PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Angles (Discussion Thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Kieran
August 7th, 2011, 11:20 PM
For all the odd tangents and ideas the series seems to generate - or for discussions that go on a bit long. Not that I don't enjoy them, but some of them do veer off, so I've been kindly granted permission to give us all a place for them. Bring on your Evangelion crossovers, your "what ifs" and "what have yous" . . . We'll see what the series can look like from a different angle, so to speak.

(Yes, it's corny, and more than a little lame - but it's late, and I'm halfway to bed, mentally. In this state of mind, I think it's funny.) :D

VelspertheCat
August 7th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Wait. This is a thread for non Type-Moon fics?

Edit: Or Type-Moon/whatever here?

Kieran
August 7th, 2011, 11:27 PM
*shrug* Wasn't quite sure where to put it - but this seemed logical. Lately, a lot of speculation has developed for alternate settings for my "Trinity" series (which is a Type-Moon crossover with a non-TM series) - other crossings I could have done with non-TM series, other than the one I have. Since the concept's generated a fair number of pages in the last little while, I thought its own discussion thread might be a good idea. I asked for permission, and got it - I can ask to have the thread moved, if you think it's in the wrong spot . . .

mangafreak7793
August 7th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Will it still be a TarakaxAvenger and ShirouxIllya?

Though Alf made a good TMxEvangelion if you haven't read it.

lethum
August 7th, 2011, 11:30 PM
For the Trinity series, actually. The only limits on the series to be crossovered with seem to be "Kieran knows the series" and "they can are forced to leave leave via plot item/event at the end of the fic (like what happened in the Buffy-verse)".

That said, I think EVA is a good idea. And Galen...maybe he rescues Touji's sister while Sachiel is around, and promises to protect her. By the time he realizes he's in the Evaverse, he's bound by his promise and his own nature, while Takara and Shirou are much more closely woven into the plot. For example: Kiritsugu the overseer of the UN, or the classic "main characters of the fic are the pilots".

mangafreak7793
August 7th, 2011, 11:35 PM
If main characters are still there I hope for ReixShinji or at least Asuka to ease up on the abuse and teasing.

jwang
August 7th, 2011, 11:39 PM
It's Trinity (Type-moon fanfic series)/whatever cross I believe. We had a 2 page discussion (at least that much, I think) debating the merits of having a Trinity/NGE series, and how you would go about executing it. I'm in favor of having Galen stuck as one of the crimes against humanity (Evangelion, Rei, Kaworu), since if he's one of them, he can't immediately self-destruct for a quick ending. I'm in further favor of Galen taking Rei's place, Takara taking Shinji's place, and Shirou taking Asuka's place. Illya can take Hikari Horaki's place I guess, though that would put a whole new spin on Asuka and Hikari's relationship...

If I were to assign further roles, I'd have Ciel in Misato's place, Shiki in Kaji's, Aruceid in Ritsuko's. Kiritsugu and Iris would remain Illya's parents I guess, Gendo will be Tohsaka Tokiomi, and Seele will be run by Zouken. Gilgamesh will be advising in Kozo Fuyutsuki's place. Kaworu's trolling will be done by Kotomine, Shinji's wannabe nature will make him Kensuke, and Sakura would either be marginalized as her continued role as Shinji's sister or altogether ignored. NGE's cast is pretty small if you really think about it.

And now I want to go read Crossed Destinies... (NGE/Ranma1/2 AU that is done REALLY well).

Kieran
August 7th, 2011, 11:41 PM
If main characters are still there I hope for ReixShinji or at least Asuka to ease up on the abuse and teasing.

The main characters' presence was part of the original debate, actually - with good arguments either way. The running premise for the thread is that the series will involve Shirou, Takara, and Jester (or whatever alias he assumes for the duration). Ilya's presence is optional. Heck, given their positioning, there's a good chance of Rin joining the party instead.

As for Rei and Shinji - I favour that myself. Asuka . . . Either Jester will run, or he'll attempt to kill her in the hopes of doing humanity a good deed as his final act. She's actually worse in the Rebuilds . . . *shudder*

mangafreak7793
August 7th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Twin tailed tsundere...., (remembers evangelion) not sure if want.

Bloble
August 8th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Kieran hates Asuka?

I think I just died a little inside.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 8th, 2011, 12:50 AM
"Worse in Rebuild?" *eyebrow raise*

Pray tell how, exactly. Not that we've seen all that much of her in Rebuild in the first place.

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 12:52 AM
^ I agree, she's a little bit less bitchy then the Doujin (Re-act, I think) made it worse if I remember (haven't seen much other then Rei hanging herself)

ItsaRandomUsername
August 8th, 2011, 12:57 AM
What we've seen of Asuka in Rebuild so far (if memory serves right)

> Kills an Angel in Unit-02 as part of her debut
> Acts Asuka-ish, and has a new last name
> Sports a sexy new plugsuit for one scene
> Pilots Unit-03 in Touji's stead as opposed to canon
> Gets trashed by Unit-01 because Unit-03 goes berserk
> Shows up with an eyepatch in the later movies................

................it pains me to say this, but I'm calling BS on that one, Kieran.
Not that having "Galen"/"Jester"/"whatever the f*** he's calling himself this time" plotting to kill her because of old prejudices isn't a good plot point, that is. Just let it be known that trying to accomplish that won't exactly accomplish anything/do anyone any favors in the long run, and that he certainly isn't in the right. But since we know Jester is a big screw up, I guess that's to be expected.

Elf
August 8th, 2011, 12:59 AM

Pray tell how, exactly. Not that we've seen all that much of her in Rebuild in the first place.

Honestly, I thought Asuka was a lot more personable in Rebuild. She was just aggressive for those first fifteen minutes, but in the end she was very sweet if sad.

What about the Blood universe?

Or my personal favorite: Hellsing?

ItsaRandomUsername
August 8th, 2011, 12:59 AM
^
Yeah, this. :p

Hellsing/Trinity?

I'd hit that like the fist of an angry God.

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 01:00 AM
We'll get screwed with Hellsing.

I prefer blood+ so I can imagine Takara being badass in that universe.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 8th, 2011, 01:03 AM
You mean you DON'T want to see the Trinity have to deal with Nazi Vampires? :/

Weirdo. :p

Elf
August 8th, 2011, 01:05 AM

Come on, I can see it:

Rin as Integra

Takara as Ceras

Shirou as the Walter Role without him Judasing.

And Jester as Alucard.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 8th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Shirou wielding awesome uber-dental floss?

I can dig it.

Oooooh, here's one:

Trinity/Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Make of this what you will.

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 01:11 AM

Oh right, Vampire Nazi how could I forget, though if their replacing them then that's a different story.

Just for giggles, Trinity/Hamtaro.

ringlhach
August 8th, 2011, 01:13 AM
^^Well, the travel/transport deus is built in... Not sure how well that'd work out, though.

Bloble
August 8th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Galen sees Hellsing.

*Shoots himself in the face*

That's my guess at least.

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Galen sees Hellsing.

Hellsin: *grins*

Galen: Oh fuck...

Fixed.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 8th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Galen sees Alucard.

Alucard: *grins*

Galen: Oh fuck...

Actually fixed. :p

Derpderpderpderpderp.

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Actually fixed. :p

Derp, I forgot.

Mike1984
August 8th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Sakura would either be marginalized as her continued role as Shinji's sister or altogether ignored.

Oh, yeah, because totally ignoring Sakura because you can't be arsed to include her is such an original idea....

Techlet
August 8th, 2011, 05:53 AM
The Trinity ends up in Angel Beats!

Discuss?

Kieran
August 8th, 2011, 07:04 AM

Honestly, I thought Asuka was a lot more personable in Rebuild. She was just aggressive for those first fifteen minutes,

Which is much further than I got. After watching her hit Shinji after having just seen him, that was it. Especially since Misato didn't even raise an eyebrow - in any military in the world I know of, that would've had Asuka in the brig/stockade. And since Asuka has a military rank (Captain, no less, if I remember correctly), that just exceeded my bullshit meter.

I've seen some semi-decent versions of her, but that ain't one of them.

And considering that Jester is back to being deeply suicidal, a sane reaction to her is kind of farfetched. :)

What about the Blood universe?

As long as we speak of the original OAV, or live-action movie, I could see it as a possibility . . .

Or my personal favorite: Hellsing?

*chuckle* If I only had the d20 Anime book, I could use the Hellsing d20 book I have to make them as characters - unfortunately, I need one to use the other.

Edit: And wouldn't it be better to have Shirou as Alucard (red-coated badass, and all)? Or, if you keep Jester in the role, have Shirou or Takara as Anderson?

Just for giggles, Trinity/Hamtaro.

A nice, quiet, normal existence? Where do they sign?

This one I've actually considered - I only have the first series, though, so research into the later stuff would be required.

The Trinity ends up in Angel Beats!

Discuss?

I don't remember ever hearing about it, sorry.

Techlet
August 8th, 2011, 07:14 AM
From Wiki: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Beats)

Angel Beats! takes place at a high school acting as a Purgatory, where students learn to give up any lingering attachments they still have from life before continuing to an afterlife or reincarnation. While the injury or cause of death are gone, those in the afterlife school can still feel pain or other things as they did when they were alive, as well as dying again, only to awaken with no injures several minutes later. The story follows the main protagonist Otonashi, a boy who lost his memories of his life after dying. Upon awakening in the afterlife, he meets a girl named Yuri who invites him to join the Afterlife Battlefront (死んだ世界戦線 Shinda Sekai Sensen (SSS)?), an organization she founded and leads which fights against God for the cruel fates the SSS members experienced in life. Their only enemy in the world is the school's student council president Angel, a being with supernatural powers who fights against the SSS. Yuri believes that anyone who follows Angel's orders and behaves like a normal student at the school will eventually disappear and pass on. However, those who fulfill their dreams in the afterlife will pass on as well.

In short, it's an anime series about a bunch of high school kids rebelling against their afterlife with more dakka. Has an exploitable plot and a lot of unexplored (and really rather awesome) side characters. A must watch.

The story's penned by Maeda Jun of KEY, so the music's pretty cool. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n--Ex79ZIII)

Usandru
August 8th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I'm not going to get into a big discussion of how to cross Trinity and NGE, because frankly, I'm supposed to be working on my own projects...

But I will leave this link (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?532593-IWIW-Evangelion-Shadowjack-Twitters-From-the-Geofront), because NGE is a very complex series, which, if one wants to work with it, deserves more than just a little thought on how to do it.

EDIT: Or, in case one wants to skip to the point where the actual series is discussed, start here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?532593-IWIW-Evangelion-Shadowjack-Twitters-From-the-Geofront&p=12709136#post12709136

Techlet
August 8th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Hmm, how about Trinity in the Madokaverse?

SeiKeo
August 8th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Magical Girl Takara? Did someone say Magical Girl Takara? I like. Would it have come out after Galen died?

Elf
August 8th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I'd say Trinity/Berserk but . . .

While Shirou would thrive in that world to some extent, the world is rather dark and depressing. Even though Shrike is the most adorable witch girl like ever. And a bit tsundere. Galen would be reaching for the booze and Takara would have to slay demons to keep from getting raped.

I'd say the Harry Dresden verse if Kirean wasn't already writing that one crossover/fusion.

Techlet
August 8th, 2011, 09:49 AM
The idea I had was that:

Galen survives the original car crash, QB shows up and...

QB: You don't want it to end here, do you? You appear to have a reason for living. I don't usually go for adults, but you have quite the emotional range. In other words, you have a lot of potential.

Galen: Wa...ter...

QB: If I grant you power, could you go on?

Galen: Waa...terrr...

QB: No, po-wer. Please pay attention, the fate of the universe is at stake here! Anyway, I propose a deal. In exchange for taking up this burden, I will grant you any one wish. Accept this contract and you'll accept its conditions. While living in the world of humans, you will live unlike any other- a different providence, a different time, a different life. The Power of the Soul will condemn you to a life of solitude. Are you prepared to become a Magical Gir-rruy?

Galen: ...wa...t...er...

QB: I'll take that as a yes!

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Some idea's: trinity/Bastard!, Trinity/Ranma 1/2, Trinity/Sailor Moon, Trinity/Ronin Warriors(old fav of mine when it was on Toonami), Trinity/Tenchi Muyo.

please Tell me what you think. Also for the Tenchi one I was thinking of Takara being in Tenchi's place, Shirou in Sasami's(he is amongst those that can actually cook), and Jester in Ayeka's.

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 11:04 AM
A nice, quiet, normal existence? Where do they sign?

I was thinking of them turning into hamsters and being locked in a cage by their owners.

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 11:12 AM
They would kill you Manga, along wth Kieran(sp?).

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Bring it on!

Look at my avatar.

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 12:08 PM
four words: Full powered Excaliblast spam

ItsaRandomUsername
August 8th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I was thinking of them turning into hamsters and being locked in a cage by their owners.

*snerk*

hatori
August 8th, 2011, 12:26 PM
the trinity Dresdenverse crossover is potentially there. And it's kinda similar to what i'm planning for the next few chapters.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 8th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Damn it, I wanna write an AU oneshot, but I've got too much on my plate at the moment. =(

Bloble
August 8th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I liked the Berserk crossover idea.

Who can rage more? Guts or Galen?
How many demons will Takara end up slaying?
How much magic will Shirou relearn?

It would be awesome.

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I like the trinity/Angel beats one though.

Ace
August 8th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Shirou wielding awesome uber-dental floss?

I can dig it.

Oooooh, here's one:

I approve.

Jester's reaction to meeting Fate will be glorious since he has a thing for sad lolis.

Kieran
August 8th, 2011, 06:09 PM
From Wiki: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Beats)

Angel Beats! takes place at a high school acting as a Purgatory, where students learn to give up any lingering attachments they still have from life before continuing to an afterlife or reincarnation. While the injury or cause of death are gone, those in the afterlife school can still feel pain or other things as they did when they were alive, as well as dying again, only to awaken with no injures several minutes later. The story follows the main protagonist Otonashi, a boy who lost his memories of his life after dying. Upon awakening in the afterlife, he meets a girl named Yuri who invites him to join the Afterlife Battlefront (死んだ世界戦線 Shinda Sekai Sensen (SSS)?), an organization she founded and leads which fights against God for the cruel fates the SSS members experienced in life. Their only enemy in the world is the school's student council president Angel, a being with supernatural powers who fights against the SSS. Yuri believes that anyone who follows Angel's orders and behaves like a normal student at the school will eventually disappear and pass on. However, those who fulfill their dreams in the afterlife will pass on as well.

In short, it's an anime series about a bunch of high school kids rebelling against their afterlife with more dakka. Has an exploitable plot and a lot of unexplored (and really rather awesome) side characters. A must watch.

The story's penned by Maeda Jun of KEY, so the music's pretty cool. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n--Ex79ZIII)

It sounds intriguing, but based on my experience writing "Unfamiliar," I think it unwise to start a fic where I know almost nothing about the series, or by secondhand. If I wanted them to fight in the afterlife, I'd probably use Bleach or Disgaea (probably Disgaea. At least there, being so broken in power levels can be funny).

Hmm, how about Trinity in the Madokaverse?

Magical Girl Takara? Did someone say Magical Girl Takara? I like. Would it have come out after Galen died?

No, but that doesn't mean I've seen it. Same response as to Angel Beats, basically.

Now, Nanoha or Sailor Moon, I could do, if it's magical girls you want.

I'd say the Harry Dresden verse if Kirean wasn't already writing that one crossover/fusion.

Point - otherwise I might be tempted.

Some idea's: trinity/Bastard!, Trinity/Ranma 1/2, Trinity/Sailor Moon, Trinity/Ronin Warriors(old fav of mine when it was on Toonami), Trinity/Tenchi Muyo.

please Tell me what you think. Also for the Tenchi one I was thinking of Takara being in Tenchi's place, Shirou in Sasami's(he is amongst those that can actually cook), and Jester in Ayeka's.

Not as the demon she accidentally awoke? That pretty much describes how she summoned him. :D

As I've said, Sailor Moon I could do (in fact, an author had a ficlet concept I found intriguing . . .). Ranma would be met with a lot less slapstick (it's one of Galen's hell animes - not Eva-level, but definitely not preferred) and a lot more lethal fights. Ronin Warriors I never saw, but Tenchi - I could actually dig the RPG out of the crawlspace and put it to use again!

. . . Just be prepared for it not to be third OAV series compliant. Biggest bloody let down I've had in anime, ever.

They would kill you Manga, along wth Kieran(sp?).

At least it'd be peaceful . . . And yes, that's right. Elf's a bit dyslexic at times. :)

Damn it, I wanna write an AU oneshot, but I've got too much on my plate at the moment. =(

I know how that goes - that BioShock thing is really tempting, but given what I've already got in the air . . .

I approve.

Jester's reaction to meeting Fate will be glorious since he has a thing for sad lolis.

Damn it, I have to sit down and actually finish watching that series - I never even got to where she was introduced!

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 06:15 PM
At least it'd be peaceful . . . And yes, that's right. Elf's a bit dyslexic at times. :)

Not if they still have their powers.

I can imagine it now Shirou, Takara, and Galen the cat slaying trio!

Ace
August 8th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Damn it, I have to sit down and actually finish watching that series - I never even got to where she was introduced!
But that's when the series gets good!

Cascade
August 8th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Kieran hates Asuka?

I think I just died a little inside.
I know, I'm not really fond of her myself, but she's not outrageously maladjusted compared to most people in Eva. And she got nicer in Rebuild, I thought.

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Not as the demon she accidentally awoke? That pretty much describes how she summoned him. :D

As I've said, Sailor Moon I could do (in fact, an author had a ficlet concept I found intriguing . . .). Ranma would be met with a lot less slapstick (it's one of Galen's hell animes - not Eva-level, but definitely not preferred) and a lot more lethal fights. Ronin Warriors I never saw, but Tenchi - I could actually dig the RPG out of the crawlspace and put it to use again!

. . . Just be prepared for it not to be third OAV series compliant. Biggest bloody let down I've had in anime, ever.

It would be even more Hellish for Galen if he replaced Ranma in the 1/2 universe. I could really care less which version of Tenchi Muyo you use(can't remember much of it). As for the Sailor moon, I just had a thought where Shirou and Galen are the magical girls while Takara is Tuxedo Kamen. I only remember Ronin Warriors due to fanfiction so I don' mind.

As for Why I recommended Galen and Shirou as the royal sibs instead of as Ayeka and Ryoko roles... One word-GalenxTakaraxRyokoxShirou. If you are not a fan of Shouta boy on mature woman, then rape canon and make Shirou a teenager like Takara.

Kieran
August 8th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Or I could use Rin as Ryoko - I'm sure her reaction to her "Mom" would be priceless.

And maybe Shirou as Sasami, but Archer as Tsunami?

Cascade
August 8th, 2011, 08:08 PM
It would be even more Hellish for Galen if he replaced Ranma in the 1/2 universe. I could really care less which version of Tenchi Muyo you use(can't remember much of it).
I dunno, a lot of the negative and harem aspects of good old Ranma's life come about because he's rather immature and sharp tongued. He's not used to women, so he insults Akane a lot and at least once in a while pisses off one of the other suitors. Think of how many crazy chase scenes would not have happened had Ranma either a. focused on Akane alone and didn't piss her off, or b. just said he wasn't interested flat out from the beginning. He tends to bring the chaos onto himself. Even when he doesn't and it's Shampoo or Kodachi or some other dumbass initiating havoc, he tends to worsen the situation most of the time. XD

I think Galen would have an easier time of it.

Kieran
August 8th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Kieran's Omake Theatre Presents - Trinity: Half-Baked

He grumbled as he followed along to school. This, quite frankly, sucked. Somewhere out there, he was sure, there was a god laughing at him - maybe more than one. The only possible bloody reason he could think of for him to wind up here, and as Ranma fucking Saotome, no less!

Of course, it wouldn't be so bad if it had been a complete identity writeover - as Ranma, he'd have no clue about anything that was coming. But whoever or whatever had caused this (Kaleidostick, Illyria's demonic energy, the amusement of some malign cosmic entity) had half-assed the job, leaving him with Ranma's overall identity, but none of the training that went with it! Oh, sure, he wasn't exactly a stick with a ribcage any more - more like the median between the two identities - but he was now at Akane's level or lower in terms of fighting skill, and around here, that just didn't cut it.

The worst of it was, a lot of the same problems still followed him. Shampoo was still interested in breeding, because apparently he had more chi potential than any male her great-grandmother had seen in her entire life. He'd barely managed to get the hell out of the Amazon Village as a living virgin - mostly because the rest of the unmarried Amazons had started the world's biggest catfight when Shampoo had inadvertently broadcast that fact. From there, Genma had dragged him back to Japan - not that he really could've stopped him - and presented him to the daughters Tendo. Naturally, none of them were really interested - nor he in them. He had enough trouble right now!

He had to figure out how to deal with Ryoga with nothing but supposedly enough chi to re-nuke Hiroshima - which would be great, if he had the training to use it! As it was, it just amounted to a ridiculously fast healing rate and damage resistance a la Keitaro Urashima - and it was the only thing that kept Genma or Akane from killing him with one punch in their "training sessions." Frankly, he thought he might learn more useful things from Dr. Tofu, but he had no idea where to find him - he still couldn't read Japanese (one of the turnoffs for the Tendo girls). And this was still the opening chapters, without most of the ridiculous martial arts styles, kooky characters, or just plain idiotic plot devices to trip him up! Just having effectively zero self-defence skills was bad enough!

A gun would solve so many problems. Those he could still use - and even if Nerimian martial artists turned out to be bulletproof, he might still be able to use it on himself . . . Damn their illegality in Japan!

The being most recently called Jester sighed. This sucked. Why couldn't the universe dump on somebody else for a change?

As he emerged from the water and stared at his newly-formed breasts, Shirou couldn't shake the feeling that, somehow, this was all that idiot of Ilya's fault.

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Or I could use Rin as Ryoko - I'm sure her reaction to her "Mom" would be priceless.

And maybe Shirou as Sasami, but Archer as Tsunami?

*blinks* I am funding this. Rin as Ryoko, Takara as Tenchi, Shirou as Sasami(question will he be a shouta or teenager), Archer(hopefully not the canon idiot) as Tsunami, Galen as Ayeka.

Let's see we can have Ilya replace Washu(that will be hilarious). Arcuied can replace Mihoshi in some respects. Shiki is still Takara's dad. Kiritsugu is the emporer(sp?) of Jurai. Anymore chars we can have in.

ringlhach
August 8th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I dunno, I think it'd be hilarious to have Zeltrech there in place of Washu... Or Kotomine. Troll powers, activate!

And maybe drop Ilya in in place of Mihoshi's partner whassername. Begins with a K, I think; too tired to look it up right now.

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Kotomine or Zeltrech can replace Seto...Actally have Kotomine be the guy holding Washu prisoner and had manipulated Ryoko(can't remember the name).

Kieran
August 8th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Kabuto, I think - it's been a long time.

. . . I've occasionally considered a Trinity/Castlevania mix - either one of the ones with multiple protagonists, like Castlevania III (a guide/partner for each) - or each of them in a different era, altering the timeline as they go (the latter option has occasionally occurred to me with Star Wars, as well). Of course, I could always use Judgement . . .

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Shirou as alen's father, with Takara the mother in the Star Wars one.

ringlhach
August 8th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Trinity/Onimusha. I'm not sure what brought that on, honestly. I think it might have to do with you mentioning video games...

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Trinity/Full Metal Panic

ItsaRandomUsername
August 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM
For epicness and LULZ:
Trinity/Gurren Lagann

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Trinity/super robot taisen.

Kieran
August 8th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Shirou as alen's father, with Takara the mother in the Star Wars one.

Who's? :confused:

Trinity/Onimusha. I'm not sure what brought that on, honestly. I think it might have to do with you mentioning video games...

Now that I could see - though I had Shirou in line to replace Dante, frankly . . .

ringlhach
August 8th, 2011, 09:46 PM
That might work better as a standalone cross and not a Trinity one, tbh. Just never name the heroine or get too specific on the adjectives for her, and you could troll the hell out of the audience.

Also, dammit, Kieran, now you've given me a plot-bunny.

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Who's? :confused:

Shirou is Galen's(luke's) father, while Takara is the mother. Also damn you faulty keyboarding.

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 09:54 PM
For epicness and LULZ:
Trinity/Gurren Lagann

^ This.

Elf
August 8th, 2011, 09:55 PM
. . . I've occasionally considered a Trinity/Castlevania mix - either one of the ones with multiple protagonists, like Castlevania III (a guide/partner for each) - or each of them in a different era, altering the timeline as they go (the latter option has occasionally occurred to me with Star Wars, as well). Of course, I could always use Judgement . . .

Do not use Judgement, that was the biggest piece of crap like EVER. Judgement is a bad idea. Had the potential to be epic, but turned out to be epic FAIL then some. :(

Mmmm, what about Trinity/Fullmetal Alchemist?

Shirou as a Full Metal. Possibly Archer as a soldier in the military with Rin as his second in command/Hawkeye role. (Plus I ship Riza/Roy something fierce.)

Jester having Scar like abilities and Takara as someone like Izumi?

Bloble
August 8th, 2011, 09:56 PM
For epicness and LULZ:
Trinity/Gurren Lagann

There is not enough awesome in the world.

Simply put, it won't work because you cannot make TTGL more awesome than it already is, so any fanfic of it that changes the main storyline is inevitably doomed to failure.

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 09:58 PM
^ I see your right, damn it!

Kieran
August 8th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Also, dammit, Kieran, now you've given me a plot-bunny.

This thread exists to share my pain . . . I'm drowning in the little bastards!

Shirou is Galen's(luke's) father, while Takara is the mother. Also damn you faulty keyboarding.

*twitch* How about one of them in the Knights of the Old Republic, one in the movie era, and the Legacy era for the last?

Do not use Judgement, that was the biggest piece of crap like EVER. Judgement is a bad idea. Had the potential to be epic, but turned out to be epic FAIL then some. :(

So I've seen - but as a general way to get them into different eras (or together again), it might work.

Mmmm, what about Trinity/Fullmetal Alchemist?

Shirou as a Full Metal. Possibly Archer as a soldier in the military with Rin as his second in command/Hawkeye role. (Plus I ship Riza/Roy something fierce.)

Jester having Scar like abilities and Takara as someone like Izumi?

I'd have to re-research.

Techlet
August 8th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Trinity/Full Metal Panic

Interesting.

Here's another idea:

Trinity/The PMS of Haruhi Suzumiya

lethum
August 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM
So no Trinity/Lord of the Rings? But they can do their best and keep plenty of powers without breaking the setting! Sticking out brings the eye down on you, after all.

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Interesting.

Here's another idea:

Trinity/The PMS of Haruhi Suzumiya *is currently roflmao please leave a message after the beep, BEEP*

Altima of the Gates
August 8th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Just to give Jester a bit of a break and some laughs:

Trinity/ Those Who Hunt Elves.

Jester will be Mike...yes, he will be a possessed tank!
Shirou would be in Junpei's role.
And I can't decide how to juggle Airi, Celcia and Ritsuko with Rin and Takara.

I'd say Rin should done Ritsuko's role and Takara would be either Airi/Celcia.

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Trinity/Puella Magi

mangafreak7793
August 8th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Just to give Jester a bit of a break and some laughs:

Trinity/ Those Who Hunt Elves.

Jester will be Mike...yes, he will be a possessed tank!
Shirou would be in Junpei's role.
And I can't decide how to juggle Airi, Celcia and Ritsuko with Rin and Takara.

I'd say Rin should done Ritsuko's role and Takara would be either Airi/Celcia.

Why do I either imagine Galen killing people with his Tank powers or just kill himself my kinking himself into a river/lake/large body of water.

burningclaw2
August 8th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Because Galen has been admitted to being suicidal?

NanayaMode
August 9th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Just to be evil:

Trinity/The World God Only Knows with Jester replacing Keima and Takara replacing Elsie.

Bloble
August 9th, 2011, 01:22 AM
>replacing Keima with Jester
>replacing Keima
>replacing
>Keima

No one can be superior to the original Keima!

And does Takara like firetrucks?
Didn't think so.

mangafreak7793
August 9th, 2011, 01:30 AM
^ No, she's the Tsun

Does that Make Shirou a girl due to lack of a male cast?

NanayaMode
August 9th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Shirou can replace Haqua's partner.

Bloble
August 9th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Wait a sec, don't Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime already exist in TWGOK?

That means Keima's already played the VNs and knows more than Galen about the characters. He'd recognize Shirou on sight!

Ergast
August 9th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Okay, another twist to the series

How about the other half of the Scarlet Seven ends in the fifth or the sixth HGW?

Imagine Hermione, Nev, Ginny and Luna in the FSN setting, or through the six war that Kieran wrote.

Kieran
August 9th, 2011, 07:23 AM
In the latter case, they'd be horribly confused, at the very least. Not to mention hurt, and not just physically. Neville seeing his hero as a complete psychotic? And Hermione . . . Her best friends would see her, and maybe recognise her, but they wouldn't know her. Seeing a stranger reflected in their eyes when they looked at her - yeah, that would hurt.

Techlet
August 9th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I'm liking the sound of The Seven Minus Three in the 5th War.

Or the 4th. Heh.

Kieran
August 9th, 2011, 08:20 AM
The Fifth would be bad enough - in the Fourth, Kiritsugu and Iris would be the only people they'd recognise. And depending on how or if their magic still worked . . . *shudder* It would just be bad, all around.

. . . Besides, in the Fifth or Sixth Wars, they'd have the worry of "but what if I change history so that my friends no longer exist?" :D

Ace
August 9th, 2011, 07:34 PM
The Fifth would be bad enough - in the Fourth, Kiritsugu and Iris would be the only people they'd recognise. And depending on how or if their magic still worked . . . *shudder* It would just be bad, all around.

. . . Besides, in the Fifth or Sixth Wars, they'd have the worry of "but what if I change history so that my friends no longer exist?" :D

Oh, that actually sounds really awesome. I think it would be better if it was during the Sixth War because then all of the Trinity would be there.

Kieran
August 11th, 2011, 08:10 AM
All right, serious consideration time. At present, I am in theory working on four fics: the Trinity series, the Kingdom Hearts alternative Another Side, Another Story, the Zero no Tsukaima cross Unfamiliar, and the Dresden Files fusion The Wizard's Apprentice.

In practice, however, ASAS has stalled out to the point of needing a complete rewrite, with Unfamiliar a close second, partly because I just don't feel I have the sense of the characters that I need to do them properly. And part of this is also rooted in the fact that both fics are, by pacing and nature, going to be large-scale epics - and I've already got one of those in Trinity. Until it's finished (which reason tells me will be a while), I'm not looking to do more. I've tried that before, and everything suffered for it. But by my nature, I have ideas that I need to get out, and occasionally my brain needs a break from Harry Potter. Not that it will let me break for long, but I need a change of pace every once in a while. There's also the fact that I get impulses I need to work out - that's where those two stories came from, really. So other projects are good to have - but not too many, or I start feeling guilty over not working on them.

Now, I have a couple of options, here. I can put ASAS on hold until Trinity is finished, and try to rewrite it wholesale, or I can put it up for adoption - I know it has fans, and I think by now most of you have a fairly good idea of the three's personalities. Some of you probably know KH better than I do, too, having played past KHII - you might have a better idea of where to go with things. I can give what I had of a plot and let you go at it. Unfamiliar I may let crash entirely - I simply have too little time to do the research I need to do in order to do it right, at the moment. Wizard's Apprentice I've dumped once before, and I'd prefer not to do it again, since I've fixed the primary problem - it's just a little slow as I work out the finishing details.

And because my imagination never sleeps, I have a new problem . . .

Those of you who follow "After the Fall" will know this already, but I've been infected by a Trinity/BioShock fusion idea that is proving insidiously attractive. It would be a straightforward type of story, and comparatively not long - and involve plenty of killing things, which would be a nice stress relief for me, much like the video game (if things get boring, throw in something I can shoot/impale/blow up :D). And to be honest, it would probably be a bit more Type-Moon than Trinity in its crossover elements. But either way, it's tempting . . . And if I get enough support for it, it may become my new stress relief project. Just wanted to see what you all think/suggest.

Techlet
August 11th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Shirou vs a Big Daddy?

I can get behind that.

Kieran
August 11th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Check "After the Fall" to see what I've got in mind - I believe you want Pages 18 - 19, under "Shocked/Shocking Possibilities."

NanayaMode
August 11th, 2011, 11:27 AM
BioShock? Never played it, likely never will. Can't give any input on a crossover with that.

burningclaw2
August 11th, 2011, 12:02 PM
^this

SeiKeo
August 11th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I'd read a Bioshock crossover religiously.

NanayaMode
August 29th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Something I've thought of recently: In worlds that Shirou's reality marble doesn't function, are the swords he sees still added to it and available for use when he regains UBW?

Kieran
August 29th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Depends on how much of his magical ability he keeps, I suppose. In worlds with no magic whatsoever, no - but a place like the Trinityverse . . . Well, you've (hopefully) already seen that he can "read" the sword he forged to some degree, at least.

NanayaMode
August 29th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Well, you've (hopefully) already seen that he can "read" the sword he forged to some degree, at least.
His detailed analysis of the sword before it had even been used is part of what made me think of it.

Kieran
August 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Not too much detail, of course - I'm still figuring out what all it can do. But yes, he does retain some inherent ability, even if it can't be manifested in quite the same way.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 29th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Trinity x Gunslinger Girls.

That is all. Make of it what you will.
Robo-Illya.

mangafreak7793
August 29th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I wonder how the Joker will survive in the Gurren Lagann verse seeing he needs manly spirit to survive.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 29th, 2011, 06:29 PM
He'd get punched. Repeatedly.

mangafreak7793
August 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM
^ BY Shirou who's Bar substitutes for manly?

Or by Takara who's is basically a man in spirit.

Oooh boy now that I think of it that might annoy her if the people around says she has the strongest manly spirit among her friends.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 29th, 2011, 06:32 PM
By Kamina. Of course.

mangafreak7793
August 29th, 2011, 06:32 PM
^ This I want.

Techlet
August 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Trinity x Gunslinger Girls.

That is all. Make of it what you will.
Robo-Illya.

;_;

Ilya + Conditioning + Cyborg life expectancy = ;__;

Kieran
August 29th, 2011, 10:28 PM
;_;

Ilya + Conditioning + Cyborg life expectancy = ;__;

And yet, I could see it . . . Gurren Lagann I don't know - I dropped out of anime over the last 3 years or so, but Gunslinger Girl, I used to collect the manga before ADV crashed. I could actually see Archer/Ilya as a Fratello pair. Harder with Jester/Takara, though - but it might be fun, just the same . . . Certainly an inverse on the "Jester as Big Daddy" idea in the BioShock fusion.

mangafreak7793
August 29th, 2011, 10:31 PM
How about them being in the Valkrie Chronicles verse?

Kieran
August 29th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Don't know it, either - sorry.

mangafreak7793
August 29th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Chrome Shelled Regios? naaah.

How about To aru majutsu no index?

Kieran
August 30th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Neither of them. I think the last new anime I saw was probably either Claymore or the second season of Rosario + Vampire, if that helps.

burningclaw2
August 30th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Galen replaces Gin, Shirou replaces Tsukune, Ilya replaces Yukari, and Takara replaces Moka.

Kieran
August 30th, 2011, 01:47 PM
That would be different . . . Sure we shouldn't swap the boys, though? Or place Takara as Mizore?

NanayaMode
August 30th, 2011, 02:00 PM
That would be different . . . Sure we shouldn't swap the boys, though? Or place Takara as Mizore?
I like this one.

burningclaw2
August 30th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Alright. ilya will still be Yukari's replacement. Shirou will replace Kurumu(I am not sure if I got the name right) as an Incubus. I still feel Galen should be a werewolf. I thought of Takara being a vampire because of Nanaya blood. One social side, one homocidal side.

Alt. Shirou a male vampire.

NanayaMode
August 30th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Vampires are usually more focused on pure power and bare-handed fighting than the speed and blades Takara is more often associated with. Yuki-onnas (like Mizure) can create blades out of ice.

Kieran
August 30th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Mizore herself is also a mix of tomboy (in her dress and general style) and traditional Japanese femininity, like Takara. The ice blades and ability to conceal herself, ninja style, were also a consideration. Though you're right, vampire would also suit her (and be mildly ironic, given her usual inclinations).

Maybe do Ilya as the vampire? Under the seal, she's her chibi form, but grown up once it's broken?

ringlhach
August 30th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I dunno; having her as the younger sister vamp (Kokoa?) obsessed with her older sibling might be hilarious, especially after this. Remember, Kokoa's taken aging pills, so we know that they exist...

Bloble
August 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM
It's a shame we don't have a canon character that qualifies as a super powerful but slightly ditzy vampire princess...

Ilya would be the closest though, and added to the awesome factor would be her turning into a hot adult form whenever the rosary gets taken off.

Kieran
August 30th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I dunno; having her as the younger sister vamp (Kokoa?) obsessed with her older sibling might be hilarious, especially after this. Remember, Kokoa's taken aging pills, so we know that they exist...

Which "her" as which, now?

It's a shame we don't have a canon character that qualifies as a super powerful but slightly ditzy vampire princess...

Ilya would be the closest though, and added to the awesome factor would be her turning into a hot adult form whenever the rosary gets taken off.

Well, if none of them match up as Moka's replacement, it could always be Arcueid. I just thought that one was a little too easy. :)

ringlhach
August 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Which "her" as which, now?Yes. I was thinking Ilya, but I'll just say "yes" for now.

Kieran
August 30th, 2011, 07:49 PM
. . . I am now officially, thoroughly confused.

Bloble
August 30th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I don't usually go for replacing canon characters though. Can't we have it happen as a sort of 'New Generation' type thing? Having it happen after the canon series? Some of the characters can be the children of the canon characters, such as Moka's daughter, and Mizore's daughter, or even sons...

ringlhach
August 30th, 2011, 07:52 PM
. . . I am now officially, thoroughly confused.Mission accomplished. :P

Slightly more seriously and completely ignoring Bloble's post 'cause I can, I was thinking casting Ilya as Kokoa (if that's her name). The character's absolutely obsessed with Moka, her older sister- more specifically, "Inner Moka," and with "changing her back."

@Bloble (see? I said I wasn't ignoring you!): Next gen fic of an ongoing series? Don't think that'd work out too well...

burningclaw2
August 30th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Shirou a sword spirit, Galen a hellhound, and Takara as kitsune? ilya can be a frost sprite.

reborn214
August 30th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as a sword spirit. Maybe Shirou could be part fae licking him to Author and avalon

Kieran
August 30th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Slightly more seriously and completely ignoring Bloble's post 'cause I can, I was thinking casting Ilya as Kokoa (if that's her name). The character's absolutely obsessed with Moka, her older sister- more specifically, "Inner Moka," and with "changing her back."

And she has a shapechanging sidekick, if I follow the anime. Jester becomes her bat?

@Bloble (see? I said I wasn't ignoring you!): Next gen fic of an ongoing series? Don't think that'd work out too well...

True - it rarely works out well. If the series was done, it be easier - but I dislike things where I could render myself inaccurate and implausible far too easily.

Shirou a sword spirit, Galen a hellhound, and Takara as kitsune? ilya can be a frost sprite.

Shirou could be a death knight - and maybe make Takara a (damn it, what's the word . . .) zashiki, I think? It's a guardian spirit.

. . . Damn, Shirou as a death knight is suddenly sounding like a neat idea - it fits Archer's tortured origins reasonably well, and I can turn Jester into Kurai. But do I drop him in Krynn or Ravenloft . . .?

burningclaw2
August 30th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I just had the thought of Galen being a Cerberus.

for the sword spirit thing I was thinking of Shirou's origin and element being sword.

mangafreak7793
August 31st, 2011, 04:49 AM
How about Angel beats?

Kieran
August 31st, 2011, 07:19 AM
See previous answer. (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/877-Trinity-Angles-(Discussion-Thread)?p=257570&viewfull=1#post257570)

Altima of the Gates
August 31st, 2011, 08:16 AM
Shirou could be a death knight - and maybe make Takara a (damn it, what's the word . . .) zashiki, I think? It's a guardian spirit.

A zashiki warashi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zashiki-warashi)? Dunno if that would fit her.

burningclaw2
August 31st, 2011, 08:28 AM
If she is trapped in a permanent childhood then she will be murderous, is my most likely to be seen conclusion.

Kieran
August 31st, 2011, 10:00 AM
That is the creature I had in mind, but the tales of them I'd run into had them as a bit more mature and martial. Ah, well.

NanayaMode
August 31st, 2011, 10:35 AM
I think a part-ghoul (http://rosariovampire.wikia.com/wiki/Ghoul) monstrel (http://rosariovampire.wikia.com/wiki/Monstrel) would be good for Galen.

mangafreak7793
August 31st, 2011, 11:24 AM
Sorry I forgot.

How about Fist of the north Star?

burningclaw2
August 31st, 2011, 12:28 PM
From what I heard hell-verse.

Ergast
August 31st, 2011, 02:13 PM
Hokuto no Ken and the Trinity? DO WANT!

burningclaw2
August 31st, 2011, 03:53 PM
I want to see the trinity's reactions to being placed in a giant mech universe.

Kieran
August 31st, 2011, 08:34 PM
Jester grinned maniacally. "I've always wanted to say this . . . Activate interlocks! Dynatherm's connected . . . Infra-cells up . . . Mega-thrusters are GO! LET'S GO, VOLTRON FORCE!"

As near-hysterical laughter erupted from her former Servant, Takara shuddered. "It's scary when the guy who tried to kill me is the normal one."

Shirou nodded, then realised who she meant. "HEY!"

burningclaw2
August 31st, 2011, 09:50 PM
Introduce Shirou to a sword wielding mech, that will set off his inner otaku.

mangafreak7793
August 31st, 2011, 09:57 PM
Introduce Shirou to a sword wielding mech, that will set off his inner otaku.

Which will leave Takara in despair...

Kieran
August 31st, 2011, 10:02 PM
Shirou: I am the bone of my BLAZING SWORD!

*Gilgamesh dies in one hit*

burningclaw2
August 31st, 2011, 10:23 PM
We need more otaku!Shirou

Numina
August 31st, 2011, 10:32 PM
Do IT! for great JUSITICE!

mangafreak7793
August 31st, 2011, 10:37 PM
and VICTORY!

Altima of the Gates
September 1st, 2011, 12:29 AM
We need more otaku!Shirou

Trinity x Genshiken?

mangafreak7793
September 1st, 2011, 12:34 AM
Is tempted to see Takara in cosplay....

burningclaw2
September 1st, 2011, 07:29 AM
*died from laughter please redial and try again later*

Techlet
September 1st, 2011, 07:33 AM
Trinity in G-Gundam.

I imagine Galen'd have a field day.

nununu
September 1st, 2011, 07:33 AM
How about going Tokukatsu? Maybe an Uchuu Keiji setting? Let Shirou be the giddy one for the run. You know stuff like Shaider, Gavan(Sky Ranger here in the Phils.). They can be like the American VR Troopers- which are actually from three different shows, four if you include 'Shaider mode'.

Kieran
September 1st, 2011, 07:56 AM
Some variation on the Power Rangers would be my limit, as far as that goes . . . Well, either that or Kamen Rider Kiva. That one, I know. :)

burningclaw2
September 1st, 2011, 08:01 AM
Kiva-Shirou, IXA-Takara, and ReyKiva-Galen?

nununu
September 1st, 2011, 08:04 AM
Galen only knows Power Rangers; Takara and Shirou, only Super Sentai. Should be fun.

Or... they thrown into the Kamen Rider RX setting and...

Galen watched the Americanized RX(Masker Rider is the US, the one with aliens and an oversized Furby). Kamen Rider with a car? Blasphemy.

Shirou watched, and is a huge fan of, Kamen Rider Black- to which RX is the sequel.

Takara didn't.

burningclaw2
September 1st, 2011, 08:06 AM
Shirou watched all the Kamen Rider series except the American bastardization. Also going through a fanboy moment.

Takara has no clue what is going on.

Galen only knows of power rangers.

nununu
September 1st, 2011, 08:08 AM
So uh... the Trinity in a Power Ranger X Kamen Rider crossover? :ciel:

burningclaw2
September 1st, 2011, 08:12 AM
The Trinity/Kamen Riders end up going to america and show up out staging the power rangers?

nununu
September 1st, 2011, 08:15 AM
And Kamen Rider Zolda is a lawyer from Texas.

Kieran
September 1st, 2011, 08:49 AM
Kiva-Shirou, IXA-Takara, and ReyKiva-Galen?

With an Archer-lookalike as Saga? :)

Either that, or Shirou and Galen are two of Takara-Kiva's Arms Monsters . . .

burningclaw2
September 1st, 2011, 09:28 AM
We need someone for monster number three. Shirou-Garulu Saber, Galen-Bashaa Magnum, ???-Dogga Hammer

nununu
September 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Everything after Ryuki was ridiculous. Period.

burningclaw2
September 1st, 2011, 10:40 AM
I am not sure which series were after Ryuki

nununu
September 1st, 2011, 10:57 AM
The ridiculousness starts from 555 and goes downhill from there. Like Blade(they get the crap beaten out of them by the monsters of the week), Den-O(multiple personalities, really?), Kiva(goddamn bat) among others. Really, after seeing the cellphone in 555 I lost faith in the franchise. Grill-face from Decade looks cool though.

burningclaw2
September 1st, 2011, 11:01 AM
I personally liked the stories and set ups of Ryuki, Kiva, and Blade.

Alectai
September 1st, 2011, 06:25 PM
While it's true the later series tend to get a bit gimmicky, Double had an Excellent storyline and very likable characters (As well as top-notch fight choreography). OOOs was also fairly good.

Fourze does... Not look very promising, but to be fair, neither did Double, and that one's been one of the best since way back in Agito.

Kieran
September 1st, 2011, 11:08 PM
I'm going to have to sit down and sift through some of these - the only one I really got into was Kiva, and the few episodes related to Kiva in Decade (which, from what I gathered on Wikipedia, had a highly confusing storyline). Aside from that, my only contact with Kamen Rider is the Saban, Americanised version.

nununu
September 1st, 2011, 11:11 PM
I recommend Black and Black RX. One of the franchise's most emblematic villain is from there, Shadowmoon.

But this is my inner-fanboy talking.

YamiheKazeto
September 15th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Getting back to weird fictions nobody had ever wanted to hear about, how about inserting our trinity into the Nanoha universe... as the Wolkenritter?
This can be done by either replacing the entire group (in which case we'll have the trinity and Ilya in their stead, with Rin being somewhere unspecified as a free player), or replacing just 3 out of 4 (I recommend leaving Shamal then, since she's the team medic, and a lethal cook at that, so it's funnier that way) with Rin and Ilya being Liese twins?

That way Jester would once again be torn to pieces mentally, since he'll know the supposed results for their actions, but at the same time would not be able to do anything to stop it. And since Hayate is a memetic molester on top of being a child, we would get some "saint patron of lolicon" jokes.
Though now is the question of whether it would be better to leave them in their bodies, or to put them in the bodies of Wolkenritter (which are, other than one "person", all female).

Ergast
September 15th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Bonus points for putting Takara on Vita's body (IIRC, the token loli of the group) or in the wolf guy's body.

YamiheKazeto
September 15th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Bonus points for putting Takara on Vita's body (IIRC, the token loli of the group) or in the wolf guy's body.
I think that Jester should become Vita (the one molested the most in this group), for squick value, with Takara being Zafira, and Shirou being Signum. Additional bonus points for none of them becoming a character of the same gender.
But yeah, Takara in Vita's body would work too.

Ergast
September 15th, 2011, 06:32 AM
That's why I suggested also Takara being Zafira (I didn't remember the name at the time). Shirou has Signum writed over his face, so it left Vita to Jester.

YamiheKazeto
September 15th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Yeah.
And to top it all of, they'd have a whole another magic system to learn. How splendid, ain't it?

And with Ilya and Rin being Liese twins, I guess the word "catfight" will be appropriate.

nununu
September 15th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Or you could dump them into Nanohaverse as Kyouya, Miyuki and Shinobu. Takara gets to be Kyouya.

YamiheKazeto
September 15th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Or you could dump them into Nanohaverse as Kyouya, Miyuki and Shinobu. Takara gets to be Kyouya.
Meh, it would be boring.
Unless we got a rewrite of Triangle Heart 3, but I think that inserting them into a world based on magical girls, and not ninja assassins, would be more amusing.

Heck, if they were to be inserted into a ninja world, I think that it's better to use Naruto then - with their tactical knowledge, they would wreck it pretty neatly. And Jester as Sasuke would be amusing. But then again, considering that their mere presence would make using stations of the canon pretty much impossible, it would be difficult to write.

Kieran
September 15th, 2011, 07:51 AM
That way Jester would once again be torn to pieces mentally, since he'll know the supposed results for their actions, but at the same time would not be able to do anything to stop it. And since Hayate is a memetic molester on top of being a child, we would get some "saint patron of lolicon" jokes.
Though now is the question of whether it would be better to leave them in their bodies, or to put them in the bodies of Wolkenritter (which are, other than one "person", all female).

I'm only vaguely familiar with that aspect of Nanoha, so no he wouldn't - though all three of them would probably have some issues with attacking and nearly maiming people for their purposes.

. . . And Hayate sounds scary.

Heck, if they were to be inserted into a ninja world, I think that it's better to use Naruto then - with their tactical knowledge, they would wreck it pretty neatly. And Jester as Sasuke would be amusing. But then again, considering that their mere presence would make using stations of the canon pretty much impossible, it would be difficult to write.

Only in the later aspects, with Danzo and such. The early stuff ought to be easy - and since I've stopped reading it for its sheer ridiculousness, I'd probably have to end it somewhere around Volume 50, anyway.

nununu
September 15th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Put 'em in Naruto and have them acting like real ninjas. :ciel:

YamiheKazeto
September 15th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I'm only vaguely familiar with that aspect of Nanoha, so no he wouldn't - though all three of them would probably have some issues with attacking and nearly maiming people for their purposes.
The problem is, while the effects of it on Hayate are kind of unpleasant, and it's an illegal thing to do, attacking and nearly maiming people is the right thing to do in their case.
But still, it's attacking and maiming people. And it means being "bad guys" in a universe with Nanoha in it. Yeah, I think the amusement factor will go up to 11.

. . . And Hayate sounds scary.
I know. Aren't you happy we thought of that? {grins evilly}

Only in the later aspects, with Danzo and such. The early stuff ought to be easy - and since I've stopped reading it for its sheer ridiculousness, I'd probably have to end it somewhere around Volume 50, anyway.
I don't know, my cousin reads it. I only know it went south around the time Akatsuki entered the scenes for real, and that "plot no jutsu" is present in pretty much every new chapter, so getting to read a good rewrite from someone who doesn't abandon his fictions (and does research at that) would be refreshing.

Kieran
September 15th, 2011, 08:42 AM
The problem is, while the effects of it on Hayate are kind of unpleasant, and it's an illegal thing to do, attacking and nearly maiming people is the right thing to do in their case.
But still, it's attacking and maiming people. And it means being "bad guys" in a universe with Nanoha in it. Yeah, I think the amusement factor will go up to 11.

*sigh* I'd have to finish watching the first series, at least. Fortunately, unlike Zero no Tsukaima, I actually have it, so it's possible to do that. :)

I know. Aren't you happy we thought of that? {grins evilly}

. . . It could be funny, watching Jester hide behind Takara for a change.

I don't know, my cousin reads it. I only know it went south around the time Akatsuki entered the scenes for real, and that "plot no jutsu" is present in pretty much every new chapter, so getting to read a good rewrite from someone who doesn't abandon his fictions (and does research at that) would be refreshing.

*wince* I have been known to do that, on occasion - but I try my best.

Put 'em in Naruto and have them acting like real ninjas. :ciel:

. . . Maybe I can manage an omake at some point . . .

Elf
September 15th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Kirean would know this one . . . cross them over with the Sonja Blue universe.

It's open enough that you have a lot to play with and you can have cameos from like Sonja herself, Jen, and so on and so forth.

mangafreak7793
September 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
How about the Bakemonogatari universe?

burningclaw2
September 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Stuff them into Katekyo Hitman Reborn, I would love to Jester's face when he is confronted with a mafia hitman in the form of a baby.

mangafreak7793
September 15th, 2011, 04:19 PM
^ He might kill himself.

burningclaw2
September 15th, 2011, 04:22 PM
If he tried Takara would carve off his balls, killing oneself results in being sent to a Barney verse.

mangafreak7793
September 15th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I love you, You love me.

burningclaw2
September 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM
*blows Genbey's balls off*

No singing that song.

reborn214
September 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Reborn: From now on you three will be part of Tsuna's familio
Galen: Is a little baby talking to me about joining the mafia? AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH I think I finally snapped.
Takera: He's so cute!
Shirou: Does this mean I can become a hero of Justice?

burningclaw2
September 15th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Shirou working for the mafia *roflmao*

YamiheKazeto
September 15th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Shirou working for the mafia *roflmao*
Oh well, nothing new.
After all, Taiga was the daughter of a yakuza boss.

burningclaw2
September 15th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Yes but Shirou was never truly in the yakuza/mafia in the first place

Kieran
September 15th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Kirean would know this one . . . cross them over with the Sonja Blue universe.

It's open enough that you have a lot to play with and you can have cameos from like Sonja herself, Jen, and so on and so forth.

Malfeis could be even more fun . . .

Elf
September 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Malfeis could be even more fun . . .

Crap, I forgot about him, but then again that's what happens when I post when I first wake up. Also, I think it should be before Morgan's death too.

I can see this exchange happening:

"So, boychick, what brings you to my den of iniquity?"

"Call me boychick one more time and you'll be wearing your guts for garters."

"Oooh, he's a pissy one, isn't he, Sonja? I swear, you find the most interesting people."

"Mal, keep it up and I'll hold you down while he makes your intestines into lingerie, get me?"

mangafreak7793
September 15th, 2011, 10:57 PM
*blows Genbey's balls off*

No singing that song.

*Regorws them*

Fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwLLH9EZiqc
How about them going to be in the World war Z verse.

Or WW2.

Kieran
September 16th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I'm not familiar with the books, though I know of what you speak, at least. That said, my "All Flesh Must Be Eaten" RPG book would allow me to create a Deadworld for the Trinity easily enough . . . Hm. *adds to omake list*

Elf
September 20th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Man, sadly I had a good one in mind in my head the other night and now it's gone.

Oh! Wait, it's back again: "Castlevaniya".

Shirou as a Belmont.

Takara as a bad assed mystic and Jester/Galen as the semi-cursed side kick.

Also, I've been playing the crap out of BloodRayne:Betrayal, which is basically throwing Rayne in a Castlevanya game (it even has it's own form of Medusa heads).

Kieran
September 20th, 2011, 09:33 PM
See, now Castlevania I could do (and often have considering doing) - and since recently acquiring BloodRayne 2, I've thought about doing something with her, as well.

. . . But I must admit, my main vampire video game idea (other than Castlevania) is the Legacy of Kain series. Throwing Jester into the Spectral Plane and having Takara roam the Material just has so much appeal . . . :)

Elf
September 20th, 2011, 09:54 PM
See, now Castlevania I could do (and often have considering doing) - and since recently acquiring BloodRayne 2, I've thought about doing something with her, as well.

If you had a Next Gen console, I'd recommend the new Betrayal game. It's a lot of fun, has an awesome soundtrack and it is basically Castlevayna with Rayne.

. . . But I must admit, my main vampire video game idea (other than Castlevania) is the Legacy of Kain series. Throwing Jester into the Spectral Plane and having Takara roam the Material just has so much appeal . . . :)

You know, I've heard mixed things about the Legacy of Kain series . . .

mangafreak7793
September 20th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Let's put them into the KnK timeline or insert either Shiki RYougi or Mana.

nununu
September 20th, 2011, 10:07 PM
How about Bokurano? The Tsukihime and FSN cast get to pilot. The setting only becomes apparent after the Trinity decided accept and live seemingly normal lives.

Kieran
September 20th, 2011, 10:10 PM
If you had a Next Gen console, I'd recommend the new Betrayal game. It's a lot of fun, has an awesome soundtrack and it is basically Castlevayna with Rayne.

I just about did - but my battery-powered controller still works, so the PS2 still has life, for the moment.

The camera and mechanics can be iffy, at times - but the story and dialogue are awesome, gothic Shakespearean. The voice actors are fantastic.

Let's put them into the KnK timeline or insert either Shiki RYougi or Mana.

Have to re-read the novels again - although I suspect Jester would die quickly. And permanently.

SeiKeo
September 20th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Ryougi? I don't think she'd see the need to kill Galen right off the bat?

mangafreak7793
September 20th, 2011, 10:12 PM

This though on the other hand it will make a good epilogue if you want to rap up his legacy.

Ergast
September 21st, 2011, 07:22 AM
The camera and mechanics can be iffy, at times - but the story and dialogue are awesome, gothic Shakespearean. The voice actors are fantastic.

This. Although I only played the Soul Reaver series and Defiance, but some day I'll play the Blood Omen series.

Saint patron of the lolicon. Nuff said

Kieran
September 21st, 2011, 07:53 AM
From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose. Unwilling, tossed upon tides of pain which flowed and ebbed, and left me searingly awake, and more revoltingly - alive.

. . . Jalapeno, did I have a headache.

The air around me was thin, lifeless, and resonated with the distant screams of tortured souls. It appeared that I had finally found my Hell, and it had claimed me for its own. And as my eyes adjusted to the dark, blue gloom, I found in this thought a greater truth than any I had ever imagined - for I recognised the vista before me as being of the Spectral Plane of Nosgoth, and I knew well what horrors dwelled there. Sluagh, Archons, Vampire Wraiths, with the occasional Hylden - to say nothing of the Elder God itself. A legion of soul-devouring entities, all hungry for the morsel that was all which remained of me . . . And in this state, I held no power with which to stop them. I was neither vampire nor sorcerer - and while a spirit, far from an epic or heroic one. A knight, perhaps, but the Grail I had protected did not exist in this world, and if she still existed at all, the ethereal winds which had tossed me here had placed me far beyond her reach in doing so.

. . . And yet, I lived. "Lived," at least, in the sense that I retained a sentience far beyond that of the other lost souls which swirled around me - lambent forms which hummed with ethereal resonance that was almost beautiful, in a morbid sense, but no sign of intelligence or personality. These echoes of life were no more than the creatures that hunted them, mindless entities, bound forever to the Elder's Wheel of Fate, doomed to play out the cycle of death and rebirth which fed the beast. I was not, and I could not fathom why. The sole example of such a shade as I was Ariel, the murdered Guardian of Nosgoth's Balance - and she was sustained, or perhaps a better term was "shackled," to the Pillars she had served in life. So long as Nosgoth remained out of balance, and the Pillars which upheld the land corrupted, she would remain, doomed to watch their fall . . .

Whatever answers I was to find, then, would be at the Pillars. If Ariel was there, she alone might tell me what I was, and why. At the very least, she would know the length of her binding, and thus be able to tell me when in Nosgoth's history I had landed. And if she was not there, still I would learn something of my environs. My course, then, was set - I would seek the Pillars, and what knowledge I could gain from them. Thus resolved, I rose to my feet, and began to take the first steps on my journey - when a deep, malevolent voice informed me that I was not as alone as I had first believed . . .

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING, LITTLE SOUL?"

Ergast
September 21st, 2011, 08:46 AM
Mmm...

The elder god, perharps? Because, while Raziel's voice is deep, usually he doesn't sound malevolent. And as far as I remember, those two, and Ariel, are the only things that can talk in the ethereal realm.

Kieran
September 21st, 2011, 09:01 AM
That is, in fact, one of his lines when Raziel tries to escape in Defiance . . . And Jester's opening lines are drawn from Kain's monologue in Blood Omen 2 (should be in the trailer available in Soul Reaver 2, if you want to check).

Ergast
September 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM
Mmm, I couldn't remembered it, as I played it in spanish about 6 years ago.

I have to give it to Eidos, they chosed a hell of a dubbers in the spanish version. Probably, tied with Metal Gear Solid for PSX, the best dub a game had received here.

Kieran
September 21st, 2011, 09:05 PM
Mmm, I couldn't remembered it, as I played it in spanish about 6 years ago.

I have to give it to Eidos, they chosed a hell of a dubbers in the spanish version. Probably, tied with Metal Gear Solid for PSX, the best dub a game had received here.

Never heard it, but I'll take your word for it. I have to admit, from what I gather the Spanish do vampire stuff very well - a lot of people think the Spanish Dracula is superior to the Lugosi version, and it was shot on the same sets, at the same time. :)

But in any case, yeah - the next scene would have Jester fleeing from the Elder God.

Zer0light
September 21st, 2011, 10:46 PM
hi, my name is zer0light and i'm an animeholic.

"hi zer0"

ok introductions out of the way i was first drawn to this forum because of your fanfic Kieran. i just wanted to show my appreciation by posting my thanks here. oh and also i have some questions. which voice actors would you have play galen's and takara's roles in an anime? i like to give characters a voice when i read fan fic but i can't quite get it right with your characters.

edit: yay for my post on the forum!

Kieran
September 21st, 2011, 10:51 PM
Takara's official voice actors are Maaya Sakamoto if you prefer Japanese, or Amanda Winn Lee in English (.hack's Mimiru voice for her normal personality, go Rei Ayanami in her Nanaya mode). Galen . . . I've honestly never thought about it. I generally think "me," and leave it at that, but that really doesn't work for you, does it? :)

My best advice? Ask Elf - she's actually met me, and has a better idea of current anime than I do. She might be able to recommend somebody for the role.

. . . And then tell me.

EDIT: And silly me, I forgot to thank you. Sorry about that - and thank you.

burningclaw2
September 21st, 2011, 10:57 PM
Trinity/Fire Emblem, Trinity/Devil May Cry, Trinity/Yugioh GX, Trinity/Psychic Acadamy, Trinity/Fate Extra

more ideas ^^

Kieran
September 21st, 2011, 11:01 PM
Fire Emblem I've never seen (I know what it is, but I've never played), DMC is always tempting (come on, Archer and Dante? How could it not be? Besides, where do you think part of Jester's overall look came from?). Yu-Gi-Oh I'm too out of touch with, Psychic Academy is just sad, and I've never really looked at Extra.

. . . Honestly, Darksiders and Death Jr. have a certain appeal, now that I think about it. Or Castlevania . . . Or the Legacy of Kain one.

nununu
September 21st, 2011, 11:12 PM
If this was a matter of inserting the Trinity into favorite stories, I'd suggest they'd be put in Final Fantasy Tactics'. Though with their luck, I fear for the shadow-heroes of Ivalice ;_;

burningclaw2
September 21st, 2011, 11:14 PM
Trinity/Final Fantasy?

Zer0light
September 21st, 2011, 11:23 PM
trinity/to aru majutsu no index? trinity/inheritance series? oh how about trinity/percy jackson series?

lethum
September 21st, 2011, 11:33 PM
Trinity/Final Fantasy VI? To win, they just have to kill their way through hordes of monsters, the armies of the Empire, the Monsters of the Empire and stop the madman before he becomes God.

burningclaw2
September 21st, 2011, 11:48 PM
Shirou is the son of Hephaestus(sp?), Takara daughter of Hades, and Galen son of Hera

nununu
September 21st, 2011, 11:51 PM
Trinity/Final Fantasy VI? To win, they just have to kill their way through hordes of monsters, the armies of the Empire, the Monsters of the Empire and stop the madman before he becomes God.

Galen = Gau
Shirou = Cyan
Takara = ...I dunno ...Shadow?

Zer0light
September 22nd, 2011, 12:11 AM
trinity/haruhi?.....maybe as a pure mystery/comedy with a bit of action in between don't even need to replace any characters. they are all sliders.

i still think trinity/toaru has lots of potential

lethum
September 22nd, 2011, 12:44 AM
Galen = Gau
Shirou = Cyan
Takara = ...I dunno ...Shadow?I was honestly thinking more of them showing up and having to find out where the plot is at, while keeping the chars mostly untouched. Initially.

nununu
September 22nd, 2011, 12:44 AM
They wake up inside Kefka's jars?

lethum
September 22nd, 2011, 12:50 AM
At least one of them should. Illya and Shirou work best for Magic Knight/Generals, though.

YamiheKazeto
September 22nd, 2011, 07:21 AM
Legacy of Kain is a good series, but I think you'll screw it if you try to make it into a full-length story, Kieran. Too many opportunities to screw up because of time paradoxes, temporal paradoxes, screwing destiny (or being screwed by it), and the fact that it will be a tad difficult to easily accommodate the whole trinity here (unless you want to only put Galen here, but I got too used to the idea of the trinity being together to accept it right now).

But if you feel good enough to try, then by all means do it, it'll undoubtedly be awesome.

more ideas ^^
I just thought of this...

Trinity/Psyren.
I don't think I can explain Psyren in a way that would outline the story without spoiling way too much of it, but it's a good manga (no anime, hah), and it would not only be able to accommodate the trinity (and you can safely replace some of the characters with them and just see where the story goes), but it also has an added bonus of them being able to actually use their "abilities". As psychicers and not magi/nanaya descendans/jesters, but they would still be able to use them (they can be natural-born psychicers here).
You would have to rebuild part of Psyren's world, though, depending on how many characters (and which; I write this because it's technically possible to switch them all with the main protagonist) you would switch with them, but I reckon you'll manage.

And considering that the story can go for a long time, but it can also be pretty short, I think you'll like writing it. That, it might be a good chance for character development for them. But then again, I think you'll want to have at least finished the last book of Trinity before you even think about this one.

Or, if you want something with a little less depth (though not necessarily none of it), you can try inserting them into the universe of a game called "Last scenario". It later went into the path all RPGs take, but earlier on it asked (and answered) a pretty important question of "what does it mean to be a hero?".

trinity/haruhi?.....maybe as a pure mystery/comedy with a bit of action in between don't even need to replace any characters. they are all sliders.

i still think trinity/toaru has lots of potential
Slider/magi, slider/ninja, and slider/esper, to be exact (since Shirou would be able to remain a magician here, Takara would keep her eyes, and Galen would have his weird power).
Though it would be difficult to do it since the Haruhi novels rely on Kyon's narration for the most part. And Kieran would have to either expand the SOS brigade (well, he could manage, but without him reading the novels weird thing will start happening), replace some of the brigade with them (and go in a different direction - he has skills for that, but it's still difficult), or replace Kyon with them (because he is the driving force beneath the story, and I wish you good luck with writing a Haruhi story without Kyon).

Still, it might be worth trying.

Kieran
September 22nd, 2011, 08:22 AM
trinity/to aru majutsu no index? trinity/inheritance series? oh how about trinity/percy jackson series?

Don't know the first two, the third's a possibility . . .

Shirou is the son of Hephaestus(sp?), Takara daughter of Hades, and Galen son of Hera

Hera doesn't have kids - goddess of marriage and all. Affairs would break her vows. Besides, I would think more of Nemesis (goddess of vengeance), Morpheus (god of dreams), or Apollo (who is effectively the god of bards, and hangs around with the Muses, after all) as his divine parent. And yes, the spelling's correct - nice work, he's tricky. :)

I don't know that one at all - IV, VII, IX, or X(-2) are more likely if I'm going that route.

Slider/magi, slider/ninja, and slider/esper, to be exact (since Shirou would be able to remain a magician here, Takara would keep her eyes, and Galen would have his weird power).
Though it would be difficult to do it since the Haruhi novels rely on Kyon's narration for the most part. And Kieran would have to either expand the SOS brigade (well, he could manage, but without him reading the novels weird thing will start happening), replace some of the brigade with them (and go in a different direction - he has skills for that, but it's still difficult), or replace Kyon with them (because he is the driving force beneath the story, and I wish you good luck with writing a Haruhi story without Kyon).

Still, it might be worth trying.

Maybe . . . I have seen the anime, at least - but I'm not sure Takara could deal with Haruhi sounding like her mom. :D

I just thought of this...

Trinity/Psyren.
I don't think I can explain Psyren in a way that would outline the story without spoiling way too much of it, but it's a good manga (no anime, hah), and it would not only be able to accommodate the trinity (and you can safely replace some of the characters with them and just see where the story goes), but it also has an added bonus of them being able to actually use their "abilities". As psychicers and not magi/nanaya descendans/jesters, but they would still be able to use them (they can be natural-born psychicers here).
You would have to rebuild part of Psyren's world, though, depending on how many characters (and which; I write this because it's technically possible to switch them all with the main protagonist) you would switch with them, but I reckon you'll manage.

And considering that the story can go for a long time, but it can also be pretty short, I think you'll like writing it. That, it might be a good chance for character development for them. But then again, I think you'll want to have at least finished the last book of Trinity before you even think about this one.

Or, if you want something with a little less depth (though not necessarily none of it), you can try inserting them into the universe of a game called "Last scenario". It later went into the path all RPGs take, but earlier on it asked (and answered) a pretty important question of "what does it mean to be a hero?".

I don't know this one at all - Psyren or Last Scenario. I'd have to research . . .

Legacy of Kain is a good series, but I think you'll screw it if you try to make it into a full-length story, Kieran. Too many opportunities to screw up because of time paradoxes, temporal paradoxes, screwing destiny (or being screwed by it), and the fact that it will be a tad difficult to easily accommodate the whole trinity here (unless you want to only put Galen here, but I got too used to the idea of the trinity being together to accept it right now).

But if you feel good enough to try, then by all means do it, it'll undoubtedly be awesome.

Actually, it was originally going to be the sequel to "Legacies of Fate" - that or a Persona cross. I was working on it as a visual novel. More recently, I was thinking of using it as a replacement for "Unfamiliar," since Kurai would seem to be right at home in that setting, and I know it far better than "Zero no Tsukaima" . . .

But any Legacy of Kain crossover I do has the same basic premise, inspired by Raziel's speech to Ariel in Soul Reaver 2: "Would it blunt your wrath to know that Kain's dilemma was calculated to bring the Pillars down, regardless of the choice he made? And that the devastation would have been even greater, had he followed the path you would proscribe for him?"

. . . You see, the entire series follows the premise that Kain chose the "Bad Ending" in the original Blood Omen game - but what if he hadn't?

YamiheKazeto
September 22nd, 2011, 08:45 AM
. . . You see, the entire series follows the premise that Kain chose the "Bad Ending" in the original Blood Omen game - but what if he hadn't?
Then he wouldn't be able to choose any ending in the first place, because the past and the future would've changed, and he, too, wouldn't be able to remain the same.
The only thing unaffected by the flow of time and its connections here is the Soul Reaver, and there still is that little clause that "it can't clash with itself".

Or maybe I simply am interpreting it wrong...

lethum
September 22nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
I don't know that one at all - IV, VII, IX, or X(-2) are more likely if I'm going that route.
I wouldn't say no to those, but a gameshark cheat would let you cut through the grinding (by making you lv99) and let you deal with the plot and the walking around for the plot...

Still, it was just an idea, in any case.

NanayaMode
September 22nd, 2011, 11:23 AM
Soul Eater.

Shirou can turn into anything in UBW. Galen can turn into various guns.

O. Hakubi
September 22nd, 2011, 03:18 PM
Killer7.

Kieran
September 22nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
I'm vaguely familiar with both . . .

And sadly, I have no GameShark - or the game, so while I appreciate the thought, there isn't much point.

Zer0light
September 22nd, 2011, 08:44 PM
Don't know the first two, the third's a possibility . . .

to aru majutsu no index: it's basically a story revolving around magic and science. the main character is your typical guy with really bad luck. he lives in a city with tech 20 or 30 years ahead of the rest of the world. 80 or 90 percent of the population is students because the city is basically made up of schools ranging from kindergarten to university. the scientists in the city uses drugs and hypnosis to give the students there esper powers.

the story line is that the main character meets a nun from the magic side and he gets into a bunch of fights using only his power to nullify the supernatural which resides only in his right arm.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4654/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

the eragon series http://www.alagaesia.com/books.php

heres one of my fav lightnovels i like to recommend it to as many ppl as possible :) http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online

Kieran
September 22nd, 2011, 09:12 PM
Might have to look into those - the trick is finding the time.

. . . Bit of an off-topic question. I'm considering reposting my novel (as it's Hallowe'en-themed, my interest in working on it increases as October 31 approaches). It's still a work-in-progress, and didn't get much attention the first time around - though it wasn't entirely ignored, to be fair. I only did the first couple of chapters on the original board, and I need to rewrite the last couple . . . But if I did, would anyone be interested in reading it?

SeiKeo
September 22nd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I'd read it for sure.

Zer0light
September 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
Might have to look into those - the trick is finding the time.

. . . Bit of an off-topic question. I'm considering reposting my novel (as it's Hallowe'en-themed, my interest in working on it increases as October 31 approaches). It's still a work-in-progress, and didn't get much attention the first time around - though it wasn't entirely ignored, to be fair. I only did the first couple of chapters on the original board, and I need to rewrite the last couple . . . But if I did, would anyone be interested in reading it?

definitely. you have anything planned for Christmas and thanksgiving?

Kieran
September 22nd, 2011, 09:30 PM
OK, that I can start posting tomorrow, when I get home from work - heck, maybe even before I leave. I'll do it a chapter at a time, just so I have a chance to give it a once-over. I'm hoping to publish this one, eventually, so I really do want critiques.

definitely. you have anything planned for Christmas and thanksgiving?

There's the potential for a Christmas variation of the series - also Easter and Valentine's Day . . . Well, you'll see.

burningclaw2
September 22nd, 2011, 09:48 PM
You know what just for laughs, Trinity/Pikmin, Trinity/Mario Party _, and Trinity/megatokyo

Zer0light
September 22nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
i've sent a message to elf about the VA thing but i've been thinking Saito Chiwa (Senjougahara Hitagi form Bakemonogatari) as takara would sound good as well

lethum
September 22nd, 2011, 10:17 PM
I'm vaguely familiar with both . . .

And sadly, I have no GameShark - or the game, so while I appreciate the thought, there isn't much point.By gameshark, I mean ZSNES, and other programs where you can use your perfectly legal video games and cheat without buying the cheating machine (you use the cheating program).

2ndsly
September 23rd, 2011, 01:06 AM
Kieran, given the quality of your work, I'd happily read a themed fic.

I don't know that crossing with the Inheritance Cycle would work out.
Mostly because it doesn't feel right to me. Ill either back up with logic or take back the comment. I just can't sort through my feelings on it at the moment.

A more quirky crossing, Trinity/One Piece.
I freely admit the only reason I like this one is because of how well Shiro's abilities translate, and some of the awsome boss battles I would look forward to.
Mind's Eye (True) = Haki; the (some fancy language) of observation[allows user to know their opponents intent before they act]
Made of Swords = Devil Fruit powers; there would be differences, but only enough to make it interesting
ex: actually pulling the swords out of his body, increased control of blades outside of body(one of the early oponents in the series ate the Chop Chop Fruit, which in addition to making it impossible to kill him by cutting, also allowed him to detach body parts to attack from multiple directions.)

nununu
September 23rd, 2011, 01:17 AM
^He would also have a valid devil fruit-induced inability to swim/float:ciel:

i've sent a message to elf about the VA thing but i've been thinking Saito Chiwa (Senjougahara Hitagi form Bakemonogatari) as takara would sound good as well

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You should have cited her 'more relevant' role: the Foxy Casko <3

2ndsly
September 23rd, 2011, 07:39 AM
^He would also have a valid devil fruit-induced inability to swim/float:ciel: <3

LOL, I suppose he would.
As for the other parts of the Trinity, you could do ANYTHING to them.
Last I checked One Piece has, super powers, undead, cyborgs, magic. The possibilities are limited only by the writer.
Indeed, the biggest problem would be not over powering the Trinity. And even that can be worked around.

2ndsly
September 23rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
Double Post my apologies.

Kieran
September 23rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
And my novel's first chapter is up in the Non-Type-Moon Doujin area! Link is here, (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1078-Trick-or-Treat-(Original-Work-working-title)) or on my fiction tracker page. Please read, and (I hope) enjoy!

2ndsly
September 24th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Definitely enjoyed.
But it seems I don't have the privileges nessisary to post a review on that thread.
I assume I need more than 6 previous posts?

Either way, it was a good read.
more when you can

SeiKeo
September 24th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Huh, there shouldn't be any reason you can't post.

2ndsly
September 24th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Doesnt give me a quick reply at the bottom, nor can I quote respond, or reply to thread. Takes me to a page telling me I'm not allowed to.
*shrugs*

Right now I'm just assuming I don't have enough posts logged to get such privileges.

Kieran
September 24th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Sounds like a tech issue - I'd recommend talking to one of the moderators (Dark Pulse seems to handle most of that end of things). There really shouldn't be that kind of problem for you - the board doesn't have those kinds of restrictions.

YamiheKazeto
September 24th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Maybe it's restricted so that new users who had not yet proven themselves to be capable of creating good stories would not attempt to create entirely new ones (because it's more difficult than writing a fiction based on an existing universe) or post unconstructive criticism (because new users might be prone to that).
I can post in the new topic, so obviously the limit isn't that high, and thus I'm tempted to believe that the above is the reason for this "peculiarity".

Zer0light
September 24th, 2011, 01:50 PM
love the story. it was very interesting and imaginative. and about the VA thing. i got an answer back from elf and she said Vergil Sparda would be a good voice for Galen.

Kieran
September 25th, 2011, 09:46 PM
love the story. it was very interesting and imaginative. and about the VA thing. i got an answer back from elf and she said Vergil Sparda would be a good voice for Galen.

. . . *raises eyebrows* Interesting choice.

In what I laughingly refer to as my spare time, I've been chewing over possible rewrites to the Kingdom Hearts version of Trinity, "Another Side, Another Story." I've got an idea of sorts, but I need to work on it a bit more to get it to a writing-capable status. Just thought I'd let fans of the tale know it wasn't totally forgotten.

2ndsly
September 25th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Cool, I assume we might start seeing after Trinity is done?

Kratosirving
September 25th, 2011, 09:49 PM
For Galen's VA, I'd have to wonder what age he would be. I keep imagining him to have a rough and gruff voice if he's over 25, and a slightly lighter tone if he's in his late teenage years.

nununu
September 25th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Still waiting for Unfamiliar to resume ;_;

Kieran
September 25th, 2011, 10:32 PM
It's locked up with the rest of them right now, sorry.

Zer0light
September 26th, 2011, 12:53 AM
For Galen's VA, I'd have to wonder what age he would be. I keep imagining him to have a rough and gruff voice if he's over 25, and a slightly lighter tone if he's in his late teenage years.

i've been using Kain Highwind from dissidia for a while. it sounded about right but not quit. Vergil sounds closer though.

age wise, i imagine hes sounds very different at 11 and closer to the original at the present date. but i always imagined he sounded like how he did at 30 when he does his internal monologues.