PDA

View Full Version : Mushi to Medama translation

Brynhilde
March 14th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah if you guys recall, I was asking for editors for my latest translation project, Mushi to Medama.

So far RB, Chaos, and BlackDeath had all experssed interest. Thanks guys ;)

I'll definite try to pm you drafts asap!

RoadBuster
March 15th, 2011, 12:57 AM
/Nod. As soon as you have something you want proofed, just PM me, Bryn. I looked into this and it looks really cool~ Excited now.

Chaos Greyblood
March 15th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I'm gonna check out whatever kind of content this thing's got. I'll give it a nice shot.

Blackdeath6031
March 15th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Yepp, will read them from Baka-Updates.

Brynhilde
April 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Draft had just been sent to the three of you at long last ^^

Chaos Greyblood
April 6th, 2011, 11:30 PM
And today I have sent you my end of the bargain. I hope it's to your liking.

RoadBuster
April 8th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Will have mine in over the weekend.

Blackdeath6031
April 8th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Will send mine over between Sunday and Monday your time.

Brynhilde
April 8th, 2011, 07:17 AM
^ RB and BD: As I said over at the Tsukuyomi RP discussion, it's very likely I won't be around for the next week. So don't be surprised if you receive no reply from me when you send the file ^^;

Chaos: Got your file. Now just waiting for RB and BD so I can have a final judgement *snigger*

Blackdeath6031
April 11th, 2011, 08:42 AM
*somewhat dislikes the 10000 character limit for pms*

Brynhilde
April 13th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Currently read all of your edits. Will send out pms soon.

Brynhilde
April 14th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Tried to tidy up Mushi to Medama and realised that the translator had done a lot of his own work, which means I gotta have a look through them all.

And Baka-Tsuki changed their formatting so all my old formatting is screwed---!

And MtM makes WAYYY too many references and I just don't feel like making Translator's Notes at 11pm in the night, and I still have Notes to make in Fate/zero.

Damn it. I'm going to sleep. This is too much shit for a fan project @[email protected]

Brynhilde
April 25th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Ok I'm going to use this thread as the translation thread. Hope the mods don't mind.

Just let me get this clear:
All of volume 1 on B-T has been proofread for accuracy, and can be worked on by editors.

Currently:
-RoadBuster = on 1.3
-Chaos = on 1.4? Are you finished with 1.4?
-BlackDeath = on 1.4? Similarly, are you finished with it?

Chaos Greyblood
April 25th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Sent you a PM concerning 1.4. Because of our time zones, you can expect me to reply when I have gotten up from bed. XDDDD Unless of course, you don't mind me staying up at the time of your posts just so I give you my status report?

I've also told BD of the chapter. Hopefully he'll have gotten started with it now.

Brynhilde
May 4th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Just to reinforce the point: ALL OF VOLUME 1 can be edited by you guys (oh and also 2.1).

As long as you give me a pm afterwards - or put (edited) after the title link on the main page.

Chaos Greyblood
May 4th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Dibs on 2.1! At least someone will be able to get some space to work with when I've done the edits.

RoadBuster
May 9th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Anyone else having trouble getting onto B-T?

Lol, figures when I FINALLY have 1.3 nearly completely done I cant get to the site.

Chaos Greyblood
May 9th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Nope, I haven't gotten problems getting to B-T since I have my browser remember the login for me and thus I can enter easily.

RoadBuster
May 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Yeah, looks like the Server was just down for a bit when I tried to get in yesterday. In any case, 1.3 is fully edited and up.

Brynhilde
May 12th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Can editors please put (edited) after the chapter title in the front page once you're done with it?

And also, RB, you made a lot of changes to word meanings in 1.3 @[email protected]

Chaos Greyblood
May 12th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Alright. Although when you check on the lists of changes, I can type in the reason for having done so.

I'll check it tomorrow! 2.1 looks a bit complicated, since it all seems clean other than some obvious spots. I could be wrong, though.

Brynhilde
May 12th, 2011, 01:53 AM
Editors need to do something on the front page to tell me which page they've edited @[email protected] I can't go into each chapter and click 'view history'...

Blackdeath6031
November 25th, 2011, 03:08 AM
DOIN' THE CPR AND THE DEFIB'IN' ON THIS THREAD~

Gonna start working on my part after dinner. Finally have the time to do something. X_x''

Sorry for the long-ass wait, guys.

Brynhilde
November 25th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Chaos, RB, are you still up for this? 'Cause I'm starting to translate again.

Blackdeath6031
November 25th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Right, finally done with 1.4

Seemed like you cleared the status tags on the side, so I wasn't sure whether you want us to still mark when it's edited or not.

So I'll post like this until/unless you say otherwise.

I'll work on 1.5 tomorrow. Gotta do some things before I head to bed >_<

Chaos Greyblood
November 25th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Chaos, RB, are you still up for this? 'Cause I'm starting to translate again.

Just tell me what we need to do and we'll get it done.

I hate timezones.

Blackdeath6031
November 26th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Bleh, took much longer than I had expected...

But finally done with 1.5. \o/
That said, I might have accidentally screwed up the formatting... sorry...! ;__;

I'll work on Guriko's Offering when I have the time.
Hopefully that'd be tomorrow. X_x

RoadBuster
November 26th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Moving this next weekend, so I'll need some time to recooperate, but yeah, I'm still game.

Brynhilde
November 26th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I've just finished the first draft of 2.2 (Night 2: Melancholic Officer and a Long-armed demon). I'll make a note here when I've proofread it and put it up to Baka-Tsuki. You guys can then edit it as you see fit ^^

Chaos Greyblood
November 26th, 2011, 07:33 PM
What about the rest of Volume 1? Is it done already?

Blackdeath6031
November 26th, 2011, 08:17 PM
What about the rest of Volume 1? Is it done already?Almost, but not yet.

I'll work on Guriko's Offering either today or tomorrow - depending on whether I have time to today.
Then I'll see if the stuff in Author's Notes are worth fixing.

After that, Vol.1 will be done. :D

Chaos Greyblood
November 26th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I've just finished the first draft of 2.2 (Night 2: Melancholic Officer and a Long-armed demon). I'll make a note here when I've proofread it and put it up to Baka-Tsuki. You guys can then edit it as you see fit ^^

Hmmmm, it could just be me, but haven't I taken a look at that chapter already? I need to remember. o.oU

Brynhilde
November 27th, 2011, 05:34 AM
MtM Volume 2, Night 2 is completed and on Baka-Tsuki, waiting for editors.

Blackdeath6031
November 27th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Just finished Guriko's Offering.

Not very changes, admittedly, but eh.

I'll skim through Author's Notes for the errors I saw earlier first.

Just to check, has 2.1 been edited yet?

EDIT:
Done with Author's Notes. The changes I made seemed rather iffy, so if someone is free and willing to check over, please do.

Err....is Clock of Endless Nights or A Series of Misfortune 2.1? Seems like A Series of Misfortune isn't...done yet? Can I get a confirmation of this?

I'll aim to do Clock of Endless Nights tomorrow, but expect it to be slower than usual.

Chaos Greyblood
November 27th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'll do it later this afternoon. NFL games are up!

Chaos Greyblood
November 28th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Edited some stuff and corrected spellings and replaced a few words that either have better context or meaning. More elements will pop up as I keep reading for more.

As of right now, BD, Chapter 2.1 isn't done nor posted yet because the link isn't open.

Brynhilde
November 29th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Yes. Unfortunately, fan translations on Baka-Tsuki usually don't tend to be in chronological order (f/z was one of the rare ones that did). So things like this do tend to happen, with the later chapters translated first. That being said, I'm currently working on 2.1

Blackdeath6031
November 29th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Ah, oki.

I'm working on Vol2 Open right now. @[email protected]
Expect it late tonight or early tomorrow.

Seems reeeeeaaaaaaaaallllllyyyy long orz

Brynhilde
November 29th, 2011, 01:37 AM
2.2 is even loooonnnggggeeeeerrrrr~

Blackdeath6031
November 29th, 2011, 01:39 AM
....MFW.

Welp, I'll still give it a shot. >__<

....On a side, unrelated note, I think I've come to the realisation that my productivity and concentration falls drastically during the weekdays...
Which sucks massively orz

Chaos Greyblood
November 29th, 2011, 02:08 AM
I'll still give it my best to do the job and see that everything stays clean. Keep it coming, Bryn! I need the activity. XDDDD

ItsaRandomUsername
November 29th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Alright. I gotta read this one, then.

:3

Blackdeath6031
November 29th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Done with Vol.2 Open.

Seemed abnormally sparse of problems when I was reading it... O_o

I'll check once more either Friday night or one of the weekends; then move on to the next translated chapter when I'm done with that then.

Chaos Greyblood
November 29th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I felt that way too when I worked on chapter 2.2. But eventually I did the pertinent corrections on mistakes I've found on the text. I'll read it again later just in case I find something else.

Brynhilde
November 30th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Update!

Cakemanofdoom (the other translator) is still working very hard on vol2 Night1, so I've changed to working on vol2 Night3 now. Knowing cakeman's speed, he should have night1 up within the week.

Also, note that he has a different approach to translation compared to me. I like to do translations verbatim, while he values the flow of the work and whether it reads smoothly for English-speakers. Both styles are fine, really, but just keep that in mind when you're editing his stuff.

Chaos Greyblood
December 1st, 2011, 01:16 AM
I see. That's a rather interesting development. I'll take that in mind and compare as it comes up.

Blackdeath6031
December 1st, 2011, 06:27 AM
Got it, I'll look through later this week.

Thanks for the update! :D

Brynhilde
December 1st, 2011, 07:04 AM
Finished going over vol2 Night1 to fix typos and uncertain sentences cakeman had trouble with. Translators, enjoy this long chapter! XD

Blackdeath6031
December 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM
.....Translators or editors...? o___o

Either way, BRACIN' FOR LONG TIMEZ AHEAD :D

Chaos Greyblood
December 1st, 2011, 07:27 PM
My hands are ready.

Brynhilde
December 2nd, 2011, 01:10 AM
My brain was evidently suffering from having edited that chapter -_-

Chaos Greyblood
December 2nd, 2011, 02:23 AM
If you're tried, take a rest, Bryn.

Tomorrow, I'll look into the chapter more, I promise! Was kinda busy making sure we'll be doing fine with the Dragon Age RP.

Blackdeath6031
December 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah, take a break, Bryn!

I'll need some clarifications later on when your head's not hurting and you're free though X_x

"You say you can only love Usagawa Rinne, and this person here says she's not good enough. Then isn't it easy? Yup. Just make Usagawa mature. Turn her into a woman acceptable as the lady of the Sakaki. For this, I've prepared a lot. And since you two want to marry as soon as she graduates, have her use her time in school to improve in every aspect."

"You say you can only love Usagawa Rinne, and the around me say she's not good enough. Then isn't it easy? Yup. Just make Usagawa mature. Turn her into a woman acceptable as the lady of the Sakaki. For this, I've prepared a lot. And since you two want to marry as soon as she graduates, have her use her time in school to improve in every aspect."

I can't really tell the meaning of 'this person here' or 'the around me'.
I was guessing that Ganhou was referring to Tatsue, so I'm considering using the word "proxy", but I'm not sure if I'm understanding it right.
For the time being, I left it as-is though.

Brynhilde
December 3rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
^

Oh, I'm sorry about that! It's completely my fault. I meant to say "the people around me say she's not good enough". -_-

Blackdeath6031
December 4th, 2011, 12:31 AM
E-Eh, ah, oki!

I've fixed it up! :D

Thanks for the help >__<

ItsaRandomUsername
March 20th, 2012, 01:07 AM
I recently read the translation of the first volume. And I must say, I am now one who wholly supports this project and wants to say that the translators are doing a great job putting this piece of work out there.

No really, thanks.