PDA

View Full Version : Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code PC Release Date Set

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

GabrieliosP
December 30th, 2011, 07:09 PM

[Sign: My reaction to White Len's Arcade Mode last stage:

Me: Oh crap, Dust of... WTF, Neko-Arc?

Also, does anyone know why Mech-Hisui from Mech & Neco tag team has a different voice than normal Mech-Hisui? M-Hisui from Mech & Neco sounds... less robotic.]

HitokiriNanaya
December 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
How do I set keyboard?

GabrieliosP
December 30th, 2011, 07:20 PM
How do I set keyboard?

[Sign: Melty Blood was never keyboard friendly, so get a controller or wait for some hacker to create a program that enables keyboard configuration (I'm sure they already created such program to Act Cadenza).]

HitokiriNanaya
December 30th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Nvm found out how

Ruca_Milda
December 30th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm p sure Tohno's is blockable, and IIRC Nanaya's was too in MBAC.

EDIT: oh my god mega sniped. wtf is happening with BL today, my refreshes never show up new posts D:

HitokiriNanaya
December 30th, 2011, 07:40 PM
still can get netplay to work =/

I3uster
December 30th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Get onto #notes, I can tell you how I got it working.

And I can play nearly lag-free against Spinach and Froggie.

Crown
December 30th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Holy fuck H-Miyako is a lot of fun.

Rowanism
December 30th, 2011, 08:02 PM
#notes where?

bahamut zero
December 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM
which Irc server? synirc?

Hong Kong Walmart
December 30th, 2011, 08:05 PM
irchighway

Ziodyne
December 30th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Playing against I3uster is a lot of fun.

HitokiriNanaya
December 30th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Just noticed that V-Sion goes "nyen" when you hit her.

it's cute~

HitokiriNanaya
December 30th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Why are some stages only available in training and not versus?

Ruca_Milda
December 31st, 2011, 08:54 AM
Classic Home.Invade, Witch on the Holy Night, Classic, , Great Cats Village, NECO no you may, Loser Cats Company, Coating Earth Black Land Texture, Emerald Table Melty Blood Texture, Fateful Showdown, Magical Kohaku Prison, No Control Red, NECO Burst Camp and Sayonara Dear Friend are only available in Training, apparently.

God I love the screenshot feature so much, it makes listing things so much easier.

EDIT: CATS BECAUSE 2000TH POST

Spinach
December 31st, 2011, 08:57 AM
I missed a chance to play with Froggie?

Maximum sad.

I3uster! When you see this play me!

Ruca_Milda
December 31st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Does anyone have any tips about playing with some of the slower F's, like Kohaku and S.Akiha? I'm horrible at those ;_;

Guess I should check Melty Bread...

pureauthor
December 31st, 2011, 01:02 PM
Ahahahaha.

If you beat Archetype Earth via timeout she reverts back to standard Arcueid and asks what she was just doing.

Spinach
December 31st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Ahahahaha.

If you beat Archetype Earth via timeout she reverts back to standard Arcueid and asks what she was just doing.

okay that's pretty hilarious

Cruor
December 31st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Ahahahaha.

She qq'd.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 01:09 PM
Ahahahaha.

AE and Arc having different consciousnesses confirmed for canon.

AE being timed transformation confirmed for canon.

Dartz speculation level = Achieved.

New
December 31st, 2011, 01:55 PM
So,anyone can help a newbie get netplay too?
And AE's storyline. At the end she fights Arc after she beats Powered Ciel. As in 2 persona fighting in the new white flowers stage.

Dartz
December 31st, 2011, 02:09 PM
AE and Arc having different consciousnesses confirmed for canon.

AE being timed transformation confirmed for canon.

Dartz speculation level = Achieved.

I don't really speculate unless I say so. I just follow the facts, which is why I cite the sources every time I mention something.

GabrieliosP
December 31st, 2011, 03:47 PM

[Sign: I oficially hate DoO with all my soul. And Ciel looks badass in the picture at the end of her Arcade Mode.]

Neir
December 31st, 2011, 04:04 PM
DoO is ridiculously easy with PCiel's lightning.

GabrieliosP
December 31st, 2011, 04:51 PM
DoO is ridiculously easy with PCiel's lightning.

[Sign: Oh, c'mon it can't be that e... HOLY CRAP, IT IS!

Also, whenever I face off DoO, I normally use Aoko or Ciel. I just keep hitting it and whenever the Magic Circuit gauge fills ip 100% I start spamming Ciel's EX-Black Key Throw and Aoko's Arc Drive.]

New
December 31st, 2011, 06:00 PM
DoA its easy with any char that can air combo.
Well, I beat her without P Ciel's Lightning magic. You just need to block now and then and dodge her AD

Spinach
January 1st, 2012, 09:50 AM
All of V. Akiha's moons are so fun to play

I can never decide which one to use

gemini-saga
January 1st, 2012, 11:00 AM
I suck at this game...

oh well... Need moar blue gunner training.

gangrelion
January 1st, 2012, 11:24 AM
Is there any unlockable in this game? I heard that you can get eclipse style for every character now, is that true? Will you still unlock boss rush mode if you clear arcade mode with everyone?

Ruca_Milda
January 1st, 2012, 01:18 PM
Arcade with F-Mech Hisui is so easy. SPAM C TO WIN, IF THEY TRY TO RUN SHOOT THEM DOWN WITH 236A

It'd never work in a real match but the AI is dumb enough to fall for it lol

I heard that you can get eclipse style for every character now, is that true?

If this is true, then FUCK BETTER START COMPLETING ARCADE MODE WITH EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING, I want my Eclipse-Len.

I3uster
January 1st, 2012, 01:26 PM
That sounds like bullshit to me.

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM
inb4 Ruca beats everything but still no Eclipse Len. Isn't it sad?

Ruca_Milda
January 1st, 2012, 01:41 PM
inb4 Ruca beats everything but still no Eclipse Len. Isn't it sad?

Answer #1: It'd be useless anyway since I'd probably get owned while using Miyako >_>;

Answer #2: At least I can take out my frustrations on you...http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab66/Ruca_Mildew/chloe5.png

terraablaze
January 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
That sounds like bullshit to me.

I thought I saw an eclipse mode for everyone on the website a long time ago, did I just imagine that?

I3uster
January 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM
I thought I saw an eclipse mode for everyone on the website a long time ago, did I just imagine that?
Probably.

I mean, why would they lock away something like that, and why use and arbitrarily high requirement that's hard to prove on day 1 to unlock all of them at once instead of doing it seperately like it would make sense?

gangrelion
January 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM
I don't even know if it's true or what the requirements are, but I've seen this video with Riesbyfe in eclipse mode, but it's the arcade version: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15907301

Mcjon01
January 1st, 2012, 04:18 PM
You get to play Eclipse Style Riesbyfe at the end of her new scenario (which looks broken to hell, btw), but other than that I think it's just a baseless rumor.

terraablaze
January 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
@13uster
It seems I confused it with some other moon style. Too many moons I say.

I3uster
January 1st, 2012, 04:38 PM
Stop always writing me with a 1 dammit. It's an I.

New
January 1st, 2012, 04:41 PM
I put all difficulty on easiest, damage on highest, and only 1 win.
Then finished the game with all chars (not all moon styles). It didn't unlock anything.
But if you do 4-5 Perfect Win before stage 8, at the end of stage 7 you will fight AE in eclipse mode. And Ries, at the end of her scenario has the moon you chosen, not eclipse.

Mcjon01
January 1st, 2012, 05:28 PM
And Ries, at the end of her scenario has the moon you chosen, not eclipse.

No. 100% absolutely, totally, completely wrong. You go into the battle with the style you chose, but in the course of the pre-battle conversation Neco Arc switches your style to Eclipse then fights you.

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 05:32 PM
Stop always writing me with a 1 dammit. It's an I.
You forgot |3uster and Buster.

terraablaze
January 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
I is just the Roman numeral for 1. Ergo I am correct. Fear my 133t typing.

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM
So you're IEET? XD

Spinach
January 1st, 2012, 05:42 PM
He has you there, I3uster.

Rowanism
January 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU6AuzxUF10

Ruca_Milda
January 1st, 2012, 09:33 PM
Is it bad my first thought when she used Buster Beam was not about the pun with I3uster but yes the fact it looked like V.Akiha's arc drive.

I3uster
January 1st, 2012, 09:36 PM
It looks more like Aokos Arc drive. Recolored.

Rowanism
January 1st, 2012, 09:46 PM
How dare you guys mock my Nono.

>:(

Ruca_Milda
January 1st, 2012, 10:02 PM
Uguu ;_;

pureauthor
January 1st, 2012, 10:15 PM
... Planets do not work that way.

Edit:

Ending of Powerd Ciel's Arcade Mode.

How cute.

What an easy way to save on money that would go towards paying for a voice actor for Nanako.

HappyCube
January 1st, 2012, 11:39 PM
I can get to "Here comes a new challenger!" before it just freezes. Any advice?

Ruca_Milda
January 1st, 2012, 11:44 PM
Netplaying? If you're using Matching Mode, just give up lol. The netplay kinda sucks.

But I heard there was an english patch for the netplay errors or something.

HappyCube
January 1st, 2012, 11:50 PM
Oh, okay. Read all the "The netplay is great!"-ers earlier in the thread, but guess I thought it was something else.

Direct connect it is

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 01:18 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/fabrxy.png

... Uh. Hm.

Crown
January 2nd, 2012, 01:54 AM
Man, Kohaku & Mecha Ending image is fucking awesome. Too bad the dialog blocks it ;_;

Spinach
January 2nd, 2012, 02:51 AM
Diebuster

ROWAAAAAAAN why are you so awesome

Rowanism
January 2nd, 2012, 06:50 AM
Hey. I watched Evangelion when I was 11. I'm a Gainaxfag since ever.

sushimonster
January 2nd, 2012, 07:57 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/fabrxy.png

... Uh. Hm.

I (well, not me, but I've been asked to find out on behalf) am most interested in knowing how you get to play matches with the UNLIMITED magic circuit levels. Apparently Actress Again for PC doesn't let you do so. Not initially anyways. What did you do to unlock said feature?

And on the subject of unlocking. So I'm correct in saying that there doesn't seem to be anything 'unlockable' in the PC game? I've seen the PS2 variant having 'unlockable' endings and whatnot. Curious if that's been ported to the PC as well.

Ruca_Milda
January 2nd, 2012, 08:19 AM
Half Moon Nanaya is a cheater, he can use his Blood Heat Arc Drive unlike the others.

e.g his Arc Drive, which should only be one slash, is replaced by his stronger one.

EDIT: Wait nvm.

New
January 2nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
I (well, not me, but I've been asked to find out on behalf) am most interested in knowing how you get to play matches with the UNLIMITED magic circuit levels. Apparently Actress Again for PC doesn't let you do so. Not initially anyways. What did you do to unlock said feature?

And on the subject of unlocking. So I'm correct in saying that there doesn't seem to be anything 'unlockable' in the PC game? I've seen the PS2 variant having 'unlockable' endings and whatnot. Curious if that's been ported to the PC as well.
There is nothing unlockable as far as I can tell.
Playing with unlimited can be done only in training.

Press start and select battle options, change stuff in there.

And I found the netplay, god bless google.

Mcjon01
January 2nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
Somebody figure out how to hack the game and make Eclipse Ries available outside of that one Nyeco-fight. Because I'm addicted to the power now, Archetype and P. Ciel are weak.

New
January 2nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Anyone got to fight someone else on eclipse mode besides AE?

Rowanism
January 2nd, 2012, 02:22 PM
What happened to E-Ryougi teasing your Arcade perfects?

Mcjon01
January 2nd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Anyone got to fight someone else on eclipse mode besides AE?

Did I stutter?

New
January 2nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
You said that you fought "with" Eclipse Ries (though I didn't do that while finishing her story, but, sometimes stories tend to go slightly different... like neko chaos in MBAC) not "against" her.
IIRC, Eclipse Ryougi should have been in Nanaya's route after a few perfects. I got AE.

Mcjon01
January 2nd, 2012, 02:27 PM
Nah, it's cool, I misread what you wrote.

And shouldn't pretty much everyone in boss rush be Eclipse? Does this even have a boss rush?

The scenario where Ries goes Eclipse is an incredibly long and silly tale about the Great Cats Village, btw. Is it really possible that the story you get when you select her is random?

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 05:18 PM

That's just the training mode. I was actually trying to point out how Shiki's Seventeen-Piece Dissection move inflicts seventeen hits again. Because, well. Math.

I3uster
January 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
The first hit is the stab in the line. The first slash is the second hit.

New
January 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Ryougi got her Last Arc fixed :( No more instant kill for enemies in blood heat or heat.

Mcjon01
January 2nd, 2012, 06:47 PM
That's just the training mode. I was actually trying to point out how Shiki's Seventeen-Piece Dissection move inflicts seventeen hits again. Because, well. Math.

Story says Arcueid had seventeen lines in total, lists the seventeen cuts that Tohno made, and that Arcueid then fell apart into seventeen pieces. If you don't like the math, blame Nasu not French-Bread. :3

Lancelot
January 2nd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Maybe it is in some place around this thread, but can someone help me with keybindings, i want to have them on my keyboard <>^∀ = a, d, w, s and A B C D = j k l i, can anyone help me?

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
Story says Arcueid had seventeen lines in total, lists the seventeen cuts that Tohno made, and that Arcueid then fell apart into seventeen pieces. If you don't like the math, blame Nasu not French-Bread. :3

But they fixed it in prior versions, didn't they? In the older versions of Actress Again, Seventeen-Piece Dissection was a sixteen-hit move. Now they reverted it to seventeen again. I don't get it.

terraablaze
January 2nd, 2012, 07:21 PM

I need to point this out to Dartz the next time he tries to refute my stance that Nasu can't do math with a simple "you wish".

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Oh, this is kinda interesting, though I don't know if anyone else will think so. I don't know how it was is prior versions of Actress Again, so this might be old news, but in Current Code, Shiki will only declare his intent to kill against certain opponents when using his Another Arc Drive (Seventeen-Piece Dissection). When used against Nanaya, Walachia, Red Arcueid, Nrvnqsr, Neco-Chaos and Neco-Arc, he'll say [殺す] ("korosu" or "I'll kill you") just before he hits. When used against anyone else, he doesn't say anything. In prior versions of the game (vanilla, Re-ACT, etc.) he'd have said that regardless of who he was up against. For some reason, he won't declare his intent to kill when up against Roa or Kishima, though.

Which leads me to believe that when he uses that move normally (against someone he doesn't see as an enemy), he's holding back in such a way so that he won't kill whoever he's using it on. Which is kinda "whut" but eh.

I'm gonna fool around with some of the other characters too and see if there are any other neat little alterations like that.

Ruca_Milda
January 2nd, 2012, 09:07 PM
Neco-Chaos and Neco-Arc,

HOW DARE HE

pureauthor
January 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
Which leads me to believe that when he uses that move normally (against someone he doesn't see as an enemy), he's holding back in such a way so that he won't kill whoever he's using it on. Which is kinda "whut" but eh.

Roa is definitely an anomaly, but Shiki's victory quote against Kouma makes it clear that Shiki never intends to kill Kouma at all.

Arcueid's victory quote against Roa is still the best, though.

HappyCube
January 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Perhaps he sees Roa as SHIKI, and therefore wants to leave the body alive so he can save his brother?

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 09:54 PM
... Man, looking at the game as a whole, Shiki really doesn't stand out much as the protagonist, does he? Ryougi has better Mystic Eyes, Nanaya's fighting style is flashier and Sion's more personally involved in the plot as a whole. And he was only on the cover, like, twice. If it weren't for the fact that the first line in the Actress Again official site specifically notes him as the protagonist, anyone who hasn't played Tsukihime probably wouldn't be able to tell.

I3uster
January 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Sion is the real main character of MB anyway.

Cruor
January 2nd, 2012, 10:01 PM
... Man, looking at the game as a whole, Shiki really doesn't stand out much as the protagonist, does he? Ryougi has better Mystic Eyes, Nanaya's fighting style is flashier and Sion's more personally involved in the plot as a whole. And he was only on the cover, like, twice. If it weren't for the fact that the first line in the Actress Again official site specifically notes him as the protagonist, anyone who hasn't played Tsukihime probably wouldn't be able to tell.

He's the one with the harem. They can tell.

Lianru
January 2nd, 2012, 10:02 PM
He's the one with the harem. They can tell.
The Tohno gland knows no limits except Ryougi.

Mcjon01
January 2nd, 2012, 10:02 PM
Sion is the real main character of MB anyway.

Not according to Dust.

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 10:03 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/xm22ht.png

[Shujinko.] "Protagonist."
It's the first thing you see when you check out his bio. It's like they know he doesn't stand out much so they make sure to throw that out immediately. You know, so everyone knows that this guy is the main character.

Lycodrake
January 2nd, 2012, 10:08 PM
The Tohno gland knows no limits except Ryougi.
Ryougi denies the reality of the Tohno gland, and has Mikiya. X3

Cruor
January 2nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
But yeah, going back to this:

Ryougi has better Mystic Eyes
Technically not. Ryougi became specialized in concepts when Tohno 'drowned himself in death'. Ryougi's body is more suited, yeah. But Tohno seems to have burned his head more to see more things.

Kinoko: It's not quite so much the eyes, but how (R) Shiki perceives things that has a large effect on her powers. First, Mystic Eyes and brains work as a set. For example, Tohno Shiki from "Tsukihime" normally can't cut concepts like Shiki does, but that's because the specs of the Mystic's Eye's user's brain is different. Tohno Shiki isn't suited in the aspect of recognizing "concepts". (Ryougi) Shiki touched " " and became specialized in the visualization of events, while (Tohno) Shiki became submerged in death and became specialized in killing living things. By the way, Asagami Fujino's Mystic Eyes also work the same way. In her case, she can't twist things that she recognizes as not being twistable.

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Is that so? Hm... I don't fully get it though. I mean, it's not like there's anything Tohno-kun can do that Ryougi can't, right? At least, there wasn't anything explicitly shown that seemed to suggest that.

... I'm gonna laugh if it turns out that Tohno-kun would have had an easier time killing Araya Souren if he had fought him instead.

Ah, come to think of it, do we know for sure whether Ryougi can see points or not?

Hong Kong Walmart
January 2nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
She can just make her lines work the same way as points.

Mcjon01
January 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
^^Leaning towards "no", since the only thing that suggests she might is some hard-to-understand stuff about cross-sectional planes.

I was a bit surprised when Tohno was seeing points even before he killed Arcueid, too. For some reason I thought they came later.

Cruor
January 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Is that so? Hm... I don't fully get it though. I mean, it's not like there's anything Tohno-kun can do that Ryougi can't, right? At least, there wasn't anything explicitly shown that seemed to suggest that.

Ryougi feels resistance when cutting lines for one (did we ever actually settle this I just remember lots of arguing). Touko was saying if Araya put her in a steel tomb she wouldn't have been able to get out but because Araya put her in a prison made of Thaumaturgy she could.

... I'm gonna laugh if it turns out that Tohno-kun would have had an easier time killing Araya Souren if he had fought him instead.

Prolly not. Even in Tsukihime it took awhile for Roa to die (something about Roa becoming resistant to death but he would die eventually after being DoD'd. Even Nrvnqsr survived for a few seconds after being dot stabbed). The problem with Araya was his origin in conjunction with his age/turning into a concept.

Ah, come to think of it, do we know for sure whether Ryougi can see points or not?

She can see swirly lines. Literally lines that swirl and that seem to be dots but from what we seen of Tohno's dots (When he stabbed Nrvnqsr he seemed to dotstab Nero's soul) they don't seem to be the same thing. Oh and she can see cross sections.

^wait he could? I remember him saying he could see dots on Arc when he was chasing her but he only concentrated on the lines. And as a kid he could only see lines. Actually, I think I remember this discussion.

pureauthor
January 2nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
VN, which I guess is what we're using, he saw dots for the first time when he hunted Arcueid but he had no idea what those were so he just focused on the lines when killing her.

Manga, he didn't see any dots until Arcueid explained the idea to him and he specifically started looking for them on Nrvnsqr's body.

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM
Ryougi feels resistance when cutting lines for one (did we ever actually settle this I just remember lots of arguing). Touko was saying if Araya put her in a steel tomb she wouldn't have been able to get out but because Araya put her in a prison made of Thaumaturgy she could.

... Well, that's fine and all, but I don't think Tohno-kun would be able to get out of steel tomb either. I mean, if he had his knife, sure, but then, so could Ryougi, probably. Without something thin enough to trace the lines with, he'd be just as helpless, I'd think.

pureauthor
January 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM
Shiki can dotstab the tomb with his finger.

Cruor
January 2nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
... Well, that's fine and all, but I don't think Tohno-kun would be able to get out of steel tomb either. I mean, if he had his knife, sure, but then, so could Ryougi, probably. Without something thin enough to trace the lines with, he'd be just as helpless, I'd think.

He was able to fit his finger into the lines when he first got them. He took the knife because he wanted to see how deep it was.

HappyCube
January 2nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
Wasn't there also something about how Ryougi can't really cut things that she doesn't recognize as alive? Something about a metaphor where she can cut a lamp that's turned on but not one that's turned off.

I3uster
January 2nd, 2012, 10:32 PM
In the Manga (lololol) he killed some Nero beasts with his fingers.

Wasn't there also something about how Ryougi can't really cut things that she doesn't recognize as alive? Something about a metaphor where she can cut a lamp that's turned on but not one that's turned off.

Not limited to Ryougi.

pureauthor
January 2nd, 2012, 10:32 PM
Also in one of the more awesome moments in the manga he murders one of Nvnsqr's dogs by palm-stabbing it in the chest through a line.

Edit: Dammit, I3uster

Rowanism
January 2nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
Also wasn't there a difference between the things Tohno Shiki can kill and the things Nanaya Shiki can kill? Like, being a trained Demon Hunter with your godlike Nanaya body control.

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 10:34 PM

Tohno-kun's like that too, I think. That's why neither of them would be able to kill O.R.T.; neither of them are able to comprehend its existence, so neither can really understand whether it's alive or dead. ... or, at least, that's how I understood it.

Also wasn't there a difference between the things Tohno Shiki can kill and the things Nanaya Shiki can kill? Like, being a trained Demon Hunter with your godlike Nanaya body control.
Since they're the same person, their brains would work the same way, so I'm pretty sure what they can and can't kill won't really be all that different.

I3uster
January 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
That has nothing to do with his eyes though. It's just that Nanaya seemingly can perform every single move Shiki remembers, like the Kyokushi Nanaya.

Cruor
January 2nd, 2012, 10:36 PM
lol

^That's the joke.

Tohno-kun's like that too, I think. That's why neither of them would be able to kill O.R.T.; neither of them are able to comprehend its existence, so neither can really understand whether it's alive or dead. ... or, at least, that's how I understood it.

Since they're the same person, their brains would work the same way, so I'm pretty sure what they can and can't kill won't really be all that different.

No. The entry just said 'Cannot be killed by the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception'. So everybody brought in things from the game/novel and decided that it was probably outside of Gaian concept of death territory.

I3uster
January 2nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
Wait, there never was a concrete "has no concept of death" statement?

I AM LIVING A LIE!

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
No. The entry just said 'Cannot be killed by the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception'. So everybody brought in things from the game/novel and decided that it was probably outside of Gaian concept of death territory.
Hm... I keep hearing that all that "Gaian concept of death" stuff was just made up fan stuff. Alright, in that case, would the Shikis be able to see lines on, say, a perfectly ordinary piece of rock from Venus? Or would the rock fall under the "Venusian" concept of death, prohibiting them from being able to kill it?

Mcjon01
January 2nd, 2012, 10:41 PM
In the Manga (lololol) he killed some Nero beasts with his fingers.

Not limited to Ryougi.

Tohno kind of seems like he's mode-locked in EVERYTHING DIES DIE DIE TO THE DEATH mode, though, and if it's too weird to see lines on then his brain automatically starts frying itself until he can.

Hong Kong Walmart
January 2nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
So, Tohno could be said to not understand that some things just don't die?

terraablaze
January 2nd, 2012, 10:46 PM
Yeah I never got the whole "has no concept of death thing but can be destroyed". How is that any different from Tohno killing a wall Nasu?

celsius
January 2nd, 2012, 10:48 PM
Yeah I never got the whole "has no concept of death thing but can be destroyed". How is that any different from Tohno killing a wall Nasu?
Well, in the case of TYPEs, even if you manage to destroy their bodies, they're not necessarily dead, right? For instance, V.V. Maybe for a TYPE, being "destroyed" and being "killed" are two inherently different things. ... Then again, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between breaking a wall and killing one either.

pureauthor
January 2nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Hm... I keep hearing that all that "Gaian concept of death" stuff was just made up fan stuff. Alright, in that case, would the Shikis be able to see lines on, say, a perfectly ordinary piece of rock from Venus? Or would the rock fall under the "Venusian" concept of death, prohibiting them from being able to kill it?

We must experiment!

Bring Shiki to a museum and see if he can see lines of death on the moon rocks!

TypeWannabe
January 2nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
That wall had a family. How will explain yourself to that wall's fans?

terraablaze
January 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
Well, in the case of TYPEs, even if you manage to destroy their bodies, they're not necessarily dead, right? For instance, V.V. Maybe for a TYPE, being "destroyed" and being "killed" are two inherently different things. ... Then again, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between breaking a wall and killing one either.

Yeah, the only thing I can think of is if you were to put the TYPE back together (or perhaps make an entirely new one) they would start functioning again from where they left off.

Cruor
January 3rd, 2012, 12:32 AM

Isn't that supposed to be the point? The way we understand death is well, they ceasing moving/stop existing. This apparently doesn't apply to Aliens probably because they have their own concepts that operate totally different.

celsius
January 3rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Ahahaha... So when I tried playing Archetype's route again, I ran into Kohaku and Mech-Hisui. Kohaku's all "Are you by any chance KING NECO-ARC!?" and it seems to have pissed Archetype off. ... She doesn't seem to understand why, though.

Mcjon01
January 3rd, 2012, 12:53 AM
I love Riesbyfe's omake scenario with Neco-Arc, now that I sat down to actually play it and not just rush to the end. It doesn't just break the fourth wall, it seventeen dissects it. Everybody is silly, and Powerd Ciel hunts cats not vampires. Neco-Arc actually blathers on about the moon styles, and how weak-sauce they all are compared to getting to play with the style the bosses use.

celsius
January 3rd, 2012, 12:59 AM
Hm... Before Archetype fights Arcueid, she seems to mention something about Shiki. At least, she says something about a "God of Death", and as far as I know, the only one anyone calls "God of Death" in this series is Tohno-kun. Hm... I wish my ability to understand Moonspeak were just a little better... Buu.

pureauthor
January 3rd, 2012, 01:58 AM
Satsujinki is basically the kanji for 'killing/murderous demon'. The reason it's specifically associated with Shiki in these cases is because the last kanji was replaced with the 'ki' of Shiki's name.

celsius
January 3rd, 2012, 02:11 AM
Satsujinki is basically the kanji for 'killing/murderous demon'. The reason it's specifically associated with Shiki in these cases is because the last kanji was replaced with the 'ki' of Shiki's name.

No, that's not what I mean. The term Archetype used was "Shinigami", or "God of Death", which is the term several characters have used when referring to Shiki. I kinda wanna know what she was saying there.

Interestingly, Archetype never refers to Shiki by name, instead calling him "otoko (man)", "satsujinki (homicidal maniac)" or "Shinigami (God of Death)". She also prefers to call Arcueid "Princess". She seems fine with calling Ciel by her name, however.

pureauthor
January 3rd, 2012, 02:18 AM
She also refers to him by 'ayatsu' once, granted he was nowhere in the vicinity at the time.

celsius
January 3rd, 2012, 05:26 AM
"So you're Tohno Shiki.
It's not as if I have any particular grudge towards you, but... ...
As I thought, maybe I should hit him a bit more... ...
But then Sion and Satsuki would get mad at me, so... ..."

"Haa... ... I just can't feel any motivation against boys."

I'm fairly confident in my translation here, but I might have gotten it wrong too... In any case!
... So these are the two possible winquotes that are used after Ries defeats Shiki. Somehow, I get the feeling that the Tohno gland doesn't work on her either.

... Also, she seems to be the only character in the series who likes the Necos. Hm.

New
January 3rd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Nop, Ryougi can do anything, but she's to bored to actually do it.
Ryougi has Void, Tohno has Nanaya. Well, Ryougi wins.
And IIRC Ryougi doesn't kill stuff, she removes their connection with Akasha causing them to die. That's why may people say she has MEoO instead of MEoDP.

Now about the game, did anyone find any more chars with more then 1 route, like Ries?
So far for me:
Aoko - 1 route, always starts fighting with Tohno or Nanaya Shiki
Akiha Vermilion - 1 route, always fights Miyako first
Ryougi - just 1 route
Nanaya - 1 route, starts with Roa
Kohaku + Mech Hisui - 1 route, stats with Neko Chaos
Tohno Shiki - 1 route, starts with Sion

Ruca_Milda
January 3rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
IIRC, Riesbyfe and Neko-Arc are the only characters to have two routes. I think.

GabrieliosP
January 3rd, 2012, 07:41 AM
"So you're Tohno Shiki.
It's not as if I have any particular grudge towards you, but... ...
As I thought, maybe I should hit him a bit more... ...
But then Sion and Satsuki would get mad at me, so... ..."

"Haa... ... I just can't feel any motivation against boys."

I'm fairly confident in my translation here, but I might have gotten it wrong too... In any case!
... So these are the two possible winquotes that are used after Ries defeats Shiki. Somehow, I get the feeling that the Tohno gland doesn't work on her either.

... Also, she seems to be the only character in the series who likes the Necos. Hm.

[Sign: Eh? Roast Beef likes the Necos? Oh boy, Miyako's list of enemies just got bigger...]

terraablaze
January 3rd, 2012, 09:27 AM
And IIRC Ryougi doesn't kill stuff, she removes their connection with Akasha causing them to die. That's why may people say she has MEoO instead of MEoDP.

1) I think you meant many not may
2) I have never heard of this before

Yden
January 3rd, 2012, 09:30 AM
Tohno's eyes are kinda out there power-wise though. He does really strange thing with them like kill poison in Kohaku's body, dot stab the earth to kill Arc's connection to it to see her lines during a full moon, and he even dot stabs himself to kill a soul sharing his body...

Edit: come to think of it, during Ryougi's ending with Archetype, doesn't she say something about how Archetype doesn't have a concept of death? I wonder if that dot stab Tohno did on the earth could force a concept of death onto Archetype?

terraablaze
January 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
The explanation at the end is that her life span is really really long.

Cruor
January 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Nop, Ryougi can do anything, but she's to bored to actually do it.
Ryougi has Void, Tohno has Nanaya. Well, Ryougi wins.

Now about the game, did anyone find any more chars with more then 1 route, like Ries?
So far for me:
Aoko - 1 route, always starts fighting with Tohno or Nanaya Shiki
Akiha Vermilion - 1 route, always fights Miyako first
Ryougi - just 1 route
Nanaya - 1 route, starts with Roa
Kohaku + Mech Hisui - 1 route, stats with Neko Chaos
Tohno Shiki - 1 route, starts with Sion

You're making shit up >_>

Ryougi's MEoDP has got nothing to do with her reality destroying ability. The world destroying ability is Void Ryougi going back to cause and effect and making sure something never happens.

Dartz
January 3rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Interestingly, Archetype never refers to Shiki by name, instead calling him "otoko (man)", "satsujinki (homicidal maniac)" or "Shinigami (God of Death)". She also prefers to call Arcueid "Princess". She seems fine with calling Ciel by her name, however.

In KT she refers to him with おぬし, and she refers to everyone else with 貴様 (including Roa in KT) except Arcueid.

Edit: come to think of it, during Ryougi's ending with Archetype, doesn't she say something about how Archetype doesn't have a concept of death? I wonder if that dot stab Tohno did on the earth could force a concept of death onto Archetype?

I don't see it as having much of an effect, since Archetype is the Earth (literally). She says the surface of the Earth is her skin, the Earth's globe is her body and the planet's atmosphere are her limbs. Though since she is confined to a body, who knows?

nanaya_shinya
January 3rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
After a long time of not playing Melty Blood, I had to train myself all over again.
I still got it, but I'm a little rusty. A shame that my internet connection sucks balls...

*plays Current Code*

Cruor
January 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
In KT she refers to him with おぬし, and she refers to everyone else with 貴様 (including Roa in KT) except Arcueid.

I don't see it as having much of an effect, since Archetype is the Earth (literally). She says the surface of the Earth is her skin, the Earth's globe is her body and the planet's atmosphere are her limbs. Though since she is confined to a body, who knows?

When talking with Roa in KT CM Arc was calling Arc the True Ancestor/Princess too.

Crown
January 3rd, 2012, 12:04 PM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16599152

Yden
January 3rd, 2012, 12:09 PM

Wait wait wait wait wait wait. That stage. Need that stage back now!

Crown
January 3rd, 2012, 12:19 PM
Audio and most of the graphics have already been ripped. That track playing in Archetype's stage, is pretty neat.

Kurai D
January 3rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Including all the new dialogue portrait CGs, character selection, endgame pic, win poses, and so on? I've seen shots here and there, but nothing all put together in one place like AzureWandering has done in that PB album for the original MBAA. Can something like that be set up again?

Crown
January 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Graphics are missing only the dialogue portraits ;_;
Too bad, because Archetype has some pretty expressions.

Crown
January 3rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16603191

What is this wizardry.
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac155/MelchiaX/Type-Moon/335c1f8d.png

It's in the game huh

Kurai D
January 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Graphics are missing only the dialogue portraits ;_;
Too bad, because Archetype has some pretty expressions.

Yeah, I really want a good resolution of her new ones, her and P. Ciel. They are both so gorgeous. What about the tracks? Can they be uploaded on tindeck or something?

......and wow, it's already been hacked to hell and back, indeed... The imouto beam may yet prove to be more fearsome than the Shinso beam...

Crown
January 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I really want a good resolution of her new ones, her and P. Ciel. They are both so gorgeous. What about the tracks? Can they be uploaded on tindeck or something?

......and wow, it's already been hacked to hell and back, indeed... The imouto beam may yet prove to be more fearsome than the Shinso beam...
I was making some MF mirrors to post them at /fate/ (cg and bgm), I will think about using my empty photobucket account for that.

I didn't know about Tindeck, that's helpful.

Posted the CG, BMG comes later.

Cruor
January 3rd, 2012, 03:55 PM

Ries is a baws.

^^^SPAM EYE BEAMS WIN GAME

My Little Username Can't Be This Long
January 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Mbaa needs an art gallery and a music room

GabrieliosP
January 3rd, 2012, 04:56 PM

[Sign: I've been having a minor issue with the game, and apart from that everything is alright. This happened in both trial and complete versions:

^This. The "Round X... FIGHT!" screen isn't transparent until after the "FIGHT!", which gets me in serious trouble during the start of battles making me very vulnerable since I don't know where both my character and the enemy are. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there some way to fix that? Apart from that minor problem, the game is running at normal speed and with no problems.]

Crown
January 3rd, 2012, 07:07 PM
BGM posted at /fate/

And Lord Phrozen, share your secrets.

celsius
January 3rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
So what have we learned from Current Code?

- That Shiki is somehow capable of making the act of cutting someone into seventeen pieces non-lethal.
- That Archetype is kinda adorable.
- That Archetype is an idiot.
- That Archetype is totally just as Shiki-sexual as the normal Arcueid is.
- That Ciel, regardless of how serious she is, is pretty much nothing more than a joke character by this point.
- That Mech-Hisui is the true protagonist of MELTY BLOOD.
- That Riesbyfe does not care for Shiki and his gland.
- That Riesbyfe finds Necos adorable.
- That Eclipse-Style > Archetype:Earth.

What else?

Kotonoha
January 3rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
Well it's been years since I played Melty Blood, but I'm sure it's like riding a bicycle, I'll get the hang of it again if I just play it for a while!

*pops in disk*

HOW TO CONTROL WITH KEYBOARD?????? WHY NOT CAN ATTACK????????

I3uster
January 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Because you use a keyboard, Kotonoha. Only beginners and Germans use keyboards.

Kotonoha
January 3rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
I always thought the hardcore types insisted on using a keyboard.

Gamepad it is then.

I3uster
January 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
The real HARDKORR ones insist on using a stick, because that's what HARDKORR Japanese fighting gamers use in their Arcades.

...or this weird Hitbox thing that allows you to cheat on MvC3.

Dartz
January 3rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
What else?

We also learned that Arc = the Earth, according to this line from 夢見る石 AE's profile as well as AE's statement to Ciel もともと我らは一つのモノ.

Kotonoha
January 3rd, 2012, 07:40 PM
The real HARDKORR ones insist on using a stick, because that's what HARDKORR Japanese fighting gamers use in their Arcades.

...or this weird Hitbox thing that allows you to cheat on MvC3.

I played it at an arcade in Japan, does that make me HARDKORR?!

I3uster
January 3rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Depends, did you beat anyone?

(and did you send UTW your CP .iso?)

pureauthor
January 3rd, 2012, 09:35 PM
- That Archetype is totally just as Shiki-sexual as the normal Arcueid is.

I think we knew that ever since Ryougi's ending.

- That Ciel, regardless of how serious she is, is pretty much nothing more than a joke character by this point.

http://i.imgur.com/FTT6j.jpg

Lord Phrozen
January 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
And Lord Phrozen, share your secrets.

0x1074C8FC 0x000000??

Last two digits should be:
16 ---> G-Akiha
32 ---> Dust of Osiris

Dust of Osiris video:
http://youtu.be/cyas_olGYuw

Crown
January 3rd, 2012, 10:42 PM
So it was hex editing. Thanks.

petalferrous
January 3rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
This game has such an awesome soundtrack.

Cruor
January 3rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
Yea, has it already been ripped?

Crown
January 3rd, 2012, 11:20 PM
Check /fate/ I posted it. Ogg format.

You could have also checked my blog which I don't know how you found.

terraablaze
January 3rd, 2012, 11:29 PM
ugh

.ogg doesn't work on my operating system.

pureauthor
January 3rd, 2012, 11:34 PM
Free OGG to MP3 (or whatever format) converters all across the internets.

Lord Phrozen
January 3rd, 2012, 11:50 PM
.ogg doesn't work on my operating system.

Don't you have winamp, foobar, CCCP or something?

Btw, someone from /jp/ is making a trainer that unlocks G-Akiha, Dust of Osiris and some of the hidden stages as well. Can't wait for it to be done so I can stop messing with T-search to find the right code.

Cruor
January 3rd, 2012, 11:53 PM
How do you unlock the hidden stages anyway?

terraablaze
January 3rd, 2012, 11:54 PM
^^
Nope, those must all be Windows only. I could get them and then run them through my wine I guess.

Cruor
January 3rd, 2012, 11:59 PM
How about music player programs then? Like Spider player and whatnot?

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Don't you have winamp, foobar, CCCP or something?

Btw, someone from /jp/ is making a trainer that unlocks G-Akiha, Dust of Osiris and some of the hidden stages as well. Can't wait for it to be done so I can stop messing with T-search to find the right code.
Yeah, just noticed it. Saved me time.

Tobias
January 4th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Because you use a keyboard, Kotonoha. Only beginners and Germans use keyboards.

I standard keyboard only. Controllers are crutches.

Oh that's right, I said it.

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Second trainer out.

Ruca_Milda
January 4th, 2012, 02:34 AM
the only gamepad I have is a PSP, and doing a 623 with it hurts my fingers ;_;

Keyboard ftw.

Spinach
January 4th, 2012, 02:38 AM
I have a pad. I also have a stick, but my older brother simply flexed his muscles at me and I couldn't resist the 'temptation' to let him have borrow it.

petalferrous
January 4th, 2012, 11:27 AM
This is kind of a dumb question but where exactly is "/fate/"?

Lord Phrozen
January 4th, 2012, 11:52 AM
This is kind of a dumb question but where exactly is "/fate/"?

http://www.wakachan.org/fate/

pureauthor
January 4th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Anyone know exactly which BGM number for the new stages?

Rockxas
January 4th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Um, 59 is Archetype's theme and that's about it for new tracks (I think).

gangrelion
January 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Second trainer out. Where can I find this trainer?

GabrieliosP
January 4th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Where can I find this trainer?

[Sign: At /fate/.]

New
January 4th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I don't use 4chan. Was there the other day and got lost. Also don't got an account there.
Can someone pm a link?

Mcjon01
January 4th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Wakachan isn't 4chan. And you don't need an account for either of them anyway, they're anonymous imageboards...

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Archetype's stage bgm is called "Hime sutēji"

Script ripped (txt).

celsius
January 4th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Ah, that's surprising. Powerd Ciel refers to the Moon Cell by name. So not only does the Church know of its existence, but they even named it the same thing. I wonder how they learned of its existence...

Neir
January 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I standard keyboard only. Controllers are crutches.

Oh that's right, I said it.

Seconded.

TypeWannabe
January 4th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Ah, that's surprising. Powerd Ciel refers to the Moon Cell by name. So not only does the Church know of its existence, but they even named it the same thing. I wonder how they learned of its existence..

IT'S A GIANT COMPUTER ON THE MOON. I'm pretty sure the U.S. just covered it up and only the guys with their hands in the butter know about it, and the Church and Mage Association happen to be a few of those people, cus, you know, connections.

Mcjon01
January 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Ah, that's surprising. Powerd Ciel refers to the Moon Cell by name. So not only does the Church know of its existence, but they even named it the same thing. I wonder how they learned of its existence...

Welcome to last May lolol

celsius
January 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Welcome to last May lolol

Leave me alone! I wasn't even a member of this board last May!

I3uster
January 4th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Seconded.
It's not a crutch, you can't even walk on them.

Neir
January 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Sure you can. Like snowshoes. Or if they're big enough, like crutches. Turn them sideways.

Spinach
January 4th, 2012, 07:19 PM
... I'll need a lot of keyboards to make that crutches suggestion work.

Neir
January 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Or just giant ones.

Cruor
January 4th, 2012, 08:26 PM

Or, you know, Roa knew about it.

IT'S A GIANT COMPUTER ON THE MOON. I'm pretty sure the U.S. just covered it up and only the guys with their hands in the butter know about it, and the Church and Mage Association happen to be a few of those people, cus, you know, connections.

Harwey family did it obviously. Because they wanted the Moon Cell in his timeline instead of saying NO MOON LANDING FO U like in Extra.

terraablaze
January 4th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Or, you know, Roa knew about it.

How on Earth would Roa know what is on the moon in the 1200s or whenever the whole Arc drinking blood incident took place?

pureauthor
January 4th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Well, if the TAs knew about it, which is plausible given Brunestud, then Roa might have learned it from then when they still trusted him.

HitokiriNanaya
January 4th, 2012, 10:27 PM
think they'll ever come out with another caster/update the netplay anytime soon?

Lianru
January 4th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Probably not until they fix it. and by then there'll be MBACACACACACACACACACAAAACCCCC

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 11:47 PM
New trainer version.
- fix the bug that forces all characters to be eclipse after picking G.Akiha
- fix the G.Akiha crash (haha, yeah right. though, if it STILL crashes for you, tell me what your melty setup is like, and whether or not you've used the keyrebinder on it or anything like that
- fixes Ryougi's stage's music.

celsius
January 4th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Hm. It unlocks the missing stages for me, but it won't let me use G.Akiha or Dust of Osiris for some reason. As in, they don't show up at all. Am I missing something?

Cruor
January 5th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Netplay so crappy. Was playing someone in the same town as I am and one of our matches took 10 minutes for one round (though that was among the worst to be fair. There were matches where it was near perfect).

I3uster
January 5th, 2012, 12:33 AM
I play against South Americans and North Americans almost lagfree. And I live in Europe.

Did you use Hamachi? Solves a lot of problems.

Cruor
January 5th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Yeah.

I3uster
January 5th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Then I have no other advice to give to you other than that you should light your ISP on fire.

Rowanism
January 5th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Keyboard warrior ftw

New
January 5th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I don't get why you people complain about netplay. Though hamachi IP, so it wasn't even a direct connection.
Played like 2 hours yesterday with different people. Delay was usually 4, and except some lag spikes it worked almost like in solo play.
It was a bit lagy at times for a little while, but then it usually came back to normal.

Oh, and I got quite some losing streak :neco_arc:

Erlkonig
January 5th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I'm surprised Nasu never gave AE an emotional scar or a sort of illness; considering how he likes to go all "PHILOSOPHY LOL" sometimes, he could've used that to represent how humanity is weakening Earth's life or something like that.

terraablaze
January 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM
inb4 Tobias and emos

eddyak
January 5th, 2012, 10:06 AM
How on Earth would Roa know what is on the moon in the 1200s or whenever the whole Arc drinking blood incident took place?
Akasha fuckery?

He screwed with reincarnation/Akasha/whatever after all- wouldn't be all that difficult to make a side trip and realise "holy shit, the moon is a computer?!" on your journey to the root.

terraablaze
January 5th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I don't think he ever reached the root. Pretty sure that would be a big deal and Dartz would never shut up about it. He can transmit soul information to someone else, judging from Ilya's conversation with Shirou about familiars and shared perception other people can do that, just not as well as he can.

Crown
January 6th, 2012, 12:45 AM
New trainer out.

celsius
January 6th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Oh? Hm... Somehow, isn't Nanaya-kun a surprisingly nice guy in this game? ... Hm hm...

Cyber Angel
January 6th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I don't get why you people complain about netplay. Though hamachi IP, so it wasn't even a direct connection.
Played like 2 hours yesterday with different people. Delay was usually 4, and except some lag spikes it worked almost like in solo play.
It was a bit lagy at times for a little while, but then it usually came back to normal.

For whatever the reason, the netplay situation varies very widely from person-to-person. Of the five friends I know who got Actress Again, I can only successfully netplay with one of them, and they can only netplay with one or two of the others. Every other combination results in unplayable lag of like 2 Frames Per Second, while the ones that work result in zero lag crisp netplay which is perfect. There's no apparent rule or rationale why we get lag for some but not for others - some of the ones I can netplay with actually live two or three states further away than the ones I can't netplay with. So your mileage definitely varies alot.

Meanwhile every computer involved is under two years old and netplays things like Portal 2 and even the new Umineko fighter without a blip. ^^; I don't think it's very stable netcode.

Rowanism
January 6th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Things that help playing MBAACC netplay:

- Go into MBAACC/System/ folder
- Find _App.ini
- Change resolution to 320x240
- Change bpp to 8
- Save, exit
- Set ini file to read only

- Boot Melty
- Start Task Manager
- Set priority to high
- Assign to 1 core only

- Resize window to your needs (cause 320x240 is tiiiiny)
- Play

I know it's kinda lol but this got me from a completely unplayable to a totally fine netplay.

Cruor
January 6th, 2012, 11:02 PM
lol320x240

Crown
January 6th, 2012, 11:50 PM
>not playing your games at 320x240

Like, seriously?

Lord Phrozen
January 7th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Change resolution to 320x240

It feels like I'm playing Pixels: The Game.

iluvpudding4eva
January 7th, 2012, 02:11 AM

The only thing that really bothers me is the text. The sprites look otherwise good.

Rowanism
January 7th, 2012, 02:28 AM
x3

Rowanism
January 8th, 2012, 01:23 AM
http://mauve.sandwich.net/misc/mbaacctool-v11-delaytest.zip

testing tool version that reduces delay, launches mbaa.exe etc

the delay algorithm is fucking retarded, it takes average_ping*13/20 and then checks by multiples of 14 to see if it should use that delay or not. which has too many overall functions to it really and doesn't produce good results.
Get it.

Crown
January 8th, 2012, 01:27 AM
It better works.

Keyne
January 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Hmm, I checked the portrait sprites and found just a slight bit of freshness, that being Seo Akira, Ciel in her battle garb and Turkeyhandle.. I mean the Moon Princess.

Boo, Takeuchi, you lazy bum~~

HitokiriNanaya
January 8th, 2012, 08:13 PM
http://mauve.sandwich.net/misc/mbaac...-delaytest.zip (http://mauve.sandwich.net/misc/mbaacctool-v11-delaytest.zip)

testing tool version that reduces delay, launches mbaa.exe etc

the delay algorithm is fucking retarded, it takes average_ping*13/20 and then checks by multiples of 14 to see if it should use that delay or not. which has too many overall functions to it really and doesn't produce good results.

Doesn't work with MBAACC Mk 2 =3=

celsius
January 9th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I dunno man, does anyone else kinda find the art in Current Code kinda jarring? A lot of the art consists of recolours of old art, some of which have been around since the original MELTY. But there's a lot of new art too, and Takeuchi's art style's changed a lot over the years, so the difference is kinda distracting, at least to me.

Compare:

http://i42.tinypic.com/n6qgs3.png
It's like looking at two different characters. Truly, Roa's thaumaturgy is amazing.

Like, seeing Arcueid's mugshot and Archetype's mugshot at the same time is also kinda weird. I dunno, maybe I'm just being overly nitpicky or something.

Yden
January 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM
In case anyone didn't already know.

http://mirrormoon.org/news/2012/01/melty_blood_actress_again_current_code_project_ann ounced

Tobias
January 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Huh, I had no idea mirror moon was still alive.

terraablaze
January 10th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Mirror Moon won't translate fan discs with interesting stories because they are "stupid and below them". They will however translate the nth iteration of a fighting game spin-off.

I won't even try to understand them anymore.

Yden
January 10th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Mirror Moon won't translate fan discs with interesting stories because they are "stupid and below them". They will however translate the nth iteration of a fighting game spin-off.

I won't even try to understand them anymore.

Did they really say that? I mean they did translate the plus disc way back when. I always assumed they didn't translate HA because someone else announced they were working on it while they were working on FSN

Ruca_Milda
January 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Doesn't work with MBAACC Mk 2 =3=

I dunno about you, but it worked splendidly well for me. It even fixed a bug where I couldn't connect to my friend.

It's still slow but that's more because of my internet, lol.

Did they really say that? I mean they did translate the plus disc way back when. I always assumed they didn't translate HA because someone else announced they were working on it while they were working on FSN

Yep, they did.

Tobias
January 10th, 2012, 12:29 PM
The way I heard it preparations for an HA translation started, then some bigwig at mirrormoon went bad mouthing HA saying it sucked and wasn't a good game, and the new team lost heart.

terraablaze
January 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
That was the first version I read from the mirror moon forums. According to Cruor it's because Taka jun doesn't like fan discs in general.

sushimonster
January 10th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I mean they did translate the plus disc way back when. I always assumed they didn't translate HA because someone else announced they were working on it while they were working on FSN

mirror moon didn't translate Kagetsu Tohya (if that's the Plus Disc that everyone's referring to). Amukunau and his mates did; the fellows who eventually stopped working on the F/ha translation and passed their material onto us.

And according to message, Takajun found that F/ha sucked "monkey's balls" (true quote) hence why they're not working on F/ha in the first place.

EDIT - Is it just me or is something wrong with the forums today... It was down for most of yesterday (for me anyways) and I [was] double posting like an ass.

Crown
January 10th, 2012, 09:06 PM
The current version of the tool is v0.5 BETA

Get it here
http://www.justnopoint.com/lbends/tools/MBCustomMusicTool.jar
You need at least Java Runtime Environment 6 to run it. If you need help please refer to this article http://www.wikihow.com/Run-a-.Jar-Java-File

I've also created this sample project file to demonstrate the deploy function.
http://www.justnopoint.com/lbends/tools/RA2-Score.lbs

Please give me feedback ASAP http://www.meltybread.com/forums/Smileys/default/emotemobp8.gif

Get, enjoy, etc

Cruor
January 10th, 2012, 11:58 PM
EDIT - Is it just me or is something wrong with the forums today... It was down for most of yesterday (for me anyways) and I [was] double posting like an ass.
Not to mention that when you go into a board it isn't updated with the latest posts.

Neir
January 11th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Mother of god cRyougi is broken.

Ruca_Milda
January 11th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Anyone up for netplay? so ronery.

GabrieliosP
January 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Anyone up for netplay? so ronery.

[Sign: I accept. Even tough my controlller sucks and I'm almost sure I'll lose...]

terraablaze
January 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Mother of god cRyougi is broken.

do tell

Ruca_Milda
January 11th, 2012, 01:58 PM

[Sign: I accept. Even tough my controlller sucks and I'm almost sure I'll lose...]

Can we use the normal network, MBACPLAY? Nick is Ruca there.

Also, I'm using the normal delaytest tool.

(also, mostly to sate my own curiosity, but you also have Ougon Cross right? <: )

GabrieliosP
January 11th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Can we use the normal network, MBACPLAY? Nick is Ruca there.

Also, I'm using the normal delaytest tool.

(also, mostly to sate my own curiosity, but you also have Ougon Cross right? <: )

[Sign: Yeah, I have Ougon Cross. Can you answer a noob question of mine? What is the normal network? I'm still new to the whole netplay thing and only tried the normal netplay in the game.]

Ruca_Milda
January 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM

[Sign: Yeah, I have Ougon Cross. Can you answer a noob question of mine? What is the normal network? I'm still new to the whole netplay thing and only tried the normal netplay in the game.]

This one:

Server name: MBACPLAY
pass: Lol

It's the one I normally use. And the netplaying tool I mean is here (http://mauve.sandwich.net/misc/mbaacctool-v11-delaytest.zip). You just run MBAA through this tool and use the netplay normally.

And I often play Ougon Cross, so thought it'd be fun to netplay(even though I'm horrible at it. Erika y u so difficult)

(that and the fact that maybe being on the same country makes Ougon lag less. Netplaying Ougon with a north american is suffering @_@ )

GabrieliosP
January 11th, 2012, 02:27 PM

[Sign: I run mbaacctool and it opens a website named "SOFTWARE SUPPORT"...

And I also don't like Erika. Can't play as her, can't play agaisnt her...]

Ruca_Milda
January 11th, 2012, 02:28 PM

[Sign: I run mbaacctool and it opens a website named "SOFTWARE SUPPORT"...

And I also don't like Erika. Can't play as her, can't play agaisnt her...]

Did you rename MBAA Mk2 to MBAA.exe? Otherwise it won't work.

And Erika is my favorite character which is why it's frustrating that I can't play as her >_>;

GabrieliosP
January 11th, 2012, 02:37 PM

[Sign: Being a noob sucks... the game is working perfectly... what now?]

Ruca_Milda
January 11th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Just join the Hamachi network with the login and password. Unless you don't have Hamachi installed, but just a quick google to get it, since it's really light.

GabrieliosP
January 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM

[Sign: Network full. The universe is plotting agaisnt me!]

Ruca_Milda
January 11th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Try this one, I just created it:

Login: BLMBAA.
password: neko

caps on login, no caps on password.

Cruor
January 11th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Try this one, I just created it:

Login: BLMBAA.
password: neko

caps on login, no caps on password.

There's MBACWHY which Neir made when he found out MBACPLAY was full too. Password for that one is 'baw'.

New
January 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I am usually on an Eu hamachi server.
And can't finish a combo properly without C Ryougi :(

I3uster
January 11th, 2012, 03:53 PM
do tell
If your opponent can't EX-block she has a string that empties the opponents guard gauge without a chance of retaliation IIRC.

Neir
January 11th, 2012, 03:56 PM
do tell

Everything.

New
January 11th, 2012, 03:58 PM
you exaggerating. And not everyone can do guard crush Ryougi string. And it requires you to trow your knife and 100 circuit

Neir
January 11th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I don't bother with any of these 'strategies' and 'bnb combos'.

I use my own shit, thx. :3c

I3uster
January 11th, 2012, 04:14 PM
you exaggerating. And not everyone can do guard crush Ryougi string. And it requires you to trow your knife and 100 circuit
I don't consider her to be broken. I think the strongest character right now is actually C-Kohaku, but she's incredibly hard to play at pro level too apparently, so it's kind of justified.

...don't quote me on that stuff though, I only know a bit here and there. BB is my main fighter.

Neir
January 11th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Kohaku was my best in AC, but I haven't tried her in AA

GabrieliosP
January 11th, 2012, 04:50 PM

[Sign: Kohaku is one of the characters I fear going agaisnt, and with a good reason. As expected from the one who pretty much started the plot of Tsukihime.]

Tobias
January 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Hey, stupid question, I can't read the derp speak on my game, is there a way to set it to the original keybinding in react? I am really used to the old style ones on the right side I the keyboard next to the arrow keys.

I guess I could take the opportunity to learn a controller instead but....don wanna....

I3uster
January 11th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Key rebinding seems to be a pain in the ass, use the controller.

Rowanism
January 11th, 2012, 05:10 PM
If your opponent can't EX-block she has a string that empties the opponents guard gauge without a chance of retaliation IIRC.
Never heard of bunker cancelling huh?

Also F-Ryougi has such a combo too, although it involves iHEAT.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/7679939/f_ryougi_cmv_as_the_dew/