PDA

View Full Version : Bastion

NarkNarkins
July 28th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Okay well that was awesome.

I'm not sure I've enjoyed a game so much in some time, yeah its short and the combat can get kinda repetitive. But its got enough twists and turns to make up for the length and the variety of weapons prevent the combat from stagnating. But its the feel of the game that had me hooked, why i enjoyed it so much and why its one of my favorite games of the last few years.

First of all its all very pretty, the art style is a nice change from gritty realism or anime styled cell shading. That and the way the game world literally builds itself up around you as you go on makes a pretty fantastic looking game.

But more than the way the game looks its the feel of the game itself, the style of constant narration of the game along with the post apocalyptic nature of the game world lends it a sorrowful melancholic atmosphere but the story is driven by the hope of salvation one way or the other. This is a incredibly refreshing after the grim dark stylings of fallout etc.

... I'm stuck somewhat on what more to say. But try it. Honestly you will not regret it.