PDA

View Full Version : Sun's Cafe: Dwarf Fortress

Ivan The Mouse
March 15th, 2011, 06:27 AM
http://www.g4g.it/download/thumbnail/Dwarf_fortress_graph_02.jpg

Okay, so this is another offshoot of the Sun's Cafe, specifically the Moonlight Annex. As the old-timers of the Moonlight Annex know, it was created so that it wouldn't clash with the mostly casual RPing that the original Sun's Cafe had, and the same thing goes with the Dwarf Fortress.

But this time, the Dwarf Fortress takes place in, of course, a fortress carved by Dwarves in the mountainous regions just right beside the Moonlight Annex itself. The dwarves and other animals living in this fortress practically amount to hundreds and surprises could happen due to the constant digging of dwarven miners, the general populace's everyday lives and generally dwarven antics. Also, it is based from the game "Dwarf Fortress", although numerous liberties are applied.

So far, I only remember two rules from the Moonlight Annex, that will also take effect here:

1. Romance is fine, but let us not get too explicit in detail. (Unless one of the mods would finally allow it.)
2. In order not to make the Servants overpowered, things such as GN particles and bullets are allowed to harm them.

Other than that, please let us all have fun without ruining each others' fun. And remember:

Losing is fun!

(Additional note: The Dwarf Fortress is not intended to replace the Moonlight Annex, rather it supplements it and characters from the Annex could migrate from there to here without any effort and go back there.)

Characters (Send your profile to me via PM):

Ivan The Mouse:

1. Urist Ukeraban - The Mayor of The Fortress, also the leader of the Dwarven Miners. Tends to stay at the Mining Shafts for gathering metallic ores, although he will go to the Great Hall from time to time.

2. Thikut Ukeraban - Urist's wife, and the leader of the Craftsdwarves. She is the one who usually stays at the Great Hall to meet the rest of the dwarves and welcome visitors.

willyvereb

1. Ado Edem - Tall black knight covered in armor from head to toe. Serious and very short-spoken. His face was unseen by anyone, even his mother. It's only known that Edem's sword can grow higher than any mountain. Is he compensating for something?

2. Troiatte Gabanest Firandin - Fickle, playful and flirtatious young man who seems to be always smiling. He wears a long white coat with matching fedora and orange shades that for some weird reason he has always on. Unbelievable as it sounds, Troiatte is one of the 12 elite fighters of Grendan also known as the Heaven Blades. His power focuses on the manipulation of light.

RoadBuster

1. Alphard Al Shua - Mid-Canaan state. Long leather duster, cut off shirt, slacks with suspenders. Hair is tied back into a pony. Leader of Terrorist-organization Snake. Bio-chemist. Most of which is a cover for supporting her people as she is an heir. Dropped directly into the Dwarf Fortress. She has no idea of the cafe or anything else at this point.

Hoster

1. Ma'oul Ehl Ka'ite - A knight of the Order of the White Spear, an organisation dedicated to hunting down and slaying various high-threat serpents, especially wyverns. It is an order of low profile and of many secrets. He wears a white fur cloak, with a black serpent coiled around a spear impaling it's head. He is covered by a dark silver armor and on his back rests a black, featureless sword that he calls 'Sovereign'.

Elf

1. Ashlynn "Ash" O'Rourke - Vampire from Forest's and Quinn's Universe. Forest's (from Moonlight Annex) first student. Appears to be in her mid-twenties, and has long, curly auburn hair that almost hits her waist. She's petite but very generously curvy, and her features are classically beautiful. However she's mainly seen in motorcycle leathers or jeans.

Genessa

1. Claire Farron - Ex-SAS member. Wears thermostatic enviromentally-resistant overcoat which keeps her warm. Leader of Pandora, a secret and elite vigilante paramilitary group. Her appearance is of a woman in her mid twenties, silver hair and azure eyes.

leon4281/Maxthehedgehog

1. Leon E. Norwood Jr. - Leon is a young man who was transformed into a Cat Demon years ago in a supernatural incident in an ongoing war between humans and demons where he ended up running into a scuffle and was wounded. Furthermore, a mysterious individual had dropped a vial containing special demonic blood of a nekomata, which spilled all over Leon. This blood entered his vains and started to corrupted his blood and DNA, causing some pain to Leon, though it only lasted for seconds. He found himself slowly changing into a demon every hour, while aware of the change he started to learn and master whatever power he possessed. He also knew demons also can consume humans to become stronger and then some. To compensate, he manage to at least consume some human blood from various blood banks. Since Leon is a very talkative guy at times, he has some contacts with people who worked there. And he also found himself dealing with various people who all of sudden became involved with his life, though he avoid them as much as he can.

Besides his origins, he's someone that loves video games, anime, and manga, and is very helpful to sorts of people, though he's a bit introverted, he wants to be around people and just have a good time. During his journeys as a demon, he has gained several more powers, including the power to travel through other universe and dimesion. He's really trying so hard to be a mystery but when it comes to his friends and adversary, he fails at times.

2. Max the Hedgehog - Max the hedgehog is like an exact copy of Sonic the Hedgehog, except he wields a sword, knows various martial arts, and has an array of magic at his disposal. Also he has red skin. He did have a family, but they soon passed away long ago due to an unfortunate event that happened while they were away, leaving their son to a guardian. He's a friend of Leon's who he met when he accidently was warped to his home planet and since then became the best of friends. He loves pizza and various favorite foods such as hot dogs and roast beef, and when it comes to combat, he too is a force to be reckoned with.

3. Princess Rosalie Vehenna Wingates Raglan - Nothing is known about this mysterious princess except she was the princess of a country that has since been long gone. She is know Leon's familiar much to her chargin and yet has grown fond of him at times, though he gets angry with him when he leaves her out on any action during battles or leaves her behind. She's also known to be somewhat sadistic and a part-time b***h.

willyvereb
March 15th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Well, I rarely visited the RPs on BL. What's this game about?
Survival adventure? Random fun? Both?

Ivan The Mouse
March 15th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Actually, random fun with a mix both of storytelling and slice of life. I think.

willyvereb
March 15th, 2011, 10:21 AM
So Slice of Life, everyday routines and else IN A DWARFISH FORTRESS?
That's one messed up setting...kind of like it already.

Ivan The Mouse
March 15th, 2011, 10:36 AM
What, you're gonna join already?

willyvereb
March 15th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Depends. I can't promise constant activity but I found the setting interesting.
With that being said I can join. I was actually waiting for a few more people to do it before me.

Ivan The Mouse
March 15th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Okay. Just PM me your characters' descriptions. Any characters. Type-Moon, OC, non-Type-Moon, etc.

(Type-Moon and non-Type-Moon characters are encouraged just for the lulz.)

Ivan The Mouse
March 15th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Bumping. Other people join, please? ;_;

lantzblades
March 15th, 2011, 09:28 PM
it's not that i won't but rather not just yet. I'd need to know how the annex itself will work and who i'll be playing there to know who fits here.

mewarmo990
March 16th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Isn't Dwarf Fortress that hard-as-balls game where everyone dies after months of hard work?

Ivan The Mouse
March 16th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Isn't Dwarf Fortress that hard-as-balls game where everyone dies after months of hard work?

Yes, that's why the game's motto is Losing is fun, because there is no actual win condition in Dwarf Fortress.

You joining?

mewarmo990
March 16th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I dunno. So is this Dwarf Fortress in play-by-post form? I'll try it. Gotta make a character, though. Any guidelines or format?

Ivan The Mouse
March 16th, 2011, 01:26 AM
I dunno. So is this Dwarf Fortress in play-by-post form? I'll try it. Gotta make a character, though. Any guidelines or format?

Nope. The setting just happened to in a Fortress, but the playing format is the same with the Moonlight Annex. You send me a character description through PMs just like the ones from the frontpage, then that's it. You could now roleplay!

mewarmo990
March 16th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Oh. What's Moonlight Annex? I've never visited the RP board on the old site.

Ivan The Mouse
March 16th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Ehrm. It's a roleplay of, you know, random storytelling between TM characters, OCs, non-TMs, etc. Some sort of "you-walk-into-an-inn-and-meet-Arcueid-then-talk-with-her" roleplay. There's no set story, it is being made as we roleplay.

mewarmo990
March 16th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Ah. Well, maybe I'll just observe for now, then.

Ivan The Mouse
March 17th, 2011, 12:38 AM
http://images.memegenerator.net/OkayGuy/File/183061/OkayGuy.jpg

willyvereb
March 17th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Isn't it sad?
I wish we have more players. It would be two boring to RP with just the two of us.

Ivan The Mouse
March 17th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Isn't it sad?
I wish we have more players. It would be two boring to RP with just the two of us.

Yes. But I heard sir RB will be joining us. Soon.

lantzblades
March 17th, 2011, 09:43 PM
don't forget about me Ivan

Ivan The Mouse
March 17th, 2011, 10:40 PM
don't forget about me Ivan

Sure, I won't.

willyvereb
March 18th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Yeah, the more the merrier.
By the way: Any news of RB?

RoadBuster
March 18th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I sent him my Character sheet. Just waiting for approval~

willyvereb
March 18th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Good.
At this rate we can start this RP as early as today.

Ivan The Mouse
March 18th, 2011, 04:59 AM
And that's it. I've already entered sir RB's character sheet. We can start the RP as we like, gentlemen.

RoadBuster
March 18th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Wanna give us a first post to get going, Mouse?

Ivan The Mouse
March 18th, 2011, 06:52 AM
[Alright. Here goes nothing.]

The dwarven fortress of Moonforged. Home to hundreds of cats, dogs, oxen, donkeys and, of course, the ever-industrious dwarves. It was a majestic fortress engraved by its inhabitant Masons on the mountains just right beside the Moonlight Annex, seemingly reminding the patrons of the cafe that the dwarves were there eternal neighbors, that what ever happens to the fortress is open for everyone to see, something that the dwarves never seemed to mind.

One of these dwarves is outside the fortress, picking out wild strawberries from a bush. He whistles an apparently melodic tune while doing his work faithfully, without ever complaining about the inclement weather that the sky is showing today. For him, gather from plants is his job of utmost importance, and he must do it with all due industry.

willyvereb
March 18th, 2011, 09:37 AM
It's winter. The ground is covered entirely white. The air feels especially chilling. Edem can even sense his own breath. Intense northern winds sweep through the entire landscape. Freezing air blow through the small entires of Edem's armor, just to make the knight's situation worse. At this rate Edem mayend up as an ice statue. What to do? Thankfully the black knight saw a huge structure in the distance, a castle. Immediately realizing his status Edem does no further ado. Gathering his strength the mystic knight reach the gates with a single leap. On closer inspection, the building shows remarkable examples of Dwarven craftsmanship. He found a Dwarven Fortress. But Ado Edem has no time to wonder. He has to warm up and regain his power. He had been walking for an entire week in this lifeless terrain. The appearance of the Dwarven castle was a literal godsend to him. He extended his right arm and knocked on the huge gate. The sound of his fists were echoing through the entire dead ravine. He could have just bashed the gate but Edem choose to be polite. He was pretty exhausted anyways. Invoking the hostility of the lord of this castle was the last thing Ado Edem wanted. The black knight stood before the gate, awaiting for someone to greet him.
Name: Ado Edem
Verse: Angel Notes
Race: Ether Liner
Height: 6'9"
Weight: Unknown
Skin Tone: Unknown
Hair: Unknown
Eyes: Unknown
Orientation: Unknown
Special: BFS

Ivan The Mouse
March 18th, 2011, 10:15 AM

The berry-gathering dwarf decides that he has now gathered enough of this day and starts walking back to the fortress. While walking, apparently he noticed something, or someone, standing on the gates of the fortress. It was a black night. At first, the dwarf was hesitant to head towards him, but when he saw that the knight felt the chills of the bad weather, he hurriedly went near the black knight, looked up to him and said "What do ye want from our 'umble fortress, kind sir?"

willyvereb
March 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM
"What do ye want from our 'umble fortress, kind sir?" Asked a man half of Edem's size. The black knight slowly turned at the dwarf's direction. He stared at the small man without a word. After painful seconds of awkward silence the knight let out a sound. "Ga -Te. OpEn... -!!" Answered a mechanical voice. Combined with the threatening black shape of Edem the digitalized sounds felt like out of a nightmare. Yet the knight had no sense of enmity. He just stood in one place, staring on the dwarf with his unseen eyes out of the slots of his jet black helmet. To emphasize his intention clearly, Edem pointed at the entrance of the Dwarf Fortress. He wanted to get in and finally warm up.

Ivan The Mouse
March 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM

The dwarf was startled when he heard the black knight speak in a voice which the little man could describe as the sound of two steel swords clashing with each other inside a cave. But despite this seemingly horrifying voice, the dwarf then gathered all its courage and finally walked towards the gate, opened it, came in and told the black knight "Come on in, sir knight. T'is way to the Great 'All, aye."

willyvereb
March 18th, 2011, 11:04 AM

The dwarf was startled with Edem's otherworld voice but quickly recovered his heart. "Come on in, sir knight. T'is way to the Great 'All, aye." The dwarf said and opened the gates. Edem got finally free of the winter's gasp. He felt relieved although the armor hid his expression completely. Instead the black knight performed a brief bow as a sign of appreciation. He soon followed the short man inside the windless space of the fortress.

Ivan The Mouse
March 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM

The dwarf felt glad when the black knight followed him inside immediately, and then the little gatherer started to walk through the long corridor that was illuminated by a few torches.

After a few minutes of walking, they finally reached another larger gate. When the dwarf entered through it, he saw a large hall, a huge one, supported by eight pillars, arranged into two rows with four pillars on each row. Between these pillars, there were many rectangular and wide dinning tables, which were filled with all kinds of foodstuffs like roasted cow meat and ale, while scores of dwarves sat on the benches beside these tables, feasting and talking with each other about trivial matters, while cats and dogs were also there, some roving around and some beside their owners.

The berry-gathered saw that a nearby table still had a lot of space ready to be sat at by other dwarves. He then nearby to it and then invited the black knight. "Ye may take a seat, aye." said the little gatherer. This action attracted the attention of the other nearby dwarves to look at the newcomer, the black knight, but they didn't mind that they had a new visitor. Instead, Edem attracted the interest of the nearby dwarves to him.

RoadBuster
March 19th, 2011, 02:46 AM

In a scene rather familiar to those of the Cafe and the Fortress with an explosion of light a figure is dropped onto the stone floor of a massive mining cavern. To the subject affected, however, the scene was not familiar at all. She stood up, a girl looking to be maybe 20 at the most. Her steel-colored eyes, however, betrayed an intellect far surpassing her physical age. Donned in a long leather duster, she quickly zipped it up as there was a severe temperature difference compared to where she had been before.

Which was the order of the moment, actually. Just WHERE was she now? This did not appear to be Shanghai... Even the caves by the Factory did not share this look in the slightest. Frowning, she had no choice but to put her hands in her pockets and start walking. There were torches and the like, which meant there had to be someone around that could answer a few questions.

Ivan The Mouse
March 19th, 2011, 03:46 AM

The Mining Caverns. The place of industry to the Miners. It is in here that they get every metal and gem the Metalsmiths and the Jewelers need. In these dark caves are the very lifeblood of the fortress, as the dwarves are always so renowned for the mining and metallurgical abilities.

A group of dwarves, seven in number, were carrying mining picks and tirelessly walking down the caverns towards the place where rich deposits of Magnetite, an ore of iron, can be seen. They were walking in a formation which a dwarf was leading the six others, as if the leader was the tip of a sword and the rest walking behind him were the blade. Suddenly, the leading dwarf stopped walking when he saw something approaching their way. It was a female figure. He signaled the others to stop their advance towards the iron mines, and the others did.

He then pointed to the approaching female figure and asked, "Monom, can ye tell me what is that creature?"

"This dwarf don't kno' either. I have never seen anything like it." his fellow miner Monom answered.

This prompted the leader to look at him directly and ask "Then what could it be? Should we go back to Thikut and tell her about t'is?"

"It looks like it is heading this way. Let us go and see what it is." Monom answered.

The seven of them then went on and approached the female figure they saw.

Ivan The Mouse
March 20th, 2011, 09:33 AM
[Bumping this post.]

Ivan The Mouse
March 21st, 2011, 02:49 AM
[Bumping this post.]

willyvereb
March 21st, 2011, 08:02 AM
You shouldn't need to bump this each and every time. It's not like it will disappear from the first page(we don't have that many RPs...yet)
Alright!

Edem was quickly led to the castle's great hall. To be frank he was quite surprised. The black knight heard about the unusual hospitality of the Dwarves but the sight surpassed his expectations. He saw tables packed full of delicious food at every direction accompanied with quite a crowd. "Ye may take a seat, aye." His guide showed Edem his seat. His appearance obviously rose the curiosity of the other dwarves. Edem was about to touch the food when a large group of small dwarves surrounded him. The black knight looked around dumbfounded, unsure of what to do. The dwarves watched him with their curious eyes but they have yet to ask any questions from him.

Ivan The Mouse
March 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
[Silly and impatient me.]

The dwarves surrounding him were so curious on Edem that they were wanted to ask him many questions. However, these questions only came in the form of comments about their first impressions at the black knight.

"His armor is all too perfect that ye could encrust any dark-colored gem on it!"

"Thy sword is glorious, sir knight! Who is thy blacksmith?!"

"That craftsmanship...it is marvelous!"

"Look at that, me dear friend Fath...That is the look of a knight who knew war both at its finest and worst!"

"I wonder what kind of metal is used both for his armor and sword..."

"He might be Armok's chosen one!"

"Take me hand and let us marry, sir knight! I would make ye as happy as an accomplished miner!"

Those were the kinds of comments the dwarves gave out upon seeing the knight.

However, the plant gatherer who guided Edem got annoyed to the other dwarves and yelled, "Ye fools, get out of his way! Cannot ye see that he wants to eat and fill himself up?! Get back at yer tables!" And the dwarves who surrounded him did gave him more space, enough for him to eat and drink comfortably. He, the forager, then looked back at Edem and said "Ye could now eat heartily, sir knight. Me fellow dwarven would not bother ye anymore. Please fill thyself up while I talk to Madam Thikut."

RoadBuster
March 22nd, 2011, 04:11 AM
The woman saw the approaching ...people and paused in her procession. They were all of small stature, but nonetheless extremely muscular. Amusingly enough... they looked much like some of the Westerners mythical creatures. Whatever they were, they seemed to have taken an interest in her. Her steel-colored eyes danced over their ranks, almost as if she were scanning them.

Melee weapons and mining equipment... Something from centuries ago, it appears.

There was no reason to be hostile as of yet, so she did not draw upon her Five-seveN. She gave them a charismatic smile and spoke openly. "Good day to you," she said, keeping things neat and without intention.

Ivan The Mouse
March 22nd, 2011, 04:27 AM

The miners were mildly surprised upon her greeting. It seems that the female figure wasn't hostile at all, they thought, although they were baffled by her otherworldly appearance and clothing. They then went nearer and took a closer look. She was a human, yes, but the first time they see someone of her ethnicity. Who could she be, they asked themselves.

After a few moments, it was only the time that returned a greeting. "Good day to ye too, Madam. Wha' brings ye to our 'umble fortress?", said the leader of the miner group.

RoadBuster
March 22nd, 2011, 04:43 AM

She locked eyes with the miner and answered his question truthfully. "To be completely honest, I do not have an answer for that. One moment I was getting ready to head out of my temporary dwelling and the next I am in this chasm," was her reply.

Shifting slightly to the side while still keeping her gaze locked, she added, "I was wondering if you might have an answer for that." Her tone wasn't accusing, but it couldn't be said that it was solely interrogative either.

Ivan The Mouse
March 22nd, 2011, 05:00 AM

The miners looked at each other when she said that she didn't have an answer for the question of what was she doing at their fortress. In dwarven words, the woman also did not know what she was doing inside the caverns of the fortress. This little realization from the dwarves eventually made them laugh both at her answer and at the confusion that was created from that single realized premise.

"Ha ha. Madam, allow us dwarven miners to welcome ye to the mining caverns of the fortress Moonforged. We, the miners, are 'ere, on our way to mine for iron ore, when we suddenly saw ye 'ere. Now, if ye do not know yer purpose 'ere..." The miner paused for effect, then quickly said "...That will be the silliest thing I 'ave ever 'eard in me whole entire life."

willyvereb
March 22nd, 2011, 06:17 AM

The storm of questions hit Edem unprepared. The black knight wasn't used to things like casual talk. He spent most of his life in the lifeless backyard dimension of Witch Swift Umbrella. The only interaction he had was an emotionless voice stating his next objective, usually some Aristoteles to kill. So despite this unconfortable feeling, Edem enjoyed the company of the loud dwarves. Still he was glad that someone drew them away. "Ye could now eat heartily, sir knight. Me fellow dwarven would not bother ye anymore. Please fill thyself up while I talk to Madam Thikut."Told the dwarf. Edem thanked him with a silent nod and watched as the small man walked away. Then he proceeded eating. We said eating but the black knight still had his helmet on. The surrounding dwarves intently watched Edem, waiting for him to remove that helmet and reveal his face.

To both of their disappointment and shock it didn't happen. Instead Edem did something incredible. The moment the piece of food was about to reach his mouth, the helmet splint apart. Like jaws of a living creature the helmet opened and revealed a deep red cavern inside. Is he human? Of course not, Ado Edem is an Ether Liner. Both the sword he holds and the armor he's wearing is just like part of his own body. As such his helmet changing shape is just natural. He calmly consumed his share of food, uncaring about the surprised looks of his surroundings.

Ivan The Mouse
March 22nd, 2011, 07:14 AM

The dwarves widened their eyes when they saw Edem's helmet "eat" the piece of foodstuff. Upon that observation, they all realized that the black knight and the armor are one, that Edem was no ordinary human.

"Who is he?", asked one peasant to the woodworker beside him.

"Cannot ye see, fool?! He is the armor itself!" The woodworker answered.

"No, I mean...what is he?" The peasant clarified his question.

One ranger from the back appropriately answered "From what I have heard from me father when I was a young dwarf, he is an iron golem!"

"But I saw an iron golem once, and he does not look like it!", a blacksmith retorted to the ranger.

"He did not try to harm us either.", said one weaver.

"Then we will call him...an armored spirit!", a doctor declared. And the rest erupted into chatter as they agreed on what he said, to call Edem as an armored spirit.

"But wait!" A fisherdwarf exclaimed, and the rest fell silent before he asked "What's his name. I'm pretty sure he's got a name!"

"Lor is right." One mason affirmed the fisherdwarf. He then went a little closer to Edem and asked "Do ye have any name to give us, armored spirit?"

willyvereb
March 22nd, 2011, 08:51 AM

"Do ye have any name to give us, armored spirit?" Asked the dwarf closest to him. Indeed, he haven't introduced himself yet. Also he found the description of "spirit" rather fitting. People infused with the Grain became creatures like elementals. That included the black knight as well. He turned towards the slaw dwarf on the right. "A-DO. eDEm." Said the black knight in lifeless digitalized voice. That was his name. The synthetised sounds felt mechanic and especially chilling. Yet everyone could tell that the black knight has no hostile intention. This is just the way he is.

(changed my player colors to differentiate it from RB's posts.)

Ivan The Mouse
March 22nd, 2011, 10:02 AM

"Ado...Edem...?" The mason resounded. Edem's voice sounded creepy and disheartening, he thought to himself, but there was something in his voice that made him feel pity instead. The rest of the dwarves, on the other hand, did not hold a different view from the mason. Everyone in the Great Hall of Moonforged was moved upon hearing his voice. One lady woodcrafter was on the verge of tears. A married couple held each others' hands tightly. All dogs and cats in the Hall also looked down.

"His name...It sounded so different, yet so dwarven..." Said by the doctor who suggested on calling him an armored spirit.

"He must be a lost dwarven spirit, cursed to forever wander the earth!", stated a mechanic.

"And he must be here because...he wants us to help him!", said one armorer. And the rest affirmed his statement.

The mason then asked Edem once more "Woe to ye, Ado the wanderer! State thy purpose and we will help ye!"

RoadBuster
March 24th, 2011, 02:02 AM

The woman gave them a slightly dangerous smile and replied, "I'm glad my current predicament gives you such amusement, miner of Moonforged."

Soon returning to her more charismatic self, the unannounced terrorist leader put her hands on her hips. "In any case, it looks like I am at your mercy for hospitality. As 'silly' as it sounds to you, I have yet to discover my 'purpose' here." The woman gave them one of her manipulative smiles and offered her hand. "As for who I am, my name is Alphard."

Ivan The Mouse
March 24th, 2011, 09:03 AM

The miner was immediately taken by her smile as he shook her hand. "We are pleased to meet ye, Madam Alphard. I am Sakzul, leader of the Iron Miners. Again, we welcome ye to our fortress. Do not worry, we are here to accommodate ye. Please follow us." Sakzul and the rest of the miners then started walking back to the entrance of the mining caverns. "This way, Madam Alphard, to the Great Hall."

willyvereb
March 29th, 2011, 09:32 AM

Ado Edem was really confused. Dwarf spirit...him? The towering black knight never in his entire life expected to be called a dwarf. It's a serious misunderstanding. If he could just talk freely then Edem would imediately clear up this mess. Unfortunately though while his translator understood the dwarves, his voice processor got irreparably damaged. "N-oT. DwAr-F...!" He said in a ghastly mechanical voice and to further emphatised those words by shaking his head. The black knight was about to stand up but suddenly remembered that he haven't expressed his gratitude to the lord (or from the sounds of it, mistress) of this castle. He must wait for that other dwarf to return. Either with the houselord or an invitation to visit him (or her).

Ivan The Mouse
March 29th, 2011, 02:02 PM

More speculations came up from the dwarves when Edem declared that he was not a dwarven spirit. The mason then asked the rest "If Ado Edem is not a dwarven spirit, then what is he?"

"He could be a human spirit!", said one woodworker.

"I told ye he is an iron golem!" The ranger insisted.

This prompted the blacksmith to correct him again. "I said he is not an iron golem, fool!"

"He just said that he is not a dwarf. Maybe he is just a spirit." The doctor concluded.

But one jeweler complained "But what kind of spirit, then?"

"Just a spirit, nothing more." he answered.

"Doctor Amost is right." The mason affirmed. "Pure spirits exist. Maybe Ado is just a spirit who happens to take the form of a knight's armor." And the rest agreed on his statement.

"So there we have it, Ado Edem is a pure spirit in an armor." Doctor Amost restated to the other dwarves.

Suddenly, the berry gatherer who escorted Edem into the fortress arrived. This time, he was with a dwarven woman with long graying hair and clothes that clearly are like the ones worn by the rest of the dwarven women. But what made the woman stand out from the rest of the crowd was the magnificent half-moon medallion she wore around her neck, made from silver and inlaid with blue topaz. The berry gatherer and medallion woman went through the crowd, with the gatherer screaming "Coming through, fellow dwarven. Madam Thikut is here! Let her pass!" And the crowd did divide itself to make a path for the woman, as she walks through them, towards Edem.

As soon as the woman named Thikut was near the black knight, she genuflected before him and said "Welcome to Moonforged, brave knight. I am Thikut Ukeraban, the wife of the mayor of this fortress. We, the citizens of this fortress, humbly accept ye as our guest."

Hoster
March 29th, 2011, 03:29 PM
The weather that had been relatively calm but chilly just moments ago had turned into a storm.

Traversing this white void was a knight of the order - the order of the white spear - as one familiar with the name could tell from the white cloak he was wearing, bearing the symbol of a black snake and a spear impaling the snake's head.

The cloak was made out of the finest of fur, and kept him warm in situations just like this one, thought it didn't help him at all at knowing where he was going. But he wore an artifact of the ancient lords on his head, a dark silver helmet. It was a mysterious thing, with the ability to map out a region around itself, detect anomilies and show these to the wearer, and could even grant vision in the dark. It also had a compass, one that would have been really useful right now. Would, yes, if it wasn't spinning around right now...

And that was why the knight was walking throught this storm, because he had been given the mission of looking into an anomaly that had the old maguses with pointy hats had sensed in this region, and he was convinced that this very anomaly was the reason the apparatuses in his helmet was acting up.

The knight sighed, tired of walking through the storm. But just as he thought so he nearly found himself walking into a large wall made out of stone. After taking a step back he sighed again, this time in relief, in relief of having found something out here.

Thinking to himself that the wall had to have a gate, or a gate house somewhere, he decided to walk alongside of it. As the weather cleared for just a moment he could swear he saw a pair of towers, so it had to be a castle, and sure enought he eventually reached the gate.

Since he had nowhere else to go, he raised his hand and decided to knock on the door...

willyvereb
March 30th, 2011, 07:40 AM

Ado Edem ignored the dwarves' speculations. If it wouldn't be for his damaged voice channels, the black knight could explain them in detail who and what he really is. But that luxury wasn't given to him. So he just sat down waiting for the owner of this fortress to arrive. "Coming through, fellow dwarven. Madam Thikut is here! Let her pass!" Heard Edem the familiar voice. Suddenly the large crowd split in two to open up a path. The black knight saw the berry gatherer dwarf to escort someone. Supposedly she was that Madam Thikut, he was hearing about.

"Welcome to Moonforged, brave knight. I am Thikut Ukeraban, the wife of the mayor of this fortress. We, the citizens of this fortress, humbly accept ye as our guest." Introduced herself the dwarf woman. Edem suddenly stood up, towering above any dwarf. He walked closer to the madam and immediately sunk to his knees deeply, lower than any dwarf's stature. The methods how he pulled it off should remain hidden but Ado Edem felt like to express his gratitude. Actions spoke louder than the words. Something which black knight was barely capable of at the moment.

Ivan The Mouse
March 30th, 2011, 07:44 AM

"...And that's how I tamed the pack of wolves back in our old fortress." It was the the boast of a swordsdwarf to a macedwarf as they were sitting on the gatehouse as they shared stories of their old adventures.

However, the macedwarf remained skeptical on his story and said "As much as yer story is very convincing, I would not believe you at all."

"Well, I just told ye me story. Nothing but the truth. I can't force you with that either." The swordsdwarf shrugged.

This small talk was somewhat cut off when they heard someone knocking on the gatehouse's door. Both the macedwarf and the swordsdwarf hurriedly went to the door to open it. And when they did, they saw a human figure standing in front of it, wearing a white fur cloak and a helmet. They also noticed the sword on his back, but before they can assume everything, the macedwarf asked the figure "What do ye want from the fortress, sir?"

RoadBuster
April 2nd, 2011, 02:03 AM

Alphard nodded and followed the cluster of miners towards this 'Great Hall.' The amount of manpower it had clearly taken to create this place was impressive to say the least. Such a diligent workforce. Capable of all this and still so trusting. Convenient~, she thought to herself with a smile.

As they walked, she regarded the lead Miner that had introduced himself. "Sakzul. If I may, might I inquire as to what exactly you are mining for in here? Is there a specific ore, or are you collecting anything that you can?" she asked him. It was the first aspect of understanding a people, where the income came from.

Ivan The Mouse
April 2nd, 2011, 03:37 AM

"Ah. We, the Iron Miners, are actually assigned to mine iron ore, aye, because it is so plenty that it might be time-consuming to mine all the ore that can be found on a single day. However, the other miners, who led by none other than the mayor of Moonforged, are mining for everything that they could find, may it be a few nuggets of native platinum or gems like rubies. So basically, we mine for everything we could find." Sakzul fully explained to Alphard the whole aim of the dwarves' mining operations, while still walking their way towards the Great Hall.

"However, we dwarven have always heard of that one legendary metal that our forefathers always tried to mine. And sometimes they succeeded in trying to find it." Sakzul reveals while turning his head directly at her.

Thikut, after she saw that Edem has knelt before her, then stood up and asked the black knight, "If ye don't mind, sir knight, but can I ask ye what brings ye to our fortress?"

Hoster
April 2nd, 2011, 03:03 PM

Not long after the knight had knocked on the gate it opened, and he was met by a pair of small, but burly men with rather impressive beards. He looked at the both of them, surprised, for he had never seen such men in his whole life...

"What do ye want from the fortress, sir?" one of them asked him.

He turned to the small man and answered him truthfully, "Greetings, sire, I seem to have lost my way...". His voice was rough and heavy, yet strangely soothing. "I wish to ask the lord of this 'fortress' if a lone wanderer like myself could stay for a while, as the storm passes."

Elf
April 3rd, 2011, 01:31 AM
It wasn't the most graceful of landings, but the petite form managed to land in a crouch before rising to her 5'3 inches of height. Keen, silvery grey eyes looked around taking in torches and lamps. The coolness and the pressure suggested being underground, but it didn't smack of a natural cave.

The vampire known as Ash flicked her auburn hair back and said, "Well, isn't this bloody interesting."

Ivan The Mouse
April 3rd, 2011, 09:22 PM

The macedwarf and the swordsdwarf looked at each other before they could come up with a decision whether they should let this man enter the fortress or not. He didn't look threatening, they both thought, so the swordsdwarf then opened the door wide and then said "Very well then, sir. Come on in, and this way to the Great Hall." as soon as the two of them walk towards the inner gate of the fortress, which is carved on the side of a mountain.

A dwarven boy can be seen strolling into an avenue-like shaft while tugging his wooden toy horse with a string. For this child, everything seems to be at peace and things will go smoothly on this day, that he could walk the whole length of this cavern without worrying for anything.

But as soon as he goes deeper into this cavernous avenue, he notices something from afar. It was a human figure, a very curvy one, specifically a female figure. It was the first time that he will see such sort of apparition or maybe a mirage, so he thought he might as well as take a closer look.

Upon having clearer view of the female figure, he finally notices more details from it. It was, indeed, a woman with a long and curly auburn hair. When the boy finally realized that he found a living human inside the cavern, his first instinct was to ask it "Who are ye?!"

Genessa
April 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Due to the state she was in, her landing wasn't exactly the most graceful among the others. She had sprinted full speed and make entry through window using her momentum to give the needed strength to break the window cleanly. And just when she thought she was about to land on the ground instead she landed on the snow, rolling before coming to a stop. It takes a few seconds before she rose to her full height as the woman brushes off whatever remaining of the glass, taking full care to use the the back of her wristless gloves so as not to cut herself. The temperature was cold as indicated by the LCD panels inside her overcoat which then immediately kick start the heating mechanism providing her the comfort of warmth.

Where....is this place?

There was no sign of her persuers at all and this place does not register inside her memory. It's as if the last event was a dream...could it be that this place is a dream as well? A dream within a dream? She pinched her cheek hard to make sure. Nope, it hurts quite a bit. Looks like she need to find her bearing first.

Elf
April 7th, 2011, 07:51 PM
"Who are ye?!"

Her first impression was It's small. Looks like a child . . . Bugger, children.. She smiled and said, "M'name's Ash. What's yours mate?"

Ivan The Mouse
April 8th, 2011, 03:18 PM

The dwarven child heard the auburn-haired stranger introduce herself. He was then compelled to come closer to her and say his name. "Please to meet ye, Miss Ash. I'm Fikod. Why are ye here?"

Hoster
April 8th, 2011, 05:06 PM

The knight entered the gate and stepped inside the fortress.

As soon as he exited the cold outside, the suit he was wearing under his silver-colored armor automatically adjusted internal temperatures to match the new climate, causing shining lights darting across the texture turned from red to blue. He had honestly no idea how these suits provided by the order worked, but they were very handy and extreamely comfortable to wear.

He continued to follow the little men deeper into the fortress...

Elf
April 10th, 2011, 01:46 AM
"Well Fikod, I'm here looking for a pair of friends of mine," Ash answered as she ruffled her hair out of her face. She looked around with a frown at what had to be a mass of passageways in the earth. Forest would have been at home here, but Quinn would have either gone catatonic at this point or worse.

Ivan The Mouse
April 10th, 2011, 06:04 AM

The two soldiers were looking at the fur-cloaked figure carefully as they entered the fortress, and when they noticed that the clothes under his armor suddenly changed color, the two of them went curious. The macedwarf then opted to ask him, the fur-cloaked figure "That was amazing, sir! Where did ye exactly come from?"

"Very well, Miss Ash. Me and me friends might help ye in finding yer friends. But you cannot find them here, this place are where my father mines, the upper mining caverns." explained Fikod. He then turned his back and started walking. "We can not stay here, Miss Ash. This way."

A couple of dwarves can be seen walking outside towards the gatehouse of the fortress. Apparently, they were woodcutters, they were carrying axes on their shoulders while on their way on the fortress. Suddenly, one of them stopped walking and seemingly signaled the other dwarf to stop his steps too.

The leading dwarf then points to a direction and asked his fellow. "Hey, cannot you see that?"

"No. What is that?" the other dwarf asked him back.

"It looks like a human." He answered.

The other dwarf then leaned and took a closer look at the human figure he points to, and he finally sighted it clearly. It was really a human figure. "Who could it be?" he asked.

"Let us come closer." the other woodcutter suggested. And the two of them walked closer to the human figure.

Genessa
April 10th, 2011, 12:40 PM

She caught movement in the corner of her eye and turn around swiftly to face whoever was approaching her, one of her hand already flying towards the holster where she kept her USP. But what greets her view is anything but what she expected. Instead of guns, there were axes. Rather short figures, but definitely not lacking in strength. They didn't appear to be hostile yet but there's no reason to be careless so instead she remain where she is, holding her ground. Her azure eyes flickers from one to another to get a better look.

willyvereb
April 12th, 2011, 06:27 PM

Dark caverns bellow the structure of the Dwarf Forest. Yes, that is the deep system of underground mines. Rich in all kinds of materials, yet devoid of any light. Surprisingly though, one tunnel is covered in strange radiance. A rift opened between time and space, twisting like an endless whirlpool of chaos.

"Whoaaaaa-!" Without warning a man shout out headfirst from the portal. He had a rude landing, face down into the cold floor. As soon as the man came out, the whirlpool-like portal suddenly shrunk till it completely vanished alongside the source of light.

Troiatte was left alone in the empty darkness. He felt nauseous and his head spun like crazy. The travel indeed took its toll on the young man. It has been long minutes before Troitatte could even move. He picked himself up from the cold floor. "Ouch! That really hurt..." He said while stroking his chin. Rough landing was a bit of understatement.

"Man, where am I? It's freakin dark here!" He looked around and noted in realization. Indeed, Troiatte's surroundings were pitch black. He couldn't even see his arms, only feel them through the breath of Kei. The lack of visuals were simply annoying.

He extended his finger and focused his Kei. A small ball of light appeared on his right index, illuminating his surroundings. "Yes. Shine you little ball! Let me see more!~" The ball of Kei grew until its radiance lit up the entire section.

After quickly looking around the recently illuminated caverns, Troiatte frowns. "That's just great. Is this a cave? That portal thing seriously sent me to some crazy place. Oh well..." He took out a a small box-shaped object. "Restoration!" He exclaimed and the the box transformed into a short staff in Troiatte's hands. "Onward to explore!~" He said lightheartedly and moved up on one of the tunnels. He had no specific aim and just hoped he won't get lost. Anyways, he found his situation amusing. He was followed by a bright ball of light above his head.

Name: Troiatte Gabanest Firandin
Verse: Chrome Shelled Regios
Classification: Human, Military Artist
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155 lbs
Hair: Blue
Eyes: Yellow
Special abilities: Kei control, light manipulation
http://obdpictures1.wikispaces.com/file/view/Troiatte_profileB.jpg/218933386/Troiatte_profileB.jpg

Ivan The Mouse
April 13th, 2011, 03:57 AM

The woodcutter duo was startled when they saw that the figure had made sudden, quick movement, as their first instinct was to take a step back. However, when the human remained completely motionless after that movement, the two of them went on to approach her. One of them then yelled at her "Don't be afraid! We are just wee woodcutters! Please state your name, human!"

A miner was idly walking on the caverns, shouldering a pick on his right side and carrying a bag of something bulky on his left hand. However, he stopped walking when he noticed that there was a spot of light coming from a direction in the cave. His eyes widened and heart raced as he approached the light. When he was nearer to it, he saw that the spot of light was actually coming from a small ball, hovering over a man wearing white hat and clothes, having a blue hair and carrying some kind of staff. His feeling of nervousness was replaced with curiosity when he saw that it wasn't a spirit of fire, instead a man.

He then went closer to the man and asked him "Who are ye, wanderer of the caverns?"

willyvereb
April 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM

"Who are ye, wanderer of the caverns?" Said a new voice. It came from a really tiny miner. For a moment Troiatte almost mistook him for a kid. "Ah, hello~!" Troiatte greeted the dwarf cheerfully. Honestly he reminded the Heavens Blade to the tiny Reverse. Hell, from the looks of it he could even be the boy's long lost grandfather of sorts. Troiatte had to force himself to not laugh at the idea. "I am Troiatte Gab-...nah, forget it! Just call me Troi. My friends always do. Anyways, are you familiar here. You see I got totally lost."

Hoster
April 13th, 2011, 05:01 PM

"That was amazing, sir! Where did ye exactly come from?" the dwarves had asked him.

The knight was taken back by the two of them staring at him, and the interest they had gained for his equipment, as well as their sudden question, made him somewhat perplexed. However, there would be no harm in telling these people the name of his homeworld. "The world I come from, they call it... Aarden." he said in a low voice, and he hoped that they would be satisfied with that answer.

Ivan The Mouse
April 15th, 2011, 02:49 PM

"Aye, sir. I am familiar to this cave, as this where I work as a miner, Sir Troi." The miner diligently answered. "But since ye said that ye are lost in these caverns, would ye mind if I lead the two of us to the Great Hall?"

"Aarden?" the swordsdwarf said questioningly, looking towards his fellow dwarf. The two of them stopped walking for a while.

"I've never heard of such place before." the macedwarf said to him.

"He must be an adventurer!" The swordsdwarf concluded, pointing his finger up.

"That's an obvious fact! What do ye think he is, a weaver?" He berated him.

"What I mean is...he must be finding for new lands or nations! Some kind of a mapmaker!" He cleared it up, before looking back at the fur-coated human, asking "Isn't it, sir?"

willyvereb
April 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM

"Aye, sir. I am familiar to this cave, as this where I work as a miner, Sir Troi." Explained the dwarf to Troiatte. "Oh-ho! Is this some sort of mine? Man, I never saw one in person." He said with faint amusement. Indeed, the only mines Troiatte knew were the Selenium mines found in Grendan's territory. But those were "mines" in just name alone. The sophisticated devices and excavation machinery were fully automated and working without human assistance. The real mining zone were sealed from trespassers with reinforced walls capable of withstanding a Filth Monster's assault. So even though he assisted the engineers to gather the Selenium numerous times, he was never down in the actual mine caverns. He found his situation new and a bit exciting. "But since ye said that ye are lost in these caverns, would ye mind if I lead the two of us to the Great Hall?" The dwarf asked. "Great Hall? Sounds intriguing but I refuse. Can you show me around these mines, Mr. ...what-was-your-name?" Troiatte suddenly remembered he doesn't even know the dwarf's name yet.

Elf
April 16th, 2011, 10:23 PM

"Very well, Miss Ash. Me and me friends might help ye in finding yer friends. But you cannot find them here, this place are where my father mines, the upper mining caverns." explained Fikod. He then turned his back and started walking. "We can not stay here, Miss Ash. This way."

A frown marred Ash's pretty face as she looked around. Small hands with short nails painted almost blood red adjusted a black and blue leather racing jacket. The sleeves, chest and back heavily plated in case the rider fell off their bike. Also works good as light body armor in a fight as well, Ash thought. She looked at the kid, raised her eyebrows and asked, "Why can't we stay here?"

The place didn't look like it was going to be caved in an on principal she didn't like to be told where to go, especially not by some child.

Ivan The Mouse
April 19th, 2011, 05:14 AM

"Dumed. My name is Dumed Aranlogem, Sir Troi." The miner finally introduced himself. "I could show ye around these mines but be warned, we might come across potentially dangerous things. Now tell me, what do ye want to see?"

Fikod stopped walking and then turned his head back to her. The dwarven boy was silent for a few seconds, before saying "This passage leads to two ways. The first one is towards the underground farm, where we grow our food to be eaten. The second one is why we can't stay here, Miss Ash. It leads to a cavern where a dragon lives, and some of my friends were killed by the dragon. My father said that unless someone will slay it, we can't continue digging there."

Genessa
April 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM

The woodcutter duo was startled when they saw that the figure had made sudden, quick movement, as their first instinct was to take a step back. However, when the human remained completely motionless after that movement, the two of them went on to approach her. One of them then yelled at her "Don't be afraid! We are just wee woodcutters! Please state your name, human!

We are just wee woodcutters? What kind of introduction is that?

She tilt her head slightly before finally relaxes herself. Giving her full name might lead unnecessary trouble. So she decided to honor them with only her first name and see where that will lead them next.

"I'm Claire. What's yours?"

Hoster
April 19th, 2011, 01:38 PM

"Map... maker?" he repeated, puzzled, turning his head towards the dwarf with the sword.

His duties involved a lot of things, and while some of them had him explore new and uncharted worlds, none of them involved making maps. No, if he was ever involved in such a quest, it was to protect the people making the maps.

"My skills does not include drawing maps, but you could call me an explorer." he said as a matter of fact.

"I don't... have much of a artistic touch, as you might understand," he said, and raised his right hand out in ront of the dwarves, to show them what he meant. His arm was visibly not his own, as it was covered with fur, white like snow just like his cloak, and what should have been finger tips were sharp claws, almost metallic in coloration. "But, despite the... condition of my arm, I can play a lute fairly well", he added, hiding his arm under his cloak again.

Ivan The Mouse
April 20th, 2011, 05:17 AM

"Pleased to meet you, Miss Claire. My name is Thob." The woodcutter on the right introduced himself.

"And I am Dumas, Madam Claire. Pleased to meet ye." Said the dwarf just right beside Thob.

"You sure are comfortable in your clothes, I see. But unless you could tolerate this cold for so long, then I suggest that you go inside the fortress to keep yourself warm." Thob added.

"Aye! We have food and drinks, Madam!"

The guard duo looked at each other upon taking a sight of his arm. The swordsdwarf then can't help himself but to comment "Well, I guess that arm allows ye to play the lute well, I say."

"But where did he get that arm? Did he graft a white-bear's hand onto his own arm?" The macedwarf asked.

"I don't know. Maybe it was some kind of magic. Or maybe some kind curse!" The swordsdwarf assumed.

willyvereb
April 20th, 2011, 08:54 AM

The dwarf politely introduced himself. "Pleased to meet you, Dumed. Oh, can I call you Dum-Dum?" He asked. Remembering names is a real pain for Troiatte. "I could show ye around these mines but be warned, we might come across potentially dangerous things. Now tell me, what do ye want to see?" Dum-Dum continued. It seems the mines are far from safe but that made it all the better for Troiatte. "Beats me. It's fine either way. Let me see how you work down here." He shrugged. Troiatte didn't have the faintest idea how a mine operates so he let the decision on his new guide.

After they were walking quite a while, boredom started to get the Heavens Blade again. "Ah, a question. Are these your usual miner stuff on you? I mean they look a little weird to me." Troiatte was unsure how to classify Dum-Dum's outfit. It looked pretty out of place. It's worth noting that he lived in a world without any connection to Earth's history. Seeing someone clad in real metal was strange already.

Elf
April 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM

Fikod stopped walking and then turned his head back to her. The dwarven boy was silent for a few seconds, before saying "This passage leads to two ways. The first one is towards the underground farm, where we grow our food to be eaten. The second one is why we can't stay here, Miss Ash. It leads to a cavern where a dragon lives, and some of my friends were killed by the dragon. My father said that unless someone will slay it, we can't continue digging there."

Ash's eyes widened at that and she smiled. She tilted her head and mused, "I've always wanted to slay a dragon. Legend has it if you bathe in their blood you become invulnerable. Now wouldn't that be something . . . ."

She frowned at the boy, placed her hands on her hips and did her best Forest "You have been a naughty child" imitation", "So, if it's so bloody dangerous, why the hell are you here?"

Ivan The Mouse
April 21st, 2011, 02:50 PM

The miner gave him a look of confusion and surprised mixed together in one expression, as he widened his eyes and leaned back. He can't believe that the man with the orb of light asked him if his clothes were the clothes of a miner. "What do ye mean? Aye, these are my clothes. I wear them when I mine, I wear them when I eat, I wear them when I sleep but I don't wear them when I take a bath. What do ye mean by the question?" Dumed asked.

The innocent eyes of the boy looked straight at her, even though she was accusing him of being naughty. Fikod then turns his head sideways, with his left ear almost touching his shoulder and said to her "Because I'm visiting the mushroom farm, where my brother works. This way also leads to the farms, remember?"

"Also..." Fikod added. "...what ye just said was ridiculous. We dwarves eat dragon meat all the time, yet we never became invulnerable. We even mix the meat with the blood with the meat to make a good stew. Where did ye get that legend?"

willyvereb
April 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM

Dum-Dum was obviously confused. He couldn't understand the meaning of Troiatte's question. "Ah! Now I get it! Is everyonee wearing the same kind of clothes? My-my, I really ended up in an amusing place!~" He said cheerfully. Troiatte found this new world more and more amusing.

(OOC: well, you can introduce some parts of the mine now. Either that or meeting up with other characters by accident. Both scenarios are fine.:p)

Hoster
April 22nd, 2011, 05:59 PM

The knight looked from one of the dwarves to the other while he remained silent, trying to find the right words to answer their question without giving them too much information.

"It might be true, that this arm is a curse," he finally said. "I made a grave mistake, and that mistake cost me my arm. I failed to properly do my duty, and because of that a lot of people lost their lives". His words were full of regret. His duty was to protect the people, and he had failed to do just that because of his weakness and his lack of judgement. He did not have it in him to do what had to be done, and men, women and children died in the jaws of a great white serpent, a wyvern, all because of him.

"This arm is a reminder of my failure," he finished.

Genessa
April 24th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Thob and Dumas huh?

And it's true that her coat won't keep her warm for very long. As she checked the LCD panel, the battery indicate only 2 bars left. At most, the coat will only survive for 4 hours before it needs to be recharged or else she would be facing a harsh winter snow with little clothing. The two also offer them hospitality, which made her a little surprised but nod shortly.

"Thank you, Thob and Dumas. I would appreciate that"

Elf
April 25th, 2011, 11:15 PM
"Also..." Fikod added. "...what ye just said was ridiculous. We dwarves eat dragon meat all the time, yet we never became invulnerable. We even mix the meat with the blood with the meat to make a good stew. Where did ye get that legend?"

Ash sighed and said, "It's a Viking myth. Man kicked the arse of a dragon, got drenched in his blood and after wards he was invulnerable. Except for his shoulder, which his clothing covered. A few faeries swear by it."

She shoved her hands into her pockets. Without her gear and extra stuff fighting a dragon would be nigh impossible. Besides, it hadn't done anything wrong, so she shouldn't go after it anyway. She said, "Fine, maybe your brother would have seen them. They rather stand out."

Ivan The Mouse
April 26th, 2011, 02:15 PM

"Do not be silly! I just said these are my clothes, I did not say that everyone wears the same clothes! Can not ye understand?" Dumed complained when Troiatte gave him such conclusion.

"And by the way, since you wanted to see the other parts on these mines...I guess we should go now, shouldn't we?"

The armed duo again looked at each other again when he told the story behind his arm. After a few seconds, the two dwarves started to laugh hysterically.

"Are ye seriously moping over a loss?" The swordsdwarf asked, still laughing at his story.

"Ye don't need to be so sad about yer lost, I tell ye." The macedwarf advised in all serious manner. "We dwarven always get our brothers killed over things like mining or embarking or just about anything! I still remember when me wife died after being mauled by an elephant. It was a sad day, aye...But I did not keep it inside me. I did not let it pull me down."

"Aye! Me too, I lost all me brothers and sisters at a goblin siege when I was new swordsdwarf. I lost me remaining family during that day, but I never blamed myself for it. If ye fail and ye keep looking back at that failure, ye might never move on!"

"But if, ye try to look forward and try again, ye will surely succeed because yer focus is on the future, not on the past!"

"Aye!"

Thob then bowed down before the woman and said "So, shall we, Miss Claire?"

"Yes, they do." Fikod agreed. "I've seen it once too. It was huge, it has white scales, tattered wings and it spits poison. I'm pretty sure that it is not the type of dragon we could eat."

Elf
April 26th, 2011, 10:05 PM

"Yes, they do." Fikod agreed. "I've seen it once too. It was huge, it has white scales, tattered wings and it spits poison. I'm pretty sure that it is not the type of dragon we could eat."

Ash laughed and said, "Well, Quinn's words can be bloody poisonous, but he's not a dragon. I was talking about my friends, mate. So . . . do you think your brother might know where they're at?"

Hoster
April 27th, 2011, 02:55 PM

"M-maybe." the knight stuttered, and lowered his head as the dwarves laughed at what he had just said.

It made him angry, not because he felt mocked but because of how whimsical they were about loss of life. Sure, they say that they are used to it, but he felt that there was a limit to happy-go-lucky you can be about such a topic.

The knight took a deep breath to calm himself, before he said in a determined tone "However, the same could be said about the opposite; at times we are able to survive - able to grow stonger - by pushing ourselves to the limit because we are unable to move on or accept our failures".

"But I agree with you, and I have moved on - though to be honest I may was obsessed about it at first - but I guess you can say that I there is a hand on my shoulder holding me back, if you would excuse the lame pun..." he added with a weak laugh.

willyvereb
April 28th, 2011, 01:53 AM
(OOC: Aren't we already on the move already? I think you missed a few parts. Troiatte asked Dumed to cease his boredom.)

"You are right, Dum-Dum. Let's go! To adventure!~" Troiatte told him in a cheery tone. They continued their road down on exploring the mines. Meanwhile the Heavens Blade Successor were humming some unknown song.

RoadBuster
April 28th, 2011, 02:09 AM
(Sorry it's been a while. Lots of stuff going on)

That last bit perked her interest. A rare material was an exploitable one. It could create a fissure between those that have and those that do not. Her steel eyes matched his and she nodded. "Tell me more about this material, Sakzul. It sounds quite interesting~" she said in a cheerful voice.

Information was power, after all. Whether she could end up using any of this for her own purposes had yet to be seen. At this time, it was more important to just gather all the information she could and remain cordial.

Genessa
April 28th, 2011, 11:53 AM
"Of course. Lead the way." Claire replied.

Ivan The Mouse
April 29th, 2011, 07:59 AM

The lumberjacks then started walking towards a direction nearer to the walls of the fortress, while still minding if Claire is following them. As they went inside the gatehouse of the fortress, they saw a human cloaked in white fur talking to a couple of armed dwarfs. The human seems to be explaining his side to the guarding duo.

"Well, if there's a hand on yer shoulder holding ye back, then ye better, how do I say this...brush it off!" The one with a sword joked to the human in fur cloak, and then laughed. The one with the mace, on the other hand, noticed the three people who just entered the fortress.

The macedwarf then questioned one of woodcutters, "Hey, another human visitor, eh Thob?"

"Aye." It was Dumas who answered to him instead of Thob. "She introduced herself as Claire, and since she seems to be alone in the cold, we offered the fortress as a shelter to her."

"I see." The macedwarf then looked at Claire and said "Welcome to Moonforged, Miss Claire. What is yer purpose here?"

Upon Troiatte's request, Dumed started their trip around the Dwarven Mines.

Meanwhile, on the other parts of the Mining Caverns, Sakzul of the Iron Miners was answering Alphard's questions while walking alongside the other miners. "Alright, but keep in mind that these are just testimonies of the other miners from the other fortresses, so it might just be a legend after all."

"There was this bluish metal they named as Adamantine, or so I was told. It was lightweight yet very strong, any blade made from Adamantine will be very sharp and any item made from it will become very valuable, even if you don't smelt the ore. A friend of a friend told me that his friend heard stories of it being mined from a single vein that leads to the great magma sea beneath the earth, and what's beneath it is yet to be discovered by anyone. However, in the same story, he also told me that when the miners kept digging through the Adamantine vein until it became hollow, and they dug out an eerie cavern which had a floor of dark stone. The air above it is alive with swirls of purple light and dark, boiling clouds. There are glowing and bottomless pits on the surface of that eerie cavern. When the miners found this, they decided to cover up the hole leading to that cavern in order for anyone not to see it. After a few hours, however, one miner noticed that the cover to that hole was broken. And when turned his back to hole, he saw that something came out of it. It was something inhuman. It was something indescribable. It was-"

Sakzul's story was cut off when someone called out. "Me fellow miners, look who I found!" It was Dumed, along with Troiatte. They found their way and met Sakzul and Alphard's travelling party.

"Ye are late again, Dumed!" Sakzul scolded.

"But I was looking for ye, people!"" Dumed answered.

Sakzul then replied "That's why ye always get lost, fool! But anyway...who's that with ye, Dumed?"

"Yes. So do I, Miss Ash." The dwarven child then pointed to the direction behind her. "That way leads to two caves, the left one and the right. The left is where we could find the Plump Helmet farm, while the right one is where the dragon rests."

Genessa
May 1st, 2011, 01:11 PM

Following the two dwarves to the fortress, she scanned topography of the land around her. They were high enough above the ground that even without binoculars, she can tell they were in mountainous region, thus explained the cold temperature she felt. Upon reaching the gatehouse she stopped right behind the woodcutters, regarding the one with the white cloak with vague interest.

Interesting outfit... reminds me of the combat webbing of medieval times.

Her head snap back to attention to the macedwarf that address her. For one and a half second she hesitated a little before she spoke.

"I'm afraid I couldn't say much, it seems I'm caught in conundrum of sorts. Just a moment ago, I was playing "

a deadly version of, her thoughts added

"-hide and seek and the next second I ended up here. I was hoping that someone would be kind enough to provide me with an answer to my situation sir."

Though, she wasn't really expecting an answer. Her words were the truth but not the whole truth.....she certainly cannot tell these people she were involved in black ops mission and was almost caught during her exfiltration.

Hoster
May 1st, 2011, 04:58 PM

"Heh, I won't be free of it just yet," the knight laughed. These men were where an amusing bunch, kind of wierd, but entertaining none the same.

He turned around as he noticed that another group entered the fortress, another duo of dwarves with a woman following their lead.

The knight gave no attention to the dwarves he had spoken to, or the ones that had just entered through the gate, his attention was entirely focused on the woman.

He had to confess that she was stunning, with beautiful silver-colored hair and a pair of lovely red eyes. But that sort of appearance was also tied to something disastrous in his book. He turned and faced her head on, and he moved his cloak slightly to the side so that it wouldn't get in the way if he needed to reach for his sword. Still facing the woman, he examined his surrounding and imagined how a battle would go if one were to be had in these corridors, forming several moves in his head. He couldn't be careful enough around women like her, after all...

"G-greetings, miss." he stuttered nervously. "A-are you seeking shelter from the storm as well?"

Elf
May 1st, 2011, 06:02 PM

"Yes. So do I, Miss Ash." The dwarven child then pointed to the direction behind her. "That way leads to two caves, the left one and the right. The left is where we could find the Plump Helmet farm, while the right one is where the dragon rests."

Ash chuckled at the name of the farm. "Now that's an euphemism if I've ever heard one. I guess the left one then."

Ivan The Mouse
May 7th, 2011, 11:29 AM

"Ah, do not worry. I think people from different nations and kingdoms usually do end up here too, aye. But see, they all have one purpose here and that is to take a shelter." The maceman gave out as an answer to her. "But again, do not worry, once we see your playmates in that hide and seek game, we will notify ye of yer presence here, so ye could come back to them."

The dwarves in the Gatehouse then noticed that the man in fur coat asked her and he was stuttering, and they can't help but think that he likes her. The swordsdwarf then went beside the fur-coated swordsman and nudged him, saying "Ey, I met my wife that way.", then silently laughed.

Fikod then tilted his head once again. "But Miss Ash, Plump Helmets are mushrooms. Are you interested with farming them?"

Genessa
May 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM

At the maceman's answer, her interest perk up a bit. This means she's not the only one who had experience such weird phenomena, there are others beside her. She would have to talk with them sometimes. But in the corner of the ruby-colored eye, she didn't miss the man who had become alerted at her presence. His movement gave him easier access to....whatever is hidden undernearth that cloak of his. Certainly, such simple movement could be him just to make himself comfortable with those clothes but the battle-hardened maiden know more than to dismiss the possibility that there's a gun or something more dangerous under it.

"Aye, I am." she smiled sweetly. "Are you a tenant here as well?"

Elf
May 8th, 2011, 11:28 AM

Fikod then tilted his head once again. "But Miss Ash, Plump Helmets are mushrooms. Are you interested with farming them?"

Ash sighed, shook her head and said, "Ah, never mind, Fikod. It's something that yer a wee bit too young to understand. As for farming them, heavens no. Let's find your brother and ask him if he's seen a really foul mouthed yet gorgeous man and a fidgety blond. Or at least find what's beyond the mines above ground."

Hoster
May 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM

The knight turned his head towards the dwarf with the sword and said with an unamused, though audiably embarassed voice, "P-please do not say such things!"

While his helmet hid the fact that his face was flushed, he turned to the woman and answered her question with an unseen pout, "I am not sure I qualify as a tenant here just yet, m-miss. I just got here, much like y-yourself". Talking to the woman made him nervious, too nervous even, and not just because she was a beautiful one but because he really didn't feel comfortable around women with her characteristics.

Even so, while he may be embarassed by the dwarf's teasing, and althought he is a bit shy speaking to women, especially beautiful women, and even though he couldn't help but have his mind all over the place, he was still as ready as ever to have his other-worldy arm move to the hilt of his black sword and drive it into her if he had any reason to.

'Drive my sword into her' he repeated in his head, which only made him even more flustered, and slightly ashamed of himself...

Ligerleon89
May 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM
"Looks like I missed most of the action" Leon the catboy sighs as he sees the events unfold once again.
"I know what this means, HISTORY CHECK!"
Fortunately, Leon has returned with new powers during his travels, he uses them to go back in time and see what has happened before he returned.

Max and Rosalie also follows.

Genessa
May 14th, 2011, 01:46 PM

She chuckle slightly, her eyes narrowed at him much like a predator who likes to play with her food before eating it. Not that she had planned anything yet but the reaction he displayed made teasing him all the more enjoyable. It would be much more enjoyable however, if she can look at the visage covered behind the helmet.

"....is that so~? Then would you honor this damsel with your name, o' knight in shining honor?" The question was inquired with a playful tone, the sweet smile never left her face.

Ivan The Mouse
May 18th, 2011, 08:58 AM

The dwarves watched the whole scene between the two humans, one woman who, as they know, was lost while playing hide and seek and a man whose stuttering while talking to her, which was a sign of either him not getting used to talking to beautiful women or him liking her. That whole scene was what kept the dwarves giggling like an audience to a comedic play and their chatter to nil.

That is, until a ranger walks into that scene, taking sight of it and finally jeering "Ey, you two! Not here, alright?!" then walking away. That jeer made the dwarves finally break into full laughter.

"Alright." Fikod nodded. "This way to the farm, Miss Ash."

Hoster
May 19th, 2011, 01:33 PM

"...."

At first the knight said nothing, he marely turned his head slowly towards the two dwarves who seemed to be laughing at him, thanks to the comment of one other of their kin. He was not amused, by any of this. The two of them were having to much fun on his expense...

However he ignored the giggling dwarves and turned his head to face the woman once again and bowed before her, but not so that there would be any weaknesses in his posture to exploit. "My name is Ma'oul Ehl Ka'ite, I serve the order of the white spear." he introduced himself nervously. "May I know yours, milady?"

Genessa
June 1st, 2011, 10:29 AM

Guarded. Too much guarded. No doubt he had his share of combat experience in the past. Not that she planned to antagonize him, it's just that her eyes were trained to catch even the tiniest detail. Also, Order of the White Spear? Nevertheless she donned a smile and curtsies before him, yet not as guarded as the Knight. She assumed that should anything bad happen the dwarves will not let it be. "Ours is Claire. I'm afraid I do not serve any order or the such...."

Ivan The Mouse
June 18th, 2011, 05:59 AM
[Bringing up this thread.]

Elf
June 19th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Ash sighed and said, "Lead away, little one. Just be sure to warn me before we wander into random patches of sunlight."

Ivan The Mouse
June 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM

The dwarves immediately went serious when the swordsman finally introduced himself. Ma'oul Ehl Ka'ite from the Order of the White Spear, he told her nervously, as the woodcutters and the guard duo kept their silence on this encounter after laughing so much.

After a few minutes of walking, the child and the vampire finally reached the Fortress' Underground Farms, where they grow all the mushroom that the inhabitants of Moonforged consumes. It seems that they were just in time for harvest, as a handful of farmers and, unusually, dwarves from other occupations uproot the gigantic purple fungi from the ground, loading them into carts and taking them away. Fikod scanned the area to look for his brother, only for him to be called by name. "Fikod, what are ye doing here?!"" yelled by one dwarf who just took down a Plump Helmet.

"Brother, we have an outsider here!" Fikod answered.

"Oh really?!" The farmer then starts approaching them. "Who's that?" he asked, as soon as he sighted Ash.

"She said that her name is Ash, brother!"

"'Ash'? Such a weird name, aye! What does she want from us?"

Ivan The Mouse
July 26th, 2011, 09:51 AM
[Bumping.]

Hoster
August 5th, 2011, 05:36 PM
(I am not entirely sure who is suppose to be next, as I kind of expected you and your dwarves to lead on, Mouse, but just to get things moving... here I go.).

Claire...

He liked that name, it had a pleasant sound to it - fitting for such a beautiful woman. However, is her name simply Claire, or did she keep her family name a secret? Whatever the case may be, Ma'oul was most curious to know her full name, not because he was paranoid to the point of being deluded, but simply because he was convinced that her full name, is she had one, would be just as beautiful...

After spending a moment lost in his own thoughts, the knight bowed his head lightly and looked at Claire. "Then, miss Claire... ." he said, and turned to the dwarves to adress them as well, "Misters...", before he pointed his hand towards the insides of the fortress and finished "Shall we proceed?".