PDA

View Full Version : Kizuato and TYPE-MOON influences

Mazyrian
June 28th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I've recently started Leaf's Kizuato (finished the first route), which I had heard was some kind of predecessor to Tsukihime (and also Higurashi). And indeed, having finished the first route I couldn't help but be reminded of Tsukihime's Far Side.

MC's father, who was living (without him) with MC's cousins for the last years, just died, and MC is passing a few days with those cousins (4 sisters).
He has strange dreams of becoming some monster and killing people, and it turns out those dreams were real.
It turns out his family has oni blood, and in the males it eventually becomes too strong to be controlled, so the eldest of the sisters, the family head, has decided to kill MC before he has to suffer that.
But it also turns out that it wasn't him who was doing the murders, but another person who also could turn into an oni and with whom for some reason (if there's an explanation I haven't reached it yet) MC had a link so could see while sleeping what the other was doing.

It's pretty clear this had a great influence in the Far Side.

Thoughts? Is there some other thing that greatly helped TM works take form?

Kotonoha
June 28th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Thought I heard Leaf's first VNs had some influence on VNs as a whole or something, so maybe.

Vaguely related fun fact: some of the enemies in Battle Moon Wars are characters from Leaf's Shizuku (Ruriko, Saori, Kanako). I started Shizuku and BMW on the same day without realizing it so that was really weird to me.

Mazyrian
June 28th, 2011, 05:26 PM
And how is Shizuku? It seemed interesting judging from its tags in vndb, but I haven't really read anything about it (good or bad)

Kotonoha
June 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM
It didn't work well on my computer so I didn't get far ;_;

Been meaning to try it again though.

Blastedspider
June 29th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I remember that he got idea of Fate from manga/novel there all important historical figures of Japan were called to participate in tournament, which would decide future of the country.

Mazyrian
June 29th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Do you remember the name of said manga/novel?

Mazyrian
July 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM
I remember that he got idea of Fate from manga/novel there all important historical figures of Japan were called to participate in tournament, which would decide future of the country.

Maybe it was this? In Kizuato MC is reading a manga in which the spirits of famous Japanese swordsmen from history revive in the present and possess their descendants, and must fight in a battle royale.
(And also the guide is a mysterious woman).

terraablaze
July 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
The History of Type-MOON thing I read while back called it Samurai Resurrection. Probably the English title.

Mazyrian
July 1st, 2011, 05:39 PM
What history of TYPE-MOON? Is there some link?

EDIT: Found it

Five_X
July 2nd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Kizuato is the name of one of the ending songs of Kara no Kyoukai; I'm not sure if that's a coincidence or not...

Kotonoha
July 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Kizuato just means scar, so probably just a coincidence.

Cruor
July 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Random recommendation since you guys are reading Leaf: read Kusari. Kishida is one of my favorite villains ever.

Mazyrian
July 5th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Kusarihime? I have that on queue; probably after this I'll play Shizuku and then Myth or that

Cruor
July 5th, 2011, 05:18 PM
No. Kusarihime is a Liarsoft game. Kusari is a VN by Leaf about a guy and his friends (a guy and his friends? Am I seriously that uncreative? brb going to vndb) get trapped on a cruise ship with a marine biologist psychotic killer/rapist called Kishida.

Edit:

The stage of this tale is set inside the high speed experimental ship "Basilisk". Kyosuke Koduki, the game's protagonist, is invited on the ship's maiden test voyage as a guest by his friend's mother. When the ship finds castaway Yoichi Kishida, things go horribly wrong for the voyage...

Mazyrian
July 5th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Hm, got confused there. Will be checking that (maybe)

Mazyrian
July 6th, 2011, 12:10 AM
And finished Kizuato.
It would seem that another thing Nasu learned from this is the awkward H scenes placement

Kotonoha
July 6th, 2011, 12:36 AM
What do you expect from a 15-year-old eroge, lol.

Mazyrian
July 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Yeah, and in any case that's hardly a problem exclusive to Leaf and TYPE-MOON