PDA

View Full Version : Fate/After Death [Fate x Persona x Gantz Crossover]

Pages : [1] 2

hero
August 15th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Chapter Index

PROLOGUE

Death and Rebirth (Pt1) (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/908-Fate-After-Death-Fate-x-Persona-x-Gantz-Crossover?p=270383&viewfull=1#post270383)
Death and Rebirth (Pt2) (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/908-Fate-After-Death-Fate-x-Persona-x-Gantz-Crossover?p=272224&viewfull=1#post272224)
Death and Rebirth (Pt3)
(http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/908-Fate-After-Death-Fate-x-Persona-x-Gantz-Crossover?p=274382&viewfull=1#post274382)

Prologue - April 11th, 2011 - Death and Rebirth

http://trypticon.org/trips/japan-2010/fate/city - fuyuki station area.png

Fuyuki City Station.

You finally reached your destination.

After your father passed away, your uncle promised to take care of you. You claimed that you were old enough to live on your own, but you were not able to convince him. Long story short, you'll be staying here for a year, until you graduate. You'll be free to do what you want after that.

You can't help but to feel a little nervous. Indeed, family aside, you don't have any friends or acquaintances in Fuyuki. Looks like starting over is going to be a little hard... You conclude that making a good impression is going to be vital for you to survive in this jungle.

After all, Fuyuki City is a city of rumors.

Fortunately, you have no school today, so you can use the day to explore. You take a look at the brochure you were given at the station. Apparently, the city is divided in two by a river called Miongawa, and right now you are standing on the urban half of Fuyuki, called Shinto. Even at this time in the morning, you can feel how active this side of the city actually is. And let's not talk about advanced. Compared to the old town you used to live in, Shinto seems like the epitome of technological evolution.

It's at that time that you remember that your uncle said that his house was located on Miyama, the other half of the city across the river. You realize it's a good opportunity to start getting familiar with the places the city has to offer and so you decide to use your feet as your mean of transport.

"Oh, welcome. Please come in."

The house you'll soon call home turned out to be a lot bigger than you expected. You've seen a few mansions on your way here, but you didn't think your uncle would have enough money to buy a house of such proportions. Okay, it's not a mansion, but still. The garden is huge, and it seems the main building has several rooms, so much that you could call it an hotel. Hopefully, those rooms are empty.

"How was the trip?"

"Good."

You notice your uncle seems to be a lot easier on you now, compared to how he was on the phone a few weeks ago. Yet you can feel that he stills keeps his distance from you. You are sure that with time, you'll become closer, but first, you'll need an opportunity to form a bond with him.

"Please make yourself at home."

Now that you remember, uncle Kiritsugu has a son. He's not your age, probably seven years younger than you or so, but you feel you'd be comfortable spending time with him. More than spending time with your uncle, at least. Well, it's too early for someone his age to be up, so you'll meet him sometime later.

You are feeling tired from the trip. You decide to take a nap.

By the time you wake up, it's already 6.pm. Seems you were more tired than what you actually thought. It's the first time in years you sleep so much during the day. At any rate, you figure it'd be good to see what your uncle is doing.

You slide the door of your room open, and walk towards the living room. You can hear voices coming from over there, but you cannot recognize them. As you get closer and closer, you realize they come from the T.V.

"This is the eleventh case of Apathy Syndrome this week. Doctors have yet to find a cure for the disease. As you know, those who suffer from this condition become unable to move, feed or care for themselves..."

The news about the illness continue, but you stop paying attention to them. Mainly because someone is staring at you with curious eyes. A little boy with orange hair and light brown eyes to be precise. He must be your cousin.

"... Umm, hello?"

[Persona 4 Ost - Like a Dream Come True] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz_QVy_EsFg&feature=related)

You try to start a dialogue, but it just feels too awkward. He's a little kid, so you don't know what would be the most suitable topic to talk about, so you say the first thing that pops into your head.

"Where is Kiritsugu?"

"Dad left a while ago. He's not around the house much."

The little boy seems to be used to it. And despite his appearance, you can tell he is as capable of keeping the house in order as you are.

"But don't worry. He'll be back. He just went out to fight the bad dudes."

"The bad dudes?"

It seems you are not getting the picture. You can't help but to ask.

"Yes, dad is a super hero."

Admiration is the only thing you can see in the boy's eyes.

"He says I'm still too weak to fight them myself, so I have to train. I can stay around the house to protect it from any evildoers, though."

And with that, the orange haired kid shows a wide smile, the biggest you've seen so far.

"Wanna play a game?"

You decide to spend time with him until dinner time.

Shirou -That's the name the boy used to introduce himself - asked you to go buy some ingredients for today's dinner, and you agreed. Seems he'll be doing the cooking. You were able to get along with him, but it seems he still considers you a stranger. Maybe spending more time with him can solve that small issue.

Walking back home, through the shopping district, you find yourself chasing after a small black sphere that rolls on the ground without ever stopping. You don't know why, but you feel you must get your hands on this precious object. It's almost as its presence alone interfered with your behavior. In the end, you finally reach it.

There is something written on it:

"Those who leave always choose to return."

The message itself brings you back to reality. That and a very loud noise. One that warns you about what is going to happen next. Surprisingly, you are in the middle of the street, and a truck is less than a second away from running over you.

And, of all things that could possibly happen to you at this time, you hear a song.

[Gantz Ost - Radio Taisou no Uta]
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv1tlfpQVWM)
A ridiculous song that does not fit this kind of situation at all. As you wonder whether you should laugh or cry, something strange happens.

The truck stops.

But that's not all. The lights of the streets go off and everything becomes frozen. For lack of a better term, time has stopped.

You, yourself have stopped.

You are conscious, yet you cannot move from the place you are standing. The lights of the truck dazzle you, and you can't do anything about it. It's like a cruel joke. You are going to die, so... Why is it taking so long? You heard time slows down right before one dies, and that you start seeing the most memorable events of your life, but this is just too much.

Fuck it all, you don't want to die, not like this. You struggle to get out of the prison that restrains you, to no success. You become desperate. For the first time in your life, you seriously believe there is a God, and ask him to help you get out of this mess.

And today, that God has heard you.

"With this, the contract is complete."

Those are the last words you hear. The simple fact that there was someone who could actually hear you leaves you astonished, and the next thing you know...

The truck runs over you with no mercy, and takes your life away.

[Persona 4 Ost - The Poem for Everyone's Soul] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ardjKPbJ6Dw&feature=related)

When you come to, you are in an unfamiliar place. You are sitting on a chair, and on the opposite side of the table there is a woman in winter clothes with a gentle smile on her face. You find her beauty extremely alluring, but you are too confused to bother with that sort of thing right now.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room."

You take a look around. The place doesn't make any sense. You are inside a giant elevator that seems to go up endlessly. Maybe, you are really dead... But is this heaven or hell?

"My name is Iris, and this is my assistant, Illya."

You spot an almost identical, yet smaller version of Iris next to her. She must be Shirou's age, from what you can tell. She smiles at you and waves her hand cheerfully, but does not say a word.

"This place is between dream and reality, mind and matter. It's a room that only those who are bound by a contract may enter...

Now then, Why don't you introduce yourself...?"

http://www.koi-nya.net/images/stories/colabo/90352546.jpg

Welcome to Fate/After Death. In this interactive fanfiction, you'll be taking the role of a blank slate protagonist, and guide him or her through the adversities life has to offer, helping him to solve mysteries on the way. You'll be meeting several characters of the Fate series, and it will be up to you to help them solve their problems or not. There is no predefined route, and the decisions you take will certainly affect the plot. But first things first, you need to pick a gender and a name for our fateful character. Unfortunately, this is a serious fic, and unrealistic names will not be taken into account. Now then, let's begin...

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Hmm... I'll start this off by giving the boy (my idea) the name of Kojirou Kawashima.

Anyone like the idea?

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Male-Yusei (last name will be whatever you decide from list)

I so hope this gets updated soon it is very intriging(sp?). also Will Shirou and Ilya still be siblings?

Alectai
August 15th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Female: Haruko Terada

Alulim
August 15th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Male. Name...I don't really care.

Bloble
August 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I'll go with Xamusel's idea. It seems to fit for some reason.

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
@Bloble: THANK YOU!!

Sherrinford
August 15th, 2011, 05:52 PM
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z458/AutomneLeafs/GIFs/iyq16xjpg.gif

(I'll come back later when I regain speech)

Alulim
August 15th, 2011, 05:57 PM
^ Same reason why I cannot speak as well.

Love Iris and Ilya's role in this~

Sherrinford
August 15th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Ok, back again. Loved the writing, the setting, everything...

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'll follow Xam's lead.

Alulim
August 15th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I'll follow Xam's lead.Indeed, Al will too since he has no better idea.

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Male. Let's go with Xam.

hero
August 15th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks, everyone.

For those unfamiliar with the Persona setting, and as I've said, there is no predefined events, other than those that belong to the main plot. This means that, unlike Fate/Stay Night, certain choices won't lead you to play through certain heroine's route. Here, you'll be able to play all the routes at the same time so to speak. This also means you can start more than one romantic relationship. Be aware that, while this is tempting, things can go wrong if you try something like that. I'm pretty sure you know what jealousy can lead a girl to do.

PD: Ah, almost forget. No, Illya and Shirou are in no way related in this. It'd be wise to take the Fate cast as entirely new characters as they might have different background and act a little bit different compared to the original novel. Despite this, you'll still notice the little things that make such characters who they are.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 07:41 PM
A'ight, thanks for the heads-up HERO-MAN.

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
So we can get all the heroines....Let's us proceed.

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM
...Manga, when you said "let's go with Xam", did you mean my idea, or something else?

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM
First thing's first, social link with Illya.

Fangstrike
August 15th, 2011, 07:55 PM

^This!

A story that combines one of my favorite manga, game, and VN? I don't know what to say hero. I'm somewhat speechless with giddiness.

As for our fateful protagonist, I'll go with male, and since he's Kiritsugu's nephew, I'd give him the same family name - Emiya - at least. How about Emiya Kyoya or Kojirou?

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 08:00 PM
^This!

A story that combines one of my favorite manga, game, and VN? I don't know what to say hero. I'm somewhat speechless with giddiness.

As for our fateful protagonist, I'll go with male, and since he's Kiritsugu's nephew, I'd give him the same family name - Emiya - at least. How about Emiya Kyoya or Kojirou?

I'll second this.

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 08:02 PM
...Manga, when you said "let's go with Xam", did you mean my idea, or something else?

your first name.

Mmmm, I guess so at least that will be our first Social link.

I'll second this.

Third it.

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I will fourth fangstrikes suggestion. Also I vote we complete the Iris and Ilya social links at the same time.

hero
August 15th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Just to make sure, you are all encouraging the idea of using the Emiya name, right?

Iris and Ilya social links at the same time.

You are on luck, they are one and the same. You see, some S-links represent a group, rather than a single individual. This is one of those cases.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
So....seems like voting is leaning towards Kojirou Emiya or something like that?

That's cool.

.....now I'm really curious as to what sort of Gantz elements you'll be using here. Very curious...

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I am mainly wishing for the Emiya name, coulld care less about the first name choice. Will there be lemons in the Iris/Ilya link?

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Mmmm.....3P with white-haired girls...

I can dig it.

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 08:17 PM
^ So can I but technically Iris is married to Kiritsugu so isn't neotere bad?

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Helps if its a threesome :3

Edit: @manga-From what I gather from Hro's reply Iris nor Ilya are not related to the Emiya's in any way meaning iris isn't married to Kiritsugu.

Mike1984
August 15th, 2011, 08:21 PM

No, we want a social link with Sakura....

Bloble
August 15th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Rin.

She needs a proper childhood friend.

Or failing that, Social Link with Shinji.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 08:23 PM
We can SL with all of them!

But that might be bad if we go "all the way" with multiple characters.

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Helps if its a threesome :3

Edit: @manga-From what I gather from Hro's reply Iris nor Ilya are not related to the Emiya's in any way meaning iris isn't married to Kiritsugu.

But then how was Illya made?

Rin.

She needs a proper childhood friend.

Or failing that, Social Link with Shinji.

Rin...perhaps but for some reason I want to see a Wakame social link.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Magic, duh.

C'mon Manga, get your head outta your ass. :p

/notsrs

Rin...perhaps but for some reason I want to see a Wakame social link.

I can see that working as well.

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 08:27 PM
No, we want a social link with Sakura.... Eh, I though we were going to hook Shirou and Sakura into the childhood lovers route. Beside we need to meet her first and the only way for that is to either A)walk Shirou to school, or B)meet Shirou at his school to walk him home. A and B are the most likely ays we would meet up with Sakura.

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Magic, duh.

C'mon Manga, get your head outta your ass. :p

/notsrs

I can see that working as well.

I see, how could I forget.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 08:34 PM
I see, how could I forget.

=D

hero
August 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM

Like Margaret and Elizabeth, Iris and Illya are supernatural beings. They are simply there, to watch humanity and guide those who have a contract towards their final destination . . .

We can SL with all of them!

But that might be bad, so let's go with Illya/Iris first.

Eh, not really a bad thing. That's the way to go. Maxing an S-link does not mean romantic relationship, you can always choose to become an unique friend (So girls don't go yandere on you)!

Eh, I though we were going to hook Shirou and Sakura into the childhood lovers route. Beside we need to meet her first and the only way for that is to either A)walk Shirou to school, or B)meet Shirou at his school to walk him home. A and B are the most likely ays we would meet up with Sakura.

Shirou is a small kid here. Doubt you are hooking him with Sakura. You'll have to take Sakura yourself. . .

That said, this works somewhat close to a sim dating game. Links require you to unlock them, somehow. Meaning you won't be unlocking the Tohsaka S-Link until you became more popular. She turned a lot of people down, and hello, you are not Shirou so forget about pulling the long jump sexual attraction technique!

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM
My vote, hero, was for Kojirou Kawashima (given name first).

Everyone else was either voting otherwise or going with my idea.

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM
=D

*Thus Manga's head has been pulled out of his ass*

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Rin is the same age as Shirou -.-

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
My vote, hero, was for Kojirou Kawashima (given name first).

Everyone else was either voting otherwise or going with my idea.

hero, read ^ for more info on what everyone seemed to be seconding, anyway.

Mike1984
August 15th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Eh, I though we were going to hook Shirou and Sakura into the childhood lovers route. Beside we need to meet her first and the only way for that is to either A)walk Shirou to school, or B)meet Shirou at his school to walk him home. A and B are the most likely ays we would meet up with Sakura.

That would still require us to get close enough to her to do so....

Anyway, I don't mind getting an Ilya social link, but I want a Sakura one too, and not as an afterthought.

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 08:48 PM
That would still require us to get close enough to her to do so....

Anyway, I don't mind getting an Ilya social link, but I want a Sakura one too, and not as an afterthought.

I'll say that I want it in this order: Sakura and then Ilya. Anything else later.

hero
August 15th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I read, Xamusel, thanks.

Not that blind yet.

Thought it seems people want Kojiro to wear the Emiya surname, no?

This is like the power of friends. The more S-links you forge and level up, the more powerful your abilities will become.

Would you like me to reveal the S-links available, or would you like me to keep them secret? Needless to say, all the heroines are there.

Bloble
August 15th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I want a Shinji social link.

Sakura can wait.

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Sakura is good for a non-romance link, plus the only afterthought in persona tends to be none social links and the idiots of the team. Sakura and Shirou should share an SL though, in my opinion. The end result of that link would be in the future the become a loving couple with plenty of children/grandchildren.

Also will Fuji-nee be an SL?

Mike1984
August 15th, 2011, 08:54 PM

Sakura can wait.

Why the fuck would you want that?

Plus, to max out the Shinji social link, you would clearly need one with Sakura, because of his attitude towards her.

Sakura is good for a non-romance link, plus the only afterthought in persona tends to be none social links and the idiots of the team. Sakura and Shirou should share an SL though, in my opinion. The end result of that link would be in the future the become a loving couple with plenty of children/grandchildren.

Also will Fuji-nee be an SL?

Well, I wouldn't object to pairing the two together.

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM

Sakura can wait.

I also want a Sakura and Shinji Social link....maybe a Water Velvet as well.

Sakura or RIn will be friends to the main and try to get Shirou later.

[email protected] To make him a better person so he can treat Sakura right?

Bloble
August 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Why the fuck would you want that?

Plus, to max out the Shinji social link, you would clearly need one with Sakura, because of his attitude towards her.

He's still a kid now. I don't want to have to redeem him later on.

And it can be a Matou Family Social Link.

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 08:58 PM
...Hey, guys, I think that we should have a vote for what Kojirou's last name is.

I suggested Kawashima, someone else suggested Emiya, and the one who thought that up (like myself for Kawashima) can't vote on this poll... just to make things fair.

Well? Which one is the supreme one for this story?

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Emiya is a name of BAR.

Example: Kiritsugu (Iris and Maiya)

Shirou: (Do I need to list the names?)

Archer: (Previous but add Luvia and Elf)

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 09:00 PM
The Matou clann can kiss my arse -.- Sakura is the only one their that is worth something in my opinion, and she was originally a Tohsaka!

Also who will be our teammates, if we have any? Having Medusa and Medea might be nice.

Also I am pretty sure this is not relevant but am I the only who thinks that Medusa and Medea can pass themselves off as Sakura's sisters in the looks department.

edit: I vote for Kojirou's last name to be Emiya!!!

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I'm inclined to agree on Medusa and Medea looking like Sakura's sisters...

And how come Kawashima isn't popular with you guys?

Bloble
August 15th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I like Kawashima

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Kawashima's an alright name, but I feel that Emiya will give a more family feel within the household, at least with Shirou.

hero
List of S-Links

0. The Fool - F/E MC (Male or Female)
I. The Magician - Tohsaka Rin.
II. The Priestess - Caren Ortencia.
III. The Empress - Irisviel & Illya.
IV. The Emperor - Saber.
V. The Hierophant - Kotomine Kirei.
VI. The Lovers - Caster.
VII. The Chariot - Lancer.
VIII. Justice - Bazett Fraga Mc Remitz.
IX. The Hermit - Fake Assassin.
X. Fortune - Emiya Kiritsugu.
XI. Strength - Mitsuzuri Ayako.
XII. The Hanged Man - Matou Sakura.
XIII. Death - Avenger
XIV. Temperance - Archer.
XV. The Devil - Matou Shinji
XVI. The Tower - Ryudo Issei.
XVII. The Star - Rider.
XVIII. The Moon - Emiya Shirou.
XIX. The Sun - Fujimura Taiga.
XX. Judgement - ??
XXI. The World - ??

Mike1984
I also want a Sakura and Shinji Social link....maybe a Water Velvet as well.

That's OK.

Sakura or RIn will be friends to the main and try to get Shirou later.

Well, they can't both get Shirou....

[email protected] To make him a better person so he can treat Sakura right?

That's a valid reason....

He's still a kid now. I don't want to have to redeem him later on.

Well, true, but even so, Sakura should come first.

And it can be a Matou Family Social Link.

No, Sakura certainly deserves her own social link, at least. The two would definitely have to be linked, though. Presumably the Shinji link would be hard to complete and would require a Sakura link.

XII. The Hanged Man - Matou Sakura.

Eh?

What does this one mean?

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Well, hero has spoken, those are almost all of the Social Links.

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I shall let Mike do the arguing for the Sakura SL case.

Edit: Also "woot!" for Lovers-Caster.

Mike1984
August 15th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I shall let Mike do the arguing for the Sakura SL case.

I have to go to bed, unfortunately....

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Hanged Man-sakura means that she has a tendency to blame herself for things like her father abadoning her to the Matou's and such.

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Well, they can't both get Shirou....

Well that's Shirou's choice and we control the MC not him so unless there's a sequel we can't do much about it in this time.

Issei as the Tower? I'm...concerned since he's not any way related to tragedy?

Is this the FSN was or the Fate/Zero one?

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 09:10 PM
...At least check back beforehand on the issue, okay, Mike?

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Oooh, social links!

Gotta catch 'em all~

Altima of the Gates
August 15th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Eh?

What does this one mean?

He did say that the character's personalities might be different, so their Arcana might change. Shirou was listed as The Hanged Man before. But then again, this may be hero's interpretation at work, as Rin is still The Magician.
Also, lol, chill, don't make things a pairing contest and have fun.

Mike1984
Hanged Man-sakura means that she has a tendency to blame herself for things like her father abadoning her to the Matou's and such.

Ah, OK.

Well that's Shirou's choice and we control the MC not him so unless there's a sequel we can't do much about it in this time.

True....

Although, really, if all the characters are the same age as Shirou, then we're not going to be able to get with any of them. And, if they're not, then it's going to be hard to pair them with him....

...At least check back beforehand on the issue, okay, Mike?

Eh, what?

He did say that the characters might be different, so their Arcana might change. Shirou was listed as The Hanged Man before. But then again, this may be hero's interpretation at work, as Rin is still The Magician.
Also, lol, chill, don't make things a pairing contest and have fun.

I know nothing about Arcana, so....

burningclaw2
Alrght all what is witth the panda?

also *headshot to IRuN* that's for the pokemon ref.

Edit: Without help the Hanged man also represents those on the path to suicide, pessimists, and similar thought patterns.

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 09:14 PM
@Mike: I was referring to the issue with Sakura being of "The Hanged Man".

Alulim
August 15th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Alrght all what is witth the panda?Link was B0rken.

Fix'd link. Relevant. Although on a hentai site, not NSFW...except for ads.
http://g.e-hentai.org/g/396293/48558d35d3/

ItsaRandomUsername
also *headshot to IRuN* that's for the pokemon ref.

*Dodges bullet like a boss*

You got a problem, hotshot? Then let's have ourselves a Poke-Battle!

Xamusel
...I keep on seeing this, but what's NSFW, anyway?

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 09:16 PM
True....

Although, really, if all the characters are the same age as Shirou, then we're not going to be able to get with any of them. And, if they're not, then it's going to be hard to pair them with him....

True but we're eventually setting up his future harem with a bunch of childhood friends (Shinji,Issei,Rin,Ayako,and Sakura) so it's a start.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 15th, 2011, 09:17 PM
...I keep on seeing this, but what's NSFW, anyway?

Not Safe For Work.

Meaning pornography.

Alulim
August 15th, 2011, 09:18 PM
...I keep on seeing this, but what's NSFW, anyway?Not Safe For Work...basically porn. Or anything with nudity really.

Snipers, everywhere.

hero
Oh, right. Those of you who haven't played Persona games wouldn't know. Don't think the arcana relation to tarot readings matches 100% with what's going to happen during the S-link. Though, yes, most of them retain the basic elements.

Take Persona 4 Tower S-link for instance. You tutor a kid whose mother wants him to be the very best at school. As you teach him you realize the pressure he is going through to be always number one, and near the end of the S-link this forces him to cheat. He gets caught, but he is forgiven and that helps mother and son understand each other better and start anew.

And about that link, the characters serve as ilustrations for the arcana, and not always what they represent (Though some of them do fit, yes). That's my opinion at least. I would never put Shinji under the fool.

Xamusel
Okay, but I thought that the W meant women, not work.

@Hero: That makes sense, but I haven't gotten that link yet in P4, so... yeah.

Alulim
August 15th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I would never put Shinji under the fool.Agreed, just wanted to share that. Though Hanged Man does suit Shirou in my opinion~

...though Shinji is a different kind of fool.

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 09:22 PM
...I figured that Shinji was something like Tanaka or whatever the hell that salesman is named.

Alulim
August 15th, 2011, 09:23 PM
The Devil indeed, with his negligible (read: zero) resistances to the temptations of the flesh it suits him.

Mike1984
August 15th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Edit: Without help the Hanged man also represents those on the path to suicide, pessimists, and similar thought patterns.

I see....

@Mike: I was referring to the issue with Sakura being of "The Hanged Man".

What?

I was asking what it meant....

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 09:25 PM
@Mike: Uh... sorry for not knowing properly what you were getting at.

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 09:26 PM
The Sl's of persona in my opinion tend to mainly be working through tragedy. The Hanged Man links tend to be those with pessimistic outlooks on life and thus the MC seeks to help them through their troubles. Certain Arcana liked with tragedy will generally lead to the MC working/guiding the person through the tragedy and installing a new hope into them which generally leads to the completion of the link.

Edit: I believe Hero nailed sakura's arcana on the head. Because without Shirou she would diffinately be walking down the path towards suicide or be pessimistic towards everyone.

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Hmm...

Then who gets to be the Judgement one? I mean, the World is at the end, right?

Alulim
August 15th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Edit: I believe Hero nailed sakura's arcana on the head. Because without Shirou she would diffinately be walking down the path towards suicide or be pessimistic towards everyone.Indeed, Hanged Man suits Sakura more. But it still suits Shirou as his...talents can lead him to his own ruin.

...especially in HF with the GARm.

mangafreak7793
August 15th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hmm...

Then who gets to be the Judgement one? I mean, the World is at the end, right?

Normally the hero's party is judgement

the world will be the hero.

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 09:33 PM
In P3 the last Arcana was The Universe. As for Judgement...Berserker?

hero
August 15th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Indeed.

The magician is:

"With a goal to accomplish, the initiative to get started, and the strength and resolve to carry it through, the Magician is amongst the top pickings for ideal main character or primary support character personality in a plot-driven story."

While the Hanged man is:

"The Hanged Man is the exact opposite of the Magician. It is the pessimist, the defeatist, the fatalist, who allowed themselves to be taken by the worst of fate without fighting back."

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Huh...

Still, hero, you didn't answer my question.

hero
August 15th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Well, if I could answer that, I would have placed a name instead of '??', wouldn't you agree? :)

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 09:39 PM
*facepalm* I forgot all about that.

Mike1984
August 15th, 2011, 09:48 PM
While the Hanged man is:

"The Hanged Man is the exact opposite of the Magician. It is the pessimist, the defeatist, the fatalist, who allowed themselves to be taken by the worst of fate without fighting back."

That doesn't fit Sakura that well, really. She doesn't really "allow herself" to be taken by the "worst of fate" so much as she lacks a choice in the matter, and she fights back as best as she is able, even if that's only by being passive and refusing to break.

That description implies that she's weak, and Sakura is anything but weak.

Bloble
August 15th, 2011, 09:49 PM
That doesn't fit Sakura that well, really. She doesn't really "allow herself" to be taken by the "worst of fate" so much as she lacks a choice in the matter, and she fights back as best as she is able, even if that's only by being passive and refusing to break.

That description implies that she's weak, and Sakura is anything but weak.

She still fits the role better than anyone else.

Xamusel
August 15th, 2011, 09:50 PM
*has to agree with Bloble there*

Not that I hate Sakura or anything...

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 09:52 PM
It also is not describing her entire personality just an aspect that affects her life the most. Sakura could have a rather dim outlook at life, thus pessimism. Shirou was the one to originally turn this around for her I believe. besides once the link is complete Sakura's pessimism could very well be removed.

Mike1984
August 15th, 2011, 09:54 PM
She still fits the role better than anyone else.

She doesn't fit that description at all. She's not in any way weak, and indeed is the exact opposite of weak. Hell, she's not even really that pessimistic, honestly. It's just that her situation is genuinely really bad, so even someone who is reasonably optimistic still ends up concluding that they're probably fucked....

It also is not describing her entire personality just an aspect that affects her life the most. Sakura could have a rather dim outlook at life, thus pessimism. Shirou was the one to originally turn this around for her I believe. besides once the link is complete Sakura's pessimism could very well be removed.

I'm not sure she does, though, although perhaps prior to meeting Shirou it might be a little different. The rest of it still doesn't fit her, though.

Bloble
August 15th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Oh? So who would you suggest take that role?

Shirou, the eternal optimist?

Rin?

Shinji?

hero
August 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Again, there is no such a thing as a person fitting the description arcana by the book, or at least it's very rare.

The simple fact that she is abused by her brother and doesn't have the will to oppose him (At least not at the beggining of the fic when Arcanas are defined) makes her a candidate for the hanged man. Everyone is going through a bad situation when you forge a social link. That doesn't mean they are weak. You first discover what's wrong, then help the person, said person fixs it (or accepts it), you get thanked for it.

I would define it as becoming friends through facing adversities together, overcoming the worst side of life, rather than doing it, you know, the normal way.

Going to bed know, laters.

Alulim
August 15th, 2011, 10:13 PM
G'night~

burningclaw2
August 15th, 2011, 10:49 PM
night.

also mike, Hero is right. In the beginning Sakura may be meek and pessimistic but as the SL gets closer to completion Sakura will break free from the protective shell she wrapped herself in better then before. The main role for the MC in Sl's is to help others of the arcana overcome the advesity in their lives. Back to using Sakura as an example. in the beginning she could be to shy and pessimistic to approach Shirou at this point in time if she has her crush on him at the moment. As the link progresses she gains more courage to talk to Shirou, when the link is complete she would be able to talk to Shirou with no worries and will be more optimistic. The adversity Sakura would have to overcome would be her pessimism from living with the Matou's and some self-confidence issues. once those are taken care of Sakura would be able to bloom into how she was truly meant to be. I think that sometimes a persons arcana shifts once the Adversity is overcome, though the link while remain the same.

hero
August 16th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Prologue - April 11th, 2011 - Death and Rebirth (pt2)

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2491&d=1313438298

[Persona 4 Ost - The Poem for Everyone's Soul] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ardjKPbJ6Dw&feature=related)

"Emiya Kojirou..."

You introduce yourself, still a little bit nervous. No one can blame you, thought. You came here after dying, victim of a traffic accident. You start to wonder if this is the purgatory, the place where souls of dead people reside before being sent to either Heaven or Hell. As you think about it more and more, you begin to realize you should try to be nice to them and give a good impression. Maybe that way they'll send you on your way to Heaven. After all, you were never a Saint.

"I see. It's nice to meet you, Koji."

The woman sounds delighted. She even addresses you in an extremely informal manner for your first meeting. Normally this wouldn't even surprise you, but the fact that she is a beautiful woman older than you makes you feel a little uncomfortable.

"You are destined to hone your unique ability, and you'll need my help to do so. I only ask one thing in return..."

She says something you don't quite understand. You never felt like a special person, nor do you do now. Do you even have something that can be called an unique ability...?

But that's not the part of the sentence that worries you the most, no. When she says she wants something in return, your heart stops, and you mind starts picturing the worst case scenario. You feel as if you unconsciously sold your soul to the devil.

"... That you abide by the contract and assume responsibility for the choices you make."

You still don't get it, but you quickly nod, accepting the conditions. Mainly because it sounded like a good deal compared to the eternal punishment you were expecting.

"Good~ Then, here, hold on to this."

Still smiling, the alluring Iris hands you what seems to be a blue key. As you come in contact with the mystic object, your world starts spinning and your vision goes blurry.

"Bye Bye~"

"You better summon it soon, Onii-chan~"

And then it all fades to black.

As your consciousness returns, you are forced to take inhale a great amount of oxygen at once. It's as if, until now, your ability to breath had been sealed, and now that it's not, your brain ordered your body to bring that which its lacking.

But besides your fast beating heart and your now rough breathing, there is something else that catches your attention. A loud noise and a blinding light.

---It's the truck from before-!

You try to dodge it, but you instantly realize you won't make it in time...

And, once again, the truck stops, right next to you. Only that this time, you don't stop. Your movement continues and you fall to a side, on your butt. Then you hear the truck's horn again.

"Damn Teenagers these days. Always looking at their cell-phones' screen or hanging out with pretty girls. Watch your step next time, will ya?!"

You are too confused to even respond, so you just stand up and get out of the way. The man curses you once more, and then leaves in his vehicle. The small sphere is nowhere to be seen, and in it's place, there is a cell-phone. Your cell-phone.

You let out a big sigh.

Could it be that everything was just a dream? You start to wonder if something you ate on the train might have disagreed with you to the point of giving you hallucinations.

[Persona 3 Ost - Afternoon Break] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUoAM2BI2tU&feature=related)

Back at the Emiya Household, Shirou is still watching television. You overhear part of a gossip show. It seems it just started.

"So, is there life after death...? Today, our guest Kugamine Togami will tell us the answer!"

Normally you wouldn't pay attention to this kind of crap, but today, with all that happened, you pause for a second, before placing the grocery bags on the table.

"Do you like this sort of thing?"

Shirou asks a question to break the ice. You don't really pay attention to this kind of shows, but today you want to watch what it's about, so you try to answer vaguely enough for him not to change the channel. You chat with him for a while, until he goes to the kitchen.

As Shirou cooks dinner, you keep watching the T.V. programme. You are surprised by how useless the information they share with the world seems to be, and by how much it takes for them to reach the topic that for some reason feels truly important to you. After several minutes, the man, Kugamine Togami, finally speaks:

"Well, what can I say...? Everything you want to know about is in the book I recently published: 'A thousand Rumors'. It took me three years to write, but it was surely worth it."

"Indeed. you are quite popular with the ladies now aren't you...?"

The thought of someone wanting to be close him seems repulsive to you. He's not a handsome person at all. You can tell the only reason they'd want to be with him is money.

"Ehehe, yeah, you are right. But it's bad news for the girls, I guess. I already have a fiancee, you see?"

They are getting off topic again...

But then, after ten minutes...

"Oh, that's nice of you, Tonami-san. Anyhow, we are running short of time, so why don't you tell us something about the most popular rumor in your book. You know, the one that has to do with life after death! Everyone seems to be talking about it!"

The moment of truth finally arrives.

"Ah yes. Well, you see. Those who die because of natural causes are unaffected by this phenomena, but those who lose their lives 'before it's time', become the guests of Gantz."

"Gantz?"

"Yes, a room with a big black sphere on the centre! The deceased have to go through several tests and if they succeed, they are brought back to life with their memories era-"

You decide to change the channel. You were taken back for a second when he said a room is the next thing you see after you die, but there was nothing that looked black sphere in the one you saw... You don't even know if that encounter was real or not... Who would believe this sort of garbage, anyways? You conclude it would be wise not to talk about your 'after death' experience in school. You might end up looking like a weirdo.

You have dinner with Shirou. You both enjoy watching superhero cartoons for a while afterwards.

[Persona 3 Ost - Iwatodai Dorm] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieuZFNz6pGo&feature=related)

You are staying at the guest's room.

It's past midnight and you cannot sleep. It must be because you slept so much during the day. You decide to see what there is to do.

School starts tomorrow. Maybe it'd be good to study for a bit. Studying increases your Academics. If you get high grades during the exam periods you might become more popular at school. If that happens, your Charm will definitely increase.

On the other hand, studying seems like the least thing someone of your age would do at this time. Hmmm, maybe you can spot an erotic movie on the mini T.V you brought with you? However, Kiritsugu could come back home anytime now, and if he catches you doing things like that, you will find yourself in an awkward situation. Nevertheless, you are confident that doing so will increase your Courage.

Finally, you remember you have a few novels you could start reading. First, there is this story about an eleven year old boy with glasses who is summoned to a distant school to become a wizard. It's in English -Your first language is Japanese-, so reading might help you learn one or two new words and their meanings. Certainly, that will increase your Expression. Second, you have a story about a romance between werewolves and vampire teenagers. It was a parting gift from a girl. Just by looking at its cover you realize its contents are going to be painfully boring to read through, but doing so might increase your Diligence.

So... What shall you do tonight?

lethum
August 16th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Sleep! Study.

keeper13
August 16th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I pick study.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Studying seems best at the moment. Since school is tomorrow, it might help to get a jump on things.

hero
August 16th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Oh you pure little things.

Accept the porn side

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Study, porn can wait till we have a girlfriend, then we can study porn to learn how to better please our partner.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 01:50 PM
PORN.

(seriously guys, you start studying before school even begins?)

Edit: burningclaw, if you put it that way...

... ok, let's study.

but I'm still "meh" on the matter =3=

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Yes, we study for school a bit so we can say screw that later on and study porn movies to improve our technique.

Alulim
August 16th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I pick study...because that is what I would have picked in the game (the first time around).

Bloble
August 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Read Harry Potter.

No normal person studies before school even begins.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I generally max out Academics and Charm first. Mainly for the prizes when you come in first in the exams. Charm is so I can get more female links. Courage takes a back seat until Academics and Charm are full. Then I start the romance side of the links on the new game plus.

Alulim
August 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Al will treat this like the game and make choices as thus.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Al will treat this like the game and make choices as thus.

This is true for this is a visual novel.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I couldn't care less for harem, when your arm gets smashed you need Courage to keep fighting, not knowing logarithms.

=3=

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 02:01 PM
You only need courage for when you plan on stealing Kiritsugu's gun and making a bold move on a woman who is not your girlfriend yet.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Hero's right. We're a guy. It's the middle of the night, and what do guys do after they've gone through a temporary post-mortem mindscrew involving two hot girls?

Watch porn.

Changing my answer. Let's get us some Bravery.

Bloble
August 16th, 2011, 02:07 PM
True.

Pr0nz must be watched. I'm changing my vote to that.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Problem, school is tommorrow chance of porn slim especially at midnight. Best to try and study and fall asleep in the book then to get an enraged Kiritsugu on your arse. We are not brave enough for that yet, we need at least a score of 3 out of 5 courage before that happens.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Study for school... that's my answer.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 02:18 PM
4 study, two porn. We get more smarticles so we can impress the ladies and get awesome prizes from Kiritsugu.

hero
August 16th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Well, guess I should explain the different stats and how they work:

Academics determines how well you do at school. This stat is normally needed to forge a S-link with someone on the higher-tier of education. Maybe a teacher, or a School idol? Also, if a link demands an intelectual challenge to be forged, Academics is the stat it will check against. Other than that, getting high grades in school will get you certain prizes, and will increase your charm.

Charm determines how skilled you are at attracting people's attention. Be it beacause they think you are good looking, kind, or that you just have a cool personality, it basically shows how popular you are. Will certainly help with girls.

Courage determines how brave you are. Some S-links require high courage to be started. You are not simply going to invite a famous pop star on a date just like that. Then, the same applies to certain actions that might be beneficial or not. Punching Shinji requires courage.

Expression determines how well you make yourself understand. While less important than the above three, it is still useful. For you to teach, this stat is required. There are some S-links that might gain bonus points if your expression is high.

Diligence determines your will power to do things that require patience or have no worthy benefit whatsoever. You'll need some diligence if you want to go fishing for example.

A few things that I want to clarify:

chance of porn slim especially at midnight

Whenever I give you the option to watch porn, there will be porn on TV.

get an enraged Kiritsugu on your arse

Kiritsugu will not be showing up and if he does, he won't catch you (your character does not know this). It's the possibility that he might come back, and even then dare to watch that which increases your courage.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Our char most likely knows about the gun Kiritsugu has, and if he does not know about Kiritsugu not coming back that night then we need more courage then now since we would not wish to lose our nuts -.- kinda ruins the whole point of watching porn. Also getting a hard-on will be kinda hard with the thought that Kiritsugu might pop in, gun in hand. Peeking on Rin, Rider, and Caster would be safer in my opinion.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Question (since I don't know shit about Persona): how much important are those S-Link?

mangafreak7793
August 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I think porn since when does Hero will ever give us the chance to give us porn!

Then again, Let's Study!

(I think no one want to make our character force himself to watch twilight.)

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 02:35 PM

Yes, that info kinda busted that choice :p

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I have to agree with no reading twilight (which is what the option called for).

hero
August 16th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Question (since I don't know shit about Persona): how much important are those S-Link?

Very. The more S-links you forge and max, the more powerful your 'unique ability' will become. They also help near the ending becoming something akin to the power of friendship. At least in the games.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger (Diligence up!).

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 02:41 PM
What to choose... Bravery (read: porn), Study, Bravery, Study... or maybe Read?

... this fanfic is strangely familiar to my life :p

Another question: certain S-links are better than others? You can S-link only with the 21 char. you mentioned earlier?

hero
August 16th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Certain S-links are better than others?

Maybe slightly? Nothing major, though. But, eh, I find female S-links more enjoyable to max for obvious reasons.

You can S-link only with the 21 char you mentioned earlier?

That's right. While you will certainly meet more people, these are the ones you can establish an unique bond with. One that cannot be broken (If you max the S-link).

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 02:52 PM
If we are forced to watch/read twilight I shall kill ourselves for us to spare us the agony. If we want to up our diligence then work on translating Frence terrorist codes without actually knowing frence -.- much safer.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM
...Must...agree...with...burningclaw2!!

No, really, I agree with his idea.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Well, I must change my vote (again) to Bravery.

No seriously, porn or not, I think this is what (should) matter, right now.

(Edit: true bravery should be wanting to read Twilight :p)

Alulim
August 16th, 2011, 03:11 PM
(Edit: true bravery should be wanting to read Twilight :p)There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 03:20 PM
...For some reason, listening to T.M. Revolution makes it seem like it's the good thing to read the Twilight books, but only due to the epicness of the song.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back, the Harry Potter books are a go for me.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I agree with Al.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Same here.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity.

I agree with Al.

Same here.

Eh, whatever. :p

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 03:32 PM
...Just saying, really, that it's really not the brightest choice out there.

hero
August 16th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Anyways, the next chapter will be the end of the prologue.

Should be filled with action and epic music.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Let's hope so, for everyone's sake, period.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Question: Will we have a weapon and what will it be?

Alulim
August 16th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Question: Will we have a weapon and what will it be?A giant Magical Girl wand which we club enemies to death with.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Why did that have to crop up?

hero
August 16th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Gantz.

Do I need to say more?

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 03:44 PM
*blinks* Al, we are male, Magical guys tend to wield swords or lances, not agical girl wands... is it normal to have flashbacks of the Bloody Moon Wars Magical Battle Chapter concerning Ruby and Phantasmoon.

Edit: Only have Vol 1 of Gantz and haven't even read it yet.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Hmm... that ought to be interesting.

By the way, care to wiki link the article for the Gantz in question, hero?

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 03:51 PM
A giant Magical Girl wand which we club enemies to death with.

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ELRZ08hNaU

Gantz.

Do I need to say more?

NO YOU DON'T. *giggle*

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 03:51 PM
What ought to be interesting? Also does our char know about magic since he's an Emiya.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I was referring to the weapon being a Gantz.

Is every Persona user supposed to use a Gantz, or is it just those chosen by the Gantz thing, anyway?

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 03:57 PM
*blinks, blinks some more, blinks once more* Sherring and Al are strange as hell.

^Zamusel's question.

Alulim
August 16th, 2011, 03:59 PM
This?I was thinking of something more along the lines of this...but that was close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MipJmpNUXw

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 03:59 PM
...It's spelled with an X, but I'll let it slide, for now.

Bloble
August 16th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Gantz = high tech suits and weaponry, usually with a ridiculous lag between firing and actually hitting.

But I'm not sure if hero is going to use those, or just take the concept of the life after death and room from Gantz.

hero
August 16th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Gantz is the name of the black sphere. The guns used there have different names. This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJjjP33-xCM&feature=related) should give you an image of how powerful those weapons are. Contains Gantz spoilers.

All Persona users are going to be chosen by the 'Gantz thingy', anyways.

EDIT: Of course I'm going to use them Bloble.

Kukukuku.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Basically, Gantz provides you with a weapon fan-nicknamed X-Gun (among other weapons), that makes your target explode.

but two or three seconds after you pull the trigger. Therefore you can go "You are already dead".

and it's gore-tastic and fun as hell.

Edit: sniped HARD.

mangafreak7793
August 16th, 2011, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PA6OVufusE

This is our character.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Sorry xam, had a typo moment. also thanks kinda.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 04:15 PM
No problem.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 04:17 PM
This thread is now has more spam than a Hawaiian breakfast.

>83

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 04:17 PM
*Looks at giant monster, looks at gun in hand, looks at monsters again, looks at partner* Screw it! *shoots partner swipes gun and starts an epic battle of epicness*

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 04:19 PM
...Not the Cheshire Cat maneuver, IRUn, please!

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Would you prefer Lotus Saint's Unlimited Duck Works.

mangafreak7793
August 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
^ Yes!

hero
August 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Please guys, stick to the topic of this thread.

Thank you :)

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 04:29 PM
...Must this be so gory as the original? I think I'm going to be sick from the AMV.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 04:29 PM
^ditto

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 04:33 PM
You babies! It's not Gantz without the gore!

Speaking of which, don't confuse your Invoker Pistol with your X-Gun, otherwise you'll never make that mistake twice. :p

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
...Is there even going to be an Evoker Gun in this?

Besides, I heard bad things about Gantz from a friend of mine who watched it before, and I think he's right.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Why do you think i shot my partner he had the bigger x-gun and I was less likely to confuse it for my invoker. Also I do not mind gore somewhat as long as its not overly graphic. Monsters being gored, good. Humans being gored, bad.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM
...I think I'll pass up on the voting scenes for the Gantz stuff... just to be on the safe side.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I will check on the Gantz part and then decide.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Monsters being gored, good. Humans being gored, bad.

This man knows what's up.

Anyway, I won't say anything else until Hero updates, as a courtesy to him.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 04:42 PM
...I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place... for one thing, I hate excessive gore (actually, it's gore of any nature that's visual), but for another, I can't ignore the fact that this will be written out and I can't really visualize written gore.

What to do, what to do, what to do...

hero
August 16th, 2011, 04:42 PM
You shouldn't read/watch Gantz if you are not up for some gore and some NSFW scenes. Some? Maybe a lot.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 04:43 PM
...Porn is in Gantz?

Ugh... not what I had in mind.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM
You babies! It's not Gantz without the gore!

Speaking of which, don't confuse your Invoker Pistol with your X-Gun, otherwise you'll never make that mistake twice. :p

The suits give you a second chance.

...Porn is in Gantz?

Ugh... not what I had in mind.

THERE IS.

(quite explicit, IIRC. Well, not hentai-like but still...)

hero
August 16th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Not that I'm going to do the same the Gantz author does, that'd feel a little unconfortable.

But yes, Gantz has a few sex scenes, but mostly naked scenes.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 04:45 PM
...One reason why I'll never really want to read/watch Gantz while under current situations...

As in the sex.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM
For the gore part... I don't know how harsh are the battle in Persona, but for a normal fight with "unnatural" weapons you can't expect just nosebleed and some scratches... but that's okay, because when the battle ends Gantz cures all your wounds (it can even resurrects you, if another player earns enough points)

And the X-Gun isn't even the best weapon IMO...

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 04:53 PM
It may not seem harsh, but the battles in Persona involve a lot of damage to the characters over time, so it goes without saying that you'll need a lot of uses of Dia on you... at least Diarama level for the more advanced party.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM
It may not seem harsh, but the battles in Persona involve a lot of damage to the characters over time, so it goes without saying that you'll need a lot of uses of Dia on you... at least Diarama level for the more advanced party.

Diarama?

*tilts head like an owl*

Altima of the Gates
August 16th, 2011, 05:09 PM
...One reason why I'll never really want to read/watch Gantz while under current situations...

As in the sex.

You gonna have much more to worry about your parents seeing than just sex and gore.
It's...not a happy story. (The "Pedestrian's Paradise" chapter, that or the vampires, and other stuff)
The illustrations are excellent, but, well, some things you don't want that detailed, lol.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 05:24 PM
^ Indeed. (but I disagree on the "too detailed" thing)

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Sherring the Dia series of spells are all heal spells.

Xam, I usually go with Madiarahan myself. Thanks the lord for an overpowered Thanatos. I pretty much Tanked Nyx with him.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Well, maybe we can write a different Persona story later on? I mean, just as a Fate/stay Night crossover that has nothing to do with Gantz.

Also, isn't the "Ma" part supposed to be for a group, from what I recall.

Bloble
August 16th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Well, maybe we can write a different Persona story later on? I mean, just as a Fate/stay Night crossover that has nothing to do with Gantz.

Don't diss Gantz man. Not cool.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'm not dissing it, I just don't like it for what I've seen, and... yeah.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Don't dismiss this just yet. We have yet to see just how much Gantz influence in here there is. For all we know, Hero could only be borrowing basic elements and weapons, and having the enemies and setting be predominantly Persona-based. So I'm not that worried about T3H GORZ

mangafreak7793
August 16th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Don't dismiss this just yet. We have yet to see just how much Gantz influence in here there is. For all we know, Hero could only be borrowing basic elements and weapons, and having the enemies and setting be predominantly Persona-based. So I'm not that worried about T3H GORZ

Then again if you consider all three sides.

Gantz: Epic action, gore and nudity.

FSN: Adult VN with action, some gore, and a decent amount of H-scenes (Without the seafood)

Persona: An Action/Adventure RPG with very very subtle hints of H.

Xam: May not be your cup of tea in general.

Mike1984
August 16th, 2011, 06:24 PM

Well, I can't see how the social links could work if half the characters are dead, so....

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 06:26 PM
-_-'

I never did dismiss this story, by the way, just said that I didn't like Gantz all that much.

I like Fate/stay NIght, and I own Persona 3 FES and 4. It won't be a problem for me in those regards.

burningclaw2
@Xam: Yeah but it is a good spell to have incase your team s getting their arses kicked by aoe's.

mangafreak7793
Well, I can't see how the social links could work if half the characters are dead, so....

MAGIC!

The answer to everything.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Just because people die doesn't mean they stay dead. Mike, you of all people ought to know this.

Gantz has a resurrection-thing going on, so even if people *die* they are still alive, only now contracted to the big black shiny ball.

mangafreak7793
August 16th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Just because people die doesn't mean they stay dead. Mike, you of all people ought to know this.

Gantz has a resurrection-thing going on, so even if people *die* they are still alive, only now contracted to the big black shiny ball.

With a creepy bald guy inside with lots of guns.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I'll have to agree that it's a good spell to have, burningclaw2, especially in that situation.

Also, is that what really happens, guys? I mean with the Gantz thing.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I'll have to agree that it's a good spell to have, burningclaw2, especially in that situation.

Also, is that what really happens, guys? I mean with the Gantz thing.

You mean about dying and being resurrected while contracting with the big black ball-shaped supercomputer?

Definitely.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Ah... yes, that's what I meant, and I didn't know it was a supercomputer thingy.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Normally it is. But, now that it's a mixture of Type-MOON and Persona, only lord knows how hero is going to handle it.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Point.

Also, I don't want to spam this, but anyone wish to work on a different version of this where the plot's similar to P3 FES (and without the Gantz stuff)?

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
You mean about dying and being resurrected while contracting with the big black ball-shaped supercomputer?

Definitely.

They do that a lot, actually. A person is resurrected twice. As in, in two different bodies, IIRC.

Just because people die doesn't mean they stay dead.

Must... resist...

But, people die when they are killed...

dammit.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 06:40 PM
No.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 06:40 PM
...You don't like the idea?

Bloble
August 16th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Point.

Also, I don't want to spam this, but anyone wish to work on a different version of this where the plot's similar to P3 FES (and without the Gantz stuff)?

Why have a different version when there's already a perfectly good crossover in progress right here?

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Note that I don't particularly like Gantz, anyway, and it was just an idea I had while I was reading this.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 06:43 PM
@Xam: I would first see where this is going, maybe see how the plot goes for ideas. I have not played FES so I would need to rely on someone else's expertice(sp?) in that area. but I would help if I can.

Also what is our persona going to be?

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Xamusel, I don't think hero is studying medicine or something, so I wouldn't expect gory descriptions...

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 06:50 PM
@burningclaw2: I actually own FES, but haven't gotten past the part in The Journey where Fuuka is introduced. Mainly I'll be relying on the script of The Journey to write the story, but I like Shinjiro (from what i've read of him, he didn't deserve to die, period) enough to have him live instead of dying like that.

Also, if this is going to be anything like the original Persona games, Kojirou's Persona is a Wildcard, right, hero?

@Sherrinford: I get the idea.

Bloble
August 16th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Xamusel, I don't think hero is studying medicine or something, so I wouldn't expect gory descriptions...

You don't need an education for that. I don't know much about anatomy yet, and my story is pretty gory.
Read the chapter after the Assassin fight, or Rider's fight, or hell, any of the fights.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Di-di-di-do-du *falls face first from info overload from Bloble*

Bloble
August 16th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Di-di-di-do-du *falls face first from info overload from Bloble*

...Wow. That has never happened before.

Here I'll save you with CPR!
http://images.wikia.com/typemoon/images/7/73/Kuga_t1.png.jpg
Don't worry! Kugamine is a trained professional!

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 06:57 PM
You don't need an education for that. I don't know much about anatomy yet, and my story is pretty gory.

Yes, I mean something like "... his medulla oblungata is squashed out of his spine like a slimy slug..." or something like that.

Read the chapter after the Assassin fight

Oh, sorry: "... is medulla oblungata is pulverized like a slimy slug..." ;)

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 06:57 PM
*flattens Kugamine under a 10,000 lb weight, then begins to poke Xamusel with a stick*

Bloble
August 16th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Yes, I mean something like "... his medulla oblungata is squashed out of his spine like a slimy slug..." or something like that.

Oh, sorry: "... is medulla oblungata is pulverized like a slimy slug..." ;)

I think 'pulverized' has just become my favourite or least favourite word. Not sure which.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Go with the route that will not end up with you suddenly being on the wrong end of a mallat swing from Akane Tendo from Ranma 1/2.

VelspertheCat
August 16th, 2011, 07:01 PM
...Wow. That has never happened before.

Here I'll save you with CPR!
http://images.wikia.com/typemoon/images/7/73/Kuga_t1.png.jpg
Don't worry! Kugamine is a trained professional!

And that's why Akiha was forced into an engagement.

Alulim
August 16th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Al's favourite word is combustion.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM

I think 'pulverized' has just become my favourite or least favourite word. Not sure which.

Favourite one.

Don't worry, I was being auto-ironic. :)

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 07:07 PM
My favorite word is "Fore!!!" *mallats Kugamine to the moon only to result in him flying around like a pinball in space.*

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 07:07 PM
My favorite (english) word is "genre".

... but I pronounce it like crap, so I don't think it counts.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 07:11 PM
*repeatedly pokes Sherrin with a stick*

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 07:12 PM
*wakes up, looks around, and says* Okay, people, that shouldn't be a common occurance.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 07:13 PM
What shouldn't be a common occurance *iis hiding maker used to scribble on Xam's face*

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Me faint...ing... *looks in mirror*

ACK!! NOT THE RUKIA-STYLE FACE MARKINGS!!

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 07:18 PM
*repeatedly pokes Sherrin with a stick*

?

Why?

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 07:19 PM
*doesn't have a clue*

And why were you making my face a cartoon?

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Because its funny, no silence before I chuck you into the Barney universe with no weapons.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 07:36 PM
...I'll pass.

By the way, I don't know why, but the second opening for Fate/stay Night (the anime) is actually pretty good.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Theme song?

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 07:40 PM
One of the theme songs, they had two, one being a remix of a sort for the original game opening.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Mh, out of the anime OP, I think I prefer the first...

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Out of all three of the OPs I've heard, counting the two from the anime tv show, I'd say the Visual Novel one takes the cake.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 07:44 PM
*pulls out marker doodles on Sherrin's and Xamusel's faces the same way Etna drew on Laharl in the Disgaea(sp?) anime trailor*

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Uh, I wouldn't do that if I were you, especially with us awake.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Agility=EX rank *capping marker and disappears into the sunset leaving behind two BL member's with doodles on their faces*

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 07:48 PM
You guys still going on about this?

LAME

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Going on about what?

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Actually, *wipes off doodles on face* I think we're done, IRUn.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Out of all three of the OPs I've heard, counting the two from the anime tv show, I'd say the Visual Novel one takes the cake.

IMO:

1- Visual Novel (especially UBW).

2- Realta Nua.

3- Anime.

but it's not a strict order.

hero
August 16th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Lolz the spam. After the final chapter of the prologue, I'll make sure to make an index, so people doesn't have to read through this to find the actual fic content.

As for a few questions/stuff that I've seen:

1. Yeah, umm, sorry to disappoint, but I don't think my descriptions will ever reach the gore level present in Gantz. If that can be even put into words, that is. So yeah expect vague things, not too detailed. As you might have noticed this follows the 'Create your own story' style and it focus is to make things easier and faster, focusing less on description and more on excitement, choices and so on.

2,3, etc. I was going to spoil a lot here, but decided against it.

Alulim
August 16th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Lolz the spam. After the final chapter of the prologue, I'll make sure to make an index, so people doesn't have to read through this to find the actual fic content. Thank you...thank you...

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 09:17 PM
...Yeah, sorry for spamming, I didn't mean to make a mess of things here.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Sorry, just bored outta my mind. I'll try not to do that again. What is the verdict for what 'We' are gonna do Study or watch porn. i lost count now.

hero
August 16th, 2011, 09:37 PM
It seems study has won.

Hmm, it's late now. I think I'll study. Yeah, right.

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 09:38 PM
"I shall study my textbooks in a vain attempt to knock myself to sleep"

Is probable what we are thinking.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Hahahahaha!!

That was a funny way to put it, burningclaw2, you know that?

burningclaw2
August 16th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Yes

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Well, good, burningclaw2.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM
... -___-

hero
August 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I'm going to sleep now.

Just a note, but if anyone wants to contribute to this, I'm in need of Persona pictures. Especially the Main Character's one, Pandora, cause SMT version is just too ugly. Please refrain from posting pictures in this thread, and instead send me a Private Message.

Thank you and see you all tomorrow.

Xamusel
August 16th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Night, hero, and please continue the story when you can.