PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem: Land of Zeroth OOC

Sakuraba Haru
August 18th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Welcome to Fire Emblem: Land of Zeroth

Based on the land based off a quest I am running where I let the readers vote for some of the world building, Iíve decided to create this, if you want to read that go here.

http://anonkun.com/stories/fire-emblem-rng-quest/Hqdh8zkASFZL3Ywre/home (http://anonkun.com/stories/fire-emblem-rng-quest/Hqdh8zkASFZL3Ywre/home)

On the nation of Zeroth they are many culturally distinct countries inhabiting it, for now there has been a steady peaceÖ but that is about to change.

No matter who you are, for one reason or another, you will be dragged into this war. And you will do your best to survive. Or donít.

But with chaos and turmoil comes opportunity for change and ambition, to change the entire world orÖ simply to let love bloom on the battlefield or find a place of your own.

Carve out your name into the walls of Destiny.

Sessions will either be done via Beasts Lair IC as normal, each person making their turns and collaborating together or via Roll20, depending on which you guys prefer, Iíll take a vote.

For now Iíll look for 8 players but obviously more vacancies will open up as time passes and more units are needed.
Finally that I figured out the mechanics of my game I can actually run something to fruition!

Character Sheet Stats
Name:

Appearance:

Nation:
Pick one of the following Nations -

Republic of Murica (yes this was generated by anons from 4chan)
+10% Growths to SKL and DEF

A large democratic republic, famed for itís enormously high walls and pride in establishing trade and favouring economic progress. To varying success. A Western style country with Romanish influence.

Kingdom of the White Phoenix
+10% Growths to SPD and RES

A large conquering kingdom that favours heavy use of cavalry, it has a large preference of painting buildings white. It is a place that favours aristocracy and nobility ruled by an absolute monarch. A heavy Medieval Western country.

Asurakuen
+10% Growths to STR and MAG

A medium sized country, while there is a system of nobility it is a nation that believes that honour, respect and status must be earned either by immense strength or academic knowledge, a person's own achievements are valued the most over anything. Has a Eastern Oriental influence.

Hyperion
+10% Growths to HP and DEF

An enormous conglomerate of clans that form a functioning country, outright slavery is legal here but only for war prisoners and those native of the lands, has a strong aristocratic system but respects the systems of foreigners. Filled with desert and hot lands it has a very Middle Eastern as well as Indian Influence.

Personality, Background and Social Status:

Pair Up Bonuses: Please refer to http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/pair-up-stats/ (http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/pair-up-stats/)
For the appropriate stats)

Class:
Select one of the following from the list which promotes into another unit - EXCEPT Nohrian/Hoshidan Royal, Songstress and the DLC classes.
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_classes_in_Fire_Emblem_Fates (http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_classes_in_Fire_Emblem_Fates)

In the case of Diviner, Samurai and Outlaw you may choose for your character to simply be called Mage, Myrmidon, Thief depending on the cultural influence of your character.
This will change the weapons available to them.
Mages you will be given different promotion trees from Dark Mage and Diviner.
Outlaws are merged with Thief, so you will in fact be able to wield both bows and swords from the outset.

You will be able to reclass characters a few times during this playthrough.

However I will open a few positions of SPECIAL Units for someone to play in which case it shall have a different basis depending and one of you applicants will be given the status of Lord, letting you reclass and promote to classes appropriate to it, this will be chosen at random.

Weapon Rank: This determines what grade and type of weapons you can wield, again consult the wiki for your class if you donít know what type you use, however for this the rank of your weapons will be D no matter the class, this is to let you choose between the first rank and second rank weapons tactically as E rank weapons often have added effects.

HP - Your Hit Points, get to 0 and you are DEAD, this is Fire Emblem, death is permanent except for a certain items that revives that can only be used ONCE.
STR - Determines Physical Damage
MAG - Determines Magical Damage
SKL - Determines both standard HIT and Critical HIT
SPD - Determines ability AVO and launch successive attacks
DEF - Reduces Physical Damage
RES - Reduces Magical Damage
LCK - Influences AVO, Critical HIT and Critical AVO
MOV - The tiles a unit can move on the map per turn in one instance.

Your stats are equal to your classes Base stats as of FE14/Fates + 1 Level Up BUT DO NOT raise your character level.

Below you should apply your growths, for this, maximum RNG hilarity has been chosen, your growths are equal to 8 d100s, numbers will be rounded to the nearest divisible of 10, round up for 5.

Then apply your classes growths, again this is based off FE14 unless you are SPECIAL and are playing a class not from that game.
The 8 results you get may be placed to any of your 8 stats as you desire.
So for example, using the very lucky character from the Quest that lead to this:

Char the Myrmidon
Myrms Base Growths
HP 10
STR 10
SKL 10
SPD 20
LCK 10

And the numbers he rolled were:
98, 97, 85, 82, 64, 57, 40, 37
After distribution and rounding his growths became stellar -

HP 70%
STR 90%
MAG 40%
SKL 110%
SPD 110%
DEF 40%
RES 60%
LCK 110%

(In the case of percentages OVER 100% So here 110% roll as if it was a 10% chance of stat increase, if you get the result of 10 or less then you gain 2 points of that stat rather than 1)

HP
STR
MAG
SKL
SPD
DEF
RES
LCK

Skills:
Again consult your class on the wiki and start with their level 1 skill for FE14/Fates, update this as you gain more skills.

Personal Skills:
This is where you can be creative, design a skill that your character has, think a perk or special skill, for example giving all adjacent allies +10 hit or something silly such as gaining +5 STR when your female unit has 2 or more adjacent male units, or something like +1 MOV.
Try to make this skill fit your character's personality.

Supports and Children:
Support points are gained when units are adjacent or paired up to each other when combat with one of those units is initiated
These rank from unranked to C, B, A, S.
5 Support Points for C, 15 for B, 20 for A, 25 for S. (Overall total.)
When characters reach a support rank, please add a scene of the two characters bonding over common interests, their pasts, etc

Upon S Rank characters are married and children characters are generated
The gender of the child is basically coin tossed, their growths will be:
The same gendered parents growth rates + half of the other parents.
They will inherit the personal skills of both parents and the one of the normal skills of each parents that the player characters choose.

MechanicsSPD = Attack SPD, AS.
A unit will attack twice in a battle if its attack speed is at least a certain amount higher than the opposing unit's attack speed.
In this case at least +4 AS.
The second attack always occurs after the initial exchange of blows, regardless of which character attacked first.

Hit Rate is the chance a character has of hitting a stationary object.
Hit Rate = Weapon Accuracy + Skill x 2 + Luck + Support Bonus
Evade is a measure of how well a unit can avoid being hit by an enemy's attack.
Evade = Attack Speed x 2 + Luck + Terrain Bonus + Support Bonus

Accuracy is used in battle to determine how likely a character is to hit another character, using the difference between the attacker's hit rate and the defender's evade.
Accuracy = Hit Rate (Attacker) - Evade (Defender) + Triangle Bonus

Weapon Triangle
+/- 1 Mt, +/- 10 Hit%
Sword>Axe>Lance>Sword
Lance>Tomes
Sword>Bow
Axe>Shuriken
Effective damage will be treated as x2, certain weapons are effective against certain units, example bows against flying units.

Attack is calculated by the following:
Physical Attack = Strength + Weapon Might X Weapon Effectiveness + Weapon Rank Bonus + Weapon Triangle bonus.
In this case Weapon Rank Bonus will be 1 bonus MT per rank higher your weapon is over the opponents.

Damage is the amount of health an attack takes away from a defending unit if the attack hits. It depends on the attacker's attack power and the defender's Resistance or Defense (for magical or physical attacks respectively.).
Defense Power is simply one's DEF or RES.
Damage = Attack Power (attacker) - Defense Power (defender)

Critical Hits
When attacking, characters often have the chance to strike a critical hit. This will in general do a vastly higher amount of damage than a regular hit.
Crits deal x3 damage.
Critical Rate:
Weapon Critical + (Skill + Luck) / 2 + Support Bonus
Critical Evade is to Critical Rate as Evade is to Accuracy. It is a measurement of the chance a character has to detect an approaching critical hit and react accordingly; the amount by which an attacker's critical rate is reduced.
Critical Evade = Luck + Support Bonus

Terrain Types
Updated as you encounter more terrain.

Forest: A common form of Terrain found in Fire Emblem maps that are outside, the Forest provides a +1 bonus to Defense and +20 to Avoid, allowing the unit under cover to take less damage and also help with the ability to avoid enemy attacks. It is noteworthy that entering or passing through a Forest requires two remaining move tiles, meaning the Terrain also reduces movement.

Mountain: Another outdoor Terrain version, the mountain is restricted only to units that are not mounted (with the exception of flying units), but gives a greater bonus than the Forest, providing +2 Defence and +30 to Avoid.

Forts - +2 DEF + 20 Avoid and 10% MAX HP healed at the start of the turn.

Pair Up and Dual Attack

Two units in range of each other may become a paired unit, the two units are treated as one and one of the characters is dominant, being the same unit as before but with certain stat bonuses as well as having that paired ally to be able to attack during the same battles they are in.

So for example let us pretend they are 2 Charís from the example earlier.
Myrmidon Pair Up Bonuses are +4 SPD +2 LCK
So let us assume Charís stats are

HP 18
STR 6
MAG 5
SKL 8
SPD 8
DEF 5
RES 6
LCK 6
MOV 5

Now paired up they are

HP 18
STR 6
MAG 5
SKL 8
SPD 12 (+4)
DEF 5
RES 6
LCK 8 (+2)
MOV 5

So Char A takes 10 damage, on his turn he walks over to an enemy, and SWAPS to Char B.
They battle the enemy and after Char B attacks, Char A may attack -
[(Lead & supporting unit's skill stat sum)/4]+20

This number rises from 20 to 30 to 40 to 50 to 60 depending on the characters support ranks.
In this case it is ďnoneĒ so it is a rate of 20/4 + 20 (apply pair up bonuses only for the active unit) = 25% and then rolling a d100 and getting a result below 25, they will attempt to attack, this happens once per battle. This attack is a normal attack so use the same formula as normal after it has been acknowledged.

Units adjacent to each other ALSO have the chance to Dual Attack but do not apply Pair Up Bonuses.

You may ask any questions you want.

Five_X
August 18th, 2016, 01:53 PM
tfw I can't be in this RP because I didn't pay attention to math back in high school...

Sakuraba Haru
August 18th, 2016, 01:56 PM
This is so simple, seriously. It looks more daunting then it actually is like most systems.

Tobias
August 18th, 2016, 05:26 PM
I was told there would be no math.

...actually, i have a really silly idea. I might send in a sheet for lulz

Janx
August 18th, 2016, 08:22 PM
The usual feeling of "I'm in so many RP's...but most seem dead and this looks kind of cool".

So uh...yeah i'll prob make a sheet.

Ramen
August 18th, 2016, 11:16 PM
I'm still not sure how I feel about the pair up system, but I'll probably still send in a sheet.

What are we looking at in terms of deadlines?

Milbunk
August 18th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Oh who doesn't love FE RPs, I'm totally game.

Tobias
August 18th, 2016, 11:34 PM
actually having re-looked over this a few times I find I actually do not understand the stat creation guide well enough to create a character

Janx
August 19th, 2016, 01:09 AM
hmmm, to be a kitsune, an oni, a knight, or a mage....that is the question..

Sakuraba Haru
August 19th, 2016, 11:29 AM
actually having re-looked over this a few times I find I actually do not understand the stat creation guide well enough to create a character

Here's the base stats of Cavalier so at Level 1, which you would be, if you were Cavalier these would be your stats.
Look at the entry and scroll down to base stats FE14.

Cavalier
HP 17
STR 6
MAG 0
SKL 5
SPD 5
DEF 5
RES 3
LCK 3

Let us assume your growths are rolled at 50 each. The FE14 Cavalier Growth Rates are -

HP 10
STR 15
MAG 0
SKL 10
SPD 10
DEF 10
RES 5
LCK 15

Because of my system the 5 and 15s are rounded up to 10 and 20.

And you are from Hyperion giving you 10 on HP and DEF too.

So taking that in mind your growths are the following

Tobias - Taigas Knight

HP 70

STR 70

MAG 50

SKL 60

SPD 60

DEF 70

RES 60

LCK 70

Due to the Free Zero Level I give you, you roll 8 d100s again, if the numbers you roll are equal too or LOWER than the number you got for each result then that stat levels up.
So lets assume you rolled

40 Y
35 Y
100 N
59 Y
62 N
65 Y
40 Y
85 N

Meaning your HP, STR, SKL, DEF and RES rose 1. Tobias' stats are -

Tobias
Cavalier

HP 18
STR 7
MAG 0
SKL 6
SPD 5
DEF 6
RES 4
LCK 3

In term of deadlines, there is no hard deadline yet.

Tobias
August 19th, 2016, 11:31 AM
It's kind of coincidental, but the class I was going was actually a cavalier, so I guess that does make it rather simple!

Janx
August 20th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Admittedly I'm a bit of a FE noob, but the class list sadly doesn't go into what spells the casters have...

Also, wouldn't randomly picking a lord after have some...ramifications on backstories?

Ramen
August 21st, 2016, 12:33 AM
Admittedly I'm a bit of a FE noob, but the class list sadly doesn't go into what spells the casters have...

In FE spells are just what mages cast using tomes, though I guess staves and some skills would count. So if you have a fire tome you cast fire when in combat. Like all other characters what weapons a mage can use is determined by it's weapon level. That means if a mage has C-rank weapon level in tomes then it can use a fire tome (E-rank) or a fimbulvetr tome (C-rank) but not a Ragnorak tome (B-rank). The exceptions being tomes that can only be used by a specific unit or dark spells that you need to be a dark mage to use.

Does that help at all?

Janx
August 21st, 2016, 12:46 AM
In FE spells are just what mages cast using tomes, though I guess staves and some skills would count. So if you have a fire tome you cast fire when in combat. Like all other characters what weapons a mage can use is determined by it's weapon level. That means if a mage has C-rank weapon level in tomes then it can use a fire tome (E-rank) or a fimbulvetr tome (C-rank) but not a Ragnorak tome (B-rank). The exceptions being tomes that can only be used by a specific unit or dark spells that you need to be a dark mage to use.

Does that help at all?

Yes that helps greatly. I figured it was sorta something like that, I just wanted to make sure.

Janx
August 22nd, 2016, 05:01 PM
Should I be rolling these 'growths' somewhere or is there just an honor rule?

- - - Updated - - -

This growth rate thing is still like 'wut'.

Neir
August 22nd, 2016, 07:02 PM
oh you made it, i guess i was busy doing shit over the weekend, lol

TheFanciestEgg
August 29th, 2016, 04:28 AM
This looks interesting. I'll give it a try.

Name: Bell

Appearance: 5'5, thin and pale, jet-black hair tied into an elegant braid, forest green eyes, typically hunched over clutching her left arm

Nation: Asurakuen

Personality, Background and Social Status: "A timid dark mage that hides severe anxiety, depression, and trust issues behind sarcasm and ironic self-depreciation. The fondest of cheesy puns. Born on April 4th." - Unit Roster.
Not born native to the country she calls home, Bell's parents brought her to Asurakuen when she was still too young to remember. For the most part, at first Bell lived an ordinary life, though over time natural talent in magic began to surface. Though she had to battle discrimination at being technically a foreigner, her lack of any memories outside of her country notwithstanding, her ability as a mage earned a fair amount of respect. Of course, it did not come without a price. Bell had never been the best at handling social situations, and the additional attention being focused on her for her ability made her only retreat further. Attempts were made to improve her ability to socialize, but they backfired spectacularly, leading her to tend to flee if interaction with more than a handful of people at once taken at her pace was needed.

Her issues worsened as she entered her teenage years. A supposed friend, told of her homosexuality in confidence, betrayed Bell's trust by spreading the rumor wide, essentially for all intents and purposes driving Bell back into the closet at swordpoint. Though her parents were more understanding, it was little solace. Over time, she gradually internalized self-hate because of it, manifesting as an incredibly low opinion of herself. Even as the rumors died down, and focus returned to her prodigy status as opposed to her preferences, it seemed as though a few stubborn whispers were always around, just waiting for the right amount of attention to flare up again.

Pair Up Bonuses: 3 MAG, 3 RES

Class: Dark Mage

Weapon Rank: Tomes, D (Wields Thunder)

Level: 1

HP: 17 (90%)
STR: 0 (20%)
MAG: 8 (130%)
SKL: 4 (100%)
SPD: 4 70%)
DEF: 4 (70%)
RES: 6 (70%)
LCK: 2 (80%)
MOV: 5

Skills:
Heartseeker: Adjacent enemies suffer Avoid-20

Personal Skills:
Confidence Boost: When supported by an ally with at least B-Support, gains Crit+30

Supports and Children: (Note: She can only S-Support with female units)
None yet.

Even with having received a dump stat (rolled a 1, only became 10 due to nationality bonus), with mostly stellar growths and getting bonus stats on everything but STR, the aforementioned dump stat, I consider this a win. I hope you don't mind me taking liberties with culture, since I don't have much to go on in the way of hard info.

Incidentally, when I first conceived her a few months back, she was designed as a critical monster, thus the heavy crit bonus as her personal skill, and would have joined Kamui with a tome of MjŲlnir.

Janx
August 29th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Typically sheets are submitted by PM here, though welcome to the site!

Sakuraba Haru
August 29th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Oh right, I forgot another stipulation, if you roll 1-4 its auto rounded to 10, so that's actually 20% not 10%.
But thanks for the submission! We need more people, if you know anyone and bring them here that'd be amazing.

What a monster of a character you rolled, none of my randoms from the quest can really compare. That's part of the fun though.

Janx
August 29th, 2016, 11:24 AM
At least I know my little shrine maiden can beat someone in an arm wrestle.

...also our personal skills are oddly synergistic.

TheFanciestEgg
August 29th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Typically sheets are submitted by PM here, though welcome to the site!

Oh. In sites I've used in the past, sheets were typically posted on the OOC thread.

...also our personal skills are oddly synergistic.

If you don't mind sharing, what does it do?

Janx
August 29th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Oh. In sites I've used in the past, sheets were typically posted on the OOC thread.
Yup, no problem. Just passing along how things tend to work around here. I think it cause alot of RP's here tend to have pvp so things are left more as surprise. I think everyone in this is on the same side though, so no harm.

If you don't mind sharing, what does it do?
Those paired up with her count their support level as 1 higher.

Neir
August 30th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Imo the skill growths are WAY too high.

Janx
August 30th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Imo the skill growths are WAY too high.

The children progressions are going to be intense