PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Crossover (Maybe, shall we say, Digimon/stay night? Fate/Adventure? Fate/Tamers? Come on, help a guy out!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

TypeWannabe
August 19th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Yeah, we be doin' this. My favorite season is Tamers, by the way, but I liked the portrayal of the Royal Knights in 5, the one where the main character punches out Mega level Digimon and Yggdrasil, though I liked them better in X-Evolution. NOT THE POINT, let's get down to business shall we.

How do we make this work.

Alulim
August 19th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Hmm...not quite sure. You could always replace the Servants with Digimon if you have no other idea.

Favorite season is Tamers also~

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 03:28 AM
well actually we need to first establish the balance we want for the elements of digimon and FSN before we decide what to do with the servants. imo keep the servants, give them partners the comedy gold will be in truck loads and the drama could be EPIC

Alulim
August 19th, 2011, 03:42 AM
I still think the idea of Heroic Spirits having partners when they are already bonded to their masters is odd...

In the end that means the master will have two digimon under his control if he has a partner himself.

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 03:57 AM
I still think the idea of Heroic Spirits having partners when they are already bonded to their masters is odd...

In the end that means the master will have two digimon under his control if he has a partner himself.

nah the way the series has explained it everyone gets a bar code upon entering the digital world their connection to there masters isn't required to keep them sustained and the cs would certainly be out of commission

Alulim
August 19th, 2011, 04:30 AM
So that means that the Holy Grail War is kaput? Servants no longer bonded to their masters?

I only understood part of what you are saying, I get the bar code stuff...but the cs stuff...

nununu
August 19th, 2011, 04:50 AM
I remember seeing a Digimon season where the Digimons fuse with their Tamers. How about the Digimons get the Servant's personalities and their fused forms modeled after the Servants?

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 04:56 AM
So that means that the Holy Grail War is kaput? Servants no longer bonded to their masters?

while in the digital world yeah

but the cs stuff...

cs command seal as in they could no longer order their servants around anymore

I remember seeing a Digimon season where the Digimons fuse with their Tamers. How about the Digimons get the Servant's personalities and their fused forms modeled after the Servants?

interesting idea but far too much work adjusting things internally.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 05:00 AM
IMO we should replace the Servants with Digimon.

The Grail helps the Masters give physical form to the bunch of data they summon from the Digital World but the Digimon need prana to keep their bodies running. The Digimon are originally Rookie level. Via the Command Spells they can digivolve to Champion (first spell) and Ultimate (second spell). The first two command spells are refreshed after some time passes but if a Master goes all out and uses the third spell, his or her partner digivolves to Mega and when s/he regresses back to Rookie level, the contract is broken.

Also, we can incorporate the Digimon Crests (Bravery, Friendship, Light, Miracles etc etc) into the command spells. Like, if you want to get access to Champion, you gotta show battle spirit- but if you want to bust out Ultimates, you gotta show some kind of resolve connected to your Crest. If you try to force a Digivolution or access a higher level while under the influence of rage, envy or whatever evil emotion you are currently under the influence of, the Digimon Dark digivolves and goes on a rampage until you find a way to make him or her regress back to a lower level. Or kill him/her.

And Sakura (or someone, anyone) gets a leonid Digimon that dies bravely and in a very tear jerking way. It ain't Digimon if something leonine doesn't kick the bucket.

nununu
August 19th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Lion digimon = Shirou

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 05:04 AM
This one, perhaps? (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Liollmon) For Shirou? We just gotta dig out some corresponding Ultimate and Mega.

nununu
August 19th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Well, the article for it's champion form, Liamon, say something about it preferring prey stronger than itself. And Archer defeats other Servants despite being among, if not the, the weakest Servants in HF5.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 05:15 AM
See? It fits!

And Kotomine should totally be keeping one of these (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/SlashAngemon) in stock.

Mike1984
August 19th, 2011, 05:16 AM
And Sakura (or someone, anyone) gets a leonid Digimon that dies bravely and in a very tear jerking way. It ain't Digimon if something leonine doesn't kick the bucket.

Fuck no. Sakura gets to be to butt-monkey far too damn often.

Lantz suggested Angelwomon, which seemed to fit her.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Sakura gets Gatomon that secretly digivoles in LadyDevimon? And the Mega is Lilithmon who, as one of the Seven Demon Lords, is a beast.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 19th, 2011, 05:18 AM
The raeg is great with this one.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Angelwomon is the uncorrutped version of LadyDevimon. They are actually share their earlier, Champion form, who is Gatomon.

So Dark Sakura can digivolve her partner into two branches, depending on whether she's acting under the corruption's influence or not.

And the one that's corrupting the Grail is Lucemon, who is way too stronger to be summoned in the ordinary way and wants to fill the Grail with other Servant Digimon and make a contract with the winner so he can have a prana battery in the RL, too.

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 05:32 AM
whelp i'm done with this guys maybe if the curve gets back to something a little less right field and flexible i'll rejoin the discussion.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I think the discussion's flexible enough.

Also, pictured: Uryuu's partner (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Dragomon) from the 4th War.

Mike1984
August 19th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Sakura gets Gatomon that secretly digivoles in LadyDevimon? And the Mega is Lilithmon who, as one of the Seven Demon Lords, is a beast.

Why would Sakura get a demon? She's not a bad person in any way, shape or form.

whelp i'm done with this guys maybe if the curve gets back to something a little less right field and flexible i'll rejoin the discussion.

Eh, what?

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Because of the whole Dark Sakura shtick?

Gatomon is the root of both lines of digivolution, angelic and demonic. Her partner will just go 'rawr bad demon' when udner Dark Sakura's control. Otherwise it'll evolve into its angelic forms.

Also, can we keep Lucemon as Angra's substitute?

ItsaRandomUsername
August 19th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Dark Sakura's pissy-ness would make her critter a little different. C'mon, Angra Mainyu warps people big time.

But it's as Aladar says.

Mike1984
August 19th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Because of the whole Dark Sakura shtick?

Gatomon is the root of both lines of digivolution, angelic and demonic. Her partner will just go 'rawr bad demon' when udner Dark Sakura's control. Otherwise it'll evolve into its angelic forms.

Also, can we keep Lucemon as Angra's substitute?

Well, perhaps, but I see no reason for Sakura to be Dark here. The Grail isn't around, after all.

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I think the discussion's flexible enough.

well you kinda text dumped and dominated so not really.

the digimon characters pretty well have their soul sucked out if you jam another personality into them, relying on the crests forces there to be at lest four arcs dedicated to a story already seen in the anime and giving sakura a digimon that can be light or dark so transparently is predictably and leaves her stuck in a role.

all in all it seems your favoring fsn in your set up about 80% which is rather unbalanced and against the story telling point of digimon to begin with.

Why would Sakura get a demon? She's not a bad person in any way, shape or form.

digimon are rather flexible personality wise type doesn't determine their disposition

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Lucemon needs a partner to keep him into the real world but doesn't want to rely on whoever left as a winner so he reaches out of the grail and corrupts Sakura. So he senses she's strong and, well if we are going to be using the crests= command seals suggestion I used, he can easily corrupt Sakura's potential Love crest into a Lust crest, which is coincidently, the dark crest corresponding to Lilithmon.

Mike1984
August 19th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Yeah, that could work, but I think we want something more original than basically the entire plot of HF being acted out by Digimon.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Because we need a plot for the crossover and I thought we agreed we'll be using the 5th War as the setting?

Anyone's free to give ideas. I'm just giving mine and I'm not asking anyone to agree with them. Like or don't, just keep the discussion going and we should all be able to agree on something, more or less.

Mike1984
August 19th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Well, of course, but using the fifth war as the setting doesn't mean rehashing the entire plot of one of the routes with Digimon replacing servants. I'm sure we can do better (and, no, that does not mean leaving Sakura out...).

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Well, here's some info on Digimon's main power groups. Any single member or group as a whole can be the final villain/s or just have some role in the story. Or none at all.

Seven Great Demon Lords (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Seven_Great_Demon_Lords)

Olympus Twelve (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Olympus_Twelve)

Royal Knights (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Knights)

Ancient Warriors (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Warriors)

Big Death-Stars (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Death-Stars)

Celestial Digimon (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial_Digimon)

The Twelve Deva (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Deva)

The Digimon Sovereigns (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon_Sovereigns)

The Four Great Dragons (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Four_Great_Dragons)

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 06:10 AM
well the whole digimon replacing servants thing is an absolute deal breaker for me you lose an ass load of the comedy and if you give them the servants personalities you make it pointless to have digimon. further you're kinda ignoring the whole duality of the real versus digital world idea and taking an already over used character to be the villain and for no reason logic jumping the digital versus magic issue set forth in fsn.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 06:12 AM
And how precisely do you suggest we keep both Servants and Digimon?

Also, the Digimon don't just have copies of the Servant's personalities. When did anyone say something like that at all?

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 06:20 AM
And how precisely do you suggest we keep both Servants and Digimon?]

I already explained that in my earlier posts. digimon has a standing explanation in canon for what happens when you enter the digital world which covers how servants have no costs there.

Also, the Digimon don't just have copies of the Servant's personalities. When did anyone say something like that at all?

nununu did eariler

at anyrate you're trying to jam the plots together like busted legos man. and there shouldn't be power groups inherently at the story's start it should flow based on the characters interact with the world not arbitrary plot points like the dark masters and shit.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 06:22 AM
How can you have a plot without plot points?

Say, if there are Servants and Digimon at all that means every Master being defeated or Servant/Digimon being killed is a major plot point. And the whole plot needs an antagonist. Unless there's some big bad threatening his friends/the whole world, Shirou would never fight in the War just for the lulz. He's not Rin.

Mike1984
August 19th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Yes, but why should the antagonist be Sakura? That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

VelspertheCat
August 19th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Why not use Fate/Extra's Twice as a villian? He exists in Fuyuki at this point as a brilliant hacker/scientist. He creates Se.ra.ph., but the whole thing goes out of control when he's attacked by terrorists. He uploads himself and goes nutty per canon, and now he's able to remotely project some sort of bounded fields across the city in search of some McGuffin that was lost in the attack that's needed for the system to work.

Not sure if that works with what you guys have planned, though. *was figuring the fields led people in and out of the Digital World*

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 06:28 AM
She's not the antagonist, she's just sued by him. Tricked. Brainwashed. And anything else of the sort.

Besides, that was just one suggestion. I'm just telling that there's to to be some villain waiting at the end.

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 06:31 AM
you're still persisting with jamming the general plot of digimon together with the grail war. it's nothing but a weak rehash of one or the other with conditions that kill of half the fun.

and i said arbitrary plot points. there's a difference

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Okay then, let's hear your idea for how it should play out in general, Servants, Digimon and all.

If we just add the Digimon, it'll be as much as a weak rehash of the War in general as when there were only Servants.

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Okay then, let's hear your idea for how it should play out in general, Servants, Digimon and all.

If we just add the Digimon, it'll be as much as a weak rehash of the War in general as when there were only Servants.

I would but it's 3:30 am here and i i've got to crash. I'll be back later to explain things

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Fair enough.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 08:23 AM
And how precisely do you suggest we keep both Servants and Digimon?

Lion!Sabermon?...

cuuuteee... :p

nununu
August 19th, 2011, 08:30 AM
-Cu Cuhlainn as Guilmon

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Lancer would be some kind of canine digimon in my opinion.

The Gabumon line, perhaps?

hero
August 19th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I love this idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io3XlGqXWBQ

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Some of the masters like Shirou and Sakura, could have had a digiegg that refused to hatch until close to the Grail War. At first the Digimon have no business with the grail war and just want to help their partner, but latter one of the seven demons or some other villianous digimon appears attracted to the Grail because of the power and corruption its pouring out. The evil digimon pours its power into the Grail and accidentally causes the human and digital worlds to fuse together.

The partners I thought of was Shirou with a Patamon(angel evolution line) or maybe Kotemon. Sakura would possibly have either Lalamon or Salmon(rookie state of Gatomon). Personally I thought Gatomon was underpowered in the anime for some reason.

tell me whhat you think, it may tell me if I should continue to try and flesh this idea out or not.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Seven Demon Lords, seven Servants... it can't be just a coincidence... ;)

hero
August 19th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Why did I just picture a Lancer x Agumon duo?

nununu
August 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Agumon: ANIKI!

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 10:03 AM
*Agumon gets sucker punched by Gaomon*

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 11:09 AM

first off knock that crap off with the grail, you're treating it as an all purpose plot device to explain everything and be the final destination of the story. it's weak plot wise and we can come up with a better reasoning and set up (or at least use it more creatively)

secondly as i stated before the way the digital world works you have no need to worry about up keep for the servants and as i've stated repeatedly tossing servants to the wind kills about half the fun.

thirdly as is tradition with Digimon you need to grab the group by the seat of their pants and toss him face first into red hot danger/crazy town. it seems obvious to pitch them into the digital world forcing them to forget about the grail war, roll through a few character arcs in their new surroundings and then bring them back to the real world causing a shift in tone or shaking characters beliefs etcetera and continue the story that way.

fourth deciding the bad guy before you get going with digimon is a bad idea plus all you've done is drag up high profile characters as bad guys which is lame.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 11:16 AM
So instead of using F/SN's plot-frame we'll gonna be using the Digimon signature plot-frame? Subtle..

Uhm... how about somewhat of a compromise? Make it somewhat of an Urban Fantasy- some Digimon have entered the RL world for soem time now- like, Rin can have a partner for a significantly longer time than Shirou. And the plot kicks off with Shirou spontaneously finding a partner/having one hatch from an egg left of him by Kiritsugu.

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 11:24 AM
So instead of using F/SN's plot-frame we'll gonna be using the Digimon signature plot-frame? Subtle..

FSN's "plot frame" is too specialized to be honest and digimon's has managed to support unique takes on a save the world story at this point 5 times not including the games.

Uhm... how about somewhat of a compromise? Make it somewhat of an Urban Fantasy- some Digimon have entered the RL world for soem time now- like, Rin can have a partner for a significantly longer time than Shirou. And the plot kicks off with Shirou spontaneously finding a partner/having one hatch from an egg left of him by Kiritsugu.

that infers needless back story that with inevitably lead to it becoming a rehash of tamers.

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 11:29 AM
The question is, "Are digimon widly known about amonst mages, or not?"

If yes, then we will need to come up with why the mages would know about the digital world.If no, then we can semi wing how the digimon come and go like with the Tamers series, or DATS.

No would be the digimon pop up on their own, moajority causing havoc for one reason or another. Yes, is where the digimon act akin to familiars without the need for constant prana.

We also need to come up with how the season will start, like will only the digidestine of this time be sucked into the digital world or will we chuck all of Fuyuki int it with the destined pulling the city protector act, which could have a follow up of a possible betrayel or someone who was already inside the digital world ether as a villian or innocent joining the team.

nununu
August 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Also, when will the story begin. I'm partial to the humans being around junior high. We could prolly stick Shirou, Rin, Shinji, Sakura(by virtue of being Shinji's sister), Issei and Ayako in there. Illya too, as a Sixth Ranger character.

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Knowing Shirou's luck someone will become a temp villian.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Why not have the Digimon be the signature familiars of some techno-mage faction in of the Association? And, say, the veil between the real and digital worlds could be thinner in Fyuuki so said faction starts... I don't know exactly, conducting experiments in the city which leads to Digimon entering this world. Some cause trouble, others bond to the main characters etc.

nununu
August 19th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Like I said, Illya would be the Sixth Ranger (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SixthRanger) character

hero
August 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Hmmm, I think the 'lol we accidentally travel to the digiworld' would work better than the 'lol digimon show up in our world'

I'd like to see characters argue with each other, trying to survive in 'wildlife'. Would also give room for some potentially hilarious scenes, too.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
So... techno-mage alliance?

If Digimon have existed for some time and are known as Digital creatures that can feed off prana, I can easily see a faction forming around their use. Like, mages willing to acknowledge technology and use it in their magic and such.

nununu
August 19th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Hmmm, I think the 'lol we accidentally travel to the digiworld' would work better than the 'lol digimon show up in our world'

I'd like to see characters argue with each other, trying to survive in 'wildlife'. Would also give room for some potentially hilarious scenes, too.

And the magic origins of some of them would just add flavor to their backgrounds. And open routes for future conflicts ie Magi finding about Digimons.

TypeWannabe
August 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Honestly, I like Vesper's idea. It allows for both settings (the Digital World and a Grail War) to exist, and can lead to some places.

nununu
August 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
The Digimon x FSN x Bakatest x-over? =D

lol j/k

Alulim
August 19th, 2011, 12:44 PM
It seems that ideas were clashing while I was asleep.

Why do we have to do just one fic? If you don't like the way things are going...write your own.:neco_arc:

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Someone mentioned Saber-Leomon (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/SaberLeomon), I believe... (just putting it out there)

Anyway, I personally like the idea of having the FSN kids just get dumped into the digital world, adventure-style (first anime), but have it happen at least a year before when the war would have happened; no previous significant connection between mages and the digital world, although Rin and Sakura might have met a digimon when they were really little (parallel: Tai and Kari). This leads to character development as the humans try to survive the digital world long enough to return home. The villain should be Apocalymon, who seems very much like Angra Mainu, just to give them shades of deja-vu when they finally end up in the grail war :p. The grail war should be mentioned only in broad strokes in the epilogue.

My thoughts on Characters, Crests (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Crests), partners, etc:
Shirou
Crest: Reliability, because it's just what Shirou does.
Partner:
Significant plot points:
* Realizing that his own safety is important
* Getting to save people anyway
* Someone telling him exactly how he's 'doing it wrong' with magecraft
* SWORD!
* Sheath?

Rin
Crest: Knowledge, because do you really expect a magus to have anything else?
Partner: Something with a sword for Shirou to trace
Significant plot points:
* Reconciliation with sister
* Tutoring Shirou in magecraft

Sakura
Crest: Love, because it's her source of strength in FSN (not counting Dark Sakura)
Partner:
Significant plot points:
* Confession to Shirou

Shinji
Crest: Courage, because.
Partner: Something masculine with overtly magical powers
Significant plot points:
* Getting over his inferiority complex, probably abetted by his partner being a more powerful magus than any of the digidestined.
* Getting along better with his sister, because really, the Matou family dynamics are just plain messed up.
* Getting chances to do important things with his own merits.

Luvia?
Crest: Friendship
Partner:
Significant plot points:

Caren?
Crest: Light?
Partner:
Significant plot points:

???
Crest: Sincerity
Partner:
Significant plot points:

+Ilya
Crest: Hope
Partner:
Significant plot points:
* Meeting and getting to know Shirou
* Remove expiration date?

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Someone mentioned Saber-Leomon (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/SaberLeomon), I believe... (just putting it out there)

That one was me, but I was referring to her

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_minor_characters_in_the_Fate_series

(scroll down to "Saber Lion")

nununu
August 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Gao!

Loved using her in Fate/Tiger Colosseum XD

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 02:36 PM
That one was me, but I was referring to her

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_minor_characters_in_the_Fate_series

(scroll down to "Saber Lion")
I don't see much of a difference between the two... :p

EDIT: Ideas for ???:

Ayako with whichever main crest is needed to round out the cast, Sincerity in my initial proposal.

Child-Gilgamesh with the crest of kindness (Replaces/Joins Ilya in the taiga dojo)

Possibly both.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Child-Gilgamesh with the crest of kindness

*giggle* it's an idea...

(Replaces/Joins Ilya in the taiga dojo)

SOMEBODY, PLEASE, DO THIS.

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 02:49 PM
You know we need a fic where chibi/kid!Gil is Shirou's little bro now.

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I made a picture!
http://i54.tinypic.com/2uelitd.png
Of note: Gilgamesh has the ORIGINAL DIGIVICE which is made of gold and is thousands of years old! (somehow)

hero
August 19th, 2011, 03:50 PM
GIANTO CAREN

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 03:56 PM
A team of giants and dwarfs!

Of note: Gilgamesh has the ORIGINAL DIGIVICE which is made of gold and is thousands of years old! (somehow)

It could be a plot point/plot twist/something important...

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
And he has the original Digimon, too.

Who is actually really really weak cause he's only 8-bit or so.

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Fate/Digimon Adventure human(-equivalent) Characters v2, now with giant digivice and normal-size Caren.
http://i54.tinypic.com/dnj3mu.png

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Better, but now Ko-Gil is the giant... and the dwarfs are still dwarfs :p (and let's not talk about GIANTO IRYA )

And he has the original Digimon, too.

YES, WHAT THE KING DESERVE-

Who is actually really really weak cause he's only 8-bit or so.

Boooooh! Get off the stage!

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 04:05 PM
tROLOLOLO :p

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Actually the 8-bit digimon can be powerful. Dotshinegreymon anyone.

also what age will Kid-Gil be?

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
They're not giant, they're just standing on higher ground, like Luvia.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 04:20 PM
10?

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 04:32 PM
big-sis Ilya, middle-sib Shirou, little bro Gilgamesh...The grail shall make for an excellent dues exmachina.

Kotonoha
August 19th, 2011, 04:37 PM

Anyway, I personally like the idea of having the FSN kids just get dumped into the digital world, adventure-style (first anime), but have it happen at least a year before when the war would have happened; no previous significant connection between mages and the digital world, although Rin and Sakura might have met a digimon when they were really little (parallel: Tai and Kari). This leads to character development as the humans try to survive the digital world long enough to return home. The villain should be Apocalymon, who seems very much like Angra Mainu, just to give them shades of deja-vu when they finally end up in the grail war :p. The grail war should be mentioned only in broad strokes in the epilogue.

My thoughts on Characters, Crests (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Crests), partners, etc:
Shirou
Crest: Reliability, because it's just what Shirou does.
Partner:
Significant plot points:
* Realizing that his own safety is important
* Getting to save people anyway
* Someone telling him exactly how he's 'doing it wrong' with magecraft
* SWORD!
* Sheath?

Rin
Crest: Knowledge, because do you really expect a magus to have anything else?
Partner: Something with a sword for Shirou to trace
Significant plot points:
* Tutoring Shirou in magecraft

Sakura
Crest: Love, because it's her source of strength in FSN (not counting Dark Sakura)
Partner:
Significant plot points:
* Confession to Shirou

Shinji
Crest: Courage, because.
Partner: Something masculine with overtly magical powers
Significant plot points:
* Getting over his inferiority complex, probably abetted by his partner being a more powerful magus than any of the digidestined.
* Getting along better with his sister, because really, the Matou family dynamics are just plain messed up.
* Getting chances to do important things with his own merits.

Luvia?
Crest: Friendship
Partner:
Significant plot points:

Caren?
Crest: Light?
Partner:
Significant plot points:

???
Crest: Sincerity
Partner:
Significant plot points:

+Ilya
Crest: Hope
Partner:
Significant plot points:
* Meeting and getting to know Shirou
* Remove expiration date?

I like, I like.

Bonus points if Shirou has goggles for no real reason.

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Having Fate/Digimon happen beforehand means that you can resolve all the kids' issues first and have the friendliest grail war ever.

Kotonoha
August 19th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Which means it doesn't have to be yet another battle royale! Because those get boring after a while. Once in a while you just need an old-fashioned team up against some ultimate evil out to destroy the world.

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Thought: Kid-gil might make things too easy if he's completely allied with the protagonists; perhaps he should spend most of the story dicking around and merely cross paths with the main characters as comic-relief? Also, the crest of kindness didn't show up in Adventures 1.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM
perhaps he should spend most of the story dicking around and merely cross paths with the main characters as comic-relief?

No.

Kotonoha
August 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Ko-Gil is Lucemon

/what

TypeWannabe
August 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Hey guys, before that, I think we need a name for the story. And because lantz is a spineless coward, I'll probably be writing the first chapter, so I need a name.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hey guys, before that, I think we need a name for the story. And because lantz is a spineless coward, I'll probably be writing the first chapter, so I need a name.

We haven't even settled a plot...

Alulim
August 19th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I am drawing a blank...give me a few minutes to think.

^We haven't, but who says he hasn't. He is going to write it, so he gets to dictate the plot.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM
^We haven't, but who says he hasn't. He is going to write it, so he gets to dictate the plot.

That bold... don't be angry at me...

... please ;_;

TypeWannabe
August 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM
We haven't even settled a plot...

Bitch, fuck your plot. This is big time, this is larger than life, see the sparks fly, every step, every move, everything I do.

Alulim
August 19th, 2011, 05:27 PM
That bold... don't be angry at me...

... please ;_;Not angry.

Bitch, fuck your plot. This is big time, this is larger than life, see the sparks fly, every step, every move, everything I do.Indeed.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Not angry.

:p

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 05:33 PM
My proposal is Fate/Digimon Adventure, with versions based on other digimon things grafting, "Fate/" onto the front.

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 05:33 PM
You know what, kid!Gil could actually be a split off of the actual Gil due to what happened during Fate/zero. Also I say we use kid!Gil for friendship. kid!Gil was raised as Shirou's younger brother and while possessing some powers similar to to origin!Gil he does not have then all. (Mainly just golden rule for money troubles). Kid!Gil has sme aspects from origin!Gil however the adventures from 'Fate/Digital' could actually give kid!Gil a better personality.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 05:36 PM
But I want Ko-Gil to shoot Ea! Or at least GoB!

VelspertheCat
August 19th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Bitch, fuck your plot. This is big time, this is larger than life, see the sparks fly, every step, every move, everything I do.

Fate/FriendshipIs.JPEG

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 06:01 PM
But I want Ko-Gil to shoot Ea! Or at least GoB!

I am just putting up Golden Rule as a must have for Kid!Gil since it was necessary for GoB. if everyone else wants kid!Gil to have access to GoB, then he can...just not right away.

lantzblades
August 19th, 2011, 06:02 PM
And because lantz is a spineless coward

how the fuck am I such? where the fuck do you get off calling me that? all i've been trying to do is make sure the story doesn't wind up as a lame retread of either the previous seasons or FSN's plot

and techo mages violate the way FSN works and takes away the distinction of the real and digital worlds

gil would have the original digivice yes but it would be a key chain digivice as the originals were and he'd have koromon and the special ability to digivole him into alternate forms as in keeping with the the original toy.

and the blasted title can't be fate/anything because that's beyond over done. i'd suggest one but as i don't know the three main details of the work i don't have enough to work off

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I am just putting up Golden Rule as a must have for Kid!Gil since it was necessary for GoB. if everyone else wants kid!Gil to have access to GoB, then he can...just not right away.

I know, I was just being childish :p

(but I really wanna see GoB, at least a downgraded version...)

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Kid!Gil somehow managing to pwn the origin adult version's arse XP

Seriously though, Lantz gave me an idea. Why just restrict them to one digivice type of digivolution line. Why not sometime during perhaps 'season 2' time of the adventure they find out that there are humans living along side digimon and they upgrade our heroes' digivices to allow for alternate digivolution lines.

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Title: How about Digimon/Stay Night? Digimon: Seven from Fuyuki? Digimon: Eve of War?

Reference: Digimon timeline (http://digipedia.db-destiny.net/misc/timeline.htm)

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Digimon/Stay Night sounds the best out of the suggested so far.

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 07:03 PM
By the end of this Kotomine will be TROLLED epicly.

P.S. and I mean troll spelled in capitals.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Piedmon could troll him. He's one hell of a troll.

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Piedmon gets raped by Magnaangemon in canon.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 07:10 PM
That doesn't mean he isn't a good troll. I mean, good at trolling.

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Gennai (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Gennai), a digital humanoid who helped orchestrate the resistance against the Dark Masters, including the creation of the crests, tags, and digivices; also selected the digimon partners for the digidestined.

Aladar
August 19th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Plus, he looked like Obi-Wan when he was young. And had clones. We can have him be the secret villain. No one suspects the Obi-Wan. Ever.

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 07:16 PM
The Gennai shall fall to Kid!Gil's never ending rain of swords.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 07:19 PM
The Gennai shall fall to Kid!Gil's never ending rain of swords.

YES!

GATE OF BABYLOW'N!

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 07:20 PM
And following the Gennai will be Sherrin who was standing right in front of the sword rain's target.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 07:27 PM
And following the Gennai will be Sherrin who was standing right in front of the sword rain's target.

yeah, keep telling yourself that.

who knows, maybe it comes true :p

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 07:30 PM
*swordspam nails Sherrin consecutively*

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Gennai (plural) don't do much standing and fighting, according to the wikia; they usually makes a strategic retreat and attempt to acquire allies.

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 07:34 PM
*swordspam nails Sherrin consecutively*

"Here I come, burningclaw2, do you have enough "reply with quote" in stock?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUs8FEsDUZ4

(Edit: I can't believe that I, of all people, have said that)

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 07:39 PM
No but I have swordspam and dakka ^^ Do I rely need to use reply quotes ^^

Sherrinford
August 19th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I was expecting other posts, so...

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM
*headshots Sherrin*

So what do people think of our heroes getting an eventual digivice upgrade where they can control the digivolution lines somewhat like the Digimon World game series

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Well, that would depend on how long the story went on; if it's just going to be about the length of one or two of the 'seasons' of the original show, then no, the fact that the human characters are getting upgrades too should be more than sufficient room for development; if, on the other hand, this is going to be a true epic, we will probably want that when we've gone through about a tenth of the the combinations of top-level combatants already available, i.e, after about 40 fights involving mega-level digimon on the protagonists' side.

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I am not saying immediate permission to mega, just some alternate evolution lines, some lines do not even go past champion so there is some consideration.

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I would stick with alternate digivolutionary paths being accidental for as long as is feasible, in order to preserve characterization of the digimon partners; remember, you've already got a minimum of 14 main characters in the opening cast.

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 08:44 PM
True, the alternate lines could be mainly a fluck for at least one 'season' so it would give them the idea that it is possible however their current model of digivice is not designed with that feature and would need an upgrade for the alternate lines to work more reliably. Even then the majority of the lines would have a connection to the species type(dragon/holy/beast/machine) and we can limit the lines to 6? at most

shiningphoenix
August 19th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Having lots of digivolutionary trees in 'world' works because none of those digimon have important personalities anyway, so you don't really care about the fact that you had a fire-breathing turtle yesterday, but today you have a three headed serpent angel.

burningclaw2
August 19th, 2011, 09:51 PM
that is why I am saying there should be a limit in the number of different lines, with only 1 or 2 lines actually having the capability of going mega. The 2 rookie-mega line would be a sketchy thing at best.

Ergast
August 20th, 2011, 05:32 AM
I'm fine with this, but only if every partner reaches Mega-level at some point. One of the weakest points of both 02 and Frontier was the whole "Only the two mains can fight and reach Mega/Last level". Adventure can be excused, as it was the first series and the digimons that didn't reach Mega were strong enough to actually defend themselves against Megas to some degree (and MagnaAngemon actually being the only one able to defend himself against Piedmon, something that not even WarGreymon or MetalGarurumon managed)

About the crests, dunno why, but I see Shinji as frienship, instead of courage. Again, TW would do whatever he thinks is better, so who knows.

The other points in 02 were disregarding the thing about the world of darkness that the episode about Dragomon started, the whole "we can't kill other digimons, even if they would reborn, and even if they are trying to kill us", while in Adventure they used lethal force if needed, the nerf every Adventure digimon received and Ken Ichijoji. One thing is making the guy one of the mains, and another thing is to put the guy even in the soup.

Cubia - the - Anti-Existence
August 20th, 2011, 07:15 AM
I have an idea. Anyone remember how dangerous the digital world is? Perhaps there is a grail conection but instead of the heavens fell ritual hi-jacking the digital world the whatever it is that picks digi-destined learns about and hi-jacks the grail.

Basically the digital powers that be decided the tamers should have some way to protect themselves since it's probably rather essy for a human to get killed there and hi-jacked heaven's fell so that when they enter the digital world each chosen child obtains the data of a legendary hero. Sort of like with that illya magna spin off. At first they start relatively low power but as there partner digivolves into higher forms they unlock more of the power of the bound heroic spirit.

If Ko-Gil shows up he could be a side effect of the process getting confused and copying what it could of Gilgamesh(a.k.a. ego to big to copy) when it's gathering the digi-destined.

Also in my opinion Ko-Gil should get Impmon.

burningclaw2
August 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I was thinking of giving kid!Gil a veemon.

Veemon-Veedramon-Aeroveedramon-Goldramon

My reasoning right there.

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
About the crests, dunno why, but I see Shinji as frienship, instead of courage.

Because he's the main character's angsty friend/rival. It's tradition.

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM
It's also tradition for the main character to have, 'courage,' but Shirou simply doesn't fit that one anywhere near as well as reliability.

TypeWannabe
August 20th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Shinji: You can totally trust me bro.

Shirou: I see no problem in leaving part of the fate of the world in your capable, non rape hands.

burningclaw2
August 20th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Then shinji gets replaced by kid!Gil who suddenly comes mid-season.

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Why's everyone so insistent on kid-Gil?

Shirou: I see no problem in leaving part of the fate of the world in your capable, non rape hands.

I'm okay with this.

Sherrinford
August 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Strange as it may be, me too...

:confused:

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 01:21 PM
why does everyone disregard the whole magic and technology don't mix thing? you're all trying to jam the grail into being responsible for them becoming transported/chosen.

and the partners seem rather obvious to me...

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM
magic and technology don't mix

Fate/EXTRA says otherwise!

(Actually, that's something else that could be crossed over with Digimon...)

TypeWannabe
August 20th, 2011, 01:25 PM
You seem to think there's either a F/sn story with Digimon in it, or a Digimon story with F/sn in it. We can take a third option, lantz.

burningclaw2
August 20th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I never said anything about completely mixing magic and tech. I only used the Grail as a plot device since an artifact like that makes for a great dues ex machina.

Why I prefer kid!Gil over shinji? I despise Shinji -.- and also since the concept of kid!Gil never came up before and it could end up with some potential humor scenes and a budding crush on one of the female cast...

hero
August 20th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Shinji is not bad, he's just drawn that way.

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 01:39 PM
and also since the concept of kid!Gil never came up before

He was in Hollow...

And Shinji is always awesome.

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 01:48 PM
You seem to think there's either a F/sn story with Digimon in it, or a Digimon story with F/sn in it. We can take a third option, lantz.

no i think there's a lot of the bigger plot hooks being wasted type. the grail really shouldn't be used as a primary explain em all plot device. it's a big plot point so it should be used carefully is what i'm saying

Fate/EXTRA says otherwise!

unless it's translated I can't agree with it's explanation there of. it's a blasted au though so it really doesn't count in terms here.

also koto thinking about doing a shinji story so look forward to it.

Sherrinford
August 20th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Shinji is not bad, he's just drawn that way.

also koto thinking about doing a shinji story so look forward to it.

Shinji in FSN is a moron mostly because of psychological stress. If you give him a decent past and story in which he does something helpful, he should be a better person...

Aladar
August 20th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Well, it's true that if there was no magic that Shinji just doesn't have, he probably would've never turned into what he was during F/SN.

Alulim
August 20th, 2011, 02:08 PM
no i think there's a lot of the bigger plot hooks being wasted type. the grail really shouldn't be used as a primary explain em all plot device. it's a big plot point so it should be used carefully is what i'm sayingAre we going to retcon history to make it so that the grail never existed then...?

Bye-bye to Emiya Shirou. We knew thee well.

Aladar
August 20th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Wouldn't he technically just be Sajyou Shirou?

burningclaw2
August 20th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Sajyou was Shirou's true last name?!

Aladar
August 20th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Well, it's just a fanon theory.

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM
That's not even fanon, you made that up just now.

Sherrinford
August 20th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Sajyou was Shirou's true last name?!

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Sajyou_Ayaka#Sajyou_Ayaka

Aladar
August 20th, 2011, 02:15 PM
That's not even fanon, you made that up just now.

It is a plausible WMG, going by the last name of Shirou's original female design.

Alulim
August 20th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Wouldn't he technically just be Sajyou Shirou?His personality would also be indistinguishable from the Shirou we know.

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 02:24 PM
no al i was never implying we retcon anything i was saying don't waste good plot hooks

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 02:24 PM
It is a plausible WMG, going by the last name of Shirou's original female design.

It's not "Shirou's original design", but rather a completely different character who Shirou replaced. She's closer to a prototype Rin from what we've heard.

Alulim
August 20th, 2011, 02:31 PM
no al i was never implying we retcon anything i was saying don't waste good plot hooksAh, so the grail still exists...we at least need to mention why it doesn't appear then.

Revengematron3
August 20th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I like the idea of taking out the Holy Grail War and making this into an AU where such a thing doesn't exist. Shirou can still be part of the Emiya family, with Illya as his little sister who gets separated from him when they get to the digital world. This will be his starting motivation for exploring the digital world in search of his sister who will either join later as a Sixth Ranger or maybe even an antagonist. Or something.

Sherrinford
August 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
So, the main theory so far is that """we""" use the kid version of Shirou & Co.?...

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I'm not proposing that the grail war and the digimon adventure be directly connected; I proposed that the digimon adventure be an unrelated occurrence that gives the main characters a chance for character development before the war.

Why does the grail war not happen? It will, this is just several years before it happens. The main characters who were magi still are, that's just not a major plot point yet.

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Ah, so the grail still exists...we at least need to mention why it doesn't appear then.

no no no. ok see here's the basic idea masters+servants get tossed by their pants into the digital world they meet their partners (yes all 14 of them making the total cast 28 not including zouken,shinji kirei, and gil and anyone else we might induct.

the three key point of this are

1)they are scattered in small groups

2) the servants no longer have a dependance on their masters (while in the digital world)

3) they can get used to their partners and each other openly because the survival situation cuts away a good chunk of the personal drama.

also I do have a proposed list for partners if any one is interested

Altima of the Gates
August 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Shinji in FSN is a moron mostly because of psychological stress. If you give him a decent past and story in which he does something helpful, he should be a better person...

And others as well could have been different. The thing is though, what with the whole deal of the Crest being overcoming something said character has held onto for a long time, but still essentially being you. There isn't really a need to change it totally, after all, there has to be something to overcome for character growth.

nununu
August 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Fourteen pairs? That's a bit much.

I'm still partial to the 'Digimons get the Servant's personality' idea. That way, there would be no need create 14 OC's(the Digimons). Unless that's why you want your proposed setup.

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
the digimon aren't OC's

Ergast
August 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Because he's the main character's angsty friend/rival. It's tradition.

True that. But then we need Shirou to have the crest of courage (it suits him even if reliavility would fit him better... maybe)

nununu
August 20th, 2011, 03:07 PM
the digimon aren't OC's
LOL, yes they would be.

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 03:10 PM
LOL, yes they would be.

sigh no nununu the digimon aren't OC's there are canon characters the only way they would be oc's is if we made them up.

Sherrinford
August 20th, 2011, 03:11 PM
And others as well could have been different. The thing is though, what with the whole deal of the Crest being overcoming something said character has held onto for a long time, but still essentially being you. There isn't really a need to change it totally, after all, there has to be something to overcome for character growth.

I meant, Shinji grew up in a already horrible familiar condition (Zouken alone...), plus you have to add the fact that being an overt "genetic" dead end (from a magus point of view, of course) isn't something that helps you develop a positive attitude.

That's why asked if """we""" are going with kids. There's still time for him to become quite a good person if put in the "right" environment.

Altima of the Gates
August 20th, 2011, 03:11 PM
True that. But then we need Shirou to have the crest of courage (it suits him even if reliavility would fit him better... maybe)

Well the one trait atttribute is a bit stifling(Sakura I think fits both sincerity and love, and Rin with kindness and knowledge), though I think(it's been awhile) didn't 02 essentially use two for each kid?

I meant, Shinji grew up in a already horrible familiar condition (Zouken alone...), plus you have to add the fact that being an overt "genetic" dead end (from a magus point of view, of course) isn't something that helps you develop a positive attitude.

That's why asked if """we""" are going with kids. There's still time for him to become quite a good person if put in the "right" environment.

Of course, I knew what you meant. But what I meant was that you can do that, and still have some of the base perosnality, after all, if there is no flaw, where would the growth come from?

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 03:14 PM
sigh no nununu the digimon aren't OC's there are canon characters the only way they would be oc's is if we made them up.

So do you mean they'd be the same digimon who appeared in the Digimon canons, like say, if there was an Agumon it would be Tai's agumon or whatever?

Well the one trait atttribute is a bit stifling(Sakura I think fits both sincerity and love, and Rin with kindness and knowledge), though I think(it's been awhile) didn't 02 essentially use two for each kid?

Yeah. But it's not like Matt having Friendship meant everyone else was antisocial, the crest just represents their best virtue.

(why does copy-pasting from the Quote box on Chrome turn the text grey...?)

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 03:18 PM
So do you mean they'd be the same digimon who appeared in the Digimon canons, like say, if there was an Agumon it would be Tai's agumon or whatever?

no, I mean they would have their canon personalities.

August 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Um if Magic and technology don't mix how do you have Servants a.k.a. beings essentially made of magic in the digital world?

If magic and technology can't mix , and if the digital world counts as technology then taking the tamers should break the contract. Thus sending all the servants back to the throne unless they find enough random people to make new contracts with before the world rejects them.

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Um if Magic and technology don't mix how do you have Servants a.k.a. beings essentially made of magic in the digital world?

because they established a soul can be processed in season four of digimon without a body

nununu
August 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM
no, I mean they would have their canon personalities.
Because, obviously, out of all the Agumon's out there Shirou would get Tai's. Or any of the goggle-bearers'. Same for the others. Fated partners' be damned.

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Because, obviously, out of all the Agumon's out there Shirou would get Tai's. Or any of the goggle-bearers'. Same for the others'. Fated partners' be damned.

facepalm

you clearly don't understand what I mean by canon.

nununu
August 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I believe I do and I don't buy it.

burningclaw2
August 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
which canon, there are like 6 seasons of digimon with all sorts of digimon with different personalities

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I believe I do and I don't buy it.

you clearly don't get it. all digimon of a certain family have certain traits and yes the games and canon materials continue to support this so while the digimon wouldn't be the canon ones the general personality is the same in keeping with canon.

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM
One thing I don't think we need to do is keep the same inter-crest dynamics as digimon; there's no reason the main character has to be courage and the lancer friendship, it just happened to be that way. Assign whichever crest fits the character best.

http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/1/17/Crest_Courage.jpg
Courage: when Tai first tries to force Agumon to digivolve, the Crest is temporarily corrupted, turning black and causing Greymon to dark digivolve into SkullGreymon. It first glows properly when Tai risks his own life to save Sora's when she is held captive by Datamon.

http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/c/c4/Crest_Friendship.jpg
Friendship: It first shines when Matt realizes that Joe truly is his friend and refuses to abandon him. His Crest also helps heal Tai and WarGreymon when they are near death during the battle against Piedmon.

http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/9/96/Crest_Love.jpg
Love: It first shines when Sora refuses to let Biyomon fight Myotismon, to keep her from getting hurt. :sakura:

http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/b/b1/Crest_Sincerity.jpg
Sincerity: It first shines when Mimi finally committed to upholding her promise to the Gekomon. It also revives Mimi from the sleep spell cast upon all the children Myotismon captures.

http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/e/e8/Crest_Knowledge.jpg
Knowledge: It first shines after Izzy reclaims his curiosity from Vademon. :rin:?

http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/0/06/Crest_Reliability.jpg
Reliability: It first shines when Joe rescues T.K. from drowning despite not knowing how to swim and almost drowning as a result. His Crest's light also cuts an opening in Myotismon's fog bank.

http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/3/32/Crest_Hope.jpg
Hope: It first shines when T.K. and Tokomon are reunited by Tai and Agumon after DemiDevimon had seperated them with his lies about Matt not wanting to see T.K. ever again. It also provides the arrow that Angemon uses to help Gabumon warp digivolve into MetalGarurumon. :illya:

http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/a/a8/Crest_Light.jpg
Light: It first shines in City Under Siege when Kari offers herself up to keep Phantomon from hurting her friends. Her Crest also produces the arrow of light needed to help Agumon warp digivolve into WarGreymon and acts as a conduit to help the disembodied spirit in the Digital World possess Kari.

http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/f/f1/Kindness.jpg
Kindness: It is the ninth Crest found, initially corrupted into being the energy source for the Digimon Emperor's base. The Harmonious Ones uses it as the base of the Digi-Egg of Miracles, and it is found in its true form after the battle with Kimeramon. Though it is never used to digivolve Wormmon and its Tag is never found, it is used by Ken in an attempt to shut down the Digimon Emperor's base.

nununu
August 20th, 2011, 03:34 PM
you clearly don't get it. all digimon of a certain family have certain traits and yes the games and canon materials continue to support this so while the digimon wouldn't be the canon ones the general personality is the same in keeping with canon.
Which means you'd be creating an OC based on a canon archetype.

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Something to note: the partner digimon in at least the first season of digimon were (with the exception of Kari's, because Gennai accidentally dropped that one) raised from eggs to achieve the objective of stopping the villians; if different heroes are chosen, the digimon might be raised differently.

TypeWannabe
August 20th, 2011, 03:56 PM
The Agumon of 01 and the Agumon of 05 were different, you cannot deny that. Loyal to their partners, yes, but their overall demeanor was different. As well as Gotsumon's personalities.

burningclaw2
August 20th, 2011, 04:03 PM
What type said. The series never kept a certain personality type for certain digimon. Thus the only way to create the partner digimon is from scratch.

Aladar
August 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM
If the story takes place before the Grail War, with younger heroes, there's no sense for any Servants to be present. And frankly, I prefer this kind of set-up because 28 main characters are a bit too much, IMO.

Also, the protagonists can still travel in different groups. 2-3 characters a group are enough. And if we make it an AU, too, with no magic, some problems like Sakura's worm crest and Shinji being such a jerkass can be toned down or not present at all. He can still be a bad big brother but not to the point of abusing and raping her. And Sakura being a shrinking violet who grows out of her shell would be plenty of character development, too, even without the angst.

nununu
August 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM
It's also more fun, IMO, to think of which Digimon would best fit the Servants. Archer as Liamon for example. In an effort to buy time for the heroes' escape, he valiantly takes on a Mega; he cripples it but did not survive the encounter. Also, sacrificial lion digimon, as tradition demands, problem solved.

^You could say that since the dimensional access to Digital World is linked to the Fuyuki leylines, it gains some sort of partial access to the Throne of Heroes thus letting the Servants manifest as Digimon.

Aladar
August 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM
So the Servants manifest as Digimon?

If anything, Archer should be GuardiAngemon- the freaking thing is made of blades.

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 04:15 PM
And if we make it an AU, too, with no magic...
No. Magecraft is an important part of several characters and should be left in; it's the entire reason Matou Sakura isn't Tohsaka Sakura, and therefore the whole reason Shinji has an inferiority complex; Shirou's 'hero of justice' thing comes from it, as do kid-gil's very existence in the present and much of Rin's drive for knowledge; removing it completely changes more than half the potential cast, so don't do that.

Revengematron3
August 20th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I also think we need to keep magecraft in here. We need a little more from the f/sn side of things than just the characters.

nununu
August 20th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Hmm...

Shirou gets Candlemon~Wizardmon~Mistymon~Dynasmon =D

How that would work with Saber's personality, I don't know =D

burningclaw2
August 20th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Sakura can have Lopmon or Salmon(rookie of Gatomon) both have an evil side for Dark Sakura arc.

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Sakura can have [...] Salmon

sakuraeatingafish.jpg

burningclaw2
August 20th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Salmon is more of a puppy

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I know, it's Salamon :P

...Gatomon's evolutionary line is is weird. Cat evolves into dog evolves into cat. WHY

RR121
August 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Shinji is always awesome.

Hahahahahahahahaaa

aha
ha
ha
ha

Don't mind me.

August 20th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Another random thought. Isn't the Digital world sort of like a really big reality marble or world egg that just happens to be inhabbited? Perhaps some magi have encountered digimon before but having no knowledge of computers simply considered them to be demons.

Coporeal processed information a.k.a. physical data is probably as big of a distortion as you can get.

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hahahahahahahahaaa

aha
ha
ha
ha

Don't mind me.

Okay, okay, so he's not ALWAYS awesome. Sometimes he's only marvelous, or wonderful.

RR121
August 20th, 2011, 05:08 PM
*laughs evilly*

No, there is nothing wrong. I do not have a personal entertainment lined up whatsoever. Why do you ask?
Speaking of which, have you read the latest chapter in my fic Kotonha?

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 05:10 PM
You have a fic?

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Sakura can have Lopmon or Salmon(rookie of Gatomon) both have an evil side for Dark Sakura arc.
Salamon's Digimon world Dawn/Dusk tree seems the most fitting one, although perhaps the split should occur at the champion level with this guy (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/BlackGatomon).

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Renamon is totally Rider, just saying.

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 05:16 PM
So, is this you saying that would be a good partner for Shinji? Because I'm pretty sure that general consensus is that the Angewomon line is the most appropriate one for Sakura.

RR121
August 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM
You have a fic?

No. I just asked if you had read the last chapter out of the blue. I have no such fic whatsoever.

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 05:25 PM
well whatever guys. I've pretty well got a whole other idea from what you guys are discussing it seems so i'll just see myself out.

TypeWannabe
August 20th, 2011, 07:01 PM

...Gatomon's evolutionary line is is weird. Cat evolves into dog evolves into cat. WHY

That's not even half of it. She also evolves into fucking angels.

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 07:03 PM
... fucking angels.
I would actually have used that adjective to describe the dark end of Salamon's tree, not the light one...

Alulim
August 20th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Clearly you do not remember the catfight between Angewomon and LadyDevimon...that adjective can be used to describe them both.

nununu
August 20th, 2011, 07:08 PM
And it was a catfight. With all the slapping and hair-pulling the term implies.

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
So, I suggest that the following line either go to Shinji (contrary) or Rin (matching):

Pagumon -> Impmon -> Wizardmon -> ??? (Mistymon -> Dynasmon or Mummymon -> Pharaohmon)

Sakura, of course, gets:

Puttimon -> Salamon -> Gatomon -> Angewomon -> Ophanimon
[Dark Side Version] -> Black Gatomon -> LadyDevimon -> Lillithmon

Which leaves six unpartnered heroes. Suggestions?

TypeWannabe
August 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Shirou and Saber should get Omnimon or Alphamon.

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Shirou and Saber should get Omnimon or Alphamon.
In that case:
Dodomon (baby) -> Dorimon -> Dorumon -> (Reptiledramon?) -> Grademon -> Alphamon (FYI, Alphamon has an ability that's like Tsubame Gaeshi except it works for all attacks in any number)

TypeWannabe
August 20th, 2011, 08:55 PM
To clarify, Alphamon has the power to endlessly repeat any attack he's made in an instant, so even if he has only attacked once, he has actually struck...however many times he damn well wishes, normally causing instant deletion.

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Doing such consigns Shirou's digimon to the position of last to digivolve; it's okay, though, because Shirou has Avalon and tracing, so he can fight alongside his digimon once he gets his magecraft straightened out and sees a cool sword.

TypeWannabe
August 20th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Well, it's better than Omnimon X's All Delete, which freaking deletes reality and rewrites it anew.

Aladar
August 20th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Issei:

Impmon -> Devimon -> NeoDevimon -> Beelzemon

Because Issei getting something devil related as a partner would be hilarious and learning to look past appearances would be good character development for him. Also, I think he fits the crest of Reliability the best 'cause he reminds me much of Joe.

Kid!Gil should totally get:

Dorumon -> Reptiledramon -> Grademon -> Alphamon

Dorumon is, like, the closest to a fully-flesh original Digimon we have. Reptiledramon could be Gil's Vimana and Grademon and Alphamon are both knights with full golden armor. Also, kid!Gil should get the crest of Miracles. Duh, it's golden.

Shirou:

Patamon -> Angemon -> MagnaAngemon -> GuardiAngemon

And how come Courage can't fit Shirou after all the crazy stuff he's done to save his loved ones and the world? It takes balls to stand up to Gil and challenge him to a swordspam contest, y'know. Not to mention being stubborn enough to outfight your future badass self. Also, have you looked at GuardiAngemon. That thing is angel made of swords! Awesome!

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Well, it's better than Omnimon X's All Delete, which freaking deletes reality and rewrites it anew.
Ryougi Shiki, is that you?

Issei:

Impmon -> Devimon -> NeoDevimon -> Beelzemon

Because Issei getting something devil related as a partner would be hilarious and learning to look past appearances would be good character development for him. Also, I think he fits the crest of Reliability the best 'cause he reminds me much of Joe.
The reliability crest seems to be all about doing stupidly self-sacrificing things to save others, so no, it fits Shirou MUCH better than anybody else; Issei is an interesting idea for a cast member, and might be an acceptable replacement for Caren.

Kid!Gil should totally get:

Dorumon -> Reptiledramon -> Grademon -> Alphamon

Dorumon is, like, the closest to a fully-flesh original Digimon we have. Reptiledramon could be Gil's Vimana and Grademon and Alphamon are both knights with full golden armor. Also, kid!Gil should get the crest of Miracles. Duh, it's golden.
There is no crest of miracles; the golden crest is hope. Hope's digi-egg is also golden, although less shiny than Miracles or Destiny.

Shirou:

Patamon -> Angemon -> MagnaAngemon -> GuardiAngemon

And how come Courage can't fit Shirou after all the crazy stuff he's done to save his loved ones and the world? It takes balls to stand up to Gil and challenge him to a swordspam contest, y'know. Not to mention being stubborn enough to outfight your future badass self. Also, have you looked at GuardiAngemon. That thing is angel made of swords! Awesome!
The digimon choice is okay, and Shirou doesn't lack courage, but that's not his biggest character trait; Shirou's biggest character trait is his practically suicidal predisposition to self-sacrifice to try to help others, which is associated with the crest of reliability.

burningclaw2
August 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM
For Shirou I had the thought of this: Kotemon-Dinohumon-Kyukimon-Guardiangemon(or another sword weilding digivolution)

Kid!Gil I alright for Dorumon. Same with Sakura getting the Gatomon lines.

Shinji should either get Impmon, or Kappamon.

Issei: Gomamon-Ikkakumon-Vikemon-Neptunemon

Rin (dunno maybe a line based on jewels)

Ilya: Iceagumon- Sorcerymon- (need ultimate here)- Marineangemon.

Who else are chosen?

Aladar
August 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I still think Issei would be better of learning that Dark Is Not Bad with the help of his partner. And I think some leonid Digimon would fit Illya better.

burningclaw2
August 20th, 2011, 09:41 PM
For ilya I was aiming for water/ice/cold type digimon, though I change my idea for her partner.

Moonmon-Lnamon-Lekismon-Dianamon-Artemismon(sp?)

Aladar
August 20th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Liollmon -> Liamon -> IceLeomon -> Regulusmon?

For Illya that is.

Fantabulous
August 20th, 2011, 09:44 PM
The ultimate for Ilya could be MegaSeadramon or piximon or something.

^
Screw my idea, I double that one, except Ilya's Regulusmon wears a loincloth instead of pants.

Altima of the Gates
August 20th, 2011, 09:46 PM
We need an XBOX HUEG one for her to keep the little girl/big guy thing going.

Aladar
August 20th, 2011, 09:47 PM
http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digi-Egg_of_Courage#Digi-Egg_of_Miracles

Totally Gil's.

Ergast
August 20th, 2011, 10:04 PM
For me, Reliability means to be someone you can count to be there when you need said someone. Sure, Joe almost drowned himself to try and save TK, but Cody just lied to save the gang, chosing the lesser bad for him/her (thanks to his/her granddad, he/she despises lies)

...Gatomon's evolutionary line is is weird. Cat evolves into dog evolves into cat evolves into an angel evolves into a dragon/another angel. WHY

Fix'd for GREAT JUSTICE

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 10:20 PM
For me, Reliability means to be someone you can count to be there when you need said someone. Sure, Joe almost drowned himself to try and save TK, but Cody just lied to save the gang, chosing the lesser bad for him/her (thanks to his/her granddad, he/she despises lies)

I just double-checked the digimon wikia; the english names have somewhat different meanings from the literal translations for some crests:
Sincerity used to be 'purity' and reliability used to be 'honesty'

Not that this changes my opinion; I think that interpreting 'reliability' as 'self-sacrificing' allows the story to play Shirou's character to better effect.

Also, Gilgamesh should have Agumon, (well, botamon (baby) to begin with) because it is, in fact, the ORIGINAL DIGIMON (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon_virtual_pet#Digimon_Evolution_Tree)!

Fantabulous
August 20th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I don't know if this has been said or not, but Gil's digivice will obviously be SOLID GOLD and he'll get his before anyone else.

lantzblades
August 20th, 2011, 10:41 PM
so do you guys have a title yet? I don't want to be accused of ripping off whatever title you guys have come up with

Kotonoha
August 20th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I just double-checked the digimon wikia; the english names have somewhat different meanings from the literal translations for some crests:
Sincerity used to be 'purity' and reliability used to be 'honesty'

Not that this changes my opinion; I think that interpreting 'reliability' as 'self-sacrificing' allows the story to play Shirou's character to better effect.

Also, Gilgamesh should have Agumon, (well, botamon (baby) to begin with) because it is, in fact, the ORIGINAL DIGIMON (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon_virtual_pet#Digimon_Evolution_Tree)!

Huh, I knew about Purity, but didn't know about Honesty.

Also in that case Gil should have DotAgumon

shiningphoenix
August 20th, 2011, 10:49 PM
I don't know if this has been said or not, but Gil's digivice will obviously be SOLID GOLD and he'll get his before anyone else.
No, Gilgamesh's digivice is not solid gold, it looks like this: http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/2/27/2692786248.jpg

Of course, the original digital pets were demons (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Digital_Devil_Story:_Megami_Tensei), but because we're crossing over with Digimon and not Megami Tensei, we can pretend digimon was the first.

EDIT:
DotAgumon is an attempt to reproduce the original Agumon, not the thing itself.

VelspertheCat
August 21st, 2011, 02:48 AM
Gilgamesh has Yehweh as his summon. Lucifer mocks Yehweh.

shiningphoenix
August 21st, 2011, 03:09 AM
In the digi-nasu-verse, Digimon predate Megami Tensei.

mangafreak7793
August 21st, 2011, 03:10 AM
what was the first Digimon?

Aladar
August 21st, 2011, 03:28 AM
S'far as I know Dorumon is one of the first, if not the first, considering that he has the archaic red digi core or something stuck on his head. And I'm talking in-universe, going by wikia info, and not RL first or just most simple first or the first that was designed by the creators.

mangafreak7793
August 21st, 2011, 03:38 AM
Then wouldn't that be Gil's digimon?

Aladar
August 21st, 2011, 03:40 AM
That's what I'm saying. The Dorumon line fits him better considering that the last two forms are badass knights with golden armor.

Alulim
August 21st, 2011, 03:41 AM
Plus Alphamon being the final form.

Alpha = first.

Aladar
August 21st, 2011, 03:43 AM
Yeah, and he's considered sorta the unofficial leader of the Royal Knights. The Digimon closest to being their king, if we don't count Yggdrasil, who isn't even a Digimon but some big powerful data... sphere thingie.

mangafreak7793
August 21st, 2011, 03:48 AM
^ The fourth season of digimon doesn't exist .

Aladar
August 21st, 2011, 03:51 AM

Actually Yggdrasil appears in the fifth and in the non-serial movie.

mangafreak7793
August 21st, 2011, 03:53 AM
Actually Yggdrasil appears in the fifth and in the non-serial movie.

Well I still don't believe in the fourth season (people turning into digimon doesn't happen)

Alulim
August 21st, 2011, 03:58 AM
Eh, I am actually okay with that one. It helped me stave off boredom on mornings before school.

Larekko12
August 21st, 2011, 04:06 AM
That rocked hard core. Though I maintain their parents got up to some shapeshifter shenanigans or were digidestined who fused way too often.

mangafreak7793
August 21st, 2011, 04:11 AM
Eh, I am actually okay with that one. It helped me stave off boredom on mornings before school.

I forgot about those days...

Your right.

Ergast
August 21st, 2011, 04:45 AM

It's still better than the second half of 02, though.

burningclaw2
August 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM
^agreed. Fourth was not that bad, considering bio-merge from season 3. Also we take into account that the humans organic bits were turned into data on the way to the digital world. Thus it should be possible to temporarily rewrite the human data into digimon data.

I am not sure what to think of Digimon xros wars though.

Kotonoha
August 21st, 2011, 10:37 AM
I haven't seen Frontier, Savers, or Xros Wars.

Tamers masterrace, Adventure was very good, and 02 sucked.

Thus concludes my opinions on digimanz.

Altima of the Gates
August 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM
Eh, 02 was alright. Just about decent.

Tamers masterrace

Just this once...*brofist*

Kotonoha
August 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
Just this once... *brofist accepted*

TypeWannabe
August 21st, 2011, 10:57 AM
Tamers was the best season I've ever seen of Digimon, followed by Adventure, Data Squad, with 02 always (ALWAYS) being last. yes, I liked Frontier and X-ros Wars more than 02. If we're talking movies, Tamer's Train of...something something was the best, followed by X-Evolution, and every other movie ties for last.

Mike1984
August 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM
And Sakura being a shrinking violet who grows out of her shell would be plenty of character development, too, even without the angst.

But, without the abuse, Sakura wouldn't be like that in the first place.

Why does there need to be a "Dark Sakura" arc? There's no Grail here to corrupt her.

Because I'm pretty sure that general consensus is that the Angewomon line is the most appropriate one for Sakura.

Yeah, that definitely seems to fit her.

Kotonoha
August 21st, 2011, 11:04 AM
Why does there need to be a "Dark Sakura" arc? There's no Grail here to corrupt her.

D-Reaper?

Or something like that.

Mike1984
August 21st, 2011, 11:14 AM
I'm sure you could invent an excuse for it, I just don't see why they would. Dark Sakura has been done before....

Altima of the Gates
August 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM

Then work into an alternative. Like, if she has the Crest of Love, nominally the base problem she will have to overcome is something long those lines.
Maybe she is a hopeless worrywart (which she is sometimes) and needs to learn to accept, and understand why people do what they do for her. To accept that they love her as she loves them.

One small part of it, as love has a lot of facets to explore.

Kotonoha
August 21st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Maybe we could have a girl who doesn't have Love/Sincerity/Light for once *cough*