PDA

View Full Version : SAL reliability

ttestagr
June 9th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Basically, I've been using EMS for my purchases. However like most of you know I'm sure, it is expensive as hell.

So, how is SAL? How often do people lose their orders when using it. Specifically when using Hobbylink and Hobbysearch. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

mewarmo990
June 9th, 2011, 11:26 PM
There is registered and unregistered SAL. Registered gets tracking and limited insurance (should be enough if you don't spend too much). Slightly more reliable, but yes, SAL does take forever to get there, when it does get there.

Hobbysearch includes AmiAmi, right? I have never had any problems, personally.

Sobzob
June 10th, 2011, 03:36 AM
For the last one and a half year I've only been using AmiAmi, so I forgot other experiences. But either way:
EMS - Takes like 3 - 4 days. Sometimes 5. If an item ships on a Monday I'll have it on the Friday same week at least.
SAL Registered - Takes about 7 - 8 days. If I order on a Wednesday I usually have it on Wednesday the week after.
SAL Unregistered - Only used this once before because I ordered lots of manga and didn't want a killer shipping. I think it took around 3 weeks as SAL usually does. Oh and the box was a bit crushed: http://twitpic.com/2qcjwh But the contents were out of harms way thankfully.

I only use SAL registered in case I'm getting 1 item since it's quite unnecessary to pay the extra 1k yen then. But if I'm getting a bunch of stuff it's always EMS.

Ordered the Arcueid and Ren MELTY BLOOD extra figures from Mandarake with SAL unregistered last week. I hope it will be fine~

ttestagr
June 11th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Well, looking them over and it appears neither hobbylink or hobbysearch offer SAL registered. They make it quite clear that you aren't going to get tracking or insurance. Now I'm worried. I couldn't afford the more expensive option for my latest purchase from them though.

Kotonoha
June 11th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I use unregistered SAL from Amiami all the time (and usually use that option on other sites when it's available). I haven't had anything lost or damaged so far anyway.

RoadBuster
June 11th, 2011, 03:36 AM
^ Same. I've never had any problems with unregistered SAL from AmiAmi.

Bargadiel
June 11th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I've always just picked the cheapest option, and I buy alot of things online. So far no issues. :x

Strife212
July 15th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Never had anything lost via SAL and I've had quite a lot. It's just a lot slower.