PDA

View Full Version : Fan Visual Novel Project. (Warning Ilya Route)

Basis104
July 6th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Hi guys I've posted here before with some of my older visual novels but can't seem to find them anymore.

This is one of my more serious works and I plan on working more on it since I'm currently on holiday and have some spare time to kill.

Well without further ado, the great non-existent Ilya Route.

http://visualnoveldai.com/visualnovels/denial-of-nothingness

(http://visualnoveldai.com/visualnovels/denial-of-nothingness)Actually I think I do remember posting this here before. Some of you might remember it lol.

You might need to run it in either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. I've heard from the admin that Firefox tend to have some problem loading the visual novel.

Oh and before any of you guys ask, yes the VN finishes at the Intermission End slide with mini Saber in the background. That's because I haven't added any new contents on it past that.

I'm always open to criticisms and opinions so if you would like to voice your opinions on what needs fixing (and what I'm doing wrong?) and what you would like to see in the future please don't hesitate to leave a comment here.

I hope you enjoy it~! ^^

DarkMAN
July 6th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Illya Route?! Why when I final decide to do some work when I get home, something else needs to pop up and distract me?

On another note, I'm not sure and I'm wondering if this shouldn't go to the doujin projects than pure fanfiction.

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Sounds awesome, I'll need to look at is sometime soon~

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 10:59 AM
You have got to be kidding me... -_-

Tobias
Ill have to have a look when this is finished.

Kratosirving
Not bad, although there are quite a few grammatical errors and the like, but that's to be expected. I enjoyed reading that bit. :D

Kratosirving
July 6th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Considering it's been about 6-7 months since he posted that, that may be a good wait, rapebird.

Tobias
July 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
This is one of my more serious works and I plan on working more on it since I'm currently on holiday and have some spare time to kill.

?

Kotonoha
July 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM
You have got to be kidding me... -_-

Hmmmm?

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Hmmmm?
I'm not even going to start. -_-

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
The cheese aliens have abducted you?

Basis104
July 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Ill have to have a look when this is finished.

Lol that might take a whole year to tell you the truth xD I would probably suggest to read it on each big updates ^^;;;;;

Kotonoha
July 6th, 2011, 11:10 AM
@Keyne
If you posted in the thread you must have something to say, c'mon.

Tobias
July 6th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Keyne doesnt like older women.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 11:14 AM
@Keyne
If you posted in the thread you must have something to say, c'mon.
The least I can say is that I don't like this one bit.

DreamsRequiem
July 6th, 2011, 11:15 AM
....why?

Tobias
July 6th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Lol that might take a whole year to tell you the truth xD I would probably suggest to read it on each big updates ^^;;;;;

I'll just be patiant. some things I prefer to wait till they are complete on. doing the same with this giant ass akiha fic the name of which I cant remember immediately off hand.

Kotonoha
July 6th, 2011, 11:16 AM

y tho

Sure, it could use some grammar editing, but not bad from what I've read so far.

Basis104
July 6th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Err... thanks I guess though if I may ask, what didn't you like about it?

Tobias
July 6th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I think keyne just hates the thought of romancing ilya.

thus I say, he doesnt like older woman.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I think keyne just hates the thought of romancing ilya.

thus I say, he doesnt like older woman.
Tobias, you know who I like and you should also know that your point kind of bites you in the ass. :3

Err... thanks I guess though if I may ask, what didn't you like about it?
The plot so far. In all honesty, I'd choose a bad end over the third option.

Erlkonig
July 6th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Ha, Keyne mad

Kotonoha
July 6th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Okay, I finished reading what's there.

I'm fairly certain Leysritt cannot turn into a "shadow creature", nor does she have demon blood, nor was she created to fight Servants.

Other than that, it was pretty good.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Ha, Keyne mad
Hurr '3'

Tobias
July 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
nor was she created to fight Servants.

worth mentioning she actually does have the capacity to fight on servant level

Komrade Kwestions
July 6th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Loved it, and how close you were able to match the style of Nasu/Mirror Moon's writing. And everyone loves Shirou when he's being heroic, helpless, and noble, horribly embarrassed at what he's saying at the end. Wish ya well on this project!

Kotonoha
July 6th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I agree, the writing style did match FSN pretty well. My only complaint there is that a lot of commas were left out, so there were a lot of run-on sentences which detracts from the style a bit.

worth mentioning she actually does have the capacity to fight on servant level

She does, it's just that in the fic Sella says "Leysritt was created to fight Servants" which isn't true, she was created for the whole Dress of Heaven thing.

I don't really blame people for getting Liz wrong a lot in fics though, since most of the info on her is in Hollow. (There's a whole scene where Sella infodumps on Shirou about Liz.)

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Loved it, and how close you were able to match the style of Nasu/Mirror Moon's writing. And everyone loves Shirou when he's being heroic, helpless, and noble, horribly embarrassed at what he's saying at the end. Wish ya well on this project!
But he already had someone to protect and knew what had to be done, but this guy went just "ah, no, sorry, sudden change of plans. I pick you.". You have to be fucking kidding me.

Basis104
July 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I admit few things there are additional fictional contents. We know so little about Ilya's maids so I thought it might be fun to try something creative with them. Leysritt did not turn into a shadow creature, that thing is something Sella created, I've given her some magical abilities in the vn that was never seen in the real vn and considering she never was in any situation to show whether she had any combat potentials I didn't see why I shouldn't try it. I mean if there was a image of her with a weapon on hand I might have just made her into a combat maid like Leysritt lol. Its just one of those things that I had to work around with what images I had available. =D

@Keyne

Mmm that's a very vague analysis. Thanks for giving it a try though and I hope you'll find a fanfic you'll like elsewhere.

Erlkonig
July 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Don't worry, he is just slightly frustrated. Let him go and play his Fate route again and he'll be back in a much better mood :3

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Don't worry, he is just slightly frustrated. Let him go and play his Fate route again and he'll be back in a much better mood :3
Huuuurr '3'

Erlkonig
July 6th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Huuuurr '3'

Herp derp

Basis104
July 6th, 2011, 11:57 AM
But he already had someone to protect and knew what had to be done, but this guy went just "ah, no, sorry, sudden change of plans. I pick you.". You have to be fucking kidding me.

In my defense I would say Shirou is the type of person who doesn't want to have to see people get hurt if he could help it. He's very selfless and tries to protect even the ones who meant him harm (Shinji) which is the quality I wanted to preserve in the fictional vn. As for the person he wanted to protect, he sided with the Einzberns to save Saber(Fate). Unless you meant Tohsaka (UBW?) whose fate is uncertain at this time of the plot since I've yet to update more of it. I understand your frustration and am sorry if you strongly felt repulsed by my works, I was hoping the warning would have been sufficient to filter out readers who wanted to read a fictional Ilya route from those who found it distasteful. I guess the only advice I can give at this point is not to read the later updates if the plot is causing you so much frustrations.

Thanks again for the honest critique.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 12:10 PM
He sided with Tohsaka to defeat Berserker. In this moment, he's practically betrayed Tohsaka, who tutored him and helped him, not to mention that she trusted him. Also, he'll lose much respect from Saber. Betrayal is not what a hero does. That I cannot forgive. If I were Rin, in the very moment I'd see that, I'd leave the castle.

Kotonoha
July 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Keyne is the Mike of Saber.

EnigmaticFellow
July 6th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Keyne is the Mike of Saber.

True, but he isn't as threatening as him due to the fact that he doesn't have anything that matches up to the NP, Wall of Sakura.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
True, but he isn't as threatening as him due to the fact that he doesn't have anything that matches up to the NP, Wall of Sakura.
I have the Soil of Genesis (Keyne version), though.

DreamsRequiem
July 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Just as TheSpy is the Mike of Sakura!hate.

Techlet
July 6th, 2011, 12:18 PM

The Ever Distant Cold Shoulder is pretty effective in its own right.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 6th, 2011, 12:20 PM
It's not loading for me.

This is making me sad...

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Ah, that is too bad.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 6th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Do I need to be a membRAR or something like that? I'm obligated to read this. ;~;

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Do I need to be a membRAR or something like that? I'm obligated to read this. ;~;
What browser are you using? I have Firefox and it went smoothly... bleh.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Fething Internet Explorer 8.

Feth it to the hellish warp and back!

Thanks Keyne, I'll try that and see if things work out better. Be back with the results soon.

Update:
Okay, now it's working fine. Time to git r dun.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Well, I guess you'll like it. I did not.

Kotonoha
July 6th, 2011, 02:04 PM
We get it already, Keyne. Cut it out.

Mike1984
July 6th, 2011, 02:13 PM
We get it already, Keyne. Cut it out.

So, does Saber die in this, then...?

And, before I play it, am I likely to respond to it in much the same way as Keyne? If so, then I'll save everyone the argument....

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 02:16 PM

And, before I play it, am I likely to respond to it in much the same way as Keyne? If so, then I'll save everyone the argument....
Not yet, but I don't like where that fic is going as for now.

Kotonoha
July 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM

No. It's just that scene from Fate route where Shirou is kidnapped by Illya, then there's an interlude with Rin/Saber/Archer, and that's all there is so far.

He's mad because it's Fate route.

Erlkonig
July 6th, 2011, 02:23 PM

I am very tempted to post what could possibly be some very offensive trolling, but since this isn't 7th I'll refrain from doing so.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I am very tempted to post what could possibly be some very offensive trolling, but since this isn't 7th I'll refrain from doing so.
Do it. Do it now. 'c'

Mike1984
July 6th, 2011, 02:27 PM

Why not? I don't think Saber is going to end up dead (Rin, on the other hand...).

No. It's just that scene from Fate route where Shirou is kidnapped by Illya, then there's an interlude with Rin/Saber/Archer, and that's all there is so far.

Yeah, I watched it.

He's mad because it's Fate route.

No, it's not, it's an Ilya route....

Erlkonig
July 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
No, it's not, it's an Ilya route....

Mike be trollin' hard.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Why not? I don't think Saber is going to end up dead (Rin, on the other hand...).
There's more to this than you think.

Erlkonig
July 6th, 2011, 02:44 PM
There's more to this than you think.

Should we get our Tinfoil Hats? Are the aliens going to kill Saber? Are they going to turn her into a mindless Counter Guardian? Will they probe her with tentacles?

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Should we get our Tinfoil Hats? Are the aliens going to kill Saber? Are they going to turn her into a mindless Counter Guardian? Will they probe her with tentacles?
Hurr '3'

DarkMAN
July 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Alright, I read through it.
So... I have to admit that Shirou making a promise like that with Illya while he's already allied with Rin against Berserker sounds a bit ridiculous to me. I think there should be some stronger reason to ally with her.
Also I'm not sure if Saber would run off without a word like that, leaving Rin and Archer who were kinda in a pinch there.

VelspertheCat
July 6th, 2011, 05:16 PM

I vote for Shirou to probe her with tentacles.

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Must be done.

Basis104
July 6th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the helpful comments and critiques everyone.

However I'd like to tell you all to keep the spams to a minimum. Posting why you didn't like it for 6 pages seems like an unnecessary harassment than a helpful criticism.

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Indeed.:neco_arc:

ItsaRandomUsername
July 6th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Read it finally.

To me, Shirou isn't really the kind of guy who would deliberately betray Tohsaka. If anything, he seems like he wants to become allies with everyone if he can help it/they are actually rather decent people under the surface. I never interpretted what he did as a betrayal for a second, because Shirou is indeed rather selfless. Illya tried to kill him in the past, but now she's offering a something of a truce of sorts, and Shirou alters the deal so that way it's better for him. Heck, in UBW he and Rin tried to team up with Illya in spite of her attacking them in the first place.
There's no denying his decision was rather impulsive, though. Perhaps you should address that later on, and utilize that as a plot element. That's my suggestion: roll with it.

Anyway, I wish you well on this project, and I will indeed keep reading this because the Illya fan in me demands it. Kudos.

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I did find his turning against Rin quite odd, Shirou doesn't really have the capacity to so something like that. Well, at this point in time...we all know how he might end up in the future.

Basis104
July 7th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Read it finally.

To me, Shirou isn't really the kind of guy who would deliberately betray Tohsaka. If anything, he seems like he wants to become allies with everyone if he can help it/they are actually rather decent people under the surface. I never interpretted what he did as a betrayal for a second, because Shirou is indeed rather selfless. Illya tried to kill him in the past, but now she's offering a something of a truce of sorts, and Shirou alters the deal so that way it's better for him. Heck, in UBW he and Rin tried to team up with Illya in spite of her attacking them in the first place.
There's no denying his decision was rather impulsive, though. Perhaps you should address that later on, and utilize that as a plot element. That's my suggestion: roll with it.

Anyway, I wish you well on this project, and I will indeed keep reading this because the Illya fan in me demands it. Kudos.

Thanks! I would be thrilled to make some more for you. And again thanks to everyone who pointed out the betrayal part. I do intend on doing something about it in the next update so stay tuned! =D

Alulim
July 7th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Will do, approximately when do you think you will have it up?

Keyne
July 7th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Read it finally.

Then tell me, Irun, what will Tohsaka feel when she learns about this? What will Saber think about this? Because I have a feeling that neither will just smile and give a thumbs-up. You say that Shirou is rather selfless, but in canon he refused (if you play correctly) quite frankly. He had someone to return to and his mind was already made up.

Alulim
July 7th, 2011, 04:02 AM
This is a fan work, things don't always have to make 100% sense in one. We accept that you don't like this...but you don't have to discourage the author.

Keyne
July 7th, 2011, 04:16 AM
This is a fan work, things don't always have to make 100% sense in one. We accept that you don't like this...but you don't have to discourage the author.
The problem is that you don't make a route in the middle of another, because it plainly makes no sense at all.

Alulim
July 7th, 2011, 04:17 AM
But as this is only using existing CG's from the VN it would be too difficult to do otherwise.

If it were a written story your point would be valid, and make the story useless. But you have much less leeway here with things you can do.

Keyne
July 7th, 2011, 04:20 AM
But as this is only using existing CG's from the VN it would be too difficult to do otherwise.

If it were a written story your point would be valid, and make the story useless. But you have much less leeway here with things you can do.
It's still valid. All you need to use are the sprites, backgrounds and non-event cgs.

Alulim
July 7th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Too tired to argue...Xam'd causing my brain to twist into knots...bah, think what you want. You'll do so anyhow.

Basis104
July 7th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Then tell me, Irun, what will Tohsaka feel when she learns about this? What will Saber think about this? Because I have a feeling that neither will just smile and give a thumbs-up. You say that Shirou is rather selfless, but in canon he refused (if you play correctly) quite frankly. He had someone to return to and his mind was already made up.

I realized you didn't like the fictional story for what it was worth, I think everyone noticed you spamming the thread with your biased opinions but do you really need to harass people on my thread simply for the sake of it? You've voiced your opinion for several pages now so please enough is enough. Hey Keyne I'm asking nicely to simply ignore the thread and don't read it in the future nor reply on it. If you can't listen to my simple request I'll forward the matter to someone who will. So please stop it, I've asked you once I think your old and mature enough for me not to request this of you again.

RoadBuster
July 7th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Keyne, you've made your point, now move on to another thread.

Keyne
July 7th, 2011, 05:15 AM
I think differently than you, therefore I am biased...

Sure, I won't return to this thread. Gool luck.

Basis104
July 7th, 2011, 05:19 AM

Thinking differently is fine but trying to discourage me and opening a full blown argument in the thread is uncalled for. Thank you and good luck finding a fanfic you'll enjoy.

Will do, approximately when do you think you will have it up?

Oh the editor is down at the moment. I'll most likely get in touch with the admin and see if he can get it up and running again. Once it's back up I'll begin working on it ^^;;

Arashi_Leonhart
July 7th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Although maybe Keyne went too far with the comments, ultimately, with this kind of project, you might even want to keep around those kind of thoughts and opinions. People are gonna have a wide range of ideas about your story and not all positive, and, at least for me, knowing what a completely different, biased, or whatever opinion around is helpful and keeps the work honest. Or at least gives insight you might not get otherwise to further improve stuff. I'll shut up now.

Counterguardian
July 7th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Ah yes, I remember this. I rather enjoyed it too.

Not to mention extremely impressed you made this in VISUAL NOVEL form. Hot damn.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 7th, 2011, 05:42 AM
That custom shadow!Leysritt sprite frankly blows me away.

Of course, I'm easily impressed by good spriting, so eh. I still liked that part.

Counterguardian
July 7th, 2011, 05:45 AM
I almost forgot.

Why do you need to warn us it's an Ilya route? It should be a joyous fanfare!

Basis104
July 7th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Although maybe Keyne went too far with the comments, ultimately, with this kind of project, you might even want to keep around those kind of thoughts and opinions. People are gonna have a wide range of ideas about your story and not all positive, and, at least for me, knowing what a completely different, biased, or whatever opinion around is helpful and keeps the work honest. Or at least gives insight you might not get otherwise to further improve stuff. I'll shut up now.

For the most part I don't mind it. But posting the same thing over and over again for 8 pages slowly gets a little bit irritating and less helpful. Mmm but I think the majority of people did voice their opinions rather constructively. Now as an author I'll definitely need to think harder on how to go about writing the next update while reflecting on everyone's thoughts. Theres definitely a way for Shirou to get out of this alive in one piece as he almost always does when theres a holy war/jihad for his affections/attentions/heart/love. I believe in Shirou. lol xDDD

I almost forgot.

Why do you need to warn us it's an Ilya route? It should be a joyous fanfare!

You'd be surprised how much people dislike the idea of having a Ilya route. I was simply trying to warn and filter out the readers so they wouldn't be traumatized by what they read.

Arashi_Leonhart
July 7th, 2011, 05:53 AM
For the most part I don't mind it. But posting the same thing over and over again for 8 pages slowly gets a little bit irritating and less helpful.

I'd generally say eight pages of negativity is still a good thing. Means people are passionate about stuff. Better than half a page of "It's good!" or "it sucks!" and people moving on. Also means people keep bumping the thread up and more exposure. If GB has taught FSN fic readers anything, its that controversy means everyone is gonna try your piece out!

Kotonoha
July 7th, 2011, 08:21 AM

You are biased because you are going "I HAET IT" after reading just the very beginning, based solely on the fact that it takes place in your waifu's route.

That custom shadow!Leysritt sprite frankly blows me away.

Of course, I'm easily impressed by good spriting, so eh. I still liked that part.

It's from Hollow.

Can't remember what scene it was from, I think it was a gag scene where Shirou and Sella thought Liz was a ghost or something.

Alulim
July 7th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Oh the editor is down at the moment. I'll most likely get in touch with the admin and see if he can get it up and running again. Once it's back up I'll begin working on it ^^;; Well I hope it comes back up soon, I will look forward to it with baited breath.

Mike1984
July 7th, 2011, 04:37 PM
You are biased because you are going "I HAET IT" after reading just the very beginning, based solely on the fact that it takes place in your waifu's route.

I think it's a little unfair to attack people who aren't allowed to argue back....

Kotonoha
July 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Not attacking, just pointing out the reason people are mad at him, since he doesn't get it.

He could reply in PM if he really wanted to.

Tobias
July 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
there is a place for making your feelings known and offering constructive criticism. just attacking something because you don't like it and/or wish there was less works like it is just being a cunt.

Basis104
July 7th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Server is down atm incase you were wondering.