PDA

View Full Version : Fate After seperation (FateXGundam discussion)

Pages : [1] 2

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
The year is AS 5 (After separation) with the existence of the Magi and the else wise super natural being discovered certain influential members of the world’s governments banned together to construct space fairing, habitable colonies to then terra form mars and leave the tainted earth behind. They create mobile suits for labor of such magnitude

However before this could be accomplished certain Magi seeking their own goals began to spread paranoia in secret throughout the newly established colonies to become hostile with the earth, the mobile suits were then repurposed as weapons. With such a threat to earth impending (or perhaps his own enjoyment at what would unfold as a result) Kotomine Kirei explained to the masters and servants of the fifth Holy Grail war to use their own suits (provided by Atlas) to defend earth against attack. He however neglected to mention that the other masters and servants had the same goal as they did.

And thus a new war came to be between United Lunar Space forces overseeing the colonies and those left on earth with the holy grail at the center of it all.

Well that’s the basic premise of the story it’ll be first person in my usual style of voting and what not so you guys can decide the course of the war and such (if you kill Shirou I change MC’s btw). I’m all up for discussion of any elements the only three rules are

1) The fate characters must all be involved in some capacity (that’s master’s servants and minor characters)

2) The servants and/or masters must be MS pilots at some point

3) we’ll be using the canon suits from the different series of Gundam (seed/destiny excluded) and while all suits are up for distribution among the characters their will be progression from suit to suit and it has to be generally even (so while everyone has GM’s I won’t suddenly be handing Shirou burning (god) Gundam)

Starting Suits
saber-Leo
Shirou-GM
Sakura-Wing gundam
caster- Gundam Heavyarms
Assassin(Kojiro)-Kampfer
Taiga-Master Gundam
Archer-Mercurius
Lancer- Vayeate
Rider- Gundam Death scythe
Rin-Gundam
Kirei-The O
Ayako-GM sniper
The track girls- Virgo three man team
Illya- Turn A

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 12:56 PM
Interesting~

DreamsRequiem
July 2nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Omoishiro...

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Interesting idea.

I vote for "save Sakura"....

ItsaRandomUsername
July 2nd, 2011, 01:11 PM
Way to think about the big picture, Mike. I am shamed and appalled.

We also need to save Illya. >:| Oh yeah, and the big blue marble that we all happen to live on that will soon be war-torn by combat suits for a wish-granting device. That's pretty important too, don'chaknow? The characters can't live without a planet, after all.

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Well, yeah, but what good is having a planet for Sakura to live on if she's just going to be worm-raped to death anyway? :p

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
I'm not going to save either if we don't start up some discussion regarding the suits, who you'd like to see team up and so on. in order to get to the topic of the girls their involvement has to be fleshed out.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Actually, I happen to agree with IRUN on this one, guys.

Also, lantzblades, why not the suits from SEED/Destiny?

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
I'm not going to save either if we don't start up some discussion regarding the suits, who you'd like to see team up and so on. in order to get to the topic of the girls their involvement has to be fleshed out.

Well, I know fuck all about Gundam, so I can't really help there....

I would, however, like to see Sakura get a suit that makes her actually useful. Given the setting, she would be able to ally with Shirou without issue, provided that Zouken doesn't prevent that.

Actually, I happen to agree with IRUN on this one, guys.

What do you mean?

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hmm... good point, Mike, but something that's actually good for her abilities.

What about, oh I don't know, the Devil Gundam?

Maybe.

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hmm... good point, Mike, but something that's actually good for her abilities.

What about, oh I don't know, the Devil Gundam?

Maybe.

Well, the Devil Gundam might fit her, but it does depend somewhat on whether she can acutally control it.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Ah, true, even though...

wait, how much of G-Gundam have you seen, Mike?

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 01:21 PM
Ah, true, even though...

wait, how much of G-Gundam have you seen, Mike?

None....

ItsaRandomUsername
July 2nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Obviously, Hassan pilots Gundam Zabaniya. (http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GN-010_Gundam_Zabanya)

*Da Dum Tsh*

Mike:
What Xamy was referring to (probably) was that it's more important at this stage to worry about world-building, developing the setting and working in the characters at this point than it is about the ultimate fate of one character (for the moment).

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
Ouch...

I wasn't sure about how much you saw, but did you at least look at the wiki about it, Mike?

At least enough to look into the Devil Gundam?

EDIT: Also, IRUN, I wasn't sure about the world-building part, but that works too, at least as far as I know.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Also, lantzblades, why not the suits from SEED/Destiny?

first, just lantz in fine second because the characters are useless wrecks and the suits are carbon copies of other suits with fancy do dads attached or beam factories and therefore useless compared to the older suits. plus phrase Armour is crap

I would, however, like to see Sakura get a suit that makes her actually useful.

useful how?

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Ah, thanks for clarifying, lantz.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 2nd, 2011, 01:27 PM
I vote that Shirou gets the Gundam Exia because SWORDS. And then it upgrades to Gundam 00 because MORE SWORDS and Excalibur-esque BFS.

But then where does that leave Saber?

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 01:27 PM
Ouch...

I wasn't sure about how much you saw, but did you at least look at the wiki about it, Mike?

At least enough to look into the Devil Gundam?

EDIT: Also, IRUN, I wasn't sure about the world-building part, but that works too, at least as far as I know.

All I know is what Lantz has previously told me.

useful how?

In an "actually able to help Shirou but not get herself killed" manner, preferably....

ItsaRandomUsername
July 2nd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Ouch. Somebody needs to get knowledgeable about Gundam FAST otherwise they can't really help much.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Okay, that's good for clarification, Mike.

Sorry for the confusion.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 01:34 PM
I vote that Shirou gets the Gundam Exia

I'm spacing on the name, remind me of the series

And then it upgrades to Gundam 00 because MORE SWORDS and Excalibur-esque BFS.

But then where does that leave Saber?

good question.

In an "actually able to help Shirou but not get herself killed" manner, preferably....

how useful? like indispensable? or dependable back up?

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
how useful? like indispensable? or dependable back up?

Well, "indispensible" would be nice, but not if it means "in constant danger and likely not to survive the series"....

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:38 PM
My vote (for Saber) is the original Gundam (aka the RX-78-2 Gundam).

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Well, "indispensible" would be nice, but not if it means "in constant danger and likely not to survive the series"....

gundam is odd like that actually. it's almost random who gets killed. lets put it this way piloting gundam is like being a red shirt on start trek. you're likely to die but manage to be around long enough and you'll get a name and then be basically invincible. the better her suit the more danger she's in but ironically that same her likely to survive overall.

My vote (for Saber) is the original Gundam (aka the RX-78-2 Gundam).

i presume you mean at first as epyon makes the most sense in an end role for her.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
...That works.

I wasn't sure which suit was the most appropriate, but I guess that the Epyon would be the better one later on, so... yeah. The RX-78-2 Gundam is the at first suit for her.

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 01:53 PM
gundam is odd like that actually. it's almost random who gets killed. lets put it this way piloting gundam is like being a red shirt on start trek. you're likely to die but manage to be around long enough and you'll get a name and then be basically invincible. the better her suit the more danger she's in but ironically that same her likely to survive overall.

But Sakura already has a name....

Anyway, I'd like her in a position where she's unlikely to be killed (at least as much so as the other main characters, like Shirou).

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Well, I'm sure that lantz will do something about that, Mike.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
...That works.

I wasn't sure which suit was the most appropriate, but I guess that the Epyon would be the better one later on, so... yeah. The RX-78-2 Gundam is the at first suit for her.

actually as a starting suit Gundam doesn't really fit her. leo makes more sense to me.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:56 PM
You mean a Leo compared to the original Gundam?

You mean to make her a Zechs Merquise Clone (as opposed to a Char Clone)?

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
But Sakura already has a name....

you don't get one on the battle field till you earn it to be frank.

Anyway, I'd like her in a position where she's unlikely to be killed (at least as much so as the other main characters, like Shirou).

that litterally says to me put her anywhere you like. the theme of gundam war and it's iterations and so on is one where anyone can die at any time.

You mean a Leo compared to the original Gundam?

You mean to make her a Zechs Merquise Clone (as opposed to a Char Clone)?

not clone. the suit and the implications of piloting a normal suit well are what i'm after and the leo is modifiable so saber doesn't have to got stealing brand suits from other characters

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Ah... that makes sense, lantz, sorry for the confusion.

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
you don't get one on the battle field till you earn it to be frank.

But aren't the masters supposed to be "special"?

that litterally says to me put her anywhere you like. the theme of gundam war and it's iterations and so on is one where anyone can die at any time.

I see....

Well, obviously I would not be happy if Sakura dies, although if it's equally likely for all the characters then I can't really complain about it being a possibility for her. I'd like her to have an important role, though, in terms of helping Shirou, but not one which puts her in undue danger.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:12 PM
"That's the Sinanju! IT'S THE RED COMET!! You can't defeat him!"

Sorry, had to throw that one in there. Ever going to put Full Frontal in this story, lantz?

Also, Mike, Amuro wasn't special in the beginning of the series, but he earned his specialness over time, and the same should apply to Sakura.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 02:16 PM
But aren't the masters supposed to be "special"?

they are to an extent that cannon fodder won't kill them but other Ace's could do the job

I see....

Well, obviously I would not be happy if Sakura dies, although if it's equally likely for all the characters then I can't really complain about it being a possibility for her. I'd like her to have an important role, though, in terms of helping Shirou, but not one which puts her in undue danger.

then I would say guntank would be your best bet as a starting suit. as it's a long range support suit.

Ever going to put Full Frontal in this story, lantz?

i've been playing a lot of DWG3 so i'm aware of the guy however. his mask enrages me something fierce. also the characters from gundam won't appear only the suits.

Also, Mike, Amuro wasn't special in the beginning of the series, but he earned his specialness over time, and the same should apply to Sakura.

this. unlike jesus yamato the pilots each had to earn their badge of awesome. and sakura will be the same.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Ah, that makes sense, lantz.

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 02:20 PM

No more so than it should to any of the other characters.

they are to an extent that cannon fodder won't kill them but other Ace's could do the job

I see....

then I would say guntank would be your best bet as a starting suit. as it's a long range support suit.

Will that get her involved with Shirou enough to become "important", though?

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Maybe... on the "important" issue.

Who knows? Maybe she could go and win a battle all on her own in the Guntank?

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Will that get her involved with Shirou enough to become "important, though?

important as a character or important to him personally?

Who knows? Maybe she could go and win a battle all on her own in the Guntank?

unlikely, not impossible though

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Well, considering that a conventional army won against Zaku II's in the One Year War, it'd be easier to assume that the Guntank on it's own with a good pilot would do the same.

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
important as a character or important to him personally?

Both.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
And that goes to show that Mike is indeed a Sakura fanboy.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
Well, considering that a conventional army won against Zaku II's in the One Year War, it'd be easier to assume that the Guntank on it's own with a good pilot would do the same.

well they kinda did yeah.

Both

yes to the first one and a maybe to the second. obviously they're still friends and what not but otherwise as to the deeper feelings not so much.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
See what I mean, lantz?

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 02:50 PM
yes to the first one and a maybe to the second. obviously they're still friends and what not but otherwise as to the deeper feelings not so much.

Well, I'd like him to fall for her, really, or at least come to care for her a great deal. Saber will, presumably, be close by him, and there are enough Shirou/Saber fics out there already...

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
Ah... I see now. You really want Shirou to be Sakura's husband?

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
Well, I'd like him to fall for her, really, or at least come to care for her a great deal. Saber will, presumably, be close by him, and there are enough Shirou/Saber fics out there already...

Shirou already cares for his friends a great deal. and contrary to popular belief I'm not much for deciding pairing before the fic starts.

See what I mean, lantz?

for which? the fanboy comment or the regular army comment?

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
...Both, actually, now that I think about it.

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Ah... I see now. You really want Shirou to be Sakura's husband?

Well, I like pairing them together, yes. After what she's been through, Sakura deserves to catch a break for once. Plus, IMO she's the best girl for him.

Shirou already cares for his friends a great deal.

Well, yes, but I'd like her to be more than just a "friend", really. For instance, Archer seems to have forgotten all about her.

contrary to popular belief I'm not much for deciding pairing before the fic starts.

Perhaps not, but the set-up will make a huge difference to that.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:58 PM
Ah... I see now what you're referring to.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
...Both, actually, now that I think about it.

well first one i know to extremes as for as for the second i see your point

Well, yes, but I'd like her to be more than just a "friend", really. For instance, Archer seems to have forgotten all about her.

well it's possible but i make no certainties of it

Perhaps not, but the set-up will make a huge difference to that.

how so?

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
how so?

Well, how close they get to him will depend on the initial set-up and, in turn, how likely they are to end up with him will depend on how close they are to him.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
Well, how close they get to him will depend on the initial set-up and, in turn, how likely they are to end up with him will depend on how close they are to him.

not really. the start up simply defines their roles in the world at first. not where they'll end up or who they'll be with.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Hmm... I'm glad that you understand what I meant, lantz.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
yes, so is that what we want to settle on for Saber, Sakura and Rider as far as mobile suits are concerned?

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 04:30 PM
Wait, what suits go to Rider, again? I forgot... sorry.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
Wait, what suits go to Rider, again? I forgot... sorry.

we've only discussed the first suit they'll have and as for rider well guntank is a two man suit as i recall.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Not until they upgraded the first one of it's kind, which became a one-man suit, if I recall correctly.

Still, good point, two-man suit it is.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
well actually after a bit of discussion i've reconsidered on guntank for Sakura and Rider. rider shouldn't be shackled to Sakura and Sakura should have a more mobile roll in battle. of course i still endorse Saber in a leo. we also need to figure out shirou's starting MS as well.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
What about the Exia for Shirou?

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
What about the Exia for Shirou?

I asked for the series name but got nothing so I can't accept it

as for Sakura's MS that's been decided as Wing gundam

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
Ah, series name is Gundam 00, just to let you know.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 06:08 PM
Gundam 00 has a few things that would work for people, I think Gundam Throne Zwei (then upgraded to Arche) would be good for Herc with its bigass sword...despite the suit itself being rather thin. So that might pose a problem.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
Hmm? Really?

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 06:13 PM
The suit itself might not though...it is just it has a gigantic, purely physical sword unlike many other suits.

Bloble
July 2nd, 2011, 06:23 PM
Okay, I don't know much about Gundam, but I do know that there are different 'continuities' with the main being UC (Universal Century). I've only seen a few Gundams from playing SRW, so don't get mad if I say something stupid.

I think Shirou should get the Gundam X with Ilya as copilot providing the 'newtype brainwaves thingy', and later have him upgrade to the Double X.

I also think for shits and giggles someone should give Shinji a Zaku I, paint it blue and tell him it's an invincible prototype, then send him charging to the enemy base.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 06:24 PM
I also think for shits and giggles someone should give Shinji a Zaku I, paint it blue and tell him it's an invincible prototype, then send him charging to the enemy base.I really like the Gundam X part, but this takes the cake.

Also don't forget the V glued to the forehead.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
I think Shirou should get the Gundam X with Ilya as copilot providing the 'newtype brainwaves thingy', and later have him upgrade to the Double X.

three problems with that

1) it's not a dual suit

2) the interface is new type only which neither Ilya or shirou could be

3) leaving berserker alone is bad in general

I also think for shits and giggles someone should give Shinji a Zaku I, paint it blue and tell him it's an invincible prototype, then send him charging to the enemy base.

actually i have plans for Shinji as a serious character

Bloble
July 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
With the Gundam X I seem to remember the main character not being a Newtype but still piloting the Gundam X and needing another's help to use the Satellite Cannon, so that's where the copilot thing came from. But you're right, and I have no idea where to put Berserker.
With Shinji, since you're doing him as a serious character I think he should still get a mass produced grunt suit in the beginning, and he'll get angry and ask for a Gundam. Then Bright comes out of nowhere and slaps him, telling him to earn a better suit through hard work, and that even normal humans can defeat Newtypes as long as they train and practice enough. Cue Shinji taking a Level in Badass and becoming an Ace pilot, and eventually getting an Ace Custom like Char. Or he'll get a Gundam, although I can't think of one that would suit him.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 06:59 PM
With the Gundam X I seem to remember the main character not being a Newtype but still piloting the Gundam X and needing another's help to use the Satellite Cannon, so that's where the copilot thing came from.

just checked there's no mention of a copilot. and the cannon had nothing to do with new type it just had a retarded setup forcing it to use the moon's solar collection to power it

With Shinji, since you're doing him as a serious character I think he should still get a mass produced grunt suit in the beginning, and he'll get angry and ask for a Gundam. Then Bright comes out of nowhere and slaps him, telling him to earn a better suit through hard work, and that even normal humans can defeat Newtypes as long as they train and practice enough. Cue Shinji taking a Level in Badass and becoming an Ace pilot, and eventually getting an Ace Custom like Char. Or he'll get a Gundam, although I can't think of one that would suit him.

I'm not sure there's someone who can br....I now know what to do with Archer...

as for Exia for shirou, it's a bit on the nose and i'd rather we give him a more general purpose suit to begin with.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Ah... what about the Sinanju?

...Maybe not.

However, I do like the idea of Archer Bright-slapping Shinji, so do that!

Anyway, what about Shirou getting a GINN, perhaps? Those ought to work... wait, it's from SEED, never mind.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Okay, I don't know much about Gundam, but I do know that there are different 'continuities' with the main being UC (Universal Century). I've only seen a few Gundams from playing SRW, so don't get mad if I say something stupid.

I want to give you a hug, Bloble. ^^

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Ah... what about the Sinanju?

no, no I want Shirou be bottom of the barrel here to start.

However, I do like the idea of Archer Bright-slapping Shinji, so do that!

I can't guarantee that it'll be shinji but captain Archer bright slapping somebody will happen.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Wut you talking about? Exia is totally general purpose, and it fits Shirou best if not for the Gundam X bit which I am now in love with the idea.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
General purpose with swords, anyway...

Either way, I was kidding with the suggestion of the Sinanju.

By the way, what about a Char Custom Zaku II S?

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
no, no I want Shirou be bottom of the barrel here to start.

Why?

If he's a master, shouldn't he get something at least reasonably special?

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 07:14 PM
I doubt that's how it's supposed to work, Mike...

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Wut you talking about? Exia is totally general purpose

gundam is general purpose, exia is a weapons locker of swords basically and doesn't have the power to tangle with a lot of situations

By the way, what about a Char Custom Zaku II S?

hell no. he adjusted the bloody output on the thrusters to boost them 30%, also it doesn't fit his look at all.

Why?

If he's a master, shouldn't he get something at least reasonably special?

it's a resistance group providing a number of full suits in short order to a small number. story wise it's not logical that every one gets a badass suit

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
Okay, sorry for the suggestion, lantz.

What about a normal Zaku II?

Mike1984
July 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
it's a resistance group providing a number of full suits in short order to a small number. story wise it's not logical that every one gets a badass suit

It is?

I thought they were fighting to defend the Earth....

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
I thought so too... maybe he has an idea what that resistance group is resisting?

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 07:25 PM
just checked there's no mention of a copilot. and the cannon had nothing to do with new type it just had a retarded setup forcing it to use the moon's solar collection to power itI've watched the series, there is indeed a newtype needed to send a signal to start up the satellite cannon station on the moon, and while there is no seat for two the newtype sending the signal does not need to be in the suit at all.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 07:26 PM
Huh... that's interesting.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
That is the way it worked in the anime, and at one point it was too much trouble so they removed the cannon from the gundam and installed other things. After all, the pilot was not a newtype and needed his girlfriend to activate the cannon.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Okay, sorry for the suggestion, lantz.

not actually mad dude I just know how much of a difference those mods make on a Zaku 2

What about a normal Zaku II?

the look of it is the only thing I take issue with, it's not very shirou like.

It is?

I thought they were fighting to defend the Earth....

they are, they're just out manned out gunned and comparatively ill equipped.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Ah... I see.

Wait, his girlfriend is a newtype? That right there is strange, Alulim.

Anyway, what about a Taurus, lantz?

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Anyway, what about a Taurus, lantz?

nope it's too advanced and a space suit.

as for the plot lets be clear, shirou and company are on earth resisting the offensive from space.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Ah, start him in a ground type GM. They are better armored than a normal GM despite being older, though they usually lack the beam weaponry of the later types.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Hmm... good point.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 07:54 PM
To judge a suit's (only works for UC suits) power I usually look at its generator capacity. Though certain suits like ZZ Gundam and S Gundam throw that out the window with their absurd levels.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Ah... that makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 07:57 PM
Doesn't always work though as there are suits with a lower capacity but better weaponry that can beat ones with greater capacity. F91 likely is stronger than ZZ yet has lower capacity. I mostly use it to judge suits of similar production years.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Oh?

I should watch the shows from the Universal Century more...

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
I have seen every animated Gundam show, minus Seed Destiny...and any SD stuff.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
Ah, start him in a ground type GM. They are better armored than a normal GM despite being older, though they usually lack the beam weaponry of the later types.

a regular GM would be just fine for shirou.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:02 PM
I think a ground type would suit(excuse the unintentional pun) him better because it looks more rugged and robust.

Bloble
July 2nd, 2011, 08:03 PM
Why not give him the original Gundam? It's probably crap compared to the later ones, but it's a good place to start off, plus he's the main character. Or were you planning on having Gilgamesh pilot it?

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:04 PM
Gil would have the Rx-78-1 (painted gold of course) rather than the 78-2 (the Gundam we know as papa bot).
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msv/rx-78-1.jpg
Rx-78-1

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Actually... is there a 78-1?

I thought that was Fanon?

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:09 PM
Look at above post for official art. It came out with the official Mobie Suit Variation stuff, it is most certainly not fanon.

I know the -1 units were later converted to the -2 ones, but Gil would have it in the GoB simply because.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
Oh... I see now.

Sheesh, I first heard of the 78-1 from a Fan fic of MSG, but to think it's real...

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:13 PM
It is quite real...well as real as ink on paper but you know what I mean.

Random fact: Some of the (usually ugly) suits from the MSV later appeared in ZZ Gundam.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
Really?

Wow... didn't know that one.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
gundam doesn't fit Shirou's feel and besides that it either turns into a throw away suit (as the updates to gundam are new type after a certain point) or designates one character as a chump or totally minor

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Hmm...

So, what do we do about the Mobile Suit idea for Shirou, then?

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Really?

Wow... didn't know that one.
Yes, this horrid thing for example.
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/zz/msm-04n.jpg
The Agguguy.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
Ugh...

Tell me that was with Zeon or whatever group runs Side 3 at that point.

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 08:19 PM
So, what do we do about the Mobile Suit idea for Shirou, then?

the GM works

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:20 PM
Ah, good, lantz.

Alulim
Ugh...

Tell me that was with Zeon or whatever group runs Side 3 at that point.If I remember correctly it was with the Neo-Zeon guys...haven't seen ZZ for years so I could be wrong. It certainly was not on Judau's side, that's for sure.

the GM worksBut it only has one beam saber while the ground type has two...meh. Either one is fine really.

Xamusel
Oh?

-_-'

Should've seen that coming.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:23 PM
ZZ wasn't my favorite so I don't remember everything from it as easily as from something that is, like 08th MS Team.

Bloble
July 2nd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Maybe once he turns badass enough he could get it modified so that it uses two beam sabers, one black and one white, and that he can throw them as boomerangs.
And don't tell me it isn't possible, because I know there's tons of colours for beams, from red to pink to freaking green, so black and white shouldn't be that hard to do as well.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:25 PM
Uh, Bloble, I think it's not possible to use them as boomerangs.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:26 PM
Rule of Cool says otherwise...sadly not really.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:27 PM
So, in other words, the Rule of Cool is in Gundam?

DAMMIT!!

lantzblades
July 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
And don't tell me it isn't possible

it isn't possible to use them as boomerangs. black and white can't be done as beam sabers unfortunately

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM

*phew* That was close.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:33 PM
It is not in Gundam.

Though the saber handles could be in black and white.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
...Maybe.

Hey, what do you know, this is making me want to do that Fate route-GS-Star Wars crossover real bad.

Bloble
July 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
B-But Rule of Cool!

Oh wait, Gundam isn't a super robot series, it's a real robot series...
Well could he at least get it modified? I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to customize it and add a second beam saber.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:39 PM
He could also have them curved like the Gelgoog's beam sword-thing.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:40 PM
Uh...

True.

Bloble
July 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
So are there ANY super robots in the Gundam-verse, or any robots that are at least close (G-Gundam doesn't count)? After all, we need something for the final bosses to use...

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:44 PM
Gundam Mark IV...ridiculously powerful monster. Only shows up in a side-story, but still is an absolute terror.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2087/1883604003_f4cc7b04d8.jpg?v=0

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:44 PM
Actually... I doubt it.

EDIT: Wait, seriously?

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Mark V would be even worse, only if it had the right pilot though.
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/sentinel/orx-013.jpg

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:47 PM
No... way...

Seriously?

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Also added a picture of the Mark IV "Siren".

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Uh-oh...

That's seriously bad news.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Though know that they were only absurdly powerful for their age, compared to others of a later era they might not handle up.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Oh... I see now.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Technology always progresses, so there is no one 'super enemy' that will be always greater than all.

Xamusel
July 2nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
True...

This reminds me of a friend of mine who would rather live with the chimpanzee's... quite true, too.

Bloble
July 2nd, 2011, 09:13 PM
Actually, what about the Turn A Gundam? In Super Robot Wars it has the Moonlight Butterfly attack, which is hax, and it can repair itself. I also remember it somehow causing Armageddon. Would it be usable? Would it qualify as a super robot?
If so, I recommend it going to Berserker, cause in the game it also has this awesome chain hammer, and the Self Repair is similar to God Hand.

Alulim
July 2nd, 2011, 09:16 PM
There is that...Turn A is ridiculously strong compared to everything else if utilized properly, even without the Moonlight Butterfly.

lantzblades
July 3rd, 2011, 07:09 AM
I think berserker ought to be piloting a mobile armour or maybe psycho gundam with Ilya actually it fits

lantzblades
July 3rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
alright well I'm about to update the front page. the ms thus far as starters are

Saber -Leo
Shirou -GM
Sakura -Wing Gundam
Taiga-Master gundam

anyone have a problem with these ideas before i update?

DreamsRequiem
July 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
GM?

lantzblades
July 3rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
yes, GM the mass produced suit modeled after gundam RX 78

DreamsRequiem
July 3rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Gundam Mark II?

lantzblades
July 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
no the GM look it up on gundam wiki. they're a mobile suit made to combat the Zaku mk 2 they are a lesser version of gundam.

ok with the pervious suits decided we still have Archer,rin,caster,assassin, berserker,Illya Lancer,Bazzet and rider to deal with. ideas for suits?

Alulim
July 3rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
Bazzett should have Gundam Maxter...despite its American origins.

Bloble
July 3rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Give assassin the DeathScythe. I think it's the one from Gundam Wing.

Alulim
July 3rd, 2011, 01:33 PM
True Assassin yes, but I think Kojiro needs Astray Red Frame with its katana-style heat shotel.

Bloble
July 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
And now I've got a really weird Idea. Could we give Caster the Heavyarms from Gundam Wing but painted blue and purple? I'm only asking 'cus it has that attack where it fires with its entire body which is similar to what caster can do.

lantzblades
July 3rd, 2011, 01:46 PM
Bazzett should have Gundam Maxter...despite its American origins.

being completely honest that would make her a bit useless.

Give assassin the DeathScythe. I think it's the one from Gundam Wing.

there's a debate raging in my head about who should get that one. i've been thinking Rider maybe.

True Assassin yes, but I think Kojiro needs Astray Red Frame with its katana-style heat shotel.

isn't astray from seed?

nd now I've got a really weird Idea. Could we give Caster the Heavyarms from Gundam Wing but painted blue and purple? I'm only asking 'cus it has that attack where it fires with its entire body which is similar to what caster can do.

...actually given that it has a mass produced variant called serpent it would fit caster pretty well

Alulim
July 3rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
isn't astray from seed?One of the few things from that series that I even accept. It runs on battery power so it cannot leave its 'home' for very long, perfect for Fake Assassin and his gate troubles.

Plus it lacks that phase shift armor shit.

Mike1984
July 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
there's a debate raging in my head about who should get that one. i've been thinking Rider maybe.

I think it fits Rider better than Fake Assassin (who, remember, is canonically stuck in one place).

lantzblades
July 3rd, 2011, 01:59 PM
One of the few things from that series that I even accept. It runs on battery power so it cannot leave its 'home' for very long, perfect for Fake Assassin and his gate troubles.

i'll be honest i don't accept seed. i can't in any form. if you wanted a parallel then have Assassin use mobile armour like big zam and cut out seed

I think it fits Rider better than Fake Assassin (who, remember, is canonically stuck in one place).

it does although there's a whole idea i have regarding Rider now since i realized that she's the group's masked character. so i can't be certain of what suit she should get.

Alulim
July 3rd, 2011, 02:02 PM
i'll be honest i don't accept seed. i can't in any form. if you wanted a parallel then have Assassin use mobile armour like big zam and cut out seedAbsolutely understandable, I just was thinking since it had a katana it might work. I really don't think a mobile armor would suit him, he needs something with lots of mobility...give him the Gebera Tetra.

Gundam Meister
July 3rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
What about giving Fake Assassin the Masurao http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GNX-U02X_Masurao

Alulim
July 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Possibly, or you could go with the Dynasty Warriors Gundam exclusives.

Gundam Meister
July 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
What about giving Shinji the http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GN-005_Gundam_Virtue

Alulim
July 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
I think we are aiming for the Universal Century stuff more than 00.

Give him the Blue Destiny Unit 1 (the one with the GM head), it will give him all kinds of troubles and awesome. And no, just because it has destiny in its name doesn't mean it comes from seed.
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/bluedestiny/rx-79bd-1.htm

lantzblades
July 3rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
he needs something with lots of mobility...give him the Gebera Tetra.

actually i think assassin need a funnel suit like NU Gundam or such although for the time being i was thinking as a starter the Gouf custom

as for Shinji I have plans for him though i can't say what.

Alulim
July 3rd, 2011, 03:01 PM
Start Assassin off in a Kampfer rather, it works.

lantzblades
July 3rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
well i'm torn, I kinda want some kind of progression that mirrors the one he had in life. that being just being a hard worker and really awesome at his craft

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 10:53 AM
ok i update the front page as to the starting mobilesuits for some of the characters you were right Alilim that suit works perfectly for kojiro

we've covered Sakura,saber,Shirou,caster,assassin and Taiga

that' still leaves Kirei,gilgamesh, Rider, Archer,Lancer,Rin,Bazzet, Illya,Berserker, Kuzuki,Ayako, the track girls, Caren and Shinji. while shinji's suit is up for debate he's not to be the target of gags

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM
At one point Xamel would be interesting for Berserker...

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 12:55 PM
At one point Xamel would be interesting for Berserker...

well with Berserker and Illya I see them as pilots of mobile Armour rather then suits. otherwise I can't see shirou letting Illya in combat. besides that it keeps them together. so the question would be which mobile armour?

as for the others suggestions are welcome as i have only vague ideas.

Rider is the masked character so i want to do something ridiculously awesome and bad ass with her. like suit swapping or fighting on both sides or such since I feel it wouldn't be a great crossover fic without her being epic.

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 12:59 PM
The Xamel takes two pilots to work...as for Rider, would the Woundwort work?

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/aoz/rx-124-woundwort.htm

(http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/aoz/rx-124-woundwort.htm)

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Or its upgraded form...

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/aoz/rx-124-fighter-adv.htm (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/aoz/rx-124-fighter-adv.htm)

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 01:06 PM
The Xamel takes two pilots to work...as for Rider, would the Woundwort work?

it lacks battle presence (intimidation factor) and close combat ability it has to have at least one of those to work as Illya and zerker suit/armour.

as with Rider her suit isn't exactly what i'm worried about. actually are there any suit that have a disguise function?

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 01:08 PM
None that I can think of off the top of my head (that isn't that one thing from seed)

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 01:16 PM
None that I can think of off the top of my head (that isn't that one thing from seed)

dang, well death scythe should work then, now what about the other like Rin and so on?

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Start Rin off in a GM Custom or something...

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Start Rin off in a GM Custom or something...

well like Sakura I see her joining up later so that may well too weak for the current battle climate

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Ah, lets see...Give Sakura the Gaplant TR-5

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/aoz/orx-005.htm

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Ah, lets see...Give Sakura the Gaplant TR-5

the characters with already decided suits are on the front page. Sakura's already there with wing gundam al

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Ah, forgot about that, Give Rin that one instead.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 02:18 PM
well we could i guess but it doesn't really fit Rin, I mean she a technophobe so giving her a transforming fighter seems off as for Archer and Lancer The Mercurius and the vayeate respectively was an idea i had

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Those suit those two just fine, though obviously change the name of the weapons to match the heroes.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 02:43 PM
ok well I added Rider,Archer and lancer to the page one confirmed list. Rin I think should start out with a simple suit. like with Gundam or such. Kirei has to have an awesome suit and Bazzet needs a good one as well.

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Kirei should have the Grand Zeong Or the Unicorn Banshee

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/unicorn/rx-0-banshee.htm

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/mooncrisis/grandzeong.htm

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 03:20 PM
do me a favour and link from the gundam wikia, they have stat blocks and a better organization system for info.

as for kirei having a zeong, no al the zeong's are straight up goofy and grand doesn't have a stat bloc, as for banshee well that's not really a counter to shirou, is it? and that is what Kirei is after all

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 03:21 PM
If Shirou gets the normal Unicorn it would be...

I prefer mahq since they have more...mechas listed than the wikia.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 03:25 PM
If Shirou gets the normal Unicorn it would be...

Unicorn doesn't fit I was giving him god gundam as his final suit

I prefer mahq since they have more...mechas listed than the wikia.

they do but the background and text are harder to read\

what do you think of giving Rin RX 78?

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I think that is fine, just reference her jewel magecraft somewhere.

Kirei gets Gundam Heaven's Sword.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I think that is fine, just reference her jewel magecraft somewhere.

just make her use the hyper bazooka then it' about the only way possible

Kirei gets Gundam Heaven's Sword.

isn't it easier to give him the dark gundam instead?

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Angra Mainyu gets the Dark Gundam, doesn't it? The Heaven's Sword name suits Kirei in an ironic twist.

Also Kirei eventually gets the Grand Master Gundam.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Angra Mainyu gets the Dark Gundam, doesn't it?

no that would be predictable and boring

The Heaven's Sword name suits Kirei in an ironic twist.

name yes, suit no. it's a lame ass bird thing Kirei would rock a way cooler suit then that thing

Also Kirei eventually gets the Grand Master Gundam.

grand master has a mutant gundam created from the data of four others and DG cells, it's again too predictable and it also requires me to resign Taiga to death, not cool man.

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Ouch...

Not fun, right?

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Ah, forgot about Taiga...

Turn X possibly for Kirei...? Not exactly the opposite of Shirou's but...

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Uh-oh... not fun if Kirei has a Mobile Suit...

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Of course he is going to have a mobile suit...just not sure which.

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Ah...

I think.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Uh-oh... not fun if Kirei has a Mobile Suit...

given the current lay out of MS actually Kirei won't be an epic threat

Turn X possibly for Kirei...? Not exactly the opposite of Shirou's but...

it doesn't have enough.....psycho gundam. that's perfect don't you think?

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I would think it would be too large and slow, but okay. The Psycho Gundam Mark II would suit him better.

Turn X in my opinion is more dangerous though...

Bloble
July 4th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Doesn't the Turn X have a special scar on its chest from the Turn A? We could flub that a bit and change it to a scar from whatever Gundam Shirou uses, or one that Kiritsugu used, if he used one at all.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I would think it would be too large and slow, but okay. The Psycho Gundam Mark II would suit him better.

either or honestly. it's simply that psycho has power and battle presence. we could hand him the O instead

Turn X in my opinion is more dangerous though...

it's a puppeteer suit and it looks dumb.

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 04:51 PM
The O works, yes it does indeed.

But I like the Turn X...

Bloble
July 4th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Guys, I think Turn X could actually suit Kotomine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktfz_kS_1a0

See, the Shining Finger could be like Kyrie Elesion, and the creepy music with moaning matches Kotomine as well!

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 05:18 PM
The O works, yes it does indeed.

ok well that's been updated to match now there are the last few characters left like Ayako the track girls,Bazzet and so on.

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Oh? What do we do with them, anyway?

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Oh? What do we do with them, anyway?

all the character wind up piloting at one point. in this case we're trying to decide what suits they should start with. I get the feeling the track girls should be an ace squad like the tri stars or such. Bazzet needs a close combat suit and as for Ayako i'm not sure

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Hmm... what about the Dynames for Ayako?

Cruor
July 4th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Nah, Crossbone Gundam for Ayako. It's got a crossbow.

Doesn't the Turn X have a special scar on its chest from the Turn A?
It has a scar that glows red whenever Turn A is near. However that works.

it's a puppeteer suit and it looks dumb.
oh no u didn't

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Okay, that makes better sense, about the Crossbone Gundam.

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 06:14 PM
oh no u didn'tIndeed he did, he hit me where it hurt.

Still think it suits Kotomine...

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Uh...

I'll refrain from commenting.

ringlhach
July 4th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Sounds like there's another series for you to watch. I'll admit, the constant plotline redux of the Gundam franchise doesn't give me pleasant feelings of nostalgia, but some of the individual series were cool. I'll follow this- but don't expect anything out of me.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 4th, 2011, 06:18 PM
I approve of Crossbone Gundam.

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I'll have to catch up on the Gundam stuff, a LOT more than I'd like.

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I approve of Crossbone Gundam.Indeed.

Bloble
July 4th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I was thinking of watching a Gundam series, but the only thing from Gundam I've seen are the first two episodes of Wing, and the first ten of Seed, both of which were pretty disappointing.
As people with experience in Gundam, what series do you recommend for someone new like me?

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 06:28 PM
the Dynames for Ayako?

seems to me that it would be easier to give her the GM sniper unit rather then a gundam and thus draft her into the story immediately

Crossbone Gundam

it's a bit too equipment heavy to include in the story right away meaning that Ayako would be out of the story for awhile as a civive or a helper character

oh no u didn't

i'm not saying it's a bad suit. I'm saying i think it looks dumb. but while we're on the subject it plays like shit in the DWG games full stop.

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM
but while we're on the subject it plays like shit in the DWG games full stop.Its actually the suit I am best at in DWG 2...oh well.

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Good point about the Sniper GM unit, lantz, I forgot about that.

Also, Bloble, I'd recommend Gundam 00 for now... and it's second season setup.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I was thinking of watching a Gundam series, but the only thing from Gundam I've seen are the first two episodes of Wing, and the first ten of Seed, both of which were pretty disappointing.
As people with experience in Gundam, what series do you recommend for someone new like me?

stick with wing. honestly it gets fantastic after the first few episodes

I approve of Crossbone Gundam.

gundam versus time. would you rather she be included sooner or later IRUN?

Its actually the suit I am best at in DWG 2...oh well.

anyone can be good with any suit al. it's about general performance and to that extent turn X is crap. the curve is kinda fucked by wing zero and now unicorn in 3 but still.

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Err...

What about my suggestion?

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 06:48 PM
@Lantz, I wouldn't know much about 3, I lack a PS3.

I do wonder who this would suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXsh6bMd4J4&feature=related

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Err...

What about my suggestion?

which about the series or the gundam?

all the DW gundam games are on ps3

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
There is an adaption of DWG2 on the PS2.

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I was referring to the show.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 07:03 PM
There is an adaption of DWG2 on the PS2.

i see

I was referring to the show.

I never invalidated your choice I just gave my own recommendation based on the fact that he said a beginning fan

ok so is everyone cool with the track girls being in a three man team of Virgo's, Ayako starting in a GM sniper?

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 07:05 PM
What would Gilgamesh have...other than his flagship the Vimana. (not sure what type it would be)

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 07:10 PM
What would Gilgamesh have...other than his flagship the Vimana. (not sure what type it would be)

Gilgamesh is going to have an original mobile suit. something I came up with awhile back that is ridiculous but fits him to a T

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Awesome, he should also have a large-scale ship called the Vimana. Be it original or a gold-colored version of another.

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Okay, that works, lantz.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 07:38 PM
alright updated for Ayako and the track girls. the others are still up for debate. particularly Kuzuki, Illya and berserker

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Hmm... what MA's are available for the duo of Ilya and Berserker?

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I always liked the Val Varo...
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/0083/ma-06.htm

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Hmm...

I see.

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 08:01 PM
It is a close combat type Mobile Armor so...

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 08:18 PM
well it doesn't HAVE to be a mobile armour it's just that it has to be a two pilot mobile suit.

Xamusel
July 4th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Oh...

*facepalm*

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 09:07 PM
You can always alter a suit to fit two pilots if necessary.

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 09:15 PM
You can always alter a suit to fit two pilots if necessary.

no there's a whole point to keeping with cannon for the time being al. it's a matter of suspension of disbelief given the premise of the logic of the story. so while it could be modified in story there would have to be some inclination to do so present.

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Ah, I see then. There are a limited amount of suits with seats for two people (that aren't modified training types)...in fact I think one could count them on a single hand.

Then there are those weird suits from Turn A, but the WaD and FLAT don't really count in my mind.

Cruor
July 4th, 2011, 10:22 PM

I do wonder who this would suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXsh6bMd4J4&feature=related

If it's the Gundam X/XX then it would suit Archer.[/didn't look at video and just saw/read that it was a scene from Gundam X]

Actually, S Gundam/Superior Gundam might be a great idea for people with Independent Action.

Alulim
July 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Archer is already taken unfortunately, lets see who else a giant microwave beam cannon would suit...

lantzblades
July 4th, 2011, 10:26 PM
If it's the Gundam X/XX then it would suit Archer.

Archer's MS has already been decided as the Mercurius

Ah, I see then. There are a limited amount of suits with seats for two people (that aren't modified training types)...in fact I think one could count them on a single hand.

yes that is a bit of an issue here.

Cruor
July 4th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I know. He just asked who is someone good for Gundam X/XX and I said Archer would probably fit the best with his Caladbolg II and whatnot.

lantzblades
July 5th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I know. He just asked who is someone good for Gundam X/XX and I said Archer would probably fit the best with his Caladbolg II and whatnot.

well Gundam X requires a big story shift to make available Cruor the fate crew are on earth fighting space forces and a gundam whose major weapon is reliant on the moon's solar collectors for it to work is seriously a bad idea when you don't control the territory. I think story wise shinji having X wouldn't be a bad idea but the earth forces having it make on sense.

Kuzuki should get some kind of melee defensive suit but i'm not sure which.

lantzblades
July 5th, 2011, 06:14 PM
alright well I've decide that since Kuzuki and Berserker are such a problem they'll be casualties of war driving Caster and Illya to fight (meaning Illya can get a MS of her very own not shackled by berserker's presence)

after that I think everyone will have an MS and i can get to work.

Xamusel
July 5th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Ah... that's good, lantz, do something like that!

Bloble
July 5th, 2011, 06:28 PM
It would've been tough to justify a half insane Hercules knowing how to pilot an extremely technologically advanced machine anyway.

lantzblades
July 5th, 2011, 06:48 PM
not the question is what suit should we give Illya?

Xamusel
July 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hmm...

What about the Kyrios?

Alulim
July 5th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I think that would be for later...the RX-78GP03S Gundam "Dendrobium Stamen" would suit her I think.

Then she also has the option to power up with the "Orchis".

Xamusel
July 5th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Oh?

Interesting...

However, it's still up to lantz on the subject, so he'll say.

Alulim
July 5th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Just saying I think Ilya would be good in it, or from a different angle the Quin Mantha if she is made a cyber-newtype or something.

Berserker and the Dooben-Wolf would be nice.

Xamusel
July 5th, 2011, 08:04 PM
But isn't Berserker supposed to be dead or something (according to lantz)?

Alulim
July 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Ah, missed that part...

Xamusel
July 5th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Glad you caught it.

Alulim
July 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Also you could stick Assassin in Mandala Gundam if you lack any other ideas for him. The pilot of it in the series acts as an assassin so...

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/g/gf13-044nnp.htm

Xamusel
July 5th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Which one's the Mandala Gundam? Is that from G-Gundam?

Alulim
July 5th, 2011, 08:36 PM
It is indeed from G Gundam, the link to a picture of it is in the previous post.

Xamusel
July 5th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Fortunately, I saw it before you replied, so I'm happy with what I saw being from G-Gundam.