PDA

View Full Version : The Children's Crusade (OOC/Discussion)

Mormarth
January 7th, 2016, 06:07 PM
The Children's Crusade
OR
Hunter: The Vigil does Buffy the Vampire Slayer

It was just another day at Midtown High, you went to classes, chatted with friends, same old, same old, right?

Wrong.

As you open your locker at the end of the day, you find a note slapped on the inside, in plain view.

You've seen something, haven't you? Something you shouldn't have, something the civilized 'enlightened world' tells you you didn't. Something wrong, unexplained, something that shouldn't exist in this world. But you can't just swallow the happy little lies the police, your friends and your parents told you.

No, you went looking for more.

I've seen you do it.

I can help.

Meet me in Room 1453.

The rest of the note left in your locker is filled with strange symbols and doodles, but there is no name.

Despite your misgivings, you do know what the writer is talking about. That terrible experience you had.

You still see it in your dreams at night. The horrors that make your nights drag on forever, that make you jump at every stray noise.

It could've happened ten years ago, it could've happened ten months ago, ten weeks ago.

Maybe even ten days ago. Or anywhere in between.

How could someone know about this, if they were there, wouldn't they have just come up and talked to you? No, this person's just making some guesses, they couldn't possibly know what happened.

Right?

You look at the note in your hand again, your fellow students are meandering away, the halls steadily quietening as the day ends.

The decision is yours.
=====

Hello, and welcome to my newest RP! Hopefully, this one won't be spontaneously dumped on the ground as I lose interest! Anyway, as you can clearly see, this RP is something of a 'modern fantasy' type of thing. Yes, I know, it's been done. But I feel like I should take my own stab at it, even to just shake off the dust, so to speak.

Here's the deal, you, that is, the character that you will be portraying in this online play-by-posting role-playing game is a student attending Midtown High School, one of the many high schools serving the city of Aldbourne, New York. Population: 46,030. As the note says, your character has experienced something strange and horrible that modern society can't (or won't) explain.

Perhaps an angry spirit menaced a camp you were attending, and only with a tome you find in a library were you able to send it back to slumber.

Or a beloved sibling found a mysterious amulet, and gained terrifying powers and bloody intent to use them with, you found the amulet, and destroyed it, at the cost of your relationship, forever.

Or a treasured friend was once, one lonely walk home, dragged off by strange men on horses, accompanied by horrible black hounds, never to be seen again.

So you've taken it upon yourself, or done something, to try and found out what happened.

Cue note in your locker.

Now, I want you to take the time to tell me a little about your character.

Name - this is generally kind of important, so I'd appreciate it if I could call your character something.
Age - Preferably somewhere between the realms of 14 and 18, maybe 19, but that's pushing it, you're a student, not an employee, I'm afraid.
Gender - Now, I understand that some people want to make this complicated, and that's fine, you're an adolescent finding their own way in life, but I would appreciate it if you would simply put Male or Female, for the sake of brevity.

Background - Ah, now this is where things get important. This is probably going to be one of the linchpins holding your sheet together, as this will detail the, ah, details of how exactly you came to be involved in the strange and horrifying events hidden just beyond the comforting veil of civilization, as well as your own life, what you do at the school, possible friends and allies you may have, feel free to do as much detail as you see fit.

Connections - Now, this is different from your background in a specific and important way, leave this space blank on your sheet, once you send it in. Once the sheets are in and the proper characters decided, I will tell you what to do with this space.

Attributes - In comparison to other RPs on this site, this will be fairly simple.

There are three categories for you
Physical
Mental
and Social

I want you to allocate the words, Great, Good and Fair to all of those, one to each, use it as a summary of your average level of ability in that area.

Skills - Now, this is nothing specific, but I'd like you to detail what exactly you're good at, hobbies, skills you've picked up, maybe training you've undergone if you're more traditional, or maybe if you favor a particular field of athletics or study. Nothing too complicated.

arkturus
January 7th, 2016, 07:23 PM
[03:21.01] <@Morm> >been an hour and nothing
[03:21.03] <@Morm> orz

Pls don't be sad Morm-chan. I will make you a spooky sheet.

RacingeR
January 7th, 2016, 08:32 PM
I'm up for it, sounds interesting.

Mormarth
January 7th, 2016, 10:43 PM
In addition, if anyone has any questions on the setting or the RP in general, feel free to ask here or at #Regalia on the IRCHighway server where I usually hang out.

Or PM me that's cool too.

Finally, the cut-off date is, hm, I'll go for about a week, and I'll see if anyone needs more time than that, these sheets aren't very complicated to make.

Tobias
January 8th, 2016, 08:01 AM
[03:21.01] <@Morm> >been an hour and nothing
[03:21.03] <@Morm> orz

Pls don't be sad Morm-chan. I will make you a spooky sheet.

Maybe it's just me, but this might be because of that line about how he just lost interest in his previous RPs. That was enough to make me decide there wasn't a point in it. I might not be the only one. Getting invested in an RP only for the GM to bail is the worst feeling.

Mormarth
January 14th, 2016, 08:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6V_nrfAB38