PDA

View Full Version : Cross Effects: A Multiverse RP (Idea-ish)

Pages : [1] 2

Elf
July 9th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Okay there are two things I'm really fond of: Urban Fantasy and Crossovers, when done properly. Also I've had a lot of fun in some other RPs for a long time that this is loosely based off of.

The basic premise is this: Basically features and persons from various worlds where magic exist are being pulled together to form a new world of sorts. Magical forces from the various verses mingle, collide and made a new world that is basically one cluster fuck of a nexus world. Now people and beings from various worlds are being pulled during this cross effect and being forced to co exist.

There are normal people who are not quite aware what's going on and then there are paranormal people such as vampires, magic users etc who have just pulled into this massive "What the fuck?"

At its core would be characters who would have never met meeting and interacting and the Big Bads who are trying to take advantage of this situation.

There would be heavy urban fantasy elements, solving crimes etc.

However, I'd like to keep it to beings from "Earth" so we don't get Goku going Super Sayan, farting and killing everyone.

Also, original characters and verses would be welcomed.

So, what do you guys think?

lethum
July 9th, 2011, 11:07 PM
It sounds like a very interesting idea. It also sounds very intensive for whoever decides to GM this.

Froggie
July 9th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Sounds like an interesting premise. However, even going with purely "Earth" characters, that could still present some pretty massive power gaps.

Erlkonig
July 9th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I WANT TO PLAY A DESCENDANT OF THEODORE ROOSEVELT (+999 MANGRIT POINTS)

CAN I?

Elf
July 9th, 2011, 11:16 PM
The power gaps are the one thing I'd be worried about. However, power's not everything. We've seen characters beat the shit out of other characters despite being woefully underpowered.

Honestly, this would be played rather fast and loose, sort of like the Moonlight Annex and there could be multiple story lines going on at once.

And Type-Moon characters are definitely welcome.

MssrNeko
July 9th, 2011, 11:18 PM
So any and all verses along with OCs are fair game as long as they're not OP'd out the yin-yang?

Soldat der Trauer
July 9th, 2011, 11:18 PM
@Elf: What would be the limits when designing a character template?

Elyrin
July 9th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I WANT TO PLAY A DESCENDANT OF THEODORE ROOSEVELT (+999 MANGRIT POINTS)

CAN I?

FOOLISH ERL. THIS RP IS MADNESS, SO YOU MUST PLAY THEODORE ROOSEVELT HIMSELF.

Erlkonig
July 9th, 2011, 11:21 PM
FOOLISH ERL. THIS RP IS MADNESS, SO YOU MUST PLAY THEODORE ROOSEVELT HIMSELF.

FUCK MY BODY IS NOT READY

Elf
July 9th, 2011, 11:23 PM
So any and all verses along with OCs are fair game as long as they're not OP'd out the yin-yang?

To some exceptions.

Honestly, I'd rather keep things to the horror/fantasy/urban fantasy genre. Stuff like Type-Moon, Hellsing, Castlevayna, The Dresden Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer etc.

Honestly, my main character is original. Well, she's been published, but I created her.

Elyrin
July 9th, 2011, 11:24 PM
>Hellsing
*waits for Alucard to show up and wreck EVERYONE*

Froggie
July 9th, 2011, 11:26 PM
So, sounds like Persona and Puella Magi would be acceptable?

At any rate, like I said, this sounds like it could lead to something quite interesting. I wouldn't mind hearing more at all.

lethum
July 9th, 2011, 11:27 PM
As long as the characters are balanced with the setting, there shouldn't be many limits on the powerlevels.

For example, in this setting Android Number 17 from DBZ could work as a ridiculously powerful antagonist that the PCs can still defeat if they choose to be a Witch from Harry Potter and a Wiccan from Buffy (since in the DBZ verse, magic has been shown to simply bypass ki-power). The Urban Fantasy would mean that he'd settle for playing something like a mafia head honcho and not rampage in an orgy of boom and BOOM. <--Not that good an example.

I'm thinking a Dresden or Buffy spread of powerlevels work fine.

MssrNeko
July 9th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Would Marvelverse magic be acceptable as long as its not OP'd?

Elf
July 9th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Would Marvelverse magic be acceptable as long as its not OP'd?

As a comic book geek I would welcome that. I'd also welcome Deadpool if he's played properly. :) Hell, the Merry Mutants could be interesting too. However Iron Man level tech would be as high tech as I'd like to have in the RP. No Skrulls or Galactus.

I'm thinking a Dresden or Buffy spread of powerlevels work fine.

Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind. Like Dark Willow would be skirting the levels of Over Powered. (Think about it, Dark Willow could RAPE a good majority of the Type-Moon verse characters with the exceptions of like Arc, Zeltrech, the DDAs and Saber due to her Magic Resistance.)

@Elf: What would be the limits when designing a character template?

I'd think of something like this:

Name:
Race:
Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:
Appearance:
Charisma:
Strength:
Agility:
Speed:
Magic Resistance:
Magic Ability:
Other Abilities:
Origin:
Weakness:

As for the scale, I think the Alphabetical scale from FSN would work. And there would be other abilities such as Regeneration, Telepathy etc.

Airen
July 9th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Also, original characters and verses would be welcomed.

I'm in. My OC's haven't really gotten a chance to shine outside their own world yet.

MssrNeko
July 9th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Sweet.....But, alas, my writing ability is not high enough to RP Deadpool. :(

RadiantBeam
July 9th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Well, count me as interested. I'm not very experienced with RPs, though, but I'm still interested. Not sure if I want to commit yet or not.

lethum
July 9th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Are ranks added on the original abilities? Like:

Cybertronian Autobot Jedi (B) - As a member of the Jedi order, the owner of this ability has attained the rank of an average Knight for the skill displayed in the use of the force. Has constructed his own lightblade and has access to the Jedi archives.

Elyrin
July 9th, 2011, 11:42 PM
You know, that skill looks unusually hax to me.

Elf
July 9th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Sadly a Jedi Knight would be out.

Actually, look at the Servant Stats for FSN. That's actually a great scale for an RP.

lethum
July 9th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Even the Apocripha ones? There are some weird skills there.

Elyrin
July 9th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I find it odd how you say no to "Jedi" yet seemingly ignore the "Autobot" part, Elf.

Elf
July 10th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I find it odd how you say no to "Jedi" yet seemingly ignore the "Autobot" part, Elf.

The Jedi Autobot broke my brain.

I mean the general Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero servants.

lethum
July 10th, 2011, 12:02 AM
So a normal human from BL-earth+Toxic the nice symbiote would work as a character.

So would Morpheus with his In-Matrix powers.

So would Twinsen from Twinsen's Odyssey.

So would Li Syaoran form Card Captor Sakura.

So would Shirahama Kenichi from History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

So would John Doe from John Doe.

So would Tohsaka Rin.

So would Boromir son of Denethor.

Maybe.

Fangstrike
July 10th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Awesome... I so know who I wanna RP.

Elf
July 10th, 2011, 12:12 AM
So would Morpheus with his In-Matrix powers.

Yes to all of those, but no to Morpheus or Neo. The Matrix is a computer generated world. It's not supernatural or even natural.

Like . . .

Harry Dresden
Harry Potter
Buffy Summers
Angel
Spike
The Belmonts
Etc.

Just no Anita Blake.

Chaos Greyblood
July 10th, 2011, 12:19 AM
If this thing's happening, I take Deadpool! Imagine all the sorts of wacky stuff and fawning over characters if he hits showtime. Hell, I think he'll have plenty to say if this happens.

MssrNeko
July 10th, 2011, 12:24 AM
If this thing's happening, I take Deadpool! Imagine all the sorts of wacky stuff and fawning over characters if he hits showtime. Hell, I think he'll have plenty to say if this happens.

Oooohh....Be careful there, Chaos. Anyone can RP a psychopathic ninja that makes "witty" remarks. But it takes skill to write a funny Deadpool.

Chaos Greyblood
July 10th, 2011, 12:33 AM
I'm ready for that challenge. Also, Medium Awareness is your friend and I wanted to make a happy psycho character. I was tempted to do so in TG, but it could have been downright nutty, so I trashed that idea... until now. :)

Elf
July 10th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Also, he has to constantly break the 4th wall and moonwalk when he walks backwards.

Chaos Greyblood
July 10th, 2011, 12:35 AM
I know that. He can even talk to you, go total fanboy for the characters and hit on the ladies. Deadpool likes them ladies, don'tcha know. Why else did I wanted to make that jump? :neco_arc:

Elf
July 10th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Well, my main character would be Forest obviously.

But I do adore Deadpool. Also, some of my best laughs recently have been reading some of his comics. Like him becoming the Harold of Galactus. Pure Comedic Gold.

Chaos Greyblood
July 10th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Well, my main character would be Forest obviously.

But I do adore Deadpool. Also, some of my best laughs recently have been reading some of his comics. Like him becoming the Harold of Galactus. Pure Comedic Gold.

Deadpool: Hey now, that's what I call having good taste! Your name is Elf, right? You don't suppose you can do me a little favor and make a little story in which I can score me some nice ladies? *Wink wink, nudge nudge* Hubba hubba! I'll even do something for ya in exchange! Does someone hate your guts and you want 'em gone? Anyone did you wrong way back during your school days and wish you could give them some payback? Want dancing lessons? I'll do one of those things free of charge just 'cause it's you! That's a golden once-in-a-lifetime opportunity 'cause I'm the best of the best! Who loves ya, honey?! Oh, I'm hearing something. It's calling for me! *sings and dances in a sing-song voice* The call of battle yearns for me! Fun, fun, fun! Lots of butts to kick! Blood, blood, blooooood!! OOOH YEAH!

TATARI Erebus
July 10th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Sounds like good fun (and something I did on another site before, needless to say it was hella fun). I could use this as a good way to introduce an OC from a novel I'm writing, a pig loli with lava punching fists. Also, using Kunio-kun and NIS/Disgaea characters for this as far as other characters go.

Elyrin
July 10th, 2011, 01:29 AM
...Disgaea characters?

Mother of god.

lethum
July 10th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Nobody will defeat my A-Squad Space Patrol Delta Red Ranger. Maybe. If I join.

Blackdeath6031
July 10th, 2011, 02:51 AM
I can use a proper version of one of my OC characters without the nerf I had in other rps?! =D

RacingeR
July 10th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Huh, this seems interesting. I could even use a certain Vampire for one of my original settings. But I am not sure about having the time xD.

Ivan The Mouse
July 10th, 2011, 08:22 AM
This attracts me to roleplay all the characters I've roleplayed before, including new ones...

...The question is, how many characters are we allowed to have? Please don't make it one! ;_;

Elf
July 10th, 2011, 05:42 PM
This attracts me to roleplay all the characters I've roleplayed before, including new ones...

...The question is, how many characters are we allowed to have? Please don't make it one! ;_;

If this does get off the ground, I'd say a limit of five characters, and no doubles of canon characters.

Fangstrike
July 10th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I think it was mentioned that we're limited to modern day earth, right? So Vampire Hunter D would be a no go, right?

Elf
July 10th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I think it was mentioned that we're limited to modern day earth, right? So Vampire Hunter D would be a no go, right?

Ah shit . . . now I'm conflicted because one of my greatest loves is D . . .

However it could be tweaked because no one knows how old D actually is. (It's hinted at that his mother was Mina so that would have put him born in the late 1800's actually.)

Milbunk
July 10th, 2011, 08:37 PM
If I wanted to join, would I be able to RP Ronald Reagan? I think that it would be a very interesting choice but what do you think?

Kieran
July 10th, 2011, 09:21 PM

Name: Kieran Hawke
Race: Human
Height: 180 cm. / 6' 1''
Weight: 80 kg. / 176 lbs.
Eyes: Greyed blue
Hair: Light chestnut (brown)
Appearance: A fit, lanky man in his late twenties, typically dressed in denim pants, a plaid workshirt, and a long leather overcoat. Frequently bears stubble, often with a flask or firearm in hand. Always carries a pocketwatch, into which he frequently speaks (mystical recorder)
Charisma: D (decrease one rank for any female into or past puberty, increase one rank for any female who has yet to reach it. Increase by two ranks when dealing with lions or ravens)
Strength: D
Agility: C++
Endurance B+
Speed: C
Magic Resistance: A (one rank lower outside of Britannia, two ranks if outside British Commonwealth)
Magic Ability: Thaumaturgy D
Other Abilities: Limited immortality and resurrection (see origin), Second Sight (ability to see ethereal manifestations and innate danger sense), Gunslinging B+, ability to wield Excalibur

Origin: "When I was a kid, I heard all about the glory of battle, and the honour of war. When the country called to do battle against the Hun, I lied about my age and joined up. There, I learned that the stories were lies, and there was only slaughter, filth, and chaos. I came home, went mad for a bit, and went back to the land of my forefathers, hoping to find peace in the connection, in the history of Great Britain. When I got my head together, I thought I'd try my hand at being a private detective, like Sherlock Holmes, or the guys in Black Mask magazine . . . Yeah, you'd really think I'd have learned by now. My mother always despaired of my ever getting a clue.

"Still, I hung on, until the country called again - though I didn't know it at the time. It was supposed to be a simple hunt for a missing kid - cute little girl named Tania. Turns out, it was short for Britannia, as in the nation. The living soul of Albion, wearied by the Great War, had lost herself in a human body - and she was awfully damned vulnerable that way. If she died, so would the land. Still, I found the kid, and now she figures I'm hers. Got a whole bunch of mystical knacks, and the corresponding problems to go with 'em. Until she grows up, I'm the last knight errant, the defender of the faith, protector of the land. I can summon and command lions and ravens, have mastery of the sea - I can't be killed there, and a sea burial ought to revive me (or so she says). I know a little magic, can speak any language or pick up any skill of the Commonwealth - usually, it's all enough. When it isn't, I can ask Tania for direct help, but I don't care what she says - that sword is staying in the damned lake. Considering how my dreams of being a soldier and a P.I. have turned out, there's no way in hell I'm going try being a king. If that's what she wants, she can bloody well wait for Arthur to wake up."

Weakness: Effectively mortal outside of Britannia's influence, from a circa-1920s world (anachronistic).
Dislikes: Prejudice, routinely being in over his head, spoiled-brat kids who think he ought to buy candy floss instead of paying the rent

Elf
July 10th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Hah, I like it!

SeiKeo
July 10th, 2011, 10:19 PM
@ Kieran: Dang that's cool. Rule Britannia, ​eh?

Kieran
July 10th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Pretty much - it's a basically a detective character I tried to write with once, adapted a bit for a quasi-Victorian, sort-of steampunk universe. I prefer the hardboiled noir style of the '30s and '40s myself, so we get this.

Britannia is traditionally depicted as holding Neptune's trident (symbolising British mastery over the sea), with the British lion beside her - and then, there's the legend of the Tower's ravens, which is why he has those powers. He can sail any kind of boat, and do some pretty impressive things with water. Kieran can use all kinds of archaic weapons like a trident, or a longbow, or a sword, but he really prefers a good revolver or tommygun. He basically only pulls out the magic when the conventional stuff doesn't work - think Ash or Angel, in terms of skills. He's not Merlin, or Arthur - just a schmuck trying to do a job. And answering to a somewhat temperamental ten-year-old with a stuffed kitty that really isn't, in either case.

Fangstrike
July 10th, 2011, 10:51 PM
@Kieran - I love it.

lethum
July 10th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Source
Name: Lucas Rubén Solos
Height: 1.67 m / 5'6"
Weight: 55 kg / 121.25 lbs
Eyes: Black (really dark brown)
Hair: Black/Dark brown.
Appearance: A short and light man, usually dressed in denim pants with many clothes of other materials. Short black hair lies on his head and magic of many kinds, including sunlight and moonlight can lighten the color to a dark brown, in several distinct patterns. Always carries around a cell phone and some kind of weapon, eventually favoring trench and long coats of several colors personally modified to carry such weapons.
Charisma: C (one rank up after some time occupying a position of leadership) - Perfectly capable of taking leadership, but preferring to work in the sidelines, this character's real charisma shines through when it has occupied a position of leadership or authority for sometime, after he becomes used to it.
Strength: B
Agility: B
Speed: A
Magic Resistance: EX - Most magic affects him normally, but any spell that would cause or maintain him in a state of death will not work. Given the kind of spells that can achieve this, this ability seems miraculous.
Magic Ability: A (Incubator Esper)
Other Abilities: Soul Jar-Lucas' soul lies stored in a gem, put there through a process of lichdom performed by a mysterious alien being, thus preventing death; True Regeneration-As a type of lich, Lucas can swiftly recover from any kind of physical damage, and eventually recover from other types of damage.
Origin: Peace
Weakness: Soul Gem - After a pact with an alien being, Lucas gained great (seemingly magical) powers and virtual physical immortality with apparent simple cost of storing his soul in a gem that can not be very far from the body to allow it to move. This gem is far from indestructible, and damage to it is as difficult to fix as it is to resurrect a normal human. To deal enough damage to the gem is to kill Lucas.
Likes: Helping people. Geek material pleasures (videogames, tabletop games, books, movies, television).
Dislikes: Helplessness, apathy, criminal intent, monsters born from twisting humans.

After receiving a pair of binoculars as a birthday gift, Lucas used them to watch the city from the windows of his apartment. One day, he noticed a girl speaking with a strange four legged animal (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/kyubey.png/) and saw her gain magical powers. Interested, he strove to learn lip reading, and kept on looking for the creature. One day as he was returning to his apartment from a party, he met the being again and it asked him for a wish after an explanation that it was done with intention of saving the universe from heat death and people from beings called witches. Giving it some thought, he said:

"I wish I was happy and immortal when I saved people."

After gaining his powers, he learned that he was an experiment and the rest of the people contracted by the being, called QB, were young girls. His powers, after being tested in battle, were led to him being nicknamed "Rainbow Lantern". Lucas trained in his powers and used them for a month, before vanishing from his city of birth.

100%

Of course, I have an idea of the magnitude of what he should be able to do, but I'm unsure of how to show it in his stats.

Ivan The Mouse
July 11th, 2011, 09:57 AM
[Source]

I know Ma'am Elf is heartily tired of these characters, but I still want to use them because they're not too developed in terms of appearance and personality, although their back stories are almost done.

The Hauptsturmfuehrer

Name: Rattus (von) Engels
Height: 5' 11" / 1.80 m
Weight: 175 lbs. / 79 kg
Eyes: None; suffering from Aniridia
Hair: Blue in anime style, Black realistically
Appearance:

He can often be seen wearing a business attire comprising of a suit, a long sleeved shirt, trousers and a tie, although a waistcoat underneath the suit is added, at occasions necessary or at whims. His hair can be described as appropriately short but wavy and graying, and he is seen wearing round glasses with relatively thick lenses at almost all times. If his portrait is done in an anime style, he can be described as "a Shinji Matou in business suit and thick glasses."

Charisma: B (One rank up when surrounded in a war-like situation; one rank down when doing executive work and/or transactions.)
Strength: D (Two ranks up when armed with any weapon, melee or ranged.)
Agility: C
Speed: B
Magic Resistance: Paradoxical. Spells can normally affect him, but can not in anyway kill him permanently.
Magic Ability: Not applicable.
Other Abilities: Marksmanship (B), Strategy (A), Riding (C), Military Engineering (D)
Origin: War
Weakness:
- Riding skill does not apply to air transport and anything that requires balance (i.e. Motorcycles.)
- Can not use grenade launchers, mortars and buckshot-loaded shotguns effectively.
- Can be ambushed effectively when not prepared.
- Thirteen (13) shots can send him in a temporary state of death for 12 hours.
Likes: Survivalism, combat pragmatism, organization, weaponry, absinthe and video games.
Dislikes: Explicit militarism, racism, social vulgarity, shotguns, mortars and cats.

The Hippie

Name: Jan Neo Langraad
Height: 5' 7" / 1.70 m
Weight: 155 lbs. / 70 kg.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Yellow Blonde in anime style; Blonde realistically
Appearance:

His usual clothes are denim pants, most often long, and a T-shirt, almost always either tie-dyed, bearing logos or various slogans, depending on what he chose to wear during that day. Occasionally, he can be seen wearing a Greaser-style leather jacket, a buckshot bandolier or Lennon sunglasses. He also has a messy pageboy hair cut.

Charisma: B (Two ranks down when under the influence.)
Strength: B (One rank up when armed with any weapon, melee or ranged.)
Speed: A
Magic Resistance: Paradoxical. Spells can normally affect him, but can not in anyway kill him permanently.
Magic Ability: D
Other Abilities: Marksmanship (C), Tactics (A), Alchemy (B), Weapon Improvisation (A)
Origin: Unknown
Weakness:
- Unwilling to fight when high, drunk or stoned.
- Has lapses of competency in Alchemy.
- Highly vulnerable when sexually sedated.
- Less competent as a magus.
Likes: Liberty, unorthodox methodology, guerrilla-style tactics, marijuana, The Internet and music.
Dislikes: Conservatism, excessive liberalism, political correctness, the police, hipsters and ghosts.

The Hibakusha

Name: Yukina Aikawa
Height: 5' 3" / 1.60 m
Weight: 120 lbs. / 54 kg
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark Green in anime style, Black realistically
Appearance:

Oftentimes, she is seen wearing a yukata, in which the pattern is usually decided on what she wanted to wear that day. She is sporting a hime-cut hairstyle, but her hair is usually tied in a bun. Her look can be summarized as a traditional Japanese lady.

Charisma: E
Strength: C (One rank up when armed with any weapon, melee or ranged.)
Agility: A
Magic Resistance: Paradoxical. Spells can normally affect her, but can not in anyway kill her permanently.
Magic Ability: Not applicable.
Other Abilities: Marksmanship (A), Archery (B), Engineering (D), Smithing (B)
Origin: Unknown
Weakness:
- Generally unwilling to fight
- Has a crippling fear to explosions and fire
- Easily distracted
- Highly vulnerable
Likes: Traditional culture, manual work, green tea, curry, music and video games.
Dislikes: Fascism, politics, philosophy, nuclear power used in war, unwarranted explosions and widespread fire.

Kieran
July 13th, 2011, 11:32 PM
[Just popped into my head, sorry. Remove if you need to.]

"I'm looking for a girl. About ten years old and yay high. Pale skin, dark hair that might look blue in the right light, and brown eyes that might look red. Dresses well, and probably has a stuffed lion in her arms. Seen her?"

The walking dead man didn't answer - not that he really expected it to. Most animated corpses, in his experiences, were too badly rotted through to have an ability to understand, much less hold, a conversation. Still, it was worth a shot.

He wasn't sure where he was - one minute Underhill he's dealing with the local faeries, the next minute he was here . . . And Tania was quiet. Tania was never quiet - often not present, but he could usually feel her, like someone lurking just out of sight, faintly visible in the corner of his eye.

"S.T.A.R.s . . ." growled the big man.

OK, an intelligent walking dead man, on some level at least. Also big, built like a damned Panzer, and ugly as sin. Sounded like he had something against astronomy, too - or maybe Hollywood.

As its fist crashed into his face, Kieran mentally added, And faster than any damned thing that big has a right to be.

As he struggled to his feet, he reviewed his options. He couldn't take too many more hits like those, but a .38 slug would probably be about as useful as throwing popcorn, and most dead things didn't drown, so the courtyard fountain was out. That left . . .

Before the giant could close in again, the stone lions rose from their perches in front of the city hall and leaped onto its back. With an inarticulate snarl, the giant grabbed one and hurled it into the street, shattering it. The second was seized with both hands and crumbled into gravel.

"OK," Kieran muttered. "This is a problem."

Fangstrike
July 14th, 2011, 01:42 PM
^I say keep it.

Ah shit . . . now I'm conflicted because one of my greatest loves is D . . .

However it could be tweaked because no one knows how old D actually is. (It's hinted at that his mother was Mina so that would have put him born in the late 1800's actually.)

I can go with that. Thanks, Elf. Too bad we don't know much about D's past. Wonder if he was ever an emo-teen like Uchiha Sasuke or was he just born a tall, dark, silent badass?

Chaos Greyblood
July 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Any time limit on the character profiles we can use?

Fangstrike
July 14th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Any time limit on the character profiles we can use?

What do you mean by time limit?

hero
July 14th, 2011, 02:19 PM
"Jill...

JILLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Chaos Greyblood
July 14th, 2011, 03:30 PM
What do you mean by time limit?

What I mean is when it'll reach the point when the RP wii begin.

MssrNeko
July 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I think Elf's still deciding on how to do this.

lethum
July 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Yep. She gave a "maybe in a couple of months" vibe.

Chaos Greyblood
July 14th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I see, that's enough time for me to make around 3 characters, I guess.

Dibs on Deadpool!

Ivan The Mouse
July 14th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I'm thinking, what will be the exact setting of the RP?

lethum
July 14th, 2011, 11:11 PM
We show up in a city after being plucked up from the multiverse and do urban fantasy AKA fight (supernatural?) crime, hunt monsters for expto save the innocent/ignorant masses (if it exists) and eventually cross paths with something too powerful for us to handle and then beat it anyway.

Ivan The Mouse
July 15th, 2011, 03:27 PM
While waiting for the actual RP, let's keep ourselves busy.

Make a short quote from your character/s that will somewhat accurately reflect their personality.

Rattus: "I do not like to admit it, but war can provide anything. It could give someone a job, a purpose in life, friends, a challenge, a learning experience, anything...including things you don't need, want or desire."

Neo: "If you ain't liking what I'm doing right now, then it's not my fault that I'm fucking human. And no, I ain't gonna give up my freedom just because you want your order."

Yukina: "They think that being a kid in mind is bad. I don't think so, but there are some things you can't do anymore when you've already grown-up. And sometimes, those things we used to do as kids are the things we loved doing the most, right?"

lethum
July 15th, 2011, 03:39 PM
*snip*

Lucas: "Being immortal and at the same sand being sad means that you're doing something wrong. I lucked out once, and now I spend my time paying that favor forwards. I'm a good person like that, most of the time."

MssrNeko
July 15th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Nathan: I know I'm no good at being a sorcerer and I'm not as brave as other people. And sometimes I feel like quitting the whole Magic thing and heading back home.....But I'll keep trying. And maybe one day, I'll be a hero like Doc. One day.........But not today or anytime soon.

Chaos Greyblood
July 15th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I think I have a good idea who I'm gonna use as my 2nd character. Anyone up for Cole McGrath?

Elf
July 16th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Here's Fore's profile:

Name: Forest, also known as Law Unto Herself, born with the name Bronach, but never ever call Forest that. Also goes by Fore.
Servant Class, if Applicable:
Race: Vampire via Celtic and Viking blood
Height: 5'10
Eye: Indigo, violet-blue
Hair: Blond
Appearance: Forest is tall and slim with the body of a gymnast or dancer. Toned muscle but without much bulk. Forest is more about speed and agility than power, even though she does have more than enough of that to spare. Most of her height comes from her legs, and they are lovely and perhaps her favorite feature about her body, other than her slightly longer than waist length golden blond hair. She has a classically pretty face with high cheek bones, an Aristocratic nose, fairly large violet-blue eyes (she likes to relate that they're the color of iolites), a mouth with a lower lip considerably plumper than the top, giving her a bit of a pouting look. As a vampire she has very pale skin, which is even more emphasized by the fact that she likes to wear dark red lipstick and black clothing.

Forest knows all about cutting a rememberable silhouette and is rarely seen without her fitted black leather duster. It hits her at about mid calf and has Celtic knots stamped on the back shoulders, on the back of the sleeves and tapering down to her waist. She is very fond of this coat and hurting it in anyway is a sure way to piss her off. She generally wears black jeans, Doc Martian's steel toed biker boots, a black camisole (even though she has a red one or a purple one) or black turtleneck. She also wears her .44 Super Magnum at her hip in a sort of modified quick draw holster.

She barely has any bosom to speak of (She's either on the large size of A or the small end of B depending on the brand), but has a nicely curved bottom due to her dancing and tumbling. She has long, clean limbs but feels awkward and gangly because being turned at such an early age where she didn't get to fully develop. She's one of those sporty pretty girls that has no idea how gorgeous she actually is and dresses more for practicality and recognizability than to look good.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Stats:
Strength: B-
Agility: A
Physic Abilities: Telepathy: A, Not only can she read minds, she can communicate over great distances this way and also hypnotize and control most people with ease.
Magic: E, she has knowledge about magic, but can only do some very minor protection spells.
Intelligence: General: C Linguistics: A, Forest has a natural talent for languages and can speak more than 25 at this time.
Charisma: B+
Noble Phantasm/Reality Marble:
Weapon: .44 Super Magnum or the Axe she carried around with her in life. She's more than skilled with almost all forms of weaponry as well as many Chinese and Japanese forms of Martial Arts, her particular favorites that she uses are Jeet Kun Do (Learned from Bruce Lee himself, she was a big fan), hop-kido, Wing Chug, and traditional kung fu. Anything that will take out an opponent as quick as she can.
Speed: B+
Other Special Abilities/Limit Breakers: Regeneration, heightened senses, strength and speed greater than a human's. She can also tap into her blood lust to up her speed and strength stats if pushed.
Weakness: Since Forest is a vampire she's not fond of holy objects with true faith behind them, holy ground pisses her off, especially Christian churches. Fire, Sunlight, wooden stakes to the heart, and beheading are the four ways to kill her. The only way to bind her is with magic or silver.
Origin/Background: Back in the days before the Dark Ages back when the Celts were still Celts and the Vikings were still kicking around there was a Viking man who was captured when his ship picked the wrong Celtic Village to attack. The rest of his people left and he was left alone, seeing that the guy really couldn't do anything to hurt them now, he was let go and sort of adopted into the clan. There he fell in love with the sister of the Chieftain's wife, who came from a powerful family of magic users and telepaths. They were wed and the Viking's wife and the Chieftain's wife had daughters on the same night. However, the Viking's wife died in childbirth. The viking tried his best to raise his new baby daughter, but not too longer he was struck down in battle as well.

So the little girl, Bronach, was taken in with her aunt and uncle while her cousin was being groomed as the next High Priestess of the Brigid for their tribe. The two were as close as sisters and the clan thought their shared birthdays was a blessed thing. Except as the redhead grew as a powerful healer and Druid, the blond Bronach was apparently born for battle. So Gormlaith represented the healing and light of the trinity Goddess the Brigid, Bronach represented the Brigid's Dark Side, the Trinity Goddess the Morrigan. Yet Gormlaith and Bronach were unseperatable despite being so different.

Bronach grew into a warrior that could best most of the men of her Clan and her name was feared in battle. She always seemed to know who to strike and at what time, tapping into a telepathic talent she wasn't quite sure of at the time. This was all well and good until a little after she turned 19 when she drew the attention of a Roman vampire that had his ass handed to him by Bodicida and still had issues with Celtic warrior women who could kick ass. So he nabbed Bronach one night while she was paying tribute to the Morrigan and turned her, offering her power to become closer to her goddess and a lot of pretty lies.

Then he proceeded to make her life a living hell trying to break her will.

Except he didn't count on Bronach being a natural telepath and having enough will of her own to break free of his control long enough to club his head in with a rock and getting the hell away from him, no matter what. So for a while she was half starved and half mad until she got a hold of the whole vampire thing. Then she encountered an incubus trying to rape a defenseless girl one night. Despite all of his power, the incubus really didn't know how to use all of his strength, while Bronach did. He fell, the girl was safe and Bronach had an epiphany.

And then Forest was born while Bronach died.

Forest became the most sought after assassin for the supernatural until she built up enough wealth and reputation to strike out on her own, where she eventually earned the title Law Unto Herself given to her by a vampire bard with a serious crush. Of course, she made plenty of friends and enemies on her rise of power. Had her heart broken by an unusual Faerie that she loved but he didn't love her as much in return. Found her sister reborn several times, befriended one Lady Wynn Noreen Umbra of the Unseelie court and became godmother to her "abomination" son.

Flash forward to modern times where Forest is, as she was titled, Law Unto Herself with more money than most current day cooperations due to good investing and a shrewed mind for business. These things gave Forest the luxury to do things that most vampires would never due to fear of the Vampiric Council and the Circle. Things like adopt a dhampire and raise him as her student and surrogate son.

She eventually had to leave Quinn as he was starting the police academy on a joint mission to play both the Vampiric Council and the Circle against each other to weaken both sides because they needed to realize they weren't acting in the Dark Ages anymore. She found out that Quinn was going to be part of the new SPF project and went to Louisville, KY to watch over her surrogate son and Godson as well as keep an eye on how they were doing and offer a guiding hand when needed. Except she didn't plan on Quinn's feelings about her to snap and become overwhelming until an odd relationship was forced upon her. However, Forest couldn't stand being in such an incestuous relationship and broke it off to vanish to Scotland to regain her bearings. She returned to Louisville to check up on Quinn and Gabriel only to have her compound, herself, Quinn, Amanda (Gormlaith's current incarnation) and Lupine heir Brandon Night sucked into the Nexus.
Personality: When she's not in Law Into Herself, Forest is maternal, playful, sarcastic, quippy and very kind. She's not the sort to turn someone in need, unless they were evil or didn't deserve it through previous acts. She also has severe ADHD and slight ADD. She tends to get distracted by shiny objects like jewelry and sports cars. She's also someone who doesn't let the past bog her down, not anymore.

When she's Law Unto Herself her sarcasm and quips take on a dark nature and she's all business.
Random Facts: People under Forest's protection or a close ally are given crow pendents, a mark of the Trinity she still pays homage too. She also likes vampire and horror movies. She's terrified of zombies due to an incident where she was held down by a necromancer's power as zombies ate on her. She loves fast cars and collects them and gemstones. Even though she wears mostly black, her favorite color is actually purple and she likes lavender.

MssrNeko
July 16th, 2011, 06:21 AM
So that's Forest. Currently finishing Nathan........

Questions:
1) Is agility more along the lines of "dexterity"?
2) Is the setting a amalgamated multiverse or were our characters sucked into it to participate?

Verg Avesta
July 16th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Hmm.........in a way, I would love to throw Gemini in, just to see her go up against Forest. Especially when in the whole "Rawr I'm Empress Impaler" mode...

Kieran
July 16th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Continuing the quote idea . . .

Kieran: "When it comes down to it, I'm as much a man out of time as of my time. I'm a creature of mean streets and smoky air, where life is sometimes worth less than a cigarette, and the world seems so much smaller every day. So much grayer. But at the same time, I belong to a time when honour are chivalry were more than mere words, more than laughable concepts that seem more and more outdated - when the world was vast, and its possibilities unimagined. Maybe that's why she chose me . . . I know that it's why I stay. Because as strange and terrifying as it can be, this calling is more than just a reason to get into good fights. It's the good fight - the battle to keep the shadows at bay, and hope alive, even if the world never knows it. And it's what I was looking for, from the day I first put on that uniform."

Elf
July 17th, 2011, 12:55 AM
So that's Forest. Currently finishing Nathan........

Questions:
1) Is agility more along the lines of "dexterity"?
2) Is the setting a amalgamated multiverse or were our characters sucked into it to participate?

Answers:
1.) Dexterity would be part of agility yes.
2.) The characters were sort of sucked in to participate in this Amalgamated world that has different bits from worlds here and there.

And . . . Forest quote: (Note, most of these are from the actual novel)

“It’s the same ole song and dance. Puppy wants to play, we Tug-of-War a bit, bloke threatens to give me a good, unwanted shag, and then I euthanize said mutt before going on my merry way.”

“Then again, I’ve been fighting against sexism before a bunch of knights thought it was a good idea to loot Jerusalem in the name of their zombie martyr.”

“I don’t hate the religion, I just hate the daft followers. You know how much trouble ignorant Christians have given me over the years? I was there during the Spanish Inquisition. Now that was a failure of epic proportions.”

Annnddd this one is due to the new Evil Dead remake without Bruce Campbell:

"No, just no no no. You can not make a bloody Evil Dead movie without Bruce Campbell. I will go find where ever they're filming it and put a stop to this abomination."

Ivan The Mouse
July 17th, 2011, 03:23 AM
“I don’t hate the religion, I just hate the daft followers. You know how much trouble ignorant Christians have given me over the years? I was there during the Spanish Inquisition. Now that was a failure of epic proportions.”

Uh...Don't mind me, I just thought Neo had to react to this. He he.

"You thought that was an epic failure? Damn. I thought it was a massive success for the Catholics and that's the reason why it's so fucking scary, ya' know?"

Annnddd this one is due to the new Evil Dead remake without Bruce Campbell:

"No, just no no no. You can not make a bloody Evil Dead movie without Bruce Campbell. I will go find where ever they're filming it and put a stop to this abomination."

Neo: "Hey Ratt, did ya' hear dat? They makin' a new Evil Dead movie! Without any Bruce Campbell on it!"

Rattus: [Chokes on the absinthe he was drinking, then starts to cough.] "W-was?!"

Neo: "They. Are. Remakin'. The Evil Dead. MOVIE!"

Rattus: "I...What...You can't do that! When the movie came out, I had to travel to America just to watch it because they banned it here in Germany! I even have to smuggle a recorded copy of it in VHS, just for Yukina to watch it! Now, they are making the same movie, without Bruce Campbell's acting and with that...heretical and indulgent computer graphics! And I know they're going to water the content down! Even the story!"

Neo: "Calm the fuck down, man!"

Rattus: [Takes deep breaths, then renders himself calm.] "Alright. I'll give it a chance. I'll forgive the toned-down violence. But if they butcher the story and make the acting less than excellent, I...will be deeply disappointed." [Drinks more absinthe.]

Airen
July 17th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Name: Rian Carunias

Height: 6'1

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Light brown

Appearance: No matter how much people poke and pull at Rian's short, light brown hair, it still retains it's usual messy look. His body doesn't look actually very muscular, and is more akin to the type of build a runner would have, but the slight muscle tone he does possess shows that he's not unused to physical labor. Even though he gets a decent amount of exposure to the sun, his skin, while not exactly pale, is still more pale than it is tan. He typically wears a black jacket over a short-sleeved white shirt and jeans, and always seems to have the same gold medallion around his neck.

Charisma: C+
Strength: B
Intelligence: C++
Speed: A-
Magic Resistance: C
Magic Ability: General: E, Energy Manipulation: A, Possesses knowledge of magic, but is poor at weaving energy into forms through spells, so instead utilizes mana in it's purest form to create things like mana blades, or to increase the cutting power of his weapons.

Other Abilities: A form of limited immortality that stems from his awakened pact with Elora, prevents physical deterioration through constant regenerative simulation. This is the only ability he possesses that increases or decreases in effectiveness depending upon how physically close Elora is to him. At it's best, even fatal wounds can be recovered from at a considerable pace; though no matter the distance, it also renders him immune to most diseases, including things like Lycanthropy. He possesses speed and strength beyond that of normal humans, has an innate danger sense, and can resist mental interference from telepathic individuals to some extent, while also possessing the ability to 'recall' the memories of some of his ancestors, granting him access to some of their abilities.

Origin/Family Background: Rian comes from a family of formerly impoverished aristocrats, who became impoverished due to a dark plot by a fellow noble family. Still, the family heir continued to fight for their king, Richard I of England, but he was constantly put on the front lines due to his poor standing with the other aristocrats, and though he didn't agree with everything the king did, the heir fought hard, using the innate sixth sense his family possessed. But he ultimately grew tired from the unending battles, became surrounded by enemy soldiers, and was ultimately struck down by an enemy knight who moved with speed, “beyond that attainable by man.”

As he lay dying, he was confronted by a goddess-like woman who offered him a pact; she would revive him, and grant him power, but in return, he would have to become her guardian, and 'uphold the balance in the world.' When questioned as to who she was, she simply responded with “My name is Elora. And I am one who seeks to keep the balance.”

In the end, he made that pact, and defeated the demon knight who had 'killed' him.

And as a further consequence of the pact, his descendants were affected and bound by it as well.

Under her guidance, the heir and his descendants formed a small group known as the 'Guardians' which was made up of both family and their closest friends, and became soldiers who struck out at darkness. They hunted down the monsters that stalked the streets, and drove out the creatures that were normally hidden by the darkness, while, due to their conscience, stopping occasionally to help out with more mundane issues, such as stopping criminals who stole from travelers, or helping a town prepare itself for a large storm.

The clan remained about the same size, the descendants of the original members appearing to take their parent's place, and their reputation as monster hunters steadily increased to the point that people sought them out to deal with major supernatural events, and they were able to turn the job given to them by Elora into something they could use to make a living.

Fast forward to modern day, to Rian, the current head of the Carunias family, and the eighth generation
of those bound by the pact. He held a natural talent for both battle, and his schoolwork, and was taught in his childhood to wield both modern, and medieval weapons. (It was traditional for the heir to learn how to use a sword.) He was a nice enough boy, and had a good relationship with most of the people that made up his 'family,' which, since his parents were always somewhere out in the world, were his parent's best friends and their children.

Then came his nineteenth birthday, the day that the people of his family normally met with Elora for the first time, who had a tendency to only appear long enough to give orders before vanishing.

He went to meet her as his family usually did...

And started questioning everything from her motives to who and what she actually was, what her eventual goal involved.

Which, for some odd reason, seemed to impress her enough that she decided to personally join him on the tasks that she had requested that he do, which, in retrospect, were simply the same things his family had done in the past, though the frequency of the missions was admittedly lower, and Rian used his free time to simply enjoy the peace with his friends...

Until they ran into a particularly irritated reality-warping mage, who decided that due to a rather smart remark by Rian, he was going to send both him and Elora, into what he called the 'void.'

Of course, this wasn't the first time a member of his family had been tossed in there, a certain author had been quite fond of opening doors to places that really shouldn't be opened, but that is a story for another time.

Weapons: A modified Smith and Wesson Model 500 double-action revolver, with a more traditional 6-shot cylinder as opposed to the M500's usual 5-shot cylinder, alongside target sights, and an expensive molded wooden grip. Also possesses a sword made of silver, but tends to not carry it around with him due to how odd it looks to carry around such a weapon in the modern day. He has a switch blade which he keeps in the left pocket of his jacket. Is proficient with most types of melee weapons, but favors swords and spears in combat.

Weakness: Regeneration loses it's efficiency when Elora is either far away from him, or in some form of comatose state. Channeling his ancestors memories for too long may leave him dazed, and temporarily unsure of who he is at this point. Cannot regenerate from being beheaded or having his heart destroyed, although Elora could revive him completely if she's still in good condition.

Likes: Video games, books, free running, music, the moon, the internet.

Dislikes: Prejudice, senseless violence, criminal intent, dogs that howl all night long, and those who insist that Internet Explorer is the best internet browser.

Name: Elora (Not her true name, but it's what she goes by now.)
Race: Human? (Various clues point that she may actually have divine heritage.)
Age: 21 (Physical); Her actual age is unknown, (Well I know, but I'm not saying) but she's at least 800 years old.
Height: 5'11
Weight: She wouldn't answer the question.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Platinum Blond

Appearance: Elora is tall and thin, and while she doesn't care much about how she dresses, her wardrobe ended up being picked out by Rian's childhood friend Karen in a stereotypical 'girl time' moment once Elora officially joined the 'Guardians' as an active member. Her waist length, platinum blonde hair is tied back in a thin pony tail, though her bangs still frame her clear, pretty face. During the more frigid parts of the year, she wears black dress pants, and a long-sleeved, collared, white shirt. While outside she typically wears a black swing jacket over this, because she favors the color black for some reason that Rian doesn't truly understand, and has no real desire to figure out.

She carries no visible weapon, and walks with good posture and a sense of confidence, things that add on to the almost regal aura she seems to give off when she enters a room. She tends to talk quietly, but her perfectly calm tone has the odd tendency to pierce through conversations and get people to listen to her.

Charisma: C
Strength: D++
Agility: C
Intelligence: A
Physic Abilities: Telepathy: A, Can read minds and project her own thoughts and the thoughts of others great distances, and can also implant suggestions in people's minds, so as to convince them that they came up with the idea themselves. This ability does not work on people who possess a pact with her, so Rian is immune to any telepathic suggestions. (Not that she would try it.)
Magic Resistance: A
Magic Ability: A (Divine Magus)
Other Abilities: Regeneration, can completely nullify most forms of mental interference, and she also seems to possess a form of limited prescience, (dreams, and occasional brief visions during the day.)

Weapons: N/A; Mainly uses magic to fight, although she has a small talent with hand to hand combat.

Origin:

Darkness.

Even now, a blank empty space is all that she remembers from the beginning of her life.

For what purpose she had been born, been created, even she doesn't really know. Knowledge of her powers, her eventual goal to fight the darkness, and the general world at large remained intact, but everything else, her childhood, memories of her friends, those memories had disappeared into some dark corner of her mind, locked in a place that she hasn't yet been able to reach.

If there is anything to reach in the first place...

Her first memories our of stepping down onto a battlefield, and through the magical knowledge she still retained, making a contract with a brave young knight who had fallen in battle.

Why did she do it?

You could call it an impulse. She needed soldiers in order to accomplish her goal, the one true thing she still had to look forward to, something that assured her that there had been an “Elora” before this burst of amnesia.

So she made the pact, granted him and his descendants a portion of her power, and sent him on his way, to create the peaceful world that she seemed to desire even after this loss of memory.

He did well, and so did his descendants, but she paid little real attention to the adventures of her 'soldiers' appearing before them only when they needed some form of advice, or when she had something that she wanted them to do.

She kept herself separated from them for a long time...

Until the eighth head of the family appeared, and doing something no one else in his family had done, he questioned her motives, asked who exactly she was, what sort of deity was she?

She didn't think that she was something as powerful as a deity, but his questions revived the ones that she had possessed long ago. And then, when she realized how strong the bond of the pact had become over the century's, that this young man before her was unarguably intertwined with her fate, she grew a sudden interest in him, and due to yet another impulse, decided to fight alongside this one, to better watch how his life would unfold.

And with that choice, after a few months the key to her emotions was recovered, and for the first time in a long time, she could honestly say that she felt 'human'.

If that feeling would continue... perhaps she would follow the orders of someone else for once...

Weakness: Doesn't carry a physical weapon, so she finds it difficult to guard against physical attacks.

Likes: Hot springs, books, sunrise/sunset, music, crescent moon nights, sunny days.
Dislikes: Nothing in particular

--------

And character quotes...

Rian

"...Damn it, are you serious? Look, Elora, I know what happened to Atlantis, I am not gonna pick a fight with a giant."

"Don't be stubborn, Karen. You shouldn't have to do those things by yourself, don't be afraid to ask for help."

Elora

"I cannot decide that for you. Your choice must be what you believe is right Rian, as long as you continue to chase your dreams, if an ending appears, you will have no regrets... He who hesitates is lost, your fate is yours to decide."

"...Who am I? Am I some sort of puppet with delusions of self-determination? No, if to worry and suffer is to be human, than that is what I must be."

And an actual conversation between the two.

Rian: "Alright, so I guess it's my turn to follow orders."

Elora: "Are you really all right with that? You can break our pact and change your future right here if you want... I won't stop you."

Rian: "..."

Elora: "..."

"Rian: "You really don't get it, do you?"

Elora: "?"

Rian: [shakes head] "...Honestly, I may not like how things ended up; I may wish every once in awhile that it was someone else's job to fight the darkness... But this is the legacy of my family. It's not wrong to want to protect people, so I'll do my best to fulfill my family's dream and make them proud."

Elora: "That's your motivation, huh?" [laughs quietly]

Rian: "Hey I was serious! Why are you laughing?"

Elora: "No reason, you're just a much more stubborn person than I thought." [walks away]

Rian: "Huh... What's that supposed to mean?"

Ivan The Mouse
July 21st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Bringing up this thread.

lethum
July 21st, 2011, 03:08 PM
To stay busy after posting a quote that describes your character, let's post a victory or defeat quote of your character losing at some kind of non-lethal competition, such as tabletop games, video games, card games, racing, rock-paper-scissors, charades, online forum based RPs, whatever. As long as it's non-lethal and your char is around to give his/her one liner, do it:

[email protected] Defeat: "FF- no. Two outta 3, let's go, come on!"
[email protected] Victory: "I told you, I know Jankenpo-ryu. Your defeat was assured from the beginning."

Elf
July 21st, 2011, 09:04 PM
I wonder if anyone else is interested in this. I'd like to get a couple of more people in it before I get it started.

Losing quote to any fighting game: "Well, of course you won. You used the most sodding cheap character in the game! Any bloke would have won using *Insert Characters Name here*."

Also, I'd like some Type-Moon characters in this as well, any suggestions or takers?

(And no, I am not going to be playing Archer.)

Chaos Greyblood
July 21st, 2011, 09:13 PM
Wouldn't your husband fit him? :P

I could suggest passing on the word of this RP and see if someone else wants to take a peek. Kinda shameless, but it could work.

lantzblades
July 21st, 2011, 09:47 PM
Archer, full stop i'll play him

Ivan The Mouse
July 22nd, 2011, 03:55 AM
Rattus (First Person Shooter, Victory.) "You don't know how we did it back in our days, young man! You have no idea!"
(First Person Shooter, Defeat.) "I guess I am getting a bit too old for this..."
Neo: (First Person Shooter, Victory.) "♪ It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one~! ♪"
(First Person Shooter, Defeat.) "Damn noobs."
Yukina: (First Person Shooter, Victory.) "Is that so, onii-san?"
(First Person Shooter, Defeat.) "Uu~I'm such bad player..."

RacingeR
July 22nd, 2011, 04:06 AM
Well, I may end up joining this if nobody else does, but I am not sure of how many RP's I will be able to carry, though, since I will have time constraints.

And I still have to think which of my many chars to use. I would use Flathorn, but he is extremely powerful and broken, so probably not...

Elf
July 22nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
Wouldn't your husband fit him? :P

Actually, Archer's not one of his favorite characters. Besides, he does a much, much better Rin and Luvia.

I could suggest passing on the word of this RP and see if someone else wants to take a peek. Kinda shameless, but it could work.

I might have to, the next time I make a fic update honestly. Plus there's nothing wrong with shameless promotion.

Tobias
July 22nd, 2011, 09:44 PM
Actually, Archer's not one of his favorite characters. Besides, he does a much, much better Rin and Luvia. ....moe

Chaos Greyblood
July 22nd, 2011, 11:08 PM
May I actually have a little time to make my profiles of Deadpool and Cole? It may also be possible I'll have a 3rd character in the wings as well; I just have to decide which one's actually worthwhile to use.

Elf
July 23rd, 2011, 08:43 AM
May I actually have a little time to make my profiles of Deadpool and Cole? It may also be possible I'll have a 3rd character in the wings as well; I just have to decide which one's actually worthwhile to use.

Sure!

It's going to probably be a bit before it gets started.

Also, have you read the issues of Deadpool where he works with Captain America and fanboys him? It's epic.

Ivan The Mouse
July 23rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
I want someone to RP Captain America right now, seriously. He he.

MssrNeko
July 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Now that I think of it, this RP needs more Constintine. Looks like I found my 2nd PC.

Elf
July 23rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
Now that I think of it, this RP needs more Constintine. Looks like I found my 2nd PC.

Hell to the yes for that!

I want someone to RP Captain America right now, seriously. He he.

Pre or Post Civil War? Ultimate Cap or Regular Cap?

There are many versions of Steve Rogers to choose from. (Yes, I'm a comic book geek. Cap's my second favorite comic book character, ever.)

lethum
July 23rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Constintin? As in a Tin-Tin adopted by the Constantine family?

Badass.

Elf
July 23rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
Also, I will allow adult situations/sex in this RP. In fact, I'm sort of counting on it. After all, it's my RP idea so porn between characters is inevitable.

lethum
July 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Really? Suddenly my idea of adding a pair (as in twins) of magi from the "To Be a Master" RP becomes more tempting...

On a similar note, is the extra-natural a secret, or will we find a bunch of seers in law enforcement and FMA alchemists providing the industry raw materials?

Elf
July 23rd, 2011, 11:06 PM
Really? Suddenly my idea of adding a pair (as in twins) of magi from the "To Be a Master" RP becomes more tempting...

On a similar note, is the extra-natural a secret, or will we find a bunch of seers in law enforcement and FMA alchemists providing the industry raw materials?

I would say the general public doesn't know, but there are law enforcement agencies and alchemists working in policing things. Ironically, Forest has a rep as being sort of a terrorist/vigilante. Even though she plays the superhero role quite often.

Ace
July 23rd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Why does it seem like everyone is tempting me to join their RPs? I'm in about 7 already but this gives me a good chance to use an OC of mine...

lethum
July 23rd, 2011, 11:22 PM
Did the civilians also arrive through random chance? Is there a rural area around the city? Who deals witth the new people who arrive, if they are still arriving? Everyone can read and speak English? Can Muggles stop being Muggles through training or magic or genetics/birth?

Fangstrike
July 23rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
I saw the character template, but are distributing/limiting stats up to us?

Ivan The Mouse
July 24th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Pre or Post Civil War? Ultimate Cap or Regular Cap?

There are many versions of Steve Rogers to choose from. (Yes, I'm a comic book geek. Cap's my second favorite comic book character, ever.)

Steve Rogers! Just right before get got into a fight against Tony Stark over a Super Registration Act! The one who got shot then stuck between the folds of reality's fabric!

Did the civilians also arrive through random chance? Is there a rural area around the city? Who deals witth the new people who arrive, if they are still arriving? Everyone can read and speak English? Can Muggles stop being Muggles through training or magic or genetics/birth?

Two of my OCs are just Muggles immortalized.

lethum
July 24th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Well, I meant that for example, if an HP wizard shows up, can we expect muggleborns to show up? Archer'll be around, but will there be people running around with Magic Circuits? With Cap America joining the police, or whatever, will mutants pop up in the general population (as in not coming from away in the multiverse, but from the 'native' population)?

Elf
July 25th, 2011, 12:10 AM
I saw the character template, but are distributing/limiting stats up to us?

Stats are limiting to the player. Just like if you were playing D&D.

There's a Rural Area around the City. Think of it as Earth, but a really messed up Earth. As to who deals with who arrives, well, it depends on where they arrive at and how much of a "reading" Forest picks up psycically. She tries to be the welcome wagon for as many as she can for a couple of reasons:
1.) She's a giant soft hearted Moral Fag who does the right thing.
2.) To assess potential threats.
3.) To help others who are lost and confused because she's a soft hearted moral fag who tries to do the right thing.

I'd say yes because of the Phenomenon everyone can read and speak English, like Servants with the grail, and yes, some Muggles can stop being muggles through training or making deals with higher powers, learning how to tap into other sources of power etc.

Well, I meant that for example, if an HP wizard shows up, can we expect muggleborns to show up? Archer'll be around, but will there be people running around with Magic Circuits? With Cap America joining the police, or whatever, will mutants pop up in the general population (as in not coming from away in the multiverse, but from the 'native' population)?

Pretty much yes to all of these.

If someone from one universe shows up, then that opens a way for others of that same universe to come through and traits of that same universe to come through as well. And in some cases they may start to blend. Like the Dresden Wizards and the Type-Moon Mages have a lot in common etc.

lethum
July 25th, 2011, 12:22 AM
...now all we need is a name for the city.

And a name for the good guys receiving newcomers?

And one for the Rival Newcomer Receiving Office...

Ivan The Mouse
July 25th, 2011, 08:32 AM
...now all we need is a name for the city.

I'm thinking of naming it as Nexus City, but it sounds too futuristic.

And a name for the good guys receiving newcomers?

The Retainers, it was the first thing that came to my mind.

And one for the Rival Newcomer Receiving Office...

Department of Public Works and Safety. It also does the job of what it is named after.

Elf
July 25th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'm thinking of naming it as Nexus City, but it sounds too futuristic.

What about . . . Conversion City?

The Retainers, it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Well, Forest is going to be attempting to receive a lot of Newcomers before hand freelance, but there should be a group who does it officially. And we're going to need characters for that group too.

The Retainers could be their Nickname.

Department of Public Works and Safety. It also does the job of what it is named after.

I'd go with that, we'd also need members for that group too.

burningclaw2
July 25th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Name:Ren Emiya
Race:Human-magus
Height:5'3"
Weight:120
Eyes: Red
Hair: Snow white, down mid back and done in a ponytail
Appearance: Semi-athletic build similar to a gymnist. Semi-tan skin. Wears glasses, a skin-tight white t-shirt, blue jeans, blue fingerless gloves, and white sneakers.
Charisma:C
Agility:B
Speed:C+
Magic Resistance:C-
Magic Ability: Summon Familiar- Alvriss(D-EX): Allows Ren to summon Alvriss, wooden dolls animated by magic. Quantity and Quality of dolls summons effects rank, higher ranks costs more mana. Various famliar spells (D-A)
Other Abilities:Gunmanship (C)
Origin: Ren is from a world where Shirou and Sakura had gotten married and had children. Ren is the youngest of boy among his siblings and had found a calling in creating/summoning and manipulating Alvriss in a variety of ways. He dolls may not be the strongest familiars but they are certainly lethal in a fight, whether from surprise attacks or simply using a strategy the military top brass calls clusterf***ing. Ren has two methods for creating his alvriss. The first is simply having them built using mundane methods (or having other Alvriss do it for him) this preserves mana and lets him store them until his summons them from where they are kept. The second method is a summoning where he creates them purely from his magic. Ren prefers to have at least 1000 alvriss available to him. The Alvriss vary in size from regular doll size to full grown human male size and are armed with a variety of weapons, from knives to guns. He is slightly bipolar as one moment he can be kind like his parents to being a complete jackass the next. He goes to (or went if the school does not exist in the world for some reason anymore) the same school as his parents and is a member of the student council. He has trained his whole life to be a magus like the rest of his family.
Weakness: Same weaknesses as any other human, runs out of mana, or cannot use his alvriss
Dislikes: horror films/games, liver, and broccoli

Fangstrike
July 25th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Stats are limiting to the player. Just like if you were playing D&D.

I've only recently got a glimpse of D&D, so I'm not too familiar with it.

Elf
July 25th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I've only recently got a glimpse of D&D, so I'm not too familiar with it.

Well, it's like you choose your own stats, but don't over power yourself, you know?

Fangstrike
July 25th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Well, it's like you choose your own stats, but don't over power yourself, you know?

Got it.

lethum
July 25th, 2011, 06:08 PM
How many people are there now? Enough to start?

I'm interested in having that one char being part of the government agency...

MssrNeko
July 25th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I'll have my profiles up, sooner or later. Nathan, John, and Vigilante are almost complete.

Fangstrike
July 25th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I'll have my profiles up, sooner or later. Nathan, John, and Vigilante are almost complete.

Since it's up to us to create them, are we just posting them in the thread and bypassing any application process?

Mike1984
July 25th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Name:Ren Emiya-Matou
Race:Human-magus
Height:5'3"
Weight:120
Hair: Snow white, down mid back and done in a ponytail
Appearance: Semi-athletic build similar to a gymnist. Semi-tan skin. Wears glasses, a skin-tight white t-shirt, blue jeans, blue fingerless gloves, and white sneakers.
Charisma:C
Agility:B
Speed:C+
Magic Resistance:C-
Magic Ability: Summon Familiar- Alvriss(D-EX): Allows Ren to summon Alvriss, wooden dolls animated by magic. Quantity and Quality of dolls summons effects rank, higher ranks costs more mana. Various famliar spells (D-A)
Other Abilities:Gunmanship (C)
Origin: Ren is from a world where Shirou and Sakura had gotten married and had children. Ren is the youngest of boy among his siblings and had found a calling in creating/summoning and manipulating Alvriss in a variety of ways. He dolls may not be the strongest familiars but they are certainly lethal in a fight, whether from surprise attacks or simply using a strategy the military top brass calls clusterf***ing. Ren has two methods for creating his alvriss. The first is simply having them built using mundane methods (or having other Alvriss do it for him) this preserves mana and lets him store them until his summons them from where they are kept. The second method is a summoning where he creates them purely from his magic. Ren prefers to have at least 1000 alvriss available to him. The Alvriss vary in size from regular doll size to full grown human male size and are armed with a variety of weapons, from knives to guns. He is slightly bipolar as one moment he can be kind like his parents to being a complete jackass the next. He goes to (or went if the school does not exist in the world for some reason anymore) the same school as his parents and is a member of the student council. He has trained his whole life to be a magus like the rest of his family.
Weakness: Same weaknesses as any other human, runs out of mana, or cannot use his alvriss
Dislikes: horror films/games, liver, and broccoli

Seems interesting, although I'm sure Sakura has no love for the name "Matou", and certainly no wish to pass it on to her children. She would surely just take Shirou's name instead.

burningclaw2
July 26th, 2011, 03:57 AM
True I guess I could be from one of the worlds where the Matou's are not complete bastards to Sakura. zouken would have still been semi-evil arse but possible not enough to screw with Sakura to canon levels. I wrote after recently rereading Sword of the Crimson Moon (I think it was) by RanmaBushido

Mike1984
July 26th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Well, even if that were the case, Sakura is still unlikely to have any attachment to the name, and since it's traditional for the woman to take the man's name anyway, it wouldn't be expected of her to retain it after marriage.

burningclaw2
July 26th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Kk, thanks Mike BL's foremost Sakura Matou(possibly Emiya in some worlds) expert.

Altima of the Gates
July 26th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Lol, he is kinda right, but do what you like.

But really, your Ren is a perfect setup for the Sakura in my story (since she can't have children, and her familiars fill that void) but I can't unfortunately.

Sad times.

burningclaw2
July 26th, 2011, 03:52 PM
My original Ren idea was that is a friendless kid and he first friend was his very first Alvriss. That Ren would have suffered from insanity from time to time especially when bringing out large swarms of Alvriss. Ren's fighting style was that of a clusterf*** mixed with hit and run. Ren himself never appears in a fight always using an alvriss double which fights terribly. This would change after they 'play dead' from a heart or head area lethal blow. Then they sneak attack you followed by being repaired. When Ren did appear in a fight it was to unleash high level ice/darkess magic. The version for this RP is watered down to the point Ren cannot fight without his dolls and they are pretty much his only weapon. Ren still uses double dolls and his repair spell so he will be annoying to fight.

Fangstrike
July 26th, 2011, 04:36 PM

But really, your Ren is a perfect setup for the Sakura in my story (since she can't have children, and her familiars fill that void) but I can't unfortunately.

Sad times.

Is this sad story somewhere on this forum?

Chaos Greyblood
July 26th, 2011, 08:24 PM
What other characters are you guys gonna use? Will you use Western Media as well? Come to think of it, this just begs someone like Haruhi appearing here.

lethum
July 27th, 2011, 03:03 AM
So, testing some ideas...

It was a dark and stormy night, in the city-state called Conversion City. Minutes earlier, a person had appeared out if thin air, in the middle of the air three meters above a restaurant. The short blonde girl, for that was how the person looked like, had taken her time to gather her bearings. After noting her position on top of the building, and finding no stairs or a convenient lower building or nearby window, she walked to the edge of the building and looked down to the dark alley.

Finding it deserted, if dirty and dark, she jumped down. It was a seven meter drop, at least, too much for a normal person to survive, but she survived. The only sign of the girl feeling following the laws of physics were the way her legs flexed to absorb the impact of the hit. Now drenched in the shadows of the alley, and in the water from the very heavy rain that was falling, the blonde began to make her way out of the alley.

I was not to be...

Almost invisible thanks to the rain, the alley and their own supernatural qualities, several human shapes surrounded the blonde, making her stop in place. They were vampires, one of the many breeds of their kind that made up the extra-natural ecosystem of the city. This particular kind had limited enhanced healing, increased physical powers, a weakness to sunlight that was not readily apparent -given that their bodies stored solar energy, and after reaching a limit in a few minutes they exploded-, weakness to religious symbols, sunlight, decapitation and damage to the heart, the ability to digest human food and access to a kind of magic that was fueled only by the blood of humans, drank directly from the source.

For a few seconds, nobody moved in the alley, and the tension quickly rose. The vampires had come for a potentially powerful childe to turn, as predicted by the seers of the Mafia they belonged to, but they could feel that the young woman was not just powerful, but supernaturally opposed to their natures: most likely a hunter. The girl, however, had just attempted to sacrifice herself to save her sister, and she was tired enough to want to avoid a fight.

When the killing intent that filled the air reached a crescendo and all the beings in the alley stealthily prepared their muscles and balance for a crushing first blow or a punishing counterattack, something blinded everyone in the alley, and screams started. In a cacophony of heavy rain, pained screams, roars of impotent rage an hurried moving, the alley was quickly emptied, leaving only a blinding white fog that began to slowly dim.

From the street, a young man entered the room. Black leather shoes, black suit pants, a bright orange shirt, a solid black tie and a black suit jacket made up his clothes. If not for the light show, it was clear that the black haired person only needed to hide the shirt to disappear in the shadows. Even the street was not particularly bright, so it was quite easy to see that he and his clothes were glowing white, with all the colors of the rainbow dancing in the edges. It was a skill he had copied from comic books and television after he'd been publicly dubbed the "Rainbow Lantern".

Blinking the spots from her vision far faster than a normal human would have, the woman was gone from her spot in the middle of the alley, and now was standing closer to a big metal dumpster, using it to guard her back. The glow of the fog had diminished enough to make looking directly at the light possible, and the girl could see that what just looked like a fog when shinning bright was actually a floating forest composed of innumerable tiny crosses with arms as thin as needles. The simple yet powerful religious symbols had driven away the vampires.

"Good night. I am called Lucas Rubén Solos, and I work for the National Security Agency, in the Department of Abrupt Unanticipated Immigration. If you come with me you will receive, courtesy of the government of Conversion City, temporary room, food and board and your legal identity can be created, so that you can receive the full protection of the law, after you appeared within Conversion City through a Type 2, Class 3 Unranked Extra-natural transport. Do you have a any questions, ma'am?"

The girl, the Slayer, only blinked.

Of course, I have no idea what I'd do with this plot-line, or if I want Lucas to join that organization, so...it's just a test snippet, for fun.

Hope you enjoyed it, anyway.

Ivan The Mouse
July 27th, 2011, 05:00 AM
What about . . . Conversion City?

That might do.

Well, Forest is going to be attempting to receive a lot of Newcomers before hand freelance, but there should be a group who does it officially. And we're going to need characters for that group too.

The Retainers could be their Nickname.

Lethum gave it a name, it was Department of Abrupt Unanticipated Immigration. But I want to just shorten it as Department of Immigration. Or something like that.

I'd go with that, we'd also need members for that group too.

I'm thinking of naming the DPWS characters after defense contractors and arms manufacturers, like:

Patricia L. Martin (Lockheed Martin) (Yes, after the Lucky Star character of the same name.)
Matthew N. Grumman (Northrop Grumman)
Allan Raytheon
Jeffrey Thales
Alicia Boeing
Brandon A. Erlenmeyer (BAE Systems)

Well, the idea sounds lame. He he.

Fangstrike
July 27th, 2011, 07:19 PM
What other characters are you guys gonna use? Will you use Western Media as well? Come to think of it, this just begs someone like Haruhi appearing here.

LOL. She'd break the system.

So far, I'm going for canon characters, no OCs yet. Vampire Hunter D, Mido Ban, Accelerator, and Homura Akemi.

Altima of the Gates
July 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/159-Public-Proofreading

This is only the first draft of the prologue. Just started it this week. Still working on it.

Ivan The Mouse
July 28th, 2011, 02:49 AM
LOL. She'd break the system.

So far, I'm going for canon characters, no OCs yet. Vampire Hunter D, Mido Ban, Accelerator, and Homura Akemi.

[Greentext mode.]

>No OCs, Canon characters only
>"That's good."
>Sees Homura Akemi
>"She will be beneficial for my OCs, since she needs weapons and ammunition and he needs powerful magical allies. Fair game."
>Sees Accelerator
>"...Oh crap."

Mike1984
July 28th, 2011, 07:11 AM

Well, of course he can do what he likes, but it's not like it's a particularly crucial change, so I would say it's entirely constructive criticism. It would make more sense for him to just be "Emiya", and it wouldn't in any way alter the nature of the character.

You know, I could actually use him, because I'm looking for a few extra kids for Sakura and Shirou (I currently have three properly characterised, but I want them to have more, really)....

It's not really a "sad story", other than the fact that she can't have kids.

MssrNeko
July 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM
@Elf: You said earlier that since our characters are from different worlds, other characters native from that universe can appear in Conversion City. Could that mean that we can RP cameo apperances.

E.g. Since I'm using Constintine, would it be feasible to have Chas, Lucifer, or even Morpheus appear as cameos?

Fangstrike
July 29th, 2011, 01:29 AM
I think I'll be changing my roster a bit. Keeping Accelerator and Homura Akemi. D's a maybe, since I worry about doing him justice. Dropping Mido Ban to make room for Archer Emiya and Rider Medusa - for the lemon possibility.;)

Elf
July 30th, 2011, 01:29 AM
E.g. Since I'm using Constintine, would it be feasible to have Chas, Lucifer, or even Morpheus appear as cameos?

I would say yes as long as anyone else isn't currently playing those characters.

I think I'll be changing my roster a bit. Keeping Accelerator and Homura Akemi. D's a maybe, since I worry about doing him justice. Dropping Mido Ban to make room for Archer Emiya and Rider Medusa - for the lemon possibility.;)

Wait, I thought Lantz was playing Archer?

LOL, and it's no where near as fun to RP porn with yourself you know.

Awww, no D? Ironically, in the books he's a giant asshole and a bit of a smart ass.

(And Ironically, there's a whole slew of people who now ship Archer/Rider. I wonder why.)

Chaos Greyblood
July 30th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Dudette, it's freaking Medusa. I'd tap that godly ass in a heartbeat if I had that chance.

lantzblades
July 30th, 2011, 02:45 AM

I am

Elf
July 30th, 2011, 03:01 AM
So, no doubles. That would be too confusing. However, it could be hilarious in the case of Archer.

Same with Homo-chan.

Fangstrike
July 30th, 2011, 04:52 AM
I would say yes as long as anyone else isn't currently playing those characters.

LOL, and it's no where near as fun to RP porn with yourself you know.

Awww, no D? Ironically, in the books he's a giant asshole and a bit of a smart ass.

(And Ironically, there's a whole slew of people who now ship Archer/Rider. I wonder why.)

I am

Sorry, Lantz. Didn't know someone had laid claim already. I don't keep up well with threads.

Well, guess that reduces my roster to Accelerator, Homura Akemi, and maybe D. Concerning D, I've only watched the films and read the manga. Haven't touched the books, but after hearing that comment about him being an asshole, I'm really tempted to pick it up. Are the novels good Elf?

So, no doubles. That would be too confusing. However, it could be hilarious in the case of Archer.

Same with Homo-chan.

What? Somebody else has claimed Homu-chan too or were you just referring to the hilarity of Homuchan meeting an alternate self?

Ivan The Mouse
July 30th, 2011, 05:31 AM
What? Somebody else has claimed Homu-chan too or were you just referring to the hilarity of Homuchan meeting an alternate self?

I think it is the latter.

Elf
July 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Well, guess that reduces my roster to Accelerator, Homura Akemi, and maybe D. Concerning D, I've only watched the films and read the manga. Haven't touched the books, but after hearing that comment about him being an asshole, I'm really tempted to pick it up. Are the novels good Elf?

The novels are . . . fun actually. They're very much pulp fiction and D is almost a Gary Stu. Almost, but that's partly because we never get the book in D's POV except for two of them later in the series and most of the time it's how everyone else interprets D. But I do enjoy reading them and they have gorgeous illustrations to them.

I'd at least read the first VHD book.

But yes, D is an asshole and very much a smart ass at times. It's just a more subtle snark than Left Hand.

The hilarity of Homo-chan meeting an alternative self. :)

Elf
August 4th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Not to double post but, so . . . anyone up to begin this?

Kieran
August 4th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Are you looking for a simple yes/no, or an opening post?

Elf
August 4th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Yes or no, I'd actually start a different thread for the actual RP.

Kieran
August 4th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Then, yes. :)

Chaos Greyblood
August 4th, 2011, 10:31 PM
You know, I think I got my 3rd character thought out.

I give you a hint: She comes from a particularly and recent popular franchise from Sega. :)

Ivan The Mouse
August 4th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Aye.

Chaos Greyblood
August 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM
So, does that mean we now have something to work with so that we can start crafting our characters?

Elf
August 4th, 2011, 10:44 PM
You know, I think I got my 3rd character thought out.

I give you a hint: She comes from a particularly and recent popular franchise from Sega. :)

Bayonetta!

So, does that mean we now have something to work with so that we can start crafting our characters?

I'd suggest getting your profiles together, I'll give a shout out when I get the pages up.

Chaos Greyblood
August 4th, 2011, 11:07 PM
No, unfortunately it isn't Bayonetta. Try again, Elf. :)

Elf
August 4th, 2011, 11:11 PM
No, unfortunately it isn't Bayonetta. Try again, Elf. :)

That one Valkyrie from Valkeria Chronicles?

Chaos Greyblood
August 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Yes. Selvaria! *o* She is fukken love.

lethum
August 4th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I say yes! And ask what's going on...

MssrNeko
August 4th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Yes, please.

Fangstrike
August 5th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Yes. Selvaria! *o* She is fukken love.

Darn. Another hottie taken.

Nice choice, Chaos, thought I question if Selvaria fits in this timeline... I guess it's not a big deal for her.

MssrNeko
August 5th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Am I the only one using Western characters?

Chaos Greyblood
August 5th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Darn. Another hottie taken.

Nice choice, Chaos, thought I question if Selvaria fits in this timeline... I guess it's not a big deal for her.

If Elf manages to cook up some cataclysm that brings the characters together, I think I have a nice idea how to bring her around.

Fangstrike
August 5th, 2011, 01:17 AM
If Elf manages to cook up some cataclysm that brings the characters together, I think I have a nice idea how to bring her around.

Now you've piqued my interest on how your gonna solve this problem. Meh, I don't think it's a big deal, since rather than being too advanced, Selvaria's in the other direction.

Must go think of some pimping badass suitable for Selvaria... When are you taking her from?

After she goes nuke?

lantzblades
August 5th, 2011, 01:48 AM

no you aren't, I haven't decide who among the cast i'll be using but it's a ninja from a western game

and if you're using selvaria then I might have to use an OC from VC i have...

Ivan The Mouse
August 5th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Can anyone please elaborate the setting of this RP?

Elf
August 5th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Modern Day, big city, Urban Fantasy, shenanigans happen.

lethum
August 5th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Do we live in the city-state of Conversion City?

Ivan The Mouse
August 5th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Allow me make a rudamentary map for Conversion City, if the GM wills.

Elf
August 7th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Allow me make a rudamentary map for Conversion City, if the GM wills.

Sure if you want to.

Kieran
August 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM

Nope. (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/768-Cross-Effects-A-Multiverse-RP-(Idea-ish)?p=198177&viewfull=1#post198177)

Chaos Greyblood
August 7th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Mssrneko hasn't seen me posting the profiles on Deadpool and Cole, it seems. :P

Elf
August 8th, 2011, 10:59 PM
And the Character profile page is up here: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/885-Cross-Effects-Character-Profiles?p=258070#post258070

So go head and start your profiles.

lethum
August 8th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Done.

Ivan The Mouse
August 9th, 2011, 01:07 PM
(Sigh.)

I can't find a good way or software to make the city map.

lethum
August 9th, 2011, 07:57 PM
You try following these instructions (http://www.ehow.com/how_5026060_make-city-map.html), though I admittedly have yet to try them out. Or you can use paint, or even pen and paper and a scanner.

Elf
August 9th, 2011, 10:12 PM
One Rule is: Before you get to play your character(s) you have to post their bios.

lantzblades
August 9th, 2011, 10:36 PM
right, gotcha, that'll be along soon

Ivan The Mouse
August 11th, 2011, 10:29 AM

From this day onwards, I will not touch Campaign Cartographer 3 again ever.

I will just design Conversion City from pencil and paper as a guide, then transferring it to Paint.

lethum
August 11th, 2011, 11:24 AM
That bad?

Ivan The Mouse
August 12th, 2011, 03:08 AM
That bad?

Too complicated to use.

Ivan The Mouse
August 12th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I hope I'm not making a problem in double posting.

I have some ideas on Conversion City's districts and landmarks.

Highway 30
-The road that goes through the city. It leads into it and out of it.

Anathema
-The slums of Conversion City, where all the poor and the criminal elements of the city stay and thrive.
-Most gangs and illegal syndicates have their territories here, so the local police force usually wouldn't even bother coming here.

Cornucopia
-The affluent district of the city.
-Most mob bosses live here.

More to come.

lethum
August 12th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I was thinking...every city has a "red light" district. A place where a college freshman or a tourist can go looking for 'fun' without putting life or limb in peril. Somewhat what Anathema seems to be, only...not slums. And with a higher presence of the authorities.

That said, given the variety of stuff that probably appears on the city, tastes are varied, and places catering to the same tastes will gather, leading to smaller "otherwise colored" districts within the district. Like Chinatown in american cities, these specialized districts would have either significant nicknames (like Laurelindorean for elves, or Tartarus for demons) or some related color code to be associated with the district (like the Scarlet District for vampires, and the rainbow district for fairies).

But those three seem fine.

Ivan The Mouse
August 12th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Well, not until Ma'am Elf gives me some ideas on how exactly the city will look and feel like, we will just need to assume things about the city itself.

Elf
August 12th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Well, I actually like Ivan's ideas for the city so far.

Honestly, I really suck at geography, but I agree there should be a "Slums", a High Class End, a Red Light District, some place along the outskirts of the city that's home to nature dwellers. Throw me out some ideas. Like I said, I suck at making geography.

Chaos Greyblood
August 12th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Geography... It's been a long time since I've had such classes.

If I can make a suggestion, why not base a geographical map from some famous location from most media like videogames. Such places like Empire City, Vice City or whereever can serve for this.

lethum
August 13th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I searched for roughly 15 minutes, and found a tool called "Role Playing City Map Generator" version 5.4, that is so easy to make that it literally had "Large Central-European City" and "US-American Big City" templates.

I'm having it run to see what it gives.

Chaos Greyblood
August 13th, 2011, 12:15 AM
That is an awesome idea.

lethum
August 13th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Behold! The fruits of my labor*!
http://i54.tinypic.com/qobvys.jpg
*read: waiting for the 11 minutes + less than 60 seconds it took to generate.

Feel free to use paint on top to mark zones and districts and stuff.

Ivan The Mouse
August 13th, 2011, 12:51 AM
I see a Highway 30 there.

And I need a name for the downtown, it's the center island.

If there's a Vampire District, I'll call it "Sangria".

Financial District can be called "Mammon" but it sounds out of place.

The Industrial District is...I have no name for it yet.

lethum
August 13th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I think it's fine for magic people to give awesome names to their turfs, but the mundane districts and so should have boring or silly names, like "Liberty", "Mibar" or even "Goldpile".

You know, kinda like real cities sometimes have named regions that aren't special(like Brooklyn, for example). But that's just my opinion, and the person with the final say is not me.

Elf
August 13th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Dude, that's awesome, and I do like the fact there's a river and two lakes.

Places of Interest:

The Red Light District- (Maybe a better name pending) A den of iniquity filled with pleasures of the flesh. With enough money and the right connections one's deepest, darkest dreams can come true. It's a favored spot for a lot of vampires, incubi and succubi.

The Dirge- The Land of the Forgotten, the stereotypical "wrong side of the track". Only the bravest souls have the courage to venture to this part of town. Gangs, violence and the people who have seeped into the cracks dwell here. It's a No Man's Land and the police rarely venture there. Like "Old Town" of Sin City fame, it has its own Law that keeps the status quot there.

Downtown- The industrial area of town, there's a few factories there as well as a few older offices.

St. George- The art district of town. A few magic practitioners can be found here, especially the ones who openly sell their goods to the public.

Uptown- The business area of town, lots of offices there.

The Ritz- The nicer area of town, nice homes, fine stores and restaurants.

The 'Burbs- The residential area surrounding the city.

The Sticks- The more isolated part outside of the city, Fae and nature dwellers live there.

. . . That's sort of what I have so far.

lethum
August 13th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Hm...I kinda need sleep, but tomo- later today, I'll try to assign actual places to the districts, and maybe use the program to add labels to the streets.

Ivan The Mouse
August 13th, 2011, 02:34 AM
That will work better as well.

Kieran
August 13th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Places of Interest:

The Red Light District- (Maybe a better name pending) A den of iniquity filled with pleasures of the flesh. With enough money and the right connections one's deepest, darkest dreams can come true. It's a favored spot for a lot of vampires, incubi and succubi.

I vote for "Skin City."

The Dirge- The Land of the Forgotten, the stereotypical "wrong side of the track". Only the bravest souls have the courage to venture to this part of town. Gangs, violence and the people who have seeped into the cracks dwell here. It's a No Man's Land and the police rarely venture there. Like "Old Town" of Sin City fame, it has its own Law that keeps the status quot there.

Downtown- The industrial area of town, there's a few factories there as well as a few older offices.

St. George- The art district of town. A few magic practitioners can be found here, especially the ones who openly sell their goods to the public.

Uptown- The business area of town, lots of offices there.

The Ritz- The nicer area of town, nice homes, fine stores and restaurants.

The 'Burbs- The residential area surrounding the city.

The Sticks- The more isolated part outside of the city, Fae and nature dwellers live there.

. . . That's sort of what I have so far.

Sounds like my character's turf is probably Downtown - a small, rundown office that's in the cheap section of town, but not quite as hostile as the Dirge (though he probably ventures there and the Red Light District more often than most, as necessary). City streets and narrow alleys - it'd feel like home.

Dude, that's awesome, and I do like the fact there's a river and two lakes.

As a hydromancer, me too. :D

Fangstrike
August 13th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I see a Highway 30 there.

And I need a name for the downtown, it's the center island.

If there's a Vampire District, I'll call it "Sangria".

Financial District can be called "Mammon" but it sounds out of place.

The Industrial District is...I have no name for it yet.

Love the names. Anathema too, which sounds more like an area to encompass all the underworld districts.

Sangria makes me think we should have a group of Werewolves to offset the Vamps, like conflicting mafia groups.

Elf
August 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM
See, werewolves act as hired muscle to a lot of vampires, at least in Forest's home world. However here can be different. Lycan is just so over used though.

What about Children of Luna for the werewolves?

Or simply call it "Remus".

Also, get up your profiles if you haven't yet!

Fangstrike
August 14th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Interesting. I've read stories/novels where Werewolves sometimes act as Servants, sometimes as mortal enemies as Vamps.

Children of Luna sounds like almost a sacred name they'd call themselves, whereas Remus sounds like a gang. Both are good in my book.

lantzblades
August 14th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Also, get up your profiles if you haven't yet!

will do, I have a fourth as well but he's sketchy i'll send them in shortly

Chaos Greyblood
August 14th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I promise to try and deliver my profiles sometime this week. The vital stats are a bit of a bitch to come up with as to make them at least somewhat realistic.

lethum
August 14th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Behold! The fruits of my labor part 2!
http://i56.tinypic.com/vhupao.jpg

This is of course, tentative. And done in paint, LIKE A KING.

Fangstrike
August 15th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Lethum, did you draw the whole map?

lethum
August 15th, 2011, 12:08 AM
I used a program that did the city. Then I used paint on the exported img of the city.

Chaos Greyblood
August 18th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Finally! I think I got myself a profile here.

Name: Deadpool
Aliasses: Merc with a Mouth, Jack, Merc, Wade T. Wilson, Chiyonosake(The Wolf of the Wine Rice), amongst others
Allignment: Chaotic Neutral
Citizenship: Canadian
Marital status: Divorced.
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 210 lbs (95 kgs)
Hair: Bald

Allllllllllright, people! You wanted to hear a bit of lil' ol' me? I aim to please!

It's been a while since I've been through many wacky and awesome adventures, but this guy here called Chaos Greyblood (Ooh, kinda creepy!) called me to participate in this RP made by some cool chick named Elf! Gotta say, they got some nice taste by having called upon me. :) After having arranged my payment, I'm gonna have me some fun in this world! I'll be able to meet new friends, new foes and perhaps some really nice looking babes that'll want to have a nice time with yours truly.

So, how did we get here, I hear ya all asking? Well, it's a doozy, I tell you that! Remember the time when I was vying for Death's affections? Well, that Thanos guy wasn't exactly keen with me moving onto his territory so I got zapped off of the galaxy and by some huge twist of fate I got into this new city. It's pretty damn big! Maybe not New York big, but you'll know what I mean once you see it. There's so many things I can tell ya, you're not gonna believe your hears when you hear 'em. *Achem!* When I first started out I (Since this would prove to be too long, the editor had to cut most of it due to time constraints)

*BLAM!*

Hey, that was very rude! Anyway, I hear there's gonna be loads of cool characters in this RP. If it's something like Marvel vs Capcom 3, it'll be worth it! But I know who you're gonna be rooting for: Go, me!!! :D

*Looks towards Chaos Greyblood* Hey you! Yeah, you! I'm gonna be busting my ass in this RP while you sit on yours watching me jump around and do stuff?! How's that fair? You better hope I'll do a nice job in this one or the joke's on you, buddy! And gimme a chance to get some sweet babes in there too! Deadpool needs some lovin'! Ooooh yeah!

Ivan The Mouse
August 19th, 2011, 04:19 AM
We have a profile thread for that, I think.

Elyrin
August 20th, 2011, 12:30 AM
I find myself wanting to make a character or two for this, just so I can run into Deadpool...

Elf
August 20th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Factions and NPCs that you guys should know about from the beginning, more will be surprises along the way:

The Remus- Pack of local werewolves who are standing up for themselves and not hiring themselves out as muscle like a lot of of their lesser brethren. They really don't like a lot of the vampire factions and they're leery about the Fae. Also, unlike the "Rabids", they have full control of their abilities and tend to be rather honorable.

The Rabids- Werewolves who have given in completely to their curse, they live for instant gratification. They hire themselves out as muscle and at odds with the Remus.

Deacon Frost- The one from the original "Blade" movie. Definitely not on his Blood God levels, but he's not a force to take lightly. He's oddly charismatic and thinks that vampires, no matter from what reality, should be ruling the cattle. Lives in Uptown. Fond of sponsoring raves to get more to his "Cause".

Chaos Greyblood
August 20th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Great, we're gonna get involved with something akin to Underworld. x___x

And my profiles are finished! Any other guidelines we should look into?

Elf
August 20th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Great, we're gonna get involved with something akin to Underworld. x___x

And my profiles are finished! Any other guidelines we should look into?

Actually, I should be able to start it soon, and don't worry there's more human evils lurking about too. Just Conversion City is not a friendly place for anyone.

Elyrin
August 20th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Urge to join rising...

Problem is I don't know what character(s) I'd use.

Chaos Greyblood
August 20th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I'm a bit concerned for two things. I don't feel that there aren't enough people in this RP since I don't see that many in the Profiles thread. Also, I can't help but feel worried about Selvaria for a bit, seeing that I don't think they'll be someone who knows about Ragnite or somehow is able to craft the equipment that feels akin to her powers.

Sounds like a rough start for Selvaria. T_T

Elf
August 20th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping for some more people wanting to sign up too . . .

And I'm trying to figure out who else I should play too.

lethum
August 20th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Harry Copperfield D., maybe? He shoots magics monster and doesn't afraid of anything.

Elf
August 21st, 2011, 12:09 AM
Harry Copperfield D., maybe? He shoots magics monster and doesn't afraid of anything.

I was toying around with the one wizard in the yellow pages, and Dean from "Supernatural".

Faith from Buffy and Angel should have her profile up soon. (Angel was a first choice until I thought really hard about playing two moral fag vampires.)

lethum
August 21st, 2011, 12:42 AM
An interesting character...Gimli son of Gloin, of LotR fame?

Chaos Greyblood
August 21st, 2011, 01:02 AM
Don't you mean son of Groin? :D

*DM of the Rings reference*

Ivan The Mouse
August 21st, 2011, 08:37 AM
If Lord of the Rings characters are there, I will throw in the dwarves.

Ivan The Mouse
August 26th, 2011, 04:41 AM
[Bumping.]

lethum
August 26th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Word.

People, how attached were you to the old map? Messing around with the Map, I realized that I saved it wrong (I saved the settings the RNG used to make the city instead of saving the city itself-beside the image I exported).

Some stuff, like the three lakes or the many streets and the parks would remain, in a sense. They are part of the settings selected by the Random City generator. But, the actual city will be lost.

What do you say, people? Do we keep the city Map I made, or do I make a new one that can be more easily managed and examined with the "RPG Citymap Generator" program I have (and may share, if someone asks).

Ivan The Mouse
August 26th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Ask Ma'am Elf for that, though honestly I'll rather stick with it.

Ivan The Mouse
September 3rd, 2011, 06:49 AM
LOL GUIZE R WE GOIN 2 CONTINUE WIT DIS?

lethum
September 3rd, 2011, 08:02 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure that all the people who made profiles check up on the thread when it updates, but without input from Elf (GM) people are just...waiting.

Elf
September 5th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Sorry guys, I've been insanely busy of late.

I had a writing deadline, overtime at work, and other fun stuff.

(Now I've got three writing deadlines, but they're not for quite some time, but I'm not going to let them close in on me like this one did.)

MssrNeko
September 5th, 2011, 01:23 AM
That's understandable, Elf. No rush.

Don't overwork yourself.

lethum
September 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Agreed. Take your time.

Ivan The Mouse
September 5th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Aye. We will wait.

Ivan The Mouse
March 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Hallo?

lethum
March 24th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I think we still must wait Ivan.

...still wait...

Ivan The Mouse
June 10th, 2012, 10:07 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/159/325/1262055260350.jpg

HitokiriNanaya
June 10th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I'd be happy to GM for this.

(dear god what did I just say.....)

lethum
June 11th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Ask Elf by PM, then. It's likely for her to get back at you with an answer sooner than you'd expect.

HitokiriNanaya
June 11th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Alright, I've gotten the go ahead from Elf to be GM.

I'll be gone a week from tomorrow(I'm the worse GM already)

The Basic idea: So Cross effects will stay the in idea but be altered. You have come to this mystical city where strange and unusual stuff has been happen. All of time combines here, past, present and future have no meaning and time stops even as the day changes. As you enter you noticed that you've walked right into a Bounded Field and you can't get out. Upon entering the city you receive a letter of distress asking for your help, it has no return address and it is addressed to you specifically so in comes your first decision, what do you do?

Do you ignore the letter and find your own way out, or do respond to it and seek out the writer?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

The Players: There is no number of slots to be filled, however there is a time limit to join, (a large time limit) But still a time limit.

You can be anyone from Tsukihime, Fate, Kara, OC, or if you have a character from a different character in mind from another anime, game or comic. The number of people you will be able to RP as is 2 (This limit will expand or contract depending on the people joining) If making an OC, don't be unbelievable overpowered, if your OC is from the future that is fine too, just don't cause too much of a paradox, people from the past can join as well even if they are dead in canon. People from different verses will follow the same stat sheet, however if you wish to RP someone like, Meiling from Touhou, you will probable have to nerf her from her normal stats, as to why you have to nerf her that is a plot point and will be relieved later as I start really working on this.

You character sheet will look like this:

Name:
Race:
Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:
Appearance:
Background:

Stats: [E -A]
Strength:
Endurance:
Agility:
Magic:
Luck:

Other
Abilities:
Origin(not needed):
Weapons:
Weakness:

Your appearance will be as it says on the Example. If you have a question about something ask away or Pm if you want. Also not everything on the character sheet will be visible in public so if your character has a secret, be sure to let me know so I can exploit itIt's safe with me.

Stats:
If you have A rank stats all around, you better have an exploitable weakness. (Note: Stats ranking are subject to change and fixing.) There is not set limit yet on stats, but I'll get to making some scale for stats so do note that the rank you put on your stats will more than likely change.

Other:
Your skills and weapons will go here, there is no limit on what weapon you can have just....no nukes.

------------

The above is subject to change as I get my stuff in order for this RP, fill free to jump aboard and start working on character sheets, just know that they will go through changes as we get closer to starting the game.

Players:
(Hitokiri Nanaya - GM)
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/Nanaya00/HongMeiling.png
Name: Hong Meiling
Race: Youkai
Height: ???
Weight: ???
Eyes: Teal
Hair: Red
Appearance: Has long, straight scarlet hair with two braids tied with black ribbons. Wears an olive green cap with a bronze star with the Chinese character 龍 (Lóng, lit. Dragon) in the middle. Wears a decorated olive green dress with a white blouse underneath. Has a black ribbon tied on the collar of her blouse.

Background: Is the door guard to the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Her past is a mystery and has been a door guard for as long as anyone can remember. She came to the city looking for the head maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Sakuya Izayoi who disappeared three weeks ago after heading to the same city. She doesn’t intend to leave the city until she finds the head maid.

Likes: Sakuya-san, Scarlet Devil Mansion and everyone in it.

Dislikes: Being ignored.

(Ivan The Mouse)
(Elf)
(Vahan)
(Sei)

http://i41.tinypic.com/rvjz8j.jpg

Name: Lisa Fair

Race: Human/Magus

Height: 165 cm (5'4'')

Weight: 47 kg (104 lbs)

Eyes: Green

Hair: Pink (Dyed)

Background

Lisa is the second born daughter of the Fair family of magi. As such, she was not chosen as the heir to her family’s techniques and secrets. Despite this, Lisa still felt that she was obligated to become stronger and represent the once proud name of the degrading Fairs. As such, while her older sister trained to be a proper magus, Lisa underwent special training in anti-magus combat and tactics.

Unfortunately, as fate would have it, Lisa’s sister would be mortally wounded in an accident during their early teenage years. Seeing that her sister wouldn’t make it, Lisa grieved near endlessly and begged her father to do something. But in the end all that he would do was “save the family’s lineage” by removing the family’s Magic Crest from Lisa’s dying sister and transplanting it onto her.

Since then, Lisa has doubled her efforts in representing her family’s name. In her training she has been commented on as having more potential than her sister and could possibly be recognized by the Association in the future. However, Lisa has shown no interest in hearing such things she longed for in her childhood.

Personality

Lisa is generally an upbeat and optimistic person. Time and time again she will state that she doesn’t like being around downers and generally tries to keep a positive atmosphere going. Laid back and a keeper-of-the-peace, Lisa likes to go through life at her own pace while helping others out where she can.

On the other side however, Lisa sees herself as a sacrifice deep down inside. There will be times when she will become depressed and question herself, her goals, and even her purpose. Feeding to this complex is the ongoing pressure she has to bear in restoring her family’s name. Lisa admittedly does not like being treated as a means to an end, but in the end she resigns to her fate and tries to accomplish her given role to the best of her abilities.

(Chaos Greyblood)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/GCervantes/bds_deadpool_comic-09.jpg

Name: Deadpool
Aliasses: Merc with a Mouth, Jack, Merc, Wade T. Wilson, Chiyonosake(The Wolf of the Wine Rice), amongst others
Allignment: Chaotic Neutral
Citizenship: Canadian
Marital status: Divorced.
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 210 lbs (95 kgs)
Hair: Bald

Allllllllllright, people! You wanted to hear a bit of lil' ol' me? I aim to please!

It's been a while since I've been through many wacky and awesome adventures, but this guy here called Chaos Greyblood (Ooh, kinda creepy!) called me to participate in this RP made by some cool chick named Elf! Gotta say, they got some nice taste by having called upon me. http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/images/smilies/smile.png After having arranged my payment, I'm gonna have me some fun in this world! I'll be able to meet new friends, new foes and perhaps some really nice looking babes that'll want to have a nice time with yours truly.

So, how did we get here, I hear ya all asking? Well, it's a doozy, I tell you that! Remember the time when I was vying for Death's affections? Well, that Thanos guy wasn't exactly keen with me moving onto his territory so I got zapped off of the galaxy and by some huge twist of fate I got into this new city. It's pretty damn big! Maybe not New York big, but you'll know what I mean once you see it. There's so many things I can tell ya, you're not gonna believe your hears when you hear 'em. *Achem!* When I first started out I (Since this would prove to be too long, the editor had to cut most of it due to time constraints)

*BLAM!*

Hey, that was very rude! Anyway, I hear there's gonna be loads of cool characters in this RP. If it's something like Marvel vs Capcom 3, it'll be worth it! But I know who you're gonna be rooting for: Go, me!!! http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png

*Looks towards Chaos Greyblood* Hey you! Yeah, you! I'm gonna be busting my ass in this RP while you sit on yours watching me jump around and do stuff?! How's that fair? You better hope I'll do a nice job in this one or the joke's on you, buddy! And gimme a chance to get some sweet babes in there too! Deadpool needs some lovin'! Ooooh yeah!

Likes: Chimichangas!! Money, women, cool weapons. Did I mention chimichangas??
Dislikes: Boring people, not being able to do anything out of boredom.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/GCervantes/Selvaria_Bles_solo.jpg

Name: Selvaria Bles
Aliasses: War Witch, Valkyrur Witch, The Azure Witch
Allignment: Lawful Evil (Post VC1, may become either Lawful Neutral or Good)
Citizenship: East European
Marital status: Single
Height: 6'1''
Weight: 169 lbs
Hair: Silver (Shines in blue when she uses her powers)

Selvaria Bles was part of the Drei Stern, the three commanders that spearheaded the invasion of Galia at the forefront of the Second Europan War. However, her beginnings were less than humble.

When she was a young girl, she used to live inside one of the laboratories as part of a series of experiments whose objectives were to explore the full scope of the powers wielded by the Valkyrur, ancient conquerors who ruled most of Europa in ancient times. As she ran away from the laboratory in a cloudy day, she somehow made her way to the manor where the prince Maximilian lived and met the young lord in the middle of a garden full of blue roses. Maximilian saw something in the young girl, something special that made him take her under his care and gave her the name Selvaria, sharing the name with the blue rose that was in the garden.

Selvaria went into a rigurous military training in service of the Empire and sought to attain her own strength in order to reciprocate His Lordship's kindness and become someone he may always count on. At the age of 23, she rose as high as Brigadier General and thus become the best soldier the Empire had ever seen. She was a cunning warrior, a quick-witted soldier and she was quite deadly with a gun. In particular, she wielded the Ruhm assault riffle like a true professional where few others could afford to master due to its difficulty and she would also use her powers as a Valkyria on ocassion when things got rough. Very few people outside of the Empire knew about her abilities and lived to tell the tale, thus giving her the nickname 'Azure Witch' due to the shining blue glow that enveloped her when she wielded her otherworldy power. Yet almost no one really knew of her true heritage.

Having obtained her lance and shield from the temple on the Barious Desert during the Galian invasion, Selvaria is quick to demostrate her frightening abilities, laying waste to any enemy unit that opposed her lord and her power descended upon the Gallians with the force of a tidal wave. Even as Gallia barely won the day at Barious, they would always be wary whenever the Azure Witch appeared.

The war had become quite difficult as the Empire began to be pushed back from various key positions in Gallia and things got to a head as the Battle of Naggiar would prove to be the turning point of the war. Selvaria explored the scope of her powers further as she defeated many foes one after the other as her unit fought fiercely, inspired with the prowess of their commander. But the later stages of the Battle of Naggiar would be the first step for the fall of the Empire as a young girl named Alicia Melchiot had just awakened her powers as a Valkyrur unconsciously and this marked the most terrible battle ever seen by the men and women of both sides of the war. Alicia avoided and deflected each and every furious blow and strike made by Selvaria and finally brought the older Valkyria down, taking her out of the battle. By the time the dust has settled, the Empire lost the battle and was being pushed further back.

Feeling that she had failed Prince Maximilian and he having expressed it as such, she was ordered to defend the fortress of Ghirlandaio to the bitter end... and such a bitter end would be the Final Flame, a sacrifice made by a Valkyrur as she would use all her remaining power in order to destroy the Gallian forces. Fighting them as a soldier, Selvaria gave it her all in defending Ghirlandaio, still proving to be a most ferocious opponent even without using her Valkyrian powers, but she was defeated once again and was captured. Before she was taken away by one of the brutish Gallian commanders, she looked at Alicia and told her that she found her purpose in life and fought for it to the very last. She also wondered if the younger girl will be able to find her own purpose and come to terms with her heritage and that was the last time they would see of each other.

As the Gallian general began to gloat his 'triumph' and was beside himself with delusions of grandeur, Selvaria asked him if the prisioners were taken away safely. When the reply was positive, Selvaria knew what to do now and finally ended her life in a blaze of glory, destroying everything in Ghirlandaio in a large explosion and wishing nothing but success to Maximilian. This signaled the passing of a great soldier and woman, Selvaria Bles...

Or so this would seem. She had believed that her life ended when she ignited the Final Flame in her body, but somehow she had arrived to a very strange world that felt all to new to her. Her body still whole, Selvaria's visage was filled with a sudden sadness. Didn't she end her life in a dignified manner to honor her former lord's wishes? Why didn't it end then and there in Ghirlandaio? And even more so, did the Empire manage to win the war or not? What of her men? What would she do now? The answers may be found in this new world if she's willing to stand up again and see everything for herself. Would there be a way back to her world or would she find a new life in this one?

Dislikes: Self-doubt, loneliness

(Lethum)
(Ogodaka)
Name: Jack (Samurai Jack)
Height: 5'11~6'0 (I'm not quite sure)
Weight: 150 (Also, not sure)
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Black
Appearance: He wears a traditional white yukata, along with a pair of wooden sandals. His hair is tied up into a knot behind his head.
Background: Wikipedia

Samurai Jack is the son of the Japanese Emperor who ruled the area where Aku originally appeared on Earth, and is banished to the future by Aku during their first battle, where he is left in every episode to search for a way home. He was born on the day that his father defeated Aku and he seems to be the only mortal (aside from his father) to be a match to Aku.

As a boy, after his father was captured by Aku, Jack traveled around the world to prepare both physically and mentally for his confrontation with Aku. He studied under various scholars, such as Egyptian thinkers, and mastered each art of combat from the cultures he met, training with African Zulu warriors, Viking sailors, Robin Hood, Mongolian warriors, Shaolin monks, Greek Olympic contestants, Spartans, Russian Cossacks, and several others.

Later, after being sent into the future, he is taught the ability to jump hundreds of feet into the air by a species of blue gorilla and a jungle man, thus allowing him to reach vast areas he previously could not reach while also giving the impression that he can fly. Jack's magic sword was forged by the gods Odin, Ra, and Rama through three mortal avatars. The sword was forged from the righteous energy within Jack's father; it is able to cut through all but the most magically-protected targets. On the other hand, it is unable to harm beings that are pure of heart, as seen in Episode XXX where Aku steals the sword and attempts to kill Jack with it, but fails even to cut him.

Jack strongly exhibits the characteristics of a stoic hero. He is unfailingly polite and humble despite the completely alien nature of the futuristic world and never scoffs at or disparages the customs of the people he encounters (as unpleasant as they seem to him at times). Despite his almost hopeless situation, he does not bewail his destiny, instead exhibiting a strong amor fati. Jack consistently shows an uncommon moral strength of character by helping the poor and defenseless along the way, in one instance even helping talking dogs that worked for Aku, in another, releasing the souls of a family in a haunted mansion. Occasionally, he faces great physical pain, or has to forget his own goals in order to help someone in need.

His real name has never been revealed (however, his way of replying his name when asked may be a homage to Violence Jack who shares a similar response as well as name). In the second episode however, he began using the name Jack when three teenage aliens, after witnessing Jack survive a huge fall by jumping onto cars, referred to him as Jack while praising him when he landed - in this case, more of a generic term, à la "dude" or "guy." Later, when asked to identify himself, he replied "They call me Jack."

Likes: Righteousness, things that remind him of home, traditional Japanese customs and culture, his friends/allies

Dislikes: Chicken, Aku, Injustice & Villainy

Origin: Righteousness (Probably)
()
()
()
()

Also if anyone wants to co-GM that would be awesome.

Link to New Guide: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?393bj7ar1b3f5dm

Ivan The Mouse
June 11th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Man, I thought anyone from other verses could join, not just Type-Moon. But with limitations.

HitokiriNanaya
June 11th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I was tired when I typed this up so I wanted the basic down, but yeah, anyone from any verse can join.

Vahan
June 11th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Half tempted to join and make a Master-Servant combo ... just not sure who with .... hmmmm, I'ma come back to you, put me down as a maybe.

Elf
June 12th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I'd still think I'd like to join, just for fun.
(Plus if someone else is GMing, that makes things a lot easier on me!)

lethum
June 13th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Also, that one city-map-making program I downloaded long ago for the first iteration is still there in my HD.

Ivan The Mouse
June 13th, 2012, 01:33 AM
I was tired when I typed this up so I wanted the basic down, but yeah, anyone from any verse can join.

And two characters?! ;_;

Please increase it.

HitokiriNanaya
June 13th, 2012, 11:08 AM
And two characters?! ;_;

Please increase it.

Depends on how many people join mouse

Sei
June 13th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I might join.

I have a load of RP characters I need to do something with.

Ivan The Mouse
June 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Depends on how many people join mouse

Why?

Sei
June 13th, 2012, 02:10 PM
It takes a lot to manage a bunch of characters.

Chaos Greyblood
June 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I think we should review the list of participants. I actually brought in 3 characters, though I can't remember if I made all the profiles for them.

Sei
June 13th, 2012, 02:15 PM
3? That's cheating. <.<;

Ivan The Mouse
June 13th, 2012, 02:15 PM
That ain't cheating. That's standard already.

HitokiriNanaya
June 13th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Hopefully I can stop being lazy and start working on the guidebook =3=

Sei
June 13th, 2012, 02:20 PM
It's Wednesday. Weekly lazy day.

Chaos Greyblood
June 13th, 2012, 02:27 PM
The hilarity of Homo-chan meeting an alternative self.

On hindsight, going for Homo-chan tends to bring something like this. XDDDDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb8MLLpvxMs&amp;feature=results_video&amp;playnext =1&amp;list=PL6A90025DD39BB7F4

HitokiriNanaya
June 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Sei have you gotten full rights to Tsukuyomi?

A) When will it start ;___;

B) I might need to use it's stats guide as a guide also.

Sei
June 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Sei have you gotten full rights to Tsukuyomi?

A) When will it start ;___;

B) I might need to use it's stats guide as a guide also.

Yes and no.

Technically I can start it, but I don't want to without Bring doing the story. And he's been pretty busy lately.

And I can send you the stat guide thing, but just know we weren't going to use the old one. <.<

HitokiriNanaya
June 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Its just to help me see how a stat guide would work for this RP, a compare and contrast thing.

I have the old guide which I can use also.

Sei
June 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM
That works then.

But personally I recommend reducing the number of fields for the sake of simplicity. Also to prevent massive min-maxing. <.<

Verg and Mellon's guides are good to look at too.

Chaos Greyblood
June 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
If everyone needs to at least set up your profies, you can go right here. (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/885-Cross-Effects-Character-Profiles?p=258070#post258070)

For those that did post their profiles, you can make corrections, edits and other stuff inside.

lethum
June 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Wait, does that mean that we need to change our profiles to agree with new requirements, or was that a hypothetical "if it happens then do this" thing?

Chaos Greyblood
June 13th, 2012, 03:15 PM
That's not for me to say. You can ask Nanaya or Elf. For now, I leave my profiles as they are until someone tells me that I need to make changes.

Vahan
June 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Deadpool ... oh god, He's going to healthbar-spam us all to death.

Chaos Greyblood
June 13th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Maybe he'll snatch Elf's guidebook from the fourth wall and smash you with it. :D

Sei
June 13th, 2012, 03:27 PM
We all know the greatest bludgeon is the 4th Wall itself.

HitokiriNanaya
June 13th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Wait, does that mean that we need to change our profiles to agree with new requirements, or was that a hypothetical "if it happens then do this" thing?

You make need to change your stats, depends

Vahan
June 13th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Okay, I've just come up with an awesome Character concept. I'm coming at you straight from the Extra-verse with my Monster-class Servant. Guess who ;p

lethum
June 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM
You make need to change your stats, depends
If I'm getting you right, I may need to change my stats, right?

Though, to be honest, this guy was supposed to be somewhat upper-tier, as a somewhat high ranked member of the government agency that deals with acclimatizing newcomers into the city. As a PM, however, he needs regular exposure to a Dementor (due to a lack of Witches and/or Grief Demons to hunt) in order to purify his Grief Seed. Because of the wording of his wish, his adrenaline rushes are addicting both mentally/emotionally and physically.

Sei
June 13th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I'll probably just use Lisa.

Maybe play Yunyun too.

Fingolfin
June 13th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Curious Assertation: Would Samurai Jack or Vash the Stampede be out of place, or are they okay for this setting?

Sei
June 13th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Isn't Vash's Angel Arm equivalent to a Kamehameha? <.<;

Fingolfin
June 13th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Good point. What if I bared that, EOS Vash without his PLANT powers but still with his ridicules marksmanship skills?

Maybe I should stick to Jack.

HitokiriNanaya
June 13th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Curious Assertation: Would Samurai Jack or Vash the Stampede be out of place, or are they okay for this setting?

They would be fine, but be careful of who you pick :3

Chaos Greyblood
June 13th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Isn't Vash's Angel Arm equivalent to a Kamehameha? <.<;

Here I go...

BIONIC... AAAAAAAAAARM!!!