PDA

View Full Version : Fiction colab. disscussion and development.

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 06:41 PM
The idea I’ve had as of late floating around in my head was to do a work based in Fuyuki city but broaden it to be more general and include characters from all of the tm trinity (something like those fan books where the characters are in a café but less confined) it occurred then that such a story in the hands of a single person would be unwieldy and biased or lopsided when it came to character inclusion.

As a result I’m looking to find a few people interested in helping me develop this further.

The basic idea is that the story takes place after fate and uses the anime’s circuit transfer instead of sex thus leaving Shirou and Saber close but not unbreakably so. The servants are back via the WTF school of magic and Each character would have their own continuous story (overseen by one of the collaborators) that would interweave into the big story.

I’ll take questions if you have any. I’m hoping this will appeal to a few people.

Saber-Keyne
Ryougi Shiki-Leopardbear
Shirou-Ace
Sakura-Mike
Archer-Elf
Rin-Racinger

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Lantz, not "anime circuit transfer" for Christ's sake, but the circuit transfer from Realta Nua.

How do you plan to work out the setting? It'll be just Fuyuki City?

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Lantz, not "anime circuit transfer" for Christ's sake, but the circuit transfer from Realta Nua.

it happened in both calling it one of the other is semantics bro besides that more people have seen the anime so it's better to cover my bases.

How do you plan to work out the setting? It'll be just Fuyuki City?

for the moment confining it to the city seems best. after the continuity is established we could expand it further out but for control sake fuyuki seems like the best bet.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Do you plan the Emiya House hold to be Hollow Ataraxish? You know, with the girls' love level set on default = 5?

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Do you plan the Emiya House hold to be Hollow Ataraxish? You know, with the girls' love level set on default = 5?

I hadn't planned on it at the start and the girls development in that manner would be up to the fellow colab writers. although obviously Saber would have some connection to him given that it follows fate.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Though, if it's after Fate it means they're in love.

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Well that won't end well.

Mike1984
July 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Seems interesting....

I'd certainly be willing to help with this.

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Though, if it's after Fate it means they're in love.

I'm aware of their feelings being present but I would think there would be a bit of hesitation on both there parts about it. after all saber would certainly feel awkward given the implications of return to life.

Edit: thus i feel that while there could be a chance to follow up on their relation ship that it's up to the colab writers.

Mike1984
July 6th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I hadn't planned on it at the start and the girls development in that manner would be up to the fellow colab writers. although obviously Saber would have some connection to him given that it follows fate.

So, you're saying that there is a bias towards a Saber/Shirou relationship here, due to it following Fate?

Edit: thus i feel that while there could be a chance to follow up on their relation ship that it's up to the colab writers.

Well, it does sound like it's not really totally neutral ground here, though....

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Called it.

Mike1984
July 6th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Well, Lantz did say to me that it would be neutral in nature, but Keyne seems to think otherwise....

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Walls of Text incoming?!

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 07:15 PM
So, you're saying that there is a bias towards a Saber/Shirou relationship here, due to it following Fate?

no, although i be disturbed if she felt nothing for the guy who ripped nerves out to save her life. it's up to the colab writers to discuss

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 07:16 PM
So you mean that Mike and Keyne get to yell at each other to try and work it out.

Keyne
July 6th, 2011, 07:17 PM
The only way to set this on neutral ground is by making a harem, where all love is equal. That's why I asked if this would be a hollow ataraxish kind of thing.

no, although i be disturbed if she felt nothing for the guy who ripped nerves out to save her life. it's up to the colab writers to discuss
Among other things.

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Well, it does sound like it's not really totally neutral ground here, though....

nothing is ever exactly equal but this is neutral it's wholly up to the colab writers to discuss how the individual stories intertwine

So you mean that Mike and Keyne get to yell at each other to try and work it out.

sigh no leo I should hope it doesn't go like that.

The only way to set this on neutral ground is by making a harem, where all love is equal.

absolutely not Keyne. that'll just turn the whole thing into a gag.

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 07:35 PM
So you get control of one character and you all decide the story together?

Sounds like an RP with no GM 0.o

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Sounds like an RP with no GM 0.o

Sounds like... chaos.

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Sounds like... chaos.

Now imagine if TheSpy, Mike, and Keyne were a colabs together.

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! And add Alf, because Tsuki needs representation in that.

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Meep!

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 07:42 PM

Shiki needs to be in this.

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
July 6th, 2011, 07:43 PM

sounds like walls and walls and walls and walls of text

Mike1984
July 6th, 2011, 07:45 PM

Well, true, but then Saber doesn't feel "nothing" for Shirou in UBW or even HF.

sigh no leo I should hope it doesn't go like that.

Well, if you're expecting us to pick which character Shirou should be with out of Saber and Sakura, it almost certainly will, because neither of us have any reason to give ground and we both have equally strong arguments. Neither pairing is more "natural" here, so neither of us have any reason to accept the other's pairing.

That just ain't going to happen.

Keyne I can work with just fine, but TheSpy is a total asshole (and I'm not talking about his opinions of Sakura, either), and there's no way in hell I could collaborate with him. If he were involved, I would not be.

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Keyne I can work with just fine, but TheSpy is a total asshole (and I'm not talking about his opinions of Sakura, either), and there's no way in hell I could collaborate with him. If he were involved, I would not be.

Get Spy in here now! (MASSIVE KIDDING)

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Now we need a devoted Rin/Shirou shipper to make all the heroines evenly represented.

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Well, true, but then Saber doesn't feel "nothing" for Shirou in UBW or even HF.

that's kinda my point. the ties are there but in this case aren't around the pair's necks.

Well, if you're expecting us to pick which character Shirou should be with out of Saber and Sakura, it almost certainly will, because neither of us have any reason to give ground and we both have equally strong arguments. Neither pairing is more "natural" here, so neither of us have any reason to accept the other's pairing.

pushing a pairing would be kind of inappropriate. it should evolve from the indivual stories themselves and how they interact rather then just pushing a pairing non stop.

RacingeR
July 6th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Now we need a devoted Rin/Shirou shipper to make all the heroines evenly represented.

Hi.

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Great, now we gotta convince IRUN to get in on this, and then it's perfect.

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 08:14 PM

alfhelm? i dunno, while i agree tsuki needs representation he and i would have to have a serious talk before we collaborated on anything

Elf
July 6th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I am sad, no one mentioned me.

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM

Doesn't it go without saying you would get Archer?

alfhelm? i dunno, while i agree tsuki needs representation he and i would have to have a serious talk before we collaborated on anything

What do you mean by a serious talk?

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM

I simply assumed you would see the thread and presume yourself welcome, after all you're loved by everybody Elf.

Alulim
July 6th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Elf is here to save the day~

Mike1984
July 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Well, you're hardly likely to have much shipping competition, and indeed you're likely to have quite a lot of help....

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 08:27 PM
What do you mean by a serious talk?

put simply he's got some very odd ideas regarding character perception, behavior and so on and further given his attitude at certain points i'm wary of his ability to work in a group

particularly with me at the head of such a project.

Elf
July 6th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Well, you're hardly likely to have much shipping competition, and indeed you're likely to have quite a lot of help....

I'd doubt that.

There's not a lot of hardcore Rin/Archer shippers around here.

Mike1984
July 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I'd doubt that.

No, but if Rin is with Archer then she's not competing for Shirou....

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I'd doubt that.

hey i am 98% for that pairing

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
No, but if Rin is with Archer then she's not competing for Shirou....

I see what you're trying to do but....

Hi.

Altima of the Gates
July 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Thing is, this is supposed to be a collaboration. And we all have different interpretations on our preferred characters, other characters, and how our characters will view/interact with other characters. It's an ambitious project I will say that.

So whose representing who so far?

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 09:21 PM
So whose representing who so far?

no one has directly confirmed their participation and over sight of a character yet. although there's been some implication that Keyne would be dealing with Saber and Mike might do sakura or rider.

Thing is, this is supposed to be a collaboration. And we all have different interpretations on our character, other characters, and how our characters will view/interact with other characters. It's an ambitious project I will say that.

well obviously it's ambitious. if it wasn't I wouldn't have made my opening statement as i did. I think it can work as most of us are reasonably.

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Can we choose any character we want or are some restricted?

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Can we choose any character we want or are some restricted?

as long as it's within the main three (KnK, tsukihime and FSN) they're ok

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 09:34 PM
So, what exactly would we be doing if we were driving a char?

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I probably shouldn't be saying this, but for the lolz, I claim Shirou.

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 09:40 PM
So, what exactly would we be doing if we were driving a char?

determining the story behind that Character. what they do, where they go and what they do, in a lot of ways it's similar to roleplaying leopard. except that the story at large is decided by the group and the fate's of characters are discussed. since I'm the head I'd be actually doing the writing presumably

I probably shouldn't be saying this, but for the lolz, I claim Shirou.

you trollin ace? or yous seriouz?

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Ryougi dibs, in that case.

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 09:44 PM
you trollin ace? or yous seriouz?

I'm serious, the lolz part comes from the fact I'll be seeing arguments about why Shirou should be with X. Or Shirou wouldn't do Y and would do Z instead because that helps get him together with X.

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I'm serious, the lolz part comes from the fact I'll be seeing arguments about why Shirou should be with X. Or Shirou wouldn't do Y and would do Z instead because that helps get him together with X.

IGNORE ALL ARGUMENTS, SLEEP WITH TOUKO

lantzblades
July 6th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Ryougi dibs, in that case.

alright I'll update the front page

I'm serious,

very well i'll update the front page, i look forward to great things from both of you.

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 09:48 PM
IGNORE ALL ARGUMENTS, SLEEP WITH TOUKO

NAH, SHIROU'S SLEEPING WITH SACCHIN. TROLOLOLO I'm joking obviously. If that wasn't clear enough.

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2011, 09:49 PM
ISN'T IS SAD, FATE?

Ace
July 6th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Isn't it great Sacchin? ^_^

RacingeR
July 6th, 2011, 10:42 PM
If I claim Rin, what does that mean?

I mean, lantz does the writting, doesn't he? Then I am just like... overseeing what Rin does and how she reacts to things and etc?

lantzblades
July 7th, 2011, 09:56 AM
If I claim Rin, what does that mean?

I mean, lantz does the writting, doesn't he? Then I am just like... overseeing what Rin does and how she reacts to things and etc?

that's somewhat correct. the colab writers oversee their chosen character and that character's personal story and how that story interacts with the other stories to make the story at large. the difference between this and role playing is that the writers have input at every level of the project and not just the character side.

Keyne
July 7th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Lantz, just one thing. Make this non-ero. We already have F&F for the ero stuff.

Also, I will oversee Saber's issues.

lantzblades
July 7th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Lantz, just one thing. Make this non-ero. We already have F&F for the ero stuff.

Also, I will oversee Saber's issues.

very good. and yes it'll be non ero in practice although if characters (say Rin and Archer) are in a relationship such can be implied ala PG 13.

Mike1984
July 7th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Well, I'll pick Sakura, then.

SeiKeo
July 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
RAPE SHIROU FOR HIS OWN GOOD: GREAT SUCCESS

jk

Ace
July 7th, 2011, 03:19 PM
It's not rape if it's not unwanted. :p

RacingeR
July 7th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I think I am going to pass on Rin, since it wouldn't be fair to the ArcherxRin shippers.

Elf
July 7th, 2011, 10:13 PM
. . . I'm going to shock everyone and ask for Archer.

lantzblades
July 7th, 2011, 10:24 PM
done page updated you got him. so i think we should start discussing what we want to do with these characters for the first episode.

Airen
July 7th, 2011, 10:32 PM
...Is Assassin still attached to the gate?

lantzblades
July 7th, 2011, 10:48 PM
...Is Assassin still attached to the gate?

no

Airen
July 7th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Then I will oversee his actions.

... It is my duty as a Kojiro fan to get him included as often as I possibly can. He's ignored a lot in fanfics ;_;

Ace
July 7th, 2011, 10:53 PM
How long is this after Fate route?

lantzblades
July 7th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Then I will oversee his actions.

very well

How long is this after Fate route?

we haven't discussed it but i would say shortly thereafter in general

RacingeR
July 8th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I changed opinions. I am taking Rin.

Elf
July 8th, 2011, 01:08 AM
I changed opinions. I am taking Rin.

What changed your mind?

ItsaRandomUsername
July 8th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Great, now we gotta convince IRUN to get in on this, and then it's perfect.

You call me? :3

What do you need me for?

RacingeR
July 8th, 2011, 03:25 AM
What changed your mind?

Dunno. I can't really handle writting the canon characters, but I am able to oversee them just fine. Also it may be a pretty good challenge. And a good challenge for Archer too xD.

Ace
July 8th, 2011, 02:34 PM
You call me? :3

What do you need me for?

Claim Ilya, IRUN! You know you want too!

lantzblades
July 8th, 2011, 10:32 PM
noted Race, now for those of you who are over seeing characters i want you to pick a goal for the character in the short term as these stories are episodic and will wind together as we go the goal doesn't have to be spectacular right away. it could be making tea/dinner fixing stuff etcetera the average stuff the characters do if you feel like it.

the things to note are firstly that the servants are alive AND connected to their masters. they don't need the link to live but they do need it to fuel their superhuman abilities.

and secondly once you have a goal for the character while it's not required a title for the episodes involving the goal is welcomed.

and lastly the episodes happen at the same time so the longest episode sets the bar for the length of an episode.

SeiKeo
July 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Time this takes place after KnK?

Good god 6000th post.

lantzblades
July 8th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Time this takes place after KnK?

as far as i'm aware yes

SeiKeo
July 8th, 2011, 10:35 PM
No, how long afterwards? It matters.

lantzblades
July 8th, 2011, 10:37 PM
No, how long afterwards? It matters.

a couple of months after the grail war and that takes place in 2000 apparently.

SeiKeo
July 8th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Well, that means that there's a good chance Ryougi has Mana.

lantzblades
July 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM
is that a problem leopard?

SeiKeo
July 10th, 2011, 11:06 AM
No, I just need to know whether I have a baby, am significantly pregnant, or neither.

lantzblades
July 10th, 2011, 11:42 AM
No, I just need to know whether I have a baby, am significantly pregnant, or neither.

I though Ryougi got pregnant in 2001 actually. so she shouldn't be expecting.

lantzblades
September 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM
alright after a while of thinking i'm back on this with a real plot in mind. so who's still on board?

SeiKeo
September 9th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Always on board for Ryougi.

Mike1984
September 9th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I'm on board for Sakura.

eddyak
September 9th, 2011, 07:29 PM
On board for Kotomine and/or Gil

Or rather, I would be, but I think I might not have the time for this, what with uni coming up.

lantzblades
September 9th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Or rather, I would be, but I think I might not have the time for this, what with uni coming up.

it's going to be developed in sections Eddy. you don't have to contribute a mountain or anything, just get back to me for clarification on how you want Gil to develop or interact.

eddyak
September 9th, 2011, 07:33 PM
That should be all right, then. It'll be a fic, rather than an RP, right?

Milbunk
September 9th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Hmm, do you think it would be possible for me to enter into this with Fabro?

lantzblades
September 9th, 2011, 08:18 PM
That should be all right, then. It'll be a fic, rather than an RP, right?

yes it's a fic rather then an RP. hence why it's in the fanfic section section

Hmm, do you think it would be possible for me to enter into this with Fabro?

who?

SeiKeo
September 9th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Think he means Nero Chaos.

lantzblades
September 9th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Think he means Nero Chaos.

I would think his role would be rather confined. I mean he's not like Gil or kirei who can really live through being a bad guy.

fraggle
September 9th, 2011, 08:37 PM
And thus the powers of the Beast's lair gathered and spawned the greats work of fiction even seen. An unequalled tale of love, bravery friendship is magic and magic.

Or is this going to be littered with Wall of text Bad ends?

I'm gonna grab me some snacks........

Milbunk
September 9th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Eh that's fine with me, I'm sure I can find something good for him. (I think he deserves some more popularity, he might be insane now but he wasn't always so evil.)

lantzblades
September 9th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Eh that's fine with me, I'm sure I can find something good for him. (I think he deserves some more popularity, he might be insane now but he wasn't always so evil.)

wait so this would be BEFORE he went all looney tunes?

And thus the powers of the Beast's lair gathered and spawned the greats work of fiction even seen. An unequalled tale of love, bravery friendship and magic.

Or is this going to be littered with Bad ends?

I'm gonna grab me some snacks........

it'll be a straight story developed by the participants

eddyak
September 9th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Nero isn't really insane, imo. He strikes me as more of a scientist- he himself said all he really wanted was to learn what he was going to become, and the fact that he didn't just go for the most powerful beasts, but rather, went for the rarest and strangest...

Milbunk
September 9th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah that's one of the biggest reasons I like him. He only really starting going all beast like when he got really close to becoming true Chaos. In fact he even thanked Shiki for killing him and restoring his sanity right before he died.

lantzblades
September 9th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Nero isn't really insane

he's a collaboration of minds, basically crazy. I mean he's not SHIKI or such but she kinda wacky.