically intensive. The only new information the pdf gives you is equipment.

Janx
September 30th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Would anyone be opposed to me taking "Leadership" as my specialty, and be the Onee-san?

Otherwise I'll go vehicles.

Kuroyuki
September 30th, 2015, 03:34 PM
I'm CQC expert so go ahead. Just don't give me a "I'm the leader I know better than you in your chosen field" rant.

Janx
September 30th, 2015, 03:45 PM
I meant it more for pep talk and 'we can do this' rather than bossing people around.

But i can always go vehicles.

arkturus
September 30th, 2015, 04:41 PM
A leader of vehicles.

Janx
September 30th, 2015, 07:38 PM
I hope sempai notices my M1 Abrams.

Kuroyuki
October 4th, 2015, 01:43 AM
Sempaiiiiiiiiiii

Jemnite
October 5th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Doot doot thread up everyone who sent me a character sheet is accepted.

If you didn't, don't worry, we can keep introducing new waifus mid season. The harem setup is:

INTERNATIONAL TASKFORCE 252

The quotas for the following nations are full: 'MURICA, Japan, UK

The following national special forces have no representatives: Germany, France, Australia, Poland, Canada.

You may submit BLACK HORSE WAIFUS from the following nations: ROSSIYA, CHINALAND

Yato
October 5th, 2015, 03:24 PM
what even is this?

arkturus
October 5th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Apparently Mangafreak thinks it's a quest thread.

(Hint: it's not)

Janx
October 5th, 2015, 07:54 PM
INTROS!

Mafuyu Kamiyama

http://i.imgur.com/83BiUDj.jpg

"We can do this everyone. We just have to work together!"

EnigmaticFellow
October 5th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Mary Leyland
http://i.imgur.com/jvel65r.png?1
"Whether on the table or in the field, you will find no better soldier than me."

arkturus
October 5th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Will find a Bgm eventually​

Yuki Kamiyama

http://i.imgur.com/QYcGdAq.png

"...Just focus on the mission. The field is no place for personal feelings."

Kuroyuki
October 5th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Hayase Yuuto

http://safebooru.org//images/1216/0ad3cad874f7613f4fdb7b88ee504937867f740f.jpg?12668 47

"Daring to hinder my operation with senpai. I won't forgive them!"

Jemnite
October 6th, 2015, 10:11 PM
I SEE ARKTURUS HAS OPENED UP WITH THE AAAAAAAAAAALL AMERICAN BURGER OPENING. ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 1000 AMERICAS THIS HAS SCORED CRYING BALD EAGLES ON THE AMERICA METER.

truly a difficult opening to beat

EnigmaticFellow
October 6th, 2015, 10:47 PM
I SEE ARKTURUS HAS OPENED UP WITH THE AAAAAAAAAAALL AMERICAN BURGER OPENING. ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 1000 AMERICAS THIS HAS SCORED CRYING BALD EAGLES ON THE AMERICA METER.

truly a difficult opening to beat

Is that so? I'll beat it via augmentation. Senpai won't be able to resist what comes next.

Janx
October 7th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Is that so? I'll beat it via augmentation. Senpai won't be able to resist what comes next.

I guess i can wait for you too.

EnigmaticFellow
October 7th, 2015, 01:19 AM
I guess i can wait for you too.

And posted. None of you can help Senpai drink his problems away.

Janx
October 7th, 2015, 02:47 AM
Are you trying to corrupt Senpai with alcohol?

arkturus
October 7th, 2015, 03:18 AM
We're all going to jail for underage drinking.

Janx
October 7th, 2015, 03:19 AM
Oh yeah. I'm sure we'll all get super drunk at some point and up doing something super embarassing infront of senpai. Don't take this to mean i'm going to counter Ms. Leyland all the time.

Bobin
October 8th, 2015, 02:57 PM
lightly but sharply smacking her in the boob

Shoulda made a joke about buffalo meat ;P

arkturus
October 8th, 2015, 03:31 PM
I can replace "titty monster" with "cow".

Janx
October 8th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Y-you're just jealous!

arkturus
October 8th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Eh? Why would I be jealous of a fat cow?

Jemnite
October 8th, 2015, 06:30 PM
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1392/49/1392494734601.jpg

Janx
October 8th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Wow. Boob shaming.

EnigmaticFellow
October 9th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Operative Leyland is pulling out her cards.

Jemnite
October 17th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Sorry, last week was rather busy.

Joseph is your designated PROTAGONIST'S BEST BRO. You can have him HELP YOU IN YOUR NEFARIOUS ENDEAVORS by convincing him that you are THE BEST GAL FOR SEMPAI. He can do things like RUN DISTRACTION OPS, or INVITE SEMPAI ON AN OUTING WITH YOU AS A THIRD, ONLY TO MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEAR ON THE DAY OF THE DATE.

Janx
October 17th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Is there a consolation prize for ending up with Joseph?

arkturus
October 17th, 2015, 07:52 PM
A scrubbing brush.