PDA

View Full Version : MvC 3 - Say hello to your new characters!

Chaos Greyblood
July 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Capcom has released 4 new characters and more are on the way to make up one of the biggest rosters yet. I don't know what people have done with the original thread because I can't seem to find it, so I'm making a new one to make up for these big news. The first trailer is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXZtUJSamR8

Chaos Greyblood
July 20th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Vs videos are up:

Ghost Rider vs Strider Hiryu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56OGxQkmGXs

Ghost Rider vs Firebrand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXoriwz0iIs

Hawkeye vs Strider Hiryu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHp-n0rezgQ

MssrNeko
July 20th, 2011, 02:42 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOGOMGOMOGMGOMGOMGOMGMGOG

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!111!

*collaspes in a puddle of fanboyism*

Chaos Greyblood
July 20th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Article on Kotaku showing us info about the updates.

http://kotaku.com/5823075/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-brings-twelve-new-fighters-at-a-budget-price

Sadly, no Megaman incarnation is in there. For shame, Capcom!

EDIT: Wow, my 2000th post! Did I make so many of them in the old BL? o.o

Froggie
July 20th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Can't see embedded videos on my phone. Guess i'll check it out when I get home. Is Megaman finally in the game? My Morrigan feels lonely without her favorite shota robot.

MssrNeko
July 20th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Saddly, no. But Strider is back!! With Firebrand (Red Arremer), Ghost Rider, and Hawkeye with him. My body was not ready for this.

Edit: http://kotaku.com/5823117/are-these-the-remaining-eight-new-fighters-in-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/gallery/

OMOMGOMGOMGOGM......

Doctor MotherFucking Strange......

I'm having a fangasm here......My body is seriously not ready if that list is true.....

Chaos Greyblood
July 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Can't see embedded videos on my phone. Guess i'll check it out when I get home. Is Megaman finally in the game? My Morrigan feels lonely without her favorite shota robot.

Sadly no, no thanks to Capcom here. Although it would be interesting if she could also try to charm X.

Game needs more villains though, 'nuff said.

Froggie
July 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Wait... This is going to be a whole new game? New disc and everything? Because, I swear to God, if I end up with three versions of MvC3 like I did with SF4... Someone's dying.

MssrNeko
July 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Wait... This is going to be a whole new game? New disc and everything? Because, I swear to God, if I end up with three versions of MvC3 like I did with SF4... Someone's dying.

It's Capcom. Of course it's going to happen like that.

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
July 20th, 2011, 06:46 PM
It's a new game

I3uster
July 20th, 2011, 06:56 PM
But the download characters (Jill, Pimp tentacle thing I can not write even if I try) still need to be downloaded? What are they thinking?

Froggie
July 20th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I am so angry right now.

... I'll probably end up buying it anyway.

Some people buy the same sports games and racing games year after year.

I do the same, but with fighting games.

...SIGH.

Chaos Greyblood
July 20th, 2011, 08:00 PM
But the download characters (Jill, Pimp tentacle thing I can not write even if I try) still need to be downloaded? What are they thinking?

If they have some brains, Jill and Shuma-Gorath will be made available from the get-go. Otheriwse, go nuts.

Cascade
July 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Good thing I didn't buy the previous one.
I'm such a huge Strider fanboy that I might be bothered to get this version, even though I know MvC isn't the best fighting series.

I3uster
July 20th, 2011, 08:39 PM
If they have some brains, Jill and Shuma-Gorath will be made available from the get-go. Otheriwse, go nuts.
You take the magic away if you write his name ;_;

The thing that unsettles me is that they are presented in the trailer as "download characters".

July 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I hope they make a PC version

Blue
July 20th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Because Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition for the PC is so great right?

*grumbles something about retarded Games for Windows Live asshattery*

July 20th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Because I don't own a PS3 or x360 and prefer playing fighting games with my wii classic controller pro (has a classic controller to usb adapter)

Cascade
July 21st, 2011, 01:36 AM
Man, using a pad is bad enough. I know because I don't have the money to get a good stick. But a Wii controller?

DB-L
July 21st, 2011, 01:41 AM
Still pissed that Gene is apparently deconfirmed.

But if the art is to be believed, Dr. Strange & Vergil will make up for it.

Despite that, FUCK YEAR STRIDER-FUCKING-HIRYU WHERE YO CURLY MUSTACHE AT!
Old school! Scoops! Scoops Haagen-Dazs! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA)

Cascade
July 21st, 2011, 01:49 AM
You mean Gene from Godhand? That game was so casual unfriendly nobody would even know him, awesome though he may be.

MssrNeko
August 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Alright, people. Here are the trailers + gameplay for two of UMVC3's new fighters: Doctor Strange and Nemesis Type T!

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK8Mso6gfns

Froggie
August 20th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Doctor Strange looks so fun and yet so difficult :(

Elf
August 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Still no Cammy!

The latest Game Informer also released that Phoenix Wright and Frank West are going to be fighters too.

However, I am glad to see Hawkeye so I can change up my Avengers line up a bit. And Dormomu Vs Dr. Strange.

Also, Dr. Strange looks like a good spam the projectiles character.

Froggie
August 20th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Honestly, out of Street Fighter characters, I'm kind of hoping for Juri to make it in.

MssrNeko
August 20th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I'm just happy that the Doc is getting some exposure. *Shameless Doctor Strange Fanboy*

DB-L
August 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Well, it'd be incomplete if you had Dormamu without the Doc.

"By the Eye of Agamotto, you are unmade!"

Chaos Greyblood
August 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Do not forget Shuma Gorath. He has tangled with Doctor Strange on some ocasions.

DB-L
August 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Do not forget Shuma Gorath. He has tangled with Doctor Strange on some ocasions.

Eye c wat u did thar.

MssrNeko
August 20th, 2011, 03:00 PM

Eye saw, eye cringed in horror. DO NOT WANT.

Elf
August 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
. . . You know who would be an awesome addition to the roster: Blade.

Now I really want to see Blade in a fighting game.

Also, I'm still sad they don't have the license to the Fantastic Four. (And anyone else notice that none of the new characters announced are girls?)

MssrNeko
August 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Well, they'll probably add some female characters as future DLC. I hope they add Gambit, though. MVC3 needs sum cajun luvin.

Chaos Greyblood
August 20th, 2011, 03:11 PM
That's what pervs get for not getting their minds off the gutter. :D

Still, if you thought Nemesis was scary in RE3, here he is in MvC3...

Keikaku doori...

DB-L
August 20th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Still, if you thought Nemesis was scary in RE3, here he is in MvC3...

But you couldn't exactly use Hyper Combos or spam assists in RE3.

Nemesis: STARS.
Chris: But I'm BSAA now.
Nemesis: BSAAAAAAHHHH!!!
Chris: ....Just stick with S.T.A.R.S.
Wesker: George Bush will be released into the atmosphere.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52-QBTXZyM&feature=related)

Elf
August 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM
But you couldn't exactly use Hyper Combos or spam assists in RE3.

And you didn't have Dante, Trish, Iron Man, Phoenix, or Wolverine to help bale your ass out either.

Well, they'll probably add some female characters as future DLC. I hope they add Gambit, though. MVC3 needs sum cajun luvin.

Honestly, I'd rather have Rogue than Gambit. But seriously, I don't think any of the new characters are female. I'd like to see Cammy, Juri, Rogue, and . . . dear god I'd love to see the Scarlet Witch.

geenius3ab
August 20th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I am against Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom for obvious reasons.. 40 bucks for a expansion pack where over half of the things it offers should have been a free patch.. And honestly all you get are 12 characters for 40 bucks.
The following vid explains completely, why you shouldn't buy it. If things don't change with UMvC 3, then I won't buy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5W9n7bBgGA&feature=related

Altima of the Gates
August 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Hmm, I would be pissed, but I didn't buy the original (borrowed it from a friend). Looks like it was good I didn't and waited.

Neir
August 20th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Fuck you retards.

FIREBRAND IS BACK, BITCHES.

Counterguardian
August 20th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Where is Vergil damn it?!?

Neir
August 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM
FUCK YOUR VERGIL.

FIREBRAND IS HERE.

DB-L
August 20th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Fuck all your characters.

GENE STILL ISN'T HERE.

Where is Vergil damn it?!?

He was confirmed in the leaked promotional art.

Neir
August 20th, 2011, 10:03 PM
You bitches clearly have not played Gargoyle's Quest or Demon's Crest.

Counterguardian
August 21st, 2011, 12:45 AM
He was confirmed in the leaked promotional art.

Yeah I know. I meant that in the sense I wanted to see some gameplay footage of him.

I'm pretty sure his level 3 hyper is going to be Judgement Cut spam.

DB-L
August 21st, 2011, 02:02 AM
Yeah I know. I meant that in the sense I wanted to see some gameplay footage of him.

I'm pretty sure his level 3 hyper is going to be Judgement Cut spam.

"Might controls everything, Dante. Without it, you cannot defend.......BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH. DIE." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miA_Q_R6KYg&t=4m17s)

Or his Level 3 Hyper has him morph into the Quantum Ranger. :D

Counterguardian
August 21st, 2011, 02:18 AM
That's cool too.

Cascade
August 21st, 2011, 02:51 PM
. . . You know who would be an awesome addition to the roster: Blade.

Now I really want to see Blade in a fighting game.

Also, I'm still sad they don't have the license to the Fantastic Four. (And anyone else notice that none of the new characters announced are girls?)
The reason why F4 isn't in is because when developing MvC3 they felt it would be unreasonable to take up four slots, not that they didn't have the rights to adding them. You can't just add The Thing and not add the rest, or only the Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic. Making them into a pokemon trainer-esque striker character who just switches off mid game would probably not be fair either considering the popularity of the characters, and they would never accept them having a guest appearance like Ant Man in Hawkeye's super. So they just kind of surrendered to the fact that they couldn't add them and put in the Super Skrull so you could at least see all their powers in one character. (Plus they needed more villains.)

I am against Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom for obvious reasons.. 40 bucks for a expansion pack where over half of the things it offers should have been a free patch.. And honestly all you get are 12 characters for 40 bucks.
The following vid explains completely, why you shouldn't buy it. If things don't change with UMvC 3, then I won't buy it.

Man, the butthurt is delicious. Younguns these days don't have any idea how Capcom has done things since SF2. I easily saw this coming and opted not to get it. (For that reason and because it's mahvel baybeh.)

That being said, I heard a rumor you can DLC it for 15. But I haven't confirmed this.

geenius3ab
August 21st, 2011, 03:03 PM
Man, the butthurt is delicious. Younguns these days don't have any idea how Capcom has done things since SF2.
That being said, I heard a rumor you can DLC it for 15. But I haven't confirmed this.

So everyone who explains the reasons why he wants to boycott, or boycotts.. Is butthurt?.. Where do you get the connections of boycotters being butthurt?
With UMvC3 they reached a new HEIGHT of retardedness. They gave us a LOT more with super street fighter. This isn't even a problem about ''giving us more with some other game of the same genre'', but ''Selling us something they promised us as free, and making it so, that they don't need to add anything to the game other than 12 new characters.'' .. That just is a new height, and it reached the level, that it's unacceptable.
Is the ''It has reached its limit'' hard to understand, that you have to lable it as ''butthurt''?

Chaos Greyblood
August 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Did I post a rant made by BlackBusterCritic somewhere? He also made a rant about UMvC3, and it's not exactly a pleaant one.

Ah, here is the wanker's video. You might want to regulate the volume, though. ESPECIALLY when he screams like an irate idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkImSgSGFw

Altima of the Gates
August 21st, 2011, 11:38 PM
Whoo boy, I think I saw the veins coming out of his forehead at during his spazzing.

Cascade
August 24th, 2011, 09:46 AM
So everyone who explains the reasons why he wants to boycott, or boycotts.. Is butthurt?.. Where do you get the connections of boycotters being butthurt?
With UMvC3 they reached a new HEIGHT of retardedness. They gave us a LOT more with super street fighter. This isn't even a problem about ''giving us more with some other game of the same genre'', but ''Selling us something they promised us as free, and making it so, that they don't need to add anything to the game other than 12 new characters.'' .. That just is a new height, and it reached the level, that it's unacceptable.
Is the ''It has reached its limit'' hard to understand, that you have to lable it as ''butthurt''?
I'm just laughing because the supposed "limit" you've imposed is so arbitrary. I guess one of the upsides of being well on the way to becoming old is knowing Capcom has been doing this for a long time, and has never changed despite similar complaints in the past. Even once they entered the DLC era, they insisted they weren't going to bother with it, until they realized every other company was exploiting its potential. If anything SSFIV is unusual in that it added quite a bit of content. Older Capcom releases were often glorified balancing patches with two or three new characters and nothing else. Then again, this was before online consoles, but they were still sold full price in most cases. At least that's what I remember.

geenius3ab
August 24th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I'm just laughing because the supposed "limit" you've imposed is so arbitrary. I guess one of the upsides of being well on the way to becoming old is knowing Capcom has been doing this for a long time, and has never changed despite similar complaints in the past. Even once they entered the DLC era, they insisted they weren't going to bother with it, until they realized every other company was exploiting its potential. If anything SSFIV is unusual in that it added quite a bit of content. Older Capcom releases were often glorified balancing patches with two or three new characters and nothing else. Then again, this was before online consoles, but they were still sold full price in most cases. At least that's what I remember.

Usually the good games made by Capcom are worth the money.
The problem here is that the, rebalancing(?!), spectator mode (?!), 8 new stages (>_>.. Don't care about that), and 12 new characters (I don't really like most of them.), is sold for 40 dollars..
I have never supported such ''expansions'' (Honestly you can't even call it that.)..
In all honesty I haven't been a console gamer for too long (Got myself a PS3 for brutal legend initially.).. But the fact also is that I would never support such shit, and I can't recall any expansion, or dlc, that would consist on that few updates (And I feel pissed off cause the REBALANCING is something i have to pay for?!.. And the same about spectator mode.) and costs full price.
(?!) = it should have been free dlc.
Care to explain to me, how am I butthurt?

Btw Cascade if your stance against Capcom is that ''they've been doing it for a long time'', then do you say it's OK, or not? .. If it's not OK, then why did you call me ''butthurt''?.. And if it is ok, then it's just you who are satisfied with what you get, and you shouldn't call others who are unsatisfied with it ''butthurt'', especially when the thing that I ranted about was obviously not enough for the money they ask.
And yes.. I somewhat got pissed off for you calling me butthurt .. >_>

I3uster
August 24th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I'd rather have a standalone expansion (which this is) than DLC everywhere, but I am a PC gamer and weird like that.

Chaos Greyblood
September 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM
You guys may now welcome Iron Fist and Vergil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HknQk6XAK1w

Amazingly enough, Vergil's VA reprises the role in the game. And it'll also be coming for the Playstation Vita.

Neir
September 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
FUCK THAT SHIT, FIREBRAND TIME.

Froggie
September 14th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Something tells me I'm still going to main Morrigan.

HitokiriNanaya
September 15th, 2011, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovLE3fK3cSQ

Kratosirving
September 15th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Vergil channeled his inner Faker!

HitokiriNanaya
September 15th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Vergil channeled his inner Faker!

I noticed the sword rain too :3

DB-L
September 15th, 2011, 01:17 AM
But that's basically the only sword he can make, and it's just a one-off kinda thing. I would'a thought that they'd stress his poke damage potential even more.

Shirou: My sword creation is not the act of creating swords!
Vergil: That's very interesting.

He & Kojiro would be total bros. Well, as far as non-blood bros go. :p

Froggie
September 15th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Will someone who has played DMC please tell me, does this 'Vergil' always sound so bored?

nununu
September 15th, 2011, 08:13 AM
More clam and cold than bored, IMO.

Vergil is the love-child of Archer and Fake Assassin. Just had to say that. :illya:

Counterguardian
September 18th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Nah, Vergil's always been bored. And a bit condescending for that matter.

As far as his skill with Yamato is concerned, he's arguably the most powerful swordsman in the series so his attitude is somewhat justified. You can kind of infer the only reason Dante managed to beat him so many times was that Vergil always decided to try out his new weapons instead of sticking with Yamato.

In other related news, FUCK YEAH VERGIL!!

DB-L
September 18th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Will someone who has played DMC please tell me, does this 'Vergil' always sound so bored?

Yeah, it's a combination of pride, arrogance, and contempt. He's honed his skills to arguably be the best swordsman in DMC (well maybe barring post DMC1 Dante), and is damn proud of his devil heritage. Unsurprisingly, he looks down on humans more than Gilgamesh looks down on mongrels. Pretty much Dante was the only one to give him a decent challenge, so that explains the "bored" part. And he's also supposed to be the calm, collected antithesis to Dante's cocky, asserted attitude.

Counterguardian
September 18th, 2011, 05:30 AM
I blame Nero Angelo's loss to Dante on the grounds that he wasn't using Yamato and was using that weird spiky chunk of steel.

/fanboyism

Elf
September 18th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I blame Nero Angelo's loss to Dante on the grounds that he wasn't using Yamato and was using that weird spiky chunk of steel.

/fanboyism

Well, also Dante's more versatile as well. Oh, and using guns helps a lot too.

Neir
September 18th, 2011, 03:01 PM
>DMC characters

We have plenty of this type.

FIREBRAND, FUCK YEAH.

DB-L
September 18th, 2011, 03:09 PM
> God Hand

We have none of it.

SCREW YOU CAPCOM.

/fanboyism

That and Nero Angelo was brainwashed/mind controlled, so he wasn't fighting at his full game. Kinda like in Nanoha Strikers when Ginga was brainwashed into being a full cyborg, allowing Subaru to beat her since she wasn't actually using all her skills.

Counterguardian
September 18th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Well, also Dante's more versatile as well. Oh, and using guns helps a lot too.

Elf, Elf, Elf.

Guns don't mean diddly squat when you can catch bullets with your sword and throw them back at you, or are able to slice a bullet into sixths then smack them at you.

DB-L
September 18th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah. Vergil would laugh at bullets...if he was the type to laugh.

Dante had more raw power and HEROIC DETERMINATION.

HitokiriNanaya
September 18th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I always felt Vergil was never going at full strength even at the very end of DMC 3

Sei
September 18th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Vergil, Fei Long Iron Fist, Strider, and Nemesis.

So many good looking characters...

I really wanna know how they're gonna address the balancing issues. Cause I wanna actually play with characters and not have to worry about "is it Sentinel, Magneto, Dante, etc." =3=

DB-L
September 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I always felt Vergil was never going at full strength even at the very end of DMC 3

Nah, he just screwed up his pinky finger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miA_Q_R6KYg&t=5m36s). :D

Sei
September 18th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Nah, he just screwed up his pinky finger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miA_Q_R6KYg&t=5m36s). :D

This is gold. :D

Counterguardian
September 22nd, 2011, 05:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAH1AFzsmdc

OH GOD YES!

Froggie
September 22nd, 2011, 08:49 AM
That is a pretty badass sounding character theme.

Though... it's a bit on the slow side for a fighting game, isn't it? A lot of MvC3 themes are like that, come to think of it...

Blue
September 22nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
That is a pretty good theme I have to say. I'm a personal fan of the X-23 theme because of the stark contrast it has with others. When she comes on and her theme plays, you notice it.

DB-L
September 22nd, 2011, 10:05 AM
That is a pretty badass sounding character theme.

Though... it's a bit on the slow side for a fighting game, isn't it? A lot of MvC3 themes are like that, come to think of it...

It's a nice remix of the 2nd Boss Fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mi11pfUUrk) theme.

Counterguardian
September 22nd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Now imagine the OH SHIT moment when you KO someone and this theme starts playing when Vergil jumps in.

You will not forget this devil's power.

Sei
September 22nd, 2011, 10:19 PM
So would you guys say (from what we've seen) that Vergil is a mix of rush-down and zone control? <.<

Trying to think up an all-round team to practice with once the game comes out.

Chaos Greyblood
September 22nd, 2011, 10:24 PM
Somewhat, with some trickery added in thanks to his flash steps. He's a bit more technical compared to Dante and while I don't think he has as many moves that noobs can exploit, his learning curve is different from his brother.

HitokiriNanaya
September 22nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
Vergil looks like he can pressure too when used right, but only for more advanced players

Sei
September 22nd, 2011, 10:29 PM
Well yeah, Vergil has always been more about precision than Dante. I think the saying was like Dante is like fire with explosive style and power while Vergil is like ice, cool and calculating with precision.

Vergil looks like he can pressure too when used right, but only for more advanced players

Well I'm learning how to use Spencer after watching Combofiend at Evo, so I think I'll be able to use Vergil okay.

DB-L
September 22nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
BIONIC AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRMMM

And I always wondered, is X-Factor + Devil Trigger excessive/unnecessary? People say Dante does enough on his own or with just X-Factor.

HitokiriNanaya
September 22nd, 2011, 10:33 PM
BIONIC AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRMMM

And I always wondered, is X-Factor + Devil Trigger excessive/unnecessary? People say Dante does enough on his own or with just X-Factor.

Yes because nothing says "OVERKILL!" Like a X-Factor, Devil Trigger combo

Sei
September 22nd, 2011, 10:38 PM

Nothing says OVERKILL like an X-Factor, Devil Trigger, into a level three super.

If the game wasn't so horribly balanced, I'd almost say Vergil was broken. >.>

Also, Iron Fist hits like a friggin truck! <_<

DB-L
September 22nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Iron Truck Fist ftw.

Didn't he teach Spiderman kung fu?

Well I'd say that sounds like something you'd reserve for when you wanna really rub it in the other player's face, but then there are probably far more cruel/cheap ways to do it. Still, it'd look pretty cool, eh? :)

Sei
September 22nd, 2011, 11:01 PM
In my house we call those "you're an ass" moments. <.<

HitokiriNanaya
October 13th, 2011, 01:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4yBT3XLUxc&amp;feature=mfu_in_order&amp;list=UL

FUCK YES!

Chaos Greyblood
October 13th, 2011, 01:14 PM
The end is actually hilarious if you think about Dr Doom's diplomatic immunity. XDDDD

I3uster
October 13th, 2011, 01:35 PM
So now I can kill comic characters with a lawyer?
It's like I am a Marvel CEO!

Ruca_Milda
October 13th, 2011, 02:04 PM
OH GOD NOW I WANT MvC3 SO BAD EVEN IF I COULDN'T CARE LESS FOR MORE THAN HALF OF THE CAST

(I should probably finish Trials and Tribulations one of these days...)

Chaos Greyblood
October 13th, 2011, 04:56 PM
So now I can kill comic characters with a lawyer?
It's like I am a Marvel CEO!

*Isn't sure he's serious* =/

Neir
October 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Firebrand.

Froggie
October 13th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Hahahaha, Phoenix Wright! That's awesome :)

Sei
October 28th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I was actually kinda disappointed with Phoenix Wright. Nova looks okay though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DNQsU4kYts

MssrNeko
October 29th, 2011, 01:56 AM
So many theories arose ever since the new Sentinel level showed up in the new character trailers. Hint: when the level appears (giant robots), pause and look at the poster in the background. Look familiar?

Sei
October 29th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Oh... that. Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I was wondering what happened to those guys too. But there still looks like a few people are unaccounted for.

MssrNeko
November 1st, 2011, 02:29 PM
Whelp, everyone, meet the final two members of the UMVC3 roster: Frank West and Rocket Raccoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwyV7ZQL7AI&feature=relmfu

Aw yeah, Frank's back and he's better than ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hDjttNGgYA&feature=relmfu

I won't lie, Rocket Raccoon turned me off when I first saw him. But now, ALL IS FORGIVEN.

DB-L
November 1st, 2011, 03:07 PM
"Again?! Why do you guys always go after me?!"

lol that ending.

Froggie
November 1st, 2011, 05:58 PM
WHERE IS MY MEGAMAN, CAPCOM?! WHERE ARE YOU HIDING HIM?!?!

MssrNeko
November 1st, 2011, 06:00 PM
WHERE IS MY MEGAMAN, CAPCOM?! WHERE ARE YOU HIDING HIM?!?!

He's on the run from evil Mavericks Sentinels. Give them time, he'll probably be DLC.

Hopefully.

Counterguardian
November 10th, 2011, 08:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR9atOavbII#t=2m15s

Vergil can chain his S-H Upper Slash into itself.

Oh man I'm going to abuse this so hard.

Froggie
November 11th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Megaman X is a DLC alternate costume for Zero...

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

I RAEG!

Rockxas
November 12th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I'll say this here 'cuz saying it anywhere near Megaman fans would be bad: I don't see how that's a bad thing. I love Megaman, X and Legends are my favorite series, and I love fighting games too, but I don't see why X not being in MvC3 (as his own character) is such a big deal...

Sei
November 12th, 2011, 08:25 PM
People just want a Megaman really. Him being a veteran and all.

Rockxas
November 12th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I see, I gave up on that after the UMvC3 characters got leaked, X won plenty of polls for most wanted character before that and Capcom still didn't add him, so I just figured we wouldn't have him (or any Megaman) this time around. At least I'm satisfied with Tron and Zero. After this I hope they make TvC2. I want my Samurai Pizza Cats and Sengoku Basara characters!

Sei
November 12th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I mean, they already said why they didn't put Megaman or X in the game. Like a long time ago...

Anyways, they put Strider back in, so I'm happy.

DB-L
November 12th, 2011, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR9atOavbII#t=2m15s

Vergil can chain his S-H Upper Slash into itself.

Oh man I'm going to abuse this so hard.

Was that a DT X-Factor I just saw?

0_o

Sei
November 12th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I'd seriously like to know just how strong Vergil's Hyper is. Cause I swear every time I've seen him get it off, it's a guaranteed kill.

Counterguardian
November 13th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Was that a DT X-Factor I just saw?

0_o

Yep. And you've got to love his quote when he pops it too.

I need more POWER!

I'd seriously like to know just how strong Vergil's Hyper is. Cause I swear every time I've seen him get it off, it's a guaranteed kill.

Word on Shoryuken.com is that it's 650k damage. It also causes a crumple state (where they fall to their knees) after it's done so you can taunt and/or continue it into a combo into Slash Dimension that kills anybody beneath 1.1M health.

With X-Factor 3, I think I remember reading that Dark Angel does 1023k damage. WHAT THE FUCK?

Oh and by the way, apparently any of Vergil's normals that involve him using the blade of a sword like Yamato or Force Edge can cut through projectiles like they're nothing. I am going to love using him against my cousin spamming hadokens at me.

Cut those suckers out of the air while badass walking towards him.

Sei
November 13th, 2011, 01:00 AM
I'm just gonna spam the cancel, the air trick behind you and spiral swords, and the DT X Factor for the lulz.

DB-L
November 13th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Oh and by the way, apparently any of Vergil's normals that involve him using the blade of a sword like Yamato or Force Edge can cut through projectiles like they're nothing. I am going to love using him against my cousin spamming hadokens at me.

Cut those suckers out of the air while badass walking towards him.

It'd be awesome if you could do that "catch the bullets, line them up, and fling them back" trick like in DMC3. :D

Vergil: Problem Ryu?

Counterguardian
November 13th, 2011, 01:04 AM
I'm just gonna spam the cancel, the air trick behind you and spiral swords, and the DT X Factor for the lulz.

Just stand there while the swords poke them to death? Badass.

Seeing that Vergil's Helm Breaker can cancel into his Trick Up, I think I'm going to re-enact the final battle of DMC3 and just spam it like nuts.

It'd be awesome if you could do that "catch the bullets, line them up, and fling them back" trick like in DMC3. http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Vergil: Problem Ryu?

That would be CRAZY. I got so hyped up when I saw his normal block animation was his sword spinning trick.

Counterguardian
November 15th, 2011, 02:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sekxkq9T0Eo&feature=player_embedded&t=1m20s

Vergil is INSANE.

This from only two bars.

DB-L
November 15th, 2011, 03:10 AM
No kill like overkill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovLE3fK3cSQ&feature=related&t=2m19s). :D

Froggie
November 15th, 2011, 07:49 AM

Vergil is INSANE.

This from only two bars.

My face

D:

Godamnit, I'll never, ever, be that good, but now I want to buy UMvC3 just to TRY.

DreamsRequiem
November 15th, 2011, 08:08 AM
.....fucking ey', man. Dat Vergil....

Sei
November 15th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Vergil is INSANE.

This from only two bars.

Words cannot explain how I feel right now.

MssrNeko
November 16th, 2011, 02:54 PM
A week back, eventhubs got wind of the DLC costumes. Check 'em out here. (http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/nov/13/high-resolution-umvc3-dlc-alternate-costume-images/)

@Frank West and Zero alts: God, Capcom be trolling. Srsly.

Chaos Greyblood
November 16th, 2011, 03:47 PM
One good thing I can say, Chun Li's Alpha jumpsuit is the sex.

Neir
November 16th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Firebrand. That is all.

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 07:44 PM
A week back, eventhubs got wind of the DLC costumes. Check 'em out here. (http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/nov/13/high-resolution-umvc3-dlc-alternate-costume-images/)

@Frank West and Zero alts: God, Capcom be trolling. Srsly.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

I RAEG AGAIN!

MssrNeko
November 17th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Got the game!!

And here's Nova's ending. Srsly Capcom? SRSLY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNbFIFRkt-A

DB-L
November 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Man, the Megaman trolling just doesn't stop. XD

Rockxas
November 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Roll looks pretty cool like that.

Counterguardian
November 22nd, 2011, 02:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv5rUUmXEFE

Blue
November 22nd, 2011, 03:12 AM
New Haggar is beastly.

Counterguardian
November 22nd, 2011, 04:51 AM
Command grab untechable resets are op.

Spencer has one as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvrtCgeG7iM&feature=player_embedded

Chaos Greyblood
December 30th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Kinda late to the party, but I wonder if you have all seen this vid:

The Real Doom(?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qdhAZ7E6GA

DAA FIIIIIINGAAAALAZAAAAAAR!!!

MssrNeko
December 30th, 2011, 03:57 PM
DOOM NEEDS MOAR YOGURT.

CAPCOM, make this happen and I'll sell my soul.

DB-L
December 30th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I'M SO TOP TIER.

WHERE'S MEGAMAN?

lol

Chaos Greyblood
December 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM
GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE!

DOOM NEEDS MORE YOGURT

DA MINI-FINGALAZAR!

Counterguardian
December 31st, 2011, 10:33 PM
I lost it at "WHERE'S MEGAMAN?"

Anybody know if it's possible to mod those voices into the game?

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 10:56 PM
I myself wonder if this is an actual secret DLC or a voice mod job.

Lycodrake
December 31st, 2011, 10:59 PM
I myself wonder if this is an actual secret DLC or a voice mod job.
<.<
>.>
Or a combination of both...
*hides*

Counterguardian
January 28th, 2012, 03:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wwz04oPVPM

I think this is one of the best combo videos for this game I've seen yet.

Hitstun deterioration? What hitstun deterioration?

Froggie
January 28th, 2012, 09:06 AM
That was amazing. Almost enough to make me seriously consider getting the game but I'm still pissed off at Capcom for no Megaman and for being so damn sleazy.

Still amazing to look at though.

Counterguardian
February 22nd, 2012, 01:34 AM
Have you guys tried the Heroes and Heralds mode yet? Some of the cards have the most OP effects.

Cyclops (All attacks cause chip damage) + Multiple Man (One Man Army + extra startup Hyper Gauge) + Vergil Upper Slash infinite blockstring is literally faceroll.

Blue
May 3rd, 2013, 11:48 PM
So massive thread necro, but does anyone here still play often? Evo is coming up, and I am extremely hype for it. Been watching random fights cuz goddamn is this game entertaining and I am simply amazed at the kinds of tech I've been seeing. Lots of fresh and awesome. The age of Phoenix is over, but we're currently sitting in the horrible MorriDoom full-screen spam phase. So kicking it off with: What team does anyone who still plays use now? I'm using Skrull, Frank, Hulk and my friend just linked me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VRHdwgHEXAM

It will be so awesome if I can get a bit of that to work.

Epiren
May 4th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I don't have a team I can confidently say I main - I'm more or less experimenting~

My "main character" is Nemesis, though I really like to play Magnus. I like Magneto's movement and normals, and it really is fun trying to mash buttons in attempting to air-plink dash. On the zombie's part, I like his damage and his resets - and his tentacle resets.

Experimental teams: Nemmy, Dorm, Magnus/Akuma; Nemmy, Iron Man, Magnus; Nemmy, Spencer, Dr. Doom/Akuma; and of course, my 'first' team: Nemesis, Phoenix Wright and Akuma.

Blue
May 4th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Steady and hard hitting. I like it. How's your Iron Man? Some of his combos when you just clip the opponent with the tip of a repulsor normal look beautiful. I have to say that Nem surprised me a bit. He has an interesting flow with nice kind of multi-hit so you can string things out nicely.

P.s. I hate you plink dashing. I can't do it and its ruining my game >.<

Mattias
May 5th, 2013, 01:23 AM
I like to keep a line up of Amaterasu and X-23, with the last slot to try out new characters. Ammy because she has such variability with the instruments (even if I have to spend precious time mashing to get it goddamn work) and can duck most projectile attacks easily. And X is good for speed to take out that last little chuck of enemy health.

Blue
May 5th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Ammy on point? That's kind of cool. A bit of a risk with her health, but she does rush down with the best of them. I have to say that I have yet to meet anyone in real life who plays X-23 decently. She has a few very good tools of course and also one of the cheapest Level 3s in the game. I just wish I knew how to make it all work properly =D

Epiren
May 5th, 2013, 09:20 AM
My Iron Man... sucks. I just picked him up in honor of the recently released movie.

And Nemesis is absurd. High Damage Output with a relatively easy combo, armored moves, untechable resets - and a rocket launcher really completes the picture. Too bad he is just too damn slow - his wave/plink dash is okay, but his normals are not. And his level 3 sucks.

And Ah can't plink dash per se - I just air wave dash while mashing the buttons: I get maybe one plink dash for every 5 wave dash inputs.

Blue
May 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Nem armour is awesome. I prefer Hulk when it comes to that though. Hulk is... beastly. Having slow hits are part of the charm of the big chunky damaging guys though. And remember you don't need level 3s to do good! Hulk doesn't even have one >.>

And don't get me started on wave dash inputs. I can't catch a wall bounce mid screen. It makes using awesome assists like Iron Fist or Rocket just... sad.